Speaker 1: Monday playing loud. Let's ride.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it back.
Speaker 1: Manharrison is here, Barry Church is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, early too. I don't want to throw that out there. I just want to throw that out there. Yeah, it's gonna have been fifty two. Yeah for thirty. Letting y'all know.
Speaker 3: Times have changed, times of changing.
Speaker 1: Scraggs. I'm just glad you're here. Many A right over there.
Speaker 2: He ya. I'm struggling, man, it's out. It's obviously. I'm struggling. Good morning, he good morning, baby, good morning. I'm gonna do it, okay, man. I went to a royal wedding last night, the royal wedding.
Speaker 1: It was you was King Charles and come up.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't over there with that, he said. Royal, Oh humans, cowboy royalty. Yes, Kyle, you always got married last night, man, And it was it was like that.
Speaker 1: It was this awesome congratulations Kyle, good good, good, good, good on it. Good on him, good on him. So you could have you could have done both. You could have went over to England and then came here in America.
Speaker 2: I don't have it like you, you know, I don't have it like you.
Speaker 1: Don't want like me, perceptions and reality is a different thing.
Speaker 2: Rec I can't even argue with Okay, I understand.
Speaker 1: Just by tostedos my joint.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know during the draft how I listened to a lot of the draft obviously our coverage on Dallas Cowboy Dot. I'm really really good, uh my man kept hearing you over and over what you heard me say? Smoothie King both you've seen them all.
Speaker 2: Bowl yet you know who didn't get paid for that? While you're talking, shout out the Smoothie King. Man. You know they're a good partner. Ready to go. No, no, let me tell you something. Each word and they know how to get you know. I'm on downstairs. Do this. We got lunch for you.
Speaker 1: You want to free all? I got to read it.
Speaker 2: You go pick one up.
Speaker 1: About you the voice of.
Speaker 2: Us hard man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, I thought maybe soon after pop of the Smoothie King and see a picture and everything cardboard cut out her.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for to come up newly looking for the angle he new. He wants to vouch you, like, can I go with you?
Speaker 1: Let me taste it for your first Wait, let me make sure he's Okay, he's okay.
Speaker 2: But shout out the smoothie kid man. I enjoy doing the read Okay, I'll pay for it, smoothie kid. Wow like that.
Speaker 1: I am enjoying the fact that the Cowboys are not getting a lot of the coverage. I I went to the gym this morning and they put football. You know, they put that Good morning football show up on. It's the Packers, Aaron Jones and the Jets. It's all at this Philadelphia. It's all that like good, good good. It's nice not to have the Cowboys all up and down on the head.
Speaker 2: Hey man, thank you bro for letting us know you went to the gym. Congratulations that you made it to the gym this morning, because he could have just said, I turned the TV on and so me let you know I went did my workout. Congratulations. I see a little sweat dripping off, little bit. You ain't going off.
Speaker 1: I told him, I'm tired. I'm not an athlete like you. I need an afternoon that gymnp like. Okay, let me eat and then go to sleep. That's what I want to do. But I'm here. I'm here, but I don't know about you. I get tired of seeing the Cowboys all the time on this stuff because you know, it's never positive, never, it's never pove it.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm glad for once in the off season it's not you know, the star on everything and all you hear is you know it's all year, this is it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take it.
Speaker 2: You see what we did, acquisitions, we made it. It's not that type of year. I think they they're moving in silence right now. You know, as they say, you move in silence, you make the biggest move. So I think the draft was extremely solid overall. I think the acquisitions they brought it in through free agency, I think that's gonna be huge for this Cowboys, especially with that Gilmore. I think him being on the opposite side of digs Man, I think that's gonna be huge for this defenses and opposing offenses.
Speaker 1: And I'm still in love with that first round pick man.
Speaker 2: I still in love with what he can do out there.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, you know, we can put that put his pick to use early on and often, and he can go out there and clog run the lanes and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we're not seeing this is all year, This is the Star's year, all over the broadcast.
Speaker 2: No kids yourself, this is just slow news cycle. That's what's going on. Solid it. I'll get this out. It's starting to be OTA's It'll start right back up again. It's gonna start with Dak's contract. It'll be right back. You know. The attention is square where it needs to be, right on the Cowboys. The expectation is going to be there. Come on, now, let's not. Let's not act like as soon as OTA's in the summertime come around, they're gonna be right back to the Cowboys. Yeah. I don't know, man, I thought we got I thought we got a lot of a lot of coverage, you know, and it was positive though, right it was it was coach. It was the vaughn Our scout who got was able to draft the Suns right and make that phone called Chris vaughn Right. So I think we got a lot of positive coverage. I think people are happy with how we did in the draft. We're getting Mozzie Smith in the first round, right because they know that when we played San Francisco, when we played Denver, a couple of years ago that the blueprint was put out on us to hey, we can run the ball on these guys, and as long as we do that, then we have a chance at winning the game. Right, And that's the that is what happened to us the two the last two times that we've been in the playoffs playing San Francisco. Right, So it's quiet there, Right, they're like, all right, they know where they messed up at. I'm still worried about why nobody is saying that we have a problem with this office a lot. But maybe they have the same faith and the new coach and the new offensive line coach that that our staff does, because apparently we are all we're all good. But I am happy that there is no just consistent news cycle of the Dallas Cowboys, especially the negativity, you know, outside of we're talking about you guys.
Speaker 1: But they did mention the Cowboys on the show, but it was about Michael Parsons wearing the fielding Philly. Philly is seventy six is Jersey's game. But you know, you want to walk into that, that's your own that's your own issue. But they did jump into that. Whether you can or can't.
Speaker 2: You got nothing. What about the jersey. That's right, MAXI from Garland.
Speaker 1: I'm done it.
Speaker 2: From Texica, I'm now I don't support the get support the homie. So Penn State's rivals.
Speaker 1: Who who is Penn State's rival?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iowa. Who's that rival? Pitt Pitt. So you're gonna walk in there because his friend played for Pitt with a pit jersey. Oh until, I'm just asking Okay, cool, it's a small thing. No, yeah, he from Garland, So that's fine.
Speaker 1: Here's what I was.
Speaker 2: I had to ask you because he's the he's the Philadelphia guy who you know, can't stand nothing to start with a pet. Bryce Harper of the Phillies was from Vegas and he admitted when he saw after they when he sided with Philadelphia after he left Washington, he was a cowboy fan.
Speaker 1: They made him drop that, like I'm an ego fan. They made him drop of course, and it just dropping it. Then remember Jalen Hurts had on the Astros hat. They shamed the man, shamed the man. So that's the interesting thing is a J. Brown can't run around with no Mavericks jersey. But here, hey man, nobody, everybody say it's okay. I mean this is how this tap.
Speaker 2: This is a different kind of tap, but it is okay, but you know it is it's fun to talk about what jersey.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so they got on that end of the whole thing, you know, can you do this as a player? Which to me, that's I'd rather see that than remember the DAK coverage from a couple of years ago. Every day is he worth it? They're not doing any ready? That was brutal. That was absolutely brutal. So yeah, I was kind of cool to see that. I did have a conversation with someone in the building about the offensive line last week.
Speaker 2: So here we go, ahead, there we go, music starts to play.
Speaker 1: They feel like, hey, we have been addressing this in our past few drafts. So Josh Ball, as we spoke about, is year three, Josh balld gotta show him something. They really like Matt will let's go to the point they think he could.
Speaker 2: Be at he was her last year, right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so but that's that's you know, when they were looking at him and can't they really like what this is up? But they think, hey, look here's the guy that we've made a draft pick, and we made it fourth rave y bo you made a draft pick investment, and will let's go. They really like, will let's go. So ball gets to go inside and then he'll he'll get the position flex and see what but see you three, you got to show something. They take the kid out of North Carolina left tackle will be a more swing guy in here. They're gonna put him at the guard tackle spot. But they feel like we have we are still investing. Let's see what we can do and develop with some of the guys we have. They do feel like some of the offensive linemen they've got Farnie act that they want to see more of what they can do. So they feel like, hey, we have invested in draft picks. We like the development of what we're doing. We see how we've developed a guy like Steele. We think we can take this group of guys and get more into it. And the premise of hey, go get a first round pick, it's like, nope, let's let's let's try to work with what we have. We can't have twenty two first round all stars at every spot, can't have five first round guys. So they feel with their new offensive line coach and they really this person didn't tell me it was DQ like, but this person did say the offensive line coach Slar is a guy they have wanted for a long time.
Speaker 2: There we go, so you get the offensive coach that you want. Going back in years past when the offensive line was a problem, Philbin, obviously we called it musical chairs with different guys that were playing on the offensive line. But still you found a way to be twelve and five your offense to function and be feasible right going into the draft. I think that's something that you want to fix for sure, was the offensive line. But don't be too hot taking you about this, Danny, all right, your starting offensive line right now, Tyron Smith, Tylers Smith, Tyler be out of Zach Martin and Terren Steele. How do you feel about your starting offensive line? Well, I mean they won they one. That's what you That's what you got healthy healthy. Okay, IM about to say, but that's not that's not even like, how can you the dude, Terrece still is coming off of an Aco. Tyrn Smith is coming off missing the entire season last year, the entire season that ended up playing right tackle for US. Uh, you know, to finish off the season right, And then I said no, but I'm like, that's a big if. It's such like the thing is right, if Tyrra Smith is healthy, then I still believe he's a great left tackle for us if he's healthy. We've seen Terrence still go out and be super productive over there on the right side when he's healthy. All right, but he's coming off of a cl injury. So the if is so huge to where I'm like, yeah, if they healthy, I'm confident. I'm okay, I feel like we can get some stuff done. But it's been shown that we've had health issues on the offensive line for the last five years, and not just Tyron. I mean when we had Lao Collins and that he missed the whole season too, and then Terror still Terres's ACL and then you bring Peters in and then he you know, we're rotating. We're trying to figure out how to get that stuff going with with musical cheers. Yeah, now thanks to Neuwi right, not dan Quinn liked, But if you just mentioned it kind of close, then you got to say, hey, man, the offensive line room, that's they gonna get a boost, right, because it looks like that they the staff and the coaches believe that, hey, we needed a new voice in the room. We needed to get a new guy.
Speaker 1: Let me also add this in here. Your offensive coordinator is Brian Schottenheim. Schottenheimer and Solari work together in Seattle. So now we're talking about two guys on the same page that have an understanding where hey, coordinator offense. I mean that can become an issue in the National Football League when two people are off not saying that was the case between Kellen Moore and Joe Philbert, but I'm just saying you've got some symmetry right here, and I think that is a good thing. Also, by the way, Tyler Biotti Schmith's some time last year. So and our next segment, let's let's get into position groups that we're worried about. But but you know, replacing and trying to find a guy who can feel them for be honest, and didn't know by the way, you know, I think his contracts up after the shoot. So these are these are more more things to get into about about what they're doing around here. But I got a quick question.
Speaker 3: So left guard, we're saying that's Tyler, let's hit let's because.
Speaker 1: Over here, I'm just this was a word you're saying that was another thing that I asked when I was walking around the Star. So we'll do that next right here, all the players by tots with that's Barry Church. Appreciate Harrison the l s U National Champion and my my child is Weekend says she wants me to look into L s U. I said, I know a guy. I know a guy that went to L s U. I'll see what Shaq can do for us.
Speaker 4: Right once he uses the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products. Check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black.
Speaker 5: Right now you can get the Jack Black.
Speaker 4: Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks, free shipping.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps a weight.
Speaker 5: Put the power of crypto in your pocket.
Speaker 7: So no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's team.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 1: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 2: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, Attend the best tail gay party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas With Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboystravel dot com. Book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: To the players loud.
Speaker 2: All right, country music is rocking the Star at Frisco with a free multi day fan festival ahead of the big show. Come celebrate country music party of the year at the ACM Country Kick Country Kickoff May ninth and tenth. The fun starts each day at three pm with live performances from the newest country music stars, pop up shops, exclusive artist merch, a beer garden, food trucks, and much more. Visit ACM Visit a Cmcuntrykickoff dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: All right, that's tomorrow. We need to show.
Speaker 2: It's ninth and tenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yes, tomorrow. So they're building stuff out here at the Star right now, little bit. So I guess what the show was Thursday. I guess something like anyway, the Biursday, So the big shows Thursday, all right, so that's big or so you got that Thursday you have the PGA Byron Nelson started up there, Friscal.
Speaker 2: Big big Biby, save your money. His Mother's Day too. I'm just saying, Mother's Day coming on up, man, make sure you'll spend all your ducats. That's the wrong place trying to go to a CMS, going PGA. Go with you.
Speaker 1: You're talking to you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, he's talking to you. Resident you that you know that's a god. Let me know.
Speaker 1: That's a dis kind of The seventeenth is the hole you want to be on that seventeenth. That's where you're saying, like the Phoenix. You said that, the one in Phoenix. That's that's the part. That's what they're doing, right. So that's what they're doing out there. They got double deckers and yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be out there.
Speaker 2: His wife is gonna kill you. Yeah yeah, I probably should go. I deserve it be come living, bloody man. This man just saying Mother's Day is coming up, and then hey, go to the party hall.
Speaker 1: The final round is on mother's dad. You can take her right on out there. Should have a good time.
Speaker 2: She want to go to Papa Doss. What they said, don start, don't start, Come on let's get to the whole line about to get disrespectful alone.
Speaker 1: I am take my spot.
Speaker 2: I bet they b O T lit though, Man, don't get me started on that. Man. We're talking about disappointment of shots fired and this appointment see it coming from the kitchen to me over there.
Speaker 1: Like man, I paid for both. I paid for both?
Speaker 2: He did? You paid for it? You paid for the by can't even wear no bet? It was such it was that we were that disappointed. We were disappointed.
Speaker 1: Man, I asked, I said, you asked. You got it all right?
Speaker 2: You hit him twice? I got it?
Speaker 1: Plays brought to you by Tocitos and half half bared Church Ma Harrison days, I'm drugs. That's why the counter always had a in your pocket.
Speaker 2: Not buryed.
Speaker 1: So very very very uh two and O T and what not.
Speaker 2: And undefeat You got my man.
Speaker 1: Position Grove after the draft you were worried about is obviously for you it's the offensive flop one of them and you wanted to dive into the left guard spot.
Speaker 3: So so what are we talking about it? So Tyler Smith is your left guard? Is that what we're going into the season saying that he is going to be that left for a few games, you know.
Speaker 2: But see that's if Cyrn Smith is healthy. How long does Tyler Smith play left guard?
Speaker 1: So in my conversations, this was basically it. He'll be there left guard for a few games, but he is the left tackle for the Cowboys for the next seven eight years. So why not put him there? Why not get him going? Why not get him going? We've seen the man can play left tackle. We've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yes, he proved it last year, So why not start your foundation at that left tackle. I understand Tyron Smith is who he Hall of Fame tackle. He went healthy, he's one of the best tackles in the game. But it's been proving what are the three what are the three? Trust, time, proofing, consistency, And he's proved all that for these past five six years. That he's not going to be available for seventeen games. So why not put the guy that's proven, that's been able to give you that left tackle playing ability that he's been able to give last year? Why not just make him sit there and be your left hack.
Speaker 2: What do you do with what do you do with the left tackle? The starting what do you do with him?
Speaker 1: Swing him up? Why not you know, that's.
Speaker 2: The big if. That's the big if on Tyron Smith. If he can stay healthy, if healthy, if healthy, he's one of the best in the league. Period. I understand the future and where we are, but look, you still have a guy that can do it at a high level. When he's healthy. Nobody's better. He's top five. And about to say, come on now, but come on, when he healthy win he ain't nobody better. I said top five in the Let nobody I hit the breaks.
Speaker 10: I not hit the.
Speaker 2: Breaks. And I said top five in the league. So if he's top five in the league, and you have a guy the heir apparent to the position that is, oh, by the way, really good at the left guard position, right now, I mean, come on, man, let's let's get through summer, Let's get through preseason. And we do know right now that if Tyler, if anything happens to Tyron Smith, that Tyler Smith can bump out the left tackle and maybe through preseason, through everything that we're gonna do, we're gonna find out who's the backup. I do not believe that that's Josh Ball right now.
Speaker 1: Can I give you an analogy on Tyron Smith and compared to baseball with Jacob de Grom. The Rangers know Jacob d Grom is not gonna make twenty five thirty stars. He's just not great picture. But they know with his injury history, we'll take what we can get. But what we get is you're gonna be pretty good, So we're gonna take it. That's where they are here. This is a really good question for the general manager. This is because that's where this really is is. This is about the general manager telling you why are you going this route? And we what do we know about the general manager? General manager loves to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and you played for the general This is there's a general man you played for. So what did you see time and time again when you played on the.
Speaker 2: Team by saying, little.
Speaker 3: Experience guy, you can always look you bubble smoothie kids, guys, he's gonna look out. He's gonna look out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But no, but we I mean, we understand it from from that perspective. But we're just talking about one. If you are then building your offensive line for this year and moving forward, what are you like, how are you helping the guy the left guard who's going to be backing up Tyler Tyler Smith because you know that he's gonna be moved out the left, Like, how are you helping him? But he's already made the transition, he's already shown you that he can do. But no, no, no, how are you helping the backup? Because when Tyler Smith gets bumped out to left tackle, then you have a guy who you say, hell man, we're moving Josh Ball here to to possibly play. And then whoever is actually behind Tyler Smith now is not going to get the one reps that he should be getting because Tyler Smith's gonna be in there. So how are you helping a player become better and getting those reps against the best guys if he's not in there until you throw him into the fire against some of the best little division.
Speaker 3: Look at the division Washington. They got those Alabama boys on the inside. You see what Philly did in the draft with Jayalen Carter. They got Fletcher Cox out there. Still, you see what they.
Speaker 1: Got over there in New York.
Speaker 3: They just paid He made one of them top three defensive tackles in the game.
Speaker 1: So you're extra line.
Speaker 3: You're dealing with a division with nothing but power on the inside.
Speaker 1: I hear you little psychology. I hear you. All I can go by is what I see is Bill Parcells one said last year, as they went through all of these different challenges under Joe Philbin, who they let go, and now they think they have a better offensive line, they consistently got it done with the backups they had. They developed guys. So if I'm going to trust them time proof and consistency, I would say right now, I'm going to get them the benefit of the day. I don't know if Josh Baul will be the guy. It could be Matt Fardiac, it could be awesome Richards from North Carolina. We'll see there. They're not penciling in Josh Paul just so you know, he's getting an opportunity.
Speaker 2: That's the same.
Speaker 1: And I can't what's the name of the guy who they just signed as well, but thank you, thank you. There's there's there's another guy. So we'll well, my man, that's what I called my man. So my man, my man is gonna come in here. He's gonna get an opportunity and we'll see and along the way. When we look at these thirty two teams in the National Football League, they all have some types of issues. I mean, if you're in Philadelphia, you know Lane Johnson's not playing seventeen games for you. You'll take it though, right, But you take in Cincinnati, we know there's gonna be some issues our home. Mister Collins miss game.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, this is we're talking about the dude missed the whole season. Like, you know what I'm saying. When you all right, I get what you're saying. Okay, okay, you're not gonna make seventeen games? Are you gonna make eight? What about nine? You know what I'm saying. So when you when you think about a Lane Johnson, you're not saying, all right, he gonna miss the whole season, but he's gonna be ready for the playoffs. Like that's that's not what you're saying. When you talk about guys who are who may be good for thirty, right, but we know they're not gonna make the foot season.
Speaker 1: They've got a plan for seventy seven. Yeah, they got me put so that that plan. And left tackle I'm fun, Well what left tackle they'll be? Okay, the left guard spot, this is what campus for? Is there? I believe they're gonna you come up with something.
Speaker 2: You start to get the reps and start to develop the guy. I mean, I'm with you, you make you make a great point, but I think also on all I mean, do you guys have any other worry about as far as position?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, running back.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Wait, I want to make this clear when we talk about like concerns, do I trust that they'll be able to get it done and rotate some guys and get them in. But we just talk about like, hey, when you look at our team and you say check check check, is there is a question mark now with the offensive line of like who's gonna be in there and how they going to perform because not only do you have players who haven't been able to stay healthy, but then you also have a new offensive line coach. So yeah, did I trust him? Yeah, they gonna get some guys out there and they'll probably be productive. But who's number two in the backfield? Yeah, Jo, it's gotta be right. I'm Malik Davis.
Speaker 1: Okay. Person I spoke to said Rico Daddles should be number two. They also couldn't understand how come for some reason he never got back after he was injured that he was ready to go could have helped the team. So this is this is going to be very interesting to me. And of course we know that pass protection is not the strength of Tony Pollard. So whoever is the number two, it has to be a person who can get out here in ball. Now, I asked about Ronald Jones. So what happened in Tampa by I was told Number twelve decided mister Jones shouldn't be back there anymore.
Speaker 3: That's what I lost him though he was not the best blocker for that was a better, you know blocker, so that Number twelve said no.
Speaker 2: He also couldn't catch out the backfield like Winter Fourne ended up being able to be able to do. Yeah, we don't think about it. For they was getting to almost ten receptions a game. Game That was crazy get to the end of the season as far as being able to catch out the backfield. But when I look at Ronald Jones, I just see, hey, are you let a guy like Ezekiel Elliott go? And last year and the year before, he was one of those ground and pound type of guys. Right, run power, get you two or three fall forward, And I think that's what Ronald Jones ended up doing the best at his last couple of years in Tampa. It is like, hey, he's a big guy. You run, power, run lead. He's gonna get you three and fall four, maybe get you four. And every once in a while he'll break a long one and gets you you know what I'm saying, sixty or seventy yards. But when you look at the I guess the mix that we had last year with thunder and lightning, it didn't work. I said, it didn't work, not the way that people wanted to Not not not that they wanted it to. But when you let let go of a guy like you said your illin and you say, hey, we want a god when we get in fourth in short or they're gonna line up at full back how he did in fourth in one all the time, then you say, all right, well, I'm looking at Ronald Jones and that that is the But that's a huge that's I think they took a huge gamble, even with the tag, even after the injury, and still having that faith and belief that he could teep he can be the guy that they want him to be. I don't any I don't believe that anyone is under impression that he's going to be a bell cow running back. And I do not believe that offenses have become so simplistic that you're going to tip your hand because of who your personnel. All Right, you're gonna make sure that everybody. If he had issues catching balls out of the backfield, he better fix them for someone he won't be here, because that's just the way it's gonna go. And and you know, look, I was really shocked by them not mak in a move at the running back position. Obviously we talk about Deuce Vaughn. That's a major acquisition, but still, how does he fit into the chemistry and the rotation on this team? And may have to be special teams also returned things like that and making contributions. But look, they're gonna have to get that third down running back. You're gonna have to get the guy to carry the load. I do not believe that Tony Pollack is going to be seventeen games every game. You're a guy that you're twenty five to twenty six carry. I don't you can't drive a guy down like that. We saw the effects that it had even on Zeke. But so they have to get someone else, I don't know if Jones is that guy ric O'donald Malik Davis. Like again, it was shocking to me that they didn't go into the draft and get a guy. So whatever game plan they have, they putting a lot of pressure. They're putting a lot of pressure on Tony Pollack. I'm looking at Green Bay and I'm looking at AJ Dillon and Aaron Jones, and I'm saying, listen, if that's the recipe that you want to have. Because of AJ Dillon, they catching out of backfield like Aaron Jones, but they mix him up perfectly for both of them to be able to get in there and be successful.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: Hello? So I'm trying I'm trying to pull up going on man, Yeah, welcome the players sounds No, I'm trying to pull up.
Speaker 1: The Packers Super Bowl rushing numbers here when they won it, Jerry World and so they ran the ball first off. Guess how many times they ran the ball in that Super Bowl winning.
Speaker 2: The McCarthy twenty five thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 1: James Starks had eleven carres for shout out to the Mac after the Buffalo Weapon. Aaron Rodgers had two.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about this stuff about that's a lie.
Speaker 3: Maybe the lab, maybe the lab healthy mountains.
Speaker 2: Did they win the game? All right? So I mean all that is irrelevant. You get thirteen times, so two of them was Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, minus two. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So they ran it.
Speaker 1: They had a total of fifty yards rushing in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And one what was Aaron Rodgers stats?
Speaker 1: Two carries minus oh yeah, thirty four no, no, twenty four thirty nine, three hundred and four yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: I would run that thing, he would Burger.
Speaker 3: But who does the lack of running game affect most for our offense? Like if we're not able to consistently run that football like we were last year at times that who does it affect the most?
Speaker 2: But I mean that's why you go in there and you get Brandy Cooks, you get your tight end who's going to help you be able to hopefully run the ball and still do some of the stuff that shows did. So he's like, hey man, I got more weapons now, so maybe you still putting it on. Do you believe? Do you believe what you just like the wires, I believe if we don't run the ball like like like I want us to run the ball. I think we're gonna end up the same way that we did for the last two years, end up getting to the playoffs and then get bounced out early because you're not able to play defense, I mean not able to run the ball, so you can help your defense out.
Speaker 1: Now this is pay some what you said. Another great kind of Conrad station. And you guys know the off the record conversations. I love to chat with Brian Schottenheimer because Schottenheimer's whole thing has been about running the ball when he was with the Jets. And then obviously you got there with Pete Carroll. You know Pete want to run, which why Rusk got all man and I got to cook, trade me and fire them. And then of course we all know his father, the legendary Marty Schttenheimer, who should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, was about running the ball, who obviously Mike's spoken about many times that he learned from. How do they all get together to decide what do we do with this run game? This is going to be very interesting. Do they bring in a veteran free agent? I do not believe Ezekiel Elliot is coming back anything. If anything. I think Ezekiel Elliott should go sign with the Charger. Yes, yeah, Stepfa Gilmore's got but I think Ezekiel Elliott with the Chargers fits. He knows Kellamore's offense. You got my old boy trying to sit up here and hold out Eckler and Eckler's you know, they need a guy who can convert on the one third two. I think Ezekiel ellen would be fantastic with the Chargers. So will McLay Can he go find someone? I believe he can. But this is gonna be a very interesting kind of conversation about what do they do with this run game between Schottenheimer, McCarthy and this new or lioned coach and with the staff they have. What's the availability of power? I mean, there's a lot, there's a lot of fun stuff, which is a really cool thing about what we're doing. What we're doing the.
Speaker 2: Show, that's gonna be a competitive rule. The competition to that room for guys who are trying to fight for playing time and special teams and getting it there first, second, third, now back, that's gonna be a very competitive.
Speaker 1: This is what we need. Let's hit a break here, come back with our Final Seven with Barry Church, Sir Pat Maharrison, the LSU National Champion, Miss Smoothe King himself.
Speaker 2: David Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King and Smoothie King won to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothieking and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Once you use the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for.
Speaker 5: Just ten bucks with free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb.
Speaker 5: Go to get Jack Black dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys. The Jack Black playmaker, Tim Bucks free Shipping.
Speaker 6: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 10: No one knows where this market will go. Things could change tomorrow, next week, or next month. At Merrill, we've been here before and history shows this is the time to stay focused on your future because through every market, the bowl will always have your back. Find an advisor in North Texas at mL dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash publish Meryl, a Bank of America company. What would you like the power to do? Investing involves risk.
Speaker 10: Marylynch, pier Spender and Smith, Incorporated, Registered broker deal a registered Investment Advisor number SIPC, a holy own subsidiaria of Bank.
Speaker 2: Of American Quarter.
Speaker 9: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Head to Miller Lighthouse at a T T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller Light on Saturday, May thirteenth, from two to seven pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos and food truck options while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. Admission and parking for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival are free. Visit at t stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information.
Speaker 1: See you there, emon himself, remember.
Speaker 3: Says every man. He Wow cat, Hey, Wow, there you go. Emo baby.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It is man, Barry Church, Heat Harrison, Danny mcram new Struts playing Sae brought to.
Speaker 2: You by after this movie. Key, All right, now you got it outside, walk up here with us, you both for myself. Nothing, I expect that to all that can I brought you less trying to get me on it.
Speaker 3: He got me looking like pooky cold thatd.
Speaker 1: D get kicker, Gosh, who is it? Have we sit talking all day long about running backs off. It's blind. Uh need a kicker?
Speaker 2: Why is this a conversation?
Speaker 1: Did you see Brett my hurt?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, why why do we have to keep suffering through the my herds like this kick?
Speaker 1: Why are we not fixing this? Who's the last consistent one? It was one of my man, Bailey. Bailey, Bailey was the last consistent guy. Bailey that.
Speaker 2: It was all good.
Speaker 1: Till wouldn't got to mind somebody though, and the guy they had kickers tracted to.
Speaker 2: Now, then we got the guy from Texas Tech what was his name, supposed to have a jay didn't make out of camp right, Like, that's crazy. That was one of the toughest battles was.
Speaker 1: And nobody felt good about it. But that that kid from Michigan, I think I think the Patriots took him. He hit a fifty nine yarder at the Fiesta, Bo's all time leading score. I mean, I'd never seen that, I said in person, it's been a minute since I seen somebody booting like that in college. That kid, that kid was good. And so there was some you know, a guy like that. I thought, well, maybe the Cowboys could get Tom. I think he went fourth round for the Patriots so well, and obviously I know he went to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, he was a goal.
Speaker 1: And so they've got into the thought process. Is Robbie Gold's making good money? They had to pay Nick Bosa, so we'll draft a kicker low price, and Robbie Gold is gone. But does Robbie Gold want to come here? And is Jerry willing to pay him his number? You obviously know Robbie Gold very well, Danny from your time in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, Robbie go was a good leader. He was one of those guys. We had Jod Camillison there, and Jody would call on me to kind of give instruction, but he would also when the coach calls you up to break it down right, that means that you had to respect of the guys around you. So Robbie would also, you know, take us to Dave and Busters and make sure that the special teams kind of got that camaraderie going together. So I think it's a great guy. I think he's great for the locker room. Does the price tag work for us? I mean, when you look at the situations that we were in in the last season, where you weren't sure if you were gonna be able to kick it at any time at all. Then you say, you know what, I think so right, because you thought it was you thought it was worth it when Dan Bailey was here, when you know you had a guy who you could depend on. The Ravens and Justin Tucker, they feel comfortable with what they got right there, right, and that price tag is okay. So I think if we can get a guy like Robbie Go to come in here and be something consistent for us where we know, hey, man, it's forty five and get the kickoff team ready because he's gonna make it, then I think it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't see them giving you know, mahar An opportunity to because at what point the man was back to back sixty yard bombs.
Speaker 2: I mean like he no, I understand, Like I'm positive. Heck, you're taking my role right. You got to stop that. Stop that right now. It's getting too expensive not to do something. You know, you just get too expensive.
Speaker 1: The press conference, remember I tell you what they don't say the press conference, Jerry came out said that we're looking so Brett Maher will not be back. You can't scare the eighty year old man in the playoffs like that, and you shanky left the right. No, he's done. He had a second chance, you know, and Jerry, Jerry, this is the second chance he gave it to. No, he's not going to do that again, and he shouldn't.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't.
Speaker 1: So mister Mahard, good luck along the way. But no, but I'm I'm with you. Pay that number for peace of mind, just for the at least. What is the Chris Pine? What's the percentage of games won in the National Football League by three points or less? I mean it's very hot. I mean it's just it is. It matters as the bottom line as it matters. And this is an area where to me write the check. If you know Robbie Gold on the market, write the check. They could have had the care from Texas. Of course his name ended up going with the Chargers. Yes, yes, there was a guy who you chose not to get. Even you get a guy to get stashed and he should have done something, but they didn't. So unless you want to go develop a guy, which I don't think there it doesn't sound like Jared moved to develop go sign Go, sign a guy that I've played with, Mam mur Cray over here and get him in the building, because you just you just cannot risk it. It's just too the games are too close, too close.
Speaker 2: Was hitting the.
Speaker 1: Kicker before we hit out of here? I just wanted to go back over the twenty twenty two draft. Year Tyler Smith started every game last year. Check Sam Williams. Year two are under Dan Quinn. Let's see where Sam goes. But clearly when they didn't take the kid Nolan Smith from George, I think that was a saying. That was them thinking of Sam Williams. Hey, we've got a guy here.
Speaker 2: We like it.
Speaker 1: We're development. Jalen Tolbert got to start to show something.
Speaker 2: The look on your start, you're just speaking to us with the start.
Speaker 3: So so this.
Speaker 1: Jake Ferguson in the fourth round, YEP, that was extremely solid. Matt Well, let's go. Who as we said, they like Matt Well, let's go. They think he has starter ability.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Fifth round, by the way, well let's go was the first fifth round, the second fifth rounder. Dron Bland.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's a win. Yeah, it's a win for show. Okay.
Speaker 1: Then you had uh in the fifth round, another fifth round, you had John Ridgeway, a a they made and regretted because he's gone to Washington and he's played. Then you got Devin Harper, the linebacker out of Oklahoma. So I'm just looking at these. I'm just saying, I still think they can come out of this if well, let's go becomes a a top back up, maybe starter. This this draft still has the potential looking good. We saw Jaylen Tobert with Dak in the at the hockey game, trying to stand by and stick by. So apparently he's over there camp Dak. I didn see him at the Miami Grand Prix with Dak with.
Speaker 2: That, No, he has, he has c D with him. He had who he needed with him. That's who he needed to keep close is number eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Maybe Jayden was parking the car. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe so maybe. So he's gonna have to work for every bit of this. He's got to work for every bit. He should be. Turtle, I'm not involved in none of that conversation.
Speaker 1: Turtle. That's what Jaylen Jalen told Turtle.
Speaker 2: From this this band is a receiver. What's you call him? Turtle?
Speaker 1: Turtle, Turtle, was everywhere around.
Speaker 2: T get better. Man, that's stamp down Turtle. He's gonna he's gonna surprise you this year. Watch he goes surprise. I hope he does, because standing.
Speaker 1: Next to him, man, he asked to Barry Church. Thank you, heck Ma Harrison, thank you, Jenny mccraie, thank you. I know he struggs. This has been players bought you buy Tostitos, a little bit of Smoothie King.
Speaker 9: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.