Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel. With a lot going on in individual stocks this morning. Valerie starting off with Nvidia, big moves from President Trump and apparently some big mosts from China as well.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yeah, exactly a lot in the fine details with this Nvidia announcement, but in Video shares are in the green. They're up six tens of one percent, and that comes after Trump has given approval for them to sell a chip called the H two hundred used in AI inprints into China in exchange for a twenty five percent surcharge, and Video shares originally had risen as much as two point nine percent in after hours trade. Now that decision allows Video to potentially regain some business in China. But the keyword there is potentially, because we've also heard from the FT reporting that Chinese regulators are discussing ways to limit permits in access to this chip. That's despite Trump's export approval, so again another sign that China is really pushing for self sufficiency in chip production. Similar move happened back when the Trump administration lifted the export ban of the H twenty chip from the Nvidia. Beijing also moved to limit access to it. So a bit of back and forth for Nvidia. But we're just slightly in the green for the share of half of one percent.
Speaker 3: I guess there's probably going to be a lots more back and forth when it comes to the entertainment companies that are at.
Speaker 2: War with each other.
Speaker 3: For Warner Brothers Discovery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Paramount out with that hostile bid, and yesterday's session. The key thing really in the pre market move is that Paramount shares are continuing to trade higher. They leaped by nine percent in yesterday's session. They're up another three and a quarter now. A lot of speculation and why Paramount is trading so strongly off the back of this, because normally someone who does make an acquiring bid like this, shares normally trade in the red off the back of it. But I think there's a lot of attention on the fact that those who are pledging equity in this deal that being a lot of those Middle East funds, you know, the Saudi Arabia PIF Qatar is also involved. They've agreed to forego governance rights or board seats, which essentially is giving a lot of cash in Paramount's hands with not a lot of strings attached. That's positive for the shareholders. So perhaps that's why we're seeing the outperformance again today for Paramount amid this Hostel takeover bid for Warner Brothers.
Speaker 3: We've also had some familiar names out this morning with new guidance for investors. What stands out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so some companies are hosting investor days today, one of them being CVS. That one is a positive share move up over three percent. They issued an annual forecast, it seemed to become better than the market expected. They also announced some new technology products and services offerings as well. The other one is Home Depot a bit of a different story here. Ahead of their investor day, they gave a cautious preliminary forecast for next year, citing the challenging US housing market. So they're seeing shares of home Depot down one point four percent. However, Home Depot did detail that they are ready for a potential rebound in the housing market. They did detail a market recovery scenario where they see four to five percent sales growth in that scenario. There is another home builder that is citing weakness in the housing market. I want to bring to your attention. That's Toll Brothers down over four percent. They are citing softness in many markets for the luxury home builder. This is out with their results out last night, and they gave a week forecast for deliveries in twenty twenty six, which is surprising, Nathan, because Toll Brothers, being the home builder at the top price point of the market, was thought to be a bit more resilient to the housing slowdown. But that's proving not to be necessarily the cases, weren't it.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's reaps from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.