Speaker 1: What's up, friendos and welcome in too. Fantasy Prose the Fantasy Baseball Podcast aka Leading Off. Hello friends, it's Chris Welsh with no Joe Piezapia Casey. Bubba is in the house on the twitters at b d intric We have got a whole bunch for you today. But as a reminder, as always, Leading Off is brought to you by Bet three six five years of promo code leading Off. First bets one thousand dollars in bonus bets and get or you can get a bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. So bet five get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. You can choose the offer over at Bet three six five using the promo code leading Off. Un Tel, I haven't done that reading a little bit, Bubba. What's up brother? No, no Joey today, but we did bring back another bald head.
Speaker 2: Yes you know, I got to keep the baldness going. We're back back in the saddle, going to be like you said, coming at you in July, and more so as a goes on. So it's going to be back my friend always chatting it up baseball and whatnot with you is a pleasure as usual, and.
Speaker 1: It's very good. Joe has not completely disappeared yet, but we know these are the early early warning signs of losing your Joe Piezapia. Well, it'll be Casey Bubba, other bald heads coming in, other people named Joe coming in. That's how you know your Joe piez Apia is failing. There really is no cure except for a brand new season, but you know, talk to your doctors and there are some side effects, like there'll be no old man impressions, no other wrestling impressions, and less singing. Those are your side effects for less Joe pis Apia. We got a whole bunch of talk about today on the show, one of which we usually don't do stuff like this, but I am controlling the master seat today, so we are going to We're actually going to take a look at the slate of what's about to happen. And for me, it's important because it's a big fish day. We're a big old fish day of pictures. Yes we've got Chris Sale, Yes we've got Zach Wheeler. But the two pictures that I want to talk about, Paul Skeins and Luis Heel and Babba I can. You can probably guess why I want to talk about them because they both equate to the biggest questions that I get from anybody. Will these guys finish out? I literally got one this morning. Hey, do you think that Paul Skeens is going to be able to finish out the year? Or should I be trading him? Joe and I have talked about this a decent amount, but as the starter for the second half, let's start with Paul Skeins. Do you think there's going to be zero restrictions for Paul Skins moving forward this year? Pirates are in the chase. He's absolutely been ridiculously dominant. There's really not even like a you know, do we worry about making him having him in a start or two or something like that. It's really will he be able to finish out for my head to head league? So thoughts on being able to trust Paul Skean's rest of season?
Speaker 2: I would like to say, yes, it's the Pirates that are actually over five hundred in the wild Guard hunt right now, so that'll help get Skeens going, as you know, as the king of the prospects around here. He pitched plenty of innings in college last year and it should not be an issue with Paul Skins. But it's a different animal coming to the bigs. I'd imagine we might see like a misstart or a couple extra days here and there. I think Skins gets to the finish line though, Like I wouldn't expect many two start weeks from Paul Skins, but you should get at least one solid start every week, like we should get on Tuesday Night.
Speaker 1: So I mean, is that kind of the play because I feel like people get worked up about guys not having the two starts, Like what is the valuation? I don't know if you even do like rest of season rankings on guys, Like what do you think the rest of season ranking is on Paul Skins?
Speaker 2: I've seen I've seen many smart people at starting pitcher have him in the top five, like the Some have him near the top if they're really aggressive on him. And that just goes to the point because to start pitching's big quote unquote if you're playing like in a roto or even a head to head, because he could get more counting stats, Like it's huge in that regard, But a guy like Skiings. If he's giving you six plus every time out with probably nine k's or so, as I know you're gonna like later tonight and much more that. I think he'll be just fine with the one stars, and if he continues to do what he did in the first half into the second half, he is a top five Fantasy pitcher going forward. It's just a matter of do the Pirates keep the train rolling, which they should, but that's always a million dollar question and you don't know these guys. But I will say something about the Pirates, which is funny. They're more analytical than I thought because they sat some lefties versa righty yesterday because Polante had reverse splits. So they're gonna do something with skins and they know they want to win. So it's not the Pirates of olds what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Louis Heel So the other one, this one is dear near and dear to my heart, especially versus Joe. Yeah, there definitely were big struggles leading up to the All Star break. I think it was the last one was pretty solid. Still an absolute travesty that Louis Heill didn't make the All Star Games. Really stupid, but he got a little bit of rest. It didn't start him right out.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: What do you think the outlook for Louise Heel is going to be like SAMs production take away the production for second. Do you think it's a similar trajectory, because I would mind you that the Yankees are guaranteed in the playoff er. It's just the pirates are in it now. The Yankees will be there this entire way through, and I don't think there's any coasting that's gonna go on where it's like, hey guys, we're gonna rest everybody and we're gonna be cool. What do you think the trajectory of Luise Heel on the heel of us seeing him pitched today for the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his last two starts been really good. Been the Luise Eel of early in the season. So that's a plus. We've documented it in many places. People have said the innings in previous seasons to this year gigantic difference, huge difference. So I think there's gonna be some babying at times. But like you said, they're in the playoff race. The Oriols probably are gonna win the division, so that means the Yankees are fighting form the wildcard spots, and we know how dicey that can be. They're any Luise Eel to get them to the finish line with all the injuries of the pitching staff. So it might be baby, it might be a short start here, a long start, normal start here. But I think see Louise Eel to the end. They can't afford to shut him down, basically, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Wild In the second half draft that Bogmin and I do for our home league, Paul Skeens was the number two pitcher overall, number two. We're only playing the second half. Louise Heil I drafted in the twelfth round. That big of a gap.
Speaker 2: Do you really worried about the Indians? People are really worried about it?
Speaker 1: Well because also they've openly talked about Louise Heal maybe going to like in a bullpen spot. Do you think both are going to ball out today?
Speaker 2: Yes? I will say Eel's got a tough matchup the Mets offense. It's no joke. That's a tough one. Skeens is going to crush knock On Wood should crush. I think El does great though it's got six plus in the last two starts, limited the damage, got the strikeouts. He looks good again.
Speaker 1: Skeen Skeen skeins all right. Other news and notes that are out there, Mike Trout is beginning a rehab assignment tonight in Salt Lake, and the thought is it's going to be two games and he could be back on Thursday. Thoughts on getting Mike Trout back. Obviously you have him you you know, you take that trust and you put him out there do and this would be a very Joe take. Do you think the opportunity to get out from Mike Trout from the rest of the season is imperative for fantasy owners or should they openly embrace great, he's coming back. I'm good to go.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. If he's coming back, If you've saved him this long, you're embracing the heck out of it. If he hits two home runs to d this week, I would trade him as soon as you positively can, because like I love Mike Trout, I think any baseball fan loves Mike Trout. But we also have to be real about this, Like we joke about Royce Lewis let's just stop Mike Trout from doing the same thing. So it's awesome he's coming back. I was shocked he only needs two rehab games after not being able to run for so long. But it'd be great to have him. I'd just be enjoy the little moments you have.
Speaker 1: Mm let's say you need pitching. Would you trade Mike Trout to get Luis Heal. Yes, yes, Luis Hill doesn't scare you enough.
Speaker 2: To He's not injured. He just has an Indians restriction, so at least he should make it to the finish line. Again, everything is a should in this world of injuries, but I would take Louis Heel in that situation, I try to shoot higher, but I would be okay with Louisia.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike Charck coming back gonna be huge. Ellie de la Cruz, the biggest two for four totally destroyed the Nurfy yesterday by the I have a really great day betting. That was the one scoff on the record, and it was because he flies. He absolutely flies. When two for four forty ninth stolen base of the year, it was actually on a double steal with Will Benson as the Reds won four to one over the Braves. That full game run line or money line paid off with the Reds, Thank you very much. Ellie de la Cruz steals eighty bases, yay or nay, nay, it's gonna be I was gonna play chicken. I was gonna play chicken up. Never mind, we're.
Speaker 2: Note it's gonna say. I'd say it's gonna probably be close sort of seventy, just because of you know, we only have like nine and a half weeks left, so I get still a lot. Don't get me wrong, but we've seen Ellie go through his slumps, like I'm gonna say closer to seventy, not aby.
Speaker 1: Let's say somebody in February or early March went on a show and was like, hey, Elie de la Cruz is gonna lead the league in stolen bases. Here's a bet plus six hundred at that time. Put yourself in that time. How smart would that person be?
Speaker 2: Well, if he lives in Arizona and he just got no reason to who it is, I'm just guessing he's probably a pretty smart individual that take advantage of that one. But is this person someone that likes to count their chickens? Before you know their eggs before they hatch type thing or how's that go?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have no farm. I'm not We're not hatchet. I'm just curious the level.
Speaker 2: That's very smart. It's intelligent, like Einstein would like to have a cup of coffee with you type thing.
Speaker 1: Great, just checking everybody, No, no, no specific reason behind it. Another great shorts off Francisco indoor uh para solo homers also a stolen base on Monday. You know, I'm gonna bring this up for one second. What is your take on this battle between combo meal and Frank sock in a shoe. I've never actually publicly had this conversation. Frank. Frank is like, I'm determined. Oh yeah, Frank Stample from CBS, he is, I don't I'm not sure what the thing is. He is determined that it is socking a shoe and he doesn't call it anything else, but everybody before that called it a combo meal. By the way, I'm talking about a homer and a stolen base. Do you have a side to sock in a shoe or a combo meal?
Speaker 2: It's combo meal all day for me because you look at me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Bubba freeze or did I freeze the.
Speaker 2: Combo meal for me? All day long? It's been that way forever. I've never even heard of SoC and shoe. Sorry Frank, but yeah, we're going combo meal. It's much more appetizing to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have to ask him. I've got to ask him what the impetus to that is. He will not say combo meal. They I mean, I kind of get like, well, no, I actually don't get the sock and the shoe with the stolen base in the home run. Maybe the sock is the stolen base.
Speaker 2: Well, you need both of them to go for a walk. I guess. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, but I like though there are underwear and pants or.
Speaker 1: By the way, the chat is dying because I don't know if you probably don't know this, but apparently if you have a bald ahead, internet is shaky. Joe froze earlier this year, and I brought out puppet Joe. So that's why you're seeing puppet Bubba popping up in the chat left and right. Because if you freeze, then I might have to bring you in as a puppet.
Speaker 2: Just it's almost worth freezing then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. I don't know what my go tos for you would be yet, be like high noons, like I don't know what else? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I know a few things. I don't know fully where it is, all right, So that would be a poll. I put, I'm not gonna do it. Let's see Finway says, isn't sock a term for a hit? So a sock is a home run and a shoe?
Speaker 2: Oka?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's maybe more intelligent. That would make yea one hundred percent So a sock home run, a shoe is running.
Speaker 2: That bias, Okay, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wonder if it is like an East Coast like it's a Hella type of thing, you know, it's it like on the West Coast? Are we only combo meals? And that's a sock and a shoe, So I get socking the home run. Yeah, I think both references are fine. I just I've always wondered, like like Frank has never deviated, like he's he owns that term. I've never heard anyone else use it. Everybody else uses the combo meal. And it finally popped up that I wanted to ask that question.
Speaker 2: That's a very interesting one. I'm curious to hear Frank's response, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that text, I should text it. Well, I gotta text him right now, host show. That would be a good response. Actually, you know what, No, we're gonna do it. We're one hundred percent gonna text Frank. I'm get I'm gonna text them while I ask you this next one. Tier Tyler Anderson limited the Mariners to one run five and two Thursday, and he struck out eight. Let me ask you something. Every Mariner's game, do you have to target the other picture for strikeouts? Do you play every single picture against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it looks like the books got caught onto that. Xuse. I looked at Tosey Soriano's props for Tuesday Night. They're juiced to the gills. You just take the Mariners at plus almost thirty one percent carry for as rieties over the last month, it's around twenty eight twenty nine percent for lefties. They strike out so much it is ridiculous. I know ty Franz isn't there, which you'll help, but you know they call it Jake Vossler. That's probably not the answer in the strikeout world. So yeah, I would target in the strikeout props like in DFS. If I see a cheap picture going against the Mariners, I'm excited. That's what I have to say on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like every single time I'm using it. Some other ones Jeff said, never heard of combo meal grow up in Arizona. It's not an Arizona thing. It's actually other like fantasy people. It actually was like just a fanny term that everybody kind of accepted a couple of years back. And then this is an interesting word to just go. Somebody said it was Oh yeah, Jack said he wanted to get away from combo meal because that was ESPN used the term exclusively and they had a sounder for it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know ESB had had stuff for fantasy sports. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's so cool that they were in.
Speaker 2: Existed. Sorry, should we make up our.
Speaker 1: Own We should make up I'd like we'll have a Welsh and.
Speaker 2: Abobba smoking a pancake.
Speaker 1: I feel like a Welsh and Abobba would be like a two Homers because.
Speaker 2: If we did well, yeah, that could be h yeah, that could be something else, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: A Welsh and Joe. Joe's running away from the Baseball podcast of Football, I'm still hitting it out of the park. So well, let's do homer stolen base on leading off as a Welsh and Joe and then a double homer is a Welsh and Bubba.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, let's do it. We had a couple of double home over on Sunday. You know, we got fun with that.
Speaker 1: So lind Or had a Welsh and above and a Welsh and a Joe. So there you go. Here's a welshon above a one Soto three for five, two homers, four RBIs Yankees beat up the Rays.
Speaker 2: The Rays, there's that.
Speaker 1: And Tarik Skubel struck out six and allowed one run over seven innings on Monday as he beat the Guardians. It was awesome. Okay, so hold on. I got a text back from Frank Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: So he said we didn't uh yeah, okay, So Jack was right. We didn't want to use it because that was the ESPN podcast. We tried a bunch of other terms, so let me pull up the full tweet. We tried a bunch of other new terms, and Scott threw out socking a shoe. I thought it was clever and just ran with it. Some like it, some hate it, the usual can't please everybody, all right, love it, love it.
Speaker 2: That was perfect.
Speaker 1: So look at that we got within minutes we got a response from Frank that's probably been told in other spots. I just forgot about it. People probably don't you care about those things, but those are the things that are stuck in this weird burn and right here friends, just for funzies. Cubs player player of Operations, Jed Hoyer, Jed Hoyer, we'll just call Jed Hoyer indicated Monday that by any change in the future over the next week, the Cubs are officially going to move into cell mode. That's weird because the cell pieces have been kind of black that have been out there. They've talked about a lot of like relief. No one wants like Mark Lighter Junior or anything like that. But if they open it up to Nico Horner, open it up to maybe a Cody Bellinger even though he's injured, that's where things I think can start to change in the market. One quick one for you, who do you think the first big trade catalyst is going to be coming up? All the names that are out there now, I'll give you there could be like another name like a small you know whoever, little relief pitcher, but like the first impactful name from an Esak parades to a Luis Robert or induce who is the first where we're like, oh, here's the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be interesting because there are a lot of big names. I kind of think it's Tarik's Scooble.
Speaker 1: Honestly, either do you think is gonna get traded?
Speaker 2: It's you, Well, it's gonna be either him or Flairty Goes for sure. But I think I think there's enough, Like the Orioles really could put the package together, like they're they're that close. How would you don't want to waste this opportunity. We've seen teams almost blow, like the Cubs for instance, they finally cashed in late, but they almost raced that young core. You could trade for Scouoble now and have him ride with these young guys for a handful of years. And I think that is because the Orioles have missed that ace like arm to be the anchor. They've kind of rotated around guys. They missed that ace Scoble can give them that, and I think that's hard to just pass by. So I'm gonna go on a limit say school, I'm probably wrong.
Speaker 1: So you think that's first off, you think that's the one that will start the mark.
Speaker 2: Because he started yesterday, so they want to get this trade done to start him this week and in orange and black.
Speaker 1: That's pretty clever. That's not too bad, especially coming off of that. I do not think Terrek scouble will be traded.
Speaker 2: I think, I hope not.
Speaker 1: If the Orioles really want to go out and say you can have Jackson Holiday, Kobe Mayo and then somebody, you know, like it starts with those two. Here's Kid Povich or here's Connor Norby or whatever that's going to be. If they will really do that, then I do think it's possible. I do not think that they're going to do that. I think they will play a little bit of hardball, and I just think it's impossible. I would never trade Terrek Scougle if I'm the Tigers. I mean, I know they're like far off, but it doesn't make any sense to me. It feels pipe dreamy to me when I've seen his name out there, so I say, hey, I don't think he's going to be traded at all. I don't think Terrek Scouble, but that's a badass name that you threw out there to kind of start the market. I think I think Garrett Crochet is going to start the market. I think that's the one that's going to break here shortly. He's going another one of those guys that's going today. I think this is Garrett Crochet's last start unless he gets beat up, And it is a little bit of a tough one because isn't it the Rangers.
Speaker 2: It's the Rangers. But it'll be like Crochet start on Sunday. He's gonna go too maybe three innings. He's not going deep because they want to keep him healthy to head out. So I'm like, it's gonna it's a showcase, but not a showcase, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So I think I think Crochet starts the market. You say, uh Scooble, which would be dominating. And that's not to say like there won't be another little trade or too you know longer forget traded, but like when you really know the trade deadline has started, that is what I'm talking there.
Speaker 2: Here's one for you real quick and I'm gonna move on. If you know, Jay Rod has his MRI come back, it's just a sprain ankle whatever. If that thing doesn't get better in the next couple of days, watch for like Randy A Rose Raina to head of Seattle. That's what I'm waiting for as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a big rumor has been Jazz Chisel to the Mariners. They clearly want to get some outfield help as well. So one of those guys, Randy looks like he is going to be on the move. Also esak Parados. I mean, we could make a list of the players that look like they're going to get moved. The big key is going to be who's the team that's going to do it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And lastly, on that trek school thing, there are teams that could do it, Like I think a team I think the Orioles are the best position to do it. I think the Dodgers could do it. I think the Yankees could do it if they wanted to. Yeah, I know we don't want the Dodgers, but like, if you're talking about teams that actually could, those teams could do it. But like seeing I mean, think of what the package for one Soto is was for the Padres where c j Abrams, James Wood stuff like that, Like it would have to be that plus, like it have to be something that we look at, like it's similar to that Sodo trade for Terry Scubel, And I think Baltimore would do it. I just don't think Detroit is that open to doing it unless it's a complete blowaway trade. And you know what, Baltimore should be open to it, like even if they did cost them a holiday, and it did cost them a Mayo, like having Corbyn Burns and Trek Scouble would be the two best one two punch now the only here's the only problem with that though, they're still missing like if you need to get Flairty in that deal too, Like I still think.
Speaker 2: I think they will if they give them the package they're hoping for. I think Flaherty gets tossed in on that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well, you know if if Scooble does get traded, we're gonna tip back to Bubba Bubba. It'll be back on I expect next Tuesday. Yeah, so it'll be like right at the trade, like.
Speaker 2: We'll be like it'll be the day the day before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll be able to really kind of like relook back at that Dodgers are going to be in the market. They also designated James Paxton for assignment for everybody that is them bringing up River Ryan today. That's also because we're gonna have Clayton Kershaw. Clayton uh yeah, Clayton Kersher. For some reason, that just deleted my brain. Kershaw is going to be back here shortly and they might be on the move in the future. Some rookie lookie, speaking of River Ryan, he went one urn run over five and one third against your giants last night. And funny story, I saw River Ryan three weeks ago in the complex and I'm standing with two other people. And if you ever see the Dodgers complex, not any of this matters. It's like the field. There's grass, there's lots of trees, and there's this dirt path the Dodgers have and we're standing right behind the dirt path. River Ryan, far the far side of the complex was on one of those electric bikes. Dude was blazing forty miles per hour, just full. We were terrified and we didn't see him the rest of the day. We thought he might have crashed. We were terrified for him. I've never seen someone fly on the backfields like that. He drove that thing all the way to beat your giants though, any River Ryan thoughts.
Speaker 2: Oh, he seems like a wild child because I did watch his start and his haircut. He's got the triangle like coming from me your league in the back of his hair. So he's like wild thing vawne out there. Fun to watch, but control is an issue at times what you'd expect from young guys, especially in their first start, but should be a fun, fun outing overall. We'll see if he sticks though, because, like he said, Kershaw Thursday, they said Bobby Miller one more starting triple A. Who knows what Walker Bueller is doing in the Key West like that. They'll be getting guys back pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Also in the rookie look, he ben Rice zero for five, three strikeouts. Rice is four for forty four with twenty one strikeouts since that three home run game.
Speaker 2: Maybe not the Rices, Burnt Rice, or the back pages in New York are gonna have fun with this one. That's all I had to say.
Speaker 1: If you were a Giant, they'd be like not the San Francisco Tree like something like that sold Jerry Rice things three up and three down, Tiascar Hernandez three for four with a homer, a double, all three Dodgers runs batted in on Monday as they beat the Giants. Bobby Witt was three for four, three runs scored, came a single shy of the cycle and he got hit. Everyone was pissed about that he got hit like in the six then didn't working out, but Bobby wait just short of it. And I think I saw someone posts today now the new leader in war in baseball, which is very impressive. And Hunter Grain seven strikeouts to ching seven innings over the Braves three down, ten or how ten hits in six innings, had a no decision. Carlos Carrasco six runs over five and one third, no buena and Renaldo Lopez of course, gave up his first first inning run of the season. As I bet the Nurphy yesterday, he gave up four earned runs over six innings. A lot of injury stuff you mentioned. Julio Rodriguez MRI detected only a mild ankle sprain, so he's currently day to day. That's semi positive to everything we were talking about. But also I think why that team needs to be more hyper aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mariners were the ones that started the market too, because if you know, this isn't serious and there are available Roberts a rose Arenas Chishlms, go and get those guys now for protection. And while Julio is getting back, I think you agree with that one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Day are going to be active because that's what Delan Depoto likes to do.
Speaker 1: And they're also going to be without JP Crawford as he's going on the aisle with suffering a hairline fracture in his pinky when he was hit by a pitch. That's no good. No, this was a weird one. If you guys saw it. Wit Marrifield, they brought up Nacho and they signed Wit Marrifield day of the signing and Whit Maryfield got hurt practicing. They were just like fielding grounders and he got hit on the hand and Snicker even after was like, you can't make this stuff up. He's okay though it's day to day. There's no fracture on his finger, so he'll be back in the lineup soon, y'all. Mankataa now rehab assignment was halted due to anticipated soreness, So we're never going to see him. That's ridiculous. Hey, you're you're boys. You're gonna get Robbie Ray back on Wednesday against the Dodgers. Are you starting Robbie Ray in that start?
Speaker 2: No, I like to see him throw a starter. His last two rehab starts were very good, though, I'll say that much really good. But I'd like to see him make ones starting against the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: First, Mookie Betts took some light swings on Monday for the first time since suffering that broken left hand. That's a good one. Also, you mentioned Bobby Miller's going to remain in TAA for at least one more start. That's according to Dave Roberts Carlos Correa, who's on the Ayah with Planter Fasci. I just hopes to get out of a walking boot over the next couple of days. That's another team that might get involved in the trade market. You're also going to see Royce Lewis, who is starting a rehab assignment on Tuesday. That's huge that we're going to get him back. There was kind of some I don't know, there's some question marks about like what was the timeline going to end up looking like for him, So that we're going to get him back here shortly, that's a huge positive. And this isn't an injury. I mean it is not him. But Austin Riley went on to the paternity leave and if anybody saw it, he left in the ninth inning. His wife went into labor in the ninth and he just like high five out of there. And he's obviously not going to be around today. I'm not really sure, probably over the next couple of days. So congratulations to them, but he's going to be out for a tiny bit. Those are your injuries. But now let's talk about what some and many might be waiting for. It is time for the Best Bets of the Day, brought to you by BET three six five. No one's used to me saying that entire thing. Just pretend that is Bubba Pee. That's Casey Bubba right there. It's Bubba and the Welsh Best Bets of the Day Bet three six five promo code leading off. When you go and do it, Bubba, Let's talk about some best bets.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let you go first. I like going last anyway, So talk to me about some of your favorite bets for the day.
Speaker 2: Well as I told wells before the show and those that might remember me from last year. I prefer doing a lot of prop beteam for my kind of DFS background. So runs, hits and RBI is give me the red hot Bobby Wood Junior over two and a half at minus one p fifteen. The dude's been on a mission this season and since the All Star Break. Lawrence Butler over one and a half hits runsbis minus won ten. Absolutely love what Lawrence Butler's been doing. Another month of July too conscious.
Speaker 1: He's been ridiculous. One of the hottest players in baseball right now. I mean, and just to add into it, we were doing this thing on ITL yesterday. There's something with the A's and how they're coaching up these players because he is like high barrel rate, high hard hit rate. He's hitting at the top of the lineup, he is consistently making contact. He's a multi hit guy every single game. He is a really great bet. I'm surprised. I think they're catching up a little bit because what did you get, like, is this hit run but it's hit running.
Speaker 2: RBI yep.
Speaker 1: Over, I would bet you you could still get his total base number for probably like plus one forty one. Fifty hit run RBI is usually like a little bit juiced up, but that's still like, that's still a decent number, but it also shows they're starting to catch up to Butler.
Speaker 2: Yep leading off for the A's or like Max Schuman, someone asked a question there, didn't play his bet, but he's another guy getting on a ton doing his thing. The last bet I made was the Cubs minus one and a half run line going up against the brew crew plus one seventy five. Let's get some some good odds on that one. Jamison Tyn has been out standing of late, very very good. He's got to pray the Cubs bullup and doesn't screw it up. Colin Ray is also a gas can in the making, so I'll tak the Cubbies in that one with the run line at plus one seventy five.
Speaker 1: I like those bets. I had a good day yesterday. I believe it was three and oh on the show bets. I had a couple others that were out there. Yeah, because I didn't give everybody that's what it was. I didn't give everybody that since the Atlanta one, I changed it to the Cubs Brewers and that cashed. I ended up being like four and one or something like that yesterday, So it was a pretty good day. I'd always remind you guys. Betting pros dot com slash Welsh Bettingpros dot Com slash Joe. I'm not sure Bubb is on there, but you can follow some of your favorite people. You can track the bets, do all that type of stuff, and you can see where I'm at. What I've got today. Pittsburgh run line minus one and a half so two run lead plus one fourteen. This is full on backing Paul Skeins. Lance lenn Is on the mound usually doesn't go super great. I mean, but obviously lancelenn is a guy that can go deep into games if he can be efficient. But Reynolds has got a pretty good track record versus him. So I like the full run line for Pittsburgh, and it's plus money in this one. You can't first five is just not a playable thing here. It's like minus two hundred and some things for the money line. Yeah, even if you want Pittsburgh up by a run through the first five, it's like minus one thirty five, and it just it doesn't make any sense. I'd rather play full game here. I got a couple of the I kind of call them like dumbed down parlays because these are not they're full numbers. I'm taking it down a notch. So here's a strikeout parlay. Because obviously I'm not I don't want to be a huge advocate of you guys doing parlays, but I'm taking Paul Skin strikeouts and Chris Sales strikeouts and I'm going down because they're both at seven and a half. I'm not playing the under doing the alt line. So give me Skeens at seven strikeouts in Sale at seven strikeouts. Pair those two together get plus one ten. The Sale one against Cincinnati is probably a really good play. I don't want to say the schemes one isn't either, but you know, just giving me just a slight little extra edge. Obviously i'd get better odds if I played both, but it's big number to be at eight. So seven across the board, and then I'm bringing back my plus one and a half first five parlay. So again for everybody, I'm thinking three teams I'm going to have them plus one and a half runs through the first five innings, so obviously the odds stink on those, but that's why we're putting three together. I will tell you I'm going to give everybody this. Here's the actual parlay Chicago White Sox backing Garrett Crochet, Baltimore Orioles because they're going against Marlins and Seattle because we got Logan Gilbert. You pair those three plus one and a half through the first five, you get plus one oh four. I did have Chicago over Baltimore at one point and then I got shaky about it and changed. So, as Bubba had mentioned, jameson Tyne has been pretty good the original parlay with Seattle, Chicago and Chicago. So if you guys want to play that, you can.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple other bets that are out there as well, bettingpros dot Com, slash Welsh if you guys want to follow, and friendos. Those are the best bets of the day, brought to you by bet three six five, Bubba. Oh, the home run board. Let's take a look at the home run board. Who do you think? Because you probably are not up on this who do you think has more homers between Joe or I? Right now, take a guess.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, I'm hoping you, but I'm say Joe because Jodas picks Aaron Judge almost every time.
Speaker 1: And that's what boy Bubba knows this show. That's right, Joe is in the lead. We neither one of us got a home run today. I'm pretty I'm close. Ish I shouldn't say I'm pretty close. I have twenty two. I think the number is Joe's at twenty six. But ladies and gentlemen, Joe's about to fall off the board. And I don't know if Joe has a home run guy today. I guess he had devers yesterday, so that would kind of carry over. But the home run board at the very tippy top, l Scale has thirty five, owns the lead right now, Silent Dragon thirty four, be Trott has thirty three. We've got a couple others. Boy Larry's in there, people have thirty or more. And the very bottom, at the very bottom, Joe is sitting there with twenty six. I guess you could justify him being at eighteen. So he's gonna have to get going and I have got to get going. I gotta get going pretty bad to get on this board. You guys can take part in the home Run contest if you're a premium member on the discord channel for Fantasy Pros. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash chat. You guys can go and do that today. You can sign up. We did really cool like chats during the year that became shows. But you can go and sign up today. I was looking if there was I don't see where that art is, but Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat. There's a butt free discord across the board. But you can also join up with some of the premium stuff and maybe next year you can join in with the home run Contest. Bubba, who is your home run bet of the day?
Speaker 2: Well, the ashtros are facing a Valdo Bido today or Beto whoever you want to say. It doesn't matter in reality you jord On Alvarez gonna stay nuclear hot. He's going deep in oco today.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go back to the well that works out for me. We haven't seen a whole bunch. He really disappointed in the home run derby, but I love the matchup. For going up against the Marlin. So give me Gunner Henderson. Gunner Henderson probably I would have to go back to see the stats. I can almost guarantee you Gunner Henderson is my home run personal leader. Of the twenty two that I've put on the board, Gunner probably is like seven of them. So Gunner is usually a good marker for me to get kickstarted. So we're going to kickstart it here with Gunner Henderson. Bubba's going to be here with us on Tuesdays through July and then is going to be a regular every single week in August Bubba. So everyone's we're all going to get excited get to see Bubba again. You know, you're just like another Joe. You're actually it's funny because Joe does his like old man glasses impression and he looks so old when he does it. You're looking pretty great with your glasses. You're a young and.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. A new adjustment. This year. I started having trouble breathing, like fangrafts and stuff while I was doing podcasts. Hello, Yeah, we're throwing the glasses on now and it helps a ton.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, tomorrow Joe is back mister Piecepa is back. We've got a Rico up on Thursday, and Joe will be back on Friday. It's trade a week, so there is a whole lot we're going to be covering, so make sure you guys are locked in here. It's going to be probably some articles as far as the trade deadline goes. We'll be doing the breakdowns as soon as the seal breaks. As soon as it breaks, we're going to be breaking all those guys down. You guys know where to find everything else. Make sure you subscribe to the YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB and on your favorite podcast app. For Casey Bubba at b d Intrick, I'm the Welsh. You can find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh and we'll talk to you next time. Right here, I'm leading off piece out.
Speaker 3: Friends, Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube Channe so at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy pros m lb, HM,