Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 1: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over agevaries by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the Lord's price guarantee game Time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time aut create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 1: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 2: Creat an account, Redeem code Nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Hello, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite un Seannon Sharp. Please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. He's your favorite number. Eighty five rot Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, Honoree Pro Bowler, All Pro Liberty Cities Own Chad o Cho, Senko Risotto Johnson. Please, thank you, thank you again for joining us. Thank you guys for selling out Shave by Laportier. We're taking pre orders only and we're able to you know what, We're gonna fulfill all back orders.
Speaker 1: Get that out to you.
Speaker 2: You guys have been tweeting me letting you know you've been getting your shippment in, so I really really appreciate your patience and thank you again for supporting. Please go out and follow my social media pages on all platform that Shae Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four and this we're listed. It is paying in the chat below. Nightcap Merch is been released this morning. That link is also pent in the chat and qualities are limited and they're selling out fast. We're offering free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars and an additional ten percent off when you order two or more items. Thank you, guys, We really appreciate that. And guess what because oho A nine nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because ohor and nine nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the show and we want to show you, guys, I appreciate it, Yes, appreciation. We've created an additional twenty percent off if you use the cold Saturday twenty right now. This is a one time only offer one tonight as long as the show is an effect. Use the code Saturday twenty twenty excuse me Saturday twenty for an additional twenty percent off your purchase. It is so thank you guys, We really really appreciate it. Yeah, man, I know I need a haircut. Man, stop all that talking.
Speaker 4: How do you know you need a haircut? Let me see where is that somebody in the chat?
Speaker 1: Yeah boy, I'm looking at that thing. I got that.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, man, ain't look at that. But you need a haircut. You need a line up. You you need a lineup.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you used to getting a haircut twice a week like I do, O Joe, Yes, and you go a full week without getting one, you notice it. It's like when you cut your grass on the rig. If you go one week without.
Speaker 1: Cutting it, right, you notice it.
Speaker 2: You notice it. But I'm a lot a haircut tomorrow morning. My guy's gonna come in and touch me up. So okay, oh Joe, we had a very exciting game the math eliminate the number one seed. Ok See thunder one seventeen to one sixteen to reach the Western Conference Finals. Remember the headlines and everybody said about me, oh Joe, I said, okay see, y'all really think they going to the Western Conference Finals. Y'all think they go to the NBA Finals. I ain't one to say. I told, look at this, o Joe, look what they got up there. You know what they said? Then now I want them to run. I want them to run up was right with the same passion. Listen, okay see, did put up a great fight. Okay see put up a great fight. But obviously the experience Number one was supposed to put up great fight. Number one seed is supposed to win.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: But but but Shaye, Shade Shaye over there, I ain't I'm not gonna say by hisself. You know, Shae, you know he got Jaylen Williams, he got shut home when but it's not enough. It's not enough to go against that three hit, that three headed months over there with the MAVs in Dallas. Now that I got damn Kyrie and Luca and obviously PJ Washington, I'm gonna talk about p J a little bit because he started off real bad tonight. He started night, he got in foul trouble early. But that second half them keep them key threes that he did hit. Ye that game, the CeAl it the two free throws and the free throws.
Speaker 4: Talk about clutch.
Speaker 5: I'm not calling them Kobe, but I'm saying PJ. Washington was Kobe Ish.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean Kobeashi, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: But having the first half like it had then, yeah, being able to make those shots in the clut situation, you know, because making making free throws. I mean to many that are watching from home, they think it's easy. Oh no, they think it's so easy. But understanding the pressures in the game of this magnitude where you want to close it out.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's that's it difficult Now that ship it is.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, Look, you know, I'm just given an okay thunder. They're better than I actually thought they were. Considering how well they performed, they wouldn't go away. This is a very very young team I'm talking about really really, really young.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think they need one more superstar to pair along with Shay because he's sensational. He's been sensational the entire series. He showed why he was MVP runner up. He showed why he's going to be probably a unanimous he, Luca and the Yoke were probably unanimous first team all the NBA players. He showed you why he had the package. He hit the three, he had the mid range. But he also showed you, man, I ain't got to live by the threes because he may get a lot of his buckets in the paint, he get a lot of good points in the mid range. He's sensational. He I love watching this young man, this young man play compete. I can assure you the Clippers did not see this coming when they but you know Kawhi, he wanted a veteran player to go along with it, or he was going to the Lakers, and the Clippers could not afford that to happen. So they got played Paul George, but they had to give up Shae and a lot of first and a lot of draft picks.
Speaker 1: But Shae was sensational. They don't have anything to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that it's disappointing because you had the number one seed and you want to get at least to the Western Conference finals. It didn't happen this year, and maybe their year early. So maybe next year was where they're supposed to be where they are now, maybe they were supposed to be their next year. I think if they can get one veteran, a star player the pair along with Shay, because they got everything I love. Chet Chat does a great job of contesting a lot of shots. He can shoot the three ball, he blocked, he could defend the rim, he lobs, He'd got great at hovering around the basket, getting rebounds and put back. But tonight you saw when it came down to it, you had Derrick Jones was early that second half, three after three, after three, three, he had twenty two points. Kyrie got going lately got going in the second half. He had twenty two points. Luca have a triple double with twenty nine, ten and ten. Yeah, I don't know if they would have ever got to that league. But the turnovers, the Mavericks, whoever they play in the next round, they've got to eliminate. They got to cut down on those turnovers. Yeah, because you look at go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, you look at the turnovers they had in this game. And as you get to the Eastern Conference Finals, Western Conference Finals, whatever it may be, when you play a better team, you won't be able to overcome some of those turnovers because when you turn those ball over, when you turn the ball over, the better team that you're going to play are gonna capitalize and get points off of those, and you're gonna put yourself in the goddamn hole and you're not gonna always be able to dig out of it. Even though the game of basketball is a game of runs. Yes, it's a game of runs, you know, momentum shifts. But as you play better teams that have better scoring output, which is what you're gonna face in the next round, you're not gonna be able to recover all the goddamn time.
Speaker 2: Considering the Mavericks out rebound them by sixteen total, they out rebounding them by seven on the offensive glass, so you're thinking, oh man, this is gonna be easy. But they turned the ball over eighteen times, which led to twenty seven points for the Thunder. That's why the game was closer than what it really needed to be, considering how you dominated the offensive glass, how you do dominated total rebounds, but you allow the team to stay in the ball game because you turned the ball over. Think about it. The Mavericks shot forty seven percent from the floor. They shot sixteen to thirty four from the three. But when you turn the ball over like that, you allow teams. You're gonna allow teams to stay in ball games, and sometimes it comes back to bite you in the bus. Okayc He's gonna kick themselves because they had a seventeen they had eleven point lead at one time, they got it wheeled down, they stretched it back up to seventeen, and they lost it. So they're gonna find them and that's what happened to your young team. You gotta find ways to hold onto that lead. You gotta find out of ways to get stopped. But I think Jason Kidd had a very strategic move in the second half. He went to his own defense that allowed them because they were going make it. They were going bucket for bucket. I was like, you can't win the game. They gotta lead. You can't play gold bucket for bucket you won't catch up, right, So he went to that zone. It allowed them to get back into the ball game. They went away from it, they went out on again. He went back to the zone again, and I think that was a very great strategic move by Jason Kidd going to that zone.
Speaker 1: He went to it twice.
Speaker 2: It served him well both times, and guys started to make shots and they did a great job. But okay, see they'll be back. This is a young, gritty team and a hunger team. Jayalen Williams is gonna get better. But I think in order in order for them to get to that next level because guess what, the Nuggets not going away, Minnesota definitely not going away.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happens with the Warriors.
Speaker 2: What can they retool with if they get another guy I can if Clay coming back, I think Sacramento, if Zion can stay healthy, New Orleans is gonna be to deal with.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of you know, everybody's gonna get me.
Speaker 2: You keep saying Jayala wis gonna get better, but I think the Western Conference as a whole will get better.
Speaker 4: So I have a question. That's a good thing. We talk about Okac and how good.
Speaker 5: They were obviously being the number one seed going into the playoffs. And you say a veteran presence is also needed to pair with Shay and chit. Who's a veteran who is a great piece, who is a great piece that would be willing to go play with the young See.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, O Joe, you're probably o Jo. They got seven eight nine first round picks. They got seven eight nine second round picks. You might be happening and willing to give up some of those first round picks they get. Maybe go get a brandon Ingram, Maybe go get one of them. Yeah, go get a proven commodity, because the likelihood of you being able to attract someone ain't nobody going to OKC, It ain't happening.
Speaker 1: That ain't happening.
Speaker 4: Is it that bad?
Speaker 3: Wrong?
Speaker 4: Okay? See?
Speaker 5: I mean are you are there are players looking at the city that they're going to. Are they looking at the team the chances and looking at the team and the chance that they have and getting far in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. You get an opportunity, you can go to Lakers, you can go to Miami, you can go to Orlando. You going to okc or you go in one of those places for the same money.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, Orlando ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Oh Orlando was in the playoff. They're young, bank Carrow. Oh he legit? Oh oh oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I know about young dude, but I'm talking about think about it. They almost made it to the finals Western Way Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: Almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, see no, they went to the second round. The Western Conference Finals is going to be between the next Yes, that's.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. They almost.
Speaker 5: That's why I said they almost. I mean, obviously they lost to the Masks. So I mean as a player, obviously I don't play the game of basketball, so people in the chat might know a little bit more than I do based on this, But I would want to go play with the young Bulls. I would want to go play with the young Bulls obviously, but the number one seed. So why would I choose in going to a Miami and understanding what Miami has or going to I mean, Miami doesn't have a shade, they don't have anybody scoring thirty points a game. No, but they not going to Orlando. Orlando doesn't have Orlando has a great, a great young player. I forgot it is he's Spanish, right Carroll? Oh yeah, hey, young bull. Nice But again he's not going to play with the shade. You know, it's different. We talked about runner up, MVP.
Speaker 2: Runner up, But Ben Carroll, he's only gonna get better. Remember he made the All Star team in his second year. Yeah, they got a very young team. You look at sub, you look at of Wagner. They got a young team. They need a veteran presence. Let's just say they go out and get a Paul George. Let's go say they go again a Donovan Mitchell. Oh, they're gonna be a Jnovan Mitchell to Okay. See, but see, Harry's the thing. He left Utah. He didn't want to be in Utah. Now maybe that had a lot to do with Rudy Gobert. We talked we tal by Utah and no, come on now. But here's the thing though, O Joe trading somebody there. Kawhi wasn't going to Toronto. You see when when Kawhi got a first chance, where Kawhi went La La, they traded Paul George to ok See. Now he stayed because he was with Russ, Right, But he wasn't going there as a free agent. If you go back and look what big time free agent has signed with ok see, only one big time for agent has ever signed with San Antonio and that was a the guy from Portland.
Speaker 1: What's the name, LaMarcus Audridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: He signed with San Antonio as a big time fridgent. It's hard for small market teams to tract names.
Speaker 1: Think about it. Lebron couldn't get anybody to come to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Lebron ef and James he couldn't get anybody to come to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: And you think Shane gonna be able to get some people to come to Oka se KD and Russ couldn't get anybody to come to ok Se.
Speaker 4: Man, that's fucked up, man, It is what it is.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to trade and get a guy. You got enough draft capital to do it.
Speaker 5: Trade if you trade for a veteran president, what happened if do the players obviously basketball players make I call it fuck you money.
Speaker 4: I call it fucking money.
Speaker 5: And you could trade a player to a certain place, and what happens if he said, you know what, man, I don't want to play here.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I want to play here. Well, does that happen? Does it happen?
Speaker 2: They can pull that off for the most part, Like if you're a KD. Brooklyn did a ma solid they gave him. He gave him like, I would really like to go to Phoenix because he's been a good soldier.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They did that.
Speaker 2: Kyrie gave him choices and they said, Kyrie to Dallas. Now, maybe maybe that was the perfect landing spot. It's kind of like when the Fox had the rabbit in his hand and he told me, He's like, you know, I should eat you. I should throw you in the brown patch. He's like, please, please, don't throw me in the brin patch. Don't you throw me in the brin patch. I'm gonna get all them throwings on me. I'm gonna be scratched up. Fox throw him in the broad past. You say, that's why I wanted to be, you know what I'm saying. So maybe Kyrie like I don't really want to go anywhere but the Laker, and you know, oh man, I'm with Luca. That's where I wanted to be. No state, no state taxes. You get to play alongside the guy. You don't have to show them the load and Kyrie has matured so much. He seems to be so at peace.
Speaker 1: I mean, I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to go talk to him because I want to see how he's at so at peace. You saw the other night they won the game, he beating the drum. Yeah, yeah, he's he's he's a cerebral player that's found peace, happy, married kids.
Speaker 1: Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Hey, we know he's always been able to play. That was never an issue about his ability. You had, you know, to be able to handle the ball, three level, the three ran, can finish either hand at the rim, can shooture the free throw.
Speaker 1: What else.
Speaker 5: Not only not only has he been able to play, but he's been healthy too. Yeah, yeah, he's been healthy. He's been healthy. He's been healthy too. He's always had he's always had issues. I've heard rumins about his knees, his knees being bad. But this year he's been healthy, he's been available.
Speaker 2: He's yes, yes, So it's gonna be it's gonna be. Uh, it's gonna be very very interesting. You know this with chat first year, he's only gonna get better. You saw the improvement from when he was a freshman Againzaga and then all of a sudden, he misses it entire first year. If there's something to be said about guys that missed their first year, O show for the simple fact, even though you're not playing, you're learning. You're learning how to be a pro without having to be a pro by playing, study habits, getting in the cold tub, rehabing, lifting, how you conduct yourself.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 2: That goes a long long way. You look at guys like Joel andb missed a lot of time. Ben Simmons missed time. Although I don't think Ben Simms will ever be what he once was injury and I think he got beat up so much mentally, I don't think he'll ever be what he once won ojo. But you look at guys that that that missed time their first year. I Blake Griffin, some of these other guys, and it went a long way. But the Thunder go down four to two to the MAVs, one to seventeen to one sixteen.
Speaker 1: The mass move on.
Speaker 2: They faced the winner of the Minnesota Timberwolves and and the Denver Nuggets, So that's gonna be a very interesting game.
Speaker 1: In their first forty playoff game.
Speaker 2: Lebron James average twenty seven point three, eight point three rebounds, seven point three assist. He shot forty four percent from the floor, twenty nine percent from the three point line, seventy four percent from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: In his first forty playoff game, Lucas averaging.
Speaker 2: Thirty one points a game, nine point four rebounds, eight point two assists. He's shooting forty six per from the floor, thirty five percent from the three, seventy two percent from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shae. This year, O Joe, he was sensational.
Speaker 2: Thirty points a game, six rebounds of game, six assists, the game too, steals a game. He was first in thirty point games, most thirty point games since hard than twenty nineteen, led the NBA and steals best player on the number one seed, youngest number one seed in NBA history, second in MVP voting.
Speaker 1: So the future is very very bright in Okay. See.
Speaker 2: The only thing, O Joe, is not to get complacent. Say hey, we're young, we did this. Get back in the lab, taking some time off. You know, Shae's gonna be on the Canadian Olympic team. I think Lou Dort is gonna be on the Canadian Olympic team. So they're gonna be playing hopefully Jalen Williams, both of the Williams kid chet. They get rapped back into Isaiah, Joe, Josh Getty, they're probably I can see a scenario where they moved Josh Giddy. I can see it, so I can really see that happening. People talking about k KD go back to O KC. Well that's the possibility it is. I don't know if he really wants to do that because but they have the draft compensation to restop what Phoenix lost by trading to get KD. But it was a great It was a great series. Yeah, it goes down four two could have easily gone seven to join the other two seven game match up. The Nuggets and the Wolves play Game seven and the Knicks and the pacer Player Game seven. So we almost had three game sevens, which the NBA would have loved. Oh Joe, Alexander yuci himself as the baddest man in the heavyweight division with a split decision win over Tyson Fury. He unifies all four belts. It's the first time we've had a unified heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in nineteen ninety nine, he became the undisputed heavyweight champion and Kingdom Arene realgyy Yeah, Riata Saudi Arabia about with everything fans could have hoped for. You saw music established early, Fury gets it going, and then USI.
Speaker 1: Counter, I'm gonna let you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this, Yeah, Fury, he took the fight series, but he did too much, too much antics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that you know, Okay, I'm gonna let let's listen.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that now, when it comes to people or fighters that have a personality that make the sport entertaining, I think that's that's him.
Speaker 4: That's always been Fury. He's always been like that.
Speaker 5: He's approached all the fights that he's had with that fund, with that passion for it, with that entertainment value where if you're paying whatever you pan to see Fury fight, you're going to get that entertaining side of him as well. I think it caught up to him a little bit. I can't remember by around. I think it might have been round seven or maybe round yeah, your round, whether we got rocked, we got rocked, what round was? That might have been seven or eight? Oh Joe seven seven, eight. Now, I said it on the show, and I said all the time, the moment of truth for all boxers, It all comes down there conditioning. I don't care how skillful you are, I don't I don't care how well your IQ is, how much information you process when it comes between you and your opponent. From round one to six, round six and seven is a moment of truth where your conditioning comes into play. Because when you're not able to be on your bicycle and movement left right and doing all ahead movement, and you got to stand there and fight, and you gotta exchange. We have no choice but to fight. What's gonna happen? He ate when he wasn't moving as much. What happens, He gets caught and usaid goes to work. And from that point on, from round seven, it might have been seven and on. Even though Fury tried to come back.
Speaker 4: It was too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was too late.
Speaker 4: Every round from that point on, he went to work on him.
Speaker 2: Riata Riyah re Ya Da Rianda Saudi Arabia Riada Riata ree.
Speaker 5: Y'all dah, hey man, you gotta think about use to his path, his path just to get the Fury right. Yeah, Anthony Joshua Tights, I mean Anthony Joshua twice, Dang of the Boys, Tony Blue, Derek Cesora, Maurice Brills, Marot Gassiev, Michael Hunter, Christophe Glabakia. I'm probably saying his name wrong, but dude, buddy went through the gauntlet. Buddy went through the gauntlet just to get to this point. And I miya, they have a rematch clause no matter what, So regardless of who wanted to fight, they fighting again.
Speaker 4: I think maybe in October.
Speaker 5: I might be wrong as far as day the date goes, but they fighting again in October, and I'm sure the fight would probably be back in Sauty Rayway again. Yeah, and you listen, I'm ooh, they get the double dip. They get the double dip, They get the double dep And I wonder, I wonder, is now is the A side? It's yeah, sure side right, Yeah, he got the belts. Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I think you're thinking about Joe like at some point in time you have to pick and shoes because you sick. It's not he ain't a punk, the dude. Ah, he's a He's a gold medal winning fighter. And if you watch that the fight started to go. He's a smaller man, but he started walking him down. Yeah, he walked him down, and he counted him because Fury tried to throw the upper cut from differance. He counted him right, left, over the top and boom cord. Now here's the Now give your credit. How he stayed up on his feet. Yeah after that, because they could have they could have easily stopped the fight. Yeah, I believe that he's now scared. The reft was gonna walk in and call it.
Speaker 1: I thought he.
Speaker 4: I thought he was getting ready to, but but he let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the thing I think you think it's fighting for a bigger cause. His country has been at war for the better part of two years.
Speaker 4: Did you hear did you hear what Feury said after the fight?
Speaker 5: I did, Like Yeah, I mean he said to the fact, I don't want to quote him wrong, but to the fact that they gave him the fight because of what was going on they felt bad for.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Don't don't undermine the man. The man.
Speaker 5: It's something something, some some to that nature. And I think that was that was that was classless on his part. You shouldn't do that. Give the man his credit. You lost and you gotta rematch with Don't say nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Don't you got to be able to because yes, and you know.
Speaker 2: Evueight champion from the Ukraine, and you know, when you're fighting for a higher purpose than just fighting, right, when it means something to your country. I mean, you know, if you look at it, the way they honor their champions, they have parades, those people in gold medals. I mean maybe a little small town, but they're not They're they're athletes, and these foreign countries are revered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, change messy and and and.
Speaker 2: And and rinaldo and you know, oh man, you and yes, yes, yes, So he's fighting for a bigger purpose. He beat you, fury, he beat you fair and square. This ain't about no. Yes, his country is at war, but that's not what he beat you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't like because all the time that when you win, and you know you you said all these funny quotes about how you was drunk and you came in overweight and you won. Don't short change the man. Give the man his credits. Say you know what, tonight, he was the better man. We're gonna do this thing again, and the next time I'm gonna be the better man, but don't short change the man.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 5: Man, and listen now you said has completed w B A cruiserweight, the w B C cruise Weight, I w B O cruiseweight, ring cruiserweight, w B A Heavyweight, w B C Heavyweight, I B F Heavyweight, w B O Heavyweight and ring heavyweight. You know what I think tooth vision unified Champ doesn't have champ. I think you should fight me. What you think no, as a fight.
Speaker 1: Your weight class.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: That man hits you so hard on the top of your head you peep out your ribs and thank you and that.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, listen to stay with me. Now listen. I think it'll be a good tune of fight before he fights Fry again.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you couldn't take that one body shot. Yes, you'll be peeing right there in the ring.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna pe man, I got as man.
Speaker 1: Who candy shot? Will you be playing blood for?
Speaker 5: And I'm good man, I'm ready, man, I'm ready. I'm ready to get back in the ring. Man, I can't find nobody. Don't nobody want to fight me?
Speaker 1: Nah? You two light?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not too late. Man.
Speaker 2: You see that that man just walked That man just bought one of the most skilled heavyweights in the history of that vision and then wear him down.
Speaker 5: But you gotta understand he walked him down after round six. Furiys listen, Fury fought beautiful the first six rounds. That is what you call a pure boxer, a skillful boxer.
Speaker 1: Defense.
Speaker 4: Everything was on point, Ojo.
Speaker 5: He kept that g kept the jab on him, kept the jab on him, he kept the he kept the length out there, you know, the measure distance.
Speaker 4: He fought a beautiful fight up until he got a little tired.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, Ojo, here's the thing. You get.
Speaker 2: He was two thirty five, so you're gonna be giving up fifty pounds and bruh.
Speaker 4: I forgetting that they that heavy I keep forgetting my bad And.
Speaker 2: The difference is when like the heavyweight, for the most part, most heavyweights can can turn the lights out with one punch.
Speaker 4: Hey any at any moment.
Speaker 1: That makes heavyweight so dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes there have been some fighters that could mark Tommy Hearns can hit you with that overhand right at the wealthy weight the one forty seven and in the.
Speaker 4: Fight Roberto d Ran in the fight harse hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there have been certain guys, uh uh, I don't know if you remember him, John Mugaby, the Beast. I mean there have been certain guys. Obviously the heavyweights. You know, you had Ken Norton, you had Ernie Shady, you had big George Foreman, you had a ron Lyles. A lot of those big heavyweight guys can turn the lights out of the fight. But these guys are not really heavy punchers. They're like really skilled boxes. So they got to put a lot of punches together. If you see, if we saw when what's his name, uh, Deontae, when he when he called what you call him flush?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a rapt him to the floor was a rap hit. I still don't know how he got up, how he got up like the undertaker he was. He was just he was standing into the he was standing in the roof and just jump.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Okay, well listen, okay, you sick.
Speaker 5: It's too big for me right now because I've been boxing and playing soccer and playing tennis.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm right now about about one eighty. So how about this.
Speaker 5: How about I fight like uh people at at one sixty How about I fight like Caleb Plant?
Speaker 1: What sixty eight? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How about tell you got to fight somebody like Ryan Garcia or take days o. Man, they too little man, They too little, They too little man. Listen, Caleb Plant uh benevidez he can get this work, Bud Boots.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think. I'm trying to.
Speaker 5: I'm like and you know, you know it's funny. I'm naming all the people of r before, so I already know what to expect.
Speaker 4: Anything.
Speaker 2: Boys want to any of them. Boys want some work, let me know. Let me they want some road work. They want you to get on the ring. Put by three four miles in with them.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fine. I've done that already with him. But I'm talked about what I do to the boys with a down gloves and no headgear.
Speaker 1: They know what it is. What hold on? Brian Maxwell sought you on your ass? What you think he hold on? What that?
Speaker 4: That was three years ago. I've been I've been in the gym. Let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: Let me say, you remember how you look as a rookie, and how did you look going to see your third year? Do you know how much you improved as as as a player. So how much you think I improved.
Speaker 4: As a boxer?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, let that sink and think about what you're saying.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's like a guy coming out there that hey really never played football before. Say you know what I've been working out I'm about to about exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like that analogy because I'm fighting all I've been fighting all my life.
Speaker 1: I got me finished. You ain't got no gold glove, You ain't got no amateur rings. Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa woa.
Speaker 5: I got golden gloves from from Charles Hadney Park when I used to have when I used to go at it.
Speaker 4: What you talking about? I was a golden glove in the hood.
Speaker 1: What you talking about?
Speaker 4: I've been fighting. I just never fought an instruction environment like that.
Speaker 1: Let me tet me. I go on with it. One more thing.
Speaker 5: I got thrown out at Lanx University, right, yeah, you know. I got thrown out. I got thrown out for fighting.
Speaker 4: Let me finished.
Speaker 5: Let me I went to Carol Gaves High School. I don't know, I don't remember who the principal was.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety three, but they got kicked out for fighting in the grove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you God, like man, go fight Mayweather.
Speaker 5: I don't want to fight Floyd. I don't want to fight Caleb Planning.
Speaker 4: I want to fight Boots a bud.
Speaker 1: Was the time with you?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: They wasting their time with you?
Speaker 5: They gotta, man, I love them niggas up, man, stop playing with me. Man, and you need to have more faith than me.
Speaker 1: Unk.
Speaker 5: You got the faith of it in the Bible says God said, they have faith of a mustard seed.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 2: And you, in order for a mester, must have seed to do grow. What you gotta do. You got to plan it. They're gonna bury your ass.
Speaker 1: So I don't I need my partner. I need my partner. Man, Man, you be you be slurr you beat your ship manet YouTube? Hell, Hey, that's up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey listen, I'm I'm you know it's funny. I know that man, he ain't gonna fight no better be Hey, I know the chat laughing the ass off.
Speaker 4: The people are calling that.
Speaker 5: The people I'm calling out, obviously, they're all friends of mine. I've all had I had the opportunity to work with them at one point in time sparring. I don't think they obviously didn't turn up on me, because they could have killed me if they wanted to. But the fact that I was hey, listen, the fact that I was able to work with them, un Oh, my goodness.
Speaker 4: I told you how to do.
Speaker 1: I told you how to do.
Speaker 5: Once you get inside the ring, they're not They're not your friend of Moell, not your friend of the molle.
Speaker 4: They don't they know they know a shoe.
Speaker 1: Oh, but you got to go to work, you gotta.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how many people have actually seen the fight up close, but to watch like Mayweather and watch these guys set punches up. By the time you realize he doesn't hit him get a drawn back that yeah. So what you see with somebody like.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh hit a recall.
Speaker 2: You see the guy head, Hey, he don't recall, ready to go out there kind of punches. And the thing is you got to be able to see them punches. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's what made Floyd. Floyd could see punches so good.
Speaker 4: He's see it coming fail and already countering.
Speaker 5: And that that's the scary part when it comes to the elite fighters that are fighting, which is why sometimes everybody is cautious when it comes to exchanging, because as soon as somebody feels some something coming back. Yes, And the scary part is you want to be cautious and you don't want to get caught in that exchange because soon as they feel leather anywhere, some is coming back. Just it's reactionary.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing, Oh Joe, they know whatever punch you hit, the wig hand is down down, so they come so they come in with a counter to it. Yeah, and so that's the thing, you know, talking I remember talking to holyly Field. This what holing Field was a champ.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 2: The problem is is that when you throw punching you you susceptible to get knocked out because you can't throw punching block in your face because.
Speaker 1: When you throw something.
Speaker 2: And remember when he tried to throw that uppercut, that's how he got caught because his hand was down, so he came over the top.
Speaker 1: Right, Hey he counted. Hey that kind of left over the top.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Now he back, Now he back into the rope.
Speaker 5: Hey, that equilibrium, Once that equilibrium stayed up, it take a little minute to get to gather yourself too.
Speaker 1: I still don't know how he stayed up. I still don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know's I'm I'm excited, and that's why I'm nervous. I'm nervous for Jake Paul. I'm nervous for Jake Paul. I know it's eight eight, it's eight round but it's only two many rounds, and I think they were gloves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even even ten ounce I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think he I think he's underestimating the type of power that Tyson packs.
Speaker 1: That change.
Speaker 5: He's Surety's compact Lord sendior gravity. Do you understand the power that is coming behind him punches man? Yeah, even if you do block, it makes you think twice once you feel the power.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember watching that fight with uh holy feel fought George Foreman. Yeah, if you get a chance, go back and listen to the floun or the thud of which holy Field was hitting George Forman with from how that man stayed on his feet. I still don't know to this day, I'm thinking and that for every once in a while I go back and I was like, you could hear that thing through the television. Yeah, I was like, I saw all this, saw Mike Tyson fault once and I saw him fight Frank Bruno.
Speaker 4: Oh Bruno re hit him, re hit him and he failed. Yeah. Yeah, you caught it. Yeah, you caught it. Good putting, real good. Crazy you you.
Speaker 2: Got it, like I said, you just got I mean, you get an appreciation when you see someone do their craft and you get an opportunity to witness in person, right because like a lot of times when you see Lebron you know, you see it on television. Yeah, you watch these guys and you watch the Jordans, you watch the Kobe's, or you go to about I remember watching the home run derby and see Sammy Sosa and King Griffy Junior go at it hitting the ball out of turn and feel. Or to see these guys in their craft, in their natural element, then you get a real appreciation for just how good and how skilled these individuals are.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: For me when it when it comes to boxing, obviously there's a saying you don't you don't play boxing, So no, no, no, no, you don't play you don't you don't play boxing. I obviously submerged myself in it for three years I took it as serious as I could, and obviously when I did fight on that car when Mayweather fort Logan, I told Floyd, I said, if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right, and I'm not fighting at celebrity. Give me someone that fights for living. So that was why the decision in fighting Brian Maxwell, who's an MMA fighter and fights bare knuckle, it had to be somebody at magnitude, so they understood those who have been in this war for years and it's their livelihood. I wanted to show you that I am taking a serious that I'm not going to play around. And just the three years after that point and going from boxing to boxer some of the best and just watching the way they work, it gave me a bitter appreciation to their craft and what they do as opposed to being a fan and.
Speaker 4: Watching from the outside. Yeah, it's almost like and I understand the work that goes into it.
Speaker 5: So when I sit back and see fighters fight, and I hear fan talk all this trash, or you should have done this, you should have done that. Oh you're sorry, Oh you can't do that, and I sit back and think, like I spent three months in Philly, and I watched Boots train to get to see why he looks the way he looks on fire.
Speaker 4: I've watched your Core, I watched I watched Bud and.
Speaker 5: I just look at how everybody talked trash about all these fight I watched kter Plant, Like, dude, do you understand what goes in.
Speaker 4: The preparation just ahead of a fight. It's crazy, which is.
Speaker 5: Why I also said, boxing to me, is the most difficult sport. It's the hardest to do. There are no timeouts. There's nobody coming to save you. If you get rocked like that, there's nothing. It's three minutes and he's trying to knock your head off.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why I laugh. And you know when people say, oh, here a bum shit the guy at the end of the bench in the NBA, Yeah, will make anybody in the park look ridiculous. Anyone we work out. I don't know if you've ever seen track. I'm talking about the like professional track athletes. Watch them workout. You think you run it, Yeah, watch them turn the time that they be turning different and to do it over and manly, I thought we was doing something mad.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know I keep people I'm looking at the chat. I think I don't know if people actually watch boxing people say, oh, oh, so you got knocked out? Oh jo, oh you got slept? Do they do Do they actually watch boxing and understand what the knockdown is? When I think every fighter has every fighter has been knocked down, Do people get that?
Speaker 2: I think they can. They confused it too, Yeah, it's not. It's not the fact of getting knocked down is getting up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's when you never when you've never been down before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, that's that's the That's the mark of a fighter. Take the situation than you when you taste that canvas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: It was good because now everybody got a play until they get hit in the mouth and they touch the canvas.
Speaker 1: But oh damn that playing Hey coach, this ain't working.
Speaker 5: Hey hey, hey, hey, And I told you my my my dumb ass. I go down right, I get up? You know my football mentality. You know, somebody hit me good, you know, playing football, the first thing I do.
Speaker 1: I get up?
Speaker 4: Hey? What good?
Speaker 1: Hit? What?
Speaker 5: And should I get off the canvas? And I'm sitting there trying to dap dude up in the middle of the ring. He's like, hey man, we gotta keep fighting. Man, you can't do that here my bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because here's the thing. If I lay on the ground or they're gonna be talking, it's to you. So you got to you got to jump up, even if it's.
Speaker 1: Like damn, that was a good. Yeah. You ain't do nothing that it hurt. I'll be right back like, hey, hey club breaking the little Lord, Little Lord next time now.
Speaker 4: But oh man, that was that was fun. That was fun.
Speaker 2: Caitlyn Clark dropped twenty two, but fever fall again till the Liberty remain win as the results may be the same, but the loss was the most promising performance ya. Kaitlyn Clark finished twenty two points on nine of seventeen, shooting four to ten from the three, the most points and her most efficient game of a young pro career while adding eight to sais six turnovers. I mean, see, excuse me, six rebounds one still committing eight turnovers. She took a hard scream from Stewart with nobody nobody surprised by that. But and see, this is what Dona Trossi was talking about. It's because there's a learning curve. Everybody's not coming in like candas Parker and winning the MVP as a rookie, because first of all.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: Ain, they got to communicate that man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I ain't communicating. Shit, Eh, excuse me, Your guy better do that. That's your guy responsibility.
Speaker 4: I got to know if the screen coming, just yeah, screen, screen, screek you you know.
Speaker 5: The only reason it's the only reason I know now, And you know because I only reason I know that is because when we play on Pepper Part, which I'm doing tomorrow morning, them boys out there running plays. So if somebody coming to pick and scream me, I got my dude, my homie, Hey what ohhoe the screen coming?
Speaker 4: Screen screen screen or the man? They let me know. So I'm like, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Early on Twitter.
Speaker 5: I'm like, wait a minute, why teammates ain't yelling out screen? So then and then Twitter and Twitter told me, well, there's a reason she went first, because the fever obviously aren't that good. But listen, communication is a part of any sport, any sport you play, you got to call it out and let the teammate know, or she got to keep it. She got so many other things going on the head. One people say you got to keep your head on a swipper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right, You're right on your right.
Speaker 4: And it lets you know something is coming.
Speaker 2: Like talk to me, well, hey that was next time they have it, I'm slapping out of you. Don't nothing, Don't nothing hurt worse than when you walk into something unexpected. You walk into the wall, you walking to the door, you don't expect it, and you walking back. Think about you walking on the street and you walking It's like, damn, hold.
Speaker 4: On, hold on, hold on, let me let me how about this one though. Ain't nothing worse than being in the house.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you're going to the bathroom and hit that piggy toe on the on the edge of the wall when you're trying to turn the corner.
Speaker 1: Who in the hotel room?
Speaker 2: I just get mad. I just want to tell that hotel room up. I said, y'all, don't even know how close I came to tear this room up, cause I'm sure it'd be dark. You not familiar, Like I can pretty much go to the bathroom in the dark in my own house because I made that trip a thousand times. Yeah, you know you're running the hotel man. Oh your oh jo man, I went to the bathroom the other night. I go, I peeing on the toilet. I peeled all over the floor. I said, hey, oho, I said, I cleaned that up in the morning.
Speaker 1: I went to me I had the thing because I remember that. I remember earlier.
Speaker 2: You know how they have the picture over the toilet, right, man, I don't walk into the shower, thought that was that was the picture.
Speaker 1: I said, I get that in the morning. I'm sorry. Hey see, that's why I be leaving. That's why I be leaving the.
Speaker 2: Clean up ladies sixty and eighty dollars because I know, hey, I live in the mid man.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's why I liked to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Hey, you go downstairs, I stay upstairs, or I go downstairs cause o Joe, in the middle of the night, I ain't trying to do no aiming.
Speaker 4: Right you just yeah, just just just in and out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, IM trying to get a sleep because I ain't got to turn the line because you know, if you turn the light on, this over for me. If I turn the light on, yeah, I ain't going back to sleep rest of the night. If it's one o'clock, two o'clock, I'm stilling you up. Yeah, I'm up. Okay, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry the house.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry about that. But uh, that was that was That was Jordan. He was the room fourteen oh seven. His name was Jordan Barbera.
Speaker 1: That was him. That was him. So y'all want to charge a little extra for clean up his rule. I ain't even mad at you, guys. Yeah. Oh Joe, she she look. I think she's gonna be great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's a learning curve that comes along with this. It's just like, I mean, they've been very I mean there's some rookies. I mean, there's a learning curve for Kobe, there was a learning curve for a lot of guys. There are very few guys that come in that's ready to play, like a seven eight eighteen year old Lebron or like a twenty one year old Michael Jordan Norman. There's learning curve for rookies. Oh you got a guy like a Tim Duncan. I mean, but Tim Duncan's Tim Duncans.
Speaker 1: The guys like that. They don't grow on trees.
Speaker 2: Like There's been one player in w NBA history that was rookie of the year and MVP her name was Kandas Parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody know how great Trannis Parker was.
Speaker 2: So to think that that that Caplin Clark was gonna come in and just replicate that into what the twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven year history of the WNBA, then one one think about all the great players just come in after her, the Stewards, the Tarasseis, the Maya Moors, the Simone Augustus, none of them did that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she's gonna get better as time goes, especially get we listen and also once she gets acclimated to the game ten of the game, yeah, either see and when the game starts to become slow and it slows down for her, then we're going to see a replication of what she was doing at Iowa. How long that takes, it's all on her.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: The difference is she's had a lot of turnovers. See the stuff that she could get away with in college, you can't.
Speaker 1: Get away with that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Everybody's athleticly at a little bit better, a little faster, athletically gifted, So you're not gonna be able to get away most most of that stuff you did did in college.
Speaker 2: Think about oo, how you could run our route, be lazy with it, Be lazy with our rout in the NFL, and see what happened to it? De Sanders going the other way. Okay, you can't be lazy with no route. These guys are to even the worst corner.
Speaker 4: You get lazy with a route going the other way.
Speaker 1: It's really simple.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman sometimes offensive lineman in college they so much better. Oh, they just dominate them guys. Look at Tony Manderich. He was dominating guys in college. Boy got got to the NFL and couldn't block the sun out of his eyes.
Speaker 1: But it was good.
Speaker 2: Terrible, oh, Joe. And when you that big, when you're an offensive lineman and you that big, what they gonna put you at o? Yo. See, if you're a defensive lineman, I can move you to the offense because you got a mentality.
Speaker 1: I can just teach you some technique. If you're an offensive lineman, you ain't gonna be no but a big ass equipment manager.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You could be six ft four, handed out towels in washing fans for you.
Speaker 4: In a way, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yet, So it's a it's a different mindset from college to the NF to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Whatever the level.
Speaker 2: Oh so when they hear say there's levels to this, Yes, yeah, you go to the Louis Baton store. There's some bags that's out, you can grab them, some bags in that glass case. It's still the same Lewis store. But there's levels to this. Yeah, that's all I'm saying. But she's doing Hey, she's getting better. You see, the first game she got cut to cut down on some of those turnovers because the stuff that you were trying in college.
Speaker 1: The women ain't gonna let you get away with that. M m.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen. But congratulations, kayla ay. We know you have won a game yet, but it's coming. It's coming. Oh yeah. Oh they play again, Hold on, they play again on Monday night. Don't they done to play the Connecticut Suns. Y'all need to get the Suns.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, as ask right there by you, Yeah, ask ash when Atlanta the Atlanta team play.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Atlanta. I'm going to Atlanta Sunday for three days. When is that?
Speaker 5: If they have a next home game? When the next home game Atlanta dream? Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be an Atlanta dream.
Speaker 1: Player right now. When the next time they play after.
Speaker 4: Tonight at home, I'm gonna I'm gonna try try to catch a game.
Speaker 1: The twenty first, which is Tuesday. You're gonna be dowme being gay.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go to them game. I'm me and real Me and Rel We're gonna we're gonna go to the game.
Speaker 2: Then, Oh, okay, before we go on with the news cap, as said, y'all ordering up a storm of nightcap merch, so we really really appreciate that. Make sure you use tonight's special code as long as we're on Nightcap is on Saturday twenty or additional twenty percent off. We've got twenty three thousand in the chat right now. Because I love you so much, We're going to include a free Nightcap mug with the next ten orders.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, Joe, hold on, whoa come on, man?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 5: Time out of time, out of time? So how you going to allow the people to get a Nightcap mug? Before I even got my own mug, and I'm part of the show and I was begging for the mug.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been three weeks ago. I ain't got my goddamn mug.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I do.
Speaker 4: You don't even drink coffee the way I drink coffee.
Speaker 2: I'll be willing to swap you. I'll send you a case of Nightcap mug if you send me the Webby.
Speaker 5: Now, go ahead and keep that muggle. You keep that mug, You keep that mug. Hey, I got, I got my Webby up in the case. No, sir, oh, I thought, asked.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Ash was out Ash and now we've been traveling was in New York with Meen, so she hadn't have an opportunity to get that to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, what about my other war behind you?
Speaker 1: Uh you're talking about the nats of War?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I need I need that too, I need that synopsis. They say, well the start mm hmm, it's not coming. That's all right, it's all right, that's all right. We're gonna be at many more award shows, yes, in the future, and I'm gonna make sure i'm leaving.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving with my own, we own award.
Speaker 2: We got, we got the Shorty awards, but we're not going to those. We got the Shorty. The short Awards coming up Wednesday. Where you can go what because.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I'm gonna get my I'm to get my in Vegas.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Okay, you tell me where the Shorty Awards are. I'm gonna go on behalf of both of us. Okay, Okay, yeah, I need I need my award.
Speaker 1: Uh okay the next so we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Do make sure Okay, we appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're using Tonight's special code Saturday twenty for an additional twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: We got twenty three thousand people in the chat.
Speaker 2: Let's make sure y'all go hit that light button and hit that subscribe button because we love y'all. I mean, we really, really truly love you guys, and we appreciate the support that you've shown us since September. The next ten orders will receive one of these, a nightcap coffee mug. Oh, Joe don't even have them yet. So that's right, you heard. The next ten orders. Not only do you get twenty percent off, you get a free coffee mug. Guys, we appreciate that also, O Yoe, I don't know if you saw track and field today, but sending them a glock that laid down a blistering time.
Speaker 1: She went twenty two oh seven and the open two hundred. She beats some a Gally Thomas. Yeah, yeah, see it.
Speaker 4: That added the two hundred to us.
Speaker 2: You're working on she's working on speedwork because you know, a film cabowl. They've been hyping film cabol In the four hundred, she said, I'm gonna come back. Y'all know who this feels. I'm sitting in mc Blockton, McLachlin, lavrony. If I'm not mistaken. I think she mad a good friend of mine, Kevin Labroney. He was a professional bodybuild. I think that's his nephew. Look here, y'all need to stop. I'm one of the most versatile women in the history of track and field.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all. Errika Jackson can make a case to that.
Speaker 2: Serrika Jackson has won medals at the four hundred to two hundred and one hundred, but Sidney got a gold got a gold medal at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: She got the silver medal. If I'm not mistaken in the open four uh and so could she win? She went twenty two oh seven, and she and she she came.
Speaker 4: Up to turn.
Speaker 2: It was a rap, wasn't he? Abb Steiner was in that race. We know abvid Steiner who's run I think twenty one eight. Gabby Thomas has won twenty one sixty five, and she blew the doors off them. So I would I be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaby, if the CID went sub fifty in the foe, she might be the only woman she Right now, matter reena Coke world record of forty seven sixty in the open forts. They've only been two women to ever go sub forty eight in the four hundred. Right, there's a check. She has the world record in the eight hundred meters. She went forty seven ninety nine. Matter Renal Coke went forty seven sixty. I think Sid has the ability to go sub forty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most definitely. Listen, I didn't even know Sid had the foot speed. I know she had the strength for the four hundred, she had the strength for the eight. And her kick is unbelievable. Yeah, four hundred, four hundred hurdles. You know how strong you gotta be? You?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hurdles and hey and.
Speaker 2: My guy nephew, Rob Benjamin, congratulations on you a world leading time forty six sixty four and win the four hundred.
Speaker 1: He just went.
Speaker 2: Allison Do Santos went forty six eighty six. Last week he dropped it down to forty six sixty four. Now we haven't seen the Viking run. The Norwegian Carston Warholme, he's the only man to go sub forty six in the four hurdles. And when we thought, I remember when a young Kevin Young in ninety two he went forty six seventy six. I was like man and it took him what ninety two? So it took him about twenty two, about twenty two years, twenty one years to go that. He took it even further. So could I we possibly see another world record with the way Dos Santos is running, the way Rise running, and we know Carston Warholme, he loved to take the race out and say come catch him if you can. So could we see another world record? Yes, I expect to see a world record. And the women four hundred, I believe said can go below fifty sixty eight.
Speaker 4: You know where she went to school?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Who said you with the Kentucky yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah was her coach. Well she got Bobby Kursey. Now we know Bobby Cursey. A Bobby Cursey hadn't ready to run. Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah some adult. You know that's my daughter, right she in Kentucky? Yeah, my daughter, Yeah, she runs track a Kentucky. All those girls went to Abby Steiner went the Kentucky Ken have them with to Kentucky. Machyo Quinn co Maacho Quinn uh j c Q went to Kentucky. Oh they hey, they got him, you know, yeah, they real dim. But I just wanted to give a shout out to Sidney mcglockton ran to a lifetime best in the two hundred meters.
Speaker 4: That's not a spratulation, said.
Speaker 2: Twenty two o seven Rod Benjamin with forty six sixty four into four hurdles.
Speaker 1: Uh. Like I said, I'm expecting world records.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think the world record in both events gonna fall.
Speaker 2: Okay, now it's tied by very, very very first segment of the day news camp Hey, the Chiefs facing then president the schedule. No NFL team has faced in nearly a century. Casey is hoping to become the first team to secure an elusive feat winning three consecutive Super Bowls, the path will be difficult one. Even for Kansas City. No team has even made a Super Bowl appearance, much less won the game after winning the past two Super Bowls. The closest the forty nine Ers lost in the AFC NFC Championship Game. If I'm not mistaken, I think they lost thirteen ten. I just lost to the Giants. That was the year the Giants ended up beating Buffalo with the wide, wide right kick. But there's an expected element, oh joe. The Chiefs will play on six different days of the week. They'll become the first team to do so since the nineteen twenty seven New York Yankees. According to the NFL research, the Chiefs will become the first team in the Super Bowl era to play a Sunday night game, a Sunday game, a Monday game, a Wednesday game, Thursday game, a Friday game, and a Saturday game. I think they got like three games, don't They got like three games in like fifteen days. Yeah, I think they got a stretch, Oh joe. I think it's like a couple of teams that got that got that kind of got that schedule like that. But they play a Monday, A Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Speaker 1: They sound like they're playing pop Warner. That's what you doing, PLoP Warner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it damn sure does.
Speaker 5: And when I think about this, the way this scheduling is, and obviously I'm assuming, not assuming, I know, the NFL is giving them this grueling schedule, obviously the hardest schedule in the NFL amongst the other thirty one teams. Do you think the NFL is ruining a potential three pt by trying to capitalize on the Taylor Swift attendants?
Speaker 4: Do you think this has anything to.
Speaker 1: Do with it?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Are you? Why not? Okay, Joe? The NFL is a business. Yeah, what a businesses? In the judy? What a business in business to do? Make money?
Speaker 4: Make money?
Speaker 2: The most businesses are not nonprofit, nonprofit okay, this is a profit business.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, in the process these streaming services, the games on Christmas is going to be streamed on Netflix. Remember I told you these these streaming services want to be taken serious. See right, what's the way to be taken serious? I gotta have live events. Let me give me an NFL game, NFL We'll give you a hundred million. We'll give you fifty million dollars for one game. Oh y'all will okay? How about I give you too? How much you give me m There's only so many ways. There's only so many times you can do alternate jerseys, there's only so many times you can do throwbacks. There's only so many different diagram, different helmets you can do. The Really, the way to increase revenue is to give the fans. Give these networks what they want, right, more football games. The fans wanted and the networks want want to give it to them. And so Amazon, Netflix get games. Obviously the big CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: You got the big four. So now we got streaming's a YouTube. They bought the ticket.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Roger Adelle said about twenty twenty five, he was looking to have the NFL what you call him yearly revenue at twenty five billion. Right now at about twenty twenty one with a year togo, hey, right, think about what these franchises think about the value of these franchises. Remember Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys in nineteen eighty nine for about one hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 1: They're worth about nine million. Now. Yeah, so people, let me ask your home.
Speaker 2: If I told you, say, hey, put away a thousand dollars, put away ten thousand dollars and the next year, I want you to save ten thousand, and in thirty years it'll be worth fifty million.
Speaker 4: It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Be franchises.
Speaker 2: You ain't buying a franchise for less than four billion, the kind the Broncos went for four and a half. Direct the Washington scuse me, I was about to sorry, no disrespect. The Commanders went for six billion. Price ain't coming down.
Speaker 4: It's gonna It's only going to continue to increase.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville is looking the city is looking to build, help build them a one point five billion dollars state of the art.
Speaker 1: That's Jacksonville. That small mark.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, oh they own a got that owner got that bag man, yeah oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah. Absolutely all the owners got the bag. He got the bag. A lot of them they didn't start.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously you look at the you look at teams like Chicago, Virginia McCaskey, she's the daughter of George hallis a lot of them. They're a whole lot of mom and pops. This is what I'm trying to say. The earth Sades has been at it, The big webs have been at it for the most part. These a lot of these new owners came, they had other businesses, ended up buying this, you know. So you know, you look at Stan Cronky. He owned the Nuggets, He on the Aves, he owned uh uh uh, the Rams. He owned a soccer team.
Speaker 1: What do he owned? Our is Arsenal? Which which soccer team that he owned?
Speaker 4: Does he ownt? Stan got his hand in the soccer team too?
Speaker 1: Does he? What team is it? Arsenal? Arsenal Man? Staying on Arsenal, the Nuggets, the Avalanche, and the Rams too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me call Let me call staying Man. I could I could be over there playing with soccer and I'm oh the guard. I'm finna see if he'll let me all get on? Can me get Let me give me a try with Arsenal Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and you know they're building these states of art stadiums that's multiplex. They can hold concerts, they can hold track, the pulls truck mud bog and you know you gotta have multiperson because you got to do more than just play football games in the stadium to make it profitable. Yeah, you know you have the look at look at Jerry. You see what jered and then you guess what think about? Each NFL team got three hundred million dollars from TV contracts. Now that's not talking about local naming rights to your stadium. At and T probably plays Jerry Jones about twenty million dollars just to say that's what at and T stadium. Okay, now we got local TV rights, we got concession, we got parking. Jerry is the only one that has its own deal that he's not that he all the merchandise, so he prints up, somebody does something. He can put a T shirt boom, have it out to you the next day. So now so you see how profitable it is.
Speaker 4: Damn. Oh yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna watch it. It gives us. So you're gonna be busy because there's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A Sunday game, a Monday game, a Wednesday game, a Thursday game, a Friday game, a Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 1: So there's gonna be a time on show. We're gonna be seven days straight.
Speaker 4: But that's fine. Because i'm gonna be right there at the games. Don't worry about it. I'm gonna be right there. I'm ready