Speaker 1: Hey guys, and welcome back to another week of casual Chaos. This week, I have a super exciting guest, Tate Madden. Welcome to Casual Chaos.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: First off, you are gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love your style. The hair is killing it, thank you. Did you, like ever have long hair?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I know. I had hair like down to hear, like my whole life.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then COVID hit and my friend who is a hairstylist, her salon shut down, and so she was just trying to like put stuff on social media, so she's like, can I cut in color your hair? And then when I was over there, I was like, honestly, just chop it off because if I hate it, no one is seeing me anyway, so it'll grow out. And if I love it, like I like, I'll know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And obviously I loved it because it's been years and it's still still a bop.
Speaker 1: So funny. I was actually on TikTok the other day and Sophia Richie just cut a bob. Yes, and she looks awesome too, and as expected, Yeah, I mean she could pull quite literally anything off. Okay, I guess let's start from the beginning. So did you grow up in Florida.
Speaker 2: I did not. I grew up in Ohio. Oh Whatincinnati, Ohio? Oh?
Speaker 1: So then what made you go to Florida.
Speaker 2: My older sister lived in Florida. I actually was living in Fort Worth, Texas at the time, and I would visit my older sister. She has three boys, and I just loved it, and so I would go and visit my nephews and I was like, ah, like, I'm young, I'm single, like I don't have anything holding me back, Like, let's just try Florida. And then I just never left.
Speaker 1: So you're like, parents and family are still in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Still in Ohio. Yes, I have one sister, like I said, lives in Florida. And then I have my younger sister that I got to move to Florida. So little by little, I'm one of six, so no way, just keep pulling. All girls are mixed next so girl boy, then me, and then boy girl girl.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so many of you. I'm one of four, so but I mean six, I feel like that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And even there were three though, I feel like it's just like craziness. Yeah, no matter how much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you all so close? Yes?
Speaker 2: I love having a big family. It is the most fun. Like it's always so crazy and there was just no structure growing up, like everything's just everywhere. But like when I look back at it, I'm like, I had so much fun. It was the best time. Do you like having a big.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent come from a big Italian family and my dad's side is huge, so we just grew up so many cousins. We all have so many siblings and the house is never quiet now, there's never a dull moment. There's always something going on. But that's the beauty of it. And I feel like a lot of kids, if they're like an only child, they always wish they had a sibling. Yes, so I feel I guess grateful.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine not having like a big family. I also laugh when people try and they're like, oh, I'm so sorry, it's a louder. So I'm like, this is how I feel comfortable, Like I like it just being absolute madness.
Speaker 1: I'm too quiet or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: We got in trouble? Yes, So where did you go to college?
Speaker 2: I didn't go to college. Oh, no way plot twist. No, I didn't go to college. Honestly, think I'm just too add to like sit in a classroom.
Speaker 1: It's not for everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to bop around. I went to la for a bit, stayed with my brother for a couple months, and here in New York. My family at one point said that I was a bubble. They're like, you really just float because I was just kind of found my way, which was terrifying at times because I did it when I was obviously so young, and when you have six siblings, like, I don't want to have help from anyone. I'm like, my parents have all my younger siblings to worry about. I'm going to take care of myself, which sometimes my mom would get mad at me and she would yell at me and be like, what are you doing, like call me? So yeah, that was a thing, but we got through it and I'm here, and I feel like that is like one of the biggest reasons why I've matured and been able to like navigate life. Say, I probably trusted myself helped.
Speaker 1: You gain so much independence for yourself. Yes, when did you start kind of being on your own?
Speaker 2: Right after high school?
Speaker 1: Oh Wowah So at eighteen, Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was just like I'm just gonna go. I'm gonna figure it out. I don't care like what I need to do. It was a lot of like ups and downs, but I'm very proud of myself for like where I am now.
Speaker 1: It's probably so rewarding for yourself though, like look how far I've come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate being a burden to people, which again is something that I should probably work on. How my mom used to yell at me and say, you know, I'm your mom, like if you need help, like call me. I don't know if it's the competitiveness with myself or what it is, but I was just always like, you need to do this on your own, Like you need to do this like by yourself, figure it out by yourself.
Speaker 1: What's your sign?
Speaker 2: A virgo?
Speaker 1: You're a virgo? Okay, my sister's a virgo and so was my No No, and he was the same way. He was so like particular about everything, perfect everything, yes, had to be his way. If he didn't do it, then it wasn't good to night. Yes, that is me. It's not bad to ask for help. But I completely get what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think looking back now, I'm like, oh, people want the parents that you can call no matter what, and like, my parents are those parents. So I think that's why they were very frustrated with me when I was younger, just because it was like I had the parents that people dream of and I didn't always take advantage of it. But I also think that they're proud of me too, for like figuring it out on my own, so always a learning curve.
Speaker 1: I was even having this conversation with my cousin because she's kind of dealing with the same thing, figuring out things on her own at such a young age, and I was like, you know what, when you are older, you're going to look back and be so grateful that you accomplished all this by yourself and that you didn't ask anyone for help, not like you couldn't, but just knowing that you accomplished all of this on your own, paid for all of this on your own, did this all by yourself. That's more rewarding than necessarily asking someone for help, which isn't a bad thing. Feel like it's a self pride thing in a way.
Speaker 2: And I think it gives you comfort cents in your choices, and also it makes it where you're not having to abide by someone else's rules. Like if I'm going to make a mistake, I'm going to make a mistake because I chose in this moment that this was the choice I was going to make, and it's my decision and I fully take accountability for it, Whereas if I'm getting help from someone or they kind of have a little bit, if I'm putting money into this, like it might sway you're thinking. So I just wanted my choices to be my choices so I could if I did make a mistake, learn from them, because I think if you don't make your own choices and make your own mistakes, like there's always a little tinge of like regret later down the road where it's like, oh, like what if I just would have trusted to myself and did it myself and not let someone like sway where I was headed.
Speaker 1: So when it's coming out of your pocket, I feel like you're yeah, more pocked in.
Speaker 2: You're like, Okay, we're not going to mess this one up.
Speaker 1: So how did you get hired to be on Tyler's show?
Speaker 2: So I only am on like little syn bits, Yeah, like I was brought on because Tyler and Kate were my friend and he was so busy.
Speaker 1: Prior to the show. Yes, okay, so you knew Tyler before the show?
Speaker 2: Yeh?
Speaker 1: Did you know him like before kind of his rise to fame?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So a funny thing is is my little sister, the one that I got to move to Florida already, she was obsessed with Tyler and I didn't watch the Bachelorette. Yeah all, And the only thing that I've seen of him is my friend who I was living with at the time. I came home and she was watching the Bachelorette and I was like, Oh, what are you watching. She's like, oh, I'm just watching the Bachelorette. There's just a guy from Jupiter on the show, so it's interesting. I was like, oh cool. I like saw him for like zero point five seconds, never thought anything else of it. And then my sister was like, Tate, you live where Tyler Cameron lives? Like da da da.
Speaker 1: She was to get on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like no, she wanted to find him, which is so funny now because he's like an annoying brother to her where she like can't stand him and she's like, never meet your heroes, but in like a loving wife.
Speaker 1: No, No, my boyfriend is the same way with me. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: But there's this one tweet that she did where it was like a picture of Tyler without a shirt on, and she was like, I love this man. And so he will bring that up to her all the time, like if he's being annoying, and I'll be like, well, he's like, you love this man, and she's like, no, I did not, No, I want to literally, but yeah. So I became friends with him. One of his best friends did like a fake wedding shoot with me. One of our mutual friends is a wedding planner and she needed like a fake briding groom. So I met him. He was like, oh my gosh, you got to hang out with the squad, like you gotta come on the boat. And I was like okay, like whatever, and so I went on this boat and it was Tyler's boat. Okay, if you ask Tyler, he does not remember meeting me. And we had a very long conversation that night and I was like, oh my god, we're like friends.
Speaker 1: We were friends.
Speaker 2: He thought that I met him like when I started helping him for the show. I was like, I've hung out with you so many times. Skipped too. We did become very obviously close friends during the show. Like no romance at all. Yeah, looking back, I'm like, it was just so much going on at once, but yeah, I had no interest in dating him like whatsoever. And then I think we both just have a very similar work ethic where I was just always the last one hanging around if like there was stuff that needed to be done. So then it kind of just gradually grew into love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here we are now. I love that. So then what your role on the show was.
Speaker 2: I did his social media, and they just had.
Speaker 1: You go into the show like for random little things.
Speaker 2: So they were like, will you help me with my social media? Why the show's going on?
Speaker 1: Kind of just like managing his accounts, making sure everything was in line.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like like I was editing videos for him. I was making sure he was doing all the TikTok trends and you know whatever else for him to post so he didn't have to worry about it. And all of production would call me GFT the whole like time we filmed, which was good friend tate because I was just always in the scenes but in the background, so they woul always be like, Wow, this is Tate, like she's just such a good friend because I was just always there. But I wasn't actually on the show. Funny story though, the show runner actually the day that I did the photography, because it was with Jason Tartick, I was on his podcast. Okay, yeah, he's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well he said like on camera, he's like, why aren't you dating Tate? And Tyler was like like shut up, like what are you talking about? No, And I was like, he doesn't even remember me, and he like kind of called it and like ended up when they did the home runner writing like Tyler loves Tate like with spray paint, and you can see it in the episode like very small, like very briefly. So it started back then. So then after that, because we had good banter, the show runner asked Tyler because originally the show was supposed to be half a home renovation show half like Tyler's life okay, and so they had all these dates set up for him. So the show runner wanted him to take me on a date, but he had just hired for the social media so he like mixed it. He was like, I'm not taking her on a day on the show. He's like, people are starting to see she works for me. Like it doesn't look good. Look at us. Now.
Speaker 1: When did you realize you were like attracted to Tyler then if you at first were like, this is not happening.
Speaker 2: He's a good looking guy. I was close enough as a friend to him though that I saw him go out like it's funny looking back, like I used to be like a wingwoman.
Speaker 1: So you really like started as his right man. Yeah, that's how it all happened because you started so close but you were also so comfortable with each other that you felt like you knew all the ins and outs. Yes, that it then formed into something romantic eventually, once you guys opened your eyes and you were like, oh, this is what's happening. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always tell people that I'm like, this is the healthiest relationship I've ever entered into because he's such an open book as a friend. I mean sometimes I'm like, oh my gosh, hide a little bit because I do not need to know all of this.
Speaker 1: I know way too much.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he's just such an open book as a friend that going into a relationship was like the least terrifying because I wasn't gonna be blindsided. That aspect of it was like so great. It was very kind of awkward, like the transition, just because I was like homie and so when I would go with like all the guys and stuff. I remember the first time he like kissed me in front of JP. He was like, yo, I don't think i've ever seen you guys kiss. He's like, I don't know about that, and so it was like so weird like figuring out like now it's normal, but like at first it was just very bizarre just because we all hung out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that adjustment was probably a little eard for your relationship too, though, because you did go as like his right hand man and one of his really good friends to then like, okay, yes we could still be best friends, but also now I want to be like treated as a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, which has been because he used to tell me all of his wild stories and like this and that, and sometimes he'll start going on rants about like stories and I'm like, yeah, can we like not like I'm like not interested in those anymore, and he's like, I'm really sorry about that. Yeah, but sometimes you just like forget. And then when we were just friends, I mean I would still call him and like tell him things I was excited about and stuff. And there had been girls that he had like went on dates with and stuff where they had heard me on the phone with him and completely platonic at the time. But I remember one time my sister and I lived together and we got like the coolest fines from Facebook marketplace, and we like went all day long and like collected all this stuff. And I was so excited. So I was like calling him and telling him about all my things, and he was like, you know, feeding into my excitement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he said after that when I saw him that the girl he was with like yelled at him and she's like, you're never gonna be able to date anyone if you like have conversations like that with a girl, like even if you say it's her friend. And at the time, I was like, that's so silly, that's not a thing. Like she's probably like, oh, I knew it, I told you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also when rolls are reverse, like I imagine you've heard Tyler talking to ye right now, you would probably be like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, like he has best girlfriends like that he's had since like sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I'm too chill about it, but like I love how he has relationships with girls, like I'm always get close to them. I love meeting people he's known since he was younger, like new friends. Maybe there was subconsciously, like, even if I didn't recognize it, something there that seemed flirty. But also we're talking about a period of time where Tyler was like undateable, So this girl probably was like wanting more from Tyler just to begin with, and then she hears him like, so, you know, laughy and comfortable with another girl. Yeah. I don't think he knew exactly what stage of life he wanted to be in at one point.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you don't feel confident in your relationship to begin with, yes, and then you hear another female and that your person's like connecting with or showing attention to, I'm sure it's not going to feel good regardless.
Speaker 2: I mean I've dated other people where if I would be in the same situations that I am with Tyler, like, they would have made me very uncomfortable. And I feel like people are shocked by that, because.
Speaker 1: Is Tyler way different than your past relationship.
Speaker 2: I have so much different, like in the best, best way, Like he is truly everything that I need in a partner. Anytime I'm stressed or I freak out or I start to panic, like he is the most patient chill or in past relationships, oh my gosh, if I am running like they made it worse where then it would just make my anxiety higher, like I was more stressed, like the way that he can just hey, it's gonna be okay. Yeah, I'm not worried, so you shouldn't be worried. He levels you out, yes, even if it's something for him.
Speaker 1: It's like my boyfriend too.
Speaker 2: It's so lovely and I'm like, I have never had this feeling of.
Speaker 1: When you when you're so more with somebody, I feel like it's a blessing. But at the same time, the person still needs to be a little different, like they need to level you out, and especially in situations you know, when you are arguing with your partner or when you know situations are heightened, if your partner is you know, at your level or higher, Oh my god, horrible, awful, So you do need that balance otherwise it's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And like you said, coming from like a big loud family like I did, there was a lot of yelling, like we all loved each other, but we loved each other loud and aggressively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you're fighting, you're screaming at each other, like when you love each other, you're like sorry, yeah, you know. It's a very like oh yeah, sorry, we'll move on. Yeah, very just different.
Speaker 2: Where he it's like he wants to take a walk and he wants to like talk about like what's bothering me? At first, I was like, what are we doing? Even though there's some things of course, like he can annoy the crap out of me and drive me crazy because as like a little kid in some aspects, like the most important things that I need from a partner, Like he hits the nail on the head like could not be a better boyfriend. And I say that like with my full chest.
Speaker 1: I love that. So, then, how long have you guys been dating? Like when you guys were kind of you know, moving into your transition to now.
Speaker 2: So officially it's two years on October twenty sixth, but we were like dating for like four months before that. So around two.
Speaker 1: Years, two years dating. Yeah, oh I love that.
Speaker 2: I just renovated a whole house so I am in it now.
Speaker 1: Is that is it in Jupiter?
Speaker 2: It's like right outside of Jupiter like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't think you'll have really Florida.
Speaker 2: I think we would like to have somewhere maybe in the mountains or something. He loves Utah.
Speaker 1: Is he a skier.
Speaker 2: He is not a skier. He was always a snowboarder.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: My best friend lives an asspend and so I know, amazing, amazing to have shout out just and Steven. We started going there to visit them, and he's like obsessed with them too, and everyone in Aspen. I think it just recently, like in the past ten years, like they allowed snowboarders. They go strong for the skiing there. So all of my best friend's husband's friends were like making fun of him that he snowboarded. So we got him on skis and let me tell you, I have never had a bigger ick with him than when I saw him ski for the first time. He was just like so large, he looked so uncoordinated. I'm like, you like, were a d one athlete. What are you doing. He was like pigeon toed. He just kept falling and it was like always in slow motion. Yeah, it was bad, but now he's better, okay, because he's competitive enough where he just stuck with it, so now he can hold his own. But yeah, this first initial I'll have to show you the videos sometime. They're rough.
Speaker 1: But you're a scared.
Speaker 2: I am a scary y because of my friends.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I want to I've never been to Aspen and on my bucket list. Oh please, please, let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked you haven't been asked.
Speaker 1: I've just never made it out there. And then the time to go is like New Year's and then my family typically always plans a trip for New Years because my dad lives in the Bahamas, so that's like our time to go visit my dad or do a trip like with my mom. I'm making it a point. I want to go there for my birthday this year because I'm in January. I'm January eighth, so I really want to go there for my birthday this year. And then I was even seeing like bachelor rat trips in Aspen, like this looks.
Speaker 2: So fun, it is magical.
Speaker 1: I think I just want to go there for the experience, you know, go the.
Speaker 2: Cutest little town.
Speaker 1: Money will come back.
Speaker 2: I can always make more money. Someone told me that once when I was like, oh my gosh, like you really need to start budgeting, and they were like, no, you don't. You just need to make more money.
Speaker 1: It's like every time I go into Aritzia, no matter what, you're spending a lot of money when you go in there. And every time I go to the register, you know, because the Short Hills Mall is near Jersey. I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's a nice mall in Jersey, and it's the same people that work at a Ritzia, the same people that help me every time. And I'm at the register and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my gosh, tell me what I did.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, you know, it's okay. Money comes back and he comes back. I'm like, thanks, easy for you guys to say, I have you enjoy your commissions? I know.
Speaker 2: They just opened it a Ritzia, like right next to where I live. We had to go to the Miami Open and I was panicking because it was like my first brand deal thing that I was doing, and I had nothing to wear. I went in there and bought so much clothes and the lady was like, oh my gosh, I see you're like a first time customer because I had never been in a ritzy because there wasn't one around me. She's like, I'll be seeing you all the time. And I looked at the receipt. I'm like, ma'am, you will never actually see me ever in your entire life. Like, I have never spent this type of money.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because you go in there, you actually could only buy like one, two, three things and you're already at like four hundred dollars. But if you do go in there and do one splurge, you have the best basics that will actually last you for it's all I wear now. So yeah, their basics are incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they're very smart with how they do their color palettes because they always have just like four or five colors and then they have like ten different tops. Yeah, so whatever body type you have, like they have a top in that color and then all the bottoms in those colors, like pants, like everything. So it's very easy and.
Speaker 1: You could wear the shirt or the whatever you decide to buy. The pants, the Blazer with like one hundred different outfits because they're such a staple.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So how are the home renovations coming. I've seen some photos and it's stunning. I'm so excited to do that one day. Thank you. Like, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I've always dreamed of doing it and it was so much fun. But holy cow, it was so much more.
Speaker 1: Did you not get a glimpse of it from Tyler's show?
Speaker 2: I did, but it was different for the show because you go home to your own house, yeah, your own bed, like everything's put together. Where when we started doing this home renno, We're like, oh, we'll live in it. We'll just do a piece by piece, Like we'll knock out the kitchen first, yeah, and then we'll do this piece. Well, then we just started doing you know, we had to fix the electrical, so they started having to like knock down walls in places we didn't think we were gonna have to knock down right away. And by time that happened, there was like so much I was like, we can't live here. Yeah, and I had already moved out of the apartment with my sister and her boyfriend. He was basically living at the apartment and they have a big golden doodle and I have a labradoodle.
Speaker 1: And Tyler, how you guys have dogs?
Speaker 2: Yes, So we were like, we can't stay here, and so we moved into the tiny two bedroom apartment with our dogs. It was her boy my sister's boyfriend her you all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like in this teenye, So that must have grown your relationship from closed to just a bit.
Speaker 2: And we just started dating. I'm like, we are going all in, like straight out the gate. There is no messing around here.
Speaker 1: And so that was three dogs in one apartment.
Speaker 2: Luckily, his dog Kate, who was on his show, one of his best friends from growing up. Her mom is an angel, the best person ever. She is obsessed with Harley, which is his dog, and now she's obsessed with my dog, and so she babysits like tries to steal them all the time. So Harley was able to stay with her a good amount of the time because it was it was just a lot to have three dogs. But yeah, we were all just like packed in there like sardines and just our stuff is everywhere. We had like a storage unit and we had, you know, stuff still at the house, and we had stuff in the apartment. It was something that I never ever want to do ever again.
Speaker 1: So so how long did that last?
Speaker 2: Like that lasted probably like four months, yeah, which doesn't sound like a long time.
Speaker 1: But it was a long time time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I think back to that time in my life, like I don't even know how.
Speaker 1: So then in four months, like the house was able to be kind of lived in again.
Speaker 2: I lived in. They like closed up all the walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The worst part about home renovations is all of the inside the wall stuff, like the plumbing, the ac all the electrical It takes so long and there's like no satisfaction to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel like so much getting done and then you're like okay, great, like I don't see yeah, I just gave him money and like what did you even do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, that that was rough, But the design part was like so much fun.
Speaker 1: Did you kind of take that over or did you guys both enjoy doing that?
Speaker 2: So I designed basically the whole house, but I will say the house is very quirky. I was like French cottage is kind of like what I'm seeing. He oh my gosh. Love loved it, like loves to go thrifting with me now, like to find antiques. Like it's so excited if he'll find something to like show me. So that was something that I did not know about him that it was like one of the cutest things ever. Is like he really loved everything that I showed him. I wouldn't have expected him to. Like a French cottage themed house.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. And then like, I feel like that's the best thing though, as you're like creating your dream home, both of your visions are coming to life.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah, And he's like my biggest cheerleader. I mean sometimes I'm like, do you actually like what I'm doing? Because he's just anything I do. I mean I could draw a smiley face on the wall and he's like, well, people will come over, Tate did this. Tate drew that smiley face, and I'll be like, Okay, it's not that serious, relax. But yeah, he's like my biggest cheerleader, Like I can do no wrong. He thinks anything that I do is amazing.
Speaker 1: So it's so amazing. Are the renovations almost done? Yeah, like, are you at the home stretch.
Speaker 2: We're at the home stretch, so the inside is basically done. We just had Gaii Alex do two rooms upstairs for us, So I said, the house feels like it's twenty times bigger now because we never went upstairs. There's like a bonus room type thing, and then there's two bedrooms in the bathroom upstairs. But we were just waiting for her to do it, so we just never up there. And now that it's done, I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm like, this house feels like ginormous now, but it's so nice to have, like the entire house no matter where we go, it's like finished. But now we have to do the outside. So if you pull up to our house, you would be like, what is this Like? It looks not cute, yeah, but then you walk in. I love when people haven't been there before and then they walk into They're like, oh my gosh, this is sick, and I'm like, yeah, I know you guys. Yeah, it makes the effect, like the reaction better when they have to see the outside before they walk in.
Speaker 1: Once they see the inside, they know that side. Yeah, it's gonna be just that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're about to start on that.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is going to be your forever home? At least for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Tyler's already like should we get land and like build a house from scratch? I'm like, can we enjoy this for five seconds? Like I will actually jump off a bridge.
Speaker 1: So is he more of like the buy and cell type guy you think? So?
Speaker 2: He has four short term rentals okay that I help him run, and he's on Zillow more than he's on TikTok Instagram any side, Like he loves looking.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's such a good investment and it's just consistent revenue that comes in.
Speaker 2: Yes, so been loving that. He just got his real estate license. Yeah, real estate is definitely something that he's like passionate about.
Speaker 1: It's honestly also just such a good license to have. Yes, you don't need to go to college or anything. You know, it's a real estate license. And as long as you have that charisma and way of talking. I feel like real estate is a great field for a lot of people who are really good at talking and can sell something, which are social and outgoing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's also a lot of people who maybe didn't love school, but they are They have such a good personality and can talk, and that's why I think real. My boyfriend has his real estate license too. I'm like, yeah, you start using it more. I was like, it's really like so good.
Speaker 2: But it is so good to just have. Like Tyler would always say, people sometime like every now and then a couple times a year reach out to him like where they should buy in Jupiter. Every time he would be like, oh, why don't I have my real estate license? Now? He has four short term rentals, he has the house we live in, Like, he's also always you know, buying homes and instead of you know, giving that commission away, he could just do it himself, so which is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I mean Christianize how him the same thing. He yearly pays his MLS, like, always renews it. Yeah, has his real estate license no matter what, even though if he's not using it at the time. Now that my friends are starting to look at apartments and move out, because we're at that stage right now where we're all starting to move out and look at places, he was like, incredible, I could show everyone in the New Jersey area get the commission and it's so handy.
Speaker 2: Yes, how long have you guys been dating?
Speaker 1: We've been together since we were nineteen.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went through ups and downs as well, of course, but we've been on the steady road for a while now, so yeah, it's like that whole transition, which is crazy of like, okay, leaving the nest suit, Yeah, moving out, especially just because of my work. It's all in the city. So I'm in Jersey, which isn't bad in retrospect. If you're just living in Jersey and you want to go out in the city for a night, okay, totally manageable. But when I'm here every day, every day, Yeah, and going back and forth, driving in and out, paying the parking garage fees, you know, risk and getting street parking tickets, just all of the things, I'm like, this is not worth it. I rather live in you know, Jersey City, which is you know, a little more reasonable rent than obviously living in New York City. But then you have the luxury of taking the path, which is twenty minutes you know, you're in the it's very easy, you know, public transportation to get into the city from Jersey City or Hoboken. That's where I'm like, Okay, when my friend just said this to me today, Gia, don't go crazy on an apartment yet, like get a one bedroom just literally make it a space where you can spend two or three nights a week there and then when you want to come home, you come home, but at least so you're not lugging yourself back and forth into the city every day. And I was like, whoa, that was like the smartest thing you ever said, just to have a place to just go back to, especially like a day like today, like you know, filming podcasts today, I have Amazon right after this, and then I have a red carpet at night. Yeah, those little in between hours would be so nice to like go home and refresh myself. It's happening very soon. So where does your career stand now? I know you and Tyler kind of work together on social media. How has your career evolved over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. So my resume is wild. Worked with horses in Texas. Before I moved to Florida, I worked with cutting horses, and then once I moved here, I was a personal shopper at Bloomingdale's.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I worked at a little boutique underneath the creative director, which was more my speed because it get to just like style how I wanted for like fashion shows and whatnot that they did and photo shoots, and then I kind of went into doing the social media for Tyler and during the show, I came on to do social media, and then it evolved where, oh, the budget wasn't being tracked correctly, so I was like everyone's panicing. I'm like, I'll take that on too. And then it was like one thing after the other, like oh, we need people like to stay late to like help get this house ready for a reveal. It's like, okay, I'll do that. So then I kind of all started to pile on. Now I think I kind of do that same kind of thing. How I just kept piling things on.
Speaker 1: You're kind of managing everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I helped manage the short term rentals that Tyler has. We obviously do social media, which I'm just now trying to get familiar with, like the social media thing. And it was like for so long we kept our relationship pretty secret. For like the first year, it was so much easier just to like film him doing stuff. And now it's like he's like we'll get in and get in it, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, did you guys reveal? Your relationship or did the public There.
Speaker 2: Was always like tiktoks and stuff, like I think it was after our friend's wedding. There was a video of him and I dancing, and well.
Speaker 1: Whoever was at that wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little switch. Well you know we posted it, yeah, yeah, little wedding somewhat out of you, Like, our friends sent us like a video of us dancing and it was cute, and so we ended up posting it. And that was kind of like the hard launch. We didn' kiss or anything in it, but it was very obvious. That's kind of how we launched. But yeah, the social media thing is still getting in the groove of it, slowly but surely learning, Like people are going to say good things, people are going to say bad things. People are gonna have opinions about this, and you're dead. Yeah, so you just kind of have to like let it just go.
Speaker 1: But I mean you saw it from a behind the scenes perspective because you like, we're filming Tyler and yes, managing his social media, so you I'm sure we're seeing the comments about him, But then so did that kind of pair you.
Speaker 2: A little bit? He has very few negative comments, like it is nice, so nice and every once in a while, like someone will say something negative, but for the most part, like people just love him. So yeah, when when he started to post me, I think.
Speaker 1: The girls that were probably jealous are like, you're taking my mad.
Speaker 2: Well honestly too, Like I kind of assumed, like like I'm confident in myself, but there's always going to be the people to bring up, like the ex girlfriends and stuff. I mean, he has beautiful ex girlfriends, Like I take that more as a compliment, like, hey, I'm a part of this group of beautiful people, and people just try to like switch it into like a negative.
Speaker 1: Thing and compare and try to like yes.
Speaker 2: And I think like the craziest thing when I started to get people a little bit of a following is just people basically talking about you, like in front of you, essentially, like on my page on my post, like she is this and this and this she is. I'm like, why are you saying she like you are? I'm right here. Is when you get like a little bit of a following, I think people forget like, hey, you're actually commenty and like on their posts like they're seeing it. So when you're saying like she's so ugly or this or that. It's like you're just talking to me. Yeah, So that's part was like bizarre to me because normally before I had a little bit of a following, it was just my family like, oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, you look so cute, like you look oh my gosh, that's so funny Tate, where instead of like a secret message portal where they like, she is this than this where they don't, like they're on Reddit and I can't see who they are.
Speaker 1: So oh literally was that hard for you though, kind of adjusting from seeing Tyler's past and being so comfortable with him to now, did that ever make you worry some a little bit for your relationship?
Speaker 2: No, because which people might think I'm crazy for saying that, but I've seen Tyler like the ebbs and flows of like who he is as a person, always a great person. But there's definitely like he loved being in the streets when he was in the streets, like he always says that, like you can't take me out of the streets, Like he loved me out of the town, loved staying out all night, like he was living it up. And I think because I saw that stage of his life and I also saw him after the show kind of dim from.
Speaker 1: That, like maybe he had his fun. Yeah he's calmed down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we will get fro yo, we will cuddle in bed, we will put on the show that we're watching.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of I feel like this is most boys. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I mean I at least dealt with this with my boyfriend too, you know, especially because we dated when we were so young and everything happened. But like every boy, especially, you know, when they're attractive and they get the attention from other females, they're gonna have their time where they want to go all out. Yeah, so have your fun, go be a dog, do what you need to do. But then when they find their person, I feel like they don't see a need to do it anymore. And you feel that security as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is like a feeling. And I mean, like I said, Tyler's an open book. And when I say that, I mean like because I help him with so much work stuff, Like my MacBook has his phone number on it, so I see all of his text messages because I need codes all the time, Like I have his email hooked up. I am logged into his Instagram because I did his social media, like he would have to be very sneaky, but it's also.
Speaker 1: Trying to do something, yes, but.
Speaker 2: There's also never been any sort of conversation around that. It just always was that because it was always not a big deal. And I think the one thing about Tyler is he was in the streets and he was being crazy, but like he knew that he wasn't going to enter in a relationship if he was in that stage of life, which why I think it took, you know, months for him to be like, Hey, you're my girlfriend, because I do think he cared about me so much that he was like, if I'm going to do this, I need to be absolutely sure because she's my friend first and foremost, and I'm not going to go into this unless I actually am like all in one hundred percent. So I appreciate him for that.
Speaker 1: Also, I know that on Tyler's show Going On with Tyler Cameron, he also referenced that you really remind him of his mom, which I thought was so sweet and probably one of the biggest compliments you could have ever received. So I feel like that's your takeaway, Like you're the one.
Speaker 2: No, he is taking me home. No, that is seriously. Any time that he says it, because I've heard him say it a few times, it hits the same every time. It is the way that he speaks about her and who she is and just how he lights up, like any time that he gets to talk about her. The fact that he would have put me anywhere in the same stratosphere as her is like such a compliment.
Speaker 1: So where do you think you see you and Tyler within the next five years.
Speaker 2: I hope it's married with babies. He wants like five children and I am thirty one. House. Oh I love it, Oh you want it. I have always wanted a big family, but I also thought I would have had children by now, which I didn't want to start having kids till I was like twenty nine thirty. Anyways, I mean you're still so young. I'm still so young. Yeah, but thirty one and then you're popping out five. I'm like, that is a lot.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're pushing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, may we're pushing it. Maybe we go back to four. But no, I would love to have a big family.
Speaker 1: Like basically all of your thirties, you're going to be sober popping out here.
Speaker 2: Yes, now hopefully we can get some twins in there.
Speaker 1: So just like is that in your family?
Speaker 2: Yes, my papa is a twin, so it does skip a generation. Yeah, yeah, so who knows, But yes, I would love to be married with kids, which we do talk about. So I think it's on the radar with him, probably like five years, but you know, we'll get there. I'm confident we'll get there.
Speaker 1: It sounds like I would be like such a beautiful couple. Do you think you want to raise your kids in Florida?
Speaker 2: I'm always open. He loves stupidter yeh. I'm more so he grew up in yes, born and raised, loves it. I'm more something, you know, opportunity or whatever was to lead us somewhere else, Like I think I would be good to move. But I do love Jupiter. I love the kids growing up there, Like these little kids are like taking out their dad's boat, like they're all running around surfing.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's just such a cool vibe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the kids there, like they have a really cool childhood.
Speaker 1: Like jeeves with no time, like put the.
Speaker 2: Top down, beach bonfires in high school. There's land and stuff like one way and then there's the ocean other way. So like the high school kids are like mudding with their friends one weekend and they're like going to the beach the next weekend. So there's a little bit of everything. So it's a very fun, cool place to grow up.
Speaker 1: You guys would have like the most gorgeous blonde babies, little surfers, they would yet in the Florida vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe one day.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Well, that's all I have for you. Thank you so much for coming on my podcast. This was such a fun Episod said, and I wish you and Tyler nothing but the best. You guys sound like such a beautiful couple. Hopefully we'll go out sometimes we'll go to