Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Billy Joel's wife alexis thanking fans for all of their support amid the piano Man's new health struggle, writing on Instagram, the family is hoping for his recovery and looks forward to seeing everyone in the future. The seventy six year old music legend canceled all of his upcoming concert dates last week, saying he's been diagnosed with NPH normal pressure hydrocephalus, a very rare brain disorder, his ex wife, Christy Brinkley, saying, you're our piano man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never had heard of that. Billy Joel announced that last week. Is he ever going to be able to perform again?
Speaker 2: Do you think? Is he probably done forever? No idea.
Speaker 1: He canceled his tour And it's interesting about him at his age. Most stars at that age are doing sort of embarrassing final grasps it money too. He's as popular as he's ever been. Yeah, Having done his whole record breaking Madison Square Garden thing that he wrapped up and touring. He's huge, and that's got to be quite a disappointment. I wonder if I had anything to do with his lifestyle.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know that it did. Oh no, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of this disease. Rare brain diseases rarely come from lifestyle.
Speaker 2: But who knows. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I will tell you this, Yeah, he is not one of those guys going through the motions at this point. I'm always interested in people, whether it's a Billy Joel or even Bruce Springsteen who's been so obnoxious lately, or the Rolling Stones, who are richer than Crisus of Old and certainly can do anything they want, and what if they want to do is play right.
Speaker 1: Particularly if you're not putting out new music. It's always interesting to me because Bruce still puts out a new album fairly regularly, so he's writing songs, recording songs, and then wants to get them out there and see how they do.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: But if you're going around playing your your jukebox of greatest hits, it's interesting to me that you're still motivated to do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was listened to Adam Dirtz Accounting Crows on a thing the other day and he's talking about how sick he gets to some of the songs that he's got to sing, you know, like, you know, mister Jones going out there, and I could, I would think, like a night four thirty years later of a week, you know, you might think I can't freaking sing this song again and pretend like I care, But apparently they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as I've often said of this profession, and I've got important stuff to get to here, but we'll get to it eventually. You know, a lot of people get into this business or the big media companies and executives think like a David Lee Roth can take over for a Howard Stern or people start podcasts all the time, and it's fine, go ahead, you should. It's it's fun, it's interesting, challenging. But yeah, go ahead, do that first show, then do the second show. Now tell me what you're gonna do on the two hundred.
Speaker 2: And fiftieth show. That's when it gets to be it's a job.
Speaker 4: And yeah, playing mister Jones thirty years later his job, it's not joy it's what you do for a.
Speaker 1: Living, but if you don't need the money, so that's where the question comes in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anyway, So one more note on the Secret Service cat fight which we were describing at the end of last hour. This is two Secret Service gals who went to beating on each other, well not quite beating on each other, just short of it. They were wrestling and shoving. I want to know if it was a proclaiming to be ready to whoop each other's ass.
Speaker 1: I want to know if it was over professional stuff. No, you're not keeping an eye and sego.
Speaker 2: No Quadrant four isis couldn't get in or it was over a dude or something.
Speaker 4: Did you just say I need a bigger size of uniform pants? Is that what you just said? A second, they're going out with Jim Friday night?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: A source said that a fight broke out after the officer arrived in a Dodge Durango rather than a Ford Explorer, which was allegedly requested by the agent who is about to clock off. So they criping at each other over choice of vehicle and about ended up eating each other on the head at two thirty in the morning in front of Barack.
Speaker 2: Obama's Washington d C. Home.
Speaker 1: Ah right, I think by definition you're not secret service material.
Speaker 2: If while on duty the two of you get in a fight.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I would agree. I would agree you enough this hard walk away? Please you get in a fight at the bar later.
Speaker 1: As we have talked about many times, the sort of person that probably they probably came up through the military.
Speaker 2: I don't know this, but often they do. You're the kind of person that does it.
Speaker 1: Then those kind of people are pretty high strung and like to fight good.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of person you want. Perhaps, But if if you can't not do it when you're on duty, no, right, yeah, agreed completely.
Speaker 4: So as I look at the clock, I think we need to break on time for once in our lives, and then do what we're going to do after the break, which is fine, have something else important to squeeze in this segment.
Speaker 2: I just saw the video finally. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were very close to full on beating each other's brains out.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, just I mean, fists were cocked, but cooler heads prevailed.
Speaker 2: Thank god. Find a different line of work, ladies.
Speaker 4: So important stuff to come after a quick word from our friends and sponsors, that simply save home security. They have your back in a crisis, and they can keep the scumbags from breaking in. Understand me, it's not that the alarm goes off after they've broken in, although that sure as heck will happen. Between the active guard outdoor protection cameras and the AI and the human monitors, they can see and speak to, turn on the spotlights and call the cops before your window gets busted in.
Speaker 1: It says here if someone's lurking around, so AI can tell. L AI can tell lurking from standing very easily lurking.
Speaker 2: All this about a dollar a day. I got the system at my house.
Speaker 1: I got the sensors in the windows and the doors and the cameras and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's about a dollar day.
Speaker 1: There's no contract because they don't need to lock you in for two years because they believe at simply Safe you're gonna like this system.
Speaker 4: Hey, fellow suckers, what'd you used to pay for your security system like Judy and I did? Yeah, a hell of a lot more than a bucket day, Holy col visit simply safe dot com slash Armstrong claimed fifty percent off new system with a professional monitoring plan hits you first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 1: I do want to later get into the whole Tender's got a new CEO and they're going to change their whole online dating thing because this next generation is different. I want to talk a little more about that because I think it's pretty interesting, among other things and everything. Joe teased, that's right.
Speaker 4: So it is a very very common technique of conquest of takeover that you co opt the holidays of the culture that you're trying to take over. Christianity did it with the various pagan festivals in the winter, Pagan spring and in an effort to spread Christianity. It's it's fair game, but you have to understand that's what's happening. It's a tool of conquest. With that, I give you Mayor Brandon Johnson on Memorial Day.
Speaker 5: Hello, I am Mayor Brandon Johnson, and I'm proud to join you in recognizing and celebrating Africa Day. The continent of Africa is made up of one point two billion people, with diverse countries full of rich traditions, cultures, and heritage.
Speaker 4: The African The failing mayor of Chicago is doing that. That was Monday on day, Well was all right, check in my calendar here, you're a stickler for accuracy. It was on Sunday. But he's talking about Memorial Memorial Day weekend. Okay, yeah, wow, it's Africa Day. We're all celebrating Africa Day. It's absolutely a Marxist effort to raise up race consciousness because it's not workers of the world unite, it's black people and trans people and queer people in whatever of the world unite. Now in Marxism, an effort to co op Memorial Day weekend into Africa Day. It's disgusting, which brings us to a persistent and important question. How pervasive is the whole woke thing in education right now? Is it just California, Oregon, in Connecticut or not. We will answer that question coming up next.
Speaker 1: Later, I want to tell about my son getting into a political argument, which he does a lot. When I was thirteen, I got into roughly zero political arguments.
Speaker 2: But LifeWise seventeen and nineteen.
Speaker 1: And maybe even twenty five, I mean, but politics all the time, everywhere, every age.
Speaker 2: Now, more on that later.
Speaker 4: We mentioned earlier, perhaps you were here that the state of California has come up with a pathetic transitional policy for high school sports where there could be three winners of sporting events, the girls winner, the boys winner, and the transgender boy who's pretending to be a girl winner because they've realized it's just utterly untenable and everybody hates it. The idea that when a dude whoops up on the girls in sports and stands there holding where I'm number one as they receive the medal and denying the record, the meddle, the scholarship, whatever to a n actual girl.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're talking about that later. Yeah, sure, we'll get back into that later.
Speaker 4: I have comments, okay, yeah, but I thought this was really interesting as rape someone who is beschlonged, I have comments elegant. I'm reasonably self aware, and I understand that some people think the stories about the crazy woke education thing might be nut picking, overstated, or that's happening in a couple of wacky school districts. Great piece by Daniel Buck. Yeah, yeah, maybe that's true. One question persists in American education. How pervasive are the stories of kindergartener's learning about transgenderism, or high schoolers waving hamas flags and hallways.
Speaker 1: I wonder about that a lot because I live in like one of the leading school districts in America for this sort of progressive stuff, So I always wonder what it's like for the rest of the country.
Speaker 4: Well, and interestingly enough, my kids grew up about an hour forty five minute drive from where Jack kids are growing up at, in a very conservative part of California, the school district of which has swung way left in the last ten years. But he points out, among the four million teachers in the US, there will inevitably be cranks and id logs who try to turn the classroom into a pulpit. Examination of a typical American school district and a typical American town reveals that the progressive mismanagement school districts extends beyond the dark blue borders of San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. They look at Wawa Tosa, Wisconsin, a suburb of Milwaukee about as average as it gets, politically split, very average, Midwestern median home value, middle class. In other words, Wahwatosa is that fabled real America. What happens in San Francisco may be an outlier, but what happens in Wamwatosa likely happens in countless other districts.
Speaker 2: So what happens there? Well.
Speaker 4: Three years ago, the wawata A School Board proved a new sex education curriculum, among other things, that expect sixth graders to define different types of sexual intercourse.
Speaker 2: Oh my, kindergarteners learn about.
Speaker 1: Genitalia, past the whoever, throughout the bad idea phase? How does it get actually two? All the steps you have to go before this ends.
Speaker 2: Up in a classroom?
Speaker 4: Good freaking god, I didn't even get halfway through the list.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see the kids.
Speaker 4: The kindergarteners are learning about genitalia with the help of cartoon drawings third graders and inform that no matter their body parts, they may feel like another gender, just like.
Speaker 1: The founding fathers intended. The schools are teaching sixth graders about sex positions.
Speaker 4: Notably, the newly adopted units are based on the National Sex Education Standards, which encourage teaching third graders about puberty blockers. That's right, third graders need to know about puberty blockers and how to get them. Sixth graders need to know about abortions and how to get them, and students as young as kindergarten need to know about gender identity.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this explains my son getting into political arguments at age thirteen because this stuff comes up in class all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, and to that point, the red flags appear in more than the curriculum. Wauwatosa is one of thousands of districts who have adopted a restorative justice policy useless. This is an alternative to traditional discipline structures that emphasize dialogue over punishment and focuses on revising school policy rather than changing student behavior.
Speaker 1: Which I have called the golden age of bullying. While we have more first ladies spouting speeches and PSAs on the radio about ending bullying, restorative justice is the golden age of being a bully.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's great. There are no repercussions.
Speaker 4: And in fact, this school district retained a consultant to investigate that sort of thing and to make it better. And the final report dated May ninth reveals just a couple of weeks ago that disruptive students received traits in the form of food and beverages and a chance to play games in the office instead of a standard detention to know. In surprise, Wawooto's schools have developed a reputation for permissive discipline and frequent fights.
Speaker 2: That chaos results.
Speaker 4: The chaos that results from leniency has led to more expulsion notices than is typical. And then this author goes into various other racial balancing moves. Elimination of high achievement programs. They closed a high performing STEMS school in the district. I mean, the list goes on and on, eliminating advanced math tracks, consolidating high school algebra, offering sixth graders a chance to do accelerated course works, the highly problematic.
Speaker 2: This is the equity part of DEI right exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know this is a guy who's a fellow for the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty. But there it is in the heartland of America. This stuff running wild. And a final note, final ish a story out of Connecticut. You remember that horrifying deal where the guy was held prisoner in his home for years and years till he lit his room on fire and escaped. Where the house where his step mother allegedly held him captive and starved him for decades, horrible activists and teachers' unions in Connecticut are trying to make this about homeschooling, because if he'd been at school, the teachers could have observed it and reported it.
Speaker 2: Here's the truth, though, this kid was in.
Speaker 4: School for a long time, being starved and beaten, with obvious signs of it, obvious documented over and over again, and the state agency in charge of protecting kids failed over and over again to protect him.
Speaker 2: But they're using this as a club to.
Speaker 4: Beat homeschoolers with utterly inexplicable If you think these monsters are going to give up their turf easily, these cultists and greed heads at the teachers' unions, you're just so wrong.
Speaker 2: Final note.
Speaker 4: Supreme Court temporarily restored the right of a duly elected main lawmaker's speak and vote in the state house. She was censured over a Facebook post that included photos of a transgender high school athlete. She said, this isn't right particular sports, and so the way left Maine legislature censured her and told her you don't get to vote on legislation anymore. The Supreme Court response was swift and decisive, saying no, this is all squarely, completely horrifyingly clearly inside the First Amendment. Stop it main These people are nuts and we're going to have to fight him for a long time. Back to you, I get so frustrated with uh So. My youngest takes one class at the in the school district right now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's talking about how the.
Speaker 1: Kids are on their phones all the time, how they had a little quiz in line and some of the kids didn't know the answers to some simple questions. And he said, they're on their phones all the time. And I said, well, doesn't the teacher do anything about it? And he said, well, the teacher announces every once in a while, you're not allowed to look at your phone, but the kids do anyway. And I just I that made me insane. I mean, I was so upset by that. I said to my son, I said, that's so easily solved. You can solve it in like a minute. If you look at your phone again, I'm taking it, and when the kid gets out their phone, you take it.
Speaker 2: The end. Then no more kids do it for the rest of the year. Problem solved.
Speaker 4: Ideology can blind people to the most obvious and massive truths.
Speaker 1: I guess that's some sort of afraid the discipline kids or they'll get suited the tea.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 4: Well, once you go down the progressive road, Yes, that's the sort of problem you're inviting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that makes me insane. I know that's a problem all over the country. Good Ford, a bunch of that stuff that we talked about earlier. We will get to stay here.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: Olympic legend Mary lou Rettin was arrested for duy in West Virginia.
Speaker 2: I know she blew a point.
Speaker 6: Zero eight, would have been a point zero nine, but the cop was from East Germany.
Speaker 4: That's a good old time the Olympic joke. I was just reading in the journal about this. This lawyer on in the Hamptons. I think one of those East Coast risk guy enclaves that he makes pretty good living year round, but in the three months of the summer he does big time dui cases all summer long and rakes in high six figures.
Speaker 2: He's the I represented justin Timberlake.
Speaker 1: Oh really, And probably Mary loud Ruttin now because she was in several other stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: She was a big giant gold medal winning on the Wheaties box household name way back in the day. Because she's fifty seven now all around gold gymnast winner, I wonder, so she's not famous enough to get out of a dui at this point, and maybe she didn't want to. You know, she didn't have to do the don't you know who I am? Or drop her name. She should have jumped on the air, done a little somersault, landed on the hood of her car with her legs splayed outright and said, ring a bell? Huh, what not walk heel to toe? How about this?
Speaker 4: Well, she got arrested in charge. That doesn't mean she's going to pay for it. She hires this guy, she probably will plead it down to a traffic ticket.
Speaker 1: Although if you're famous, she'd like to avoid the whole I've heard the story eight thousand times in the last week situation. If you can, I thought you might like this. If you're a Trump fan, you'll probably like this. Maybe if you're a Trump Peter, it'll be a good reminder for you. So Mark Halprin, writing in his newsletter today, he's breaking down all of the different news stories we got going on at the same time into different categories of incompletes, completes or achievements that Donald Trump is actually done. I'll read how he's categorizing these things that I'm about to list off. Some achievements from America that are clearly net good and the fulfillment of clear campaign promises that are much more popular than the dominant media and the Democrats seem to appreciate, even if there are some downsides to them. And at minimum the final chapters are not written yet. And here's a list of some of the things that have occurred, he says, here's my score guard and the big ones in that category.
Speaker 2: NATO.
Speaker 1: Members of NATO on track to contribute five percent of their GDPD the alliance. It did not happen by accident, rights Mark Albert huge win, huge win, and was never gonna happen unless you made the kind of noises about NATO that Trump made and got killed for in the mainstream media of not believing the most important alliance in world history, and all this different sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's undermining NATO. But they are going to now.
Speaker 1: They used to have to contribute two percent and they didn't, and nobody held their feet to the fire on that. Now they're gonna have to contribute five percent and people are going to be paying attention. That's a big deal. Second one, he puts she as in president. She using the stick of tariffs to get the Chinese dictator to see the pain he might have in his future has given this American president more leverage over his Beijing counterpart than any of his recent predecessors have had.
Speaker 4: Number three. True, I would call it kind of incomplete. It's still ongoing, but his point is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one is the squishiest one to me. Remaking trade. Trump now has the potential to use America's unmatched leverage to secure more favorable trade terms with nations around the world, even as the markets are now in on the joke at a price to I like that part. That does seem to be the case where the markets have decided, oh oh, I can't I get it. You will push and push and then you'll back up. Okay, well never mind, then markets go up, all right.
Speaker 4: So the recent vowve fifty percent tariffs against Europe, who, in Trump's defense, are incredibly frustrating to negotiate with the markets and the big money guy said, oh fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Good one, good one. Tell those Euros.
Speaker 1: This is the number one for me in terms of what Halpern wrote about. Even if the dominant media doesn't want to talk about it, these are hugely popular with the vast amount of America. Number four in the list, securing the US Mexico border. Nuff said, yes, no doubt, Yes, historic, gigantic King Kong sized win doge.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: The culture of government has now fundamentally changed, where eliminating jobs programs and some inefficiencies is a higher priority than maintaining the status quo interests. Please water that delicate little flower. Maha, that's make America healthy again. There's never been an administration that has put public health for all, especially children, as direct directly front and center. I don't know, I man, I really think that's an incomplete Yeah.
Speaker 4: But at least discussions are being had about ultra processed foods and diet and obesity and.
Speaker 1: Truth sort of stuff. True, but this is what I really wanted to get to. And he writes the longest about reversing the momentum of woke Rich Lowry writing a column about that for National Review. Trump has shifted the Overton Window and the culture away from woke, and it's hard to imagine it's shifting all.
Speaker 2: The way back ever again.
Speaker 1: Corporations aren't going to play ball again the way they did after the death of George Floyd. Trump could well lose his legal battle with Harvard and other schools, but they've admitted they need to change. DEI and other race conscious policies may go subterranean under different rubrics, although that in itself is a sign of their weakness. True Black Lives Matter has been discredited by scandal, and anti racism now feels more like a relic than a hot new thing. But I'll tell you who hasn't given up on the Black Lives Matter thing is your non denominational were not really Christian churches. I know two of them that have the giant Black Lives Matter banners on the churches and the big sign out front, like what are you talking about? You can be in favor of that notion, but that movement one. They were all crooks too. Even if they weren't crooks, they were Marxists. Of course, most Marxists turn out to be crooks. That's one of the problems with Marxism. Whoa they were crooks. Do you not read the paper. You've got a giant banner on your church. I saw this in San Francisco and in my town. Giant banner on your church for an organization where they raised money off you, crying crocodile tears, claiming they're helping downtrodden black people and they bought houses with that money. You want to represent that organization? Are you crazy?
Speaker 4: I think they would tell you, well, that was the national organization. Our local Black Lives Matter is doing great work for anti racism, but they still are down with that post modern view of race relations.
Speaker 2: Which is poisonous, insidious, and racist. Back to the Trump kill and woke.
Speaker 1: Trump's executive orders and funding decisions can eventually be reversed, but re radicalizing every institution in America will be difficult for any future Democratic president. Shrewd ambitious Democrats realize how the ground is shifting, even if the left of the party isn't going away. I think that's true. You were talking yesterday about rama Manuel maybe running. Bill Maher constantly talking about on his HBO show about how they need a Democrat who isn't all woke, recognizing of elites on the left that.
Speaker 2: Those days are over, and they are over. You have a very.
Speaker 4: Small, very vocal radical element within your ranks. You will not live with that infection. Democrats ram Emmanuel's and one hundred percent right the brand. The Democratic brand is viewed as toxic and woke.
Speaker 2: I interesting to see.
Speaker 4: Whether he and his ilk run win the day, you know, I would love to see it. Not that you know, ro Manuel is some saint, but I just need the radical left to go away forever. Then we can wrestle over, you know, policies a little right, a little left, and.
Speaker 2: Go back to something close to normal.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're definitely beyond peaque woke, and it's not coming back in my lifetime, which I'm very happy for. I mean that that was a scary period there for about a year or two, where it seemed like everything had completely gone nuts.
Speaker 4: Right, and nobody was recognizing that the emperor not only had no clothes, but that he was a vicious racist and was ruining people's lives if they dared speak out at all against the campaign of terror.
Speaker 1: Whether it was mostly peaceful protesting, as businesses were burned and looted, and everybody pretended that was okay, or all the trend stuff where you couldn't even hint at you disagreed with it or it would ruin your career.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh my god, that was nuts.
Speaker 1: So and then all the microaggression stuff and the pronouns and the just all that stuff that had its moment, and thank.
Speaker 4: God it's over all right. Sobering note, and you know how I hate to be sober. They're still teaching your little kids this every single day in school. They are breeding another generational warriors.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, it's not over in a fifth grade classroom, right, practically everywhere which fight this s folks, which reminds me of a political discussion my son got into yesterday which was a bit of a problem among other.
Speaker 2: Things, when he listed over medicare.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. Cutbacks in medicare. He is staunchly against or four I don't remember which. No, we got more stuff on the ways to hear.
Speaker 7: It's the end of an era for free check bags on Southwest Airlines. The airline will charge many passengers to check luggage for the first time in over a half a century. Customers can expect to pay thirty five dollars for their first check bag and forty five dollars for the second I've.
Speaker 1: Seen this story everywhere today. I have to assume it's a big deal for a lot of you. And that was the appeal of Southwest Airlines. I check a bag like once a year, so it just it means nothing to me. But it's getting coverage like it's significant. I guess, yeah, I guess. So I generally try not to check bags. When I do, it's liberating just to have a little back pack. It is ever going through the airport, I'll admit, whenever I do it, I think this is kind of nice. I'm just walking around my hands for you, with my cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Two things I wanted to get to.
Speaker 1: Oh one, I just saw get your tickets now for Dead In Company playing at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I paid a lot of money to see Dead End Company's final concert. It's a final if you're a grateful dead fight It's a final chance to see Bob Weir and the other people job ever play ever in history. And we packed the place and it was expensive, but it was cool. It was worth it was a historic moment. And they've played roughly one hundred and eighty times since then in the last two years. I mean, it's not even one of those comeback years later. They're like a week later played. It was the worst final concert I've ever seen, worst effort at even trying to conceal that nice money grab.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can think is that maybe Bob Whare, he's a current lead singer really of Dead the Grateful Dead Act, that he had some serious health problems and maybe he overcame them or.
Speaker 2: Got better or something.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I can think, because he looked horrible, and I thought, Okay, that's why they're quitting.
Speaker 2: As old as the Hills. Oh my god. I don't know how he can play. He can barely walk. Two other things. First to Mick Jagger as the kid, right.
Speaker 1: So I won't go into a lot of detail in this because I don't want to get anybody in trouble, including my son. But he got into a He gets into political argans all the time. He cannot walk away from a political comment he doesn't agree with. And I talked to him about that quite a bit last night. I said I do it all the time. I said, people say things all the time that make me crazy, and I just let it go. And the main reason is it makes me happier than to get into an argument with him, because he was talking about how it just makes me mad. I said, but you're madder now because of the argument you engaged in, then if you'd just let him say it. And I understand the downside of that. You don't want an ideology to win because nobody ever pushes back or whatever, but.
Speaker 4: Or smuggly obnoxious people to get away with their smug obnoxiousness.
Speaker 1: But if you engage all the time, especially when you live in California, you're gonna spend all day every day arguing and mad. And it's just that there's no way to live. You're rarely gonna change anybody's point of view. But anyway, they were on a boy scout march and they marched past a bunch of Tesla chargers, and several of the scouts got into we used to drive a Tesl would be sold it because we hate Elon Musk and Trump and Elon and Trump and Elon and how much they hate him and everything like that.
Speaker 2: My son was pushing back hard on that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's just like I was just more amazed that this is a thing that was never gonna be it When I was his age, there was no chance I was gonna like walk by a cornfield and say farm somebody's subs the Jimmy Carter, don't you hate? And then started an argument with somebody. It just wasn't gonna happen. Boy, it's so crazy.
Speaker 4: You're right, young teenagers getting in political arguments all the time.
Speaker 2: Yikes, what have we done.
Speaker 1: To our children? And he said one of the kids. He said, Elon Musk recommended the firing of a mom who had been working in this government and she was a single mom.
Speaker 2: And I thought, wow, you.
Speaker 1: Even have the gran granular details on your argument for how you hate Elon Musk as a thirteen year old.
Speaker 2: What is going on in this country? Wow? Wow? I had to tell my son.
Speaker 1: You know, single moms with kids who've worked someplace a long time get fired all the time from non government jobs, and nobody seems to care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just part of the deal. Sometimes you get fired. My autistic daughter or daughter very high functioning. There's just a big layoff at her company, and she got laid off with a bunch of other people. It's more US a disaster, but I'm not seeing a lot of headlines about it. By the way, if you're in the p and need a hard worker, reach out to me. Perfect example, how long should you work there? How hard was she trying? Your daughter, how hard was she trying?
Speaker 2: Always showed up? How important was this job to her?
Speaker 1: All that sort of stuff that they'd say any sustaining anytime a government worker, they were counting on this job for their summer.
Speaker 2: What are your summer vacations plans going to be now?
Speaker 1: I don't even know if we're going to be able to feed ourselves, let alone a summer vacation. Back to you, Jim, Yeah, that's true when people lose their jobs in the private sector too, but you only report on it if it's a government job, right, makes just.
Speaker 4: The whole The kids having all those talking points, I think political. Hey, that's got to be coming from their teachers. I mean their parents too, because you live in a very activisty area. But the teachers are politicizing the kids because they want them on their side of politics.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you public slash government schools are diseased.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't actually know what it's like in the household of the average progressive family. But I don't talk politics at home now. Part of it might be because I got this job, and I don't know. My parents didn't talk politics much at home, so I don't no.
Speaker 4: I would ask questions, but they would, you know, try answer in a fairly even handed way, and I would go back to playing baseball all day long and chasing girls later.
Speaker 2: And even with my.
Speaker 1: Point of view, if I ever do talk politics, I prevent I present both sides, and then why I lean one direction? Oh my god, that, like having that MSNBC screed ready to go as a kid is just what the hell.
Speaker 4: We've got to have the kids. We've got to get the kids signed every radical movement and dictator in human history.
Speaker 1: One more thing I wanted to get to. So I mentioned last hour that Tinder has got a new person running it and they want to change their the way they do their dating a because it's not working for the new generation, which is not as interested in the hookup culture. They claim. Blah blah blah blah blah. Here's what I think is going to be the problem. Like, and I have no personal experience in dating apps. I've never tried it. Or anything like that online dating. But from what I hear from people and what I've read about it, I don't see how you're going to change this reality. Ten percent of the dudes get ninety percent of the dates. The ten percent either best looking or combination of looks and talking or whatever, get ninety percent of the dates. And most of them aren't interested in a relationship, though they're good pretending they are, and then they do their thing and move on. There's no way you can change that. I don't care what your what your app does. That's going to be true, just over and over again. That's why people are leaving the apps. Based on everything I hear from conversations and what I read is that they've caught on to that that's just the way it works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, this seems very bright and he's recognized a problem. I don't know exactly how you fix that. Different features, products within the app, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I wish him lucky. I don't see how you're gonna fix that reality.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be something though, and this might be happening that online dating had its moment for a decade or so, and then it goes back to that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Everybody lies, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go back to meeting somebody at work or church or you know, college, or through friends at a back to yard barbecue.
Speaker 2: Et cetera. I recommend it highly
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty