Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: Killer dad Chris Watts murders his pregnant wife Shenan and their unborn baby boy Nico, and both office little girls Bella and Celeste. Tonight, bombshell Chris Watts, secret prison bride who is marrying family annihilator Chris Watts, And to just top it off, steamy makeout sessions behind bars with witnesses. Ew Good Evening. I'm Nancy Grace. This is Crime Stories. I want to thank you for being with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to trust me that when I tell you that these two beautiful girls right here, I did nothing to them.
Speaker 4: And to my beautiful wife, I did nothing to her. I don't think anything.
Speaker 3: I could out him by the thing I'd ever knew it, but I did. I had put my hands around my wife's man. I looked at her and I.
Speaker 5: Just call top her.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she ly should.
Speaker 6: I didn't find out she was disappeared, like she had gone missing until like he was being investigated. I remember I was doing a haircut at the like when it came on the radio. We were with the radio. We were listening to you at work, and they had said something about like husband of you know she and they said Chris Watt, and I was like, that sounds so familiar, but I just I didn't think anything of it. And then I was going through on her Facebook and I saw like an article, you know, like I saw I recognize his his face. I can't put the tune together. And that's what I kind of, you know, that kind of kicked off from there. I felt horrible, horrible for for for her and those little girls. You know that that was initially, you know, just just devastate on us if he had the capacity to do that to his own family, Like, you know, like I'm just, you know, some some chick he was he messed with.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I hate the things that I let him do to me. I hate the things that I put up with from him. I hate the things that you know, if if how if getting away with what he was doing to me gave him a little bit more confidence to you know, treat the next one worse.
Speaker 2: That is one of killer Dad, Chris wats many many mistresses. That was Amanda McMahon speaking to our friends at Daily Mail. Now whoa, whoa. Don't get confused, because that is not the prison bride joining us an All Star panel the phenomenon law of who would move their whole family across the country to be closer to a convicted killer, much less a convicted three time killer. Straight out to Ruth Bashinski joining US investigative crime reporter Daily Mail, who broke the story. Ruth, who is the mysterious Lizzie?
Speaker 8: She sure as mysterious Nancy.
Speaker 9: So her name is Lizzie Henderson, and what we know about her is actually a thirty ninety year old realtor. She was living in Cleveland, Ohio, just doing multiple jobs, and she basically was in a lot of you know, different relationships with it seemed like older men that nothing seemed to ever. You know, she never got married. She was pretty much living a single life. And she we don't really know how she met Chris, but they've been together for we could say since with certainties, since twenty twenty four. And she basically picked up and moved from Cleveland, Ohio to racing in Wisconsin to be closer to the present where he is going to be in for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: I wonder how that works. Oh okay, I've got a question for the New York Control Room. Why is it every time we cover Chris Watts. You insist on showing him without a shirt? Nobody cares. Yes, that take it down now. I wait, let's just have a little refresher about who is Chris Watts who apparently is having steamy makeout sessions behind bars with his new prison bride who moved across the country to be with him. Dave Matt Crime Stories investigative reporter. What happened to Shenan, Nico, Bella and Celeste.
Speaker 10: Chris Watts strangled Shane Anne, who was pregnant with their son Nico. After strangling her, Chris Watts suffocated his little girls, Bella who was only four, and Ceci, who was three. Then, after suffocating these precious children, he shoved them through an eight inch hole into a crude oil container where he worked, leaving marks on their little heads from shoving them through the holes into those crude oil containers. And he buried Shane Anne in a shallow grave. That's what Chris Watts did.
Speaker 11: I like that?
Speaker 8: Sure, really, really, that's awesome.
Speaker 9: So pink means that's just the test.
Speaker 3: The pink is going to be girls.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, No idiot, When the line comes across the ept that means you're pregnant. The fact that the line is pink does not mean it's a girl. Out of all the women you cheated on Shannan with. And by the way, Dave mac, it's not Shane ann it's Sanan With. All the women you cheated on Shanan with, you should know about pregnancy tests. That's Shanane. She had on an oops, we did it again t shirt and he comes out and goes really while he went on to murder her their unborn son, Nico, and that will all his whole family, including the two little girls. And speaking of listen to Bella.
Speaker 12: My daddy is a hero.
Speaker 2: He helps me grow up sun He helped me.
Speaker 3: Oh s good too.
Speaker 8: He reads me books.
Speaker 2: He's calashes.
Speaker 7: A few.
Speaker 13: Food blue my daddy, Daddy, and love you.
Speaker 2: Bella and Celeste were horribly murdered and they were stuffed into cylindrical oil containers about that big, about eleven or twelve inches wide. To doctor Kendall Crown's joining US Chief Medical Examiner Terran County, Fort Worth, Star Off Mayhem and the Morgue. He is an esteemed lecturer at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU and has performed literally thousands of medical autopsies. Doctor Kendall Crowns explain how the two little girls, Bella and Celesti we were just watching were d sleeved and what does that mean.
Speaker 14: So desleeved is basically when you begin to decompose, your skin surface begins to come off, the bonds between the epidermis and dermas start breaking down, and your outer skin surface comes off. Now, the older girl, I believe her name was Bella, she also had abrasions on her body from being shoved through the opening of the oil drum, causing abrasions on her chest and back and buttocks as well. And also if you look at her autopsy report, she may have she probably struggled because there's injuries to her frinula, her gum lawe from being smothered. And then she also has the oil in her stomach, so I think she was possibly alive and gulping in the oil after she was shoved into the oil drum.
Speaker 2: Put up, Doctor Crown's, please hold on, I'm processing what you just said because I've heard about the skin coming off the little girl's arms being desleeved that I'll just checked on my notes and that container was only about eight inches that he shoved their bodies into. But I had not heard that the girls had oil in their stomach.
Speaker 14: What so it's the older one, Bella has oil in her Let me see what the autopsy report exactly says. But she has oil in her stomach contents, and she also on her tuxqoloity showed hydrocarbons and oxygenated volatiles, which would be associated with the oil drum itself. So to me, it looks like she could have been alive, like he smothered her. There's bruising on the frinula and on the gum line, but she was passed out and then he shoves her through the oil drum, causing the abrasions on her body, and then she may have woken up once in the oil drum and then drowned. Essentially an oil because you shouldn't have a positive tuxicology result if you were dead, because it wouldn't be able to circulate into your body. And also when you compare the two Bella to Celeste, the younger child, Celeste does not have any oil in her stomach, so she's probably dead when she goes in, whereas the older child who obviously fought back because she's bitter cheek. She's got damage of her frinuline and gum line. She possibly was still alive when she was put into the oil drums.
Speaker 2: Franz of Borkart criminal defense attorney, founder Boorcart Law Firm. Why should he get a prison bride and steamy makeout sessions?
Speaker 11: I don't think he can. Wisconsin is a non conjugal visit state. Nancy, so well, I'm just worrying.
Speaker 2: What has it's happening.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you, they're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: Let that happened. Yeah, Nanny, Nanni, boo boo, don't do dead again. It's already happened. How is it happening?
Speaker 11: So, Nancy, even though he's incarcerated for the rest of his life, he still enjoys the same constitutional rights that we do. That includes the right to have visitors, the right to be married. As sick and as disgusting as.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm looking at the Constitution, the pocket Constitution I carry with me. I don't see any thing in here about a three times Some would argue four time convicted killer having a right to conjugal visits. The Constitution does not have the word conjugal in it in one place? Would you like to tell everybody what conjugal means sex?
Speaker 11: Conal means intimacy, intimacy?
Speaker 2: Okay, what look around are you in pre k No? Conjugal visits mean sex visits like your van der Sloot has with all the women that come to see him. I believe he's father two children since he was behind bars. That's what conjugal visits mean. Oh dear, don't take him down. The sight of him makes me ill. That's what a conjugal business. I don't see where the founding father says convicted killers have a right to get it on.
Speaker 11: But he hasn't had conjugal visits. Is there an allegation that he's had so with this woman? I don't think there is.
Speaker 2: Head blowing off? Dave Matt, can you please help Franz Bordheart, It's already happened. There are witnesses that saw the steamy makeout session behind bars on visiting day.
Speaker 10: Nancy in Wisconsin. In this prison, each inmate is allowed eight to ten seconds of physical contact with their visitor when the person arrives and when they leave. But for anybody who's familiar with how the prison system works, and our witnesses in there that saw the makeout session, it can go much longer than the eight to ten seconds. Once you allow touching, it goes as far as they can possibly take it.
Speaker 1: And that's what apparently is happening.
Speaker 10: Garts just turned the other way.
Speaker 2: To Ruth Bashenski, joining US investigative crime reporter at deal Email, who broke this story. There are steamy makeout sessions going. I don't know who this woman is. But before I get to who is mysterious Lizzie?
Speaker 1: What can you?
Speaker 2: Can you refresh Franz more parts recollection, in other words, talk some sense into him. It's happening. It's not not supposed to happen. It's already happened.
Speaker 9: Nancy is right, Franz, it is happening. They have apparently they did get married somehow. You know, we attempted to get those records and what we were getting some pushback from, I guess the officials in Wisconsin because unless I was next to Ken, they wouldn't release any information about what officially went down with Lizzie Henderson and Chris Watts. But what we know is that she was wearing a wedding band, a wedding ring, she legally changed her name to Lizzie Watts, and it just seems like it seems crazy. I mean, I'm sitting here and this whole story is bizarre. I think we're all wondering the same thing. Why would she want to be with someone who is an absolute psychopath. I'm still trying to investigate that, you know, God willing off on the answer at some point.
Speaker 8: But yeah, so it's happening in real time, and I'm.
Speaker 9: Sure she's still going to continue seeing him because now she's his wife.
Speaker 2: You were seeing pictures of Lizzie Henderson, the blushing Bride from our friends at Daily Mail.
Speaker 7: I was in a really, really, really bad place and I got friends to friend request from Chris on Facebook and I was like, Ah, what the heck, I'm never going to meet him, except well, one thing led to another, and eight years later, we have two kids, we live in Colorado, and he's the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: That is Shenan Watts, pregnant with baby Nico at the time. She was murdered and buried in a shallow grave not far from where her two daughters were disposed of in those oil canisters. Dodger Kendel Crowns, could you explain what is coffin birth.
Speaker 14: So Coffin birth is when a pregnant individual decomposes and the gases that are formed by the bacteria of decomposition causing the body to swell and bloat up and the pregnant person these gases begin to push on the uterus. They and if it creates enough pressure, it actually forces the unborn fetus out of the birth canal along with the placina. So coffin birth is a pregnant woman who is decomposed and then the decomposition gas pushes the baby out.
Speaker 2: Shanan had coffin birth there in that shallow grave at the Enadarco oil field. Baby Niko was born, both of them dead of course when her body was discovered. So now we've got Lizzie Henderson under his spell, we had Shenann under his spell, and here is Amanda McMahon clearly under his spell. What spell that is, I'm not sure, but listen, he just.
Speaker 6: Kind of pulled the next to me and he rolled down the pastor window and I rolled down, you know, my window, and he was like, come, in or you know, I'm mocked, he's a get in here or whatever. It was very he was very sure, very forward, very sure of himself. He was able to turn in term a charm for anything he needed from.
Speaker 2: Our friends at Daily Now.
Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: I need help. A guy comes up, rolls down the window and says, get in and you just jump in. Okay to Dater Jeralan Utter, joining us clinical psychologists specializing in psychological evaluations, just like this, author of main lining Philly Survival Hope Resisting drug Addiction, author of Aftershot, How Past Events shake up your life Today, and produced from Startup Utter Nonsense, help me out. He rolls down the window and says, get in, and she just jumps in, like curb service, you know, like an asnic you pull up, you toot too, and they bring you a hamburger like that.
Speaker 12: Like that, exactly like that. So I think it's important to pay attention to what she said after that. She said he was very forward. Was she indicated that he was very assertive. And there's something that I kind of want to bring to everyone's attention. There's a psychological concept Nancy called the halo effect and the halo effect has to do with what somebody looks like. So people who are perceived objectively as more attractive or handsome, they tend to like positive traits get associated or attached to them, whereas somebody who's less attractive.
Speaker 2: You know, he's handsome, doctor Jerlyn, I think he looks like Satan.
Speaker 12: He looks like Satan to you, But there are people and women out there that find him attractive, and don't put me in that list, because I'm with you, Nancy. I don't feel as though he's attractive at all. But there's a concept called the halo effect, a psychological concept, and that concept has to do with people who are perceived as attractive. It's hard for you to associate bad things with them. So if you're attractive and you're good looking, then people can't, you know, wrap around their heads that they could do something like this. They essentially get away with more, which is a perfect concept or quality to have if somebody perceives you as attractive and to also be a sociopath, which is what Christopher Watts is.
Speaker 2: To Ruth Bishenski, joining US investigative crime reporter at Daily Mail, who broke this story. Ruth, what can you tell me about the prison visit.
Speaker 8: So, Nancy, there was a I found this woman.
Speaker 9: She actually was visiting a loved one at the Dodge Correctional Facility where Chris is staying in for the rest of his life, and she saw she was actually in shock because Chris was a few feet away from her. She was with her person, just having a snack. The next thing she knows, she turns around and sees Chris Watts with this woman. They were reading the Bible together. She was kind of having like a silent freak out, like turning around, goving, does anyone see what I'm seeing?
Speaker 8: This is Chris Watts.
Speaker 9: He killed his wife and on born son and two little daughters. And she was kind of having like a moment, and she walked closer to him so she can see his name tag that said Chris Watts. And she told me that she so wanted to see to him. You're my hero, Daddy's my hero. But obviously she knew she would get kicked out of the facility.
Speaker 8: If she did.
Speaker 9: But she was thinking what we're all thinking, why is he allowed to have this so called girlfriend now wife? And she was just as you know, agitated as we were like thinking, how could this go on? And when I spoke to Lizzie on the phone, she basically doesn't. She was very angry that I was actually trying to find her. She was angry that I was reaching out to family members. She did not want to be called. She doesn't want to be in the public eye. She basically was very defensive of being with Chris, and she was saying like it was between her, Chris and God, and that you know, people could perceive their relationship as being very strange and weird, and Chris knows how she feels. But she said that, you know, basically it's really no one's business. Yes, And you know, she's kind of like an alternative universe. I feel like she just is in denial with these heinous crimes that he committed, and she doesn't want to be in the public eye. And she's telling me she's a very private person. But meanwhile she's with America's most hated person in.
Speaker 8: The world, you know, kill her dad, Ruth.
Speaker 1: But she's gay.
Speaker 2: I appreciate them reading the Bible together, But what about the makeout session, as Franz board Card says, that didn't happen, Yes it did. It's called a conjugal visit boardcard. Is she the same one that saw that go down?
Speaker 11: She saw?
Speaker 9: Okay, so when she was in the visiting room and she saw Chris Watts, she saw them.
Speaker 8: They're not allowed to.
Speaker 9: Have any physical touch during the actual visit. All they can really do is talk and hold the Bible and pray. But when it was time to when they she arrived and when she left, they will really hugging and making out and kissing.
Speaker 8: They were literally all over each other.
Speaker 9: And then they got to take a picture together and you know, I don't know, he pays for it out of his commissary.
Speaker 8: It's like got dollas twenty five. And you know she saw them. They were ahead of her holding each other for this prison photo. And of course I was going to see that prison photo. I'll never get to see and I hope, but never say never.
Speaker 9: And yeah, she saw it with her own eyes, and she was freaking out, and I'm so happy that she shared this story with me and I got to report on it.
Speaker 8: So yeah, who knows, maybe she'll be pregnant.
Speaker 11: Who knows.
Speaker 6: We kind of connected or bonded over the fact that we were both going through what he told me separation from his He called her his baby mama or like just like he never referred to her as his wife. Like never remember him saying that he took the angle that she was using the kids as a pond for him and kind of just dingling him and making his life miserable about it, you'd call her a psycho and cool digging just like any like just shot that you could take he took, you know, like, he said that her purpose in life was to make him miserable. At one point I knew you know what it was when going into it, and he made it very clear.
Speaker 2: Okay from our friends at Daily Mail, let me understand that what I'm seeing right there. To Ruth Bashinski, there you seeing one, I mean, get in line of his many mistresses. That's a Manda mcmon stating we connected and bonded over the fact we were going through what he told me separation. You mean they're still married, that's what that means. He called her his baby mama. It's a good thing I don't have a gun because if my husband ever called me that, there would be some shooting. Okay. He called her the baby mama. Okay, what else? He never referred to her as his wife. He took the angle the children were a pawn, and he called her a psycho and a gold digger. She was the one working, having to travel out of town. She worked, She redecorated the whole home on a budget. She bought the clothes for the children, She took care of the children, She fed the children. He just showed up. What and he's calling her the gold digger.
Speaker 9: Well, it shows you how twisted his mind was. I mean, he was You're not dealing with someone normal, clearly. I mean, you know, when Amanda met Chris, they met on Tinder, and it just seems like he was, you know, going through all these dating apps and Amanda seemed like she was just part of his playbook. And you know when they met at the chick fil A, we were it on this and they went in the car that had the tinted windows, and then they drove to her apartment and they had, you know, their sexual encounter. They were, you know, playing a really strange movie.
Speaker 8: In the background. I'm sure you'll get to that. Shutter Islands. That movie was so eerie. It was about Leonardo DiCaprio was in it.
Speaker 9: It's about this marshal that kills his children first and then he kills his wife. And Chris was the one who decided to choose that movie. When he was alone with Amanda having you know, very rough sex that terrified her basically just like what went on in that bedroom. I just can't stop thinking about it because I felt like he was enacting what he was eventually.
Speaker 8: Going to do with Shanan, So I mean, I can go on it, you know.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, she described it as, you know, he put his hands around his neck, he was choking her.
Speaker 8: He went from normal to crazy. His eyes just completely.
Speaker 9: Changed, and that he basically had this animalistic fury in him, so you know, he like turned her around and wanted to do things to her that you know, so violating. Like you know, they were they were pretty much on a first date. You know, it's one thing that they got intimate, but how he was acting towards her which just completely so scary. I mean, it's hard to believe they continued with this ten month relationship, but that's what they did. She was going through a tough time with her ex and custody of their kids. He was lying to her every minute. She was also addicted to prescription drugs.
Speaker 8: They were both in. She was in a bad place. She wasn't thinking rationally, That's why she chose Chris.
Speaker 1: But clearly he was.
Speaker 8: He's a madman.
Speaker 9: I have no idea what to see Hunterson season hell, and I'm just intrigued. As the whole contrary.
Speaker 6: When we met that first time in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: You know, crime stores with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 6: Knew what was going to happen. The whole thing was was just off. It was like, you know, it was like a snap of finger like things just kind of changed, Like he just got like it's like something came over him and we went from normal to crazy like brutal on those he just didn't look the same in his eyes. It happened way too fast, you know, and it threw it threw me off. I wasn't scared like I was going to die. I was scared like he was going to hurt me, you know, like not intentionally. We only ever had sex like maybe two other times. I would always you know, I mean, he definitely hit me up a lot more and for that we hung out a few more times without.
Speaker 5: The physical stuf.
Speaker 6: He was extremely rough and he didn't really ask permission, and he choked me. I'm pretty aggressive. It's so awkward for me to talk about all this. He had his hand on my neck and it probably eoks hu minutes in and that's when it kind of turned a little crazy. So he had put his hand on my throat and I got all freaked out anyway, and you just kind of have this like animalistic fury. Like it was just hard, it was rough, and he just went into his own He just didn't look the same in his eyes. He took me by by the neck and he grabbed me from underneath. He pulled me up and then he like turned me down and it was very, very uncomfortable. It was weird.
Speaker 2: That's from our friends at Daily Mail and the Trial USA. Well. The new prison Bride, the mysterious Lizzie Henderson is not the first woman to fall for and marry a convicted killer. Until death do us part a forever? Promise to have it to hold But what if you can't hold them? What if they're behind bars for murder? Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, the Menindez Brothers, Chris Watts, they all found love in luck of as a victim of violent crime. Myself these murder matchups behind bars are very hard for me to understand. Why do women marry men who murder? Why with all the men and the world, would anyone ever marry a murderer.
Speaker 4: It feels wonderful.
Speaker 10: I'm so happy.
Speaker 15: I'm so thrilled, very proud, and a little believe that the bulk of the day is over and just hopefully I can enjoy the rest of my day in peace with Richard's family and think about the importance of what happened today.
Speaker 2: That from our friends at Foxination marrying a murderer, and from hard Copy that was Daren Lloyd, Richard Ramirez's wife. But there's more.
Speaker 6: Have you ever found somebody that you kind of feel like, kind of saves you when you lost yourself.
Speaker 7: I almost feel like he's like my lighthouse. He guided me back to where I really needed to be.
Speaker 2: Gonzalez admits he takes the butt of a gun and beats Thornberg repeatedly in the head, bashing his skull in and leaving him on the floor to bleed out and die. Gonzalez confessed, and he pled guilty in court under oath. He pleads guilty to a brutal murder but it didn't matter to his prison bride, and we see it played out again now with killer Dad Chris Watson. That's from our friends at Fox Nation, and you were hearing Kathy Gonzalez Tattoo. Gonzalez's wife. Joining us now is a special guest, CHERYLN. Catl, the author of The Murders of Christopher Watts and The Meany Faces of Christopher Watts, A five year update. Cherylin thank you for being with us tonight. What's your take on the new prison Bride?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 13: Back in early twenty four she messaged me and told me that she was kind of with him and wanted to know what I thought, And I told her what I thought, and she ended up cussing me out and telling me I was so totally wrong. That well, at the very beginning, when I asked him about her, he denied knowing her, and when I told her that, she got really angry. And I didn't know for sure, because there's a lot of women that have messaged me and so that they are getting letters with him from him, and they're very sexual and they felt, you know, this romantic tie to him.
Speaker 8: So I don't know about Lizzie here, She's not going to.
Speaker 2: Be the only one.
Speaker 8: I hope she realizes that.
Speaker 13: But what I question that I have, Nancy, is are those Shenan's wedding rings that Lizzie is wearing?
Speaker 2: Oh, dear Lord in Heaven. Okay, Ruth Bashinski? These are shots from the Daily Meal and with us is Ruth Bashinski who broke the story, the investigative crime reporter at Daily Meal. Is he using his dead wives wedding man and rings with Lizzie?
Speaker 9: That is literally the first thing that went through my mind. I'm like, that has got to be answerings. I mean, where would he get them? But we are looking into that right now, Nancy, because I need to find out where those rings came from.
Speaker 8: I doubt they came from. I don't know where they're from, but it seems like it. Hope you should.
Speaker 2: But it's Ruth, Ruth, Ruth, I guarantee you this. He did not get them at the prison Commissary. I believe you'd answer, what, if any financial gain could there possibly be to marry Chris Watts, a family annihilator, a guy that's had a string of affairs behind his wife's back. Let's think, think, think, ye we.
Speaker 5: According to content creator Plunder, please go over subscribe to her channel, give her credit where it's due. Lizzy filed a Chapter seven bankruptcy before moving from Ohio to Wisconsin. Why do I bring this up?
Speaker 2: And why does Plunder bring it up as well?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not here to air dirty laundry.
Speaker 5: Like I said, a lot of us have known about Lizzie for two years and have said nothing because we care about this woman's genuine safety.
Speaker 2: It's not about.
Speaker 5: Going after her because she's with Chris Watts. We're here to be like honey, we want you to find Jesus and get away from Chris Watts. But anyway, digress. So the reason we bring up the Chapter seven bankruptcy is it would show motive as to why would you marry Chris Watts.
Speaker 2: To Cherylyn Catle joining us, author of the Murders of Christopher Watts. In the Many Faces of Christopher Watt's A five year updates Cherylyn. Isn't it true that Christopher Watts stated at some point during the investigation he took Sheenan's rings off her finger and set them on the bedside table.
Speaker 13: Yes, and I do believe that his mother ended up with him for him, There's very few things that they were able to keep, but the wedding rings were.
Speaker 8: I would be so shocked that those are not the wedding rings that sNaN wore.
Speaker 2: Okay, doctor Jerald utter, what does that mean? Who wants to wear a murdered woman's wedding rings and band? This has got to mean something psychologic. But I'm just a trial lawyer, So what does it mean.
Speaker 12: If we assume that that's even true. I mean, with my experience working with incarcerated individuals and people who love them, a lot of the times, the women who get married, you know, to men who are incarcerated or partner who are incarcerated, are actually out there buying their own rings on their own dime. So I wouldn't be surprised if, if you know, if she purchased them herselves. But I think, but I think the bigger issue here is and what people are like. I don't understand how all person can do this, How can a woman do this? He's an annihilator, he's a sociopath. But this is one thing psychologically that you want to pay attention attention to a lot of women, aren't this woman in particular, Lizzie is not seeing the Chris that killed his family. Yes, intellectually she has received that information and she knows. But what she what she's saying and what her own psyche's doing, is she's thinking, well, you know, I can get to the good man underneath, like I know that there's a good guy there and I'm the one me, Lizzy, I'm the one who has helped bring that out. And you know, this relationship is going to be different. Another thing that is really important to understand is regardless if you're getting conjugal visits or you're getting a little sexy or intimacy or whatever you want to call it with someone in prison, the other thing that you want to remember is it does not test what happens in the rural world. He will never be able to do to Lizzy what he did to Amanda and obviously what he did to Shanan. So him, you know that dark, the eyes getting dark, and having like sex with her and it being rough, It'll never get like that with her. So for Lizzie, it affords her the opportunity to continue living in this fantasy world that isn't representative of the real Chris. So you know, when people say, how can a woman be like that? It's because they're getting a version, not the murderer version. They're getting a different version of this person, and they'll never get close to Chris Watt's the murderer. She'll never see that the way that other people in the outside world have.
Speaker 5: I don't think that that Ted belongs in jail. The things in Florida don't concern me any more than the things out west do.
Speaker 11: And those are the things you think.
Speaker 8: These are trumped up charges.
Speaker 7: I don't think they had reason to charge Ted Bendy with murder in either Leon County or Columbia County.
Speaker 13: Are you in love?
Speaker 12: Yeah, the paperwork hasn't gone through yet, but we already con consider each other to be a husband and wife. People think you're crazy.
Speaker 8: I really don't care.
Speaker 16: There are many who would look at Richard Ramirez in the eye and say he is the face of evil, And yet you look at him and you see the man of your dreams.
Speaker 2: Yes, who needs glasses here?
Speaker 8: I can't help the way the world looks at him. They don't know him the way I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, just to quick round up, the first woman you saw is Carol Ann Boone. Ted Bundy's wife. The next is from our friends at CNN. That's often star Elaine Burton, Charles Manson's fiance. And the last one you saw is Daren Lloyd Richard Ramirez's wife. Okay, I'd like to just say.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with them?
Speaker 2: But they seem normal to Franz, Borcart joining US veteran trial lawyer out of the Baton Rouge jurisdiction. Could this be a ploy to dig herself out of a BA cruptcy? Is that why she's with Chris Watts?
Speaker 11: Or or attention seeking behavior because she's got a platform now we're talking about her, we're on national TV, no less. So it could be that Wisconsin has a son of Sam law where he can't profit off of his crime. I don't know that it extends to her Nancy. So can she profit off of her story? Yeah? I think that she can profit off of the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's an excellent point. Franz to Sheryl and Catle joining us author of the Murders of Christopher Watts and The Many Faces of Christopher Watts a five year update. You worked with him extensively creating those two books. Is he that charming that he could literally charm the pants off this woman.
Speaker 13: Not to me, he's not, but I can see why some women who maybe have a need for the extra affection or attention, or maybe something happened in there. I'm not a psychiatrist, so I'm not able to say exactly what happened, but why she would want someone like that. It's got to be a tension seeking like they've said, or that she's had something.
Speaker 2: Look at your monitor. Yes, that's a sheet that she then was wrapped in. She had the baby in that she dirt. Yeah, what that's where she gave birth to baby Nico, and then he just shoveled the dirt on her face. And somehow he's still getting women even behind bars. A prison bride. Just a quick reality check to doctor Kendall Crown's esteemed a lecturer at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU and are now medical examiner Dodger Kendall Crowns, could you just remind us what happened to Shenan?
Speaker 14: So Shenan had injuries of her neck that were consistent with a manual strangulation, hemorrhages in her neck musculature. So she was strangled until she passed out, and then her husband continued to strangle her for another three to four minutes until she was dead. Once she was dead, she was then buried in a shallow grave where she decomposed over time, her bodies changing green discoloration, skin stepping off, filling up with decompositional gases that then created the pressure that resulted in the coffin birth or the baby Nico being expelled out of the vaginal canal. So she died a fairly brutal death because it's a manual strangulation. So she probably fought back and was just strangled until she was dead.
Speaker 3: And then what happened?
Speaker 4: I looked at her just.
Speaker 3: On the top or you gonna tell some Shenan did the same thing?
Speaker 4: Okay, did you.
Speaker 3: Get to knock her down?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: She was already on the ground, and I was like, I just pulled her off on the bed and oh, kind of one moved out. Okay. So it's not as though, yeah, and I didn't hold her out, No, like I went to fold her down like.
Speaker 4: I did that. I I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I lost it.
Speaker 4: Sure, Okay, So Sheinano was playing on the ground on the bed, on the bed.
Speaker 3: The babies are gone.
Speaker 4: Didn't uh?
Speaker 3: I had put my hands around my wife's neck and did that same thing.
Speaker 4: It did sinan play back at all.
Speaker 12: H just done.
Speaker 3: The rags that I had After seeing that, I.
Speaker 7: Not much.
Speaker 3: Are they in the tanks? Can somebody who doesn't know what they're doing helping us?
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't in the tanks.
Speaker 3: It's a mixture of oil and lurt.
Speaker 4: Tell me that she found out here? Where's that from?
Speaker 3: That was what Schanelle was wrapped in.
Speaker 4: What about the curlies? What were they wrapped in?
Speaker 3: Just a empatunas.
Speaker 4: Don't their blankets or anything? Where did their blankets and tight.
Speaker 3: Contracto m probably flew back and lend or something right here?
Speaker 4: Where did you shut them or put them?
Speaker 10: That was right here?
Speaker 2: Shenanne wants pregnant with Niko, four year old Bella three year old celest All dead and he their killer has a new prison bride and steamy makeout sessions. We wait as justice unfolds, And now we remember an American hero, Lieutenant John Stewart Lake CITYPD, South Carolina, killed in the line of duty after twenty one years on the force, leaving behind his sons, Nicholas and to Shaun American hero Lieutenant John Stuart. Thank you to our guests for being with us, but especially to you for being with us tonight. Nancy Gray signing off for tonight, but I'll see tomorrow night, and until then, goodnight,