Speaker 1: We were just busy here comparing fan notes, not fans of the podcast or the show, but literal fans, like when you're having a high flash, so hot flash fans.
Speaker 2: Hot flash fans. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was telling her about my awesome one that I got that has three little settings. You can put batteries in it, take it with you. It's got a little water mister on gend me.
Speaker 2: The link for that. I think I need that in my life.
Speaker 1: I well, again, I think it was a team really, which look that seems like hit or miss one of the temu It absolutely, you're like, this could be great, it could.
Speaker 2: Be note and this one was great. Okay, good so far.
Speaker 1: I mean I haven't had it for very long, so it may just blow up at some point, but so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're in your in your office. You don't have central air right or heating, so.
Speaker 1: I have like my little wabble here what you can see. But I don't turn it on obviously when we're recording, because it sounds like a bus drive if you're writing, unless it's really like in the summertime when I record out here, like there's no I have to because it's otherwise I'm just cooking. Pre show chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter.
Speaker 2: High chatter, chatter, chatter.
Speaker 1: Huh, do you sound like you're still not feeling great?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I feel better. I feel better, but I think I have COVID. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I well I test. I did.
Speaker 2: I took a test, but it was an expired test and it the line didn't show up after ten minutes. It took like thirty minutes and then it was a really faint line.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but that's the thing. Act sitting too long, they will sort of react possibly, and if it's expired, you never know you need to. I would, I would definitely get a new test, one that hasn't expired, when it hasn't expired, and don't let it sit there for thirty minutes and just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was clear after ten minutes, but I mean, I'm not going anywhere anyways.
Speaker 1: So it's sort of I mean, at this point, they they're like, just go to work anyway. You know, we've kind of know all of a sudden, we're like we've been a one eighty. Yeah, seriously, regardless.
Speaker 2: I'm here and you just have to I'm sorry, apologies for listening.
Speaker 1: To my nasalness for that's you know what, it's okay hour, but it's okay. I love it. I'm so glad you're here. I was a miserable allergy monster. Yesterday it was was it was. Yesterday was a wash. Yesterday was like, oh not completely. My friend Brooke, who you know, is staying here for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Brooks, Hello, Brook, Oh my gosh, this is the best.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is the best. And he is here helping me, uh do some redecorating because he is an incredible interior designer, and so he was helping out some some friends redecorating something down in San Diego, and he's been helping me out with stuff. So he put a this gorgeous mural on my wall, like up one of those peel and stick like wallpaper murals. Basically yeah, yeah, redoing like the downstairs room and it looks gorgeous and he painted yesterday and it looks so awesome. And then it's been fun just to get to hang out with them too, and we've been I mean good time. Kend and b had her Bye by berdie performance.
Speaker 2: How was it? How does she do? Was?
Speaker 1: She did great? She was nervous. Friday night we went to opening night. The kids had a blast, and I love seeing them perform. I like, you know, and it's just it's so much fun. I have such admiration for these kids, you know, these middle schoolers to get up and get up there on stage and sing and you know, because it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: It is terrifying, terrifying, and at an age when you're already so self conscious.
Speaker 1: Well, at an age when you're self conscious, at an age when your vocal range is not you know what I mean. Like the boys are trying to hit the low notes but they can't quite get low enough, and the you know, and the girls are Yeah. I am just so proud of them all, and they have so much fun and I love it, like I love seeing them all creative. And they have an awesome stage tech program. Oh so they have you know, it's kids, they're running backstage. It's kids, they're ads. And I loved to see at the end of the show they bring all a stage kid like the stage tech out to for an applause and stuff. And they brought out the like the ad the first a d at the end, just kind of by himself and everyone just clapped and lost their minds.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: He was like, he's so organized. He makes sure everybody's on it, and you know he and then we went to in and out after. I'm just gonna describe this scene to you. It was it was about ten to fifteen pm on a Saturday night, and that Saturday night happened to be four twenty, and we went in and out, so if you can imagine, And then there was some sort of like a formal two there was there was a group in tuxedos and formal war. There were forty seven middle schoolers just losing their mind and all coming in crying because it was the last show and they were all sad, and it's you know, they're graduating in it, right, just sobbing, just groups of girls walking and sobbing, and then just like a sea of stoner's all in there trying to you know, get food. And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I was like the premise of a of a not a sitcom, but something. You know, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something, but it was they look the kids were having fun, and you know, I remember being in middle school and high school and arriving somewhere and taking over. Usually it was Denny's. Yeah, yeah, we got I remember our musical theater department getting kicked out of the local Denny's on several occasions, usually because someone started doing backflips or cartwheels, or we all burst into song or you knows, well, yeah, theaters such.
Speaker 2: And we never spot them a mile away.
Speaker 1: But she had a great time. I was very proud of her. They did Bye bye, Bertie.
Speaker 2: Do you give her tips? Do you like give her or acting tips? No? No, okay, she doesn't because she doesn't want it, or you're trying to stand back and be both.
Speaker 1: If I know that, the the advice that you'll listen to the least is from your parent. Even if they happen to be a professional in the field and have done so for multiple decades, they have no respect for nothing, and they're like, please stop talking your voices in way. So yeah, I don't really like if you know, I'll offer to run stuff. But now she and she's also thirteen and a half, like, yeah, this is what you want. Then you you have the rehearsal and you do all the stuff, and you know, I try and just let the teachers handle it and not and not do or say anything unless ask for my opinion. And even then i'm yeah, you know, as you know, as a parent giving your opinion to a middle schooler when they ask for it. They don't want an opinion and they just want to agree exactly.
Speaker 2: You have to mind read what they want you to say, and.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, you're like agree.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, walking on eggshells all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Yeah, but we it was so it was a busy ho it was a busy weekend. There was a girl Scout event as well that I took her to on Sunday. So so what about you? You just been home, home and sniffling.
Speaker 2: I've just been yeah, coughing up all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely.
Speaker 2: What have I been doing. Oh, I've had well, I have renewed interest in watching all the documentaries about O. J. Simpson because he passed away last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, well, I just I just have a whole new perspective on the case now because well there, yeah, forty seven, I'm not you know, sixteen or what however, right at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, the case, it is a it's a really interesting case. It's just you know, looking at.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's fascinating fast procedure and courtroom procedure and defend procedure. You know, it's in race relations. I mean, there's just a whole lot going on, and I did not understand at the time that I do understand now. So I'm like, oh, this is I'm deep. I'm in it deep. And there's no, no, no, fewer than like twenty documentaries about this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow, you are, You're in it. You're in a hyper focused deep dive.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched all twenty yet.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you said what you did this weekend was watch twenty O. J. Simpson documentaries, in which case I was like, forget oh House, let's just let's ask some questions on your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, full House was my palate cleanser at the end of the weekend, after all of this, after my dark, gory yeah, documentary watching.
Speaker 1: But speaking of watching things, well, we've watched, We've watched another episode.
Speaker 2: We're we had our episode nineteen, Like, how did this season go by so fast?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but nineteen is my lucky number, so yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Is it really? I did not know that that's.
Speaker 1: My birthday and I just always seem to see nineteens everywhere, like on on you know, my little journey along life. I don't know. Yeah, okay, but yeah to nineteen. How many episodes are in this season twenty four?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but that sounds right. Yeah, they were ending the twenty three twenty four Yeah, so yeah, wow, closing in on the end of season two. This is going really fast.
Speaker 1: It is going really fast and gettinganicked.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want this to end.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to keep going. But I feel like we're really the the the dynamic of the family. We're really ramping up and starting to starting to we have our groove. Now, we're into our groove. And I can see I believe around second season, like kind of halfway through was when we really started kind of blowing up, and I can see I can see it happening.
Speaker 2: So yes, yes, I see.
Speaker 1: It's the Michelle stuff, you know, A cute little baby, all of that.
Speaker 2: Everyone has their roles in the family. YEA personality traits, yeah, there's there's there's there's no more sea crews. It is all about the family dynamics, yes, and the baby. Yes, yes, they definitely know what's going on. There was no sea cruise, but there was Howie. What I said, there was no sea crews, but there was how Oh in season two? Yeah, or I thought you're talking about this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm just saying season two, like you know, there's no more, no more? Are we talking about people? The good episodes? It's all right, you're on cold medsine.
Speaker 2: I'm on cold medic But you're right, yea, the Howie was the sea cruise of season two?
Speaker 1: Was the sea crews of the second perfect. I think each season we will there will be the sea cruise of the sea cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Oh good.
Speaker 1: This is who gets crews of each season.
Speaker 2: So maybe towards the later seasons there's multiple sea cruise.
Speaker 1: There, could you know what I mean? Like, you never know, it could be, but we'll.
Speaker 2: See, we'll see. Well, let's get into today's episode, shall we? Welcome back to how Rude Tanato's I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and today we're discussing season two, episode nineteen, Last from the Past. It originally aired on April seventh, nineteen eighty nine, and it goes a little something like this, Joey gets a phone call from an old girlfriend he had at college ten years ago. Kimmy spellbinds DJ and Staff to a very close coexistence that lasts a lot longer than originally anticipated. Danny's obsession with tax codes inspires Michelle to do some monstrous cleaning. There's a lot of storylines and.
Speaker 1: Well, really an A to B. I feel like the C storyline with the monstrous cleaning is really just kind of one little bit yeah moment. But yeah, but it's definitely uh yeah, three completely separate and non really interacting storylines.
Speaker 2: Or so, maybe that's why I didn't love, Like, I didn't love this episode. But I prefer the episodes where the storylines intertwined, when the writers can get the you know, the storyline so that all the characters are somehow interacting together and yeah, mixing the A and B. So, but these were definitely very separate. Yeah, but that's okay. This was directed by Tom Ricard. Tom he was our our second eighty.
Speaker 1: Tom's card was yeah, I think one of our ads. Yeah he I know he was in that department, but yes, Tom Ricard, So he got an opportunity to direct one, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: That's great. Good for him. I can't remember that. That's awesome. This was written by Lenny Rips, who we love. We love Lenny, And we have one guest star this week. We have Lisa Aleff as Patty Fogerty. She's known for dragon.
Speaker 1: Relation to John John Fogerty, which is why I'm sure we picked the last name. For sure. John Fogerty actually played one of our rat parties. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, of course.
Speaker 1: It was the one that we had at like.
Speaker 2: The l A. P.
Speaker 1: D Training Center or something we had like we had a and John Dodger Stadium and Dodger Stadium, Alegiant Park, And yeah, I believe John Fogerty, who is the singer of Creden's clear Water Revival and others. Uh, he performed for us.
Speaker 2: This is so random. Yeah, but that okay, that makes sense. Why she's there?
Speaker 1: We go, yeah, all right, and I'm gonna say Patty because of Patty Pasarelli. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Patty Pasarelli was our script eye on full and Fuller and now she's Patty Mistari. Yes, okay, this is great. Oh, this is like a game. We can Yes, why they've named the guest stars.
Speaker 1: That's what I always like to do. Why they named Yeah, yeah, we had the we had the Howie Anderson, which I felt like was how Candell and Louis Anderson combined. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Lisa was known for Dragonnet, you Can't Take It with You and remote Control. I don't think she did much acting after the eighties. Once again, we are discouraging.
Speaker 1: People's from killing ever acting again for their full House appearance, So we start uh in with the teaser.
Speaker 2: In Michelle's room, Jesse is crouched down next to Michelle and asks to see her temmy. She lifts up her shirt and he gasps, oh my gosh, you're getting fatter than your uncle, Jesse, what is even happened?
Speaker 1: Sorry, this whole thing, I was like this, this was I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: This was terrible. It was even for the eight in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: You don't say that too a baby, a girl, a human like, that's that's terrible, like way to give her a complex that they are.
Speaker 1: We fat shaming a baby. Yes, with the working out member was just oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh and it's always Jesse too.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: A weird way to encourage a toddler to get dressed to you fat shame them in order to encourage you should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I don't like. I don't like Lari's problem with this one like this.
Speaker 2: So he encourages her to put the sweater on, and Michelle demands that she is going to put the sweater on herself. Jesse's surprised, feeling a little independent, are you? He walks over to the rocking chair and he says, Okay, that's fine with me. I'll just sit down and catch up on my doctor Seuss. He whistles as he reads Horton, Here's a Who.
Speaker 1: Do they have any other Michelle books for Michelle? Other than Horton? Here's a Who.
Speaker 2: That's the only one that they owns. That's the only one that they read.
Speaker 1: Right, it's I mean, needs to pick it up. We probably all have it memorized by now, right, right.
Speaker 2: It's like, come on, I know we had it in the budget to get at least one other doctor.
Speaker 1: Another doctor. Well maybe that was all we could get cleared.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know they were probably more accurate. Yeah. So Michelle is struggling to put on her sweater and she shouts help. Jesse gives an over the top laugh and grabs her spastically, putting her sweater on. He sighs, I told you it was a two man job. Michelle smiles and claims, I did it. Good for you, Michelle. Good.
Speaker 1: You tell him, you tell him, Michelle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is they're terrible lessons happening. He's fat shaming a baby. He's saying that she can't do it without a man.
Speaker 1: Right, he's you know, this is this is well, it's again very very telling of you know, kind of where Jesse is at, still in season two, still really working on on on, you know, uh, reshaping himself. Uh not in the image of Grandpa Nick, who we see is also uh incredibly problematic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, every time Jesse makes some growth, it's they got a reeling back in and remind you that no, no, no, he's not there yet.
Speaker 1: He's not there yet.
Speaker 2: He's on his way.
Speaker 1: He's trying. There, he's trying. And you know again, I just from the moment he was like, let me see it, I was like, why are we doing why?
Speaker 2: Why? Yeah, this whole teaser was problematic, but yeah, thank goodness, it's just the teaser and that does nothing to do with the rest of the episode. Because yeah, yeah, all right, well let's get out of that. Let's get out of that. We start again in Joey's room. Jesse is sitting at his desk throwing darts, Michelle is coloring on the floor, and Joey lays on his bed. It's a very productive work day, indeed.
Speaker 1: Indeed, well at least Michelle's not by herself in her crib.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. This is an improvement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joey asks if Jesse's had any thoughts on their muffler commercial yet. Jesse admits no, but I found something very interesting. If you shake a pencil just right, it looks like it's turned to rubber, and he wiggles his pencil to prove it. That's what I remember when I learned that. Yeah, in elementary did Jesse just learn this though? Yeah? I think that's what I got from this. Yeah, yeah, at twenty eight he just learned this.
Speaker 1: Well, he was very busy, you know, chasing girls around school, not making rubber pencils.
Speaker 2: He wasn't spending a lot of time writing with number two pencils. Do home work or tests. Danny walks in and asks the guys if they're working. Michelle answers no for them, Yes, Michelle, you tell it like it is, Yeah, Joey mutters. Snitch. Danny tells them that he loves this time of year, first spring cleaning and now it's income tax time.
Speaker 1: I worried about Danny sometimes, you know, I work. Sometimes I'm like, are you so square?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who likes income taxes? I don't even think tax people like income tax time, and only because they're like, I'm so busy, Like I know, you know next month, I'll get a break in a vacation, baby, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, my tax. Anytime I see my cpa, he's always I've been up since two. I am sorry, buddy, He's on his tenth cup of coffee. By eight am, the phone rings, and Michelle stands up to get it. Hello, hi lady, she says. The boys stare at her with big smiles. Michelle continues, I went poop poo in the potty. That's so true. That is what they do. Though they're so proud when they finally poop in the potty. They want to tell everyone that they see.
Speaker 1: Very true. Although I'm surprised that they're still letting Michelle answer the phone because every time she does. It doesn't go well, and yet they're like, oh, look, here we go again. Michelle's going to answer the phone. Yeah, like's so cute.
Speaker 2: She's a little secretary.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're just gonna stand here and wait for the toddler to screw it up.
Speaker 2: Jesse says, I hope that's the wrong number. He races over to grab the phone and he tells Joey it's for him. There's a woman on the other line named Patty Fogerty. Joey is shocked. Patty Danny really finishes foger tea. Jesse asks who that is by mimicking their reactions. Joey tells him it's his old girlfriend from college, but he can't talk to her. He says, Patty was the one I was going to ask her to marry me. Danny adds, until she walked out on you. No phone call, no goodbye. Joey says she left him a note, and Danny reminds him on her new boyfriend's stationary. Yes, first of all, what yeah, what college god stationary?
Speaker 1: Like that is? I mean, you know again, not if you do great to you, sir, because you obviously are quite fancy.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like, that's not a priority for college any college student, male, female or otherwise. That's just yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have stationary with my name on it now that I don't use, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so I take it out once a year when I'm writing to someone really import.
Speaker 1: Apparently this guy had quite the stationary collection, so Danny.
Speaker 2: Tells Joey to face it. She ripped out his heart, threw it on the ground, and did a Mexican hat dance on it, and he does the dance right on the point home.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We don't don't.
Speaker 2: Do that anymore. They could have just said dance and yeah, made something up, but okay, okay. Nineteen eighty nine, Jesse hands the phone to Joey. Joey is willing to speak to her, but he but assures the guys that he will not see her. He answers, Hello, Patricia, come on over. My address is eighteen eighty two Gerard. I'll see you tonight at seven. The last time we heard the address of the house was the Thanksgiving episode in season That's I was going.
Speaker 1: To say, have we heard the I knew we had heard Gerard before, but I couldn't remember. But now yes, I do remember, because they are the women and the women are calling, they're like eighteen eighty two Gerard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So Danny gives a disapproving look. Joey defends himself. She said, please, Danny sighs, why don't just leave your heart on the front doorstep so she can wipe her feet on it. Jesse sticks up for Joey, saying he's able to make his own decisions. Then he proceeds to tell Joey everything he needs to do. When he sees Patty Danny motions ripping out his heart, throwing it on the floor and then dancing on it.
Speaker 1: Was this, I mean this was this the origin of the when he's like ripping Yeah, yeah, that's I didn't think it. I don't think it. I don't think it is. I don't think it was the origin.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Bob's tendency to do this bit, yeah, where he pretends he's Indiana jonesbody rips open his chest.
Speaker 1: Cavity right, and he's like using his like the intestine and people are like, what is his organs as a lasso? Like that's not funny. I know it doesn't sound like it, but it is strangely when Bob did the song and went completely bananas with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this was all the time, every note session, he would always be doing this bit.
Speaker 1: But this is what this is what it reminds me of when he rips his heart out and does his little dance exactly. There's any time Bob dances, it's just ridiculous. Just he's just you know, he's flailing around, you know, he's like Gumby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So next we're in Stephan DJ's room. Kimmy is standing in front of DJ Stephan Michelle displaying an empty tube. My wolf Man hair is back. It's starting to resemble.
Speaker 1: He kind of curves out this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to resemble the mullet. It's starting to resemble a little bit, a little bit Jesse's mullet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got some wing action for sure, like turned out like it's a pearl brush that's been you know, turned out for that feathered look.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're trying to improve it and failing, or if this maybe I requested this, I don't. I don't know, but it's bad. What if this wasn't.
Speaker 1: Improvement what happened? Maybe maybe maybe it just wasn't doing it.
Speaker 2: We have to mold this.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like Clay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it's physically painful to look at like it. I well, we need to move to a different season or a different hair sty for something.
Speaker 1: But for the rest of us, it's a joy. For the rest of us, it's it's it's like a marker of time, you know. It's like Jesse the length of Jesse's mullet, like as you can you know where you are in in the decade by like a mullet like yours in shape and shrinks and shifts depending on where we are in the season. It's actually responding to the weather and the the curt events. So it's yeah, yeah, yeah. Kimmy's hair is uh, it's a weather vein basically, and it tells you if it's Carl the fog must be coming in because her hair is just really poofy. The humidity is out of control. I love Did I break you? I think I broke you? Oh my god, I broke it big.
Speaker 2: I'm dying. I'm dying.
Speaker 1: I have actual tears. I didn't know that was gonna hit that hard. I'm so happy, I'm so glad I could make you laugh. Also, I think I'll I think you're a much better audience on cold beds, So I'm gonna require that from now on.
Speaker 2: That's true. Anytime. That's the next time you go do a set.
Speaker 1: Gave everybody cold misone, some like Nate, Nike Wull or DG and Yeah, and she'd be like, this is gonna be a great set, you guys.
Speaker 2: I would crack up every time I see her hair her my hair.
Speaker 1: Well, now you can refer to it as her hair because it's you might want to distance yourself.
Speaker 2: A little and be like her. Yeah. Well, it's got a heartbeat of its own, for sure. It is definitely connected to me at all.
Speaker 1: It is its title card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So okay, deep breath, Entera, deep breath. Okay, I'm gonna have to look at your forehead now and not your dies because that's like just like back in the day. Yeah, where are we? Okay, so we're still into stuff in DJ's room. We're only on scene two. Sorry, that's okay. Kimmy asks Michelle to say the magic words, so Michelle shouts please and thank you. Kimmy magically pulls out a bouquet of fake flowers from the tube. The girl's clap and Michelle compliments her good magic. DJ stands up to take a turn. She's rocking an amazing little half upside yeah thing, it was super cute, a.
Speaker 1: Little half and half.
Speaker 2: She grabs a small black curtain and tells the girls and now the ball of mystery. A yellow ball appears to be floating behind the curtain. She tosses the ball in the air and accidentally throws it towards Steph. Steph grabs it and hands it back to DJ, and the magic trick is revealed. A fake hand was holding the curtain the whole time.
Speaker 1: You'd never know that fake hand looked so real.
Speaker 2: It looks so it looked very genuine. Yeah, Kimmy butts in, let's get back to some real magic. She asks for two volunteers, and Michelle shoots her hand up in the air. Me me, me, me, Kimmy points to Stephan DJ I'll pick you and you. Michelle responds, on nuts, was this the that.
Speaker 1: Was something that she that would like? Betchelle catchphrase was on yeah this is our first.
Speaker 2: Uh I think this is our first? Aw nuts? Yeah, she's very funny. She throws the magic flower bouquet on the on the ground and runs out and the audience loves it. The audience cheering, Yeah, they loved aw nuts. You know. At that moment, Jeff's making a note in a script. He's like, Oh, this is gonna be a catchphrase because it got a good response. Yep. Kimmy directs their attention back to her and shows them a pair of solid steel handcuffs. She looks to Steph and asks, have we ever met before? Steph nods, unfortunately, we have. Kimmy places the handcuffs on her two volunteers and puts a red scarf on top. She waves her hands over the scarf. Presto Chaninjoh, you're free, Stephan, DJ tuck on tug on the handcuffs, but they're still locked together. H. Kimmy panics, I'll go home and get the key. If your dad finds out, he'll call my mom and she'll tell my brother I took his magic set and he'll make my life disappear. Steph Glarre's at her. He already major brain disappear and.
Speaker 1: DJ laughs at this, Yeah, I mean there's no loyalty. She's well, she's handcuffed to her sister. Who she can't stand. So you know, she's Kimmy's Kimmy's enemy. Kimmy is gonna be laughed at.
Speaker 2: So next, in the living room, Danny's on the couch with a whole table of forms and papers spread out in front of him. Jesse walks in, eating cold fried chicken. Yeah, it's like every episode now it's it's it's like, it's it's a thing. It's a thing now. Uh. He asks why he isn't doing the short form to save time, and Danny responds, you wouldn't ask such silly questions if you would take the time to read your tax codes.
Speaker 1: Which everyone does, including accountants. Nobody reads a tips, nobody reads.
Speaker 2: The tax codes now. Danny holds a thick book in front of Jesse and tells him to study, learn save. Jesse adds snooze. Danny tells him he could get a refund of thousands of dollars, and Jesse immediately shows interest. Joey walks in wearing a suit and tie and asks the boys what they think. Dave really does look great.
Speaker 1: And he looks great. He looks great, but like definitely not you know, low key.
Speaker 2: For the state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not even antaement. She's just like coming to stop. She looks like she's going on a date.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're definitely dressed like they're going on a date. They're not trying to impress each other, but they are like they're trying too hard, right. Jesse claps and goes over to straighten Joey's jacket, while Danny pleads don't try to impress her. Joe just wants to show her what she gave up ten years ago. Okay. The doorbell rings and he gets nervous. Jesse tells him just do everything we worked on. Be cool, be smooth, be a heartbreaker. Joey answers the door to Patty and they both say hi. Joey tells her she looks great and asks, did you bring back my Peter Frampton album. Patty responds with a smile, Oh, you're still making me laugh. Joey walks over to Jesse and introduces the two of them. Then he moves on to Danny, who gets up from the couch and shakes her hand. Patty admits seeing you and joe together brings back so many memories. Danny responds, I'll bet seeing you brings back a few memories for Joey too. Patty turns to Joey, saying how great it is that he and Danny are still friends, and Danny motions the ripping his heart out, throwing it on the floor and dancing on it shpiel that he did earlier, but Patty catches him doing the dance. Danny tells her, oh, reminiscing always makes me feel like dancing. Patty's confused, so Joey invites her down to his room because it's kind of hard to talk in the middle of a fiesta. Jesse tells Danny he looks depressed. He hands in the tax codebook to try and cheer him up.
Speaker 1: Can I say, though, Patty looks a lot like Pam.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yes. I was looking at the two of them on the door stoop and I was like, they could be the Tanner girl's parents like they look.
Speaker 1: So I'm just back to the conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she does look like she could be related.
Speaker 1: If this were a soap opera, that would be Pam's twin that came back the evil. Then you find out later that it's actually her back from the dead or something. Yeah, and that joe is actually the father.
Speaker 2: Patti is definitely the Stefano Demera of episode. Yes, for sure the villain. So as Joey and Patty walked downstairs, he explains he moved in with Danny to help raise the three girls. She tells him he hasn't changed a bit and reaches towards him for a big hug, but Joey doesn't hug her back. He asks, why are you here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where are you here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And why is your jacket made out of a couch?
Speaker 2: It does look a little it's like the seventies.
Speaker 1: Made out of a seventies couch or something that you would make Mary Poppins like carpetbag out of. Oh yeah, it's exactly what it looked like.
Speaker 2: It was heavy and hot, like a right thick heavy material. You know, she was sweating under that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could make curtains out of It's like the blackout curtains, right right? You take yeah, you take the shirt and actually make curtains.
Speaker 2: So Patty admits she was married and just got a divorce. So she started to think about the last time she was really happy, and that was when she was with Joey. Can we say rebound, right?
Speaker 1: I was like I literally wrote down rebound. Be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a big old red flag, Joey. Joey begins to say there were a lot of good times, but then Patty interrupts him. Oh, Popeye, you still have the doll I gave you.
Speaker 1: Ah, now we have an origin story for that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, it's starting. It's all we're piecing it all together. She picks up the doll and sits on his bed. You remember the first time you did the voice for me? Joey takes a seat next to her, remembering it was after their first kiss.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you kiss somebody and then they did a pop Eye voice, that.
Speaker 2: Would be an immediate no. That would be a break in the date.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you did that now. Yes, nothing that I'm not I've lost. Yeah, its not.
Speaker 2: There is a time and a place, and a first kiss is not it or anything.
Speaker 1: But apparently she was very impressed with the pope bye because she she's in a botom a doll.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's she's that's that turns her on. For some reason. Patty says that anytime she needs a good laugh, she thinks about the first time she saw him. Joey laughs, Oh no, not halftime at the homecoming game. She nods, Yep, fifty six thousand people waiting to see the crowning of the homecoming queen, and there's this maniac streaker streaking the full length of the football field. Fuck naked.
Speaker 1: No, they were in college, right, because I was like, fifty six thousand people at a high school. Oh yeah, but then, okay, it was like collegeh.
Speaker 2: That's a lot, even for college. It seems like a lot. They must have gone to a big university, San Francisco State fifty six. And does everyone show up? Well, I guess yeah, the homecoming game is popular, but that did seem like an extraordinary.
Speaker 1: It was an extraordinary amount of people.
Speaker 2: Joey insists he was not buck naked. He was wearing high tops and a Nixon mask. Okay, Patty rests, that's a.
Speaker 1: That's a choyce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Patty rests her hand on Joey's shoulder and tells him she misses the fun they had. Joey smiles. It was a lot of fun, wasn't it. His demeanor changes, and he stands up, saying, until you walked out on me? How could you do that to me? You never even said goodbye. You just took off with Michael Winchester and left me a lousy note. Do you know how much that hurt? Do you have any idea what you put me through?
Speaker 1: Joey's upset.
Speaker 2: Joey's upset that Joey's upset, Patty tells him she wanted to say goodbye, but she just couldn't face him. Joey shrugs. I still don't know why you left me for Michael. Patty sighs, because despite all the fun we were having, I needed some romance in my life. I wanted someone to sweep me up in their arms and say I love you. Joey emphasizes that he did say I love you. Patty nods yeah, as Bullwinkle, Yosemite, sam Elmer fudd. I wanted to hear you say it for real.
Speaker 1: For she's got she has got a very.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't like this Patty woman, but she's got a point, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's kind of she's, you know, grasping at some strawslo but trying to just put her life back together. Poor thing, I you know, get it. It's rough she's stressed, but she has a very valid point in that Bullwinkle does not make for a romantic evening.
Speaker 2: No, but it just seems like a joke. It doesn't seem it doesn't seem sincere. If he's seen I Love You as Bullwinkle, it seems like he's just cracking jokes again. Yeah, Joey sincerely tells her, I can't believe you didn't know how I felt about you, Patty. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. We hear the sentimental violins and Patty gives him a big hug. Joey's wondered for ten years what it would be like to hold her again. Patty asks how does it feel, and Joey says wonderful and kisses her. He tells her, I really did love you. I don't think I ever stopped.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, this was a really long scene. But I like Dave does so well. Like Dave does really well with these dramatic these dramatic bits.
Speaker 1: You know what I said, serious Dave was here for your Dave.
Speaker 2: I like it. He's got such range and you don't see it very often because he's always the goofball right, dud voices.
Speaker 1: But Joey was upset.
Speaker 2: Joey I was upset. Jo's upset.
Speaker 1: So if it was ten years ago, what how old were they? Nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yeah, I don't know, nineteen, you know, young love some people, Yeah, some people find their soulmates at nineteen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Oh no, I didn't. Wasn't It wasn't that. I was just like trying to kind of piece it together. I was like, oh, yeah, nineteen, Okay.
Speaker 2: No, wait, is he the same age as is Joey the same age as Bob or as Danny?
Speaker 1: Danny they were in the same grade.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, Danny's already had his thirtieth birthday. Okay, so they've got to be they were thirty. Okay, Well, not that this matters. We're splitting hairs like this really doesn't matter. But for some reason, it feels like I just want I just was I was trying to place it, you know, Okay, Okay, So yes, there, Now this was ten years ago, so they were twenty. So we cut to a sentimental commercial break, and we're back in the living room. Danny is happily singing about doing his taxes. Jesse walks in carrying a box of receipts from last year, Ready to do the long form if it'll actually make him more money, he dumps the receipts on top of Danny's neatly organized piles. Jesse starts with a receipt that's from a time he went to lunch with his boss. He jokingly asks, now would that be considered a Mick write off? Danny doesn't laugh because he's too worried about Joey. He wonders how long does it take to say Patty, I never want to see you again. Jesse tells him not to worry about it, but Danny's just hoping he doesn't fall back under her spell. On cue, Joey and Patty walk in with their arms wrapped around each other. They're laughing, and they give each other a kiss as they head for the front door. Danny looks at them with disgust, and Jesse smiles. See nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: The spell has been cast.
Speaker 2: Back upstairs, Stephan dj scurry from the bathroom back into their bedroom, still handcuffed together, relieved that they made it back without anyone seeing them. Suddenly, Kimmy gives them a jump scare when she greets them. Steph asks if Kimmy got the key, and she admits she did not. Kimmy tells them the key is in Reno with her brother. But the good news is he'll be back tomorrow morning to pick up his unemployment check.
Speaker 1: So so Kimmy had to tell her brother then. Wasn't she afraid that her brother was gonna kill her? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I feel like she got this message from her mom maybe like she went home to get the key and the mom's like, oh no, sorry, Garth is in Reno, you know till tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah maybe yah?
Speaker 2: Can I think so, Danny? Why are they so afraid of this big brother? I mean, he doesn't seem like a very menacing person. Yeah, Garth's unemployed. He is in Reno, like he's Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like, how old is Garth? What he ever?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: He's in Reno? What is he doing in Reno?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know. The Skibbler's up to, you.
Speaker 1: Know what he you know why he's in Reno. He's Uh, he's helping the family exotic animal trade, remember the hostridges and stuff. So he's he's in Rena one of their clients. Uh and uh looking into selling a white tiger.
Speaker 2: So that actually makes more sense than what was written.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and that well, he's selling a white t He's he's been studying on the sly with Sacred and Mury, so he's that's why the magic, that's why the exotic animal trade. Oh my gosh, Joyah.
Speaker 2: You figured it out. How did you figure this out?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I just if I just let my brain go long enough, it would make some really weird connections. So yeah, so that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Danny knocks on the door and Kimmy begs, please don't get me in trouble. This whole storyline, I mean, it's such a stretch, Like why don't they just tell Danny and Danny can help them get uncuffed?
Speaker 1: Like right, like help, I'm right.
Speaker 2: It's it's much ado about nothing. But the joke's gotta work. The jokes gotta work. So they panic Stephan Dj run for the bed. Kimmy immediately hugs Danny as he walks through the door. Oh, mister Tanner, I had to come by and give you a good night hug. He pats her on the back, telling her that her mom called. I don't know why, but she wants you home. Wow. Yeah, this is just the beginning of the mistreatment of Kimmy Gibbler. You know, just makes me sad. Kimmy points at Steph and DJ, who are both laying in DJ's bed, and says she will see them in the morning. You better, step DJ threatens. Danny walks over and asks why they are in the same bed. DJ leans into Steph. I love my little siss, and Stuff follows and I love my big sis.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm always suspicious. You're like they're actually something up to something.
Speaker 2: Danny's oblivious. He buys it and tells them they're gonna grow closer and closer as they get older. It's true. DJ smiles, Dad, we couldn't get any closer than we are right now. Danny laughs and said says good night. He turns to look at the girls before leaving and admires this is so sweet. He turns off the lights and DJ flings her arms out, exclaiming this is a nightmare. DJ decides they should just go to sleep. They lay down, and Stuff complains, I can't sleep on my back, so she rolls on top of DJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't sleep comfortable.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a back sleeper either. I am a I love I'm a stomach sleeper, but sometimes a side sleeper.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am a curl up in a little feetal position side sleeper. Oh well that's how I start. Apparently I startfish out during the night, according to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so comfortable. Oh oh yeah, so DJ yell, there's no way. She flips her over to the other side of the bed. They both confirm that they are settled and say good night after shutting their eyes. Stuff tells DJ, I think I drank too much lemonade after dinner. J groans, and Stuff pulls her out of bed. This was a cute bit. I could tell you were loving this little I was.
Speaker 1: It was so much when I flopped on and then I was like trying to keep a straight face, like I wasn't totally having fun and being ridiculous.
Speaker 2: He is, And Candas was probably annoyed, just like a big sistery I. She's like, oh my god, like I have to do I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She was like right, yeah, I with this kid. Yeah, And I was like, yeah, just annoying.
Speaker 2: So true alive and so back in the living room, Danny is still on the couch. This time he's in his pajamas, reviewing his tax forms with Michelle. He tells her it's time to finish Uncle Jesse's taxes. He asks her to help him add up all the numbers, and Michelle presses a button on the machine that does so. Danny asks, do you know how smart you are? Michelle responds, Daddy's smart too, he repeats after her, Daddy's smart too, and not all witness in the room, it would be the last time you ever hear it. Jesse walks into the living room in his pajamas, asking if they're done yet, since they've been up all night. Wait, so is this morning? Why is Michelle up? This isn't the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's morning. It's they've been up, Yeah, it's morning.
Speaker 2: It's morning.
Speaker 1: No, it's morning. And apparently they've been up all night doing taxes.
Speaker 2: Got it? So Michelle woke up and they just brought her into the fold of tax time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, at least they got her out of her grip.
Speaker 2: You know, Thank goodness, she's not in their lights on, right, Yeah, yeah, yelling howie right? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just still yelling out for Howie months later alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Danny announces, I'm about to make you a very happy man. According to your short form, you were getting back a measly three hundred and fifty two dollars tax refund, but thanks to using the long form, you are now entitled to pay the government forty eight dollars and seventeen cents. Jesse glares at Danny, I have to pay. I've been up all night with you. Haven't I paid enough? Michelle chimes in, don't worry, be happy, poor Michelle.
Speaker 1: Joe's just like trying to just lacate all the adults in this house for the Bobby mcfarren's song.
Speaker 2: You know she can feel the stress, so she can feel the emotional stress, right, and like no one just ignores her. Yeah, Joey cheerfully walks in through the front door, singing an operatic love song. Jesse smirks and asks if he was up, if he was out all night.
Speaker 1: He just came back through the front door and the same clothes that he's wearing. M And you ask him right right now, I just just popped out to repark my car in my suit.
Speaker 2: Yep, why not? Joey responds in song that he was. Danny asks if he was with Patty, and Joey says yes again in song. He glides into the kitchen and Jesse calls after him, Hey, Pava rotten wa waight up, I want some details. Danny and Jesse quickly follow after him.
Speaker 1: Pavaratti, of course, being a famous tenor for those all pretendor for anyone who's like, who is Pava rotten, Pa Pavarattie.
Speaker 2: Joe doing it all? I know we're cultured. So as Danny walks away, Michelle clears the coffee table of the text and says, look, daddy, table all clean. Danny is extremely distraught. Yes, table all clean. Oh, I've taught you well, but I think I've created a monster. Michelle makes monster noises as she walks towards Danny, pretending to attack him.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when they started doing that little monster thing they.
Speaker 2: Would like, This was written in because of that, right, because.
Speaker 1: They thought it was hilarious to be like little zombie monsters in the big and they'd make that little face on like Grality, and they thought it was just hilarious, and so we wrote it into the script because they would try and do it sometimes in the middle of a scene, you know, we're like, no, we can't, we can't play monster right now.
Speaker 2: See they finally got to do it right, you know on TV. It's so great. It was super cute. So in the kitchen, Jesse puts on an apron over his robe as Joey sits at the counter describing his night with Patty. He and Patty went back to all their old hangouts. They talked about their old friends. She even laughed at his old jokes. Jesse slips in a comment, I've heard your old jokes. She must be in love with you. Danny walks into the kitchen carrying Michelle and tells him there are a million fish in the sea. Why would he pick the fish that will break his heart?
Speaker 1: A million fish in the sea back then, only about two hundred thousand now, I'd say.
Speaker 2: Joey stops him. Danny, I'm back with Patty. It feels great now. Why can't you just be happy for me? Danny agrees that he may have been a little down on this whole thing. Jesse scoffs a little, don't you remember, and then he proceeds to do Danny's rip your heart out thrown on the floor and dance on it. Motion. Danny apologies, he just doesn't want Joey to get hurt again. Joey tells him not to worry, because this time he's going to do everything right. He's cooking dinner for her, and he's gonna be mister Romance.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Jesse, Joey, well, well, hold.
Speaker 2: On, Jesse. Jesse says, hey, that that title has already been claimed.
Speaker 1: Oh see, that's why I instantly was like, that's.
Speaker 2: Why you went to Jesse Stephan DJ walk into the kitchen side by side with mister Bear, covering their handcuffed hands. DJ says they came downstairs to inform the boys they aren't hungry for breakfast.
Speaker 1: If you don't want anyone to know, you should have just stayed upstairs. This like manufactured, right, Whenever your kids come to tell you something they're not doing, you're like, why red flag? You're yeah, yeah, yeah, like, hey, we're not doing that. I didn't ask, that's weird. Why are you here? What do you really want? And what are you up to?
Speaker 2: Now? You've drawn attention to my right and.
Speaker 1: Exactly now you're just like, don't look over.
Speaker 2: Here, right, So Danny stops the girls before they're about to leave. He notices that they're wearing the exact same clothes as yesterday. Stuff points out, so is Joey. Joey stutters, Well, that's because I had so much fun in them yesterday that I woke up early, washed them and put them back on again. DJ nods us too. Yep. Kimmy struts in through the door, wearing a fabulous red plaid skirt and says hi to the Tanners. She leans into DJ and staff, whispering, bad news. My brother is staying in Reno for a week.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you can't sell tigers overnight, you know what I mean. You gotta It's like permits, there's permits, there's things you've gotta you gotta transport. You can't bring them with you, you know what I mean. You gotta be like here's what I've gone, a couple new ones. You know it's and all of this is highly illegal. I'm sure. Well, noa Novada, I don't know Nevada kind of anything goes. I think you could probably own a white tiger. Well, I mean you can if you're sick reading Roy. So anyway, he's he's on some family company business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arth is doing shady stuff and he needs a little bit longer to do it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, stuff is upset. She yells, you can't get the key, let me at her. She reaches to strangle Kimmy and exposes the handcuffs. Danny is startled and asks Kimmy, did you handcuff my daughters together? Kimmy just smiles. Boy, nothing gets by you. Jesse jumps in and says, no problem. Those are magic cuffs Hadham when I was a kid. Very simple. I'll need an assistant. Danny raises his hand and Jesse says, not you. Jesse picks Kimmy and proceeds to throw the apron over the handcuffs to recreate the magic trick. He tells Kimy to place her hands under the apron while with the girls and says Abra cadabra. He lifts the apron off and reveals that the handcuffs are now on Kimmy. Wow.
Speaker 1: Jesse's a magician too. Yeah, how many magicians in this house? I had no idea.
Speaker 2: This is you know this two beat Michael Campion. This was this was pre Michael Campion that played Jackson on fuller house and he was also is a magician.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 2: Kimmy wants the handcuffs off, but Jesse asks the girls if he should take them off. Both reply nah, and Michelle repeats after them Nah. Jesse and the girls turn to walk away, and Kimmy tells them, wait, don't go, I'm stuck, and she tugs at the handcuffs. Kimmy turns to face Danny and he mocks her, boy, nothing gets by you. Danny walks away and she continues to fidget with the handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Alone, have we just left a child handcuffed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And away and basically been like, so what up for you?
Speaker 2: Like she is such a scapegoat, Kimmy, Like they just use and abuse her. This is tame, This is tame. Just wait, I just said we left Kimmy handcuff my god. Yeah, it's not like she did it on Purp. I mean, like I kind of I forgive Greg as I forgive her. It's not like she deliberately handcuffed together. She's just an idiot, didn't have the key. And her brother's selling white tigers, buying white tigers and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her brother's trying to make some money for the family with his magic connections and and exotic animal pets and yeah, and Kimmy's just like, look, I'm doing my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cut her some slack.
Speaker 1: Well there, you know she's trying. She's gonna have to step into his shoes eventually and be the magic animal pet trained person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's got big shoes to fill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in the backyard, this is now Joey and Patty's date. Joey and Patty are seated at a table and he holds up his wine glass to Patty and toasts, May the magic of this moment live forever. They clink and take a sip of their wine while Italian music plays in the background. Patty down at her plate and says, you know what this spaghetti reminds me of? Joey doesn't answer, and she encourages him to remember. He admits that's a little silly, don't you think? She insists, well, for old time's sake, Joey gives in, Well, Lady in the Tramp was the most romantic cartoon ever made. He picks up a long piece of his spaghetti and places it in their mouths. They recreate the scene from the movie and end it with a kiss. This is so gross.
Speaker 1: Why because half of her noodle winds up in his mouth?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she swallows half of it and then regurgitates and he swallows, swallow.
Speaker 1: It was just like, I mean, if you've kissed someone, I don't. I mean, I'm not saying that like baby birding food, but I feel like a you know what I mean, I feel like a slightly this. I was gonna say something a slightly licked noodle, and then I was like, that's not that doesn't make it better, Joey, I know, I know. I was like, no, I need to say it because it's funny. But yeah, like a you know, a slightly licked limp noodle. It's getting worse. It's getting worse very quick.
Speaker 2: Keep going, stop talking, stop talking, Okay, Patty admires, you always make Patty admires the sorry, never mind the slightly slightly. Oh god, we have to stop or I'm gonna lose it. Joey grabs her hand and they lovingly stare at each other. She breaks the silence. Joey, let's streak. Whoa, whoa what this came out a left field right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She wants him to take off all their clothes and run through the neighborhood. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a recipe for an indecent exposure ticket, Hannah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, and this woman is thirty years old, Like, haven't you outgrown this this by now?
Speaker 1: Like I don't think you ever really outgrow running around naked somewhere.
Speaker 2: As a joke.
Speaker 1: But I just feel like it's such a It was abrupt, It was very abrupt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a turn which I think was intentional. Yeah, it was a shocker.
Speaker 1: I mean, not as shocking as it would be if they stripped down the naked and ran through the neighborhood, but shocking nonetheless with their slightly licked with their slightly licked lip noodles. Joey.
Speaker 2: Joey immediately shuts this down. Oh thank god, Patty, I can't run through the streets naked. These people have a neighborhood watch program. Seriously, right, Patty offers I have a better idea food fight. She gets up from the table and starts throwing bread rolls at him. Joey gets up trying to stop her. Are you okay? She's not? Has she had too much wine?
Speaker 1: Like, what's going on? I felt like Patty was having just this a I don't know, just sort of a spiraling all that. She was like, we're gonna let's let's be a lady in the tramp and now we're gonna and now we're gonna streak and now food fight, and yeah, I expected her to just burst out crying like next, you know what I mean that she just some sort of yeah.
Speaker 2: Unhinged, indeed unhinged and lack of judgment for sure. Joey grabs the basket of buns and reminds her, I thought you wanted me to be romantic. She responds that was ten years ago. I came back for the old crazy Joey. Joey tells her he's not like that anymore. Patty doesn't believe him. He's still the same guy that always made her laugh. No, I am not the same guy, he insists. She says he is, and Joey sternly tells her, no, I'm not. You don't know anything about this, Joey. I work in advertising, I'm raising three little girls. I have a whole new life. Now Patty's expression changes and she asks, why are you getting so upset? I thought we were falling in love again. Joey thought so too, but he's realizing they're falling in love with the memories. All they have is their past. This is a very astute observation from Joey.
Speaker 1: I mean all they did was go back to their old places and talk about old things and jokes. Yeah, jokes. So I feel like he's not.
Speaker 2: A whole lot of substance there. Yeah. And then they sucked on some noodles, and.
Speaker 1: Then there was the you know, slightly limped, slightly wet, uh shared limp noodle and then it was just it always like I can't do this, all down all downhill from there. Yeah, so cue the violins, which I was impressed by the way the Italian music cut off and the violins cut in. So yeah, that was very nice music. You would turn off the Italian music in the background. Oh, I mean it was playing on a little stereo, but someone cut it off so the violins could play.
Speaker 2: It was just such a strange like, yeah, wait, if you think about it too hard, you're like, wait a minute, where did that come from?
Speaker 1: I try not to, but it's hard.
Speaker 2: Patty asks about their future. She believes they're getting the second chance, only this time they can have a happy ending. Joey sighs, I know you came back into my life just like I dreamed you would. It should be perfect, but it's not. Let's face it, we don't know each other. She sadly agrees. Joey says, in a way, it was a happy ending. He got to say things he needed to say, and here are things he wanted to hear. Now when he thinks back to them, he can feel good about it. Okay, this is growth like this is like a lot of great growth for Joey. Patty suddenly feels like they're strangers. Joey points out, we're standing here in front of two plates of spaghetti that are getting cold. Why don't we sit down, enjoy this beautiful dinner and get to know each other. Patty smiles and says okay. They sit back down. Joey extends his arm out for a handshake and introduces himself. Hi, I'm Joey Gladstone. She shakes his hand. Hi, Patricia Fogerty. Joey asks if she likes Italian food, and she says yes. He adds, the great part about it is it they don't deliver it within a half hour. It's free. Patty smirks and Joey does his Popeye impression and that is.
Speaker 1: Our show, ladies and gentlemen. Nah, he just said he's not He's a different person. And then he goes back to doing a poppy.
Speaker 2: He goes back to the pop Eye. Well, they needed a button. I know, I know the button, but it was a button nonetheless. But yeah, I know, if you're trying to show growth, you don't end the same way you began, which is with them, right.
Speaker 1: And I also feel like I also feel like Joey is still that guy. He's still that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean he's got he's multie.
Speaker 1: He's multifaceted, but he's Yeah, I thought Joey would have been thrilled that someone was, but I guess he was trying to beat turn over a new romantic leaf, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, in this episode made me sad that we don't really get like a great long term love interest for Joey do we Like, We've got Becky for Jesse, we eventually get Vicky for Danny, but joe never really has anyone, does he?
Speaker 1: Not that we see no, But uh but when he comes back and fuller, you know, he's got he's got a wife and four kids.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. Well I wish he had he had never seen her again.
Speaker 1: We saw her one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the kids were wild, remember they were just sure they were They were definitely crazy, wild kids they made. Yeah, the wife and the kids weren't invited back to the full after that. But yeah, this was.
Speaker 1: This was you know, it was a it was a cute episode.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was glad that we got to see Joey have a little range and like, you know, I know a little bit about his past and kind of what was going on. I love that Danny was super protective of him. I thought that was very cute in their relationship. But yeah, it was sort of it was like it was there was you know, the storylines were kind of it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of myth. Yeah, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was the mid It was mid as the kids would.
Speaker 2: Say, oh yeah, it was definitely mid mid. I don't know why they made Patty out to be like this villain, like she's this she broke up with him, you know, in a post it note basically, and.
Speaker 1: She wants to streat her boyfriend's stationary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, that's I'm making a sex in the City reference. But yeah, yeah, on the boyfriend's stationary. And then she acts crazy during the Lady and the Tramp dinner, Like I don't know why they had to make her up to be like kind of the bad guy. Why can't they just be exes who come back together two years later and don't really know each other, because.
Speaker 1: Then there's no con. Then there's no there's then there's no there's no con, there's no steaks, there's no you know what I mean, Like it's not one person wanting one thing and one person wanting another. Okay, because you have to show there was some sort of conflict has to occur between the two characters, I guess, and not like conflict conflict, but like there are there what they want? Isn't a higher yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But well it did show tremendous growth for Joey, which.
Speaker 1: And I think that was kind of the big thing too, was that we see because I and one of the things I wrote down too was that Joey's room seems a little less crazy or is it just me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is he growing up?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 2: He? Has less like cartoons stuff.
Speaker 1: I felt a little bit like sorry it was dog. Uh yeah, it felt Joey's room felt much less like chaotic and yeah, it felt like there was less and I think and I wonder, like, is some of that stuff gonna come back for the next episode? Was this they just removed it for this episode to sort of showed Joey's growth a little bit because I wrote that down in the very first scene, was Joey's room seems much cleaner. And now now I am tracking it and seeing maybe why that they were trying to show that he's grown a little bit. Like even his his outfit choice was a little bit. He had like the sweater and like a button up shirt under it, you know what I mean. He was just kind of maturing a little bit. So I think this is like Joey's Joey's growth era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as compared to the.
Speaker 1: I mean compared to the pilot when he walked in in that red shirt with those ridiculous characters on it and like a clown. Yeah, with all of all of the cartoon stuff animal and the mannequin. Yeah, now it's like a mannequin a few animals, right, But and then like some cartoonish art. But yeah, and the mannequin is really hockey related. It's more sport, you know, he's in the Red Wings stuff. But it's a little match.
Speaker 2: They're not matching anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not matching anymore. It just feels slightly less childish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I bet you that was an intentional move on the set deck. Yeah, part to yeah, trying to kind of show an adult, a more grown up adult Joey.
Speaker 1: Yep. And I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 2: He's still the same Joey, Like, he's still funny and he's doing doing Popeye, So he's still doing Popeye, but he's got more depth to him. And I really appreciate, Yeah, seeing more depth from these these I mean, I'm also biased because I'm like the silly the pasilly punchline character too, So I love when we get to see more depth to these these side characters that are just like, yeah, balls all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Did you? Uh?
Speaker 1: Did you happen to have any everywhere he looks.
Speaker 2: In this one, I do, I have I have a tiny one. What is it? In the scene where Michelle is acting like a monster and walking over to Danny. Danny sitting against the wall and you can totally see a crack in the wall where where it swings out so the camera can fit in there. Really and then Bob leans back against.
Speaker 1: The wall and it's shakes and it's a set. The wall goes back. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's funny just because you can you're like, oh, yeah, that's clearly a set that wall with studs or anything.
Speaker 1: These walls don't have hinges like that, so they can move slightly out of the way.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 1: I have had one small everywhere you look that was also kind of a set deck thing. But if you look in the scene, they're in the kitchen and in the background of one of the shots you see the laundry room and the laundry detergent, which has been what they call Greek which is where you kind of like make it look like something else that you don't have to pay, you know, the licensing fees for whatever the name of it is. It was all detergent A L L which is a brand of detergent, but they made it say ale a.
Speaker 2: I L A. Yeah, that's how they greeked it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was we had ale like an ailment. Uh that was.
Speaker 2: Because Danny thinks of dirtiness as an aim that needs to be fixed and weird. Yeah, with the ale detergent, that's great. I didn't notice that. I'll have to go back in live.
Speaker 1: It's my little.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: And I also noticed that DJ and Steph when they jump into bed at that one scene where they're like both laying in DJ's bed, they fully have their shoes one under the I mean, I know they're trying to whatever, but still at.
Speaker 2: Least take your shoes off.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody ever has their shoes off. Well, Jesse did, true, he had socks on in this episode when he was in his rope.
Speaker 2: Oh you've noticed everything, wow, eagle eye Jodi.
Speaker 1: I think I wrote it down because I was like, finally, someone not wearing like normal, you know, not wearing shoes in the house at seven in the morning, when you've been up all night. You would be in socks, right, that's.
Speaker 2: I And for Danny, I'm surprised that Danny doesn't make people take off their shoes at the front door or the back door, you know, and it's not like it's just like socks only house. Yeah, because that's how I am. I'm like, take your shoes off. I don't know where those shoes have been, Like, I'm a barefoot I'm a barefoot person. Yeah, or socks if it's cold in my house. I don't like shoes in my house either, So I've never even thought about that. I just take it for granted that, Yeah, we're always wearing shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's partly because walking around on set you don't want to be barefoot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's nail they tell you not to do. They don't even want you wearing open toad shoes on a set because of the nails and all the stuff and the things you could get hurt on.
Speaker 1: You know, screws all the manner of things. But yeah, I did notice that Jesse actually was wearing socks in that scene. I was like, Oh, nice, look at you being like a real, you know, human being.
Speaker 2: Yep, Gina Traconis and Bob Squire our wordrobe people were attention of.
Speaker 1: Mahon. Yeah, well that was a That was another fun episode of Howard Tanrito's.
Speaker 2: Always more fun getting to talk about it with you.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we can take even the meh episodes and make them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so agreed.
Speaker 1: Here we go congratulations, Well everyone, thank you. That was just I'm sorry. My brain left for a minute.
Speaker 2: It came back, and I have to prepare for your outros pause and think.
Speaker 1: I got a pause. I think I have to make sure that I briefly read my bracelets so that I know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to say, bracelet, thank you everybody for joining us for another episod sort of how rud tannerto's uh. If you want to follow us or d m us on Instagram, you can follow us at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us an email at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. We're so glad that you joined us for another episode. We have so much fun doing this with everyone. And uh yeah. You also make sure that you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so that you can make sure and get all the newest episodes as soon as they air. Uh and uh yeah, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: That's I think I think that that's you.
Speaker 1: That's the spiel and.
Speaker 2: Now you gotta yeah, you gotta gear up.
Speaker 1: Okay, say remember everybody, the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 2: See. I think it's it's you've now got a memory's stuck in your head.
Speaker 1: Now it's the I now have the months, yea, and then the yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm very proud of you. Thank you. Our fan Arritos are very proud of you than you
Speaker 1: Modern