Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield ex flowing down the sidelines. This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Gross shooting.
Speaker 3: Hub day.
Speaker 4: You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Sidewalk outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where I was just notified we have an angle, a new angle, because that is where the Christmas tree will be for the Christmas extravaganza that starts at a record breaking early time of no November seventeenth this year.
Speaker 5: So come out check it out.
Speaker 4: It is fifty degrees outside the hoiday is fifty four, the lowest thirty two.
Speaker 6: He Isna, that is Kirk. You are shinning. That's Chris Beam in the back. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boy the sports talk equivalent the brel people fee.
Speaker 7: When wei shuld be when we each and every day we are brought to you by Wingstop.
Speaker 4: Were Flavor gets weight. Let's go.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling zaddy today. Yeah, I got I got my beard cut down yesterday, so I'm feeling I put some good smell goes on.
Speaker 5: Did you cut it or you get somebody to do it?
Speaker 3: I'm not you get someone else.
Speaker 6: To do Yeah, I get somebody that kind of lining me up around the side, cutting down a little bit.
Speaker 4: Make me look, Haroline's starting to start to creep back.
Speaker 5: On's running away from your nose.
Speaker 6: Innoten, That's what happens.
Speaker 5: How long are you gonna hang on?
Speaker 6: As long as I can? As long as I can. I don't me tell you something right now when I cut my hairt I'm going to Turkey. I'm going to Turkey to get you one of them hair im playing things there?
Speaker 5: You gonna do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, you're not gonna have me around here looking back the Tom Brady. Someone said the my little brother sent the a post to the family group chat. It was a It was a clip of me playing college basketball. I got to steal in the lab and another deflection and stuff like that. But it panned one time and it had the side view of me, and boy was that hairlines. Wo oh? I had the low cut. Then my freshman year.
Speaker 5: I said, look at that fast for twenty years, I said, look.
Speaker 6: At that hairline right there. I mean it was I even it was so clean and sharp that I text the barber who used to cut my hair then in Chapel Hill. I text him, what's up? See Money? I text seed Money. I said, boy, you did your thing on this haircut right here. Just he just lied back in the day when I was young. I'm not a kid anymore. Some days I said, I wish I was a kidd again.
Speaker 5: What did you get anything else done?
Speaker 6: Just just disappeared in the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nothing with the back.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, that's a that's another hole of the person, hold of the person.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm feeling yeah, so Kurt, Yeah, I'm feeling a little.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: You look good. I feel a little zty.
Speaker 4: I put some cologne on, like the shirt thank you tribute to twenty three, the greatest player to ever lay them up like that.
Speaker 6: I got the matching kicks to go. Look out, you gotta just mix you to coordinate, you like it. They not coordinating today.
Speaker 5: I see that. Uh did you trick or treat? Did you get some candy?
Speaker 3: But Josh, Josh, But uh the owner of the Raiders. But I mean he went from the GM to the head coach to the o C got quarterback. When is this dude gonna stop? Trick treat baby?
Speaker 5: Yes, Kurt, how about you?
Speaker 4: Do you have a tricker treats?
Speaker 8: A few? We don't get a lot. We did. Good night.
Speaker 6: That was That's what happened, you little lot of acreage. All that a great man.
Speaker 3: Let's go up to the creepy guy's house. Dogs always walking, but you don't talk.
Speaker 8: I was watching, I wasn't watching anywhere.
Speaker 6: I laughed on the way home yesterday when Kurt goes. My wife was listening in. She told me that anything like you haven't been driving, like something will pop in your mind. And I laugh for like three exits. I just said, she is so right. You just can't tell you. She is so right. You just can't tell us nothing because we're not gonna let you. We're going we don't talk about it, talk about.
Speaker 8: It, forget about there's no trust trees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you don't, if you don't preface something by saying, y'all don't repeat this, yeah, then.
Speaker 6: It's it's fair game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, my fault.
Speaker 4: So uh, tricks tricks on the Cowboys fans again this.
Speaker 5: Year, no signings, no signing. I don't think any of us expected anything to happen.
Speaker 6: I told you I was on his way.
Speaker 4: Everybody's make a huge deal out of it. Though Eagles made moves, you know, other teams in the NFC made.
Speaker 6: Moves, and Philly made moves, Niners made.
Speaker 5: Moves, made a big move.
Speaker 6: Who else? I mean? I think am I upset that they did not make a move. No, What does worry me is comparatively speaking, if you're saying that the teams in the NFC that are contenders to come out of this division, right, you're thinking Philly, You're thinking Niners, you're thinking Dallas, you're thinking Detroit.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody in the South.
Speaker 6: Right like you're thinking those guys. And then like you know, kind of like honorable mention is probably Seattle might have been Vikings if Kirk Cousin didn't go down, Right, it's already clear that you're not better than one of those.
Speaker 5: Teams, right, and you're gonna find out about the other one.
Speaker 6: The Niners, right again, they made a huge move. They actually kind of made two moves. It may not pay dividends right now, but they did go and get Randy Gregory a couple of weeks ago. Then they made the big move for Chase Young. Now had they done nothing, had the Niners done nothing.
Speaker 5: They're still better than you.
Speaker 6: They were still better than you, and they were still now in the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: But they was if it ended today and you had to go face the Niners, you would be in a neutral field, even at home, you would probably be the other dogs. And they if they did nothing, they went and made what could potentially be Because we're still moving on potential huge move Philly who New year. We still got to figure out what is what with that. But most would say right now, they're the number one team in the league, better than you. Right, they made moves.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: I know some are gonna say, well, the Cowboys made their moves back in So and So, back in the spring with Gilmour and with Cooks. But what you did in the spring didn't make a difference to what you need to do against the Niners. So I'm saying all that the long version is saying, I'm not mad that the Cowboys didn't make a move. I'm saying is the teams that were already better than you if nothing happened made moves, Where does that put Does that put you further behind the team that you most likely will have to face in order to get to at least Nate's destination? Right, So the NFC Championship game, that's right, go Cowboys, and you're gonna have to be probably both of them to get to my destination, which is the super Bowl. That's the only thing that kind of gets me a little bit, like, all right, cool, you don't have to make a move, but the people that were already better than you made moves to get to get better than what they've already been that much more above you. But you believe that your team is the right team in the right place. And I get it, Like, there's always two that have to tangle, right, There's always I think I think Brad has said it. You know, you gotta get some You might have some guys in the room that says, coaches, go, I'm good, I don't need to make a trade.
Speaker 5: I like with these guys.
Speaker 6: I can win with these guys. Right, So it's not just Steven and Jerry, even though Jerry had times when he wants to make a move, makes a move and whoever the hell them like it find some wealth to be employed.
Speaker 8: Would you have like to have that fourth round pick yesterday play with?
Speaker 4: I would like to know, comparative to other teams in the league, how much they shake the trees, Like do they actively go out and go, hey, we'd like to see if there's interest in getting moving this guy, or if it's you know, I'd like to know behind the scenes, like which teams are more active, because there's probably a lot of reaching out and you know, kicking the tires to see if you know.
Speaker 8: But how is the cowboys initiated yeah, or do.
Speaker 4: They just sit back and wait and go we're good if something falls in our lap, will take it?
Speaker 6: Or sure you don't know that you like her until you say something right right, like well, okay, how you doing?
Speaker 4: But I'd like to say, oh you liked me?
Speaker 6: Now we got something going, Yeah, we got a little we got a little spark, little jick saw happy are they.
Speaker 4: Doing any of That's what I'd like to know that for every team, I wish there was like a tracker. I wonder at some point knowing the way that the NFL is creat creating drama and creating a show with what they've done with the draft and now what they've done with the combine, if they'll put something in place in the next five or ten years around the trade deadline where you can see what what go do? That too much of a competitive advantage probably.
Speaker 5: And you gets some players off because.
Speaker 6: That's a deeper hole there. I think they're willing to give because I mean, there's agents involved, There's there's conversations involved.
Speaker 4: That if you mention a player's name, then he gets mad and he's like, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean because you know, agents sometimes have a lot to do with trades and things like.
Speaker 7: That, yours rumors source, and it's always sometimes it's it's the it's the it's the play not only for today, but it's to play for tomorrow, it's to play for.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I got it now, I got one guy who's looking to get moves. But don't forget, I'm also representing your best player on your team. So let's make this shake for us, and then I may be a little bit more lenient on.
Speaker 4: This, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like so that there there there there's a lot that happens behind the scenes, and I don't I don't I don't think teams. I don't think owners, gyms in the league, don't you don't want those things to come out here? Would be fun though, Yeah, fans to be a fly on the wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Nate, what you've been waiting for all week? Who we gotta worry about?
Speaker 6: On that Fletcher?
Speaker 5: Who we gotta worry about?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 6: Yeah's what we gotta worry about. The you start talking about that Fletcher cops and your mouth start.
Speaker 4: Hein't heard a word we said, and we brought that up by no.
Speaker 6: Look boy, no, no, no Fletcher cocks. Boy, Yo, you thought salivating?
Speaker 3: No, no, no. Jess is going to always give you the details. I'm gonna tell you this right here. This team has twenty five sacks. Indeed, what seven games? Eight games they played? Uh, they've given up They're giving up sixty five yards per game. They got four interceptions, sixty five yards rush rushing yards ye, rushing and they give that up a game. It's three point eight yards per can't realize that rushing defense was that they got six flumble recoveries out of thirteen tries. Their weaknesses is they they give up to hund forty seven. They've given up sixteen tds. But let me say this right here, we will Last week we wasn't trying to run the ball. This week here, you better try to run the ball. Play action, pass better be a part of what you're trying to do.
Speaker 5: Why would you try to run the ball against a team that has only given up sixty five.
Speaker 3: Because you don't. I'm glad that you asked welcome Because you don't want to release number seven Hassan Riddick who has six point five sacks. You don't want to release Josh Sweat, number ninety four that has five point five sacks. You want to make sure they stand in their pass lanes. You don't want to give them a two way go. If you look at our tackles the last two or three games, teams have been just at least seven or eight times where they just get quickiescapes. We're gonna have to keep these guys in their lane now, and like I say, Jesse'll go deeper because there their secondary.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, can be had.
Speaker 3: They said, But you're gonna have to set it up. You're not just gonna drop back and just you know, do it. This is a game where if we don't have our running game and play. This is a game where Dak has to move himself around. Coach cannot let this man think that he can stand in one place. He will have to move around in order just to survive this. Our running back is gonna have to be at its best picking up blitzes because they you know, they got the dudes run around in seventeen and all different numbers. I thought there was fat overweight safeties, but these were linebackers.
Speaker 6: You notice that. I'm like these dudes, this is linebacker this week. If you want to know who the good guys are, all nineties everybody that wi everybody went nineties.
Speaker 4: So so you want to establish the run, so they in their ear got try to run.
Speaker 5: Keep them in check.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep him in check, because if you don't keep him in check. This team is good enough to like we are Our key is this.
Speaker 5: We are built.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are built to play from a lead. That's so much I'm gonna talk about our defense. This team is built. Whoop yo, I'm not joking man, Now, Jesse tell them everything I didn't tell them.
Speaker 10: But how does a team that's averaging three point nine yards of rush suddenly rush against the number one.
Speaker 8: I mean, what can they do differently to you?
Speaker 6: Gotta try.
Speaker 3: I've seen teams and I'll give you example. Last year, two years ago, we are I think it was a Fordy that it was Tampa Bay. They rushed like and won a playoff game. They rushed thirty times, probably got about ninety five yards, just trying to keep guys at home, trying to keep guys in their area. The worst thing you can do, man, is give a defensive end, a two way go in and out. You know, the waggles are gonna be big, the bootlegs is gonna be big. Dak just naturally just being dack, the old Dak just moving around, gonna keep these guys right. But what we can't have this will be a game where our coach will just come in. Come in the meeting room, Tony Wise, come in the mean room. Hey, fellasick, no QUICKI skates. You can'tnt let these guys are too good if you give them a quick escape within that first second when that quarterback is you know, turning his shoulders to get set, and if that guy's already there, there's no chance. So you can't have a quick escape. You're acting too much from Tony. You're asking too much from the other backs to be able to get up there quick enough to help you. You're gonna have to make a guy work through you. So you're gonna have to know your lanes. As an offensive lineman. You're gonna have to understand how each and every play work. And it would not hurt if the quarterbacks. And hey, fellas, because Troy is do it for us. I don't know how to do it today. Hey fellas, I need a extra time. So whatever you gotta do, fall down, be a gows, get a you know, get a hanging. You know what I'm saying, Grab a hanging, you know. But you give what I'm saying now, Jesse, give him to give him to details. What does that mean? What does that mean? Yeah, doesn't mean what I think it means. Let's take a break, get Jesse on the final.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get Jesse involved.
Speaker 3: We'll let Jesse talk.
Speaker 5: We come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination. For all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Yo Kiro's wide range.
Speaker 9: Of mouthwater in versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 6: Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and ods with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: See geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or our first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before. They made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seet geek? Has you covered? Download? Does sea gek after the seed? Get you're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats?
Speaker 6: How's Wingstop sound? Crispy?
Speaker 5: Juicy?
Speaker 13: Classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 13: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com?
Speaker 14: Back hanging with the board, Welcome back? How about you shit? How's it mixed?
Speaker 4: The second segment each and every day he brought to you by block chair.
Speaker 3: Come dot com.
Speaker 4: Nate may have had the funniest live and we've had in the five years of this show.
Speaker 5: How long have we been doing this show?
Speaker 3: What did you get with it?
Speaker 14: Jess?
Speaker 5: We did it? What? One?
Speaker 6: One year? One year?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 5: I have to go research that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Thanks for that, Nate. I need I needed a good laugh, get my blood going all right, Jess, the moment you've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Bring it all down, bro, and think, think before you speak.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, okay, as I go deeper. So here's the thing. You know Philadelphia Eagles defense. Uh, they're led by their first year defensive coordinator Sean Diassi. So you pronounced it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a play with me?
Speaker 6: Did he? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it's dead. Chris looked at Ted right different, Oh it's different.
Speaker 6: Oh this dude is Indian. Oh no, okay, then you didn't. Okay, defensive coordinator. What they want to do? They they've transitioned from a four to three two or three four, And let's just be honest, ladies and gentlemen. Where their strength is at is up front. The names are there, the productivity, they're one of Thenate's favorite players is on that defensive front. Fletcher Cox is the lead dog, He's the veteran.
Speaker 5: How old is he currently? How has he been in the league?
Speaker 6: How you have a what do you call it?
Speaker 5: Right in front?
Speaker 3: They're like, don't cut just off.
Speaker 6: Thirty two thirty two years old, Fletcher Cox. You got Jordan Davis. I'm sorry, not Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, They're all world rookie out of Georgia. He went out last week with the back injury. They're talking about that he'll probably be able to play this week. The one thing I want people to realize, you know, because when you go and you watch film. I watched the Jets game, I watch the Miami game. I watch all these films and I kind of stopped myself and I had to remember one thing, and Nate, You'll probably be the only one in this room that will be able to relate to this. When you go and you watch things on film, I then remember to myself whatever I saw in a positive way, it's gonna be amped up even more because they're playing the Dallas Cowboys, Like that is a real thing, and I've lived it. I've been a part of it, and now sitting on this side of the coin, I watched this stuff and I go, oh, yeah, we can win there. Then I go, they're gonna bring extra for the Cowboys. Like it's just I don't I don't know how to truly to to to to explain it or will verbalize it. But you know they're talking about Jalen Hurts. He looks banged up. He hasn't run as much he has a bone bruise on his knee. Not Sunday, not Sunday like it matters right, Like he was the player of the week past week.
Speaker 4: It's it's like the Tom Brady mentality. Like when you played the Patriots when they were great, you always as a fan.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it's the same way for players.
Speaker 4: You always got up a little bit more for for that little bit more right, you know that needs a little bit more right.
Speaker 6: So when you look at what they do up front, I mean just think about this. You got Brandon Grant, he's still good.
Speaker 5: Brandon Graham, he's he's This is.
Speaker 6: How good they are up front. He has become a rotational player like before he used to be at staple in that defensive line. He's in a rotation with another good guy comes behind him and Derrick Barnett. Then you got Fletcher Cox. Then you got Jordan Davis, who's in rotation with Jalen Carter. Then you got the Sweat brother, you got Josh Sweat, the next guy about to name this is the guy. And we can talk about Jalen Carter, we can talk about Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham and all these guys. This is the guy who we're going to have to blocker number seven, number seven, Hassan Riddicks. And they said it earlier they had twenty five sacks on the year. Right now Hassan Riddick has six of them. What and the thing about Hassan Riddick is is because he gets so much one on whatever we do, Schoolmaker McEwen Ferguson, do not think you're gonna block him with one of those guys.
Speaker 3: You're just not.
Speaker 6: If you think you're gonna have success with one of those guys trying to block Hassan Reddick one on one, you are in dak is in for a very long football game. The thing about it is what they do defensively. They have so much depth and dudes up front that Hassan Reddick gets these one on one matchups. And this is the one spot that we've kind of really been struggling in, like we people haven't talked about it because Tyron's been Al's brother, Terrence Steel hadn't been playing very well lately. And that's gonna be the matchup all day long. It's gonna be Hassan Riddick, It's gonna be Terren Steele all day long. The only good thing about that it's on Dak's front side, so a lot of times he can see it coming. But here's where it becomes very difficult out is because when Hassan reached Hassan, Reddick beats you around the corner, or he creates the pressure around the corner. Where do you want to go? You want to step up into the pocket?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: Well, here comes Fletcher Cox, here comes you know, Carter, here comes Davis. That's what you're walking up into. So this is this is when you talk about when Nate was saying, we got to try to establish the run game. It's not necessarily just so that you can. And I'm not into just running for running sake, but it's in the it's in the realm of I gotta. I can't let them do to us what we do to other people. If they can, just if as Son Reddick and company can pin their ears back and just gonna get our quarterback, we're in for a long day. We have to be able to at least get some sort of remnants of a running game. And the second part of that is because on the back end, you're gonna see a lot of man and man coverage this team. It says, we're so confident in the guys that we have up front that we're gonna play man and man coverage on the back end and you can beat them. You can beat them. They just went and they did the trade a week ago and got Kevin Byron from Tennessee to help man the back end of that defense. Of course, you know about big Place.
Speaker 3: And I'm not.
Speaker 5: Watch I again.
Speaker 6: You know you got you got Darius Slay, Big play Slay out there. So a lot of times they're gonna play man and man coverage. It's gonna be a lot of single hot it's gonna look like man and man coverage. It's gonna be man and man covers. It's gonna be Cover three. They're gonna do some different things so they're the ability to win outside. This is gonna be another one of those games where at the end of this game, it should read, boy, what a what a game for ceedee lamb another fourteen targets because they're going to they're gonna say, we trust in our front seven so much. You're not gonna run on us. You're not gonna run big on us. And we believe that if we can just hold coverage. Just for a second, Hassan sweat, We're gonna get to you. We're gon we're gonna create some We're gonna create some pressures in the middle.
Speaker 10: With all that strength up front, they don't blit. They blitz like eighteen percent. They don't have to blitz. Right, So, but does that mean more guys are dropping back, making that coverage even tougher.
Speaker 6: Eve, No, No, they're a man. So this is they're in man. They play a little they play a little bit of zone, but for the most part, they're in man. And this is a lot of guys at the line of scrimmage. You talk about your four guys, and then you know two or three linebackers. And again you look up and you see number seventeen. You think it's a safety. It's actually a linebacker. It's not a safety, it's a linebackers. Linebacker, it's a linebacker. Right, So you see these guys, you think they're a safety, but they're actually linebackers. So for the Cowboys, when you look at this, the way this defense is playing very aggressive in your face, and this is something that we struggle with. This is and I'll say take that back. This is some of the stuff that we struggle with at the receiver position. Minus ced Lamb, the rest of the guys have struggled getting off press coverage, being in your face. This is the physical defense. You talk about matching the physicality. This is going to be the second game that the Cowboys have faced this year where you're gonna hatch You're gonna have to match a level of physicality. Now, I don't know what's gonna happen with Tyros Smith. They said it. You know, he wasn't going to practice in two Wednesday or today to tomorrow, which is weird because Thursdays when all the injuries seemed to happen for the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I think he's only practicing one day a week.
Speaker 6: Okay, So if you don't have Tyron Smith, there's gonna be a backup out there. And there's been some I mean even Zach Martin kind of had his share of of of of of missed opportunities last week. Same thing with Terren Steele. So up front, it's going to be it's going to be trouble, not trouble, but it's going to be a parafif this group has to bring their a game like this is this week.
Speaker 4: Is gonna have one of your best offensive line games.
Speaker 6: When we come back here Monday and Kurt looks up PFF the grades, we need to have three or four guys in that PFF graded out high top ten. We have to have guys being like, oh yeah, Zach Martin graded out number three, Terren Steele grated out here, Tyler Smith, who's been playing well by the way, he graded out as one of the top guards in the in the you know, in the NFL for that week. If it's not that, it can it can put ten be a long day.
Speaker 4: So back to your point, you think they got to establish the run and have some kind of running games to keep the guys just for honesty.
Speaker 6: But let me let me add on to that. And it's not for honesty, yes, but for play action. Yes, that's what for play action. That half a second, that for play action. Again, if this team is going to line up and face you, man and man, if I can get some play action going.
Speaker 5: You can get some plays down the field.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 6: James Bradberry is what we like to call mouse in the house. He can be barbecue chicken like he's a guy. If you want to set it up right, you can you can pick on Brad Berry. We've known him for a while. And to be honest with you, Dak has had a ton of success against the Philadelphia Eagles, right because, for whatever reason, he gets up for these football games as well. Eleven career touchdowns to one interception against the Philadelphia Eagles, almost eight hundred and eighty yards, a seventy nine percentage seventy nine percent completion percentage for Dak Prescott going against the Eagles in his career, he wins against the Eagles, right. The problem is that this is what this is probably the best Eagles team that he's ever faced, So he's going to have to be very, very good. This is gonna be another game for Dak where he has to kind of get on to that when the opportunity presents itself. I don't have to have one hundred yards rushing, but I gotta go and get those third downs pickups when necessary, because those pockets. I promise you, ladies and gentlemen, that pocket is going to collapse more often than you probably wanted to throughout the course of this game. But I think if Dak is right, if he is good at what he does, if you see more of him at the line of scrimmage. If you see more of Mike McCarthy doing more of the motions, so now I can identify what is happening in front of me defensively, now I'm able to go Okay. They did a great job. Calboy did a great job last week on getting matchups. Where can line up CD in one on one with space that's gonna have to be impairtive sway this week. I don't know if Darius Slay is going to travel with CD. I believe he's done some of that before in the Packer I go watching game back, I believe he did some traveling a year or so ago against against Ceedee Lamb. But even though even there is slaves up there in age too, like we don't think, we don't talk about it enough, but he and Stefan Gilmour up there in the same kind of They both eleven twelve year veterans in the league, thirty somethings.
Speaker 5: He's been around dead.
Speaker 6: Thirty something years old, so he's up there as well. And while he'll make a big play every now and again, he gives up big plays as well. So for him, you know this, this has to be one of those deals where the ball comes out quick, guys that win at the line of scrimmage, and then the guys up front, those hogs up front, Nate's boys, they have to have one of their best games because this defensive front without them, and they don't have to to your point, they don't have to blitz. They don't want to blitz. They're saying, we drafted, we signed all the blitzing and dogging we need right here with guys like Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett and Fletcher Cox and Jordan Davids f and Jalen Carter and Montechard and Joshua Hassan Riddick, Kobe Dean and Zack cunninghamn And what they do is they have a rotation of these guys. For a large part of the year, Jalen Carter wasn't even playing the whole game. He was playing like twenty five snaps, but he was coming in fresh and giving you max effort for those twenty five snaps. He's gotten more and more involved, and I don't know if he's gonna go on a PitchCom this week with the back injury, but that's the rotation that they have they're constantly bringing in like good like. They're not bringing in second tier guys like you. Literally going from Brandon Graham to Derek Barrett Barnet.
Speaker 10: Excuse me, how do they It almost feels like Tyron Smith is handcuffing him a little bit. You don't know if he's gonna play. How did they prepare? You just wouldn't go.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's a great question, and that's a great answer that's about to be made. Let's take a break first, and we'll hear from Nate Newton.
Speaker 5: What are you now? He's the voice of reason. What are you it?
Speaker 3: Fanboy?
Speaker 6: We'll come back and pick Nate up. Different community.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll love for a perch down.
Speaker 15: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 12: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: How's wing stout sound?
Speaker 13: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade he Mustard blue cheese or signature wind Stop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried.
Speaker 6: Of course, I.
Speaker 13: Think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: SeatGeek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after the seat Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 16: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 3: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show, the last segment each and every day on Hanging with the Boys that brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Now that we know we're in trouble up front, it's a great question Kurt had with Tyron kind of game time decision last week and sounds like he's not practicing this week.
Speaker 5: What was your question, Kurt.
Speaker 10: Well, how does a handcuff him? In their preparation? How do they prepare not knowing if Tyrone's going to be in.
Speaker 3: There or not by Tyrone. And it may sound funny by him doing this for the last six years telling the same thing. You don't know whether he's gonna play. So they they accustomed to it. But what I but what I hope is that they make a decision earlier enough in the week so these guys can work so the left tack and left guard can work together. Because when you when they do, they get the Eagles would give you a gal to both tackles, a galva nose guard. Two guys standing up, two linebackers standing up. They'll cover both guards. They'll cover the center, two wide, nine techniques way out there. They'll run games from ny of these in of these positions.
Speaker 5: So now you want to.
Speaker 3: Be able to work with the guy next to you kind of you know, just I don't know how you say when you just work together and know you're working together. You know what I'm saying without talking a lot, I don't know what that words. And so they won't have that. But Tyrone not being there that you know, it's just I love Tyron, and as far as that go, I love to cross. But you you ain't out there, bro. You got to practice, you you Yeah, and I know that at full speed. But I rather have a guy that I know knows gonna be there, and then we know how to help this guy, because now we ain't gonna get Tye run as much help as we're gonna get another guy. But now all of a sudden we got to kind of after the game plan, just tweak it just a little bit because of the other guys in. I'd rather start the game out like that, starting with with with Truma Tuma are either awesome. I'd rather just start the game out lady, knowing them that my okay, schoolmaker, you ain't gonna catch thatwer that go over here block. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's called two balls this year, hit two balls touchdown, all right?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Kurt has a great stat here about the tight ends. They are getting twenty percent of the targets and Ferguson is getting seventy five percent of those eighty percent of them.
Speaker 5: Do they need more from the tight end position?
Speaker 3: Nope, we get to get them all from him and throw the rest of them unto Tony.
Speaker 4: Parlm So just make him your featured and throw the rest on the tone of po how's he doing in the blocking game. He's good, but teams has been.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny, he don't get in the way.
Speaker 4: Bro Nate's comment and the break that's breaks, that's that's the one.
Speaker 6: I'll be dripping as I pull into my neighborhood. Yeah, I'm like Nate was right.
Speaker 4: When you forget about it, they'll bring it back up later, just so you remember.
Speaker 5: That's what's so great about you. Under the radar. God, I wish y'all could hear what we talk about the breaks.
Speaker 6: They can in the hallway know we need to do too.
Speaker 4: We need to find out what time you can take the tour to come through here while we're on the show.
Speaker 5: I've had a lot of people ask me that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 10: Tricky because they don't I think there's a noon hour where they don't start any I'm not sure, so, I mean there was one.
Speaker 8: Every once in a while, we'll see him come through here.
Speaker 3: They like to do it when they have practice to so give the fans a chance to think they may see a practice to throw.
Speaker 5: Down the field. Yeah, because they're not seeing him in the game.
Speaker 6: That's foul.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I said, go ahead, Jess, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Tell my tight ends blocking, and he said that.
Speaker 6: Like we the days of of j Novacheck, of Jason Wood gone done.
Speaker 4: Was winning a good Was he a good blocking the way man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like earlier in his career. Absolutely, as he got older, he understood angles and like he like the thing that Jason really understood when he lost all of like the athleticism and the speed. He understood angles. He understood angles, He understood positioning, He understood like listen, I I can't I ain't strong enough to do to deal with you right now. So I'm just gonna get in front of you and I'll just do something like this, and now you got to go around me the balls going outside, right, He understood that part. But the days of the j Novachecks, of the you know, the crump.
Speaker 3: We had a big brother man came from Miami. That was our blocking to tight end God, the.
Speaker 6: Dan Campbell's of the world.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like dannill block somebody right now, right.
Speaker 5: Now, I bet he could play right now.
Speaker 6: Like they just that that's gone, it's gone. Like at this point in time, you just say, hey, just just just get in front of him, just just getting away, he's getting away. Just don't just don't lay them. Just big.
Speaker 3: His biggest schoolmaker is I watch him sometimes a few times they asks him to block. He for he stands like sixty five, two hundred and sixty pounds. But I'm like, why do he look like he like six foot two hundred and thirty when you block? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm like, he don't do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, six five fifty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But the one, like the one tight end that's still willing to block, and his history comes from like blocking it. I see it often and still is a is a ball of the pass catching George Kittle, Kittle, George Kittle. And then like you look at Laporta, I guess it's the Iowa thing, right, They both come from Iowa. They're gonna run the football, so you're gonna have to block if you're going to the Iowa. But those are two guys that you can look at, and they got the one big kid he blocks really well from Georgia, the rookie Pittsburgh. Yeah he blocks. Oh he just he every bit of six foot eight that he looked like a left tackle.
Speaker 5: Is it harder for a tight end to learn to block.
Speaker 6: Blocking is all about effort. Blocking is effort. It's some technique in it, like I should say, I should say, blocking is effort when you're outside of the offensive lineman. I'm not gonna re disrespect off of the linement. That is a sweet science of that. But like receivers and tight ends like, you gotta want to do it. You gotta want to stick your nose in someone's face mask and block.
Speaker 5: Here's another question.
Speaker 4: Once you get to the pro level, and this is any I guess any position, can you.
Speaker 5: Learn a new skill set?
Speaker 3: You can? Yes, yes you can. Because I could not pass block, not nothing serious until I got to the NFL.
Speaker 4: So what what made you take that next step?
Speaker 3: I wanted to continue to play there. Let me tell you I want to want to.
Speaker 6: When I first came in the league, I said special teams. I ain't for me. What are you talking about? I was working security and they was like, you want to play a special teams? I said, And I came in with it was a four man wedge. Point them out, which one you want to run down? Here go hit and all of them had ninety numbers.
Speaker 5: My neighborhood.
Speaker 6: I need to improve my neighborhood. Which one you want me to this food time? Ain't cutting it from me? And it was like, hey, I need to go down there and the knife right between those dud dudes at three and thirty pounds a piece say less. It's it's either that or security or security and team Mobile. I'm like lining them in the methods. I'm I'm gonna die out here before I go back to doing that.
Speaker 3: Can you security on ninth floor? Security?
Speaker 5: So that's a want to thing.
Speaker 4: Can you learn a a I guess a skill position, skill set like catching or repetition, that's that's that's identifying a whole you know, vision things like that, so you can't.
Speaker 5: See the vision.
Speaker 3: Like they just may have natural vision, you know, whereas a guy that ain't got it, he can learn to live it, but he'll never be with because he's natural. You know. But certain things guys, I mean they worked. I mean I can't think of the guy we let go back to we let go to Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: He was right, I know exactly. You're talking about tall kid. Oh yeah, my mom and his mama actually friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had to work.
Speaker 6: His he worked.
Speaker 3: To me, he worked and he worked and he worked and uh because he now, yeah, partnell his feet one nice, it helps one nice. But he worked, he worked, and he worked ready to a million million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: You just you don't hear about a lot of guys once they get to the league that they get better as they go.
Speaker 5: Right, there's a few like him, like Ron Leary got better set.
Speaker 6: Miles of miles played with miles off.
Speaker 5: Not a ton of them.
Speaker 4: Usually it's kind of like whatever you come in the league with that skill set, that's.
Speaker 3: Usually the thing you know that's amazing when.
Speaker 5: You outside of that first or second year, you know, you take that jump.
Speaker 3: When you see a guy they's got gifted skills and grow mentally.
Speaker 6: That's where it's at, beasts. When you can grow mentally, you understand when you understand the game. Now, what it does is you understand more about what your strengths are and how you can maximize them. And then the thing that you don't do well, you can kind of work on them to kind of get close the gap a little bit. But the biggest part about it is, I don't care what skill set you have if you don't know what the hell is going on. It doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 11: You can.
Speaker 6: He's really fast going the wrong way, it don't you know, he's really well if he doesn't understand where if he doesn't if it's a running back and he's really fast, but he doesn't understand the blocking scheme in front of him, and how this hole was supposed to open up, or how he's supposed to have to block up to get to his destination. He'll just keep running in the back of tonight and and and then he'd be smelling Nate farts.
Speaker 3: And him and him and is smart? Him and is smart. So I'm just gonna tell a quick story. Yeah, him and is smart. But Emmit used to be. He well he was. He was in Florida. You know, he cut back when he wanted to. We had to play called the stretch play, and where you had to take this thing to the outside eye at least to the outside out of the guard, the outside cheek of the guard, to the inside cheek of the left tackle, right tackle. IMMA take two three steps. And they just kept telling him, kept telling him until we played the Giants and he stepped back, and in large.
Speaker 5: Did he start stretching it out.
Speaker 3: He started to get to the outside out of the right.
Speaker 6: Pain is a great teacher. Pain is a great teacher.
Speaker 3: He stepped back of that too quick, large tale of man and boy.
Speaker 5: Wow, and then have to tell him again.
Speaker 3: And then we changed offense too, because Jimmy said, we're gonna cater to him, not to him.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting stat of the day. Weren't you looking someone up Marquise Bell?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I said that earlier.
Speaker 10: And he's number one, not on the air, oh sorry, number one profitable focus among myne bakers for.
Speaker 5: The year, for the year. And he's a safety.
Speaker 8: Coach.
Speaker 3: Told me as soon as I did. The kid from Texas got hurt, he said, Then I found my lineback.
Speaker 4: Who started that? Because that's a trend. Now what safety type.
Speaker 5: Builds are now?
Speaker 3: The baker?
Speaker 5: Yes, who was his DC one?
Speaker 3: Mars was it coach Mars Ryan? Was it him? And with Buddha?
Speaker 8: I don't know Quinn using that any of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he used it, but it just didn't come big to Buddha.
Speaker 5: It's gotta be I wonder how that worked. Were almost we're actually out of time.
Speaker 3: But Darren Woolson really started it. But yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say because It's one thing to have that talent to play that position, but the didn't.
Speaker 5: Have a d C that believes in you enough to do it in a game. When the game's on the way.
Speaker 6: They called it us to call it. We called it the star or.
Speaker 3: The buck because y'all had big Roy.
Speaker 6: I was after safety. I was out there, but like this in that in that term, you would hear like, oh, this is the starbacker, you know. And the different I think the difference between like Darren was Darren came down into the box. These jocus is in the box starting They starting the box like Buddha and them was like in the box.
Speaker 4: And it's not just a package. It's like the whole game.
Speaker 6: Your places it. This is the base defense.
Speaker 4: All right, Fellas, great show.
Speaker 5: I will not be here tomorrow. Y'all have to do it without host. I will be back Friday. Jesse, good scene, good scene.
Speaker 6: You can learn things on the football field, Kurt.
Speaker 4: Se Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air and turned off in the hallway. Nate, thanks for providing the entertainment and the breaks today. Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company in the back job. Thanks for keeping us on the social and internets. Channels. We will be back tomorrow, Cowboys Defense Eagle.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna miss y'all's breakdown.
Speaker 6: Of a J. Brown.
Speaker 3: You can actually listen the Baddest Man.
Speaker 5: I will listen. I have to listen to it on demand. I will, I'll listen. We'll see all right, We'll be back tomorrow. They'll be back tomorrow. I'll be back Friday, see y'all. Then hanging with the boys out later.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.