Speaker 1: This media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Jannis, Brody, Randall, Colin, Alyssa and Va. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stat of the week. This week we're looking at each player's win percentage. Brody leads all players in this category, winning forty percent of episodes he's on. That's followed by Steve and Clay at thirty six percent, Randal at thirty four percent, Yannis at twenty two percent, Cal at fourteen percent, and Mark at ten percent.
Speaker 2: I'm still better than Randall at something.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. You've got the higher win percentage.
Speaker 2: I need to like refine my love for trivia.
Speaker 1: It's been lagging la higher win percentage.
Speaker 3: Probably more games in your career.
Speaker 1: I think I think Brody his his wins got a little fat before Randall showed up. Randall didn't drive until probably what a year and a half.
Speaker 3: Trivia we're just saying, I mean, I've just been on a little bit of a heater recently, but before that, there was like a seven month stretch sure where I just there wasn't any point.
Speaker 1: How can we help you find your love again? Brody? What do you think it would take? All fishing questions? All fishing questions? Today? There are there are two fishing questions including question ten. Yeah that this may be the trick for Brody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's all.
Speaker 2: The questions that I get right.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't matter about the category. Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Mediator dot com with the subject line I f a Q. Jenna Short says, why did you stop doing the correct answer recap? Not everyone has a fill at home to tell them how many points you have. I'm sorry, Jenna. This is a common bit of feedback. I get, I just forget sometimes sometimes I forget for like three weeks in a row. That's my bad.
Speaker 3: He's so desperate for the game to be over. He's fed up with us, I just forget.
Speaker 1: I would like to remind folks of the correct answers every time, so I will try to be better. Jenna, it's too bad everyone doesn't have a fill at home though, Phil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe Phil could keep track of reminding you to do that. It's not only the score, but also the score reminder.
Speaker 1: That you give film more responsibility.
Speaker 3: He's just telling me the other day he doesn't have enough stuff to do at work.
Speaker 1: It's a secret now for housekeeping. This week, we have a trivia live event coming up that Randall will be hosting. Randall tell folks about what's going on and how they can participate.
Speaker 3: Yes, we will be playing trivia at Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Rendezvous. So if this is air this Thursday, this.
Speaker 1: Is airing tomorrow June eleven.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow June eleventh, so on Saturday, that would make.
Speaker 1: Saturday fighteenth thirteenth, fourteenth is Saturday.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, well, I've got it all screwed up. Anyway, if you're gonna be at rendezvou and you'd like to play trivia trivia on Saturday night, we're gonna have Cal and Mark Kenyan and some other some other folks playing with us, But we want to have a couple listeners up there as well, So email Trivia at the meat eater dot com. That's Trivia at the meat eater dot com. And I'll say I'm gonna I'm gonna try to do it as randomly as possible. But if the if you've submitted several questions that have made it on air, if you're a if you're a committed team member this broader project of trivia, just flag that for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, what if someone sends you some some waypoints, Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Wait points, hunting permissions.
Speaker 3: You got a cabin I can borrow for a weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, start with bribery. And if that doesn't work, then let us know how much you know, how much you participate in trivia.
Speaker 3: Or if you've got a good joke, If you got a good joke, could you think i'd really like I'm just saying it's gonna be we want we want sort of a representative selection of our audience members up there.
Speaker 1: But how many I will play?
Speaker 3: I think I'm aiming for like eight participants.
Speaker 1: That leaves the door open for five or six folks.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got some. We're gonna have some BHA folks playing, and maybe some other some other folks from sort of the conservation community. But I'm hoping to leave like three or four spots for for media or trivia audience members.
Speaker 1: Randall said he already has won seven questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got seven.
Speaker 1: How many questions do you think you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do ten. Play a standard game, no need to deviate from a successful model. We will have a tie breaker just sort of all the all the usual fun I'm actually gonna bring, if you'll allow me to take them. I'm gonna bring the actual OH boards. So yeah, it'll just add to the authenticity of the whole thing.
Speaker 4: The one with the cracks in it is the one Steve uses.
Speaker 1: In de view that Steve has tried to teach a lesson to you by slamming them on the On the podcasting, I.
Speaker 5: Came up with a great question this morning. I was listening to the morning news. So if you want it.
Speaker 1: You save that for a future episode. Yanni is hosting, because I might tap you here soon to take over hostings if you're willing sure later this summer. Later this summer, we'll have another Yanni hosted episode.
Speaker 3: It sounds fun.
Speaker 1: All right, So June fourteenth, email Trivia at the medeater dot com if you will be at BHA Rendezvous in Missoula and want to play trivia.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right.
Speaker 1: The Shelby Index fort today is a five, so I'm putting us on perfect score alert and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Oh, I lost my look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 3: How's that? Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 1: Game on Suckers Question one, The topic is conservation. This will be multiple choice in this first great question is via carry Paine. According to a twenty nineteen article by me, the most common ticket game wardens right is blank without a license? Is it hunting, fishing, voting, or driving. According to a twenty nineteen article that I wrote on the medieater dot com, the most common ticket game wardens rite is blank without a license, hunting, fishing, voting, driving.
Speaker 3: I was trying to figure out how Saturday could be the fourteenth, and that's because today's Tuesday. Oh, I had the wrong day in my head.
Speaker 1: Cracked the cup I lost?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry is bugging me?
Speaker 1: I like the shirt you're wearing today. It is a Taylor Swift inspired mosaic of baby Billy? Is it Freeman baby Billy Freeman Righteous Gemstones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the algorithm offered this up to.
Speaker 1: Me, okay, and you said I can't turn I was a fool.
Speaker 3: I bought it.
Speaker 4: The algorithm has also offered that shirt to me. I did not click through that.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a stronger man than I am. I I showed up at Steve's house this morning and he said what is that? And I said, are you familiar with the show The Righteous Gemstones And he said no.
Speaker 2: I don't watch cereal shit that.
Speaker 3: I said, it's sort of the show about about a church and he said, so it's a church you go to and I said no. And then he said, oh, I get it's a joke shirt.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: And I said, yeah, it is a joke shirt and he goes, huh. And then he said, how's the joke going? And I said, it's oh for one at this.
Speaker 1: Point, Oh, this is your debut of that shirt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just arrived in the post.
Speaker 1: Did you know it was a play on the most popular Taylor switch, Not until you just said that, Like the shirt from the aras.
Speaker 3: Was that? I think it adds a whole new area. It's a richer text.
Speaker 4: Now there you go, Spencer, this the wording he's According to a twenty nineteen article by me, the only thing I can picture in my mind is that meme of Obama giving himself the residential medal.
Speaker 1: Well again, Carrie Payne sent in this question, but it's According to a twenty nineteen article by me, the most common ticket game wardens right is blank without a license, hunting, fishing, boating, driving. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanni saying fishing. Everyone says fishing. Everyone got it right. The correct answer is phishing. In that article, I interviewed game wardens from across the country. Six wardens from six different states told me it's by far the most common ticket they write. Wardens from Ohio and Alabama told me it's purely a numbers game. They might check as many anglers at a single boat ramp in one weekend as they do hunters in an entire deer season. Question to the topic is woodsmanship. This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures the hardness of a mineral. Oh, the room is stumped on question two. We just had a one hundred percent. Now we may have a zero percenter. This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures the hardness of a mineral.
Speaker 2: When you were halfway through reading that question, I was like, I know this.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Gonna We're gonna go with Richter? Is that gonna be your an?
Speaker 4: Not anymore?
Speaker 1: It's not Richter. This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures the hardness of a mineral.
Speaker 3: This was used in a podcast in the past two years by a guest on the podcast. Yeah, and I thought that would be a great trivia question, and then.
Speaker 1: It was except for nobody is going to get it right and it appears, which means it's not a great trivia question.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures the hardness of a mineral. Randall had an answer that it looks like he erased.
Speaker 3: No, I was trying to spur some thinking on my part by doodling.
Speaker 1: This is question got too God, does anybody have any hope forgetting this one? No, shaking her head now has an answer.
Speaker 5: You got some hope?
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmm. This scale which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures answer of a mineral.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's his first name?
Speaker 1: Not going to give any hints.
Speaker 5: Do we need a first and last name.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to give you any hints if the room. If the room would agree, I would give one hint that you guys want that? Okay? Uh? The the German geologists who it's named after. His last name is four letters.
Speaker 5: Oh, My answer is way.
Speaker 1: Okay for letters. This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, measures the hardness of a mineral that did not Is this a common German name? I'm not going to tell you anything else. That clue did not help anybody in the room. Though I don't see any inspired answers.
Speaker 4: I feel like I remember doing this in like junior high.
Speaker 1: I bet there are some middle schoolers who are listening against their will, who know this answer their parents do not. Again. This scale, which is named after the German geologist who made it, and measures the hardness of a mineral. To our players, give up, yes, Yannis still writing, Yanni, go ahead and reveal your answers, Yanni says cough. Alyssa says pH Randall says bond Reva without an answer, Colin without an answer, Brody without an answer. Nobody got it. The correct answer is Moe's hardness Scale. THAT'SHS Moe's hardness Scale.
Speaker 3: It was not used on a podcast. I take that back, okay.
Speaker 1: Moe's hardness scale is based on the ability of one mineral to scratch or be scratched by another mineral. It's measured on a scale of one to ten, with ten being a diamond. Agate, flint, and chirt, which are three of the most common rocks used by ancient humans for arrowheads, all fall somewhere betweween, six point five and seven.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the one that like a knife maker would use for the hardness.
Speaker 1: Of don't know steal? Don't only answer to that one, Rockwell, I think that's right. Question on the topic is fishing. But his next great question is via Joey Gardner. This ten letter word is defined as quote fish such as salmon or shad that migrate up rivers from the sea to breed in fresh water. We haven't had this before. I've never had this before. Randall quick to answer. Brody and Yanni have joined him. This ten letter word, which is defined as fish such as salmon or shad that migrate up rivers from the sea to breed in fresh water.
Speaker 3: Boy, half of our room is confident that perfect game didn't last long.
Speaker 1: Did not question a five points? She was a stumper shell. We got that one right, Jesus, because she is a rock hound.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: It lives with the rock hound. This ten letter word is defined as fish such as salmon or shad, that migrate up rivers from the sea to breed in fresh water.
Speaker 5: Speaking of rock counting, did you hear about this fossil party that Randall's going to this summer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you might want to know.
Speaker 1: Well, then, oh you did tell me this. Yeah, it's like a weekend festival there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do. Researchers present their findings, sort of a community engagement.
Speaker 4: Is there music?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Randall.
Speaker 1: May bring the party.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well then then we go out on a on a dig on Sunday, Got on a field dig.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun. Fossil rich Shindig is more of a play on words.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My understanding of the origin of the event is that, you know, there's so many researchers from all over the world that go to eastern Montana to dig dino bones, and so the the Carter County Museum, I believe came up with this event to sort of facilitate more uh engagement with the community between these researchers and you know, the people that they essentially live with for several months out of year. So uh, I don't know. It's a tough ticket.
Speaker 1: A lot of my favorite rocks I have in my possession.
Speaker 2: You got to be a doctor to go or something to get a ticket.
Speaker 3: No, but it helps.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers we have ianis saying anadromous alyssa without an answer, Randall Imbrody the same answer. Colin says swimmer with swimmers swimmers. The correct answer is anadromous. Some of the most common anadromous fish are sim and smell to sturge and char and and prey. The opposite of anadromus is catadromus, which are fish that spend most of their life in fresh water but go to saltwater to spawn. An example of this is the American eel Question four. The topic is hunting. This crossbow brand is named after King Arthur's weapon Randall already has his answer. This crossbow brand is named after King Arthur's weapon. Yanni is now joining him. This crossbow brand is named after King Arthur's weapon.
Speaker 3: Got this question, I figured the only one.
Speaker 4: I've got lore, so much lore reading The Bright Sword by Love Grossman right now, this is featured in it.
Speaker 3: You see that movie The Green Night.
Speaker 4: The Green Knight. I have not know though. I like that is right up my alley in every single way, and I have not seen.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch this beginning.
Speaker 1: Made a movie recommendation kill says, I'm gonna believe.
Speaker 3: So I don't remember anything about it other than it was weird.
Speaker 1: Your answer, This crossbow brand is named after King Arthur's weapon. Colin now joining them. Have you ever shot a crossbow in your life?
Speaker 3: I've never.
Speaker 5: Nope, never cocked one. Never. I don't even know if I've ever handled one.
Speaker 3: Honest, you don't know what you're missing.
Speaker 1: A peers as though Randall has oh yeah, I'm in Ohioman, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: You guys for a while, since you were in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. The first year I killed was was with the crossbow.
Speaker 1: Imagine that there's still deer in Ohio.
Speaker 3: My buddies, like in high.
Speaker 5: School, tell the public that we bought.
Speaker 3: Uh, we went out to Dick's Sporting Goods and we all bought like those crossbow packages and just started going after him.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: They're pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Somehow survived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Actually joking with Corey. They were like going to go do a photo shoot, some like lifestyle photos of like shooting archery and sitting around a campfire, and I should just take a bunch of photos of guy's pulling back crossbows.
Speaker 5: That would have been good.
Speaker 1: I've shot two bolts ever through a crossbow in my life. My takeaway from those two shots was that the uh, the learning curve is nothing. If you've never shot ye bow a gun in your life, you can pick up a crossbow and hit a ten x every.
Speaker 2: Especially you got a scope for a red dog.
Speaker 3: I think Mike crossbow is still in my parents' basement back home. Okay, so law has ever changed here.
Speaker 1: You could still have any big.
Speaker 3: Big archery guy.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite bits of Star Wars production design is they made Chewbacca's gun look like a crossbow even though it shoots laser bolts for no practical reason.
Speaker 1: What's it called the cast podcaster?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bow caster. That's right.
Speaker 1: Does everyone have an answer for the crossbow brand that's named after King Arthur's weapon? Go ahead to reveal your answers. We have Yanni saying ex Caliber, Alyssa says Dagger Randall ex Caliber Riva sword. Colin Barnett Brody ex Caliber. The correct answer is ex Caliber Barnett Rhino.
Speaker 3: That's a badass crossbow.
Speaker 1: The ex Caliber crossbow brand was created in Kitchener, Ontario, in nineteen eighty three, and was acquired by Botec in twenty thirteen. The ex Caliber sword was said to have mythical powers. It was placed in stone by Merlin the Wizard, who foretold that only the true king would be able to remove it. That wound up being fifteen year old King Arthur. Question five the topic is wildlife. This next great question is via Max Hoggy. According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, sea otters developed purple bones and teeth after years of eating this invertebrate. To the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, sea otters develop purple bones and teeth after years of eating this invertebrate. Brody quick to answer. Yanni, quick to answer. Do you boys think you know this? Or you're just guessing? Pretty sure?
Speaker 3: I know it?
Speaker 1: Oh, come Yanni as well. This is question five. We'll get a scoreboard off day from Filled the engineer after this. Again, the topic is wildlife. According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, sea otters developed purple bones and teeth after years of eating this invertebrate.
Speaker 5: Like seeing Randall's face change colors.
Speaker 1: Is stumped over there? You have an answer yet, Randall, I don't.
Speaker 2: Feel good about yourself, doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, is like an octopus, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's funny that, Brodie, you mentioned that you're you're having trouble finding the verb for trivia, But man, you come alive when Randall doesn't know the answer to a question.
Speaker 1: That's what it's often, right, m h m hm. Take Randall being stumped, Brody some joy. According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, sea otters develop purple bones and teeth. But I also think days, Yeah, he's got two or three answers in his head. He just hasn't put him to whiteboard yet. That's what's going on over there. He already knows WHI twenty is gonna pick.
Speaker 3: No, I don't like what I have written down.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, well, then quit dragging it out. Oh that's got him to put his whiteboard down. Randall, are you ready? Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanna saying urchin, Oh, Melissa, octopus, Randall, Squid, Reva, sea urchin, Colin, Jellyfish, Brody, sea urchin. The correct answer is sea urchin. About half the room got that one right. This phenomenon is known as echnochrome staining. Its impact can range from a couple of purple teeth to an entire purple skeleton. A similar thing can happen to humans who eat too many carrots, which can turn their skin orange. Our friend just post a picture of that. Heather did. Actually, when I was googling for the flavor text, that was one of the top results was that Heather had a sea otter that had some purple teeth on it. Phil give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 4: Got Alyssa and Colin with one point and coming up next a Reva with two, Randall has three and tied up in first place, or Jannis and Brody with four points.
Speaker 5: Good anybody's game.
Speaker 1: Good job, be honest.
Speaker 3: Thanks Brody too.
Speaker 1: Question six, The topic is conservation. The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife defines this six letter word as quote a technique used to deter an animal from an area or change its behavior. Brody Randall Yanni All quick to answer. The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife defines this six letter word as a technique used to deter an animal from an area or change its behavior. Colin Revell and alyssa blank whiteboards.
Speaker 2: Some little baby juvenile robins in our yard.
Speaker 1: Oh, last couple of weeks. Okay, why why don't you want them there? Because my dog will eat them? Oh? Okay, that's appropriate.
Speaker 2: You know how they like can only kind of fly a few days.
Speaker 1: They have just the right amount of mobility to make a pet interested.
Speaker 5: He got one in.
Speaker 1: Oh then what happened? I had to euchronize it. We choose it's Division of Fisheries and Wildlife de finds this six letter word as a technique used to detern animals. I think that robins are protected by songbirds.
Speaker 4: I didn't euthanize it.
Speaker 1: I put it in the bush, thought about it.
Speaker 5: A pair of sandhill cranes that supposedly we've never kept track. But supposed the neighbors say they've never raised a colt to flight, and right now they have two.
Speaker 4: What's getting on boxes?
Speaker 5: I guess, well, there's a bunch of feed in the neighborhood, and so I just figure, yeah, the foxes and Kyo's is hanging out on the trail that goes to the feed and nip them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Kind of area do they like up there? Because I feel like I like they like in what avalanche shoots? But do you have some of those around your place?
Speaker 5: No? But it's like a big meadow above a kind of on a hillside, above a creek bottom swampy, willowy crek bottom coup.
Speaker 2: Imagine raptors could hit those suckers too.
Speaker 1: Get a six letter word a technique used to detern animal from an area or change its behavior. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Alyssa, Reva and Colin without an answer, and Giannis, Randall and Brody saying hazing. They got it. The correct answer is hazing. Hazing is often employed as a non lethal alternative to simply killing an animal. It's commonly used on predators such as coyotes, cougars, and bears to get that get too comfortable around humans. Hazing is also sometimes done on waterfowl that are damaging crops, parks and golf courses. Question seven. The topic is gear. This brand says they started quote a mosquito fighting revolution in nineteen ninety nine when they created a portable heat activated repellent. This brand says they started a mosquito fighting revolution in nineteen ninety nine when they created a portable heat activated repellent. Is question seven? Colin, you got this one right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 5: The bad at your house, I'm sure?
Speaker 1: Oh you honest?
Speaker 4: Where the bugs bad up?
Speaker 1: And?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: You know we were using this product, but once we would get out of the tree and not use the product, they were bad.
Speaker 1: I am headed to northern Minnesota next week and I have one of these packed with me. You're doing or what are you doing? Uh? I'm doing a road trip to Ale Royal and along the way, I'll do some fishing. Nice, I'll have my kayak with me.
Speaker 4: Nice. I'm going to hand Lake next week too, same time.
Speaker 1: You better have one of these with you too. Sure do this brand says they started a mosquito fighting revolution in nineteen ninety nine when they created a portable heat activator repellent. It's everybody ready. Do you have an answer now, Alyssa, don't go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanni saying Thermicell. Alyssa says Off Randall, Thermocell, Reva, Citronella Colin, Thermicell, Brody thermo Cell. The correct answer is Thermoicell. It took engineers at SC Johnson four years to perfect their heat activated repellent, but before its debut, the product was delayed for more market research. That's when the development team decided to launch their own brand, thermo Cell. The product works by using a small buttane cell to heat a repellent that makes a mosquito resistant zone. Question eight. The topic is public Land. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Bridget Ferrell for sending this great question. Bridget is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to Trivia at the medieater dot com. The Timberline Lodge, which is owned by the US Forest Service served as the fictional Overlook Hotel in this nineteen eighty movie. Randall and Brody quick to answer, Lissa now joining them. The Timberline Lodge, which is owned by the US Forest Service, served as the fictional Overlook hotel in this nineteen eighty movie. You think you've been there, Lissa, I've been here. If it's.
Speaker 4: I'll say more.
Speaker 1: That, don't be given anything more. Randall and Brody feel very good about their answer. Yanni, who I think is tied for first? It's a blank whiteboard right now, Riva, do you know this one?
Speaker 3: I feel like I should.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the one I wrote down is the right line or not.
Speaker 1: The Timberline Lodge, which is owned by the US Forest Service, served as the fictional Overlook Hotel teen eighty movie.
Speaker 3: Are you Gonna be Tied? For second?
Speaker 5: Hearing, Honus, I came up with a movie that I think is from that era that has the hotel plays a prominent role in it. Well, thank you God.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're on the right.
Speaker 1: Colin. Do you give up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanni and Elyssa and Randall and Reva saying the Shining colin without an answer, Brody says the Shining. The correct answer is the Shining. The Timberline Lodge is located inside of Oregon's mountain Hood National Forest. The exterior of the building is used for establishing shots in the movie. The Lodge asked Stanley Kubrick not too depict Room two seventeen in the film, which is where much of the book takes place. Instead, they used a nonexistent Room two thirty seven. However, room two seventeen is still the most requested room at the hotel.
Speaker 5: I think grew that.
Speaker 2: I think the actual Overlow Hotel just sold, like in the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: That's the the Stanley Hotel, Stanley Hotel, that's in what Estes Park, So that was what I think. It just that's what the they were staying and when he wrote the book. But I think they filmed part of it at the Timberline Lodge and then part of it at a lodge in uh in England, I believe.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and they go up going to the Sun Road for the for the in Glacier nol.
Speaker 1: We have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 4: Here we are Lissa and Colin's still tied up and now with two points. Reva has three, and the three players remaining in the game are Randall was six yeahs, and Brody tied up with seven.
Speaker 1: How many questions left? Fill two nine. The topic is cooking meat that is prepared. A la blank is typically served in a cream sauce that can contains mushrooms, pimentos, and peas. Meat that is prepared all lah blank is typically served in a cream sauce that contains mushrooms, pimentos, and peas. Randall quick to answer, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Wow? This could create a tie. Brody and Yanni don't get this one. All lap blank is typically served in a cream sauce that contains mushrooms, pimentos, and peas. Yanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Theos are throwing off.
Speaker 1: Brody also joined them with an answer, Brody, how do you feel by your answer?
Speaker 4: Not so great?
Speaker 3: But it's what the pimentos are also messing with me a little bit. I'll be honest, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like Mountain House had this as a flavor. Really, if you're is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I loved it.
Speaker 5: I me too. Actually, those giant can so I didn't mild it out into my own little baggies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good meat that is prepared a lamp blank. It is typically served in a cream sauce that contains mushrooms, pimentos, and peas. Do all those clues make sense for what you have from Mountain House? Is it a cream?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of clues.
Speaker 5: That a very important question, but we know what the next one is. The next category already is Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Question ten will be fishing? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanna's saying King, Alyssa says Cart, Randall King Colin without an answer. Brody says king. The correct answer is King. Brody, Jannis and Randall got that one. I'm impressed that all three of you knew that. A La King is a retro dish that can be made with various meats, but is typically done with chicken or turkey. It's usually served over the top of toast, biscuits, puff pastries, mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice. For a wild game version, check out Lucas Leaf's article on the medeater dot Com called rabbit a La King.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Mountain House is what I first thought of when I saw this, and it's the only time I've ever enjoyed this dish.
Speaker 1: Here is a correct answer review so far. One was fishing without a license. Two was Moe's Hardness Scale three, Anadromous four ex Caliber five see your six, Hazing seven, Thermicell eight the Shining nine King Phil. Let's get one last scoreboard up date before we do question ten.
Speaker 4: It is down to Jannis Randall and Brody. Still. Randall wants a chance. Yannimrod you need to choke.
Speaker 3: Or if they go to a tie breaker. It doesn't matter who wins if I get that perfect, because then I'll steal their thunder.
Speaker 4: You gamed this out. I don't like I said. Yeahs, I'm already of eight.
Speaker 1: Randall has some Question ten. The topic is fishing. The original Senko worm was created by Gary Blank Custom Baits in nineteen ninety six. Brody very quick to answer, Yanni, do you know this one? He's writing as though he does. Randall has now joined him with a correct answer as well.
Speaker 3: Tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: The original Senko worm was created by Gary Blank Custom Baits in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: So can we sample that for a new overtime jingle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you make my job easier? I was going to go Pat Benatar, but this would be way, way easier for me.
Speaker 1: The original Cenco worm was created by Gary Blank custom Baits in nineteen ninety six. This is question ten. If Yanni Brody have this right, we will go into overtime. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Gianna saying Yamamoto, Alyssa says Meep, Randall says Yamamoto, Reva says Senko, Colins says Berkeley. Brody says Yakamoto. The correct answer is Yama motive.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, this this is going to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think there's there's a Yakama bits which is out of Washington.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm not voting.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not voting.
Speaker 2: Give it to you, honess, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Listen, Yamamoto is the correct answer. Brody has a K instead of I'm gonna ask Colins, Well.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's many examples of people spelling and or slightly getting an answer.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 3: A two week, I think I should go to be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Reva, what do you think yama Moto or Yakamoto?
Speaker 4: I didn't get it right.
Speaker 5: I would say since both of these two were okay, probably.
Speaker 1: All right, we don't even need a vote from Colin. Then Brody going to vote for you. The correct answer is yama Moto, giving Yannis the victory.
Speaker 5: Discovered, but still.
Speaker 1: The first sec of mode was made from a big pen that Yamamoto used to draw lure designs. The plastic stick bait went on to be one of the hottest items on the bass fishing market. In a twenty twenty one article on the medeater dot com, Joe Cermelli called it quote the dumbest, simplest lure ever made Yanni the winner with nine correct answers, Yanni, what are you gonna do with that five hundred dollars this week?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I think since uh the VHA rendezvous that I didn't get to, never even got any email from those guys, I'm probably not.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone gets an the national You think Randall had.
Speaker 5: Been like you want to come?
Speaker 3: And I assumed you were busy. Let you still be in Manitoba.
Speaker 5: We'll be in Michigan, but let's give it to them, because you know, we got a lot of public lands fighting going on right now. And interestingly, I had to make this point this weekend when I was running the Scout Mountain fifty. We had some other public land users out there on the trails with us, side by side users and some motorbike users and must have just caught the day of bad apples. I was literally in a creek, splashing around like a kid, trying to get my shoes all wet. So it's starting to get hot out there, and all of a sudden, I realized that there's a dirt bike like centimeters from me, Like, I'm surprised the guy didn't brush me as he went by. And on the trail, I met quite a few people that were kind of like dirt bikers, and I'm like, look, you gotta be nice to everybody. Remind them to also call their senators and tell them how much public lands mean to them. When the race started, you could hear public land disperse shooting going off in the distance, and some of the racers were like, oh, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Run by people shooting guns.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it's fine.
Speaker 1: They're all just out here having fun like we are.
Speaker 5: It's all good and so yeah, we just have to remember to all be buddies to keep so we can keep doing.
Speaker 3: We like to drink.
Speaker 1: Public Plan good reminder five hundred dollars going to BHA. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 3: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 2: An avid amateur, Rock Howe