Speaker 1: Hello everybody. Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast, brought to you by League Tycoon, the Dynasty first fantasy football platform. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Scott Bogman and Pat Fitzmorris, and as sometimes by Seth Wilcock. We've got a full show for you here. We are doing a Dynasty super Flex startup draft, a lot of the similar settings that we have usually on these shows. It is super flex. We're not going to be drafting a defense or a kicker. We've got an odd number of bench spots to make it so it's an even number of rounds. I forget the exact number I put, but generally a normal startup draft here, super flex free ride receivers, all that fun stuff. In case you want to kind of follow along as you're doing this. All of our twenty twenty six consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com Slash rankings. You can navigate to the Dynasty rankings from there as well. Before we dive in, I just want to let everybody know that today's live Dynasty super Flex startup mock draft is done using our mock draft lobby over at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard. Just like you'll see today, our multi user drafts allow you to practice quick and fun mock drafts against both real and computer opponents using the same easy to use interface as our draft simulator. Join a public mock draft or create a private one for your friends over at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard. All right, that's enough preamble. It's a start up. We're going to dive right in as I get this thing going here. I think it'll be about a thirty second clock on each pick. Is I believe what I said it for. We are going to take some different approaches here. Since there's four of us, we're going to two to two. Two of us are going to go with sort of the productive struggle, willing to struggle a bit in year one for the long term view. The other two are going to take more of a win now approach. So I believe on the board it is Bogman has the first pick, not overall, but of the four of us. So, Bogman, what's your approach going to be today?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go win now like I typically do, and I'm going to take either Josh Allen or Drake May with that number two pick.
Speaker 1: Picking one oh two. There, Seth, you are picking sixth. What's your approach going to be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Unfortunately, I'm just coming off releasing my top three hundred DEVI rankings, so I'm going to be taking Fits's approach and be a super agent.
Speaker 4: I'm going young.
Speaker 3: I don't care if I win in year one, but really try and take that approach where year two, year three, I'm certainly in the mix.
Speaker 1: Drake May does go one oh one here, a pick that I know Fitz would have been on board with. So Bogman, while you're on the clock here at one o two, I will ask Fitz, what is your approach going to be today?
Speaker 5: I'm playing against type or I'm going to force myself to go with a win now building. It's gonna be fun because it's not how I usually approach startups.
Speaker 1: So I will go with these second productive struggle here is so Seth and myself productive kind of makes sense. We're the younger guys on the show, so we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Bea and the Okay, Bob, you're you're you're closer to fits in age than us, Right, I have to assume yeah, yeah, uh so Bob with you so again, like I said, I'll be uh.
Speaker 1: I'm at the one twelve and the draft going to the productive struggle fits going with the win out one eleven will be interesting to see picking back to back with a different approach there so far, first three picks Drake May, Josh Allen, and Jade Daniels. No huge surprises there, seth at one oh six with the productive struggle. Who are you eyeing and hoping gets back to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be on honest like, I'm thinking about maybe throwing a little wild card at this selection. I want to get that quarterback position really nailed down. So I'm honestly eyeballing Jackson Dart, but I know that you know it's technically a reach at this standpoint. So I think I'm gonna stay packed, and if some of these younger wide receivers like Puoka like JSN can fall down to me, I think that will probably be the move here in the first round for me.
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase going one oh four, Lamar one oh five. Interestingly, Fitz was just telling me that Lamar went one twelve in an actual startup draft he did recently, which makes me extremely jealous, as I have the one twelve here, so I missed that up by about seven spots here. So may Allen Daniels Chase lamar All off the board, seth on the clock and he goes with JSN so for going a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of the move right here.
Speaker 3: I think there's a little bit of a tear break after these first couple younger quarterbacks have gone. I would have loved to get Drake May Jane Daniels if they were maybe in this vicinity. I think I can still get my QB one of the future in another round. So let's go ahead and find arguably who I think is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Always been underrated since his time out there in Columbus, and I think he'll continue to do good things in an offense that.
Speaker 4: Kind of devoid of playmakers.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, Beijon, the first running back off the board goes one oh seven, Pukinakua one o eight. I'm in ros Saint Brown one oh nine. So only four quarterbacks off the board here in the first nine picks. That feels fairly unusual for a super flex draft. I'm surprised to see that Jamiir Gibbs goes one ten. So four of the first ten were we're quarterbacks. That is a very low number in my experience. Fits here on the clock here at one eleven, are you going quarterback? Because so many of them are falling?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm thinking about that.
Speaker 5: I am gonna wait, and I'm gonna take.
Speaker 7: Justin Jefferson first.
Speaker 4: Nice, woh, it's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's gonna be a lot better this year with a quarterback who's not named JJ McCarthy. And it was nice that we just saw Kevin O'Connell completely throw JJ McCarthy under the bus this year and talk about how he expected the offense to get going and Jefferson to get untracked with good quarterbacking this year.
Speaker 1: Or so at one twelve, I was planning on not taking two quarterbacks, mate, like at least was only gonna take one, But so many of them fell that I feel like, even that I'm leaning into the productive struggle, two quarterbacks who are not that old are still going to be kind of fit any strategy you want here. So I'm just gonna go back to back Burrow and Caleb and just be very happy with my quarterbacks you're going forward. I don't usually do two. If I'm picking towards the end, it's usually one in one. Herbert was the other guy I considered, who just goes to you fits here. I was going to pick two of those three with them all getting there, and I ended up going with Burrow and Caleb, just the higher rank of the two. I do love Herbert as well, but kind of an easy when that level of quarterbacks are getting back to you in a super flex. I don't feel bad about it at all. Fits. Were you hoping Herbert was one who would get back to you? Or were you eyeing Burrow or Caleb?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I didn't care.
Speaker 5: I would have ranked them Caleb, Herbert, Spurrow, but I was taking whichever one of those three fell. I feel like when you're on an end like this, you kind of have to knock out one of the quarterbacks at the start of a superflex.
Speaker 1: Well, Chewbacca disagrees. He started with the one to ten and he goes Jumior, Gibbs and Seed Lamb, So he's not taking a quarterback with one of these at the back end here. Yeah, I adore Herbert. You know that, you know very well. I talk about him a lot, so I considered him instead of the Borough pick. I was gonna take Caleb regardless, like I said, I don't usually take Burrow, so kind of mixing it up here. He felt like one twelve was a steal. There two more non quarterbacks going Ashton Genty, Milik Neighbors, so a handful of teams in the back half of the first not going with quarterback Bogwin. What do you think seeing these different approaches so far in the back half of the first I think.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are depending on the quarterback class for next year, a little bit like for maybe one of their long term future quarterbacks. It feels like a lot of people are playing for the productive struggle here, which helps fits and eye for the win now I feel so I'm kind of liking that. I mean, Seth, you're considering taking Dart with that first pick. He's still on the board here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel really good about that. I think that's gonna be the way I go here at the two pH seven. I would love to grab one of these RB ones that have kind of fallen into this tier. Ashton Genty was someone I was kind of hiving in my queue, but ultimately he didn't get to me. Jeremiah Love just a little too much volatility there, I think in year number one with that, you know, overall disappointing Arizona offense we're likely going to see. So yeah, I love getting Jackson Dart, just a young mobile quarterback who I think will fill out the stat sheet very nicely.
Speaker 4: Here in New York.
Speaker 1: A couple more quarterbacks go off the board here, Mahomes and Hurts. So we're back to Bogman, who I started his team with Josh Allen and now has his pick of where everyon wants to go next.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking, Bucks, I'll go Tee Law here, you know, looking at the skilled position players, I like pick Ins, like Bowers. There's two picks in between me. I just hope one of those guys falls back from bunting Ted there. Yeah, he and he took Brock, which is not surprising, But I will take George Pickens here.
Speaker 1: We've seen Bowers go at that end of that two to three turn in a couple of these startup monocks before that. Feels like a really nice place to get quarterback at the top. Then Bowers and then just hammer other positions from there. Oh, I love almost getting back to Seth. Here goes one pick before by the way, pickens a Chan Purdy and love the last four picks while Seth considers his next pick. I want to let everybody know that if you play in a serious dynasty league, you should check out League Tycoon, the official dynasty football sponsor of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Podcast. It's a modern fantasy football platform built specifically for dynasty leagues not redraft. Standard Dynasty leagues on League Tycoon are completely free. League Tycoon has tools for serious dynasty leagues, slow auction drafts with twenty plus players at once, trade auctions, draft lotteries, compensatory picks, and league history import with no ads or sportsbook clutter. And if your league wants to go even deeper, League Tycoon also offers contract dynasty with multi year contracts, extensions, rookie deals, tags, and restricted free agency tenders. Standard Dynasty is free for everyone and for contract dynasty leagues. Use promo code pros to get your first season free. Start your free dynasty league today at League tycoon dot com and for contract dynasty leagues that's promo Code Pros to get your first season free league Tycoon, the official Dynasty Football sponsor of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty podcast. All right, Seth walking me through your pick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for me, I felt like I was kind of at the end of a tier break here. Would have love to get a Chan or Jeremiah Love lockdown that RB one position.
Speaker 4: A Mecca Buka ended up being the pick, though.
Speaker 3: I just want a young wide receiver who might be young in age, but I mean talk about a guy who is well ahead of his years infar as being a pro doing all the right things, whether it's run blocking, whether it's just making sure he's coming down with the catch before he takes off and runs with it.
Speaker 4: So I think a Mecca Abuka, the.
Speaker 3: Clear wide receiver one in Tampa Bay moving forward, feels like a good, you know one b to have on my team right behind JSN there at the wide receiver position.
Speaker 1: I was hoping Loveland was gonna get to me. He goes one pick before fits Fits. Were you gonna take Loveland because I know you like him lot too, or were you going to go quarterback?
Speaker 5: Regardless, I probably would have taken Love London come back with a quarterback.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm on the clock here. I forgot we had short clocks here. I will take cardinal tape because I'm leaning into the production struggle here. Talented young player, obviously little you know, have a youth on my side, you know. McBride is somebody would consider if I was taking a different approach. He feels like more of a win now player, not that he's old, but obviously coming off the great year. Looking at who else I want, there's there's a lot of age available here, actually.
Speaker 2: Him and hauling worm.
Speaker 1: Well seconds, I'll go with lad McConkey here. You know, thirty year player. I think I think the first year is closer to his reality than the second year was. I'm really excited about what he's going to look like in a Mike McDaniel offense. Uh And since I didn't take any receivers with my first two picks, I'm happy to get a couple here, considering this is a three receiver league. Fits on the clock now, I'll let I'll let you think about this unless you already know who you're taking.
Speaker 5: Not sure I'm about to grab someone. I'm actually gonna take Trey McBride not normally, but yeah, I uh, early fourth, I think there's decent value there. I know he's gonna fall off this here, but it's not gonna be a total collapse. I still think he's gonna be good for about eighty catches.
Speaker 1: I was surprised fits that you took love with the first of your picks rather than the second of your picks, considering I already had two quarterbacks, probably taking a third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just looked at that too late.
Speaker 2: I did not, and I did the same thing with Bowers. I probably should have gone Bowers instead of Tea Law and then sawt te Law fell back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's why it's a mock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also mack with thirty seconds, so unlike most startup for you have a bit more time here.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Plus we're trying to you know, chat about this as well. So uh yeah, McBride, Dak Prescott, go's next, James Cook, Chris Olave, aj Brown bringing us back to Seth who started with JSN, Jackson Dart and ameca Igbuca. So two receivers and quarterback. What are you thinking now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think my decision has been pretty made for me. Where we are in the tight end land, I gotta go with my guy, Tyler Warren. Former Penn State Nitneelyon. I think we really just saw like the tip of the iceberg for Tyler Warren. I mean we were talking probably halfway through the season a year ago where he was a top three tight end. Obviously fell off when old man Philip Rivers was there at the Helm, But I think if we can figure out that quarterbabback position in the next couple of years in Indianapolis, He's a long term dynasty asset that I want to have, and I really feel good about kind of locking up that position long term.
Speaker 1: Garrett Wilson, Kenneth Walker, Breese Hall the next picks off the board, and then Bogman takes burd In. I know Fitz was hoping Burden would get back to his next pick with how hi he has him ranked. Was that an easy pick for you, bog Man or was anybody else you were considering?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I wanted Tyler Warren so upset that Tyler Warren went, But Luther Burton is a nice Constellation prize here, and then I'm I need a running back now, so I'm my next pick is definitely gonna be an RB.
Speaker 1: Mendoza goes next Fits. What do you think about Mendoz as a fourth round pick in a startup?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's a good spot for him.
Speaker 5: And I'm trying to think of where he went in our most recent the startup I'm in the middle of now. He might have gone a little bit later than that, but I think it's solid. I mean, I think he's gonna be no worse than a league average starter, so fine value Tyson.
Speaker 1: Then Treyvon Henderson goes next to Bogwin's two picks. I'm sure two Fits would have loved Burden and Henderson. Two of his favorites, DeVante Smith and s A. Flowers go off the board next kind of four picks in you ignore the first part of round five because not everybody's made a pick yet, But as far as the first four sort of foundational pieces, do you guys have a team start that you like the best? You know, it could be yours, it could be someone else's, one of ours, one of the you know the listeners are drafting against, they stand out to any of you, guys.
Speaker 5: Bunting's off to a pretty good start with a builts for youth but man, I mean Drake may Brock, Powers, Teterow, McMillan, like that is a dream one two three starts for a dynasty team, I think.
Speaker 1: And pairs Bowers with his quarterback of the future in Mendoz, right right, Yeah, I like that for sure. That's a good productive struggle that might not even be that much of a struggle, right right. You also have this elite quarterback in tight end combo.
Speaker 5: Even a side of the youth that's a winning year two team. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was considering Judkins here Seth with my next pick, So I think that's a nice one. You just made it five oh six? Was he you know you? Was it that you wanted to go and getting a running back with this pick regardless or was he just your favorite player on the board at any position?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of the wide receivers that kind of went early in this round, Devon to Smith, Jordan Tyson that kind of fit this productive struggle type of mode.
Speaker 4: They end up going off the board. I did need a running back.
Speaker 3: There are a couple of younger ones from that same twenty twenty five class I was eyeing. I think Judkins though in for a big year under a guy in Todd Munkin who he didn't mind running Derek Henry in the ground last couple years. I think we get the same type production from Judkins up there along the shores of the lake Erie.
Speaker 1: I was hoping for Roemadoonsa. He goes to the five h nine, nice pick by sling shot here Rashid Rice, Chase Brown, T Higgins also off the board, fits on the clock.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, all right, I'm gonna take Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 5: I think he's gonna have a good year still. Like now, he's kind of squarely in his prime. I just think he's a guy who can produce kind of no matter what the role is. We saw him like succeed as a short area receiver early in his career. We saw him exceed succeed as sort of a designated lidlifter in his next couple of years. And I'm excited to see what it's gonna look like in Denver.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Marvin Harrison Junior, leading into the struggle part of productive struggle, but hopefully buying on upside here and bounce back. Now that Kyler Murray is not the permanent quarterback and the I'm gonna take Tucker Kraft, who obviously like had this breakout season last year that got cut short by injury. So if he comes back slower from the injury, that won't bother me as somebody who's willing to kind of play for a year or two here. But the talent is great, and he was barreling towards a Tier one tight end in Dynasty if he had kind of finished the season the way he started when he was healthy. So I'm betting on the talent here and the offense in general in Green Bay, and I didn't have a tight end yet, and I wanted to get a good one who was still young. He's only twenty five. So Harrison and Kraft my two picks here fits you were on the clock with the six h two, and take Bucky Irving.
Speaker 7: I think he's gonna have a good year.
Speaker 5: I don't think Kenny Gainwell is going to take away significant work from him. I mean, Bucky averaged better than twenty touches a game last year in a bad year, and I think he's going to be more like the Buckie we saw down the stretch in his rookie season. And I just even though I'm supposed to be the win now guy in this draft. I just couldn't take Christian McCaffery or sick one barklay an old running back at the top of round six. I just I want to win now, but I also don't want to totally punt away future chances of winning.
Speaker 1: So if it's not quite able to go fully against type here, I know, I know I'll fix Jared goffkambere Baker Mayfield three of the next four picks. Brian Thomas Junior just like an interesting a player to try to evaluate in Dynasty, like epic Year one, really terrible Year two. A lot of mouths to feed there sets before we get to the guy that you actually did pick. What do you think about Bryan Thomas Junior in the sixth round.
Speaker 4: I'm completely okay with it.
Speaker 3: It does feel like, you know, you're kind of opening one of those wonderballs from back in the nineties where you're not really sure what you're exactly gonna get. But it could be something sweet, could be something not so sweet. But obviously the talent is on display. We saw it in Year one, we saw it there at LSU as well, But really where he fits in this offense. I think it's the biggest question. Will he be traded at maybe after this year. I'm not so sure. Jacobe Meers certainly kind of reinvented that passing game when he got there, so kind of a mixed bag of worms. But don't hate the move there from Foxworth at all.
Speaker 1: Mixed bag of what now?
Speaker 4: Mixed bag of worms? I guess it would.
Speaker 1: I hear worm and I proke up. So walk me through your actual pick you did make. Jamison Williams, Yeah, I mean, guy who's still twenty five.
Speaker 3: I need another wide receiver, I think in a three wide receiver league, I want to lean into the boom bust nature that is James and Williams a little bit.
Speaker 4: I trust him a little bit more from an injury.
Speaker 3: Perspective than someone like Christian Watson, who was also in that same tier in my dynasty rankings, but a guy who for all the him and hang we did a year ago, still finished as a wide receiver one in PPR scoring. So happy to get him here. I think it's a big year for Jared goffin company. They did a lot last year, right despite not having an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: So Bogman I see. You know, Christian McCaffrey and Terry McLaurin, your two picks, obviously guys who are on the older end. I assume CMC was a pretty easy pick, since you're doing a win now approach here.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Dude, when FITZI skipped both of those rbs and said he didn't want him, I was like, I'm about to take him both back to back here if they falled me. So Saquon went ahead of me, but CMC falling to my pick. I think it's just, you know, to balance a younger guy like Treveon Henderson who obviously has longer upside dynasty, even if you are going with when now, you want to get these guys that have length in their career in a long runway.
Speaker 4: He has that.
Speaker 2: I think Christian McAffrey is one of the perfect running backs to pair with him for this season and maybe one or two more seasons after this. And McLaurin, Yeah, McLaurin is just he's my third wide receiver right. Luther Burden is stepping into a big role. But I have some floor now with Terry McLaurin, and it makes me a little more free for that flex spot. I can get an RB or a wide receiver because I have high floor from Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: A couple of tight ends go back to back after that, Harold Fannin and Sam Laporta, then Tyler Schuck and then Seth. You take a second young running back camp Scataboo.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was actually thinking about taking Scataboo all the way up at the five o eight. So the fact that he fell here in the seventh round, I think the one thing that a lot of people miss in this guy's profile coming out of college. He's a really good pass catcher, right, so he's gonna give me some PPR upside that I'm not really getting with Judkins as much. Who's just kind of a ground and pound you're hoping for six type of guy.
Speaker 2: And we talked to Deepak, and Deepak spoke about because I asked about maybe the smaller guys are more prone to injury, and he said the data does not show that. So, uh, you know, even for a smaller guy, the window should be pretty long, even coming off a big injury.
Speaker 1: Yep, Jacobs goes one spot ahead of Fits.
Speaker 7: And I got sniped on him.
Speaker 5: I was fully intending to take him so, uh.
Speaker 1: There's another older running back right there who scores like fourteen touchdowns a season, and that's good. Yeah, you know, it's a little bit it's a little.
Speaker 7: Bit early for him, even in a startup.
Speaker 5: I think I got him in the I actually did take him in the start up I'm doing now and got him in like the ninth. This is the late eighth or late seventh.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's a little bit early, but I got to be true to the wind now motif.
Speaker 2: Well, and also if you have an injury, you know risk in Bucky Derrick, Henry is a machine in a freak Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I take Juderian Price again, kind of highlighting the differencestween win now and play for the future Henry and Price. Oh, I disagree. I think it wanted to be really good. That's okay, that's I was like surprising you're saying that, and then I'm going to do It's kind of an interesting thing since I'm not going for the win now, I'm going to take a third quarterback. I think as part of as part of the productive struggle, I want to take the upside swing and say I'm still building what my team is going to be for the future, and if Willis does turn into like this top twelve quarterback because of the running, now that's a really valuable piece a because I have three really good quarterbacks, or be an excellent trade piece as I try to fill holes on my team. So I went with Willis here, leaning in again to the youth and uncertainty as part of the productive struggle. And then fits you go with Parker Washington from Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: A guy like for now and for the future, and I only had two wide receivers. I don't want to let that position get away from me, so grab him, and I think the future is pretty bright for him.
Speaker 1: Mike Evan goes next, obviously a guy who you want to kind of pair an older team, and Chewbacca has Jared Goff, Dak Prescott, Josh Jacobs, so he is leaning into winning right now with his squad for sure. Ricky Piersal next, who I did. If I didn't take Willis, I was going to take Pearsall with my last pick, so I was definitely strongly eyeing him. Kyler Murray and Sam Darnold go next, bringing us to Seth with the eighth seven. While he's making that pick, today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet sportsbook. If you haven't tried out hard Rock Bet yet, there's no better time to get in the game than right now. We talk a lot about football here, but right now it's all about the other football. We're down to the final in the world's biggest soccer tournament. Just a handful of matches remained before a champion his crown, and then that's it. You'll have to wait four more years for soccer's biggest stage to return, so don't spend the next four years wishing you were part of history. Hard Rock Bet is a top rated sportsbook app built to Viva la copa and they've got some of the best soccer promos out there. Check out No Goals, No Problem. If you bet on a team to win in regulation in the match ends scoreless after ninety minutes plus stoppage time, you'll get a bonus bet back up to two hundred and fifty dollars. So when the goals go missing, your bet doesn't. Then they're super sub One of my favorite promos for player props, the player you bet on is subbed off. You still win if the replacement fulfills the bet, same odds, same payout, and the promos keep coming every match day. You can choose your own offer, a profit boost to juice your winnings, or a no sweat bet for a little extra security. So if you're ready to try your first bet on hard Rock Bet today, sign up and you can score one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Just place the five dollars bet and if it wins, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Hard Rock Bet is Florida's only legal sportsbook, but you don't have to be in Florida to join this summer party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. Download the hard Rock Bet app today and don't let the cups biggest games pass you by. Roll with us. Goal with us. Hard Rock Bet payable in bonus bets, not a cash off or offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida. Offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital LLC, and all of the states must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one eight hundred and nine with it in Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia called one eight hundred My reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Okay, a lot of picks in the last you know time, since I was doing that read soth took CJ. Stroud bog when you made back to back picks. Let's talk about your picks bogwin, and then we'll get to Stroud going to Seth when he makes his next pick. So Wydale Robinson and David Montgomery is the direction you went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted the I wanted Javante, I wanted DK and CJ. Stroud were like the three in my queue, and they went in the four fix just in front of me, so brutal, great the CJ. Stroud, I mean it, the it was getting to the point where he had to go soon, Seth, so very smart picked by you, and then DK and Chavante right in front of me. Wandale should provide a lot of floor for PPR and David Montgomery another running back, you know, just in case McCaffrey gets hurt, treyvon Henderson doesn't get the usage. I want to give me a little floor there. So that's where I went with those picks, and you know they don't have to be all upside in a win.
Speaker 1: Now, Seth, you go see J. Stradd and then Kenyon Sadik taking your second tight end obviously a first round pick to the Jets with Stroud. There were four quarterbacks that went in the span of like six or seven picks there, Malik, Willis, Kyler, Murray, sam Arnold Stradd with Stroud the one you wanted or would you have considered one of those other quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: He was like, it's not a sexy pick, but for a guy who's still only twenty four years old, he's in a great system down there in Houston. He has play catcher or pass catchers and playmakers surrounding him.
Speaker 4: I think there's still a lot of upside.
Speaker 3: Is he closer to that, you know, rookie season version than what we've gotten over at the last two I'm not sure anymore. I mean, looking at him and what he did at Ohio State, I thought he was the type of quarterback who was a Sunday type of guy. I think he still has upside, but it definitely just kind of gave me just that security at the quarterback to position while still building that youth on the team.
Speaker 1: Foxworth crushing me with this Kyle mnunguy Pick. I was definitely eyeing him here at the nine to ten turn, although Fits might have taken him before me anyway, but I was. I was hoping for him. Uh, Jayden Higgins goes one pick away from you, Fits, who are you eyeing? And who were you maybe eyeing? That's gone.
Speaker 5: I would have taken Manong guy, and now I'm going to try to take the alternative to Manan guy.
Speaker 7: Ba Korum a.
Speaker 5: Guy who Oh and of course Shbaka is just killing me in this draft. Oh my godness, man.
Speaker 7: Is there a mic in your house? Can you hear that. No, kid, this isn't you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna take the guy I think it's going to be the Panther's lead back by October, Jonathan Brooks, So I feel like there's some win now to it. Obviously he's a younger guy, and obviously the two ACL tears in the same knee makes him risky. But man, yeah, I wanted Monoguy or Korum. That was tough to see those two guys peel off the board like it.
Speaker 7: He split like that.
Speaker 1: I was prepared to take Brooks after Manangay went so that he was frustrate me. You know what, I already have a tight end, but I'm just gonna bet on the upside now hours here to take a second one, which you know, Tucker Craft isn't quite on that level like brock Bowers where it's like it it's not even worth taking a second like he's got some injury stuff. I'm happy to take another who's got some real upside there. I'm more torn on the second pick because again, Manonguy, Korum too, Brooks all like would have been considerations for me, and they're all gone. I guess I will go with I'll take a receiver that I really liked in this year's class. Didn't love the landing spot, but I think he's a good player. And when you're going for this productive struggle, you know approach that we keep repeating, you know, I'm happy to just take a player that I liked and trust the situation might improve by the time I'm ready to compete, and I you know, he's that way to server four. It's not like Omark Cooper needs to be, you know, an elite player for me to succeed. So I'm comfortable with that pick, especially in the tenth round, just a first round receiver. It just always feels like a good bet. In Dynasty, Xavier Worthy goes next to Fits and then Denzel Boston at Chewbacca Fits. What do you think about these three receivers in succession.
Speaker 5: Yeah, going for young guys. I totally think this is where those rookies should go about Boston and Cooper and Worthy. Look, a former first round pick with four to two speed who had a season derailed last year by that dislocated shoulder that didn't cause him to miss that many games, but maybe had him playing at less than one hundred percent. Maybe not allowing him to do some of the things Andy Reid wanted to do with him. So I'm pretty bullish Unworthy because down the stretch in his rookie year with Rashid Rice, we saw him really produce as like a wide receiver one. So I think there's talent there. It's just a matter of what the role is going to be. And you know, for a third year player, you get a pretty long runway.
Speaker 1: Seth I want. I'll let you make your pick. But considering how much of the rookie coverage you did with deebro this spring, I'm curious what you think about Omar Cooper Denzel Boston kind of going in this range.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's the right type of range for them.
Speaker 3: Honestly, where I was pretty jealous that you got Cooper, I didn't need to go back to back jets. But at the same time, I think Cooper was, you know, a little bit raw of a prospect, but still has some dazzling hands. Still went from a guy who could stretch the field early in his career and then showed more of the route running chops in that latter half with Fernando Mendoza under center. I love the worthy pick there from Fits. We talked about him on a Redraft show earlier this week that I still think he has some left. Denzel Boston's fine, Like I'm not as in as everyone else is from a prospecting standpoint. I also think Casey Concepcion does some of the heavy lifting in year one in that monking system. But either way, I was happy or not happy to see any of those guys go, but ended up, you know, taking the flyer here at the ten oh seven on Travis Hunter, a guy who in my mind still has a ton of talent.
Speaker 4: Is it going to work out?
Speaker 3: I have no freaking clue, man, But you know, sometimes you just got a bet on the talent and see what comes through.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, just even just getting questions from Dynasty Manners managers, like on social media or on our YouTube live streams, I feel like the questions about Travis Hunter sort of died down is almost a little like out of sight, out of mind. I like, we're all just kind of like, we don't know what this is, so it's hard to really dive deep into what he is. But I mean, fits in your opinion, like ten oh seven, does that feel right for Travis Hunter, given hype coming in what we've seen. The uncertainty is that you know, too early, too late?
Speaker 7: Just right?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 7: No, it's about right, and it's about where he went in the startup draft. I'm doing right now.
Speaker 5: It's you just hope that at some point the pendulum swings back to him being mostly an offensive player. I just I feel like he's got to play snap shares of at least sixty five percent weekly for him to be some of your comfortable starting in a managed league. Now in best Ball, I feel a little bit better about grabbing him maybe in the eighth or ninth round, but in a managed league where you have to set a starting lineup, you really need to see him go over that sixty percent seventy percent snap threshold. I just don't know, but probably not going to get there this year. Who knows in years beyond this?
Speaker 1: Bogman walking through Matthew Golden and Rico Dowdell as your two picks you just made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Rico Daddle pick was just I really dislike a lot of the running backs left on the board, right, Like Tony Pollard maybe has a year left, and I think his career is probably as a backup next season, so Rico Daddle still has a chance to be a major part of the Steelers run game here. He has familiarity with Mike McCarthy from their days in Dallas, so I like that in his upside, although I do like Jalen Warren a little bit more so, and Matthew Golden is just a pure upside pick as my fifth wide receiver. You know, between him and Jayden Reid was kind of tough, but at this point as a bench wide receiver, give me the upside. That's why I went with Colden.
Speaker 1: Seth. You took Quentin Johnston at the eleven O six to get another receiver into your room. Some of the other names off the board in the last round or so, Jake Ferguson, Zach Scharberne, Cortland, Sutton, Jayden Reid, Bryce Young, Romadre Stevenson, Josh Downs, Michael Pittman. That brings us to that Johnston pick. Seth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for me, I mean, this is a guy who's still twenty four years old.
Speaker 3: It feels like he's been in the league forever because he was an early declare right, and while he might never have hit the ceiling that a lot of US Dynasty managers wanted back when we drafted him a couple of seasons ago. He still has taken major steps forward. I think this new lead offense here in Los Angeles is going to be really good for him. We've seen what Mike McDaniel's done with other, you know, speedy, down field type of wide receivers, So I think youj will fit in nicely here, and it gives me a little bit of upside for those flexes.
Speaker 1: I was gonna take Jonah Coleman. He goes to Slingshot. Who he's doing to me? What Chewbacca is doing to fits Even though he's a couple of picks away, he continues to take players that I was planning on taking. So Coleman goes there, Tony Pollard to Chewbacca fitth you took Jacobe Myers. What are you thinking with that one?
Speaker 5: Just a guy who's going to produce this year, a guy who's good enough to be my wide receiver three in any given week, and you know he doesn't have to be that for me. Pairing him with Parker Washington probably not ideal, but he was just I think like he was going to give me better production than anyone else on the board, with the possible exception of the guy I'm going to take now, just to nail down the wide receiver position a little bit more and kind of played.
Speaker 7: To that win now mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before you took Chris God when I took Romeo Dobbs and Antonio Williams Dobbs, I just am kind of excited about the opportunity, you know, paired with Drake May and seeing what's gonna look it's gonna look like in New England this year. Antonio Williams tons of target opportunity right now. It seems like he's stepping into even as a third round rookie. We'll see if Diggs ends up signing there and then it looks a little bit different, but taking sort of the upside swing with another really good young quarterback, so kind of taking these receivers. So I think are going to have some real opportunity with guys like jayde Daniels and Drake May throwing to them with my back to back picks and I only have the one running back again when you're doing the productive struggle, I don't really care about that because a it'll help me kind of get a higher pick in that first year and be it's sort of the thing that you can draft for the shortest shelf life kind of moving forward. So I'd rather lean into be very heavy on receiver than running back like most would. Fits took Chris Godwin here, Zeth. You took JJ McCarthy, who obviously was one of the more interesting talking points in dynasty leagues for this past season. Where are you at on McCarthy right now? Just evaluating him as not even just as a pick here for your specific team, but as a dynasty asset.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a value dude, if I'm being honest with you, Like, what's telling us that Kyler Murray is the long term answer in Minnesota even for this season? Right There's a guy who usually pretty fraudy by the time we get to the back half the season at once, call of duty comes out, Like, I don't trust Kyler Murray as far as people can throw him, and I can't throw him very far, honestly, So I just think JJ McCarthy he has a rocket arm. It didn't come together last year. It was pretty statistically horrible. I get it, but I still just kind of believe in the talent, and you could be in way worse situations than having koc as your head coach, throwing in Justin Jefferson and Jordan Asen out there.
Speaker 1: There's a joke in there somewhere about being able to throw Kyler Murray given his size relative to out of the NFL quarterbacks. But I'll, you know, stay a buck because you're a gentleman. Yes, I'm classy, bob Bit. You go George Kittle obviously very much a win now player, and then Rashod White as your second pick. Yeah, Rashad White.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of wanted to avoid this Washington situation, but he kept falling and falling and falling. I'm not big on Crosskey merrit. I'm not really big on Rashad White after this season either, but he does have a chance to have a lot of catches here. Obviously, we don't know who this number two option is going to be in Washington, Antonio Williams, maybe maybe Chicken Conquo. Maybe they go and get a free agent like Diggs, But right now it might be Rashad White as your second leading receiver on this team, because he's gonna take all of the passing down work, and I think he's a threat to JCM to take short yardage carries as well, So I think it's.
Speaker 4: A win now move.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Bernard goes to seth So again, kind of leaning into the youth there, getting one of your Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do out here. Continue just to you know, kind of take the same approach as you, like, I'll find running backs later on. Right I'm kind of out of the position where I can really go after some high upside quarterbacks too, so I think just continue to build through that wide receiver position. Jeremy Bernard again, another guy I don't think who has a high high ceiling, but a really productive wide receiver last year for Ty Simpson in that Alabama Crimson tid offense. I think Big Mike McCarthy is really going like what he has out there with him likely running out of the slot here in year one.
Speaker 1: I'm up here with back to back picks. I'm gonna take Nick Singleton like I don't have a second running back right now, just again kind of leaning into I don't really care if he gets tied of work in your one. We're looking forward to hoping he gets that opportunity in your two. You know what, I might just go back to back Penn State here. I'm going to do Singleton and Alan were they were close every rookie Bock draft we did. These guys were back to back, and I'm like, you know what, vise lean into it here again. Not sure what the opportunity is going to be your one some crowded backfields, but just you know, take two swings at this backfield, you know, college backfield rather than one here. So Singleton Allen back to back. It makes me sick to my stomach as a Maryland fan, honestly, but I wanted to get some youth at running back here.
Speaker 4: The dark side.
Speaker 1: Do not feel welcome. Fits your your two picks, Tyron and Tracy and Dalton Kincaid.
Speaker 5: Tyrone Tracy is a little bit of run catch upside, and we don't know if Cameron Scataboo can hold up after what he went through. I mean, that was a pretty serious injury last year. So I think Tracy's gonna be the solid backup there. And then Kinkaid, a guy who's efficiency numbers were through the roof last year. You just hope he gets used more with that lingering. I think I can't remember if it's PCL or MCL. I think PCL injury. Hopefully that allows him he's able to play more snaps than he played last year. And by the way, the startup we're doing now, I also have the Singleton k Tron Allen combolthough they were separated by two rounds in our start Oh really yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting on the rankings they are a little bit more separated like on the Expert Our Expert CONSENUSUS rankings pages. But yeah, those rookie drafts like they were a lot of times pretty close to each other. So bogwhen you go Travis Kelcey with the first of your picks, so you got the veteran tight end room of Kittle and Kelsey and then you're on the clock here with fifteen oh two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like no one on the board that I really like here. I'm gonna just take an upside Sean on Tesla with my second to last pick here.
Speaker 3: Sorry, buddy, I was more upset about the Shadoor pick. Honestly, I was kind of hoping Sanders would roll back to me.
Speaker 1: Where'd you have taken a fourth quarterback? Seth, since you have darts darts.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and again it's kind of like the same situation I feel like with JJ McCarthy, Like, I don't believe Deshaun Watson is going to be the starter for the entire year, right, so I think there is some upside there. With Shador Sanders, I'll just grab one of my other favorite rookies though, instead, in Elijah Sarrant.
Speaker 1: Great pick.
Speaker 4: I considered Serat as well.
Speaker 2: I was between Sara and Tesla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Toad a lot. I think he's getting pretty undervalued and started right now. Honestly, I think getting the slaves is a pretty good pick. Dylan Sampson is a guy that I looked at when I took Singleton and Allen, so he almost gets back to me. I think that's a nice upside play as well. One pick before Seth malchi Field, so we're definitely in kind of the youth take a bit swing range of this draft for sure. Ady Mitchell goes to fox I think Foxworth has made a number of picks that I quite like him. Enstling shot that that kind of one o eight one oh nine range. They've made some picksteeper into this draft. That I've been really did.
Speaker 5: You notice that Foxworth didn't take a quarterback until the eighth round and still came out of it with uh Kyler Murray and Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 4: Could be yeah, not bad.
Speaker 5: I mean that'll have to be addressed eventually, but for now, that's a pretty good setup for.
Speaker 1: This and his receivers and running backs are of course great, and he's got Kyle Pitts who was tied into last year, like, he's probably feeling pretty good right away.
Speaker 5: For the record, hers, Yes, Britney, Brittany Foxworth.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, Brittany. Okay. Chris Ardriguez goes Isaiah Pacheco to you fits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a guy you could play this year like and be potentially really valuable if anything happened to Jamiir Gibbs, but should have some sort of nominal role even while Gibbs is healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Terrence Ferguson here. I know it's my third tight, but I just like he's my favorite upside swing at any position on the board, and when you're leading into this strategy, I'm not really that worried about positions anyway. I just want to kind of get the best base for my team. As possible. I think there's a world where he's a really highly valued dynasty tight end a year from now. So I'll take that final pick. Boy, there's not a ton that I love.
Speaker 4: Barner.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take a fourth tight end, you know. I'm going to take keithon Mitchell, just strictly on his fit dangles offense. Just take a young running back. If I had more time, I might have gotten in a different direction. Clock was going down. I'm trying to host a show. So he's the pick. Oh, fit's really leading into the type here.
Speaker 7: I was going to do it, so smart pick.
Speaker 1: He didn't have a third quarterback, so at least gets you a backup for year one. Exactly, marshn Lloyd. I think that's a nice pick. But Chewbaca in the last round here, Seth. Anybody you're hoping gets to you for this last.
Speaker 3: Pick, only one man the go out there in Vegas wide receiver one the TCU legend. Yeah yeah, I like it, actually, boy, I love that back. You know, I could just like be like firmly landing on my faces here. I haven't ranked inside my top fifty five wide receivers for redraft.
Speaker 4: I just think there's a.
Speaker 3: Chance that that this is koobyaks guy, right, maybe it's not, and maybe it's someone completely different, or maybe there's not even that player on the team. But they could have gone out, they could have got Elijah Surat in in you know, the fourth fifth round of the NFL Draft. They could have got whoever they wanted, But they said, Jack Besh is our guy. We believe in him despite you know, some rumored off the field issues there in year number one.
Speaker 4: So I think I believe in him too right now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, give me give me Jack Besh here, ex wide receiver, maybe the next jsn uh joining a team that already has jsn on it.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I like that pick a lot. I like the way you've ended your team here, Seth Woodie marks Elijah Surat, Jack Besh. I think that's a really nice trio to to when you get this deep into the draft.
Speaker 3: Curious my age on squad because I don't think I had one player and maybe outside of age twenty five, which I appreciate for the productive struggle.
Speaker 1: Bogman goes to the different rams tight end here, Max Claer, do you like Claire better than Ferguson or did you just taken because Ferguson wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ferguson wasn't there, So I'm just taking upside here. Obviously, they ran more thirteen personnel than any other team in the league by a wide margin last year, and he could be he could be part of that moving forward.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a look at some analysis here in our Draft Wizard set up. I am not projected to finish very high, but to be fair, my running backs are pretty terrible, so I'm not surprised by that they are twelfth in this league. That's kind of what I was going into expecting considering the strategy I was taking. And if I'm going to lean into that early struggle, I want to really lean into it. And I think the poor running backs will help me get an early draft pick next year, which I would be excited about. So that's kind of where I stand. I don't I don't like picking late in dynasty startups anyway, and kind of leaning into that youth let us there. Although Fits is one of the experts who likes my draft the best. He gave me a B plus, it says something that he makes my top five and he only gave me an eighty seven. In terms of what the experts thought of the draft. Here Debro one of the people who thumbs down my draft. Andy Bearns in front of the show also not liking mine as well. So some picks there they didn't like, but fits you liked my Carnel Tate, Omar Cooper, and Antonio Williams picks the best.
Speaker 7: Nice. Yeah, those were fine picks.
Speaker 5: And boy, I didn't even like my own draft, which just shows you what happens when I go against type and try to pick a win. Now. I hated my draft. It felt disjointed and yeah, I'm just not used to drafting in that win now. Mode Erickson hated my draft too, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Yeah, I also hated your draft, for whatever it's worth. Yeah, is you know when I'm looking at mine? Fits like picking towards the end, did you feel like it was tough? I mean I felt like we, you and I were getting sniped a lot picking at the end here. And while I was really happy with all the quarterbacks to fall to us in the first you know that one two pick range almost every other turn, and you know later rounds, I felt like, man like I just missed on a couple of guys I wanted. Did you feel like that was happening to you to picking the same range as me?
Speaker 5: Yes, although we were sort of in uh we had different objectives. But it did not help that Chewbacca, sitting at the tenth spot one by me, I mean Chewbacca took the pick I would have taken in round three, round five, round seven, pretty much every odd numbered round let's see nine, Yeah, I would have taken korum.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So like a stretch of four straight odd numbered rounds where Chewbacca snaked me.
Speaker 7: Go back to Kashik.
Speaker 1: Chewbacca, by the way, I should have said, uh Obi Wan Outlaw, Herbs and Cheese were one and two. They were the two teams that were unfortunately autographing. So of course the system likes that, bagman. You were third, though you're the highest of the people actually drafting here. In terms of the sort of projected standings rankings of the teams, Jay fourth, fox Worth fifth, Bunting sixth, fifth, seventh, Chewbacca eighth, myself ninth, moved the chain's tenth sling shot eleventh, and we don't have to read twelfth. It's it's not a big deal. Let's go, Seth, Seth down there, Seth, what do you think about your team looking at it in its totality honestly?
Speaker 3: Like like for productive struggle, I think this is the right approach, and I think you have to be okay with scoring low on the projected standings. Right I knew I wasn't gonna have a typically you know, super strong start here, But looking back at the draft board now I think where I'm like, this is a young squad, right, Like I think Jay s EN's legitimately him or Jamo are my oldest players. Like I locked down the wide receiver position with three young guys. I have a really deep tight end corps as well with Tyler Warren, Kenyan Sindka gave me the second highest wide receiver ranking, which in this productive struggle that's kind of what you want to be in is built through wide receivers. Running backs, I really only have Judkins and Skataboo and then of course picked up Woody Marks later. The quarterback setition doesn't look great outside of Dart with Dart Stroud and of course JJ McCarthy there, but young guns. You know, we're gonna try to figure this thing out and hopefully twenty twenty seven, and that rookie draft treats as swell friends?
Speaker 1: Do you have done something differently?
Speaker 7: Seth?
Speaker 2: Would you have taken specifically that second quarterback a little higher? If we were redoing this, I.
Speaker 3: Was hoping Fernando Mendoza would come back to me around that five, you know, five six mark. That's what I was kind of hoping for. And then he didn't. I said, Okay, my next target's cam Ward. Let me wait a couple of rounds of grab cam Ward, and I just kind of played the board a little bit wrong. So yeah, I would have hopefully landed on one of those two quarterbacks, But there were so many older veterans kind of in that range box that I kind of felt hamstrung a little bit, so I did I'm just waiting too long.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna ask the same thing about like any regrets. The reason I was gonna bring that up is one of the cool tabs you can check out in the Draft Analyzer is pick analysis, and it will show you what your team could have looked like. So, for example, my score would have been forty seven points higher if I had taken Saquon with that first pick in the sixth round instead of Tucker Craft, and then I could have gotten Dalton Kincaid later where I had taken k Tron Allen, so I could have had Saquon and King Kaid as opposed to Craft and Allan. A whole bunch of different examples are showing me on my team. You can check out on the screen and it's showing you for Seth's team, and that shows you kind of what your new roster would look like. Although for me, I would say, honestly, that's not the area that I was looking at most. It's that three four turn where I took Carnell Tait and Ladd McConkie. That's where I would have done it differently if I wasn't trying to commit to this productive struggle that we talked a lot about on the episode, where if I was just kind of going in with no particular strategy and just wanted to see who got to me, I definitely would have looked elsewhere, maybe James Cook to get an early anchor running back. I probably would have taken McBride with one of those two picks. I might have still taken Lad because I like him quite a bit.
Speaker 3: I thought that was Honestly, the strength of your draft was there in three, four and five form.
Speaker 1: I feel like Carnel Tate like.
Speaker 7: A little aggressive.
Speaker 1: There's that that's the way where he's not going to get back to me if I don't take him there. But like I I want to lean into the youth and and the struggle to pick the rookie. Yeah, so so so tit was the interesting one to me where it's like, if that was McBride, I think I would have felt a lot different about my team. Uh, maybe I would have even considered like a Garrett Wilson, a J. Brown if I didn't want to go so far into youth. I like the McConkie pick, but the other one maybe a little differently and uh and yeah, but but it's not that I disliked the team. It's just it was kind of a tough range to go for the approach I wanted. Bagman, I haven't really asked you yet. What do you think about your team? Looking at it in full? Obviously you're ranked pretty highly here. Any changes you would have made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think the biggest one is probably that second pick. Right took te Law. I probably should have taken Rock Powers and just saw if te law fell back to me, right, uh, I think, But I do think getting the quarterbacks bang bang one first and second round is what makes my team one of the higher ranked ones here because I didn't even take a third right, so I'm not getting like extra bench bonus points or anything for having a third QB. So having those two is the backbone of my team. I think, you know, the mix of wide receivers with a little bit of youth in pickins and burden with some of the older guys, I think is fine. Same thing with the running backs and the tight ends. The tight ends are okay, right, Like I got one for my dart throw. Both my others might retire after the season, definitely retiring after the season. Kittle might retire after this season. But I do have tight ends that can help me win this year for sure. So overall fine for what the strategy was not my favorite draft that I've ever done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Bogman, I think taking Bowers in around two and then like even if Trevor goes before your next pick, like you still have Purdy or Nicks or Love, like there were other quarterback options that like the gap between Lawrence and them. Maybe isn't as wise as the gap between Bowers and like you knew Loveland, McBride Warnworth getting back to you. So if you didn't, if you missed on Bowers, you knew that your tight end was going to be like at least a tier worse, if not multiple tiers.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 1: I would just say, you know, with like only a couple of picks between your your picks only a couple of slots, maybe feel a little differently. I mean that's me with like picking at the end, I'm like, I can't get out of that turn obviously with that at least one And like I said, I prefer too, you know though I didn't expect to with the strategy. I was taken here. Anybody else, oh diddy, anybody else's team that you guys are looking at that stands out as you thought they did a really nice job here. I already talked up Foxworth end sling shot. I thought we're both did a very nice job in that eight to nine range. And anybody else stand out to you? I thought Bunting had a really excellent start to his draft as well. Fits anybody stand out to you?
Speaker 5: I mean I got a handed to Chewbacca for snaking me repeatedly. And that's the thing, like, when you're in a win now draft construction, you should come out of the draft feeling like you're one of the two or three clear favorites in the field.
Speaker 7: Not only do I not feel that way about my.
Speaker 5: Team, but then I just didn't get obviously my share of the twenty five and under talent that you want coming out of a startup draft.
Speaker 7: So I think.
Speaker 5: Chewbaca actually probably did a better job on both fronts. I think like that's a better team right now and probably has a few more Like at the end, he kind of stocked up on some good players, plus got Colston Loveland in the third round. Yeah, I just feel like Chewback had a better draft than I did doing the same sort of strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, move the Chains had an interesting draft all running backs and receivers to start. Still came away with Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold at quarterback and Isaiah Likely and Brenton Strange at tight end. And we didn't really mention Jay's name. I do quite like the start to see Lamar Drake, London, Jeremiah Love, Garrett Wilson, McKay Lemon, Kyron Williams, and then if Tyler Shuck takes any of a step forward, then you still have the upside of Jordan Addison, Jake Ferguson's not a bad tight end. When you're waiting till round ten, you know some upside. Late with Dylan Samson, Trey Harris, I really liked Jay's team, and we didn't really talk about it during the episodes, so I wanted to highlight that as well. Bob and anybody stand out to you that you particularly liked besides us.
Speaker 7: I'm with FITZI.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Chewbacca probably did the best job of anybody here. Just a holy complete team top the bottom. The only pick I didn't like was Marshan Lloyd and that was his last pick, so you know, great great draft by him. I was looking and move the chains. The quarterbacks scared me a little bit. Donald and Baker are a little make me a little leery, But I Jay, I think did a decent job as well. Like you said, if Tyler Shuck, you know, it's that second quarterback spot that's really risky. It's Tyler Shucker or Michael Pennix. But everything else I feel like I sawid all the way through.
Speaker 1: I was reading somebody else's team when you were talking, so I might have misheard you. Did you say Marshawn Lynch or did you actually say Marshawan Lloyd said Lloyd. Okay, Then I mishard you because at first I was like, yeah, that would be a bad pick if he took more, probably a bad pick, vibes pick. It's the very worst seth What about you who stands out?
Speaker 4: I think Bunting honestly did a pretty nice job, right.
Speaker 3: I love the drake may call at the one oh one coming back and then getting another young quarterback in Fernando, Like that's how you do it.
Speaker 4: They're building for the long term. You go get that wide.
Speaker 3: Receiver one and Tederue McMillan, a super young guy as well, offensive rookie of the Year in twenty twenty five. Then you know, of course he grabbed uh that brock Bauers pick right ahead of Bogs. He knew where Bogs was going.
Speaker 4: And then still.
Speaker 3: Continue to get more and more youth wide receivers Jordan Tye and Casey concepts. You on come on down and like to wait all the way for the sixth round to grab a running back and still come out with Travis etn or eight chan however you want to freaking pronounce it these days, I'm one hundred percent in with it, So bunting.
Speaker 4: I love that strategy, and like shout out to Brittany too.
Speaker 3: I think Foxworth did a really nice job in this just waiting for the draft to come to her, making sure that she didn't go reach for a quarterback. And obviously she often make sure she's diving into that twenty twenty seven well of all those elite quarterbacks coming in to the NFL next year. But if she can play her cards right and we were actually playing this out, I like that strategy and just you know, hope and pray that you know these quarterbacks actually hit next to your bogs, we'll see this is a It is a really good strategy. If the QBS work out. I think Kyler Murray might. I'm a little more in on Kyler Murray than you are, not a ton And we know Matthew Stafford like, if it's one more year, great, if it's two more years great, it's not anything beyond that. So really got a chance to win this year if Kyler Murray clicks.
Speaker 1: There might be like technically better value picks somewhere on this board. I haven't said sat down and looked at literally all of them. I do think my favorite, just in a vacuum you're telling me you got this guy in this round pick is actually Bowers in round three. I think there's a chance that around Bowers is like a no doubt first round player, even a non tight end premium. I think like he could maybe be the tight end version of what JSN was last year for Clint Kubiak. Now if he gets any kind of quarterback play, whether that's Mendoza or Cousins, Like I think Bowers, even early, like he was, what the twenty fifth pick here, that's still pretty early. I think even as early as he was, he might make this look foolish how long he lasted this time next year.
Speaker 5: He went nineteenth overall in the startup I'm doing right now, and I thought that was really good value.
Speaker 7: Twenty fifth is crazy.
Speaker 1: I agree that looks really excellent here. All right, I'll go around the horn for any just kind of final thoughts about the exercise before you get out. If you're a seth, I'll start with you. Any kind of final wrap up thoughts, any takeaways you have from the experience. What are you thinking here at the end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think when it comes to leaning into the use side of dynasty startups, like, don't be afraid to project out a little bit, right, That's kind of what you're gonna have to do. You're gonna have to take some upside swings, and it's gonna be uncomfortable at times. You're gonna put yourself in a hole potentially at different positions.
Speaker 4: You saw it here.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the quarterback too I wanted because I was targeting those young guys. I didn't get the RB three I was looking for either, But just being comfortable with being uncomfortable would be my biggest takeaway here, specifically when kind of leaning into that youthful.
Speaker 4: Build worm Bogman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this was a fun draft. I think everybody did a pretty solid job through and through here. Even the auto drafters had pretty good teams here. I will say I think probably a little more urgency on quarterbacks in a non mock in a real draft, but this was everyone did a really good job here, and these teams are pretty evenly split up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no real bad teams. I would say there was there wasn't anybody that, Like my eyebrows kept raising, like what is this person thinking? Fits final thoughts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not cut out to be a win now drafter in Dynasty.
Speaker 5: So if it's even if I get to be ninety eight and do a startup at age ninety eight, I'm gonna draft it like I'm gonna live to be one hundred and seven.
Speaker 1: So I love it, respect it. It's what I typically do too. I don't feel like I did a very good job of it in this particular draft, but normally I'm aligned with Fits on that, and I did. I get uncomfortable. I don't like the pressure of if man, if I don't win in the first two years, then I've like really set myself back, and I know nobody quite leaned so far into it to go that direction. I'm even like, obviously Bogwin like Alan will be good for a number of years, Ward's be good for number You have Luther, Burd and Shade, then Henderson. Even though you're win now, you have some youth, So it's not like the insane amount of pressure. But I just I get uneasy when it's when I kind of put that pressure on the wind now, So I've totally with you there. Fits. Yeah, I often will have an approach of I want to lean into the good offensive environments and quarterbacks and play callers. I trust I didn't quite do as good a job of that in this particular round. I started off with you know, Cincia in Chicago, that's pretty good, but like Tennessee, Arizona, you know, Seattle without Clint Kobiak Miami. So I didn't totally do that the way I normally do.
Speaker 2: What the good news is if you're in productive struggle, those coaches can easily change yeah real fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like Omar Cooper on the Jets, right like, hopefully that's a different looking offensive environment year from now, and he has our fanning throwing to him, and you know Davis Webb is his head coach or something. So yeah, but it's it's something I usually keep in mind, and I didn't do as much of this time. But that was an interesting takeaway. So think we'll go ahead and wrap things up there right about an hour. I really appreciate all the listeners who participated in this draft. We started a little bit late, so I apologize to the guys who signed up and then had to auto draft. That's our fault. We started a little late, so don't go knock them and discord. They usually do a great job with us. But thank you everybody for signing up to participate and being a part of today's episode. Thank you of course to Fitz, Bogman and Seth and just you know we're happy to have you. Well, we'll see again next time, and good luck because we are kind of in the season of startup drafts might actually be happening for real for you now, so hopefully this helped. And good luck in any you have. We'll see you next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.