Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Carol Master at long with Tim's Stanovic Life here at Bloomberg headquarters in New York City. Let's take look at some stocks on the move with us is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Nora Melinda joining us here in studio. Dollar General man on a tear?
Speaker 2: How long is a taire?
Speaker 4: It's up as much as sixteen percent of about fifteen percent right now. It's the biggest gator in the S and P five hundred right now, best performing stock. And of course this is after an increase and boosted its annual guidance. And they're saying that this is due to them luring more higher income shoppers that are looking for deals. So they're also mentioning that their core customer base is feeling a bit financially strapped, but they're saying that they're able to actually entice those middle and higher income buyers that are looking for some deals there.
Speaker 1: So maybe these buyers are leaving where they traditionally would shop, such as like a Target or something right, and trading down, Yes.
Speaker 4: And that's essentially what they're saying here. And then also they're saying that they don't really expect to have much of an effect for tariffs, which of course is really huge and that was really good news. They're saying they expect to mitigate a significant amount of the tariffs that are currently in place. And when you look at it against its peers, I mean you have Dollar Tree, of course that's also gaining off of this news, but I mean we're looking at Dollar General up about forty seven percent so far this year, and that's against Dollar Tree, which is up about twenty nine percent so far for the same period.
Speaker 1: Cheryl, this is wild because we're seeing a lot of different signals being sent. We're seeing some on some levels the consumers strong. On other levels, we're seeing wait a second, even the consumers who traditionally would not shop at a store such as this, Yeah, are trading down and looking for deals. And that's essentially what the CEO said, They're looking for deals amid a weekning amid weekening sentiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I find that interesting. Remember we've talked about this in the past, where we've seen kind of a wealthier consumer also, you know, shopping at places where they look for a deal. We should point out too that Dollar Tree reports its results before the market opened tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Nor The company also said about twenty five percent of the retailer's customers have less income than they did last year. That's a survey that they did.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's so interesting and I'm curious if you were to pop over there is everything still a dollar or I can tell you that we're pushing above now it's just called.
Speaker 3: Hey, stocks up almost thirty percent year to date, but again, a lot of that's probably because of today's move. Let's go to a big story of the day. One of the most read on the Bloomberg has to do with what's going on with nuclear stocks.
Speaker 4: Yes, so we're seeing nuclear stocks that have been getting a pop today. I've pretty much got eyes on Consolation Energy. We did see it up as much as nine percent earlier, but we are seeing it sharply pairing its gains. When I last checked, it was in the red. But this is after Consulation Energy was in the news because it struck a deal with Meta Platforms, and some are saying that this deal could be bigger than the one that they had with Microsoft. So it's interesting that we are seeing the stock here in the red right now. But essentially the AI boom is sending demand for nuclear power soaring. And this is a twenty year contract that they're going to be having here. It's expected to kick off in mid twenty twenty seven. So lots to keep an eye on in this space. And I mean, if you look at the year to date performance up forty percent, I love.
Speaker 3: This story, you know. I two was looking at the Nuclear Stocks group because some of the names held onto their games. It was interesting to see Constellation Energy, which actually did the deal rally and then pull off that level. So we're seeing it a little bit lower as we speak. Where do you want to go?
Speaker 1: I want to go to Broadcon because we're expecting to hear from the company this week exactly.
Speaker 4: And as we're looking at shares today, they're hitting your highest interning level ever. And this is after the company began shipping a new version of its data center switch chips. It's called the Tomahawks six and the new chip is expected to boost efficiency of AI accelerators and they say that it can do the work of six previous versions, So it sounds like a pretty strong thing here that we have going. But customers are saying, we'll pay about twice as much as the old one. That's nearly twenty thousand dollars a piece.
Speaker 1: That's of course take our a the Goo and Constellation is CEG as well. Interesting to see Broadcom getting having the buying.
Speaker 4: Lately, right right, I mean, it's definitely interesting, especially when we're looking at a performance against a lot of its peers. I mean, of course, everyone's always has their eyes on Nvidia when we think about those in the semiconductor space, and especially as people are really parsing through their earnings that they.
Speaker 2: Had last week.
Speaker 4: So lots to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.