Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow Wow, what a game, What a classic. Alabama takes down Georgia. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite out Cheah Sharp, he is your favorite. Number eighty five Liberty Cities own the Rock Runner Extraordinary, the Bengal Ring of Fame honoree the pro Bowler, the All Pro, leading the league and receiving the EFC Nubrous Time. That's Chad o Jo Sinko Johnson Row point a Row, just call him Ocho. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Remember every subscriber matters, and we like to thank you. I would like to thank you personally and Ojo for helping us matter.
Speaker 3: It's because of you.
Speaker 2: All the awards that you see in the backdrop is because of you, and so thank you so much for our success. But we could not have done it without you, and so now I want to take this time to personally thank you from un Ojo and Nightcap crew. Thank you so much our low fans. Make sure you go check out Shaye by Laportier. We have it in stock if you we're gonna be in about fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're not currently in a state or sitting near you, you can order it from my site and we'll ship it directly to your door.
Speaker 3: Thank you again.
Speaker 2: Please go follow my media Company's page on all platforms that Shay Shaped Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out punk and Ojot's are in stock. If you ordered merch in the last three weeks, it began shipping out. It shipped out last week. So it started shipping out late Thursday, early Friday. And so we're gonna continue until we get all and let us know.
Speaker 3: Hit us up. You can go to Shay Shaped Media, you can hit us up.
Speaker 2: At Nightcap, you can hit me up personally to let us know that you've started receiving your merch and we greatly greatly appreciate your support. O jo yo JANKI ass almost jinxed them. Can someone tell we can.
Speaker 3: Start Nightcap early because Alabama got this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, listen, that's what I thought it was. Listen. The game was lopsided the whole first half.
Speaker 5: I had no idea that they were gonna mismanage the clock and allow Jeordian to get back into the game. This is this is a rule of thumb for coaches. Don't take your foot off the gas. You're allowed them to get back in the game. The game shouldn't even been that close. Continue to run the same office you're running.
Speaker 3: It's hard. It was no need to come off the gas. Huh.
Speaker 2: It's a lot easier said than done. We watched this in a Super Bowl. A team be up twenty eight to three and still try to be aggressive and it bit them in the butt. You put Matt Ryan in the shotgun, the guy misses the block, you cost them a fumble.
Speaker 3: You know what you just said? Keyword.
Speaker 5: We saw a team still try to be aggressive. Alma try to be aggressive. They were very vanilla the second half.
Speaker 3: But they didn't be aggressive. They won. The other team was aggressive and lost. Now which would you rather be?
Speaker 2: The thing is the way I look at it, and what I try to explain to people Ohoe is like, look, when you have the momentum, how much separation can you put between you and the team that you have the momentum? Because eventually they're going to get it. They're going to get the momentum. And when they do, how much distance have you separated yourself?
Speaker 3: Enough? Now?
Speaker 2: Alabama? Because what happened they got conservative. Your defense they couldn't get off the field on fourth down. Ojo Georgia was one for thirteen on third down, but they were five for five on fourth down. Your defense can't get off the field, your offense can't stay on the field. So Georgia is keeping you on the field ten twelve plays. Alabama's going three and out. So if you're bringing that tired defense right back on the field, what do you think is gonna happen? And so the next thing you know, now you're out of rhythm. The other team is in the rhythm, and now you're holding on for dear life.
Speaker 3: So I get it. It's a lot. I'm telling you, having been in both situations.
Speaker 2: On Joe, I believe it's easy to play from behind than it is with the lead, because you could throw caution to the win.
Speaker 3: O Joe, we already down twenty seven, So what the hell I got to lose? Let it RiPP You know, it's funny.
Speaker 5: Why couldn't Georgia play the way they did in the second half when you're throwing caution to the win and start off.
Speaker 3: The game like that, start off the game like that.
Speaker 5: But I think, listen, if you, if you were to write this story again or right how you would want this game to go.
Speaker 6: There was no better ending than the one they had the night.
Speaker 5: This has to be the best collegiate game of the year, and I'm not sure there's another another game that will top it. This year based on what we saw tonight. What we saw tonight was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You got to heavy. Wait, I thought the game was over.
Speaker 5: I left, I stopped watching the game, and when they had a cigar break, I went to took a cigar break.
Speaker 3: I come back in and Georgie got a lead. I'm like, wait a minute, but what happened. Well, now I got to rewind the TV back and then and then and let it run forward to catch back up.
Speaker 2: Alabama DB's and any defensive back ro stop celebrating when you break. If you can make a pig, make the pig right. In fact, they that's the difference between the good corners and the great corners. Ed Reed was a safety, but he came down with the ball. Brian came down with the ball. Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, it's not good enough. I'm doing no, no, no, no no. I'm trying to take these possessions, the defensive possessions, and turn them into points. So that's the Alabama. You know, oh, you strapping him down, but you do realize they got too more. They got two more downs to try to get a first down or maybe a touchdown. So why you're celebrating and you should he you happy. But bro, if you get your hands on the ball, bro, you got to come down with it like the dB did in the last player of the game.
Speaker 3: That was a big time player.
Speaker 5: A freshman at that. Yeah, freshman at that And I like I like that he played to a strength too. I'm wondering if it was the defensive coordinator's choice to have him play off on that so he can get his head, so he can get his head around around and on the ball, as opposed to being impressed and be playing from trail and then having to turn around and look and losing the ball.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons why you got that pick.
Speaker 5: But another thing I want to say about about DB's is ninety five percent of dbs play not to get beat, and it's all percentage about five percent of them that play to make a play.
Speaker 3: And that for that that small percentage, that five percent.
Speaker 5: Are those that always turn out to be great, always turn out to be great.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest difference between the college dB and the NFL dB is the ability to attract the football.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but really.
Speaker 2: Good wall you hey, you know after certain hey, if you notice watch the watch the really great def the NFL DB's watch how soon they're like jam turned.
Speaker 3: They'll start looking to head back, head back right away.
Speaker 2: The ball got to be coming up. You too far down the field for the ball not to be coming Yeah. And so that's that's one of the difference. And the skill set. It is a skill I can't teach you that you're born with. That that is innate. Every reasonability to find the football, prime the ability to find the football. Rod Woodson charge even the great corners. Uh uh, Trayvon Diggs, that is God.
Speaker 6: Give hey, Trayvon is the goddamn ball home.
Speaker 3: That's that's God. I can't teach you that, O Joe.
Speaker 2: That's instinct that it is, and people don't understand that. And I made the comparison to day. If you watch Travis Hunter, his ball skills are comparable to a because you think about it, he's made like two or three of those interceptions. He's like he's playing off and he watched the corner and he's diving and laying out. You watch him undercut that ball at colorad at Colorado State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's bro. Everybody can't do that.
Speaker 5: That's pure instinct to be able to come off. To be able to come off that and know it's coming. Yes, pure instinct. That he's you know who you remind me of another player.
Speaker 3: Has pure instinct, pure instinct.
Speaker 5: And superior ball skills that doesn't get the credit they deserve that.
Speaker 3: Samuel Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Samon.
Speaker 5: And Reeves is another one who doesn't get the credit. We know he's in the Hall of Fame. We understand how greedy is, we understand what he did that two thousand and nine season and locking up all time greats. But his ball skills on his ball skill, his technique, his patience, here ride you and once you get past ten yards, man, that head come around so goddamn fast. Yes, to be able to locate that ball. And that's what half is interceptions came from.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But see the thing is with him, like those other guys, you could tell they were offensive guys because when they they hey, they ain't trying to knock it down. Every was trying to take it and trying to pick it and go to the.
Speaker 3: House and go to the house every time. Ryme would it.
Speaker 2: If you look at those guys, that's why you see them guys seven eight nine, ten return touch returns for touchdown because they're trying to take defense and automatically turn it into offense, and that that is a god gift. I can't teach you that, son. I can't teach you how to find the ball. I just can't. I can't teach you to like. No, Okay, this is a two by one. They're gonna try to overlap this. I gotta play two by one. Yes, I got the inside. I gotta make sure the inside because I got the outside. Guy, I bout two by one because I got to worry about the scene also, O Joe. But I got the go route. Yeah, yeah, I know y'all try to do. I got this two by one. I'm an overlapp you. I'm gonna make you think I ain't got this scene. But I'm a picket when you throw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it is, it is. It is is an unbelievable game tonight Alabama. Jalen mill Rod was sensational again. Twenty seven or thirty three three seventy four two touchdowns. He had an interception and tight end has to understand on the pic on the pit he needs to widen because Jalen Millro can see what he can't if he'd a led him, he wouldn't have finished the rest of the game because that linebacker. Yeah, what decapitated the bojoe. And so that's what you have to do. You have to widen the guy. Widen him so Jalen Milro can fit it in that game. See, that's why he put it on his back shoulder because he's a ladd him.
Speaker 3: Yeah out, Oh for sure, sure, this is very smart.
Speaker 5: Mirror's part to know that the sometimes listen, a quarterback is save you every time.
Speaker 6: Of course you're doing can save you every time.
Speaker 2: That that that's the thing, the one that can save you because anytime you get a collision, it's the quarterback's fault. Yeah, because he can see what you can. I'm trusting you that you're not gonna leave me the harm. I'm trusting you. I'm gonna do everything I can. Either I'm gonna catch it or I'm gonna break it up. All I ask you is not have the ambulance come on the field to get me. So so you're absolutely right. But the tight end he needs to understand. But he's young. You talked about something that I've over years old cho to know the whiden and sometimes you gotta get you gotta you know, you gotta get hit in your head to understand.
Speaker 3: That that it hurts. Whiden the guy.
Speaker 2: Give Jalen Milroe some room to protect you from the inside guy. But he went in there hard. Jaylen Milroe tried to back show him. He popped it up and in the process he was about to catch it, but the dB hit it. And now, hey, that's safety for Georgia seventeen. Yeah, he could play I'm thinking sixteen or seventeen of the white which one was it? Because he got a pick. He can play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he can play. He gonna play on Sundays. Oh yeah, definitely. He's got that. You don't see a whole lot of he got skills.
Speaker 5: This is the funny thing about it. When you talk about going to the next level. This is the closes you're gonna get to an NFL game because all the talent that are under seen. If you're gonna stand out on film in a game like this, when in Georgia, when in Georgia, Alabama, where it's a bunch of five four four star, five star players and you standing out on film like the safety you just called out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's professional. Yeah, that boy.
Speaker 5: Listen, that young bull that receive it, that's only seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah that right, Ryan Williams. Man, listen, man, Ryan Williams. I know you're gonna see this. Listen.
Speaker 6: I know you ain't old enough.
Speaker 3: I know you ain't old enough to party.
Speaker 6: But when you see this, boy, I need you to send me a DM.
Speaker 3: I a jersey sign. I need a jersey side.
Speaker 5: If I don't get a jersey sign in less than twenty five if you don't see me a DM in less than twenty four.
Speaker 6: Hours, he ain't getting none of that in il money.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I know we're talking about Alabama Georgia, right, I got a message with two more players.
Speaker 6: Hold on so they know I mean Ben's hold on because they think hold on.
Speaker 2: But there was a big time game. There's a lot of big time talent on the fields. This game was littered with four and five star recruits. You look at the offense and defensive line, you look at the skill position, you look at the linebackers. This is a I mean, there's a reason why Georgia and Alabama naturally year in and year out in the top five and recruiting because when you played the brand of football, and they see all those guys going to the NFL from the University of Georgia, from the University of Alabama. Same thing with Ohio State and some of those Big ten teams, ain't hey, I want to be like that.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to be like Amari Cooper. I want to be like.
Speaker 2: A Jerry Judy and all these other guys, uh that went from Alabama who is it Calvin Ridley? And so I look at Georgia and you see all those defensive players, Na Kobe Dean, they had Walker, and they had a Jalen, the big d tackle.
Speaker 3: They got two of them, Jorge Davis. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Oh man, uh huh, No, I know n Kobe Dean, but the Jalen number ninety eight for the Philadelphia Eagles, they got two of them, Jordan Davis and the what's Jalen's last name?
Speaker 3: Carter? Jalen Carter, Jalen Carter.
Speaker 2: So when you see that pipeline, it's easy for because the recruiter, because the players recruits, cause you don't have to do a whole not Hey, y'all saw my resume. Y'all see, we got sixty guys in the NFL. We got fifty eight guys in the NFL. Hey, you see how much money.
Speaker 4: To a sign for.
Speaker 2: You see how much this got signed for. You see how much this got signed for.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So it's a lot easier to recruit when you have those guys do it doing that, y'all go ahead, don't your.
Speaker 6: So just letting the boy know I'm not even playing.
Speaker 5: I got three people, three people, everybody in the chat.
Speaker 6: Make sure they get this message. I know they gonna see the video.
Speaker 5: Ryan Williams, Jeremiah Smith and Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: I want a jersey. I want a jersey sign.
Speaker 5: In less than you got twenty four hours to send me a DM Get me a jersey down to Miami. If I don't have my jersey before Monday, before eight o'clock Monday, ain't nobody getting no nil money.
Speaker 3: And you know what that means. You see you see it? You listen.
Speaker 5: I ain't got this on for nothing. Ain't none of y'all getting no nil money, no mover the rest of the season. Ryan Williams, Jeremiah Smith.
Speaker 3: And Travis Hunt.
Speaker 5: I want my jersey FedEx Monday morning. You know how to get my address? Ask your coaches that's it, and I ain't even playing.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Georgia had twenty five first down Alabama had twenty one third down officials efficiency. Georgia was three or fifteen on third down. Alabama was three of eleven. On fourth down, Georgia was five or five, Alabama was one for two. Georgia had five hundred and nineteen yards of total off fense. Alabama had five forty seven of total offense completion completion with twenty seven and fifty for Georgia twenty seven of thirty three for Alabama. Russian yards. Alabama had one seventy three. Georgia had eighty penalties. Obama had ten for ninety Georgia had four for thirty five. I did think that that was a passing appearance right before the half on the on Georgia. I think the officials sometimes they get caught up in the games, like it's thirty, it's thirty to seven.
Speaker 3: It'll mean anything, but you gotta call it.
Speaker 2: That is PI And you're standing right there, and the bureau was he had every right to be hysterical because was p I. And you don't know that could have come back to Boytom, because you could have got the way they were rolling, I feel they're gonna probably get you know, three, maybe even seven out of that, push it to a thirty three to seven, maybe even a thirty seven to seven ball game. But give give Georgia credit. Uh, they didn't run. They could have easily like Fody shop. But give Kirbys mart and this staff for unbelievable job forgetting those guys to come out of the locker room and play extremely well. Carson Beck did not have his best game.
Speaker 3: He was horrible. Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, he threw, he threw, he threw a pick and had a fumble in the second half too. That was the reason why they got behind it. Remember I wasn't it behind like twenty eight nothing at one point?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So look, they're not very many They're not gonna see very many teams that can match that like Alabama.
Speaker 3: Alabama. Alabama's physical, Georgia physical.
Speaker 2: Uh. The offensive line is they're loaded with five star on both lines. They're loaded with five stars at this four and five start. The skill position players, very well coached. We know what Kirby Kirby is and he was the DC for Alabama in a lot of those years when they won national championships. He learned a lot under coach Saban. I like Alabama's hired to beer. He's sensation. He's a very good coach, very good offensive mind. And the guys played really well offensively. I just thought they got a little bit too conservative, O Joe. And when you get conservative, now you put your defense in a buying because a team takes them out there and they drag him out there ten twelve, fifteen plays. Your offense comes on the field, they go three and out, or maybe they get one first down. Put your tied defense right back on the field. They drag him out there again. Another ten twelve play drive. Your offense comes back in, it goes three and out. Now, O yo, Now you're asking for trouble. Yeah, you're asking for trouble. But give Alabama credit. They came out ready to fight tonight and they would take down the number two Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, nobody since.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one has beaten Georgia other than Alabama forty four and oh against every other.
Speaker 3: Team not yeah, but they'll be back. They will. They gonna they gonna meet, they gonna meet each other again.
Speaker 2: Uh, probably the CC Championship. Oh, yeah, probably the CC championship. But that was that was a ball game, and that was an unbelievable ball game. Xabi and Brown picks off Carson back in the end zone. He has a four turnovernight. Oh my goodness. Oh so there's a viral photo College game day this morning. A guy had a sign saying, my wife is having a baby, but I chose to be here roll time.
Speaker 3: Oh no, ay, his wife is having a baby. You know what. Obviously, knowing if his wife.
Speaker 5: Is a is an Alabama fan, she probably told him to go to the game. Oh yeah, knowing, knowing, knowing how much they love they tied.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you she told him to go to the game.
Speaker 3: But hold on.
Speaker 2: You remember the criticism that we caught when an NFL player said he.
Speaker 3: Would choose to play. You remember how all the women came at us. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah. Game.
Speaker 5: This is the thing you have to understand too. It all depends on the woman you're you're dealing with. It all depends on the woman that's having the child. Some women, depending on how much they understand how much you love that game, Like baby, If you don't get out there and make that goddamn money.
Speaker 3: They paying you millions of dollars for a reason.
Speaker 5: Yea yeah, all right, Now you get out there, do what you got to do, and you come on home. What's the name of the movie, but with Mary Chestnut when old girl was in the hospital and he went out there and played, and then he came and seen it after.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yea yea, yea yeah, yah, yea yeah, yeh yeah. Well he's the football player. Yeah, I forget.
Speaker 5: Depending on who you're married to, not the situation in the movie might have been a little different, but still the depend on who he married to, or depends on who you having a child from. There's a there's an understanding. This is the way we eat, this is the way you provide for us.
Speaker 2: Now he came by better o Joe said, Baby, I was trying to get to the hospital, but the car broke down.
Speaker 3: You can't be on that and the TV would have signed my wife having the baby.
Speaker 2: If you saw the guys in Georgia, they're Georgia Bulldogs fan. Obviously the storm came through. I thought some prayers goes out to everyone. There were some fatalities, so our thought some prayers from Nightcap crew goes out to those impacted family, friends and loved ones that have been impacted by this storm up the East coast up into the Carolinas.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But he took a round, He took a round a floadia rubber and to go get his friend who was who was was rained in.
Speaker 3: So he's like, nah, we ain't missing that game. If you want to be with were going to Tuscaloosa. So he took his a little rubber.
Speaker 2: Boat and he went and got his man and unfortunately it didn't work out the way they wanted to. But that was that was that was a very good game. And you know fans are fanatic like that.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if you're from if you're in the South, if you're up north, you get you have no idea what we're talking about. But if you're in the South, Texas and you come all the way back all the southern states, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, I mean obviously you know Georgia and Florida we have a bit more population Texas.
Speaker 3: Football is life. Yeah, yeah, football is life. They closed down Friday's night.
Speaker 2: You're going to the game and if you haven't, Okay, no, everybody's closing up shop and they're going to the game.
Speaker 5: And you know the funny thing about it is, obviously you have a better a better not knowledge of the game of college football, maybe a better experience.
Speaker 3: You got to think.
Speaker 5: I went to Oregon State way back in two thousand and one, so I don't know what it's like to be at a PWI of that magnetude like an Alabama LSU. Yeah, but when my daughter before she chose, but she was gonna go to school before she went to Kentucky, I went to l s U LSU game.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: I ain't never seen nothing like that. Oh, yes, I went to LSU game. I played in the league eleven twelve goddamn years. I've never seen nothing like that at our level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have to understand, oh Joe, the kids, so they gonna face paint. They gonna be yelling and screaming. Hey man, look here when you see when Georgia playing, you see all them jokers got them flags in the backroom, bulldof flags flying.
Speaker 6: It ain't been won the games. They're crazy out there.
Speaker 3: Huh what well, hold on?
Speaker 5: They crazy like that LSU game? Like, yes, well, I went to that Tennessee. But I've seen Tennessee play. Uh my baby went on the visit to Tennessee. Man, they played that god damn Rocky talk man, that's the boy and boy boy.
Speaker 3: But it was in that thing you rock. Can you hear me go down?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, this is college. The NFL atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Ain't even like this.
Speaker 2: Drive down to ninety five when they played, when they played Florida, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Florida might not be that. Florida's not that good.
Speaker 2: Good now when they play with Georgia, Florida play in the world largest office, the cocktail party and you see all them flags here down ninety five, or when they come up and they play in the SEC Championship and you see Georgia, they coming up from they coming up from Tuscan loose in Birmingham.
Speaker 3: Man, o joy main. I got to experience that.
Speaker 5: I got experience that that that one that one little game, that one little game.
Speaker 3: I had a chance to.
Speaker 5: See LSU play, obviously Jaydon Daniels at the time, and I saw Tennessee play.
Speaker 3: Tennessee were playing. Matter of fact, they were playing Kentucky.
Speaker 5: If I'm not a stake man, ain't boy, I still got that that that Rocky Top song still locked in my head.
Speaker 2: But you got to understand o joke tradition like that, that's no, no, no, I mean NFL they ain't like they ain't like that, right because them college kids, them college kids, Oh, they're gonna be out there, especially when you go to a big school like that, because you got to get out there to get the tickets. So they gonna be ay, They're gonna be out there damn here all day, all night trying to get those especially for the big game. Can you imagine what those students were doing to get those Georgia tickets or to get the Albron tickets. Now, now you talk about Alabama Aubrey, or you talk about Ohio State Michigan, and you talk.
Speaker 3: Now, come on, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: What there's nothing like. There's nothing like Southern football. I get the right, I get the I get the Green Bay Chicago rivalry.
Speaker 3: In the NFL. I get Duke North Carolina.
Speaker 2: But when you talk about Alabama Auburn, when you talk about Georgia Florida, when you talk about Florida State Florida, or Florida State Miami or one of those those ain't nothing nothing South Carolina Clemson. You have to experience it to understand what I'm talking about. It's like when I tell people about going to an HBCU and homecoming week. You have to be on that campus to experience the pageantry, the the pageantry.
Speaker 3: D are the atmosphere? Oh Joe, Oh they do it? Ye? Are they in the yard? Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey them France, they up in the yard. The student center is buzzed because everybody.
Speaker 3: Know what I told.
Speaker 6: Listen you remember, mind you, I told you.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I didn't have the opportunity that most people that went to AHBCUS have.
Speaker 3: My first experience. Obviously, I listen.
Speaker 5: I've been supporting Fami you since got there in nineteen eighty four, but never was integrated in the atmosphere to know what the EIGHTHBCU experience was like. Because I go to the game, I listened to the band, and I watched football team blaate and then I go home when my daughter crossed over at PV A M. And I walked in there and seen that atmosphere. You got to see Roti's all the different fraternities. I never ever ever seen nothing like that, right man with them ma'am man. When them ak's came out, when they came out, Stephen, I want to be in Aka.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you the reason why.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh and dog, you got it. I can't. I can't even I can't even put in the words because.
Speaker 2: It's like that, because like anytime Georgia plays, anytime a Southern team South Carolina, Clemson, Florida Tech. Just imagine Texas, Texas or Oklahoma, the Red River rivalry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that. It's like that. It's like that.
Speaker 2: It's like that every every every Sunday, every Saturday in the SCC country, and it's.
Speaker 6: Still the same as the teams aren't playing well, like Florida.
Speaker 3: State, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: If Floridas, my season is complete. If I beat you, I don't care. I just got to win one game. It's against you, Oklahoma, Texas, as long as I beat you, Alabama, Auburn, long as I beat you, Georgia, Florida, long as I beat you, it doesn't matter, Ohio State, Michigan. I'm putting all my eggs in this basket. I can go over, I can go one for ten as long as that ten against you, as long as that want to get your punk ass. That's all I care That's all I care about, man. But yeah, I mean they out there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Look, I grew up in the South officely you know, lived in Georgia. Damn my whole life. Oh jo, they start a they start skewing the games at one o'clock, twelve o'clock, one o'clock. Man, they out there, they out there, got them, got them grills. They skewing them winn bagos back there. Oh yes, yes, they drunk at ten thirty in the game. They drew another two hours. Oh yeah, they already to up. I like, go to suck, go to Grambling Southern like they have.
Speaker 3: Them a family pathoon. Man. Man, everybody got experienced that at least once. Oh joe yo.
Speaker 2: The Colorado Buffaloes beat u CF forty eight twenty one.
Speaker 3: Excuse men.
Speaker 2: The Buffaloes were fourteen point underdogs, improved the four and one two and on the big twelve. Travis Hunter called a touchdown pass intercepted the past in the same game for the second time in the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: It's the fourth time in his three year college career that he's done that. He struck the Heisman polls after he picked off kJ Jefferson with a diving interception in the third quarter.
Speaker 3: That's he was.
Speaker 2: He's transferred from Arkansas? Right, kJ Jefferson Wasn't he at Arkansas last couple of years?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: Speaking of knowledge time for money moves presented by DraftKings, Travis Hunter had.
Speaker 3: See what we do, we'll get see we move it on up? Hey, Hey, we move it over up, Lady Jefferson.
Speaker 2: Travis Hunter now has the third best Heisman odds. Jalen Millrod from Alabama plus two twenty five is number one. Cam Ward Miami plus five hundred, Number two Travis Hunter plus seven fifty Number three Dylan Gabriel Oregon plus twelve hundred.
Speaker 3: He's four.
Speaker 2: Statistically, Hunter has put up elite numbers and receiver. He ended the weekend ranked fourth nationally in receptions, sixth in receiving yard tied for fourth, and TV catching with five. He called nine passes to day eighty nine yards and a touchdown, and grab one of the best cover corners in the game. Colorado came from behind with a winner of Baylor last week. Hunter had the game winning forrest fumble on the goal line. Hunter played one hundred and twenty eight snaps on Saturday. According to Fox Ball Cast, he's averaging about one hundred and thirty snaps per game.
Speaker 5: Listen, when we talk about heyst and right, there's so many different factors that go into it, but when Travis Hunter is doing it needs to be taken into account.
Speaker 3: This is something special.
Speaker 5: There are very few players that are able to play on both sides of the ball. There are very few players are able to play on both sides of the ball and affect the game on both sides of the ball. Ye in fact, Travis Hunter is able to do both. It speaks volumes. This is no disrespect to cam mord, This is no disresp back to Jaylemon Road and what they're doing quarterbacks. Most of the time, they always win the award based on what they're doing always, But what Travis Hunter is doing this year, it needs to be taking a little bit more serious, a little bit more serious.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 6: People really understand, especially those that are voting.
Speaker 5: I don't know who did the goddamn odds first.
Speaker 3: No matter what, based on what he's done so far this season or Ray, he should be first. He's affecting both sides of the ball. It's it's not even heard of.
Speaker 6: It's been done before, but hasn't been done before like this.
Speaker 5: At this level, the way he's doing it, the interception affecting the game, winning the game, the fumble on the goal line at receiver, but a good number.
Speaker 2: Charles Woodson did play offense, but he did not play offense.
Speaker 3: He didn't play.
Speaker 2: If they had seventy snaps, he wasn't playing sixties five of those snaps. He had a package in which he played, and he played extremely well. We're not gonna minimize Charles Wilson. He did, he became the first defensive player to win the Heisman, but he did not play as many snaps on the offensive side of the football as Travis Hunter is playing. He's coming out of the game, they're running seventy five plays and he's only missing two or three of those plays, and he's missing five or six snaps on the defensive side. So basically he's playing all but nine, maybe ten snaps in a game.
Speaker 3: Unheard of.
Speaker 5: Yes, but young young bull condition is out this world. Young boy, listen, much respect to Travis Hunter. You know, I know you're gonna see this. I already gave you a message. I have my sisty on so I know you're gonna get this message. If I don't get that DM with that jersey, I'm telling you Monday FedEx. I don't want to hear nothing. I don't know excuses any inile money is coming straight to me, coming straight to me, period.
Speaker 3: Hey, holorada, no good today, Huh.
Speaker 2: This the most complete game that I've seen them played, maybe since Prime has been there. The ability to run the football, the way they protected your door, throw the football, the way they look. They got some I mean late in the ballgame, ucf ran the football got some players. But I thought they did a great job of containing him early on in the ball game, doing enough to disrupt this rhythm. I mean, I don't know when I look at him, but I don't think they should have ever been concerned about his ability to throw the football. He's more dangerous with his legs than he is his arm. But I thought this was the most complete game. The way they dominated this game, They got after the quarterback, They did a great job of protecting your door. Shadority, you had a great job of throwing the football. But I thought this was one of the more complete ball games, if not the most complete. I'm talking about when you look at running, throwing, stopping to run, getting after the quarterback, defending. I thought this was and it was on the road. I thought, so you played what hell of a ball game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, they played really well. I'm happy for Prime. I'm happy for Prime.
Speaker 5: This is what one more week you get to you get to keep them off your back, one more week you get to keep him off your back and show listen, they.
Speaker 3: Formed one this year. They formed one so far.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of people say they wouldn't be, wouldn't even be in this position.
Speaker 3: What I like.
Speaker 5: What I like for Prime is improvement year the year. Yeah, improvement year the year. All they use is a little time. All I need a little time to get the right the right people, the right dogs in here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: And next year it's gonna be even better, and it's gonna be continued.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a gradual build, nothing overnight, a gradual bill and improvement is there.
Speaker 3: We can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it had to be O Joe for the simple fact that man, they went one in twelve and y'all expect the man to go in there and go to the and to go to the damn Rose Bowl or the dam Peach Bowl.
Speaker 3: Is first year.
Speaker 2: And now if a team went one in twelve, where have they ever done that? Noell, hey all, he all hyped. I mean, coach Save Digg, Coach Saban dick win, No twelve games his first game his first year there. It's gonna take time. And coach Saban had a bunch of four and five star recruits. I'm not so sure how many four and five star recruits Prime had before he got to Colorado. Mm hm, But he's gonna take some time. But I was very impressed with the way they played today. I mean, if you look at Ojo, they had fourteen points in the first quarter, they got thirteen in the second quarter, they got another fourteen in the third quarter, was another seven, So they were complete. They didn't take their foot off the gas. They did an unbelievable job today of running the football. I thought they did a better job of protecting the football. I thought they did a great job of getting after the quarterback, attacking the line of scrimmage, did a good job in past coverage. There's nothing you know. Look, I'm sure coach Prime Is said, Hey, I'm pleased with the win. But I heard coach Saby said. You know what he said, to win and play poorly is a kiss of death. I sent the way it was explained to me. You never accept anything in a win, you wouldn't have a loss. But people don't understand that because you know why, they just, hey, we won the ball game. You can't let your players accept that type of attitude because that.
Speaker 3: Will get you beat. That'll get you beat.
Speaker 2: I don't want to wait till I get beat to get your undivided attention. I want to be in a situation where I can get your attention. That way, we don't be in this find ourselves in that situation. But I tried to tell y'all this was gonna happen. Now, maybe you'll listen next time.
Speaker 3: I loved.
Speaker 2: I love what coach Saban said. I love the way Prime Prime said. We can't be we can't be happy with just winning. That's not good enough.
Speaker 6: Who they got next, on who they got next?
Speaker 2: Who they played next in at Kansas State or at home their home against Kansas State. Kanas State really good.
Speaker 3: But they're good. They're really good, and I want to go. I want to go to the game. You get the ticket. Yeah, you called Rime, He'll get you one.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm fun to go to the game.
Speaker 5: I hope it's cold too, so I can put on my Dickies, my love Dicky overalls in my hoodie and.
Speaker 3: My Tim's uh.
Speaker 2: Travis Horner wore a bland T shirt after Richard Sherman comments. There was a lot of buzzs on social media about some of the pregame interaction.
Speaker 3: We got that bit. What do we got what happened?
Speaker 6: We got what Sharon said about Buddy.
Speaker 3: We got, we got SARMs.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, he said he he was saying that his skills are defensively second or none. He's he's a true corner, he has tremendous instincts, great ball skills. But he said that he was playing as a receiver. I get what Sherman said that he's not a like like Chase and Jefferson polished receivers.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Like he's an athlete playing receiver and because he's so much more athletic than a lot of people that's defending him, he's gonna make a play.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So that's not.
Speaker 5: The way he I think I think coach ll.
Speaker 2: I think time put sherm and and uh travel in contact with each other and they were able to have a conversation. Look, he says as a receiver, I just think he's kind of playing. Sherman, a former NFL cornerback, Remember shearm was a wide receiver he got he went to Stanford as a wide receiver, he ended up moving to a defensive back. Said on the Lions Am St. Brown podcast, Saint Brown as Sherman if he thinks Hunter can play both wide receiver and cornerback.
Speaker 3: In the NFL.
Speaker 2: Sherman said, hell, no, you know that right, You're talking crazy, But there's been a lot. There's been a lot. You and I think, yes, he can play packages.
Speaker 3: But nobody.
Speaker 2: I don't believe anybody fake he's gonna play every snap on offense, every snap on defense.
Speaker 3: Nobody believes that. Do we believe that he can be.
Speaker 2: A defensive back and have a package of plays on the offense. Yes, yes, because we've seen it before. We've seen Prime do it, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson. That's been a couple of guys. JJ Watt had a couple of packages as a defensive alignment. But to play every snap. So the NFL say, to try to play one hundred and twenty snaps in an NFL game.
Speaker 6: Right listen, You'll have to have the endurance of the Ethio of you know, the Ethiopian runners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fifth year. That's the kind of endurance you're gonna have to have.
Speaker 5: But when I when I think about it, I mean when when when I think about Travis Hunter and how special he is even at even at the receiver position, I understand what where Sherman's talking about in a sense, but I understand I'm also understanding how much work and how much time he has to work on his craft.
Speaker 3: From her receive a standpoint.
Speaker 6: He's so athletic and get it once they sharpen up all the tools.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a rap if he getting drafted.
Speaker 5: He has to get drafted, as I conceive anyway, because that's what the money is.
Speaker 3: That's what the money I see, Travis, to give them the money? Worthy? Where forget the money? Where can I where can I thrive?
Speaker 2: Where is my best chance to be the most productive player I could possibly be.
Speaker 3: I think it's side of the don't do.
Speaker 6: Like that, don't do me like that he got he got to play receiver.
Speaker 3: On he got to play receiver because you got.
Speaker 5: To understand the money is on the receiving end now, and then the packages, the packages at the dB.
Speaker 3: Boom, they got to give you like a little bonus for that. Oh Joe, you think what packages he.
Speaker 5: Gonna I'm saying when he when he gets to the NFL, he gonna have small packages like nickel.
Speaker 3: He could be he could be a niggas on the third.
Speaker 2: I bet I bet you he'll play more snaps on defense and offense.
Speaker 3: And I think he get.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Listen listen as his agent, as his agent, he probably gonna have me. But as his agent, I'm telling him, Man, buddy, man, listen here, man, let me tell let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: You want to play receiver.
Speaker 6: You got receivers making thirty million a year.
Speaker 5: So by the time it's time for you to get paid, you talked about forty five maybe fifty. Matter of fact, they got to pay you fifty because you play both sides.
Speaker 3: Of the ball. We can integrate that into your contract. You know, and and and you.
Speaker 6: Know to find the fine print what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Nah, you don't want him on the defense end underpaid.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at it from a skill set and where his skills are right now, he's a much better defensive back than he is a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with you, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't agree with you simply for the fact that what he's doing on defense is instinctive based on watching film and knowing what's coming, as opposed to looking at him what he can do at receiver.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, let me ask you a question. How many? How many? How many come back? Then? How many comebacks have you seen him run?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 3: How many comebacks have you seen him run? Well, I'm not what you mean. You have it. That's a wide receiver and you haven't seen him in two years. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: Wait wait a minute, wait a minute, don't jump down.
Speaker 3: My throat now, I'm just asking nor run comeback.
Speaker 6: I've seen him he probably, you can probably run come back.
Speaker 3: Probably, I said, oh yo, how many comebacks have you seen him run? Well?
Speaker 6: Maybe they don't have comebacks in that offense.
Speaker 5: You asked me, how many come backs have I seen him run? Well, they don't have comebacks in that offense. What you want me to say?
Speaker 3: How many digs? Oh? I have seen him on the dig. I've seen him Uney didn't come out the back door.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, yeah, I seen him take a I seen him. I seen him catch a slant and reverse and reverse field and come back out.
Speaker 3: We ran a slant at oh Joe.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, looking at him, study for the since he since he's in at Colorado, watch him a little bit of Jackson State, because a lot of when they came on the s BEN I will pay attention. But watching him, I think his skill set for dB is far, far superior, because, like I said, he's a natural dB.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: He could just he just rolled out of bed like hey, I got old boy right here, his back, his back fedal, the way he can backfedal and the way he can transition. Now, you know, in order to play receiver, these guys are choke you out here if you can't release.
Speaker 5: Oh see that I don't know about I don't know. I don't know about that part of his game. I don't know about that. His ladder movement is uh.
Speaker 2: He seems like a long stride of though right he is?
Speaker 3: He tall, he taller than your fath he like six street. Yeah, we could work on that. We could work on that. He tall, he's taller than your think.
Speaker 5: We could work on that. He comes, he comes training with me, training me for three months. Man, listen, I get him open in the phone booth. I get him open into the phone booth. But then all we got to do is show showing up your gates, showing.
Speaker 3: Up your steps.
Speaker 5: And once once you once you, once you get, once you get at that dead area off the line, then you can open.
Speaker 3: Up all you want. I just like I said, I think he's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: He's as good as athlete that I've seen with my own eyes, and I've seen some pretty good ones. Like I said, but your your I was in the year, came into year after time, and so I watched him, and I was in the league when bo was in the league. They're two of the greatest athletes. You know, when you can play a professional sport two baseball and.
Speaker 3: Football two, I played three. But go ahead, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody in NFL played two sports, three sports in high school.
Speaker 3: But to do it professionally, right, that was me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so's it's unbelievable. Like I said, I I I just I just want to see him. I think he's better suited. At the end of the day, he's gonna I don't think he has to make a decision. I think I think team's gonna help him make that decision. They're gonna say, son, we're gonna give you some pack just on the officer side of the football. See Ojo, you're looking at it from a pure monetary standpoint. I'm looking at it. I'm looking at it from the best look for me a monetary standpoint, tell a wide receiver. But where could I make my bones? What could I be the best at tight end?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, I'm not if the fact.
Speaker 2: I give you an example. Now, if he had Tyreek's speed, I was like, Okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have that kind of speed. That's that's so.
Speaker 2: But you have to don't have that kind of speed. What can they do? Tell the people at home? For guys that don't have Tyreek speed and they've played wide receiver, what can they do? Oyo, you couldn't touch them in the phone booth. They tactic they're technically sound. There's a reason why Steve Margin when he retired, had all the records. He ran four seven. But he was a route running technician. Guy that can't that aren't speed merchants. They can run the route tree and make every route look the same. The release, the slant looks just like the quick out looks just like the smoke looks just like the over looks just like the end to come back.
Speaker 3: He's fast though, he fast. He FO three three And.
Speaker 5: If you're not FO three here will be by the time. It's by the time in draft time like FO two is great. That's a that's a great tool to have in your tool box. But you don't literally have to be FOE two to be effective.
Speaker 3: Look at Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: I just chase, Oh Choe, you're talking about the leaf receivers that run routes.
Speaker 3: You just said you haven't seen him run the whole tree.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm a having because it's not a part of their offense there, I mean their specific offense.
Speaker 3: But what I do see him?
Speaker 6: Do I know what he can do when you get that ball in his hands?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh Choe, do you know?
Speaker 2: Oh yo, you know how good these dvs are if you if you can't consistently release in your chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any weakness we're gonna work on that. We're gonna work on that. I got you, That's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I don't know even if his releases will ever be where his dB skills are. Some things he just got just just God, he just hey, he just woke up. God made that angle, that long anglar body. He can be fluid, he can back because normally, you know, guys that are corners, that are long, you know, it's hard for them to flip the hips. He can flip his hips. Yeah, he can flip his hips. And that's what you gotta be able to do because you got to be able to turn and run. You gotta be able to turn and drive. You gotta be uh uh and come forward.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I iced to give him a hell boy back in eighty seven. Way huh shit. But I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But and I and I you know, I told you, and Time said this, Tom said, had I just like focused on being a wide receiver, just focused on that, I could have went to the Hall of Fame, and he could have because he had that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I realizing the time is go to oh too. It looked like he ain't got damn running. Damn it, it didn't, it didn't, but he could fly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys are oh, I don't know if you guys are old enough to like, I just wish, like some things that you needed to see, Like TV doesn't do it justice.
Speaker 3: No, you got to see that person. To watch Barry.
Speaker 2: Sanders in person, to watch Prime, to watch Jerry, to watch Steph Curry shoot of basketball, to watch Lebron, to watch Jordan, to watch Kobe. Some things can only be seen through the eyes. Yeah, watch Serena. To hear that ball come off Serena's racket. I know sometimes it gets drowned out, but to hear it, you like, oh my, I mean it sounds like if you're from the South, you know what I'm talking about, when you took the rug out and you're hung it over the fence or the clothesline, and you took the broom and.
Speaker 3: Your boot boom. Yeah, Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: The ball sounds like jumping off Serena's racket. Then you got an appreciation. Okay, now I see what y'all talking about. To see Reggie at his prime to see to see that, to see the Bruce and see the ed Reids and the Ray Lewis is some things you really literally had to see. Yeah, in the States, you need to be in the stadium to really really appreciate it. Yeah, but I mean I enjoy I mean I enjoyed watching it, watching him play. I mean, he's a phenomenal talent. I love watching him play. Oh till we got to move on to this next. There's a lot of them, So why are we rushing? We got no, we got another topic. We got another topic. There's a lot of buzzs on social media about some pregame interaction between Cam Newton, Shador Sanders, and Travis Punter. Now, okay, here, okay, here, okay, this pregame.
Speaker 3: What happened? Here for context, this is what we hold on. Can you see it? Yeah, I can see it. I can see it. I can see it. What they what they? It's hard to tell.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at looking at the mannerism and body language, it looked like they could be playing, but without without audio, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 3: It is it is? And well, and there was some interaction earlier. Okay, yeah, okay, they're good. They're good, They're good.
Speaker 2: There were some interactions earlier in the pregame with your Door and Cam and your door didn't see here it.
Speaker 3: Is right here. He wasn't very receptive. I'm gonna try to give you some context. O yo parody.
Speaker 2: What happened? Cam said on his fourth and one podcast. Let's take a listen to what Cam said and what may be caused your Door's reaction.
Speaker 1: Look, my whole thing with your Door is this. You followed him since he was at Jackson State, correct.
Speaker 3: Even when he was in high school? Right? What when.
Speaker 1: Can he hang?
Speaker 3: Like? What performance? Can you hang your head on?
Speaker 1: Can you hang your head on?
Speaker 3: In college?
Speaker 5: The only thing I have was like that that tcut at Nebraska game his first year.
Speaker 1: This year we're talking about t c U and they ended up not being a good team.
Speaker 3: Nebraska last year's up ain't like he beat That's true. And you can't say, well you you was at Auburn, he was at Colorado. Was like Auburn wasn't no favorite to win before you got that, nobody was picking Arburn to win the national champ for sure.
Speaker 5: I don't even think they even thought you was gonna have a winning season before you got Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was motherfuckers on our team that didn't even think that we was capable of.
Speaker 3: All I'm gonna say is this, And don't get a mistaken that beaming over.
Speaker 1: There, be careful with them comparisons.
Speaker 6: I guess I can see. I can see why you're doing being upset.
Speaker 3: That two days ago. Yo, just just yes, he said he said this two days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you wanted to provide context to maybe why because you know, first of all, Taudeur is a pure pocket passer.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's not an athlete like Cam. He can't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't move like Cam. He's not Kyler Murray. He's not Lamar Jackson. That's not what he is.
Speaker 5: He is the way completely different based on teams in the times and when they played.
Speaker 2: We can't move like those guys he got when he went to the what you call him, Those guys were athletes. He is a pocket. He's a drop back, prototypical pocket passer.
Speaker 3: That's what he is.
Speaker 2: So the comparison can't be with a camp because Cam rushed for damn the fifty other yards, Lamar rush for fifty other yards.
Speaker 3: Kyler rushed for I think Kyler rushed.
Speaker 2: For over one thousand yards, trudeor he might not even rushed for one thousand yards in his career.
Speaker 3: He might have be like Brady, right.
Speaker 5: But I'm also I'm also speaking in context, not just to the comparison of the quarterbacks that they are, but also the comparison in the context of the team that they're playing for and playing with at that time. Completed apples and orangest completely different, you know, But based on the time that Shudur is in right now, he is still one of the best.
Speaker 3: Despite yes, maybe despite maybe not.
Speaker 5: Having any games to hang his tail on and not having him he's still one of the best.
Speaker 2: But that's not what they said when he went the TCU and threw for five hundred yards, because remember TCU had just lost in the National Championship game to Georgia. People thought they were pretty good, so he did that. Now they not any good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, I mean to each it's it's it's football, it's it's sports.
Speaker 6: Everybody's gonna have an opinion. Some opinion you're gonna agree with.
Speaker 5: Some some opinion's not gonna like sometimes rub people.
Speaker 3: The wrong way. Sometimes I'm gonna ruffle some feathers.
Speaker 6: Now what I would like for the players to have.
Speaker 5: You know, when when it's I call him the ogs, when the ogs like the Cam Newton's you know, he Heisman went. You know you you take what they say with the grain and salt, but also respect some of these things they're just saying because they've.
Speaker 3: Already done it. They've done.
Speaker 5: But it's such a it's tough because today's era of kids or I don't want to use the word sensitive, but if you say something, they are they gonna remember everything. If you say, they're gonna remember everything you said and they gonna hang on to it.
Speaker 3: Now they're gonna hang on, even even the professionals.
Speaker 2: Because if you try to critique a player and they don't like what you say, you hate.
Speaker 3: But when you when you say I'm hating, I've.
Speaker 2: Given all all the players that come after me, I give them there.
Speaker 3: I got no problem. They say, look.
Speaker 2: Gronk and get and god gronking gonz whatever.
Speaker 3: I got no problem. I got the most out of my ability.
Speaker 2: People like, well, you don't criticize the black quarterbacks like you criticize Do y'all realize that, do y'all realize?
Speaker 3: I want to say this with yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ended up leaving Fox because I criticized the guy that had seven Super Bowls. But y'all say, y'all just heard me I said about Joe Burrow. Y'all heard what I said about when I used to beat up Tony Romo. Y'all heard what I said about Aaron Rodgers, Brent Farr. Y'all just look, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm black.
Speaker 2: But if a black quarterback doesn't play well, y'all can't expect me to go out there and say the man played well when he didn't.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 2: I don't care what they're what the white commentators do, but I can't because I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't get that luxury.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get no thirty seven million dollars deal right at the box. If I do that too much, they gonna get my black ass off TV. So I've got to be honest in what I see. I'm not hating on nobody. I appreciate and understand what they've gone through. I remember when the black when Warren Moon had to go to Canada after winning the Rose Bowl. I'm old enough to remember. I remember a Shaq Harris who's a friend of mine. I know it, I know their history. But guys, when I critique a player, it ain't a jealous bone in my body. Y'all do know my resume, Mom, Peter, what it is. What they're doing. It cannot race what Shannon Shark did at Baltimore and in differ So I but come on, guys, and y'all get upset, Well you bro can y'all honestly think I don't watch the games. I mean, the lady told me today. I was trying to say Chelsea Gray blah blah blah. I said, I don't want y'all to look at her for what she did in the Olympics because she's coming out for an injury. But I think they can win. I think it's gonna be tough. Oh shows that goal to show you, Shanna don't watch basketball. They won the championship without Chelsea. Know they didn't. Chelsea Gray played the first two games. She played superb. She got hurt in Game three. Now you win, gotta win three because it's the best three out of five. She got hurt in game three. They won Game four in New York or they were gonna have to come back to Las Vegas. You see, you see how people just throw that out there and a lot of people bought it. Yep, I knew he didn't watch the games. Really, Yeah, y'all know I watched the games. That's why I can tell you a specific play what happened. I don't watch the game to see who scores. I could care less. I'm trying to I'm trying to decipher how they scored, why they scored, What was the formation, what was the defense? What was the Coveragejojo, what was the front? Based on the front, based on the coverage, that ball shouldn't have been That should have been a knockdown. Blah blah blah. That's what I'm looking for. That's why I don't watch the sound because I don't want them to try to convince me. Nah, I know what I'm looking for. I know what I'm looking for. But I'm never gonna be jealous because I want the guys to make all the money because I remember when I came in Ojoe, when I started making big money. Hell, I'm sure Ozzie and Keller like with Damn, they're paying that kind of money now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I look at I'm looking at these guys.
Speaker 2: Now, these guys now making damn near tight ends, making damn there more in one year than I made in a career. But that's the evolution of the position, and I'm okay with that. But I got to be honest, guys, I got to be. That's the only way I can be. And uh if if I can't when they say with Shannon, you can't say this. And I've been very fortunate. I've never been on a network where they try to sway me. I know, y'all think they tell me to say bruh. You think some of the stuff I'll be saying they tell me to say. They probably be like, oh my god, did he did he just say that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did, and people people get upset on Yoe. Oh you see how he talk to women? You see how he talk to women. I don't debate gender. I debate whoever's in that chair. It could it could be a Saint Bernard sitting there. He gonna get it to Stephen A Swags d o rc uh, Andre Monica. It does not matter. Now, you can't ask to be treated equal. But when we come up from a topic that requires us to get a little animated and voices to ride.
Speaker 3: Oh don't talk. No, no, no, no, no, that's not no no.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna do now, y'all need to go in and skip me that there, go and pay me for that day and let me take off because I'm gonna keep it staying. I'm coming. I'm coming because y'all know what y'all get when y'all get me. Y'all already know I have a voice. I have a voice that projects me to When have you ever known me not to be a passionate about something that I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Name the time I want y'all to name the time that.
Speaker 2: Y'all seen Shannon Shark in the format that I've been in since twenty sixteen not be passionate about a particular topic.
Speaker 3: You had no problem when I was passionate Aboutkaeperdick.
Speaker 2: You had no problem when I was passionate about George Floyd. You had no problems when I was passionate about the Red Sox and what they said to the players or what that Seattle Planyer. You had no problems with that, but not shaying Can you dial it back just a little bit right, okay?
Speaker 3: I don't no, don't turn up to turn it up, turn it up. Hey what a little John say? Turned down for what
Speaker 2: The volume