Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Caddy arms Strong and.
Speaker 2: He Armstrong and Strong.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation, but boy, do we have some good stuff for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed we do.
Speaker 1: And if you want to catch up on your ang listening during your travels, remember.
Speaker 2: Grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts. Now on with the infotainment. Dozens of Ukrainian prisoners.
Speaker 3: Of war were freed in an exchange with Russia. They were greeted to a hero's welcome at a hospital north of Kiev, but they looked like the living dead, gaunt heads shaven, their bodies broken and some said beaten. Alexandro Kolkoff told me he was a prisoner for over three years and that the Russians broke his ribs. If nothing was already broken, they would break it, he said.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Putin and his military, they're animals. You want to let them win. Don't get it anyway, Pete Hagzeth, who we were just applauding for something. He was asked under oath yesterday by Senate lawmakers. He's doing three appearances before Congress this weekend, being grilled about a whole bunch of different things. Senator McConnell, former Majority Leader, asked the question of Hegxeth who is the aggressor in Ukraine? And Hagzeth said, Russia is the aggressor now. Steve Hayes of The Dispatch said, should we be encouraged that Hegzeth gave the obvious and accurate answer to that question or discourage that McConnell felt the need to ask it. But yeah, it's good. It's good good news as far as I'm concerned. Man oh Man, that's that's something. Those stories about the hostages are prisoners coming back.
Speaker 2: He had the utter disregard for human life, whether theirs or other people's. That is part of Russian military history is a I was just reading and listening about World War two, some of the major victories that Russia had and the incredible sacrifices they made, and the point was made that some of those horrific numbers are because of their techniques. They're just utterly heedless of wasting men.
Speaker 1: That it doesn't matter. Tomo never had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and US casualties were much much lower in similar encounters, just because we go about warfare in a very different way we did back in the forties. Anyway, culture and continues to today.
Speaker 1: Obviously back closer to home. I thought this was a pretty good point from Jim Garrity the National Review. Do California elected officials realize how ridiculous they sound when they spend several days insisting that local law enforcement had it handled, the streets were quiet, and local law enforcement resources are sufficient to maintain order, and then a day or two later, last night, the mayor is forced to declare a curfew. Okay, you had it and under control, you still got You had to have a curview last night with the National Guard troops. What would have been like without them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The metaphor I keep using and I'm sticking with it is demark the leaders in California are like a sports team that has not yet played a real game. They just scrimmage. They have an inter squad scrimmage over and over and over again, and they never come up against an opponent that's really really trying to win, and they think they have game. Gavin Newsom thinks he has national level game.
Speaker 1: Two suspects of It's just been charged with throwing molotov cocktails at police during the LA riots. This happened moments ago. That doesn't sound very peaceful to me. Firebombs. Just a bunch of people having fun watching carsburn. Just a bunch of people enjoying watching cars burn.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, give me seventy, Michael seventy again, the great Maxine Waters.
Speaker 1: Don't think that somehow, because they called the National Guard there was violence. There was no violence. I was on the street. I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those chunks of concrete being hurled over and over again at the cops.
Speaker 1: I guess that video is AI or something. Okay, we live in a post truth universe. Oh and inflation lower than expected, So I don't understand what's going on. Why after a liberation day in the tariffs and the turmoil and this and that, and of course the endless mainstream coverage of how Trump's Hitler with a bad economic policy, his poll numbers are up. In inflation's basically flat.
Speaker 2: Okay, bing bing bang bang bing bing bing bing bing bong bong. Granted, but it's a complicated stew of the economy. It could be argued that increased fears of economic woes to come have caused a suppression of consumer spending. I would have to dig.
Speaker 1: Into that economic stew.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, speaking of AI, which I mentioned a second ago. Tens of thousands of people now believe AI or chat GPT is God.
Speaker 1: What seems to.
Speaker 2: Be a religion is forming up around AI. Quasi religious posts would fill up entire AI forums if moderators didn't censor them. Just five days ago, the moderator of a pro AI reddit announced that they are now banning these fanatics. Two days earlier, another dditor warned of thousands of people online with spiritual delusions about AI.
Speaker 1: I need to look into this. That I hadn't heard a word about nor anticipated a lot of this stuff. I had anticipated a lot of us did I hadn't anticipated that. That's kooky. Now I did get ye, I did get sent this the other day. It was an ad. I don't know where the ad show up. I won't replace him, but I'll be here when you can't sleep. Here are ten AI boyfriends who help you, heal, distract you, and remind you of your worth and it's got a picture of a young handsome man. Where in the hell are we headed a planet of the beavers? Nobody's getting together anymore. I won't replace him, but I'll be here when you can't sleep. Here are ten AI boyfriends who help you, heal, distract you, and remind you of your worth. That is so freaking crazy. That is so freaking crazy. How did it happen so fast? I mean we thought maybe someday, if AI gets good enough and robots look exactly like humans, possibly the most deranged among us could develop. No, no, just the middle of that sentence that happened, just just words on a screen with no voice, yeah, and no image whatsoever. And no robot is making people stay at home and feel like they're in a relationship. That is so crazy.
Speaker 2: You yourself have mentioned that uh chat GPT or whatever is a better counselor than most counselors.
Speaker 1: Freaking right if you have that in using that that biggest stretch that it's a better friend too. Yeah, but a but an emotional like love.
Speaker 2: Relationship, really, see, a friend relationship is sick because it's like you No, no, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I haven't felt that at all any like friendship or anything like that. The ability to distill a tremendous amount of information down to the best very quickly and put it in like conversational terms. Yes, but that is so nuts. I mean, I don't know where we're going, man, down this road lies Matt, You're right, Jonathan Turley, Maybe this stat that I came across doesn't matter since everybody's going to be in love with a chatbot. You can't have a kid with a chatbot. The average cost of raising a child in the US is now twenty six thousand dollars per year. Okay, I think most parents listening right now are saying, how in the heck are you raising a kid for twenty six thousand dollars a year?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what they factor into raising a kid or whatnot, but seems low to me. Everything everything in, food, clothes, schooling, everything. Every time I hear those numbers, whether they are low or high, I think, how did you come up with that? That's true? Yeah, because what are you? And who asked? Band? Rental, travel, sports, vacation. But then again, to my point, who asked you? Since I've never heard a parent good point say, you know my kid's costing more than I thought. I'm a good point consider change in this relationship. No parent has like on their spreadsheet or whatever. If you're the sort of person that does this, I don't probably should where you put all your expenses. I don't know if anybody who like has things that they put in the what it cost me to have a kid column to keep track?
Speaker 2: Well, right, yeah, yeah, I've never having raised three kids, I had a minor child under my roof for twenty five straight years. At no point did Judy and I ever say, all right, we need to total up all these expenses so we can what and then we'll grant credits for lawns mode and bathrooms cleaned or whatever chores were done, and then we'll I mean, it's just it wasn't anything we ever thought about.
Speaker 1: Yea, I'll knock off five thousand dollars for the most satisfying thing I've ever done in life. I'll give you that, But the rest of it is just a cost.
Speaker 2: It's a negative, right, and the whole I'm just it's funny. Maybe I lacked imagination as a youngster, but Judy and I knew we wanted to have kids. Point and so we went ahead. There was no like, long, careful, can we.
Speaker 1: Afford to or what?
Speaker 2: No, you just do it and figure it out and it goes fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Were we poor? Yes? Was it fine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, the expenses just kind of fit in with the rest of your household expenses. I mean, I suppose you could make the argument that your house is bigger, so part of the house payment goes is because of them, and you have to maybe have a bigger car and make more trips. You figure out all the gas for driving to pick them up at school and drop them. I mean, you're a nut if you do that.
Speaker 2: Well right, yeah, and again, why are we talking about it? I don't know, so you can't exactly what's the thing exactly? Yeah, well, I need to put a price on each child.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: The boy's extra handsome, so I'll getting a discount. But yeah, it's an odd bit of analysis. You play sports, not dollars and cents. You play sports, so I had to buy you more clothes for that. You don't play sports, but you're in band, so you have a different cost.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, seems odd. Life is not dollars and cents, folks, she can't take it with you. Ah, right, moving along. I don't want to talk unrest anymore. I'll tell you this. Here's a great protest for you. This is really going to get a lot of people on their side. Hundreds of flowers were vandalized at a botanical Michigan garden, and the activists who did it left pro Palestinian signs behind that said plant lives don't matter. Human lives do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, glue those people to something, Let us pelt them with rocks or fruit.
Speaker 2: I'm in favor of all of those things. The garden director made his heart broken tell of.
Speaker 1: The few things that falls under our strict reading of cruel and unusual. Glue to them to something and throw rocks at them is probably cruel and unusual, Barber, It's a little cruel and certainly unusual. You've been sentenced to be glued to something in public. Yeahan lives. You deserve to be cared for more than these flowers. Don't waste your tears on the flowers. They're not even dead, and we'll grow again next spring. Ah. Is it even worth going this far into this conversation? Do they possibly think they did their cause any help. I almost feel like if I wanted to discredit the pro Palestinian crowd, I would do something like that. Is this like a you know, a noose flag operation, a noose in a fraternity to show racism, and it turns out it's the somebody put it up on purpose.
Speaker 2: To stop the war, resist imperialism, the flowers and crazy people. I would like to give you a good thrash, glue you or something.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe, the Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and So Japan released their birth statistics yesterday. They had about six hundred and eighty thousand babies in twenty twenty four. That was down five point seven percent from the previous year, which had set a record.
Speaker 2: Previous ye year.
Speaker 1: So this is the spiral that people talk about that if you've ever read about it or looked at it mathematically, there's something happens when you're when you're you know, it's like compound interest. Really, it's a similar concept when you stop having babies and then those people don't grow up, so they don't have two kids, and I mean it just exponentially shrinks and then at some point you hit a tipping point and it just goes really really fast, and they must be there. In Japan, a drop of five point seven percent in one year from the previous record low in terms of babies what will be next year. It's the lowest number of babies born since they started keeping data. Again, they do this fairly regularly, and the now current number of live births per mom is what I just came across it. It's incredibly low. It's well below sustainable rate and will drop very very fast there and now at I think it was one point one point one five, it's about half. Really, it's tired than I thought it was, honestly, but has a birth rate to sustain your population and you don't allow immigration.
Speaker 2: Right, what the hell? I realize. I'm easily amazed, But I want to go back to that figure. If your birth rate dropped by five point seven percent in a decade, that would be a huge story.
Speaker 1: It dropped in a year, yeah, I know, it's absolutely incredible. There's all kinds of fallout from this, like, for instance, the number of vacant homes that they have in Japan. There's just lots of houses that are vacant, but there's nobody to buy because there's just are enough people and they're trying to figure out what to do with that. The number of ikea uninhabited properties that's the term, has topped nine million nationwide, with nine hundred thousand of them in Tokyo alone, just uninhabited places, and there's nobody that's gonna buy them because there's no hope of anybody buying them.
Speaker 2: Well, there's nobody to buy them because there's no body. Yeah, exactly, I'm going ahead to Tokyo to do some prime squatting. I'm gonna go down to Shinjuku, squatt in some apartment, eat some sushi.
Speaker 1: Anyway, like I said.
Speaker 2: Fuji, I've never been to Japan obviously, Like I said earlier, we get to watch the Japan's gonna be the you know what's gonna happen to the rest of us in Western society is our birth rates decline to and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Of course, we allow lots of sometimes not on purpose immigration, which is different than a lot of your Asian countries that have zero right.
Speaker 2: They're very very racist, uh they actually are.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So Japan will be a land mass with historical sites and no humans.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole country will be like the proverbial Japanese soldier hiding out in the jungle after World War Two. I mean, there are occasionally you'll come across the human being and be like, well, hey, what the hell, it's a whole country. Tokyo will be, you know, a post apocalyptic moonscape or something arm Strong see Armstrong and Ghetti show.
Speaker 1: So I got this new talkbacked feature that we're gonna try, and we're we're in the we're in the what do they call it, the beta phase of figuring out how we're gonna utilize this on the show or whatever. And I threw out the first question, try this out to somebody. This is somebody called in and then we record them or whatever, because we stopped taking calls years ago for a variety of reasons that listeners would know. So I throw out the question of what do you like about the Armstrong and Giddy show. Hey, you could be the first call it Hitler, Muslim extremist.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff, So hey, you can be the first.
Speaker 1: So solid, Okay, we don't need to hear twice. So so we're off to a good start. And uh, I again, do we need to reiterate why we stopped taking calls. But apparently this is some more on the question of what do you like about the Armstrong and Giddy show? You are my favorite people. You make me laugh in the morning when I'm taking the train to work.
Speaker 2: I love it. Thank you for being you.
Speaker 1: I do have to agree. Joe's looks are rough, but then again he has as beautiful hair. Why do you lie?
Speaker 2: Is it your greed?
Speaker 3: The best part of Armstrong and Giddy is Katie, and when she was gone for a week, that was like a void.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe.
Speaker 1: You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me mad, But in the end, you make the first three or four hours of my day at least a good informative. You make these guys.
Speaker 2: Have a good one.
Speaker 4: What do I like about the Armstrong and Gutty show. I like the fact that you don't take calls.
Speaker 2: We'll see how.
Speaker 4: This little experiment goes, but I'm not optimistic. Don't let your meat.
Speaker 2: Loaf, don't let your hot dogs dand don't let your wristwatch. Okay, that made me incredibly uncomfortable? Me too, Why why did that make me thinky?
Speaker 1: Did you ask that question? All right, we have tomorrow you you come up with the question, Yeah, we'll try it again.
Speaker 2: Better than that.
Speaker 1: So I just I wanted something I knew people to respond to to get the first one. So this was in the New York Times the other day. It was an opinion piece, but a lot of fact built into it. The question was American men are getting worse at maintaining friendships. I think have I actually heard this before? Just heard people in real life mention it to me? Anyway, American men are getting worse at maintaining friendships. Is it a lack of time or energy or is it something else? And then getting into some of the details that this person writes, what I didn't know is that American men are getting significantly worse at friendship. A study in twenty twenty four by the Survey Center on American Life found that only a quarter of men reported having six or more close friends. That seems like a lot to me. Pulling a similar question in nineteen ninety, Gallup had put this figure at over half of men had six or more close friends. The same Survey Center found that seventeen percent of men had zero close friends. That was a fivefold increase from nineteen ninety, the zero crowd went from well, it increased five times. Yeah, probably roughly three to seventeen.
Speaker 2: It's awful. I agree, six seems like a lot, but yeah, zero is too few.
Speaker 1: The lack of intimacy among male friends may seem normal because it's what we're accustomed to, but it isn't. Until the twentieth century, it was not uncommon for men in this country to openly hold hands, sit on each other's lapse in public party any.
Speaker 2: Wait, whoa whoa, Wait a minute, Yeah, that happened all the time. Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe this. Until the twentieth century, it was not uncommon for men in this country to openly hold hands, sit on each other laps in public parts, and write each other passionate, platonic love letters. You know my desire to befriend you is everlasting, Abraham Lincoln. I have wrote to his friend Joshua Speed and blah blah blah. Herman Melville, who wrote Moby Dick, once wrote to yes, Katie, you already have a comment. I can tell.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say, if this is true, you guys should bring that back each other's thing. I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: Kill me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so is it? Herman? Melville once wrote to Daniel Hawthorne, what's he famous for? Red badge of courage? Not Stephen Crane? What Hawthorne? Anyway? The scarlet letter might be Crane, two famous authors from the eighteen hundreds. Melville wrote to Hawthorne that Hawthorne's heart beat in my ribs and mine in yours, and described their friendship as an friendship as an infinite fraternity of feeling. That is not the sort of thing I would write to a friend of the yod you see that game last night would be closer to it. Can I sit on your lap in the park?
Speaker 2: Hey, when we played golf, that was an infinite what did you say?
Speaker 1: Fraternity of feeling?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Today, dude, it was fun. Thanks for writing.
Speaker 1: I gotta know this, Katie. Who's Nathaniel Hawthorne? What did he write? Scarlet letter? Scarlettletter? Joe's right congratulates got it? Yes, today we may see these gestures as homo erotic, but men at the time, gay and straight talk to one another in this way. I don't know that we have to go back to holding hands as we walk down the street are sitting on each other's laps. But I don't know. You don't even see grown women sitting on each other's laps, So it's not a male thing. What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Is there a lack of seating back in the day?
Speaker 1: Was that what was going on?
Speaker 5: You absolutely do see women sitting on each other's laps, you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah all the time? Are not bars concerts? Okay? Absolutely? If there's only one share? Did they ever actidently kiss? Yes? All the time. It's crazy how it happened. Yes, Okay, Well, so I guess I'm wrong about that, all right, So it's kill don't know if that's got much to do with the friendship thing. Something tells me.
Speaker 2: There's a greater point here beyond the lap sitting and handholding though, right.
Speaker 1: Well, so for the I have a bunch of questions. Define good friend? Close friend? I feel like I need a definition on that. Oh, I think we all have one in our heads, don't we. Beyond a companion, you do stuff with.
Speaker 2: You, You talk about your lives and ups and downs in a sincere way. If you have to call on them to help you, even if it is inconvenient, expensive, or difficult. They'll come through for you.
Speaker 1: You know, how often you need to talk to them to All of that.
Speaker 2: Depends, I suppose, you know. It's it's funny this should come up. I missed the last hour of the show yesterday an unexcused absence, which will go on my permanent record. But I had the opportunity to reconnect with a friend who I had not seen in far too long, and because of his travel schedule and all, and I had to like go where he was. That something had to give, and so I missed an hour of the show, which I never would have done for years and years and years. But I because partly because I'm a little obsessive about this job, I have not prioritized friendships, and it has left me a less happy person. So it's funny that this should come up today.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's what people are doing? Men are doing they're working too much.
Speaker 2: Have have friends or other. Entertainment is always there. It's the same thing that keeps guys from going out and finding a girlfriend and you know, actually having a delightful physics. The emulations. They're so entertained, they're on their couch, they don't bother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's That's kind of where I was going, is just thinking it's probably the same phenomenon of not needing to date or have sex. I mean, if you can overcome the strongest desire that all beasts have to have sex, then you can certainly give up, you know, hanging out with another dude now and talking. Yeah, right, for whatever it is that you're doing instead, which I assume is I don't know, video games, porn, hanging out. I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is, but yeah, porn, video games. I think it all is under the awful, evil umbrella of disconnectedness. I've got another big fat article that I've got in my queue to read about. You know that topic again. I mean, it's just undeniably at the root of so much that's going on right now in human society, particularly the Western world. Again, and we've made this point many times. Forgive us if you've heard it before, but the idea that catastrophic plunges in the birth rate are merely interesting is that would not apply if there were any beast on Earth that had a catastrophic drop in it's firth off.
Speaker 1: Remember when riientists would be obsessed with it. Remember we were getting so many news stories about bees because bees might go away? How about human beings going away? That seems like a big bees jack.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so I stupid. I ashamed of that I had.
Speaker 1: I had my guard up a little bit and still do for it just being a there's something wrong with men story When it's Homo sapiens. Clearly there's something wrong with human beings. We're not getting together at all. So turning to turn it into a why why are men so worried about sitting, you know, being seen holding hands that they don't have friends anymore? I just I feel like they're going for an angle there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a particularly New York Times guy. He's really ought to be able to hold hands and maybe kiss and stuff like that, because you know, traditional masculinity is stupid. It had a bit of a feel field.
Speaker 1: And that's why you don't have friends anymore, because you're too homophobic.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, somehow that isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I noticed that. It's different than it was decades ago, like nineteen ninety. I was a twenty five year old in nineteen ninety, so I don't know. It's either a crisis or it's not well. But again, there is a crisis that people in general don't hang out with other people period, So don't try to make it a there's something wrong with men's story.
Speaker 2: No, in my mind, no, no, I think it's the canary and the coal mine or the owl or something. I don't know. But because women have so much stronger, generally speaking, so much stronger and urge to build coalitions and social groups than men do, and it's different. I think you're seeing it first among men, especially because and it's funny we're talking about this in the context of the Democratic Party trying to understand why they've lost young men and how masculinity and traditional roles have been demonized, especially on the progressive left. Yeah, the things that brought men together traditionally for years and years. And it's funny the New York Times should suddenly be enamored with traditional male roles and the way males acted. A lot of that's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One note before we take a break is just I was thinking at the gym, because everybody where is this. I'm sure this is true for you, Katie, the gym you go to, but everybody wears earbuds, So everybody's got earbuds. In and I go to the gym every single day, and I was just sitting there with my earbuds listening to a podcast, sitting there in between sets. The other day thinking I have been going to the same gym with the same people, oftentimes for what nine months now, I don't know anybody's name. I've never spoken a word to any of these people. You go back pre wearing earpieces. I think I would know everybody in here just because you couldn't help it. I mean you would. You couldn't help being in the same room with all those people in silence, or maybe with a with a jam box playing in the corner that you wouldn't have started up hot today. And yeah, I know, I was supposed to go golfing with some friends, but I got and they've got conversations starts now, you know, and something happens. Yeah, and you get to know her and everybody know, but now nobody. I have never said a word to a single person at my gym. Maybe are you dog?
Speaker 2: The other day and our neighbor came out with her dog and I shouted a happy greeting, intending to converse that she had the earbuds going, and yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I do all the time. I'm not faulting her, no, no, no, yeah, it works both ways. But anytime I tried to say something like are you done here or whatever, so they always got to pause their device and what was that? So that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 6: Activists, including Greta Tumberg, the environmental activist, arrived at a port in Israel after they were detained by Israel's navy on board and aid ship found for Gaza. The activists group called the Freedom Flotilla Coalition, claims that the israelis quote unlawfully boarded their ship, which was full of baby formula and medical supplies, and quote confiscated the goods. Israel calls the ship and its passengers a quote selfie yacht, and they said the mission's sole purpose was publicity. Israel plans to quickly deport the detained activists back to their home countries.
Speaker 2: Israel also claims that the.
Speaker 6: Aid that wasn't quote consumed by the celebrities unquote will be sent to Gaza through humanitarian channels.
Speaker 2: That's good trolling right there by.
Speaker 1: The idf oh, the selfie yacht. It is obviously such a stunt because it's such a dent in, you know, in the whole thing. And this doesn't get reported a lot, But there have been millions of meals provided they're in Gaza, millions some of which are stolen by Hamas, but most of them are millions over the last several weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had less than a single truckload of AID. More than twelve hundred AID trucks have entered Gaza from Israel within the past two weeks, et cetera. I think the selfie yacht is a good name for it. I love that they made these people watch October seventh footage as condition of their release the Freedom Flotilla. Do you think Hamas wants freedom?
Speaker 1: You morons?
Speaker 2: This is all wrong.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right. Well, so that was back when she was more of a child. You can't blame her really for the you know, the lefty world elevated her to Pope's status when she was a child. You know, that would get to your that would go to your head. You would start to think, well, people really care what I think about stuff?
Speaker 2: She's unhinged, poor kid.
Speaker 1: Well it was that whole because she's a child. That makes it more true. Thing about climate change, there for a cup of coffee. Soda fans I say pop, so I'll say pop. Pop fans are freaking out over the limited return of the beloved, beloved Coca Cola flavor. I didn't know this was so beloved. Diet cherry coke is making a comeback. Anybody excited about that?
Speaker 2: No, I consume that way back in the day, but it sounds disgusting to me.
Speaker 1: Now, you don't drink pop. Oh, you're better than us. I don't drink pop either, correct, Yes, yes, Katie, do you drink pop rarely?
Speaker 5: But everything everything that cherry flavored tastes like cough syrup to me.
Speaker 1: That manufactured cherry flavor. I can't do it different red fruit. But did you know this is My son said this can't be true. He wanted a strawberry milkshake the other day. We were at In and Out and he says, they have the best strawberry milkshakes. And I said, you know, I've never had a strawberry milkshake, which added to the list of things Jack is never which I couldn't believe. And I know I've never had a story. It always sounded gross to me. But you know, I'm starting to think it might be delicious. This is this. I think about this because my son, Henry, the thirteen year old, had his first Ham sandwich the other day and loved it. It's not because I haven't like allowed him. I've been trying to encourage that for years, but he just thought Ham sounded awful. For some reason. He finally tried Ham and he said, Dad, Ham is fantastic. I said, yes, yes, yes, welcome. So he loves the Ham sandwich. And I'll bet in the last week I'm not exaggerating. I'd be shocked if he hasn't had twenty Ham sandwiches in the last week, two or three a day.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm a guy. I had my first BLT when I was forty five, and I remember coming on the air the next day and saying, the belt is amazing. I've never had one before.
Speaker 2: Have you checked out?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: A sun that or falling in love those are kind of nice too. Puppy is a nice Puppy.
Speaker 5: Working with you is so great, Jack, because every day it's like.
Speaker 2: Really, wow, I know, well, but.
Speaker 1: I have such wonders that await me. You know, other people have to I don't know, travel to BALI to have some new experience. All I got to do is apple, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.
Speaker 2: Or try one of the three most popular flavors of milkshake hunters.
Speaker 1: Right now, I've never had a strawberry milkshake. I should try that. They're really good, That's what everybody says.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They always sound it gross to me. And whenever you're offered one, there's also a chocolate or vanilla.
Speaker 2: But why the strawberry is a delightful berry universally enjoyed.
Speaker 1: But there's always a chocolate or vanilla option there, and I know I love that, So I just figured why I risk it?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 5: Well, when you go to In and Out, try the Neapolitan shake they mix all three?
Speaker 1: Is that one part of the secret menu. I don't like the secret menu thing. I don't. I don't like that at all. That for some reason that bothers me. Get over it. Try it elitism or something.