Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Joe Katty Armstrong and Jackie and he Armsrong get it from the studio seat. See it's a dimly lit room. You don't where and take with the bowels the.
Speaker 1: Bowels, i'd say, of the Armstrong and getting communications compound.
Speaker 2: And today we are under the Tutela job. Our general manager still Stobbald J. Trump commander in chief by God, shaking it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about today we could focus on the immigration angle, which is one of the two biggest issues. He got elected on the immigration thing. As the ice officers are out there targeting violent offenders about four hundred people who have been arresto already who had horrible criminal records that were in our country, and the fact that they arrested him within like you know, two days of a new presidency means they knew who they were and where they were right and.
Speaker 3: The fact that they had been left to do whatever they wanted and stay in the country until now boggles the mind.
Speaker 1: It really does, it really does. They had been identified by the Justice Department. People knew exactly what sort of horrible things these people had done, and because of a variety of ridiculous policies at the federal, state, and city level, they were just.
Speaker 2: Hanging out waiting to commit their next crimes.
Speaker 1: And then you got the Lake and Riley Act, which passed the House easily by over one hundred votes with a forty six Democrats voting on it. That's the act that makes it easier for federal officials to detain and deport illegals who are charged with crimes. And prior to this, you know that would that gets around the sanctuary city right, because sanctuary city thing, because it's a it's a federal law. So in theory, the state of California or Los Angeles County or whoever can't just ignore that.
Speaker 2: In theory. We'll see. Yeah, that is going to be worked out at length.
Speaker 3: The question of can the federal government compel in any way a local employee to do their bidding. That's going to be knocking around the courts for a long time, but it ought to be decided. It's about time.
Speaker 1: Well, we know our public opinion is New York Times poll over the weekend, eighty five percent of Americans want illegals with criminal backgrounds out.
Speaker 2: In the other fifteen percent of I want to deport you. Are you insane? How does the world look to you? Because what sort of system?
Speaker 3: You need to explain your system top to bottom for me, because I'm fascinating.
Speaker 1: I agreed to port them. I don't care if they're sixteen generation may Flower Americans.
Speaker 2: They need to go, yeah place who cares? Give where? My side don't care.
Speaker 1: The other border thing, fifteen hundred troops headed to the border, and some marine was on the talk shows yesterday saying there might be as many as ten thousand soon doing a variety of different jobs. I don't know if you saw the pictures of the detention centers Mexico's building on the other side of the border, because they realized the jig is up and these people got to go somewhere. So they're trying to figure out where they're gonna put everybody since they're not going to be crossing anymore. Keeping in mind that eight million people crossed illegally during the Biden administration. Eight million people, as Bob Woodward said in his book Bob Freaking Woodward said, the greatest non war migration of humans in world history. In the history of the planet happened because of our stupid, stupid policies, utterly lawless for years and years in year, and shockingly so, so we've been discussing, and thank goodness, Trump, among other things, doesn't care if some fringe of activists says this.
Speaker 3: Is racist against Hispanics or something. It's an idiotic argument, but the bulk of the political world at least listens to that and thinks, hmm, I wonder how much influence and sway they have. I wonder if they would cost me votes and contributions. Trump's like, I don't care, be quiet, which is great. Now here's the problem with Trump, and there are a couple of stories like this. It's I finally came up with the correct metaphor. It's as if he's in the Oval Office unleashing these great executive vill orders and urging Congress to pass fantastic laws and returning so many policies back to sanity, and as he's doing that, he's just like casually sliding landmines around the Oval Office and saying, Oh, don't worry, I won't step on him.
Speaker 2: Because that's Trump's thing.
Speaker 3: He creates his own land minds for the you know the other people who exploit. And some of you are like, why are you guys focusing on some of the negative stuff with Trump? He's doing so many good things. It's because I could I've seen this movie before. The only way that great stuff ends is if he steps on one of his own land mines.
Speaker 2: The Left can't take him.
Speaker 3: That was like Lincoln used to say about the country will never be taken over by some external force. If we are to fall apart, it'll be of our own making.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like this border immigration stuff though, so yeah, can you explain to me? I meant to read the article yesterday. We're big fans of the Dispatch around here, and they put out a piece on why we need to continue birthright citizenship, and I didn't get around reading it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to hear the argument, and.
Speaker 1: I was asking, I've been asking for the last couple of days, what's the argument for continuing it? Because I hadn't heard one yet, but there must be one or several, and I'd like to know.
Speaker 3: The only one that's really leapt to my mind is that if you if you have a smart, orderly immigration system, and it takes a while for those people to become citizens. But they're here to stay to become Americans. Their kids ought to be Americans. There shouldn't be a long administrative process that their kids become Americans. But how do you deal with the whole citizenship tourism thing that's popular.
Speaker 2: Particularly among the rich in Asia.
Speaker 1: You know, you're going to have a baby, see a fly the United States and stay in a hotel or whatever you do, and have your kid born at a hospital here so you can they're a citizen.
Speaker 2: Why don't we What are we supposed to do? Put a pin in it now? Or park the car? Parks a car? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you heard any might say that? Hanson, Well, of course, we don't ever go to meetings either. How would we hear the lingo of meetings when we don't ever have to go to meetings? Thank god, thank god.
Speaker 3: It's one of the greatest developments of our long career. I said, we're at the point that I don't want to I hate.
Speaker 1: To even say this out loud because some of you will flip off the radio because you go to like five meetings a day.
Speaker 2: I think I go to three meetings a year. Yeah, and those are ones we want to go to. Yes, Hanson.
Speaker 1: Now, somebody threw a sales term at me yesterday that I'd never heard before, and I actually had to say, uh.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't aware of that, And I gotta admit, I don't know what that means. What was it? I don't even know some some weird combination. Let's park the car.
Speaker 1: So let's let's park the car and we'll come back to that, see if we can figure out what it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, Joe, excellent, that's not a great metaphor. I don't park that, okay, I mean, how's that worse than put a pin in it? Well, it's there's no car.
Speaker 2: We haven't there's no pan. No, we're we're marking something we want to return to.
Speaker 3: But a car is a bad This discussion did not get us here. It's just something we want to come back to.
Speaker 2: Get I kind of get it.
Speaker 1: Let's quit driving around the parking lot or driving around. Let's stop, let's park the car.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is it with you people in sales. Can I just say let's talk about this later when we have more time.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. He's not management material. You have read none of the hot books about bisiness vanishments.
Speaker 1: You don't know how tight your suit jacket is supposed to be now or not, or how how your pants are supposed to be. You're not in step with what everybody's doing. How do you sales marketing people know what the hot?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: First of all, why do you need to have a hot phrase to signify you're the cool people?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Same reasons and teenagers do. The process is exactly the same. If you're not up on the hip lingo, that's why it's important to be up on it right.
Speaker 1: Social cachet exactly exactly that. And the coffee munk. You gotta have the right coffee munk. A Stanley mug now, Oh my god, you are so lame. It moved on to something else by Really, how does mailbag look? I spent seven hundred dollars on seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: We got to start the show out every color to match my ties.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, Oh, she's got her Stanley book.
Speaker 4: And now I'm just sitting here drinking out of my Stanley.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about it? It holds liquids and you can drink out of it. That's the best part of it. You're an embarrassment, Katie. I'll get you with your yesterday's big dumb cup. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Thursday, January twenty third, the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin officially then, according to SCC rules and regulations, the show begins at Mark.
Speaker 5: This is not Fox, Congressman, you can't just spin a tail and pull the wool out of people's eyes.
Speaker 2: Now, this is CNN. This is the news. We're asking that's out and tell the truth.
Speaker 5: And that's why more people are watching the cartoon network SpongeBob reruns right now, Jim.
Speaker 3: That was beautiful. That was Congressman. Don't tell me it's here somewhere.
Speaker 2: CNN once again clowning themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a great comeback. Well it was the congressman's name. I want to give him credit.
Speaker 1: For instance that sort of thing. Axios's headline and I'm looking up at the Twitter Axios's headline today. America doesn't have a king, but we're dancing close to Kinglake Power. Okay, be afraid, be very afraid. How does mail bag look? Seriously, does this effing thing work? What's the name of the congressman?
Speaker 4: I don't uh, Representative timber Chet from Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Thank you well done. How does mail bag look? Oh? It's terrific.
Speaker 3: It's as if Cicero, Lincoln, and Moses himself had come together to craft the feature.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you're concerned that we're dancing close to king like powers. You just don't even seem to be bothered by that. Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. Some great headlines from various publications around the country around the immigration thing. They continue to find the most heart tugging examples in the world and portray them. You know, the one woman we had yesterday who was in Mexico crying because she was about to get across and now she's not, and she'd crying.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Well that's what.
Speaker 1: Happens after four years of telling the entire Southern hemisphere that anybody could come here, and then it's going to stop at some point. No, people didn't get in are gonna be unhappy? What am I supposed to do about it?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? Agreed much more to come on that topic in others.
Speaker 3: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. We often know, oh it's from I don't know this person, and I just like the quote. Punit isar And if they are some sort of monster of history that I'm not aware of, I apologize for quoting them. But we often know only one version of the story, the version for trade by the person who wins a war and lives to tell the tale, and the one who loses the war is always remembered as the antagonist, making the victor the protagonist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things that bothers me about reading history is that, to a certain extent, there's no such thing as accurate, perfectly accurate history, especially the further you go back, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are plenty of examples of quote unquote fair you know, chroniclers of what happened, But much more often anybody who would have expressed the point of view B is just gone yeah exactly, or in a prison or something and doesn't get to speak. Mailbag drop us note Mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. I'm going to read this just because I appreciate Roberts taking the time to craft a joke that sounds as if it was taken from the pages of a joke book for eight year olds written in nineteen seventy six. We're discussing the Artinian Museum of Men's Suits, which has been closed down one of many cost cutting measures by Javier Milay. They're great new President, Robert says. Fun fact, the hall of suits.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, the.
Speaker 3: Suit museums all of zippers was always open, even right after it was closed.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, thanks for taking this. You can have a museum like I screwed it up.
Speaker 1: But usually when you have a weirdo museum like that in the United States, it's privately funded. It's not tax trainers, and that's the problem. It was like like the government had a museum of suits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good gracious. Let's see.
Speaker 3: This is Mike from northern Minnesota. He says, guys, I have a similar story the one Joe told last week. I did about dropping my iPhone in my dog's pooh as I was trying to pick it up. Right, Mike, several years ago, I placed my thirty caliber semi automatic pistol in my pocket while I was doing my stand up business. I think he means urinating when I bent over to retrieve my gloves, said pistol fell out of my pocket, landed on the hammer, sending the bullet into my right butt cheek. Oh my god, the whole story is too long for mailback.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wow. Wow, Hey Mike, when's your birthday? I'm gonna buy you a holster.
Speaker 1: My first thought if that happened to me would be, h I'm really lucky to be alive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Number two, I gotta get a gun that's less sensitive to being dropped.
Speaker 2: But anyway, let's see.
Speaker 3: Jay from San Jose writes Trump has just executive ordered a battlefield strategy that covers so many fronts that Democrats seem bewildered and scattered. No one is leading their party, and Trump is going to walk through them because on several different important issues, he knows some dams must vote with him if they hope to get re elected, or just for common sense, overwhelm and overtake.
Speaker 1: Dang it. I came across a term yesterday. I meant to write it down. I didn't know what I was. I never did debate in my life. I guess it's a debating term. You throw so many things at your opponent they can't respond to all of them and that right kind of what Trump is doing. There's just no way to respond to all the things he's doing. Yeah, I think you and jayf Sanjo's air exactly right. Let's see on the topic of people not having.
Speaker 3: Sex anymore again, If this was the giraffe or the will to beast or something, every biologist in the world would be shouting about how important and dangerous this is. But people not having sex is another way of saying not reproducing rights, Arnie. Think about animal populations in the wild. When there are too many for the available area, they naturally reduce the rate of reproduction. Could that be what is happening to us humans? Perhaps there is enough food available but not enough space. I'm just saying, Arnie, I have always responded in the same way to this theory. Drive from Kansas City, Missouri to Sacramento, California, and then tell me there's not enough room for the people. You will not see another living soul for twelve hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Well ever, since I was about eleven, I understand the relationship between sex and having children, but I didn't think they'd be tied together like this if people decided not to have kids. I didn't think they'd stop having sex, very pleasurable experience. It doesn't need to result in a child. I mean, in the modern world of birth control, you don't have to have stop having sex.
Speaker 3: So people just losing the desire to have sex is unbelievable. Charles points out to dating these days is much more fraught with potentially dire consequences than in any previous decade I've ever experienced, especially for men, legal consequences, civil lawsuits, claims of rape, whatever. Yeah, I don't know. I think there are many factors and they've come together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never did online dating, but I know a lot of people that did for years and they've soured on it because of bad experiences.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if people don't know.
Speaker 1: How to or don't want to go back to the old way, so you go from online dating it didn't work, you just stop.
Speaker 3: Or let's face it, the young are the kings and queens of hooking up right, getting it on the beast with two.
Speaker 2: Bags, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily according to that pole, but right exactly.
Speaker 3: And they're not like capable of meeting people and enduring the stress and the rejections.
Speaker 1: So you know, its true if you can't call a pizza place to order a pizza. You're not gonna ask somebody out on a date, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: This hasn't happened in seventy years. A blanket of snow covered the beach the Florida Panhandle. There were snow from Tallahassee to Pensacola. Children were voluntarily being swallowed by alligators just to stay warmed.
Speaker 2: Hioh.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about what's going on immigration wise now that Trump has hit the ground running around immigration and everything like that in hour two.
Speaker 2: But here's one of my favorite things. It's getting attention.
Speaker 1: The president's reversal on sensitive locations that free agents are not allowed to go into has been done away with, like churches, schools, hospitals, colleges, funerals, and rallies. You're going to show up at a funeral and arrest people. That's wow, Ah, that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: That would be a little insensitive.
Speaker 1: I suppose now you stand there for a second, say, and they seemed like a nice person.
Speaker 2: Anyway, come with me. Yeah, yeah, they'll be missed, and so will you because you're leaving the country.
Speaker 3: I all, uh, yeah, yeah, I get I get some of those locations, but it's it's got end. We've gone way, way, way, way too far in the other direction, and everyone knows it.
Speaker 2: More on the immigration situation.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to report today in a little bit, but I thought this was so interesting. One of the things that the Trump administration is going to roll back completely is the and this is editorializing, I know, the completely phony, ridiculous, expensive subsidies for pie in the sky green energy stuff and or trying to well, it's not even that trying to reduce climate change, is what I going to say. But as we all know, so many of these measures are just purely symbolic. I mean, they'll have no significant, you know, effect whatsoever, unless China and India all of a sudden stop existing and then, you know, maybe we could lower the temperatures by about a fourth of a degree in one hundred years. Anyway, I thought this was so interesting. This is actually from the New York Post, but it's headline kind of tells the story. Climate change fanatics want to bankrupt the entire world for little to no reward, and they've quantified a lot of the costs and benefits of the things that have been proposed and again, this is probably the greatest example I've ever seen of something needs to be done. This is something, so this needs to be done around climate change. So across the world, public finances stretch dangerously thin per person growth continues dropping while costs for aging populations grow. These urgent priorities could easily require an additional three to six percent of GDP. Yet green campaigners are loudly calling for governments to spend up to twenty five percent of our GDP on climate change. If climate armageddon were imminent, they would have a point, but the truth is far more prosaic. Two major new scientific estimates of the total global cost of climate change have been published recently. And these are not individual studies which can vary greatly. These are These are meta studies based on the entirety of peer reviewed literature. It's a study of studies, and the people behind them are Nobel Prize winners and often cited that sort of thing. Anyway, the studies suggests that a three degree celsius temperature increase by the end of the century, which is pretty pessimistic. That's a big increase a lot. Oh yeah, yeah, that's more than they're talking about. But they went with that for some reason because it made the figures easier. I don't know, but we'll have a global cost equivalent to between two and three percent of global GDP. It will be a two to three percent hit while global.
Speaker 1: GDP, and I don't even need to know to be certain that the proposals that are out there for trying to stop that from happening are many multiples of that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ruin the punchline, Yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 3: To put this into context, the United Nations estimates with it, by the end of the century, the average person, because standards of living have been rising now for one hundred and seventy five years and continue to the average person will be four hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 2: As rich as he or she is today.
Speaker 3: Because of climate change, they will feel only four hundred and thirty five to four hundred and forty percent as rich as they are today. Now, why is that so different from the word we get from the media constantly? A lot armists and credulous journalists fail to account for the simple fact that people are remarkably adaptable and tackle most climate problems at low cost. The idea that gets foistered or thrown at us over and over again.
Speaker 2: Is that we will just except.
Speaker 3: We'll like passively like sheep, except the changing climate and do nothing about it. We will not adjust. We'll just sit here and be drowned. We'll just well, the water's up to our navels will say oh, and the water's up to our nipples will say, oh, it's too bad. And as the water covers our nostrils will simply drown.
Speaker 1: Well, there's only so much water, so if it rises somewhere, it's got to go down somewhere else.
Speaker 2: We're not going to make new water. So isn't that true? I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: They talk about the the all the ice on earth.
Speaker 1: Oh, gotcha, melting, gotcha. But like for the whole temperature thing, I'm from really cold parts.
Speaker 2: Of the country.
Speaker 1: It's not as miserable now as it was when I was a kid. Now Florida is gonna have to buy some of Kansas's snowplows because Kansas doesn't need him anymore and Florida does.
Speaker 2: For the first time. But whatever gonna do.
Speaker 3: Right, Like I said, they're gonna be waving fields of corn in the Yukon. Anyway, Let's talk about food climates. Nuts insist that will starve. But research shows that instead of a fifty one percent increase in food availability by the year twenty one hundred, if there were no climate change, we're on track for only a forty nine percent increase, so dropping two percent. Weather disasters killed half a million people annually in the nineteen twenties, whereas the last decades saw fewer than nine thousand fatalities each year, ninety seven and a half percent reduction mortality because people are more resilient, were richer, and can access better technology.
Speaker 1: You know, I have made it very clear over the years, I have never looked into this story for some reason, So I don't, you know, have a lot of facts and figures at my fingertips. Be So what's the end of the sentence when people talk about climate chang by the end of the century, it's going to be three degrees warmer or whatever.
Speaker 2: And what will happen? What is the next part that people always claim?
Speaker 3: They often point out that low lying cities and countries and island chains will be overrun and will be uninhabitable.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll move to higher ground, then.
Speaker 3: Move to the Yukon. Yeah, where was I? Because the rest of this is really interesting two. Extremist climate enthusiasts reveal their true colors when they push for d growth to cut emissions. You will hear that if you pay attention to this stuff, making people worse off and reversing gains against extreme poverty would be a tragic mistake and laughable blah blah. More responsible politicians only want to achieve net zero carbon emissions by the year twenty fifty, but this approach still means slow in growth in the name of climate change. By forcing businesses and individuals to use less efficient green energy instead.
Speaker 2: Of fossil fuels.
Speaker 3: The total costs would be enormous fifteen to seven I'm sorry, fifteen to thirty seven trillion dollars each year throughout the century, equivalent to between fifteen and forty percent of global GDP today, depending on how adjustments are made. Given wealthier countries will foot most of this bill, the price tag will be the equivalent to each person in the better off nations paying north of ten thousand dollars every single year for net zero emission growth, et cetera. The real cost of inefficient climate policy is that it distracts resources and attention from other priorities and They use the example of the European Union that now invests nothing in R and D. They don't come up with anything new. They just pour all of their money into these fanciful climate change programs.
Speaker 1: And India don't give a crap. China and India don't give a crap. Has always been the problem with this. Even if you had everybody on board, you'd have the problems you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But you don't have everybody on board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they point out the EU switched focus with a to a near myopic climate obsession, opting for a sustainable economy over a sound one, a growing one, an innovative one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's leave them in our rearview mirrors. As Trump said the other day, take advantage of the liquid gold under our feet.
Speaker 3: Right, and at the same time, for what it's worth. And it's not crazy that these two things, I mean, I'm not bringing up two different things.
Speaker 2: They're really kind of intermeshed.
Speaker 3: Britain in particular, and it's so shocking because there are old Dad, good old Dad. Great Britain has abandoned free speech. They have abandoned the right to express yourself without fear of retribution in a way that's just horrifying.
Speaker 1: Remember Trump renamed Britain bad teeth America.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: But the woke thing and the climate that thing in the collective action, and if you're not with us, we're going to put you in jail or run you out of your career or cancel you or it's all part of the same ugly collectivist monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's see. This is the stuff that to me.
Speaker 1: Allowed people to vote for Trump who otherwise found him unpalatable. It's like, do you want to scream four years further down the road of all this climate change stuff and let China and India get over by claiming that they care about it while we, you know, failed to utilize our resources or do crap like banning straws.
Speaker 2: And all kinds of different things for no reason.
Speaker 3: And the you know, wildly emoting, teary eyed nineteen year old girls who are shouting this stuff, they're sincere.
Speaker 2: They mean it.
Speaker 3: They've been misled and deluded, and they're they're sem cultists, but at least they're sincere. The government types that are pushing this are either fools or they're just spreading out the money, because that's the point to spend the money. That's your power, that's your influence, that's your turf in government. The more money you spend, the more power you spend, or the more power you have. So you invent these needs to spend enormous amounts of money, and you become enormously powerful.
Speaker 1: Sell your parka, buy some shorts. That's been your stance for years.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, that's I'm sure. Just mitigate.
Speaker 1: I just saw this headline, and I have to read the story during the break because this could be fun New York Post headline, Nancy Pelosi's husband made thirty eight million dollars with the stock trades in the weeks leading up to the Trump inauguration.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. I have a bunch of other examples of that.
Speaker 1: Now, could be just they're so super rich that that sort of thing happens on a fairly regular basis.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I want to be fair, because the stock market did go up a lot. But I have some examples of congress people who served on the Mining Committee, essentially it's shortening of the name, and oh boy, did they make some great bets on what mining companies would benefit from legislation.
Speaker 2: It's utterly corrupt. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, we've got Key's headlines on the way, a bunch of other stuff. Stay here trying to wrap our heads around the whole birthright citizenship thing, which did some of my right leaning friends say no, no, no, we need to keep that and here's why. And I still don't quite understand it. But we can talk more about that later. Also, I flit it out of my head. I got to start taking gin saying, or some of those late night talk radio ads revage and old people pills. I don't need a direction, but I do need my brain to work better.
Speaker 3: As long as you can remember which one of those remedies you should be taking, you don't need it, that's the irony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I can't remember, so I'm really in a hole. Not talk about you t and then it'll pop into my head.
Speaker 2: That's my plan as well.
Speaker 3: So while you're thinking about that, the one thing I didn't have time for in our discussion about climate change and the enormous amount of money that would have to be invested to he have even a minuscule effect. They in the study, they explore an alternate reality where Europe hadn't spent you know, they're trillions of euros on these phony climate change methods, and how much more they would have for pensions, education, healthcare, defense, like everything. They've squandered so much money on a symbolic losing cause.
Speaker 2: It's just shocking.
Speaker 1: I remember what it was, So remember the guy who ran the Silk Road thing. It was the dark net like Facebook, marketplace of the dark net, and people were buying selling guns and drugs and all kind of stuff. And he was running out of coffee shops in San Francisco. He just go to the coffee shop and sit there with his website with his laptop and use their WiFi and any who, he got a life sentence. Trump pardoned him, let him out, and he got out yesterday and he was smiling ear to ear. Reason. The libertarian Rag pointed out yesterday that Trump ran on that. When he went and spoke to the libertarians, he said he was going to do that. It's a libertarian cause. Wanted to talk a little more about that later. Yeah, that's an interesting topic. It is really not super clear cut. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie.
Speaker 7: Starting with ABC News New La County fire explodes to over ten thousand acres.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 1: Another fire and crazy windy today, so who knows where it's going to go. It grew five thousand acres and two hours or something like that.
Speaker 2: Just incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, much more rural area than the previous ones, but with these conditions.
Speaker 2: Who knows where it goes from?
Speaker 7: NBC relief, revenge, but little repentance. Trump's pardons delight January sixth, Violent Offenders Boy.
Speaker 3: The Wall Street Journal editorial board went into detail what some of these guys did on that day. They'd vowed to make the blood run, and then they were feeding and stent torturing cops virtually.
Speaker 2: It's just horrific behavior.
Speaker 1: Or think my question to you who support those guys, what were the cops supposed to do? I was all a false flag operation the FBI ran at all, So you don't think they were real cops.
Speaker 2: I don't know what these people think.
Speaker 7: From Fox News, Putin reportedly concerned over Russia's economy ahead of possible Trump tariffs.
Speaker 1: How about Trump? We read it yesterday. Trump's a message to Putin. We can do this the hard way or the easy way, and the easy way is always better in the war now as something.
Speaker 7: Well, if this doesn't work out, guys, there's always Walmart Wall Street Journal. Some Walmart managers get a raise, lifting their max pay above six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: A year as a as a Walmart manager?
Speaker 3: Are those the regional guys? I was just reading it. I just glanced through it. But yeah, well, gosh, the revenue that company has if you do a good job of keeping it flowing, you just.
Speaker 2: Heert a reward. I don't have any idea.
Speaker 1: Like a giant super Walmart that's busy all day long and open twenty four hours a day, I have no idea how many gazillions of dollars did they make a month?
Speaker 2: And run in that thing efficiently, I might pay pretty well.
Speaker 7: This is from the Sun tragedy as Romanian dog owner is eaten by her pet pugs after dying in her apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh, after she died, because it'd be hard for a pug to take you down. You are not very hearty if you're taken down by a pug. But she had died and then the pugs eater Okay.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure the pugs said, hey, look, none of us is pleased with this, This is sickening. She was good to us our whole lives, but we can't starve here in this apartment.
Speaker 2: So we all agreed, all right.
Speaker 1: I don't care what happens to me after my di I die. So that's that's supposed to be, you know, a troublesome story once I'm dead.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I don't get to be a plug snack.
Speaker 1: Set me out with the old Christmas tree by the curb for the trash to go.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Don't make it a difference at that.
Speaker 4: Point from the Washington Post.
Speaker 7: Elephants can't sue to leave the zoo court rules. Ah, yes, folks, Yeah, Colorado's highest court said that five elderly elephants don't have any legal standing to sue a local zoo.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: More important story than it sounds like at first. Blush, because if they had decided they have the rights, then all kinds of weird things happen with cattle and beef and chickens and all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Well, the elephant's.
Speaker 3: Mistake was they hired chimps to be their attorneys. Hey, oh, what they threw their pooh? I don't know, there's a joke there somewhere back to you, Katie already.
Speaker 7: And finally brace yourselves from the Babylon Bee fire survivors drive back towards the flames after hearing Kamala speak again.
Speaker 2: O oh boy.
Speaker 1: We're going to get into a whole bunch of the immigration stuff in hour two that Trump is doing that has tremendous public support, even though all of media is picking out negative stories around it. The polling is people are way in favor of this stuff, right, Oh yeah, And it's happening. It's happening fast, and it could have happened fast under Biden but didn't.
Speaker 2: Why. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty