Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, It's extremely rare in the dating world, and normally only the best of the best can pull this off. I'm talking about the elusive insta date where you meet someone out and then immediately turned that into a date night without even handing them your credit card. Very rare, and apparently that happened for one of our listeners, Derek, where just like Rumpelstiltskin, he took a piece of straw and spun it into date night gold Rumple Derek Skin, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 3: Sorry, nobody, nobody ever does again.
Speaker 4: It's hard to not picture you with like spindly fingers, and.
Speaker 2: It's what I'm going to take the blame on that, Derek.
Speaker 1: That was my bad. From now, we'll just call you Derek. Okay.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate periods where you met this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us about first. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Emmy, okay, And I met her at this pretty popular steakhouse. I mean and when I said popular, it's really hard to get a table.
Speaker 5: Wait, how do you meet someone at a steakhouse?
Speaker 4: Like, whenever you go to a steakhouse, you're with someone already, whether it be a friend, like, it's not a meeting place.
Speaker 5: How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Fair enough? I met her in the bar area, specifically.
Speaker 4: Bar.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's like the people who are waiting hoping to get a table.
Speaker 5: Or there's somebody traveling for work.
Speaker 2: You know, all this money and all I want is just a full yeah pickens, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: How did it go with emmy?
Speaker 3: I saw that she was by herself, and I approached her, and I was trying to talk to her, trying to spit some game. And notice she kept on looking at her phone.
Speaker 5: So your game wasn't being very famous gaming? The game wasn't gaming?
Speaker 3: Well, I said, are you waiting on? I got to meet you? And she goes, no, I'm waiting for my friend.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you always have the one friend that's chronically late, Lily, if you're listening to this show right now, okay.
Speaker 1: She said she was waiting for a friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then and her friend wasn't just late, and her friend is a nurse and she got called in for a ship.
Speaker 5: Friend hurts worse, she went to the hospital to work.
Speaker 1: She could have not gone to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Are people are gonna start saving themselves if they our friendship.
Speaker 4: Always honestly, it feels like the universe is giving you this opportunity then, right, is that how you saw it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And I was like, well, how about you and me have dinner? Then?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's pretty smooth. What did she say?
Speaker 3: Games back on and she was hesitant, and she sorry, I don't know you, and I was like, you do. We've talked almost four minutes. I'm practically your brother.
Speaker 2: Still I would have worked on someone like Brook, but.
Speaker 5: I actually didn't see anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's kind of funny, flirtatious. How did she react to that?
Speaker 3: She laughed good, Yeah, she laughed.
Speaker 4: Well, and she's in such a position she can't say, oh, I'm sorry, he already had players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: To give you the whole story here. She laughs, and then she says, all right, we can eat, but let me get the table.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys got a table at the bar. That's a good.
Speaker 3: Sign, That's what I'm thinking. And I didn't understand why, but I was like, okay, sure, And they came back and gave us this incredible table, like right in the center of the.
Speaker 4: Restaurant steakhouse royalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Two Queen of the months.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the wait there's more cocktails already there at the table. The waiters like, hey, drinks are compliments of the house. And I was like, who are you? How did you do this? You never been in table here, let alone free drinks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did she have an explanation?
Speaker 3: She shucks, and I quote, it's just pretty privilege, pretty pretty privilege, Brook.
Speaker 1: Does that happen to you all the time when you go to the steakhouse? Was like, pop by the sailor man right now?
Speaker 4: Honestly, never happened to be the only time happens is if with him with a friend.
Speaker 5: Who like works in the industry, or are here with all girls, not with a guy. Why do they care if you're already on a date?
Speaker 1: That makes sense? Why She was like, hold on, let me do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so maybe they didn't know you're the guy. You're not getting free stuff. They dragged it down. Don't go to Vegas with men. Yeah, but it's not Vegas.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: That must have made you feel kind of good, right, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without question. I mean, I look, I was on cloud nine already when she said, yes, I will have dinner.
Speaker 4: With Yeah, so beautiful was the rest of the night just as magical.
Speaker 3: Well, we talked for about an hour, had some excellent food, and then she said she had to go, and uh, we hugged and said, you know, we should meet up again. And that's why I'm that's why I'm calling you guys. I know, maybe shouldn't see it as romantic.
Speaker 2: I mean I realized that I was going to ask, was there any like romance that happened during dinner or did it feel more like a friendly just casual.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, like it's one of those things where it's like, am I telling myself that there was some eye contact and some flirting and what have you? Up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew that a lot. I'm like, dude, this girl she's so into me.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean, look, clearly I wanted to move to that area of romance. But it's been about two weeks and I haven't been able to reach her at ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you have you have like texted?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she did tell me she travels a lot, so maybe that's part of what's going on.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a woman that's in high demand. Yeah, you know what I mean, she's pretty successful. I hope, she answers our call me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, we're gonna give you some pretty privilege here, Derek. We're gonna come back and do a second date update just for you, free of charge.
Speaker 1: Is how does that feel, Bud?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it with your second date update. Right after this hold.
Speaker 2: On Second Date Update, our listener Derek met a beautiful woman at a steakhouse bar. Her friend was called into work that night so couldn't make it, and that's when Derek, like a gentleman, offered to eat dinner with her.
Speaker 5: Oh this is gentleman music, I think. Yeah, yeah first yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So they ended up getting one of the best tables in the house with complimentary drinks ready for them.
Speaker 1: The reason why.
Speaker 2: Derek wasn't around when she approached the manager asking for a spot in the restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when he asked, how did you pull this off, she replied with two words. Pretty privilege, which power. If you don't know what that is, it's basically where beautiful people in society get extra benefits that none of us Ugos could possibly dream of getting gifted to us.
Speaker 1: And someone in this room has pretty privileged as well.
Speaker 2: Jeff Well, I wasn't really thinking to me, like, Alexis, what's the coolest, pretty privileged thing that's happened to you ever?
Speaker 6: Oh in Vegas, I said, they get that.
Speaker 5: Every woman gets that. That doesn't count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that when I go with my girlfriends even now, you know.
Speaker 5: Being used loosely right now.
Speaker 2: Either way, Derek was impressed with what happened that night, and not only does he want more of that action, he really liked this girl Emmy that he met, So we're hoping to hook him up with him one more time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I feel like the universe was trying to hook you guys up.
Speaker 5: Derek. We got to help the universe out here.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to say to the universe, Derek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you Universe thus far. Please keep it going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go, There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's put a call out into the universe and see if Emmy picks up.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pray for the best for doing it.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, we're looking for Emmy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're a.
Speaker 2: Radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Is this Emmy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But why are you calling me?
Speaker 3: Are you in a quail Sanctuary.
Speaker 1: There's some beautiful noises happening where we were.
Speaker 3: I actually had birds.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, So I don't want to waste any of your time here.
Speaker 2: We're calling you because we do a segment on our show called Second Date Update, and one of our listeners has asked us to reach out to you because you two had dinner the other night and had a really good time together.
Speaker 5: He it was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was a while ago. He's hoping to see you again.
Speaker 1: His name is Derek.
Speaker 6: Oh uh, yeah, I remember him.
Speaker 1: Okay, we good.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean it's crazy because it's not like you guys planned to be on a date. No.
Speaker 6: Actually, my friend had canceled for dinner, so.
Speaker 2: That we heard a little bit about the story of how you two met and you got a great table in the restaurant. We were wondering if you had any interest in maybe seeing Derek again.
Speaker 6: Probably not, if I'm on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, honesty is good.
Speaker 2: We're trying to figure out is there a reason why, because he did tell us a little bit about what happened, and you know, he told us that you asked to get the tape.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, he couldn't get the table only I could.
Speaker 5: Okay, why.
Speaker 6: It's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Well, did he do anything wrong that night or say something?
Speaker 6: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 4: Are you in a relationship because we actually didn't cover that, you know, and like, I don't know if he asked you.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's I don't have a boyfriend, but it's just my lifestyle. I just don't think he would understand lifestyle.
Speaker 5: What's your lifestyle? Are you famous? I've been dying to know you, like celebrity?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I mean I tried to give him a hint, and I don't think he got it. What type of hint I told him about pretty privilege?
Speaker 5: Pretty privileged?
Speaker 4: He said that that's why you said you got free drinks and stuff because you're you're good looking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, basically that's what the situation is right now, and I'm using it to my advantage.
Speaker 5: I don't get it, Like, what is that a weird a lifestyle?
Speaker 1: How do you mean that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Currently I'm a tier three pretty privilege. Who's creating I don't know who created it. But there's different tiers, like tier one is getting free entrance to clubs and free drinks and that's the lowest tier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's brooken, alexis point and your Tier three?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: It's like where guys pay you to go on vacations to places like Saint Bart's and Beisa.
Speaker 4: That's why you're out of town for quote unquote work.
Speaker 7: Well, it's not just legal going to another guy, right, So do you mean it's like a sugar baby sort of situation where guys pay you to like go on trips with you.
Speaker 6: It's not sugar baby, it's not at all what that is?
Speaker 5: It sounds exactly like that. What's the different.
Speaker 6: It's me and a group of girls, just like five or six of us. We just get invited on these trips and they'll pay us ten to twenty thousand just to be there for photos.
Speaker 1: Ten to twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: On top of paying for your trip. Uh huh oh, you're like a model sort of.
Speaker 1: You have to be Alexia, She said, pretty privileged. This is Tier three? I think it was.
Speaker 4: What are you'll posting hotter pictures and taking those Tier ones?
Speaker 1: Pipe down over there?
Speaker 2: We're talking to Tier three. Keep going, I'm sorry, man, how does this work? You get paid twenty grand just personally to show up.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 6: We get in our bikini, take a few quick pictures together, like hanging on the boat with drinks, and then that's it. The rest of the vacation has come.
Speaker 5: For just for pictures that I'm jealous of, the guide, the pictures.
Speaker 2: It's not like, well, I can understand that you clearly have a lot of good stuff going on in your life. But going back to Derek, I mean, oh, well, Derek's did you.
Speaker 4: I guess if you can't have a boyfriend or be in a relationship while you're doing this, I mean he likes you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great now, but I'm not actively looking for a boyfriend or anything like that. My life is just yeah, I'm being on private jets and yachts and saying and staman. You know, it's like a full time job.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he'll send us like a sign up sheet for where the pretty privileged thing is Like, okay, well.
Speaker 5: You didn't even make a tear.
Speaker 2: If we can't do that, maybe something else. What we can do is get you on the phone with Derek right now, because he's on the other line listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh'm like, hey, what's up. I mean coming in hot. I mean, that's pretty awesome that you're doing, you know, yacht trips in the Bahamas. Like, that's incredible, it's sane.
Speaker 6: Parts you should have been listening closer the.
Speaker 1: Bahamas up for Tier twos.
Speaker 3: Look, I think that's awesome. I could come with you. I mean, like, I also know.
Speaker 6: No, but I'm going to go. Good luck and.
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Wait what but I mean hold on, like I want a I would love to hang out with you again. I thought we had a really good conversation. Second, like I know a guy who could give us like fifty off on like zip line tours in Costa Rica.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's so nice of you. But I'm going to go.
Speaker 3: But hold on, like I whose cruises?
Speaker 2: I mean, Derek, you need to just to stop asking what the professionals take over. So I mean, I mean, can you admit that you had a nice time with Derek when you hung out with him?
Speaker 5: You're really trying.
Speaker 6: We did, but we should just leave it there and I'll always have that memory of you.
Speaker 5: Kevin almost got Derek's name right, Yeah it's Derek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Derek, it's actually Derek.
Speaker 6: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Listen, I mean, I think this is gonna have to be the one time in your life where you just put all that money in free trips and yachts and private jets to the side and just to move just for a second and look into your heart. And I think there's a space for Derek and has a different voice. Okay, I know you like free stuff, Emmy, that's for sure. And we would give you a free date that we pay for if you meet up with Derek one more time.
Speaker 5: How many times are you going to ask?
Speaker 1: How many times does it take?
Speaker 6: What is include?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Usually we do like a gift card to a restaurant. Just literally, Okay, I'm in the towel, I'm leaving the white flag and it's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Cars.
Speaker 2: Doesn't always. I feel terrible about myself now, Derek. I'm sorry, man, it doesn't sound like we're going to get you a date here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, yeah, but you know what, what a one time date you had?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't live in my heart forever.
Speaker 4: Jeffy brooking Jeffrey in the morning,