Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. You got the Women of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinners Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. Everybody been asking me on the lunch hour and where's Pete? And I really haven't told anybody, you know what I mean. Why I'm like, oh, he just taking a little sabbatical, you know what I'm saying, Like he'll be back, you know what I mean? Yeah, but you can tell people because this ain't for the lunch hour, this is for the regular podcast.
Speaker 3: This is for just audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I have to get back into like full time like trading trading and shit, because like I functioned in huge ebbs and flows the last couple of years, so I've made like I've tripled my money in a quarter and then like halved my money in a quarter like subsequently, So like during stretches when I like pour a bunch of money into some shit and don't have any money until it cycles back up again, I have to drive Uber. But I got kicked off the fucking platform permanently. So I joined this options trading group that goes in the mornings. But I'm new to it and I'm not throwing ten K and these option moves out of the rip like that shit's I mean, I got clobbered the first week. So I was like, yeah, if I'm to do this full time, I can't try to get in and out in the mornings with the group. So I'm like on the market all day long, trying to make more moves at smaller volumes while I learned. And I've been learning, so it's getting better. But yeah, the lunch table that happens during trading hours, so I'm unavailable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they got to just hold up till we figure it out. So what happened was because that was your numb will just mess up pay your bills time. I really tell what happened.
Speaker 3: So this is what made it even more weird. I literally would just go to the gym, which is by the airport in Miami Airport, sit there till someone was going up to for Lauderdale and then once then go to for a Lotder airport and wait till someone was coming back to Miami and go home. That was all I would do. I wasn't out all damn day and all night long pick people. I just went from one airport to the other and back. After the gym. That was it don't enough enough, I don't. I got told that I had complaints. Bear in mind, the city of Miami is a third world cluster fuck shit show, and that's more true on the roads than anywhere else. That's where it all comes. Everything comes to Jesus on the roads. These people don't know how to drive. They crash like nothing I've ever personally seen. I've driven half a million miles in Los Angeles County. I've never seen anything like this. They banned me for I got apparently that I got two complaints about unsafe driving practices. I must have used my turn signal and it scared them strange as shit.
Speaker 1: And so then what did Uber do?
Speaker 3: They just sent me a message that you go, You're done, no appeal process.
Speaker 4: That's nothing I set.
Speaker 3: In the peel and it's been over a week. Then they don't know what They're not going to turn that. I only did this to see what would happen.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna turn that shit. So we need an inside plug at Uber. So shout out to everybody who missions to No Sings podcast or the lunch tables. We need to plug inside Uber to get Pete's account overturn. Because how many stars did you have as a driver out of five?
Speaker 3: Like four point nine and then and then I got lowered to four point like eight eight, So not real bad, But I mean what I after after my spot burned down in California, I drove ten hours a day, seven days a week for three or four years in a row. Like I didn't take a night off work for like fourteen hundred days in a row. Like that's probably shortened shorten it. It was probably more mh. But like, I mean, you got me. I never I never had a complain like that. And usually even if you speed the app tracks you you get a messa say, it looks like you've been speeding lately. I hadn't had one of else. I mean, is I personally like I know what happened. A couple people I got a little impatient with because they couldn't find where I was because they they know it all, which they don't. And they go upstairs after they asked me to go downstairs and then tell me that they're downstairs. So I'm like, you're not, you're upstairs, and they get and they get all chippy, and then I tell them, go look at the sign, what's to say? Read it to me out loud, And they read to me out loud and they go, oh, I guess I'm upstairs. I go yeah, But by that time I'm pretty pissed, so they probably complained in a drive like shit, that's the only thing that could have.
Speaker 4: Happened that or twice.
Speaker 3: I only got I only saw one of them, but they said it happened twice, but they only said they can only document one, so it's whatever I mean.
Speaker 4: You never drove for Lyft.
Speaker 3: I got banned from Lift for life.
Speaker 1: Awesome, pe got banned from Twitter, and.
Speaker 3: I got banned from every every big Silicon Valley based, multi billion dollar tax.
Speaker 1: Every liberal platform possible.
Speaker 3: Basically, I got banned from Lyft though for turning down cheap rides at the airport. I didn't even do anything. I was just sitting there looking at it. I'm like, I don't want that. I don't want that. I don't want that. And they're like, you're banned for life, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Huh, happened. So again, to everybody who listens to No Sellers podcast or or come watch the Lunch Hour on YouTube if you have a plug. Pete has great driving reviews.
Speaker 3: We need you to make sure I want to be back. I didn't make more money last week than otherwise.
Speaker 1: Okay, but anyway, we need to make sure we get this off of your thing. Anyway, the option should be.
Speaker 3: Available, so if y'all it's nice to have a back safety of that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so if the option was possible, y'all can help. Please help reach out hit its own Instagram and you can help out No Seilings Podcast. What's having gl I got my brother Peter Boss, who hasn't been on the Lunch Hour but he's back for the No Seilings podcast because he does have time during the weekend and knock out the weekly podcast. I got my brother King in the house doing the laure's work. Then we off with this thing.
Speaker 3: Man, So I hope we should have put upload the video here because we finally get a chance to really see King. His camera's not so far away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can adjust that too at the studio. But then I kind of like the wide of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's cool. You've got multiple people at the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So what you were saying gave me two thoughts, and that's why I was asking, and thank you for letting me share you know what's happening. But you sent me a really dope article and a lot of those same things. I was thinking, you know what I mean in that article, and the article just talked about how America kind of how the elite and the most successful people in America realized they could even make more money, you know what I mean, and they decided to sell out the average American citizen for their own personal glory. But one of the things I remember about it in this conversation or in this article specifically, and I want the address in this conversation was where they talked about trading in production for service. Yes, like in the industry for service. I read it to King too. That's the crazy part. I read it to King.
Speaker 4: Want to say, what, so that's the article you read to me?
Speaker 1: Was driving? Yeah, I've read it to King because I just wanted to hear him and you could tell it with somebody much more educated in it than I am, right, because honestly, intellect will get you far. You can't overstep the ability to think and process because you're lacking information. But some of this stuff feels a little obvious, right, And one of those things I thought about was, you know, America was a much better place. It might have been a little bit more racist, but it was a much better place in the fifties and sixties, where the average everyday American can go down to a factory, you know, and start to sacrifice their dreams per se right to buy a house, take care of their family, and put their kids through school. And they convinced every anybody in America that you were going to become a part of marketing or like service. And that's what I thought about when when you taught me everything that was happening with you with uber, where I was like, damn, this is exactly that type of thing where it's now just a service thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the economy shift happened on like I got hit in the face with that when I was twenty four, when the entire when like a generations model of like how corporate sales worked shifted like on a dime in two thousand and eight, and everybody went to like this weird like ten ninety nine commission only sales jobs, or you were either making two hundred grand or you were getting like no money, or they were hiring it.
Speaker 1: And that's what I was thinking about. I was thinking about that specifically, like that's one of those things where you know, like the concept of convenience is ruined the quality of life. Like I watched Dave Chapelle, I'm a huge fan of Da Chapelle, like a huge, huge fan of Day Chapelle. And he was saying, like, we don't want those jobs. And he was talking about making shoes, and I'm like, Yo, that's not the job he's talking about, right, he's talking about like if Trump, if we're talking about Trump is like he's talking about the industry jobs and how everybody in America felt, oh, we were done with those jobs. But whole nations are building, you know, their whole economy off of those same exact like opportunities. Sure, And what I'm missing, Pete, like, how do they convince the industry? How do they convince America? Like America? Why can't America see it? Now? Like? What am I missing? That makes it so hard for the average everyday American to understand.
Speaker 3: That understand the fact that offshoring the productive industry sector had ramifications for probably a third to forty percent of the quality of life of working Americans.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think like how could politics? How could politics make Americans somehow not notice that this was something driven by politics?
Speaker 3: Look, people with politics, I mean, and it isn't a lot of senses driven by politics in multiple ways. I mean, I think that like you look at the agricultural and like ranching sectors in the United States, which those supported lots of people for a long time. You know, they've become very consolidated. They don't support as many peoples they used to. And a lot has to do with the fact that other other countries, I mean, like like all of the trade war stuff, people don't think. People think, oh, Donald Trump's firing off tariff bombs at every country in the world or whatever, Like he's basically shooting back with fifty percent of the tariffs that they have on us, just about like fifty two percent, it seems like. So that means even if there's not a market for certain things here that we could make, there might be a market for them elsewhere, but it's not even cost effective to send them out. So that's problematic. I think people also just figured in reality, like a lot of poys looked at it, well, Okay, who cares. If everything gets cheaper and you make a little bit less money, you'll be able to afford it because it's all so much cheaper. I think that's the ultimate like frame of reference for people in their understanding of consumer globalism.
Speaker 1: Do they not see that you don't have money, so these need to be cheaper, Like how could they miss that obvious fact?
Speaker 3: Now they part of that like as a car guard peak.
Speaker 1: Like one thing you hear about I've always heard over the last forty years, right this is now we're going back to my teenage years, right is I've always heard like, oh man, this stuff made in China, Like that's a reference of bad quality. Sure like historically, now I don't know if that's being prejudiced, but historically I've read for companies that was true. Yeah, I get it because you don't want to just say that, but I understand why it's that way. So like if prime example, shout out to Airflow Research. Airfrs are like my favorite cylinder heads when it comes to drag racing cars. They just got a free commercial. It's like one of the best heads ever, cetldar heads. If you want to make your car make more power, AFFR Airflow Research best cetlder heads and racing as far as GM stuff for stuff, just really great company. They have a head now, right that's like a head for an LS motor, a cylinder head, and it's like a it's like cheap. It's like twelve hundred dollars for set for like a five to three. Well, five to three is like the equivalent of a modern three twenty seven. But the new motors and chevrolets, they you know, they don't title them in cubic inch anymore. They have a set of heads for those that run twelve hundred. Now, this is like, by far the cheapest head Airflow Research ever had. And I'm asking a buddy of minds. Now, I have a really good friend who actually designed the Airflow Research heads, which is crazy, Like, this is how long I've been in the racing. This is how much I'm into it. A buddy of minds who helped me do my head race card, right, is actually the guy who designed the heads for Airflow Research. And he said, he said, but why these head so cheap? I asked him. I was like, man, it's my lowrider for my five three. He said, man, glasses, those heads are junk. Like what you mean they junk? He's like, man, their heads made in China. I'm like, damn, airflow heads fucking made in China. This is fucking crazy. He's like, all the airflow heads are made in China. Right, he said. The difference is they would get the cast done in China and then they would ship them here and then do the actual detailed labor to get the quality that we expect from airflow research. And I heard the other day in like the person's market, right in the bag market for women's purses, they're doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So right now, it's almost like the organic thing. You could say made in America. If you assemble it in America. That means the actual material could be cast in China or made in China, as long as you assemble part of it in America, a specific part of it in America.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Beef yep.
Speaker 1: So it becomes legal terms versus what the actual term means.
Speaker 3: I think if you cut the beef in the United States, it can be USDA beef. The cow didn't have to be from here, not that it probably matters all that much where the hell cow's eating grass, but there are certain standards, yeah, as to the grass and the environment and all the rest, and it matters for us rancher.
Speaker 1: So it's like all of this stuff that I'm figuring out is now making Trump look a lot less crazy to me. Like, imagine being on the other end of that right, and taking advantage of everything. You know, like and you have enough information to take advantage of it. But you're like, man, I'm telling you, y'all think this is cool, but look at this. This is bullshit. This is this, this is that, And that's been his thing. I remember the first debate he had with Hillary Clinton, a viral clip where he was saying, that's.
Speaker 3: Somebody accused him of like paying off politicians or something when he was in you know, developing buildings or whatever. And he says, yeah, because otherwise nothing could ever get done. He's like, you have to do that, otherwise you're never going to get a permit. I had to contribute to Hillary Clinton's Senate campaign. That's why she came to my kid's wedding. Something along those lines. And it's that's that's been his kind of mo o and that is very true, and I think a lot of the issues now are The name of this book that I read last year was a great book. Guilder's latest book called Life After Capitalism. We are in a post like people like to people I think think getting money means capitalism. We are in a very post capitalist global economy. The regulations are so great on so many levels, not only like what you can and can't do, but financially how you can and can borrow international trade tariff deals where you have to do certain things certain way all the time. It's there's not a robust free market where you can just have the drive, have the idea, raise some money and go. It's not. That's not the world we live in right now.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that shit just blowing me away, Like some shit could be made in China. It's cast in China, but because they'll work on it here, they could say this is made in America.
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 1: Or like I was telling King about organic, like organic is more of a legal term than actually what you would think that means. It goes back to that same letter in spirit of the law, like the spirit of organic what makes you think is grown naturally? But that may not be the letter of what organic means or USDA means, or made in America means.
Speaker 4: Not very true, That's all I was just reading just now where USDA got a certification program that they do with other countries for organic fruits and vegetables. It's got to meet their certain requirements. In other companies in USD would live them say it's made in US.
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 3: Organic?
Speaker 4: Is there's some.
Speaker 3: Slippery language I think in all the organic laws. To a guy talk about that, who's one of the big grower is it one of the heads of the big grower associates, like you know, they have co ops in the Central Valley in California, and saying like some of you organic, you might like there's a period of time like any pesticide made before or after whatever can't be organic. So people use these old archaic ways to kill bugs that are actually like less healthy than some of the modern pesticides because you know, to a loophole in this organic certification process, people still don't want bugs.
Speaker 1: So how could polit seems to be so good that people miss something that seems so obvious to me? Right, Pete, I'm probably the most racist person you know, top of ten, I gotta be up there. I'm hello racist, But how can I see the obviousness of what the fuck this motherfuck or people talking about in general? Like how can I it be that obvious to me but to everybody else who's supposed to be less races or not into politics, Like I don't get that shit. You know what I mean, I don't get it. I don't understand how. I'm like, it looks pretty obvious to me. Is it possible? It is different, But you would think that what's happening makes sense. It's like, okay, well you need to bring productivity back to America. Yeah, it may not look like it looked in the sixties technology, right, but you still have more jobs here that would help more people here so they could have more money here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And look, anytime something bad has happened, even small bad, there's a lot of protected from ever happening again, you know. And like one thing I've noticed it it's harder to afford a house. Will create some sort of federal program where you can put three percent down at whatever rate, and that drives up the price of the house because you don't have to have very much money down to get the house, so you're making less of money. The house is more expensive. So you're paying off the house for yees thirty years, and you have a raiser with you know, cost of living margin for thirty years, and you're dependent now on your stock portfolio to support you for the rest of your life. And you're just transit. People are just walking through like a turnstile at a department store going from mortgage to reverse mortgage, because when it's talking to you to retire, you got to take all the money out of that house, reverse mortgage it out, and live off your four o one k because the stocks in it all went up seven percent over the course of the previous two decades because they cut costs to increase you know, their bottom line margins and drive up the price of stock. So that that's most Americans, like the high part of the Bell curve is mortgage four oh one k extremely dependent on the you know, basically the index aggregate performances of Wall Street and huge companies. And that's true with like especially like government employees with huge pensions. They're very buoyed to the market. And that's a lot of like, like I know, Black Rock has trillions of dollars, like trillions and trillions of dollars in their of their portfolio of assets in management that are government employee pension funds. So it's just borrow money now, drive the prices of equities, tie your retirement and your net worth into these equities, deal with it later, and you know, will inflate the dollar, will increase the debt will do all these various things, will offshore jobs, you'll make relatively less money, things will cost relatively more, and in the back end you'll be fine and your kids will have your same problem a little worse.
Speaker 4: But go on, hey, Pete, how does that affect the poor people that's not buying into pensions at work and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Not well, I mean, I guess the argue would say, like if you were really poor and didn't have a job to pay you very much money before, you probably wouldn't have a job pay you much money now. Not a huge change, but for there is a significant check of people who went from being an auto workers' union to being a part time waiter now at two diners or something like that. You know, and that's a that is a real number. That is a lot of people, and that is a beating of a lifestyle change.
Speaker 4: How do you reverse that?
Speaker 3: That's kind of like what they're trying to do now. I mean, you can try to ensure more production, I think, I mean, we even outsourced a lot of production of military hardware, which that's governing money. There's no reason that should be cent overseas. No, we have contracts with India and stuff like that. I mean, just from a you know, civil responsibility standpoint, if you're gonna take tax dollars to manufacture thing, you should at least manufactured here. Fuck, it seemed like a real.
Speaker 1: High bar, and that's what's driving me crazy. Like I'm okay, So what I'm starting to understand is there's my belief is so I am I genuinely feel not could be Obviously I need to do more research. I'm I'm a socialist, right, yes, but I also believe in humans doing right by humans. Like I think if the government is forced to do right by humans, then that comes a communist society. Does that makes sense? Is that is that? I'm sure it's more difference, but like people like Hershey huh said, it's probably less difference. Okay, but like people like Milton Hershey right, where like you have a good idea, you create town, right, you you bring people in, you take care of people future, and you're wealthy and developing human life, you know, human lives, human experience, cultivating human experiences, not just your customer, but even the people that for you, right, which is why we have Hershey's right. This is this great chocolate company and you know not that I but really the greatest part of this legacy to me, it's Hershey, Pennsylvania, right where you created a town where you you you got human beings into careers, You built schools, You built an opportunity for other you men who are not in your position or you know, to be able to take care of their families. That's to me like what wealthy means, right, it's a well of things you build in humans. So it's weird when like people keep trying to get me to adjust my mind state of like this personal independence, like, oh, you know, you just live aspirationally. You know, the way to help black people is to show them you could do it and then they'll figure out they could do it. And I'm like, that's dumb as fuck, you know what I mean, Like I'm from a gang. Bro Like, y'all know I'm from a gang. Everybody listens, No siblings knows that from a gang. But yeah, right, So I remember talking to my homies and looking at their opportunities and how they saw the world. My homeboy, Moto rest Is Soul, dropped out in like fifth or sixth grade. His mom, you know, rest in Peaces. Soone his mom was on you know, she got she caught the worst of the crack erar right, Pops, I don't know, because Pops, I never met him. You know, I've been knowing Moto since he was probably seven or eight, right, But I just looked at our experiences. Right, my mother and father broke up. But my mother, my dad, and my stepmom, you feel me, they had a solid home. Neither one of them, you know, fell victim to the crack air. My mother, you know, had her own home and content. She didn't fall victim to the crack air. So I look at my foundation and things to keep me going, staying in school, and obviously my mom goes to the FEDS right when I'm a teenager. My father got a lot of kids. He's trying to take care of the house, you know. And it was just a small moment of time that I was able to slip off end of selling drugs, which kind of created my level of street life. And I look at his life and realized to myself, like, yo, he never had a chance. So I don't care how successful I How could I help him? Aspirationally, Like if I can't reach out, like shout out to my homeboy Snoopy, my homeway Junior Junior right now, got about ten years in prison, one of my closest homeboys. He my young homeboy, and we're talking. We're texting every day.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: They have a tablet in there. He's using a tablet and I'm like, man, what you're gonna do when you come home? He's like, man, I don't know. Now. Mayu Junior is working on forty. He not quite forty, but he's working on forty. To me, that's the Milton Hershey thing, like what drives me to get better at what we do? Right king in his music industry and trying to redefind it is the first time my homeboy. Look, Jay came on. Jerome came on from prison after doing fifteen years. He's back in prison now. But Jerome aka scaff Right Scavenger, Look Jay, he comes home and he needs a career. He doesn't need a job. He needs a career to keep him busy, to keep him into things. Because again he was raised by his grandparents. You know, it's a separation of time. It's harder for grandparents to stay on kids, like it's hard for my mom and dad had to stay on their grandkids. You know, that's why you know my sister Edon is so important that she got to stay on them. So nothing I did aspirationally helps scab or look, you know, drown. Nothing I can do aspirationally is going to help Moto rest is soul. Nothing. In real time, it didn't matter how Sobro was. It didn't matter if I was making money, It didn't matter none of that stuff, because his problems was his problems. The only thing that could have helped him if I had a fucking factory and they could say, hey man, you know at this time, hey Moto, I can give you sixty thousand dollars a year at a time in watch, you can get the house and watch for ninety thousand dollars. Right, that's a seven hundred dollars mortgage payment at that time. Right, he could have had five thousand dollars a month before taxes, maybe forty one hundred or thirty nine hundred at of the taxes, we could have bought a house and moved on with his life. Same thing for little Jay Junior right now, Junior, who's like I said, he's like, I don't know what I'm gonna do, right, because he dedicated so much much time. And that is what being a great human is all about. It's not about me personally going out making a bunch of money that I don't need. It means how you take care of other humans. Same conversation that we've had often, right, being humane is caring for other humans. And these are three certain homies. They all three different. Junior situation is different than Little J situation, lit J Jeronskaff his situation was different than Moto situation. But aspirational don't help shit nothing, And I gotta figure it out because he's probably three years in counting. Feel me like on what to do. People can't understand why you feel tasked by that. That's what hip hop or gangbang it really is. It's the burden of humans. That's what being a good human is. It's the burden of humans. So when I watch America or you know, it empowers the elite to say, hey, you know, make your money how you want. We want to open up a global economy, and you trade on you trade in people having to be good to who lives next door to them for their own personal aspiration of world conquests and world conquests and economics and they could just go to China and take advantage of some other people when you just outlawed the same thing in this country. It just seems counterproductive, if that, If that makes sense, forgive me for that. Hella not true.
Speaker 3: It's a past the buck kind of approach.
Speaker 1: Just passing the buck. Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know. China's economy is not the most transparent, so I really don't know as much about it as i'd want to to make the assessments that I want to make. Like, I know, they have the weaker thing going on, and that's pretty brutal. Their entire manufacturing economy is not the weakers and they have pulled a lot of people out of I mean, that was a poor, poor, poor country. They were too poor to feed their people in the fifties, Like they lost eighty million people, Like they were poor. So they've they've had some growth trajectory, but still, I mean, like I think they're a little over twenty trillion as a GDP for their country. Their population is a little old, that's about one point what three or four trillion, So I think they're.
Speaker 1: Like I got they don't have a treating people here.
Speaker 3: Sorry, billion I'm sorry, trillions and billions in the field.
Speaker 1: Because because I got to stay up moment, you fucking mynds, you changed that.
Speaker 3: They had a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: If you think about all of those countries, uh, China, India, it's those are really poor or places, but a lot of them are lifting the country out of those type of devastations through industry. True, yet we sold our industry out, like, except the America is okay. So there's one part of America, right, the elite benefiting economically, and then the regular everyday American. Right, they're like just getting a cheaply made, cheaply priced product. Yeah, Like I was telling King, we made we made a deal for this merch piece that we were about to drop for the single, right for the single that's about to come out in a couple of weeks, and like my whole thing, Like I told King, Like, the original price of this jacket was like one hundred dollars, right, that was the price because I thought we was gonna be in a jacket forty fifty dollars, right, We end up probably be in a jacket a little less than forty dollars. So I'm like, we don't need to make more fifty dollars, so we're gonna pass the savings. You know, we're gonna pass the savings onto the customer. That's I believe in it. I didn't look at it like, Okay, well we might be in the jacket now instead of forty and fifty bugs. We might be in a jacket's thirty dollars, but now we're gonna make seventy dollars. It's like, no, we could let the price of the jacket now to seventy five or eighty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Sure, And typically, I mean usually that's how things work. I mean, like retail has what about a like a three x markup. It's kind of industry standard, but it's very competitive. So if you have something that's like if somebody's ties specific, like the glasses of Alone brand, you're not price competing against somebody else's glasses of Alone brand, you know what I mean. So it's a different consideration. But yeah, I know what you mean. Like one thing's interesting, like some you talk about like India and China and whatnot. Before a lot of this transition was we're gonna I think a lot of people believed it's fine, we'll just move into more of a of an information economy. Yeah, we'll even be on service there, like a technology based economy. Remember I think it was Hillary Clinton kind of got a little razz a little bit. This might have been eight in the primary against Obama. I can't remember memories I could, But the whole learn to code thing, Yeah, we're gonna, yeah, we're gonna shut down coal plants and you'll lose all your jobs, but you'll learn the code. Which if you said to somebody who's forty five years old and we're gonna coal mine for twenty years, that's just unbelievable. But there was a surge in programmers and demand on shore in the United States, and they were paying a lot of money. And how do we respond to that by bringing in tens of thousands of H one B visas from India to come and bring that price right the fuck back down and take the jobs.
Speaker 1: But and then it's also weird, like you'll call a company bro and you'll ask to speak to an operator, and you could tell the it's somewhere cheap.
Speaker 3: But they always have American names and lie about it. That's that's really finny Otho. This is Gerald. But they'll have like their access. They'll say like the most like like America, not like l Pool. Your name is not Gerald, Yeah it's Danesh. Come on, you're on Dennis Danesh. I don't care. I just want to know.
Speaker 1: It's just so clear that this country is said, you know what's funny, shout out to my old g homies. Right. Look, again, I hear a lot of rumors about game mag and I always try to clear it that for people with everybody's being then asshole and they think they know even though I'm a gang member, I'm like a real gang member. I'm a real gang member that socialized with a lot of gang members to this day. For me again, so it's like I don't think people understand, like, you know, you can go eat breakfast with gang members, you know what I mean. You play chess, you know, people build cars. Everybody's not just stealing pursons or murdering people. It's very much people that grew up in their community. And I just was thinking to myself, like, man, my homies had a great idea with the economy when it came to hustling. You bought your product right from one of your older homies and then you sold it right there. The dollar recycled in the seven two or three times before it left. That's why our economy was so great. And it didn't start to fall the power until people started going around the older homies trying to buy from somebody else to save some money, when they didn't realize this is what powers the economy. There was a time bro seventh Street crypt might have one hundred hundred and fifty people. That was a time that was thirty low riders. Like you know there's big sixties at that time didn't have thirty low riders. It's a thousand of the motherfuckers six old did not have thirty low riders. We had low riders. That's how great our economy did. That's why my respect from my older homie Pluck is so grand. He was actually a really great kind of president of the community. That don't mean nothing because he had homies that had as much power, but he did a better job of running it that way. And I realized why, like, yeah, I could go get this gallon of shrine from this dude from Grave Street for seventy five hundred, and Pluck is gonna charge me eighty five hundred. But guess what, that extra thousand stay right on the seven. He gonna create other opportunities for other homies who not hustling. He'll put money on other homies books. It made sense. Why don't Americans get the same thought? Because it shit kills me?
Speaker 3: Because anymore, because because we'll buy anything. It would be the equivalent to if the consumers of the products from the seven just didn't give a shit, if shut stuff was water down and crappy and just bought it from the other side of croosis, just said, fuck it, five dollars cheaper over there it's shitty. Who cares. We'll just buy a shitty shit and lots of it.
Speaker 4: But where'd that mentality come from?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Like would build that mentality, you know in the years where you're willing to buy you know, subpart ship from somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I think people, if something is so good and it's expensive and you can't afford it, that's like it internally troubling, you know what I mean, that's a hard pill to swallow. Someone else has a thing it's really nice. I'd love to have that thing. I just can't get it.
Speaker 4: So you can buy the next best team.
Speaker 3: So you'd buy the second best thing. Yeah okay, and there's always going to be more people than they can afford the second best thing than the best thing. And then before you know what, the people who got the best thing or got the money for the best thing, you know something, And I think that's fine, now I got it. Let's get that. I'll save the money. And then the guy makes the nicest thing goes out of.
Speaker 4: Business because then the trend thing kicks in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, look at the American car. Look at how great the American sedan was in nineteen sixty five and how shitty the American sedan was in nineteen eighty five after the camera came and changed the market.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because when you go to Germany, bro, everybody has a bands because you can't like it. It's like a cheap car.
Speaker 3: You can't sell anything except German cars in Germany. I mean, you couldn't.
Speaker 1: Any American cars.
Speaker 3: You're right, Yeah, they've been talking about that. It's a triple digit tariff on US autobiles to Germany.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's why when you go to Japan, the only people who have American cars are low riders. They're paying the luxury tax to have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or they're buying them really really cheap and redoing them so that the teriff doesn't matter, or they're buying I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, they they're buying it from the streets, so they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as I said, it's different when it's private party than than yeah, business.
Speaker 1: But you don't see American cars in Japan. I didn't see American cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Japan has a has a two hundred plus I think percent tariff on American cars very high.
Speaker 1: But like that's crazy, But so how do so is the freedom the prisoner at that point that we think is freedom in is? Like how does that make sense? Like like I could, like I want to ask my dad, like what it was like for him. My dad probably got his driver license in sixty five, maybe even sixty. He would have been fifteen and sixty two, so sixty three he was sixteen. I wonder how many import cars were on the road in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: Three, leadership. I don't even think compared to like luxury American sedans. I don't even think Mercedes were that nice at that time. It pretty much would have been just Rolls, Royce Bentley and then Ferrari and Porsche.
Speaker 1: But like now you don't. Even if you walk outside your house and you walk on your street and you count, you're going to count less domestic cars right far.
Speaker 4: Shit, the domestic cars are being built overseas with just American tag on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put the windshield on here and call it an American car.
Speaker 4: You look at the engine parts and stuff they say made from always over there.
Speaker 3: Sure, and even a lot of the assembly is done in Mexico.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: They just cut on the doors here, but it's made in America because that's of America.
Speaker 4: A lot of these big countries now are from people in Japan and China that we think of American companies are no longer even American companies no more. Your parent companies is in Japan and other countries and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Hello Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just say owned by young brands out of Japan.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of these places that people think of American tradition now hasn't been for years. Sure, so they're not trying to put the money back in America if you look at it, If you look at it that way, they're not worried about the American economy in that sense. Yeah, they're just using it so they don't care what they do. Just burn it up and they gone, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of stuff that could reasonably be Like it feels like a cell phone assembly. People don't want to sit there and you know, micro assemble circuit boards all damn day. Fine, we could sure shit make gorilla glass.
Speaker 4: You got a prisoner's peak that would do that with cell phones all day.
Speaker 3: You aren't allowed to have cell phones in prison, I thought.
Speaker 4: I mean, but no, they got you know, you could build things in prison. They got factories that you could build stuff in prison. Now security may be up, but you could build things. Prisoners is building funditure and stuff. Will they take all those programs out of the prisons then well, who else got a building? Now they send it out of the country. Cheap is cheap as the prisoner. You know, they take it from a cheap prisoner building it by saying it's in humane and all this crazy stuff they say in another kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think in your opinion that if the cost benefit analysis are consideration, so to speak, for being in prison as an inmate, that the opportunity to acquire a marketable skill but having to actually do work while you're in there. Is that a good trade off in your or you think that it's a shitty trade off when you're in there, so trade off.
Speaker 4: They don't work to get a skill in prison, for sure, Okay, you know, the question is the opportunity once they get out.
Speaker 3: So who the fuck was advocating against that for all those years and saying it's inhumane to have them in there working. It's just a bunch of it's It's like, that's like a bunch of stupid, like fictitious do gooders who just want to like.
Speaker 4: Well it was ap. What it was was the benefit of working because they exactly like if you take those jobs from prisoners, people on the outside would get them. But it's still the neighborhoods they sent them out of the country.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Well. Also also they were saying that they were working for so cheap. It was like you're in jail, you feel me so like to me, like that made the most sense, right, It's like.
Speaker 3: You create internship around college.
Speaker 1: I thought it was about Hey, it was you know, I mean I saw I saw complaints on outside about the pay at that time. Yeah, you know what I'm saying now.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, those type of thing titious do gooders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, listen, I'm saying think about it, though, King, Like, you learn a trade in jail, you're able to come out and get a career. Wouldn't that be kind of close to rehabilitation.
Speaker 3: I mean, what reality is if I wanted to go to a trade school and not get paid to do work, I would be paying.
Speaker 4: Then in Washington State, I was like one of the last part of rehabilitation where they let us go to school and everything, college and everything. And I was the last year where the citizens like, you're paying for their school and you're giving them pail grants, you're doing all that for them in prison. And that's where they cut the rehabilitation off.
Speaker 3: At gotcha, what year was that about?
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus gonna tell my age. Bout nineteen two thousand around there, ninety eight two thousand, your age. But that's about the time period where they started talking about not rehabilitation because they're wasting all this money. They're supposed to be punishment. It's supposed to be punishment, you know. So when he was getting jobs, it was getting the education and rehabilitation. When we came out. The studuma now was you're at felon. Yeah, so it didn't matter what you did inside prison. The chances of getting a good job when you got out was neil. It's different nowadays, but back in the days when the transition from rehabilitation to punishment, it didn't offer nobody a chance when they got out.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny that it's harder now when there's no rich Like now they don't matter, but now they're not gonna teach you nothing, you know what I mean? People go to jail, like my homeboy going to jail for years, and like he's not going to have an opportunity to learn a livable ways trade where he can make a living.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's putiful, But we don't worry about that because we were about them sending people out of here to other prisons. That's what trists me out.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, man, The thing that this country was established on, they figured out a way to turn it into what they were trying to not turn it into in the same instance, but they were able to turn it into it right here. You know what I mean? With these sets of rules like the government, like your forefathers fought for this not to be a country like the country that they left, you know what I mean, where it was hard to change the stars, where you had to be what you were. But now they're because the elite are at the top, they're ruling so hard and they want to just keep you know, their goal is to keep just financially destroying, getting money right, just going, going going. Now they're just they're trying to import people. Right. You gotta realize, real estate in America, like California is so bad. It's mainly because people coming into this country, like you're competing with different families, multiple families sometimes to get one house. So guess what, it makes it hard for you to change your stars because now everything becomes this ridiculous who will work for the cheapest and who will pay the most, right, So you know who's going to pay the cheapest, right, who's who don't mind getting paid the less the least, right, and then who will pay the most of this house? So they turned it into the actual country they were running away from when they came here in the first place. They're making it to where now is. That's why the middle class is being like obliviated, like it's over because obliterate, excuse me, is over because it's like you're what's like the broke and wealthy. That's what's happening.
Speaker 3: And that's yeah, and that's Europe, which is a I've referred to Europe as a bastion of mediocrity, maybe not on here, but many times. And there isn't a lot of vertical mobility. And again, disruptors come from the middle class. They have enough know how, enough understanding, enough resources, and they have the hunger. I mean, it's not always the rich guy's kid who redefines some industry.
Speaker 1: Rarely is it the rich guy's kid.
Speaker 3: It's it's not a guy who lives thirty minutes away.
Speaker 1: And it's tougher for a poor person because they don't believe they could do it. So it's when you it's so what happens is it's that that factory worker's kid who goes on to college, right, that that factory worker in fifties and sixties who sacrifice their own dreams to take care of their family, get their kid through college. That kid is the guy that's changed, that changed America.
Speaker 3: It's describes Steve Jobs, a guy stand's parents' house was a modest looking house in the Bay Area. It wasn't on the water, it was in the valley. And he started the company his parents' garage.
Speaker 4: So is so is he hating what his parents do looking down like his parents worked in that factory. Now he's looking down at that as like, I don't want to be like my parents working in the factory.
Speaker 1: That it is just a hunger to exceed.
Speaker 3: And I think there's also a lot of it is. And I don't know if it's always Apple's competing against Google, and these are hyper performers, like hyper achievers, so they're extremely competitive. They're really good at what they do. These aren't everyday people. There's why there's only a couple hundred of them. But I'm not positive if it's an obsession to be the best in competing against the other company and ramifications be damned, or if it's and it does look like this in a lot of ways. You get a lot of strategic corporate partnerships or whatever I've said. Now, California, in my life, I would define it as a barrier of entry. Economy. Yeah, a bunch of in a lot of money. It's not a lot of great ideas. I mean there's a handful of great ideas in one little spot. Other than that, there's not a ton of great ideas happening. It's just I made a bunch of money. I want to secure my assets from possible loss of value.
Speaker 4: So what was promised to people to leave to get them out the factory to go to school or something like that, Because we're talking about the industrial age being one of the greater times where people had the chance to get a job, get enough paid to buy a house, and make kids to college. So what stop people for one to do industry and go and shut them down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they close a lot of them, and then I think they STIGMATI.
Speaker 1: It too, I see me saying. So the wealthy person who started the industry right, realize they can get even wealthier if they outsourced the work based off of certain loans, certain things being brought down. Right. So before before America was incentivized to build here, Americans were incentivized to buy American, they were incentivized, it would have been hard to import things, right. That would have been a really different challenge probably thirty forties, fifties, sixties, That would have been a different type of task, right, versus so American, you know, even the wealthy American were incentivized to build here. It wasn't this concept of free pray that was so free. And when they opened it up. You go around, obviously you see places like China, you know, and again, this is why I kind of worry about being as wealthy as I'm about, like as we're about to get, right, is when you get wealthy, it seems like you start to pray on people. Like you either really poor and you pray on people, or you're really wealthy. I always say, poor people and wealthy people are exactly alike. They're not really different at all when you really get into it. But start to pray on people, so imagine you're going to kind of write like Pete just described when they just had this this this mass hunger, you know, deaf people dying of starvation, you know what I mean. And you could go over here and set up businesses where you can pay people like a recording guardist fractions on a cent for hours of work. Right, you could pay them fractions of a cent per hour to work on things because they're starving and the one barrier is shipping it here. The tax you would have to pay getting it here. Those are the barriers. They have already passed quality. They these people are not incentivized to become you know, great at building this stuff. They can't even you know, they don't make more money in China. It's not that type of program. They have a communist society, they don't. It's not incentivized by that. So they just build things to the minimum standard.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But in the fifties and sixties, right, King, you could go to China and or Indian you could see these economies in Mexico. Mexico is a third world country, was to until win is it still one? Now it's passing.
Speaker 3: I would describe that as being still true now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's like you can go to places where people don't have a ton of opportunity and hire them ford try to. You can hire them, yeah, and imagine what you're gonna pay them. You could teach them, King and pay them a fraction of what you're gonna pay Americans for it. And in the in the tear flaw that you had to import, right, that shit was it was nothing void. You were almost incentivized to go out and take advantage of other people and then seem like they're blessing. It's like if somebody is thirsty, right, Like you go to somewhere where somebody's dying of thirst and you piss in their mouth, You still a hero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's camping on a broken bitch.
Speaker 1: The hero. Dirty water in the desert probably tastes like Fiji.
Speaker 4: It was all the broke bits upfeat broken.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you find some broken, abused, cast out bitch for it the work. You got a nicer place to stay now.
Speaker 1: But you could always catch yourself on the back publicly for that. Yeah, and people like only to a mind like mine, you look like a hero.
Speaker 4: But that was the leak that did that. What about the poor people that can't see that? How do you get them to see this?
Speaker 1: They didn't have anything to do with it. They just came to the factories one day and the factories were shut down.
Speaker 3: And part of it also like just to be like well rounded on the on the math you started getting and like you know how you see it now with like government pensions like like the California teachers, like cowpers pension stuff and the way that that's straining the budget. So you get a pension contract, let's say it's ten years, and then it contracts up, so the union has to show up for the employees and they got to raise you know, the shit, or we're gonna strike or whatever else. Well, it becomes a lot easier to play kick the can down the road by saying we're gonna give you a three percent raise, but we're gonna increase your pension benefits by whatever, or your healthcare benefits in retirement by whatever. So it's gonna be expensive later but cheaper now, but we're gonna give you these these benefits. Well, when later shows up, you have this ballooning of your cost of labor because some of it's not even active labor by that point in time. So now it's not like the government. The government can borrow money differently, it can prove it's a whole different party for the public sector. But a lot of that does happen. I mean, like I remember before, I remember they had a when they did the GM bailout. I think the real cost for GM per line worker was something like ninety dollars an hour. Now they weren't seeing the ninety dollars, but the cost their labor budget divided by line workers actually working employed at the time was ninety dollars an hour. That's an awful lot for Schetty Cruz.
Speaker 4: What was they actually seeing when they wasn't seeing the ninety.
Speaker 3: I don't know, depend on their contract to go back and do the math. But I mean, you figure you're paying in your salary, your assurance and your pension contributions, and then some of that also is you have to keep up payments for retirees and they're you know, what's due to them. So yeah, it was like we got very expensive for some of these companies. So that's that's also part of it.
Speaker 1: You know, shit just is irritating me. And I'm sure somewhere along the line the American government. So I have to find somebody that's in the politics and the history of politics. I probably know the right person, but I don't think they're up on business, but I know who to ask. So America either had to start over taxing people right in this country, like Peter saying, where certain things will happen in the fifties and sixties. So I don't know what happened first. Did the American government starts saying, okay, we need to start getting more money out of you, or did they realize it made more sense to go out of the country and advantage the cheap labor or did they happen somewhere at the same time simultaneously. What do you mean then, what was the true motivation? We have to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the question? The questioner?
Speaker 1: So like government, Like, let's say you own a GM factory, your General Motors. You have a GM factory in Detroit in nineteen fifties. What happens first is the American government saying, hey, you know what, we need more money out of UGM for this factory, or is it, hey, you know what, we've been to China. There's a greater opportunity to make money. What happened first?
Speaker 3: What happened was like that industry taxes really have come down since Kennedy. I mean they've they've in general, there have been you know, ebbs and flows, but in general they've come down a lot, as far as the minutia of exemptions and right off and whatever else. But in general they've come down. But the total revenue of the government has gone up because the economy has grown. So a million times five is better than one hundred thousand times ten. But they had again because we don't tear iff like other countries. So you get not just like what I was saying with there's a lot of unions out there, you know, so that and that does manipulate the job market. And that has been like the parasite that killed the host in a lot of cases. It's not a fake thing that happened. That started to those chickens streed to come home to roost right around the same time that the Chinese, that the Japanese automobile became introduced to the marketplace. And you can't have a seismic reassessment of consumer retail price expectation at the same time that you're going to have to deal with a seismic reconsideration of labor costs upward first downward. That's that is suicide.
Speaker 4: So you're saying like that, like the unions and stuff helped make it easier for GM or somebody like that to say well we'll go out the country.
Speaker 3: Then hey, I would say made it easier, they made it necessary. Oh okay, I mean it was kind of like your only choice. It was like, well, we're not going to continue to sell our cars at thirty five K in nineteen eighty two, whatever the hell the price would have been to have the same quality of car when the camera's coming in and then Honda Accord is coming in or whatever the hell, and they're selling them at eight grand. There's probably was eighteen to eight reever the hell the number one. We're gonna have to drive the price of our Sedana way down. And I don't think there's really enough corners to cut.
Speaker 1: And just the American people screw themselves.
Speaker 3: In some ways. Yeah, I mean, is it better if you're a family of four to have one really nice Chevy and Paula or two Honda Accords.
Speaker 1: But looking out for tuning into the No Sllers podcast, please do us a favorite subscribe, rate commentist shit. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. The produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not Hard Radio year