Speaker 1: Hello and welcome Awaken Jake, myself, Jake's story, Ellie, David Mendelssohn aka BBD producing his buns away. And it is trade season. It's the season of the trades, and I I'm gonna walk through what we have currently where we're at. Maybe we'll get a live one. We had a couple during Talk and Baseball today, quick recap, get some thoughts on each one, and then a little bit of what we're hoping to see get done in the next twenty four hours. Speaking of twenty four hours, also a little Warehouse promotion. We're going live Thursday, August first and noon. We're playing a blitzball game to one hundred, so that as long as it takes to get done is what we've signed up for. Myself, Jimmy and Joe's McFly versus the we got ice boys, Jackson and Shelfy being called the longest footsball game ever. So every time I talked about this for so long, and now the realization is really sinking in our five of blitz bal might be it's gonna be a scene a couple old bodies out there, So come check that out on our Warehouse Games YouTube channel. Let's talk trades, and let's even go cron pot on it, because I think that's important a man. So this is where we move the needle here on Waking Jake. The AJ Puck trade two my Arizona Diamondbacks. Okay, let's see a little bias from the start, because you know I'm a snake sky. Let me see where we're at by the end of this episode, and especially by the end of the trade deadline, which we'll be recapping I think Wednesday, maybe late Tuesday. See if we want to get folkish in the mix, get jolly involved. No way, Maybe I think there's a chance we look back at the AJ Puck trade. Oh God, this is such baseball loser stuff, and say it's a good trade. AJ Puck started this year as a starting pitcher. This guy was an uber, like a highly rated prospect, a's six seven lefty gross arm angle. Like if there was a guy you thought would be the next kind of Chris Sale, it's kind of AJ Puck. And he has had set success success as a reliever before. So that first month April, they kind of roll him out there as a starter, bail on it, and since then and now he's with the Diamondbacks too, and he's got two clean innings there, which we like. Thirty games, thirty two point one innings pitched, thirty seven strikeouts, one one fifty opponent's batting average. I think as people are fighting over Tanner Scott and we'll see what other relievers become available. Aj Puck kind of could have went under the radar as a wipeout, nasty lefty more than a strikeout peranning one nine to five YRA. Since he's gotten kicked to the bullpen that I think we could look back at that and say that's one of the better value picks of the deadline. Let's see if I believe in that. In a couple minutes, so that happens, Ghost Snakes go. Remember how strong their bullpen was last playoffs. Things are starting to happen in Arizona. I think fifty five and fifty one, it's coming the next one. And while we're talking trade deadline, I would just like to say currently positioned pretty well. Bring you back to expectations are everything in life you go to expect. I said this before I went to see Tropic Thunder. I thought it was gonna be the funniest movie I've ever seen our DJ Doctor Doom. I'm hip on social media that reveals actually cool. Even if you're not a Marvel nerd God. You want to see a bunch of people excited about something, go check out the Robert Downey Junior reveal of him being Doctor Doom. Anyways, we expected this deadline to stink. All these teams were like in the mix, We're like, is anyone gonna deal? We're trying to think of these eyeball deals. We're having a deadline. We still need a couple more big fish to drop. And this was never crazy. This was never gonna be an A plus deadline. This was never gonna be Sodo or Surezer Turner Machado. But yeah, I think we wondered if we would even get to this point. So thank you Tampa Bay Rays as they traded Randy Rose Arena to your Seattle Mariners. Seattle Mariners needed some hitting. Randy apparently likes wearing those color uniforms, so that's huge for him and the Randy Rose Arena story. Similar to aj Puck, for the past couple months, he has been bawling out, let's get some numbies for you, because that's what the people like to start this year. Uh. He had a four to sixty one OPS in April, March awful, a six to ninety nine OPS in May. Unfortunately close to league average this year, although the stats are ugly, uh the last two months June two ninety one, four eight ninety three ops, July two eighty six, three seventy eight nine ten ops. I don't expect those numbers to stay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I expect Randy Roseoranna to be good. I think he got off to a bad start this season. I don't know, luck, injury, whatever it may be. Uh, but he turned it around on the year. He's having technically a plus season. And for the past two months he has been all star level and Seattle has needed hitting. And I've been really tough on the Mariners and Randy's come in and he's had a couple of good games for them already. So excited, excited for Mariners, excited for Randy. I hope Seattle does more. They've got a couple more trades with a little bit of funk to them. But Randy Rose Arena for the price they paid. And I'm if you're looking to talk prospect capital, I'm sorry, I'm in it with some of the big names. We were laughing on Talking Baseball today that maybe we need some more prospect ranking updates because all these prospects are like, you know, Jeff Passon's calling people out on the internet. Oh, you think he's a nobody because he's the eighth rank pitcher. Well, you don't know ball, And it's like, well, maybe I know ball, but maybe I haven't been tracking Phillies double A baseball this year.
Speaker 2: The go to websites do a preseason and postseason list. It feels like we could do like a monthly update just to how about.
Speaker 1: An All Star breakup date? That seems fair. Sorry to prospect nerds, sorry for putting a little more work on your table, but I think you're It's one of those it's like when your parents are teachers tell you that you're leaving more work for yourself. Yeah, like by I don't want to say half asking it. I think you guys are doing a great job. I just think we need to do the job again.
Speaker 2: Just just it's just the ordering them on the website.
Speaker 1: No what it is. It's like, it's it's like, oh, if you mow the lawn and you let the grass grow out really long, and there's a bunch of stuff on the outside that you gotta trim and take care of, and it's like, well, if you actually just did it one more time, it's the same amount of work, just spread out.
Speaker 2: Like and the Yankees instance, the trade Augustin Ramirez a big part of their trade. He was ranked twentieth. Right, he's had a big breakout year, like people like people in baseball obviously knew like he was a prospect. He's probably the most valuable realistic he traded prospect. Yeah, people immediately places like number four in the Marlin system now, and I think they fixed it reading about him. They were saying that he was going to become like a top one hundred prospect because he was a twenty two year old catcher at Triple A with twenty homers.
Speaker 1: So the scouting thing's funny. And the other thing that I always point to an example of how not perfect this whole process is, you know who became a top ten prospect after not being one? Randy Rose Arena, because he played really well in the playoffs and he instantly went from like not prospect to top ten in the game. So we're still figuring all this out. It's part of the beauty and part of the weirdness of this sport we enjoy. So yeah, Aiden Smith, Brody Hopkins, and player to be named later. I don't know, but I do know Randy Rose Arena, and I know Seattle needed it, and there is upside there. And I'll tell you what if Seattle can get to the postseason, know who the other team does not want to see at the plate, Randy Rose Arena. So let's see if they get a little more done. James passed into the Socks for a seventeen year old nice sick. This one turned some heads in the baseball world. Austin Hayes, former Gold Glover. I believe double checking and a solid righty contact bat almost ten career war take that, Trevor Ploof unnecessary, unnecessary, one time All start twenty twenty three. So another All Star traded. He gets traded from Baltimore to Philadelphia. Been rumored for outfielders for Sir Anthony Domingez. So this is what I've been daydreaming. I've told you guys on here. As this deadline was coming up and looking funky, I was trying to find team strengths with team strengths that lines up. But it's it's one of those things that it's I think it's impossible to predict. Unless it's truly like an extra starting pitcher, then a team would trade them, and hey, Seattle can still be won over. Austin Hayes goes over to Philadelphia a year and a half of Austin Hayes if they want it. He kind of gets paid for. Sir Anthony Dominguez, who you've probably seen in some pitching some big innings for the Phillies in the past years, along with Christin Pasche the outfielder that I think him and Johann Rojas became slightly redundant for the Phillies. I don't know. The other part that's fun here is like kind of got some butts on the line, right, Sir Anthony Dimingez kicks in a gear with Baltimore and becomes their seven to eighth, ninth dominant guy. I think Philly fans are gonna be like, wait, we really traded Sir Anthony, Like that guy's been wipeout for us Baltimore. I guess a little less off their back, Which that's a weird phrase. What is that is that, like, does that go back to bad times?
Speaker 2: It doesn't evoke kind imagery.
Speaker 1: Skin off my back, skin off my teeth, the idiom no skin off my back means something is not a big deal and the speaker doesn't care too much. Uh oh, it looks like there's a reddit that says the origin is pretty gruesome. So I'm not gonna click that, and I'm gonna say no skin off my teeth.
Speaker 2: The word whip is part of the first sentence there, which I was starting to come out.
Speaker 1: Maybe we need to get better. Maybe that's that's one of those phrases that you say as a grandpa and your grandkids are like, oh my god, how did he say that? And You're like, I don't know, we all just said that. Okay, so I'm canceled. Austin Hayes goes over to the Phillies. Uh. The Orioles have outfield depth in droves. It's been a tough year for Hayes league average ops that you know, he's normally a tick up from there. But I just think it's in the world of the future of the Baltimore Orioles. I don't know how much of a future. Rousin Hayes has been there, and they potentially get a high leverage reliever for themselves. So I think people tend to like this more for Baltimore, however, and we don't know the outfield trade market, and I will break our cron pod, which you know I hate to do. This company is built on cron pods. The Phillies got and they trade for Carlos Estevez, who Trev said maybe the most impactful trade of this deadline so far, like a contender getting a player that will affect it, which okay, kind of rude jazz Chisholm. We'll get to that. They trade for Carlos Estevez, who I think there's a chance he is looked at as the the number one reliever that comes out of this. His whip is zero point seventy three five right now. He's got a two three eight ERA this year, twenty saves. He's been closing the last two years. Came up as a Rockies guy from sixteen to twenty two. How many o the Rockies pitchers do you know that like survive. He's gone over to the Halos and he's been a productive player for them, And man, I think it's funny the Phillies have crazy bullpen depth, but in a way, the ninth inning is open for whoever wants it. Jeff Hoffmin's been incredible, but he kind of came from nowhere. Alvarado's had his ups and downs, so Philly and these were the prospects that Jeff Passon was yelling about. So maybe they gave something up here, but it seems like they upgraded their bullpen piece. They brought in the outfielder they're hoping for, and we'll see. I know trev was daydreaming of a marsh Hayes platoon, and they could still bring in another outfielder. We'll see. It's the Phillies, it's the land of Riches. So I think they could be done and be okay. I think they could also get in the mix. The team of the trade deadline so far your Tampa Bay Rays, and they unloaded Zach Efflin zephln here to the Baltimore Ool so in Division trading and some good notes here on the ESPN which has a nice little updated trade deadline season going. Baltimore had three starting pitchers undergo elbow surgery in June. Bradish means in Wells, so they are looking for some innings and potentially more. They have Burns and Gray Rod Dean Kramer. The thing that was surprising, and I guess put this as a little notch in your future Baltimore belts. Who's got future Baltimore belts. Zach Eflin is making eighteen mill next year, So Baltimore signed up for that, which, whether you're talking about future signings or re signings or whatever, it may be, Baltimore willing to pay that for zach Eflin, who has been the model of consistency. The Baseball Reference was pretty shocking how consistent it's been. That for the Oriols, it's a little bit of you know, in baseball, we say you never know what you're gonna get, like a box of chocolates. Some might say you kind of know what you're getting with zach Eflin at this point, and hey, maybe he does tick up in Baltimore. That massive left field always speaks to me. But you're getting productive and slightly plus innings from him. So they didn't have to give up any of their top prospects, and for the raise, it's kind of a win win. They get to bring in a handful of prospects. They got a ton of pitchers on their way back, and they're not on the book for Zach Eflin for next year, which they backloaded that contract. Those tricky, tricky Rays very clever. We'll get back to them in a second because we have to talk Seattle Mariners. Where I'm going to Uh, I'm gonna double down on the trade because I think they made Mariners fans go eh because they trade away Ryan Stannik two the New York Metropolitans. Okay Stannik. The the numbers aren't too flashy this year four nine to five Era got hit in his first appearance with the Mets. Tough was four to three eight the other day. More strikeouts than innings pitched. He's made a career as a major league reliever of three to six Era. He had one dominant season in Houston. Also, Yankee fans probably remember he was he was an opener guy in eighteen and nineteen. He started fifty six games as the opener.
Speaker 2: So that's weird.
Speaker 1: That's just weird. That's gonna be a bad jolly olive video. Unsubscribed. There's a lot of hostility in the office right now. Mets are good. It's the trade eche ligne. Trev's here today. You get a proven MLB bullpen arm, which I get that there's volatility to that position. Ryan Stanek got rocked in his first appearance. He could get rocked in his next five and the Mets might have to dfaan. He could also go on from this point to have a ten appearance scoreless streak. Life of a reliever, but he's an MLB guy. Mets needed arms. They just had a couple guys go down, they get it done, and I mean, that's you're not paying a premium price. Tagners and I had had to head tilt myself because if you're gonna add Jimmy Garcia, you might as well keep Ryan Staniic. No, although Seattle'll be the first to tell you we're a bullpen factory. Nice they give up Jonathan class a eighty grade speed for Reemy Garcia. He's good. There's times where he set up for Toronto. I feel like there's times I was excited to see him in a game as a reliever. I feel like there's times I was like, I don't want to see him in the game as a reliever. I was gonna be tough on Seattle because it's like, are we really doing the trade away reliever things again? But I just mentioned it. With Philly, they went from Sir Anthony to Carlos Estevez, which, like I said, with relievers, Sir Anthony could outpitch Estevez, Like it's just how it works sometimes. But I like the move for Philly that I'm gonna I'm gonna lean. I like the move for Seattle. I think Garcia is a better relief pitcher and he's already had two clean sheets for them, so welcome home people. Are people do have that one noted as the prospect could come back to hurt them. They say, like I said, eighty speed. If you know the MLB scouting world, that's as high as it gets, and they don't give those grades to people that if he can figure out any other aspect of the game, could be a useful guy and catcher. Jacob sharp I mentioned Stannic for Ryland Thomas. Here's a big one. The New York Yankees have traded for Jazz Chisholm. H you heard us mention this before. Augustine Ramirez headlines it with short King Jared Serna and my guy honest A Ramirez. Jazz Chisholm to the Yankees, a guy that has probably sometimes drawn f ire from fans. Fair ire. I don't even know if iron works like that. What's the definition of ire.
Speaker 2: And I or would be just like anger anger?
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, that kind of makes sense to draw ire from people. Some people probably dislike jazz for the wrong reason. Some people probably dislike jazz for okay reasons. Some people love jazz that I think where jazz Chisholm landed. Uh he had to quote this year calling out Mickey Rowe, who's one of the most beloved guys in the game. Uh, what it is on paper is a guy not making a ton of money that's under team controls the er two and a half years.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, two years after this.
Speaker 1: Year, twenty six years old, has power and speed. He's had some injuries in his past two that should be noted.
Speaker 2: If we're if we're getting into the ARB situations because of what he's done so far, Like, he's not making a crazy number, right, he doesn't project to be a guy who like is breaking any ARB records.
Speaker 1: You know, twenty two All Star that was a limited year. He only played sixty games. He's been around a league average hitter for his career. When you factor that in with his speed, in versatility can be a very plus ballplayer to a ball club interested to see how the Yankees handle that they needed athleticism, they could use the versatility slash major league bat that Jazz might be walking into a real nice situation where he also doesn't feel like he has to carry the Marlins offense because the Yankees have two guys carrying it at a historic level. Never mind if other guys start to contribute thirteen steals or excuse me, thirteen homers twenty three steals now on the year for the Yankees, it's going to be interesting to see the next pieces. This bodes well, Like people were throwing out trade ideas or you know, we were talking about him on the train and Jimmy was running through things that the Yankees have money coming off the books this year. But if you're signing Juan Soto's currently making thirty one million dollars and let's say you signed one soda to forty million a year, you know, with the number that could be coming off between a glabor potentially Rizzo and there's one or two other guys in there like you have other positions that need to be filled that every dollar goes away from filling another position. And go look at how much free agents go per year. That Jazz Chisholm, who's making two and a half mil this year, I think he's projected for four next year. So weather jazz Chisms. Weather jazz Chism's next year, second basement. Maybe something clicks at third, Maybe it's the outfield, maybe it's a super utility. Tell me how many guys as talented as jazz Chism go for that four million dollar mark. It's not so this was I think Yankees fans got a little excited that if you're in the weeds on this, this is a plus move for re signing Juan Soto. I think this is a plus move for this season. I think this is the right environment for this guy. We will see could be singing a very different tone in a little bit. And it's crazy that it'll be dictated mostly from the results of sixty games, which we've seen players be amazing for sixty games. We've seen players be bad for sixty games. Go check out Randy rose Arenas for sixty games this year, really bad. But it sets up the Yankees for flexibility on their next move. It sets up the Yankees for flexibility and their upcoming off seasons. And hey, he's a guy that does have potential to tap into a little more. I don't know if that sounds like Yankees BS to you, but whether just ballpark factor, whether it's having other guys in your lineup, whether you believe in like off the field leadership and that the Yankees have a captain and they've got you know, if you don't respect Judge and Sodo, you're in the wrong sport.
Speaker 2: And Jazz is comes to entering mid mid to late twenties and being healthier, right.
Speaker 1: He, like Jazz has said all the right things so far. I mean, maybe this is the opportunity both sides are looking for. Maybe Jazz is a superstar in his own right full on baseball wise, maybe not. But you know, like Nestor won over the crowd in New York big time. And although he's a name kind of on the block right now, let's see where Jazz lands with its team. Yankee fans are excited. They do want more always, that's what being a Yankee fan is about. August and Ramirez go be great for the Marlin same with you, Jared Serna, I'm okay, would have oka.
Speaker 2: Needed to be added to the four party man after this season anyway, So that's also some math. We didn't get to mention in the immediate.
Speaker 1: Reaction and waken Jake. People already knew Jared Serna because foolish Bailey threw him in a fake Tanner Scott trade.
Speaker 2: Marlin's you just got him last week from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so funny how the world spins sometimes, Danny said, passing Yes.
Speaker 2: The Boston Red Sox and Pittsburgh Pirates are finalizing a deal that will send Quinn Priester to Boston, okay for infield prospect Nick York. Interesting that a twenty first round pick.
Speaker 1: That's prospect for prospect. Quinn Priester's debuted, but I think he's a former first round pitcher, so that's uh, that's an interesting one. Aren't the people running Pitts.
Speaker 2: He was twenty Pirates twenty nineteen first round pick.
Speaker 1: The people running Pittsburgh used to be Boston, right, isn't it like Cherrington, Like didn't he go to time?
Speaker 2: I forget when exactly everybody took over whatever, But I mean they have good relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I'm not fully trying to depict overlap, especially on this trade with recent ballplayers, but that's an interesting one young hitter for a young pitcher. Last time we saw a trade like that, what is it? Zach Gallon for Jazz Chisholm. We've seen a couple more, but you don't see a lot of teams put themselves out there like that. A Rosearina for Massy Liberatory comment below. What other trades you like? Danny Jansen's a red sock great crushes the Yankees, So I don't like that. We did ask the as Jesse Winker to the Mets. I love it. I gave Jesse Winker my award today half because we forgot to talk about the trade. Jesse Winker has been bashing this year. Jesse Winker has sneaky bashed his whole career except the past year and a half, which that's how baseball works. But not this year, not this season. One ops plus Mets. It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle the rest of the deadline. If they stay with this, it means Bader probably goes to the bench slash platoon vers lefties in defensive sub while Jesse Winker. Man, these Mets are already banging that. If they add another twig to the lineup, they're a scary team to play, especially right now. And they gave up Tyler Stewart, so I don't know what you do with that. He's six foot nine, he was a reliever in college that's now starting, So there's that. I think there's gonna be teams that are very jealous they didn't trade for Jesse Winker. I'm not even saying he's gonna have a big second half because right now he might be fighting for playing time on the Mets. There was a rumor the Mets might still flip Chady Martinez and Winker comes their DH interesting twenty four hours coming from Metropolitans fans okay, our race get back in the timeline as they trade reliever Jason Adam for three prospects from Tampa or excuse me, from San Diego. And I think two of them are kind of prospected prospects, including a first round pick arm which I read Preller has traded eight of his last ten first round picks. So I don't know a little bit of Seattle Seahawks old approach. Let's let's bring in guys we know who are gonna be good. And one of those guys also Meryl Merril Jackson Jackson, Merril Jackson, Merrill, I was getting weird in my head. Jason Adams Gross may not like the cat, but he he is a three pitch reliever. It's tough to guess along with him when he's pitching because he has the three wipeout pitches. He could give you multi inning if you needed it. Pairing him with Suarez on the back end can be a nice little, nice little duo for San Diego. And I want to be surprised if they tried to add some more bullpen for ideally cheaper than Adam. But yeah, this this was a big haul for reliever. And now they get Adam I believe for a year and.
Speaker 2: A half, might might even be longer.
Speaker 1: And he's, uh, yeah, it might be two and a half. So that's that's where the price tag kicks in. Uh and man, what uh I mean? Raise funny business?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And Adam credits them. He was granted his release by Chicago. He hadn't done much before that. Oh, I guess he had a nice twenty nineteen with Toronto twenty three games. Sure, but yeah, he's been wiped out the past couple of years. Eat him again. He's he adapted raised bullpen lifestyle of kind of wherever whenever we're meant to be together, I'll be there and you'll be near. Shakira.
Speaker 2: Kenenthal has tweeted a three team trade in which the Cardinals would acquire Eric Fetti, the Dodgers would acquire Tommy Edmund, and White Sox would acquire prospects. Is close.
Speaker 1: I have to think if Kenny's putting that out there that it's close. That's my announce sounds like he's reporting guys going to multiple teams. So Fetti to the Cardinals and that's obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, Fetti to Cardinals, Edmund, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Dodgers will make use of that. Yeah, I can play a little shortstop too, if I remember correctly. That's what they need, shortstop, centerfield, middle endfield. Okay, Fetty to Saint Louis, Yeah, everywhere, that's obvious. Okay, let's see some of the prospects involved. Good for the Padres. I think this is the number one trade people have circled as this one could hurt in a couple of years as relievers tend to run out and like Dylan Lescoe, I think was a first round pitcher last year. Homer Bush junior. You might know that game name from Homer Bush, which then led us to probably the most significant trade IMO so far, Estoc Parades, twenty five year old all star third baseman for your Tampa Bay Rays gets traded to the Chicago Cubs for chrispher Morell on two pitching prospects. Interested to see the Rays devil magic here, love me some Chris Morrell. I think before the season, if you said Chris Morrell or Esock Parades, I think people would have leaned Parretes. And that's why people like this trade. For the Cubs, Pretas is locked in as plays a good enough MLB third baseman, mashes the guy you don't want to see at the dish Man. Speaking from experience as a Yankee fan, chrispher Morel feels kind of streaky as a hitter. He's been having a tough year this year. Doesn't have a position locked in yet. He's one of those versatile but almost in a bad way. Currently.
Speaker 2: He's like athletic, you feel good trying him anywhere, but he hasn't looked great at any specific position.
Speaker 1: You like to think something's gonna click. I don't know. They're also is money and years factor here. There's another year in Morell while parades is starting to get kind of paid for them. While the Rays get their hand on two more prospects, two more pitching prospects that we kind of know how that organization handles them. Cubbies, Let's see if they can find some juice this year. You change something up and you bring in more of a bona fide player. I don't know. I've kind of been out on the Cubbies this year in their front office. This isn't a move just for this year. And we'll see if the Cubs sell off any parts because they get parades for a little bit. But I don't know. I've got a little front office just gut here. I really like Chris morel. It's people are saying he has more natural pop than parties. That if the Rays can tap into whatever that is, which we've seen them do with a couple of ballplayers. Hell, we saw them do with Esach parties to get him trade value, a lot of trade value, and that parade's good.
Speaker 2: Good for him and the Rays. They figured out a way to maximize his skill set time. Everything about his scouting report has like you need to do kind of these specific things to be really good, and he's done that very well basically his whole time in Tampa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tigers gave up on him and they turn him into this so Hey Swanson, Horner and parties. There's a lot of talent in that infield. There's a lot of talent around that Cubs team. Maybe the light bulb goes off soon and it all looks very pretty.
Speaker 2: And you know, he's like Parade's original organization. Let's see Marlins Cubs. They might have they liked, not wanted to give him up in the first place. Jack Flaherty was scratched from his start. Okay like that, and they have said in protection for a trade. Yeah, got they're not, they're not. He's not hurt.
Speaker 1: We're here. Uh And speaking of we're here, Michael Lorenzen got traded live to the Royals today. Instant reviews on that. Our Royals are just getting insurance for what's been a strong starting pitching. Their bullpen had a couple injuries over the weekend and I don't know it was an interesting note. I think for my guy Bradford Doolittle, that Kansas City has gotten the least amount of contributions from its rookies this year. Are my negative war from all their rookies this year, Which that's where your depth comes from in baseball. So Michael Lorenzen gives them depth, bullpen when they need it, starter if they need it. Texas gets to save a little money. We'll see what else they do, because it seems like they have more pitch on the way. Nobody's really sure. They were kind of one of the wild cards of the deadline, and we just broke the the other live trades to you, so uh, I think I I want to circle up on the next twenty four hours or so and what we're gonna see. We'll be live on our Talking Baseball Channel h recapping where we've gotten to and what's coming next. Uh down the line. Baltimore as big of a threat as anyone. Boston, I don't know, just swap prospects. Let's see what else they got up there. Sleep They brought in Danny Jansen in Paxton, which Hey, that was my ask, was Boston, show you're involved, they're involved there.
Speaker 2: They seem to be trying to make smart moves.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be surprised if something else happens. White Sox keep emptying the chamber, although after Fetti, like we talked about, there's you know, there's some smaller parts or Luis Robert that I would love to see that trade happen, or one of the other White Sox. That's I don't want to say fallen from glory, but like i'd love to see Eloy in a New Jersey. How do I make that happen?
Speaker 2: Just get him somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I know the money feels different. Tommy Fams currently on those white socks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Does someone think Andrew Vaughn can tap into something Michael Kopek in the back end of their up bullpens, so they should be doing more Cleveland, nobody knows. Cleveland fans got mad at me for saying that front office I can't believe in them making them doing a deal. They reference trades from like twenty eighteen. Sorry, I think they like what they got and they don't like to spend money, which is a tough trade convo. Tigers. You just heard Jack Flaherty. That's the big one. They also have bullpen pieces. Don't be surprised if one of those either gets attached or just traded, because bullpen pieces are getting returns.
Speaker 2: Any any team might have reliever come and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're seeing some of the contenders do it. Houston. I'm super interested to see. Man they are they are always just snake in the grassing. Man are they gonna add pitching? They could, They can add, and they cannot, and they're fine either way. They're sick org And if you're looking for something to watch tonight, Paul Skins versus your Houston Astros, Uh, they've got it. They should add some pitching. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens for Houston. Kansas City's you've been in the mix. They were supposedly in the Jazz Chisholm mix, so it is Pittsburgh. Those teams are both looking to add cost effective hitting. That's what I said about jazz chism. I think some one of those teams is gonna give in for Brent Rooker. I really think they should. Brent Riker's got a lot of positive numbers there that I think I think they could angels hard. They got pieces Polar will run, heathho and Ward go Tyler Anderson. Yeah, there's a lot more deadline coming. I'm pretty hype. I didn't think this deadline was gonna give us anything. Twins nervous should be adding they've got a lot of complications. Yankees still looking for impact ads. Minimum we're looking for still at this point is pitching. There's some hitting options that can figure themselves out. Scary would ideally like another infielder and some pitching. Oakland not as crazy hard cell as you think, like Andrew Horror, maybe Brent Rooker. I'd love if they would, but they're asking for a big price. There's a couple bullpen arms, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't know the time of year, you never know what's being said. It's just like a leverage play.
Speaker 1: Right, So, I mean they don't have to move Rooker. They don't and Rooker. I could see where teams are probably trying to lowball on Rooker. I threw some shade that way. Doesn't have a great defensive position. You could say it feels flukey, even though it's like not like it's been there for a year and a half now, and this was a former big time prospect. Let's see what goes on there. Seattle, get me more hitting, Tampa, keep mixing it up, Texas complete wildcard, probably gonna stand mostly pat Yeah, sold Lorenzen. They don't have a lot of open just spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll like it. Obviously, they've already done some traits. It's but it's just a kind of shuffling of the deck.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Arizona could be good. Let's see. They added they've been playing better baseball. They could be in the mix. Braves. Everyone kind of thinks they're gonna do a nuclear move, or they thought they were gonna do a nuclear move as it gets closer to the deadline, I don't know. The Braves keep things close to the chest. Uh. I would I would expect them. Okay, Atlanta's got to do something right like the Mets caught them at one point. I would expect the Braves to either do and I referenced this before anyone in any line of business business references what they did before Braves traded for a hodgepodge of players. They ended up being the best offense in baseball. They ended up winning the World Series. Could they do a polar couple? Other guy grab bag and try to figure some things out. Sure, could they do the big move? Could they do a crochet or something like that? Absolutely, they're the Braves. Uh So I didn't realize this to now, and that's why I'm doing this exercise. But I would expect the Braves to do significant something or some things in the next twenty five hours. If they don't, I mean, I think if you want losers and winners, people would really be head till at Atlanta. Coubbies, I don't know that me and that franchise are struggling right now that I don't know. There's jameson Tyonne selling rumors. Can you still do that? I don't know. Cubbies fans, if you're tuning in, I guess what do you do? You want to see them hard by at this point? I mean Prede is for morel That's that's buying. They got Nate Pearson. I don't know. It's just tough for me. Fangrafts has them as a seven point seven percent shot to make the playoffs, and I don't know. Something about that organ has just felt a little off to me. Let's see what else they do, Reds. I think our stan pat slash soft sell don't have a ton of pieces. India would be fun. I guess that's been rumored now for a year, though, you know, make it happen.
Speaker 2: The gel v Argus is going to the White Sox is part of that trade.
Speaker 1: Good for them man, good for him, good for him, good for them. Get some run, be good quick hands like that. Uh So the Dodgers got Edmund. Huh they get Edmund? Yeah, I guess you could slot him. I wonder you can slot him anywhere. That's the beauty of the Dodgers. Right Edvan can play in field, outfield.
Speaker 2: Or they want to do whenever Mookie's back, whenever ever WOOKI wants to play when he is back. I hate to be rude.
Speaker 1: I liked watching Mookie play right field.
Speaker 2: Is that ever special field?
Speaker 1: If that ever happened again, I'd be open to it. But he was also fine up the middle, So whatever. Uh, Marlin's still a couple relievers, maybe a big picture to sell. I feel like we've talked about that for years now. If there's ever a time like they're selling selling.
Speaker 2: Seems like the White Socks are gonna walk away from that with a couple more prospects in that trade. As well, But I think Vargas is the only name we know. Okay, it is the only name we're liking right familiar with. I haven't seen any other names period.
Speaker 1: But Milwaukee'll do something kind of weird and we'll shrug. They traded for Nick Meher's reliever from the Rockies, so expect him to go nuts the next couple of weeks, next couple years. Probably Milwaukee's got the good sauce, Mets, interesting soft ads. So far, is there gonna be any Flippies?
Speaker 2: Dodgers get Michael Kopek a update.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be good for them. Back to you, guys in the booth.
Speaker 2: White Sox joined the party.
Speaker 1: Today, Arm Talent Times, Dodgers Times, leaving organization not known for success.
Speaker 2: Unclear, unclear to me if that's a separate move or part of all, part of the reay.
Speaker 1: Edmund and Kopek. Okay, Okay, Dodgers, I smell you. I would have been interested if those two players went to the Yanks. So good on you. Then good for the White Sox forgetting a name people know. Matts jazz us up. Do something fun, Phillies, You're always in the mix. Go get Luis Robert. Otherwise, I think they could be done and be fine.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I could see them getting another starter, Tyler Phillips feeling in great for them. Kobe Allard currently in the rotation, can't have enough arms. Come October, Pittsburgh gets some hitting man, get a bat. What is we doing? Jesse Winker was there for cheap, cheap, cheap.
Speaker 2: You can get Josh bellf for back for just want to pay his money.
Speaker 1: San Diego, Pop Andres are supposedly inn on Snell, so they're in on anything. I guess they're looking for pitching. Their lineup is sneaky, like they've been doing it, sneaky, just locked in. Like right now, Tatus is on the I L So if you wanted a new catcher for Campusano and Higgee, sure, although Higgey has been killing it this year and Campusano's you know, was a real prospect and there's no catchers available. So arrives Profar Croninworth, Machado, Bogart's Merrill uh Tatis when he's back, Hassan Kim like they're they're good. Maybe if there was ever a kronin Worth flip for a more first baseman first baseman, but that's my guy, and we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: David Hensley to the Marlins off waivers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, I'm gonna skip one team because I want to come back to them. Saint Louis. So, what did Saint Louis sell or? No, they got fetti, They got Fedi. They're in a year and a half of fetti. Cardinals are in. They love themselves. A veteran pitcher, A veteran.
Speaker 2: What does he fit into that rotation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he will like it there, good ad by them. I like that Nationals. Let's keep selling h you moved Winker a couple bullpen pieces. People have their eyes on their lane. Thomas feels like the time would be now. Let's let's see what that looks like. The team I skipped the San Francisco Giants. Let's see snell is back, Robbie Ray is back. They both had nasty outings. Kyle Harrison just had a nasty outing. Logan Webb one of the best most consistent pitchers in baseball. It feels like it's coming together. They're fifty three and fifty five. It says they have a twenty percent chance to make the postseason. I like the Snakes, like the Padres, the Giants, Tyler Fitzgerald going nuts for them. So Lair's been playing better. Chapye been good man. I think they're gonna hold on and hope. I don't know if it's the right move. Maybe they do some retooling. They've kind of have pitching depth. Now that we talked about this before the season, that there was gonna be a day when Robbie Ray came back, that things were gonna feel different. I wonder if they put themselves in the mix, they'd be a sneaky, great Vlattie team. If I was doing clickbait, you know, could they give up a real prospect package to go get Vladdie and kind of get the star they've been looking for. I don't know. That's some deep end. I've got my eyes big time on the San Francisco Giants to see what they do in the next twenty four hours, although my guess is not much. Atlanta's got to do some shopping. I'm excited for that. I've fallen into that. The Dodgers just made their move fantastic. I'm obviously watching my Yankees. We'll see if Houston gives us something and will one of the teams really cash in on chips like a Seattle starting pitcher. Baltimore's real prospects. Until then, I might see on talking baseball. We'll see it here on Wednesday, maybe with a jolly or a fool. Otherwise, tell them about Dan.
Speaker 2: Lake and Jick is a production of Dan Patrick Productions, John Boy Media, and Workhouse Media.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, Thank you,