Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table.
Speaker 2: A podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling.
Speaker 1: One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 4: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shayan Irving and Dylan the Graphics Guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 3: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Well, through the magic of radio and podcasting, we're able to do this. We're in Green Bay and I've got Dylan the graphics Guy. Picture Deray Marvin is here and then Bad Larry. Are you at the Jersey Shore?
Speaker 4: I am at the Jersey Shore?
Speaker 1: Okay? And uh shaye, where are you?
Speaker 2: I'm in Connecticut?
Speaker 1: Okay? Any headlines here? Anything anybody needs to mention before we dive into this.
Speaker 4: Dan, Yeah, you you met my buddy Tom Metcalf. We parked in his driveway when we went to the Parker House that night. Yeah, he's a Wisconsin Stephens Point grad. Okay, so I see you got the basketball coach coming on or something.
Speaker 1: Uh he stopped by.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if you got any swag, I need a Wisconsin Stevens point sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you brought that up. You could have brought that up privately. I don't know what it has to do. Got this.
Speaker 3: Everyone was concerned.
Speaker 1: Actually great? Uh, Dylan and Ray and some of the back room guys. They had a flip Cup challenge at a bar last night, and you guys put on a show. Although I think everything that you won in the flip Cup competition you lost at the casinos. That sound about right, Neil.
Speaker 3: We did. We We figured the best use of our winnings from flip Cup would be to craft a little parlay together. And the first game was Warriors plus four.
Speaker 1: So that lost.
Speaker 3: So then that was Dad immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Jimmy Butler hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We did win some on the tables though, Dan, although.
Speaker 2: We all drinking point beer or what.
Speaker 3: Miller lite?
Speaker 1: Oh don'tkay, Dad, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. The casino we were at last night charges for drinks, Like if you're at the table playing, you have to pay for drinks. And I thought that was insanity.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, usually they want to apply you full of alcohol.
Speaker 3: It ends up usually the like a gin and tonic ends up costing me about one hundred dollars there, then they're free, but so why do you have to add the little tax on top?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Ray, you were going to say.
Speaker 5: I was just going to mention that there's no free alcohol there, which is I've never been to a casino that doesn't give you free all, not once.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're all like that in Wisconsin or what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely Oh yeah, uh shay, you were in Dallas.
Speaker 2: I was in Dallas for a week. God's or. Everybody was happy and very healthy, big bonded. I'm just happy to get that. I got to experience it and show my kids what normal life is like outside of New England.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, they have to be excited about the Cowboys in the draft. I'm sure, Oh dude.
Speaker 2: They're not. I'm not. I'm scared. I don't like this at all. I'm getting nervous again. It's way too early in the year. It's freaking April and I'm already I got nerves. Danny, It's not fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, But why is Jerry Jones telling people that they might be trading up? Like, can't there be an element of surprise? Why does they have to always have Jerry saying something.
Speaker 2: You know what Jerry's like. Jerry's like and I'm going to toe the line here, but Jerry's like a drug addict. The first time Jerry got high was with the running back trade a long time ago. He's been chasing that dragon ever since, and he has lost every trade since then. None of them have ever made sense since our.
Speaker 1: That that was his his high. And you can never recapture that first time A long time to Okay.
Speaker 2: Got that needle in his arm.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought you were toeing the line.
Speaker 2: The one I didn't even cook.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way I saw. I saw bad Larry over Easter. But Bad Larry's trying to get a hold of me, and he calls Ray. So he has he has my name attached to Ray because he put it in his phone, so he won't know who Ray is unless he puts my name, so he thinks he's calling me. And how many times did he call you? Ray?
Speaker 5: So he calls me, He's like Dan, I was like, Larry, it's it's Ray. I text you every single day almost, and he's like, Okay, sorry to bother you, hangs up, calls me.
Speaker 6: Right back, he's like, oh, hey, Dan, I just called Ray by accident. I'm like straight, and he's like, you know, I'm in Milford. Of like we could go play darts. He's like, I'm gonna call Dan. Calls me again, and I just dog, I don't answer it.
Speaker 3: And eventually you got to let him figure this one out on his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I saw Larry had the entire family there had uh, well not.
Speaker 3: His other son right at your house? Then no, no, no, god, no, yes, I didn't think so no.
Speaker 1: No, he was over at a friend of his around the block. We went over.
Speaker 3: There's some neutral territory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh and bad Larry I think stayed up till four point thirty playing poker with a couple of young kids drinking beer.
Speaker 3: Did he barf again or now?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, that's good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Like no, but Larry didn't. You don't barf when you drink beer. You barf when you do. Man drinks, No, man drinks Larry.
Speaker 4: This is this is all Budweiser, Yeah, all bud cans. I think we went up with sixty and there was we had to go back out on Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: I don't tell bad the Blue laws bad Larry brings up his own Budweiser instead of going you know, they probably have liquor stores up.
Speaker 3: Here, as if it's like a rare some rare fowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, this isn't like spotted cow here in wiscons.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that you I can't get out. I had some spotted cow on tap last night there. Very it ain't bad, very very tasty, very tasty. Okay, let's recap. Noa Kent to make the cut. He started off great, Hey, I was proud of you, bad Larry. You got an inside tip on somebody named Noah Kent and he ended up eleven over. But did you I don't even know what the numbers are, Ray, did you give me? Let's say, Okay, bad Larry is at thirteen. You won four and a half units last week, Shay lost ten and a half units. Let's go and Dylan. Dylan won six units last week. We're back then you're still minus twenty Yeah, bad Larry. The congratulations there, thank you?
Speaker 4: Ten John Ram stayed to make.
Speaker 1: A cop twenty Oh that was minus one sixty five? Ray? Do you want to do the math here to explain to why is it you there's always a discrepancy in the arithmetic here, always, always, always.
Speaker 3: You entwered it.
Speaker 1: It's it could be better. But Shay, I'll send you the sheet.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of blood on here, and I think he forgot all.
Speaker 2: Right whatever, all right, all right, all right, send it to me. We'll do the math later.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, Dylan, anything you want to uh recap since you actually had a winning weekend for a change, I would love to.
Speaker 3: Dan suing Jay him top five, cash it take it to the bank. That was it. That was the only better one. I lost all the other ones, but it was that was plus fourteen hundreds Dylan.
Speaker 5: Dylan went one in seven and still made six units on the mask.
Speaker 3: That is me gambling in a nutshell. I know the uh and actually Dan, it didn't happen. But you know who played very well was Max Homa finished top twelve? If you had him winning, yeah, win to Fran Yeah yes.
Speaker 5: Ray also sneaky on the Masters is Sung jay O's Ludwig a lot of money. He got triple bogie on eighteen that got him why he got top five?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you.
Speaker 3: Know it's nuts too. Do you remember Nick Dunlap shot eighteen over on Thursday and then shot two under on Friday, like you'd think, I mean, I'd probably withdraw after that first You're like, there's no way you can get that much better. Oh and one other thing down Bernhard Langer to make the cut. He was at two over on eighteen with like a four foot par putt and just go dropped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that brings us to a betch this week. Now we do you know, obviously NBA, we got hockey, you got baseball. We also have the draft as well and some golf. So bad, Larry, since you're the leader in the clubhouse, what are you gonna go with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really have any picks for the draft. I think top three picks are well, the top two picks are locked, and I just hope the Giants don't mess up and not take abdual Carter at three. But Dennis a crapshoot after that. So I don't really are we betting on the draft? I mean that's crying of crazy, right.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're saying I got top. You're saying it's crazy to bet on the draft and all the other ship that we bet on.
Speaker 4: Wait this way, you're I played three days a week.
Speaker 3: Larry, you just spent You just bet the White Sox under for fifteen games in a row.
Speaker 4: Drift games, you guys, Today is the last game you can last time you get in on it.
Speaker 1: Well, so far the White Sox are under.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: They're ten, twelve and two. You've lost two units.
Speaker 2: On the under.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes'm we're definitely going over those numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh my, so.
Speaker 4: That'll be full.
Speaker 3: Go look back at twenty five White Sox game to h All right, so they've been.
Speaker 4: Like three pushes last week, but go ahead, that's fine.
Speaker 1: What are you betting on? What are you betting on?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm betting on the Detroit Pistons tonight against the Knicks.
Speaker 1: Sure they give me they get one.
Speaker 4: I sending money line meaningless one point? Okay, Detroit money line, ham wore is gonna be the number one pick. My bookie had a minus twenty thousand. There was twenty thousand bucks to one one hundred dollars. Dude, Warry, it's the only way you guys are gonna catch me. No, I can't bet that. And Travis Hunter is the same thing at number two.
Speaker 3: Well, there's others.
Speaker 1: Was bet at number three, then if you want to make some money, or bet at five with Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Or spice it up a little, or just shut up.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna bet. I'm gonna I'm gonna bet Abdual Carter at number three. Give me one unit on him being the number three, and I don't know what the odds are.
Speaker 3: You're probably gonna five dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's like minus two thousand at this point.
Speaker 1: I'll check.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to You're gonna have to get a little outside the top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might have to do Sudoor Sanders. Yeah, first round or something like that. We'll come back to you.
Speaker 4: My boys, tell me he's twenty one at Pittsburgh. But that's no way, no way, boys, he's going he's going to Okay, give me one unit on him going twenty one at the Steelers.
Speaker 2: All right, you're there are two bets.
Speaker 4: There are my two bets.
Speaker 2: All right, say all right, Danny, I got Golden drafted before Mikal Williams plus one sixty. I got the sixth pick being Jante. Pretty sure he's French. Got Cowboys drafting old Scataboo plus nine hundred. I think that is Jerry Move and Luke Cataboo Stataboo where he's a cowboy. Now Luther Burden first round plus two thirty, Danny, I think the Rams take him in the first.
Speaker 1: Round seems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, shifty little boy. You know he's he's like five ten two oh five. So you remind me of a yeah exactly, the Cooper that just got rid of just a little tanner.
Speaker 1: Alrighty uh any golf?
Speaker 2: Oh you know it, Danny. I have the California kids, Kitty Yama and Morikawa will win plus twelve hundred, top ten as well, Kitty Yama Morikawa plus one oh five. There's two units there, and then Ray and the Gala plus one seventy, top twenty more in Windom laying one forty five, two units.
Speaker 1: Danny, all right, they SI he's a team event there and it is not in Switzerland. It is non Zurich Man. What's it in Louisiana? Yeah? And outside Dolins all right, Dylan, Uh got any what anything else?
Speaker 2: Shay? Yeah. The roommates going to Berlin next week, so I don't know if I'll be able to be in Milford or not. Might have to do it from the phone again.
Speaker 3: You're not going to Berlin?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I gotta work, Dylan, do you well? But I got a jobby job. No, the roommate's going to be gone and be dadding it up.
Speaker 3: Oh you got your solo.
Speaker 2: I'm solo with the kids for a week. The roommate will be overseas. It's going to be a hail holes.
Speaker 1: Now's the time to stop over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I should just disappear, but there's nobody to back me up.
Speaker 1: Danny, leave some food out like a cat, your kit. He'll be fine.
Speaker 2: They'll be taking care of me. What's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Dylan, all right, Dan draft bets. We went over some of these on the show. But Jalen Milroe second QB taking plus one thousand, yeah, mister irrelevant to be an offensive lineman plus four hundred like that, Matthew Golden under seventeen and a half minus one sixty five two units on that, y'all, y'all, and then shoulder under fourteen and a half plus two eighty and also should there to go to the Saints plus eleven hundred easy transition, same color scheme. Okay, uh, and then the Zurich Classic, I got Andrew Novak and Ben Griffin to win plus twenty two hundred.
Speaker 1: Right, we have to elect a new pope. I don't know if anybody wants to bet on who the new Pope will be, but I do have odds on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jean Franco Revasi at plus five thousand. Seems like you're stealing money.
Speaker 1: At that point you have Luis Antonio Toggel, who right now is the clubhouse favorite to be the next pope.
Speaker 3: Say, I'm going to guess you're you're pulling for a conservative pope, right.
Speaker 2: I'm not pulling for anything right because I'm not a papist. But I think there's a good price on Turksonko. He's a big lib. He's a big Yeah. They've been running that way for a while, so you know, might as well get somebody there.
Speaker 1: And you don't think that there's any correlation between the pope meeting with jd Vance and then the Pope dying right after.
Speaker 3: I find it almost impossible for there not to be.
Speaker 2: Oh No, jd Vance was on a secret mission, Uh, sent on a mission by the Conservative Catholics that he completed that mission, Danny, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that actually makes sense.
Speaker 1: I think Marjorie Taylor probably with second then she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not Catholic, though, is she?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't know anything. I don't know what she is. She loves the Lord of some sort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she would be. She would make a good LDS person.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who I'm going to go with his or DSL Pietro Perilin. I'm going Pietro Perilin like that, Yeah, as the next.
Speaker 3: Folk, not mateo zupe plus six zoope. Isn't that actually soup in Italian?
Speaker 1: I think it is last.
Speaker 3: I'm going for the soup po plus six hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's I just want to know their ages, that's all. Oh yeah, I'd like to get somebody in their seventies. Yes.
Speaker 3: Is it unlike the president where you actually want the pope to be older?
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah. Yeah, but you know, maybe a pope sixty five sixty eight, get.
Speaker 3: A little, get a little if you don't want them.
Speaker 1: To rever well. But that's kind of what I was open for.
Speaker 3: Do you want to be swapping out popes every three years?
Speaker 2: I think it's a fighting we can bet on it more. Watch the smoke da kind of.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, watch the smoke, all that.
Speaker 2: Smoke seventy all right in seventy six.
Speaker 3: Toggles sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they just did the odds based on age. They're like, hey, give it.
Speaker 2: There's one of them named a Pizza Bala. That's great, man, all.
Speaker 3: The Italian ones just have I had that.
Speaker 1: I had that last night, pizza the pizza Sabala. Let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did y'all go to the Oval office yet?
Speaker 3: No, we still haven't. We were we were gonna go last night, but then we actually stayed at the casino longer because we weren't getting absolutely crushed.
Speaker 2: But maybe place in Nina. There's a great place in Nina if you offline, if you need the direction.
Speaker 1: They all they were talking about going to a gentleman's club last night, and I just said, hey, I gotta have you. I gotta have you on board here. This's a big deal here, so can't can't have you mailing it in or being hungover.
Speaker 3: Never Dan. It is also that's a great financial move, is uh to go to the casino and then the gentleman's really wake up not regretting anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're not gonna lose any money there.
Speaker 2: Deal.
Speaker 3: I'm happy I did all of those things last night.
Speaker 1: You didn't go to the strip.
Speaker 3: Now, might we might go after the depending on how the draft goes tonight, Dan, maybe we'll maybe we'll go see some draftees there.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, you're gonna have any first round pickure.
Speaker 3: That's that's where you get the actual intel.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, okay with the shorties, go to the peppermint Minnow, I got somebody you got to.
Speaker 2: Ask for that.
Speaker 3: That's in like Appleton, I think.
Speaker 2: Right, Nina peppermint hippo. Sorry, yeah, you gotta ask anyway. We'll talk about it, but.
Speaker 3: I just wonder have your people call my people.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, that's it. That's it. We've done it. Do you think she's still dancing?
Speaker 2: She was a pro Danny, she should be.
Speaker 1: Okay, forgot a gift. You don't hang it up early, gosh, Lebron with a twenty year prime. Yeah, there's a five tool player tool.
Speaker 2: I starred Danny the whole bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The real question is that she miss you, Shay.
Speaker 2: That's what I want you to find out.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for joining us. It's been our pleasure to uh well try to entertain you and enlighten you. For all the wonderful people and some of these other people who make this possible. Marvin puts up with this. Uh you have Ray d Oh, you have Dylan, you have Bad Larry, you have Shan Irving, Shane Irving podcast. Wherever you get your podcast, you're still doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, Conspiracy Week.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna say, I'm sorry. We're getting that. We're getting deepw Okay, the deep state.
Speaker 2: Oh that's always on the mention, Danny. They're everywhere you got about you else.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thanks for joining us, and enjoy the draft, and we look forward to talking to you next week. And Dan Patrick takes a gamble passssssssssssssssssssss