Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, So now we're going to talk about the number one thing when when it comes to school is how to pay for it?
Speaker 4: Right money, money, As we said, man, it's the it's the biggest financial decision that they're going to make and they have, especially high school sent they got about three years and that's you're making that decision at any team. Like a lot of people won't get approved to get a loan for a house. They probably won't. They may not get approved to get a loan for a car, but they will get approved.
Speaker 3: Student loan is real, and it's something like I said once again, I was fortunate not to have to a loan because I had a scholarship. But I have brothers and sister and they both have to I think they're both still paying on this still they're both older than me. But student loans is real. Financial lead is definitely real. All that is real.
Speaker 2: So you can't escape it. No, no, no filing for bankruc doing a loan.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're gonna want their money ra thank you so so.
Speaker 3: But like, what's what's what's some hacks that parents because a lot of parents listen to our podcast and you know, might have children in college or children getting ready to go to college. What's some hacks that and even children or young adults can use to minimize the course of college.
Speaker 6: One of the big hacks for high school students is taking college courses while you're in high school. Now, some high schools and some districts provide that, and they're called like articulation agreements, another fancy words, another fancy hire Edward, but their articulation or dual agreements or partnerships where a lot of community colleges now and some four year schools are trying to build upon their enrollment. So what they're doing is they're allowing high school students to start taking classes at a lower rate or for free. So that's something to where we look at in your in your area, your region, your district, especially within the community colleges, your kids can take some of those level one hundred courses at a lower rate.
Speaker 2: Do you how do you get going on campus? You can go on campus, so you can call.
Speaker 6: What you can do is you can call most colleges have what they call like a pre college program, pre summer program, summer academy, and look inside of some of those programs, those summer camps and maybe don't send your kids to maybe a sports camp in the town. You send them to a business academy camp at like let's say a Pace University, and then they can potentially get credits for class while they're at that camp. So that's the way to kind of look at it. I would look at your local community colleges first, give them a call. A lot of them do allow high school students to take classes on Saturdays and at night, so that's something that you can you can definitely look out for, and you can go in as what they call another fancy college or like a non matriculated student.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's a good word.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 8: I think another thing too is to just be honest about going to community colleges. So community colleges are way less expensive than they are than for your institutions are. And so if your student is not fully prepared because they just don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, at eighteen, you just may not know.
Speaker 8: And at eighteen, I thought I was going to be a high school basketball coach, teaching English classes that in my old high school, and that's what I thought I was going to do.
Speaker 7: And I went into college thinking that that was the plan.
Speaker 8: And I realized that I didn't want to do that at all about two years into the game, and so I had I don't know if community college was particularly for me, but I'm paying I paid for those two years, and I paid a lot of money for those two years. And for some people who are just not quite sure if they want to go to college or if this institution is go to a two year and bang out two years of college that are going to be a lot less expensive, and then succeed at those two years and then you can get into whatever school you want.
Speaker 7: I mean, Harvard is giving away.
Speaker 8: Full scholarships to students who excel at a community college, as are so many other excellent institutions. So you know, I think that's a one that's another way to minimize some of the costs. And another thing I wanted to add is alumni offices are a secret hidden money giving a space you're it's called advancement at most universities, but your alumni offices are always collecting money from donors who are saying, we want to give money to a black male student from upstate New York who enjoys watching soccer, and they literally will say that's the only way we're going to give five thousand dollars to this program, or we're gonna give five thousand dollars to a student who's involved in the Haitian Students Club and that's the only way we're going to give five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: I donate to my.
Speaker 8: School, and I give money only to the Black Student Union that helps shape my career.
Speaker 7: So we have money that we give to. You have to be involved in that club.
Speaker 8: But students don't know because they don't always announce those scholarships. They're just there on the website that nobody knows.
Speaker 7: So I tell.
Speaker 8: Students once a month go into that office and say are you offering any scholarships, and they will be there.
Speaker 6: And then for those people, I mean, we both did it. We both donated and created our own scholarships. I created one out of community college, created one out of his high school. And for those people that are watching that don't know how to give back money, you can call the foundations and advancement and alumni offices at these colleges and do a two hundred and fifty dollars scholarship or five hundred dollars scholarship to help.
Speaker 2: Students as well.
Speaker 6: Another misconception is that you have to finish a community college in order to transfer.
Speaker 2: That's not true. Every school is different.
Speaker 6: So for example, in New Jersey where I live, there's two things that I want to kind of put out there.
Speaker 2: There's two things in New Jersey.
Speaker 6: Let's say you have twelve credits in a two point zero you can transfer into most four year state schools in New Jersey. It's give me two point five into most.
Speaker 9: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdic.
Speaker 8: Erners.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 9: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash euyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and now you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 7: Will be protected.
Speaker 6: Sponsored by the United States Department of Home d Security from state schools in New Jersey. New Jersey also has another program, and most states do have programs like this called NJ Stars where a student maybe didn't do particularly well in their SATs, but they're in the top twenty percent of the top ten percent of their class. And if you're in the top ten percent of your class, you go to college for free community college. Then when you go to community college, if you get your associate's degree and you have a three point two GPA, you can get another scholarship to go finish your your bachelor's degree at a four year college and that'll be it in Jstars two. So in Jstars one is community college. You can transfer out and then you go into in Jstars too. So these are the type of programs that they have in a lot of I just know that particular because I'm from New Jersey, but they have these type of programs within the states. So don't get too caught up saying, well, I'm top twenty percent of class, I want to go to this big school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might be.
Speaker 6: Your top twenty percent might be different from another high school, so you might not get as much money as far as scholarships. So take advantage of the scholarships that you do have, maybe at that community college, and then go on and then potentially transfer and get scholarships as well.
Speaker 2: So it's just transfer scholarships.
Speaker 4: As you're talking, I'm listening because we do this this project with the kids who are going into college, Like even say an associates degree, they like have no idea.
Speaker 2: So that's traditionally fifty six.
Speaker 4: Credits, right, and then obviously a bachelor is when you finish traditionally one hundred and twenty credits of school that might take for four or five years, hopefully because it's going to coast you bright and you don't.
Speaker 6: But and on top of that, you know, after a certain amount of credits, after I think one hundred and sixty, I want to say, you run out of financial aid.
Speaker 2: So you can continue to go to school. They'll let you go to school, they don't care.
Speaker 6: But your financial aid can you can exhaust your financial aid.
Speaker 5: That's important.
Speaker 4: And I was going to say, like in addition to that, like a lot, there's a misconception with community college, like you said, like after those two years you transfer to a four year school, Like when you graduate and you go into your career, nobody's looking at like, yo, what junior you transfer from community college? And then New York State has now like in the past two years they started the Exelsia program. So state school is also a good thing, right, it's a at least it's less than if you went to a private school.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So if you go to state school.
Speaker 4: And you live in New York and you know your parents make under a certain amount of money, you can have I think room and board.
Speaker 2: For free, and to which I was as well.
Speaker 7: So that's another option.
Speaker 4: If community college is like it's not something you want to do, go to your local state school if you live in New York, and then I think the only recommend the requirement is that you have to work in the state four years after you however long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of schools are doing.
Speaker 6: You know, if your parents make seventy thousand hours, your household income is seventy thousand hours, you go to school for free. That's something that's happened in New Jersey where all the community colleges will be free start in September. These are again, these are the type of programs that you should know. But most importantly you just brought up a really good point. Public understand what a public college is and a private college. Right, nine times out of ten, a private college costs more than a public college. And it doesn't mean that, and it goes back what I said early. It doesn't mean that they're a better school. It's literally because they're privately funded, so it's a little it's a little bit different when it comes to how much they.
Speaker 2: Charge for tuition.
Speaker 6: So it's very to know what the public college is and a private and a private and know the difference that's.
Speaker 3: Important, yah, because I actually did a podcast before and somebody asked me that question, and I was saying that nobody cares, like especially if you plan on getting a degree outside of the other first degree. So like if you know you're going to get a four year degree and you go into a two year school, or if you know you're going to get a master's degree, right, they only care about the last degree that you have and that school that you went to. So like Barack Obama is a perfect example. He went to his first school that he went to for two years is like some no name school in California. Then he went to Columbia and then he went to Harvard after that. Right, when you hear the stories, it's only that he went to Harvard Law and he graduated from Columbia, they never say the first school that he went to. It doesn't matter. But you save a lot of money, you prepare yourself, and you grow. So a lot of times, I'm not the best person to give this speech because I went to the University of Hawaii. But you might have to humble yourself and stay home right and learn learn the ropes, and you know, stay at home for a couple of years and then go out on your own, or you know, you might just sacrifice for four years, stay at home, save money, go to your local school in your area, your state school. It'll you might not get the same joy as you know going out on your own and you know, going to a crazy destination, but the grand scheme of things, it might make a lot of sense long term.
Speaker 2: That's my story in itself.
Speaker 4: Right, I stayed home, I went to school locally, right, But what I did during that time was I was able to get experience. Whereas somebody who comes out of school and is looking for experience, I already have four years on you.
Speaker 2: So sometimes when you go to a career or job, it's like, yeah, you have this, but do you have the experience?
Speaker 4: Like I'm doing that as I'm going to school and obviously I don't have to pay for room and board or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So it helped in that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and also look at another complutment by experience, also got the career centers within the college. I know in my junior year, my job, my internship was also kind of as credits, so it could be considered like a co op program. So your class can actually eliminate. I mean your job actually leiminate you taking a certain class because the work that you're doing, the experience that you're doing is learning learning, learning experience, and they they'll give you a professor to kind of, you know, follow you along, and then you write a paper about it in a semester. And not only did you get paid to work, but you also got credits which saved you money as well.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP Home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,