Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of two Teas and Pod with myself and Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Erica Jane, and we are here to recap Real Housewives of Orange County Season eighteen, Episode sixteen, London Town.
Speaker 2: I'm like getting sad that this is coming.
Speaker 4: To an end, I know, but then we get the reunion.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the husband's and significant others are going to be there? I hope not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that on some franchises they encourage it or they like it, and they you know, Andy has told me himself that he likes it when the husbands are significant others get involved. I don't, and I'll tell you why because.
Speaker 2: Like, so what? But also, it's not the show I'm watching. Do you think we're going to get a John Janssen outsiding? Like is he going to be in the dressing room where she gets glam man?
Speaker 4: Come on, you should be able to be woman enough to walk in on your own, on your own two feet. If you've talked all this ship, you can walk in that fucking studio, sit down on that couch and argue your case by yourself if I had to go through what I went through on my own. Honey, you can do this.
Speaker 2: Has there ever been a season on Beverly Hills that you've been on that the husbands were there? But all the p K and I get into it.
Speaker 5: Oh right, but there.
Speaker 2: Was no Tom. Tom never came home. So it was like, so who knows?
Speaker 5: I because how many more episodes do we have.
Speaker 2: To the Union?
Speaker 5: Two? One, one seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so guys, our time has gone quickly. Here.
Speaker 5: Time flies when you're having fun.
Speaker 2: We've had fun.
Speaker 5: We've had figured out a way to have fun. Who would have thunk it?
Speaker 4: Guys, Listen, I bring the best out of you whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's how I fell when we first met.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't turn me back to the old me.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're in London.
Speaker 5: We're in London.
Speaker 2: Jen says she is an idiot to think she was Tamar's friend for a year. She tells Tamar that she doesn't have a soul, and Tamra says they weren't in a good place. I think, for the eight millionth time, I don't think these two were ever friends.
Speaker 4: It's possible that Jen overestimated their friendship. So does that make sense? Jen and Ryan worked out at Eddie and Tamara's gin and wasn't Jen Eddie's client.
Speaker 2: Correct, But I don't imagine you were friends with all of your husband's clients. And I am not friends with all of my husband's clients. Nor do I think that having a dinner like let's say they went to dinner once or twice together.
Speaker 4: That's not considered a friend. That's an acquaintance.
Speaker 2: That's an acquaintance. Tamar tells Heather. Two years ago, a man came up to her saying he can't believe Ryan would show his face after he was named in a lawsuit about selling time shares in another country and they weren't building them, they were collecting the HOA money anyway. Allegedly, Tamra sent it to Shannon, and Shannon said to get information on it. Shannon didn't show Jin the entire text message. So the text messager between Tamra and Shannon to give backstory. Leslie Badour or whatever her current name is, they already divorced. Yes, Oh well, they've gone back and forth multicle times. So Leslie, Leslie's has somebody. Her ex was allegedly suing.
Speaker 4: Ryan for the timeshare thing for the timeshare thing. Okay, I wonder what happened with that case.
Speaker 5: It's hold on, it's a riddle with it. What's your time?
Speaker 4: A riddle repped? I'm a riddle rept I'm an enigma. I'm gonna enigma repped in a riddle in cash.
Speaker 5: This is a real riddle.
Speaker 4: This is a real Yeah, this is a real riddle.
Speaker 2: What this tells me? They're both immersed in talking about this couple, both of them, both of them. Not one person is exempt from this? Am I saying it's right? Am I saying what Tamar did is right? Am I saying that I would never do such a thing. No, you wouldn't, you would. I would imagine, Well, lawsuits are public records. What was a human being that was on our show that threatened me and you? Oh yeah, And I would say I did a fair amount of research on him to find out his history after he did.
Speaker 4: Such, I agree, Yes, yes, yes, yes you did.
Speaker 2: I did not ever say to you, let's send it to production. No, but I did send information like this happened. This happened, This happened, yes, and it was not for public consumption, but it was human nature to find out about a person who made me feel very uncomfortable and threatened.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is true.
Speaker 2: Do we know if these if they're starting this because according to what Tamar said on the show was that this was when Tamor wasn't even on the show. Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When you go to hire someone to do a background check on someone else's partner, it's like that, I don't care that much.
Speaker 2: A background check is one thing. Well, a little recon Yes, this is a more dramatic version, but this is the same exact shit.
Speaker 5: We're dealing with.
Speaker 2: When it came to Katie and Heather and Gina and the paparazzi picks and what so and so said, it's all shit that's happening off camera.
Speaker 4: That's very hard to explain on camera. And what happens is it does a disservice to the audience because you only get a part of the story and everyone else is saying, no, this happened, this happened, this happened. It's very difficult to do well.
Speaker 5: Anyways, this is.
Speaker 2: It just shows us both listen.
Speaker 4: My opinion, from what I've seen, I think that both Shannon and Tamra have gone extra links to get background information on Ryan.
Speaker 2: I think they've also been on the show a very long time.
Speaker 4: And this is how it's done down.
Speaker 2: There, and this is how they all Apparently.
Speaker 4: The Taylor Armstrong thing was interesting.
Speaker 2: I know, I was a little bit confused on that.
Speaker 4: Well, Taylor's husband's a lawyers, so he would have access to other informations. So reach out to Taylor and ask her.
Speaker 2: And also to remember that Taylor is also scorned from Shannon because once Taylor no longer got asked to come back to the show, Shannon dropped her the same way that Shannon dropped Tamora, and Tama was not asked back. I see, So it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also think that you know, when she said my husband doesn't do that kind of work, I'm with Taylor on that one, like, yeah, you don't, your husband doesn't. You guys don't need to get involved, um no, something else.
Speaker 2: But then so we get through all these texts where Jen clearly doesn't see the whole picture. She's only seeing Tamor coming for her, when clearly this is both of them doing it. That's our long and short of this. Correct.
Speaker 5: Yep, both people are.
Speaker 2: In the wrong. Both people are in the wrong, and we see in next week's episode allegedly Ryan might be in the wrong as well. Yeah, where there's smoke most of the time there. We already know.
Speaker 4: We're not giving it away. We already know, and we've already said on this show that Ryan, you know, has cooperated with the government, and you know what that means. Yeah, everybody knows what that means.
Speaker 5: Then Shannon's daughter took the took the train, which I.
Speaker 4: Thought was great. How cool is it for Shannon to be It's her birthday, She's in London and her twin daughters happened to be in Paris. They took the train. I'm gonna tell you something. They're They're really cute and they've been having a good time. I can tell by their voices. They've been out, they going, they've been out.
Speaker 2: But I like that they have. They seem to all have a good relationship. I liked seeing it. It was really sweet.
Speaker 5: It was nice. It was very sweet.
Speaker 2: Shannon tells them that Tamar has not been kind to her. They tell Shannon.
Speaker 4: It's a toxic friendship or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, you know, one of the new words that we all use all the time, Tamra says she went candle This is where it gets a lot.
Speaker 4: I told you these side fights were going to break out. I'm this right here with your friend Emily. Okay, let's get into this.
Speaker 2: So Tamra says she went candle making with Katie and Katie's daughter, and Katie's daughter said she baby, said Emily's sons, and they told her they don't like Heather because she.
Speaker 4: Is mean to their mom and bossy.
Speaker 2: Emily says her boys said Katie's daughter was the one to call Heather mean. Gina says Emily won't let Katie's daughter baby sit again. Heather said, to use your child as a megaphone is insane. I love the word megaphone, Heather. That was hilarious. I can't help but remember when Dagger goes, you're the bad guy, you know.
Speaker 4: Like I said, like I said, maybe he was prompted, come on, but I think bad guy, bad guy, And he had the nerve as I'm sitting next to Lisa Venna, who is my you know, come on, we're both bad guys and not really, but you know, he poised to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, sweetie, what about her?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What about the person at the end of the table.
Speaker 4: What about the other lady whose restaurant we're in. We're talking about bad guy. You're pointing the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know you looked up from your iPad to give me a point, but you should have pointed down there.
Speaker 4: Dead kids. iPad was intense.
Speaker 2: That was with the tweets, Oh my god, and the scroll this this is what I say. You know what, my fans, I'm a Desmond it's very sunset boulevard. But I do want to I am a little bit curious on so what.
Speaker 4: Do you think happened here?
Speaker 2: I I actually am prone to believe Emily on this fact. I was too. And that's I mean, I know I do a podcast with her, so maybe I'm biased, but I don't. We're as whether we're conscious or unconscious. Emily is not like when Emily and.
Speaker 4: All had said something that she did not have her babysit again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See that was to me, like I want to say anything, I never had her babysit again. Well, this is going to come up at the reunion, yeah, and probably comes up in the next episode.
Speaker 2: I mean, how is Heather Dubrow even going to come up in a conversation with two eight year olds and their babysitter, Like, I doubt Emily's sons were like, bitch.
Speaker 5: We want ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, can you even with Heather Dubrow think two eight year old boys are really sweating?
Speaker 2: You know, Heather du Brow? I mean I talked to Emily multiple times a week on the pod, and I don't think you're going to.
Speaker 4: Talk about the kidska Gina says she won't let Katie's Yeah, Genis says Emily won't like Katie's daughter babysit.
Speaker 2: Again, Katie really has it out for Heather. I wonder why do you think it's because of Gina? Do you think somebody put something in your head?
Speaker 4: I think it's because she's new and she just she doesn't know she know what she doesn't know.
Speaker 2: She hasn't known what she doesn't know. But then they have an English dining etiquette class.
Speaker 4: That poor lady that was trying to give these ladies some etiquette, she just looked horrified.
Speaker 2: I want to know how long that etiquette class was. We'll say, all a pissed.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. I like an etiquette class, and I'll tell you why. It's good to know because you can pull it out when you need it. You don't have to have it all the time. It's good to have that knowledge, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind having it. I don't know that I need to have it on camera. Yeah, but it's something for them to do.
Speaker 4: It's interesting. It is very British or English or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, she first brings up what you used your napkin for, Emily asked Ham or what she uses her napkin for, referring to her throwing a napkin in someone's face multiple times.
Speaker 5: M h, have you ever thrown a napkin in someone's face?
Speaker 4: No, I've never thrown anything in anyone on these on the shows.
Speaker 2: I love that you've added on the shows.
Speaker 4: And I'm not really well and hold on, but not even in real life, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I'm not a thrower. I threw my retainer at somebody in the eighth grade.
Speaker 4: That you're supposed to in the eighth grade, you're supposed to throw your Oliah.
Speaker 2: I'm still pissed that you paged Bobby.
Speaker 4: Did you have a pager?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: It was agg plant I die and then I would have to get my suitcase phone out you had one of those fucking phones.
Speaker 4: Oh you bit, you were cool.
Speaker 2: You had a fucking like I peaked, I peaked early, yeah, and then it went down.
Speaker 4: Well it's fine. You really had one of those like like almost like satellite phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They were ginormous.
Speaker 4: And you're like, well were you talking?
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to? Anyone that wasted money before we went broke? Wasting money, shitting money, bad some ash it. I love pagers, all of it.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: What was your first car?
Speaker 4: A yellow Grandma? Oh wait, I thought you had money.
Speaker 2: No, that was a gift from well, we by that time we had downside. My dad had gotten me a yellow Grandma. He had asked me what my dream car was and I was like a yellow.
Speaker 4: And he got you a yellow.
Speaker 2: Kremlin and with the vanity plate the Grimster.
Speaker 4: Your dad is too much. I didn't even know they made gremlins in.
Speaker 2: The ages because they were dangerous.
Speaker 4: Well I remember a kid, there was the Gremlin and the Chavette and there was they were very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they were. I mean they would because the gas tank was right now like the Pento, like the Pento, but mine, unfortunately did not have the little uh Twizzlers hang down that they but yeah, yellow Gremlin, Yeah the grimster, super cool dude loved it. Then Heather says they should say their best and worst part of the day. I love I Love a Housewife game.
Speaker 4: You know it's always going to hell when this happens. Let's play a game because I'm want to.
Speaker 2: I want to think about the last time you and I sat at dinner and we're like, let's play a game.
Speaker 4: Never what was the last game that we ever had to play on camera?
Speaker 2: Fu Well, the last, the one that pretty much did me in was at Kyle's house when I was strategically sat next to Sutton pregnant. Tell us your favorite and least favorite thing about the person next.
Speaker 4: To you you were pregnant, leave.
Speaker 2: It alone, whatever, But that was another fun game. I was so happy there was name cards at that dinner.
Speaker 4: You know, when you know, when you see the name cards, you're fucked. You're fucked, You're fucked.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I am so thrilled to not have a name card and make my own, I'm telling you. Then Tamra calls Shannon a liar and a drunk.
Speaker 4: Camera is really letting folks have it on this show. She's letting that's that's too much, Like you say drunk, that's yeah, it's a step too far, and it's too far.
Speaker 2: I think the part that's giving people a hard time to reconcile in this behavior is there are so many years that they loved each other. Yes, there's been so many fights, but then why is there so much tension, anger and resentment because somebody's struggling into.
Speaker 4: That because we know something, we know each other. I'm speaking like, you know, the audience doesn't see the relationships that happen, and you get so frustrated with someone, and that's what I sense that is happening here. They're both frustrated with each other, like they're both at each other's throats.
Speaker 2: And once you see somebody playing a game, I'm not saying it's either Tamra or Shannon, but once you see somebody trying to manipulate the audience, yeah, I think that starts to come into their head.
Speaker 4: A lot of things happen at this point in this season. You're tired, you're you're figuring out where people's stories are and what they are saying, which may or may not be what you've witnessed. And it gets irritating and everybody gets on your nerves at this point. Yeah, but I do think that a drunk was too far.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 5: It's it's hard because.
Speaker 2: You know, watching it back, it just looks bad. It's not great. Jen tells Tamar to shut her mouth about Ryan, and Tamer says, why Tara's just on a roll. She's on a good one. She was on a good one. And why is he going to put a hit on me?
Speaker 5: We should put these in like TAM's quotes.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's you know, talk about getting.
Speaker 5: It in getting it.
Speaker 2: And then later that night, Tamra says to Heather that Shannon called her before last year through reunion to dig up dirt on Gina and said they need to get John Taylor Romstrong's husband to get involved. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh so they wanted to know if Gina pushed Travis down the stairs because there was an article that came out saying that Gina was accused of pushing Travis down the stairs during a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when Gina got her DUI Okay, this was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: I tell you what this fucking Orange County is. Like Peyton plays and what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Who's like Shannon wanted to find out if Gina pushed Travis down the stairs. There was an article that came out that saying Gina was accused of pushing Travis down the stairs and bringing something like this that happened off camera up on.
Speaker 4: So does that change how Gina feels about Shannon? I mean, you saw her face in the moment, just be like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Well, but then we learned a key piece of information that I don't think we knew. That information is why Gina moved out from Travis because allegedly Travis's ex wife was spreading those rumors that I did not know until that moment I was. I thought, yeah, I had made up my own decision, right, Yeah, yeah, but that makes a lot of sense. That would be a reason why if you still love somebody, but that it's that toxic with their ex that they're willing to make up those stories.
Speaker 4: And that's yeah, that's another level.
Speaker 2: The next morning, Shannon has stomach craps from not going to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Katie brings Shannon, Oh, Katie brings the anima.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Katie, it was Katie and Gina.
Speaker 2: But why did they need to stand in the backroom. I didn't like that.
Speaker 4: And then there were no noises and what about the smell? I mean, I just wanted to say something like, if we're going to do it, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: And you kept your mic on. You take your mic off every time you're annoyed, but you're not going to take your mic off to enema. Look, and then Katie said she was gonna maybe help her.
Speaker 5: What was she going to do? Put like she is bare?
Speaker 2: You put a Q tip in their butat with like vasoline?
Speaker 4: No, please don't give that visual. Well, but I don't want the visual of Shannon getting an enema either.
Speaker 2: I don't want this. Well, you don't even know that. Shannon used to have a what is it called the Colon's place? She used to have at home colonic she was selling. Maybe that's why she and we saw her and two other housewives Koloni king Jen on her first season colonic at Shannon in Shannon's bathroom. No, would you like to do a colonic?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I do listen right outside while you're how's it going in there? Did you imagine?
Speaker 5: Just stud.
Speaker 4: My god, I can't believe we're making these noises, somebody.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of time after ship, but I can still walk.
Speaker 4: I mean, how long had she not taking a dimp?
Speaker 5: Three days? We learned it.
Speaker 2: Was how much food are you consuming? Like, well, what about when Emily said, you know, with her to say it was similar to having twins and birthing twins, when Shannon actually did birth twins, that's insanity. But the problem is that this was Katie's biggest contribution of the episode was getting the enema. Did we hear Shay anything out?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I listened, came out. Other people took precedent. Yeah, we haven't gotten into Katie's gonna get blown up later on.
Speaker 2: Well, then Emily tells Heather that she was going to let go of what happened between her sons and Katie's daughter, and she says she doesn't talk about adult material in front of her children.
Speaker 5: And then at.
Speaker 2: Lunch, Tamer tells Gina that Shannon consulted an attorney to find out if Gina threw Travis down the stairs. At this point, the game of telephone is too much. We've now heard the same story five times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's it's true, right, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gina says, Travis's ex wife is telling lies to blogger.
Speaker 5: She chose to separate.
Speaker 2: I was at this moment Gina's ability to maintain composure.
Speaker 4: It's really good, I think so. But she was really good, Gina, Gina, and you can see it on her face.
Speaker 2: It's like, I can't believe you just crossed this line. Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon walks in and Gina confronts her about what Tamar said. Shannon tells Tamara that she was the one who showed her the story. Tamra says she spoke to Taylor on the phone and confirmed it all. Shannon says, her purpose.
Speaker 4: I love that, Well, I talked to Taylor last night. If I'm just I'm in London and I just happened to ring Taylor.
Speaker 2: Well, I just you know, I phone, Well, I talked to Taylor last night. I was like, girl, just to let her know what it's like that she's not invited here right now, and to get the juice. Shannon says her purpose was to clear her name and that Tamar is the one who investigates everyone. Tamor y was bullshit, and Shannon tells her to face away from her, Shannon walks out with her birthday.
Speaker 4: The birthday cake comes up. My favorite is when she looks into the camera. I'm not doing this or I'm dead whatever.
Speaker 2: I quit on the patio takes the micro I love, but it's just like this, and then you know productions like now's time to reveal the cake, right, take the cake.
Speaker 5: Take you know what.
Speaker 2: We've been here six and a half hours, but now the are so good.
Speaker 5: Bring the cake.
Speaker 4: I just want to say I have enjoyed this trip to London. I've enjoyed. I told you all these side fights were going to happen.
Speaker 2: They are. I'm thoroughly entertained. I need to know if you were on that trip. Okay, who you would room with?
Speaker 4: I could room with Heather, I could room it seems like Emily's cool. I think I could room with any of them. Yeah, honestly, I don't think that there's I would not want to. I couldn't. I have my own legal problem, so I probably wouldn't room with Shannon, just because I mean, I just do I I don't need it, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, I can't. I have enough. I also don't do well with after conversation. Conversations, you mean that the room.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to the room and rehash what happens, yes, and break it to special group.
Speaker 5: I would get annoyed by those.
Speaker 2: Well at some point, well it's a very long time, and you know, and that's when I really fun up, after this, after the conversation, when they do it to you. Yeah, they got you on the ropes. Yep.
Speaker 4: They wear you down, they wear and then you're everything that you've thought about all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Once you put your pajamas on. It's free game.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. It doesn't count. Yeah. Oh my gosh. Well, thank you guys for tuning in. We'll be back next week to recap the season for now. Oh my god, I'm excited. Who yay