Speaker 1: Second date update. We always talk about how it's normal before a date to stalk their socials looking for red flags, But what specifically are you looking for that would count as a red flag. I'm not looking for red flags. I look the best picture so I can show my friends my new wife.
Speaker 2: This is the girl that's okay, you're fla.
Speaker 1: What would be a bad thing to find, Like if all of their images are extra photoshopped.
Speaker 2: On there, maybe maybe a lot of pictures of cars.
Speaker 1: To ride horses? Yeah or walk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anti vehicle brook is coming out on the show. But one of our listeners found a different kind of red flag that I don't think we've ever talked about before on this segment. So let's find out about it. Joel, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So what red flag did you find on your dates social media?
Speaker 3: Well, so I met this girl named Maria on the app before we met up. I was just like curious, I want to just a little bit of a background check.
Speaker 4: I love how people always try to explain themselves. Everyone doesn't.
Speaker 1: We've literally been talking about it for the last minute to do it, but.
Speaker 4: Check just in case, in case, we give you the icky.
Speaker 1: I totally support that, But what did you find on Maria's social media?
Speaker 3: I got on Maria's instead. I was able to find it really quickly, just from her name and city or whatever. And she was cool and normal, likes to be outdoors and all this stuff, and I was like, this is.
Speaker 4: Great, Okay, okay, so where does the red flag come in?
Speaker 3: Well? I was just curious about who's following. Are you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're going deep. Yeah, you tried to find what her exes or something in there.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to see what the demographic look like.
Speaker 1: The way that you said that makes me really nervous about you.
Speaker 3: But yes, here's the thing I'm looking at it. It's all whatever normal people find. But then I see a blue check and it's Drake follows her, following her follows her.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so I just Drake follow a ton of people on Insta because you know, some celebrities only follow like five people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then some celebrities follow everybody. Yeah, it makes them feel specially.
Speaker 1: Drake follows my dog Bagels, So no, he does, yeah he does, Thanks Champagne, Poppy.
Speaker 2: I actually believe that Drake seems that lame to me.
Speaker 1: Joel, do you know how many people Drake follows?
Speaker 3: Like only like three thousand? Oh celebrity, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe she works in the music industry. Oh, I've heard of people being bottle service for him before, and.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, here we go. So like, now that's not my mind. I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Right, you want to ask her about it, right, like how do you know Drake?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Exactly, But at the same time, you don't want to look like a creeper that's gone on to her socials and figure out Yeah, no, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Eat with it. I'm not gonna be like, hey, b t W, how do you know Drake? Yeah, so we decide let's do dinner. We're at dinner, We're having a great time, we're talking, let's do dinner in Toronto.
Speaker 2: All you want to talk about is like.
Speaker 4: So, if you meant a celebrity, what would you say, did you want to meet?
Speaker 3: Hold on? You're pretty dark close No, like, hey, what's like your weirdest celebrity running?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That question not have you ever had one? It's what's your weirdest.
Speaker 1: Dozens that you probably met?
Speaker 3: Exactly? And he like Tony Danza, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, from Who's the Boss?
Speaker 1: If I had hooked up with Drake before, though, that's a great smoke screen to throw him off down Tony Danza and then poof, never see Drake coming.
Speaker 4: Drake is second to wait, so she never brings up Drake.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I wasn't done. I kept trying. I said, like, hey, who's your celebrity hall pack?
Speaker 2: Can't we go?
Speaker 3: How about that mine? Sydney Sweeney? What do you think? How about you? Yeah? Well, you know reached for the stars.
Speaker 2: So what did she say?
Speaker 3: I don't remember who she said, but it wasn't Drake.
Speaker 2: Well maybe because it's been there, done that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you're not on a hall pass anymore if it's already happened, you know what.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: What shouldn't you be like feeling good? Though?
Speaker 4: Like complimented almost that a person who possibly went out with Drake.
Speaker 2: I mean, if even that's the connection would choose you. I just mentioned him once.
Speaker 1: Anything I can relate. My ex girlfriend had a lot of NFL well like three NFL players following her and I found out after And it doesn't make you feel good, Well, your investigation isn't going the way that you wanted to Clearly, yeah it's not.
Speaker 3: So I figured, you know what, one last time, Oh you're.
Speaker 4: Going again, dude, you start singing in Drake songping.
Speaker 1: Clearly nothing else matters to you about her except this her contact with Drake.
Speaker 3: Well, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. So, you know, we're ending the be like, oh, hey, do you like dessert? Maybe instead dessert we could get like champagne.
Speaker 4: Champagne poppy, okay, stretch, yeah, I got no chill, still gonna answer on that.
Speaker 3: She was just kind of confused, So we just decided to leave.
Speaker 2: So you never found out.
Speaker 3: I never found.
Speaker 1: Out, and you didn't get any champagne either, no, or find out anything about her life.
Speaker 3: We talked about other stuff. It was just like banging around a couple of Mazzarellistics trying to get her to say Drake.
Speaker 4: I can't tell if you're more interested in Drake or yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey come on now, don't make me choose. I got a no bol Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're gonna come back. We're gonna give her a call and try and see what is her connection to Drake. And they maybe get you another day too, but Drake first with your second update right after this second date update. Most people on a first date ask questions like where'd you grow up? What TV shows are you watching? Where's your bank account at? But not Joel. He was asking who's your best celebrity hookup? And why was it Drake? Yeah, I'm indulging a little bit, but only because he noticed before the date, while stalking her socials, that her instagram is followed by the rapper Drake.
Speaker 2: Did is she an influencer? Did we even ask that?
Speaker 1: We didn't ask. I feel like he would have said that, though, so he wanted to know why. That's why all day long he was hinting at, like, who's your weirdest celebrity encounter? What's going on there? Never gotten answer even remotely relating to Drake.
Speaker 2: No, but we did find out a lot about Tony Danza.
Speaker 1: We did that came up a lot. But now Joel's also not getting a call back from Maria. And that's the hard part of about this one because he needs two things from us. One is a second date, but two is finding out her connection to Drake, And normally we can barely do one thing at a time on this show, let alone too. But I did think of a possibility. I'm just gonna throw it out to the room. What if as we're talking to her about date stuff, I bring up that as a radio show, we have to do like a background check on her socials for legality reasons, so we're not calling for like a catfish or something like that to make sure we have the right person.
Speaker 4: Try you're saying you want us to call her, and you want to say, hey, we saw that Drake followed you, and the reason we saw is because we were doing a background check exactly. Okay, you did not explain that very well, but I'm on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, the insult thrown at me wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it. I appreciate you tossing it my way anyway, Joe, what do you think you want to throw an insult at me too? It's pretty easy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I want to get these answers, so I'm all for that.
Speaker 4: It'll be awkward about it, like you were just now, Okay, then it'll be fine. Just making sure you're not in catfish and we saw that Champagne Poppy follows you, all right, My ego.
Speaker 1: Is dropping by the second. Let's call before I go into a full mental breakdown.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Is that easy?
Speaker 5: Hopefully Maria picks up. Hello, Hey is this Maria? This is this is a forgot who it was?
Speaker 2: Hi Maria.
Speaker 1: You're on the radio right right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm jeff he thinks, why a great question.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The reason why we're calling you is we're doing this segment called a second Date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that before, but it's where we try to help our listeners get in touch with someone after they've gone out on a date and they're not sure why they're not getting a call.
Speaker 3: Back that's cleared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can get that. But it's supposed to be flattering because this guy named Joel reached out to us and told us about going out to dinner with you and said it was an awesome time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I remember Joel.
Speaker 2: Joel.
Speaker 6: I mean he was all right, nice, good looking, but he seems really nervous the whole time, and not at all like how we talked on the phone. I don't know, he just was like ming a lot.
Speaker 3: It can be different.
Speaker 1: Nerves on the first date are really common, right, and I think he probably had a lot of that, because by all accounts, you're really good looking. And part of the things that I have to tell you is that whenever we call people on this segment, because it's a dating thing, we always check their social medias just to make sure it's not like a catfish situation. Because you are so gorgeous.
Speaker 6: What are you checked my social media for catfish reasons?
Speaker 2: Why are you okay? Sorry?
Speaker 4: He made did it sound creepy as if we were just stalking you because you're beautiful. We just want to make sure that you're calling who we said we're going And we don't.
Speaker 1: Rate you either, so I'm saying we're not.
Speaker 6: What is going on here?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: We just I just I need to ask you something here, Maria. Something that we came across when we were on your socials is that you have I don't know how to say it, a very famous person following you.
Speaker 6: Why does it matter?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're just curious.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 1: It normally doesn't happen a lot when we check people's socials. We saw Drake is following you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it, so clearly you knew that.
Speaker 3: Laughing.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have like a professional relationship with him?
Speaker 6: I mean I met him once. I was a dancer in one of his music videos.
Speaker 2: You're a professional dancer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, But I didn't even get to finish the video shoot.
Speaker 1: So I I just like, did they cancel the video? No?
Speaker 6: No, they didn't cancel it. So I was working on the moves on the side and I didn't realize how close I was to the craft service table and I knocked it over during one of the.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing it was.
Speaker 6: I was honestly super mortified.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets between Drake and his bagels.
Speaker 2: So you didn't get fired, did you? Did you get buy it?
Speaker 6: I did? They let me go. They said that what they're paying me is actually less than what all that food cast.
Speaker 2: That's a mess up.
Speaker 4: And so Drake followed you as a pity follow that's even more messed up.
Speaker 6: Well, Drake has a tendency to like get to know some of the dancers, and he was just being friendly with a big group of us and we were all chatting about our socials and he's like, well, I'll follow you girls right now.
Speaker 4: Follow you okay, flex as I got fired from a Drake music.
Speaker 1: This clears a lot of stuff up, not just for us, but also well I don't know about that, but somebody who's probably relieved to hear that story is Joel, who is on the other line listening to this conversation right now.
Speaker 4: Why why would it is a good question. It shouldn't matter.
Speaker 6: I don't understand any of this.
Speaker 1: That's how the segment works. We have them listening, Joel.
Speaker 3: Are you there, Hey, Maria. I just wanted to know, like, none of it was my idea, but like looking at your socials and stuff like that was all there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was what I mean, why did you even call them to call me in the first place.
Speaker 3: Well, I was curious why I didn't hear from you, you know, because we had like a good connection. We talked about stuff. I think I brought up that I also write music. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean it wasn't that crazy good Like we talked a little bit, but it just really seemed like you had really no interest in hearing my side of things. You just kind of kept asking me questions over and over and over and over. So I just kind of thought that you were nervous and I don't know, man, it was just kind of weird a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm nervous or not. I know, like, yeah, you're this like prod answer with like celebrity friends and stuff. I mean, like, do you still like I mean, I don't know, do you like talk to Drake at all?
Speaker 2: If you're still asking this.
Speaker 3: I'm just wondering, like what if we have a date and you can come over and like hear my stuff?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, so you just wanted to go on a day with her because you saw that Drake followed her and you thought it was going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, that's not it at all. No, it's like, I mean I like her the person.
Speaker 2: You didn't even know what she did for a living. What did you have on the date?
Speaker 3: Well? Now I know, like we're both artists, we're both like trying to get somewhere, and like, I don't know, like maybe we can each other out or something, you know what I mean, Joe.
Speaker 6: I don't I'm a dancer. I have nothing to do with the music. I learned choreography to do it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can, like just I don't know, like you dropped DM to people and feel like hey, what No.
Speaker 6: The one time I reached out to Drake, he responded with how do I know you? And then I told him and he laughed at me.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well I mean like, okay, well we're right there. You talk to him, And he replied, so like you clearly have like a connection. Maybe we can like drop him a DM and we can be like, hey, listen to this track.
Speaker 1: Or like you that's romantic.
Speaker 6: That's more awkward than me knocking over the food table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Joel, this is kind of shameless the way that you're trying to like get a hook up and use her connections to your own benefits us. Just yeah, exactly, Like do you think Maria that Drake would like my weekly song of the week? Do you think that's something you can ask him? No, because I have parodied his songs a few times.
Speaker 3: Because she's going to talk to Drake about me and not about you.
Speaker 6: Talk to Drake at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not talking slide in his DMS. Whatever you want to call it, the right.
Speaker 6: Verbiage is, but I don't understand why I'm still on the phone, honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing that I need to ask you, is would you like to go out on another date with Joel because we would happily pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what you guys threw up to over there, but you totally blew this for.
Speaker 1: Me Jeffrey in the morning. I mean, is it crazy for me to think that Drake is going to reach out to me after this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, that is totally.
Speaker 4: That's actually the most insane thing you've said maybe all year.
Speaker 1: Even listen to the radio when he's on the radio. I gave a pretty good case, a lot better than Joel's case, for why Drake should be sliding into my dtating over Drake, he doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 4: Because Drake is totally gonna take the dancer who fell into the craft services tables recommendations on who he should be producing.
Speaker 1: Well he should, because obviously Joel was just in it for the celebrity of it all. But me, I'm an upstanding guy, are you. I always do the right thing, and I say the right thing every time. Look at the track record, play the tame No, actually don't play it, don't do it. But I really hope that Drake doesn't hear this and slide into my DMS at its young Jeffrey on Instant spaces It's young Jeffrey, you know j E F F R Y.
Speaker 4: I could actually see reverse psychology working really well on Drake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely don't listen to this and don't have your life change for the better after contacting. But your life could change for the better even if you're not Drake by reaching out to the show, because we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back and go check out all of our Second Date podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey