Speaker 1: Somebody's boys.
Speaker 2: Please pay. These two boys will save two busters because they are and a cereal reviewing cereals?
Speaker 1: Is that going?
Speaker 2: And a cereal taking some nonsense?
Speaker 1: You have a college. When you're taking the cereal.
Speaker 2: You can't do it taking series show shows cereal show.
Speaker 1: You are late No. Eleven five.
Speaker 2: First of all, nobody knows what's going on here. Andrew comes it down. Where are you now? You're in some room with air conditioning events.
Speaker 1: This is my apartment.
Speaker 2: Oh so, welcome to Serial Killers. It's episode one seventeen. Today's Friday. I'm Scotty b. There's Andrew in New Jersey and our special guest today because she begged to be on the show again, because they just want to make fun of me. Is You might have seen her on the Rachel Ray Show, maybe featured in the background of an Extreme coupone episode. My wife Amy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, thanks for having me, Dad, Andrew, no problem, not you, Scott.
Speaker 2: There we go go. I'll gotta talk over each other. It's gonna take me seven hours to edit and can't wait. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: You have twenty years of experience. I would think you'd master it by now, I mean you moved to Iowa. There was that whole time. You moved to Iowa for that whole year, sorry, nine months. So you know, with that extensive twenty year career, I would think this would just be a second nature to you. But clearly I don't know.
Speaker 2: I worked for Western Union in Iowa. Dude, I didn't do any radio in Iowa. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, you're still worries always get mixed up. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It really has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: You go off on five minutes tangents talking about well, when Chips first aired, I was a young boy and had a unicycle.
Speaker 2: Cutting this all out, cutting it all out, cutting it all out. Now you can't I have to because you're so loud and I can't edit it. Man, Amy, you keep moving what I'm too loud? No, Amy, so loud locations. This is why I don't want to do this, because it's so difficult for me. You don't understand. No, but you you're you guys are your levels are so different and I cannot. I cannot edit it.
Speaker 1: Do you have Apple headphones? Yeah? Yes, Why don't you plug those in instead? Those seem to work well.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Andrew, it wasn't a unicycle. It was a Chips big wheel. Why don't you like my stories?
Speaker 1: Well, because you are so quick to say that you just want this podcast done. We don't understand how much editing you do. We just drone on and on. Wait, you just talk and then you just get to go off on tangents. You get your cereal graveyard, you get to talk about Chips, you get to play your seventies songs that no one knows but you and a select number of listeners. It's that way every time, and the minute someone else speaks, you immediately go into like rage.
Speaker 2: I have an idea. Here's what's going to happen with this episode. You're going to edit it and I'm going to edit it, and we're going to see how they turn out. I want to see the difference between the two. How about that?
Speaker 1: So I basically have a homework assignment to edit a podcast that's already being edited by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you complain about it constantly. Oh, it's so hard for you to edit. You don't understand. Dude, you give you no idea? Can we eat?
Speaker 1: I'm ready to eat. You're the one who was talking about I have a challenge for you this week. Andy.
Speaker 2: No, but if the listeners, you know that listen constantly, will see that you're always berating me, like, oh, it's so hard to you don't understand, Like when there's multiple people, it's very difficult. Dude. Your eyes just went so high they broke the top of my computer. Stop rolling your eyes at me, and let's just go take out bag number four. Back in twenty sixteen, the original version of this cereal came out. I don't know why it went away and came back as a different version. Amy, you will hate this because it's loaded with sugar. It is frosted flakes from Kellogg's with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: See Andrew, Yeah, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you remember we've had them in the past, Andrew, they were just frosted flakes with little white disks. Those were the marshmallows. There were a couple of different ones. Fruit Loops had them, apple Jack's had them. They were all the same marshmallows. And then those all kind of went away. But frosted flakes came back and there's new marshmallows in them. This one shaped like Tony and some other I don't know what these other shapes are. Oh, there's a sporty scarf, a power paw, and a sweet swirl. Those are the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I think I only got power paws. I got a red one, I got a swirl, and I got power pause. That's about it.
Speaker 2: See now, my kids would probably love this. But Amy, I'm sure you've banished them to the kitchen kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, Scott, yes, what Amy's using almond milk my favorite?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we can allow guests to use whatever they use because they don't have to conform, you know, to our standards. But Andrew, you and I will always use cow's milk, and then we just won't really take the guests ratings, you know, to heart, because it wasn't real milk, so it skews things. Here we go. Frosted flakes with marshmallows twenty twenty addition.
Speaker 1: That's really sweet.
Speaker 2: The marshmallows are great. I do like them. This would be a better cereal if it was cornflakes with marshmallows. The flakes don't need to be frosted because the marshmallows do the frosting for it, so it is very very sweet.
Speaker 1: I give it four bowles. Yep, I almost feel like the frosted flakes. I almost called it seasoning coating. The coating. Yeah, that word wash is off way faster.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell. Because the marshmallows are so sweet. So you're a huge fan of just traditional frosted flakes, I know that's a five bowler for you. Yeah, I could take or leave frosted flakes. They don't love it, don't hate it. I will give this four balls. It's overly sweet, but every once in a while it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Amy, what do you think? All Right, they're shocking with my rating. Before the pandemic, I would have given it two bowls because of the way of my healthy ways and YadA, YadA, YadA. But now looking at like a little bit differently, I can enjoy the greater things in life.
Speaker 2: And this brings me back to eating very very sweetened.
Speaker 1: Corn flakes aka frosted flakes with the lucky Charms marshmallows. So that's what it's all. The other four bowls.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised, really, are you drinking coffee as a little uh palate cleanser?
Speaker 1: Maybe coffee with what in it? Cream?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, I just don't. I don't want the coffee to mess up your taste buds.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 2: I also, I see that's great, Andrew. If you remember, we did have chocolate frosted flakes with marshmallows a while back. That one was good also, but also really sweet, although I do prefer that to this. So let's move on to baggy number five.
Speaker 1: I don't like the look of it already. This is Kashi, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is from Kashi.
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew it.
Speaker 2: We've done multiple of these already. I mean, these just keep coming. I can't stop the gos from coming because it just they keep going. I've said it in the past. Kashi had a line called Golan. They got rid of the Golan, and now it's go Rise, Go Play, Go Sparkle, Flow, Go Crush, Go Defy, Go Wander, Go Shine, And this is Go Love. It is chocolate Crunch, Kashi Go Love.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It started as Kashi Golean Chocolate Crunch in twenty seventeen, and since they've changed their marketing, it's all go other things. Now. We still have two or three more to go, because we've done one, two, three, four, We've done We've done. I can't even see.
Speaker 1: I think we did Spark. I feel like Spark was one we did. I'm not a chocolate person. Oh then you are not gonna like the cereal at all. Does this have chocolate pieces in it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean according to the picture on the box, it does not. And if you don't have any chocolate pieces in your bag, since I gave you a pretty big bag, then the answer would be no.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I thought I saw a little Chalco nab.
Speaker 2: That's an ant. There was some crawling around on the counter from all the cereal we have, and it must have crawled in the bag.
Speaker 1: Oh in the Cereal museum that you keep calling it, when it's really just a cesspool of germs and phil.
Speaker 2: It's sad because the promotion, the serial museum promotion has expired. There was two for one admission and they all sold out on groupon so you know, sorry, but you're gonna have to pay full price to see the museum at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh God, if we had to get a health rating from the New York Board of Health, we'd get like a D.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. First of all, there is no D. Second all, it is a quite impressive hall of boxes, don't you think.
Speaker 1: But there's roaches in the boxes.
Speaker 2: I don't think there are. I heard that roaches can't climb up this high. All right, So this one is go love from Cashy Chocolate Crunch. They're giant, freaking clusters. I feel like you could choke on them if you don't chew them up completely. Yeah, got my fat free milk because it's all the gas station had.
Speaker 1: I have to say the Cashie varieties, they're almost too clustery to the point where they cut your mouth open.
Speaker 2: They're just the machine doesn't break them up well enough. Here we go. It's not overly chocolate. It's not bad.
Speaker 1: You guys are like professionals.
Speaker 2: I feel like the milk is going to be good in this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just a it's a their cereal. Like if it's on the counter, you're almost like, oh it's there.
Speaker 2: I would snack on this rather than eat it for breakfast. And I also think more cocoa than I do chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also just taste the puff. I don't really taste anything else.
Speaker 2: Why is there got to be rosemary in here?
Speaker 1: Rosemary?
Speaker 2: I hate rosemary?
Speaker 1: Yes? Could you bring that box home? Because you know why why it's somewhat tastes like honey snacks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what did you not hear me? Or no? No, I heard you, but I don't understand what you say.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of honey smacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you want me to just bring you home a box of honey smacks?
Speaker 1: No? I have a question for you, Amy, Yes, Andrew, how does this taste like honey smacks to you? I think it's the almond milk.
Speaker 2: And there you go, I choked chicken.
Speaker 1: I will say this tastes like an eggo chocolate chip waffle. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You need to your middle who keeps getting email alerts.
Speaker 1: That's me. Sorry, I'm shutting it down. Lnnio.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think this ceria tastes like anything except this cereal. And I give it three balls because I don't love it.
Speaker 1: I actually am bumping it up and giving it three bowls and a spoon. Originally was going to give it two bowls and a spoon, but once I made the chocolate chip eggo waffle connection, I said to myself self, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: Amy didn't rate it.
Speaker 1: This is a four bowler yep.
Speaker 2: So four balls from amy on Kashi Golove Chocolate Crunch. Now this next one, Andrew, you're not gonna like.
Speaker 1: It because I can already see the dehydrated strawberries.
Speaker 2: Yes, this one does have strawberries in it. And this is another one that came from our friend Jamie. She sent us that giant box from al d And this is one of the last ones. It's a Fit and Active brand and it's a giant ripoff of Kellogg's special k with red berries. This one is just called Vitality Cereal with red berries. Remember we had the other Vitality with vanilla and almond. Andrew, don't scrutinize the strawberries, please.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate hate dehydrated fruits. They make my mouth itchy. Even with Scott denies it, I have to say, they do give you a really big amount of strawberries, like, they don't skimp out on it.
Speaker 2: No, well, look at mine, I didn't get any. I got one this whole cup.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one of the four that's in mind.
Speaker 2: I think I sent them all to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wanted me to get it in scratchy throat. Oh God, the strawberry is chewy.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be whim Well, the box says compared to special k Redberries, and there's no comparison. This is not a good cereal.
Speaker 1: This is absolutely putrid, disgusting. Would throw this in a landfill and light the landfill on fire.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that horrendous, but it's just not good.
Speaker 1: It's like the strawberries are like, they're like sour. It's like a sour cereal.
Speaker 2: Well, go ahead and say it's what's your keyword here that you always use for dehydrated fruit. What does it taste like, Andrew Seltzer? Yeah, it tastes like Seltzer.
Speaker 1: Well this one doesn't. It's like chewy.
Speaker 2: It's strawberry Seltzer even dry.
Speaker 1: This is not a dehydrated fruit. I don't even know what this is.
Speaker 2: Well, Amy seem to have been excited for this cereal at the beginning. What are your thoughts? Now?
Speaker 1: Very very soggy fruit and the consistency of the flakes are like odd in the flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the same with the other one. So I'm guessing that you know fit and active from Aldi. Just crap. They're really not good. Andrew, Uh, here I got this for you. It's the cereal inferno.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you Jesus. All right, wait, let me get the back. I can't hear. I can't hear the smoldering noises over zoom.
Speaker 2: Oh but wait a minute, hold on. If something goes into the cereal inferno, that means it's zero. It's nothing. We it's it's vimicious. We just want to get rid of it. This one is is not a zero bowl cereal. It's okay, I'm gonna give it to oh it is this is This is a zero.
Speaker 1: The strawberries are chewy like. I can't stress this enough to our listeners right now. I tried it, but I didn't spit it out. I just find nothing appealing about the flakes. The strawberries are chewy, even dehydrated like, they don't have like a snap to them that other dehydrated fruits have.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. It's not It's not the same as the Kellogg's RedBerry, for sure. I'm gonna dip it a little bit, a bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 1: No, and then on top of that, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's not disgusting or they wouldn't make it. Somebody likes it, you don't care for it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. Was sour Patch kids Cereal made? Were the Cereal Schools Cereals made? So your point is moved by the way.
Speaker 2: Somebody emailed me Daisy, I think it was on Twitter and said that Cereal School has changed the recipe and they're different, and she offered to send us some and I said noth thanks, But I mean, if you want to try the new recipe.
Speaker 1: I would do it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Amy. We'll have to do an episode together, Andrew, I'm in.
Speaker 2: Amy's all about keto stuff or gluten free or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's gluten free and keto. Maybe they're the same things.
Speaker 2: It's everything free.
Speaker 1: Well, I give this zero bowls and it's getting thrown in the incinerator.
Speaker 2: Have a nice life, Amy, What was your rating on this? A ball? Just a ball? Hey? You know what you me a favor? Is there any frosted flakes left there? I kind of want the kids to try screw them. They'll screw this up, forget it.
Speaker 1: Never mind, you're so nice to your family. I absolutely I know.
Speaker 2: We banished them out of the room because there are pains in the asses. But let's see some. You think I just want to stay here all day, right, I just want to stay here all day. Oh so while we wait for Amy to come back. Have you seen that? Andrew?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, put that down? Throwaway? Wait? Do you mention extreme couponing in it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And also Elvis Durant in the Morning Show, what do you know?
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 2: But you know what I forgot to mention is the Serial Killers podcast?
Speaker 1: So you don't care about this podcast? Now.
Speaker 2: I do care about it, but it just could not have come up, although I did have a lot of cereal in my closet at the time. Anyway, what we're talking about is the article in Newsday that I talked about supermarket shopping and savings during the pandemic. Came out today, So if you want to go check it out, go to newsday dot com and search for it. So I see my child in the room one of them. Anyway, Hi, Cooper, just for some milk in it?
Speaker 1: What kind of milk does Cooper use?
Speaker 2: Lactaid? So I figured of all three cereals, the most sugary kid friendly one is the new frosted Flakes with marshmallows. So why don't you give those a try. I'm just curious to have a kid's perspective. All right, thumbs up really doesn't mean much because this is audio. So come on close to the microphone and say what you think. Right, it's all right? Like four balls?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Or maybe three? Or what? Do you think it's too sweet? Would you prefer it without marshmallows? Oh more? All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna let the people at Kellogg's know that you want more marshmallows. I give it a four, four balls and a spoon, says Cooper, because she loves the sweet stuff. Yep, that was very rude, Cooper. I saw that frosty flakes.
Speaker 1: Don't you use like actual frosted flakes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, well, thank you very much, Scotty Be and Amy girls for stopping by Serial Killers today. Much appreciated. We'll not be bringing this box home for you because I'm sending it to Andrew.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I'll take it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. This has been episode one seventeen, and just so you know, as you're listening to this, it took me around seventeen hours to edit this episode because it's so long and obnoxious. But I got it done and it sounds awesome, doesn't it. Everyone's answering back now, Yes, it sounded great. Please follow us on social media at serial Killers. PC.
Speaker 1: Coy's phone is ringing.
Speaker 2: Not mine. Oh it's a landline phone. That's not even a millennial phone.
Speaker 1: Should I answer it?
Speaker 2: No, that's a Gen X phone that's ringing. So thank you for listening to Serial Killers Andrew tell them what to do.
Speaker 1: Make sure you like and subscribe wherever you're listening to the podcast. Leave us a review. Heck, if you give us three stars, you know what, don't we like five stars? But we'll take anything at this point. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Can't give us seven stars, but thanks for the effort. So we'll see you on Monday. Have a great weekend, Amy, my wife, thank you very much for stopping by this episode. You're always a sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I love you. Guys.
Speaker 2: Ah had those grape nuts coming, you know? I bought you multiple boxes and they're all just sitting in the basement. Remember last time you were on with us. You love grape nuts five balls? Oh it's my favorite. Then you haven't eaten them in months.
Speaker 1: We have to start breaking those back out. It's summertime.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you. I don't understand, but I got it. Thanks for listening. Let's get out of here. So say it everyone, all right, I'm missing Governor Cuomo's briefing. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Good luck and God, bless God a lot to me. I got up at seven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: Wait what we recorded this at eleven. What did you get up at seven?
Speaker 1: Four? Because I thought this was going to be a video podcast, So wait, it.
Speaker 2: Took you four hours to put on makeup.
Speaker 1: I haven't put makeup on since March twelve.
Speaker 2: That's my wife.