Speaker 1: Carl would fucking lose his mind and fucking yell at Marcus.
Speaker 2: Fucking slowed down.
Speaker 3: We're not fucking running fifty leave.
Speaker 4: Down, Hey, get the mic clothes bro. Welcome to Busting with the Boys. We have an awesome guest on today, Max Crosby. Everybody, we finally got the boy to Nashville. We finally got the boy in Nashville after after how many letdowns are two?
Speaker 2: Three? I think two? Possibly? It was disappointing.
Speaker 4: I'll say I was hurt because I felt like we had a nice little friendship going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, uh, you know, a rough time. Yeah, you know I had to get right. You know, I'm here. I told you I'll be here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Let's h explain your voice because it's obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's all the time. No, I just had a little COVID bit so like a month ago, right, a month ago. Yeah, it was, uh, it's not all right. I was a little congested. I'm still I'm finally getting my my voice like back now.
Speaker 4: So oh wait, I haven't done this last couple of times. This podcast is presented by Barstool Sports. Shout out the boys of Barstool Sports. I always got to say that. If not, like, it's just it's a bit of a deal. I gotta make them clip in this thing. Oh this episode B with the Boys, the voice is brought presented by Barstool Sports. If I don't do that, we gotta say it. If we don't say it within the first couple of minutes, you know what I'm saying. So it's more of a bit of a deal for bloss back there. He gets a little angry with me, which is fair. It's meridian, but uh.
Speaker 5: He so COVID you had it last year though in training camp, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Technically I had it, but it was kind of my fault. So I went, how what do you that first two days of camp, feeling good, I'm back in football, finally back in the facility.
Speaker 2: Get a call at five point thirty in the morning and he's like, you tested positive.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. It's like, how are you feeling? Yeah, you have symptoms whatever. He's asked me a bunch of questions. I'm like, listen, bro, I don't have it.
Speaker 2: I feel good. I was like, I'm a little bit stuffed up.
Speaker 1: I have allergies around this time, but like I'm fine, He's like he's talking to me whatever. And then he's like, yeah, you know, technically, since you know you have allergies and you're stuffed up, that that's considered a symptoms, so you have to sit at home for ten days. This was greatest training camp started. So I'm like, I shouldn't even have said anything. I was just being honest.
Speaker 5: So yeah, oh so wait, did you test positive for it or not?
Speaker 1: I tested positive, but they never retested me and I never got sick because this was kind of the first wave when all the that was, when it was thing was kind of happenings like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was wrong. I got you, yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm got to get naughty with that thing. Yeah I know you get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you got a treat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true to right. You know what I'm saying, like, don't feel weird, there's nothing. Yeah, just grab that thing, get a little close to your mouth. But when, uh, what game was it? I want to say it was it was Green Bay. I Charro was feeling a little under the weather, but it was kind of like a mild headache and a very low fever. Like I'm talking like ninety nine and a half like, nothing serious. And I leave the house and she's like, you know, babe, I don't want to I don't want to worry you, but you know, I feeling like this, I would hate for blah blah blah blah blah. So I basically take a screenshot and send it to our head guy Todd, and he's like, we got to do the whole close contact thing with you.
Speaker 2: And so I just just sit there and isolated. I had to leave the facility. I had to go home.
Speaker 4: I felt nothing, and I knew in my mind, I'm like, there's nothing going on with her, you know what I'm saying, Like it wasn't like she had the symptoms of COVID.
Speaker 2: But you have to play. You got to play. You had to play it so safe. This year, it was like I.
Speaker 5: Had to write a separate plane.
Speaker 4: Even on the way back, I was like, I was like, uh, boys, we win this game, Like oh wait, no, it's Texans. It was a Texas because we did win. That's when we won the clinch the division. Because I was pissed. I had to isolate in the hotel room.
Speaker 1: I remember that that was when we all were kind of under a lot of ship. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, boys, we clinched the division, like I'm riding back with the fellas, Like I'm not riding by myself home. But uh, because that you sit there and do retest, which it seems like you didn't get the retest in training camp.
Speaker 1: No, I literally that was helpless. So you just chilled at home for ten days? Yeah, middle of the training camp.
Speaker 2: I came. I came back and it was halfway through training camp. Wasn't nice though? Wasn't mad? Was he mad? Like after the first couple of days, did you really lose there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't really lose like it would have been if you had COVID for real. But since you didn't you get out of training camp middle of training camp, we already had a shortened training camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. I mean I wasn't mad necessarily.
Speaker 1: It was just the fact I knew Rod Marinelli was gonna kill me when I came back, So that was what was lingering.
Speaker 2: In my head.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just city for ten days. I was like, I really can't do that much at home. So I'm like when I go back, I'm screwed. I'm gonna be dying, Like because the first two days, Marionelli was literally trying to kill us.
Speaker 5: But you talk about the legend of Marinelli, bro I've heard, I've heard stories.
Speaker 2: I love that man. I love him.
Speaker 5: I heard the old school.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a Vietnam veteran. He's straight from the book. Like this dude, he walks up no matter where you're at in the building, he just stirs the pot at all times.
Speaker 2: He'll come up.
Speaker 1: He just tries to motivate you in so many odd ways. But like it helps a ton because he just he loves the shit so much and he's been in it for so long. It's like you have to respect what he says. So like, yeah, matter how off the wall some ship, he's just like, I fuck it, Like I'll just do it.
Speaker 5: What's the most off the wall ship? You heard that's appropriate.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't know if there's anything a lot, but this is back to the COVID things, back to COVID. So I'm he calls me and he's like, you're fucking you need some of my blood.
Speaker 2: My bloods fuckings up with.
Speaker 1: All this ship. I'm like, you're probably not wrong. I fucking I would destroy that virus. That's fucking nothing. And I'm just like, I don't even know what the fuck to say. So he's just going on. I'm dying laughing, and he's like, he goes, that's what you need to do. He goes, go in your backyard. I know you got palm trees, you got all that. He does need to go in the fucking backyard, doesn't need to work our hand drills.
Speaker 2: And he's sending me all this ship. He was dead ass serious. He's sending you videos.
Speaker 1: He's sending me the drills, the name of the drills that I need to do on a fucking stiff palm tree. And I'm like, he's fucking men. And he calls me day in the middle meetings in front of Everybody's like Max, blah blah blah, this is what's on the palm trees. This is what I need to do today. This is what we went over, blah blah blah. And he's like, I need you to send me videos. I'm in a fucking I'm in my backyard, no no fucking shirt on, smacking doing handrels on a palm tree. And my hands were fucking literally had splinters in my hands. And I'm sending in the video and he's dead ass series. I did it the whole quarantine in my backyard.
Speaker 4: Now was he coaching you through these videos that you were sending him, He just like, you know, you gotta fucking strike here.
Speaker 1: Knowing him, he probably just fucking dying laughing because he just I would just send the videos.
Speaker 2: You go, great, way, that's it. He wouldn't even tell. He wasn't even too you know what a legend.
Speaker 1: He's a legend, bro, He's I've never been around someone like him.
Speaker 4: I heard heard. I heard he's tough on the on the field. Oh yeah, I'm talking like running ship conditioned.
Speaker 2: It's called edds Our everyday drills.
Speaker 1: We do him every single day and started training camp to the end of the season week seventeen, we're fucking first ten minutes, we're going like, yeah, flying through bags, get off, different from last year, change direction. Yeah, in a way, like Coach Buck was pretty tough on us too. But I feel like as the season went on, like you know, we kind of took the foot off the gas er and practice a little bit. But man Nell, he was just like he took care of us, so he didn't try to right necessarily kill us. But like that first ten minutes, we're fucking, we're getting you're working, Yeah, you're you're ready to go. Yeah, right off the bath. So that's that's hilarious. Yeah, he's the next level.
Speaker 5: How Uh, let's talk about the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Because the boys had it up and down year again. Yeah, you guys started off solid, similar to the year before.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was six and three. Huge, Yeah, huge win over the Chiefs too. And then it's like it's like the back half.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 5: Here, Hang on a second, my age is calling me, Neil, what's.
Speaker 2: Up, little content superstar? What's up? Boss? Just wanted to see.
Speaker 1: What you thought of TJ.
Speaker 2: Hockinson and how that Boston radio interview went.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm actually uh about to interview Max Crosby, but TJ.
Speaker 4: Hockinson was phenomenal. I didn't ask the question. I didn't ask the would you cat your dig off for a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I'm glad, thank god. I know I told people you're coachable. Uill beus Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he he was awesome. Were we're gonna have him on again?
Speaker 2: Good? So you're glad. I can't up on that. Oh absolutely, And Max Crosby is the kicker.
Speaker 5: No, no, he's a d N for the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Mason. You're thinking a Mason h okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm about to interview him, so I gotta get off, all right, I'll see you.
Speaker 2: So I're like, oh, yeah, fuck that kid, all about that guy? Fucking ale Hey.
Speaker 4: When he goes Max Crossby, I was like, oh, man, I hope you don't say.
Speaker 2: Some shit about what I'm saying. I was just ready. I'm like, oh, were what is he about to say?
Speaker 4: You know, I talked to Rob Marinelli and he told me that Meg is a fucking cow. Yeah yeah, Palm Tree game is weak, but talk about the ebbs and blows of the season.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It reminded me a lot of our time when we when you were there my rookie year, it was more promising, even you know, that was the fucking the hardest part about it was worth.
Speaker 2: Six and three.
Speaker 1: We've beaten the Chiefs, we've beaten the Saints, we beat the fucking Browns. We're beaten all top tier teams. So just our confidence level was like we couldn't do anything wrong, like we just fell in, practiced our confidence. It almost got to a point where like we were too fucking like we're like, oh, we got this ship. So it almost felt like and you could see it, like people started, you know, workouts, people are doing the same, you know, doing the same. Do you feel like guy's got more loose about it? Yeah, I feel I feel like so in in a way. And that's something we talked about, you know, after the season. It is like staying locked in from second you get in the training camp to the week seventeen, we're fucking dialed.
Speaker 2: And that's something that bothered me.
Speaker 1: And that's you know, it's it's tough, but yeah, you know it's tough, but you know, we have a ton of potential and if we're playing as a team and at our best, can beat anyone.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, I think it.
Speaker 4: I mean every team who's like playing well, they do feel theirself a little bit like I mean, everybody kind of goes through it a little bit. Yeah, because like rape, he always does such a good job, like when we win, Like when we're winning, you almost sit there and you're like, yo, do you even feel like we won? Because he's so like wants to humble you, wants to humble you about it, like stay the course, like stay, keep your blinders and blah blah blah, and you'll leave a meeting like does he know, Like we're like we're winning. But that's like that's the athlete in us, Like that's like you know, as the coaching in them to where they're trying to keep you levelheaded about it. But you know, messing with all every different type of person in the locker room.
Speaker 5: It's always it's always a little different, it is.
Speaker 1: And that's like I can see both sides, like and I get it. Being a coach, you're like, Okay, I don't want these fucking guys think they're you know, they've they've made it now, right because they whatever had a couple of good games.
Speaker 2: You won a couple of games, Like I get it. But as a.
Speaker 1: Player you're like, okay, like you feel good and like me personally, like I really care about every single game, like my individual performance. I know if I'm at my best, I'm gonna help my team win, Like I'm gonna give my team a better chance to win. So like I try to be as diued as I possibly can. And you can fall into that. The media, there's so much different shit going on. It's like you can fall into that trap. But you know that's why I feel like, you know, just as a team, we got to be locked in and like I feel like Gruden does a great job.
Speaker 2: Like he you know how Gruden is.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's just stuck on at twenty four to seven in the offseason, Like I'm there rehabbing every day. Now he's fucking he pulls me in. I'll be in the in the training room yesterday. It's like, Manx, come up here. I want you to fucking watch a little bit of film and they I got, I got some guys I want you to see, like little ship like that. Like he's locked in fucking all year round. So as a team, it's tough. There's so many personalities and there's so much shit going on that Like it's a tough job to really win at and fucking win a super Bowl. Bro, everyone's got to be fucking on the same page. Oh yeah, everyone, It's it's different.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like Tampa Bay won and they weren't even the best in their division coming going into the playoffs, you know what I mean, they were zero.
Speaker 2: And to against the Saints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got blown out, like they got blown out by the Chiefs. Tyreek Hill had like two fifty against him. He come, he goes in the Super Bowl, he didn't have he had like seventy yards. But it was like towards the right game.
Speaker 2: But r Bro, they I don't know what they do or what they did. But like, isn't.
Speaker 4: Dialed in at Isn't it insane? Like just Tom Brady just still doing it? And he just signed, like he just signed again. He just signed the day.
Speaker 1: God, it's unreal, bro, it really is unreal. This Yeah, yeah, my bad, Yeah I got you. Yeah, as we get to edit, so no, you're good. But yeah, no, it's uh, it's unbelievable tom Brady, Like this is ship he's done is It's unbelievable. And I just get to play against him. He's the only guy I've been like like, that's fucking Tom Brady. Yeah, like bro Field, Like before the game, I'm usually I try to get out there before everyone kind of just do my little stroll and my you know, my pregame little outfit.
Speaker 2: I fucking walk out.
Speaker 1: I'm in the opposite end zone in Vegas, in Vegas, and I fucking I see Brady walk out of the tunnel by himself. He's like around the fifty yard line. I'm like, it's fucking wild, Like I kind of look you want to say, like some top what up? But yeah, like after the game, like they fucking they smacked us, and it was it was a tough game. But like getting to talk to him after the game, I like I looked at him. I looked like I was looking at a guy. Yeah it's different, bro, Like I see my homes and I Drew Breeze and those guys like no disrespect to him, the fucking great players like something. It was just different, bro, it was like not a human. Yeah, it was different. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: We played against the Patriots. When I was watching and he pointed, He's like Jack's fifty one. I'm thinking, oh shit, that's me. Yeah, you know, like yeah, like I get you get mics like every game. You know what I'm saying, but like what's coming out is not oh shit, that's Tom Brady. He's fucking yeah, he's talking about me.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's different, bro. I don't know what it is with him, but he's just he's on disputed go. It's like being a basketball player. And you're going against Jordan, they're getting to meet him. It's like yeah, like that's the few to go play the game. It's a football for sure. Yeah, there's like all arguments. What do you think about the arguments when people are making he the greatest? Is he have the greatest resume of all time.
Speaker 2: As far as like like if you're.
Speaker 4: If you're measuring him up to like the goats of the other sports, like Jordans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you look at it. The first thing everyone says is your rings? How many rings you have? Yeah, he just passed Jordan's, so he's got seven. But the only thing with Brady that just makes it weird. It's like he's he's the greatest athlete of all time. That's what people say. He's an athletics that white dude. Yeah, so just like fuck.
Speaker 6: Like he's it's hard to say, Yeah, he's the greatest athlete of all time and he.
Speaker 1: Couldn't outrun my dog. Yeah right, he's a meeta. Yeah, Like that's why it's just weird. Like that's why I think I guess a little tricky, Like you can't really cross sports.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's too hard.
Speaker 4: He's like he gets real tricky, But what's impressive about it is he's won more championship Jordan in this in the team game that is football. Yeah, because football is like the most like you were saying it earlier, like you need everybody.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter how well you start.
Speaker 4: It's like you got to hit the stride going into playoffs and you have to be on your ship because there's only one game.
Speaker 2: There's no best of seven.
Speaker 4: You get one weekend between every game, like you're prepping for that one game.
Speaker 2: And it's just different, Like.
Speaker 4: You have fifty three guys on a roster and you're trying to get everybody drinking the same kool aid to go after and win a Super Bowl when anything can happen too. It's not like somebody can just take over. Yeah, I mean Tom can, but you know you need everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a receiver to run the right route and needs to catch it. He's got it. There's so much to it. But when you look at him, you don't win.
Speaker 1: Fucking seven super Bowls by coincidence. Yeah, that just doesn't happen by accident. Like he's it's his aura. I just feel like that's what it is about him. Like the team, Like when he came to the Buccaneers, they basically have the same roster, Like why is he at the Buccaneers there's seven to nine and like they're like, shit, Jamie super five thousand yards. Like, Bro, Brady came in and changed everything. They all bought in on Brady basically, right, you come in you have a guy that's that highly respected. It's that's it makes a difference. Bro, He's just yeah, especially when he's your quarterback running the show. It's like you don't want to disappoint him almost, That's what I feel like, Like, yeah, four Nette was on his shit like everybody was just clicking.
Speaker 4: It's got to be different too, Like when you're one of the players, Yeah and Tom's on your team. Yeah, and he you speaks on basically anything, You're just like, oh, that is that is fact. Whatever he's saying, you know what I mean, Like, how do you how do you think any differently?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, and debate him about like argue like you're just like it's time like you yeah, like we got to pick our shit up. Yeah, we got to pick our up.
Speaker 1: He knows how it looks, he knows how it's supposed to look in practice. He's yeah, it's just powerful, It really is, especially in football, there's too many moving pieces.
Speaker 2: Like you have a guy like that, It's makes it easier, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Year one to year two, What are some of your biggest what are the biggest differences going from year one to year two? What you learn because you were you're not a rookie anymore. Yeah, yeah, it was especially coming off the rookie year you had. You had what ten sacks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten sacks? I mean you were the big dog on campus. Yeah, a little bit, but it was. It was awesome. Like my whole experience from year one to year two are completely different. And like for me, I knew coming in, I'm a fourth round pick. I went to Eastern Michigan trash cool. Yeah, okay, relax, well you do beat Nebraska.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's take it easy.
Speaker 2: I'm serious. But anyway, we just going into that year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm coming from Eastern. I have a fourth round guy, I have no expectations. Like just for me, I'm like, okay, I'm gonna just come in. I got to just prove every single day that I've deserve to be on the team. Like I wasn't even guaranteed the spot, like that was a third string DM slotted in going into camp.
Speaker 4: And y'all, y'all drafted, y'all drafted top five, same spot exactly.
Speaker 1: So it was like, okay, Like I knew you would have a lot more pressure than me. And for me, it's like if I just come in, do my thing every day, do what I've done all the college, come in, I'll work people and just make plays.
Speaker 2: That's all I gotta do.
Speaker 1: And for me, my mindset never changed and it was the same thing. You know, I just had an opportunity. That's what it basically came down to. And you know, I got my opportunity and everything, you know, panned out well. But going into my second year, it was like, okay, now it's flipped like now, okay, boom, you had ten sacks of a rookie. Now everyone knows who you are. You're getting expectation, more expectations.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just a lot that goes with it.
Speaker 1: And for me, like I didn't go to a big school, so there's no social media outlet, it's like talking.
Speaker 2: About you all the time. It was just a little bit different. So like Eastern Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Eastern Michigan where yeah, in the middle of Ipsila. No one goes there for vacation, but that's trash. I'm giving a shout out to Ipsilanta because I love I love Eastern.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it I do. This episode of Busting with the Boys is brought to you by Chevy, the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. The Silverado is strong, advanced, dependable, hard working, gritty just like the people who drive them.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: The design is big, bold, in commanding, and this truck turns absolute heads boys and girls. Shout out the girls too, and partner with grit determination. Anything is possible with the Silverado and everything from tailgating, hauling, towing that new Boater RVR trailer. If you want to flex on somebody off, roading with the boys, moving day with your family, helping out a friend or family member, move couch, maybe road trips, all of it. The Silverado has your back. Go to a Chevy dealership near you, tell them that the boys sent you. Choose the most dependable truck out there, and that is the Chevy. The Chevy Silverado shut out the.
Speaker 1: Boys and it was just yeah, it was it was a tough year mentally for me. I would say, you know, early on, just trying to you know, battle, trying to meet expectations and deal with a lot of shit I had going on. So yeah, for just mentally was the hardest thing for me.
Speaker 2: But what was the hardest part mentally? Shit? Well, like when you're sitting here.
Speaker 4: Talking about like what's what's flashing in your head, like what are the things that were the hardest mentally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, for me, coming off my rookie year, I'm fucking it felt like nothing could go wrong for me, and just like I got lost in the sauce a little bit. And for me, I've always you know, been a person who loves the fucking party and I like to I was that kind.
Speaker 2: Of guy in college and growing up.
Speaker 1: So for me, shit, I always kind of it was kind of an issue for me, but I just was able to get through and shit like that. But once you know, you have your first NFL off season, you have four months off completely yeah, no rules, you know, no class you gotta be at. For me, I just you know, I was lost in a way.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're you're saying like you started to get after it and get in the deep end with when it comes to getting lost in the sauce parties.
Speaker 1: I was just partying, and you know, I just I was drinking way too much and got to a point where I was like, Okay, what the fuck am I doing? I woke up one morning, I'm like, I need help, Like I can't even. I was at a point where it was just it was I didn't I had no management in my life. I was fucking all over the place. So yeah, I went and got out. What happened that made you realize, like, oh, this is fucking bro. I was just I was lost. I was lost just mentally.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was so just my decision making and my fucking my priorities were so backwards that it was just like, okay, what am I doing? Like I just had a great rookie year. I fucking I have money to take care of myself. I have a beautiful house now in Vegas. Like from the outside, everything looked.
Speaker 4: Like you got it together, like figured.
Speaker 1: It out, if it's got life under control. But incidebro, I was fucking I was dying. Bro.
Speaker 2: I was lost.
Speaker 1: I was going through so much ship just dealing with you know, different just distractions and shit going on, and I was fucking just lost. So for me, I was like, I need help. I call my agent. I fucking like, what month?
Speaker 2: Year? This is a day? Ago is a year.
Speaker 1: I'm a year sober, So yeah, yesterday, Hey, let's fucking go man. Yeah. So uh yeah it was. It was big time. So for me, I'm I'm doing great. I'm fucking in the building every day, training my ass off, you know, I'm working the program.
Speaker 2: Doing everything I need to do.
Speaker 1: So like, just for me, I need I needed to get everything reeled in, and I knew I needed help.
Speaker 2: I wasn't at first.
Speaker 1: It's the hardest thing is just walking in the door accepting that you got a problem.
Speaker 2: And for me, that's the hardest thing. And you see people struggle with it.
Speaker 1: They go to fucking rehab eight times and they still can't you know, they can't deal with it.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on.
Speaker 1: So for me, it was just like, literally, this is what I need to do. I got sold, everything is going this way, but this is off the field. I'm fucking just diving off a cliff. So I just yeah, I fucking I talked to my team, I talked to my family, my friends, my girl. Fucking it was the hardest thing I ever had.
Speaker 2: To do every day and go to go to La get all my I just I had to go get right. So you went to rehab in March.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, bro, I was out there till yeah, March. I left April eleventh. I was there for thirty days, fucking in Hollywood and it was crazy, Bro. They fucking yeah. I had to I had to get my shit together. But it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I knew life now a year later, I can't even tell you. Just like for me, it's like I never was grew up religious and shit like that. So for me, it was I didn't know what it was, just like me figuring it out. And my family were all we're all in sports, and we just kind of figured out what we did and found our way. And for me, I was just lost, bro, and I needed to get back on track. And for me, I knew this is the one thing that's always been a crutch, like even in college, like I gotta I got a duy in college, I got in trouble. I tried to get sober, but I wasn't working any program. I was just fucking my coach.
Speaker 2: You know, he's more so just liear.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, I'm gonna switch it up, and yeah, well.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even that.
Speaker 1: It was like boom, I got in trouble and I got a duy. I'm like this, I'm going into my last year. I'm like, listen, coach, I can't be out two games. Like my second game, we're playing Purdue. It's a big ten game for Eastern. Like that's huge.
Speaker 2: I know it all out. I need to be on the field. This is like huge.
Speaker 1: I knew I was going to the going to the league that year, So I was like, coach, I'll fucking do anything, like you got to get me. I'll fucking I'll do community service, do whatever you need to do. So he's like, give me a couple of weeks. He had a plan for me and whatever. But I wasn't in AA, I wasn't working, you weren't actually fixing, white knuckling and road trying to just I was just staying sober. I will still go to parties and be in that environment sobers the motherfucker miserable And now like I can my girl can have wine and do her thing whatever. But like it's completely different. I'm working a program I have built in you know, fucking it's just a whole program that I really you gotta unfold everything that you've been through and going through it.
Speaker 2: And I know you have Waller on here and Bro.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you listened to that of course, of course.
Speaker 1: And Waller's me and Waller where we work with the same people and we're fucking this my guy, like Bro, that's awesome a ton. So it's it's awesome and it's literally a day by day thing. But it's like my life now off the field is going that way now instead of fucking that way. So football is football. I love football everything. I put everything into it. But if I don't have the off the field shit right and do that, I'm not gonna be to where I want to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me, like I fucking I want to be a Hall of Famer. And people think probably right now, they're probably like, damn, he's fucking arrogant.
Speaker 2: Whatever, that's how I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And nobody thought I would fucking go and have ten sacks of rookie.
Speaker 2: No one thought I'd get drafted.
Speaker 1: I left school a year early at Eastern and everybody told me, I'm fucking nuts, don't leave, You're gonna fucking go undrafted. But I said, no, I'm ready, and I fucking just better myself, went to the combine, did my thing. I've always better on myself. That's how I do things. So yeah, for me, this is another thing. It's like, Okay, this is another path. I had, something I had to figure out, and I've been fucking doing everything I can to to do it.
Speaker 2: And I'm a year sober.
Speaker 1: I can't like at the time last year, if you told me I'll be year sober today, fucking on the bus with you, I'll be like, it's fucking.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean, well it makes sense why like not that you're flaking And now I feel bad that I'm giving you shit for flaking because you know what I'm saying, and you're like, you never use you never know what people are going through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you never know, you really know, no idea. Yeah, not a lot of people knew.
Speaker 5: Because we're trying to navigate through the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: We can't remember, like we're trying to oh you know, I got deals, Like, yeah, I was I was doing that feeling man like feeling yourself finding like the funnest opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just trying to have as much fun as I could. But I was just lost, Like I was not happy deep down. It was fun in the moment, but I was just it got worse and worse, and I was like, Okay, if I could fucking do everything I've accomplished so far in my life, I can this. I'm a fucking attack this shit just the same way as I do everything. And that's what I've done. And it's been awesome, bro, Like I've fucking I've met so many, so many people. I've been in rooms I never thought I would be in, just like it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: But is this stuff you were dealing with in the season?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck yeah, Bro, I was. I was doing doing the whole deal. But I like, Bro, I was there was a couple of times that showed up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I'm asking because you're like, you went thirty years into the rehab and then like, what's thirty days?
Speaker 5: Not thirty years, not thirty days.
Speaker 4: But like but say yeah, and then you're talking, You're talking about you know, you were you were still in it in the season, Like what's the process that goes on after the thirty day thing. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm sure you're a d wall and you said you meet people and talk about like what's the process that you're continuing to work as you're going into the season and also in season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like I said, I got out April eleventh. Then after that, I was like, okay, like Mai rehab, Like this is like crazy to me. I'm like, we're you nervous? Yeah, fuck yeah a little bit because I just I didn't know it, like the thirty days I had that. It's not like you just think you hear the word rehab and ityone's like oh fuck, like what like you're crazy?
Speaker 2: Like people look at you like you're crazy.
Speaker 1: Before me, it's like I'm comfortable with my skin, so I don't give a fuck, Like I'm doing what I need to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so absolutely whatever.
Speaker 1: At first, I was a little freaked out, and once I got out, I was like, Okay, I did my re I did my thirty days. Like I'm trying to just go home and build my girl and the dogs and do thing I mean in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I but it was in Vegas. You know what I'm saying, like you're going to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like our you know, our front office people, and like all the people I was working with, like they're like, okay, next now you're gonna go to sober living.
Speaker 2: So it's basically like in a way, it's.
Speaker 1: Like getting out of jail and going to a halfway house like so as I was like I got out and I'm like, damn, I had to go fucking to another place and do this. And I was like whatever, I called my agent the first time, I'm like, fuck this, Yeah, yeah, for sure home Like fuck that, like the first like I did it, Man, I did it.
Speaker 2: I fucking did it. I need to go home.
Speaker 1: But I was at the end of the day I made it was the best decision I ever made, was staying there.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was in La all the way up into the training camp. Week before training camp. I ended up staying all the way April all the way to August, and it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I found a trainer out there, and I was it's basically sober living here in a house like eight guys and everybody it's the same shit. You reab whatever. Then you go to sober living and everybody they got. You go like a weight room outside and everyone like they're lifting, people are lifting and shit, and and you just chill, like you do your meetings and shit like once a couple times a week, and you.
Speaker 2: Do like your stuff that you're supposed to do. But it's basically just chilling.
Speaker 1: Like it was a nice house and in California, and like we just all hung out, like we became boys. And at first I was so against it. I'm like, fuck this bro, Like get me out of here. Like I'm trying to be with them. I'm trying to go home. And you know, it took a while. I was kind of just like in my own little for a minute. Yeah, but then like I you know, I started meeting, you know, talking a couple of the guys, and like everybody was super cool, and like I still talk to them, you know, to this day. It was a few guys, and like I got people that I was in rehab with that.
Speaker 2: I fucking still talk to right now.
Speaker 1: Like the relationships I made and like it's like fucking the biggest blessing I've ever had my life. And it's like the hardest thing I've ever had to overcome. And then that's why I like, I carry that shit on my sleeve. I talk about it because it's like somebody else is gonna need it, because like right now someone's going through the same shit I went through.
Speaker 2: And Waller.
Speaker 1: Having Waller in that locker room, he saw, he knew what was going on with me being sober, Like during the season, you probably didn't know, but like people knew I was partying fucking hard like during the season, but I was. You know, we're in the building six seven days a week, so like you can't really do it now.
Speaker 2: I do it, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So like I was able to keep my shit together, and but you hit that off season, you got all the time on your hands.
Speaker 2: It's just like yeah, because.
Speaker 5: There's no structure, like you said, there's no collar I need.
Speaker 1: I love structure, and I need structure. Like I love having a schedule. I fucking like right now, I'm five days a week, I'm at the facility, I'm lifting eight thirty in the morning, doing all my rehab. I literally go up and meet with our coaches all the time like during the week. Like I like having that because I don't need to just be sitting at home fucking ten hours a day playing video games. Like I come home around two o'clock, my girl's there, the dogs, We do our thing and like I got my meal prep on point. Like I'm just like that's how my brain needs to for me. It's like I need that schedule. I need that playing Okay, boom, I'm eating this time of the day. I'm I like having my ship planned out because for me, just our minds being a having that addictive personality.
Speaker 2: Oh, you need structure, bro, That's that's what I need.
Speaker 1: And it's life is a lot more fucking easy now and simple and I'm not looking over my shoulder worried about fuck what do I do to this person? What? Like now it's like, Okay, I get everything out. I fucking I've been talking to people that I've wronged, people that I've you know, had fucked up situations while I was, you know, going through what I was going through, and like just getting that shit out instead of holding it in. Like, bro, it's the best feeling in the world. And like people see that, they see what I'm doing for people. I'm fucking helping multiple people and reaching out and doing things like everything I can do because it's just it's that's what like drives me now. It's like not the fame and all that shit, Like it's cool. Everyone likes that, like everyone loves for sure, everyone does. And for me, I love football. I want to be the best, so I want to know that people know, you know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: That's how it is. But for me, like having all that shit off the field and doing the right things in life, that shit makes me makes me so much more comfortable in my skin. It's fucking it's crazy, dude.
Speaker 5: Good for you, man, Yeah, that's mean. I appreciate you sharing that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean I had no clue obviously, But and you never know who's watching either or listening right now, you know what I'm saying, Like somebody could be going through something thinking because everyone thinks everybody perception of like an NFL player or a professional athlete, like they have everything together.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, people don't get that everyone is a human being and they all have their own shit. Absolutely, bro. I I was in college, I thought people were going through issues and shit. When I came to the league, I'm like, damn right, there's some wild shit going on and people really don't.
Speaker 4: Know and we're all so masculine in alpha and we have a hard exterior, and you always want to seem like you have the right shit going.
Speaker 2: On exactly, no matter what's going on, you always got to.
Speaker 1: Put on that like I'm good, like I could fucking you know, I can handle anything, right. That's what a lot of people are scared of doing, is like fucking something that you know, people got issues going through shit and just like facing that ship out on and so.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was like Gary Vee or Rogan recently, but one of them made like the comment I was listening to some like YouTube inspirational thing and it was like, our insecurities are ours to own if we just own them, like if we just if we're vulnerable enough to just talk about them and own them and admit that, like we have these issues going on, then it just kind of liberates who you are because you're able to talk about it and just be like, you know, I mean, I'm a human.
Speaker 5: Everybody has their own shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Literally, Like my favorite quote of all time is like I heard a few here in a million times being in the program and shit. But it's like if you don't, if you've done nothing wrong in your life, then don't judge me. Like if you're perfect, then you can judge me.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, bro, every every fucking person in this room hast ship. You're just like fuss, I'll never tell any Yeah, bus my bad. Like everybody has that thing. He's like fuck oh no, I won't say, like.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, like college, I did some fucking crazy shit, like some ship you try to like you know what I mean, everybody has that. So like for anybody to judge me because I've done what I've done, fuck that, Like that's cool. Like if you want to hate out of me and do that, I'm fine. I'm happy with myself. I know what I'm doing, and I know I'm doing the right shit right.
Speaker 4: Right right right, you can say, and you're you're in your own like awareness about it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see everything so much more clear, and it's just like it's the best feeling, bro, And it's it took. It took a lot because I was the same person I was so like I really cared about my image and I was like I need to be known as like you know, hard ass like football player, blah blah blah. Like that's just how we are. Like, that's how are bro, it's our natural nature.
Speaker 4: But our insecurities only grow because you have to be a macho athlete all the time.
Speaker 1: All the time in public with your family, everyone looks at you like, oh shit, he's an NFL player, So you got everything. You got to act like everything's fucking together. But like, at the end of the day, bro, if you admit the ship, that's what's being a man. Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't people that try to put on a front and do all that shit, that ship unravels eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the end of the day. And shit, if I I have none to hide.
Speaker 1: It's just like for me, that feels good, like just absolutely able to talk to people and let people know what I went through because.
Speaker 4: It's gonna help me. Yeah, it's gonna help them who you don't know is paying attention. And it also like you put your own accountability in there too, because you're kind of, you know, saying it over and over and you're putting it out there and you're kind of giving yourself an accountability that you have to you know, continue to kind of stay on the path.
Speaker 2: One when did you and Waller first have a conversation about it?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm curious about, Like was there something you sat back and looked at with Waller and You're like, you know what I need to I need to fucking admit that I have something going on here and he's able to do it, and it kind of gives me, uh, I guess, courage to fucking you know, feel better. But I'm not saying it's him, but I'm saying no, it had to have felt good knowing that somebody like Waller's out.
Speaker 2: There talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you see, like so for me, like it wasn't me going like talking to Waller one on one.
Speaker 2: That's not how it necessarily happened.
Speaker 1: But I had, you know, our same people work with each other, so like we have you know, mentor sponsors, people were dialed in with all the time. So his people, like I, they worked with Waller. So then his guy kind of got what I was going through. And then Waller found out. So it was like, yeah, They're like just come to a meeting one night. And at first I'm like, fuck that shit. I'm not like I'm so nervous and like at first you're terrified. Like now like shit, we have we have our meetings every week and like it's the best fucking time. All the guys, all you know former you know, guys that have gone through the same shit, you know from different backgrounds and stuff. We just as me Waller and good group of guys. Bro Like we literally just it's an hour and we just talked and just talk about what you're going through and it's your story. Like the biggest thing is your story is gonna help. Like we just talked about that, but like just hearing like what Waller's going through, Like shit, he's sober, he used to over three years sober, but he's still a fucking human. He's gonna have problems and you're gonna have issues and shit come up.
Speaker 2: And that's what helps me.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, boom, he's been sober for three years, but shit he doesn't have everything together, right.
Speaker 2: I don't have everything together.
Speaker 1: I've been sober for a year, but I'm still learning and growing so much. So for like me, it's like there's fucking you see you hear from guys who are forty five years sober and they're still dealing with, you know this, fucking the littlest shit.
Speaker 2: That would bother that they know they are, Like what triggers, Yeah, like a triggered.
Speaker 1: Any little thing, like just family, wife, kids, Fucking there's so much shit too it to life in general. So like, dealing with all that sober is not easy, especially for someone who's an addict. Like that shit makes it even harder. Bro, Like, you got to think about it. Normal people they like, oh, I need to go go get a drink, like it was a long day, but they could just have their wine and go to bed. Like for us, it's different, bro, Like, I can't just have you know, just have a beer.
Speaker 2: You gotta get up.
Speaker 1: Oh what the first drink is the bro, first drink is the problem.
Speaker 2: It's not the same the team once that have the first beers open and I shild it's it's on, like.
Speaker 5: Frank to take once just touches your lift and.
Speaker 1: You never know where the fuck's gonna happen. Like that's just the reality of how it is. So I'm not afraid to say that, bro, Like, I've been through a lot of ship in my life, and this has definitely been the hardest one. That I've gone through, like just fucking going through it, bro, Like the first few months I was struggling hard. Oh yeah, I can only imagine. Like the first week you're like if it's like the biggest relief. It's like you're getaway, like okay, I'm out of this ship like my fresh star.
Speaker 2: Then like okay, a couple of weeks go by, like okay, now what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 1: In a month? A couple of months ago, I'm like this fucking sucks. And now but in the again, you're in Vegas. Yeah, that's the crazy part Vegas. Yeah, but like I'm in Henderson, fucking quiet neighborhood. So it's like it's it's cool, but it's like my point is like you're you just got to stay the course.
Speaker 2: It's one day at a time. You're never at the end. You're never at the end, bro. It doesn't matter if you're fifty five years in, if you fucking like both, if you started letting the hand off the wheel, kind of sitting back, doing kind of jumping over a little fucking you know, little obstacles and shit you're usually doing that, shit adds up and that could fucking that can lead to that drink.
Speaker 1: That's what it is for me. Bro, you gotta be fucking two hands on the wheel. I'm dialed in.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I wake up every morning, every night, I do the same thing, do my little you know, say my little prayer. I fucking have my meetings. I'm doing everything I need to do because that's what I need. And like I love it because it's a part of that structure. I love that structure. Like that's what makes me, you know, be successful. Right, So it helps a ton. It's just like it's life in general. It's not even just alcohol. It's like this, oh absolutely life, bro. Like a normal person who's going through it, they deals with depression.
Speaker 2: If you just sit in a room and talk.
Speaker 1: To people and have that conversation and open up about certain shit, it helps. It helps so much, Bro. It doesn't matter what's going on with you, so and talk about those insecurities. Oh fuck yeah, because that's all that shit buried up. That that shit builds up, and it's like that's where you just explode eventually.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean that it is too. Like that's like with life.
Speaker 1: Like if you like you're using an analogy, sitting back and get a little loose with the wheel because you you know, you have two hands on the wheel right now. And with anything like you start to get comfortable or feel yourself or think like you've made it, or you're at the end of something like literally it never ends, all right.
Speaker 5: Callan said it on the on the pod, like, be careful what you practice.
Speaker 4: You might get really good at it, or you might get really good at the wrong thing. Yeah, you start to let loose, You're starting to practice being lazy or doing this, or letting yourself, you know, get off track a little bit, and then all of a sudden you're in it.
Speaker 2: You're in that lane. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You it's literally all it takes a Habit isn't hard to you know, hard to grow. Oh yeah, you do it one time like, oh shit, and then I can I I could, you know, sleep in a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 1: I don't really need to hit all eight reps on a fucking reverse hyper, like I don't need to do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Ready, terminology, you lose it, he said, eight reps of the reverse hypers, getting them hamstrings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's just how it is, bro. It's like life in general. And that's what I'm that's the main thing for me. It's like football. It's the same ship. Every little detail in life, bro. If you're doesn't matter what it is, your family, taking care of your kids, every little thing. Yeah, all of all that, ship, Bro, you get to relaxed and comfortable. Ship's not gonna go well, it's.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, well good for you, man, Like, that's an awesome fucking story.
Speaker 2: I am. I did not know we were gonna go down that kind of you started going. I was like, oh, ship, Like, no, that's just I mean, but I do.
Speaker 1: I think it's a It says a lot about you growing in it because you're able to talk so openly about it. Like similar you know, we keep talking about d Wall but similar with him, he's just able to talk so freely about it. And like I, I haven't had to go through something like that, but just something as small as I've been doing premarial counseling with my fiance and even that stuff, it's like you start learning about what therapy is really like talking to a therapist or somebody that can help you get this emotions out of your basement that you didn't even know you had.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like you're sitting there talking.
Speaker 4: I'm talking one time because we were talking about living in different places, and I'm talking about how I like living in Nashville, and she wants to live around like, you know, the beach or nature or something like that, somewhere that's not around people that I already know. And you're sitting there talking about it, and you start to realize, like, oh, I've just been comfortable moving around because I'm always going to my next city, to a next football team. Because she's like, well, when you moved to Nashville, you didn't nobody in Nashville. But in my head, I'm like, but I knew I was going to a locker room, like I knew I was going around people that I knew. So anytime I've had to move from Nebraska to DC to Oakland and Nashville, like, I always know, I'm going in an environment that I recognize. So that fear of not wanting to live somewhere where she's talking about living because she's not in the bubble that we'rer in my whole life Like that's where my fear comes from. And you sit there and you talk about your transition with football, how do you feel about your train like not playing football anymore will And I'm like, you know, I'm not like too nervous about her. It's scared about it because i feel like I've built I've prepared myself for this transition with busting with the boys and being like, you know, an advocate for doing things off the field that keeps my mind where I just.
Speaker 1: Don't identify as a football player. So I'm like, you know, I'm not too nervous about it.
Speaker 4: And she's like, you sit there and you talk about your life with and she's like, no, like you're scared, like you're sad, like you fear it, and I'm like, I'm like, I mean, she's like, listen, you don't have to be macho, like just talk about why you might fear it. And you're sitting there talking and you're going around and you're like as a kid going from little league to high school and just the next segment was paid for you or paved the way, was paved, paved the way, whatever you want to say, but you just go from locker room to the locker room and you're just always for thirty one years, it's just been my yeah, thirty years, right, it's already installed with the next move is going to be for me sort of like there's some unknown, but I know I'm playing ball and just being on the other side. She's like, no, like that is hard, Like that is tough, Like you don't have to act like it's not tough.
Speaker 2: And you're sitting there. She's like, you know, pick a word on the table, you pick a word from that sheet.
Speaker 4: Thing that everybody knows about. You said, you pick a word stuff. She's like, talk about it, and you're just sitting there. You're like, I I've kind of thought I already did talk about it. Like they're like, no, like you elaborate more, like what do you think it is that you're fearing?
Speaker 2: And you go on and on and the next thing you know, you're crying. You got tears coming.
Speaker 4: Out of your eyes and you don't know why. And I'm uncomfortable with big emotions. So I'm like, you know, I'm sitting there trying to use humor to get out of this conversation, you know what I'm saying. And you got to sit there and live in this world, in this basement of your your vulnerabilities that you didn't even know you had or have words to even come up with it, and like, you know, I've been in tears like five out of the seven appointments and you just don't know why. But I know at the end of it, I like love it. Feel amazing, dude, I feel amazing. You sit there, you know, you're like wiping your eyes and stuff. You get out with your girl and you're like, you know, this is awesome. You just have an awareness about like that you're learning with yourself that you're just like now I see, like you see that side of it where people talk about therapy, whether it's they're going through an addiction or just going to regular therapy or just they're battling things where you just go and talk with somebody, Like I do think there's there's something to it. I love it, Like I just absolutely love it. Shout out Sagegi by the way, because they're the ones. They're the that's the spot I go to in Nashville. But you're talking about all that stuff, and I dig it because I'm sitting here and you're saying things that you were once very uncomfortable talking about like you did. Like you you've told me, You're like, you know, you didn't want people to know, and now you're able to talk about it and you just kind of feel liberated about it. And it's like you're You're coming up with these things in therapy that I've realized that I've had in the basement, and you just feel so much better actually talking about it and owning these insecurities that you actually have.
Speaker 2: It's the fear of the unknown, bro.
Speaker 1: It's like every like you said, everything in life, the fear of going in just walking in the door.
Speaker 2: It's just like me getting sober.
Speaker 1: It's like the fear of the unknowns, Like, Okay, you have a million things going through your head. How the fucking I lives over? How can I not party? How after a game on a plane, how am I not gonna want to drink a beer with the guys?
Speaker 2: How? Like a million things you're going through your head.
Speaker 1: But you'll never figure the shit out unless you walk through that door and actually like.
Speaker 4: And you're like, do I actually like I know I'm going in to gets over, but do I actually want to get you?
Speaker 2: Just all these.
Speaker 1: Conversations, it's just like you with the wife and all that. Bro, I've had to deal with it, my my girl. We fucking we've gone through all that. Like I've been with my girl since college, Like we've had our ups and downs. You've seen it all, bro, So it's like and.
Speaker 4: You got to get some stuff out that you're like nervous to talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Bro, we couldn't even have the normal conversation.
Speaker 1: But you have someone that's you know, not that doesn't have a motive or an objective behind like just narrating basically laying out the floor for you and your girl or whoever.
Speaker 2: It is just yourself right, Like it's you.
Speaker 1: Just you talk to you and talk to your girl, and you'll be like damn, like why the fuck did we just talk about this before?
Speaker 2: Like this is so simple?
Speaker 1: Yea, this shit like we've been stressing about for a fucking year, right, all we had to do is have one conversation.
Speaker 2: But like that's life, bro.
Speaker 1: Everything I feel like that shit always ties to it, ties to everything, bro, just being just like the fear of the unknown like stops a lot of people from doing what they really want to do with their life. Like for me, that's why the sobriety, Like back to it. I know I've talking about It's the same thing, bro, Like the fear of the unknown. When I was leaving in college, Bro, my coaches, my decordinating, all them, They're blowing my phone up, bro for days and like, and I don't blame them, because it was tough. Like they didn't really know I was leaving. I told my coach right before the bowl game, my head coach. I told them, coach, I'm I'm really I think I'm leaving. I think I'm gonna declare whatever, go out to the Phoenix. I got everything set up. I already knew who I wanted as my agent and shit, and you know, we got that all dial But it was just like that fear of the unknown. It's like you're terrified, like, oh, fuck, Like what if I leave school right now and like I go undrafted fucking doesn't go this way, blah blah blah blah. And then like I just what if I just went back to school and didn't do it, Like I don't even know where I'll be right now. Yeah, Like, but just fucking getting in that doorbell, taking this leap of faith is like that's the number one thing, Bro.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest thing.
Speaker 4: That's the hardest thing is just choosing to take action. Fuck it, Bro, just saying fuck it. And it's funny. You're like you're talking about you and your girl, and it's like you just needed that third party person to sit there and kind of lay it out. Because the way I explained it, like doing the premieritial counseling, is like you have all these things that you wish you could kind of have those conversations about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anytime it.
Speaker 4: Does so like for instance, say Charles comes home and I haven't cleaned up something, and she's like, I know in her mind she's doing the best way to be Hey, babe, you know, do you think you can clean this up? Or would you like me to clean this up? Or I know you said you're going to clean up, but you would you like me to go ahead and do it for you? And in my mind I know she's even though she's doing it in a very extremely nice way, I know she has in my mind an angle about it. Or something usually happens for you to have a conversation, so somebody's guard is usually up going into any convers you're just gonna.
Speaker 2: Sit there and watch TV.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's talk about you know, when you didn't do laundry a few weeks ago, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're usually your guard's usually up.
Speaker 4: About something, or something usually happens to make you talk about it. We're going to primoral counseling or therapy with somebody. You're sitting there taking these personality tests and you're doing all these things, and they're bringing up conversations for you, and you're kind of like, oh, yeah, this is a good thing to talk about, and then you dive in and you're reaching back and stuff in your childhood, your history that you didn't even know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, but it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Man, A huge advocate, huge advocate for the premoral counseling.
Speaker 5: We're going to continue to do it. But therapy in general, I mean, and it's cool.
Speaker 4: Too because we've had better help as a as a sponsor, which has been awesome. This episode of Bustle with the Voye is also brought to you by Dynamism Lab, specifically Man the Fuck Up. Man the Fuck Up is dedicated to helping you keep your man card current and active. While Father Time is trying to constantly kick you in the balls, The Fuck Up helps you fight back. Their all natural, highly effective supplements are designed to work with your body to provide results. Man the Fuck Up is more than a brand, It's a movement. There's no hiding the fact that guys nowadays need a Man the fuck Up. Quit bitching, stop pointing fingers, and Man the fuck Up. The only thing scarier than Spootober is your boy thinking he's going to the pregame with a patchy flavor saver. Boys don't let their boys go out looking like Patchie mcpatterson.
Speaker 5: Get ultimate beard growth and Man the fuck Up.
Speaker 4: You also don't want to be a Jordan crying meme face because your girl left you for a beard that is longer than Coach Frabel's text to will I fucking love that, then Coach Rabel's text to me that that's a good little point. The ultimate disguise to the rookie starter pack is a big old man beard, and with Man the Fuck Up, you can get just that. Save twenty percent now by going to Man tf upnow dot com slash Bustin' are use code barstool twenty on Amazon. That is m A N T f U P n O W dot com slash busting or use code barstool twenty on Amazon. Shout out the boys at Man the Fuck up, but let's shift gears may Yeah, we mean, let's get let's give it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 4: Playing with Marcus Marcus Mariota, yes, somebody. He came from Tennessee. He goes over to the Raiders. I know he's an offensive guy. Yeah, what was it like having having Marcus, having a fellow boy from the Titans over.
Speaker 1: Over on the Raiders. I know he's quiet, So you might not even have a whole lot, see I do. And this is I'm happy you ask. Like, so when I first got you know, we got back in the building and went, you're any camp and stuff. One is you know, part of my routines and my structures. I have to go in the hot tub and cold tub after every practice no matter what, or I don't, I can't sleep at night.
Speaker 5: So I literally what a life has full life to live?
Speaker 1: Bro? Like if I'm not if I if I don't get in the colto after practice and like something goes wrong the next day, I'm like, I'm like, that's why my fucking legs aren't where they need to be.
Speaker 2: I'm fucking crazy like that.
Speaker 1: You guys know me now, But that's just how so I'm in the hot tub shilling after a day of practice, and fucking Marcus was always you would always be in there with me. It was just me and him, and I got to meet him and got to talk to him, and he's super cool.
Speaker 2: He's one of the most humble dude. He's so genuine good dude. Bro.
Speaker 1: I fucking love Marcus and his girl now fiance. I believe she played soccer at Oregon and my girl played at Eastern Michigan with me when we.
Speaker 2: Were at school. She was I see both of you. Yeah, so you know, the genetics are very strong.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so she met, you know, me and Marcus met each other, and then Rachel and Marcus's fiance they met each other and they started playing like rec league basically soccer, just the same guysy and stuff, and they became, you know, good friends and everything like that. So me and Marcus this offseason, we're gonna sometime soon we're gonna go, yeah, you know or something and have dinner. And but yeah, he's just a he's a really good dude. And I don't like practicing against him at all because he was playing scout quarterback and he's fucking flying around the field and it like it helped a lot, just cardio wise, Like, you know, you gotta chase this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: He's running, he's trying to get his in. You know he's not. He's going all out.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I respected it, and I'm in practice we will get irritating a little bit, but I knew I had to run. Fucking Carl Nasa big shout out to Carl, this is my guy, bro.
Speaker 2: He would lose his mind in practice.
Speaker 1: It was like week sixteen, like week fifteen, late in the year, and Marcus is still scrambling, juking, running fifty hours on the field, and Carl he's you know, he's a bad He's been to leave us six years now. He's other big white defensive end. Carl would fucking lose his mind and fucking yell at Marcus like.
Speaker 2: Fucking slowed down.
Speaker 3: I'm not fucking running fifty I'm like, Carl, it's okay.
Speaker 6: Like after it would be over, He's like he's like we're playing Drew, but like he would lose a ship. I'm like, Carl, just breathe, baby, come on, we're good. We gotta get it in and he's like be like nah, like he would be happy. You know, we had to go through it, but in the moment, he would absolutely Bro, he lost.
Speaker 5: His ship, especially legs you're a little heavy.
Speaker 1: Carl is a character, Bro. He would fucking go just something the little ship would he would just it would just set him off. Bro, we would fucking die.
Speaker 5: Staying on quarterback Derek Carr is everybody.
Speaker 4: Aware of all the bullshit he and he endures in the media, social and all that.
Speaker 1: Ship Dude, Yeah, well it's it would be impossible unless you literally have no social media.
Speaker 2: Is that not some craziest thing?
Speaker 1: Bro? He trends like every other day. It's unbelievable because he's fucking good.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: He had his best season, his best season of his career, and you look at every number, every stat whatever, and people still look for a reason to try to shoot on him. And it, like, for me, it bothered me because I know Derek. I me and Derek have an awesome relationship and he's like the one guy. If everyone just knew him and had a conversation with no question, you would feel like a piece of garbage trying to downgrade him. So he's some fucking the dude's in the building every day. Five o'clock first due in the building. He fucking the dude is dialed twenty four to seven and he's a quarterback.
Speaker 2: So you know he's busy. But he literally not.
Speaker 4: A time goes by where he doesn't text back. You know what I'm saying, Like he's the most genuine dude.
Speaker 1: Yes, goes out of his way and he just he's a great dude, and his place speaks for itself. You look at our season. We went eight and eight. Our defense was not good. It's a fact. It sucks, and I was a part of it. I could be better home.
Speaker 4: You guys shoulder some of that, like the heat he takes. You're like, man, if we just fucking played better. But you look at our offense. We're ranked top ten. We averaged twenty eight points a game. We should not be a name. Yeah, that's not on Derek Carr. Derek Carr is bawling.
Speaker 2: Fucking hurdling in mid air and trying to get a first down.
Speaker 1: Like I respect the ship out of that. There's nothing I can say bad about him. The dude is awesome, and it is annoying, Like people love for some reason.
Speaker 5: He's like whatever, guy, I know, they just.
Speaker 1: Go after like there's always trade rumors, there's always like yo, were bringing them back? Like it's just I don't know. I don't know where it comes from, but it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It might be them eyelashes he's got he's got them eyelashes. That makes you kind of like, what's this fucking guy about? You know what I'm saying. I mean maybe no, yeah, but what this family played in the NFL, Like yeah, like I don't I feel you on that.
Speaker 2: That was just kind of before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true, that is true.
Speaker 2: But I mean he's he's like, Derek's a baller dude. He's been to three Pro Bowls.
Speaker 4: Is it's wild to me because you see something probably every other day. It's hilarious and I just don't I don't know. It's it's fascinating, especially when the d struggled.
Speaker 2: The defense we struggled heavily. We would do coaching changes.
Speaker 4: You did I did a little I did a little segment on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we had a you know, new coach.
Speaker 1: We had a bunch of new pieces that came in no offseason. Every level, we had new guys playing that have never played together. Communication, wise was not where it needed to be. Leadership wise wasn't where it needed to be. And I take responsibility. That's something I definitely am gonna work towards and being a better leader and more vocal. But like, yeah, we just weren't on the same page, Bro at all, and it was tough. I felt it's just like this is the worst thing, Like you could lose a game whatever, a tough game. You like you're back and forth, but it's like everyone knows this is a fucking elephan in the room. Like the defense is struggling that ship that bothers the ship out of me, Bro, I can't lie, Like, yeah, it was rough, but yeah, they try to use DC as like a scapegoad for every issue. I'm like, he's the one dude on the team that you don't have to worry about like DC, oh, no question, Like that's it's it's crazy, Bro. I feel like Stafford was similar to Stafford, like in Detroit, he had to go through all that ship, but like everyone knows Stafford's a baller Broster Like, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah I had to I talked about PG on one episode. Yeah, I know, did you hear it did you listen to PG called? PG called after that segment, and I was nervous.
Speaker 1: I was definitely nervous about it because I'm like, he called, Yeah, he called, you know, give me Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, hey, COM's PG. Give me a call back when you get this. I'm like, oh man, he's calling about that episode. Yeah, and the the the person inside me did not want to call him back. But I'm thinking to myself, like, Okay, if I'm going to talk, if I'm going to talk about him and I'm going to talk about that issue on the pod, then I need to be I need to have the stones to call him back and talk to him. And so you know, he we had we hit. We had a productive conversation.
Speaker 1: But uh but yeah, he wasn't he wasn't a big fan and rightfully, so like it's fair and it's not.
Speaker 5: It's never on just one guy at all. It's not on one.
Speaker 1: Guy that goes into it, bro especially in the NFL, Like there's a lot of a lot of things that go on, and like, yeah, no, I don't I don't blame him for being mad. I don't blame yeah, yeah, for sure, I know you like just it's another thing. It's like the pride thing is, pride is everything and at the end of the day, and like I get it, Like I'm me personally. I have my relationship with him, never had a problem with him. Dude is always good to me. Yeah, so like yeah, like you know, everybody has their own opinion, and it's like that's a that's fine.
Speaker 2: Like you don't have to agree with everybody, that's for sure. For sure. It's like yeah, yeah, yeah, like I get into everything. It's just this is what it is. But yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a conversation. Was it was awkward, it was tough, for sure. I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I didn't puss out by calling back broad Yeah, I'm glad I did it. And you know, it was it was fair that he didn't like he didn't like it, but again, like you're just talking about your own player perspective of everything. He's like, look, I can't help I couldn't get you back to Vegas. I'm like, bro, I promise it had nothing to do with that because I was close to coming. I was close to coming that uh and fortunately the boys, the Titans offer what do you say.
Speaker 2: I was close to close.
Speaker 4: I was close to climax. But yeah, man, you know it's it suck because I did want to go. I did want to go play for the Raiders again, but it was like you couldn't not you know, having a home here and everything else and playing for the Titans.
Speaker 1: Like I don't blame you. You saw the jersey swap. Yeah, when I was on the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Not only did you, but it was it was an awkward room because I was like last coming in the locker room, and then it was kind of awkward the next day, Like it ain't like it rich.
Speaker 1: She's like a motherfucker, dude, I know I taking pictures.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, dude, I know.
Speaker 4: Like I struggled with that, but like also I knew it was just in the moment, Like I knew it was just anger and emotion. Like in the moment, I was trying to like be outside of that and like, look, I know him on the back end. These moments don't just happen, Like you don't just play in the NFL forever. Like this is a game that I don't even remember what the score was now, but like it's gonna be an afterthought, like this moment, I just did it, but I knew. I knew I was gonna have some like looks, some side ice from it, rightfully, so like it was merited.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like I got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like you're gonna bust my balls. But people you like just do it.
Speaker 1: To piss off and just because he was like oh boys, yeah, I'm like you fake motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I knew that would flock to it. Oh I know, yeah, but yeah I get it.
Speaker 1: Bro. It's like me, I'm playing what if I played ten years of the Raiders or whatever? And then I go somewhere else and I come back and like, I know all the coach, I know people on the team, they probably do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I don't blame him, Yeah, Rich Cherty, I love Rich. I respect this ship out of coach Rich.
Speaker 2: Fucking guy Masachia. No I I I written cover that. No, no, no, no, I actually.
Speaker 4: Do though, Like I fuck with Rich Like he's a he's a. He's a he's a he's a good leader. He's a fucking leader amongst men, wrong fucking leader.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal speeches too.
Speaker 1: He's a realist, bro. He will tell you exactly how it is. And he's another dude that when I was going through what I was going through, that was one motherfucker that I would face high me all the time. Just see I didn't want to see your face. Man, that's fucking awesome. Yeah, he's a fucking real one.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I go and see him all the time. I just go in his office and the ship. Yeah, he's a good fucking dude. No, he's fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: When I wrote that undrafted blog or whatever, he's like, Hey, I fucking love this and stuff, and you just he's just dope. If you are around him, you know what I'm talking about. He's just fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: He's different, bro. Yeah, he's a different animal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Shout out Georgia Boot, the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia Butt is America's hardest working boot, and for eighty years, Georgia have been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough for enough for your job, and cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking, at super comfortable boots so comfortable you never want to take them off. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing any of the comfort. It has comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed into a phenomenal looking boot. Boots so great looking, they're wildly comfortable at a price that you can afford. Every time I'm wearing these boots, the boys are asking where I get them? Max, He texts me all the time, will comp Where do you get your boots?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: They look phenomenal? And I always tell him every.
Speaker 4: Georgia boot, whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house or grilling out with your boys, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges and loggers around. And whether you need a waterproof boot, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, met guard, non puncture shank, non slip soul, they've got it all. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting that's b U S s I N for twenty percent off from the boys to you at georgiaboot dot com. All right right now, the new NFL salary cap the it's been like, what everybody's going on?
Speaker 2: What massacre Week?
Speaker 4: I think Pat McAfee show credit to Pat McAfee show calling it massacre week, but dudes have been getting cut. Guys who had big deals, they might be getting longer in the tooth. Guys are getting cut, deals are getting restructured. You're seeing these new deals like Levante he signed my boy Levonte David, he just signed a baby two years twenty five twenty guaranteed seventeen and a half that signing. But so instead of, like I want to say, it's like the signing bonus that they might be spreading. Instead of spreading it out over two years, he signed for like five years, right, three voidable years, So they're able to spread that signing bonus out for like five years. Like teams are getting savvy and creative. Yeah, but it's been a uh it's been a crazy week. How do you feel about, uh, the Chiefs because they're in the division letting go of both of their both of their tackles.
Speaker 5: What did you think when you saw that come across the ticker?
Speaker 2: Well, it's honestly, it definitely surprised me, like everything.
Speaker 1: It was funny. I woke up, I woke him in the morning, and I had so many people fucking doing like different memes and shit. They're like Max Crosby when he wakes up this morning, blah blah blah. It's like these crazy ass memes and I'm like, what the fuck? But yeah, like I don't know, bro, it's tough. Like Eric Fisher tore his achilles, Like that's the fuck. That's tough. Like oh yeah, So it's like, yeah, like I don't know. To put the team in a hard spot, it puts the player in a hard spot. And like Mitchell Schwartz is, he's been dealing with a lot of bad like back problems and he's had issues too, So I don't know if they're gonna bring the guys back. But like I played the Chiefs this year. The first time I played, they were both playing, and the second time, I think Schwartz was out. Yeah, so Schwartz was out and Fisher was a little bit banged up, so like, yeah, you saw what happened, Like, yeah, was struggling, bro, they and.
Speaker 2: Now they just let go both them started out. So obviously you know they have a plan. They're not domb Yeah, they're not gonna not do We're gonna revamp and get some guys for sure. So I peel.
Speaker 4: I saw one funny when it was like mahomes because you know, he was trying to put the team on his back in the Super Bowl, but he's like throwing the ball laterally, and they're like, you know, fuck it, Like we'll put it all on Patch Mahomes. Like yeah, we saw him, you know, get rid of the whole line, crypt clear up the cast pace and just let Pat Mahomes do his thing. But that stuff's wild. And then Dak he signs a huge deal with the Cowboys. Uh, Jerry Jones ponies up and pays him, and some people were saying that that could be tipping off.
Speaker 2: The TV money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw something where it's like he could be tipping off what the TV deals might look.
Speaker 2: Like between the NFL. Uh. But I mean it's it's been a wild off season already and honestly hasn't even started because for agency opens up next week. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I look, you love this time of the year, just like seeing all the ship as a kid, and like in high school and shit, I was so fucking into like, all right, who's signing here? But yeah, I grew up a fucking diehard Lions fan. Ironically, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: But you grew up a diehard Lions fan.
Speaker 1: I lived in Michigan all was ten and I moved to Texas and went to middle school, high school.
Speaker 2: O day.
Speaker 1: So I've bro was a big Lions fan. So I was always locked in on free agency. Like now, like being in the league is I go ship? Now you really know what's going on and like it's interesting. It's scary, but yeah, I kind of like it's it's entertaining for sure.
Speaker 5: All Right, Has there anybody that's gotten the acts from the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We uh oh I saw Trent Brown. You guys dealt Trent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we cut three of our starting alignment. Damn got Ritchie and we cut Trent no Way? Yeah fuck man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if people are coming back like some maybe.
Speaker 5: You guys got you guys got some big free agents up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bro, it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting. I don't know. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Bros do something every day. Yeah, like he's up, Nick morro elly Yeah, Aglaura had a fucking amazing season. I don't know what it's gonna have with Jonathan Hankins, my boy, big Hank. Yeah me, it's a free agent. I don't know what they're go You know. Uh, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Bro Mayak and Grudener in the lab.
Speaker 1: Dude, you know they're in the lab, bro may I I know Mayok is in there like he's having like eighteen hour days or something ridiculous.
Speaker 2: He seems like he just loves the ship.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've had a conversation with him. He's like, it's my dream job. I worked the NFL that way.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 1: I just studied players twenty four to seven. They they came with this opportunity, and now I really get to do it. Like this is what I've always wanted to be. Like Boom, Now he's a fucking real NFL GM and like that dude.
Speaker 2: Knows football like no other inside out, inside out. Brow and Gruden's the same way. I love as Tate too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tape, you gotta watch the tape and fucking he's so serious about everything. But I love Mayoc though, and Gruden that fucking brother dialed.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna see him next week? Oh yeah, I see them all the time in the work. You know what I'm saying, got this guy? Well come hey.
Speaker 1: Remember hey, remember something goes you know left you got them? Yeah, you know you got well yeah growing up. You mentioned playing ball in Texas? Yeah, oh yeah, what was it like playing high school football in Texas? Were you were you actually in it? Like where you where'd you actually play at? Like what it is? So I played at college Ohritage, we played Trinity play South like Carrol.
Speaker 2: Some of the best teams in the country. Bro.
Speaker 1: Like our our division my senior year was one of the highest ranked like conferences in the country. Like there was dudes, like I I was telling you on the way here. Like we played played Cedar Hill in the first round of the playoffs the Cowboys Stadium. They had like fifteen to twenty Division one players. Like in my school we were six A. So we're the highest of the high ranking. So we of our school, like we were the one school that didn't have crazy talent, because a lot of those schools of South Lay Carroll's they have like six thousand kids, like Allen's thirty minutes down the road where Kyler Murray went. Yeah, oh, they have like fucking it's like a college campus. It's unbelievable. So like us, we were just below. We were just at the limit where we had enough kids where we could be six A. But once I left, we went down like we lost a couple hundred kids and we went down to five A. So like my last two years, like high school, like we were bro. Every game was a war, like in the environment, like we have fifteen thousand in our in our high school and we have big ass stadiums, Like our stadium was sick.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're playing Texas football. We're playing real like every every week. Bro.
Speaker 1: I played like there was a stretch during that season we played like ten was ten games. In high school, I played like six weeks in a row of Division One Power five tackles. It was my first year playing d n B. I was a linebacker my whole life and just hit a girl spur and they're like I was six or five and goofy and fucking awkward.
Speaker 2: They're like yeah, and we got new coaches and everything, and I'm like all.
Speaker 1: Right, like hey man, you run like a giraffe. You cannot play linebacker anymore.
Speaker 2: Move them up.
Speaker 1: They're like, put them on the line. So I played DM BRO I was playing played against Alabama. An Alabama kid, fucking Connor Williams. He was a starting tackle for Coppell and he's like he's a starting guard for the Cowboys. Now there's fucking every fucking week, bro, kids at a big school, Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: It was like, this was my first year playing.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to not in Missouri my thing, bro, Hey, not in Missouri.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I was. I was able to do my thing. I was making I was, I was making plays. But like it was real football, Like this ship was fucking life, like the parents are, bro. The tailgates were fucking insane. The whole parking lot. Everybody's at the game, bro, every Friday night. It was like fucking party.
Speaker 2: Bro. It was nuts. Like I loved it. Oh, it was unreal. Yeah, not Missouri.
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting here listening to him, like, man, it's like, damn, Missouri wasn't shit.
Speaker 1: You went to fuck in Nebraska, you have that's true. Yeah, he went to Eastern Chigan. We literally had fifteen thousand, twenty thousand other games maybe at college games.
Speaker 4: Did you see the shit going on with Nebraska? No talking about I'm trying to not play ou.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's money. I'm not listening. Scott Frost and the boy Yeah, Scott Frost and the Boys anytime anywhere, he said it. You know what I'm saying, anytime we might lose. You know what I'm saying, the probability is higher based on though we've been performing. But the boys, they ain't backing down from Oklahoma. It's the suits. There's some shit going on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you right now they lose by thirty.
Speaker 2: You're gonna give me a thirty points. Friend, you're gonna give me thirty.
Speaker 1: Thirty points Nebraska verus OU thirty five, Give me thirty four, give me thirty four board, Okay, thirty four relat twenty eight, I'll do thirty a thirty Yeah, saw it here.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be bad. You see his sigh.
Speaker 4: No, I love him, No, dude, And it's gonna be I think it's gonna be at Lincoln. But some's gonna get figured out. Somebody from the OU side leak something because they're not getting their way in some negotiation. You know what I'm saying. Like it's it's involved inside four walls that have nothing to do with the guys on the field, nothing to do with the coaches. Those boys in Nebraska are ready to go anytime anywhere. Scott Frost said, it and again you might get your ship pushed in, but we ain't backing down.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Wait, I have a question. Did you play with Malik?
Speaker 4: Uh No, he he just got there when I left. But I know Malik. I know he's a He's an awesome dude.
Speaker 2: That's that's my dude. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I get to watch him on uh I see him on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a grinder. Looks like a grinder out there with that dude des all the handshit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Moli can fucking hit some bags.
Speaker 1: He said, fucking hits. He makes the drills look like. He was a hell of a player at Nebraska. He was single digit, wasn't it. Yeah, he was number seven. You see a single digit the lineman with a fucking gut, You're like, oh, he's fucking Yeah.
Speaker 4: He had some sauce too. First round, him and Randy Gregory were on the same line as scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Randy was He was one of my favorite players, bro, Dude, he had some sauce.
Speaker 1: I love his fucking table and he's he came back this year and balled the funk out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's had those off field issues. He's he's got like nine lives. But he's like a fucking cat is. He's lucky, he is, and he's getting all those opportunities because he's a stud I'm talking about genetics.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: He he housed one in Nebraska and it looked like he belonged to the ball in his hand.
Speaker 5: I forget who they were playing, but I remember watching them all like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, fucking gliding Bro. Yeah, drop back and pick all the time. Bro. I love watching him. Dude, he was a monster. Who did you play with that? Eastern Michigan?
Speaker 1: We didn't have any guys get draft in my year besides me, but yeah, I have a bunch of my guys.
Speaker 2: You go to any good bowl games? Did you go to a bowl game? Yeah? Fuck yeah? Bro?
Speaker 1: Like when I that was the thing, Like, you're fucking fucking hater, Bro, what bowl games did you go to? Listen, I'm gonna tell you the story. Eastern we went to what bowl games? Bahamas ball and went to the fucking Chamellia ball.
Speaker 2: What's that? Alabama? Baby?
Speaker 5: You said, Chlamenia ball flat ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was Uh, it was great. No, but we've yeah, Bro, it's a great, great venue.
Speaker 4: The Bahama Bowl, like I was gonna he was just gonna eat like he hit me with that one.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Always say that Atlanta, so you have to be in. It was awesome. It's a great time. Human that now you bring up a good point. I've been to Atlantis. It's a great time. We had a fucking blast. I was a freshman. I was fucking partying, having a fucking ball.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We were wild. Oh my boys, we were fucking We didn't care. It was so much fun. But yeah, it was Uh.
Speaker 2: It was great. Bro.
Speaker 1: I went to Eastern. We were one and eleven my red shirt year. When I read shirted it, I was like two hundred ten pounds. When I got there, I fucking looked like a I don't even know. I was just looking like a child, a baby deer. And I fucking I ended up, you know, doing my thing, and my recruiting class came in, the next one came in, and we fucking we changed the whole thing. My coach, coach Creighton, big shadow of coach Creighton, he changed the whole program. Bro. We went there. We were the worst. We were the laughing stock, laughing stock of Division one.
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 1: We were ranked one twenty eight. I think that's how many D one teams are. We were ranked one twenty eight when I got there, the worst of the worst, and we went there bro We went to fucking two bowl games one year. We didn't make it, were one game off, but like we really changed that shit around and competed.
Speaker 2: Like I guess everybody was so sick.
Speaker 1: You learned something every day. I thought you were in AIA. Okay, let's relax. Run the mac, baby. What do you know about Max?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll tell you what I enjoy it. I enjoy We'll show ever play anywhere.
Speaker 1: Were playing fucking Tuesday night and fucking in ball at ball stay in Lorraine in fucking November, freezing.
Speaker 4: I do enjoy the Max social media, the big cat Max. Hilarious Max. It's hilarious big time. So Max, Max is the one I always talk about when I say, like, when I got to the Raiders, there's a teammate that says, like, oh, busting with the boys. Who knew of busting with the boys When I got there, Max was the first player to You're like, oh, fuck yeah, Like you know, other guys know about it, other pro other pro guys know about.
Speaker 5: It and Max Max is the one. Max is the one I always refer to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bro, yeah, oh yeah, I remember that ship always.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I watched I watched the show before I even knew you and ship. So they saw us we signed Will Compton. I'm like, that's fucking us busting with the boys. Well I'm like, no, fucking let's go through what I saw. I'm like, oh, I gotta say something.
Speaker 5: I had to get your hat. I had to get a lot of guys in the.
Speaker 1: Whole team out of having them. But yeah, yeah, bro, no it's cool.
Speaker 2: You still rock the head.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it in a while. Nah, not all the time. I really don't wear it much, but I would they, Bro, I got like a hundred of these. They give us this this company shoutout residency.
Speaker 2: You know, they're no.
Speaker 1: Free shoutouts to companies, but big shoutout, you know. But they fucking they give me hats on hats and this every color, just the LV, just the LV, Bro, And I'm a snapbag guy.
Speaker 2: You enjoy living out in Vegas? I love it, Bro, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it like it's pretty out there right, Hell yeah, it's like literally, Vegas is a bowl. Like it's literally there's Vegas. You got Henderson, Summerland. Then it's just surrounded by fucking desert. But everything's right there. Like everyone thinks, Okay, Vegas, it's the fucking strip and it's just going on twenty four seven. But that's only the strip, like that direct little spot. But I live twenty minutes away. I'm in Henderson, a quiet ass old gated community. I don't hear anything. It's like I have a homie like feel. Like in California, it was the opposite. Oh look in a tiny apartment with my fucking dogs and me and my girls stuff, and we hated it. And like now we have have a house, we got a pool. You know, we fucking just relaxed, like it's it's really cool. Soday.
Speaker 2: He's talking about his situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, were you ever in the extended Say what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I stayed when I was getting ready for my pro day and even after my pro day, I was in a fucking extended state in uh ann Arbor in Michigan. Have you been in Alamedas? No, I would love to have. Compared to you always talk about it. Yeah, you guys stand there.
Speaker 4: I would walk in and I would have to get checked by the skin doctor because I'd have all these bites on my fucking body.
Speaker 2: Literally bad bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dog, I'd come.
Speaker 4: Home, there'd be a little bit of like uh, some eas essential meno assides, like a little bit of powder like dust on the table, and I'd come in there just be a frenzy of ants. Dude, I had to move rooms, no situ which would happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rough, But I like the one that people we're.
Speaker 5: Talking rough just smelled like weed the whole time. Dude, Oh alla meat.
Speaker 2: It was fucking yeah. I don't even know how to explain it. It's like the Cecil Hotel.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, serial killers, everybody's going through.
Speaker 5: That, cigarettes, homeless people and sex.
Speaker 2: Dude. But hey, shout out all of meat ext big shot.
Speaker 4: God, But that was a grind. I had to perseverere in that one. But can we have anything else? Heading into this last segment, This final segment of the pod is brought to you by Bare Bottom Clothing. Shout out the boys of Bare Bottom Clothing. After spending months at home this winter, warmer weather is finally on the horizon, and it's time to break out of your hibernation in style and comfort with bare bottom clothing. Bare bottom clothing is the go to for the most versatile, comfortable, and wearable everyday clothing for men, with a rapidly growing cult following of over one hundred thousand customers and countless five star reviews. You know that you're getting quality every day threads for a fraction of what you have to spend with the other guys. Bare bottoms, zero CHAF Stretch swim trunks. I will say that again like I do every time. Zero CHAF Stretch swim trunks feature quick drying, four way stretch fabric made sustainably from recycled plastic bottles, and their wildly versatile volley short swim hybrid is the go to for trips on land or sea. My personal experience is listening to Taylor FaceTime me the other day and him asked the question, have you gotten the bare bottom swimming trunks yet?
Speaker 5: I personally have not.
Speaker 4: I got the button downs, but he was swearing by the swim trunks because of the zero safe Check zero CHAF technology involved in the fabric, and he, you know, basically said you need to email the boys of barsool and have bare Bottom send the boys some swim trunks. So bare Bottom, I need you those need you to send me some bare Bottom swimming trunks.
Speaker 2: They're built for value.
Speaker 4: You're getting comfortable, made the last swim trunk shorts and t's that won't break the bank. Thousands of guys have already made bare Bottom the MVP of their closet and keep coming back for more well. Bare Bottom typically donate shorts to children in need through their one for You, One for Them program. They're switching things up and for a limited time, Barebottom will donate a protective mass to a first responder, teacher or someone in need. For each item purchase right now, our listeners get free shipping on their first order of these super comfortable threads at Barebottom Clothing dot Com with code busting. Just go to Barebottom Clothing dot com. That's b E A R like the animal clothing. He said that again, that's b E A R B O T T O M clothing dot com and use code busts and to get free shipping on your first order from Barebottom Clothing dot com. Shout out the boys swim comfortably. Oh what do you say?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 7: Drinking before games on the Ryan Mascillo podcast, and he said there was a time when he played a game with a guy that was drunk in the huddle who ended up going for like two hundred yards that game.
Speaker 2: And uh and and.
Speaker 7: There's a bunch of other quotes that they pulled up to, like Clinton Port has said that he and Santana Moss would take shots a Hennessy pregame to boost adrenaline.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: Josh Gordon said he would take a couple of shots of Grand Marnier and take the biggest bong rip he could like like.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like, I don't It's Josh Gordon, So yeah, you would assume.
Speaker 1: He's taking Hennessy shots a normal thing. I had people out of Eastern and they were fucking before the game before it. Cos pulled us up. Had a couple of my boys were running the fucking they'll run in the shower, smack the shop and they're like fucking ready to go.
Speaker 2: I never did that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It kind of freaks me out, like yeah, I never be in my fucking mind. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't. Too many checks going on. Then I got to hit with hey, check it empty?
Speaker 2: What aways like I don't know if I fucking take a shot for a game doing some crazy shit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the Clint Port of Santana Moss sayings true because teammates of Washington would say them in Santana like they had all rip shots of Hennessy before a game.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, at least three, that's right. Yeah, I've heard stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I heard him.
Speaker 4: I heard Antonio Brown would show up like right at game time, like when he was on the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he didn't really Yeah, yeah it was yeah, he was gone for the season.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was that was wrong.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I know that Santana like all like yeah, people take hitty to the head. I'm more like, you know, pass a doggie bag around a pre workout type of guy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, what was it like playing against Taylor? It was it was a tough game. God. Yeah, Now as you bring that.
Speaker 1: Up, you know, I think, what did I offer you every sack that you got? What was it a few hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: You probably probably shouldn't say that, you know, running bounding program, We're not we're not in college anymore.
Speaker 4: But this was sacks on Taylor wasn't like hurt somebody, but yeah, it was tough, bro, Like I don't know, I felt like, you know how the Titans are.
Speaker 1: They literally just pound the ball, pound the ball, and then they hite you with play action, so you're not really getting a good feel of, you know, as a d M getting off the ball and like because you know most of the time they're running that ball, but the one time you kind of get off slow because you think it's a run, they're fucking launching that bitch down field of AJ.
Speaker 2: So like I already knew, like it was tough.
Speaker 1: Taylor's good too, So Taylor is different ship, And like when you know you're protected in that way when you got to play action, you know it helps your line. And I and I was, Taylor, I want to play you again. I do, And I think it's going to be it is and I'm I'm gonna take up Will on that bet. And I think Taylor's a Pisa big shots of Taylor.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I remember walking up the Max that week, I like, hey, I need you to get sacks on the ball. Way, like, I'll give you five hundred per bro, but you gotta get sacks.
Speaker 2: On the boy. Uh but yeah it did.
Speaker 5: It didn't work out the way we thought it would.
Speaker 2: We were sick.
Speaker 5: See what happened was first played the game. I've talked about it before.
Speaker 4: I'm fucking sitting on the bench because Saffold almost put me there, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't go the way we thought it would. Yeah, he's a horse, he's a huge bro.
Speaker 2: The whole old line.
Speaker 4: As fu Oh yeah, the boys got a nice whole line. Shout out the boys, man. But and one more thing on the stitch with the with the with the Washington football team. As I just thought of this, there was somebody I won't say names, but a safety that played on Washington who at halftime would go into the bathroom stall with basically, uh what do they call the I'm jhonna blank right now, the fishing boxes tackle box with like a tackle box of you know stuff. The solves it at halftime, but people knew that this guy was doing it. I'm not gonna say, you know, I'm not gonna you know, be for the boys.
Speaker 1: People probably figure it out, but yeah it's normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you see you see you see some ship man.
Speaker 1: What in my two years I've seen some of the crazy ship I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: What's the craziest thing you've seen in your two years? I have a cap talking to fucking well, you know names or anything like that. It's just like, yeah, I don't want you say names because we like we gotta protect the boys.
Speaker 1: Of course, but like, yeah, just the environment is not what I expected. I did not feel like there would be so many people as wild as myself when I first came in the league.
Speaker 2: I thought I was by myself. Get after it, dude.
Speaker 4: I would come in, I would come in on a Saturday travel day days you travel, and there would be a couple of dudes sleeping in their lockers because they went out hard in DC the night before on a Friday night. Yeah, I've seen people just drunk and have to go at the facility.
Speaker 1: The crazy shit I've seen for me is like we play on a Sunday and I've seen guys go out on Friday Friday nights like four am and drinking strip clubs shit like that.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what the dudes get after it? Yeah, they get after it.
Speaker 4: I mean there's there's the stereotypical life that people try to imagine, like it's out there. Sometimes it's a fucking wildlife.
Speaker 2: Do to last or is it guys who don't stick around long?
Speaker 1: No, guys said, I'm referring to with that shit or like not even on the team anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and the two I'm thinking the two I was thinking of that slept at the lockers, like, yeah, they weren't.
Speaker 2: It didn't last long, like maybe a year or two, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But there are guys who are ballers who are fucking crazy too. They'll do some wild ship like there's some pro bowlers who fucking get after it too, like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, there's some guys that just know how to handle like I don't know, you're just surprised. They just have They just have the gift. Yeah, Like you would never expect in a million years that they're like they party like that or anything like that.
Speaker 2: They just from there.
Speaker 4: I mean, Ocho Sink was in a partier, but it's very well documented that he just ate McDonald's every day. I mean, some guys can just do shit that makes zero sense, no crazy, no, Like one of my boys would come in and he'd be like have a bag of fast food or something right in evening a meeting, you know what I mean. And it's just like, yo, what the fuck we got practice?
Speaker 2: If I hate that, like i'd had the same time.
Speaker 4: Hey, we had to strength coach at Nebraska Willie Jones. I think he's a strength coach at Illinois now, but for he got like initiated into the strength staff with Dallson and them, and they pushed a prowler, I think a sled like maybe a thousand yards and they had to put their body weight on the sled and push it a thousand yards.
Speaker 2: So you pushing how.
Speaker 4: Much do you weigh seventy on a prowler and you'd have to push it a thousand yards or it was something crazy like that. But they said Willy was shaking and fucking hurting so bad he had to go puke. And while he was in the stall, he started shitting himself.
Speaker 1: Shit just started running down his leg. Oh my god, I'm seen. We had a kid at Eastern Bro. We we did shit similar to that. When we would have our fucking stadium days. Bro, we had like twenty four of them or twenty two or whatever. It's a crazy number running all the way up the stadium. You fucking jogged down and you're fucking hitting it, and we'd have overtime, so we're already fucking dead.
Speaker 2: Go overtime blah blah blah, and we're like.
Speaker 1: No, you would have to pick up whoever is fucking you, figure out who you team up was, you have a buddy, and you have to throw them on your fucking back and run up the stadium. Ye back down, bro, it was fucking shit getting speed wobbles like the There would be guys like it's your group, so you got ten guys. There'll be one fucking dude who's like a running back and he'll get stuck with a fucking moose, three hundred.
Speaker 2: Twenty pound guy and that's the car.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, I'm I'm not doing that because I'll drop your fat ass down the whole stadium like it's crazy, like we were, Oh my gosh, I had a roommate. I had a roommate, Alfonso, and he faked like passing out. He faked the cramp because we it got to you were gas after this.
Speaker 4: Huge uh uh what do they call it? County fair? Like workout one of those county fair workouts where you got like eight stations, you're doing all these drills with vest On, push your prowlers, doing the most bro, and you're destroyed at the end. And he's like, all right, not overtime. But it was like, you know, it was basically that's what it was. We're gonna do extra get on the line. We're gonna do jingle jangles where you just run certain ladders like five back, ten back, or ten back, fifteen back, ten back, twenty back, shit like that, and you don't know when you're gonna stop.
Speaker 2: It's like all right on the line jingle jingles.
Speaker 4: And my roommate Fonso, he just he screamed with his high pitched voice, ah, and just literally acted like he just fainted and passed out.
Speaker 2: And they literally they sprayed him down like right there with.
Speaker 4: The cooler water and they had to pick him up, and he got picked up by like four people and they went and just dropped him in the cold tub. They just talked. They talked up as like a full body cramp. No, but we were freshmen, like it was our first hard work out.
Speaker 1: We were freshmen, bro, your first couple of weeks in college of the fucking they.
Speaker 2: Try and break you.
Speaker 1: We had a kid when I was my sophomore year. There was a kid that shipped himself in the meeting. He was so tired and exhausted in the meeting. It was an whole liveman, and this dude was dying. Bro, he was so exhausted. We had meetings after He's literally crawling into the meeting room and he got up out of his chair after he was done at the meeting, and there was literally a ship streak in his chair. Bro.
Speaker 2: Fucking it was. It was fucked up. Bro.
Speaker 4: Did you see some ship when you're in college man, and you think that wife, and then when you're on the other side of it, you're like, you know, how ridiculous is college?
Speaker 2: What it was? Fucking oh my god the first couple of weeks or just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, thanks for coming on, bro, Max Crosby Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, man, and blast yah. Big shout out to you guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bustle with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again.
Speaker 2: It helps the boys.
Speaker 1: Climb the charts, and again we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support.
Speaker 2: We also have a YouTube channel if you like.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Busting with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever,