Speaker 1: Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL Playoffs, is bringing you an offer that will help make the playoffs electrifying. New customers can bet five bucks on any game and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and see code Shannon. New customers can bet just five bucks and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with the code Shannon.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us for the after super Bowl edition of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite, UNC Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: He's your favorite, Number eighty five route runner, extraordinaire, Bengals legend, Ring of Famer, pro bowler, all pro. He was that had a front row seat for that. What my own's magic, my homeboy. Please that you bet against about to get we about to get into it. We about to get it in to it. But I need you to run in my money too. Please make sure y'all like hit that subscribe button. Thank you for making the live such a job enormous success. That's something that O Joe and myself and the team we're thinking about possibly taking this show on the road a couple of times over the next several months, and so thank you guys, and we'll definitely keep you updated about what cities and states that we're going to be coming to, and hopefully it's one near you. Please make sure y'all subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can get it through Club shay Shape, but Nightcap has its own podcast feed.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you again.
Speaker 1: You sold out my stock of Shave by Laportier, but I've been on the phone with them and hopefully we'll have some at least by the end of the week. We've had to read how do I say this, We've had to re order, had to reassess the amount of the model of cases that we're going to produce, and so we basically had to triple that. And so thanks to you, guys that's making Shave by Laportier such a huge success, because nothing happens without you. And basically the only marketing that I do that I do is on my social media plage and my social media platform, So I want to thank you guys for making this possible. We've been nominated for an NAACP Image Award for the Art, Sports and Entertainment Outstanding podcast. We pinned the link. Jordan did this thing, so please make sure you go vote for us. Oh jo, we had a dowsy. We had a dosy. It didn't start out as a duzy.
Speaker 3: I said, it was no, no, no, no. Listen, the first half. I'm gonna just say, the first half was band. The first half is band. You could have dozed off, could have dozed off. Even if you love the game of football.
Speaker 2: That was some. It was some boo jack. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took the dogs out to go part in. You know I would do I would do it a whole lot of other stuff. But let's get it right. You beat the forty nine Ers in overtime twenty five, twenty two, Oh Joe. This is the first time under the new rules in the playoffs, both teams was going to position. That's the football, So even if the forty nine has scored a touchdown, the Chiefs were gonna get an opportunity to match.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He's become the first team in twenty years to win back to back Super Bowl. The last team to do it the three tozer four Patriots. Mahomes earned his third Super Bowl MVP and four seasons thirty four and forty six, three thirty three two touchdowns, won the Spson. He's now one of five quarterbacks in league history to win at least three Super Bowls, joining Tom Brady who won seven, Joe Montana, who won for Terry Bradshaw, who won for Troy Aikman who won three. Eigman and Holmes twenty eight are the only ones in that group to win three before their thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Let that sink in.
Speaker 1: He's won three super Bowls, three Super Bowl MVPs, two regular season MVPs, two five thousand yard passing seasons, a fifty touchdown passing season.
Speaker 2: Yoh shoe.
Speaker 1: And he's two years he's two years before his thirtieth birthdayanhuman. Across the last two postseasons, Oho Mahomes is gone seven to zero, throwing thirteen touchdowns with one an exception. And now he's fifteen and three in the postseason and it's post young postseason career.
Speaker 2: So after to night, hopefully, hopefully we can put the bed.
Speaker 1: There's no quarterback that's currently playing that's his stratusphere. Now you take the other quarterbacks that you believe our elite, and you let them, jockey it out, you put them in a bag, and whichever one you come out with, I'm sure you'll be happy. But we've got to stop this notion your quarterback is just as good as Mahomes because he's not, because first of all, he doesn't have the regular season accolades, and he definitely doesn't have the postseason accolades. And in the biggest moments, Mahome plays his best. But oh Joe, you were at the game. What was certain take away from the game.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously, there was really not much to talk about in the first half. The first half of it was loosy, like you did say earlier. But that second hal that second half of the game was some of the best football that I was able to watch in person. And I was on the edge of my seat the second half. I wasn't able to sit down obviously because of the bet that I did make. I was extremely nervous. I was very, very, very nervous. The forty nine ers look good. The play calling by Shanahan to me was good as well. He didn't allow perty, didn't put Purty in a bad position where he could make mistakes, and McCaffrey saved the day. With the run, the short, the short, the quick game. Yes, uh kiddle, what did wasn't involved as much as he should have been, as much as I would have liked for him to been, to give them a chance to also win. And obviously I'm gonna get to this areas twenty in a minute. But Mahomes, my home was special. Home was special. And I'm glad they won due to the on the sideline Kelsey Kelsey and then Rashi, Rice and Mahomes were also arguing on the sideline. I'm not sure what what that might have been about, but I'm glad they did win because that's those two situations and it well.
Speaker 1: Especially Kill because he almost knocked down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And other than that, man, listen that second half, Man, that overtime. I'm not even gonna lie to you. Man, I was so scared.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was so scared.
Speaker 1: But man, but you knew, Oho, you knew if the forty nine ers did not score touchdown, Home was gonna get that ball and.
Speaker 3: Go and go right down the field because he's done it every time, he's done it. He does it every time. And when they when they went for that field goal, I sat back and it was a little weight off my shoulder. It was a little weight off my shoulder because I knew they got an opportunity to go down this field and score. And that's exactly what they did. Yeah, that was some goddamn good football man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old shoe.
Speaker 1: The thing about what makes Mahomes, he's like Brady. If he needs if Brady needed three, he got three. If he needed seven, he got seven. That's exactly what Mahomes is capable of doing. And Oho, I did not. And I'm not going to sit here and saying, oh I saw this coming, because I didn't. I did. I did the entirety of the season. And we watched them drop passes.
Speaker 2: There. See if they drop a pass, I mean, if you want to trunk that, we.
Speaker 1: Got one one right when he home an one if you want to say that one a difficult catch, but rights, at this level and the way he's been playing, he probably should have made that catch. He probably can make that, probably make that catch eight out of ten times. Right offensive line, they would shaky as hell. In the first half, Mahoe was running for his life. Those tackles. Even the guards were giddy beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what green law eight. I don't know what Green Law eight before that goddamn game, before the injury or whatever happened to him. I'm not sure what it was.
Speaker 2: Because it looked like he was about to go too.
Speaker 1: And you can see that when you see that camp reverber rate all the way down.
Speaker 2: It's not a sign. I'm knocking on wood hoping for the best. But it didn't look.
Speaker 3: Good right, Young Bull was all over the place. Fred Warner came to the party. Fred Warner came to the party. Uh, they played well again. Kudo to the forty nine defense, Kudo to the forty nine ers offense. They played a good game. They did everything they could do. They did everything they could do. It's just something about Mahomes and clutch situations when it matters most, he always come through. And when they when they kicked that field goal, I said, you know what, they going down the score. Those two slip screens, Those two slip screens, the slip screen to Proteco first, yeah, and then the second slip screen to Travis Kelce. I ain't see. I didn't see that play all game. No, not like that. I saw the regular screens, you know, the smoke screen, yea yeah, yeah, you're both too man. Those two play calls in those in that moment on that last drive, the march down that field, that was magic. That was magic, Otra magic.
Speaker 1: You remember we talked about this earlier in the year. I say the thing, the key a lot of time. The key to winning playoff game is when you have the momentum, how much separation can you get? Now, the forty nine ers had the momentum in the first half and they only had a ten to three lead.
Speaker 2: That's not enough. You needed to be seventeen to three.
Speaker 1: You needed to be twenty to three because you really dominated the first half of the game. But because because you let matome he can still see your tail lights.
Speaker 3: You needed to disappear.
Speaker 2: You needed to.
Speaker 1: Really disappear, o Jo, because you got the momentum and you let him be and so Andy they going their halftime. It's like you've heard this speech before, Ojo, it's Poorland. As we're playing, we'll only once score down. Yeah, we go out there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It didn't start out great because they go three and out their first two drives. But when you get a situation like that, you have to put some separation between you and if you look at that second half, and you know you're like, Okay, now, y'all, y'all keep on trying to be a party up because y'all wanted people to think he that dude. Yeah not, he's not. And now let me ask him. Did he answer all your questions? Because there's a couple of throws, the money throw. You gotta make those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to make those, especially the game of this magnitude because all those throws count. This this is the game where every throw, every run and I mean mine. Yeah. Mind you remember the two fumbles, Yes, well they kind of they kind of they kind of what's the world I'm looking for? Not eliminate each other because they both fumbled. Yea, they both back to back.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, we know for certain, there's a great there's probably a ninety percent chance we're projecto fumble.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get at least three out of that old Joe.
Speaker 1: Because he fled like the ten was a twelve yard lest So you know they're gonna get three. Now, I'm not exactly where McCaffrey McCaffrey fumble, but there's you know, uh, it's not as the percentages are not the same but you're right.
Speaker 2: One had a.
Speaker 1: Turnover, the other had a turnover, and then Mahomes had a terrible pick because they had Kelsey just over threw it. Yeah, it's really it's really that. It's really that simple there, know, there was no magic about it. Oh, they tricked them and they had this anxiety coverage, know exaety coverage. Kelsey was open and and my home boy sailed the ball. You know, it's really that simple. And that's what happened. But to give him credit, and you see and it started calling more runs. You see on fourth down, faking a get up the field. You see it. He looking to hit those creases because now everybody has their back turned to it and now he's able to he's able to get together, take off and use his leg.
Speaker 2: But he was, he was.
Speaker 1: Mahome was in leading Russia nine for sixty six head along with twenty two the checko what is that? Eighteen eighteen for fifty nine, Rights had two for five. But that was and and Kelsey one kid, He's like, give me the ball. Oh yeah, let that make this thing happen.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what was going on in the first half. I don't understand what's going on in the first half. Obviously, how do you allow a team to dictate you're one of your obviously your best threat outside of Rashid Rice, don't allow the defense to dictate getting your best players of all. I hate that. I hate that. I've discussed it before with other teams. You got, especially a game like this, you have a player of that magnitude probably arguably, I mean, which you would agree with the best tight end to ever play the game. You got to get my.
Speaker 2: Goal for me.
Speaker 1: And if you look at the way he's playing, But oh Jo and look, and this is not a knock on Gronk, because Gronk was very exact same way they play.
Speaker 2: They play at this.
Speaker 1: Level in the regular season and they're able to up it in the postseason, and both guys can do that, and so but I just think had I would have loved to see Gronk have a stretch of health like Kelsey's had, because you remember, Gronk had the back injury, he missed a couple of games with the knee, he had some ankle trouble, he had the elbow, and so he had some issues staying healthy.
Speaker 2: But he's still for me, he's my.
Speaker 1: Second greatest tight end that I that that I believe that's on my list.
Speaker 2: Now you can have I mean a lot of people have Gronk in front of Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Some people might have Antonio Gates, so Tony Gunzales in front of to have at it.
Speaker 3: But that's my list when it comes to that, when it comes to those guys like you Gates wrong, Kelsey, uh, numbers aside. I think it's based on preference. It's based on which because all of them, the different styles of players, they all get the job done, they just get it done in different ways. So I think it comes down to preference. Hell all y'all was good, all y'all, I'm good about the best they ever god damn play, So it ain't really no argument for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean and uh, but he got it. Mahomes got it going because he I thought he could have entered the game in the for and and and and regulation if he gets them all up on that back shower fade to Kelsey when.
Speaker 3: He got against the Warner against Warner, I played.
Speaker 2: That they had against Baltimore last to.
Speaker 3: Baltimore on on Cayle Helm's exactly Yeah, the show was, Yes, I don't. I don't know, Man the Man the forty nine and defense was tired that second half. Well, hell the chief defense was tired too, But for some reason they went they went to man the Man when obviously you could tell the players were gas. God damn, Fred Warner had Kelsey one on one. H. I mean, you know he can't he can't stay with him on that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: As great as Fred Warner is, you know he can't stay with him. Like God, safety and Nickels sometimes have have problems staying with Kelsey.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh Joe, what's the number one? Oh Joe, We're taught in the route to get across the defender's face as the defender.
Speaker 2: Your number one rule. You never let a man cross your face.
Speaker 3: Across your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, offensive line, never let a man cross your face. Defensive line, never let the man cross your face so he can get up on your back.
Speaker 2: Dvs. Never let the receiver cross your face.
Speaker 1: Roll you got man kept coverage and you playing because he played it for the wheel round, he played it for the fade. So now you gotta you kind of splitting the difference. You got your your hit, so he lined up and and so you're splitting him. You're his leg forward leg and you so he gives you a little nod, you open and you open it.
Speaker 2: That's it, over, Is it? All you need?
Speaker 3: All you need, listen, all you need is that small hesitation that look, half a step is done. It's done.
Speaker 2: My position, coach less deco.
Speaker 1: The man that hesitates be yeah every time, And people don't understand.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, all he did. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the elite of the elite. Oh, Joe Mimber, you're talking about race cars. I mean, everybody spending ten thirty forty million dollars. What's the the least mistake giving them the inside, the least mistake you make at this level, it's over.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody that exponentially better?
Speaker 1: Every once in a while you get a mismatch, Ojo, But in most yeah, but in most situations you're talking about the best of the best against the best of the best. But you can't, you can't that that mistake is to play man coverage and leave him out like that, because guess what, you got everybody coming, and so he's got to get over, he's got to get old picks. Now, he did a great job of getting over the pick. But a stay up, a step for trap, it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: This was this game was the second half.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey had ten targets, nine catches for ninety three yards. He had He had eight of those catchers for ninety two of those yards in the second half. Nicole Harriman had an unbelievable game. Oh Joe, how many times are they gonna let them run that whip route where we started?
Speaker 2: Now, they got two touchdowns last year against.
Speaker 3: Phillyp with the whip route, coming in with the motion and then coming back back and coming back out with a snap. Yep, yep. Rashid Rice ran it twice. He caught one and Mahons missed him on the first. Oh no, that was a drop. Yes, that was a drop on the on the whip.
Speaker 1: Sky Moore caught a touchdown last year. Darius Tony called a touchdown last year. So that's two touchdowns. They come back and run that same play. Yeah, now they already know the tight end and Kelsey. Kelsey will even try to get open because he knows that they're gonna try. They gonna sink and they're gonna try to take the seven right, they'll sell around from him. If you go Kelsey doesn't even turn around. He doesn't even turn it around. He already you already know.
Speaker 3: What it is. M M comes in mm hmm in backup, wide open every time you know what I'm damn As a dB, you would damn to have to guess. You would have to guess based on based on film study. But in that situation, in a game like that, you don't want to guess. You want you want to want to play. You want to play with your eyes show you. You want to play with your I show you.
Speaker 1: In that defense, you got no choice because, Okay, if you get on this hip and you run the shallow cross, you beat. If you get ahead of him, you see he's gonna do. He gonna start your head, He's gonna whip it back out on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta play honest.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's what the coach. You just say, Hey, that's on me. I put you in a bad spot, son, that's all you got In a bass spoting you could do that, and you know what I was thinking about, unless.
Speaker 2: Is probably zoned it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once he go in motion EXPI Yeah, Now you run the risk of somebody sitting there down in that zone on your.
Speaker 3: Ass, bingo and and he gonna pick he's gonna pick you off. He's gonna pick you off, and and think it dunk if you do that. But again, I'm not gonna touch on the Cadarius Tony stuff and the struggles that they had offensively in the first half. Obviously Cardarius Tony didn't play was he was a healthy scratch. But I felt and I said this, I think with you guys gonna first take, I said, we need all hands on deck, we need all hands on deck, and we nail all weapons on deck. And obviously I know what happened. I know some of the struggles Kadarius Tony had, but I talked about excuse me, having all hands on deck and him being a weapon that can be used, especially in the first half, because offensively it was so it was so like lethargic, you know, it was very methodical. It didn't look like it seemed like there was no really no creativity offensively, and the forty nine were on everything. You couldn't run the ball, you couldn't throw the ball. Play action wasn't working. Obviously, run it, yeah, exactly, So I thought maybe going to the short game. You know, little quick screens here and there. I just thought having Tony would have been a great answer in the first half when things weren't going the way you want them to, especially offensively. But listen, Tony, he didn't play, but guess what he getting a maringa and he got two here, and he got two up.
Speaker 1: Frustrated with ticket buying experience, game Time is the only ticket app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase. Then let you see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show you total upfront so you always know you're getting a great deal. And it takes no time at all. You can buy tickets and seconds with two taps. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time, download the game Time app creating the count Redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Download the game Time app End of the Cold Nightcap n I G H T C A P for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today. Last Minute Tickets Lloyd's Price guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe did he do it do it? Did he do himself any favors by going on I g.
Speaker 3: Line, No, no, sir, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh jo why why?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: You need to get with him and explain.
Speaker 3: I got him, I got him, I got him. I just there's only so much I could do. In the middle of a season. You got so much going on, emotions are running running high. You want to do well. You think about all the work you put in, and things aren't really going the way you plan. Sometimes that happens. Sometimes it happens, so I understand where it's coming from. Now he can exhale, he can reset, take some time off, and when it's time for him to train, I'm gonna be right. I'm gonna have a cliche strapped up right with him. We gonna work, Oh Joe, what you think Kansas City comes back? A three P mahomes is the m v p hmm.
Speaker 1: We might have to we might have to really call that goat thing into discussion, right because it would be the first time in the history of the game that somebody is repeating, right if we understand how hard it is to repeat. That's why you handt.
Speaker 3: Along three mm hmm. You think you think they have an opportunity. Well, if they're going to repeat.
Speaker 1: They got to bring They got to get CJ. They got to get Lagarious Need, they got to get guys like that.
Speaker 3: Yep, Listen, they not repeating unless you have those two center pieces on defense. Because if you think about it, people in the chat, if you think about it, the regular season for the Kansas City Chiefs, it wasn't about Patrick Mahomes. It was about Spagnolia. And they got their defense yea. And the way and the way they held them about the entirety of the season. And obviously, you play, you play, you play, you play great DV. You play great defense, and you leave it in my home hands when it's time to win the back trying to win the game. And he's gonna come through for you every time because he's someone that you can put everything, the onus and winning the game on him when it matters.
Speaker 2: Most O Joe, that muff punt.
Speaker 1: H hit the blocker, hit the blocker shut. Yeah, I mean you know, oh Joe, I mean you can't say should have fell on it. He should have fell on instead.
Speaker 3: To pick it up. That's the rule.
Speaker 1: No, O Joe, that situation, you don't play hero ball that I said, Look, you try to tell yourself, hey man, just just a football game. Bro. It's just like all the rest of them. The feel is the same, difference, the points count the same. A touchdown a six, a safetiest too, A field gold is three, a p a t if you kick it is one. You go for it and get it, it's two. But you can't trick your mind. Your mind know what the magnitude of this game is. So you tell yourself all you want to is just the game. But you know, you understand, you can feel it. The moment driving to the stadium, people are waving. They got the banners, they got your banners, they got the other teams banners. On the way till stadium. You could come out on that field, o joke. You know how it was. Think about all the all the people that was already in the stands, think about all the people that were on the field.
Speaker 2: So you like, hold on this.
Speaker 1: Itsh ain't regular And when the when was the last time you had a regular season game that you were there from somewhere from Sunday to Monday. You have had a regular season game you were somewhere from Sunday to Monday, so your body, no hold on. I ain't used just sleeping in their beds so far in there like this this list.
Speaker 3: It is different. It's different.
Speaker 1: I ain't used to have used to having all the meetings every day in a hotel room, right, and then we have a big meeting in a conference room. That ain't normal, right, But that and sometimes that's what it takes. It takes, and the momentum swung big time at that point in time, and you're just like, Okay, they tried to get it back. But that block Pat, that block Pat is that was that was that was a huge jojo that was you.
Speaker 3: Know, that fifty yard field goal was huge.
Speaker 1: Well, Buck got legs straight straight down the line, straight down the line, and the Chief was down by Remember they were down by ten the first time they played the forty nine ers. They was down by ten against the Eagles. They've been they were down ten to night. What else does Mahomes have to what does he what else you have to do with Joe?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I think if I'm not mistaken, in all the playoff games, playoff games, maybe not Super Bowl, he been down double digits and all of them if I'm if I'm not mistaken the game back and one.
Speaker 1: He was well, he was down double digit. He's down twenty four nothing against the Texas. He was down ten nothing against the Tennessee Titans. We know, we just mentioned he was down three. So he's been down double digits probably see, but you look at his record trailing in the second half of a playoff game was.
Speaker 2: Eight and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy crazy. He's good. He's good. He's good, and I think also I want to give credit to Andy Reid as well with the play calling. I want to give credit Andy Reid as well with the play call and really not putting Mahomes and the ball in harm's way even though you're trailing, because you know, when you're trilling, you just start calling anything instead of just playing your game.
Speaker 2: That's where the term game manager.
Speaker 1: And you see that Mahomes understands I can't take the risks that I normally could.
Speaker 3: Right right when you're down. You have to be a game manager when you're down because all all your decision makings have to be right.
Speaker 1: You pay double for you play double for turnovers, ojoe, Oh, yeah, you pay double for those. And so now as opposed to being swashed buckling. He has to be conservative. Okay, that four yard round, It's only four yard man, Come on, man, push the ball down the field. No, that throw isn't there. This is the throw that's there. And you know the thing is like, ah man, you know, and I'm sure coach of Steve Wilks is saying he's gonna get antsy. We're just gonna make him keep checking it down, making him keep checking it down, and then he's gonna get greedy, and when he does, we're gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Right. But he's learned and he's done a great job of this. Son.
Speaker 1: Take what they give you and don't be afraid to take off. From the time that he won that first Super Bowl when they were down against the Texans and he started using his legs, he's.
Speaker 2: The quarterbacks different quarterback.
Speaker 1: He doesn't run if he's never gonna be justin fields or Lamar mike Vic he never gonna be that.
Speaker 2: But he runs.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it hurts more when he runs because you're not expecting that.
Speaker 2: Back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he had to run the night when he went up the gut.
Speaker 1: That third down, you see a point block, yet I'm hit the head of the gold. You block him, oh Man, DoD That was a great game.
Speaker 2: A great game.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs were down ten. In playoff games down seven or more in the Patrick Mahomes era, the Chiefs are ninety two. The next quarterback win ratio in that scenario, dating back to nineteen fifty is Tom Brady. He's ten and eleven. Let me read I want to read this again again, so people got people understand that in playoff games down seven or more in the Patrick Mahomes era, the Chiefs are nine and two in those games. The next best quarterback win ratio in that scenario, which means down at least seven points, dating back to nineteen fifty, so we're going back almost seventy five years, is Tom Brady. He's subbed five hundred. He's ten and eleven. Patrick Mahomes is nine and two in said games. The next closest is Tom at ten and eleven.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: And we've been talking about this there bill a lot of a lot of Gold talk. And I was on I was on somebody's show Wednesday when I was doing media day for EYKOS, and I said, right now, Tom has the big horns.
Speaker 2: He used to go. He got the big horns. Of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, where you're gonna put mahome boy, he gets that three P three P for Super Bowl MVPs, right, and he's not thirty Where you putting?
Speaker 2: Do do?
Speaker 3: You? Do? You over But he doesn't overlap overlap Tom because obviously people will bring up the fact that Tom has six seven rings or what.
Speaker 1: I think I thought the eye tests, because that's what they told back I see it first. Now here's the thing. They say Jordan is the gold because he threepeted. They say Covid is next in line because he threepetd. So I just need to know are we staying consistent with that, yes or no?
Speaker 3: Listen, now you have to talk to those who watch the game of basketball. I'm just gonna shick the football and what I actually know. But I think you know it comes down the numbers. It comes down the rings, and rings matter. Rings matter, especially when it comes to the quarterback position when we're talking about the goat. But until you unseat the individual who is in front with the most, then I mean, can there be a gold junior? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well he is that right now. But here's the right, if rings is well, Bill Russell has eleven. Nobody said it's the goat, you know, I like Robert Ory has seven rings, right. Uh, there are a lot of Celtics hamlet checking, Sam Jones and Casey Jones. I just think it's I think it's gonna be a very interesting conversation because no, because a lot of teams have tried the three P and the thing is, I mean, that's a lot of extra games on your body because you're talking about going to four super Bowls in the span of six. Hold on, that'll be four and six years. Right, No, that'll be five yet three and one, that'll be five and six years. Nobody's ever done that.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Yes, this ain't. This ain't the game of a Madden This is real life.
Speaker 2: It's real life. It's real life.
Speaker 1: But I mean I think now O Joe, nothing that he does surprises you. Yeah, I mean I just knew once they set up for the field goal. Hey, like John Witherspoon said in Friday, Next Next Friday, that's your that's.
Speaker 2: Your ass, mister.
Speaker 3: It was a rap. It was a rap.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelson, Andy Reid incident.
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 1: Brown tweeted out the game. If that was me, I would have been kicked out of the league.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what it was? You come on, now, you know what Listen, you know what it is. There's no need to explain it. You know, there's certain people that can get away with certain things based on situation and circumstance. You know, A J. Brown, you're held to a different standard. You're on the microscope cheetah. Players that that that have personalities, players that are dean divas, you know, are held to us. It's it's always been that way. That that's that's nothing new.
Speaker 1: That's remember when he threw his helmet and they say, what damn are you doing? And the equipment got tried to get it back to him and say no, don't give me his helmet back. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm surprised though, I'm surprised that. Look, I know we've all had shouting at not getting shouting at the.
Speaker 3: Motion of the game. That's the more that. I don't think you really meant to bump him. I think it's just the emotion of the game, especially a game we talk about super Bowl, we talk about super Bowl and him wanting to contribute and them not being able to give him the ball. I would be frustrated too as well, allowing the forty nine defense to dictate what I can and can't do on the field. And I think that's what was frustrated the most.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, here's the difference between Travis Kelsey situation and George Kettle. If you don't throw killing the ball, you still got Debo, you still got a You, you still got Christian McCaffrey, you still got Jennings if.
Speaker 3: So many other options.
Speaker 1: If you don't get Kelsey, basically you relegated to he and Rice. I mean Justin Justin what's the guy named eighty four? Justin Watson, justin watching to make a catch here their surprise of people. You dropped one to night too. He sure did, MBS. I've never seen a guy get a six yard completion and turn it into a four law four yard loss like nbfdding like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just gotta go down. You just got to go down. You just gotta go down once once you that first that for you gotta finy that first tackle, and once you feel your body, you haven't to treating it retreating it's nowhere to go. Just go ahead, go ahead and go down. Don't lose no yards.
Speaker 1: You not a j Brown bro, You like a buck saty five. So a guy's spending you around where you think you going right. But like you said, sometimes you gotta know when the journey's over. And everybody in my homes like, what do we what was?
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 2: What is that? You see, CJ.
Speaker 1: You see the depens on the sidelight, like what damn how we had a six yard completion and it turned it into a four yard loss.
Speaker 2: They looking like they're like, yeah, what.
Speaker 3: They was over there? There was they were able to overcome it. They were able to overcome it. God damn that man, special man. Godly people don't realize it.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, Oh Joe, if you play in the city and your quarterback is good, you want him to be on mahomes level right right right, And you're like, well what he did well my quarterback beating was But how many times did he beat him when it mattered? Think about that. Look at this this man, this man goes into your building. This was supposed to be the year everybody said I want home field. Buffalo said, we want Mahomee to come to us because the last time, the last couple of times that we played in the playoffs, we had to go to Arrowhead in Buffalo. They didn't make a difference. Lamar had everything. He had a coach, Todd Mounkin, we had. You know, you got Odell, you got Bateman, you got a Za Flowers, you got likely who playing unbelievable filling in for Mark Andrews.
Speaker 2: Ye didn't matter.
Speaker 1: This is the difference, Ojo, What this is when you heard me say this? The mark of any great team a unit. Can you get done what you have to get done when you absolutely.
Speaker 3: Have to have it it? Yeah, got it.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get they got got forty eight. Dropped on them a deal. Hey, we need to get off the field on third down and you can't get off the field. Mahome was needed the field goal. What did he do with Joe? He took his team down and he got a field goal. Mahome needed to one up what brock Perty had done and went and got a touchdown. He went and got it. That's how you described greatness, not going and get forty Well he's going forty eight. He had five touchdown three hundred yards. He had this when he needed it, could.
Speaker 3: He get yeah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Yeah.
Speaker 3: The funny The funny thing is we talked about about party. Perdy played a good game. He would twenty he was twenty three, thirty eight, he had two fifty five and the TV. He had a good game. Hell, McCaffrey had a good game. Are you it was good? Jennings Obviously was was decent. We needed more Kittle, We needed more debo.
Speaker 1: If they wanted to have eleven targets for three catchers for thirty three.
Speaker 3: Yards, you got to you gotta make tho. You gotta make those plays. You got to make those plays. You gotta make those those throws. There were some throws that Purdy needed to make the change of dynamic of that game. Because the game, obviously, it's the game inches. It's a game of inches, and every play and every throw matter.
Speaker 1: So if we're gonna say so, that means Nick Foles is the go so because everybody keep saying, what Brady beat my homes when it mattered, So so did Eli man beat him? So if Eli manning the goat, you see how ridiculous that argument is, and Nick Foles beat him a guy that was a journeyman.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So Mahomes lost the Super Bowl to Tom Brady. Tom Brady lost the journeyman a journeyman.
Speaker 2: Nick Boles and Joe Flacco beat him in the playoffs twice.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So what are we doing here? What's your eye test?
Speaker 3: To you?
Speaker 2: In situation like this?
Speaker 1: Look and people, how about how about do it like this? O Joe Tom Brady. I still believe Tom is the go. But you're out your mind and you're lying if you're saying at the exact same age, Tom Brady was better than or the equivalent of Patrick Mahomes, There's no way you can say it. There's absolutely no way you can say Tom Brady was the equivalent of Patrick Mahomes at the exact same age, right, because Tom had no regular season MVPs none zero. Tom had no regular season MVPs none zero. He had no five thousand yard passing season, no fifty touchdown passing season.
Speaker 2: So what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: You said, well, wait, okay, Patrick Mahons got three, he's three for three, he won three super Bowl and he's the super Bowl MVP in all three. Brady didn't do that. He had two regular season MVPs, Brady had none. He had two five thousand yard passing season, Brady had none. He had a fifty touchdown passing season. Brady had none. Now, Brady would later go on to have a fifty touchdown passing season. He would go on to later have a five yard passing season. But at the where we are right now, O Joe were here, we're right here, Brady didn't have these accolades. Right now, we're gonna see. It's gonna take if Mahomes can stay healthy. Because the one thing you can say about Brady, Brady stayed relatively healthy over his twenty three year over his twenty three year career, except that one season two thousand and eight, he got hurt in the first game. He missed the entirety of the season. But other than that, Ojo, the one thing you can count on, if you played the Patriots, you gonna see twelve try the lands out there talking about let's go, let's have it go.
Speaker 2: You knew that.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't man I wont to twelve gona play today. Man I saw him on the injury report. There are certain people. When you saw him want the injury report, then you know he played.
Speaker 3: Yes, a number of smoking mirrorge That's.
Speaker 2: That's all it was.
Speaker 1: But it's a great debate that we're gonna have, and it's not gonna go away because we've never ever in the history of the game seen a quarterback this hood, this early, this complete, because we've maybe let's just say, uh, maybe he had the passing, but he didn't have the hardware and the super bowls. Brady had super Bowls, but he didn't have the regular season accolades. And they said, well, because Peyton, they killed Peyton. Bro oh Joe, but you hold on, I'm trying to you.
Speaker 2: Was in the league.
Speaker 1: You came in the league a what two thousand, two thousand and one, two thousand, came in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: But anyway, uh.
Speaker 3: For real, yeah, for real? Oh my bad, I don't remember. They killed Peyton. Yeah, yeah, listen, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: They obliterated Peyton. They call him mister regular season. He couldn't win the big game.
Speaker 2: Now, when we.
Speaker 1: Hold the same standard, whoa shutner? You at there? Buck dancing? You out there shooking the driving you went to ESPN. I said, no, I thought we held our great players to the same standard, right, if the standard is the standard, why should we lord for somebody that we like?
Speaker 3: Why are we doing that? On Joe?
Speaker 2: Is that what we do?
Speaker 3: Listen if you and I tell you all the time, the goldposts always move, depending on who you're talking about, always it will. They will always do that. They will find a reason of their find excuses so they they find they use numbers, They manipulate the situation for the individuals that you're talking about. People do it all the time, whether it's basketball, basketball, football, hell, hockey, any any sport. When it comes to somebody you like, they gonna find a way.
Speaker 2: But I'm just trying to figure out who you gonna say.
Speaker 3: What's your drinking now that what's your drinking water? Oh okay, okay, but.
Speaker 2: If if you want to see what type of water that is?
Speaker 1: Somebody will have to pay for that, Old Joe, ain't nothing free but salvation and REVERENDI Jimmys Wagger Joelo's thing, kreplo dollar they charged for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: You know I'm ana become old minister, you know what I'm saying, O Joe, Yeah, yeah, you know you know.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Don't put change in the collection plate? God don't like noise.
Speaker 3: Only paper.
Speaker 2: That's what you don't change. Make nose. God don't like knowing, right.
Speaker 3: I like that. He like peaceful.
Speaker 2: He's like a quiet right.
Speaker 3: I'm still in that. Oh godly, that game was good.
Speaker 2: I need a water man, O Joe, Yes, sir, are you gonna run me my money? What are you fun?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You owe me four hundred dollars? Keep betting on Cadarius.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa? Hold on now, hold on, hold on the time. Now, come on, now, you just making up stuff. Now.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell me he's gonna be active. I told you he wasn't you said he was.
Speaker 3: We didn't bet on him being active. I just said he was going to be active because I don't have an energy for it out We don't know if already he.
Speaker 1: Could be one percent healthy. He can get out there and before today he can run full three. He ain't getting on that field. Oh Jo, you know oo? You know how superstitious coaches are? You going on winning streak? Do they change anything if you go on winning streak and.
Speaker 2: Then go ahead?
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking as I'm just thinking as a coach. You know, a game like this I want again I want all hands on deck. I want every weapon possible. With the creativity we can having everybody available. With the creativity that Andy Reid has, you can do more. You can, you can do more. And I know what Cadarius tone he can do with the ball in his hands. And I understood that team. Come see, oh Joe, what you want? You say, pull the tape.
Speaker 1: If I pull the tape, ou from Cadaria's toone, tell the people at home didn't get an opportunity.
Speaker 3: But you know I can. I can also pull the tape of him being very elusive, ability be separate. This ship is small, and he got some place out there. He got some nice places, man, he got some.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, listen, you know bad players on everybody this Sunday. We can find some good ones.
Speaker 2: It's Sunday.
Speaker 3: Oo noda Monday Sunday.
Speaker 2: No, no nice Sunday. It's Sunday.
Speaker 3: Still, it's twelve sixteen, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: If you if you, if you let that is where you are you in Vegas?
Speaker 3: I know, but I'm on East. Got get that?
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 3: You I'm on East? I don't live here.
Speaker 2: You there.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they wont know. Man, I'm glad they won. Yeah, that was a good that was a good game.
Speaker 1: Ship Kelsey was mom after the game about bump and reed trap. I'm gonna keep that between us unless my mic, if my mic up tells the world.
Speaker 3: I was just no, no, he was miked up. He was maked up. You know, I get it, I get it. I get we get a list of all the players that were miked up for you.
Speaker 2: Boy, probably check O c j uh sneed mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm gonna tell you right now who was miked up, so I'll be able to I mean, I probably wouldn't share it with everybody because that that stuff, that stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You want to it's gonna, it's gonna If they're gonna put that, they'll put that in the uh you know when they do. They released the Super Bowl Edition in the prom it you guys might you guys might have it Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh they got it.
Speaker 3: They got it. Yeah, they got it, they got it. I'll let you know. I'll let you know what it was said.
Speaker 2: What was said? Yeah, what team is?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: The question is we got a question for and we got it up in the chat.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What team is most standing in the way of case three p The Ravens, team, the forty nine Ers, the Bills, we them boys, you know, we them boys went from we them boys?
Speaker 2: Do we need more boys?
Speaker 1: But anyway, my guess is the Kansas City. I'm going with the Chiefs. They're the most standing in their way.
Speaker 2: Well and in whose way of the Chiefs of three p D.
Speaker 1: What team the Ravens, the forty nine Ers, the Bills, or the Cowboys are most standing in the way of the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Now, when I think about the team, the teams that are standing in the way of the Chiefs, that I think I would stay with the AFC. I would stay with the AFC. Obviously a healthy Joe Burrow in the Bengals, uh. Again, the Ravens, the Ravens as well with Lamar Jackson are very dangerous. Again, you got to think Jim Harbor over there trying to change the culture with the goddamn Chargers right justin Herbert. If he can get he would get if he can get them, you know, on the right track. They are also coming out the a f C back that can cause an issue. The Dolphins. I'm throwing it. I'm just throwing it out here, that's all. Yeah, I mean, listen, this is the AFC. You know what. You know what other AFC where all the quarterbacks are right, you know that.
Speaker 2: You know what happened.
Speaker 1: If you thought if it's windy outside, your poop up in there, you know it's gonna blow back in your face. Now you're just throwing out you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just throwing out names of teams, teams that played well this year defensively.
Speaker 1: What team is most standing in the way? You gotta believe, not just naming teams, who do you believes most standing in the way?
Speaker 2: Challenge?
Speaker 1: Yes, the gift that presents the best opportunity. Who give them the opportunity that you say, you know what, that's the team that's standing in the way that's gonna keep kat from three B In the AFCRO.
Speaker 2: You can pick the Ravens, say the.
Speaker 3: Bang Bengals, Bangalan Bengals, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Raving, Ravens, Bills, uh.
Speaker 1: The chat said Ravens forty two percent, forty nine Ers twenty two percent, the Bills twelve percent, The Cowboys twenty four percent.
Speaker 2: God damn, the Cowboys really to Dallas.
Speaker 1: I'ma move to Dallas, and I'm gonna open up your store because I can sell the Cowboy fans any damn thing.
Speaker 2: I can sell it. Anything. I I can sell them, dear poop and tell them it's perfume all the bottle. Yeah, you got.
Speaker 3: You gotta believe in your team. Though, as a fan, you gotta believe in your team, nor.
Speaker 2: You ain't borrow.
Speaker 1: You hadn't won two playoff games in the same season since ninety five. At some point time, y'all got stop believing. The more day I told you they did, like they'd be dead. Hey boy, you know you know your old bago come pickure thinking against a wide creed. You know you old bag will take you or take you to the park.
Speaker 3: Wait, but the Lions hadn't been to the playoffs and win a playoff game in thirty two thirty five years though, right, so we Hald.
Speaker 2: So we hauling the Lions in the Cowboys to the same standy, that's what we do it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you never know, so this might do. This might be the here for the Cowboys. You never know. You keep saying that, I'm saying, I'm just saying I keep saying that. But if a certain someone chooses not to steal a spotlight and let the team and the coach and do their goddamn job.
Speaker 1: Okay, you never know that might happen. What you think, what's the likelihood of that happened? You wish that would happen, don't you?
Speaker 3: Not good? Because soon as soon as I mentioned it, she was he would make a head lives already and they're not even in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: See Joe, you you you you just wish they would go a certain way.
Speaker 3: I would, I would. You want to see change. Listen, When you want to see change, When you want to see change, you want to see results. That means you have to change up what you're doing. You got to change up what you're doing. You got to change your routine. And that's what that is. That the definition of insanity. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over and over and expecting different results.
Speaker 2: When it starts with you, I'm just oh, I just don't uh lamar. When is second MVP?
Speaker 3: MVP? Yep?
Speaker 1: But at what point in time do we start holding him accountable and says that's under chieving. You got the best you had the best defense, you had the best op you had the best rushing attack, you had the best set of receivers that you've had since you've been in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: And you were one vote. I don't know who that was.
Speaker 1: It took that boat away from you because you were He was one way fow away Ojoe from being a two time unanimous MVP, and he had the AFC Championship game and he had the guy. Because the one thing we know about Patrick Mahomes, he's a big game hunter. Yeah, some people me, I'm a short fisherman. I stand on the bank, throw my ride out there. I catch a little fish. I ain't gonna hey, I can't catch no. I can't catch get.
Speaker 3: No, Marlin.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes is a big game hunter. He's going hunting for Kate Buffalo, that's what he's going to do. Ain't going pheasant hunting right now. A lot of these guys doing pheasant hunting and quail hunting and dove hunting and calling.
Speaker 2: That big game.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes got pelts on his walls. And I know Peter don't want to hear me talk about that. But y'all at home, y'all get an understanding of what I'm talking about. Now some point in time, Ojo ain't know it's gonna it's gonna be he's gonna have to catch the NBP and turn him into footbawl. Yeah, God, you keep well, he only twenty six. Mahomes is only twenty How was Patrick mahone twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty nine? Nine?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Man, that's it, twenty eight. Imagine what if he played all the way to forty five? Like bro, I mean, listen with the rule, with the rut, the way the rules are. Now, Oh that's possible, that's on it.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Oh, Joe, Okay, you played plate So he's right now.
Speaker 1: So right now he's twenty eight, right, that means he's if he plays the forty five, that's another seventeen years.
Speaker 2: May you think Andy reefin to coach another seventeen years? You know what? No, so we are we saying.
Speaker 1: And then if it'd be on the sideline and it's gonna be ground up cheeseburgers by.
Speaker 3: That point, listen, even if it's not, Even if it's not Andy, it's Patrick Mahons is still Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sixty five.
Speaker 1: So you think that man gonna be wrong with the sidelines of eighty three? What are you gonna be on a motor scooter? Somebody gonna be putting in the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, you say, Andy, sixty five? Right, Well, Pete Carroll was seventy seven. Really, I'm just saying, I'm just saying, if you want to keep on winning.
Speaker 1: But if you look at Pete, Pete is so energized, Pete rob rob running up and down the field and everything like that, jogging, Yeah that ain't. That ain't and his demeanor. Now, I'm not saying, could I see him coaching another five years? Absolutely the seventy without even blinking or not not someone, No, I can see him. I can see him coaching another five Yeah, okay, okay, right, And that puts Patrick Mahome at thirty three. Stude for in another five years, would we be surprised? In five years if the Chiefs hasn't haven't won another two Super Bowls, We're probably gonna be disappointed if they don't shocked, because there's more likely, more probable than not, that they're gonna go to at least two more Super Bowls in the next five years based.
Speaker 2: On just that guy, Like you said that guy, that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you draft, you draft right, free agency, you know everybody gonna want to come play there. Yeah, it's a possibility, but you.
Speaker 1: Got to make sure. But you got to make sure you show sure up keep the some core guys, because Chris Jones Howell is CJ. CJ can't be that old house CJ. He was disrupted. He didn't sack the quarterback, but he's very disrupted, very up CJ.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Howell sneed Steve gotta be like twenty nine. Also, right, I think he might be younger. He's twenty seven. Hold on, they might have the young one of the youngest defense because look at the safety.
Speaker 3: Say what to say?
Speaker 2: I mean McDuffie, McDuffie, the All Pro corner.
Speaker 3: He's on even the year, second, the third year.
Speaker 1: Damn yes, coloptus, colopidus, he's like twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 2: They're young, Ojoe. Their defense is really really young and brilliant.
Speaker 1: Good yeah, and probably their second best offensive lineman on whether you like Creed Humphrey or not.
Speaker 2: Joe Totey was out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they keep they keep this and they keep them the core guys together draft. Well, where can get scary over there?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's gonna be Look all them MVPs, the the people and guess what, Ojoe. You remember even when even when Peyton Manny had all them MVP they were still he can't win them, even after he won the Super Bowl. So remember he won it and then came back lost to New Orleans and they said he couldn't win the big game game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna listen every time, they're gonna move them go post.
Speaker 1: Now. Chiefs are the youngest team defensively in the NFL. NFL and they just went back to back Super Bowls, don't you that fair.
Speaker 3: Bunch of baby bunch of babies. Oh listen, you know how I feel. You know they got that man over there on offense, the same thing ready, the same thingy did in Kansas City. But Brick give bread Beach credit. Those guys. Those guys did an unbelievable job that he does, an unbelievable job of getting the right pieces.
Speaker 1: Obviously, they let Patrick Mahomes have input as far as the offensive receivers.
Speaker 2: Like receivers or tight.
Speaker 3: Ends and things like that.
Speaker 1: He has an input. He knows what he likes throwing to. They know what they want. But he's like, I kind of like this guy. This guy can make tough catches. Uh got a big catch radius, nice run after the catch because she Rice is not a big guy, but he has tremendous run.
Speaker 3: After the catch the catch.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, And when you play in this style of offense, O Joe, you got to have that because it's not like they pushed them ball. They don't have tyreek, so they can't push the ball over the top of their head down a lot. Now they're surprising not ant catch you snapping yeah and go over your head with MBS or something like that. But for most part, everything is going to probably somewhere around twelve fifteen, another fifteen. A lot of bubble screens, a lot of smoke screens, you know, a lot of stuff like that. So guys need to be able to run after the catch. How much of this lost falls on Kyle shanhand Ojoe?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, what could kind of done better? I mean he called a good game. He called a good game. The execution offensively and the throws that perty needed to make He didn't make them. They were in position, they were in position to win the game. They were Think about it. You go to overtime. You didn't make many mistakes. Her didn't have any interceptions. McCaffrey did have a fumble. Yeah, there were no points out of that. I mean both both both fumbles on both teams. There were no points out of that. So that that kind of ex exes everything out. Oh that was that?
Speaker 2: Do we put this?
Speaker 3: Do we put this one on Shanahan? Even though it's his third time going and losing the head coach, the other time as a head coach, third time as a coordinator. But he's been there three times? Is it really his fault? Look where you're going again?
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is what people have said.
Speaker 1: You had a twenty eight three league, You had a ten point lead and a ten point lead, and you lost two games in overtime and you lost one.
Speaker 2: You end up losing one thirty eleven points.
Speaker 1: Right. I think that's stuff and seem for me my big I said, hold on, wait a minute. Look at Jordan Love looked against that team. Look at Jory Golf looked at team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Neither one of them could have if I gave him the Hubble telescope. They couldn't see Patrick Mahomes right right, So I said, if you give him that kind of time, I mean, thirty four forty six, three thirty three to two touchdowns, He's of Steve man easty. I mean, I'm running out of words to describe him, because I'm old enough to remember a lot of the greats, and I saw a lot of them play. I mean, I was in the league when Joe played, you know what I'm saying. So I know Joe and Steve and Peyton. I was in the league when Peyton played. I mean and Brady. I never thought Brady would be this because I played him. I played him twice, beat him in O two in their place coming off the Super Bowl. They came back and beat us in OH three, or he threw a last second touchdown pass with like twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: I thought he was good. I did. I thought he was really really good. But I didn't see this. I didn't see this.
Speaker 3: I mean that that losing as a coordinator, losing losing twenty eighty three when we have a lead like that, that's that's just.
Speaker 1: That's with the sad Ojo. If you go back and look at Patrick Mahon's losses, you gotta play it. If you look at Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow with the arrowhead, he outplayed it. You go to the Super Bowl, Brady out played it. You can say when he lost five offensive lineman, Brady still, I played it now the only game Brady that Brady just got the ball last.
Speaker 3: But Patrick mahons.
Speaker 1: You go back to look at Patrick Mahank's first AFC Championship game and the numbers.
Speaker 2: I mean, he damnar had four hundred yards passing. He was sensational.
Speaker 1: They were down like fourteen nothing at the blink of an eye, and he gave him the lead. And then he came back and got him in field goal position with like thirty six seconds and then Brady got the ball. Brady won the coin toss. They go down the field. But more time than not. If you go if you beat Patrick mahone the Kansas City Chiefs, your quarterback, I played Patrick Mahans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to. You have to.
Speaker 3: That's the only way you're gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: And you can say, well the quarterback ain't no no, no, no no no, But but it is your quarterback is have to match it, because if he don't, you can't beat it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to match him or supersede what he's doing, or you can't beat him. Ojoe.
Speaker 1: It's it's really that simple. I mean, he's getting to it. He's he's he's top five. I don't think, I don't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think. There's no debate.
Speaker 4: Top five all time, yes, oh yes, all time? That bad yeah, top number one, yeah, and he's one, and then now the gap between one and two, so he right here, and then there's two. Whoever you want to put it to. You want to put Lamar, you want to put Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, if you put all three of them together, you would need to put all three of them together. And I'm still sure. I'm not sure that's still the equivalent of him, right because, O Joe, you say you want regular season wins, you say you want postseason wins. You say you want accolades in the regular season. You say you want accolades in the post season. Off season. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Sometimes, wont man he got a complete resume. There's no holes in his resume. He has no holes in his resume. No, at twenty eight, he got created, he got perfect created.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's really no argument. And you know, you know what we're gonna hear sometime this week, somebody gonna have something to say, Somebody going to find something. They're going to They're going to nitpick and find some way to discredit what he's done so far in such an early early point in his career.
Speaker 2: What's your take.
Speaker 3: I just don't know. I don't know. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: What's your take on what's your take on party? Did he prove he's a top quarterback in the NFL?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think so again again, I think he proved he was the top quarterback in the NFL. Obviously, what he did coming back against the Lions down seventeen that second half, he played miraculous football today. He played mistake free football this There were a few throws that he should have been able to make. I think that would have changed the games. Yeah, hit him and Debo and I think did miss on that whips pressure yep. But other than that, he played. He played a good game today. He played a good game today, even though they lost. I think this is a great confidence builder for him. Again, he does the supporting cast he has around him is spectacular. Can you still play that same mistake free football without the elite players around you? I think he. I think he probably can do it. But what I saw from Rock Rock today was really, really, really good football. But again he was going against that juggernaut that we call my homeboy.
Speaker 2: Though. But let me ask you a question. Did he prove he's elite? Because that was no, No, he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not elite. Come on, let's not do that. Let's not do that. He's a good quarterback. He's a good quarterback that is really good and situate, situate, playing situational football and not making mistakes. But elite, Let's don't. Let's come on now, come on, come on. I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I said it because I said it earlier, because everybody wanted to say he was elite after he beat the Cowboys. He said, no, he's not. I said, sometimes you could have a you could have a great game, you can have a great season, but that doesn't make you elite. You got to do we understand? Do we understand what elite looks like?
Speaker 3: Look, we know what it looks. We look, we look, we know what looks like to night? Yes, you know and living color. Yes.
Speaker 1: When you see guys like a Brady, when you see guys like Manning, you see guys like Elwere, you see guys like Montana, you see guys like that, that's what the least look like. When you look at a Branshaw, you look at those guys.
Speaker 3: Did a year any out consistently? That's that's what it is, not a one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, bro, come on now, I think look, at some point in time we gotta stop looking.
Speaker 2: Well, but sing what you bro? Bro?
Speaker 1: You' here now? So I come into the league. I was a seventh pick, and I was a seventh round pick, one ninety two. So if I say, well, I don't get no better? Or with Shannon, you know a coach, I was one ninety two. Coach, what you expecting out of me? You can't you can't keep using Oh Shannon, he was the last pick in the draft. With damn ay, we're paying you, and you about the command you about to command and deserved and earned a big payday. And you let me ask you a question. If I gave Patrick mahone the forty nine of talent. I guarantee you they three if I gave him killing if I gave him are you if I gave him Christian McCaffrey with.
Speaker 2: That all three.
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Man? They might they ain't losing.
Speaker 1: If I let's just say, if I losing, if I flipping, I'm gonna flipp it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna do, o Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Patrick Mahon and I'm gonna put him on the forty nine ers, and I'm gonna take Rock Party and put him on Kansas City.
Speaker 2: So where you think Kansas City going with Rock Party?
Speaker 3: Listen, Rock Brockers is good. They were efficient. But if you if you switch it and you put Mahomes on the forty nine ers, it deep there. They would have scored forty five tonight. Man, they would have scored for satur tonight because listen, Shanahan would be in a position where, you know what, I just want to put the game on my home shoulders and just let him be surgical out there. They could They could throw the ball sixty five times and my home will make a mistake with that offense. Man, She that that that'd be, that'd be a sight to see, boy, that'd be a sight to see. Not saying that is not saying that Brocket is not good with him, because he is good with him. But I don't think they asked him to do that much because of the talent he has around.
Speaker 1: Just get in their hands and let them work. He made some big time throws. I thought that bore down throw the kittle. There was a third down throw the Jennings that he made. There's a couple of big time throws that you need to see. That out that that out that out the kittles. Yes, four down that ball. That ball placement is important. You know if you leave if you leave that behind a little bit, you know where it's going.
Speaker 2: Huh to the house.
Speaker 3: Oh that's going to the house the other way.
Speaker 2: Yes, very very important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Booked up so I'm glad he had reservations from six and they were all riving at the same time, because you know, you want to show up at the same time.
Speaker 2: They were arriving at the same time.