Speaker 1: The second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're like me, you've wondered is it possible to be too smooth on a date?
Speaker 3: I've been there.
Speaker 2: I'm putting hair moose on places where hair isn't that smooth?
Speaker 4: Are you stick?
Speaker 2: Apparently one of our listeners, Cam believes that may have been his problem. Too smooth during this day, Cam, you moos in right now?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: No, no, thank god.
Speaker 1: Because I am moosey goosey up in here. I am ready to hear the story. But Brook's getting too turned on by it. That's the problem. So Cam, you think you're so smooth? Huh smooth as.
Speaker 5: That's actually the problem is that she kept asking me like, are you a player? Are you so smooth? You pick up girls all the time? And I couldn't vincent. I was like, well, no, I met you. I like you, we had a connection, you would Well, I don't know, she's just met the wrong people. She just kept asking, well, maybe.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're more debonair and smooth than you realize.
Speaker 2: The sounds like a player to me, But I mean, it's interesting that you even had that conversation.
Speaker 1: How did you meet this girl? I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: Well her name is Ashley?
Speaker 3: Okay, and we met.
Speaker 5: At a food truck.
Speaker 1: Yes, how did that happen?
Speaker 4: Jose, You're going to get on a tangent.
Speaker 5: Well, I was out of the bars with some friends and we're getting kind of late. So I go to this food truck and I'm waiting for my nachos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's always Mexican food after the bars, like smooth boys do with their nachos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know Alexis would fall in love with you. Yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 5: So then there's this girl and she's dancing to this street musicians playing guitar. But she's really into the music, and so I just give her a hard time. I start picking on her. I'm like, wow, you must be really wasted because she likes to dance. Well, I mean it was a street guitar player. It wasn't like this was a rock show.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't call that smooth.
Speaker 3: What's not smooth?
Speaker 1: Street performer and criticizing someone's.
Speaker 5: Dancing, Yeah, exactly, I'm not smooth, Okay.
Speaker 4: But she liked it, she liked be and made fun of well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she picks on me back. She's like, no, I'm not wasted. I actually like good music. Don't you like this music. So it turns out we start talking. We end up at a picnic table with her friends, and then her friend starts complaining I want to go home, and we were having a good time, So her friend goes home. She and I actually go out for more drinks and we end up at my place.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's willing to ditch her friend group just to hang out with you.
Speaker 1: I'm back on you being on the smooth training and honestly.
Speaker 5: Well, the truth is, her friend group actually kind of ditched her because they were the ones that want to go home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always one in the girlfriend group that is like.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no self control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, How did it go back at your place?
Speaker 5: Very well? I thought until I woke up the next morning and she was gone, and I can't get a hold of her since then. But like I said, the only thing I can think of is her main theme of the night was like, how often you pick up girls? Are you a player? Is this what you always do?
Speaker 4: It kind of makes sense why she would think that now, because you picked her up and like, you guys went back to your place.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I don't do that all the time, and I didn't just have a goal, like we went and had drinks first, like it just happened. Actually, I know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like the situation she's probably feeling.
Speaker 6: I would only think that if like, at your house, did you have something that screamed player, Like extra toothbrushes A ton of them are like brought up.
Speaker 1: That's actually a good point, you know that, Or an extra room labeled for the girls. Yeah, do you have anything like that at your place?
Speaker 5: No? I would think an extra toothbrush would scream wife, but.
Speaker 4: It's not used.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to brush your teeth?
Speaker 3: I'm saving that for my wife.
Speaker 4: It's like I had pictures of my wedding all around.
Speaker 5: But I told her like, look, I'm just a bachelor. I'm not dating anyone else. We happen to beat it a food truck and we just hit it off, and so I'm like, what is going on? Why did she leave early and disappear? It's so weird a lot of times her axe get.
Speaker 1: To cheat it on her big player, So it could be other stuff, is.
Speaker 4: Right, It could be uncomfortable to wake up the next morning when you're like completely sober, and some people just want to scurry out of it anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, No, I totally understand that. But look now it's been four days and you at least text somebody back, like I've been texting her and she won't even respond.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you really, like you're saying you could have seen more than just one night of fun.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I thought, you know, we were great together.
Speaker 1: He probably doesn't believe you. Yes, it sounds like already she's like, no way, this guy's not well. We'll try and call her and change her mind.
Speaker 2: That you're not smooth and you're not cool. Yeah, you are just a totally average, regular.
Speaker 4: Type of Yeah, nobody wants you've never even.
Speaker 1: Been with a woman before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is more like Coldie Locks and the Three Bears. The porridge is too hot, the porge is too cold. Let's just keep it in the middle.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we're going full extreme one way or the other. Yeah, he's not a virgin, but one time he got to second base.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, let's just call her. We'll see what she has to say. For your second date update.
Speaker 2: Right after this second date update, we're in the middle of a second date update. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning, having kind of an interesting discussion in the studio. Is it possible to tell if a guy is a play you're right away? Like, just in general when you meet what are the signs that could point to that? Because maybe we could figure this out before we even call her.
Speaker 4: Oh if he if our listener is a player, because why she thinks he.
Speaker 3: Is our listener?
Speaker 2: Cam was accused of being a player by the girl he went out with Ashley the other night. And I'm wondering, Brooke, like, what are the signs that tell you a guy is a player?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Sane? I would say like using any sort of pet.
Speaker 1: Name right like Beethoven. No, that's probably not a good sign.
Speaker 4: I'd also say like any sort of like touching or really intense eye contact like a shoulder rub or or there's like you know, like the pop callar, like the Ferrari keychain.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, I guess I'm not going to bring my Ferrari out on a dab. Sure what am I supposed to bring?
Speaker 4: I don't own. I'm sorry, any Ferrari driver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, general, okay, so there are some signs there.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe we could just break this down ourselves right now, Cam do you own any Ferrari money? Did you use a pet name when talking to Ashley?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, long pause there, think that's good.
Speaker 5: Well, I just think it's funny that, Like I was like, I own a Ferrari, Like where did that come from? But then I realized, oh, the key chain. Now, no, it's definitely not.
Speaker 4: I mean anything where it's like you're over compensating. You're like, yeah, trying to make it look like you have a lot of money.
Speaker 5: I mean, I remind you we met at a food truck, not a Michelin Star restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, normal, did you order side of walk because that could mean the same that's oh, be.
Speaker 5: Talking right there, big spender. Yeah you caught.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're still up in the air.
Speaker 2: We don't know for sure if any of this even matters to her, Like it could be something completely different than has her not calling you back.
Speaker 1: So let's just dial up Ashley and find out.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Ashley?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey Ashley.
Speaker 1: Not sure if you're ready for this, but welcome to a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, probably because what we're doing here is a segment called a second Date update. We are reaching out on behalf of one of our listeners. It's a guy that you met just a few days ago.
Speaker 4: Actually pretty cute.
Speaker 1: I think he really wants to see you again because his name is Cam.
Speaker 4: Oh you remember Cam the food truck.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I don'tbelievable.
Speaker 4: Ale, Yeah, yeah, that's a glory review the story.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel that way? What happened that night? Because we've heard a little bit of the story from Cam.
Speaker 4: Oh, and he said such nice things about you, about god, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: No, let's just say I should have known at the taco truck red flag way too comfortable approaching me, Like what now?
Speaker 1: Wait wait, okay, too comfortable?
Speaker 4: What is the red flag? Because he said he you he was making fun of your dancing, remember your street dancing?
Speaker 7: Oh really? Oh god? Just he just like, I don't know, like he's gave me player vibes.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that you said to him you thought he was a player, and he denied it multiple times. Yeah, he did many times.
Speaker 4: It didn't bother you enough to go home with him.
Speaker 7: So great he told you about that too.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Great, Well you went over and spent the night. He didn't say anything no details about it.
Speaker 2: But the one detail that he is totally missing is like, why haven't you spoken to him?
Speaker 1: Because he's trying to text you and you are not responding at all.
Speaker 7: Okay, So we've been drinking a lot and he kind of passed out, like nothing actually happened. Okay, and my friends had told me about this trick that they do to like check if a guy is saying who they say they are or whatever. I know it's really sneaky, but when he was passed out, I took a live photo of his face with my phone and then, god, I can't believe I'm telling you. I kind of went over to his phone and like held it over and it opened his smart.
Speaker 4: Opened his phone. Yeah, I get, it's.
Speaker 7: Probably just play Candy crush on it, right, dude, I wish that's all I found.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a smart move.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I would hate it to happen to me, but that is brilliant violent. What did you find on his phone?
Speaker 7: Okay, the whole I'm not a player, I'm not talking another girl, blah blah blah with In like ten seconds, I could see that was a complete lie.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, everybody would lie about that, Like what are you gonna say, I'm actually talking to ten other women right now, like come home with me?
Speaker 7: Like so many, so many texts, Like it was ridiculous, And I'm thinking, like how many times is he like met these girls and taco trucks?
Speaker 5: Like is this this thing?
Speaker 7: Is you hang out at the tackle trucks?
Speaker 4: What is back it times with him right there? So why do you care? I mean if you went home like a one night stand, like it's just like what do you expect?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be a one night stand. I didn't know it was good. I was hoping for a relationship. We seem to click. I just you know, I had a feeling.
Speaker 6: I mean I could think he thinks you're a player. You go home with a random guy for the taco truck to break in his phone.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I do believe that he really really likes you, and that maybe maybe he will be a reformed.
Speaker 1: Player like you and twenty other women all at the same time.
Speaker 4: He only called us about her, that is true, But I am.
Speaker 2: A little bit mad that he lied to us about texting other women. We didn't ask about we didn't have to.
Speaker 1: He just came out and said that are.
Speaker 4: He said that he wasn't talking to anybody else.
Speaker 2: That's what he said in the first part. But now I want to ask him again, Cam Kim, you've.
Speaker 4: You've got a jilted man on the phone named Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: This is a real violation of privacy.
Speaker 1: Oh not a good first.
Speaker 3: Thing to say.
Speaker 1: You just say no.
Speaker 2: By the way, true, but also by the way, Ashley, Cam has been listening to this conversation the entire time.
Speaker 1: Another lie that he didn't come forward with.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying jeff the truth. He didn't mention anything. So Cam, go ahead talk to Ashley there and trying to defend yourself.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's not cool to look for my song.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're telling me over and over again you're not a player.
Speaker 5: Not only are you a player, but you're a liar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I just think you need to You can't just dig like that. That's not cool. You should give me a chance to, you know, get to know you myself, to lie to.
Speaker 7: Me some more like are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Who are these girls? Chloe?
Speaker 7: What was the other going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the pictures from her name was April.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were not girls that you're dating. Maybe they were family members. Oh my god, Brook talks like that to her family members.
Speaker 3: You know that is not.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to help. Maybe there's an explanation Cam is not jumping in and offering up.
Speaker 4: I think Cam needs to explain why he was lying, because obviously you were. You got caught, Like why lie?
Speaker 5: Well, honestly, I'm more curious about the little phone hack game, Like what the hell was that all about?
Speaker 4: That is kind of like CIA level that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I had an instinct and I followed it.
Speaker 3: I just knew. I knew rying, and I.
Speaker 7: Had to prove it before I left, so I didn't do something stupid like.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think it's interesting that you use the word instinct there, Ashley, because say what you will about violation of privacy, and you're crossing boundaries. Bottom line is, you don't go through somebody else's phone unless you really care about them.
Speaker 1: Something deep inside of your heart.
Speaker 2: Told you you need to steal this man's face and lead his text messages to make sure he's the right guy for you.
Speaker 1: I would follow that instinct all the word at Chili's for a real date that we pay for. Wow, we owe it to your heart, to your instincts to see this through.
Speaker 3: And that's a food.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that that was not going to work on Ashley.
Speaker 5: I want that came from somewhere, That instinct came from me.
Speaker 7: Not want to be fooled again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I said Chili's, Did you hear me? Those baby back ribs are worth it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's not healthy.
Speaker 1: They're not even sponsoring us. And I'm throwing that out there like it's the.
Speaker 7: True love pushing him. I'm the not happening. So just I don't know what you're doing with this phone call. Just forget it, like to lose my number.
Speaker 4: Man, that's pretty clear there account. He messed up.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 5: I've been deleted that picture of my face.
Speaker 7: Oh I already did. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: I thought for sure she would have printed it out and framed it.
Speaker 2: Just post that picture right on the side of the taco truck for the next girl that he games down.
Speaker 5: That's not a bad idea. Look, I'm only there Thursday through Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's not that big a ca Okay, looking Jeffrey in the morning did we just unlock a dangerous new life hack for couples too?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We did. I'm telling you that's why I don't have my face idea on my phone. Oh yeah, any number?
Speaker 2: You know, Michael opening up your phone, finding that Silver Singles account that you've been hiding out there, reading all the smut you right on there.
Speaker 1: It's uses that much money's in her bank account. It's like a fourteen digit goha. I'm not saying all guys should be scared. We should be scared too. Yeah, because if you missed it.
Speaker 2: Ashley took a live photo of her date's face and used it to unlock his phone when he wasn't there and read his incriminating text.
Speaker 4: Is that illegal? Like, I'm being serious, Like, are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: I think only maybe you post something with them knowing. Maybe it's illegal.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy people can do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's smart, it's smart, and it shows you care.
Speaker 3: I'm going to that.
Speaker 2: But if anybody has actually tried this before and it works, text into seven eight five nine two and.
Speaker 4: Confirm text it on whose phone? Though?
Speaker 2: It is gonna be crazy, But we can always try and help you with your dating life. If you want some help, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go.
Speaker 1: Check out all of our second day podcasts at Brook and
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning