Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, Thanks for joining us for today's Morning Run. It's Wednesday, June twenty fifth. I'm Amy Roboch.
Speaker 2: And I'm TJ. Holmes and on the run this morning, Robes. We just listened to the President a short time ago making comments about what's happening between Iran and Israel, and in true Trump fashion, he compared them to kids fighting on a playground, which for a lot of people that might make sense. He said, sometimes you just gotta let him go for two or three minutes and then you go break them up. He said, these two folks don't want to fight no more. We let them fight for two or three minutes. Now we stepped in, how do you like that analogy?
Speaker 1: One way to put it, I guess seems a little rudimentary, but okay.
Speaker 2: But it works. Whatever he said, something right now is working. But yes, the ceasefire at this point is holding.
Speaker 1: Also this morning, speaking of maybe the verbide you use on a playground, the leaker is a loser. The White House is fuming over a leaked intelligence report that suggests the US airstrikes only set run back by a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Also this morning, the easing tensions in the Middle East and word of a possible interest rate cut sent stocks on their way to a new high. Also a shocking shakeup in New York mayoral politics. A thirty three year old social media savvy candidate claims victory over a guy with the last name Cuomo.
Speaker 1: And this may be the final day of an oppressive and now deadly heat wave that has impacted more than one hundred and fifty million Americans, and just thirty minutes to defend Ditty, the defense wasted no time before resting its case as Sean Combe's criminal trial enters its final phase.
Speaker 2: Plus, we heard from Combs himself in court yesterday delivering a personal message to the judge something he's been wanting to say for a while. And is Bezos really taking his party somewhere else? A protest group is claiming their efforts are working and forced venue changes for the billionaire's wedding weekend, and our love Island fans spreading hate. The show itself sure thinks so, and it's issued a gentle reminder to viewers. Islanders are people too, They sure are.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I appreciate the warning. I think it's about time. Sometimes people think they have license to say whatever they want about whomever they want. And I liked the gentle reprimand you know.
Speaker 2: The idea that we need to remind people to be nice on a show called Love Island is amazing.
Speaker 1: Both the irony. We'll get into that shortly, all right, but we do begin our run with the latest overseas. Per usual, words like shaky and fragile are being used to describe a Middle East ceasfire. But you know what matters. The ceasefire appears to be holding for now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iran and Israel appear to be honoring the Trump broker deal and finally stopped firing missiles at each other yesterday. This was after a public and profane scolding from President Trump, who told reporters he wasn't happy with Iran or Israel because both appear to have violated the ceasefire deal soon after Trump announced it.
Speaker 1: You men that it was profane. So these are Trump's words, This is what he had to say. We basically have two countries that have been fighting for so long and so hard that they don't know what the fuck they're doing. Whoo. And while everybody claimed some sort of little victory. Talks between Iran and the US on a long term peace deal are ongoing and have been called promising by the administration.
Speaker 2: That will continue on the run here on this Wednesday morning. With a complete obliteration or a temporary setback, It's got to be one of the other. Those two things don't go together. The White House is pushing back on a leaked Defense Department assessment of the damage done to the Iran nuclear program. According to this report, the attacks may have only set back Iran's program by a few months.
Speaker 1: The Defense Intelligence Agency report suggests that significant damage was done, but that the primary facilities were not destroyed. It also said Iran might have moved much of its enriched uranium before the attack, and that the centrifuges needed to need to enrich a uranium were largely still intact.
Speaker 2: Hey the White House, though blasting the leak, the leaker the report itself, President Trump pushed back with this fake new CNN, together with the failing New York Times, have teamed up in an attempt to demean one of the most successful military strikes in history. The nuclear sites in or On are completely destroyed. Both the Times and CNN are getting slammed by the public. He said that own social.
Speaker 1: Media, all right. The White House Process Secretary added to it, saying the alleged assessment is flat out wrong and was classified as top secret, but was still leaked to CNN by an anonymous low level loser in the intelligence community, and just a short time ago, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said a leak investigation is now underway.
Speaker 2: This was a top secret report, This wasn't supposed to get out, So this is a pretty big no no. But they claim this is one of several assessments that they use. It wasn't supposed to get out, and it also included this may have happened, and it may have done more significant damage. But they think this was a specific, politically motivated leak, a very particular information.
Speaker 1: That sounds like that's probably the case. It does seem to be politically motivated if they only leaked the worst report possible.
Speaker 2: If they find out who did this, can you imagine what Trump is possibly yes going to say and do.
Speaker 1: With his bass more than a loser?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. All right, we'll continue on the run now, and the promising piece in the Middle East has boosted stocks here at home, along with the little help from the Federal Reserve.
Speaker 1: The ceasefire between Iran and Iraq, and the Fed chair's comments about a possible interest rate cut in July sent the US stock market soaring on Tuesday. Futures are up today, sending the markets towards an all time high.
Speaker 2: Jerome Powell, who was a favorite punching bag of Donald Trump, he told lawmakers Tuesday, if it turns out that inflation pressures do remain contained, then we will get to a place where we cut rates sooner rather than later. He didn't offer a specific timeline, but his comment spurred optimism among investors' situation in the Middle East brought relief that the war between Israel and Aram where Iran would not damage the flow of crude oil to the world. So oil prices dropped the markets.
Speaker 1: Sword that's right. The SMP climbed more than one percent, the Dow Jones jumped up more than five hundred points that one point two percent higher, and the Nasdaq rallied up one point four percent.
Speaker 2: The next leg of our run brings us here to New York City, and what the actual hell just happened in the New York mayoral Democratic primary, a thirty three year old self described Democratic socialist Zoron Mamdani, declared victory after an upstart and social media savvy campaign.
Speaker 1: Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he called and conceded the race. Mamdani got forty four percent of the vote last night. Cuomo got thirty six percent, But because Mamdani did not get fifty percent of the vote, he is not officially the victor because of New York's rank choice voting, a system that allows the bottom chier candidate's votes to be redistributed to the top vote getters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of confusing for us who live here. It's confusing certainly to folks who don't live here. But bottom line, after all this said and done with the calculations, he's not expected to get out of the top spot. So for now he is the Democratic nominee for mayor here in New York. Now, Cuomo might not be done, though he is already qualified to appear on the ballot as an independent in the general election. He says he's already considering doing that. He's going to get with his folks and see if there's a path for him do that. But can you imagine Cuomo, Mam Donnie rematge. But also you.
Speaker 1: Got Eric Adams. That'll be a heck of a vote. You know, you and I don't always vote, And a lot of times it was for journalistic reasons, but we were saying we might actually vote in this one. It's gotten so contentious, right, this might have risen to the level all right? Next up on the run, it looks like, thank god, this is the final day of an oppressive, record setting and now deadly heat wave for more than one hundred and fifty million Americans. Wednesday, tens of millions of people had to endure temperatures near or above one hundred degrees over the past three days. More than one hundred and fifty record highs have been set.
Speaker 2: And a Missouri woman died in her home from the heat. This doesn't make sense to me. She was living without water and no air conditioning for three days. It's Tara. That is an awful, awful wait to go here. In New York City, the oh JFK Airport reached a record of one hundred and two degrees, hottest temperature ever recorded in June. Multiple power outages the Oh Power company con ed here in New York sent customers a warning. I got that warning as well, did I.
Speaker 1: We're at capacity to like unplug all of your appliances. That's where we were. But thank goodness, we did not lose power here, but some people did. Thousands of people did here in New York City. Baltimore reached one hundred and five degrees, smashing an earlier record of one hundred and one back in twenty ten. Newark, New Jersey, had a record setting temperature of one hundred and three degrees, breaking the record of ninety seven from nineteen sixty six. Boston swared to one hundred and two, breaking its record of ninety five. These are not records that were broken. They were smashed, they were shattered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and those were actual temperatures, right, And then there's the feel like temperatures out there. These will blow your mind. Philly one hundred and six, Boston hundred and six, Charleston hundred and six, Saint Louis won O five, Charlotte won O five, Nashville one O four, Memphis one O four. Temperatures began to slightly cool from yesterday. We're gonna get some relief here in New York the high is going to be ninety seven. Only that's awesome, But yeah, they're still gonna have record highs today in places like DC and Philly. Relief finally comes Thursday, we're told, and then it actually gets cool for some cities. High on Friday in New York seventy one, yes, Boston just sixty eight.
Speaker 1: This is wild, wild weather, and especially for June. All right, next up on the run, we're gonna stay here in New York City. Time for testimony is over. As expected, The prosecution and the defense rested in the Diddy trial yesterday. The prosecution's case took seven weeks and thirty four witnesses. The defense's case took about thirty minutes and zero witnesses.
Speaker 2: He said did He's legal team didn't call one person to the stand to defend him. They only presented a few exhibits into the record, and that was It didn't take long. Even though he didn't testify in his own defense, the courtroom heard directly from Sean Combs yesterday. There's a standard procedure and trials the judge needed to confirm with the defendant Combs about his decision not to testify. On his own behalf.
Speaker 1: The judge first asked did he how he was doing, and he responded, I'm doing great. Thank you you, Ronor. I've been waiting to tell you. Thank you. You're doing an excellent job. Sorry, that still cracks me up. About his decision to not testify, he added, we have discussed thoroughly. That is my decision. That is totally my decision I am making.
Speaker 2: Can't believe testimony is over in this case. The jury is off today while attorneys and the judge meet to hash out jury instructions. Closing arguments will take place on Thursday's schedule to start at nine am, but the prosecutors now say this might go into Friday with the closing arguments, and is predicting that the jury now is not going to start deliberating until next Monday. So the schedule has shifted a lot in the past couple of weeks, fairly dramatically. With got a holiday, a jury got kicked off, another jury got sick, some of the testimony went longer than expected. So this thing is really messing with the timeline.
Speaker 1: But it might end up wrapping if the jury can come to an agreement by what the judge was hoping for the July fourth, which is next Friday.
Speaker 2: We shall see. Well, folks, stay with us here on this Wednesday Morning Run. Billionaire Bezos is about to have a wedding and some group that's been protesting the wedding there in Venice said they have forced him to make a venue change. Also, we love some Love Island, so why are its fans spreading hate?
Speaker 1: Stay with us, Welcome back to this Wednesday edition of Morning Run, and this is kind of our love block because we're gonna with a lot of hate. Though is hateful? Right? You wish that it wouldn't It isn't so, but that's exactly what we're going to tell you about. Next up on the Run, we're heading to Venice, Italy, where a group called No Space for Bezos is claiming victory and says they have forced Jeff Bezos to alter some of his wedding plans.
Speaker 2: So they claim Bezos and his fiancee, Lauren Sangez have changed the venue for one of their wedding celebrations. As guests have begun to arrive for a three day celebrity affair in and around Venice, the No Space for Bezos group planned a blockade of inflatable crocodiles on the Famed Canals at a location where Bezos was rumored to be having a post wedding party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the group saying this we won. The protests managed to ruin bezos plans. They were forced to flee and take refuge okay, somewhere else. Even bezos two yachts will not arrive in Venice. So the details, what will we do? I know, Oh, no, they have all been He's taking refuge. Okay, I don't really think that's what's happening. The details of bezos wedding plans have been tightly held, so we're not sure exactly what's happening. But it's believed that the celebrations officially begin tomorrow on Thursday. There will be about two hundred or so wedding guests that include Elon Musk, Kim Kardashian, Evaka. Trump apparently has already arrived in Venice, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mick Jagger, just to name a few of the big name celebrities.
Speaker 2: Are we surprised this hasn't been talked about? Would Trump show up?
Speaker 1: You know who knows? Can you get there from the Netherlands? He's not that far.
Speaker 2: He's not he's in that Wait a second.
Speaker 1: Ah, you never know, and you.
Speaker 2: Heard it here first. I would not be surprised if he showed me.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't either.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, where are they gonna put Air Force one in Venice? Though?
Speaker 1: They'll find a way, man, they will.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that guest list, as you just said, DiCaprio, Jagger, Trump and whatnot. Guest lists like that, no surprise. Estimated ninety five private planes are reported to be landing at the city's airports. Believe the couple will exchange vowels on Friday, big party. Then on Saturday, protesters say, instead of the planned alligator blockade, now they are going to organize a no Bezos, no War march in town. Look, you understand they they think their town is beautiful, history has been tainted by billionaires using it as their playground and their backdrop. You can understand. That's fine, it's but I don't know, it's another highlights another focus on Venice.
Speaker 1: It seems like that, Yeah, you know, I get it, but I also what a stain on your wedding And it's just tough to know that everyone in the city wants you to leave and doesn't want you there, but it has to be giving. I would think a tremendous amount of financial gain for the city with all of those folks coming spending a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Didn't they say they were a city using eighty percent of everything being used for the wedding.
Speaker 1: Was locally They were trying to be giving the city a boost while they were enjoying the beauty and history of the city.
Speaker 2: Everything. Eighty percent of everything they're using for the wedding, they said, is locally sourced.
Speaker 1: Sounds tough to be a billionaire. Everyone hates you, don't they all? Right? Next up on the Run, a lot of love has been lost on Love Island. This is our final leg of the run. And you know, we love this show and we know things can get intents at the villa, but apparently enough fans at home have become a bit too passionate about their opinions of certain Islanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how Areono Maddox put it. She's the host of the show. She and the show trying to push back on a lot of online hate, as they put it, that has been directed towards some of the contestants to use the show posted this on X quote, we appreciate the fans, the passion for the series, and the amazing group of Islanders who are sharing their summer with us. Please just remember their real people, So let's be kind and spread the love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems as though some fans have gone beyond just the comment pages. Maddox went to ask people to stop contacting people's families. She said, don't be doxing people. Don't be going on Islanders' pages and saying rude things. Wtf is doxing? Did you know what doxing was?
Speaker 2: No, I've heard it before, throwing it Yeah, but I couldn't have thrown it. I couldn't have used it in.
Speaker 1: A sentence, So I've never even heard it. I'm I'm that out of touch. So I had to look it up. And so in case any of you listening don't know what doxing is either, here is the official definition. The action or process of searching for and publishing private or identifying information about a particular individual on the Internet, typically with malicious intent, So.
Speaker 2: Like looking up someone's phone number or their address and putting it out there for all to see.
Speaker 1: That kind yeah, and finding out looking to see any of their past history and putting it out there like just anything they can get on any of these folks to make them look bad or sound bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's a suggestion that Maddox is making delete that stuff now while you have a chance. You have to remember, if you're watching the show, they have not had a phone. They have no idea what's going on in the world, so they don't know how they're being talked about. They don't know any of these comments are out there. They said, hey, you have a chance to delete some of this stuff before they actually get their hands on their phone again. You have a chance to make it right. So they did put a message in. It was kind of embedded, I think in a commercial break during one the last.
Speaker 1: It was last night, So last night, last night episode.
Speaker 2: This is what it said. The keyword in Love Island is love. We love our fans, we love our Islanders. We don't love cyber bullying, harassment or hate.
Speaker 1: You know some of I saw online, some of even former boyfriends. A baby daddy of one of these contestants got on and said, hey, please do not talk about my child's mother like this. This is going to affect her mental health if she sees this when she gets off the island, and that will affect my child's mental health. People don't realize, you know, what this does to folks when they especially, they have no idea what's being said. They get back from this and they see all of this hate, their children, their families. It affects more than just the person. It affects everyone who loves them.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to put it. A mother, right, Yes, so it's going to affect my child's mother. You need to think of it that way. They we all see them as what islanders. You have to call them something other than human beings to talk about people this way. They're just islanders. I just please. And you know what. The message they put on social media saying hey, people be nice, you know what, it was met with a bunch of hate. Gosh, all the comments coming back. I can't believe y'all let those people be beat up on. And it was pretty consistent. I read through for a little while. There were very few positive messages responses to that.
Speaker 1: I was so hopeful. I'm still hopeful. Maybe people will have a second thought, they'll wake up and feel like being not even kind, just not mean, how about that? All right, that's a really low bar, right, but that's where we are now. Really, it's so true, and it's all done with anonymity. Ain't that great to just throw your hate while living in your I guess non glass house because no one knows who you are or where you are. But just imagine if that were you? All right, on this Wednesday, we would like to set you off on the day with our quote of the day. Here it is for you and from someone maybe unexpected.
Speaker 2: You know what I am going to start with. Who gives the quote first? Well, I don't think we ever do that. This comes from the great Will Smith. Okay, this is what Will Smith has for you today. Quote stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. Those are good words from the Fresh Perce.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, it spoke to me when we were writing and researching the Bezos and the Love Island story, and then I just happened to see this quote and I just felt like, for the folks who might be the recipients of some of this hate, this might make you feel a little bit better, But for everyone who goes through a day, and lets what other people think or say affect them in tremendous ways, and all of us do it. It's really hard to rise above it sometimes and to not take it personally and to not have that effect how you feel about yourself. So I just loved what Will Smith had to say. He's certainly gone through his share of online hate. Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feeling and emotions. Thank you, Will Smith, and thank you for listening to us everyone on this still steamy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be in my head all that get jiggyated.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. All right, I'm Amy Robots and I am d J.
Speaker 2: Holmes. We will see you all very soon.