Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR pre Show. It's Tuesday, May sixth I am Shannon the Dude, being joined by a Billy Rutledge, and you can give us a call in the Clark's Puppets Shop phone line eight five nine two eight Oho twenty two eighty seven your Whiskey Thief Call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six. KSR Pre Show is being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. I'm here with Billy Rutledge, who likes to be invited to parties, but then in turn won't invite you to his party. Good morning, Billy, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Shannon, I am great. I knew we were going to start there.
Speaker 3: I thought it was either paperboy Billy to Lily Billy, or I don't invite people to my parties, Billy. So it's I'm doing great this morning. But you know, I had no planning on who I invited to my own surprise birthday party, so it wasn't me, Shannon.
Speaker 2: It is uh, you know, it is a different party. It is not me, So.
Speaker 1: You're you're basically throwing your fiance under the bus. Right, now live Rady, because she's the one who scheduled this, right, she's the one who put the surprise party together. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: I'm not throwing anybody under the bus. I'm just gonna say the party planning committee didn't invite the KSR members.
Speaker 1: Your fiance, which I just said, Well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I did some uh, you know, I did some looking around yesterday to try to figure out what the real story was. And you know, as always, it gets a little lost in translation, right, it gets telephone gamed into. You know, Billy doesn't like us, so that's why they weren't invited to the party.
Speaker 1: But that's the way I took it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Well, that was you know, that was Scottsdale Matt that was presenting the story. You know, after further review, it seems like the partying planning committee was a little bit too nervous.
Speaker 2: To ask the KSR guys to come to the party.
Speaker 1: Too nervous. What did she think we were gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yellow Well, I don't know if it's a he or a she in the on the party planning committee, but you know, it was just I think it was just they were worried about who was coming and inviting too many people and maybe got a little too nervous to ask Matt Jones if he wanted to come down to Louisville to go to a party. So I think it, like I said, it gets a little, uh, it gets a little warped into Billy doesn't like the KSR guys, and I should probably just say this right up front.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've.
Speaker 1: Said that you love us, not like as you love us.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, we've created a bond, Shannon, especially me and you man.
Speaker 2: I mean we're coming up on four years.
Speaker 3: Extra extra KSR pre show eight eight nine Early Today.
Speaker 1: Billy the newsboy with your newsboy hat at the derby. You should print off some print off some newspapers announcing the pre shows for your anniversary coming up.
Speaker 3: That's right, maybe I will, But no, I mean, I don't want to get it twisted.
Speaker 2: I love you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys are all invited to the wedding, so you'll be able to come to that if they side you want to make the trip, you know, like if you're gonna make the effort. But no, I mean, I you know, here's the thing, Shannon, I've always I have two siblings and I am the oldest, so I've never been the little brother. And I feel like you guys, you know, just in turn treat me like a little brother, and it took a little maybe a little while to earn a little respect.
Speaker 2: Would you agree or disagree with that?
Speaker 1: I think you're still earning it. Huh, you're still getting I haven't earned the Yeah. No, you're getting there. You're getting there. Though, a lot of people that were tweeting us yesterday saying that the KSR show from Scotts still Arizona with those guys there, and of course mere hearing Louisville was their favorite show of the year, just because you know, when you go on the road, you get a lot of stories out of it. And I think Drew pointed out the fact that, you know, it's not just us showing up together and doing the show with no show prep. When you're hanging out with somebody for a week, natural naturally you get stories from the road, and those are always, I think some of a listener's favorite shows because you get to hear those behind the scenes stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it also helps when Matt's doing impressions right like he was.
Speaker 2: He was hitting all the bases.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Mario's having to fight through Cincinnati airport traffic with the real IDs laws about to go into place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got something on that later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you know what.
Speaker 3: The Sunday after the Kentucky Derby, I can only imagine airports in this region are just packed. So thinking about Mario going through airport security and the guys having a good time getting ready to go to the gala and playing fancy golf courses, a trip that they did not invite me on as well, Shandon not bitter at all.
Speaker 2: We're all we love these guys. We're all happy still. But no, that was a very good show yesterday.
Speaker 1: It looks like the guys fit in just well. I'm looking at Matt's Twitter account right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There were some people that were wearing crazy like money suits. There's one guy with like a bucket hat on. He's got a like a money suit where it's all bills on his suit. Another guy's got it looks like a silk green suit. I'm looking at one guy's Jerry. One guy's got a cowboy had on sunglasses and a vest, so it sounds like, you know, you can wear whatever you want it. Mett went with the black suede. They may have been well, from what I'm seeing here, it looks like maybe the best dress there at the party, which they didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, please, Shannon, and we're pumping a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: It looks no. I mean, I'm just looking at the pictures. You're telling me that the black swaede suit doesn't look better than a guy in a green silk suit.
Speaker 3: Well, the green silk suit guy Jerry. I mean all the gy rating he's doing in some of the videos.
Speaker 1: I don't know who Jerry is. Who's Jerry? I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 2: I think it's Jerry O'Connell.
Speaker 3: I think he's in a bunch of movies, and he's befriended the part of my take guys, so he's become a regular figure on barstool content and things like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see Portnoy's suit. Okay, Portnoy looks better than Matt. I'll give you that. But the rest of the guys look like they're like characters in some wacky eighties movie or something. That's why I'm saying Matt's dress better than that, because sometimes when you have people that dress as gaudy as these people are at this party, you can just wear the most basic thing and be the most best dressed person there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially at an event where I think most people attending didn't know what it was about and what they were doing. Right, it was what they do. There's like two basketball games on. Maybe we'll just kind of out around and watch that. But it didn't seem strange. Drew was looking good as well my guy Mario. See here's the problem, Shannon. People were making fun of the newspaper boy hat and everything. Half of the problem was I was standing next to Mario and Mario is just the flyest one of the group. I mean some of the blazers that he's he maybe look bad. Some of the blazers he's been sporting this past week have been spot on, and our guy Mario was looking great yet again last night.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can support the all like U of L look with the red and black. I mean, come on, Mario, I mean we're talking red and black?
Speaker 2: Is that immediately what you think?
Speaker 1: A little red? And don't all of our fans and listeners think.
Speaker 2: That I try not to think about him orrrelevant.
Speaker 1: Or maybe a think about you know, Cincinnati read who got one hit last night by the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you wasn't hit.
Speaker 1: You didn't think I was going to go through an entire first segment and not even mentioned the Braves.
Speaker 3: We made it seven minutes after you guys finally got a win.
Speaker 2: I mean, what does that put you in? Like second to last division?
Speaker 1: Now I think they're maybe third place. Now they're climbing up there. They're close close to five hundred. I wanted to ask you about this though. Did you watch any of the game.
Speaker 2: None of the baseball game. I watched both NBA games.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the Braves pitcher had Braves pitcher had a no hitter through like seven and two thirds, finally gave up a base hit up the middle. So the Braves win four to one. Hitter for the Braves. But there was a play where Matt Olsen for Atlanta hits one down the left field line, and I think it's Tyler Callahan. I think that's his name. The left fielder for the Reds hits the wall, goes down balls laying on the ground, he's laying on the ground, matt Olsen just continues to run the bases and gets an inside the park home run. I saw a lot of fans, and of course they're all Reds fans whining about the fact that Matt Olson continued to run the bases while the Reds left fielder was laying there in pain. And I say, that is one hundred percent completely fair. It's within the rules billion. It happens all the time in other sports. How many times have you a football play where a guy goes down with an injury. The guy with the ball doesn't stop running because the guy that was defending him went down with an injury. You run it into the end zone, do you not? What's the difference between a guy running the bases while the left field is down with an injury. It's the same thing happens in basketball too.
Speaker 3: No, it's completely fair, and you hate to see it in football when a ball carrier has a serious injury and their hands go straight to the knee or the leg wherever the injury is, they completely forget about the ball.
Speaker 2: Shannon, that ball is still live.
Speaker 3: You know, the play is still going to go on, So you know, I guess the difference between baseball and football and a sport like basketball is that you know, in basketball, there's a lot of continuation, right, I mean, there is a lot of time where you will continue to play when somebody is hurt and they will stop the game at that point. In baseball and football, it comes in spurts, right, it becomes in short burst and plays, and just because the guy is pulled up and the ball is in play does not mean we're going to stop play so that guy can get up.
Speaker 1: It was a nasty and I just saw the report here broke his left forearm. Oh my god, broke he really ran into that wall though, Oh yeah, I mean it was a g nat like just the thud. You can go back and find it if you really want to, if you're if you're that sadistic, I want to see it. But it was crazy, And that was the first time I think the Brazley hit an inside the parker and that and that new ballpark, But no, I think.
Speaker 3: You gotta let him play out. But so he's just laying on the ground and rolling in pain, and.
Speaker 1: The center fielders of course running over from centerfield trying to get to the ball. Olson's just rounding the bases and but fans didn't like that online, But you know what I mean. Look, I hate that the guy broke his arm, but that's the game. I mean, you keep playing, you play on.
Speaker 3: See back in my day, I would have got yelled at for not getting up and throwing that ball, sh swealing in pain. I bet you he gets an ear full back in the day when he goes to the dugout and says.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you throw the ball in? And I don't care if you broke your farm.
Speaker 1: He got another arm, right, Yeah, So, uh, game two tonight for the Braves in the Reds. It's a four game series and well, you know, we'll give Matt plenty of crap about the Reds losing to the Braves last night. Coming up on KSR.
Speaker 2: Now, please do.
Speaker 1: The Kentucky Basketball News Billy that came out yesterday. They got a new commitment Rhese Potter, seven foot one center. Boys can rest the shore. We got a big guy now he's going to be coming back to Kentucky. He played in Lexington Catholic in his high school career. He went to Miami of Ohio for a couple of years. And a guy at that height. Man, at seven foot one, he's got a pretty good three point shot. He shoots around forty percent from behind the arc. So I don't know how much playing time he will get, Billy, but it's nice to know that you have a seven foot one guy you can bring off the bench at any time who can shoot the three. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can can't get enough of seven footers and a guy with a couple of years of eligibility as a Kentucky kid. Maybe he sees this as a destination where he can stay for more than one year and develop and improve. We've seen Mark Pope put an emphasis on that and actually retaining some people on the h But like you said, shooting over forty percent from three seems like a great depth edition for Kentucky. And while he may not play a lot this year, maybe there's a role next year for him. But you can't take that chance. We've seen injuries ravage a team, even like Kentucky last year. But when you can pair him with a guy like Malachi Moreno, and you know, you don't know really what Jade and Quaintance's recovery is like right now, you're going to be relying a lot on Brandon Garrison, and maybe that helps you a little bit here in the first half of the season. Maybe it's just simply just in case kind of addition, But a Kentucky kid knows what it means to put on the Blue and white, so maybe he'll have that appreciation that we've been looking for.
Speaker 1: So if you're one of these fans who was caught up on Travis Perry transferring because he was a Kentucky guy, does this soften the blow a little bit to know you're replacing a Kentucky guy with a Kentucky guy, the guy that played school at Kentucky. Not maybe well he definitely wasn't you know the name that Travis Perry was coming out of high school but still played Kentucky. Still from Kentucky. He's coming back here to play. So I just I would like to know from the fans eight five to nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven, what do you think, Billy?
Speaker 2: It doesn't really move the needle for me.
Speaker 3: I'm just a little surprised TP stayed in the SEC because he's still gonna have to guard some of these guys that are, you know, clear of him when it comes to athletic ability and talent. Right now, maybe he develops into a guy that can be a really good player. But you know, I was just a little sad he didn't go down the hill and go to Western Kentucky and so, but you know what, replacing Travis with another Kentucky guy does it. It's not like I was looking for another Kentucky guy to replace Travis. It's just regardless of who they added, I'm still bummed that the all time leading scorer didn't stay at Kentucky. But I wish him the best and I hope Rhys Potter can feel a little bit of that love from the fan base, because there's no doubt that the BBN does love their Kentucky kids.
Speaker 2: And we saw that with Trent Noah and we'll see it more. Malachi Marina.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take your calls A five nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. That's the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. We'll talk some NBA playoffs coming up, We'll talk some news about TBT La Familia adding a couple of players to the roster for the summer league. And then we got to talk about Netflix.
Speaker 2: You we oh, we're doing You today.
Speaker 1: They said we were gonna do it, so we'll get to that probably around nine thirty. Okay, So if you're you know, somebody who's watching that series on Netflix nine thirty, I'm just gonna give your heads up. We're gonna we're gonna do spoilers. We're gonna do the full review, our take on the final season of You. That'll be coming up at nine thirty right here on the KSR pre Show. We'll be right back. It is the KSR pre Show. Well, justin Timberlake, suit and tie. Are you a suit guy? Do you like wearing suits? I, personally not a suit guy. Don't like wearing them, especially at like the Derby when it was raining. Is there anything more miserable than being in a suit and then getting rained on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'll I'll throw on a good newspaper boy hat. But like, if I'm just gonna wear like a blazer or a suit out to a nice dinner, I don't know, Shannon, Probably not for me. I don't have the style or the wardrobe for that. But I went to a black tie wedding. It was my aunt who had the wedding in Philadelphia and talk about an inconvenience, Shannon. I don't know about you, but to ask somebody that you got you got to go buy a tux for my wedding seems a little self centered, does it not.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a wedding, speaking of witch, coming up this weekend, and I'm doing everything i can to get out of it.
Speaker 2: Is it black tie?
Speaker 1: I don't know that there's any rules. I just don't want to put on the suit and go to a wedding.
Speaker 2: Now you don't want to go to the wedding. Pe see, you're trying to get out.
Speaker 1: I'm the opposite of Matt, and you like, I don't want to be invited. You say like, well I wasn't invited, and then you don't show up. I'm like, just don't even invite me. I'm fine, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To go to the wedding.
Speaker 3: I want to be invited. To decline the invite. You're saying you don't want to be invited in the first.
Speaker 1: Place, Yeah, because then if you get invited and you decline, it just makes you look like, you know, jerk. I would rather just not be invited at all. That would be that would be my Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not wiggling your way out of my wedding. You're coming to that hell or high water.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see, see may I may have a gig that night. Since you're not booking all as Blue Gown as your your wedding band, I'm a little little hurt by that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Billy, I don't have a company vehicle. I'm not gonna be able to drive up to the wedding.
Speaker 1: Who is who is your wedding band going to be? Since it's not gonna be us?
Speaker 2: I uh, I don't think we're we're doing live.
Speaker 3: Music, but oh, you're doing like djou you'd like to do like maybe a unplugged Maybe it doesn't have to be a you know, a four hour you're on Broadway set. You can be like a thirty minute, you know, maybe a couple originals, maybe an Incubus song if you'd like.
Speaker 1: Okay, Incubus very romantic. I can see that. Uh. Did you watch any of the NBA games last night? Couple?
Speaker 3: I actually did. Yeah, I've been slacking a little bit. I watched both of them. Stayed up late for the last one too. Two incredible game.
Speaker 2: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Did you watch anything, Yeah, Unfortunately, my Celtics lost in overtime to the Knicks. I believe that was one of weight one oh five, and then the other road team won too. The Nuggets be beat Okac I think they were they down by quite a bit. I think at one point who the.
Speaker 2: Celtics because they were down twenty or they were up twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well no, but I thought the other game there was a big lead as well. I didn't follow that one all the way through the Nuggets though. One at Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Yes, the thunder were leading for most of the game. I mean they were doing a great job on Jokich and making him beat them, and then he did beat them. I think he went like forty and twenty. When it comes to points and rebounds is just assists were down. But I mean Boston with a historic collapse. They had a twenty point lead. They went fifteen of sixty from three last night. Don't want to talk about it. That's that's what I think. In the postseason, forty five misses, you.
Speaker 1: Got to win those. You gotta win those home games too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You still you start splitting home games, then then the pressure's really on. Yeah, in these in these playoff games, but anyway you can bet on it with DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. With live betting, same game parlays, player props, you can do it all across the board. With DraftKings you get fast and easy payouts and it's all there for you. For new customers promo code KSR bet five get two hundred the Crownish yours. If you have a gambling problem, call Wating one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash audio. Let's go to the phones and take our first call. Let's go to Josh. What's up? Josh?
Speaker 2: Hey, Josh?
Speaker 1: Hello Josh?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, Josh?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So are the phone? Okay? Now here's my frustration. Can I can I vent on.
Speaker 2: The air for producer to like, you know, work the phones?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah? Can we get can we get that producer to work the phones? Can we get a producer? Period? Oh?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Because I was venting to you off the air. We had problems earlier. Now we're having problems that it appearance with the phones because while we were doing that last segment, I was attempt to, Oh, I don't know, host the show and answer the calls at the same time. And I think we've got now issues with the phones. So if you want to try to call in eight five, nine to eight zero.
Speaker 3: Saying okay, dude, you sound a little stressed, I mean well, I mean notice working man in radio.
Speaker 1: You come over here and try to produce a nose to show and see how you look.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many hosts actually have to also produce their show, but we know Shannon the dude has a belt and says that he's the best at it.
Speaker 2: So keep on doing it. Do we have Josh again?
Speaker 1: I think we do. Let's try this again.
Speaker 4: Josh, how y'all doing?
Speaker 1: It's your phone. I don't know what's up, Josh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might have been. Hey, you know where i'd like to see Travis Purry win school, Murray State. That's where I'd like to sing him went.
Speaker 1: Do you have any tie ins with Murray State or why Murray State.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll live about twenty minutes from no.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, you want to go see him? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would love for him to play at Bellerman. He's right down the road for me.
Speaker 4: Well okay, but but I think this, You know, we needed another tall guy. I believe this, Reese. I believe that's who we needed. I mean, we need one more person. You have it, go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah you think we still so? You don't think thirteen's enough? You think that Mark Pope still got more work to do. He's gonna get a fourteenth.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What about this that dame? Oh oh what's his name? I came forgot his last name?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Talk about the divine guy?
Speaker 4: Now it's d A. M. E. Dame uh star or sorrow or something like that. So I think it's it. I think that's his last name.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll have to check on that for you. We've had some sorrows in the past that Kentucky, at least.
Speaker 2: One that yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, I was answering the phone there, Billy. What were we talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh? Nothing, nothing important, just the roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Josh, I appreciate it, man, thank you for the phone call. But yeah, I think it's gonna be interesting to see though. Talking about Travis Perry, how many minutes does he get there? And if you believe those nil numbers, you can't blame him for leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, he's a little bit better than Murray State too, right. I think the quality of basketball is a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: So I'm wishing him the best.
Speaker 3: You can always text this five h two two sixty five six six five six, where one person says saw Shannon the dude at the gym yesterday? Fair or foul on flip flops in the gym.
Speaker 1: No, I was not working out though, was not working out, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if you were working out in flip flops, I would probably give you a little side eye. But if you're just walking around, I don't think there's any fault with that.
Speaker 1: So I'm just helping out the gym with like some social media stuff. Oh so I was asked like, Hey, can you come up here and like just shoot like a quick twenty second clip of like some of our our classes. I'm like sure, So, No, I was not working out, Mario rubbing off on you a little bit. Getting into the social media game with this gym of course, you know. Speaking of flip flops, Colin Chandler had his own favor foul online yesterday where he said love or hate and he posted a picture of him wearing socks with thong sandals. Shannon a little fair or foul lover hate Colin Chandler wearing socks with thongs absolutely foul? Who does that? If you're wearing flip flops, you can't wear socks. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh h the socks and slides is a very popular combo. But you're busting out the thong sandals and I'm gonna go foul, and I'm gonna say you're a demented person a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we get into the U conversation, let's get one more caller before they got about a minute left, Freeberg go ahead.
Speaker 5: Heyah, phones working sound like I don't know if you were her. Earlier Tom Leech was talking to someone and oh, Chris Beard, let's see what do you say that. Travis Perry had qualified for the Hall eight golf State Bibles and shot like from seventy two and he was waiting in the clubhouse on uh came up all the way to see and enrichment, and it was talking. Why don't you hearing you said, I love Trevis Perry. I've been trying to get his kids as a baller, So I'm gonna wish you love man. I wish you know, show us talents because he really is a baller. And uh, it's been a long talk you guys, so you keep up. That doesn't work, fellas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thanks for listening. I think that's gonna be most fans like, we don't want them to go off on Kentucky, but we wish it well. Other than that, I think.
Speaker 2: And we all want to be wanted.
Speaker 3: And Chris Beard really wanted Travis Perry, so it seems like it's a good marriage.
Speaker 1: Then, all right, we're going to talk about you on Netflix. Coming up next. KSR Apprecio all right, welcome back, KSRP pre show, Shannon the Dude, Billy Rutledge. All right, this is our segment. We're going to talk about the show you on Netflix. So spoiler alert, spoiler I can't say it loud enough. Spoiler alert. If you've been watching the show you on Netflix and you don't want it to have spoiled for you, don't listen, right, now come back it like nine forty five. Come back in ten minutes, we'll be done about Red. So here we go, final season of You. First of all, I will say, Billy, I am not one of these people that can sit down and watch series. Normally.
Speaker 2: You can't even watch a movie anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. We've talked about, you know, the guys watching White Lotus, and they talk about it, and now I go, I don't know what you're talking about because I kind of feel left out. I haven't had time to watch it. And then there's like Righteous Gemstones and there's all the even the one that Cash flows on. I haven't even finished that one yet. He's my buddy, and I haven't even finished the series yet. But the only two series, like within the last probably fifteen years that I've watched was The Walking Dead and then You on Netflix. So this was supposed to be, if you believe them, the final season of You.
Speaker 2: Five seasons, fifty episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe the psychopathic serial killer, just going around, just killing people. They're back in New York, So I like that. First of all, Billy, season four I didn't like they were over in the UK. Yeah, I thought, you know what you could have just taken that entire season and just never even had it. But the tie in though is with his wife, who he meets over there in the UK came. Yes, they moved back to New York, So the series ends where it all began in New York City. There's a lot of different ways we could go with this. First of all, I want to point out, Okay, so Kate has two twin sisters, right, the two blondes.
Speaker 2: Yes? Is it Reagan and Maddie.
Speaker 1: That's right? And I just want to say I didn't realize it at first. The actress that plays she plays both twins.
Speaker 2: Did you know one actress?
Speaker 1: It's one actress and a camp I just want to say, is probably my new favorite actress?
Speaker 2: Really good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to look it up, had no idea like she plays both of these. It's like the what was was the what was the comedy where the twins?
Speaker 2: Nevermind Adam Sandler did that famously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another movie where the the actors played both twins. But either way, I digress. I thought overall was really good. I like the flashbacks of Beck. They bring in Bronte, who is a new character in season five, the new love interest that's right. She breaks into the bookstore. He goes back by the way, buys the bookstore, Mooney's Bookstore, reopens that and this cage, Billy, this is the thing too, this big glass cage. What kind of moving company moves a big glass cage from New York to California then back out to the UK. This thing, it just goes wherever he goes. And now it's back in the basement where it all started at the bookstore.
Speaker 2: It's not a torture device.
Speaker 3: It's for old books, Shannon, it's just protecting old manuscripts. That cage did give me flashbacks to getting trapped into the bathroom at Sulfur Creek when we did that many years ago. On the Twin thing, I didn't know that, but I had the thought of that seems like the same actress. And it was funny. We started watching this right when we started talking about those twins from Australia having being telepathic and knowing each other's thoughts, and in this movie it seemed like the twins. You know, they seemed to hate each other at times, so it was completely different than what we were talking about. I'll let you keep going on on the recap. What did you think about Bronte? Did you like her? Because I wasn't really feeling brount.
Speaker 1: I didn't really at first, so like they introduced her about she broke into the bookstore, but she's actually you find out snooping on Joe because through flashbacks you see Beck, the love interest in the very first season who he killed, right, And you find out that Bronte was sort of like, I don't know, like a I guess student through Beck. Would you say it was a mentor a mentor? There you go, that's a good word for it. And you find out that that Bronte is kind of on too Joe. She thinks that there's a good possibility that he's the one that murdered Beck. So she sneaks in and then pretends to you know, fall in love with Joe and sort of lure him in and get him to tell all this secrets to her. She turned out to be a really big part of the show.
Speaker 3: Well, she's catfishing, right, We've all seen the show when some forty eight year old man is pretending to be a twenty year old woman and his Facebook messaging people and they all meet it. It was a phenomenon in the early two thousands, and that's the name it garnished. And now Bronte's trying to catfish Joe in order to figure out what happened to back.
Speaker 1: And then at one point it is live streamed on Instagram. They set them up. It's live streamed. He kills a guy live on Instagram and somehow he goes to jail. But then somebody just gets bled out like Okay.
Speaker 2: You got enough money, you can get bailed out.
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean, I don't know it espe.
Speaker 2: Actually, if it's self defense you have good lawyer.
Speaker 1: Is that how it really works? I mean, he just got bailed out. He killed a guy on live streaming and then gets out like the same night.
Speaker 3: Go look, we're innocent until proven guilty. Shannon and the ultra rich can spend millions of dollars to get out of jail before the court dat and things like that. I thought it was a pretty boring season until that part, though, I don't know if you agree. It just seemed like a normal U season. How is this going to wrap up? Where was the twist? And and I thought this was a good twist. I did not see that Bronte was catfishing, Joe trying to find his downfall.
Speaker 2: And then we see you know, more and more girlfriends coming back in the past, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then there were, of course, true to every other season before this, just completely unrealistic moments like the twin killing Maddie killing Reagan the other twin.
Speaker 2: Right, like them pretending to.
Speaker 1: And then pretending to be her becoming Reagan, I thought was unrealistic. The other thing too there towards the end, like the I think it was like the second to last episode where Joe gets locked in the cage, but he sewed a key into his forearm, Like why why would he even do that? Like how would he know ahead of time that he was going to get knocked in the head and locked in his own cage?
Speaker 2: That was the best part of the whole season.
Speaker 3: That was incredible, Joe putting a key in his arm and then swing his arm shut. Shannon, how does that not get infected? I mean, how is is?
Speaker 2: Do you? I don't think that's possible?
Speaker 3: Like that was You're right, probably one of the more unrealistic parts, but it was my favorite probably twist of the entire season.
Speaker 2: I promise you that and.
Speaker 1: Then at the the end the last episode where Joe and Bronte kind of go on this Bonnie and Clyde trip and they end up finding I guess, some abandoned house. They move in there, and then again she turns on him for the second time. She lures them in. Just when he thinks that he's got her on his side, she turns on him, pulls a gun on him, and then it turns into this whole thing where it's raining outside and she runs outside. He then takes her to the lake, trys the drowner looks like he's killed Bronte. She comes back and Joe is running in his underwear through the woods like a like a mad man. Like that clip of him running, I'm like, I've never seen anybody run that fast in my life. He turned into like the saying bolt running running back into the house. That was one of the funniest parts of the entire series. And then at the very end of course, uh Bronte tracks him down. Turns out she did not drown in the in the pond. She comes out with the gun and then shoots Joe. We find out she's shot him right between the legs, right and and Joe becomes a meme online and gets arrested, and that's how it ends. That's that, That's how it ended. So I want to ask you, Billy, we talked about this a little bit yesterday. You said it wasn't a satisfying ending for you. Did you want Joe to die at the end? Is that how you wanted the whole thing to end?
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted Kate to be gone and Bronte to be gone. I wanted Joe to take care of all the girlfriends and and.
Speaker 1: Look like you were cheering for Joe.
Speaker 2: I was with Joe. I want him to take down the girl.
Speaker 1: It checks out social path.
Speaker 3: And so and so they get him and Kate have this big fight in the basement near the cage.
Speaker 2: There's a fire.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's the end of Kate, and she just magically reappears in one of the final scenes, no explanation. She just gets out of the burning building after she's taken a sledgehammer to the face. I thought that was awful. And then for Bronte to still be alive after Joe drowned her in the water in one of those final drownds, she was holding her stupid, it's too dumb. She was holding deaths and still alive.
Speaker 2: Ruined the ending for me.
Speaker 3: Now, I did like how Joe at the very end, when he's locked away for life in the jail cell, is still blaming other people, right, he seemed to like blame us and for our standards as a society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he rationalizes that. See, that's that's the thing that this whole series does. Like he's a serial killer, but they try to, you know, since he is the one telling the whole story from his point of view, rationalize killing other people. And I you know, for a while, I'm like, Okay, maybe that guy deserved it. By the time we got to season five, I'm like, I full on hate Joe, Like I want like whatever happened to him? You know. Okay, here's how I thought it would play out, Billy. You know, because the whole time throughout the series, he's narrating as if he's like telling a story.
Speaker 2: Hello you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like he you know, he a lot of the like the actor himself. You know, he did more voiceovers and probably in the studio than he did actual on screen dialogue. Okay, I had this theory from like season three forward, I thought that it would end with him in jail, as it did, but I thought that it would be hit him reading his own book like this entire series.
Speaker 2: Oh he was.
Speaker 1: Telling and he was in jail the entire time, but you don't know it. But he's reading the book that he wrote about his life, and I thought that's how it would end. So I was I was halfway right. But don't you think that would have been a better way to end it, Like if he's in jail, but like the entire series was just him reading the book and you're seeing it play out throughout the five seasons.
Speaker 2: I would have liked that ending there. You know.
Speaker 3: I think about Joe and he is such a romantic, right, I mean, how often has this guy fallen in love? He was he was buying engagement rings after knowing somebody for like a month. Man, I mean I waited like four and a half years before I did something like that. I mean, he's just ready to go. But maybe that's the serial killer recipe for him. And one thing about it, My favorite girlfriend was Beck, So for her it would be such a big part of the season and for her to you know, kind of be vindicated at the end. And them taking Joe's words out of her book was probably one of my favorite parts of the season as well, because she was the best.
Speaker 2: So that was good to see her a lot again.
Speaker 3: I didn't need to see love you know, we didn't see much of the third girlfriend, but Kate was the worst. Yeah, the fact she survived just almost ruined it for me. Shannon, I was rooting for Joe. You said you hated Joe. I was like, all right, Joe, we've got to clean this up. I mean, how are we getting out of this one? Because he's in the cage. Everybody's gonna take care of him, and you know what, just undo the bandage.
Speaker 2: He's got a key in his army.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, there's been a lot of unrealistic moments throughout the series. That was like maybe the most un a twist, and I was kind of hopeful, I hope secretly that maybe Beck wasn't dead and that she would come back and like, you know, be the one to put them, you know, in jail. Yeah, but unfortunately that but it was cool though that you got the flashbacks over at least.
Speaker 3: So overall, what would you give the series? Oh, like, the entire entire series.
Speaker 2: You know, besides the fourth season pretty being pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. Yeah, I think I really liked it. I'm gonna go like eight five.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think, uh, solid eight. I'll give it a solid eight. Okay, so you liked it a little bit better.
Speaker 2: I like the actor. Is it Sean Penn?
Speaker 1: Is that his no pen pin Bagley, pin bagging or badgely pin Bagley. I think it's having to say it anywhere his name is. All Right, So there you go. There's your uh, there's your segment on you and if you've got thoughts at Shannon the Dude at Billy or Sports on Twitter eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven, we'll talk some more nonsense. Uh, we'll talk a little TVT. The Twins just announced they're going to be a part of the roster. We'll talk about that, and uh, we'll wrap this thing up. Coming up next to on the KSRP pre Show. All right, welcome back, final segment of the KSR pre Show, Little Alice Blue Gown.
Speaker 2: I look at you song.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's the thing, man, when you're a producer, you can play your own song, you can toot your own horn. And I'm going to do it, because it was just announced yesterday that Kentucky Sports Radio will be in Summerset on June sixth, Friday, June sixth, We're gonna be at the Virginia, which is a really cool event space. I mean it looks almost like a theater that they've got there. So KSR will be their June six and then later that night Alice Blue Gown it's gonna be playing there, taking the stage, and it's a ticket it it's a ticketed event. So you know, we don't play a whole lot of ticketed events and a lot of times we're just playing at the bar. So I hope that the entire city of Summerset will come out and see us on June sixth at the Virginia. I can't wait to do it. Man. It's like I said that that venue, I've been looking at it online. Looks amazing. Just uh. I hope that we're playing to a full crowd out there. So Summerset, it's on you. We need you to show up big for us on June sixth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say maybe a little bit of a litmus test for Alice Gown with a ticketed event and a nice venue, Shannon. I mean, you guys can pack out a venue. You you need an opening act. You need Billy Blues to go up there. Yeah, I'm from the guitar.
Speaker 1: We may need to hire you to come up there and do your what do you know, two songs to Lily.
Speaker 3: Billy is an entertainer, Okay, I mean he can go up there and do whatever you need him to do. I'll just talk about my jockey interviews for twenty minutes if you.
Speaker 2: Need me to.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's going on June sixth in Somerset. We'll have that to look forward to, coming up one month from today. All Right, I told you that at my Derby party, silk velvet whiskey was a big hit. Everybody loved it. I was handing it out, but I was I was a little greedy, Billy. I was like, okay, like, you know, drink, drink the light beer. But then here's here's a little bit of silk velvet whiskey too.
Speaker 2: Well that's mainly for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, saving it for you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Look, if you couldn't handle more than two lilies, you definitely I meant for you.
Speaker 2: I meant for you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You're going to hoard most of the week's right, but I would like some of that Silk Velvet whiskey.
Speaker 1: It is a historic brand, revived, crafted in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky, brought back by the Harkess family over a century later. I love the story behind this bourbon, and it is a really great bourbon. We're talking about not just your average bottle. This is award winning craftsmanship, made and hand selected by master distiller Jacob Call, one of the most awarded distillers in Bourbon, with a family distilling lineage going back to seventeen ninety one, one hundred and seven, proof aged at least six years to perfection and bottle for bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velvety finish, and it's being distributed all over liquor stores. You can go to Silk Velvet Whisky dot com, give them a follow on social media as well. You can find out exactly where you can find Silk Velvet Whiskey near you. Eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. All right, so, Billy, the real id fiasco starts tomorrow. You were, you know, talking a little bit yesterday on KSR about LaGuardia and how somebody that worked there at air traffic control said it's not safe to fly here. We're not properly staffed. I said, there's no way I'm flying into Loguardia if I'm going to New York City, I don't care if it is a further flight. I would rather, you know, take the eighty minute uber know that I feel comfortable flying into the airport. Maybe go to JFK or Logordia instead of the It was Newark, not Logrdia. It was Newark. I think that was the.
Speaker 2: That's right, you're right at Newark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so are you taking that flight? Though? If you got somebody that works at air traffic control saying, look, I don't think it's safe to fly here. Are you jumping on that plane and going anyway just because it's closer.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. I'm gonna have to drive to a different airport because this is what I want.
Speaker 2: I want a high standard.
Speaker 3: We've had some air traffic control issues recently, so you know, if they don't have qualified people to run the airport, then they're gonna need to significantly reduce the amount of flights at that point. But the real id thing is going to be an issue for a long time. I'm worried about it. I don't have my real ID, so I can't fly, Shannon, I don't have my passport either, so I guess I can't leave the country even if I wanted to.
Speaker 1: The real ID thing feels like such a money grab, Like why do I need a real ID? What's wrong with the ID that I have in my wallet right now? If this is a real idea that I have to get, does that make what I have now a fake ID? Like? What's wrong with the ID that I currently have? Why doesn't that verify who I am? Why do I need a real ID? What's the real ID do that the regular driver's license doesn't do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know this information.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll learn this and be able to talk more about it tomorrow. But maybe it's just an extra layer of verification, Shannon.
Speaker 2: In this new is this.
Speaker 1: Like the thing like where I log into my email and they got to send me a verification code.
Speaker 2: You have to hit a box that says that you're a human.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hit four out of six pictures that have a light post in that's going to tell us that you're not a computer. I don't know, but like, what do I even do at this point because there's no appointments available at any of the local DMVs, the regional offices. I could get there at six am to try to be the first person in line, but Shannon, people are lining up at four am.
Speaker 1: So do you have a passport because you can use that it's expired? Okay, Well that's not going to work. Okay, so you can get there, but you have to fill out like this long form of paperwork to verify that's who you are. That's the only way they will allow you to get on a plane without a real ID. So you can imagine the people that don't have the real ID that are standing in line to get this form which probably takes ten minutes to fill out. And you got that line of people also, and that you have to fill that out before they'll let you get to the screening part that you know, the security checkpoint.
Speaker 2: What a mess.
Speaker 3: The airport's already can be a hell escape So now I've got to wait in another line for this. I don't know, Shane, it seems like a disaster. Do you think it's a money grab or do you think there's an extra level of security.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there's anything different than what your regular idea, a real ID. Give me a break. Yeah, okay, so the idea I have now is not good, but the real idea is.
Speaker 3: And I feel bad for the DMV people though, I mean it's not the best place people.
Speaker 1: Who have to go to the DMV. I don't feel bad for the DMV people.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel bad for the DMV people. Have a heart, Shannon.
Speaker 3: I mean they're not. They didn't require for you to get the real ID. I mean this is you know, they're just mandated to do that. So the receptionist that has to deal with all these grumpy people, I do feel for them a little bit.
Speaker 2: But it's a disaster. It's going to be a disaster for a while.
Speaker 1: I think we didn't really get a chance to talk about the Harrison Twins. But they're back. They're gonna be joining the TVT They're back, excited about that, just like they returned for a second year at Kentucky. They're back for a second year for the TBT.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, this tournament is so fun And to see those guys back in Lexington, I mean, win or lose, it's just to see these guys back having fun, being embraced by the fan base is what this tournament has been all about. So excited for more additions unto that team.
Speaker 1: All right, KSR is up next live from Arizona. Let me remind you the Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets for new customers when you sign up with promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. ELIGIBODYR restrictions applyed new customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms are responsible gaming resources see dk ang slash audio. That is it for the pre show for Billy Rutledge, Shannon, the Dude, Matt and the guys from Arizona Next