Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and.
Speaker 2: Archived on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Man and here we go America.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Germany is ready.
Speaker 3: The lotion in Dublin, George is ready. Hello Jones, bor Arkansaul, Greg's Peanuts are ready. Southern Craft Casket Cup and Loretto, Tennessee is ready.
Speaker 4: Ozar, Alabama. Let's go, Laurel, Mississippi. Dublin CSI is ready. Loads of Mexicans are ready.
Speaker 2: Kat Pisa, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Calhoun County is always ready. I'm coming down a two year old who woke up. But I'm up, guys, I'm ready, Alexandria, the Valley cubs are ready.
Speaker 2: The cater truck drivers are ready. I see you. He is ready.
Speaker 1: So so much to cover on the program today. Thank you for letting us know that you're ready. All over the country and today even around the world. It is time for another Rick Burgess show, and we're in.
Speaker 2: A brand new hour.
Speaker 1: We have Speedy, we have Greg, we have Adler. As the great ken Osborn introduced them one by one, they all subtlely in And I just want to take us if I could, and I'd like to move us twenty four hours ahead. We're twenty four hours from now. We're checking it with Speedy, and I wonder how it's gone. After a night of restless sleep, Speedy leaves today for Dublin, Georgia and the land of Larry the patch Man and his wife Carolyn.
Speaker 2: It was all a bit until it's real. Can I ask you all question? Yep?
Speaker 1: Who would have thought? Well, we were listening to that first message on your phone. Ye, Speedy with one day he spend the night with Larry and Carolyn. I still remember, I remember the streame relationship has really grown. Imber screaming out in the hall, everybody in my office. Now, yeah, you'll have to hear this first amount.
Speaker 2: Boom Now look, and that's what you know.
Speaker 5: I was telling It was only six months ago.
Speaker 2: I was just I was texting with Larry.
Speaker 6: They don't live just down the road either, No, as he was sending me pictures of his cats and and and and I was saying, you know, one thing that's so but even though he's a very unique person and that's the reason why we were intrigued to begin with, that he collects patches and.
Speaker 2: From Alaska and all this kind of stuff. Then we met Carolyn, who's sweetheart, and then it just kept growing. And I said, the fact that that a staff member is going to just spend spend the night with a listener that they've never met in person almost five hours away, I said that it's really a lot of it's about that about yeah, you know, take the patches and take the sled and take you and just slide it over here. I'm just going to spend the night with a listener and telling my boys who are adults now who don't pay attention to what we do every day, and you know, and I just say, hey, by the way, I'm going out of town just to give my heads up, you know, your mom will be at home, uh, you know, that kind of thing. And then to have them look at me and they kind of turned their head. Or the Pauls on the phone as I was just talking to Reese and he said, you're doing what right, And and jc's response was, what did they win? Is this? Was it a contest? I'm like, oh no, he just lost. But you know, back to when we were trying to explain to one of our sales reps and she didn't know, it is tough to explain because it is it is. It's like a soap opera. It's just we lived it out and I don't even know because Terry asked, she said, how did it even? How did it even come about? And I said, I think there was one time where he was talking to us and and we said we'd love to meet him, and he said he would love for us to see his patch collections, and then somebody on one of us said, well, we need to come see it, and then it kind of grew from there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We we had a difference scenarios that we're going to do and we ended up landing on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was you know when you when we were if you go back to Tell from the camp House, the very first one, and we're trying to say, all right, we're starting. We're so we're so grateful for what we've done, but it's a new endeavor. In twenty twenty, five so, and our goal was we wanted to do a show where the people every day as they turned it on, said there's no telling what's happening today, and we all agreed that we were up for anything. I think I think Speedy you didn't. You didn't realize that how soon you'd be taking up on that and the things that have already happened in six months. And I had a similar situation. You know, our families don't really know what we do. And I saw y'alls group texts late in the afternoon, early evening, and I went to reply, and I said, oh, everybody's getting kind of fired up because Speedy's headed out tomorrow. And sure goes, what where's he going. I said, He's going to Dublin, Georgia. And then she goes for what are y'all doing in Dublin, Georgia. I said, oh, he's he's going to have a little sleepover. He's staying over some listener's house. She says, that never meant She said. What I said is what does he got to stay somewhere? You doing something over there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, He's only going to stay with them just for the night.
Speaker 8: And to check out their patch and to broadcast from, and then then I give that.
Speaker 5: Then I gave her an option.
Speaker 1: I said, no, honey, I can go on to explain this week, but you could just stop right now and because it's just going to get weird. It is, and she said, try me. I said, Speedy's going over to see a giant patch collection. And she said, I think a couple of She said, I think I'll choose now to stop.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, you gotta have you can't lazily explain it, because it takes You've got to have some energy and really go Okay, I got to really explain. You got to tell where it started, how it ended up here. Good. But I was I was telling him that yesterday. I said, really, it's more about that, just the whole here. I come, y'all ready and leave like he's my daddy. I'm gonna go and daddy come in. I'll be there, Shorge, Speedy text me when you're on the road.
Speaker 1: Now, look, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you now, Speedy, I'm just want to prepare you, and I think I speak easily on behalf of the two other guys here. We're gonna forget about you today. Now we're gonna let check you now. Now we're gonna be wide open tomorrow, excited about it. You know what I'll think about it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bed Yep, thank you, Bud.
Speaker 1: But I want you to know that you're got you gotta hold, you gotta hold trip ahead all that. At some point we'll trip. We will we will completely forget that you're doing all this. We'll be so immersing our own day. About the time I'm halfway through the Bible study today, yeah, it'll be, I mean, and then after that, the things I've gotten, I'll just start rolling through my day and forget. There'll be a time I'll think You'll you're still here. You know what, I don't even think you're still in town.
Speaker 2: You know I have no idea where you are. Well, what are you going to try to do? Without up dating too much because some of you are like who cares? But some of you do want to know? Hey, I kind of like to have a timeline of you know, updates. I won't do it too much, but.
Speaker 1: Sweedy, you your story today is huge, So everybody follows Speedy.
Speaker 2: On my Instagram story. I will go, hey, I'm leaving. This is where I'm at you know, and then I'm pulling up, and I'll try to capture you know me put park in the truck and then eating a sandwich, and then welcoming me in and as I enter the home definitely and you pull in. So I'll try to have all of that put that on my Instagram story. So in the morning you'll have a timeline as a staff of going, Okay, if you did forget about me, you can go back and go, Okay, this is what he was doing. I will and I look forward to what I remember it.
Speaker 1: By then you'll probably have four or five updates right and.
Speaker 2: Then and look, and I don't. I'm not offended by that. Yeah, you just life is business. We have something. I was sitting there.
Speaker 1: Only takes y'all even thought about that, by the way, forgot y'all to understand that we do that anytime. It was got some kind of something and now like like the what I had on Monday, would I just sat out just so y'all know, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you were going to bed. Yeah I was. I was climbing in the bed. I went, oh, I forgot sure, I'm just to get back.
Speaker 8: From do you need a phone tripod thing.
Speaker 2: I have one. I have a phone tripod thing, and where I can take where I can just you know, have that stationery.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna try to take enough microphone cables and all that to where I can pull it around the house. If so, the only problem is headphones and here and y'all, we'll get through it. So I'm gonna try to zoom the video option and then Comras the audio option.
Speaker 1: So well, we're thinking Adler is just the same Frank Frank Caliendo set up from yesterday.
Speaker 8: And if it doesn't that be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if it doesn't work, uh, and I'm limited to just where that Comrax unit is sitting, then we might go full zoom. We'll see as far as high reception goes and quality and all that.
Speaker 1: So you can get all the recap tomorrow on the show, for sure. But if you want to follow how things are happening today as speedy travels, don't be sure you're following you on Instagram.
Speaker 2: People are saying they're added notifications on their phone. Well they have to do. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: So we've been talking about Patriot Mobile for a while now, now you.
Speaker 2: Probably already know that.
Speaker 1: For years, years they've stood in the gap for every American who believes that faith, family, freedom are worth fighting for.
Speaker 2: Okay, we know.
Speaker 1: That they're the real deal, but did you know did you know this? They have cutting edge technology. Yeah, there's a lot of great reasons to go with Patriot Mobile, but I don't want you to think that you're downgrading you on your quality of service and many scenarios you are upgrading. Switching is easy, no store visits, no hassle, keep your number, keep your phone, or upgrade. Their one hundred percent US based team can activate you in minutes, right over the phone and get this. Patriot Mobile is one of the few carriers with access to all three major US networks. That means exceptional nationwide coverage. Plus they can even put a second number on a different network on one phone. It's like carrying two phones in one. They have unlimited data plans, mobile hotspots, international roaming, Internet on the go devices, and home internet backup. You get all this from them? Can you get all that from the big guys?
Speaker 5: No? No, you can. So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: Make the switch today and experience the Patriot Mobile difference. Go to Patriotmobile dot com. Slash rick are called nine to seven two Patriot Mention the show and use that promo code Rick and get a free month of service. Switch to Patriot Mobile defend freedom with every call and text you make. That's Patriotmobile dot com. Slash Rick are called nine to seven to two Patriot A lots to come. Obviously, we're preparing for Speedy's departure today to go to Larry the patch Man and Carolyn, his wife, their their home. As we were talking about in the break, we may talk about Speedy going over there, but have we ever put on their shoes. They're having some guy from a radio show coming into their home and staying with him and then broadcasting live from.
Speaker 2: Their house tomorrow. So they're kind of a weird place too.
Speaker 1: So if it goes well, get ready show hunt Jack Speedy's coming to stay with you.
Speaker 2: Okay. I had actually had somebody reach out from Virginia and if I could come stay with him. Yeah, yeah, we're up next over America.
Speaker 1: No, actually, he's right. The person's involved at the bottom. It looks like they're involved in Liberty University somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They send an email said i'd like to get on the list for the next place speak to Todays. So yeah, so anyway, we have that coming up. Also today we have be True or bs. Andy Andrews is dropping by again today and that gives you, guys in the audience multiple shots at the wheel, right because we did this and rite again because I know the wheel.
Speaker 2: Everybody just loves that wheel.
Speaker 1: Of bundles, bits and bucks and and so you're thinking, well, if I'm not in the vox seats, I never get a shot at the wheel, but you do, you get right again, gives you a shot, you know, Andy Andrews gives you multiple shots. So yeah, this is when the audience, the massive audience everywhere gets a shot. So be paying attention. Andy will be here a little bit later on and Wednesday Bible study. Back today I mentioned that, Yeah, we're Joe nineteen today. Powerful, powerful chapter that has probably one of those that you might be there's portions of it that you probably are very familiar with.
Speaker 2: But do you know I'm looking forward to that today.
Speaker 5: I need to even catch up.
Speaker 2: I need to catch up on a few and uh and so no and.
Speaker 8: Uh ten hours.
Speaker 2: If I was that's that's what I would do. But no, this will help me catch up on a few that I need to do. So and then you look up and for you know it, you're in Georgia, you know, not quiet, but yeah, some there and start. They just installed Instagram for this, Yes, that's well.
Speaker 1: Look if there was ever a time when you thought, I've always wanted to install Instagram so I could follow the guys and find out what's going on. I mean, for no other reason. Stay with Speedy Day. He needs us, Yeah he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just if I know that y'all are all with me, and then it helps. And like I said, talking to Larry and them, I mean, they're rick to your point. They're they're having a stranger come in their house and send a naturally syndicated show and and we'll just be lifing. What if we're there, like what if we forgot to go to you and we missed the whole oh thing? That's what jac said. He said, I know how y'all tire anything, but if you drive five hours, I hope they give you more than ten minutes. I said, it don't matter. I'd rather not be a bit up than anything. But well, we'll go live I think one hour and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the struggles we're having with tomorrow because I know for some of you and you're writing, you know the sprinkle format, and you don't want to stay on anything too long. This has been a great narrative, you know. It's how much of the show tomorrow do we devote to Speedy's in that home?
Speaker 2: You know, if you go back to.
Speaker 1: The days, which a lot of people are saying, this is going back to the Rick and Bubba days, could this be Willie one to two point zero? Vicky quest, Well, those things dominated a large VICKI quest, if I'm not mistaken, was an entire show, Vicky.
Speaker 2: Quest, not only did you go a long way, you brought them back with yeah you did, and then it bled into the next day because you actually brought them here, yeah and there. I know we have a lot of folks that have just joined this show this year that don't know what this was. A lady losing her eyesight and the last thing she wanted to do is meet you guys.
Speaker 5: She wanted to see us before she went right.
Speaker 2: And so I went over there, picked her up and brought her back and yes you did, and uh and and I enjoyed that as an audience member and and the whole, the whole soap opera began. And when I pulled up and trying to get her in the car, and boy, it was an adventure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was you know when you go to pick up someone and the first thing they say is sorry, we're not quite ready yet. And I'm still trying to find my broad and I'm not sure what apartment it's in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that was. That is. I mean, you're.
Speaker 1: Drums and there's a drum set. There's a drum set in her apartment.
Speaker 2: You couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: When I heard there was a drum set in there, I just thought, well, you know, God's the grace just continues to pour out on me and undeservingly and uh and so that was.
Speaker 5: That was something.
Speaker 1: And then Willie Wanda, you know, goes back to the very first year that Bubba and I did a show together, you know, and it revolved again around something that brought members of the audience into our lives. So that there's a lot of similarities ringing here, you knows. As you've heard Ken Osborne say, we deal with the public a lot, and Forrest Gump was right, it's like a box of chocolates. You don't you don't know what you're gonna get. No, And I think now, don't mean I don't mean to add on to this speedy, but I will say this, and in all the years of doing what we do for a living, and for me, I've been at this forty about forty years. Okay, the majority of it obviously Rick and Bubba's show, because that's thirty one big ones right there, which is.
Speaker 2: Over half my life. By the way, is.
Speaker 1: You I think that I'm not This is not directed that at our friends in Dublin, So don't okay, okay, good, I'm just speaking in general.
Speaker 2: I think all of you agreed.
Speaker 1: No particular I think I think social media has played a big role in this huge role. I do, though, believe that of all the things I've experienced doing with this for a living, which I love, people are a stranger now and they've ever been.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got a lot to talk about. Yeah, it won't have to look real hard.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: At one time, you know, it was almost like deer hunting in Alabama in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before the herd got so big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were deer, and but it was you never saw them, and you heard people who saw them, and every now and then somebody would bring like a spike in, which is a nobody even discussed didn't because they couldn't beieve they.
Speaker 2: Saw one, and no they didn't. There's no discussion. And so that's the way. That's the way.
Speaker 1: Odd people were out most of the time we've been doing this.
Speaker 2: They're out there. But now, but now, especially now as you can hunt over feeders right.
Speaker 1: Now that now that we do supplemental feeding and all this, it's almost like deer everywhere. Yeah, yeah, and and and you know it's weirder not to see them, and and and that's the odd people. The numbers are are unbelievable. Now you almost get overwhelmed by the potential of the oddness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's actually more than you can Actually you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't even manage them all right now, And everywhere everywhere you go you encounter them. There's no group that you go, we don't have any strange people. And just when you think you've seen it all, suddenly you say something more outstanding. The word I like to know I'm talking about like things like being involved in church. I remember strange people at church was relatively odd. Uh now, uh, they're everywhere. I mean it's I encounter a lot of strange people. Yeah, a lot everywhere.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: There's no place where the not there Ye.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the trip, my dad has an unusual request. Do you want to go with you? Now? He asked if I could if I had time to run by somewhere, which surprised me. Oh, I'll tell you. Why are you in the area?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And anytime somebody says where are you from? And if you say, well, I'm from Alabama, no matter where you are, they know sweet Home Alabama, no matter where you are. And it released today in nineteen seventy fours. That's a big one.
Speaker 8: I was in Northern Ireland and a bunch of like primary school girls I was doing like mission work, and a bunch of wait wait, I was playing drums that we were going around to different schools. I was playing drums with a student choir. Okay, and they were like, where are you from? And I said Alabama? And these I guess fourth and fifth grade girls in Northern Ireland all sang together, oh sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah they do, okay, they do.
Speaker 8: That's where that story was going. Speedy, not any other weird, weird direction.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us where you come from? Do you come from the place of the cowboys and the Indians. I'm from Alabama, I sweet home Alabama. Yeah, no, you're right, I've seen it. It was sang to me in Nikoawa.
Speaker 8: Really wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that one stuck. I didn't know you've been when they wrote that, they didn't realize. No, how old were you at I've been.
Speaker 8: I've been twice actually, so you bragging like college age and then a little bit post college age.
Speaker 2: Two mission trips.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, the fun of that? Well, you know what, let's be honest, give us some time.
Speaker 2: We will sure. I was just looking.
Speaker 1: I am, I'm thinking about it. That's the problem with being here. There's nothing you can bring up that your friends here won't make fun of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I wanted to say something about partying, but you were on.
Speaker 8: A mission trip.
Speaker 2: A lot of drinking in Ireland. Yeah, he'll drink to well.
Speaker 8: The guinnis the Dennis was a fluent like, hey, you look like you're from the Shire.
Speaker 2: He livestle man. You're taking it away from he said to me.
Speaker 5: That's not an Ourish accent.
Speaker 2: At all. That was Andrew Man, can you take us? Can you take us to you? Put of gold?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 8: It is your fids right in here. Let's what you want to.
Speaker 2: Be like the fighting Ira the face at the end that.
Speaker 8: The secondhand feels like we feel what you feel?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So, what did your dad ask you about this trip today? You were gonna tell us?
Speaker 2: Oh? Uh, he you know, he's a little concerned. Sure you mom, Mom and dad. Normally they stopped asking about the show and some of the details because it just gets so crazy. Sure, and so I hit the finer points. And they love to start their day listening on the river our affiliate Huntsville when when it's not skipping and and uh and so he'll tell me, but he will tell me issues. Let me one thing.
Speaker 1: Let me say something I'm perfectly clear on. And I understand because you people in Huntsville, there's a lot of passion for this show. Like I say, we just had some ratings come out again just recently the show number one of it and so that's exciting, but it also with it comes passion. And one thing that I'm crystal clear on is it one hundred point three skips And there's something wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've been updated daily daily. What's just that's okay? Look that you we should be has to be frustrating on your in and we apologize, but we're just sitting there waiting it out, just like y'all. Yeah, engineers are are working on it, but so we're you know, going back and forth a little bit, you know, on some different things. He said, Hey, son, how far is Dublin from Jessup, Joey No boy, And uh, it's like, well, I don't know. Uh, he said, well, you know that's where you know, looking back at the Wilburn family tree, he said, that's where the Wilburn's migrated for you know, decades and decades and decades ago. Uh. And he's and and i'd be kind of cool if you could swing through there, you can take it is south of Savannah, I believe, in between Savannah and Jacksonville, way on down. I don't think it's gonna make no, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Don't you think you should just go anyway before you come back. You should just kind of run go take a picture at the Jessup city limits sign.
Speaker 2: For your dad. Right, it is kind of cool looking, I mean, it is it is. You know, it looks good, looks looks like a good little bit away. But and I realized that Dublin is a good bit of way. It's it's if you're trying to visualize where it might be, it's really southeast of Making, Georgia. It is ton down there. I've been through there one time.
Speaker 8: You can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's on my way the Savannah or on my way to Black Cheer. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I see, I thought I had been there. But of course I realized that y'all heard me on the air that I thought I was.
Speaker 2: That was Douglas, Georgia. Yeah, I been there too.
Speaker 8: That's a long way in different places.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: The whole time I thought i'd been where you're going. And I was even talking about yeah, I've been there before.
Speaker 2: You remember I ended up in Douglas, Georgia to get Chloe the dog. Oh yeah, I thought. At least I said, Douglas ball, which is not far.
Speaker 8: That's easy.
Speaker 2: It was. Douglas is a long way five hours or so. Oh.
Speaker 1: Greg drove down there and got a dog and drove back hug.
Speaker 8: Douglas is an hour and a half south of Dublin.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, Greg, that's where that's where Chloe was from. Yes, wow, there's a lot of Chiahas between there and my house.
Speaker 8: How is this the closest to.
Speaker 2: You know, someone with.
Speaker 1: The off of off of Texas Nation they said, do you think? They said, because of it's on arsenal. There's all kinds of weird things that happened in huntsviol So there's there's no doubt.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that the person saying, if you took a picture in JESSP, your dad can't see it.
Speaker 2: Well, he could see it, he would just I mean if he could get it, if he could get here, but somebody could explain it to who he could probably speak What did you know? I mean he could he could see it that way. And then mom does she does such a great job of explaining you know, things and and all that.
Speaker 8: She's worth a thousand words.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, it is.
Speaker 1: Why don't you why don't you go to Jessep for your dad just just going down before you come back.
Speaker 2: I mean you're over there, I'm over there. I mean why not you know?
Speaker 1: It had what maybe an hour and a half to later you get Yeah, it looks like about that. I mean you have to go back, you know what, it's possible that's even though that's an hour and a half, that's still the general area.
Speaker 5: It's possible that you may be kin to to Larry.
Speaker 2: Maybe, so who knows, who knows? I went back, I went back and play and.
Speaker 1: Stayed Daniel boone, uh, trying to one. I get those suit mixed up. I did tell you they're the same person, but they're not. They're closed, but they're not.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. I went back in and played the TV uh package that that they did on Larry and Carolyn from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Found it online, something like breaking down Film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I played it for JC because he just still couldn't understand where I was going. And understands. He does, he does, he's he said, he said, that's that looks like a sweet couple. What did they win? I said they didn't. Well, they won a trip of me kind to see them. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you think that they did get two shirts?
Speaker 2: They got they have the Rick Burger shirts in the mail, so they're excited about that. Good two mediums uh and uh. And I've got some other things I'm bringing them that we've collected here at the studio. I tell you what something special that I won't I got at issue with this. I think I might. I don't know if we need to talk about it our surprise them.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I kind of have an issue with it, do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think those should be for us.
Speaker 2: Are they not already been in them? Have you? Yeah? I'm going to get in them too before then. Here it is, I'm taking protein balls to to well, I just leave me a couple, right, she didn't make a batch. But I thought those were for us. I thought they were for the office. Well, you missed the part when I said, hey, guys, I'm putting these in the fridge. They're they're for Larry and Carolyn.
Speaker 5: Greg missed it because he's already down to.
Speaker 8: We miss that part of it, right right.
Speaker 2: Well, they're in a little bad they they're in a little deal and and I'll take these kids. Just leave me about three or four. I want to he bites into that protein ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Daniel Boone was born in seventeen thirty four. David Crockett seventeen eighty six. They're different, They're different people.
Speaker 2: Daniel Boone.
Speaker 1: Daniel Boone knows that great. I knew it was one. He's been talking about it for years now. The any apprehension confirment. But yeah, any apprehension at all. You're you're you're sitting down tonight this outstanding, delicious smelling meal. It's gonna be so any apprehension at all when you're when your fork goes through.
Speaker 2: That no the first time and you're bringing it to your mouth. They're the sweetest little couple. Uh. And I'm sure Carolyn is a great cook. I can't wait, and I'm gonna sit down hopefully. Larry had been smoking too many black and Miles in the house. I don't know when it hit me because and we talked about this, I want you smoking black. You know, back when I in the DJ days, whatever, smoke, secondhand smoke never bothered man, and I'd be in places and clubs. Is it gonna bother you?
Speaker 1: When I got to a certain point where it just really started bothering. I can be at a red light if somebody's got the window down, I smell the smile. What happened to us? Because I said, we grew up in a home where people smoked.
Speaker 2: In the whole world smoked. Then everybody's office airplane. Yeah, but yeah, it didn't matter. We played bars. You didn't even need a fog machine. No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there were so many people smoking, right, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Can remember on a bigger scale going to like the BJCC to say Van Halen. That would be a cloud hanging over the crowd. It had formed in the top of their auditorium. You would think you would, you would think we'd be hardened to smoke. Yeah, but now we're super well is it? Is it back to acclamation again? Yes, we're not acclimated to I guess so. I don't know. We just breathed so many, so much in. We're done breathing it in.
Speaker 8: I remember being a kid. There's a smoking section of a restaurant. Yes, and it's not in like a closed door. It's just over there.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, you're over there.
Speaker 1: There was no smoking section. The whole restaurant was smoking when we were Yeah. It didn't even write them up and we were kids about the section.
Speaker 2: Larry only smokes two Black and Miles today though, so I think I'm okay, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We were discussing how weird society is now, and we do believe that social media has a lot to do with that. So Aaron Rodgers, I mean, let's say, he said, he's an oddwood himself.
Speaker 2: Yeh yeh.
Speaker 1: But but I have to kind of agree with him on this. And we've experienced it even here. This this how human beings that don't even know you now demand to know about your private life and demand information from you that you don't have to give them, right, but it's almost like they feel entitled to it. And he said, it's really turned into a sick society. He said, you know, I've lived in the public eye for twenty years and I've had public relationships and it didn't work out too good. So he said, I've had people leaking my home information I'm in touch with that, making up stories about houses that you know, I bought together with this person, people calling Papa Rozzi, had people posting, you know, things about my personal life on the internet. And he said, and I didn't really want any of that, And he said, I do have a right to a private life, and I certainly know when I'm in the public eye, but I really just wanted to play football. I wasn't trying to be a celebrity. And there are things in my private life that I want to be private and what and what he said in what seems to be so odd about this? If you have that very sensible point of view, people think you're weird. Not it's weird that people who don't know you demand to know about your private life, demand information from you, will post your personal stuff.
Speaker 2: They're not weird.
Speaker 1: It's it's the person who says, I don't really want that done, that's the weird. And he makes a great point, and he said, what I don't understand what's happened to common decency about security and personal life that now the public demands to dive into the details of where you live, what you're doing, who you're doing it with, do you have a wife, who is your wife?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's I don't understand it. And he said social media, Uh, and now has gotten people you know, they're anonymous, they don't have to give you their name, they hide behind you know all this, and they can say anything about you, they can demand, they can post, and they don't have to face you.
Speaker 2: And that has led to a very cowardly sick society.
Speaker 1: And I can't imagine at his level, but just a little bit that we experienced it. It is and and I love all the wonderful people that we get to associate with.
Speaker 2: All of you make it worthwhile.
Speaker 1: But this, this anonymous social platform world we live in now has has really provided a stage for the cowardly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: And just a direct example of of this being a problem, several NFL players, y'all remember their their homes were burglar during games while they were playing away here. Yeah you had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelcey, Joe Burrow. I believe Russell Wilson, And that's that is terrifying. That is your home, that is your sanctuary. So I mean, I respect it, and I understand why they want more privacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that doesn't mean you know, when people say things like well we pay big money for these tickets, No, no, no, that means that they ought to go and play well. And when they're on the public platform, that means that we should on our public platform, we should do our job well to say thank you to all of you that support what we do. But everybody has a right to have their life, you know, feature private moments, and your home is your sanctuary and your family and and it's just just amazing how people can't seem to comprehend.
Speaker 2: That basic truth. It's very basic. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I everybody should have a right to their own private life, even people who do jobs.
Speaker 2: That are in the public arena.
Speaker 1: Now, when you're in the public arena, you are to do your job well and be appreciative of all the people that allow.
Speaker 5: You to do that.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 1: And people have a right to you know, to h to expect that they're they're getting entertained or you know, you're giving it all you can.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with that.
Speaker 1: But but no one has the right to anyone's private life.
Speaker 2: Yea, no one. Aaron has had. I guess certain situations pop up where he seems a little strange, but this one he has right this. Yeah, yeah, you know, if.
Speaker 1: He does things weird publicly, it's okay to say that's weird. That's not what he's talking about. The truth he's talking about is this sick society that will make things up about you, post personal things about you. Uh, come after you make up stuff that's not true, and demand that you give them some sort of information they don't have the right to. Uh. And then if you don't do that, you're the one that's cast in a bad light, not them, and that's weird. Yeah it is, and I mean much smaller scale. I have had people actually freak out because they were coming after me and I just said, why don't we talk person to person? And oh, by the way, your phone number was on the text nation, so I now have it, So why don't we just have a conversation? And then they freak out like I'm the weird one coming after them, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just okay.
Speaker 1: So you just get to remain anonymous and say anything you want to. But if I say, well, why don't we just talk person to person, now I'm the weird one. Strange top of the hour. So Trump has has landed in the Netherlands. He is supposed to speak at the NATO summit uh amid warning and warming relations with Alliance leaders. Now, when we finally worked out all this ceasefire yesterday, it seems like by the time of the day was over. I mean to the point that even now again I haven't I haven't heard any update today, but I know that I heard yesterday. We got to the point that everybody was like, okay, sorry about that last missile. Hey, well let's let's tone the response. Everybody, everybody, everybody, everybody up that it settled so much that even the airports in Israel started operating again yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so that so that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Trump was actually overnight he spoke more to the media than they thought he would, and he said that he was praising Israel because he said net and Yahoo called his fighters back for the response to uh that Iran did when they, you know, broke the cease fire. He called them back and they didn't retaliate. So the ceasefire is still in place right now. And he was praising Israel for their their patients and and everything on calling them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I got real confused because he kept getting information, you know, because at one time it was being presented as if what Iran or whoever fired that missile, that it was harmless.
Speaker 2: But it did kill four people. I mean that that was done. The one that killed the family of he hit the bunker. That was before, just before the ceasefire. That the other that they intercepted was after the ceasefire.
Speaker 5: All right, let me see if I have this right.
Speaker 1: Fire terrible terrible stories that was that was the one when he thought the Neahu said he was going to retaliate from the rogue missile.
Speaker 2: Right, let me stay with it.
Speaker 8: Well, they both they both messed up, and so Trump was actually cussing at Israel and Iran.
Speaker 2: No, I got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about the family miss Let me see if I can get the timeline right, because this got very confusing.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was an unfortunate, horrible thing that a missile from a run hit a family that was in a bunker.
Speaker 2: But it hit it directly, hit their debunker directly, right, so it killed them.
Speaker 1: That was before the seas far just before, just before then after the ceasefire. Rogue missile that does nothing, it didn't damage anything. It might have damage it, but it didn't. Right, they intercepted it. So Israel retaliated over the one that killed the family right before the ceasefire in a big way. Then ceasefire rogue missile. Israel was going to retaliate again.
Speaker 2: Fighters in the air going back and they came back and they do I have it right? Yes? And because yesterday I got real confusing. And when fighter when Israel was responding, that's when the F bomb was dropped. Because Trump was like hey, and then net and Yahoo pulled that, pulled back the fighters and and everything. And then Trump, even with the NATO leaders, there was even a couple that were pray in him and what he's done and and how the ceasefire is still in play, and and he's never you've never heard that, especially in the in his first administration. You've never heard the foreign leaders praise him the way you're you're hearing now at this NATO something.
Speaker 8: And Israel got a little squirrely, I think with this the timing of the ceasefire and kind of trying to bend some rules in which, like you know, the missiles were launched before the ceasefire was supposed to start, but they landed after, but we launched them before, that kind of thing, so that when you're trying to negotiate peace and that kind of squirreliness is going on, it's gonna trump, that's gonna mess things up. And Trump was yeah, Trump was upset about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I realized all of you out there are obsessed with this new baby thing where you make baby versions of Yeah, pretty funny, a baby version dropping an F bomb. There's just something wrong with us. And somebody's already done that. Let's not have baby.
Speaker 8: Let's not have baby baby doing that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it's bad enough when they made the one that looks like Amy be cross eyed. You have you seen that one.
Speaker 2: It's like everything goes back to the thousand pounds. But they made the baby.
Speaker 1: Well, Greg, I thought you would applaud that. Frankly, Well, the baby thing's weird.
Speaker 2: It is, I would say, a baby, Larry and Karen, Uh, here's.
Speaker 1: Something interesting, you know what it is? Yeah, that's not right now, now that's not right. We we we we've had Democrats that wanted to impeach Trump for this brilliant military move that was beautifully executed, that showed the strength of our military, how showed our prowess and put the world on alert.
Speaker 2: And only can.
Speaker 1: These crazy progressive democrats their first reaction is he must be impeached. Well, one hundred and twenty eight Democrats are joining the House GOP and they're going to block the progressives bid to impeach Trump. See these are democrats. For some of you out there that may be Democrats who enjoy the show, and thank you for that. See these one hundred and twenty eight realize, y'a are never going to win an election again if you keep letting these progressives run the party. And right now everybody, even the world, is applauding what has taken place. This is not the time for you to say I'm angry and pitch a fit and go on the view and claim you're going to impeach Trump.
Speaker 2: It's just horrible pr for your party. Terrible. And so I have to.
Speaker 1: Say that the one hundred and twenty eight Democrats that are joining the GOP to block this, which is shocking bid for impeachment. But those one hundred and twenty eight are wise. Yeah, yeah, they realize that the voices that are running your party right now. Now it's good with me because I don't want y'all to have power anyway. So but I'm not for you kind of disrupting something like this though that needs to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But again, so I was actually glad to see that. Yeah. And speaking of the far left, AOC and others have come out supporting this Democratic mayoral candidate for New York City. They had their primary last last night or yesterday, yes, and and what is going on? I mean, New York you thought it was bad now, I mean what this guy that that that was running. He's he's you know, anti Israel, anti Semitic, the far far, far left views. What he has said he's gonna do will wreck that city more than it ever has. And they still voted him to be the Democratic nominee, which you know, a lot say that's going to lead to him being the mayor. But you still have Eric Adams being an independent. They say there's a great Republican candidate that's that's going to run, But it's just in Cuomo. I think he lost out, so he's going to run as an independent too. But I just it's it's just it's bizarre. I mean, what are they doing.
Speaker 8: Well, he may not Cuomo. Maybe Cuomo may not.
Speaker 2: May not Well last night I just heard that he was probably an independent.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's thinking about stepping down out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but I don't know what he'll do. But the bottom line is, you remember he can see it last night a Democrat.
Speaker 8: It's crazy he lost. Yeah, he did so badly to this mom, Dommy, Donnie. Guys. Some of the stuff I've heard this guys, Communists, bread lines, breadlines are coming back to New York City.
Speaker 1: What is That's what I'm talking about what was the cat's name, that was the Marxist that they that they put in power, and he just took everything that Giuliani had done that cleaned up New York City and made it a place you really wanted to go to Blasio de Blasio and just ran it in the ground.
Speaker 2: And so don't New Yorkers remember how bad that was? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's like, let's do it again, but let's also added it as a radical Islamic view in there, just for just for kicks. Have y'all not seen what this has done to London? Have you not seen what this has done to Europe? And that's what's it going to do to New York City?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, y'all got to be smarter than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's bizarre to see some of these rallies he's been at and those that are attending, and that's what you voted in. Yeah, I just wow.
Speaker 8: I don't see how Western societies think that Islam works for them at all. It doesn't fit into the Western society's framework. It just doesn't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, unless you've been told that all this freedom something to be ashamed of, not proud of.
Speaker 2: Ah My goodness, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Because it is another Andy Andrews be truer b yesterday coming up here in just a few right before we get to Japan. So here's someone here travels all the time, okay all the time, and I mean they travel a lot. So let's say that you were going from Birmingham to Los Angeles. Okay, basic coach five hundred and sixty six dollars a ticket. Okay, first class nineteen hundred and eighteen dollars a ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh good night.
Speaker 1: So so there there you go. That that kind of gives you an idea the comfort. You know, they have a comfort which is in between usually be somewhere in.
Speaker 2: The middle of that, and that's a little bit more leg room, a little bit more leg that's what we had going to Dallas. Yep. But I didn't know.
Speaker 5: But it is more expensive.
Speaker 2: Stupidly, I didn't know this that Like if we just did rows, it's like one through seven is first class and eight through twelve is comfort yep, and are thirteen. So if you're on row fourteen back, you know, we were on row twelve on the way there, which was comfort yeh. And we were just one row off on the way by and Buddy his knees were at his chest. He's so tiny, he says. When it's not called comfort. Yeah, he said.
Speaker 1: Most of the Delta one is situations like you found yourself in Birge.
Speaker 2: He said. Many of those are are.
Speaker 1: Using status upgrades, mileage, et cetera. Very few people in Delta one pay the freight. They're normally earned their way there somehow, Right, So it's a different game though. Yeah, yeah, it does sound like a different game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: By the way, I didn't even mention as we were talking about the music festivals.
Speaker 2: Terrifying trend.
Speaker 1: This is out of France, but they're saying it's going on a lot of outdoor music festivals.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of the.
Speaker 1: Term of people getting needle attacks where people will come with a syringe and they'll have a drug and they'll just right there in those mobs and they'll hit you with a needle. And yah, I saw it some concert or something. A bunch of people had said they got stuck.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one hundred and forty five people at Francis Fusic.
Speaker 1: Yes, so how about that. You can't even go to a festival that's somebody needling.
Speaker 8: You twelve suspects were detained, victims a lot. Several victims were hospitalized for toxicology screening.
Speaker 1: How about that, man, I can't even go to a concert without getting needled.
Speaker 2: A weird, weird world, so speedy.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that JC, your middle son, desires to go to Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know when you know, you know, when kids are younger, you know, they always go, hey, when I I would love to go. You know, there's all destinations around the world that that all of us growing up be like, Hey, it'd be cool to go here, it would be cool to go there. Well, one of j C's best friends has some Japanese heritage deep in the family and family that's that's from there, And you said not really, uh, and and so the conversation with them has always been, Hey, that would be awesome to go visit. I think, uh, his friend's parents have done that and and all that, but he hasn't. And so j C was like, Hey, that would always be something that would be really cool to do. And so they've been looking and planning and then he he thought he was talking to us about it, just trying to find the right airline because they're like, hey, if you're going to Japan. It'd be good to fly Japan airlines, you know, all this kind of stuff. They know where they want to go, what cities they want to visit. Tokyo. Oh yeah, there, there's he's a lot of folks they mentioned a bunch a lot of folks there. He's getting ready. He's getting ready for work right now. See Okay, he might holler, but uh, and so it's getting real now. I mean it's like but I and he's really about to go. Oh yeah, they want to go this fall, uh at some point, and I would.
Speaker 8: Love to go. Have you ever been to any kind of Asian country?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Chinese? Chinese? So are you Chinese or Japanese? I've never been to China, never been to Japan. I'd love to check out one of those places, probably probably Japan. I'd go to Japan too.
Speaker 5: Do you want to go with Jays and his friend?
Speaker 8: Are they are they allowing stranger strange dudes to come with them?
Speaker 1: Look, Speedy's gonna spend that with some strange people tonight. I think now this is moving on.
Speaker 8: You need to find a listener. You need to find a listener in Japan and go spend the night there.
Speaker 2: And go how about that? That would be great? So he said, they want to visit Tokyo Osaka.
Speaker 8: I can't have my classes on and and.
Speaker 2: Kyoto Kyoto, kyot Kyoto Yo you speak at to Kyoto uh and uh so those are the three that they want to go. And and I was just I mean, there's you're.
Speaker 5: Going to go to one of those schools where they teach you how to do that onion volcano.
Speaker 2: They have a slew of things they want to do.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that's even traditional, you know.
Speaker 2: And and his friend's family is helping guide him. I I just realized I have a buddy that goes there, you know, a couple of times, a couple of times a year, A buddy, Yeah, a good friend of mine. Actually I didn't know for I have more than one friend.
Speaker 8: It seems like you have one.
Speaker 2: Like he's been there a number of times for work. Uh and and so anyway, it's it's real now. So it's it's now. It's okay, we need to start booking things and start organizing things. And they know what they want to do. But part of me just, you know, like how maybe some we ought to go to the audience because they never disappoint and maybe get you in touch with a professional that could you know, you just want to make sure you're you're staying at the right place. I know a.
Speaker 1: Travel agency and agency that's really really good, but they've never we've never gone to Japan.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: Japan is is it's like you said a minute ago, Certain travel agencies specializing certain Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you're going down the Caribbean or you're doing a cruise or whatever, they specialize in that.
Speaker 5: But Japan.
Speaker 2: I don't hear a lot of that about that, but I hear people that go say it's awesome.
Speaker 5: I can give you zero on Japan. I know nothing.
Speaker 2: But then it's strange, though I have a kid that want say yes.
Speaker 1: That is I don't and I mean, I just but but you kind of gave me the connection. At first, I was like, where did this come from?
Speaker 8: So Birmingham including Greater Birmingham has about one point one million, right, Okay, Greater Tokyo has around on forty million. Hey, so forty forty Birmingham's.
Speaker 2: Wow, good gracious wow.
Speaker 5: People paint paint me a Birmingham.
Speaker 8: Paint me a Birmingham.
Speaker 2: They were probably trying to pull Race in. They were trying to pull him in. He goes, I don't think I can get off for that because you know you can't. I mean, you can't go stay two days, come back. No, no, no, it's a that's not a three day week.
Speaker 8: No no, that's not a lot. You can't trip.
Speaker 2: So anyway, holler at me if you have some some information, or maybe that's something you specialize in.
Speaker 8: How about I do you don't know what walking tour videos are? That's just a person on YouTube just walks with a camera and they just go for a walk. I've watched actually quite a few of Tokyo.
Speaker 2: Well, I got some on that I can tell you watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what yes, today, Speedy, we'll be headed out out after the show today he had. He heads to Dublin, Georgia. Have you heard from Larry and Carolyn?
Speaker 2: Not not this not this morning. I haven't. We texted into the evening last night, back and forth. He sent me some really good pictures of his their two cats. Okay, all right, and said that he really hopes I like the song Dogs Dogs, Dogs, you like? I said, I told him we played that and I said that the artist uh is a friend on their Facebook page that sings dogs Dogs Okay, yeah, and and uh, anyway, he said, hey, talk to you tomorrow. And the plan is I just reach out when I'm headed that way, so they have an idea when I arrive.
Speaker 1: So also from from the email, Hey bird, this is Chris. Hey Chris, anybody, here's something that nobody really thought about on Larry Quest. Okay, what if Speedy gets up to Larry's and he loves it there so much he doesn't want to come back.
Speaker 2: You got me not coming back.
Speaker 1: You may get there and you won't stay a month and it's such a wonderful experience you may not want to come back. Yeah, that's what Chris said. They might have thought about that. Something to think about. And uh, here's the other one that Speedy you mentioned earlier in the program.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's that called? When you fall in love with your captors?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Something something syndrome.
Speaker 1: Now that he would have to be would stock calm stock Colm syndrome?
Speaker 2: But then he would have to be captured. No, you like an uncle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're like you do you you get you love this so much?
Speaker 1: Of course, the scenario they speak of as someone who's kidnapped, so we need to make that start.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, for their kidnappers, right, and they become a part of the group. And that's what y'all playing out.
Speaker 5: Just saying you might enjoy it so much you don't want to come back a yep.
Speaker 1: And as we mentioned earlier after this is from Michael. Michael says, after hearing yesterday's suggestion to have a regular segment where Speedy spends the night with a listener, I'm pleased to make our guest bedroom available at our home in Forest, Virginia, just the west side of Lynchburg. I don't have any patches or challenge coins, collections or anything like that, but I do have a collection of stories from mine in Speedy's time at ninety two j during the early nineties.
Speaker 2: Who is that.
Speaker 1: Back when he was just Calvin and we both had hair. There is no smoking in the house, but you're welcome to use our back deck. Anxiously anticipating your arrival. And this is from Shane Michael. Shane, oh really you remember? Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: He's now at Liberty University? Apparently also so, buddy, I think he sent us something with the graduation to him, barking trying to borrow, right, that's cool. Yeah, wow, So a lot of that played out. You know what's kind of neat with technology. You know, you can like this is new, but I mean it's getting a little bit more advanced. The street views of things. You can pull up somebody's address and they like standing in front of.
Speaker 1: Their house and pass that little car this out recording.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've done that with Larry and Carolyn, so I kind of have a good visual of where we're going. But you know, back to what Adler said going to the break, when it goes to like going to Japan. JC was looking at this one hotel and I was like, well, you know, you got you know, he was just asking for some advice and some some stuff about staying and blah blah blah. And I'm like, yeah, you just want to make sure you know, it's in a good area this that, And he's oh, it's all everything's around the corner and stuff. And I'm like, man, he really knows what's going on. And I said, what are you talking about. He goes, well, yeah, they have this this it's like a ideal or whatever. Whereas I say, a, I probably it and it's probably some some option that they have. Now, he goes, oh, yeah, I've been walking the streets uh in Japan, And I'm like, what do you mean you've been walking? Oh no, it's so real. You walk the streets like you see where everything is, and it is the technology is getting insane suggestions.
Speaker 1: Ai ai has a lot of advantages, but we better keep our own it. Yeah, pun intended. How about people are saying, why not ask mister Chin? Why don't you why don't you have why don't you have mister Chin talking? Yes, hello, Jesse, I'm mister Chin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Is Chin Chinese or Japanese?
Speaker 8: Are you Chinese or Japanese?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Which one would Chin be?
Speaker 2: I got him Japanese?
Speaker 5: Is that fish come from japanar Japan?
Speaker 8: Chinese fish?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Chinese fish? No help, it's it's China different than Japan.
Speaker 2: It is? Is it different? Wait?
Speaker 8: Siamese Siamese fighting fish.
Speaker 2: Keep hearing all this thing about these type of fish being able to fight. No, I kind of like drop another one in there and I say.
Speaker 8: Two mails and they will kill it. They'll fight to the day up there and stuff.
Speaker 1: No one, No one can take miss Chin and we can bat on them is going to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, throw down a little cash, dropping me here, mister chin to feed him in no time.
Speaker 8: So really these came from more like Cambodia, mean maar, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Okay, Walmart, let's drop another one in there.
Speaker 8: Okay, So let's do some kind of fish fight starting some kind of fish fight clubs.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have a champion and everything.
Speaker 1: Then we just keep then we just keep rotating through them. Yeah yeah, bringing another champion that would.
Speaker 2: Be a blasts going to be good. We used to make fish remember that.
Speaker 5: Oh I loved it. Yeah, it was just fantastic.
Speaker 2: We get them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: So Adam, you have a video six that has something to do with Japan. Yes, and we just talked about you so wanting to go. There's a competition to know which bike has the most irritating noise.
Speaker 5: What does this mean?
Speaker 8: So there's these motorcycle dudes in Japan. They take these like Japanese street bikes, soup them up to almost turn them into like a chopper kind of look and uh with old school, big old high rise look seats on them and they get together. You could ride on the back and they evaluate who's got the most annoying sound?
Speaker 10: Sound?
Speaker 8: That one's annoying? That real annoying. Please look at these bikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why is that gonna have a mascot?
Speaker 2: Good question? Chick good. That's the winner, right, there's your winner.
Speaker 8: Wow, chicken dinner.
Speaker 2: So the weirder, the more irritating it sounds, the better you know, is you know how these Japanese are? Yeah? Wow? I mean did they actually ride them or they sit there and do that all day?
Speaker 8: Well know, they ride them to greg the way.
Speaker 2: They have that little seat for whoever's riding on the back. It's a tall it's a tall seat bag. You can lean back. I knew you. Yeah, no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 8: Man, these bikes are cool. I used to have It wasn't all souped up like that.
Speaker 2: But I didn't have one of these.
Speaker 8: I had handed Nighthawk. You see how it's got the four uh exhaust pipes coming out the front. Four exhaust pipes coming out the front. I had that same set set up on the first or it was, man, it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 8: It was at nineteen eight. It was older than I was.
Speaker 2: I got around make that sound.
Speaker 8: It wasn't all souped up like that. No, it was more just like, do you have that on the back of it?
Speaker 1: I always heard that sound every time Greg grabs another fritter. No top to jumping the ramp again.
Speaker 8: Oh, here's Greg going for a fritter, Grab a cinnamon roll.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll come back, We'll go. Unscreen phone calls. Our first check in with you today. All ten lines open. Here's a number eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox. We chat with you America. Unscreened phone calls coming up right after this, we continue, Hello, Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 2: Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, what's going on? Bro? Hey, I'm digging the new show man. It's really awesome. Thanks, But you guys are killing you. Guys are killing me a little bit. It's gorner because I've got I've seen everybody in concert, you know, I've seen everybody. But I've never been to a festival before. But just last week I bought Yeah, and just last week I bought passes for the Saint Petersburg Country Music Festival. And between the needles and all the other stuff, you guys have got. You guys, you got to kill me. What can I expect or what do I need to do to prepare. The good thing is it didn't think it's well, we're catching a little bit of break because it's the week of November the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 11: Yeah so so so the heat. The heat, I mean, it can still be plenty warm in Saint Pete in November, but not quite as bad as it is right now. So hey, man, I'll I'll take all the advice you can, you guys can give me about these festivals and take it off there. But hey, love to love the new show, love the old show, but this is it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 11: It's good to hear you guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love those show too, and and and we love the New Woman and you know, enjoy it all.
Speaker 12: Bob.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you're going into it at your first festival, I like November Saint Petersburg should be shouldn't be too bad.
Speaker 2: But you you just have.
Speaker 1: To understand that, you know, no one, no one uh is socially aware. People will be they'll be loud, they'll spill things on you.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch that. Feel dirty. Yeah, you will feel dirty. Uh, you stink.
Speaker 1: You'll want to shower multiple times when it's over. Uh, but I say, just you know, enjoy it, go in for the needle.
Speaker 2: Try not to be.
Speaker 1: Somewhere where you're standing the whole time. I'd love to see you in some sort of seat. But these outdoor festivals usually you stand, don't you.
Speaker 8: We got a lot of standing. Sit down when you can get it. Get your schedule, look ahead, look ahead and see what stages where it looks like Red Clay Stres or the headliner. By the way, all right, this festival coming up.
Speaker 2: Ain't no ain't no one like me love us.
Speaker 8: Even tried getting like best you've ever given me. A screenshot on your phone. Get a screenshot of your on your phone of the schedule and which stage they're on, so you can kind of plan like this, this this, and uh it's hard, but don't be afraid to catch the beginning of a band that you like and then leave and go go easy. They try to schedule it, but it's okay, it's okay. That's the point of the music festival to see a bunch of different acts and and plan your your path and your walking and and what who that way you can miss the least amount. That's just my advice.
Speaker 1: And one thing I will say, gonna go a little bit dad here, a little bit serious. So, but I want to help out our brother that was so kind to us. Pick Pocketing is real. Have your stuff secure, keep stuff in your front pocket, don't have stuff in your back pocket. Keep nowing you stuff with a pickpocket up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. That's the dad, and the benefit of not having them. Your pick pockets actually have a I hate speedy club. I noticed George Strait is not on the lineup, so you won't be able to get a nap.
Speaker 1: Oh. Greg, Oh, that's gonna be my new thing. I'm gonna tell mom, and if she likes George Straight, that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be my I don't like George Straight.
Speaker 1: We continue Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, thank you morning.
Speaker 13: I just had a quick question for y'all. I all heard about the guy that's been going around Birmingham, Alabama. Uh, stealing all the police tires off of the police cars.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I'm not familiar with that. What don't you just steal tires off any car in the world. Yeah, I know, I haven't heard.
Speaker 13: It's just the police stars and I hear that they're working tirelessly to figure out who's doing how I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to tell you that speaking of Dad's hi. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, he.
Speaker 8: Pressed it lous on on the can.
Speaker 1: That's the same guy, Okay, same guy from yesterday.
Speaker 2: Upset. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead to you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, man, speedy, you gonna you boy if it goes to Tokyo, he's gonna deal with the new DK. And he don't got friends, he's got family.
Speaker 2: Who's that? I don't know? New DK? What does that mean?
Speaker 8: I hope we're not saying something bad.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't. I just hope he's got a star ID.
Speaker 8: The new Donkey Kong game. Is that what he's talking about?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Yeah, his passport is is good. So we're we're good there. Yeah, I don't need to get too bad? Goes it? Why he has a star and passport, but why have too? This is the Rick Burgess Show. Thank you for being with us, all right? So we we weren't hip enough.
Speaker 1: It was everybody said that was a Fast and Furious reference. I don't know anything about fast and furious and Adler tried to make us feel better by claiming it was an old movie that we shouldn't have felt responsible to know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, thats Tokyo Drift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a drift king.
Speaker 8: I'm the new drift king in town or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Never, I've never watched one Fast and Furious?
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I have zero interest in I don't like cars. I'm not into cars. My heart, I'm not into cars.
Speaker 8: Hey, how about you don't have to be two thousand.
Speaker 5: And six Fast and Furious All about race.
Speaker 8: Came out in two thousand cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, but it's not. It's it's an action movie.
Speaker 8: It's about family, is what it's about.
Speaker 2: Hey, it is about family. And if you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it not a bunch of cars?
Speaker 2: But anyway? Cars? Who says I don't like cars? I don't that. I couldn't care less about that.
Speaker 13: Sad.
Speaker 2: But when you don't have to be into cars. But I'm just saying, most people don't walk around going I don't like cars.
Speaker 1: I don't like I don't like to watch anything about cars. Like Jay len On, I don't have lunch with it's.
Speaker 8: Always ever gonna talk about to me, you can't claim to be handy and not like cars.
Speaker 2: Mutually exclusive.
Speaker 1: So now I feel there's pressure for me to be a mechanic too.
Speaker 8: Just to pretend to be like cars. You have to If you're going to pretend to be handy, you have to pretend to like cars.
Speaker 1: By the way, this new handy movement I'm on got a lot of people talking. It's pulled us new sponsors. It's it's going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Right, But they I think it's because they all know you're not handy, and you're just saying the two eaches on. Yeah right.
Speaker 1: I never claimed I was going to try to start being a mechanic. Is that my next thing?
Speaker 2: Look, look Fast and Furious. Yes, it's a It has cars as the main element to whatever they're doing, but it's more than that. It's just a part of it. What do you know about it? I've watched them, Yeah, Yeah, we watched the series. Yeah, oh, I watched Fast and Furious. I guess I'm fasting a little bit furious. There's a number of them, now, there's a bunch of them. I can't. I just don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not drawn to that.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, we're drag racing in the street with the whole thing. The whole thing is you don't mess with family. That's the whole point of it.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't mess with the family's car.
Speaker 2: No, it's the families of the people that are there. If you what.
Speaker 5: What is the fasting reference to?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 8: Fast? Fast, curious fast warriors fast? What cars fast? And they live fast?
Speaker 2: What do you Tracy Chapman little fast?
Speaker 8: I young?
Speaker 2: I want to go this way. I don't like watching car chases.
Speaker 1: They go too long. Don't give me a quick car chase. It's okay, a little shorter. They're going too much. Yeah, like a mission impossible. I'm like, let's get it back in the airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I will say this.
Speaker 8: There is you want? So you want mission possible? Then is what you want?
Speaker 2: Like cannibal run.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you said. You don't like smoking the bandit?
Speaker 2: Smoking the bandit? That's different? Well, how's it different? Car chases are done? You're right, but it's they don't dive through buildings and everything. It's not. It looks like a legit car chase.
Speaker 1: Okay, it looks like I could be having on when they jumped that bridge.
Speaker 2: Now, goes off in the last few Fast and Furious. You're like, okay, well that but the only early ones. When did you become such a passionate about fast and furious? I'm just saying, y'all, something you've talked about something you never even seen, Daddy, Well, you've never even seen a.
Speaker 8: Fast You don't don't. You don't talk about family like that. You don't talk about family.
Speaker 2: I know what I did, like what was the onean Nicholas cage and in sixty seconds?
Speaker 8: That's a good Yes, that's a good one. I went to do that for my birthday in theaters.
Speaker 5: So you're saying it's a fast and furious family.
Speaker 8: They're good, they're fast and furious and their family.
Speaker 2: What am I furious about their family?
Speaker 8: Or they're incredibly furious?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm furious about what my fast car or my family?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, you try out drift me, Rick, I'm the drifting.
Speaker 8: The series kind of lost it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sliding drifting has called you never said so that's not gonna get me to Atlanta any quicker.
Speaker 8: Hey, So the series, I will say, the series kind of lost its way a little bit. And actually it was about street racing cars. And then somehow Ludacris, who starts the series by being like the street race organizer you know, three or four movies in somehow he's now like a spy that's like hacking into the mainframe. And like, I'm like, wait a second, when did Ludacris become like a computer hacker? Because now he's in that role in this movie? When did that happen?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: And so they kind of become superheroes rather than at the beginning of their street drifters. But it's fun to watch their transformation and their family.
Speaker 2: And their family and then you know, and somebody's even alluded to it. Yeah, when Paul Walker died, everything kind of changed a little bit in that series. But which is very it's the way he died was crazy.
Speaker 8: He died in a street race, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Did he not realize he was just an actor? Not here was a passenger in it?
Speaker 8: He was a passenger in a car and it here here's the wreck, right, I mean it is a mangled pile of.
Speaker 2: No surviving that one. Wow.
Speaker 8: But yeah, it's like he was like living the real, real life of a street racer and it cost him.
Speaker 1: So that's why you continue to watch the series, and that's why.
Speaker 5: So everyone's furious about his death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't like Smoking the band, That smoking band. You don't have car chase.
Speaker 1: That's the only one that does have good car chase. I don't like one with a bunch of effects. I love anything from that day because they couldn't fake it with this CG stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you would like Fast and Furious, and you would like too Fast too Furious. You probably wouldn't like Tokyo Drift. They started going computer animation.
Speaker 2: That's when you lost me.
Speaker 1: That's when you you bring up computer generated action, you'll lose that one over there in a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what I talking about the Battle of Midway.
Speaker 1: Rick go Gosh, I love Here we Go released the crack.
Speaker 2: I want you to sit down and watch the first Fast and Furial, just the first you can forget that down to do. She'll sit down and watch it. No, I can see her right now. Watch she's watching Pounds Sisters. She'll watch that.
Speaker 1: She thinks it's funny. So in the in fact, she actually is the one that got me watching it. So about that you mentioned in the break that is Weird You mentioned the break that you heard there's a Kiss movie this being but please tell us let's talk about something that they said, Jonahs, the Jonas brothers will be playing Paul Stanley. They haven't said, Greg, there's no way.
Speaker 2: There's no way that. I don't know if that's final, but that's that's out there.
Speaker 5: Greg, Where did you say that?
Speaker 1: First of all, there's a movie coming out about Kiss, and what's Jonas?
Speaker 8: He's supposed Nicky's supposed to set to star as.
Speaker 2: As Paul Stanley and Jonas. Yes, I can't wait to see who the other ones are. Wow, Oh you think I won't be watching that movie? You're wrong?
Speaker 9: And the car chasing it shout it out loud. Chasing though, shout it out loud to the name of the movie. Yeah, he would be doing the vocals and this will be the glory of Kiss. It's not like when Kiss. It's not like when Kiss took over the Carnival.
Speaker 1: It's not that is no, it ain't the Phantom of the What was it called was domonstration part It's so it's so beautifully stupid. Listen, I read you know, I'm a threat to read a book about bands and stuff and when they were making that movie. Uh, Ace had a wreck or something drunk. Any whether it's the scene in the movie, if you'll look, it's supposed to be him, and it's it's it's like an Asian person with his makeup on and then they're fighting and stuff and it's not even him, just because.
Speaker 2: He was there. Yeah, he crashed the car and didn't get there, by the way.
Speaker 1: And did you know I told Greg today, and did you know that New York Groove was a cover? I did not that the band had already done that song before Ah freely solo album New York Groove. I always I didn't think he wrote it, only had any of the solo album. Yeah, but I didn't know it was actually a cover, something from another band that had already done it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I kind of wish I didn't know. You remember when they came out with those albums. I remember Store and the Hell Out to Quit Tard Maul, Yeah Up.
Speaker 8: Glam rock band Hello released New York Groove in seventy five. Ace Freely did it in seventy eight for a solo album.
Speaker 2: There You're Going.
Speaker 1: Didn't know it was a cover, had no idea either. I thought it was, and it's not. He didn't vary it a whole lot. It s They pretty much did it the same way. I mean, cooler, I'll tell you that he did.
Speaker 2: But but that's it.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know there was a Kiss movie coming out. Somebody said Jack Black is going to play Jean Simon. They're gonna have to give him some stilts. But I wonder who would play Gene.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, do you know you're going for well, do you think they go with they? Are they going to go with people that look like them? And the acting is first musical talent second? Yes, since they stepped out and Jonas actually is a musician and they claim is going to do the thing.
Speaker 2: And did the other actors have to be musicians too?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yes, he got to.
Speaker 1: He's got to be like Paul though I don't want to hear Nick Jonas in the makeup.
Speaker 2: He's got to. I would have see these people here.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I mean he's gonna have to. He's got to go past hmmm.
Speaker 8: He have to be the same age as Nick Jonas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what about these people over here?
Speaker 8: What was that movie that they remade with Lady Gaga and stars Morn, Stars Morn. That's good. It bothered. It was good, but it bothers me in those scenes when you can tell they're just not quite right, you know what I'm saying. As far as playing a guitar solo or singing or rocking and dancing.
Speaker 1: It thought the music was good, it was he wasn't quite I know what you're saying.
Speaker 8: The shredding on guitar was was off and that bothered me. And it shouldn't bother me, but it did.
Speaker 2: But it should.
Speaker 1: Andy Andrews coming up next segment. Andy will be here for Bechu or bs. There he is standing outside the door right now. I see him. There's Andy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you can win, if you can, if you can guess correctly, uh, then you'll get your shot at the wheel there he comes ruck there And so Andy Andrews has just arrived on the scene in the house. And guess guess how I knew it was here.
Speaker 2: I noticed him. I noticed that. I get it. So I've asked Larry to call and now he's calling my cell phone. No, Larry, Larry called our studio line all the show. We're okay, Thank you, buddy. All right, my new buddy, Sir Sweedy, Sweety leaves. Speedy leaves today.
Speaker 1: Watch Andy's face he goes to spend the night with Larry and Carolyn over in Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yes, then you ask how does he know them? Well, he don't.
Speaker 5: He does not know them.
Speaker 2: He made mess.
Speaker 1: They're strangers that listen to the show and invited Speedy to come stay with.
Speaker 2: Him, and why not. And we kind of invited ourselves to we we said we were coming over.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think we were the whole reasons fact Andy has got so into it. Any of you out there that are Andy Andrews fans, you always want Andy to come over for the weekend, Just email us and.
Speaker 2: We'll set it up. You'll set up the evening with Andy. Larry, y'all getting excited.
Speaker 8: Buddy, really Prick ask you.
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm right here.
Speaker 12: My voice, I know it sounds.
Speaker 2: Weird, Yes it does.
Speaker 8: But is there a.
Speaker 12: Ready to change my voice on the radio station?
Speaker 5: See, Larry, let me help you here. This that's the last thing I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why, Because that's what makes you a character on the show. That's what makes you unique. It's what makes you interesting, what makes you funny. You do not want to sound just like everybody else, then you won't be as interesting as you are.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: We love you, Larry.
Speaker 2: I know it's awesome.
Speaker 12: I've always hated my voice.
Speaker 2: Oh look, we've all hated ours.
Speaker 1: It didn't stop us from good right, none of us listens to it back and go oh. Every day when I go to like breakdown film and I'm listening to the archives, the things we could do better? How did that go? Did that work? I'm always like, why are we? Why am I even on the ear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So don't don't don't don't let that get to you. Don't don't take your uniqueness and just be so willing to throw out there and just become bland.
Speaker 2: Yeah you be, Larry, you Larry.
Speaker 8: We all have things we don't like about ourselves. I hate my growth plates.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Adler, which is he was taller. I wish I had hair. I wish I had better hair. I wish I had big legs.
Speaker 12: Right, I wish I had hair too, edgy.
Speaker 1: Though I'm right there bargaining at When Speedy shows up, you'll you'll notice his legs. Of men, You'll think to yourself. You know what, let's all be thankful for where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he must be kin to it kill.
Speaker 12: But yeah, Carolyn and I definitely we were excited about Speedy being here.
Speaker 2: Are you sure, because if I mean, are you still good with it? I don't want to intrude.
Speaker 12: Speedy Carolyn is right here.
Speaker 13: Okay, like you said, you're not intruding at all. We invited you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I cannot wait to see you guys. And he's bad to take a drink, I'll stop it.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think, as I was texting with with Larry yesterday, Carolyn, Uh, what's so crazy about this is this is the first time a staff member has ever left driven over four hours and to spend the night with a listener at their homes. So then, yeah, so I think that adds a lot to it. That's why they're acting like y'all gonna eat me and stuff like that. Yeah, we're just kidding.
Speaker 12: But the thing years this could be a trend.
Speaker 2: Speedy visits absolutely, Yeah, yeah, Speedy slips. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Greg in the mid eighties, you know he at times would spend the night with strangers, but not on purpose.
Speaker 2: I was just waking up. But who are you.
Speaker 12: Ask Gadler?
Speaker 8: Real quick question, got Adler.
Speaker 12: We have a E Machine drive that broke. We have a bunch of our pictures on it, our honeymoon pictures in Alaska, everything is on it. Do you think you could try to get it? Get the pictures off privilege for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you could.
Speaker 8: The Machines was a brand of personal computers.
Speaker 1: So you you think Adlers should go with Speedy, then you'll gonna need him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had the little little work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay. E Machines were discontinued in twenty thirteen, so customer support it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why there's there's you.
Speaker 8: That's what he's asking.
Speaker 2: He's on you to fix it.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what, I'll take a shot at it.
Speaker 2: No, Rick, Rick.
Speaker 8: Kind of handy you're pretending to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Larry, I want you to know that the listeners of this show and the viewers, they are so excited about this trip. They are so intrigued with you and Carolyn. So you need to understand that's a good thing. That's nothing, that's not a negative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: It's a good thing about that, you know things I need to my voice sounded.
Speaker 1: If your voice sounded normal, I probably would have never called you back. Right, Let's just get honest to that. That's what makes you special. I thought we found ourselves a character for the show. Come on, this is a pause. Why do you think I let Andy Andrews own? It's not cause he's normal, It's not because.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you heard Hoby Gary? We love Gary Gary character. Rick makes fun of Gary constantly. I mean, what if Gary didn't talk like yes? I mean you think he did to be on the show.
Speaker 12: Right right, that's here put Rick's right, juring the night, but love drive over to Birmingham, be on your show. But the j is, uh, how can we do it and surprise you and just pop in?
Speaker 2: Let's not say yeah because he's like paying you back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can say with speedy.
Speaker 2: No, here's the deal. Here's the deal. When we have surprises for Rick, Greg is always the one that you go through. Uh, and you text with Greg, you organize it with Greg, and then you pop in and surprise Rick. And normally people stay down at Rick's farm when that Happens's Craig Okay.
Speaker 1: What you could do, though, is just keep working through Lee leegh. I know you talked to her every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, that's that.
Speaker 1: Uh So, Larry, I want to ask you one thing before we go to the break and get excited.
Speaker 2: About tonight and tomorrow. Are you transitioning from patches to sleds?
Speaker 1: Because I'm not. I don't like this transition. I like you as the patch man. I'm not crazy with the slid thing.
Speaker 12: So there, we're not transitioning from patches, just slaid. We love both patches and dog sleds.
Speaker 2: All right. See, I'm gonna be with him tonight. That Carolyn.
Speaker 12: Carolyn and I met actually over a dog sled race.
Speaker 5: See what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Here we go. I can't wait to hear about that story, the whole story, and leave nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I want to.
Speaker 2: I want y'all's life story. How you met, fell in love, first kiss, ba, stuff like that.
Speaker 8: I flew down here.
Speaker 12: I had never seen her face to face until when I flew down.
Speaker 1: So you're pretty good at reaching out to people and then kind of coaxing them into your house.
Speaker 2: You know what you fell in love with?
Speaker 12: I love it. I never even talk to I've only we on need catched back and forth on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Oh she didn't fall in love with your boys? Thought, maybe that's what it might be. Real quick, we're going to break Larry. I don't know if you can hear the bed is are we still having meat loaf? I mean, what are we having? I'm sorry roast roast good? Well, y'all are very sweet that it should be our guest than your guests live live from your home tomorrow. Nothing weird about that. No, we'll be back. Andy Andrews is next. Well you knew Andy was back here. Come let's go Andy? Is this bas or is the story?
Speaker 4: Rea?
Speaker 2: Love my son?
Speaker 8: And are you here?
Speaker 2: Is the story?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 1: If you want to take on Andy Dallas now eight eight eighth the number six Big box today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got beat up pretty bad two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the audience say, it's just like I thought the wheel was just going We're gonna have to replace.
Speaker 10: It home and probably was ashamed of that. And you can see buddy, good to see you, good to see you, and I gotta I got I've got to say I don't like cars either, thank you. And I've never seen a Fast and Furious movie.
Speaker 2: But you're still You're still a man's man, Andy, that is like cars. I don't either. Yeah. I mean you know, so y'all ride around saying I don't like cars.
Speaker 10: No, we just we're riding around not noticing them.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying you have to be to like cars to be a man. I'm just saying, don't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm saying I won't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, right, yeah, I mean, what do you want us to do enter a fight club or something.
Speaker 8: I just don't tell nobody. It means it.
Speaker 1: Means that we're not interested in the topic of cars. It doesn't mean we don't understand their necessity. We got them, and I'd rather be in a dependable, nice car. But it kind of stops right there.
Speaker 8: That's fine, that's okay, Just don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Like if Jay Leno were to bte you and I to lunch, we wouldn't go, right unless you wanted to talk maybe just funny.
Speaker 10: About chins and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that that he would be helpful.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna do now is let people as they're getting lined up, Greg's getting ready to go, I want to say thank you how much fun sharing I had was it a week before last Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, two weeks ago.
Speaker 10: We loved having y'all down.
Speaker 2: That was a blast.
Speaker 1: Went down to the Andy Andrews compound in the beautiful Orange Beach, Alabama, and got to meet the beautiful staff there and wonderful people, and got to see your store.
Speaker 2: Man, I love that store. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It's kind of half museum half store.
Speaker 1: You know, some of some of the stuff he's got in there. From a museum standpoint, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: He's got the phone, Sarah, get me courthouse. He's got that phone from Mayberry.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I got four phones from the show.
Speaker 2: Are you serious.
Speaker 10: I've got the I've got the phone that was in the Taylor living Room season one, the Taylor living Room season two, three, four and five.
Speaker 2: I've got the.
Speaker 10: One from Wally's gas station where Goober's on the phone and and Andy says, if if I come back in that car still in that courthouse, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: You have that.
Speaker 10: I have that, And I have one of the phones they used in the courthouse. And I have Floyd's barber brush. I have ant Bee's pearls. I have what's left of ant Bee's china. I have Brisco Darling's jug How about this?
Speaker 5: I didn't know all and some and some really cool stuff.
Speaker 10: And I say, for somebody don't like a car, I have the squad car from the second in season.
Speaker 2: Where you have the squad car. Where is it?
Speaker 10: It's in Nashville right now. It's being repaired or being redone.
Speaker 5: Or where you're going to put it.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I'm just gonna have it.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've driven it around on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: And you know, do you like cars? No?
Speaker 10: I like I like that car show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the greatest shows, if not the greatest TV show ever.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's definitely definitely do you.
Speaker 2: Know that something that and we kind of got away from it. Uh, but right before bed sometimes you know, when you're going pretty hard for the day and sometimes it's it's tough to just kind of come down and just relax. And those episodes are not long. I mean, they're only what commercials and uh, from time to time we'll try to watch an episode before bed.
Speaker 10: On me TV from six to seven to two episodes a night Me TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's and it's it's kind of was a part of our team for a while and it will kind of get you out. Do you know that?
Speaker 10: You know, Netflix and everything keeps track of how many hours I watched? And do you know that if you think of all the shows that have been in existence, and think of all the shows that are being tracked now, if if the Andrew Griffith Show was on the air now, it would rank sixtieth in the Nielsen's Today right now. Wow wow, yeah, over over three billion viewing hours a year.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Top hondo and a lot of people and a lot of people that we showed pictures from being in the studio, which the podcast came out yesterday, so if you haven't seen it, Andy Andrews the noticer, uh and so that podcast is available now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then we showed pictures of you and me in the studio and people love that that console, yeahs. And how the legs are all these different books and and that that what is the wood on top?
Speaker 10: That's an oak slab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that. That's so cool.
Speaker 5: And Andy took all those pictures by the way that are around there and he'll take a picture.
Speaker 2: Andy'll have a picture.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well rounded, yeah, just Andy Andrews dot com. And you could put your put your your email address in there and we'll send you the show every Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: So it's it's it's out right now, all right. So let's let's see if we can get one in and then we'll come back and finish up. We just want to catch up first, all right, all right, So Derek called first, Hey, Derek, how you doing, buddy.
Speaker 2: Good? How you do it?
Speaker 1: So here's your categories, Derek, pick one and then you tell us whether you think it be true or or bs. Get it right, and you get to spend the wheel. History, traffic, law, biology, the law, historical science.
Speaker 11: Let's go with science, historical.
Speaker 10: Science, Andy go, okay, here we go. The history of science is full of failed therapies, ridiculous experiments, revised textbooks, and rewritten hypotheses. Even Nobel Prize winners, the people often viewed as the best science has to offer, can eventually be discredited. Take, for example, the nineteen twenty seven Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to Julius Jorag for treating syphilis by infecting patients with malaria. Doctor jurreg An, Austrian psychiatrist, having seen a patient seemingly healed after a high fever caused by a bacterial infection. This created an intense interest in using the fever as a treatment. Doctor Jurig believed the highest survivable fever might be induced in patients by giving the malaria. Then, when the syphilis was cured, he intended to treat the malaria with quinine. Doctor Jurig was hailed a medical hero and awarded the note Bill Prize. About a year later, a peculiar bacteria killing mold called penicillum was discovered, and by the mid twentieth century it was widely discontinued, which or was widely available, which led to malaria therapy being discontinued.
Speaker 2: Be true or be us wow?
Speaker 11: Oh boy boy, you good. Oh, I'm gonna say, shoot, I'm gonna say, is.
Speaker 10: It's true?
Speaker 5: He won't the noble time.
Speaker 1: Look at that smile of sorry Derek, and when he was giving syphilist patients and malaria. I hate to tell you where the mosquite a bit people, so you want to.
Speaker 2: Know, and that's gonna feel good.
Speaker 10: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good first inning, so you'll stop stretch out a little bit. So he will be updating you via his Instagram. So follow Speedy on his story Today news headlines watch the at what at Calvin at Speedy at Calvin Speedy on Instagram headline team with unnamed condition can't eat any food.
Speaker 2: Can't eat any food now.
Speaker 1: Baffling doctors worldwide. They can't figure out what's wrong with this kid. Can't eat food.
Speaker 2: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: A teenager unable to eat any food at all, has a condition that is so rare. None doctor said, they haven't found anyone else with the same alment.
Speaker 2: So you're the only person in the world. Wow.
Speaker 1: Finley Rnson, fourteen years old, was born with an extreme response.
Speaker 2: To all food.
Speaker 1: His body reacts as if it was a virus, causing him to bleed internally.
Speaker 5: Wow, good night.
Speaker 2: That ain't good.
Speaker 1: So wow, it's a rare condition wherein he cannot have any fat of any kind in his stomach.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it says it's impacted my life. He's talking now, as I've not been able to eat any food or drink anything other than water.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: His digestive system cannot tolerate lipids, which are fatty compounds or oils that are found in food. Oh, how about you have something and they go as far as we know, we can't find anybody else that has.
Speaker 2: Nobody nobody and they last future whatever. So he's from England. He's been in a London hospital.
Speaker 1: He was taken there when he was four, and they have found a way to put a central line fed different nutrients and minerals and they put this straight into his heart. Oh Man said it was a game changer and he started putting on wade and became a happy, bouncing little boy at that point. But this is they have not found a way to solve it, and it says we're unsure what the future looks like. It says we have to bypass and get his body nutrients. We have to bypass the gastro intestinal track completely.
Speaker 2: Wow, mano kid tough.
Speaker 8: I can't believe he's made it this long.
Speaker 2: I mean that no fritters think about that, Greg. I think the things he misses out on. I know this reminds me.
Speaker 8: I remember watching a video when I was a kid of this this family that had two kids that were allergic to sunlight. What and like they had to dress them in like special space uh like outfits for them to be able to go play and run outside. And it's like super rare.
Speaker 2: So what's the what's the boy in the bubble situation? John?
Speaker 1: He played that, by the way, one of the funniest Seinfeld episodes, Bubble Boy, because they're so irreverent, because that show could be on the air now because nothing's funny anymore. But when when they got there and the boy in the bubble was a jerk, Yeah, just pretty much.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, it's the moops.
Speaker 5: And so uh that was that.
Speaker 1: But so what what they have, certainly what is their situation the the Bubble kids?
Speaker 8: Is that all the bubble Boy David Vedder and he was an American boy with severe combined immuno.
Speaker 1: Deficiency, so everything could kill him, right, Yeah, they couldn't couldn't fight anything.
Speaker 8: Anything could kill you. Weakens the immune system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the end of that movie, John Travolta walked out but in the Bubble no, huh, in the end he steps out. I know it wasn't based on it, it was inspired, but he just get tired of inside. Yeah, I'd rather do this. That guy that he liked was out there and he walked out there and that's how it ended. So it took him out. No, it just showed it didn't show. You assume that, you assume that that he chose to have he chose to have a moment with her, then to live to remembers the chance that he had outgrown it. Then they kissed through the bubble once they did. It's weird, go to the beach on the bubble.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And Jake Gillenhall, he was in the movie Bubble Boy.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, a little different, a little different, a little different.
Speaker 8: That wasn't as serious of a take on it.
Speaker 2: So the John Travolta was one of them. Made for TV movies. Greg, I remember it.
Speaker 8: Oh, the boy in the Plastic bubble. Yeah, oh, here he is in his spacesuit stepping out.
Speaker 2: Look at that yep, yep. And I remember that.
Speaker 8: I'm kissing through them quiet so hot.
Speaker 2: Uh so.
Speaker 1: This was before Saturday Night Fever in Greece, the major role as the boy in the Plastic But well, you know, Greg has gone from being you know, Maynard Jackson, you know, for the mayor of Atlanta, and now Maynard how did you say his name of the famous Uh think that was.
Speaker 5: It Maynard Jackson. I think it was something like that.
Speaker 2: And uh so, now Greg's become the John Travo to Ba Bao.
Speaker 1: John's had quite a career. He has where do you where do you put him in? Like, hey, he's in something, I'll give it a look. Well, you know, now he's done gotten kind of Nicholas case. He's in so many. I mean Rick, the one he was in that that was based at the tall Digga dirt track. You know, did you ever say that one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: It was any good? Not really, but I mean they film the whole thing right now.
Speaker 1: What is he doing in it? He's a he's a race car driver. He took that the best one when he's a line.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the line you love that? Great? That's about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be right back. The show eats like some of that. Remember the liver King grind? Yeah, I started. There's a special about it. Didn't he wasn't he a fraud? Yes, taking steroids and act like what.
Speaker 8: Yes, his whole empire fell because of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I didn't know that all right, So so he was exposed as a fraud.
Speaker 2: He was. He would eat some gross stuff too.
Speaker 8: Boy, he'd eat like bone, marrow, raw and and all kinds of you know.
Speaker 2: But he was a fake livers. He was the liver king, right, So, yeah, so he was huge.
Speaker 8: The whole thing was I'm not juicing, I'm all natural, and.
Speaker 2: And he was juicing, and he was totally juicy and eating all kinds of gross.
Speaker 1: Now he's got people eating liver and all this kind of stuff when he was.
Speaker 8: All a fake, right, he was a fake. He was a fraud.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't even like cooked liver. I wouldn't eat raw liver, I know, eat it right out of the animal. Wow, he would. He would cut it out all right.
Speaker 1: So he's now been arrested for terroristic threat after calling out Joe Rogan and some bizarre Instagram video.
Speaker 2: Uh there you.
Speaker 1: Calling him the controversial fitness influencer Brian Johnson thought he's saying crazy DC. Different guy, different guy. But so apparently he threatened Joe Rogan. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Rogan dogged him out about it.
Speaker 8: Well when when he was at his top, the whole thing was is liver king juicing. And as a guy that has to talk about this all the time because in sports, juicing is a really big deal and in the UFC, if you're juicing, you have a huge advantage and you can hurt people all that. So Rogan kind of talks about that already. He talks about supplements all the time. He's very honest about what he takes, so that adds to it. And Rogan was like, that guy has the body of a guy on steroids, which he did. He had the steroid kind of gut bloat that comes with takings to those steroids. And so his whole liver King's whole kingdom comes crashing down after it's revealed that he's he was spending like ten grand a month on steroids.
Speaker 2: So why is he just now threatening Rogan?
Speaker 8: He is having a mental.
Speaker 2: Break because of the steroids. Probably real, ro roy Rage, very real. There's a whole special on this on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh really, God, liver King. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 8: They did it one off, just like the the one off on Brett Favre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ok yeah, okay, and seven watched the one on Brett.
Speaker 2: Just don't want to it's too paint.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't want to see your friend get bashed like that, but it's it's it's pretty obvious that the liver King is having some kind of mental break. Unfortunately he is, uh.
Speaker 2: Is this him? With the beard. Yes, he's a month and I kind.
Speaker 7: Of hope that if you win, that's how it happens, because like to wake.
Speaker 2: Up from that dream, that's good feeling. And then anything else that you could break on me.
Speaker 8: Talking about Joe breaking on me, I hope that you won't feel me tapped.
Speaker 2: That's never happening tapping because I have something actually to fight for. Actually, that's my family.
Speaker 7: I have a principle to fight for.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm uh. Oh, well, what if he actually does what he's saying? What if? What if? That would be interesting. So it's just lots of Yeah, but they've arrested him.
Speaker 1: He's been arrested by the Austin Police, uh and charge with terroristic threat. Yeah, because of this bizarre video. And so there they come, they're coming to get him, right, Yeah, they cuffed him up. Yeah, he's cuffed and stuffed. I know she'll wear the hood in the hoodie there he goes.
Speaker 8: Well, he he is kind of balding, which you know whatever care.
Speaker 1: Well, Well, the reason why we have this now thing terroristic threat, the reason why this stuff is serious and you know.
Speaker 2: We know about this and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: But now when you go on social media, even if you are just mad or whatever and you're not going to do anything, you can incite people anywhere you know that they're not as.
Speaker 2: Stable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And even if you don't mean anything by it, or you're just angry and you say things that are irresponsible. The reason why they now have this new charge is you could be on your Facebook page, you could be on Instagram, you could be on whatever, take talk, but you could incite anybody. Yeah, you know, and and that's why they're starting to give people some sort of way to stop this. So so anyway, so that's also we had Bernie Sanders was owned with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: In two A here. He's also he's a lot of lever. Yes he does, but we don't know that.
Speaker 1: Rogan kind of went after him a few times and well correct him. This one is about Elin. But he also went after him on on global warming. Man made global warming too, which you know Rogan, I think it's credit to him. He just kind of takes these things out and researches them and doesn't really buy anybody's view and kind of goes out and sees if it's and investigates them. But here he is talking to Bernie about Elon Musk because Bernie has been critical of Eline.
Speaker 7: Of course, the result of that decision. Let's take us to where we are today, is that Elon Musk. And I know Elon was on your show and he's here at Losson Huh yeah, okay, And we could talk about alone. But he spent two hundred and seventy million dollars to elect Trump as president. Okay, I think that's absurd that any one person.
Speaker 10: What's the most someone donated towards the hair campaign.
Speaker 7: They spent a lot of money on Harris's We.
Speaker 10: Spent one point five billion dollars just the course of a couple of months.
Speaker 7: You got it, all right, let me talk about it. So I'm not here just to say it's a republic and that's my point view right, okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Change you changed your point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 8: Now that's my point.
Speaker 2: Oh you did your homework. I'm sorry I didn't realize it. Yeah. Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Don't miss tomorrow, Speedy spending the night with Larry and Carolyn. What's happened? We get the live update tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch.
Speaker 2: Us live and archived on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.