Speaker 1: Second date, up date. Normally, when we hear a guy say he went out with a woman who's way out of his league, the first thing that comes to our minds is looks. Yeah, I think you're right. We're thinking she's in New York. Ten, he's an Idaho six and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is still striking.
Speaker 3: Gold for me.
Speaker 1: You know, not in this case, I'll take that nugget. One of our listeners, Tyler, says he went out with someone whose brain is a ten. I love that, and he's still an Idaho six and a half.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 1: But Tyler, you say she's good looking too, right?
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, red flag pretty and smart personality go to suck. Where'd you meet this girl?
Speaker 5: We met online? So she checks boxes physically.
Speaker 3: She checks all these boxes and she's still online dating.
Speaker 1: Was it like Tinder or signed to inquiries? It's a normal dating app. I'm guessing yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And what's her name? We didn't get that?
Speaker 5: Veronica?
Speaker 2: Veronica?
Speaker 1: That name is a ten's godd her. Tell us a little bit about Veronica. What did you like about her?
Speaker 5: Okay? So, I mean, obviously beautiful, but you could just tell she was really interesting and smart.
Speaker 3: And do you mean tell like when you saw her dating profile or when you met her in person the profile.
Speaker 5: Okay, he is into art and she's into books and reading or.
Speaker 1: Swiped last seven times since you started talking, even audio books. Well, but that's that's something that you like, the comic books. Maybe that's something that you like about her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do. I like somebody who's smart and who's educated and.
Speaker 2: Intellect Sure that's great.
Speaker 1: So what'd you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 5: So? I thought I could make it a little bit unique since she's so much into art and literature and reading. So we went to a few different libraries, like all these unique places.
Speaker 2: With that instead of like, yeah, exactly fun. But a library anything but a library if you supposed a book to when you.
Speaker 1: Like a library, stop judging. There are some dark ced sections in every library where you can see work.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: I spend actually a lot of time in the library, not the good part apparently not. And I just they're not that'd be hard to like sit and have a conversation.
Speaker 2: They're quiet places, you know, that's true.
Speaker 5: But you know it's not just about books. It's about you know, you look around and the architecture of the buildings. Because libraries are are pretty cool, that's true.
Speaker 1: A lot of them have coffee shops in there too.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: A library library, they have rest you know, they don't have at ms.
Speaker 2: You can pull catch out.
Speaker 1: Right, I know this is coffee? What am I drinking?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 1: You know what, Tyler, If you had a good time in the library and she had a good time, then that's great. Yah, I will say, I already like this. This is probably the most unique day one of them that we've ever heard, where you guys are finding a different thing to entertain yourself, stretch. Okay, I like it for them, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think what was her thoughts though?
Speaker 5: I mean I felt like it went well. Maybe the problem was she had to drive separately because I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, you know, driving to someplace with somebody you don't really know.
Speaker 1: So sure you drove separately to all three libraries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I feel like for.
Speaker 1: The first one you feel safe enough to ride together.
Speaker 2: Was it four? I mean, it's it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: That's a valid point. But the other, you know, the other thing is and you guys brought it up a little bit. It's tough to talk and to know each other when you're in a library. You got to kind of be quiet a little bit. I'm not really comfortable and outgoing all the time. So I thought it may be a little bit more romantic to go somewhere where I didn't have to talk as much and be, you know, on as much. We can kind of be a little bit more intimate.
Speaker 3: Oh, intimate by being silent, very just intimate.
Speaker 5: You know, get to know each other without actually having to babble on and on and on, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just.
Speaker 2: Each other's presence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a twenty year old married couple.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like she was asking you more questions than you were asking her?
Speaker 5: I'm actually not sure about that. She probably was a little bit more outgoing than I was. I'll say that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would ask is like, you know, maybe that was a sign that she was like trying to fill the void, right, Yeah, that it wasn't comfortable for her.
Speaker 1: She's acting question She's like I'm trying to.
Speaker 5: Read, don't make Yeah, I mean maybe it felt like she wanted to talk more and I want to be a little bit more quiet and reserved.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I feel like calling a radio station for help is going to prove to her that you do have an outgoing side as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you was there at any point during the day a super romantic or flirtatious moment that would be like a highlight you could point out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were being jokey and flurty and a one time I grabbed a self help book that said that, you know, the Beginner's Guide the Human Sacrifice and said, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know flirty if that's flirty, but it's something.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like I don't have virgin blood, so it's not going to work.
Speaker 1: Maybe on your next day you could sacrifice someone together and we'll send you there, hopefully if we can get her on the line when we do your second date update right after this. Thank you all right, hold on second date update. This little piggy went to the library. This little piggy went to another library. Okay, this little piggy went to a herd library. It's all libraries with this piggy and no coffee shops inside, like I thought there were?
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes I guess so.
Speaker 1: Because Tyler, our listener, took Veronica to a bunch of different libraries around the city because he knew that she loved reading and art and smart stuff like that. But afterwards, this little piggy hasn't been able to get himself another date. So he went, we we we all the way to the radio station for help. Are Wolf for the safe place.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the last time you read and concerned about that.
Speaker 1: Well that's okay, yeah, to do one library to library. It's not about me and my reading. It's about Tyler and trying to get him hooked up again with Veronica Tyler. Yes, how you feeling man lucky this question? Okay?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm gonna get lucky. You guys are gonna pull through for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a different meaning than you say.
Speaker 2: We're not providing that service.
Speaker 3: But we forgot to ask, like, have you talked to her at all since your library date?
Speaker 5: No? I called once, I sent a text. Nothing.
Speaker 2: That's not too much either. That's good.
Speaker 1: Well, we have dozens and dozens of phone lines to call her. On one of them she has to answer. Let's give it a shot. Okay, we're gonna call her from eight different lines. It once, I will call her for four straight days until she picks up the phone. I promise you that, Tyler. Okay, let's do this once on. Okay, let's try it the first time. Here we go. Hello, Hi is this Veronica?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 1: Hey? This is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, I have to pause there to see if there's any recognition.
Speaker 2: I also feel like it made you sound intellectual.
Speaker 1: She reads the books, she don't listen to our show. Yeah, we hear that you are intellectual type truancy.
Speaker 6: I am so confused. Far are you guys calling me?
Speaker 1: And of what you asked? Good questions?
Speaker 6: I'm intellectual.
Speaker 1: We've heard that from one of our listeners named Tyler, who you apparently went out with the other day to several libraries. Oh yeah, but now you're not calling him back, and so we're trying to help him through this segment called the second Date Update to figure out if something went wrong.
Speaker 2: Or if we could fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, to see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Maybe get you another shot.
Speaker 6: Okay, So a radio station is trying to play match maker. Okay, this is real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very real.
Speaker 1: We're not really trying to play Matchmaker. It sounds like you guys already matched online.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, no, I mean we did match online. We meant on an app, but I'm not sure if that translated to matching in real life. Something just sort of fell off.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious what your thoughts are for were when he suggested the library tour.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually really loved that. I thought that was super unique. You know, I'm just so sick of like going to the coffee shop or like going to the bar. Like I'm just like, it's just kind of boring.
Speaker 1: And that's why you got to find a library that has a coffee shop and a bar inside.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I'd go to that actually yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Oh so you too.
Speaker 3: But you had fun then with the library aspect of your date.
Speaker 6: I mean, I really loved it. Was such a unique idea. I loved that he sort of took something and I really loved his books. I love reading. I'm a huge reader, and he kind of like tailored the date towards one of my interests, which I thought was really nice.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really passive.
Speaker 1: It's a very thoughtful thing of him to do.
Speaker 5: Ok.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very thoughtful, not generic, But unfortunately just the chemistry just wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because the setting didn't like give it a chance to keem?
Speaker 2: What's the chemist you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's hard to have a strong connection with someone in a place where you're supposed to stay quiet and whisper all the time. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean we didn't talk a lot in librarians because you kind of need to be quiet obviously, And I thought maybe he was nervous or something. So I asked him to grab a drink afterwards and he said, no thanks, Oh.
Speaker 1: He rejected you whoa, We didn't hear about that part.
Speaker 2: Of the sty Does he not drink? Do you think is that why you could say that?
Speaker 6: I thought maybe that, But he was just a completely different person than who I met online? Like I thought we were vibing on chatting and then like in person, like why wouldn't you want to get a drink after going to three libraries? Like I'm smart, boring?
Speaker 1: I mean was in the morning like a tiger ironica, Oh.
Speaker 2: That happened.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that that's Tyler who was supposed to wait till we call him in, but oh my, okay, he's been listening on the other line this whole time. You can say hi to him where.
Speaker 5: You want to come back?
Speaker 6: Three churches, Like.
Speaker 1: Church architecture is actually pretty crazy. Maybe she's super religious.
Speaker 5: I mean sorry, so I guess I just you know, I have something to admit to you, and everybody admissions, Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean that's fine. I just you know, if you don't drink, like no judgments, that's fine. Like you could have done something else, but you just like teased out. So I'm just really weirded out that you want to ask me out again.
Speaker 5: But well, we matched online. You were just you know, you're so beautiful and intelligent, sophisticated. I just knew I couldn't match up to that. In order to seem more charming, I was texting you, you know, chat GPT and chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Is that the new one AI? That is like the computer generated texts? Wait, that wasn't really you texting with her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'd like type in, hey you're a still guy, say something smart, funny, classic are and and it came.
Speaker 1: Out that works?
Speaker 5: Bro, Yeah Dan.
Speaker 1: App website. Okay, Well good.
Speaker 6: To know for Wait, so like used artificial intelligence to talk to me through a dating app like, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around this, Like so, yeah, you were a completely different person. So oh it was it was like a droid and that was a human.
Speaker 4: I feel like I got catfished by like a chat bot, is what happened?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, so you don't actually like money though, Uh that's.
Speaker 5: How you pronounced it that THO was like, mayonne.
Speaker 3: It, dude, you gotta tell us this type of stuff before we call someone.
Speaker 5: This is not a little nervous, That's that's all.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 5: It's just me. I'm a little bit shy at first, but once you get to know me, I have a much better personality and bigger personality. It's just the initial meaning was a little bit intimidating to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, and it makes sense why you picked a library so you didn't to talk.
Speaker 1: Oh and that's why you said no to the bar too. You were like nervous about exposing yourself like free thought, I mean exposing not that way, like just not living up to the intellectuals that you showed online.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you basically lied about all of your interests and then plagiarized the higher online conversation with me.
Speaker 6: So I'm talking to like a fake person.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not a fake person. I put all the emojis myself.
Speaker 1: Sophisticated stuff. There are like hundreds of them to pick through.
Speaker 4: It took a lot of intellectual labor to pick out a book emoji.
Speaker 6: When we're talking about looks.
Speaker 1: Brook, do you give him any credit here for at least going through all this effort to try and impress her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I get that you didn't have enough to offer her, and that's too bad.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit harsh.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean.
Speaker 3: All of it, but like I think you should come at it within a big apology instead of don't blame me for this.
Speaker 2: Like that's kind of not an awesome look.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I don't know. I just because we didn't really get a chance to talk talk at the library, so I thought maybe a second date at the exact same time we had the first date wasn't in my best interest.
Speaker 2: You're not making any sense.
Speaker 6: That doesn't make any sense at all.
Speaker 1: That's chatbot what you should say here, Tyler.
Speaker 6: Dad, you haven't pulled up right now? Are you use your actual responses or you like have like a laptop open, like while we're on like on the phone, Like, I don't trust you now, and that's bad.
Speaker 5: So I've been honest with you since we've been talking on the on the radio here, and I do have the chat up, I'm just not using it. The blank scream.
Speaker 6: Okay, God, maybe you should, Maybe you should.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey could hurt wow. I mean he's earnest, he likes.
Speaker 1: You, and I bet he really does like money. Tyler say something nice about money.
Speaker 5: He us wonderful colors.
Speaker 1: My nephew said the same thing when he watched Thomas the Train. The intellect shining today. And we would like to connect you to one more time for another date and pay for that date, you know, library, coffee shop, bar, combo gift cards. You're gonna find it vera.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, like Tyler like the date idea. It was all you, I think maybe, And that was great and you made some funny joke about human sacrifice and unless you came up with something beforehand, like I think you should maybe give yourself some more credit because I think you are smart and funny, but yeah, you're just not the right person for me, Like, I sorry, locked my trust, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I get that back. I'm sorry man.
Speaker 2: That yeah, that was his own
Speaker 3: All right, Tyler disappointed face EMO broken Jeffrey in the morning