Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black Bread Ambition and.
Speaker 1: Bishops is back and they're popping like, hey, now, hey, May's back.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mandy's curls are bad, honey, how are you?
Speaker 3: Mandra I'm very much better. I got a lot of I don't sound better because I was just in Georgia and the pollen kicked my You know what, I don't want to draw too much attention.
Speaker 1: To it, but do you see Okay, I love it if we.
Speaker 3: Draw attention to that. And if you're on YouTube, you know what I'm pointing to. Okay, if I draw attention or he or the thing sees itself in the camera, because I'm just like very casually trying to get sure that I cover up, hoping he just thinks that this is just white noise and Mommy's not doing anything interesting. It's spring break, y'all, okay, and I the kids are here in the camps are closing at two pm, like what I know? Yeah, but no, I just got back from Georgia. I think, y'all. I had a lot of I forgot what I said last week. I just know it was a blur and I was super sad and tiff again carried, but I did get some sweet messages from folks and my dad. I'm happy to report I went to Georgia for a few days. My dad is doing so well and he is looking so good. I know if you're talking about. I took him to get his first haircut, and I feel, like six weeks it looks so handsome, looks so handsome. I even talked him into letting the guy shampoo it. I don't think he even knew. It's like one of these old school, old school bar He's one of the same barber in Union City where I grew up for like the first part of my child, don't know all my whole child was. It was like five year chunks in different places. So spent a chunk of time in Union City, Georgia, south of Atlanta anyway, So shout out to Kenny at the barber shop that I still don't know what its name is in Red Oak. Nothing no, nothing makes me feel more normal than just fighting with my dad about directions in the car when I'm driving him. Oh wow, especially in all Atlanta, and I'm just like, yes, Dad, I know, take a left at the yellow sign and the short tree. You know, make sure you take a rite at the short tree, not the tall tree, but the little one. I've done told you know what I mean. Like I like to have the GPS on just for my own I hate that we're millennials, Like we like to know what our next five steps are going to be. I like to look at the map and know that my little blue line is going to go the right way. And he just fought with the jeep anyway, he stressed me out, but it was it was so fun and my my, you know, you know who back there got to watch Pop Pop get a big boy haircut and yeah, he's doing real well. He had visitors yesterday. And when he starts holding court and talking for hours and hours on end, I just like sat back and I was like, wow, a month ago he could barely get five words out. So I almost like, God is good. I've never said that once in my life. Girl, Like, am I a church girl, Charlotte? I guess I am a church honestly though, Like the number of relatives I have who are pastors in Georgia, Like I really ought to be more. But no, God is good, yes period that. Yeah, how are you are? The church Blossoms blossoming.
Speaker 4: Yet peak, although this is a year two you just I'm gonna, yeah, you have to come to I want to say, it's like early April that it reaches this peak, so you have to come.
Speaker 3: Like, God, that's like next week. Okay, So it's.
Speaker 1: Like within next two weeks they're going to reach their peak. So I'm excited. Although I'm why, I'm like, where are you? Maybe you know, I feel like they pop then they don't. But I'm because I'm looking around like it's not looking poppy.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, have to like, what's the come on?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, they're better, but yeah, so last week I fell.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: You know how most of the time as an.
Speaker 3: Face people are injuring, I always walk out.
Speaker 1: Was coming down the steps to my house and I was listening to like this book that I've been listening to, and I don't know, I just it was I missed the last step. You know, you miss calculate one too all the time. I'm like, but you said you catch yourself. I mean I said a door. I have not fallen as an a door. I want to talk about fail. I mean I felt like a five year old, like fell knee to the ground, hip to the ground, all my back looking at the sky.
Speaker 2: And then you know, usually when you when you're five or six, you hop up. I tried to hop up my body. It's like you forgot your forty four.
Speaker 1: I laid there for a little bit, just the guy to my breakfast.
Speaker 3: Who stairs were you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: My own?
Speaker 2: And then I laid there for a minute.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't even have that many steps.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like three steps, and I missed the last one. And then I just laid there and I said, so I had for as I had to just roll over to my side.
Speaker 2: I had to roll over to my side.
Speaker 1: Then I had to get on all fours and I said, oh okay, and I realized, okay, your niece are scraped. That's official. And I was like, oh, my hands are scraped. And then I got up and I said, oh okay, I'm okay. So I walked halfway up and I was like, I was going for a walk, my daily one. So I walked like, you know, maybe just like not even half a block, and then my inside voice like chold.
Speaker 3: Asspect, Oh no, are you okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I thought I was okay.
Speaker 1: And then this morning I woke up, I said, oh, I'm just running my knee. I started limping. I'm like, why is my knee hurt? And I was like, oh, that's right, Timmy took a tumble.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, I don't think that was age. I think that's just.
Speaker 2: I know, you know, I have not fallen like that, and.
Speaker 3: Like, that's real hard to go downstairs. I mean it was doing something else.
Speaker 2: You do a little something like you know, you catch yourself.
Speaker 1: It was I mean it was I was like an ant with this with this like a turtle on.
Speaker 3: Her back, just like legs like a yeah, but it was one with.
Speaker 2: The said that's an episode.
Speaker 1: And I there was no call she do it, and no people walking by, so I'm sure the ring.
Speaker 3: No one, no one honked at you. Oh is not the worst I know, are you? Okay? Just leave me protect If you see someone who falls down, just ignore them. I mean, all they want in the whole to be ignored. That's different, yes, but if they look like you know, under the age of like let's say fifty, then just leave them alone. And if they're not crying and screaming in pain, just walk just turn around. You can check on them, but don't say anything, yes, turn around. You can be like they look okay, they look okay. You know, I find a bush for five minutes just to be sure if you really want to, but don't talk to them that shame.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna call it like g A W D. God is good with the tea is good. Hey ba fam.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Because He is good. Because I also avoided a major scam. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: You need scams? I know that's gonna be the next intro for your book.
Speaker 2: So this scam book is like.
Speaker 1: The thing is, they almost got me a few months ago, but because God is what good, it didn't work out. And then they try to get me again twice this weekend. I said, hold on, maybe I should google.
Speaker 2: So here's what happened. A month ago.
Speaker 1: This podcast that I thought this major podcast reached out to me and said, hey, we'd love to have you on. I was like yeah, yeah, sure. They're like, oh, we actually pay our guests. I was like really okay. They were like Australia or something. I'm like, well, maybe that's how they do it in Australia. And it wasn't a little bit of money.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Say, it was like anywhere from five thousand, six thousands.
Speaker 2: It wasn't you know. I said, oh, okay, So everything looked legit. And then the day.
Speaker 1: Like maybe it was a few days before we're supposed to do the podcast, they were like, we're gonna do it on we want to also go simultaneously live on Facebook. And I said okay, and what had to happen? And I've done this with like Chase and not Bag of America Prudential before. Is that like you like basically kind of joint log in behind the scenes, And for whatever reason, it wasn't clicking, Like they couldn't access like my behind the scenes Facebook and I was just like oh and then like well we could do it on YouTube and I said okay, And then same thing YouTube. It was only huh girl, By God to grace. It wasn't like they weren't able to link whatever they need to link behind the scenes. They said, hey, Tiffany, let's try again tomorrow because the podcast is in two days. I said, no problem. Then the next day I was waiting on Zoom and nobody showed up. And then I was like this doesn't seem right. So then a week later they hit me up and said, oh my bad. I'm like, well, that seems odd because I was supposed to be a guest this week.
Speaker 3: So it was like a big show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember the first show, so I ignored it. So when they said, to my bad, can we jump back on? I just ignored them. I was like, they're not serious. Then this week Tracy reached out to me and said two podcasts reached out, one saying they paid three thousand dollars and one say they paid ten thousand. I said really, and one was Crime Junkies And I'm like, well, doesn't have a thing they to do with me. So we're going back and forth, and they kept saying, how do you want to get paid? And Tracy said, something doesn't seem right because they seem more interested in paying you than actually like, what is Tiffany need to do? They're like, oh, she doesn't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: Really, so what very very fishy?
Speaker 1: Yes, And so they kept being assisted, how do you want to get paid? I'm like, what's going on here? So then I said, googled podcasts Facebook scam because it was the same thing. Let's link behind a Facebook child. The reason, the thing, the way, the pot the scam works is whatever they are doing behind the scenes of Facebook, they take control of your and steal it from you. Oh and has like five hundred thousand followers and my job and I said, oh my gosh. So the first time, that's what they were trying to do. But God said, look at this, fool me, not them block And I was like, well, come on over to YouTube and steal my stuff there.
Speaker 3: And again were they like trying to get you to add them as an admin or something.
Speaker 1: I didn't think too much of it because I had done it before, but these problems we were legitimate brands and so yeah, so I googled it, I thought, I said, oh my goodness. So I sent it to Tracy was like, any of these come in that and then she said I was like, Tree, I'm gonna strangle you. She was like, you know what I should have There should have been a red flag because they were using a Gmail. And I'm like, wait, we won't use the Gmail.
Speaker 3: We used the Gmail.
Speaker 2: We have brought up this podcast.
Speaker 3: And she was a cow.
Speaker 1: But like three four million followers or whatever. And so that's why I didn't really think anything of it. I was like, well, he use a Gmail, but she said, I thought that was odd, but I know some people do anyway. That is the super scam is that they get you to basically log them in behind the scenes on whatever, Facebook, YouTube or whatever. They take it over and steal it from you, and they hoped the dangle that will pay you. Obviously they're not paying you. That as like, you know, to lower your defenses of like, oh, I can't wait to do this thing because some poor other guy he had like a million people following him on Facebook or whatever platform and they took it over.
Speaker 2: He never got it back.
Speaker 3: So just putting it out like I wonder if they and then they hold it for ransom or something like we'll give you back control.
Speaker 1: No, they just use it because they're like, you know, to push whatever their agenda is. You know, like because you on Facebook, you could change the name. So now you got a million people following whatever scam you're really you're really pushing, you know, I know, girl, literally so.
Speaker 3: Glad that you I'm glad that you trusted your spidey sense.
Speaker 2: Girl, after almost being tricked like five times. It only took.
Speaker 3: We said you were having, you had a couple of senior moments.
Speaker 2: Let's try to borrow.
Speaker 3: But what if I give you my address? Nobody's come here? I know, I know what was looking at me like look at hah, look a look at look at this?
Speaker 2: Come look on, we're here. And I get to keep my Facebook account, So.
Speaker 3: I will say, if you are, if you use any platform like that, what I And it makes sense to me that kind of scam. I didn't know. It was like I hadn't heard of the podcast angle. But I will get occasionally solicited on IG behind the scenes like and this, and these accounts will have hundreds of thousands of followers, and I think in this day and age, a lot of people do judge credibility based on how many followers you have. It's like the herd mentality classic, Oh, they have one hundred thousand followers, they must be legit. But that's so not the case because a lot of it can be like bots, and you know they can they can work the system. But anyhow they'll reach out and they'll say we've gotten our clients, you know, or I'm reaching out. I represent clients who've been on the Good Morning America E News TMZ, like these big brands or whatever, and they want you to have a business call with them, and it's basically like you pay them to place you at these places. And for me, like maybe there are it's one of those things. Maybe it's like a teeny bit legitimate, like maybe I would never pay anyone for media placements. It's too hard to guarantee that, Tracy Nose, Like anyone who works in media knows you can't. You can't. You can pay a publicist or pay whoever, but guaranteeing a spot like that's some bs. So for any like if you have a business or you're wanting to promote something, please don't Like I would just say, be really cautious before you pay someone who's promising you that you're going to get placed somewhere like viewed somewhere, get some kind of gig, because I thought that's just money down the garbage.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, you're right, because you can be a publicist. You're paying them to pitch you and to connect you. And basically it's fingers crossed and the men of the publicist is the better relationships too hard you have they have, the more likely it is to get a yes. But there's still no there's still no guarantee. So someone to say they're guaranteed. I've seen that a lot, like, oh, if you know, I guarantee I can get you on Good morn in America.
Speaker 2: I've seen people.
Speaker 1: Actually say in Tracy Space, my publicists, they'll say, like, you know, ten thousand dollars to get you on Good Morning America, fifteen thousand the guy, you know, it's so susy, sus sus and so just like you know, and you know, like I said, a lot of these podcasts, the first one was like out of the country, so I thought maybe I'm Australia.
Speaker 2: That's what they do, you know.
Speaker 1: And also too, to your point, Mandy, that person that was reaching out to you from one hundred thousand followers that might have been a stolen page that they're now reaching out see.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, see go listen. You just can't trust anybody anymore. And now with AI girls.
Speaker 1: Are these curls.
Speaker 3: Get close so I can see these curls and if they really dig in, they'd be like, hey, it's Easter. Ray Mandy, I've been watching. I just I wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm gonna go on GMA, you can come with me. I'm like, Esa, I'll give you money. Wow, the internet is scourry. While I was in Georgia, though, my little news tidbit so, while I was in Georgia doing a six hour lego project with he who must not be.
Speaker 2: Named over there here's being.
Speaker 3: Very good by the way, While I was spending six hours building that thing, my dad was next door in his room. He's taken over the ground floor of my or the basement of the bachelor pad the mayon cave of my brother's house, and he was next door watching like Channel five Action News, which I actually love to watch when I'm in Georgia just to have it on the background. It just brings back memories. And he's like, hey, mane, come come, come check this out. And I'm like, when was the last time my dad was like, come watch something on the TV. And usually I would be like, no, I'm not getting out. Was not going to be worth it. I probably would have missed it by the time I get to your room, because that's how TV were anyway. But they were talking about four one case and he was like, because you know I got my dad first four or one k not long ago, and he's really proud of it. And he's, Eh, the stock market's up, he said, the Dow's going up, down's going up. What does that mean. I was like, yeah, that means that investments are going up. So it's a good thing that you're invested. And he's like, now what do I do. I'm like, not a darn thing, go back and mind your business and there's nothing to do Congress, But I did. I did log onto his endvine and it was nice because I don't know, it hasn't been so rough this year, at least not for my accounts, but I think I saw like twelve and fourteen percent they were up, which is definitely above average. So hey, this is one of those times where you can pat yourself on the back for just putting money in and forgetting about it and then just keep doing that, unless, of course, you're Tiffany and you're gonna get all the edge in vacation. You know on how to invest, and you're going to level it up the rest of us, and we're just skating by. We don't have to do anything. Set and forget it. Heybe a fan. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back. Do you want to talk about your little investing, your little yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no. I mentioned last week.
Speaker 1: I think I messed in last week that I you know, I asked Terry she was on our show, but I asked her specifically Terry Ijama to teach me, like if she would coach me, like how much would it be to work with her? Because honestly, I don't have like four investment accounts or broker's accounts, and I'm just and certainly I invest with my you know, I have find my financial advisor, who you know, I love.
Speaker 2: But my concern is I don't like not really.
Speaker 1: Being able to fully understand what's all going on, you know what I mean, And so not that.
Speaker 2: I know anything, obviously I do, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I My desired outcome at the end of the day is when I'm no longer like the budget needs to I want to be able to make money other ways. And certainly you can invest in real estate, but it's not passive at all, you know, Like real estate is pretty a hard heavy lift and business is for sure not passive, you know, which I'm enjoying now. But what happens when I don't, and I really want to all my kind of like in the market girlies, does it take work, but you can kind of be in and then not be in as you kind of wanted to. Oh, you can set some of your investments to be more passive mutual. Don got to put on eye makeup, yes, And so I kind of wanted that. I want that as an option. So I already have some real estate, you know, I have business, and I am in the market, but it's kind of like I've given that responsibility over to my financial advisor, and I wanted to have an even more intelligent conversation with her when it comes to, you know, mark investing in the market. So anyway, I asked Terry Ejama if she could coach me because one, I like the fact that once she went to MIT, she's a smarty yardy. And two I like the fact that I'm an educator. Yeah I know, right.
Speaker 2: I was like, isn't that what the astronauts.
Speaker 3: Engineers? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, So I was like, oh, he's fine.
Speaker 1: And then too, I like the fact that she's an educator. She's vice principal for like ten years years. I was like, cause you know me, I'm always looking for a good What is this terry you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know she must have mentioned that on the show, but I don't forgot.
Speaker 2: I know, I didn't. Yeah, I was like wow.
Speaker 1: And then I like the fact that she's already over thirty five thousand students, many of which have been able to make a thousand dollars in a day, not every single day, but in a day from scratt you know, from like not having to not having to know how to do anything. And and so she said, yeah, of course, Tiffany, you know, I'll coach you. And then she mentioned that she had this five day challenge and it's super beginner, you know, like if you're out here buying and selling, it ain't you. And day one is all about the stock market learning, like like what is the daw?
Speaker 2: What is sep five hundred? What is all that?
Speaker 1: Day two all about ETFs because this is the way you can invest without having to learn how to reach charts and ATF is like a bucket, you know, of investments that can be traded or bought and sold like a stock. Right, that's day two. So day one and day two are all about knowledge. What I really like the three last three days are all about taking action. Day three is all about how do you open up your first brokera's account or a brokera's account, like what to look for and we get to open it together. Like I said, I have four because that's when I heard of one, I'd be like open, open, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't do anything with them.
Speaker 1: Day four is buying your first stock, so like I've bought stock before, I've used like Robinhoods and stuff. But for those of you who haven't, you get to actually do the mechanic of buying it. And if you don't have enough money to buy, that's okay because there's a simulator so you can use paper money. And day five is selling that stock, so you really get like in these five days. It's really for beginners who are like, okay, I now have the mechanics and later on throughout the year, you know, Terry's gonna have other things that I plan on partner with her with. But this is a great five day like a course. Now it's not free. You know, when I do a challenge, my stuff be free. But it's not free because Terry has a different business. Okay, it is ninety seven dollars. You know to something to consider for five Yeah, so it's five days. It's ninety seven dollars. And so if you think that, you know, like you're interested, and I know there's like a VIP upgrade, and I think I want to say, you get like a six day and you get like cause I'm flying to South Carolina to teach, like she has like some guest coming, so I am like doing like mindset about money or whatever. I'm not teaching investing obviously, so I think there's like other like bonuses that you get when you upgrade.
Speaker 2: But it's something for me.
Speaker 1: I told myself like, and my team has decided, like my sisters were all kind of doing it together, like is this something I'm even interested in? Ninety seven dollars? Is I know it's a lot of money for some, but for many it's not a good way to see is this something I'm even interested in? It's live, which I do like, so it forces you to take it. Now, it's April fifteen to the nineteenth, eight pm to ten pm Eastern Standard time, so you want to make sure that you're available.
Speaker 3: Like a five day in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five days in a row.
Speaker 1: And then you might say you know, you might do it and be like, eh, you know what, I'm not ready for the market, or you might be like, okay, now I've got the fundamentals and the mechanics under what's next and so yeah, so it's Trade and Travel dot Com, but I partner with Terry, so you add slash the Bunjonessa. So Trade and Travel dot Com slash the Buganisa and the people who use my link, I have like a bunch of like freebies and goodies that I'm adding to those people because I want to.
Speaker 2: I really want to.
Speaker 1: I want like low key, I would love to create like an investment club myself. Not an investment club where I tell you what to invest an investment club were, but literally it's like an accountability partnership.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, you're like.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like literally, that's honestly, That's what I'm like. I'm doing this because I want to. Because there's one thing to have a teacher, but Terry's not gonna be able to teach me all the time. I want to be able to be in this club and say do they make get that understanding? And so one of the bonuses is that like if you use my link, is that like I'm forming like a just a temporary club to see if even I'm interested in that, because I really want to have a group of women in particular.
Speaker 2: I mean men can join too, but you know I did.
Speaker 3: It sounds a little stressful though, because my I I mean having a club having you know, because I just watched that movie on the plane, Dumb Money. I mean I read it mostly because I forgot my headphones. They didn't fit the jack thank you Apple. So I read the subtitles of Dumb Money the movie.
Speaker 1: It's okay, No, is that no forar news to rob me. No, it's not dumb Never I'm thinking about the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, dumb America ferra.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yes, yeah. So anyway, this movie came It was kind of sucked because it came out during the writer's strike, so none of the actors really could promote it or whatever and the actors strike. But anyway, it's a good movie. It's it's basically it's all about the game stop, game stop, stuck run up like where the redditors. It's like it started on this subreddit. I forget what it was called. I think it's literally like it was either a game stop subreddit or at least a investing subreddit, and you know Reddit has all these like teen like all these you know subs and a million different niches you can join. And they, yeah, a bunch of like regular people shorted or went and bought game Stop stock. I'm trying not to have confuse thos. And because they bought so much, it drove the stock price up. But then so many hedge funds had shorted the stock, which basically means they were going to lose money. They bet that it was going to go down by betting against it. When game Stop started to go, they were just losing billions of dollars and they had to get bailed out, and it was very David and Goliath and David got screwed and all that, because you know they were all like hold, hold, hold, like they were trying to really hold the line anyway. So that's where my head kind of went. I'm like, you know, it's it's good to have. I love the accountability and like having other voices. I get nervous because of our human inclination to sort of like follow the pack. Yeah, and sometimes that works out. Yeah, but then I think the education piece has to be there too, because at the end of the day, you got to know when it's like that's good for you. Yeah, I'm going to do this.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think having like because all y'all, one of my things, I feel like one of the I don't want to say claim to fans is but one of the things I pride myself on is being honest when I'm like, I don't know that like even a gig of money, Like you know, the chapters that are not my expertise, I'm like, so this is not my expertise, but guess what I brought in a booster the estate planning. This is my attorney, the insurance, this is my financial advisor, this is the you know, like they like in the investment chapter, I brought in like two people who want the Courtney who talked about investing for wealth and Kevin, who talked about investing for retirement.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So one of I think, to me, a really good teacher is not here to know everything but to help me make connections. And that's that's not the space that I'm leaning into because I really believe that in through community, that is the way that we're all going to be okay. And you know, like, if I could figure it out on my own, I'm sure I could, but I don't want to. So I'm like, I am going to vet and suss out the best educators I can find. But then ultimately, it's really the community that you really do the work with on a day to day basis, And so I'm trying to build some accountability for myself.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's going to look like. Don't hold me to a child.
Speaker 1: I might get tired, but at least for now, this is a great little jump start five days. We might say I hate it, and you I say I love it, and then I get to see, you know what, that actually was kind of fun. Let's do this community together and I will bring the experts in here, Like I don't really know what how to do options, and I don't I think, really you should wait and really learn how to do basic investing first. But these are the types of things that there might be an interest. And one thing I am good at is I have access to some of the best of the best of the best.
Speaker 2: And I can reach out. So yeah, So if you're wanting to join Trade and Travel dot Com, Slo's gonna join.
Speaker 3: Anyone's club.
Speaker 1: It would be yourself, you know, because like I mean, like I said, I am a student as well, and so when I'm vetting for this in particular, that I'm vetting for myself too. And we'll put the link in the show notes. But yeah, I mean, like I said, it's five days. If we hated, then you know, we find something else. But I'm just determined to do something beyond making money in this one way. There has to be ways that I can make money when I don't want to be for basic what does that look like?
Speaker 3: So well, you mentioned real estate like ten minutes ago, but I'm going to try to use it as a segue anyway, because one thing that we've we've totally forgot to talk about, which has only been a few days in the news, but just big news for anyone who's planning to sell a home and kind of like oop, sorry to anyone who recently sold a home. But the National Association of Realtors, which is like one of the largest, maybe the largest trade association in the entire country. They're just massive and they have so much power, but they have they were sued by I think it was a collective of homeowners. I think it was a class action, I forget, but anyway, they had to settle because they were sued over the realtor fee, that six percent commission that you know now that I'm now that the settlements come through, that they've they've that six percent commission, the automatic commission that you would pay your realtor for selling your home is gone. Like they are not allowed to make it standard anymore. And apparently now you're able to negotiate with your realtor like okay, they may say, okay, well standard, you know, we charge a commission of six percent. Well, now this means you can find a realtor who charges four percent or five percent or two percent and be like, well, you know Jenny down, you know down at Century whatever, she's only charging me two and a half percent commission. So and use that as leverage and more bargaining power to negotiate down that real estate or sorry, the realtor fee of six percent, because I mean, I think the average home price now is over two hundred thousand dollars, So it's not a little bit of money that you're paying to have someone sell your put your home on the market or whatever for you. And so it's a huge huge deal and potentially a huge savings I.
Speaker 2: Know, so then like, is it gonna be worth it to be a real.
Speaker 3: Start these days?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: See that's the thing. I mean, I still think it will. I think what it does is because it doesn't eliminate the ability to charge it, it just stops people from like making it just yeah, from having an automatic like you know. And I hope they come for car rental agencies next, because when I tell you, they will smile at you. It's just like when when I'm going to make another Game of Thrones reference because I don't know why, but anyway, Tiffany just like glaze over and just let it happen. When Danny at the end of Game of Thrones gets like shanked of spoiler alert whatever it's been years, gets shanked while the love of her life is kissing her. That's what it's like to rent a car in America. It's like, oh, you know, especially in Atlanta where they got the Riz, they got that Southern Riz and they're like oh yeah, baby, like yeah, oh this is your son, Oh how cute? Yeah, and you visit and oh that's nice. Well just you know, just I'm ride here and I'm looking at the thing, and I'm like, the rental that I prepaid for was two hundred and eighty dollars for a five day car rental. And I'm like, damn man, ma'am. And she still smiled as we handed me a glass of sweet tea at the same time. Might as well be. I'm like, why does the total say five hundred dollars. She's like, oh, oh, well, you know, that's just the liability insurance. And I was like, yeah, but I answered that question. I said, I declined the insurance because my credit card covers it. Yes, oh yeah, well well some cards, some cards don't really cover this kind of insurance. I forget which kind it was, so you know, that's what's added there. And I'm like, I was so ready to get out of there, but I was so mad because she didn't ask me about that type of insurance and it was just added on. And I'm like the bill, like, no, take that off, and like to the point where she had to go back in the system printed me a whole new receipt.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Yes, anyway, car mental agencies we have to get, y'all.
Speaker 1: We have to because your point many That's why I pay online to your point, So I could do that because you know, when you're there, it could be very easy to get.
Speaker 3: They're so good at it. It's such a betrayal, Like they really make you, you know, they're so friendly and they are getting and I don't know exactly how they get paid to sell you that extra insurance, but I have to believe they get some kind of commission or at least they get, you know, some kind of perks or benefit by being the big salesperson who can sell you the insurance. But yeah, that is such Oh it's so infuriating anyway. But realtors is the same way, but it's I don't know, it's in another high stress transaction. Nothing is more high stress than buying a home or selling a home. And like it's like, oh, yeah, just six percent, and at that point they're just hoping that, like, you know, all the money is so much money, what's an extra six percent going to be? But I'm yeah, definitely add the real turfy to the list of things that you can negotiate. There's a bunch of different things that you can negotiate on a home purchase, not just the you know, the cost of the home itself, but the fact that real turfees are getting added to the mix. Now, good real time realtors who I mean, it does take some skill to put a home on the market. And maybe they can, maybe they can show you that they deserve the six percent because of XYZ. But to have like a realtor who's really brilliant at their job get paid the same six percent as a realtor who's really phoning it in. And I think a lot of people have felt that like their realtor is not really the bringing it for them. Now you can say, okay, well I'm going to take you know, this fee is not automatic, like you got to work for it and show me that you're you know, doing something for me. And again also you can just say, all right, well this realtor is offering me four percent, I don't want to pay six What can you do and see if they can lower it for you.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Also, they owe like a jillion dollars now and I think, let me read this really fast and I'll post this link in the show notes. Yeah, they've agreed to pay four hundred and eighteen million dollars over the next four years and their rest after lawyers get their pay because you know they the rest will go to people who sold their homes. Oh okay, so if you sold your home in recent years and paid what has been called inflated real estate commissions, the rest will go on to those people. So if you want to find out if you're entitled to compensation, check the lawyer's website. It's real Estate Commission Litigation dot com. Real Estate Commission Litigation dot com. And especially that I'm assuming this this could apply to everyone. A lot of people sold during the pandemic, you know. So yeah, I would definitely run to that link and you can definitely post that in the show notes for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I thought, you know, as you said, if you or someone has been affected by misotheli methoth, what misl like as bests?
Speaker 3: Right, the commercials I remember after watching the Prices right in the middle of the day. Yeah, Like watch cable news on TV these days. It's so funny because I'm like, I'm getting a picture of who does watch it. It's like a lot of varicose vein, you know, bunyan commercials, like diabetes commercials.
Speaker 1: It's very remember that always to be the old white dude that was like, do you have diabetes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How did he die? He was in the news recent I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I remember hit like that. He had like glasses and a mustache. He was I think he was part of like some.
Speaker 2: TV show, you know.
Speaker 1: But I just remember him saying, do you have diabetes? No, they got the sugar, the sugar I got that baby got the sugar I got.
Speaker 5: And now it's time to boost up, break up, boost up, break up? Boost You gonna boost, you gonna break, what you're gonna do, what you gonna take?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Manja are you gonna booze? Oh? He being the book?
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed. Oh I wish I know he can he And there we go. Are we gonna break?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna break? Before? He's about to turn up? Turn up Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Heard me sing a little bit. Yeah we have been dang, but forty two minutes is really good, buddy, It is really good. Say hi to mommy's work friend, miss tipical work friend.
Speaker 2: Don't do me like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what how I do. Ascribe you to a four year old I colleague, me to Auntie Tiffy, I don't care about that lady. I know, want I want to talk. That's the launcher you were talking about. That's awesome, Sweetie. Can you say hi to Auntie Tiffy?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Because Hi Hi, Rio say Hi?
Speaker 3: You break with that you're on the podcast.
Speaker 2: He can't hear you, Hi, real.
Speaker 3: He can't hear you, but she says, ha ha. All right, now, can you go back to your couch and be quiet like I said, yes, ma'am what I'm hearing, Yes, ma'am. Where's your words? Yes, ma'am. Eh, I don't want to see yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: To be a far of your friend.
Speaker 3: Show them what a great mama. All right. Anyway, Yeah, we're doing good, and we're doing good. That is not that. That's not the tablet, a tablet or a book. It is my phone on YouTube. Kids, That is what that is.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what's speaking of which I think I'll go first. I'm gonna do a little break.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yes, it's a little shady break since we're talking simply since we're introducing baby so and y'all know I've got two DCEs Lily and a million so Malia, my niece that lives the closest her birthday's coming up.
Speaker 3: She's turning seven. I can't.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Hello Kitty is the thing now, I'm like, but you said it's a girl. We're off that Hello Kitty Kitty, I know, So of course I have to get an all kind of Hello Katy Shenanigans plushy and notebook and stickers and YadA YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So an if you are child psychologists, as riddle me this. So Amelia had. This is like her second or third spring concert that we've gone to, and she specifically said, Mommy, I want my aunties to come. Auntie Otto, which is me Adoci and Auntie chi Chie, which is Tracy. I want my aunties to come, Mommy.
Speaker 2: Are they coming? Are they coming out? Becoming? Big thing? You did? If you didn't come that it's a big deal. Later, I want you to come. Why where I went?
Speaker 1: I said, okay, okay. So we go to the spring concert. They do a great job. Her school is like eighty percent maybe even eighty five percent Latina Latino because we're in the north ward of Newark, which is very Hispanic.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of like.
Speaker 3: Which is so cute, really out there.
Speaker 2: The one little brown chocolate Chip with her friends, her moroccas whatever.
Speaker 3: Hey, she's getting cultured already. She love first of all her accent.
Speaker 2: What was she says? Man, it's worth. I'm like, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: She is like her because she her pronunciation is profecto okay, So anyway, I love her.
Speaker 2: Her best friend of Lina's, this little Domdican girl.
Speaker 1: Everything is great afterward, you know, like we all rush to the back because we all want to see the babies as they come out, and you know, be like, oh I saw you, so they can see you, because when you're on stage, I can't see you. So for the second or third unirow, Amelia comes out and I said, meanie. She looked at me with horror in her face, like who was this stranger?
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: She literally took her friend and put her friend in front of her said stand here. I saw her, mad I have it on video, I said, mayn Was she embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Of you?
Speaker 5: Mandy?
Speaker 1: I said, Amelia, then you know, get you taper off, because now I've got ten six year old looking at you like, oh child.
Speaker 3: What are you just too much? She was you were too much? Do you bring out too much energy, weren't cool.
Speaker 1: One of her friends, who took pity on me, said, Amelia, he's just call you. She looked at her friend like.
Speaker 2: Like her friend Lily was like a Millia. Would you do that to that lady some.
Speaker 1: Because me while these other kids they giving selfies with their parents, hugs and kisses all the stuff, and me, I'm just standing like I do know her?
Speaker 3: I promise, oh my saidness.
Speaker 1: So then later her mother asked her and said, Ami, because Amelia is a boundary setting queen Amelia. It is who we would all be if we did not if we didn't grow up with trauma. So Amelia, she said, Amelia, when we come, how come you after you don't know?
Speaker 2: She said, I didn't see you.
Speaker 3: She said that's not true.
Speaker 2: You did see it.
Speaker 1: And then Amelia said, well, I don't want to talk about it. She said, oh, well why not? Mommy, I said, I don't want to talk about it. And if we're going to talk about it, I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna leave the room. I said, So this is what happens when kids don't get beaten's.
Speaker 3: That was the number of times that I've said the exact same thing of my dad. I'm like, oh, don't judge my parenting. You had it easy. You could go grab a belt and all your problem.
Speaker 2: Girl fixed all this.
Speaker 1: So like, so my my friend Linda, who's a counselor, said that you want to get I said, well, did were we supposed to do? An instant because old school says child having that child up and saying who the hew you talking to? And then new school parents says that you let them have boundaries, and she said you do. Here is kind of like how you navigate that. You allow her to say I don't want to talk about it in the moment, and then you say, understood, but tomorrow at three pm, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So you reassert yourself as a parent, like we don't have to talk about it in this moment because you're feeling whatever, But tomorrow or tonight at six pm after dinner, we're talking about it. Then you can literally say, like Alexa, please set an alarm for six pm to talk to Amelia about it. So that way it's like, no, no, we're talking about it, but I'm going to give you some agency that maybe in this moment you don't want to and I said okay, I like that. So then later when she came to the house, I was like, Amelia, I asked her that. I said, why you know, did you see me?
Speaker 2: At first? She said no. I said, well, remember was supposed to be truthful.
Speaker 1: She said, okay, I saw you. I said, why didn't you say hi back? Do you do you not want me to come? She said I did want you to come? And I said did you not want me to say hi? She was like, yes, I did not want you to say hi. I said, are you embarrassed?
Speaker 3: She nodded.
Speaker 1: Now to do with that?
Speaker 3: Embarrassed? What though that there's just someone really excited to see her?
Speaker 1: I guess so because you know I'm with I'm the auntie with the pictures in the video.
Speaker 3: And are we all doing that? I mean she's only six, No, Mammy is still working.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't care nothing about your job, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So basically she admitted that, like I do want you to come, I just don't want.
Speaker 2: You to speak to me. So I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: I was like, I mean, yeah, I don't either, although when I did whatever not at the Grammys, when like she was two or three or I don't know how she was, but she's like, and Jay and b are just politely clapping, not even over the top, and she's like, it's enough, just calm down down. I think there is that, Like I do think a lot of kids are like that. And I get that from Rio sometimes too. When I'm really excited or I'm doing a fun dance, I'm singing really loud. It's like mom stopping. I don't know what that is, but it sounds normal to me. So, hey, I guess girl.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, maybe you don't want me to come? She says, no, no, I want you to come. I'm like, you just don't want you want me to come?
Speaker 3: And be silent? See how she feels when you don't do anything. Just give her the stomach, Yeah, give her this.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna be like, I'm gonna look at her, maybe wave and just be like maybe not even just like make sure she sees me, she knows that I came, and just be quiet and then maybe yeah. So there's my brown break break from Shady Babies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, what's the title of that one? Shady Shady Baby break? Man? I'm gonna do a break too. Mine's a little bit well, it's just different, but I want to do a break. I don't know what that, like the overarching theme is gonna be, but I two things happened this week. One this article came out on Essence that people are all talking about, and say what you will about the quality of the article. I used to be a business journalist and I would write stories like this. You know, you write like an opinion article like that. I understand what it takes to like write this kind of piece, and you know, you do it a little bit because you know it's going to be a conversation starter. And sometimes you know, I wouldn't necessarily do this, but I do feel like the headline and the style of the article is meant to incite a reaction, you know what I mean. So this article, if you haven't read it yet, it's on Essence dot com by Jasmine Browley. It says it's time to admit that being liked is more important than being good at your job. With a picture of Amanda Seals, who's been a guest on Brown Ambition. Remember we had Amanda Seels on the show.
Speaker 2: I know that was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: I mean, it still is. And I remember I remember I don't know if I was talking. Maybe I said it live with her or with you at least. But I'm like, why do I feel like I'm not supposed to like Amanda Seals? Like the Internet seems to make me feel like she's done something crazy and wrong, and really there hasn't been like one thing Amanda Seeals has done. She's just very like, she's extremely opinionated, she's extremely brilliant and smart, and you know, she's the kind of person who will call out shenanigans when she sees shenanigans. And I'm saying that because the homeboys behind me, you know, and I completely you know, it's that whole quote like well behaved women rarely make history whatever. Like she she cares deeply. I think about the issues that she speaks about, and she's not one of those people who will thrive in a corporate setting at all, because you have to have a level of like and to be in a corporate setting, It's true, like you do have to be personable or at least like be the kind of person other people want to work with. That's just what it's like. Like a not a rotten egg, but like a person in a company or a person on a team who is agitating and looking for you know, looking to question everything and all that. It disrupts the flow that the nine to five lusious clock in and clock out kind of mentality that a lot of corporate jobs have. It doesn't mean that I don't feel like, you know, someone like Amanda. It's not a bad thing. I also include myself. I found out that I'm not a corporate girly either after a while, because I just get tired of faking and like going with the flow so much. But the fact that the article like used her picture and you know, it was a really kind of a weak article, just a weak opinion on how you know, in careers you do need to be liked and how your talent is not the only thing that matters. And at the end of it, I'm just kind of like you're using Amanda Seals as an example here, and I think again it's to get clicks, because people do feel some kind of way about a lot of what she has to say. But at the end of the article, it's sort of just like left it at Yeah, I can see why people don't like her, and it's something we all should think about. And like, if if I were a young black woman in corporate and you know, in the working world, and I read this article, I think the takeaway would be nothing. The takeaway would be have opinions and be bold and don't be surprised when people don't want to work with you. Don't be surprised if you lose opportunities. Where had I been writing it? And this is one of the reasons why I'm working on my book so I can put my voice out there on this. I would embrace the idea of collab like needing to be a good collaborator when you're in your career and let yourself free, like let yourself be free to a certain extent from everybody liking you. But if you want to be effective and make the impact that you want to have, your attitude, your personality, your approach to the work can hinder you if you're not going to take into consideration the people around you and their thoughts and feelings. And that's just like part of being a person in the world and trying to work with others' that's the reality. I don't think that this necessarily speaks ill of or you know, should make us look sideways at, you know, just people in corporate and choosing to work with their friends and all that. Like, at the end of the day, you want to work alongside somebody who is going to make you feel decent most of the time. That article came out and the second thing that happened is my girl who I will continue defending until the day I die, Jennifer Lopez j Lo, Jenny from the book. He's getting so much hate right now, talk about someone who does everything and to be liked and still y'all come for her like that. It really is, like it shows the other side of this whole Amanda Seals thing. Amanda Seals has all these opinions as very provocative. You know, doesn't put on a face for you. She's like putting on you know, just telling it real, real, and you know. And then you have j Loo, who is nothing but the image and the brand and the polish and the glow and all of those things. Perfection, perfection, perfection. They cannot stand her right now. So she came out, Jlo came out for while, she went and got back together with Ben Affleck. Right then she did this she has a new album out I forget what it's called, but she did a documentary on Amazon. Well, first she financed her own documentary. She spent like thirty million of her own dollars to create this music video movie. It's like a film, she says, a visual album for all of her songs on the album. And then also did a documentary about the making of that album, which is a model that plenty of pop stars have done. Do the album, make it, and then do a documentary about the behind the scenes. And I thought she was so brave, like say what you will. The music is the album. My favorite Jlo album, no is the you know? Was the movie like a like're gonna win an Oscar? Like I don't know. It was something to watch, you know what I mean, Hi buddy. But I feel like now people are coming for her, saying that she's trying too hard to be Jimmy from the Block. There's this clip in the documentary where she's like got her her real hair out. I honestly thought she was real. She was way more raw and authentic than she needed to be in the documentary, Like she took her extensions out and she's like, when I wear my hair like this. It just makes me feel like little Jenny running up and down the block. And there's this TikToker who's like, hey, Jenny up the block wants you to go away. The block has sent you a season desist. Stop claiming the block. Stop. You know, they were saying, like, you're a multi millionaire, go back to Beverly Hills, like you haven't lived in there? She really did, Yeah, Like the woman is from the Bronx like and it's a part of her identity. And it just makes me feel like, and you don't get to be Jennifer f and Lopez by caring what people have to say about you. Because they have been coming for her since day one and they still are talking about Ashanti. Ashanti's fine okay, and she got paid for the work that she did, right, How she can't sing and how because she doesn't sing the way that they want, they think that she should be singing, that she doesn't deserve to have a voice or to use it or to make music. And I just want to say, for the record, I love a woman who continues to make art because she can and use her voice because she can, and she has something to say. And I think that takes so much guts and so it's used to be so brave and so strong to know that you're going to get this kind of reaction and then just to do your art and make your art anyway, like I will, I will, I will die on this hill. I love Jennifer Lopez. I love Jenny from the Black, and I just think she deserves so much better. And I'm sick of the internet culture being like, oh, Brittany, We're so sorry. We shouldn't have been so hard on you. Oh Monica Lewinsky, we really messed up, didn't we owe Anita Hill? Like after you destroy somebody, Yeah, I need a hill, Like we should have believed you from the beginning. Me too, meet you, blah blah blah blah blah. But then we repeat the same cycle. We're just going to abuse a mother, a woman, you know, someone's daughter. We're just going to abuse her for trying to make art and put some love and positivity into the world. Like come, we can't have it both ways. I just want to see her be embraced. And you can say what you want about the art and whether or not it's your kind of art and whatever, but I would like a huge brown break from women being loved one minute and then abuse the next because of the art. What's happening. The show's over. We're freaking out now, buck, We're wrapping it up.
Speaker 2: We're wrapping it up. Yeah, no, I agree. I think you know, the Internet is not.
Speaker 1: A safe space for most people, and even if it is temporarily safe, it's not a safe space for long. And so as long as you know that, you know, like, it doesn't matter how beloved you are, I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, they will bring you to be it and may be.
Speaker 2: You know, they'd be dragoned for filth these days.
Speaker 1: So yeah, knowing that, that's why, honestly we should all take our social media breaks, because it can be all too.
Speaker 3: Much and they'll just keep and just keep your auntie Tiffany has a hard stop in sixty seconds, one second, Okay, we just say my last words, yes, ma'am. Anyway, just keep. If you're someone who's letting the opinions of others get to you, like, wait them out, like, keep doing your work. Years will go by, you will like it, just waited out. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. Just keep doing your art, keep making your keep making your voice heard. It doesn't matter if people want to hear it or not. Like Amanda Seals is never going to stop doing what she does, she shouldn't either. Keep making your art, keep saying what matters to you, and you will outlast the critics and the TikTok viral moments and all that. Bs.
Speaker 2: Yeah you love Uba. If you have not left us a review, what are you waiting for? You have one second, Mandy to like you can find a quick review.
Speaker 3: Oh what do I have one second? You tell me? Girl? Oh I got a second? Do you think I pulled them out of nowhere? I have to like go into this thing? What about you know?
Speaker 2: We read the reviews at the end. Gotta be ready.
Speaker 1: If you can leave us a review on Apple, Spotify, wherever you listen, reviews, help us get views, reviews leads the views. He found this episode interesting, fun, engaging, wonderful, tremendous.
Speaker 3: Tendous that your point send is your friend.
Speaker 1: A calligue, a bestie, a sister, a cousin, a mama.
Speaker 2: We'll try to reviieve. We'll do it next week.
Speaker 1: We'll try to read your review so you know that you know we're serious about our basis, but we do have a lot of really great reviews.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, okay.
Speaker 3: March twenty second, Dynamic Duo from German boxer. I love the energy and how financial topics are discussed in super simple ways. You go girls, and then essentially Mom says, I know you care about the girlies. Tiffany Fellow and future BA girlies listen to me. Sometimes information is helpful and useful, and sometimes knowing I'm not alone in my failures gives me encouragement to get back on the horse. So if you've made mistakes or want information about avoiding mistakes, give this podcast to listen. Mandy is vulnerable and sharing her challenges, but Tiffany drops ways for Mandy and us to walk through them. Good stuff here, period.
Speaker 1: That's really sweet, y'all, especially reading You know this is a Mandy question, Tiffy, you shout, She's.
Speaker 3: Trying to make sure she routes it to the right operator. Okay, press two for career questions.
Speaker 1: No, that's funny though, I don't mind that, all right, So listen to us on Friday. Well, as you know now, we do throwback like Mondays, So Monday, Wednesday, Friday you get BA three times a week.
Speaker 2: How lucky are you?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right until next week, well not next week until Friday, y'all.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,