Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by invisil Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison, What.
Speaker 4: A Cowboys Nation?
Speaker 5: Welcome and the Girls Boys Talk presented by Invisi Line in the SWBC studio. I'm Nicole Hutchison alongside Aisha Morrison, Jess Navarrees and Jazz Mo Nay.
Speaker 6: I've been slacking on that. That was low and you.
Speaker 7: Do it different every time. I don't know me because I'm like one day I'm a harmonized but it's just like, wow, you can you pick a different note every time?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, yeah, I trying to say about singing bad.
Speaker 6: You you harm variety.
Speaker 5: Let's try to get to No, it's getting along harmon Jazmine, I can't.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I know my ear started bringing that's crazy practice. I had to take that practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, speaking of practice, guys, yes, we're talking about practice. We're absolutely talking about talking about my bad Guess what what Brandon Cooks, Marshawn neland designated to return to practice today today, they have returned the practice right right.
Speaker 6: Now, Let them cook.
Speaker 5: Let them cook, and Marshawn don't have one for.
Speaker 8: That, let me think it's fine. I'll think on it.
Speaker 5: The impact that these two guys, well, of course they probably won't play this Sunday against the Washington Commanders, but their twenty one day practice window has officially started. Just having those guys back, what kind of impact. Let's start with Brandon Cooks first. That impact of having Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 6: Back, what is it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean, honestly, it's a morale boost and I think that's exactly what this team needs right now, coming off of back to back to back to back losses. I just had to the point, is you get a moral boosts from even just saying Brandon Cooks right, The impact that he has in that locker room, in that room, just his presence alone, his mentorship, him being back physically and being able to help coach these guys. Because let's keep it a buck here, some of these guys that he's around will not be here next year. They might be free agents, they might go to another team so what they can get out of Brandon Cooks for the rest of the season will be not just valuable, you know, for the rest of the season, so they don't have to end it in such a miserable fashion, but it could extend past and really get them good tape to get them where they want to be an extra whether that's here or not. So getting a morale boost first and foremost. Second of all, you get some consistency here as well, from that wide receiver to position that has been a question mark really all season. It's kind of been mixed around. Is it terp is it Jalen Tolbert.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 8: But what you do know is when you have a Brandon Cooks on the field, you have consistency. And that's exactly what this offense needs.
Speaker 7: I'm with just in terms of morale. As far as what's expect from them on the field, Ideally we would get the consistency that you're talking about, but considering what they're both coming back from, I think we do need to wait and see what they do before we put those expectations on them. However, yesterday, when Mike McCarthy was asked about who's been stepping up as a leader on this team in the absence of DeMarcus Lawrence and Dak Prescott. He mentioned that what he's been depending on is guys to lead by example and show what they should be doing as players, and that different guys have been stepping up at different times, especially when they're designated team captains. So when it comes to that leading by example, we know Brandon Cooks is one of those people who historically has been.
Speaker 6: Very good for that.
Speaker 7: So I feel like him being back at practice, him being active during the games, even if he doesn't get as many snaps starting off, I think that'll do some good things for the offense because you've got guys that are still fighting for various reasons. There are some people who really want to try to do the absolute most with these next seven games. There are some people who've got incentives or they just want to put out good tape. So I believe that the example that he can set will be really good for this offense. So we'll see a morale boost, we'll see lifted spirits, and other than that, we'll just have to see how they've recovered and how they come back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, y'all pretty much said it. All in regard to the benefit of the him actually being on the field, I'm just at a point to where, very similar to how y'all said, is that it's too further the team and for them to and these guys to further themselves. Given where you are in the season, I'm not expecting well, I will say, just me personally, I'm just glad that Brandon Cooks has some time to get healthy. This knee was bothering him since training camp, and him having this time off I think will benefit him as well, just in his route running and things, because we weren't seeing the suddenness of being able to stop on a dime and go out of his and release and so him being back to his one hundred percent self. I'm happy for the player to have the opportunity to play fully healthy at this point in the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you have to have you have to always be happy about a Brandon Cooks. I mean, you all hit it on the nail, but being happy about Brandon Cooks being back in the fold because you do get to learn from him. It's specifically like a guy like Jayalen, Tolbert Turpin. They've always spoken so highly about what he brings to the table, but switching gears to Marshaw Neeland having him back, and again, this doesn't mean that they're gonna be playing this week, I would hope not, because you still have to slowly get them back into the mix of things. But just having him, a guy like that back, and even though he's a rookie, having him back, what does that mean.
Speaker 6: It's I'm ecstatic.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's a rookie with a cultural impact. So I think in a lot of the same ways. Although it wasn't as declared because people aren't used to having him around as much, but you could tell that, you know, the way he approached the game had an impact on the rest of the unit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's relief. It's relief for that really run around and this is a room that you know we've talked about has been hit time after time this season, a very heavily impacted room, starting, you know, with Sam Williams going out, and then you had Tank and then Mark Shawn and then Micah, Like it was just one thing after another. So now that you can slowly kind of start to build back what I think Mike Zimmer's vision was for this D room. It really just puts you in a good position as far as going forward, you can start to see more of what the vision actually was, because I truly believe what you're seeing out of Mike Zimmer's defense is not what he had planned given the amount of injuries to key significant players younger or older, a Tank Lawrence or Marshawn Kneeland. When you have both ends of those spectrum out, that impacts your vision significantly, and I think that's kind of what you're seeing now. But it brings relief. It brings relief to everybody around, including the coaching staff who could scheme upon his return.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I'm excited for Marshawn Kneelan one of my favorite players coming out of this draft. I think he came out and showed very early why he was drafted those first few games, just showing that run stopping ability and the soundness that he plays with as a defender, as a run defender specifically. But he was before he got injured, starting to show some pass rush ability, starting to have a pass rush plan, showing that heaviness in his hands, and so I hope that he's able to continue to build upon that and in regard to Zimmer's defense, as you mentioned just, I do think that we are seeing this defense make little improvements every week, and one thing that they are doing well is getting pressure, but they're not getting home. And I think that maybe not right away, but his presence will eventually start helping because he can push, he can push the pocket. He's still very strong, so we'll see how his impact allows Zimmer to maybe do some things that he's been wanting to do, as you were talking about just and yeah, again, I didn't want him to miss his whole rookie year, so I'm happy that he's on the field again.
Speaker 5: It kind of goes back to what you were saying yesterday about now you kind of just sit back and evaluate, especially with getting guys back.
Speaker 6: Later in the season.
Speaker 5: And it's unfortunate that they had to deal with injuries the entire year leading up into Week eleven.
Speaker 6: But I mean, now, wow, I feel like he just it feels like he just got injured, and it feels like the season just started.
Speaker 8: Yes, to me, it feels much longer than it's actually been since he got injured, because I was about to be possitive by faster, a much dark at four PM, No.
Speaker 7: I'm expected every week the practice report came through.
Speaker 6: Because whoa, I was waiting for that. All right, here we go, here, we get here. You already ready for really? You already ready? I guess actually ready?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I need some more energy because that wasn't it.
Speaker 6: We're ready.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit better, all right. Doron Bland full participant, Brady Cooks limited as expected, too many doga full participant. Jake Ferguson did not participate obviously concussion from week eleven. UH Tyler Guiden full participant, Eric Kendricks limited, Marshaw Neeland limited, Seedy Lamb limited, back foot injury, Jordan Lewis limited. He did say today in locker room.
Speaker 6: That he feels good.
Speaker 5: He's still expecting to play on Sunday against the Commanders. Uh Hana Lipke, Zach Martin, Tyler Smith, Nick Vigil did not participate in today's practice, So m still another lengthy injury report. But who stands out there?
Speaker 7: City's still dealing with the ac joint thing as well, because he's been.
Speaker 6: Embrace on it has his back foot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I was just wondering if he was.
Speaker 8: He's just he's fighting through it.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 8: I mean, nothing really surprises me on that, nothing really stands out. What I did like to hear was Doron Bland being a full participant. That's who you know I have been waiting to see and and not just me, everybody, And honestly, if any room needs relief, we're talking about relief. It is that cornerback room and Deron Bland. You know, I think they'll kind of inch him in a little bit. They're not really going to full blown put you out there every single snap. You know he's coming back from an injury. But to get that relief out there and just have that name again, that respect on the field, coming off of a record for making season last year, that makes people question what they're doing. Especially when you're talking about a rookie.
Speaker 6: Quarterback coming in this who.
Speaker 8: Is going to get saying you don't necessarily have the rookie to pick on anymore. If you have a Darn Blend and a Trayvon Diggs side by side, you don't really have a week side anymore. If you will, And not to say Kayling Carson is week I'm just saying there's a different respect that quarterbacks and opposing offensive coordinators do not have for Kayling Carson yet.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say yet because it will come. Was he on injury repoor?
Speaker 5: He not on her?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, why because he will?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you had like no, no, you just didn't know if the shoulder was Yeah, because I was trying to figure out the decision to start Israel mccombell last week.
Speaker 6: I mean, is that again, is that a corners are like kickers if the feelings get hurt. If I had, they got to bounce back. He seemed fine and lockery. He's not sure, he's fine. I he that's the type of person he is. I'm not worried about his confidence. I'm wondering if they're trying to figure things out or or they just throwing things at the wall trying to figure things out at this point. And also, Israel mcuomo, if I'm not mistaken, is on his last year. He iss so maybe they're trying to give him an opportunity as well.
Speaker 8: I also think he's earned it at this point. I think is he's been patient, He's waited until his number has been called and his whole crew, and I really think at this point in the season, when you're down to your last wire. Why not give the guy that's earned it and busted his tail to always be there the shot. I mean, Kaitlyn got his shot, and yes it's been rough, but I think it was here.
Speaker 6: Next year exactly, he's gonna be here exactly. Yeah, yes, sure, what year does he know he was? He went in the fish? Yeah, you know he went in the fish.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, he'll be here.
Speaker 6: Next fifth round. Players don't get the same opportunity you're going to be here.
Speaker 7: That's fair.
Speaker 8: But I also think looking at the the laundry list of free agents, and you're right, think he has a better shot being here than he'll be fine something.
Speaker 5: That's a guy like Al Harris in his corner who absolutely loves him in this room.
Speaker 7: So guy's going to reserve my enthusiasm on Deron Bland just because he's been a full participant before.
Speaker 6: That's very true, and that is true.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm just excited to see consistency in the full participancy here, and not to say we don't know what's gonna happen com Sunday, but to see it consistently happen to me, that's always a really good sign that you're on an upward tick to returning.
Speaker 6: I don't know what his rehabits look like, but I do understand like in how he plays and the agressives that he plays with, being able to have confident in that foot, to plant, to drive, to go to turn his hips, all those things is something that's going to take time. So I just want to see him. I'll be watching him very closely if he does get to play, his movement, his body language is all those things about him, because it's kinda will make some special like that to me. It's kind of what makes them special is the footwork, is the ability to take some risks that other people maybe can't do. And so I'm looking. I'm just gonna be paying attention to that, letting him slowly but surely. Foot injuries are serious. Have y'all stumped? Y'all's told you thought you was gonna die. Imagine fracturing something in there. So the O, yeah, you want to you want to fight?
Speaker 5: I did literally tell you trying to box whatever you hit your toe on.
Speaker 6: So imagine squaring up with the track.
Speaker 8: I almost did. So.
Speaker 6: Just imagine having a broken foot. It is so the bones in your foot are so delicate. I'm sure you know that. So it's like it is gonna take him some time. So I'm with them and the muscle sister. So whenever he decided anything and insane, uh wait till he comes back, goes to words.
Speaker 5: DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 6: He was seen in the building today. Yeah, yeah, he lives. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He did tell the media that he's close to returning, and he did say that he's unlike the conversations that have been surrounded around Zach Martin, he did make it clear he will be back next year. He ain't letting no injury yeah deter him.
Speaker 8: Well, he's a free agent next year, so exactly will he be back?
Speaker 5: All right, let's not think about that right now.
Speaker 2: I'm but no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just good to hear from DeMarcus Lawrence and the fact that he's just kind of taken his time and rehabbing. So he did emphasize that as well. All right, we're gonna take our first break up next, we're gonna be taking a look at the Washington Commanders up next here.
Speaker 6: On Girls, Talk Boys, Talkers.
Speaker 5: Anybody if his line, We'll be right back, Cary.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollar order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold koola a journey to fotopia.
Speaker 6: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like a jigsaw dating.
Speaker 4: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has.
Speaker 9: Been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys, the perfect matchup on game day Dicky's Barbecue Pit No One out smokes us.
Speaker 2: Order at Dicky's dot Com for groups called eight sixty six barber Cue.
Speaker 7: Dips on the Ribs.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Nation. Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot Com Slash.
Speaker 6: Fan of the Year.
Speaker 8: Go vote for our girl Amanda.
Speaker 6: Vote for her. Vote for her. That's actually pretty dope. Yeah, the year, so it's pretty nice.
Speaker 8: And to a follow lady, hello.
Speaker 7: Was a woman?
Speaker 6: Go vote for Amanda. That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Vote for Amanda.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 5: Take a look at the Cowboys versus Washington Commanders. You look at the NFC standings, and the Cowboys right now are five games behind.
Speaker 6: The Eagles, who are first.
Speaker 5: Then you look at second sitting at seven to four, seven and four as the Washington Commander. So the Cowboys are now three games behind the Washington Commanders. Let's start with what a win I mean. You look at the Cowboys record three and seven. Would a win right now mean anything?
Speaker 6: This is just a question, okay, but what it mean for the Cowboys a.
Speaker 7: Win considering because they considering what they would have to do to win, a win would actually mean a lot right now. It would mean that the players still have a high enough morale to actually go out there and try. Because while the Commanders, they're not perfect by any means, but they have done some impressive things this season. Like Jayden Daniels has.
Speaker 6: Looked really good.
Speaker 7: It sounds like he's bouncing back from that rib injury.
Speaker 1: So it.
Speaker 7: From what I'm hearing, it sounds like the Commanders are expecting this to be somewhat of a get right game. They're on like a two game losing skid, you know, and they're looking to correct some things against the Cowboys. So if the Dallas Cowboys are able to approach this game with the mindset and the work ethic that's required to go up against a team who feels like pretty much like they should be able to win this game, and that they can use this game to correct some of the things that they haven't been getting right, it would mean that they they've gotten a consistent run game going. It would mean that the defense is stopping the run. It would mean that the defense is figuring out some of the tricks that they try to pull with the offense in terms of how they scheme things in order to make their own run game effective. So we'd see a lot of good things from the Cowboys. I think there are some people out there who who might uh break the Hopium out the ziplock bag if that.
Speaker 6: Were to happen. Sorry, wait what huh? The Hopium the Hopium zip block bag at the zip block bag is in the bag. Yeah, they're gonna take it out.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: I'm picking over.
Speaker 7: I don't know where people keep their hopium, but wherever it is, they they would break it out in saturation.
Speaker 6: Still lost. It's fine, very lost.
Speaker 5: It takes me a minute too.
Speaker 6: Sorry. Sorry, you can explain this to me later.
Speaker 8: Okay, your question was would this wind do anything? Yes, anytime you can be a divisional opponent. I mean it just feels nice. And really, who I feel bad for at this point are the rookies on this team who have to continue to be here after this year, no matter what happens, and not getting to experience, you know, divisional wins or a winning record, because for the past four years that wasn't a problem, and so what would a win do. To be honest, it's really what you need, you don't According to the coaching staff, they haven't lost the locker room. I don't think they have. I think this is a group of guys that, because they are on the Dallas Cowboys, learn to drown out outside noise. That is one of the first things these rookies learn is you cannot listen to it. The veterans preach it, the coaching staff preaches it, so they have their little Dallas Cowboys bubble. For me, I don't really think the bubble has been tainted yet by the disbelief that this team is not a good team. But I do think a win would just be a nice refreshing feeling for these guys at this point, because, let's face it, two, you also don't want to go out and lose division game after division game after division game, seeing that the Giants are in your your future, you're very near future as well. If you lose the Eagles, you lose the Commanders, and potentially, I don't know what could happen on Thanksgiving you lose to the Giants. What does that do? So for me, you need to start that winning streak, especially in your division, because look, playoffs foggy right, looks out of reach, not impossible, not likely. But if you really really want to screw with the Eagles, start winning and mess up there seating you guys like, that's the best thing you can do at this point. So to me, you need to keep the morale boosted because if you lose that locker room, that's when things get ugly. And I don't think they've lost the locker room yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean really, I mean, for me, it's again, I'm I'm we're talking about evaluating moving. I think that Washington offense specifically is they're kind of building a foundation. We can expect to see Jayden Daniels for multiple years, we can expect to see Brian robertson like, we can expect to see Terry McLaurin, like these people. So I'm really looking at evaluating what going head up with them two times a year is gonna feel like. To your point, Jess and I thought you made a really good point, the fact that the Cowboys have been able to dominate in this division for the most part outside of the Eagles, and most of the time they're splitting with that with them for the last three years, I mean, maybe more than that, depending on if you count what's happening with the Giants for the last like forever since that's been in the league. But yeah, it's just it's they have these teams have caught up. Let's put it like that. You know, the rest of the NFC East has caught up with your talent and all those things, and so this to me is gonna be a nice little look see into Okay, this is what the competition is gonna look like every year. This is what and Washington's going to be able to build upon what they have now. You know, Jaye Daniels is going to get better. And I for one, am excited about there being competition in the NFC East now, Like, I don't think it's healthy for you to just have a can unless you do the Patriots back in the day. It doesn't prepare you. No, Like, yeah, I don't think that it's.
Speaker 13: It's to your Yeah, I don't think it's like real. And we talked about that last year with all the blowouts, all the blowouts, all the blowouts, it gives a false sense of security to your team to where they lose that sense of urgency to.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and play, you know, every game like it's a serious deal. So for me, I'm just evaluating these kids, just getting the looks and most of my main kids, but Jadane is a nugget. Valuating this guy really, I am excited to kind of get a look at him playing against the Cowboys. And I will say I think defensively, they are starting to gain some momentum. To your point, I think that they are starting to find some things that work for them as well.
Speaker 5: So it goes towards the culture that dan Quinn has brought over their season three they finished four and thirteen to one, seven to ten. The list goes on till twenty sixteen, that's when they had their last winning record in their regular season. So when you look at what dan Quinn has brought to that organization, and something I'd asked the players is what do y'all feel like he has brought to the organization that he didn't or couldn't bring here. And they did talk about the belief within their defensive guys, but they said that now he's a head coach, so.
Speaker 6: That's a little bit different.
Speaker 5: You're touching so many more guys and that's some word for word. They said, you're touching way more guys and that's a dangerous type of belief you don't want to play against. So, just talking about what you've seen dan Quinn bring to that organization at the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 6: What have y'all seen?
Speaker 7: I mean, just some of the sound that that's coming out of the locker room. Yeah, you can kind of hear it exactly. What what are you about to say?
Speaker 6: My home, because my answer was go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 7: But yeah, a lot of the things that you who heard Dallas Cowboys defensive players say last season, and even like some of them have been saying it this season, you're seeing it from several members of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 7: You can see that he has instilled belief. You can see that they feel connected, that they feel motivated, that they feel like, you know, the previous seasons do not matter. They're there now and they really believe that they're one of the best teams in the league and they're playing like it. So not only has he brought like a feeling of belief, he's actually doing things from you know, a play calling and a personnel standpoint that actually reinforces that. So you can just kind of tell the culture there is very different than what it was before. You can tell from listening to how they talk and even from listening to some of the things that Dan Quinn talks about. Like I was listening to his press conference I can't talk press conference from yesterday, and he was talking about how they do tell the truth mondays and just things like that, and talking about how that helps the players connect to one another and connect with him and how it just instills a sense of trust and helps them all kind of like find their purpose and find like common goals, common purpose and also highlight some of the things that they can do better and improve upon. But instead of feeling like they're being criticized, it's almost like they have this, uh I guess camaraderie based on what they're what they're being honest about. So just I mean, little things like that can make a big difference in how players talk to each other and how they approach the work that they have to do during the week about.
Speaker 5: Like the points tell the truth Monday, we should we should do that on the show.
Speaker 8: Call it something else, but we should do that.
Speaker 5: Talk talk Monday.
Speaker 7: I can we can we do it on Thursdays though, So I'll.
Speaker 5: Talk that talk Thursday.
Speaker 6: That a better ring to it. Actually I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Bett triple T no I lost it.
Speaker 8: So what I think dan Quinn brought with his culture is a team that was already brought together because look at how many guys followed dan Quinn. Here us on this side, we've gotten to experience dan Quinn. And you know the impact that man has when he walks into a room it's very infectious. It's very electric, and even being in his press conferences, it's a different feeling. Even how he went about that. He would start out with a statement, say what he needs to say, and then open up for questions. And the statements that he had were very honest, very open. Wasn't trying to hide anything. It was all out on the table. It was accountable, informative and smart. So for me as a media member last year covering the team, I was like, oh, dang, okay, yeah, this is good, Like it inspires you, or at least I can talk from my own experience, it inspired me to really look into the defensive side of the ball because it was intriguing. Dan Quinn made that side of the ball intriguing. Okay, So I can imagine from a player's perspective hearing how guys him, younger, older guys that have followed him, guys that continued to follow him after they left here. Yeah, it wasn't a shock and free agency at all when we were sitting here saying, oh, another one to Washington, Guess where he's going, because yeah, he has that kind of energy that I think is just rare as a human. But it's even more rare as a coach. It's very magnetic and it draws people in. And how he does it is he takes his work very personal and he treats them almost like his children, to where I think it could be a fault of his sometimes to where it's like too personal, where you kind of saw that getting in the way here. But I think when you're rebuilding a culture like the Commanders did, that's exactly the head coach that.
Speaker 6: You needed to do that.
Speaker 8: And look, I'm happy for Dan Quinn, just not this week. To ask me any other week except to this season. This is one of the two, and it is it could be the week the Cowboys take advantage of knowing how this man operates. To like Mike McCarthy worked hand in hand with Dan. You know what this guy's thinking, you know what his moves are. Take advantage of that, and you know it could work vice versa. But Mike also coached all of the players that followed from here of there as well, So take advantage of it. Pick inside all of their minds, know their tendencies and get that win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I guess I will say that I want to give much respect to dan Quinn as well. I mean what he was able to do here coming from this Cowboys defense in twenty twenty to turn it around, the shift that he made and the way that he you know, like you said, where it was able to galvanize some of these young players, some of these guys, and quite honestly, he revamped guy's careers. Yes, I mean Mallie Cooker coming off of Achilles. If I'm not mistaken, Donovan Wilson at that point hadn't even had opportunity to that point. He believed in George Lewis to be the corner that he needed him to be. He and that defense decided, Hey, Michaeh, let's go play. D n had a shifted the high. Yes, he was good. He was good, and so I wanted to definitely give much respect to him. And I think we use this this term kind of like loosely in the NFL, but he clearly understands how to be a leader and also to how to to lead those young men and to get them to and I don't man whatever, and getting them to believe in what he's he's doing. He practices what he preaches. We see that as well. But to answer your question, what did he do? What did he bring baby draft picks to you? Linebackers? You know what he brought like he washing he went into Yes, they he's play phenomenal this year, by the way, but he's played really good football this year, by the way.
Speaker 8: But he was a girls talk boys talk.
Speaker 6: It was, Yeah, he came to visit, but I will say those are the things he also brought there. And when a team sees new talent, when they see that, you are willing to go spend to bring guys in to set the foundation for that team, which is what they did. Yeah, I mean getting a quarter They have been lacking a quarterback for years. They got one. They're seeing it on display. That's I mean.
Speaker 7: The can you imagine the impact of just being on that team and you have a new coach come in and that many guys follow him, Like I feel like that alone looking like be like, okay, let me sit up straight and listen to this man, because clearly he has something that makes these guys and then like No Bron, I was in Twitter space when No Bron caught that hell made.
Speaker 8: Insane.
Speaker 7: Seriously, anyway, this is a Cowboys podcast.
Speaker 6: Sorry, but yeah, I mean out of the things he brought. I think that he just this is his fresh start. This is a new start.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 6: Good for them.
Speaker 8: Just not that sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good for them and that I know.
Speaker 5: We have a short podcast today, so we'd have to take our second break up. Next, we're going to talk a little bit special teens in John Fossil and the biggest news of the day in Marquise Belly. All right, we'll be back from a reals Talkboys talk.
Speaker 2: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 9: Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys, the perfect matchup on game day Dicky's Barbecue Pit.
Speaker 2: No one out smokes us. Order at Dickey's dot Com for groups called eight six six Barber cuts on the ribs.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi Baby, the yin to thiss Yang Burgers and Pepsi go together. Like, well like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 6: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 4: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: After a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realities, Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at his Cowboys theme cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 5: Give it up for our guys, Santa I real fast. We have four months and then they have to prepare for Mike McCarthy to address the media in about ten minutes. Make sure to stick here on Dallas Cowboys dot com, Twitter and everything, because we'll be sure me alive, all right, real fast. There was some emotions yesterday from Bones John Fossil. Sorry, we're so used to saying bones just with the news of Marquis Spell when he went down with a shoulder injury in week eleven against the Texans. He's going to listen to what he had to say yesterday in the press conference the Harris for Star Telegram.
Speaker 10: Marky Spell, how valuable is he been senior unit, and if you lose him.
Speaker 5: Howeveral goals?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, that one hurts. I mean, he's he's put as good as Special Team's ball through ten games as I can remember. I mean, man, and he just you know, he he got hurt doing what he does best. He's just flying in there, diving and he's gonna be okay. But man, just gosh, spend so much time with these guys in meetings and practice field and the game field and the emotions of you know, untrafted to wanting a little bit more and accepting his role and thriving in his role. Damn that. And I'm hurting for him because he was on he was on a mission. He was as good as we've had in a while.
Speaker 2: So that one hurt.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And that was yesterday's press conference, and then today there were reports from Todd Archer from ESPN. He had said that Marquis Bell will miss the rest of the season with a dislocated left shoulder that may require surgery.
Speaker 6: That was per his sources.
Speaker 5: However, we will not have that confirmed until Mike McCarthy addresses the media at four forty five, So be sure to wait and listen to that to hear confirmation on Marquis Bell.
Speaker 6: But when you talk.
Speaker 5: About Bones and the Special Teams Unit, I mean, what have y'all seen with that whole relationship and how he coaches his guys.
Speaker 7: I mean, yesterday, when that moment happened, just the air felt like got sucked out of the room because you could kind of tell, like, at the beginning of the press conference, there were several people in that room who were just like they're like going through the motions, waiting for a headline, Like people weren't even taking notes. And then when that pause happened, you kind of saw people look up and realize like, oh, this emotion is real, and no onebody wanted to deserve the moment, But all of a sudden, laptops started opening, notebooks started opening, people started getting on their phones. You could tell that that was a moment that actually impacted them, which I feel like is so important because some of the other things that he said, like because the rest of the press conference, there was still some emotion there, and he described Marky Spell as a tough ass kid, and one of the things that he said about his Special Teams Unit, he said, these young men are very human and I feel like the way that he displayed his emotion kind of drove that home. That's something that feels like it's gotten lost this season a little bit, and this was one of the first times that we've seen someone show some real emotion about one of the injuries that's happening. And I felt like that was so important for the people in the room to feel that at that time. And I went back and I watched the broadcast view of when that moment happened, and you saw Marquise go down, and you could tell the way that he was reaching, in the way that he was moving something was terribly wrong. And then the next thing that you see is Mary's lafl and keim On Hall like standing over him, literally pushing guys off of him, away from him, trying to protect their buddy. And I feel like that is the essence of what Fossil was trying to describe to us yesterday when he talked about their toughness and he talked about the fight that they still had despite everything that's happened going on this season, and how much faith he has and then just like it was all summed up in that one moment, and that was heavy. Man. Yeah, I thought I was gonna cry listening to it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, no, prayers up for Marquis spell praying that if he does have to undergo surgery that it goes well. His recovery process is it goes well as well. And yeah, just praying for a speedy recovery for him. But all right, we have to go because Michael Carthy will be talking about five minutes. Nicole had just said, Aisha Morrison just of ours and Jazz Mone.
Speaker 7: We'll work on it.
Speaker 6: We'll see all back here tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Girls Song Boys Stop Presented by a Visi Line.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club