Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty arm Strong and Jettie and now He Armstrong and Yetty live from Studio C.
Speaker 2: Please singor really hoping to not fall and break our legs moments into the show today, make our all way all the way down the hill and be successful with a brand new week of intermation for you, coming in fast and furiously from so many different angles, and today swallowing from story to story. If I might further torture the metaphor or jumping in the air and doing a backflip and landing on one foot of enfotainment. But today we're toiling under this title, Roger Goodell says, learn Spanish, gringos, or which do you prefer?
Speaker 1: Stuper Bowl or Puper Bowl?
Speaker 2: What is the message that I'm being sent by the NFL by having a forty minute show that's not in my language?
Speaker 1: What is the message being sent to me?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: Step aside white people, the Hispanic multicultural America is here and you're gonna take it.
Speaker 1: I knew that his songs are all in Spanish.
Speaker 2: That didn't catch me by surprise, But when it turned out it was some sort of like play that opened with a still screen with words on there to like set it up for you, and no subtitles.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the frig is this?
Speaker 2: So I'm lost from the from jump, I mean from the opening segment. Okay, this is a play about something, but they're not willing to tell me what it's about. So I did a little homework after the game, annoyed by this. So many Spanish only people live in the United States. There's a lot of people to speak Spanish, but most people speak Spanish and English. And the number it's hard to nail it down for a variety of reasons, but it's single digits. It's so there are a number of folks who have immigrated without documents go on, so tough to compile yet, but it's somewhere between like two and eight percent of people speak Spanish fluently only at home. So it's for that crowd for four percent of the country that only speak Spanish. The rest of us who don't only speak Spanish. You had no interest in figuring out a way to make that entertaining for us. You didn't even try.
Speaker 4: No, no, no subtitles to me, like I said, I wasn't. I knew it was going to be in Spanish, but I thought there'd be some sort of you know, tip of the cap to the fact that ninety three percent of the audience would benefit.
Speaker 1: From a little help here.
Speaker 4: Well of the population, how about the audience of the Super Bowl? What are those percentages? And there were a number point of not very subtle political messages in the show too. God bless America. I don't have any nezuela Colombia. I don't because America is all of those countries. I don't know what a suckers because I don't speak that language. Well, you had to go after and dig up the translations to know that it was leftist politics and sacks being sold in the halftime show.
Speaker 2: Well, sex is always being sold in the halftime show. My son was my oldest son. Like, when did they start having strippers as dancers? I said, a long time ago. You were too young to remember Beyonce or many many other halftime shows from which crotches are being shoved in the cameras. So that's on the other hand, for sheer numbers of asses shaken, that was a pretty impressive display. I hate to beat up on the halftime show because it's like a It's like the I don't know the tiredest take on the Super Bowl there is. But this is a level for one thing, and this is this is artistic taste. I don't get bad. Bunny doesn't dance or sing. Usually these people sing.
Speaker 1: He shouts sings. He just shouts words. I was listening for singing.
Speaker 2: There was maybe one word you could have called possibly attempting to sing a note. The ReFood is just shouting words. Okay, that's a lot of rap. Is shouting words with fine.
Speaker 1: But he else doesn't dance.
Speaker 2: Usually these people that are the kind of popular artists that you know you beat up on their singing, like Brittany or whatever. They're part of the dance core and they're just as good a dance as all the professional dances. But he doesn't do that either, So he just stops around shouting things at me in Spanish. Now you cannot possibly criticize me for not finding that entertaining. Some guy stomping around shouting Spanish at me. Why in the world would I get any enjoyment of that whatsoever?
Speaker 1: I mean, even the tiniest bit.
Speaker 2: If you costumes were nice, like every year, like Kendrick Labar. A lot of people didn't. You didn't like Kendrick Lammar. Fine, you don't like Wrap the Head rap? I liked it, or Beyonce. You don't like pop music?
Speaker 1: It was pop, muan. But this somebody's stomping and shouting Spanish at me.
Speaker 2: Come up with one thing even like in just one poem frond that they had many of their that I could grasp onto for entertainment.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing some racism here, folks, plenty of it. I mean the New York Times Bad Bunny delivers joyful Super Bowl halftime show the Let's see Where's the Wall Street Journal's delightful account.
Speaker 2: I saw the word historic thrown around this morning. Yeah it was historic. You crafted a halftime show for the by four most watched TV show in America, and uh and crafted it for five percent of your audience. And again you might make a good point there. I was going with the population. I gotta believe a lot of Spanish only households ain't watching the Super Bowl. No, they like football, not football, so period Street Journal headline Bad Bunny uses joy to put out political firestorm at Super Bowl halftime We're still here, Puerto Rican superstar says in Spanish while spiking a football, that's right, we're still here, and then spikes a football in America's face. Bad Bunny uses joy to put out political firestorm at Super Bowl halftime. That's not Bad Bunny's fault. He gets to have that opinion. I don't understand why the National Football League. Besides, that's what their audience wants. That's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Now, they calculated that their current audience would not get it, or ignore it or get over it the way they got over the whole mccollin Kaepernick politicized sidelines thing, and their new audience, younger Hispanic international, would dig it. That was Roger Goodell's completely mathematical calculation that the.
Speaker 1: Old people, the old white people, would get over it.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think if there's any other you know, I'm always talking about, how has any other empire ever done this turned on itself and like educated its children to hate their own empire. I mean, has this ever happened in world history? And I don't know if it has, but on this one, are there any other countries where they would take the most popular thing they have in their country and put it in a language that practically nobody understands others. No, it's it's unthinkable, and they obviously wouldn't do it in China or Russia or any North Korea round, any of those countries obviously, but even in like when France, would you and I don't know what language you would choose, but would they have whatever the number one thing is in France? Maybe World Cup soccer? Would you have the would you have the show be in some language Flemish?
Speaker 4: The three percent of the population speaks and everybody in Paris Stadium is just looking around.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: No, it's absolutely unthinkable unless Roger Goodell in the NFL are saying fu too, the vast majority of their current audience to go for that international audience.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was shocked by that, And again it was it was the opening still to set up the play. That being in Spanish was like, Wow, you really really have no interest in me?
Speaker 1: Following along with this, I mean that's that's like minimal effort. Subtitles. Yeah, wow, Wait a second, I'm sorry, I'm incorrect, You're incorrect.
Speaker 4: Bad Buddy delivers joyful Super Bowl halftime show, historic and joyful.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we'll talk about that more. I'm a magician or a clean stand up comic for the whole family. I'm just saying bunch different.
Speaker 2: I actually saw somebody was posting halftime shows from the seventies there and there was like motorcycle jumpers and guys training taming a lion and.
Speaker 1: Dogs doing tricks. Looked way more entertaining than what I saw yesterday. At least it was in English. Yes, Katie, I was.
Speaker 5: I was a huge fan of the puppy Ball.
Speaker 2: You know what I for first year I've ever forgotten to tune in the Pippy Pupy bwl and I always love the puppy Ball.
Speaker 1: Oh you get that camera down in the in the water where they come over and take a drink of water. The camera, the water cam.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good shot right there. Yeah, we got lots to talk about. It was also the most boring Super Bowl in many, many years in terms of just watching a football game. Let's start to show officially, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is? How did it already get to be Monday February ninth, They're twenty twenty six where I'm strong in getting and we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: All right, let's kick off officially now according to CC rules regulations, here we go at El Marco.
Speaker 1: This is your.
Speaker 6: Favorite president and this message is for bad Bunny, where as I call him the nasty rabbit, El Canejo desagradable. He's a nasty rabbit and a stupid rabbit.
Speaker 1: That's not actually Trump, though Trump was not pleased with the show either.
Speaker 2: No his truth social post from the actual president. The Super Bowl halftime show is absolutely terrible. One of the worst ever exclamation point. It makes no sense. What doesn't if you don't speak Spanish is an effort, is an affront to the greatness of American doesn't represents our standards of success, creativity, experience, ba boh.
Speaker 1: No, nobody understands a word.
Speaker 7: This guy is saying. What a funny old man thing to say right there. It's true, nobody understands the word he's saying. That's in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Pop in Spanish. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The dancing is disgusting, especially for young children that are watching from throughout the USA. I've always wondered why they have such sexual dancing.
Speaker 1: During the halftime of the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But what I wondered why substandard Rabbit was grabbing at his crank so often that I saw the lyrics to his song.
Speaker 1: Oh I got that. It fits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all about intercourse. Yeah, and intercourse with lots of different women. Yeah, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, I have to I have to be offended, like in absentia or something about the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Since I don't speak Spanish, I just I sat.
Speaker 2: There befuddled for a while, and then I thought, maybe I'll put to Michael's cheese dip in the fridge since I've eaten so much I'm about to throw up.
Speaker 4: Well, it's although I think it's worth contemplating that. In English speaking America, the reaction was what the hell? And in Spanish speaking America, it's like cover the kid's ears.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that is interesting. Okay, any thoughts on that text line? Four one five nine five KFTC. We've got Katie's headlines on the way, lots to talk about today, stick around, and I want to discuss the phenomenon of trying to make me cry about potato chips. Is this okay or not? Is this okay or not?
Speaker 4: I think I know what you're driving at. Yes, yes, don't tug at my.
Speaker 2: Heart strings with the sort of thing that gets to me. And then it's about flipping potato chips. Lads, that's my favorite potato chip too. But oh, he's given his farm over to his daughter because they work together and she learned as a kid a girl potato.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is such a touching potato chips. This is an ad for potato chips.
Speaker 4: And then I will keep this anonymous. It uses an unfortunate term for a transgender community. But nothing says our beer isn't for trainees like a bald eagle riding a horse, sir, Oh boy.
Speaker 1: All right, so much to talk about. Who's supporting what? It's lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 8: Katie, Well, the lead story seems to be Bad Bunny, so we'll start with those.
Speaker 1: ABC.
Speaker 5: Trump calls Bad Bunny.
Speaker 8: Super Bowl halftime show a quote slap in the face to our country, NBC that wedding during Bad Bunnies half to show it was real, and CNN Bad Bunny super Bowl halftime show performance redefined what it means to be an American patriot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Now you tell me which emotion lands with a majority of people that redefined what to be it means to be a patriot, or Trump saying that sucked.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand a word he said.
Speaker 2: I percent at least people who hate Trump say he's right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you could.
Speaker 4: You could practically substitute Kamalas for bad Bunny Trump's for what the hell was that?
Speaker 1: And it would win the election.
Speaker 2: Well, and forgive me for being so uh, you know, non, I'm trying to think of the right word cosmopolitan.
Speaker 1: That I want my entertainment in my language. God, what whose headline was that last one?
Speaker 4: The Patriot won CNN CNN unfreaking believable.
Speaker 8: Fox got three family vows to pay rants him as desperate search for Nancy Guthrie enters day nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk about that. So uh.
Speaker 2: Family addressing the kidnapper or hoping they're addressing the kidnapper yesterday.
Speaker 1: Probably not to my guests, but we'll see.
Speaker 8: New York Times lawmakers to view three million unredacted Epstein.
Speaker 2: Files behind closed doors. Now we're going to get to finally, finally get to the truth. Many people are saying.
Speaker 9: Uh, okay, yeah, ESPN, the quad, God, let's USA to Gold in figure skating easily the most dramatic sports thing that happened yesterday, with the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl being what it was. I wish I had watched that in real time. They needed it was so close with the Japanese. We needed like a practically a perfect performance to beat the Japanese. He goes out there and does like seven things nobody had ever done ever in the history of skating.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wish I'd seen it live and say, and it scores lands a.
Speaker 2: Backflip on one foot after doing five or six quads. Nobody never landed one ever. He does five or six of them in one route.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 8: From Reuters as Ai enters the operating room, reports a rise of botched surgeries and misidentified body parts.
Speaker 1: That's a foot, No, it's not. Wow, I'd like to know more.
Speaker 5: From The Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 8: Elderly lawmakers won't step aside, prompting new debate over age limits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm for having this debate.
Speaker 4: Probably the age limits are absolutely probably not constitutional unless you put them in the Constitution.
Speaker 1: But I'd like which maybe we should debate? Which maybe we.
Speaker 8: Should From The New York Post, Vague posting trend sparks social media fury with intentionally confusing.
Speaker 1: Posts, say that.
Speaker 5: What's the va vague posting?
Speaker 8: I have someone who does the does this all the time on Facebook where the day, Oh my gosh, I've never been this upset. That's their status update, and everybody's like, so it's friends with clickbait.
Speaker 5: Yeah pretty much?
Speaker 1: Wow, wow wow, No, too bad, but we're friends.
Speaker 5: Sorry to hear it, Sorry, sorry to hear it.
Speaker 8: And finally, the Babylon Bee NBC suffers bizarre technical glitch. His entire halftime show broadcast.
Speaker 5: Is in Spanish.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go back many years where it would have been im just not even an option.
Speaker 1: People would have thought it was insane. I still think it's insane.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about that and read some of your texts and get into some of the news of the day.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stick around. Armstrong and Getty. It's your favorite bad bunny song. I already got WoT by that. I don't know who that is. I've never heard of bad Bunnies. Yeah, oh no, no bad bunnies. Do you think they made a mistake? I believe I ain't never heard of broad too. No, I don't have one.
Speaker 5: I don't listen to.
Speaker 1: I don't know any song. I'm already listened about Buddy.
Speaker 2: That was a quite a number of Seattle Seahawks players, yeah, who had no idea who bad Bunny was or good name of a song, weren't quite as excited about the Super Bowl halftime show, becoming more and more clear that this was like a not a u a cultural phenomenon that reached the point to justify being on the halftime is rather the shoving it upon us, hoping that we'll like get on board or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'll tell you precisely what it is. First a note, the Seahawks players a bunch of young black men primarily, and a couple of white guys too. I think of that montage, and an American born I think all of them. Roger Goodell said, We're going to give it enormous wet kiss to the Spanish speaking world one hundred percent and to me like insanely not even given a tip of the cap. Here's some subtitles for the English speaking world. We're gonna say to the Spanish speaking world, we love you, we are you, this game is you, and the English speaking people will forgive us in.
Speaker 2: The way that's calculation, In the way that the opening game of the year, Cheap Chargers.
Speaker 1: Was in South America.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but it's it's not like they had some Spanish speaking announcer and we were just sitting there saying, I think it's third and two. I can't tell because they're speaking in Spanish. But yeah, it's it's part of the same thing. I just I get the calculation as a cold blooded business decision. I do not understand the utter lack of any I'm going to help you out a little bit. To his enormous English speaking audience. That is that is.
Speaker 1: That you know what it is. It's it's an fu That's the way I took it.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty five million people tuned into the halftime, most watched in decades or something. Yes, Michael, they know they got us for the football, and so it's sort of like we know you're gonna keep watching.
Speaker 1: At least that's their calculation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like I'm gonna boycott the NFL all over this, but I'm highly annoyed that you just don't even care at all whether or not I get anything out of that time show. I mean just like, like Jo said, didn't even throw me a bone. Hey, here's what this is about. You know, the play. They're gonna do a little play here, like a musical sort of thing. This is what it's about. No, it's not no help.
Speaker 1: What's on?
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna talk about that more later, including some of you who just think we're old racists on the text line, which is perhaps trolling. But we'll get into that more an hour two. So, the whole Savannah Guthries mom story, I'm glad this happened. Some former FBI bigwig went on Fox yesterday and said something I've been thinking all weekend, and so it makes me feel better saying it. But first, here's a little rundown of where we are on that story.
Speaker 10: When Savannah Guthrie references receiving a message, she's talking about a note that was received from a Tucson television station on Friday evening, and the FBI and the Pima County Sheriff's Department have been analyzing that message from Nancy Guthrie's supposed kidnapper. As yet, they have not been able to validate its authenticity, and Savannah's post included carefully calibrated, deliberate language, not to antagonize any captors, but to show a degree of seriousness. They promised to pay to bring their mother home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably didn't do this in the right order. Here's Savana Guthrie from the little tape that they released over the weekend that was analysis of it.
Speaker 3: We've received your message and we understand. We beg you now to return our mother to us so that we can celebrate with her. This is the only way we want peace. This is very valuable to us, and we will pay.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of people on the cable news channels are have been dancing around a number of things out of you know, being respectful or whatever, and that's.
Speaker 1: Good they should be.
Speaker 2: I've always felt like our radio show is more like what people say in real life sitting around talking, and in real life sitting around talking, people say much archer things than you would say as the host of a cable news show.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, you know, I need to remind myself of that occasionally. This is designed to be people friends sitting around drinking coffee and shooting the bowl in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, when you're sitting around with friends talking about this sort of stuff, people say lots of things you would never say on the you know they cable officially, but some FBI guys said it in gentle terms yesterday. This doesn't seem like any kidnapping I've ever heard of. I don't think they're they kidnapped her for ransom. I don't think this is the kidnappers reaching out. I think who knows what crazy s happened here? He didn't say that, but who knows what crazy plan this person had. But this is going to be a mix of crazy slash stupid. We don't know which percentages. But yeah, and also I don't I don't blame the family for Well, if there's a one percent chance it is the kidnappers, let's let them know we're willing to do business or whatever you.
Speaker 1: Might as well. There's no arm in it.
Speaker 2: But they're probably not negotiating with the actual kidnappers, because the kidnappers have kidnappers using my finger quotes, have given no, hey, we got her, here's you know, here's something only she would know about your childhood or whatever.
Speaker 1: Nothing, because they're not the actual kidnappers.
Speaker 2: And some trolls or losers who think they can rip them off or whatever out there. The poor woman is dead somewhere, and uh, that's almost certainly the case.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not. I hope I'm wrong, of course, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all know that the chances of her still being around are exceedingly small at this point, and it's very sad. Yeah, I don't want to go ahead, and I think it's becoming more evident or more people who are willing to say out loud, this doesn't look like a kidnapping case. This isn't the way they unfold when you've got professional kidnappers. My only fear is if we aren't all freaked out enough about the modern world and the postmodern world and the soon to be post postmodern world, there are going to be a fair number of people who think, huh, kidnapping cryptocurrency, and we're going to see an increase of it copycats, although they're not copying probably an actual four ransom kidnapping, but more scumbags and idiots will think, you know, I could pull.
Speaker 2: That off, Yeah, so that we're willing to pay from Savannah Guthrie and the reporting is and who knows what all is going on with various trolls sending all kinds of ransom demands from I'm sure they've gotten ten, probably tens of thousands at this point, flowing into various places from trolls around the world. I'd be really time consuming to try to wade through those see if any of them mean anything. But it started at a million dollars and went to six million dollars over the weekend, which is another thing that the experts say is not common among professional And the deadline is today, and the deadline will come and go, and they won't hear anything from the kidnapperson. Right back to my fear of copycats, etc. When you see the abject powerlessness of the family and their willingness to pay generously for the return of their loved one. If and this is one of my favorite metaphors I've come across, the whole most majority is sheep. There is a small but significant number of wolves and a small but significant number of sheep dogs that protect the sheep. If the wolves out there are looking at this, they're saying, this is a really good idea.
Speaker 1: Kidnapping for ransom in the age of cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: I hope you're wrong about that. But I don't think you are yeah kidding. I have never been in this position. I hope I never am, so I don't know how i'd act, But just based on people I've known who are scumbags, watching TV shows and movies throughout my life, reading lots of true crime books or whatever the whole you know, please give her back. We really care about her, you know, or him, your loved one. Those kind of people love that, I mean that appealing to their sympathy and victims always do. And I'm always surprised by that, because the scumbag trolls that I've that I've known in my life, they they love that. That makes them happy. That doesn't make it. Oh okay, I didn't realize this means so much to you. I suppose I should get no. No, they want you to be damaged because they're damaged and they're lashing out at the world.
Speaker 4: And right, yeah, well said, yeah. I've got to admit a cringe when I hear please like that. I'm thinking, yeah, you're dealing with a predator, a sociopath. There are again, a small but significant number of them out there, and you just have to recognize that they are evil and they exist, and you know, for a long time in America we did recognize that. And when we came across somebody who proved over and over again that they were evil and could not or would not repent, we put them away for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now progressives think that's a bad idea, I respectfully disagree.
Speaker 2: Before we take a break and get to the mailbag, guy's going to read a little from Mark. Well, I'll tell you what Mark Alpern wrote in his newsletter over the weekend, which I thought was really good about our attention span in America and what we should be paying attention to and we aren't. We'll tell you about that after Rough Greens. Yeah, word from a rough Greens.
Speaker 4: Old Baxter's going to miss it when our remodel's over because he gets so many pets from all the people working in the house. He's a popular fella. His health is really important to us, and we know your dogs are too, So Roughgreens is something that supplements your dog's current diet, not a new food with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds that help produce oxidative stress support, immune defense, slow age relating decline, which helps your beloved pop stay active, mobile and alert as they age.
Speaker 2: Trying to come up with some sort of dog story that would make you cry, because based on the Super Bowl ads yesterday, that's what you're supposed to do, make people cry, then sell them potato chips.
Speaker 4: Do we have time for the retelling of old Yeller capsule version.
Speaker 2: But this is just a good idea. It's something you add to your current dog food. Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. That's are you f fgreens dot com promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Roughgreens dot com promo code Armstrong. Don't change your dog's.
Speaker 1: Food, just add watch the health benefits come alive. So the.
Speaker 2: Gonna use my finger quotes racist cartoon that Donald Trump tweeted out on Friday with the Obama's Monkeys, And I was interested to read on Saturday morning Mark Halprin and his little newsletter, And I'll quote from a little bit later in the show because I thought it was really really good. But just how difficult the news cycle is and where we are in the modern news cycle, and what gets the most attention and he said, and he was making the point that there are several last week giant stories going on. I mean, the United States looks to be very close to going to war with a major country, Iran, and got he had the numbers, Almost no coverage on your evening newscasts.
Speaker 1: Or anything all week long.
Speaker 2: And then how the racist cartoon and he said, this is yeah, it's probably racist. It's one of like a half a dozen things Trump has done in the last couple of years that he shouldn't have done. Blah blah blah. But it's nowhere near as important as the fact that we might be going to war with Iran. Right, Well, the piece talks with Russian Ukraine that could blow up in anything, or a number of other stories that are going on, and we just don't focus on the important stuff anymore, right at all?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's clearly true.
Speaker 4: There's another ggnormous story Jack and I were discussing before the show that is.
Speaker 1: Out in the open, but nobody's aware of it.
Speaker 4: But the minute the Democrats take the House, the representatives, I think Trump is going to be impeached, like maybe that week over cryptocurrency and the UAE. Wow, tell you a little more about that to come. But oh, it's enormous. It's an enormous story. The New York Times, the left media has been on a big time. But anybody who doesn't read them is unaware of it. And we'll continue to whine about. I'm not gonna call it whining.
Speaker 2: I think it's a legitimate criticism of the halftime show from the Super Bowl an hour or two and some of your texts, which are really really interesting. So we got mail bag on the way, lots of stuff stay here. I would actually listen to some sports talk if it was people who knew what they were talking about, ranking where Seattle's defense comes in among the all time great defenses in NFL history, because it's got to be up there.
Speaker 1: Very high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, suffocating defense, which makes for a boring football game. Unfortunately, Yeah, it wins championships. I don't know how you beat up on poor what's his name, the quarterback for the Patriots. Oh May, Yeah, may want to see a doctor, Blake, may want to look into a different line of work, Drake.
Speaker 2: But he didn't have he didn't have a half a second to do anything.
Speaker 1: What was he supposed to do? No? I mean when he think he was beset by zombies or wolves or something. And then when someone is open, he doesn't make the throw.
Speaker 2: That's because the previous fifty throws he almost got.
Speaker 1: His head caped, and he's a little nervous.
Speaker 4: He's a little shaky back there. Right, Yeah, poor kid, Well, what are you gonna do? Here's your freedom of hating Quote of the day continuing, great communist leaders and the way they think.
Speaker 1: Vladimir Lenin.
Speaker 2: Under socialism, all will govern in turn and will soon become accustomed to no one governing. So, Jack, you know more about Lenin than I, well, I know more about John Lennon. You know more about Vladimir Iliach Lenin. Did he actually.
Speaker 4: Believe that or was that part of the snow job to try to calm the proletariat? He actually believed it, According to Stephen Kotkin, who are referenced last week, he got into all the Soviet files when they finally were opened up, and wrote a couple of great, great biographies.
Speaker 2: But one of his revelations was they were actually communists. Stalin and Lenin actually believed that crap, wow, which I know is amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I always assumed that they weren't or like you know the Ietola is not actually what he claims to be, or you know any of these they're just crooks or they want to be in charge.
Speaker 4: But right Madness Mailbag feel free to reach out to via email. Mail Bag at Armstrong E Geddy dot com.
Speaker 1: Good morning, writes Eric in Texas. Big kudo.
Speaker 4: Oh the headline is cheese tip brings families together.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I hate so much of your dip, Michael, I was near vomiting by the end of the first quarner.
Speaker 1: Glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Big kudos to Michael Angelow's cheese diss or disreptive recipe. Well, my wife and I disagree on most things political, we agree that the cheese dip is amazing. Here's a slogan idea because we haven't marketed it very well, Michaelangelow's all American cheese dip with Mexican cheese uniting families.
Speaker 1: Since enter the year here. I think it's a winner. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the Super Bowl, Jared the stunt actor writes, waking up to the commentary on the Big Games halftime show, just as split as everything else in this country right now looks to me like the left loves it because it seemed like it's a stick in the eye of America lovers, right, Hey said, because well he didn't speak English. He actually found it fairly entertaining and a lovely story about Puerto Ricans who are still America.
Speaker 2: Ohoho, how did you know what the story was? See, I'd have been all for following the story if I could have.
Speaker 4: It seemed to be about people at home and in the neighborhood, and then women shaking their asses and something about sugarcane. Then Eric, I'm sorry, Jared says for his last number, even said God bless America, then followed with a sign of unity, although what you missed was the translation.
Speaker 1: It was God bless America.
Speaker 4: Then he mentioned all the Spanish speaking countries in the Americas, hinting that either you know, could call in yourselves America because there's a lot of countries, or open your borders, you racist gringos.
Speaker 1: What was the climb in the telephone poles?
Speaker 4: What was that about hurricanes in Puerto Rico and how they're constantly having to rebuild the telephone poles.
Speaker 1: That's what I took from it.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't speak Spanish, as the rub John Right, Hey, guys, In addition to the worst super Bowl I've ever seen, I just watched the worst halftime show I've ever seen. I understand music is art and not everybody's gonna like the same thing, but who is that music for? He's the number one streaming artist on.
Speaker 1: The globe right well.
Speaker 4: As we've said many times, if craft cells sell crap, I don't love it, but a lot of people do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's crap at all, but it's not for me, and I don't understand why America's number one television show for English speaking audiences would feature something in Spanish. It doesn't make any sense. But I have gathered this morning from listening to some people that it has become like wearing masks. It's a sign of where you are, and saying oh, I love the halftime show is a gesture toward I hate America and everything the.
Speaker 4: People that hated this show love I hate like everything else. That's a tribal signal. To that point, John goes on. The thing that really stood out though, was the response to substandard Drabbit. The super Bowl party I was at had a good cross section of conservatives, some of whom left the house to watch Kid Rock elsewhere and liberals. The liberals either like to have time show or gave substandard Rabbit a pass. The conservatives were laughing at how bad it was. When I complained about the music, I was called privileged. I responded, it's not about politics. This music is really bad. I was reassured that I am privileged.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I'm in a position to judge music if I don't understand a single word.
Speaker 1: It's being said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't tend to like hip hop, but I understand some people do. It doesn't threaten me that people like different things. It's the all Spanish, as Jack put it out earlier, no subtitles even for the written stuff. The NFL is like no no subtitles for the English speakers. F them Wow okay. Message received, Roger Goodell. Message received.
Speaker 2: If you miss a segment or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty