Speaker 1: Dak Prescott targeted George Pickings four times against the Eagles, and he called three of those balls for thirty yards. But Thicking says he wasn't bothered about how often the ball came its way last Thursday, just really staying open for them. I'm not really worried about the touch his catches and all that stuff. I'm just trying to stay up before this team. I'm trying to focus on focus on the first win.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, great attitude. I told you we had that talk. You ain't gonna have no issue. I garang I put that on anything at the George Picks that I had that conversation and we had that talk. He's watching all his other colleagues at the receiver position get paid when he should be right in line and got already gotten paid with them, and he's had to wait a little bit longer now because of some issues that he's had. Boy, he's gonna be quiet as a mouse. He's gonna do everything he's supposed to do and he his way. He's gonna be blocking, he ain't gonna be loafing. If if there's a pass route, he gonna take whatever he needs to do to open up somebody else, no selfishness. He's gonna he's gonna be selfless and guarantee you his his his numbers are gonna come, His catch is gonna come, and he they gonna get the ball to him. They donna get They gonna get it to him in just one week.
Speaker 1: But you know, Joey's it's kind of hard. I mean, look, you had that and it was like, you know what, maybe you just need to change the scenery. You go to a different scenery and you behave in the same manner. Then all of a sudden, people like it, ain't it ain't the scenery, it's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, the leash is short on the lease is short. But there's too many receivers coming coming in there every single year that they don't waste your money up, go and take your spot.
Speaker 1: Nope, don't mess, don't don't mess you man, how'll pick pick probably about twenty four man, don't get this brand picked?
Speaker 3: Man, don't get Hey, ain't no reason.
Speaker 1: By the time you thirty, you shouldn't have seventy fifty seventy million dollars store fifty less yourself on the lower fifty mil.
Speaker 3: You should have fifty MILLI.
Speaker 2: Especially in today's game with a kind of money you're getting paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, get that money. Get your money picked. Don't fool around. I understand you want your catches, but hey, guess hey, all you can do is get open. They watched the tape. Yeah, they're telling that, Hey, throw this battle pick. Just put it on tape. They'll see it all. Damn, it's been what happened Austin Eckler towards a CEO.
Speaker 3: His a cl lo achilles achilles.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry his achilles.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was again, here we go non non contact injury.
Speaker 3: M Damn. Yeah, I feel bad, feel bad.
Speaker 1: You just say you just got That's what I'm saying that when you play this game here, oh Joe, you don't know. You step on the field, you don't know if you're gonna limp off it or or am I done for a week? Am I done for a month? Am I done for the season? Or is it over for you know?
Speaker 3: Smoke?
Speaker 2: Now you see and people that people in the chat. Now you see why players continue to fight for their money and don't want to go on the field, don't want to practice, and at times it seems selfish. But when stuff like this happens, and you don't have that security blanket to fall back on because you understand how franchises and owners and teams treat you once you get hurt. They don't value you the same. They don't, they don't. They'll never say it publicly. They never said it publicly. But just heard from an owner and Jerry Jones on how he felt about having to pay a player that miss games. He just told you. They all think it, but they will never say it out loud. Jerry just happens to be one that put it to the forefront on what they always think but just never say.
Speaker 1: That's why I tell guys, look, your first contract, get as much money as you can. Got cute now if you want to, but don't let them put you in the same well you don't care about winning, because they're gonna frame that narrative. Oh yeah, and then you hear fans and then fans are like, you don't care about winning. But if you watch it, if you watch that Jerry Jones documentary, how did Fox come up with the NFC package? Because CBS wanted a discount and a lot of the other owners says because they were the first TV rights we want to give them a discount. Jerry Jones said, absolutely not. If somebody wants to pay full price, they're gonna get. We're gonna CBS is not getting a discount. That's how Fox. Fox was just the news network. The Fox had the Simpsons, they had a Living Color That's what Fox had. And guess what happened. They got the NFC package. They made somebody pay the market price to going rate.
Speaker 3: But they tell you we can't win.
Speaker 1: We can't win if you don't take a disc Look here, like I said all the time, Sharon an Hr, we want to hire sharing an Hr, but we need you to take a twenty thousand dollars pay cut.
Speaker 3: Sharon ain't getting that.
Speaker 2: Job at all.
Speaker 3: Not if I got to take a twenty five dollars cut.
Speaker 1: Nah, Nope, So hello, CD staying with the Cowboys thing. CD Lamb said he didn't sleep much over the weekend. The drops against the Eagles bothered them. I'd rather nobody else but myself be in those situations. I came up short once. We'll see the rest. Trust me.
Speaker 3: I thought about it. I've dwelled on it.
Speaker 1: I've done everything that you possibly could that you possibly could imagine about this game. For all those that feel like they feel worse about the game than me, you're absolutely.
Speaker 2: Wrong, of course, as the receiver.
Speaker 3: Already beat yourself up, CD, move on, you good, You're good.
Speaker 2: Listen, stuff like that, A game like that, drop like that, twenty four hours, uncle, there's a twenty four hour rule on something like that. You have a bad game, you have twenty four hours to dwell on it. You watch the film, do what you need to do in the week in practice, and you go out there, follow me and you make up for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to get back on the field. It's either said it done. You and I we've both been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I cannot forget about that Sunday game until I play another game.
Speaker 2: And you know what they need to do. I'm not sure who's calling the plays for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Schttenheimer, because of because of the drops.
Speaker 2: You want to get the ball to see the early and then a little screen, a little smoke, just let them let them touch it early so we get some self in rhythm and you know, you know what happens to the body and in your confidence when you touch the ball early on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, give it to me early. You have me late but the.
Speaker 2: Whole game just just let me touch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so, and we've been there, not to the I haven't dropped like had games where I've had like multiple drops onto you know what I'm saying like that, But I've had a game where I've had a big drop and and even the next game and it was years. It wasn't until I got back in that situation again and I made the play that I finally I finally felt that I had made up for what I had lost. And so it took that to be in a situation that was even bigger. AFC Championship Game, third and six, lost momentum, backed.
Speaker 3: Up to make a play.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm good. Now I felt like I've arrived. All the Pro Bowls that I had gone through, up and up, gone to up until that point, all the all proteins.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 1: It didn't make it didn't ease my mind until I made a play in the moment that I was like, Okay, this makes up for the.
Speaker 3: Can't make up for it, o jo.
Speaker 1: But now I pushed it way down, so now it's not at the front of the low, it's way at the back. There's a lot of other things good that I can think of before I get to this one thing that I let down, because it's tough, man. When you put the kind of time that we put in, and you go through what we go through, the mental preparation, the studying, the work on the field, to work off the field, to be the absolute best that you can and the more you put into it, I promise you chat, I don't know what you put into it, what you're invested in. If it's your marriage, if you put so much time and you love that other person and it doesn't work out, you damn right, it hurts too, unravel what we put together for ten, fifteen, twenty years. So when you put in what some what I put in to be the absolute best I can do be and when I don't, when I come up short, it hurt. It hurt. And the more you invest in something, the more hurt you feel from it when it doesn't go according And so I see, d I know what you're going through, bro, I absolutely one thousand percent know what you're going through. But if anybody can overcome it him, you can. You can, oh Joe. With the Super Bowl rematch, upon as Patrick Mahone was asked how much he watched the Super Bowl on his own way, on his on in the weeks after the forty twenty loss. Yeah, I mean, I'll watch every game after so you have to learn from it. I mean, it sucks that you lose the game, but in order to progress and be better next time, you have to watch and learn from it. And so I don't know the exact amount of times, but you watch it, and then you watch it in the offseason with the team, and you watch it with the coaches, and then you watch it obviously this week as well.
Speaker 3: You do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I can honestly say, oh, Joe, the game that we lost to the Jags, I've.
Speaker 3: Never watched it.
Speaker 2: No, no, may.
Speaker 1: None to watch. I was gonna get anything from it. All it's gonna do is break up TVs. That's all I was gonna do. I was gonna learn nothing from that game, right right, right. But I get what he's saying. I get what he said. You know, sometimes, you know, that's the only game that we've lost that I have no desire to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you also understand that a quarterback that has had the kind of success Patrick Mahomes has had, you know, he's a what's the word you call someone that's always in the film room, always always watching film. I'm trying to, okay, a student of the game, but it's it's something, there's something else, the something else they call. You know, players like that that have early success. It's such an early pointing period in their career. I can't remember. Oh man, it's gonna come to me. But you know, he's one of those that goes back. He beats himself up behind closed doors and looking at the mistakes he made. So when he gets that opportunity to play that team again. It's only week two, but still when he gets the opportunity to play that team again, he makes sure the mistakes he made the first time he doesn't make him again. Now there's really not nothing. There's nothing he can do with that defensive line he had to deal with the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I hope he's offensive line is better or he gonna have the same situation again and again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely if it's offensive line. Now you know, they just signs Zadarius Smith. Jalen Carter didn't get suspended, the NFL said because he didn't play in the game that served as his suspension. They basically take they're gonna take his game. Check what he made, so they'll take that from him. But it's like, no, he was punished, and I get it, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Not playing in the game. It was that punishment.
Speaker 1: Had he done it in the game, they probably would have suspended him. I feel very comfortable that they would have suspended him. But they was like, Okay, we're gonna move We're gonna move on with this. But obviously they had a long conversation. When he says something like this happens again, we're gonna drop the hammer on you. It's gonna be more than one game. It won't be one game. It'll be more than one game. And the Eagles because the Eagles could avoided some of his contract. But they're like, no, we're not gonna do that. But let that be a lesson. Now, let's not let's not have something like this, because not only do you make yourself and your family look bad, you make this organization, you make mister Lowie looks bad. Yes, so let's let's not have another situation like that. But you're right, oh Joe, if his offensive line doesn't protect him any better than what they protected him, whos gonna have the same type of outcome.
Speaker 2: Be a long day. On It's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 1: Because at the end of the day, you got to have protection. I don't care what who the quarterback is. Without protection, he's gonna be average.
Speaker 2: You make everybody look human.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're you're absolutely correct. But it's gonna be a big game. I think Fox is taking their show on the road. They're gonna have their their their crew, U Kurd and TV uh Stray Howie. I think all those guys are gonna be on location to tell you the magnitude of this game.
Speaker 3: So it's early season. It's like, but.
Speaker 1: Eagles of what people believe they're gonna be. People still believe no matter what, Kansas City is still the king of the Castle and the AFC. So, but you're getting you're getting I forgot lost my train and thought, oh Joe, it's early in the season. Yeah, And I don't you know, you don't want to put too much emphasis one way or another.
Speaker 3: Uh. You don't want to make it seem like you go, oh and too uh Philly.
Speaker 1: Philly is definitely not thinking that the king of the NFC just because they're two and oh, I know, they got a lot of work to do Kansas City is like okay, oing to uh. But but like you said, if anybody can overcome it, they they We've seen Kansas City look vulnerable before and somehow find a way to be in Super Bowls if we didn't think and not only be there win like hiding that hell did they do that? Given what he saw throughout their diary of the.
Speaker 2: Season, especially the beginning of the season. That's why that's why I said, when it comes to the Chiefs, their month is their September October. It ain't too pretty. There never has been, and they always been the top of your conversation. One year is to receive a dropping balls. The next year is losing Tyreek. It's always something, some type of dialogue on something not going right with the kann Zee Chiefs when it doesn't even matter, but when it matters most, they always for some reason end up going in the party. They always did the party when it's time right.
Speaker 1: Gronk gets called out for being hypocritical on Patrick Mahons and the Chief. Gronk criticized the Chief, stating, if you punch these guys in the faith, they're going to fold. What I was surprised about when things aren't going their way, they start struggling a little bit, they start yelling at each other, and the blaming things starts going on. You can see it on the sideline, and that's not a good situation. You want to come together when you're down. You want things going your way. You want to see them starting to point fingers is not a good sign. Many on social media are calling out Gronk for seeming to forget that Tom Brady was the exact same way.
Speaker 3: Ojo Is Gronk.
Speaker 1: Out of line for calling the Chiefs out of saying the Chiefs that Patriots didn't have the issues that the Chiefs are having.
Speaker 2: The issues that the Chiefs are having. The Patriots have had as well. True, they've just been able to mask it much better. He been able to mask it much better. Every team had the same issues, Uncle.
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 1: I remember when Jonah Gray, You remember that Sunday Night game, O Joe, he had like he played against the Patriots. He had one hundred and ninety nine yards, was ALC Player of the Week. He ended up bumbling in Coach Belichick cutting, yeah.
Speaker 2: You out of there, man, Belichick. Play that when it comes to turnovers.
Speaker 1: Man and I don't think there was parting fingers. They were saying, CJ, in this situation, why would you go inside? It's third and fourteen. Why would you go inside and give up that? Now you if you told the d live a hey check this out. I'm gonna go inside. You stunt all the way outside, so I will replace you, you replace me. I can't fine, but you did. You did that upon yourself and you left was vulnerable. So I don't have a problem that because nobody should be too big to be called out and that's all.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: Train Quill was saying, Bro, you can't do that. Why would you go Why would you go inside? And CJ said, Hey, trying to make a play. My bad, learn from it, move on. He UNDERSTANDSJ. No, Yeah, he knows that he should not.
Speaker 3: Have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he's gonna do something like that too, uncle. Because at times you think about conversations, communicating yes, game when it comes to the back end as a corner of safety, as a corner if you want to do something, if you want to gamble, you gotta let you say no. You need to have him back, have some type of signal, have some type of something with Chris Jones. He needed to talk to the backer. He say, listen, I'm gonna go inside wherever I leave from, I need you to get my back right.
Speaker 1: But he can because it's it's a passing place. So he got come. He got he got faked because he goes inside.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta tell your d t we gotta say, bro, let's run. Let's run a t E.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cut hey you. I'm gonna replace you, you replace me. So now we got something. We got somebody in that alley. But if you go look at it, the moment he goes inside, justin Herbert say thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm out. I'm out the bag dough. I'm out the bag dough.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you slide down mm hmm.
Speaker 1: First down. That was the ball game. Yeah, that's the ball game. And so and and that's and that's the thing that that's the that's what you're running to.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 1: I believe Chris Jones have have gone inside before and gotten the sack.
Speaker 3: Yep do.
Speaker 1: I believe guys have done things and and and gotten rewarded for it. But here's the thing, oh Joe, when you don't, when you don't, don't get rewarded for it. It's like, hey, it's like they say, I think they said, the average person drives somewhere between one hundred and one hundred and fifty times drunk before they actually get caught once. Let us say here that, oh yo, one hundred to one hundred and fifty times before they get caught once. So how many times have CJ done that got rewarded for it? Is just this one time that people were like, bro, why would you do that? He's done it before, right, But I love the fact that hey, he owned it.
Speaker 3: Said Hey, yeah, I'll make up for this week. I make up. I ain.
Speaker 1: Got the work cut out for it. Because the Eagles, their offensive line, they're good. It's they're good. They're the best in the NFL. They're good. They're good. You got to be on your best behavior. They don't play. Hey, they got them two tackles that the number one rated left tackle, the number one rated right tackle. Now they Dickerson is out, so we'll see can they take advantage of that those guards uh Makai Beckton is not there anymore. Dickerson is out, so we we we'll see if they can ce J can take advantage of those that guard play but those tackles Lane Johnson and my A Lota ain't to be messed with. Man, he not to be messed with. But look, we've seen Brady call players out. We've seen him call things out. People say the same thing about the Patriots. If you hit him in the mouth, they lost. Why because you had to get physical with him, very physical. That's that's the rule of thumb. When you're dealing with a team that has a quarterback like that. What is that tack Brady? Hit Brady? The Eagles? How do they beat him? Hit Brady? The Giants? How they beat him? Hit Brady? Yeah, if you want, if you want to beat it, if you want to beat Tom Brady team. He is the head of the snake. Chop the head off.
Speaker 2: You got the rattling the best way you can.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, after getting coach, we won, the Dolphins had a players only meeting linebacker Jordan Brooks, one of Miami's six captains. Usually the way we did Week one can be discouraging outside knowing people talking, fans talking, family talking, whoever else is talking, or everybody talking, but just kind of making sure that everybody's together. Well, when you lose like that, it's easy for people to get discouraged and start looking questioning, maybe yourself or others. So just making sure that we're all locked back in and making sure that we believe that the belief is still there. You lose belief, you don't have nothing. So making sure that everybody is still on the same page. Come back stronger, Come back next week stronger, o jo. How many team meetings have you ever had after week one?
Speaker 3: None? Have y'all ever had a tea? Have you ever had TV? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely? Uh you know, remember I only had one winning season in eleven years. We've had team meetings to make sure we don't splinter.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But after those meetings still things still didn't go well. And when it comes to the Dolphins, you can have two hundred meetings. You could come in there and do all the talking you want, but what you have to do is on Sundays, on offense and defense, you have to execute the ex'es and o's. That's all they come down to. The meeting is cool, you know that, that's cool to make sure everybody's going to of course, everybody on the same page. You have to be when you turn the goddamn fillmoon. If you're not on the same page. You're not doing your specific job to help say a team, it's gonna show correct. You know, the meeting is cool, you know that's to me, that's very performative. You know. Way, let's let's get together, let's talk. All that talking don't mean nothing. Man, put your hemming on and use your pads offensively. That's it. Everybody a team game. Team effort is each individual, all eleven players doing their individual job. When all eleven or working in one accord to win on every down, that's where the team comes from. That's where the winning concept comes from. It ain't hard, it ain't rocket science. It's a very simple concept. Execute the exit. No's no matter what's called. Win your individual battle. If you got to get open, get your ass open as fast as possible, give to point B and get open for your quarterback as fast as possible. If you're supposed hit the A gap, you hit that goddamn a gap. Simple discipline.
Speaker 3: As a lagus, we.
Speaker 1: Had one meeting, and everybody knows the meeting that we had after the Monday night game against San Francisco with the Romanowski situation, and we didn't always win, but we felt we had we had to have a team meeting, and it was more so about that. It wasn't so much. And we had lost four straight games. We lost four straight games. I mean we had ended up losing. We ended up had losing the division. We got up. I think we started like eleven and one, and then we lose three straight games. Now we got to where we beat Seattle last game, so we finished twelve and four. We lost a on a fifty seven yard field goal as time expired to Kansas City. We lost to Pittsburgh, We lost to San Francisco, and then that happened. Yeah, so I'm not so sure even though we lost those three games, if that incident didn't happen with Romo and JJ, I don't think we have a team meeting. I don't. I don't. But there were some things that that we had that I had started to see and everybody else that started to see that was that was bothering us.
Speaker 3: But nobody wanted to call a team meeting.
Speaker 2: Right then after after you guys had the meeting, did anything change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we locked in, we won the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, I got another question. If you didn't have that meeting, I think you probably still would have won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Nah, we had started a fracture. It was we had started to practice that because that that issu that happened, We bothered a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Mainly me, Yeah, I got you, I got you. It would it would, it would, It was. It was just it was just irking me. And there was a lot of things that started to happen offensive land defensive that you know, we had started let the slip through the cracks.
Speaker 3: Guy started bulling, was bulldiving when you know, we.
Speaker 1: Let you know, you let things go right, and you're like, okay, he'll correct it, and you let it go. Okay, he'll correct it, and you let it go, and all of a sudden it starts. You ain't correct him. Why you're looking at me? You ain't correct him? Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 3: So little things started to become big thing.
Speaker 1: And that's why that's why you take care of little things before they.
Speaker 2: Become big big yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 1: If you if you take care of the campfire, it don't become a brush fire.
Speaker 3: And that's what we had allowed to happen.
Speaker 1: We had had a little campfire and because we didn't address it, Because we didn't put it out, we were able to get it under control O show and we ended up taking care of.
Speaker 3: Doing what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: But we had breadstrong leadership, and I just remember, it's like, bro, this is it. We're not having another meeting. I don't give it. Damn if if a storm come through and blow the roof out of the building, we're not meeting again.
Speaker 3: So what whatever is on your mind?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Say it now? Whatever?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, nobody, I hope you got your arm on because it's gonna get ugly. You know what that been bothering me? You've been bullge outing a long time. You have like you don't even care, give it up, touchdowns, walking off the field. Hey, fumbling the fumbling balls. Oh yeah, that's the thing when you see when you have a team meeting and you say, he get it off your chest. Everybody fair game? Yeah, everything is fair?
Speaker 3: Gay?
Speaker 2: Hey, those are those are some uncomfortable conversations, very very uncomfortable conversations.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Whatever George, Oh.
Speaker 3: Hap, what happened?
Speaker 1: What happened George? As you was trying to get Jeordian Tcher, did George about what happened. No, it's uh, it is, it is, Joe, it is. It is very uncomfortable conversation because a lot of things that were said in the meeting. You wouldn't know a lot of times, Oh Joe, we say things in a joking manner, but there's truth in jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, ways, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Oh Joe, Hey man, my sister would have caught that one. Uh dag bro, that's how you feel. Yeah, I said, you wore your teams today? Hunh you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. Hey, you said things in a joking, laughing manner, because but everybody can't take things, you know, Like I said, O Joe, sometimes sometimes you can joke with people, you gotta know who the joke with.
Speaker 3: Who not joke with.
Speaker 1: Some guys you got the ride, you got the mofo them you got, you got to really be on them and then they get it.
Speaker 3: Some guys you gotta pad on the back, said come on now, we know you better than that. Now, so come on you.
Speaker 1: Hey, I ain't worried about you. I know that ain't gonna happen again. All the while you said, I hope it don't happen. I'm gonna put my foot in your ass. You know what I'm saying. Some guys you have to talk to accordingly, But you got to know who to talk to.
Speaker 3: You've been around these guys, You've observed them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see how they how they move, So you know who you can and can't talk to. If somebody you talked to the wrong way, it's a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they snap you. And Yeah. That also goes for coaching. I think that's what makes the best coaches, coaches that know how to coach that way and know how to get the maximize the potential of each player by knowing who the coach hard and who not to, how to navigate around, which players you can coach hard, and which players you need to kind of yeah, and ease them into it.
Speaker 1: Coach there, we used to always tell us at Savannah State. He say, I'm gonna treat all y'all fair, but I ain't gonna treat you all the same. I like that, and you know you understood.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Look, a lot of times might with with coaching through me because he would ride me harder than he would.
Speaker 3: Any other other star player.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Cooper's like, Hey, you know, the boss don't mean anything by that. I said, Cool, I'm just gonna do my job. I just do my job. Bro, just let me do my job, all that other, all that other stuff, as long as you ain't curaging me. That mofo as noah, like I said, that's the only thing I had a problem with. That's the only thing. I ain't got no problem with you coaching me. I ain't got no problem with you coaching me hard. But when you start calling me something Mary Porter ain't never called me. If you're not gonna have a problem, I'm I'm will pull you to the side. Now it half of again, Okay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 1: So you you said so basically you said you don't care what I say because I told you that's I got a problem with that. I don't mind you coaching me, but you're not fitting the mofo me. You not finning so o be me and all that. You dumb you not, that's not what you're gonna do. So I ain't had no problem with and and and and then one. You know, because I remember when I went to Baltimore, o your as a free agent, and you know, talked to. You know, I flew back on the plane with mister Modell because he happened to be down there with that two thousand situation. So I took the plane back with him, had a great conversation. I remember Ozzy met us at the facility because we flew it to the airport. The driver picked us up, took us back to the facility, and then Ozzie ended up taking me to the hotel. He told Ozzie, he said, Ozzie, I got I already got this deal. Don't you f it up. He's okay, all right, I got it. I got hi from here. So I went to breakfast with uh jet Shack Harris Uh and Ozzy, and so I met with Brian, met with Brian Billick, and he's like, you know, Ozzy had already told me said, we want you to be you. Be you, We want you to be a We don't tell people, we don't tell guys they can't do this and they can't do that.
Speaker 3: Just be you.
Speaker 1: So when I went in there and talked to Ryan, is like, well, you know how you doing. We love to have, love to have you. We think you know you're what we need you with the missing ingredients, you know guy that can make plays the vetter relieve all of that. He says, Uh, you know coaching. I said, coach, I ain't got no problem being coached. I said, but you can't curse me. I can't do that. Yeah, he says, Okay, say coach me. I don't got no problem. You corrected me in front of the team. I ain't got no problem when you corrected me on the field. You're gonna lose me or I'm gonna lose it on you if you curse me. We ain't had no problems. Yeah, never had no problems. And so that's why I said, you have to know how to talk to certain people, because every everybody is it motivated or coach the same way.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 1: The Brady Belichick of the prime example, he wanted a preciation.
Speaker 3: Coach.
Speaker 1: Belichick felt that he had to keep him in his place by saying that Tom is no better than the special teams, right yeah, yeah, And I think a part of him, even though Tom realized that it made him better, I think he's like, come on, coach, can you say I did I did do something good without saying everybody played well or some x y Z did good. Also but that was that was my only thing, O Joe, that was my only thing. But let me ask you this. Yeah, the Dolphins, let's just say, for the sake of our argument, after three four weeks, this thing doesn't get turned around. Now, now, you the Dolphins, You the general manager, what you're gonna do with Joe?
Speaker 2: We got to we gotta make moves. We got to make moves. We have to make moves. We have to think about twenty six, twenty seven and twenty eight. We got to think about the foresee of the future. How do we transition and turning team around. We are official and rebuild mode. We're official in rebuild mode. You know, we gotta we gotta dump a few things. We got to bring bring a few things in. We have to get some picks for the future. And how do we do that by letting some of our valuable assets go? Yeah, getting money off the books.
Speaker 1: You gotta get You gotta get draft capital. Yeah you got And the guy that can probably get you the most draft capital is Tyreek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe Chubb Phillips.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look at guys that you that that uh, you're probably not gonna want to get rid of Waddle and Tyreek.
Speaker 2: You got to have I don't have somebody, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're gonna get the value for the quarterback if you were to try to move him, so you might be stuck with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And I think I think you agree with me on that. I think they're stuck with him. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A six foot quarterback with multiple concussions that can't that's injury prone and a whole ain't a big market out there for a guy like that.
Speaker 2: O, Joe and listen. Ain't a big market for quarterbacks at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a there's a big market if you ain't got one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean yeah, but find I don't but that one. Yeah, finding a feasible one, yes, hard, that's the hard part. Yeah, everybody can't be Green Bay. Hum.
Speaker 3: No, you're right.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers could surpass Brett Favre's career touchdown total on Sunday. Rogers has thrown five hundred to seven regular season touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: Farv retired with five o eight.
Speaker 1: If Rogers throws one touchdown on Sunday against the Seahawks, he'll tie Brett Farr for the fourth most in NFL history. Rogers still has a very long way to go to reach Tom Brady's record of six forty. Ain't getting that one. Six hundred and forty nine regular season touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: Drew Brees the.
Speaker 1: Second all time with five to seventy one, followed by Peyton Manning at five thirty nine. Rogers has a chance to surpass Manning for third this season. He needs to throw he has four. He threw four in the first game. He has five h seven, so he needs to throw thirty three touchdown passes. So you need to have thirty seven touchdowns in order to get the five forty. You like your chances, O.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yeah, maybe I can. We can we see him if you have a performance like today. How many more times can we get a four touchdown game from him in a seventeen game season. I think it's possible. Yeah, possible because of his arm talent, because of the play calling. They know what he can and they know what he can do the way DK Metcalf Playton in that first game. They absolutely can do it. They absolutely can do it. The way Aaron Rodgers was facilitating the ball to everyone, all receivers, all tight ends, everybody touched the ball. Everybody contributed to that offensive production. So there's a good there's a good chance, you know, they can't do it. You know, if if Aaron Rodgers goes on a run and that that confidence starts starts seeping in and they going, they get on a good role offensively, he definitely can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he guys, that's six forty nine.
Speaker 2: That's high.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, that's a that might be a four year total.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't think he wants to play that long. Not could be wrong, and I may. It all depends on how this I mean and how you take it And once you get to a certain year, a certain age, and a certain total, Yeah, O joe, you take it one year at a time, Ben, This man got six hundred and forty nine with a miss season, remember mister two thousand and eight season on show with that injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The number one, the number one, the numbers for the number one all over pick cam Ward debut doesn't look great, but they failed to tell the whole story. Wars completion rate was affected by mistakes from a head coach plus several drops by receiving corps the quarterback. However, hasn't lost confidence in his receiver. I'm never going to get get on those guys for dropping the ball. I'm going to throw a pick at some point in the season. So bad plays are going to happen. The biggest thing is when we get back to the huddle, We've always have to have the next play mentality. I'm not too worried about that. Those boys are going to catch the ball.
Speaker 3: I agree. I love that. Yeah, that's why. See, that's why I don't.
Speaker 1: I get upset when coach when quarterbacks try to show the receiver up. You ran the wrong Ridy, you did this. So when you go a pick, I'm gonna be like m and he got on uniform. Yeah, why the ball?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? You know?
Speaker 2: Can you can? You can tell cam Ward is polish, very He's very very polished. Now, I'm not talking about the way he plays the quarterback position. It's the things he says outside of the game. He says to the media and already knowing you know, Calvin Ridley, He's caught a lot of balls. Calvin really has caught a lot of touchdowns. He's gonna have games where he dropped balls, but he also have games where he makes those plays. So I'm gonna make mistakes too. Yep, I'm gonna have my faults. I'm gonna have my flaws as a quarterback. It's gonna happen. So why am I gonna get on him when things don't go well? But yeah, they're gonna be all right. They gonna, they gonna, they definitely gonna be alright. But cam Ward is acting like a sav event, like even playing four or five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like guys when when guys speak beyond their years. Yes, this is a five six seven year vet speaking.
Speaker 3: He's a rookie. Yeah, he gets it.
Speaker 1: You unders stands all right, Oh Joe, it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 2: Hey you can't tell everybody were back on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna tell him.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got me, I got I got my outfit laid out for tomorrow already.
Speaker 3: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to your brother on getting his Hall of Fame ring. Oh Joe, I don't know why you want to find andre Ward. If so, I'll be on night cabin unk.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, I'm gonna be all right. Yeah me listen, we talked, I talked to Turkey. I talked to Turkey tonight. I had a conversation with him. I talked to Danna White.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Danna White liked the idea as you as you heard him say on the show, I won't say no, but I won't say yes. So anytime you hear someone like that that's in the position of power to make something happen, you know, he understands, he understands the the fight. It can be the excitement that it would bring, you know, to uh, the sport of boxing or combat sports in general. Having one of the best from one sport, you know, transition into another one that takes it serious. You can't play boxing. So therefore, I probably am gonna beat the shit out of andre Ward. I'm probably gonna whoop his ass. And that's how I feeled.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Abraham Yanks say, go pack go.
Speaker 1: I wish my younger brother would talk about me like you talk about Sterley.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, bro. Uh, I get that a lot. I get that a lot.
Speaker 1: My mom says A lot of people ask her to say they wish their kids were was as close as my brother and I. I mean, we grew up with each other, we were all we had. My sister, the oldest. She did the best job she could, made sure we had what she had when she would you know, when she was working. We just been close. That's the way our grandmother raised us. Tyron said, what's up, unker O, Joe, who are your top five Packers all time? Oh my goodness, you gotta go Favarie Rodgers, Don Houston, Don Hudson, excuse me, Don Hudson, that'll be three.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah uh.
Speaker 1: And then you gotta go probably Star Bart Starr, you got Jim Taylor, you got Ray Nisky. I mean, you got a lot of guys that that's that, you know, that's the hall of fame from that, those those championship teams.
Speaker 3: Of the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, people don't remember, but James Lufton played for the Packers.
Speaker 3: But I would definitely think you have.
Speaker 1: To go Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Don Hudson, I would go Bart Starr, and I'll go Reggie White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good list.
Speaker 1: There's so many j f akers said, oh who you got one on one? Leo at sixty five, you had forty seven with one eye. Glad to see Sterling get that ring? Long overdue.
Speaker 3: Man? How old Leo. I was Leo was twenty seven when I was eighteen. So now yeah, so le will.
Speaker 1: Be six about sixty six by be right, I think, Lou, I think, I think, I think o Yo will move so I think, oh Yo, I think o Yo might get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, hey, man, you see uh oh you probably ain't see the clip who that man I posted on the Instagram when I saw the cord for the first thing, he said, you feel like going to the gym and sparring? Man? That man? Oh you see matter of fact? See you know how always be on here talking about training boxing. Andy had an opportunity to sit with all of them, and what's the first thing they all told.
Speaker 3: You see you getting there with you get that.
Speaker 2: I never been in the ring with all of them. Now they're not they're not turning up, but you know, once they step inside the ring, they don't play no games, right, they gonna work. So it's at times it becomes over it becomes overwhelming when we get like round four or five. Yeah, oh my god, but yeah, I've been in there with everybody.
Speaker 1: Barble Fortael said, oh yo, oh cho pay that fifty nine hundred Yet no.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got I got you right now. I'm working on it. I'm working on it, uh, because Hey, I played black jack. I played black jack. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but the dealer help you, and the people sitting next to you help you. The first night I was here, I won five hundred. The second night, I came back the second night and hit him for another seven hundred. And I'm only playing a twenty five dollars table.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your name must be Jack, and you plenty black, so that's the only black jack you that still ain't.
Speaker 3: Close to my fifty nine hundred. No, you won twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I know, but listen, I want twelve hundred. That's why I'm drinking. I'm drinking my little energy drink right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, you will go back downstairs the place I'm down.
Speaker 2: There right now, I forget your money. I ain't fnna pay with your money like that, cause you you might do you might want to do something to me, and then I'm mad to hurt you. I don't want, you know, I don't want it to come to that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The Woods said, Oh, Joe, I messed you yesterday about the jersey for my birthday on Instagram. Twin, don't do it like that. Don't do don't do it. Don't do it like you do by this money.
Speaker 2: Now. I got you, Twin, I got you, I got you. I promise you maybabe, I got to send somebody a jersey. Remind me to check my Instagram for it.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: Alright, bet see, Twin, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: I'm on top of that money maker.
Speaker 1: She said, h y'all can ask some pay unk o jo shirts tonight, captain shop so we can help you get your fifty out on the back bank bank say, sure, should do it, go to Miami. We'll take it. He can't go nowhere. Cleveland got his rights. Uh Kim Valentino Cowboys beat Queen Bay Week four.
Speaker 3: Well, he ain't gonna have a whole lot of time to throw.
Speaker 2: The ball at all at all?
Speaker 1: Uh? Rinsey Philms said, would you rather start Ricky Pearson or Q Johnson? This week for Fantasy Saints gave up one hundred and sixty three passing yards, Raiders gave up to seventy six and not brock Bars is out.
Speaker 3: Man. But look at Pierre oh Mac Jones.
Speaker 2: Okay, but hey, listen if mac Jones is playing right on. Yeah, you know what they're gonna do with Ricky.
Speaker 3: They're gonna feed him.
Speaker 2: They you got to feed him.
Speaker 1: You got you're gonna make You're gonna be without you, without possibly without Jenny, you withold out Uh uh are you and Kittle? Yeah, they're gonna feed You.
Speaker 2: Got to put him in position to feed him. You got to.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm starting, Quintin Johnson Brisbane U between the Chiefs, Ravens and Lions, who is the most trouble with an H and two star.
Speaker 2: Shoot? Honestly, even all three teams he just named even would start. Ain't none of them in trouble?
Speaker 3: Ain't? Yeah? They can? They can? They can? They got it?
Speaker 1: Look Lions, if Lions go to they have one division loss, everybody already has and so everybody would have lost one game within the division. The Chiefs would have lost one game to the Chargers, the Lions would have lost one game uh to the Bears, and the Ravens would have lost one game to the Browns. I don't think I agree with you. I don't think any of them would be in big trouble bag ahead, guys, can you tell us who were a couple of guys that were tough matchups for you, and why I mean av Lewis was the toughest matchup for.
Speaker 2: Me, for me, for me, uh, probably Revers easily. Yeah, two thousand, two thousand and nine season against Reavers, it was very difficult. Obviously that front four was phenomenal, but even without that front four, what Reavers was able to do.
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: Nice If I see it, if I see him, if I see him today, first thing I always say, Man, we need to line it up. I need my get back, I need my get back. I don't know what where we're gonna do it at. We could do one on one, just we just need to line up.
Speaker 1: That concluded this episode of Nightcap Guys. Thank you guys for joining us. We really really appreciate that. Thank you guys that we're in the chat with us. Earlier today as we talked to some uh the andre Wards talk to Roy Jones Jr. Antonio Tarboro, Dana White, Caleb Plant, Fernando Vargas Junior and senior Jim Gray. Thank all those guys for stopping by spending a couple of minutes with us on a Nightcap day Cap. So we greatly greatly appreciate that. Tomorrow. We're going tomorrow, we're going to be live from ten to twelve East Coast time, which means from one to three, ten to twelve, ten to twelve, ten.
Speaker 2: To twelve West Coast time.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, but I'm saying no, that's one to three East Coast time. Yes, ten to twelve specific time, which is one to three East Coast time. So yes, So we will have Triple H, Undertaker and Club five twenty on tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's those are confirmed guests. Those are confirmed.
Speaker 1: Obviously, other people will be erkling around because today Roy Jones wasn't supposed to be on Fernando Vargas Junior Season, wasn't supposed to be on Antonio Tarborough, wasn't supposed to be on Caleb Plant. So we just hey, we see guys in a come on over here. A lot of those guys that I know, have you been talking to Tarbor? Have been texting him DM and him and what you call him? Had Roy Jones on Club had on Club Shay Shay early. He was one of the early guests. So that's what we have lined up tomorrow. We were scheduled to go from what was it from three three to five, right five schedule to go three to five, but now we're going early in the morning, so we're gonna go ten to twelve Pacific time, which is one to three East Coast time. Thank you guys for joining us for night Cap tonight. Green Bay Packers moved to two and oh they take down to Washington Commanders twenty seven eighteen. Jordan Love was nineteen to thirty one two ninety two, two touchdowns, zero interceptions, and the defense harassed Jayde and Daniels all night long. They sacked him four time, but they pressured him more time, numerous times, at least double digit as far as pressures because Michael Parks's had eight by himself. And they win twenty seven eighteen to move to two and Oh. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host. He's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Arnoree Matting's ratings adjuster, former pro bowler, All Pro. He's Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We'd like to thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Please check out Shave by Laportier. If you cannot find Shave by Laportier in the city or straight near you ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door the best taste in premium bsup Kangyak on the market. We also have a very special limited edition release celebrate my brother's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He and I became the first brothers to ever select it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and you could see it on your screen screen. Here is a prememinitive edition of Shade by Laportier with He and I and the Hall of Fame bus. It's a limited supply, so please order yours while you can head over to La Portier Kanyak to grab yours wild supplies. Last, please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shape shaed Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is also appearing in the chat. As we mentioned before, we've launched a new show under the Shay Shaped Media umbrella, Devo and Joe, starring James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to the YouTube page Devo and Joe the Era every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at eleven am Eastern. That's Devo and Joe Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at eleven am Eastern.
Speaker 3: I'm unk, he's oh Joe. We'll see you
Speaker 1: Bright and early tomorrow ten to twelve Pacific time, one to three East Coast time out tomorrow where eas