Speaker 1: Finally she's taking full responsibility. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: Before responsibility or partial responsibility before we get to the apology for an American nightmare. We don't usually talk that much politics in this One More Thing podcast, but I came across these two things about the election. One AOC said Trump's Madison Square garden event was a mini January sixth rally. Oh jeez, that's right reasonable. And then just came across this Harris supporter who said, they've been making a list of all the things in my life that I won't lose if Trump wins, so that I'll be able to calm down should he end up winning the election, if I ever get that way about a politician or anything practically, anything where I got to write down a list of things that are good in my life so I can deal with it emotionally.
Speaker 3: Please, I you know, granted, look, I'm a fella, I got a beard, I'm a male.
Speaker 1: Oh but do you have a pennis? Were you born with a pennice?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Boy, were you born with Because you can have a pen You could have had to add a dictomy, but you were born with it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, oge Man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, anyway, original Genitalia. I remember where being panic stricken about everything was not revealed or revered rather as like a positive character, right, I go to pieces when everything happens was not a brag.
Speaker 1: Right. I was talking to somebody about that the other day. When did man or a woman please?
Speaker 3: Some of the toughest humans I've ever known? My wife were utterly unflappable American females.
Speaker 1: When did that flip that? It went from being the cool people keep it all inside and hide it and and soldier on to the cool people exaggerate the smallest things in fall to pieces over it that made you more cool, Like they're more upset than I am, so they get higher rank for some reason.
Speaker 4: Weird Jonathan Hite and Greg Lukianoff.
Speaker 3: I think it could probably nail that down pretty well, the coddling of the American mind.
Speaker 1: The Landmark book on the topic. Somewhere in the trophies for Everybody phase.
Speaker 3: Something all the one Unholy stew Yes, So this girl probably got a singing trophy at some point.
Speaker 1: We talked about this last week. I'm kind of excited about hearing the unbleeped version. I've only heard the bleeped version. So they had a third party debate on c SPAN two for the candidates that aren't Kamala Harrison Donald Trump. If you're a third party candidate, they had a debate, and you didn't know what happened. In fact, over at sea Span, they don't. They apparently didn't think it rose to the level of the main seam se Span. They put it on se Span two. Even c Span thought we're better than this electorally useless. I'm told it was actually quite a thought provoking exchange of views, but nobody saw it. I'll let tree forest, et cetera. I'll let you watch it and then give me tell you all about it. Tell me all about it. But for some reason at the debate, they felt like they had to have somebody sing the national anthem, and I don't know this girl is this bad baby.
Speaker 3: Loomis with a dollar sign yes, And her singing didn't go well, and she dropped a couple of bombs and became a scandal.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Can I go back?
Speaker 5: Can I go back?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: Hesting?
Speaker 5: I got too nervous, Oh Luma dollar, So she says, oh, f there.
Speaker 1: Somebody goes we're live. We're live sullying the airwaves of c SPAN two R two handfuls of people across the country.
Speaker 4: What about the children who were a watch.
Speaker 1: If your kid's watching c SPAN two the Third Party Debate, you got one weird kid on your hand.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't scream at it in its stroller.
Speaker 1: But there the highlights of.
Speaker 4: You've seen that video.
Speaker 2: That video is awful.
Speaker 1: Jeez, no kidding. The highlights of the Third Party Debate weren't going to be good enough for your kid. They needed to see it live if they were watching that anyway. So the singer apparently has decided to resurrect the career of Loomis. What's the persons Luma dollar, Luma dollar, Loomis with a dollar sign for a ness.
Speaker 3: Yes, very quid Loomis is now apologizing.
Speaker 1: I think I guess from.
Speaker 7: The bottom of my heart, I wanted to apologize and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to mess up the national anthem, and I wanted to thank you guys for giving me a chance and believing in me. And I'm sorry you guys that I messing up, and please, please please forgive me. You know this has been something I've been scared of since I was a little girl, and I've always was scared I was going to fail, and then.
Speaker 1: I did, having to sing at the third party debate. That's what you've been scared of since you're a little girl.
Speaker 4: I tell you what.
Speaker 3: On ESPN five, you will get a chance to work your way back to C Span two.
Speaker 1: That was your dream. That's a good question, Michael.
Speaker 6: As a young singer, I someday pictured myself not at the center of the Super Bowl singing the national anthem, but in front of the Green Party candidate at the third party debate.
Speaker 2: Also not worried about dropping the F bomb, is more concerned about messing up the national anthem.
Speaker 4: Right, if you.
Speaker 3: Quit yourself well on ESPN five, we've booked you for QVC B and if that goes well, perhaps perhaps someday again you will taste the sweet nectar of singing on c Span two.
Speaker 1: Oh Loomis, Oh the QVC. We're gonna have you sing the national anthem for the release of the but jeweled Spatulas that we're going to sell it to aim.
Speaker 3: I had always thought I would sing the national anthem at a sporting event, and I never did, And at this point. I have no interest in it anymore, but I do always your dreams, Well, I know I did. Our friend Pat Walsh did. Didn't he at Raley in Sacramento for the baseball game? Yeah, Triple A Rivercats.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which it takes guts, Yeah, absolutely does, absolutely does, because you're you're all alone and you're exposed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just I did a little profit loss analysis and I thought, all right, if I absolutely nail it, knock.
Speaker 4: It out of the park, if you'll forgive the metaphor, what good does it do?
Speaker 1: Nobody will think about it ever again?
Speaker 4: And what are the chances of effing it up? A little bit?
Speaker 3: You get dry mouth, you get a little nervous, you got the echo coming back at you. I thought, no, no, it's a car wreck waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I've thought about it myself too, not actually doing it, but like if I were doing it, I'd be more concerned about getting the words messed up than it in the note. I would think, I'm gonna be so focused on this, I'm gonna forget the words. And that's that's Yes, that's a real embarrassment there too. I mean, you can really, really make yourself look bad. You start getting the words wrong.
Speaker 3: And plus, Katie, I don't know if have you ever been a musician.
Speaker 4: Have you ever played an instrument?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I play guitar.
Speaker 4: Oh okay. Have you ever.
Speaker 3: While you're playing start to think, hey, this is going really well? Yeah, because it's inevitable if you start thinking in that it's over if you have a certain sort of brain.
Speaker 8: M hm.
Speaker 3: And I have fought that every bar I have played since I was like eight years old of music. Focus, Joe, focus, I am focusing, and this is going really hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over exactly.
Speaker 2: I used to make videos of myself playing guitar and singing. In the second that went through my mind. It was like toast awful starting over. He screwed something up and.
Speaker 8: I just see me, Oh Sie, can you ramparts? I mean like right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: I just start saying or over and over again or or the more sweet.
Speaker 3: Somebody helped me out because everybody sing, let's do this as a group tonight. Yeah, who needs the stress?
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 3: About five years ago, I was giving a speech on the flat tack.
Speaker 1: I wet my pants on.
Speaker 4: C Span three. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it, red parts,