Speaker 1: Ladies and Gentlemen, Episode two twenty seven of this podcast is now starting right now.
Speaker 2: Dude, excuse you a little fit.
Speaker 3: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Your horse raise your voice did raise? You got a little jolt in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my peck I think flinched a little bit. I scared my daughter last night, big time. I tell you would never get scared on the road. And that's the Chevy Silverado. Dude, you know where truck guy's throw and through and the Chevy Silverado has been in partner with Unstoppable Grit and a termination. It's been our most valuable truck. And now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise.
Speaker 2: We got to see this thing in action. Let me tell you something. It is a game change.
Speaker 1: Available forwdired mile range Gmsmate on a full charge over. Wait, you got ten feet of length in the bed with the multiplex tailgate combined with a multiplex midgate large seventeen inch diagonal screen display screen, it can tow up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixty and under four point five seconds with wow mode. My forty time there it is up to an impressive seven hundred and eight eighty five pounds of torque.
Speaker 2: They repeat that one. I want a little bit more enthusiasm. You kind of did it with an exhale up tune.
Speaker 1: Impressive up to an impressive seven hundred and eighty five pounds of torque. Head over to chippy dot com to learn more. First things on the docket, boys and girls. You might be looking at us and going, what the fuck, dude. We've seen you guys all of may getting double pieces in their left, right and center. We've got enough of the boys. We want to see more guests. We want to see more football guys. We fucking tried. I think that's true. But I think a lot of the OG's out there they don't mind this. You know they don't mind mind it cause you see him in the comments they getting they getting no, he's in the comments.
Speaker 2: They're about it. They're about letting us. They'll give us some validation.
Speaker 1: That's the foundation pieces we've been just been stacking over and over like Lincoln logs. Dude, we are making something beautiful here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, the podcast gods are they're trying to take us out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Podcast gods have been very difficult with this. Recently, we were supposed to have Delaney Walker on today. Delaney Walker, he's somewhere in the air right now. Who knows his flights were getting delayed last night and got the text it like what was that midnight when he said, I'm it's not looking good getting rerouted l A or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did wake up to a That was not a good way to wake up. I know, remember one reason why not to check your phone immediately when you wake up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin Bier was supposed to that was supposed to work out.
Speaker 3: At one point.
Speaker 2: He had a personal thing he had to drive down to Atlanta Ford that's getting rescheduled, but that's gonna be soon. Jake Cutler, this is this is kind of a which I'm actually glad you said something because breaking news. No, this is.
Speaker 3: We're we're spelling tea which may turn into breaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jay, if you're listening right now, like, let's call spade a spade. You have ghosted us, ghost the fun out of us, buddy. He was all about coming on the pod. We talked about it to what we talked about June seventh.
Speaker 3: Walked it in. Yeah, he was a ultimal confirmation.
Speaker 2: He was all four Yes, I texted him man, no response, text him again, shot him the eyes on the next day or after good. I think I gave it a good eight nine hour cushion. Shot him the eyes, no response. Then I followed the girl, right, yeah, not his girl, but his like manager this yeah, yah yeah, And I was like, hey, you heard anything from Jay and she was like, oh no, this is you know, not the not the she's kind of his all right, he's already catching heat right now. Yeah. Yeah, because we were into the I know he's a fan of this show and he's a lot to have, like all the dad content that we talk about. But then I followed up the morning of like, all right, like boys, because I'm updating the chat. The guys want to know, Hey, what's time we going? What' time we going? I'm gonna let you guys know. I was like, uh, I shot him in text the morning of because I was like, guys, I'm I'm truly I'm getting ghosted by Jay, like he has responded. Deirdre's not like she hasn't heard nothing either, And I said him to text him the next morning. I was a is this if this has anything to do with twenty fifteen Washington at Chicago when I called out your Joe break screen and we ended up winning the game. I think it's been long enough. We can let bike guns speed byke guns. Still no response, I haven't heard. That was the last text I heard of the Dagger, though he probably was about to respond. Then he had to bring that back up, reopen that one. That's a tough one for him. That'll be fun to you know, if he ever when he does, when he does, I think when he comes, I think we will come.
Speaker 1: But I did stop tweet the boy. I reached out to Kristin Cavalari and I did say, is that her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I said, I get.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, yeah, just subliminal, subliminal. And then people are like, hey, don't come out Jay like that. And I'm like, if you guys only knew what the damage you did to us, you know.
Speaker 2: But all to day we've it's been It's a touslot here in these podcasts. You're trying to get guests on, trying to book guests, get them, schedules move, schedules change, flights change, apparently.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what the good news is is mid and June is gonna be We're gonna have more podcasts than we know what to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're about to get in the tight end you right now, you've got tight end you coming up, Nascar, Barcel bar opening up.
Speaker 1: We got a twisted announcement. I'm very soon going to be Electric City. Dude, it's gonna be awesome. We got obviously Berre Olympics was happening, and so that's that's gonna be a buzz of the town. That's a buzz of the town right now. I'm gonna be honest with a lot of people come up to me and say, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Can I get on them? It's not gonna happen. Brother, I had a list you've put out like you haven't put out a list, but you're saying, like to get in, you gotta be on the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's gonna be legit, legitimate security.
Speaker 2: This is the Drake, This is Drake, this is yeah Wordrake Wen Drake Ward. You don't have to be like those guys out there this time, but the people are. I'll be.
Speaker 1: I will be at the mall for whatever reason. I'm at the mall and I'll be stopped people asking can I come. I've left other people on red. I've ja cutlered. Other people kind of just ghosted them because they're like talking to me and also on hey let me come to.
Speaker 2: The Beer Olympics. I'm like, oh, this is what you wanted. This is the end of that conversation. Yeah, I have to fucking just get out of there, get out of my own DM. Yeah.
Speaker 1: People people want to be a part of it. I get it. It's gonna be massive. Yes, some people were saying it's bigger than the super Bowl some people. But I'm just it's gonna be a big it's gonna it's a big fucking deal.
Speaker 3: That is gonna be a good time. Though.
Speaker 2: What do we got twelve teams right now? Twelve teams? We have twelve teams, twelve teams locked is added.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was like a right towards the end there when we were really finalizing everything, guys weren't getting back to me. So I had to reach out to a couple of guys say hey, get your own teammate. It seems like this guy's not coming. Now we got two guys that are back in, so they became a team. It's a it's a lot of work, dude, it's a lot of work getting.
Speaker 2: Beer Olympics together. But it's gonna be I think better than either one of us expect.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the delay out the games that are gonna be playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can talk about that. So are we ready to talk about though, because we kind of.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think we got the games all day we start off.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, we'll start off the seat, So we're gonna we're gonna figure out where everybody's at from the get go. We have a three beer chug. You and your partner will both have three beers. You will drink the beers as fast as possible. Hopefully, I'm I'm gonna can get a doss boot situation though, a little tip of the calf the beer fest, and then based on your times you average them.
Speaker 2: You get seated in the first set it in the first tournament. The next game will be flip cup. Now.
Speaker 1: What we haven't really figured out though, is how we're giving out points, because every single game there's gonna be a reseting series.
Speaker 2: First, second, third, fourth, fifth, Yeah, maybe a top five you get points. Top five gets points. Obviously, first you get the most points. Five at the least. If you fall under five, you're not gonna get any points. So in the scoreboard now it'll be kind of like the like golf like PGA Tour, Like people will be moving, slide in the standing. I'm hoping to get a giant board.
Speaker 1: We're can stick on, slide them through, whatever you gotta do, and then have the PGA.
Speaker 2: Sticks with the top three are there?
Speaker 1: You like to have somebody I don't know if it's in the back or we just hire someone to stand there with the stick and it's holding the top three people in the.
Speaker 2: Hey, Garrett, each match going on, you just have the guy holding the stick with the with the four participants. Yeah, that would be a leap. I was talking to you because you love golf. I like you're the golf guy. You're the golf guy. Golf guy. What you have the mic? Yeah, he's gonna chime in. What do you say?
Speaker 4: I don't even think this mic works, does it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The thing that'll be great.
Speaker 4: I think we could find somebody else there to hold the poll.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was more saying it in like a humorous way, like it's.
Speaker 4: Probably honestly, but it reminds me like happy Gilmore. Yeah, that's that's exactly good job.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I think we're doing flip Cup. It's going to be a double elimination.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, remember a couple two three, So you go head to head with the other team obviously two out of three.
Speaker 3: Then after all that.
Speaker 2: Remember you get points, you get seated going on to the next tournament. The next term it will be beer ball, which is an ritible game. That'll be some good arguing, some a lot that would be a that'll be the a lot of shit talking going on in beer ball. I think, yeah, well, you had a big controversial moment last year. Yeah yeah, with Hilliard and Nakeeah.
Speaker 3: I invited nake one to come this year.
Speaker 1: I think he's a little salty because he wasn't invited to be a part of the competition. However, he is invited to witness be a part of the audience people competing in beer Olympics. Now, for those of you who don't know beer ball, those of you who didn't go to college or you know, didn't have fun playing drinking games with your buddies. Beer ball is you have a table, you have four beers, one on each corner. You and your partner are if you have the ball, you're throwing the ball. If it hits the can, your partner drinks the beer as fast as they can until the other team retrieves the ball and puts it on the table. Once it happens, you must stop drinking. First team to finish their two beers win the entire game. That will also be a double elimination. I don't believe it'll be best too out of three, though, it'll be figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's all getting decided. But that's the game. Beer ball is a game.
Speaker 1: Now, this is where the finale, which I you know me, I wanted to chug at the end.
Speaker 3: I wanted to Yeah, why yeah, I understand why the.
Speaker 2: World sitting right next to me, I think it's hard to continue to play that you're not the one of the fast chuggers in the world when you're clearly publicly out there chugging fast a lot.
Speaker 1: That's that's those are all half beers. I've I've been cheating this whole time. I really can't chuggle like that. Okay, are still going to do that?
Speaker 2: All right? Are the fast? I am very very incredibly lightning fast hugging.
Speaker 1: I would I would have liked to have that going in because I'm assuming easily.
Speaker 2: We're making Yeah, yeah, no doubt, and you put it put to you in the finale.
Speaker 1: However, the final games will be and now we're still trying to figure out two out of three.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I think beer pong straight goes single elimination, just the final tournament. However, throughout the chugging, the three beer chugs, flip cup, and beer ball, that's your final seating going into the big dance.
Speaker 3: That's the postseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But here's my here's my my fear of whole thing. Let's say you and I are sitting Let's say Shane and Bert are sitting top three the whole time, and they lose the first round of beer pong.
Speaker 3: It's just no zero points. No, it's not over, but that's zero points. Oh so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean because each each tournament, right, we're getting points, they go into the overall stainings. Right, if you're sitting at number one and somebody's within like within reach, they need you to get out at some point, like maybe somebody needs you to get zero and they need to win the whole thing, and they get five.
Speaker 1: Here's where here's where I want to get back to having a chub at the end, because let's say someone has just won every single game they get first and every single one they cannot be taken out. They don't even have to play beer pong at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get to ship talk the whole time, all the way home. Like man, an, that's climaxic, Like this is it. This is the end. This is for all the marbles right here? I feel like that does it? You're just saying like if you're number one and you end up losing in the beer pong, you won't be in that final tournament. That all. No, there's no, that's the end after beer pong, it's over right, But ultimately it's a stainings type What is what that's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: Like what are they sing?
Speaker 2: It's standing? Yeah, I know what you're saying, Like it's a standings type tournament. It's not a tournament tournament. It's like golf. What do they call that? The board?
Speaker 3: Just a leaderboard. It's a leaderboard tournament, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But then it just finishes. So first, that's not right there would you say? I just repeated what Gary said? Looked at you and JP goes m what a gem.
Speaker 1: I just think there needs to be like a final race, like all the marbles eyes are on the top two, top three teams.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be a choke. You can do something completely different.
Speaker 1: But does anybody ever if we had this conversation, after talking about a little bit more, I'm more convinced than ever there needs to be a finale race.
Speaker 3: We could do like an egg toss. Have we changed anything?
Speaker 2: Everyone's everyone's hammered and we're just do an egg toss or a sack race.
Speaker 1: You guys are getting off track of what we're trying to accomplish at Beer Olympics, are we We're still.
Speaker 3: With Will on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the beer pong because it gives the the arena feel.
Speaker 3: The Arena phil feel.
Speaker 1: But if we come into a situation where first place is already taken the cake, it's over, what's the point of playing beer pong?
Speaker 2: Well, number one, if there's twelve teams, just a first round by so if you're if you're sitting top solo, you're already in the second round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But if you're already top solo and you don't even have to play the beer pong. You can literally get last and you're still gonna win the whole turnament.
Speaker 5: What would it matter if it's a different game.
Speaker 1: The different game, you would take the top three teams of all the points. So if someone's got a hundred points, the next team's got sixty points to that point, the other team was fifty points. You can literally go and be like, hey, this is for these three teams made it to the grand finale of everything.
Speaker 2: Now let's have.
Speaker 4: Like the final for the podium makes yeah, and the podium has like a final game.
Speaker 1: Podium has a final game. Do you see where I'm coming from on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I see what I'm coming from that.
Speaker 2: Yeahah?
Speaker 3: So did I Does that change you guys as thought process at all? Hear me out?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I just want to hear if that just that in general change the thought process?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, that is not helpful at all. And you lean in there and view.
Speaker 2: There to viewers out there too, like drop a comment the YouTube, help us decide this.
Speaker 1: You could very well be over after flip cup and beer ball, like they could just be one and then then you know, second place got last and then they get set.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: The numbers might not add up where they literally, Okay, all way through is place fifth here and we and we want it outright.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I feel I'm alone here, but I feel like I'm making the most sense.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, Maybe what if we make this switch? We go, we go, here's where we here's where it would It would basically nix a game for the entire group.
Speaker 3: But if you did chug.
Speaker 2: Beer ball, then beer pong, and the fine finale is flip Cup. But it's only the top however, many teams and whoever it gets to, whoever wins two first wins huh wins the top one?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like you, you ultimately want the entire thing to go down, but then you want the ultimate arena. This is the championship for all the marbles. Feel at the very end, you can't do that if you're having a moving leader board the entire time. At some point everyone figures it out throughout the season and then you get.
Speaker 3: Seated and it's win or go home.
Speaker 2: But in this case you're talking about you're talking about a number what a playoff situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if that's the case, then a couple of teams can't even make beer pong from the way you're saying it.
Speaker 6: No, No, what I'm saying, vital of it if I don't know how much you've gone into it. But like if you just take the top two teams at the end of whatever the games are, and then they play beer pong against each other for the championship.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, if say, say we're in the league, let's say you're hypothetical that you're.
Speaker 5: Just the last Yeah, just the two teams.
Speaker 2: So essentially, let's say Taylor's worst night Amare comes to life. We're in the league, going into beer pong tournament, we lose round one, we're out zero points. We happen to be we happen to fall to number two team after the whole beer pong tournament. Then I think what you're saying, JP you take the one into if it's still us to play a final game of beer pong, Yeah, to decide the entirety of the game. I want is a championship game at the end. If you want me to corral the entire party and we watch you choke five in a row.
Speaker 3: We can do that. No, no, no, no, it's funny joke.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm also said, I want I've got it, We've got you've really you've ran that home on the referee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you're doing a phenomenal stream it and you're doing a great it's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Everything you do just do there there is so great.
Speaker 1: However, I'm really just trying to say, there needs to be a championship something at the end with that. Okay, so the top two teams will fight for absolutely not a chug. It'll be something completely different than a chug. Here's why we can do we can do uh. I think I think beer pong is.
Speaker 3: You do one final game because then.
Speaker 1: You get like the two and three team that that leaves a lot more room for anticipation going into that last round before the championship round. There just needs to be something that's like, these are the top two teams. This is for all the marbles. The differential points could be fifty. Who knows, I can I can get on board with that. I'm on board with that.
Speaker 2: Alright.
Speaker 3: Whatever reason you gotta think about the beer chug, Well, here's why, Because the beer chug is what you wanted.
Speaker 2: I think there's zero parody and beer chug Like it's like whoever the fastest are they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: Have you not seen beer Fest?
Speaker 2: I've watched beer Fest. What a tie and at the end, what they do.
Speaker 3: Beer? This is a movie.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a movie, like he's not that drunk, like you know, pull.
Speaker 3: It up, pull off the fucking ending scene.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying like flip cup, beer pong, even beer ball like those like level the playing field, Like, yeah, chugging plays a small part, but you gotta have some skill involved, you have some athletic ability. Absolutely, I'm with all of that. That's why I've always played against the beer the beer chrug, because that was your first this recommendation.
Speaker 3: My man's abant to get the EI. We've seen, We've seen beer Fest. We've seen beer Fest.
Speaker 2: They got a tie. And it's such a massive rivalry between Ireland and America or Russia, Germany and America. Germany and America, and the two huggers went toes. That's what I'm saying. So Okay, that's that's why I was so on chugging the beer chug. Do that like last year that looked. Last year when we did the Beer Olympics, it was decided that you had already won, and you still made us do the beer.
Speaker 3: Chuck because that was the ending game. We decided that was the ending game.
Speaker 2: That's okay, but it was over.
Speaker 3: But you're the fastest chugger out there.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the ending beer loom is gonna be fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be the best I do.
Speaker 2: Like the final finale, the top two that came out of the Hunt in Points, they show down in the best beer game out there, beer Pong. Yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about something that's let's just pivot real quick. If you're trying to get ready for the Beer Olympics and you want to feel yourself out, you go to Dollarship. Dollar Shaped Cup Club is an innovative company where that word is that disrupted?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it right?
Speaker 2: Word? Disrupted?
Speaker 1: Disrupted the gave industry over a decade ago and now disrupting the electric grooming category. Dollar Shave Club makes the deliveries high quality shaving and grooming products for both men and women to help you look, feel, and smell your best, trimming your facial hair and balls on the same trimmer as gross is it?
Speaker 2: I have to unpack that in a second.
Speaker 1: See one head for your body and one for your one head for your body and one for your face, with guards for each head.
Speaker 3: It's waterproof and.
Speaker 1: Includes a travel bag, shave in the shower or on the go traveling, et cetera. It's got the led light and a diamond grip on the base. Always see where you're going, never slip up. Great battery ninety minutes of shave time. Go to Dollar Shave Club dot com use prode promo code bustin to get fifteen dollars off the new double header electric trimmer. Limited time only offer expires June thirty, twenty twenty three. So if you're looking to feel great when Beer Olympus comes, go and get yourself a dollar was a dollar shave company. You just tell some of that shave club. It just some of that boss. One for your face, one for your body. What are you about to say?
Speaker 2: Do you use one for your face one for your body. He's one I used to I used to four and one.
Speaker 5: Of the Dollar Shave Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you just we just got I just got one for both.
Speaker 3: Some stuff I know when I was a young buck.
Speaker 1: You're a harry boy, I can get you probably need three of them bitches. I'm just saying me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's got a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of hair on this. Back in the day, when my mom would cut all of our hairs when the boy got old enough, all of our hairs, all of our heads, cut our heads, give us all the haircuts the boy got older. I would use that same Yeah, for I would use that same I'd use that same trimmer for the for the downstairs.
Speaker 3: But on the.
Speaker 2: Family what it is and white would and sometimes I got into my dad's a little beer trimmer too. Yeah, shut up, to shut up to the old man I'm watching right now, I'd be like, God, damn it, I wonder what that smell was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've always been a one, a one. I used to do a straight razor on the old downstairs.
Speaker 5: That was gonna be my next question. Is it electric or electric?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 1: I don't got steady hands like that anymore. I just think there's there's Nixon bruises. Yeah, and once you get like you know, whether you're like razor burn, Yeah, you get the bumping to chafing, especially around this area right here.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough living. That's tough living. We we figured out that we're doing a championship round. Yeah, yeah, we got that covered. We got the beer Olympics. I think it's going to be a five star event, a five star. Have you figured out the trophy or the belt? No, that's I'm having a hard time with that right now.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 1: That's my biggest hurdle to get over is I want to do custom belt buckles, nice ones for the winners, and I want to do UFC belt one UFC belt, and then.
Speaker 3: We are we talking like big red solo cut.
Speaker 2: I think I want to do.
Speaker 1: Like a a bronze one and then etched in it says, uh BOC twenty twenty three, simple, simplistic, be.
Speaker 3: Your Olympics champion, BOC BOC.
Speaker 1: Under it goes twenty twenty three, and you can just wear that thing with pride for the next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm on board. I'll wear it proudly. I'll wear it proudly, brother, I will wear probably because we're gonna fucking win.
Speaker 1: I like that your competitive juices are going because every time before that there wasn't a whole lot of we're gonna fucking win. You're like, oh, yeah, it's gonna be a great it's gonna be fun. I'm thinking what happened? What will become a participation? Dad, Like, what's going on here? No, I'm glad to see that you're fucking getting after it.
Speaker 3: I'm you.
Speaker 2: We're invested in the dub. You know we're competitors, no question, you know we're competitors. It's always a slow burn. It's always a slow burn. Not for me. I know, remember like we were, it was a slow burn. Even going into the bust and spring game. It was all decent until the Yeah they if you did turn it on, Yeah, you're like a light switch. Brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be ready.
Speaker 2: We'll be ready to go multi persona. I love it. A lot happened over the weekend and some NFL news circulating. We got the OTA news headlines, Dalvin Cook gets released, Sakuon Barkley doesn't report the mini camp. DeAndre Hopkins made a visit to Nashville that we'll talk about, and I uh I sent Baby Gronk's dad to the Sunken Place. Yeah, so a lot to talk about. A lot to unpack. Where do we want to start.
Speaker 1: Knock out that Dalvin Cook Dude, the thing he what we're talking about the stats a little bit before. I had four one thousand yard seasons in the last four years. Yeah, he's a stud forty three touchdowns. Like, it's pretty ridiculous. Like Minnesota has the opportunity. They're there a team that can go win it all. They can really do it. They have the wide receiving team, the wide receiving corps, they have the quarterback. A lot of people don't think they have a quarterback. They have the quarterback and Dalvin Cook. Like you're making them one dimension unless they have something in the backfield that we just don't know about, right, or.
Speaker 2: They yeah yeah, or they bring somebody else in or who knows what's gonna happen. But it's like the argument that's been circulating a lot more, especially recently with all these running backs, like you got Josh Shacobs not signing his franchise, Sag Saekwon Barkley not signing his franchise, stag. This thing happens with Dalvin Cook and a lot of the arguments that always happened year after year is running backs earn their keep in that first contract, and then the tread on the tire wears off, and teams usually make a bet like after that first contract's over to not necessarily pay them, Like not everybody's Dereck Henry. Derek's kind of proving that he's staying in the test of time on popping out almost two k yards every time if he's not hurt. Yeah, Derek is.
Speaker 1: I think there was a stat that came out that he's like the only running back in the last like ten to fifteen years that has played better throughout his second contract than he did in this first contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Any somebody who gets better in the back end of the year too, Like somebody who's built for December, built for the playoffs, built for the cold weather. He's built for the cold weather by built for the cold weather weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be.
Speaker 2: What I'm curious is if one of these teams, like the Raiders or even in the Giants, right, like just strictly thinking the business out of it goes after Dalvin and then releases are or.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, or it goes away from the franchise tag.
Speaker 2: Well the once you not released but not offer the franchise tag, like let him go to the open market.
Speaker 1: Was is it, Hey, we're putting a franchise tag on you. I think they have to let him do that because he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Well he hasn't. They haven't signed. Do you really? Is that really the thing?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Now I might be speaking out of pocket here, but I think when you do the franchise tag, when a team says we're putting a franchise tag on you, it's up to the player then to sign the franchise tag.
Speaker 2: They cannot play.
Speaker 1: But I don't think they can necessarily get out of it. I don't think the team can go, Okay, fine, fuck it, we're not doing a franchise tag.
Speaker 2: We're not paying you. You're now a free agent. I don't think that works like that. But man, I'll be curious. Was making supposed to make this next year?
Speaker 5: Here you go?
Speaker 6: Cook was set to make ten point four million in base salary in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: Got you that sounds better? But for two million?
Speaker 3: Do need just a little of nights?
Speaker 2: A little? That's crazy?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Vikings are thinking. They must have something that we just don't know about or the thing about going to get somebody. Maybe they trade for a Saquon Barklay, maybe they trade for Josh Jacobs. But for me, it's like, dude, what is I guess the next thing you'd have to look at is what is their salary cap issue?
Speaker 2: After this?
Speaker 1: Like was there a reason they cleared nine million? So they still they eate a million dollars in cap.
Speaker 2: And they probably think that they can go get a running back that can do just as well or within the range that they'd like to see for cheaper. Which yeah, and he's he's solid, he's nice. Madison's nice, but he's not Dvin Cook. He's still nice though, Like he's still good exaner Madison.
Speaker 3: Right, right?
Speaker 2: And who knows how Madison will do with more and more of a workload. But again, that's always the argument of running backs. Man, It's like, do you want to pay north of nine to ten million dollars for running back when you feel like you could get well, they're not. They say it's same production but right for cheaper.
Speaker 1: The thing that sucks is is that the running back market is in such a shitty position right now because it is so true that you just look at the stats over and over again. It's like guys just don't do well after like year six, things just fucking fall apart. Give them the toats, give them the rocks that many times, like it's it's a fucking hard deal. You take a lot of hits and they just get slower and slower. You see it with every single person.
Speaker 2: Right, So they've always they've talked to like there's always been a rumor every year about running backs, you know, rumors and talks of them wanting to unionize and having their own CBA and being outside of the the Yeah, collective players one that we already have for everybody just because their position, right, because their position is you know, they over the years, they've trended down when it comes to paying running backs.
Speaker 1: And Dalvin is such a receiving threat as well, such a receiving threat.
Speaker 2: I'm really curious about this non franchise, this franchise tag thing, if you can take it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wonder if guys like Deebo Samuel and all them are hurting the running back market, because.
Speaker 3: They're a good point.
Speaker 6: Say that again, JP, if guys like Deebo Samuel are hurting the running back market because he's getting the ball from so many different spots. He's playing running back, sometimes he's playing quarterback, he's playing receiver. It's kind of like, we don't really need a running back as much if we have a guy like Deebo.
Speaker 3: Who're gonna do that? Who else does that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: Like Cordero Patterson would be one of them.
Speaker 2: Aara does it, Maarra tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It is a unique little like right.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a few of them right now, but I feel like they're going to start to be more.
Speaker 1: Taysom Hill his contract was all fucking weird, man, that was just a weird, weird deal.
Speaker 2: That's such an odd thing. I wonder.
Speaker 1: Because there's still they have such an opportunity to win. They haven't paid Justin Jefferson yet. They cut Adam Feelin earlier this year.
Speaker 2: That's a uh guy, d J.
Speaker 3: Hockinson, Yeah, they have howkinson would they paid him?
Speaker 2: Right? He's paid? Poor Jack's over here looking up six things at once, was earning his keep working right now? All right? So the exclusive tag under the designation, the player cannot negotiate with other teams. However, the price is higher under the exclusive franchise tag. The one you're sellar for the players either the average of the top five salaries of the player's position. You kind of knew that one. By using a player can still end up playing for a different team during the season, but only via a trade. The only via trade. It seems like the key little phrase there, yeah, yeah, type in Josh Jacobs, Josh Jacobs, Dalvin Cook what because there could be Uh would the Raiders?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would the Raiders were sending Josh Jacobs franchise tag and sign.
Speaker 3: Dalvin Cook? All right, so this is per Pro Football Talk PFT.
Speaker 2: Under the rules of the CBA, the Raiders use the franchise tag to keep running back Josh Jacobs in place for at least another season at ten point one million dollars. The Raiders also could, under those same rules, rescind the franchise tag. The question is would they if Jacobs won't accept their best off running long term deal. The deadline for that is July seventeenth. As we all have said, it would make sense to consider their options, and they could in theory pursue Dalvin Cook as a potential replacement for Jacobs. Can they get out of the French They just said, yeah, they could rescind it. They could rescind the they could rescind the tag, so that that would make it interesting, because I know Josh just came out and talked about it's. You know, the positioning he's going is he's wanting to get a long term deal done in his favor obviously, and the reason he won't sign right now is because in his I want to say, he has said it's bigger than him. It's more about just him as a running back. He's trying to help the running back market, which I think a lot of guys are doing. I want to say Saquon is doing that. What was the recent headline on Saquon hasn't He hasn't participated in any of the OTAs or anything yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he missed mandatory mini camp right, which isn't for the new CBA is an automatic fine, they can't rescentd the fund, the team can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that stays.
Speaker 3: Let's say eighty ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Fine, what's the fud per day that you miss?
Speaker 1: I don't know the per day, but I think it like when I miss mandatory Minichamp, it was ninety thousand dollars. They just all together all together for those three days. So whatever that is, so thirty thousand a day, I know. I went to John Robins's office too, and I was like, hey, was he right after that year? And I was like, you want if I get some of that back? And he's like, it's a precedent we have to set for everybody else. No. I end up talking to him more and he's like, we'll give you five thousand.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 2: What's the paragraph right up above that? The first thing right So when you're looking at this Saquon Barkley article courtesy of.
Speaker 3: NFL dot Com. Yeah, NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: The first thing that comes to mind when a player suggests he might sit out is Leveon Bell when he did it back when he was on the Steelers. He skipped a twenty eighteen season during a contract negotiation. Bell got paid by the Jets the following year before he quickly washed out of the NFL, never never the same back as we as he was before skipping a year.
Speaker 3: Bell has since said he regrets the decision.
Speaker 2: So they obviously brought that up to Saquon, and Saquon had talked about He said, I think when you sit back and you look at it there's obviously obviously there's a situation where it happened with Levon and some people say it didn't work out for him or whatever. I think I would have to sit down and actually go through that whole process and think about that whole process when that situation comes up. If it comes up for me, it's like you got until July twenty seventh. They could say what they want, we can say what we want. At the end of the day, I can focus on I can only focus on the little things, and I can focus on the moment. And I think I've been vocal before to you guys that I'm the type of guy that just lives in the now, just one day at a time, time, one day at a time. Now, if that day comes up and I have to sit down and have that conversation, then I would sit down and have that conversation.
Speaker 3: We'll see what's the best the best plan for me to do.
Speaker 2: I personally think with Saquon, the giant says, something will get done, maybe not as friendly as he'd like, but I think that's something you want to get done. It depends on what he's willing to give up though, right right, If it's not the key thing is like it's not as friendly as he would like.
Speaker 3: And if he's sitting there and he thinks.
Speaker 1: He deserves all that, which a guy like Saquon does, Right, he has an acl The year two comes back, we don't know he was next year after.
Speaker 3: That two years in a row.
Speaker 1: Bald last year came back did what he was supposed to do when he was coming out of Penn State. Now it's like, all right, do you take the risk to pay that guy?
Speaker 3: And when? When?
Speaker 1: Truly he was a foundational piece of bringing the Giants back to a playoff contending team.
Speaker 3: Yes, Saquon's a stud man.
Speaker 2: I mean he can he can line up outside at the one spot as a receiver, which is yeah, and be in the backfield. But he's a stud I know that. There's like something that every player I feel like they go through, like when they're going through Bake contract negotiations. Is a lot of the misleading reports that I always leak out about the player because the front office and everybody the front office has direct lines with the media, right so in the media's writing reports, they're going to write it in ways that it seems like the players sitting out they're holding out, they're doing things, They're like, hey, they're not talking to us. It make it seem like it's more the player versus the team. And I know, like Saquon he was talking about it, He's like, I would like to address that. I feel like there's been some things out there that's been misleading, you know, obviously the sources or the stories that have been out there. But I've been public. I came out public and I've been open about it. I want to be a giant for life. This is where I want to be and at the end of the day, it's all about respect. That's really what it is. Did you ever go through anything like that when you were going through your negotiations, like any reporting, say p K or anybody writing articles that made it seem like Taylor's you know, holding out or not shown face.
Speaker 1: There was a bunch of backlash when I held out for a manatory mini camp, but it really was you know, they're trying to figure it out, we think it'll get done, blah blah blah blah, that.
Speaker 2: Type of thing. Now I'm off.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, and especially left tackles are in a much different situation than running backs are in because they've been we've been we as a culture or a group have been proven we get better as we get older in a lot of ways, more savvy, more technical, those types of things. So there wasn't a big a lot of like thought of risk of what's going to happen if you if you pay me, and so the whole thing for me is way different than the running back market. Sitting out, there was definitely a bunch of articles that came out. Nothing that I can like chially put my finger on that. I remember like being feeling slided by. But I remember talking to my agents and they're like, Hey, when you sit out, this is what's going to happen. The Titans are going to release. Hey, we offered this guy this amount of money. We're going to tell him. We're going to tell them that you know, he's leaving all this on the table. We're doing our part, he's not doing his part that type of thing, and he just gotta be able to be okay with that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: And know that, yeah, and just understand that it's going to happen because it is part of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's part of the game. But you also got to figure out, like what's best for you.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was in the concert negotiations and we recently became friends, it was very we were very fresh in our friendship. You're telling me you should hold out for guaranteed money, it will goes. You should get all full of guaranteed contract. And I'm like, well, that's got to happen to the quarterbacks first. Kirk Cousins did it, and then after that, I'd point the finger too in your position you put the figure out me. No, I'm saying if I was you, I'd be like, somebody else has to do it first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could have been a lot of strength and being the pioneered the trailblazer. We can be trailblazers and other things. We're doing it right now. Trim the five years, done, the three take fully guaranteed. Maybe take a little bit less ceiling for that guaranteed. To set an example, I got what I needed. Yeah right, I'll let the other boys. I'll let the other boys spike that out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now you can be care battle you guys.
Speaker 2: You can become the like, hey, this is what we need to happen.
Speaker 1: You guys want to this market Chaneah yeah, yeah, he wants to this market change, which is wild because the money is higher than it's ever been, ever been.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about some neck coins, dude, I would love to talk about net coins.
Speaker 2: If you are for the boys, then you're gonna need to check out net coins for crypto trading. They have a twenty five dollars cash bonus just for signing up with the promo code busting. That's bussi in and if you are looking for a great way to invest in crypto, check out netcoins. Net cooins is on a mission to make crypto investing easy. They have the most popular cryptocurrencies as easy to use, an easy to use mobile app, and best of all, no fee trading. Net cooins has been in the crypto game for almost ten years. That's a decade, boys, and we all know about how important it is to be in your ten You can stay on top of the action with limit orders and push notifications so that you can trade instantly when the market moves. For a limited time, you can get a twenty five dollars in cash For a limited time, you can get twenty five dollars in cash to trade on the app when you use.
Speaker 3: The promo code Bust and BUSSI in.
Speaker 2: We were able to get this deal done with you guys, because again, they've been around for a decade. I've been around a decade. Download the netcoins apt today or learn more at netcoins dot com.
Speaker 1: Due remember when it was a big thing for players when they were signing into the NFL for them to get all their signing bonus in bitcoin. Yeah, whatever happened to that, I don't know. Trevor Lawrence did it, I believe. I believe Saquon was another one that actually did that as well.
Speaker 3: Odell as well. Odell did it as well.
Speaker 2: Yepady did it, tom Brady. Tom Brady was doing the FTX commercials, the FTX that absolutely tanked and went through all that.
Speaker 1: Oh for real? Yeah, I mean now, I didn't know about the FTX. I'm not as well versed in cryptocurrency as probably the next individual, but.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I'm just drinking an old, very old, an old coffee.
Speaker 1: I see you're giving a shout out over there too, and I want to turn that up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm in a how do you feel right there?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty shook about it, Blender, It's fucking wild. It tastes there too. That's fucking disgusting.
Speaker 1: I wonder where they fucking got the financial advice to put their money in bitcoin. Now it seems like it's worked out, like last year was way down at Bitcoin's coming back up right.
Speaker 3: Oh, it ain't work out for Tom Brady's part FTX.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about the FTX thing, but I know that the bigger ones that dose coin and bitcoin and all them, I was in and all some dosee coin for a minute lost a little bit down sexty three points to day.
Speaker 2: Bitcoin Bitcoin, dude, I remember when it was for me. It was hot during two thousand and sixteen seventeen. That's when it became huge, because I remember twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Because I think it was around before that even too, Yeah it was before that, but twenty and fourteen. I remember I was at a place doing cryo therapy over by my old house when we first met, and someone's like, hey, you got to get in this bitcoin thing, get in this bitcoin thing. And I called my financial I was like, dud, should we feel like, you know, one hundred thousand dollars at this thing or what do we do? And he's like, no, now's at the time, and then two years later it's like.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 1: They're like, if you would have put one hundred dollars in you made a hundred thousand dollars in bitcoin. I'm like, god, damn, bro, bro, I had some crazy money out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, I don't understand this.
Speaker 3: How you take the bitcoin? You're like, okay, you want to sell? Do you get cash back?
Speaker 2: Or do you like, like how does it does it work? Like? I know when that was when, I mean, I would assume it's still a movement, I guess. But when that whole thing was hot, everybody's talk about, no, you buy an hole because that's ultimately going to become the new currency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now there's time with the government government making a whole new like electronic currency and all that, and then that's gonna shut down bitcoin and all that.
Speaker 2: I don't do hypotheticals.
Speaker 1: There were there were those old ones, those uh not old ones, but there was like I'm pretty sure dosee coin was one of them where it was like selling the dogs started what right, Yeah, but it was a dog as a joke that they started, but it was selling it like a coin like points zero zero of a penny or something like that. Yeah, and if it moved over like two decimals, you're making whatever, two zeros more than the money put in. And the whole thing was is like if that goes up and you want to sell, there's no like real money to actually give you your money back.
Speaker 2: You're kind of just in it no matter what. Oh, and that kind of what happened with FTX, right, they didn't.
Speaker 6: Have all I was that dude, the owner of it was just like lying like crazy, yeah, lying to the investors, and then all of a sudden, I think it caught up to him and he's.
Speaker 2: An assive scam. Yeahamn or whatever, bro, they're getting still I had all them commercials, them commercials going with the athletes being involved. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: FTX collapse in early November twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: The Staple Center wasn't the Stable Center named after it like became the FTX.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but was it FTXE of one of them was let's see Yeah, And in November of twenty twenty two, they faced the liquidity crisis and search for bailout funds. Yeah, did not did not end up well.
Speaker 3: I had I had. I don't know if I use FTX, I can't remember. I used to. I used a couple of different ones.
Speaker 2: Coinbase that was back in like two thousand and seventy sixteen seventeen, because I remember Kirk. That was when they had a Netflix documentary come out on it, like what is bitcoin? Who's the mastermind behind? They couldn't figure out who it was. We had I forget who it was, but he came in the locker room just spout off how he had made millions and he don't need this, well, he didn't need football anymore.
Speaker 6: There was always the people, to my brother being one of them that was like you know now when bitcoin made its jump in like twenty twenty one or whatever, Yeah, he's like, oh dude, I don't remember my eye my password to my account and yeah there was like five million dollars that it would be my like and I'm on my last password try and half of them I figure lying the other half.
Speaker 5: I'm like, dang, imagine being in that group.
Speaker 2: Because the bigcoin is one that's like the most stable one, like that's like what was that twenty seven thousand dollars and as high as in the six figures. I know that. Yeah, I was beckon when it was like to the moon bro, and everybody's talking about how it's all transitioning to that space, like during when it was COVID and everybody was locked in their homes. Yeah, I remember being on like zoom calls. People were kind of breaking it down and talking about it. Here's how you do it. They're starting to teach you about the value of a dollar and how this is basically to be the next dollar. All that shit man light of coins. People were doing contracts. It might still be was like real estate, like each point meant something different, like a different contract that was happening, digital contract that was happening. But yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was insane. It kind of freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: The idea of like actual just the dollar being gone, yeah, just being all digital.
Speaker 3: I just don't feel like the dollar can leave. I just don't. What do you.
Speaker 6: It's one thing about me. I'm gonna fine that next comma, no matter where it is. Come on, I'm gonna find that next comma. Dude, someone else is fine. In the next comment, DeAndre Hopkins in Nashville, Tennessee. Yes, put himself out a little story too.
Speaker 1: It looked like he was in a nice sprinner van Will Compton did talk about how Rabel took him down Broadway in twenty eighteen when he was trying to figure out if he was going to be a Titan or not.
Speaker 2: Did you get the cool spinner van like that? No, No, we're talking braves personal. He's like, yo, hop in, you can have shotgun. I was like, really he gave the front seat. Yeah, he gave me the front.
Speaker 1: Every time I've driven with Rabel, he's always made sitting back metal, So that's really nice of him to do.
Speaker 2: For he was driving around you know, Yeah, he had a lip in and he was just the Predators were in the middle of the playoffs and he was just pitching.
Speaker 3: Out rowdy broad Away. God, he's basically taking me around the house the college recruit.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, we were just talking shop, talking wrestling. You know, we have the same agent, so we were talking Neil stories. But yeah, and then we had you know, we had a nice little breakfast in the lobby of the hotel at the time, nice little spread. I think I had cheerios.
Speaker 3: He had frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: Frosted flakes. Yeah, yeah, he's a frosted flakes guy. That's get a little thicker. We know, but we had a good time. When met coach coach tem Piece. He Dean took me to the Southern steak House the night before. Nice. Yeah, the night before they at the Red carpet for you. Well out the red carpet.
Speaker 3: I was a high.
Speaker 2: Priority and that's what foundational piece to get the voice of the playoffs like it, you know, in the future, not that first year. I never promised year one, but eventually it usually goes that way. Yeah, great things, stay time. Do you think.
Speaker 3: Boys in the back?
Speaker 1: Now, we already went through a Julio Jones situation a couple of years ago. Technically, the Titans are still paying Julio Jones eight point six million dollars this year and he hasn't been on the team for what will be the second year in a row.
Speaker 2: Do you think that scares the Titans.
Speaker 1: Way at all of getting a veteran wide receiver like this where we feel a little more comfortable because Raybell was with DeAndre in Houston and now it's like, hey, this guy hasn't shown the type of Stuff'm talking to Jack, I'm talking to Garabos mostly you too, because I think he's at Titan fans.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean as a Titans fan, I would love the outcome because we have a very limited amount of receivers right now, but notoriously, the Titans are where veteran receivers come to die.
Speaker 3: So true, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know how to feel about it, but I mean again, at the end of the day, as a Titans fan, we need him. I would love him, but yeah, for his sake, for his day, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 7: I don't have an opinion on it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: I would love him as a Titans fan to be here and.
Speaker 2: Howe it works out.
Speaker 1: Do you think you pay him premium money or do you not paying premium money and say hey, you gotta prove it for the boys.
Speaker 7: Probably not premium money because we just saw what happened with Julio.
Speaker 3: You just said it.
Speaker 7: We're still paying them millions of dollars and he hasn't made a catch and over twenty months.
Speaker 2: That boy put on the ski masks on bro Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, when when Julio Jones got to the Titians, I was like, I was so fired up, Like I saw him in the equipment with the boys. He's putting his helmet on, everything going. We're in the training room and I'm like, he wasn't practicing. I was like, oh, bro, you don't practice us maunt in to practice. I do that shit in games. You've seen. I'm like, yeah, I have seen. Yeah, you are going to do shit. The way he was talking, I was like, yo, legit. We got Julio Jones And the way he was talking, I was like, man, this dude is still him.
Speaker 2: He really is. And the unfortunately was not soft fish.
Speaker 3: Soft tish shall get you soft fish.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Hops had a couple of deals here and there too. Right, he he was hurt last year or something like that.
Speaker 4: So I think you played nine games last year and had we got suspended?
Speaker 2: Was suspended forgot about that?
Speaker 1: For what austream? Yeah it's hey, it's the best of us. I can I fully support DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 2: You know his are boner pills. He had them gas station boner pills in his system because you get popped for those two. Yeah, I've heard he is.
Speaker 3: The horny goat. I've heard he's the horny goat.
Speaker 1: I think we've seen he's the horny goat. Right, there was a video that popped up a while ago, right is there?
Speaker 5: Is he the horny goat over z Iion?
Speaker 3: No Zion's number one horn right now? But I think there was honey go.
Speaker 2: We might be talking about old Boy in Cleveland, Sean. Yeah, that's a that's a resumes horniest athletes of all time? Yeah, yeah, Massage Watson. I don't I don't know, man. I think I personally think that they've done this experiment before and it hasn't worked out with the veterans, whether it's Clowney, whether it's Vic Beasley, Uh, Julio Jones. Oh, I knew Vic was not gonna be him the minute they signed him.
Speaker 3: Bro Vic Beasley, what a fucking Vic?
Speaker 2: Alright? Yere we do? And that man broke in three quarters. I was like, oh, he is not bro. I remember my first day because remember that was the year where I got signed and I.
Speaker 3: Was like guess what. I was like, oh, they're signing me, like I'm coming back on the Titans.
Speaker 2: And my first day there was when all of those yeah, twenty twenty, this is when all the social justice stuff was going on and teams were basically sitting out of practice and doing it and like you know, arm in arm, like, let's not practice today, Let's get out in the streets and stuff like that. Do you remember that meeting. That's my first day back in Tennessee. And I remember sitting there and I didn't know who Vic was, Like I knew Vic Beasley, but I didn't know that was him, with like the massive fro and everything else. He chimes in from the back and says like, you know, I think and apparently somebody who'd never spoken up because he had the hole where he sat out for like two weeks in training camp and nobody could find where he was and this and that, and he says like, oh, I was trying to get my truck towed to Tennessee and came in out of shape with cramps, got hurt, was sitting out. Everything was just an abomination of a signing. And he apparently he or he chimes in from the back and says like, I think we need to set out the entire season. I remember players being like, Yo, what the fuck is this dude talking about? Like you you haven't even practiced, Like at least get on the field and do something and gain some respect before anybody like listens to him. Chiming in and be like, we need to hold out and not play the entire season.
Speaker 3: That was my big beasy story. Funny cat.
Speaker 2: Apparently he had like a puppy and you just have the puppy sitting sitting in the truck in the middle of August. Yeah, in the middle of August.
Speaker 1: Two was a duly truck with a flatbed. It was like a work truck, and he would just pull up the cayo. What do you do when you just.
Speaker 3: Sup him every day?
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, who'd you go toe before you showed up here and stuff like that, like agatin funny dude, But was that you that.
Speaker 1: Was sitting in the elevator with him before a game? They almost were like late to the game? Was the elevator broke? No, No, there was somebody in there in the elevator with Vic Beasley before a game and the elevator like shut down, And then like an hour went by and the elevator started back up, and he was pissed off apparently, and he was like, man, I'm trying to see and see chill and collect.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe that man's You definitely had that vibe. Dude.
Speaker 1: We play like I said, we played him in twenty fifteen and he was like the sixth overall pick or something like that, and he came in the first quarter he was talking a lot of fucking shit, a lot of shit, and by the third quarter he was like literally just stopped talking.
Speaker 2: He was quitting. It's non existent, non existent. And then when we signed him, I'm like, damn, bro, this dude ain't the guy because I think he just said, what like tendonitis, that's why he's sitting out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd always either swivel thing with his knees. He would always like do you remember he would do that. Yeah, yeah, move his knees around. I never really saw him dead, but the boys were always chirping him about it.
Speaker 3: You saw with tenanitis, that shit is, that shit is well.
Speaker 2: Not as hurts. But bro, you gotta play. Oh I'm saying you might get depending on how bad it is, because they can act up differently for everybody. But you get a couple of days, a few days. But Bro, Pierre Garcona had bad tendonitis, and that dude would be out there fucking every day dog being a dog in practice, and I'm talking he'd spend all day long in the training room before and after just talk about his tendonitis, really eating his tendonitis, but he'd be out there getting it Like that's again, not everybody's built like that, like piregar Son was a fucking dog. Uh, but yeah, my man set out for I think the entire training camp in Then a few weeks into the season before he came back, they find him and Vic said.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get my money back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my money back by missing games before I go back out on the field.
Speaker 3: Like, let's just say his fine was.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just saying some shit right now, just wat up number they let's just say his fine was fifty thousand dollars. He was gonna sit in his mind, he was gonna sit out the first however many weeks it was until he felt like he got that fifty thousand back, like he got here from the team.
Speaker 3: Kind of respect.
Speaker 2: It a little bit. Wait, when you're in the cold tub in the hot tub, hearing that, you're just like, man, there's a little bit of envy, but also like it what a fucking pussy, but also like you also here an I have that kind of juice.
Speaker 3: I guess but Yo, we're trying to fucking win.
Speaker 1: He really didn't have the juice like that because but one year they went to the Raiders for a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the XFL. Now he's playing still, Yeah for the Vipers.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of people that come to mind that I thought hated football more than that.
Speaker 2: Man, he just hated ball.
Speaker 1: Going back to DeAndre Hopkins real quick, I think it'd be obviously be a huge signing for the Titans. I think if you get him, you're taking more pressure off that eight man box that they're putting on everybody just playing man out there, because at the end of the day, DeAndre Hopkins is DeAndre Hopkins. His catch radius is stupid. Let's say, you know, he does twice, is much more than Julio Joneses, which still isn't a whole lot. It's gonna help the Titans offense so much. Know that there is a thread out there, like a DeAndre Hopkins, a name out there where guys are like, hey, we gotta watch this fucking dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure he's good.
Speaker 1: Maybe put a safetyar there for the first couple of games, just to make sure this dude doesn't fuck us up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it helps with Burks too, like taking the pressure of Burks and again they do have a thin room heat coming and be like the number one I won, number one, number two wide receiver immediately. Yeah, that makes it a nice deal for the Titans. Like, yeah, it gives him a chance to breathe in your tune there. Let me get a thousand yard season, Let me become like the dude everybody wants me to right, right, because because again it's like, uh, you know, the Titans, they want guys who want to be here. They always want that, like, hey, like they want you to be a fucking Titan.
Speaker 3: Which respect to that.
Speaker 2: And it's like the experiment with the Vets, especially with guys who kind of have this history of.
Speaker 3: You know, not being a diva, but being a diva.
Speaker 2: You know, the track records not the best, and it sucks that he's getting measured up and compared to Julio Jones, Like that's a tough measuring stick to have going into it.
Speaker 1: Right, and if Julio didn't happen, I think everyone's seeing from the rooftops we need to signre Hopkins.
Speaker 4: And his nine games played last year, he had sixty four receptions, seven and seventeen yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got to get signed. You gotta sign him, bro, six targets.
Speaker 1: Give give Trailing just a little bit of a cushion, bro, because that's a lot of responsibility to be going into year two.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, hey, you're the fucking guy now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, he and Trailing started coming along it before he started getting turf towing all that or whatever. But obviously an abysmal start portray like we were at OTAs Man had like asthma some ship.
Speaker 2: He was out of shape.
Speaker 1: He was like, it was a tough thing to watch, and then he just got better and better. Dude, you just give him a chance to be great on his own without all the pressure.
Speaker 2: Hey, and now I'm thinking about Colt would tell me because Colt, when uh Kyler Murray went down, Cole McCoy would come in as a starter and he said, he said, bro, when uh he said, DeAndre would just come up and hey, what are you doing? Throw me the ball? No ship, he said he would run sometimes his own ross, but he said, like within the confines, like of the of the system, like within the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he would just fucking throw.
Speaker 2: It to him, and he'd always make plays and he back, see I'm telling you, like, just feed me the rock yo, and he just had juice like that, like he fully on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He said, he man, you gotta throw the newke. You don't want to say that to Lois. I don't want to say that that was a big D Hall guy that the Hall is my fucking guy.
Speaker 2: But his soul got snatched, and some say his career got snatched the day that DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 3: I don't start nothing, I just finish it. That's fucking hard. That it was hard. That was before DeAndre Hopkins was DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I gave him the I gave him the handshake where I moved my hand and said nuts, and he just looked at me like he wanted to fight me. And I was like, oh shit, no jokes.
Speaker 3: No jokes.
Speaker 2: Hands are yeah five xlove hands Yeah, just kidding brother, Hey, good catch out there. Nuts. Then one of my boys to hype me up. He's like, oh you got his ass and then he just like staring me down. It's like, damn man, I'm just kidding. Yeah, everybody about that joke. Joke. No, that was when he has had a massive fight too. Huh massive fight? Who started that?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I think so Ben ben Jones was on Uh was on the Texans then, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to hear what his side was. I will say that Chris Baker was being a fuck to him.
Speaker 3: He was one of our d linemen.
Speaker 2: A lot of shit talking going on when it was nine on seven, right, and uh, I want to say it might have been day two of practice and guys are just kind of fed up, especially on the line of scrimmage, and my boy Adam Hayward who was a linebacker, and somebody who was like, he's just waiting on an opportunity to fight somebody. But they caught one and on that field, it fucking went down the fields. The other field ended up seeing it and then they started swinging. Uh, well, who's big dog? Vince will Fork at the center, reaches back in his ancestry and comes fucking flying and almost connects with Nles Paul I'm talking, both feet off the ground, tries throwing a massive Superman punch.
Speaker 3: Missus, just missus, MOUs Paul.
Speaker 2: You saw that one on tape and literally he might have fucking killed him. Massive man, just looking for a reason to fight. Jay Gruen went in there and afterwards he we had the meeting where it was like broken up. I want to say, that's when we we ended practice. It was all done.
Speaker 3: That's the bristofs practice, Like, yeah, fucking blow key with players are looking for it. Yeah, dude, I heard so.
Speaker 1: Ben Jones told me that you guys kind of bullied the Texans the day before, like, y'all, y'all got the better room that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bill O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Was in a team meeting at the hotel the next day because it was they're prictures with y'all at y'all's spot, right, Phill O'Brien's like, now, I'm not telling anybody to fight, but if somebody starts some ship, y'all better fucking finish it.
Speaker 3: That type of thing. Yeah, And then it.
Speaker 2: Was like the minute we went out there, we knew this practice is gonna be twenty five minutes top. Yeah, man, it was. We did have the upper hand on him that first day for sure. Not only that, but we had this backup fullback. Who shouldn't I mean, obviously no one should be fucking doing that, but he's out there trying to he threw a cut on somebody in seven on seven, got seven.
Speaker 1: On seven through a cut cutting practice in general, let alone seven on that far, people have obviously there's a target on his back.
Speaker 2: They're when to Dumby, and I want to say the majority of our team was like, yeah, yeah, I mean he was.
Speaker 3: Kind of a fuck. He wasn't he was kind of a fuck.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, you guys can have are always kind of like the second day, even in seven on seven, somebody came out of nowhere, I want to say, a dB on Houston and licked one of our running backs on the sideline, like again in seven on seventh, and you could tell they was starting to fester up.
Speaker 3: And then that big fight happened.
Speaker 2: Jay Gruden ends up getting wopped in the face, Vince Wolford flies off, you know.
Speaker 1: When Vince Wolford taking the Redskins center and pushing him back past the quarterback and just kept driving him into the ground.
Speaker 3: I believe that that we.
Speaker 1: Were like, oh shit, those of you who think, oh, this team's practicing is no team?
Speaker 3: What great work for their team?
Speaker 1: That is by far and away harder than any fucking game, any kind of two A day practice.
Speaker 3: It is truly the biggest bloodbath.
Speaker 1: When you know you're pressing, it's no team, you're like boys, just buckle up and stay safe out there because it is day one.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 3: Fucking blood bath, especial.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, dude, when you're when you're leaving that area after a big fight and need to get back to the buses, probably aren't ready. You need yourself a vehicle to get and you're gonna have to get to ro Dude, to Row, Okay, Turrow, let me tell you something about them. It is the world's largest car sharing market market place. With Tourow, you can book any car you want for for just about any occasion, from community, community to local dude.
Speaker 2: I really, I swear to God.
Speaker 3: A community, a local host across the US.
Speaker 1: I got local hosts across the US, UK, Canada and Australia. Book an SUV for a road tip, something easy and affordable of getting around on vacation, or test drive and EV. You can test drive an EV. You can even get a vintage car or something classy classy for a special event or a photo shoot. Every trip is backed by liability liability insurance terms and conditions and and exclusions apply. Find your drive forget the boring rental cars at touro dot com.
Speaker 3: Touro tro you like it a lot, will right, I love tuo dot com.
Speaker 2: You use that little piece before. Yeah, yeah, like on last week's episode, I used to going down the Florida for a family trip again thirty a a lot like Italy.
Speaker 3: We got to experience it in our uh in our.
Speaker 2: Show you that again at the farmer's market on Saturday. Talking about it, this kind of reminds me of Italy. Huh burn Franklin for a farmer's mark.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm all in on DeAndre Hopkins. Yeah, the whole conversation, especially the.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah yeah, over the top. You just don't want the motherfucker to like get hurt. Yeah, but I like it's the risk you take, right, risk you take. Everyone can get hurt. Yeah, you're right, You're right, get hurt, right, just what happens, dude.
Speaker 3: I just want to work.
Speaker 2: Out for the boys. But I just want the free age just signed to work out for the boys.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, you want to get them hit that monkey off their back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, if you're like if I'm if I was rape.
Speaker 3: I'd be sitting there like, all right, we're looking at signing this man. He has history.
Speaker 2: I don't know what his history is with the I'm saying like I don't know what their personal relationship was or anything like that, Like what rape that thought of as the product and everything else. But you know, Rave's priced in there, like, man, if this one doesn't fucking work out, the be so pissed off. Yeah, Like we go off to these free age of signings that could be splash plays and good signings that should work out, and they just don't.
Speaker 3: It's got to be just frustrating.
Speaker 2: And now you're looking at another one that makes sense because you do need a number one, number two wide receiver. Deandre's out there, and it's like you want it to work out, so I just sleep on.
Speaker 1: Is Kyle Phillips he had six catches for sixty six yards to great part returns against the Giants last year, the end up getting that lac joint or whatever.
Speaker 2: Kid is a baller. He's a baller. He's just got the hairline to be a solid slot white wide receiver like a Hunter Renfro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I'm telling you that kid is he's good. He's just got to stay healthy.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: He's small, goodall and.
Speaker 1: He's really liked that too. He's got that little attitude on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I feel like you've got to have some of that sauce undersized cat at a skill position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man ots is over for the boys.
Speaker 2: I think they did.
Speaker 1: They did manatory mini camp last week and then this week there they're done Wednesday. Oh really, I think they have Tuesday Wednesday and they're done.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: OTAs is the best bro, it really is. Remember when we got to uh play the sword game. Yeah, that's probably my favorite ot As we ever had. Man. Maybe there's a I had. I had a good one in Washington where we just had this core group. We'd always hit the golf course and we'd have frond, nice competition, going, nice little ride.
Speaker 3: We'd be talking ship we sucked at golf.
Speaker 2: And we would just argue every day about getting back on the golf course and and hurting each other. However, the OTA's with the Titans in twenty eighteen one of the best of all time.
Speaker 1: We played a game we've talked about in this podcast before, but like the facility was the safe zone, but we had these foam swords, and if you got it on film of you touching another player with the foam swords, they're dead. They're done. Games over for them for the rest of OTA's. At the end of OTAs would be that crowned winner. I don't think we even finished it because there was money.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody had to add in or pay a buck wretch like pay the pot, like one hundred dollars per team. And for a team building activity. With Rape, we got all these foam sorts, dude, and every day he would go over all the deaths that happened, so it would be like he just have it in the team meeting, the music in the background with the he'd always have a presentation going out because you would have to send the videos to Stretch. Stretch would then make up PowerPoint for Rape, and if Abe would go over it every day, and man, it would get interesting. I remember the first time because all the rookies and then Fridging guys, they'd be in the hotel right down the road.
Speaker 3: Candlewood Sweet shut out the Boys of Candlewood Sweet. I was a war zone.
Speaker 2: War zone on day one and day two because that's not part of the safe zone. The safe zone is when you're at the facility, when you're at work, there's no there's no, none of that. But once you leave the vicinity, everything's free game. So it was a hotbed at Candlewood Sweets for people trying to get people because everybody's there, everybody's looking over their shoulder, trying to make trying to make alliances, but turning their backs on each other. I'm calling Taylor like, hey, come pick me up around the exit. I'll sneak down there properly around like let's just say one o'clock.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to get out of there and not stay there.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to stay at Taylorsuse because Taylor and I was a teammate and it would get dicey man. People were like, because that we Camp and I, Michael Mike Campanaro's team, our teams had an alliance. So Camp and I was in the hotel and we're getting rookies. We're filming it, chasing people down about tailing either right, We're messing yeah. Yeah. At first, like we get in, we see like rookies meeting with their parents, meet with their family, Boom, getting them on the couch right there in front of their parents, rip to them, and then Tailing came over.
Speaker 3: When I forget what made us even want.
Speaker 1: To come over The day you told me to come pick you up and I can't pick you up or bought tailor, I guess nobody was fucking with us. Yeah, well no, because the day I came to get you, you were literally running away from like ten dudes.
Speaker 3: But I'm surprised nobody was trying to get us.
Speaker 2: Like while we were there doing our knock on the door, Tailor Taylor's wife dressed up as a cattle Wood Sweets employee.
Speaker 1: A T shirt call his shirt shallow your room service and then open the door. And then me and Will would come around the corner and there's bink their.
Speaker 2: Ass reach in. I'll do my wrists. My hand almost got got one time. It was scary, but she would knock on the door and talk about your AC. We need to check on your AC. She'd open them up bay and we'd get somebody. But that game was so fucking fun because then we'd have to do physicals at the hospital and everybody was on alert. That's when I got got somebody turned there. Ben Jones turned his back on me.
Speaker 1: Ben Jones hacked my phone and shared my location with him, and so I'd be driving home and he'd be like, Hey, what are you doing here next to the basket Robbins and I would be driving like yo about the called Will. I was like, yo, he's out the game. He knows where I'm at. And then Taylor would call him be like hey, there's two guys in the back woods of our house. Like, dude, it is It was like it's Ben that No, She's like yeah, I'm like it's Benjo. This Benjo is back there.
Speaker 2: Man. That game was so fun, bro so much dude whatever. Who ended up winning the uh bearded dude who was good at shooting the guns when we went to the uh we went to shoot guns at the end of OTAs at the police Academy, Tyler Merritt's, Yes, Marett's He ended up winning because he also won that challenge with the guns.
Speaker 3: He was really good at doing that.
Speaker 2: At the money yeah, oh yeah, he got the money. I was gonna say Stretcher holding like nine because there was like there was like seven teams that were left that made it to the very end.
Speaker 3: So then they had the shoot off thing. Who was better at the accuracy at the police. Day You Got Bangs was one of the satast days of my life.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Ray really played into that one too.
Speaker 5: Need to get our hands on one of those videos that stretched me with the deaths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I got some on my phone.
Speaker 2: I got some of my phone and I might have made one when I died, like the best got taken out type of thing, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one of the.
Speaker 2: Duet is so much fun because.
Speaker 1: Everybody hates OTS, but at the same time, like OTS is really like the most stressed free football you're playing. All the boys are just grinding together, working together, having a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like youth, summer camp football youth.
Speaker 3: It has that vibe essentially. It's like, for you summer camp or OTA.
Speaker 2: Since we're comparing them two, because I won't get up, I'll jump on that wagon for you.
Speaker 3: Summer football. Yeah, summer football camp.
Speaker 2: It's like you're you're after a few months and you're really in the groove of just being home and everything else. You're like, fuck, we gotta go into OTAs, especially if you're a vent and you've done it for a few years, Like, oh, time to go in because you realize the mind games to get played, and the young guys are really nervous and everything else. She's like, damn, I hate that we have to go in and do this because really, not a whole lot's gonna happen or going you're gonna do installs, especially if you have the same coaching staff things that.
Speaker 3: You already know is gonna happen. Yeah, you're just like, what are we doing here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then but once you get in there and you realize you only go from like eight to noon. You go from eight to noon. You have the rest of the afternoon off and everything else until you get into the two weeks of practice and all that kind of thing. But uh, it ends up just a big camaraderie builder, Like you have your inside jokes, your everybody's winning the super Bowl at that point, there's no pressure, You're not playing anybody soon.
Speaker 1: Coaches are loose, they're having a good time. Let's say when you really gained the relationship with the coaches. Yeah, that is the most fun time.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Someone that might not ever see the OTAs because of what Will Coffin did to their father this weekend.
Speaker 2: Is poor baby Gronk.
Speaker 1: This first off, I want to say, I feel terrible for that ten year old kid because he.
Speaker 2: Has no idea.
Speaker 1: He's living a crazy life of luxury right now. But his dad is essentially a modern twenty twenty three Michael Jackson's father.
Speaker 2: He's just using his kid, yeah for the greater Britney's yours father, Yeah, having them sign away.
Speaker 3: There's a fucking problem.
Speaker 1: He named his kid Madden, Like this is not This has been premeditated since before the kid was even born, and unfortunately we made this bastard go the father he was.
Speaker 2: Going, like Baby Gronk has went viral for some years now, like he's always made He's always made headlines in some kind of capacity, like at different points of the year, and definitely on like I know there's videos that get made and collaborated on like TikTok and reels and everything else, because like to your like you had the DM where there's been a few different ones, but I remember when Baby Gronk that that profile had DM, like when we had first started or a couple of years ago, and everything else, Like his dad's been in the game trying to do this hustle thing for a long time. And when he asked because I remember we went to the La the movie premiere for Burt Kreischer.
Speaker 3: He had DMed.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, the baby Gronk profile DMed and as they come on Busting with the boys, and we were saying how we weren't going to do it, and so I was like, I appreciate you, We're gonna have to pass. And then when he DMed on that Friday night was a Friday night on that Friday or Saturday night the other day, and said like, hey, we've been trending for a couple of days. I think we can make a good show. And I had read that article that he did with I think TMZ the New York poster the Athletic and just saw it. It's just like, Yo, this dude is a is fucking delusional. He's one of those delusional fathers living through his kid. Well. Really pissed me off is when he tries to play this I'm doing this all for him. I'm doing this all for him. I understand there is a there like there's a there's that part of me that sees parents and they're kids. They might have profiles, and I know I understand the the layout now, the game of social media and everything else. Kids can have profiles and brands and everything else, and they can capitalize monetarily off of them. I understand in some capacity of that game happening, but the way he's doing it through his own son, because he's essentially doing it like all himself. The whole this has been premeditated since before he was born. His mind's been programmed since he was six. He's saying all this bullshit that that was what festered me up about it. When he came back around to get don't want to get on the bus, It's like, Yo, I haven't seen anybody like step out and like say or go gets. I saw Matt could be kind of baby Gronk, how about yeah they want to come on the show or what do we think about this? Boys? And you kind of seeing them playing into it, and I was like, yo, And then you see all these profiles collabing with them and saying, baby Gronk going around to ten different schools.
Speaker 3: He's got offers, so more, he's got more offers than high school kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then seeing is that as you know we decommitted or we we you know, we're not committing right now to Oregon And seeing all this fucking dumb shit. That's what made me be like, Yeo, I'm gonna I'm gonna step out yet, Like you have the kid a chance to breathe a little bit, dude, it's crazy. Yeah, I'm gonna step out and check this.
Speaker 1: You did a great job checking because I was just gonna leave it alone. It's kind of be like never again. But you literally, once you posted it, it became a landslide of everybody like, yeah, fuck this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when somebody I want to say, uh, it might have been like the Boomer. Yeah, there's an Oklahoma, Oklahoma, some Oklahoma profile the Boomer when shout out the boys, I'm not trying to butch your name. But once they showed the DM, and I was like, I guarantee you there's several people because I knew us in house. Every account, unfortunately except for JP, every account was getting DM to get on Busting with the boys. It's like, my man, you're not coming on Bust with the Boys to fucking parade your kid around.
Speaker 1: He reached out to Ashley Brewer, who is on the ESPN. Actually and I went to high school together. We were talking last night about how we're fucking ridiculous. They wanted him to do a story on the kid. It's like and the worst part is Bustin clapped with me on another thing, saying, the starry continues at that DM, there's whatever. However, many hundreds of comments and baby grunks in all of the comics with blue checks saying Yo, Hey, what's up, so and so what what's going on? Like, bro, how fucking delusion? Like you're literally looking at this like this is a positive thing.
Speaker 2: For the entire day on his phone that there's no question in my mind. He texted his buddy, who ended up, you know, having to get it. He texted his buddy to make a video. I don't even know who his fucking friend was. He shaid, Oh, supporter of Baby Ronk and speaking out against Will Compton.
Speaker 3: It was one of those things like.
Speaker 6: What do you what do you.
Speaker 2: On the post with Taylor fridiculous, Hey, it's Baby Gronk's dad. Let's do a one on one interview. We don't need Will in it.
Speaker 1: And I literally had the same typed up like brother, which that's so funny yourself, Yeah, like that's nos, no way that's happening.
Speaker 3: And I was like I'm just gonna leave him with an L.
Speaker 2: You put the LOL. I was wishing you would have fucking I remember I called you. I was like, yo, if you can muster up a fart right now, I was in the middle of getting a botched.
Speaker 1: If you wereettinghibatia. I couldn't hear word yours, but a part in my head just text me.
Speaker 2: You never know if you could muster up afart right far right now and just fucking fart him into oblivion, do it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 2: I've seen people be like, you know, you guys are giving him exactly what he wants and everything else. I trust me, I understand that. But we also get paid to make content too, Like he's out here reaching you reach, we teach, like we're putting one. This is what we do as well. It's like, yo, this this, this goes in the this is the game we're playing. Yeah, this is the game we play as well. Because people are like, oh, will you're cloud chasing as well? We're all on social media, you like, we're all playing the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the brand. This is the brand, This is this is what happens.
Speaker 2: You had It's been a while since I taking somebody and walk. Somebody had mentioned it when that was happening, that Gronks, that was happening, and I saw a second DM because it's not like I just sought it out. He came back around again after I respectfully declined respectfully respectfully and again that compared with all those articles you to go around. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that somebody literally vicariously like living through their kid.
Speaker 3: Wow, you can say whatever he fucking wants. The dude's a fucking loser.
Speaker 1: He's a loser. Braby Gronk's dad is a fucking loser. Yeah, that's tough, man. We did just give him exactly what he wanted. Now he's got a clip on busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Again, we get to make our content like we do. They're not sitting on here. We'll see what happens with them in the next decade. I know where the boys are headed. This is just part of our moon.
Speaker 1: Whether the podcast gods want to take us down for a mother or not, Dude, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: This is part of our game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to fight the good fight. Man. But but anyway, is there any is there anything that I'm missing on the speaking to or we're missing on speaking on in terms of baby Gronk. Yeah, in terms of that whole thing, like any I will say one.
Speaker 7: Thing from a social media perspective, I fucking hate the whole situation, but it is impressive from like marketing, they're executing a very successful marketing campaign without being on anyone shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at the end of the day, get fucked. Yeah, absolutely, Like no one's knocking the the I guess hustle about it. The way you're hustling about is what we're people are having an issue with.
Speaker 6: And the kid.
Speaker 2: It's the dad. Has nothing to do with the kid. Man, it has nothing to fucking do with the kid. He can't help that. His dad's feed them scripts on saying stuff. When all that stuff was going on, he dm me again sent a video that I didn't put out there. Dm me again of his kid, Hey will Well playing Fortnite because he's going up. My kid plays Fortnite. They're in a hotel room, probably going on their next trip to go somewhere else to where they can finet some content. But it's the way he's going about it. It's the way they're going about it. They've made money. The kid, Okay, he's gonna have a bank account at the end. Again, yank, fucking yank. But it's just the entire rollout in the way he's going about it because it is all about him, and he can say the times are changing, it's a new game. People can't play outside this and that. We play outside every fucking day. Yeah, we play. We played in the pool for what. Yeah, yeah, there's there. Hey, look, there's there's a million different ways of skin a cat. And the way he's doing it is a way that I felt like, Yo, I'm gonna check this, motherfucker. I don't agree with it, but whatever, man, whatever they have, they've made a quick buck. They've made a quick buck though. But again, it's a great time again in the game of making content and branding and social media and podcasting and news and everything else, you gotta take advantage when something's hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least at least that they could hit puberty. He could hit puberty and not grow a fucking inch. Yeah, And then then and then.
Speaker 8: What what happens when he gets to like to that age and he never gets like an offer or anything, doesn't go to a big school and like now all of these like media people are or all these normal fans or whatever gonna come after him personally, like the kid, right and not the dad, like, oh he's a bus you suck. Like his dad just putting him in a very vulnerable position to get absolutely on later if he doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't get it, you you already know too when he comes back and either talks about it, brings it up, or whatnot, Like his dad's gonna feed him some shit about this program that has had like he's none. The kid looks like you know what I mean, like staying emotionalless emotional.
Speaker 3: Yeah that right there.
Speaker 2: Uh, in this whole thing, he's gonna be spewn and bullshit about who God knows what. All I know is that ultimately it's not gonna end well, like we've seen this play out, and I am going to be super interested how this plays out when he does get to high school.
Speaker 1: Whether they the I to feel bad for that fucking kid, dude, because it's not gonna end bad for the dad. But the dad's gonna be fine. He's not the one that's on social media. It's the kid that's on social media and like you said, when he gets no offers or he doesn't pan out the way unless this kid's a first overall pick or a first round pick in the NFL draft, it's like, are we it's a bust?
Speaker 2: I think if he goes to the NFL, like, then there's some there's some comeback around to that, right, but again you face that you battle that bridge.
Speaker 3: He crossed that bridge when it gets here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but mostly gonna say that was another thing too, that that like he talks about how he knows this game.
Speaker 3: So well, like you're doing it through a kid, through your own ten year old.
Speaker 2: Like, if you are that privy and you know the game that well on content, social media marketing and everything else, do it with your own fucking profile.
Speaker 3: Learn how to do it with your own game.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you black tucks, not to get all adult on you, but it's time we had to talk. You know, the one about the three letter word that ends an X and you're probably you'll probably experience a few times in your life. Not let me back up the one about the three yer letter word that ends an X. I'm talking about tucks, not the other word. And when you need a tux The best place to go and get one is the Black Tucks. The Black Tucks makes it super easy to get an on trend, top quality, guaranteed to fit tucks without ever leaving your house.
Speaker 3: Here's how it works.
Speaker 2: You take the Black Tucks Quiz fit quiz, pick the style you want to rock and boom. Your tuxs is delivered to your door ten days before the day you need it. There's plenty of time to try it on and make sure it wears well on you, fits well, snug, comfy, and if it fits not quite right, say hello to the Black Tucks Fit Guarantee. Order a better size within a day or two of receiving the less than great fitting one, and they'll send you another one right away at no extra costs. And you prefer and if you're somebody who would prefer an instore experience, the Black Tucks has showrooms across the country. They're expert fit specialists will help you find the perfect style, tucks or suit and make sure it fits just right. Renner By the Black Tucks is the best place to go when you need a tuxedo for a wedding or a special night. Our Boy j R Boy JP Hoe back there he used black Tucks a couple weddings ago or a couple weeks ago, and I think you are againting this week.
Speaker 3: And another wedding you're in right now.
Speaker 2: When you go to the black tucks dot com slash busting and use code busting, you'll save twenty dollars off your order. That's t E B L A c K t u x dot com slash bussing code busting to save two the black tucks dot Com slash busting code busting. So there was a report that DeAndre Hopkins might not be going to the New England for his visit.
Speaker 3: Oh breaking news, breaking news, act like we're like live streaming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaking news right now, hopefully no one else news tomorrow.
Speaker 3: At breaking news we saw we just saw on Twitter. That's big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know this is a big dude.
Speaker 1: Fucking NASCAR Nashville, Tennessee Dude, June twenty sixth, Right, but I think it's all weekend long, the seventy fifth anniversary and race the Alley four hundred Dude talk about Nashville super Speedway. June twenty fifth, at seven pm e d T was e d T Eastern daylight time. Oh, I thought it was just et that's on the It's on NBC, by the way, dude, it's gonna be It's gonna be an elite.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an outstanding time. Yeah, that was a lot of fun last year when we went, we got to be in the pit. Do we get to talk about a couple of parties going on, asked us to be let's keep that a secret. Yeah, yeah, let's keep that a Secret's gonna be pissed when they find out. Yeah. Yeah, that's gonna be fun though, man. And it's an evening races time, so hopefully. I know last year there were storms right and got delayed, so we were there for a minute. But that'll be fun. Man.
Speaker 1: The storms got me a little nervous about beer Olympics yesterday with the wind and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it's a perfect day. Yeah, I have to play the curve. We could just what about the garage? Did you talk to wife you about that?
Speaker 2: We can do the garage. We could absolutely do the gash. If it needs to happen, It's gonna happen, right because you gotta there's gotta be a pivot. You can't just be out there throwing balls into the wain. Man, if we have to, we'll figure it out there.
Speaker 3: There will be there will be a way to get right to get that thing in.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, man, Nastar's gonna be sick. We might as well talk about NASCAR over here. At the upcoming race, the Alley four hundred Nashville Speedway super Speedway June twenty fifth, Like Taylor said at seven pm Eastern on NBC, Parker McCollum is gonna be doing a pre race concert guitars and fast cars under the light in Music City. That's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you, dude, the new Barstool Bar in Nashville will be open to race fans all weekend. Come hang out with barstool Town from seven to nine pm on Friday six twenty three and Saturday.
Speaker 2: June twenty third. June yep, from six to nine pm on June twenty four, and the thing too, with the Barstool Bar opening up that weekend, we're going to be there June twenty third. Yeah, June twenty third. The bus is going to be there as well. The bus is going to be We just got a confirmation that we got a permit the bus will be out front of the Barstool Bar on Friday, June twenty third. Well, the boys will be there from like it says, seven to nine. Also on NASCAR too. It's in twenty twenty three. It is the seventy fifth anniversary of NASCAR. Coming up NASCAR's first ever street race, Chicago Street Race July second at five pm Eastern. Uh.
Speaker 3: But they will be in Nashville on the twenty fifth at seven pm Eastern on NBC.
Speaker 2: Dude, I can't wait to go to NASCAR. I haven't been there since I was like ten years old. You're feeling the on the vibrations of the cars, that's you going. Yeah, I've never been in the pit before either. I'm excited to experience all that I heard. It's a rioting time, man. And the best part about the pit, Paul Swan's gonna be Swan's gonna be there. Smoke show, smoke show of a human being. Great looking cat, but he embraces you with fucking massive energy. Of all the good looking dudes, we know, where would you put him? Whe would you rank him?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 2: You know, people three, he's top three that would need to be a tiar talk handsome most handsome dudes. Yeah, he's top three on people that we know or have been on the bus. You got Riley Green, he's up there. Who else Mark Mark? Yeah, Mark from Midland. Yeah. And then you got Pulse one on. He's just said though, he's an awesome dude. And then I'm I'm laughing about the video you made last year JP or you were like what were you doing? You were like walking? You're like going with the race?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I had I set my phone up and I just put like NASCAR sound under and I just ran across the street real fast.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't forget tonight. As you guys are listening right now. Push up Tuesday, Yeah, JP PMCT G GT J Hovey three four, J Heavy three four. He'll be going live. We will be going live. Where should we start? Should hit shout out no free shot out of the weekor pet Peep of the week. Let's hit pet Peep of the week.
Speaker 6: I have one yes or no question for you guys that everybody needs to go around to answer. I was pulling people all weekend. H Taylor, you can answer first. Do you pee in the pool?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, art.
Speaker 2: No, don't lie, Mitch, I swear to God, I've repeat in the pool.
Speaker 3: Don't say never. Just don't say that.
Speaker 2: When you were young, Okay, maybe when I was never Okay. I do not consciously piss in the pool. Jack.
Speaker 3: If we're ever in the pool together and you guys see be some away.
Speaker 7: If you have the opportunity to, like pissing like a bush or something, you should, But sometimes it happens.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that answer, but sometimes it happens.
Speaker 6: I think the answer is just yes, yeah, I peen the pool almost every time I go to the pool, the pool, I gotta hurry because I got a pee exactly.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what's weird, though, is like peeing in the pool when your torses in the pool is fine. But if somebody stood up and just pissed in the pool, but you hey, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: But but it's the same thing. Yeah, yeah, it's the same ship. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a good point. That's a good point. Yeah, I don't know about the whole.
Speaker 2: There are some people that are strong about that. I remember my pool for three hours yesterday. Didn't get out once. I did to get the ball a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, no, I did not pee. No, Yeah, I did not get out to pee. Correct, correct? I do I pen the pol I remember one time people were really tripping because I tweeted that I peed the cold tub or the hot tub in the facility.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hot tub can be different.
Speaker 3: Hot tub can be different because it gets smelly and it's Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's close quarters, like you're you're sitting in the hot tub in one place for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Dude, have you ever peen in the cold tub after a hard practice and you kind of look down and you can kind of say the yellow, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The yellow You kind of like mess the water.
Speaker 5: But this is the same dude that eats ribs with a fork.
Speaker 2: That happened one time.
Speaker 3: That happened one time.
Speaker 5: That happened one time.
Speaker 2: My hands.
Speaker 3: So you guys don't be in hot tubs.
Speaker 1: No, sounds like a lot of boys in the back don't know how to handle their meat. Jack, do you pee in the hot t.
Speaker 2: I mean I yes, fifty fifty Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think I feel like when you're in a hot tub, though you're not in there for a same amount of time, like fifteen to twenty minutes, maybe you.
Speaker 3: Know how it is when you hit the hot water as soon as those toes at the hot water, it.
Speaker 7: Almost too like in cold water it would make more sense.
Speaker 2: Are you think about every time you get in a hot shower? Yeah, I pee in the shower. The whole prank too, if you put their hand in a warm bowl of water, not a cold bowl of water up. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The heat makes you want to pay, you know.
Speaker 2: I I before I've gotten in the hot tub, and then I get in the hot tub and I pee again.
Speaker 7: I think the close quarters makes it a little weirder, and the cold tub that that's criminal.
Speaker 3: That's criminal. But we're talking.
Speaker 7: I also was just in a cold tub with Taylor like two weeks.
Speaker 3: Time out, time out, time out.
Speaker 2: That's like you're you're in a uh, you're in a fucking as a health of time. And I didn't pee in there.
Speaker 3: You're in a I appreciate that you're in a little tub, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: There's not the only reason I feel like I'm completely the fines saying I've peed in the hot tubs and cold tubs throughout my career is because there's so much fucking chlorine in that thing. I mean, by the end of the season. My my hairs are like fried off my fucking legs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, a pe in a bath dumb.
Speaker 2: I had no issue with that either.
Speaker 8: Definitely, I'm an issue with that, like your bath, like your bathwater that you're cleaning yourself, but it's only you in there.
Speaker 2: So it's like, if you do that's terri I know would take I would take.
Speaker 3: I'm trying not to do that, but I would take Ebsence salt baths twice a week, one right after the game and then one.
Speaker 2: To run Friday.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if you're laying in there doing that little piece would kind of bob.
Speaker 2: A little bit. So I start peeing. It would almost break the water.
Speaker 3: You could see it pushing up like something's going on down there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I pee in the hot and the cold, in the in the tub and the all of them. All of them little tubs are like those troughs when you know the boys are getting in and out. I'll stay out of that big facilities in that.
Speaker 3: Did you know it's a bit of a rush. You feel like you're being sneaky taking it.
Speaker 2: Dump in a lake aqua dump, Yeah, dropping an aquaedump out there, Say you're whether you're a party cove or you're just out never done that.
Speaker 3: But I also haven't been around a whole lot of lakes my life. I mean, I'm just saying I've pinched a few off out there in the lakes before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's comfortable, like a fifty yards swim away or you.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, I'm not trying to ship. We're I'm hanging out float that ship. That would be so funny. What's funny is you just feel like you're you're swim trunks just down around your knees waterline drowning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you to float or you kind of find some ground like shallow or not. I've done both, do both, but it's an aqua dump.
Speaker 2: So it's it's fun. It's a fun experience. Episode one, you saw it. I have big plot line Episode one of short season one peeve pet peve the Week.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, back to back to pet peeve for the week.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, I'll go go ahead. My pet peeve of the week is going to go back to traffic. Dude, when you are at a light and the other the crossing traffic, the left and right, and you're going north and south, they're going east and west and there's nowhere to go. It's backed up traffic and cars choose to go into the like into the median area when they know they can't move, and then the light turns red and then your light turns green, there's nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: That is my pet peeve of the week.
Speaker 1: Like just if you don't have the room to go, it's okay to miss the light, but you're fucking up everybody else and that shit pisses me off. I almost caught one to day, but instead I caught somebody running a red light instead. Just fucking crazy. That is my pet pee of the week.
Speaker 3: That's a good one, you guys got I guess I should go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My pet peeve of the week is uh coffee cup leakage.
Speaker 2: When you have that to go coffee cup and the caps on top, and it's usually the uh was it the foaming type cup? It's like phone mix with plastic type deal styur pham or cardboard A fuck, I don't know. But when you get the lid on top and you're taking a sip and the coffee finds some leakage somewhere in the rim no matter what, because it's got that paper ish rim that pisses me off. Number one, It happened over the weekend. Some coffee cup leakage my white shirt that I was gonna do for family photos. I had to retire it. But I just feel like that always happens with those paper cups. That's what it fucking is, paper cups.
Speaker 3: When you get the.
Speaker 2: Paper cups with the lid, dude, I'm telling you, never holds it, never fucking holds. And we gotta do something about that. Need more plastic. But my pet peeve of the week is coffee cup leakage. Gee.
Speaker 4: My pet peeve of the week is when I'm driving and I see someone in a nice car smoking a cigarette with the windows up.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: That pisses you off? Yeah, I mean let me drive that nice car. You can smoke a cigarette in my car out there, or crack the window, or just don't smoke a cigarette in your car. In general, my pet peeve is when I see someone hot boxing their leather interior with a cigarette.
Speaker 2: I have to disagree.
Speaker 3: It's his his pet peeve.
Speaker 2: It gets this, that gets this fucking blood going, Dude, that gets your blood going. Brother, what if somebody was doing that in your new car outside.
Speaker 3: Well, that's different if they're doing it in your car, if it's my vehicle, right, leather seats, leather seats.
Speaker 2: Don't really hold the smoke. Like, that's not a pet peeve, that's you crossed the lines. Now you're running to a whole different issue, right, But it wouldn't piss you off to see someone with a cigarette.
Speaker 3: In their car. I'm just thinking, no, you're you're icky.
Speaker 2: Hey you gotta crack the window, just like, hey, that's more for you than this for anybody else. But do your thing. Boss kills me. I'm sorry you would do that.
Speaker 3: Mates, what do you got, big dog? Put some enthusiasm in your voice.
Speaker 8: My pet peeve of the week this week is something that happens to me and I just feel so so dumb after it. It's when you're gonna say something and like something that's like happens and then you're it's like you're trying to talk again and you forget what you're gonna say. You literally just feel like the biggest idiot and like I like playing football, Like is this CT coming on?
Speaker 2: Like what's going on in my head right now?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Am I just dumb?
Speaker 3: But you're saying your pet beeve is when you forget what you're saying.
Speaker 8: No, when you're gonna like say something, and like somebody else says something real quick, and then it's your turn to talk again, and you forget what you're gonna say, and you're just like, well, now I just look like an idiot, because now I don't. I'm just sitting here not saying anything.
Speaker 2: I got, dude, frustrations with yourself?
Speaker 3: Is that piss me off?
Speaker 8: That negative self talk? Immediately just yeah, you're a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: Man, What are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 3: Bonita fish big?
Speaker 2: You go ahead. You get their reference? Anybody get their reference? Yeah, so i'd say they're pretty big. I'm sorry. He's like, oh, I forgot what I was gonna say. Yeah, Jack, what's yours?
Speaker 7: I thought we've talked about this before, but I don't think it was a pet peeve I've had. PEP of the week is especially on it's your close friends people Vinmo requesting you for under like ten dollars, especially if it's to like a decimal point like four thirty four for the coffee.
Speaker 2: That shit pisces me off?
Speaker 3: Did you say this one already?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you did have I I think, but it's still a good waybe even within a month ago.
Speaker 7: Don't think it was.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll double down on it because it's always the cats who flex their money. Vinmo requesting you for fucking four thirty four and it didn't happen to me this past weekend, but it's had me in the past, and now I just came across my head and I think it's one of those things is if it's a stranger, that's fine, if you got a Vimo request me eight dollars or I have to do it to you because like we went and got drinks and like I paid for your girlfriend something or whatever it is. But when it's your good friend, when you know it's gonna come back around, it bugs me when people try and Vimmo request you for seven dollars or something bullshit. It's like we're grown ups, Like I'll get the next one.
Speaker 2: Let's just call it it that.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, I might have said that one before, but I think in my mind and if thank.
Speaker 2: You for doing it. So that's that's where.
Speaker 6: Oh my pet peeve of the Week goes to pedestrians with zero road integrity or bike riders when people are I'm mainly thinking of like runners and bikers when they're running on the road but there's a sidewalk right here, and they're just causing everybody to have to get over into the next lane when you could easily just be on the sidewalk or somebody's.
Speaker 2: Coming then you got to slow down for a mint to let them pass, so then you can kind of exactly roundabout way around them, and you know, they hear you.
Speaker 5: And like you're running on the road and I don't know, it just bugs me.
Speaker 2: Or when people just you know, when you think in your head you're about to cross the street, like they're not gonna hit me. Can't It'll be murder. So you just kind of use your power to your advantage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: College town's like I don't know how Nebraska is, but ann Albert, Michigan, the motherfuckers will just step right in front of the road. You'll be on your little best right. Hey, I could have just took you out, but it's like that, It's like, hey, that'd be murder. Yeah, why yes, I'm want to break from them boys sometimes, so I understand that Pep Mike riders are big in Arizona too, especially in the winter time. The little shorts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm understand. If you've got a road bike, can you be on the road. But if you're just on a normal bike, there's a sidewalk for.
Speaker 2: A reason, right right, right right? How about you out on, no free shot out, let's get some positivity. Yeah, all right with you. List. I think I got something. I got something in the bank right now, I think my shout out, no free shout out of the week? Oh before we start, should hit an end? Can we hit them? Do we.
Speaker 5: What do we got left?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sport Clips. Yeah, talk to him about sport clips. Shout out, no free shout out to sport clips. Gentlemen. We want it all.
Speaker 1: We want to play it by ear and have definite plans, and we want to overshare life stories and remain mysterious. We want to be hip and wear the same sweatshirt every day. But sadly, we can't have it all unless we're at sport Clips haircuts, where you can tune into the game and tune out of work pings, where we can put our hair in our hands of pros and put our brains on do not stir at sport clips, we get unbeatable haircuts and some uninterrupted downtime. I'll just support support uninterrupted downtime with the MVP experience, complete with massaging shampoos and a hot steam towels. In other words, we get to have it all. Walk in or check in online sport clips. It's a game changer. Your hands are so warm, I know helped. Oh good, that was nice. That's my shoutout boys supporting boys, a warm hand on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: But my shot on no free shot out is when all the boys decide on a spot to eat. Sometimes you get caught in a little indecision. You're like, man, what are we gonna do? Boys, what are we gonna do? Last week when we had strikeout wings and we all decided like, oh, let's do strikeout wings, we decided on a couple of a couple of sauces were.
Speaker 3: Up in the air.
Speaker 2: But when we nailed in what we wanted to do, when we were fired up about it, that energy is good and that is my shot at no free shot out. When you and your boys or group of friends, you guys all decide on the spot to eat, especially if it comes right out of the game. And you're like, oh, let's go here, and just like yours, dude start chest pumping and hugging, high fiving. It's my shoutout.
Speaker 3: Anybody else have a shut up.
Speaker 6: I shout out, no free shout out. You don't really do it as much when you're older. I guess you still do. But is ordering a pizza? You know how I feel about delivery. I don't usually do delivery, but getting a pizza delivered to the pool, and I'm really thinking about when you're growing up, you're with your friends, somebody's mom or you guys all throw in to get some Papa John's or Domino's Caesars, and you sometimes when you got the extra for the two leaders soda, it's nothing better than having that pizza delivered to the pool and just hanging out in your one table.
Speaker 5: So that's my shoutout, no free shoutout.
Speaker 2: You talk about tag teams out there, A pizza and a two liter of cola, crazy duo. I don't want a large farva. Yeah yeah, I love I just threw two in there too, like you said two. I think he's just a leader. Yeah, but you know lyrical, Oh good, yeah, yeah, pie.
Speaker 7: My shout out two people and in activity. But the two people are Derek Lyle and Claire Lyle. There are friends who just got married in New Orleans this weekend. But my shout out revolves around the second line. And if you've ever been to a New Orleans wedding, I just had my first one. The second line, after the initial party for the reception, you go outside and you like get a permit basically, and it's just a parade for like twenty minutes. You walk with the whole wedding party through the main streets of New Orleans. They got a whole band walking with you. People are smoking cigars, everyone's got the handkerchiefs. It's like a traditional thing and you're just dancing having a good time, like couldn't be beat And they also do it when you die, so for the birth of your marriage and then the death of yourself. And it's a beautiful thing, like everyone couldn't be like happy about it. You're hugging, you're kissing. It's fun. So shout out to the second line, but more importantly, shout out to Derek and Clare Lyle for their beautiful marriage and an awesome wedding weekend.
Speaker 3: Fifty to fifty shop boys.
Speaker 2: Good luck doing a big kurd ball with that death part too.
Speaker 7: Well, my grandfather had a second line. I forgot about it and I told my mom about the second line. She's like, you remember Papa Bear was his name, we called him and I was like no, and she showed me all these photos and I'm like, having, you know a time because I'm a little kid when it happened. But everyone's crying. But it's a beautiful thing. I think, you know a way to celebrate someone's life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to go back for a second. You called your grandpa Papa Bear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mama Bear and Papa Bear.
Speaker 2: That is cool. I like that a lot. Have you had conversations with Charo about we're gonna be called as grandfather grandpa boys? Yeah, Grandpa. I guess I do have a shout out.
Speaker 4: My shoutout is gonna go to uh well, it just kind of came to the dome real quick, go off top.
Speaker 2: We drove to New Orleans a group of iy.
Speaker 5: Of us.
Speaker 4: I was one, and I just want to shout out to when the person that decides to drive does the whole trip, you know, you make a couple of pit stops, you offer like, hey, let me get in there, Like I'm feeling pretty antsy in the shotgun seat, but shout.
Speaker 3: Out let them know, like, hey, whenever you want to go ahead.
Speaker 4: Never I kind of was like asking a lot because I wanted something to do. But yeah, shout out to the person that makes the long haul driving us seven plus hours.
Speaker 3: That's a good off. Top shout out that shout.
Speaker 8: Out my shout out know for shadow. This week goes to a good book. I just I just started a book last week. It's actually a book that my pop up gave me, recommended me. Up is my grandfather nice? My mom pop up?
Speaker 2: They watched the show every single day?
Speaker 3: Did they watch the show?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yes? Who was it?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 2: South Carolina? My aunt? Your aunt? You? Was it your grandmother there or something?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: She just has white hair. But yeah, so he he.
Speaker 8: I went when I was home for when we had our week off, I visited my grandparents and they, like, I was just talking about books and stuff, and he recommended this book.
Speaker 2: It's called Orphan X.
Speaker 8: It sounds dope and so I'm only like one hundred pages into it, but it's so it's really good. So far, so when you find that good book where you're like, Okay, I can't read it, I can't wait to read it again, or you can't put it down. It's like a cool little feeling because it's not like you're watching a show. You're like actually reading and kind of like more sophisticated and watching a show. I think, so I shout out her for Shadow goes through a good book?
Speaker 3: Are you a guy that when you do you think you're better than us?
Speaker 1: You a guy when you read a book and then you see the movie get out of the movie theater and you go, it was good, but the book is.
Speaker 2: So much better.
Speaker 8: I haven't really read many you know his bitch asses like that, dude. Yeah, there's many books that were like got put into like movies. I guess, Harry Potter, I never read the books. Those books are Oh.
Speaker 2: I read the first one. I thought the movie was better.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: I thought the movie was better, not the book. Oh man, ma'am sick man. That's dope.
Speaker 3: Uh you talk this week? Well, I would love to do my shodow. No fore Shadow, you didn't do yours? No, brother, that is all right. That is my bad. That's my bad.
Speaker 1: Uh my shout no fore shadow goes to getting the week started correctly. Woke up this morning at six am and got myself a nice little rollout, hit the uh the jew of Light for ten minutes, got to roll out in, hit the cold tub. After that, went chorn, got all the shit done. By the time the kids were up, I was kind of knocked out most of the mon only felt good about the rest of my day. So shout out, getting your day, your week started the correct way, that's what shut up.
Speaker 3: Can we go to your talk first? Can we talk about them shoes? What about them?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, come.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've had these boys for almost.
Speaker 2: Ten years now.
Speaker 3: Those holes just got They were like that all this year A twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Those have been like that for five years.
Speaker 1: The holes in the literally, as I was re following Jeffrey Simmons on Instagram and telling him it wasn't personal, I looked back and there was literally a photo of me wearing these shoes and he said he DM me and said, I'm buying you a new pair of Vans.
Speaker 2: This is getting out of you had holes in You've had holes in both for the last five years. Yeah, I'm just not noticing. Yeah, I could probably find a photo quickly. Yeah, I would like to be the last podcast we did. Yeah, maybe you gotta figure that out. What's wrong with these? Come on, you got holes in them? They're still good? No or not?
Speaker 3: You can get a new pair of black vans.
Speaker 5: We'll listen to him, Taylor, don't listen to him.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a pair of ogs. I mean slip on any time. I love these shoes. You see the sweat marks ill work out in these two. I ain't say you don't have to love them anymore. I'm just saying you need to wear some different shoes.
Speaker 4: I know you guys want to hit to your talk before I got one more shot for everybody.
Speaker 2: Double shut out. Father's Day this weekend. Shout out to all the fathers.
Speaker 3: On that note.
Speaker 2: Father's Day merch Amen, buy it and give it to your dad a week late, but still buy it. Yeah. Yeah, I'm at the Tier Talk this week, which is presented to us by touro UH, the world's largest car sharing marketplace. Booking SUV for a road trip, something easy, affordable, UH forgetting around on vacation or test driving EV you can just test drive these cars just go to turo dot com. Uh find your drive. Forget forget boring rental cars. Every trip is backed by liability interests as well. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply all right to your talk best sports nicknames of all time? And this is.
Speaker 3: Nonfiction non fiction.
Speaker 2: Non fiction cannot include movies, cannot include books or fiction. Who wants to start it off? Who wants to go first? Are we going back to the bus. We've got a couple back down that want to throw the hat in the ring to make it on the graphic.
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 2: List right, I don't have a list.
Speaker 3: There we go. We got a few of you back there. Who wants to kick it off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go ahead, JP, I got mine, all right, it's gonna be fun. This gonna be a good little time. Hear about the old nicknames real listen war stories.
Speaker 6: I know it seems like all the older people have the best nicknames, but maybe not. Honorable mention will go to white Chocolate. I don't even know. Uh yeah, yeah, I mean he gave hope to every single white kid that ever played basketball, and he's.
Speaker 5: Gotten better like as time has gone on.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you ever hear his interviews or anything, he's just like, uh, the white Chocolate lives on forever, and that's one of the best nicknames.
Speaker 5: He defied all odds.
Speaker 6: He did defy all odds and fun fact, he was a football player of the Year the same year that Randy Moss was basketball player of the Year at the same high school. Okay, Tier three Julius doctor Jay Irving. I think anytime you throw in the doctor label into a nickname, and with how smooth he played, you know, the iconic rock the Baby Dunk.
Speaker 5: It's like you're a doctor out there.
Speaker 6: You're just clinical on the cour saving people's lives, saving people's lives and taking people's lives. Number two, this is recency bias big time, and it's tough because of an upcoming fight. But I have the Notorious at number two, and what's cool about it is fighting. It's tougher because those guys can easily lose, but he lived up to his name, Connor the Notorious McGregor. So I just think Notorious is a dope is a dope name. Yeah, and Tier one shout out to one of my favorite movies of all time. It's not a movie character, but Calvin Johnson Megatron because I just pictured all of the sounds. When he's putting on his pads in his helmet. I picture him transforming in that moment and becoming Megatron. So those are my that's my tiar.
Speaker 2: Talk great, nice, doctor, solid, tough. Here me go. No, I think I'm gonna jump in and go. Think I'm gonna jump in here and go before and he gets gets caught. My honorable mention is going to also be white chocolate. I was bummed when you said that. I was like, fuck, I thought it might be the one. That's what made me think immediately like I gotta chime in here and get it, get in this. I've had white chocolate jersey hanging in my closet that was gifted to me by Shad Breeland from when we were on Washington. Yes, nothing like when you when when a brother gives you a white chocolate jersey. It's like getting an invite to the cookout. Nothing better than being referred to as white chocolate in your craft.
Speaker 3: My Tier three.
Speaker 2: The Hick from French Lick Larry Bird, my Tier two. Love this one, Love this one, Come Bucket. Jonathan Kaminga. Jonathan Kaminga is a Small four for the Golden State Warriors. And this one doesn't have any backstory. The fans just skipped this guy, this god tier nickname as soon as he was drafted. Give a nickname, come bucket incredible.
Speaker 3: That is my Tier two. Love that name.
Speaker 2: My Tier one is straight paying homage Walter Payton. Sweetness. That is my Tier one, Walter Payton. I wanted to be Walter Payton when I was when I was young, But that's my that is my uh, that's my favorite nickname. I love to watching Walter in all of his highlights. My dad was obsessed with the the eighty six eighty six Bears, so he'd always talk to me about Walter Payton, how he would run that hill until he threw up, just all the stuff, all the Walter Bayton stories. So my tier one nickname of sports thing name of all time, sweetness, Walter Payton. That concludes my tear talk enthusiastic, old school unifying, horny throwbacks, throwbacks.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll go.
Speaker 1: My autiable mention is going to go to someone who is extremely controversial, and that is shoeless Joe Jackson getting his name when he had blisters on his feet, so he took his shoes off at back at bat when he went played for the White Sox. Now this man should be in the Hall of Fame of the MLB. However, is not because he was paid twenty thousand dollars to throw a game in the World Series, forever being banished to the MLB. But I think shoeless Joe Jackson, and it's a cool fucking name, so I mess with it. Also, the other teammates are now called the Black Sox. My Tier three is going to go to Wayne Gretzky, the Great One. I think you get a name like the Great One. It just seems like I recently watched Pokemon with my daughter in the second movie, and Ash was like the one. And if those is all this mythology of these three legendary Pokemon, he was the one. I was like, Man, it be so sick to be like the chosen one. But Wayne Gretzky is the great One. My Tier two is gonna be a salute to Kobe Bryant the Black Mamba. What a fucking badassing name? Is there anything else to say?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: That is First off, snakes are the scariest thing in the world of me. They got no arms, but they moved swiftly, and the black mom with the all the intensity of everything he did, the two am workouts, all that stuff. Everybody loves Kobe Bryant. And my tier one goes to Dale Earnhardt Junior's dad, the Intimidator. I dude, if you you all right? Is sport and your nickname is the Intimidator.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a.
Speaker 1: Whole lot more badass than that. So a typically cat the Dale are her r ip. That is my true talk.
Speaker 9: Legends, pioneers, tough, great, mm hmm, studs, sick, sick.
Speaker 4: All right, my tier talk for nicknames. My honorable mention is gonna go to Johnny Football.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: That's on.
Speaker 4: My tier three is gonna go to the King Derrick Henry. Tier two is gonna go to the Freak Javon Curse. And Tier one is gonna go to Air McNair's Steve McNair, Homer.
Speaker 2: Lena see Titans nice, Oh sick is it?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah yeah, I forget, I forget you already went today. My my honorable mention this uh, this is more of a new newer one. The legend was born twenty eighteen on the run to the Super Bowl, Big Dick Nick Foles.
Speaker 5: I think that that's just hilarious.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: Number three also an Eagles guy, Shady McCoy with Sean McCoy.
Speaker 2: I just think that's kind of a cool little nickname. And then my Tier two, please don't be from Philly, like, get off the tip, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Number two the sheriff Peyton Manny did not He's not from phillydlay in Philadelphia. So same as I said, Yeah, that is true, that is very true. And my Tier one, uh, one of the smoothest swings in baseball of all time. The kid Ken Griffy Jr.
Speaker 2: Cheese Stick, Big Top Heavy Dreams. Yeah, can't so I'm going with Delco.
Speaker 3: You guys are wrong. I had to get it in right before Jack.
Speaker 2: Dreams and Nightmares. He uh, the King, Derek Henry Lebron James, who's the real King? Who is the real King? Yeah? I don't think it's much of bet No King James right right there? Oh man? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well they hell of a pod, hell of a pod today. They did their best. The podcast gods did their best to funk up our week.
Speaker 2: Nope, run the comments up, dude, you know what I wish. I wish we had a comment session section like the Shane Gittler spot. Do you ever do you ever jump on his episodes and just look at the comment sections? No, nuts, they're the best? Are they really are the best? Have you guys? They're the best, right, they're the best. Alright, sorry, the best, the best? Right?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? Like right when we get off here, go take go take a peek, click on any episode. Just watch the dogs show up for an episode. Watch the dogs. It's it's all calling out our fans. So we need to see our fans get involved more. Just start dropping someone like, sure you know what's was saying. Surely but so slowly, but surely we're getting really but we're getting some out there.
Speaker 3: But dude, it's it's all time. It's so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I love that, dude. That fires me up. For sure.
Speaker 3: It's to Shane's pod but Matt and Shane's secret podcasts.
Speaker 1: Well, boys, we'll see you next week. Run these numbies up. We need it more than ever.
Speaker 2: Big hugs, Tony kisses.
Speaker 3: Subscribe