Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan I kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Best Bits everyone, happy weekend.
Speaker 3: Excited that you're here joining me.
Speaker 2: Before we get into catching up on the Bobby Bone Show, be sure to check out Part one and part three this weekend. Lunchbox joins me. No, he will not yell at you this weekend. He was rather tame, but we did get a catch up on Dad Live how all of his kids are doing.
Speaker 3: One of them is in school.
Speaker 2: And then also in listener, Q and A just talked about some random topics, including soccer. That was a big conversation and we learned a lot of things, so check those out. But for now, let's get caught up on the show. Here are your best bits of the week. We all know Lunchbox has been trying to wash his hands with any of the country artists who come in studio, or any celebrity for that matter, but he finally got another one. It just so happened to be one of the flats and I'm not sure it went over super well, but you're gonna hear the awkwardness with me.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 4: There's a weird thing that Lunchbox does on this show where if we have a guest and it's a celebrity, he tries to meet them in the back bathroom. Sometimes he goes to the bathroom ahead of the time and just waits for them to come in, so weird. He started tallying up how many celebrities he could wash his hands with. But it's a single person, sink. This is a whole It's like a bit that never really flourished because we're like, dude, this is not good, like it makes them feel bad.
Speaker 5: However, what it's a new building, is there more than one sink?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I haven't checked or buildings, So go ahead.
Speaker 5: I got another one, got him in the bathroom, and it was a little awkward.
Speaker 4: Because no, no, it's all awkward.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: No. This one was probably the most awkward because I went in there and waited and waited. No one came. So I was leaving the bathroom and he was walking in. I was like, oh man, I got to go back in. So I waited a few seconds and I went back into the bathroom like we passed each other coming through the door, and he was washing his hands and I stuck my hands in the first few seconds. Who and his name was Joe Down Joe Don Rooney is good to see you guys.
Speaker 4: So you went and just sat in the bathroom in case any of those three guys had to go ap pear poop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I figured the odds of one of the flats having to peek.
Speaker 4: I can't argue with that logic, like that's a good.
Speaker 5: Percentage someone's going to go in there. And I went in there and I hung out for about three or four minutes, and I was like, all right, no one's coming. And I walked back out and as I'm walking out, the door hadn't even closed yet, and Jodan went in and I was like, so I stood in the hallway for a minute and talked to their people. He followed, No, No, I didn't follow.
Speaker 7: Him, you did.
Speaker 5: I stood in the hallway and talked to all the people were out there, Gary and uh Jay, they were sitting there, man, good to see you, Good to see I was like, oh, yeah, I gotta go to the bathroom. And I went back in.
Speaker 4: And where was jo Don in his He was finishing up the washing into the hands. He just jumped in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just kind of stuck. I mean I maybe got three or four fingers in there before he pulled out.
Speaker 7: So, what's the bit like, does he.
Speaker 5: That's how he did?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 4: Question? What's the bit like?
Speaker 7: Is the recording audio of this?
Speaker 4: What's the tell us he just wants to make?
Speaker 5: I mean, how many? How many slubs you washed hands with? No, buddy, it's like that thing.
Speaker 4: Now how many of you?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 4: What's the total tally?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: Now there is three?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, number one?
Speaker 5: Wise that guy I don't even know what bands from crows? What's his name?
Speaker 10: Adam kind of.
Speaker 5: Goes yeah, and then I think I got was it urban?
Speaker 4: You got Keith Urban than Joe Don from.
Speaker 5: Escal flask That's a pretty good Mount Rush Moore hand.
Speaker 4: Washing not full yet? You need want more to get the full mount right, No, we're running out of time in the fact that he goes and waite for something for.
Speaker 5: I've just decided as we were talking about this, even if we're at the new building there's multiple sinks, I'm going for the one sink. If they're in that sink, I'm going so.
Speaker 4: But you can't go and wash and wait for them to come to your sink. And there's multiple sinks, you have to go wait for them to go to a sink and then.
Speaker 7: Just walk up.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's so awkward. Yeah, that's so awkward.
Speaker 5: I decided that's what I'm about to do.
Speaker 4: The more you do this, bet, I still think it's extremely creepy, but it isn't get a funnier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they don't know what what's going on, and they don't really say anything.
Speaker 4: They just kind of They probably do when they leave, like was that weird? What was he doing?
Speaker 5: They think that makes sense because there's only one sinc. When there's multiple sceness, it's gonna be pandemonium.
Speaker 4: What if what if you go up and there to journal and you pee in the same journal one? Yes, that's how you aim there multiple Yeah, that's next level once you fill out mount rushmore than you do pe with, but you do same journal like they're standing there in one yearnal and you go and you pee in the same one, Like what's up, buddy?
Speaker 7: He might give punch for that.
Speaker 5: That's called you and I urinate, that's called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, you're in a think about that.
Speaker 5: You're urinating United.
Speaker 4: I feel like I need to applug for Rascal Flats because it's bits creepy. Tickets to Rascal Flats concert. They're on sale. They've read go to rascal Flats dot com. We'll play Rascal Flats now. We're sorry. If you're listening in your Joe don or any of the Rascal Flats or Adam Durrettz or Keith Urban, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of pranks or watching The Impractical Jokers on TV like I am, then you will love this interview. Joe Gatto was in our studio, which was not only super cool, but he also brought his service to who was the cutest thing ever? And if you don't go see the very last photo in the photo dump, if you will of Joe Gatto in our studio, you won't get the serotonin you need this weekend. But he stopped by talking all about leaving Impractical Jokers, how it all started when he realized they were actually really famous, and his new YouTube.
Speaker 3: Special, so really exciting stuff.
Speaker 2: It's the first time he's ever been in the studio and we had a lot of laughs, learned a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Number six kids so Bobby Bones Show interviews.
Speaker 4: In case you didn't know all right. His name is Joe Gotto. You would know him from Impractical Jokers, also The Misery Index. He's got a new stand up special called Messing with People. I met him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago at our IHR festival. Here he is Joe Gotto. There we go on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Joe Gotto, Joe, good to see anybuddy, Good to see you. Joe and I were crammed together like a blind date. We were presenting together at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and like a blind date, it was dark and the music was playing, and so you know, there's like a I'm never good at small talk, not my thing. Yeah, just like I'm like, I'm not good at it. I'm just awkward, and Joe's really a warm guy. And like we talked for a little bit and then I was like, I gotta go to the bathroom, and I just sat in there and looked at the mirror and I was like, I'm really bad at small talk. So that's kind of my thing. But I felt like we had a kind of a little dynamic there at the end.
Speaker 7: I think we definitely we had to.
Speaker 11: We got thrown into it because the teleprompter wouldn't work, so the telepromts on the camera wouldn't work, and they were like, hey, yeah, so the teleprompt is not working. Ready three two one, And then we just.
Speaker 8: Had to go.
Speaker 4: And then we were just like, go, I forgot about that. Yeah, I block trauma. It's kind of a thing. We did great, though, we did great.
Speaker 7: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: So I have a lot of questions, like just about and I'm talking about your special in a second, but just about like your life and career because to me and Practical Jokers is and I know you're you've been off for a bit now, but it's like the Shark Tank to me, where if it's on I can watch like four or five episodes again again. And I don't just like Shark Tank. Also like I don't really pursue Shark Tank, but I love it. Once I forget how much I like it. What's the prison show too?
Speaker 5: Locked Up?
Speaker 4: Locked Up is another one man. It was a big locked Up fan?
Speaker 10: Ol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, locked Up. So talk to me about kind of the genesis, like how did this show even come together or get picked up?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where did im Practical Jokers come from?
Speaker 7: It was just uh.
Speaker 11: We had been a comedy troupe for a long time. We lived for like an eighteen year overnight success. We had tried a bunch of TV shows that it failed and went and we started our comedy troupe in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 7: Me and the guys went to high school together.
Speaker 11: We know each other over thirty years at this point, New York Guys on New York Guys, and uh, yeah, we just finally were like, you know, let's try to put a show where it's just about like us, what we do is how we make each other laugh and let everybody come along. And we came up with the formula of like an inverted kind of prank show because it wasn't really it was really just messing with your friends. There was nobody feeling bad or like your traditional pranks where you weren't like got yet, like you're just messing with your friends and that's Uh. It started with one episode and I was on it for a decade, nine and a half season.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they're still going. So it's crazy.
Speaker 4: So back in the day there would be like prank shows, like hidden camera shows and yeah, you're right, there's a fine line. Yeah, between doing something and everybody feeling good and doing something and people pointing their finger.
Speaker 11: Yeah if you point the fingers, but like we would do stuff and if it felt if people were getting mad, we would like stop.
Speaker 7: We would like, this is wrong, how can we turn it?
Speaker 11: And we would stop filming, get gather up, tweak it, and then go back out and then we would get the gold.
Speaker 7: Because it was always about laughing at your friends or with your friends.
Speaker 4: Who gave you, guys an opportunity first where we're like, I can't believe this is happening.
Speaker 7: It was True TV. We a True TV and MTV got in a biding more. MTV wanted to.
Speaker 11: Recast us and make it a strip show so it would air every day, five days a week with a rotating cast, and then True TV was like, you know what, these middle aged fat men could be our poster child. And we ended up being True TV's like guys. They were like, you know what, We'll give you the show. So we started.
Speaker 7: But True TV wasn't didn't have any comedy.
Speaker 11: It was we aired between two basic cable reality toe truck shows. It was Lizard Lick Towing US and then South Beach tow and it was like the comedy was jammed in the middle and it just took off air, but it took to it. And then True like inverted and was like, Oh, we're gonna make it a comedy channel. And then they started doing comedy when we were in season like three two three like that, and they started like got rid of all the reality tow truck stuff and started becoming like trying to do a comedy network.
Speaker 4: When did you feel like you were actually starting to be known and then be famous, Uh.
Speaker 11: You'd get it a lot, Like the whole first season we filmed and it wasn't on TV and we were filming season two, it didn't even air yet, almost like it was only a couple of episodes. And it being on True TV helped because it was such a you know, smaller network, so a lot of people didn't even know you. So that was kind of bad and good because then when you're like you're on a practical jokers like.
Speaker 7: What is that? It's not like you're on gid to camera and they like, yo, we got you, you know. So it was like a weird, a weird thing.
Speaker 11: But I think the first time was we had gone to a wrestling event so Q, one of the guys on the show was a big wrestling fan. We got invited to go to this big wrestling event in Westbury, Long Island. There's this uh place in the so there's no walls, you know, the things in the middle, into all circles, and we started sitting there and we you know, we're doing our thing, having fun, laughing, getting loud, and people started like looking around and turning. You know that thing where you see a couple of heads. Because we were in the back, you just see a couple of heads turn and turn and turning. And then the live wrestling events is the moments where like they switch between matches, right and it just stops down and it turned around and one goes like, hey, can I get a picture? And then the whole place turned and like a zombie apocalypse, the whole room came to us and we were like up against the wall and it was like thousands of people being like and I was like and I was like, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 5: This is it was just awesome.
Speaker 7: I drove.
Speaker 11: I was like, we gotta get out of it just started. I was like at my bit like on the show is I yelled Larry and like, you know, get through crowd. So I just started doing that. Everybody thought it was a bit and I was like, guys, just stick with me. I'm like ry and everybody's like laughing, and then we just literally ran to our car. People were chasing us to our car. It was insane and I was like, oh, wow, this is really I guess we're onto something. So that moment was one of the defining ones for us. We were like, yeah, this is this is something.
Speaker 4: Did you have to change how you did the show after that moment just in case that would happened again. No.
Speaker 11: The good thing about it was, you know, we did it in New York, which was an ally because you know, Helf the city doesn't know you. It's formuling people to mess with, right, So we were just like hanging out in New York and doing a lot of it. But we had to make some adjustments where we couldn't really go out by the end, we couldn't go out in pairs as much.
Speaker 7: We'd love to going out.
Speaker 11: In pairs and trying to mess it up, but then people will be like I could kind of look like Joe, but then somebody can't kind of look like the other guy, you know, that would give us away.
Speaker 7: So we started we had to stop doing that.
Speaker 11: And then when we started doing like the focus group stuff, we would like have to do tricks to get people. So like, if it was somebody else's turn, I would play the receptionist checking them in, just like, not even for camera, just to see if somebody recognized me. So they didn't recognize me and it was somebody's turn and they're like, Okay, we're good. They don't know the show it a strategize, strategize some stuff. The hardest part was when we were doing something in the park and you're like talking to somebody you finally got them in, and somebody comes flying over. It's like, oh my god, Joe, can I get a selfie? And you're like oh and then the person's like who are you. I'm like, oh, I'm their pharmacists like you just like oh, really, well they did. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: So what about getting people to sign the waivers? Do you ever have difficulty with that?
Speaker 7: Not really, because most of the time people just thought you were crazy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: We weren't like getting people right, so weren't getting the mid They was like, oh, I didn't even know I was on the show.
Speaker 7: What is this? This stupid kind of thing?
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: But there were points where some things was so good that you just kept it with a blur anyway. But a lot of times people just got away because we went so fast. You know, we're in the park Manhattan, messing going around, but there's so many people coming through. Sometimes our production people would lose who it was, so they did get blurred, not because they were mad, it was just we'd miss them, you know.
Speaker 7: But it was such a good bit that still worked with the blur who would keep it in?
Speaker 4: So what kind of kid were you? Oh?
Speaker 7: Nerdy? Such a geek?
Speaker 8: In what way?
Speaker 4: Like college books are reading?
Speaker 7: I used to make mad.
Speaker 11: I used to make tests for my father, Like he would come home from his ten hour workday of selling life insurance to the door.
Speaker 7: And I'd be like, pop quiz Dad, Like I was like super geeking. Like I didn't really have many friends growing up either.
Speaker 11: I had you know those stupid inspirational posters that was like an oak tree and it was said like strength, you know, build your foundation, like one of those.
Speaker 7: I had this one in my room.
Speaker 11: My dad got me because I had no friends and it was fighter jets, like three of them up and it said attitude winners surround themselves with winners. And I remember my dad telling me. He was like, it was like eighth grade. It was almost before I went to school. It was into like, you know, creative writing. I was good at math, you know, I was pretty smart. And he was like, uh, don't worry, I just don't have any winners yet. And I was just and I just always stuck with me. And then in high school freshman year, I met the boys and you know, be came friends with them and had the whole journey. So it's interesting. But I was definitely like a little geeky, nerdy little brother, youngest of fifteen cousins, so like one of those. And then you know, so I was like the baby boy, Grandma's favorite, that whole thing, big Italian family.
Speaker 4: So any of my friends are Italian from the northeast espersially New York are much like I'm from the South, and we're close with our cousins. It's a very tight knit, which a cousins group. So when you say fifteen cousins, I'm assuming you all lived near each other.
Speaker 11: We lived in different parts but we spent a lot of time together. We'd vacation all the Christmas Eve at Grandma's house. Everybody'd be there for a couple of days, that whole thing.
Speaker 7: So we would do that. I had.
Speaker 11: I have one cousin, Mike, who's one year older than me. That's more of a brother than a cousin.
Speaker 7: You know. We've been through a bunch together. So yeah, but it was very tight knit for sure.
Speaker 4: What did you want to be when you grew up?
Speaker 7: An architect?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I loved legos. I thought they would translate.
Speaker 7: It didn't.
Speaker 11: I ended up get an accounting degree. I have an accounting degree, which makes no sense. I can't even bounce my own checkbook, you know. So I have an accounting degree, and I didn't really I didn't really use that much at all.
Speaker 4: So you meet the boys in like high school, eight or ninth grade whenever that is, And did you guys just do bits for each other at first?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 11: I was still very shy in high school. I didn't come really out of my shell to make people laugh till junior year or high school. I used to have lunch with Sal and you know, the guys all time, and I used to make sal laugh all the time at lunch, and they had joined the improv group at school and they were like, you gotta come, You're so funny, and I'm like no. I was like, you know, I can make my three friends laugh, but it was like eighty people everybody watching you.
Speaker 7: I'm like no, no, no.
Speaker 11: And then I went to it and I really enjoyed the improv thing. So we all started doing improv together in high school. My junior year of high school. So we'd been doing comedy a long time together.
Speaker 4: So when did you decide though you were going to focus on that's how you were going to try to make your living?
Speaker 11: Was being creative? Twenty eleven? So I was selling I worked at a baby store. I was selling high end baby gear and furniture. I was a salesman, and we got I took my two week vacation to film the pilot.
Speaker 7: Because I was always doing it.
Speaker 11: It was always the five to nine like it was after work on the side. I would be editing the videos, doing all the stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, you had a normal job, A normal job, Yeah, normal job.
Speaker 11: I was a training program manager for this company called Giggle, this high end baby store.
Speaker 7: So I used to do that, and then I took my two week vacation to film the pilot.
Speaker 11: We got picked up and I went to the CEO's office and I said, Hey, I'm gonna have to take a six month hiatus and she was like, so you're quitting.
Speaker 7: I'm like, no, it's a hiatus. She's like, you can't.
Speaker 11: I can't not have someone in your position for six months. He's like, so, don't worry. You're gonna go be a TV star and if it doesn't work out, come back. And I did not think that was going to happen. It's such the chances of what has happened to us is unbelievable. And I was like, nah, I'll be back.
Speaker 4: So you make this video, and are you are the videos you're making? Are you sending them out to people? Are you emailing he to people?
Speaker 11: So we we were big on YouTube and MySpace because back in the day, the algorithm was literally a person. It worked like a newspaper. There was an editor's desk, right, so it was one or two people that were deciding what goes on the homepage. And both of them were fans of us and just liked our comedy. So we always ended up on that, so we built a big following and then we'd made When we was time to shoot the pilot, we just took our cell phones and we went and shot a pilot. It was just basically a sizzle reel, which was like us doing stupid stuff in public. We went to Times Square at Tyler Perry Show movie was premiering, and I had to get up to a packed theater and tell everybody.
Speaker 7: That I far did and excuse myself.
Speaker 11: So I do this thing, but the whole crowd went like nuts and got behind me, and I just got caught up in the moment. So I exit like I climbed over the seats down the middle, and everybody was cheering for me, and it was such a weird moment. There was like yeah yeah, and that we left and then James tried to do it and they were like shut up and they like it was such a different dynamic because he was so not confident about it, and we had just a sizzle tape and in the room, True TV was like we want this, we want the show, we want to buy it. In the room and we were like, oh okay, let's great. And then MTV made the offer and we went back and forth and decided no, we should be on TV. We actually decided it with a coin flip because it was four of us. We always pretty much agreed, and we said, listen, if it ever comes down it's not the words two and two, we'll flip a coin. And that decision was made with a coin flip to go with true instead of MTV.
Speaker 4: Wowol, what kind of husband are you to your wife as far as jokes or are you not as extroverted at home? I'm wildly introverted when I'm not doing this. Yeah, like, how are you away from the microphone?
Speaker 11: I'm a way better husband now, I was, Yeah, I don't do h She is very introverted. She is very you know, she shines around dog people. We have like a dog rescue, so she loves like dog people. She talked to all day, all night. She's do different people with that. Otherwise she's like you, very introverted wallflower kind of thing.
Speaker 7: But we love to laugh. We laugh a lot, and she finds me annoyingly funny. I guess you know. We're not like pranking at home and stuff. My kids though.
Speaker 11: It's funny because my son and daughter. My daughter's nine My son is seven, and I'm with my son. We're in the supermarket and he just starts it's laughing, and I'm like, what's up. Many points to a cart and is a pineapple in it? And he goes to pineapple like go what? He goes, I put it there. Now, I'm now I have a decision to make. Do I yell at him and be like, don't mess with other people's stuff, or do I can like give him a.
Speaker 7: High five and I say it's great. I said, great job, budd.
Speaker 4: He goes, what do we do? What do we do?
Speaker 7: So we went and we hid. I said, you gotta wait to see them find this.
Speaker 11: So we went and hid behind the end cap of oreos and we're just sitting there waiting for it to'll come and the ladies a while to get back. And I just looked down my son and opened a bag of oreos and he was eating the oreos watching I'm watching it, waiting, so that I shot him a look and he thought he was in trouble for the wrong reason. So he goes, oh, sorry, do you want one? And so we're just sitting there eating oreos for this woman to come back. But it's funny because you see your kids like realize that. And that's what my new tour is about. So my new tour, I'm on tour now. It's called Let's get into It, and I really just break down how people become It's exactly this.
Speaker 7: It's like, how do you become the person you are?
Speaker 11: Because I started as such a nerdy, geeky kid, but I ended up as this loud, confident, brave guy and it's like, it's so weird.
Speaker 7: How we get there?
Speaker 4: Did you continue to do stage work as you were doing the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we did. We want on tour as the Jokers and we did five world tours together.
Speaker 4: But would you do and I knew you guys had toured that, but would you do comedy by yourself?
Speaker 5: Ever? No?
Speaker 11: As Almos on stage? I only started when I left the show, So really, yeah three years ago?
Speaker 4: How did when you got started? Like where did you start? Just do small clubs Appleton, Wisconsin and without telling people you were coming or no announced?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I did Joe Gaddo's Night of Comedy.
Speaker 11: I brought two very good comics with me, Steve Burne who you may know, and I Mark Chickarjian and they were good friends of mine, both really seasoned stand ups, and I was like, all right, look, I'm gonna go up there, and if it's terrible, you guys are gonna come in and save the day with Joe Godda's Night of Comedy. I know we'll have a good show. But I went up and I did like thirty five minutes and it was really good.
Speaker 7: It felt good.
Speaker 11: I came back and Steve, who's a very good friend of mine, was like, you've got this, don't worry.
Speaker 7: You just got to figure out what you're going to talk about.
Speaker 4: So, and you're special messing with people?
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Are you messing with people?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: It's my story about how I liked how I entertain and enjoy messing with people and how I realized it's just so ingrained in me. So I'm a storyteller. That's how my I format is more. I tell stories, not just like a you know, joke writer kind of guy. But I have a lot of interesting stories that I have punched up, and a lot of it just shows that I really just do this in my DNA.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like after you tell a story and it exists that you can't tell it anymore.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you just got to, don't tell it to the person that's already heard it.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 4: But if somebody comes to a show, right, No, no.
Speaker 7: My show. But this new to this new thing is all brand new hour. It's a brand new hour, so let's get into it.
Speaker 11: What I'm touring with now is a completely different hour than the Messing with People special Once you I did it for two and a half years and it was time was up, and I was like, you work so hard on something you don't want it just just to go away.
Speaker 7: So I made the special and I was proud of the product. I was like, I want people to see this.
Speaker 4: So why YouTube? Obviously a lot of people wanted your services.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not as many as you think. No, it was you know, eight hundred pound gorillas.
Speaker 11: They're they're a good partner and they're really a home for like stand up and I want people to see me in this new light, so it's good to be with them. So you bring in a different crowd and different you know, like to like. The subscription ones are great, but it's always who's subscribed. Although people you know, you still get a big audience, but everybody could get the special for free, which is good.
Speaker 7: It's super shareable, which is nice.
Speaker 4: You know, how's that been doing for you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 4: Do you like the YouTube relationship?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's great. I mean the comments are fun, Like you go, look at those I do. I respond to every comment, good or bad.
Speaker 4: You're out of your mind, I do it.
Speaker 7: I mean wow, I mean why not?
Speaker 4: I remember you're extremely likable though, to be.
Speaker 7: Honest, yeah, that's nice, but people.
Speaker 4: Aren't fair enough. Tell me a comment story.
Speaker 7: There's something that that's like, you know, but I remember back in the day.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you remember this, but when Jean Favreau did Swingers, and I'm a huge Fabre fan and Vince Vaughn fan, he had put up.
Speaker 7: A comment board.
Speaker 11: It was just on you could go and he would reply to the comments and you would talk to John Favreau. And as a young person who's like trying to do it, I thought that was so cool the accessibility, And we're so accessible now. So I was like, you know what, I'm gonna do this with my special. I wanted people to be able to say what they want to say and then get back to them. And then if people say they don't like it, It's fine because, as you know, Comedi's one hundred percent subjective.
Speaker 7: If you don't like it, you don't like it, it's okay. Thanks for giving it a shot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: It's not like I don't get into it and start like yelling at them, you know, And I'm not really getting anything like like name calling me or like bully and stuff. I shut that stuff down real quick, you know. So I'm not really worried about that. But I just think it's important to interact with the fans. I mean, we're all here because we have fans.
Speaker 4: Right, So how long is you're special?
Speaker 7: Just over an hour? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was that purposeful? Did you try to keep it in an hour?
Speaker 5: Be?
Speaker 7: About an hour is the right amount of time where you could go? Yeah? I cut out some stuff that I didn't like.
Speaker 11: It during the tour because I toured with it for two and a half years, like I said, And I had a funny story that had me with my son that's a big part of my show, and I actually took out a different story and just put that in because I was telling my friends we had gone to Disney World, and I don't know if you ever been to Disneyland, they do that big Star Wars ride and my son was five years old to the point, and he had never We went on the Star Wars ride and it's super immersive, like everybody's playing a part. And my son had never been on a ride and never seen a Star Wars movie, so he thought he had abducted by aliens.
Speaker 4: He had no idea.
Speaker 7: And We're on the ride and I'm having I'm such a Star Wars geek. I'm a joint.
Speaker 11: And I look over and my son is hugging the guardrail and he's yelling I want to.
Speaker 7: Go back to her, and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And then I realized.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh no, this kid has no idea what's happening. And it was just so funny.
Speaker 11: And I told that story to Steve in the car as we were driving, and he was like, you gotta tell us on stage, And that night I told it on stage and it became like a centerpiece of my show.
Speaker 4: Would you watch it back and realize where you were getting some laughs and then try to make those moments a little more crisp? Yeah, do you game tape yourself? I do.
Speaker 7: That's hard, that's hard. You watch yourself.
Speaker 4: I hate myself when I do that.
Speaker 7: Everybody does. That's the worst. That's the worst watching when you're like, oh, when you think something's gonna kill.
Speaker 4: But I get less confident, Like I'll watch anything I do and I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm like, you're awful. So I find like, sometimes, depending on where my mental and emotional stage is, ye, it's better for me not to do that. Sometimes if I'm in a good place, I can and I can make the notes. Do you have anybody that you can trust to tell you that something's going great or even not going great?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you could tell too, though. I mean I've been doing it a long time. I've been doing comedy a long time, so you could tell. I self at it a lot. I'll also not give up on something. If it's not working, then I'll sit up there and say three more jokes in it. That's what my friend Mark taught me to is like, try three jokes if one doesn't work, and if none of them work, it's.
Speaker 7: Not a good joke.
Speaker 11: So I'll get up there because I have improp background, so I'll just jump in and try some stuff.
Speaker 7: I had a great show, like this new tour is still like in its very early stages.
Speaker 11: So I just did chatt A Nooga last night and it was a great show, and I was like, Okay, this is this is the one to start replicating. So you know, I've done about twelve shows with this tour so far, and I was like, this is the right one.
Speaker 4: Joe Gotto Official dot com.
Speaker 7: Not the regular Joe. I don't know that other guy.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the exists. Did you look at it? Know?
Speaker 11: If somebody just has the domain, it's just somebody hasn't. So you got to throw the official on the end.
Speaker 4: Or mister That's what I had to do, mister Bobby Bellins, because yeah, some guy wouldn't give me. That sounds very regal, I know, and I'm not like that's the weird part about it. Joe goto official dot com for all the tour dates and you are all over the place their dates all the way up until March up next year. So is your goal to build out another special.
Speaker 7: The goal is to keep getting in front of people and making him laugh.
Speaker 11: I just love making an event for people to come and forget how terrible life is and laugh together for a while. So I'm having a lot of fun doing this, and then I'm sure when this is over, I'll have the same feeling I had with the last one, which is you just don't want.
Speaker 7: It to just go away.
Speaker 4: So the kid's book, tell me about this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, where's Barry? Yeah? I just came out. I just came up with a kid's book. It's been so much fun.
Speaker 11: My I partnered with Penguin Publishing Group, got illustrated by a great guy, Luke Flowers, and it's a story about my son lost his stuffed animal and he he was playing hide and go seek with it at bedtime.
Speaker 7: Like if you're a parent, you.
Speaker 11: Know, if your kid loses their stuff, it's at bedtime. It's forget it, it's over right. So it was catastrophic. So I was like, you got to calm down, let's find it. And we told him how to calm down and retrace his steps, and he started like breathing and doing like this nom mis.
Speaker 7: Day thing, which way I didn't even know to this day where he got it from.
Speaker 11: He was like, I was like okay, and then he had hidden it under a pot under the sink, like upside down, like I never would have found it. He was playing hide and go seek with it, and we never would have found it. So I'm like, thank goodness he was able to and it was a fun story. Sorry, So I sent it out. It got illustrated and it came a really fun kids book.
Speaker 4: Your Animal Rescue. You talk about your wife. You have a service dog here with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, a Sperimoni. She's in the book as well. She's in Where's Berry?
Speaker 4: What is it about dogs or animals that you guys are so passionate about.
Speaker 7: We have a senior dog rescue in on Long Island.
Speaker 11: It's called Ghatto Pups and Friends, and we started it about two years ago. My wife was just collecting these old decrepit dogs for a while. She was just that we just had like so many rescue dogs, and I'm like, we could probably do better if we start trying to find them homes and adopt them out.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: So we just adopted out this last week and I think our one hundred and twentieth dog, which is so much fun. It's great to find homes for them, but we we just love them. They're part of the family. We have eleven dogs ourselves and then the pack. You have eleven dogs, eleven dogs yeah, this is where do they all live.
Speaker 7: In the house?
Speaker 11: Yeah, and they sleep in the eight of them sleep upstairs with us. Who most of them are like smaller. We only have a couple that are big, bigger, But like she sleeps on my pillow and she tours with you. She comes within the road in me every now and again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How much of the touring are you doing in a car? How much are you flying?
Speaker 7: And it's a fly in and then fly out one.
Speaker 11: I'll take the dog with me if I'm doing multiple flights in between, I don't take her, but I do lots of driving.
Speaker 7: I like to drive.
Speaker 4: Well, you just drive. We won't just drive from New York, but you'll fly somewhere, fly, pick up a rental.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 4: What do you do all day when you have a show at night?
Speaker 7: I walk around, I go.
Speaker 11: I love going into these little towns, just popping around and stuff, going to main street, getting a coffee and a donut, meeting the people, shopping into like a you know, candles and BS store.
Speaker 4: I just think if I saw Joe, I'd feel like I'd be looking around. Oh that you get that all the time, Like, what are you about to do something to me? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I sorry.
Speaker 11: I was at Target and I got to find the paper towels. Is a nice little old lady red vest. I say, excuse me, miswate of paper towels, and she looks at me and goes, oh, no, Joe, you're not getting me me like, I just need favorite towels later.
Speaker 4: That's funnyet thats all the time. Are you Are you feeling fulfilled from kind of this new season of Joe?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Life is good. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I got a little bit of balance, a little bit back I got, you know, I feel like a better dad, better husband. I'm still getting the comedy. Uh uh, scratching the itch of the comedy with everything I'm doing. The creativity is great. It's just always fun when you concentrate on something for so long, one thing, like you know, when you were able to look away, you have so many other ideas.
Speaker 7: It's cool to be able to chase these things.
Speaker 4: And did you feel like you weren't able to get bored therefore you wouldn't really create? Were you so busy doing the show?
Speaker 7: I was very busy doing the show. Yeah.
Speaker 11: It was very consuming, you know, because I did the production and edits and everything, and then we toured together, and it just was non stop kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I am just going, if I'm doing stand up or doing a TV show and then doing the radio show, I can never get bored. Therefore, I just feel like I'm never actually creating. I'm just trying to maintain conteny.
Speaker 7: That's smart.
Speaker 4: Therefore, nothing is coming out of me that I'm like super proud of because I'm just trying to keep up all the time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but then when you start something new, that sparks up the whole machine again. Right, So that's what's really fun and exciting. Was like, like I wrote the kids book, I'm like, oh, this is really cool. I've never done this, and then you get really into it and behind it.
Speaker 4: You know. I like to go back to something you said earlier when you said up on my comment of I'm not good at small talk, you said, yeah, obviously or something like that. He noticed, Yeah, yeah, hek know whatever wants he said, I'm curious.
Speaker 11: To because you pulled the bathroom, you pulled the eye gotta go to the body, and you disagreed.
Speaker 4: Let me look me by myself in the hold on in an arena. I was for like a good ten minutes and then I did. I was like, I just need to go the bathroom and kind of regroup, because again, you're a big famous Joe and here here I am. I'm like, I don't notice. It's loud, and you're like, hey man, where are you from? And so that's awkward.
Speaker 5: So you didn't yell at your face?
Speaker 4: Oh me, Oh that's me. It's like that was a pressure to you. It's like you're meeting somebody in a bar. Pressure for me, though, what do you like to eat? You're just doing that the whole time. So I'm like, I know I'm annoying this guy. He's going to be here with me either. But I did like you. I thought you were super warm. I just think nobody ever wants to be around me because I'm terrible at that. What was your impression after working with me for I don't know eight minutes.
Speaker 11: I was excited that we actually because we was able to book this right We got the news that I was doing this right before, so.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 11: I could talk Hi about doing this and You're like, yeah, i'll see you that I'm gonna go pee.
Speaker 7: I was like, all right, something later.
Speaker 11: I guess i'll talk to the studio. But and then you were like, yeah, I gotta go, peace out. This is my wife, see ya, and you were gone. But I think like you were that You're right, that is a very loud, weird place. Everybody's looking at you. But when the cameras started and we were on that little stage together and it got we had a lot of fun in the moment.
Speaker 7: We only had you know, you know what was it before we introduced Keith Urban We had a minute and a half.
Speaker 11: But it was a very fun minute and a half because we went off the cuff, which I love, and you are super smart and quick, which is cool. And then everybody in the theater like responded to us, everybody in the arena, which was really fun. So I think overall, you'll give yourself a hard time. I'd back it down a bit. I think you're a good guy.
Speaker 4: Well I never said it wasn't a good guy, but now I can actually see. So when you're doing these shows, what time do you get to bed.
Speaker 7: Depends?
Speaker 11: If I have the dog with me, I sleep way better, go to bed much quicker because I'm so used to sleeping with so much animals.
Speaker 7: But uh yeah, I'd probably go to bed, I write.
Speaker 11: When I get back, you're off the high of a show, probably around midnight ish one o'clock.
Speaker 4: So not like the hard comedy four am no, because.
Speaker 11: The shows I only do one shot. I don't like comedy clubs. I'll go to bed later because the late show starts at ten thirty. But my show is in a round seven thirty, so I'll go when I play casino, it's a little bit later.
Speaker 4: That's pretty nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you ever have that feeling like, because I honest, do you tour by yourself?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well I have a group of people that come with the team that works with me. But and then Mark, who's my opener, who is very funny. He's with me on all dates.
Speaker 4: But like you're close, you're close folks. They stay home for the most part.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my kids come to me every now and again. My kids will be me next weekend, which is cool.
Speaker 4: Do you ever do the thing where it's like if they're celebrating ah, and you get back to your hotel room like an hour and you're like, I'm so alone. I liked it when people were liking me, they were yelling.
Speaker 11: It is a weird thing where you're just sitting there eating room service nachos, watching something and on the streamer.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean, it's a little different.
Speaker 11: You know, like you're going from these taking your bows in front of this theater and now you're like, yeah, I'll take can I can I get extra cheese?
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're like enjoying life, like your smile when you're talking, and that doesn't always happen with all artists and performers. You can kind of tell they're just kind of fighting through something. Oh yeah, yeah, I feel like that. Hopefully you found this new part of a film in your life. Does that everybody come out to you and go, why aren't you on the show anymore? Is that the most annoying question ever?
Speaker 7: Full time? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sure, And what do you say to them.
Speaker 7: I'm not on it anymore.
Speaker 4: Do you ever come across yourself? Do you watch yourself?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's on now and again, I mean it's it's I see things like in airports, you know, like it'll be on the show and stuff, and that people will realize that's always so funny, but they're like, oh what it's on airplanes, Like I'll be waiting on the line to go to the bathroom or something, and I'll see somebody. I'll see me on somebody's screen and they're laughing and then they look over and it's me and they're like, what what is it?
Speaker 7: Kind of like, yeah, I'm just going to the bathroom. Well, yeah, it's uh, it's been good.
Speaker 11: I mean. The biggest thing people want to know is like, oh, well, you're still friends with the guys because it's such a show. And I'm like, yeah, we were friends before, we're friends after. We've been friends, you know, thirty, we're just not friends from work anymore.
Speaker 10: So you guys have any questions for Joe maybe, I mean just working with friends for so long and we've all been years years. Yeah, so we started really young together. But was there ever any conflict that y'all had to navigate? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Always, always, you know, comedy is hard by committee too, you know, but we always worked it out.
Speaker 7: We would always have an open mind.
Speaker 11: There was always a sentence we could say to each other where I remember there was like a specific punishment I wanted to do where I wanted. Sal always gets in his own mind and he's like very fun to watch, like implode if you manipulate all his neuroses. And I was like, let's make a punishment where Sal doesn't know he's being punished and continually thinks he is and isn't is and isn't isa is. I can he'll unravel. I said, it'll be so fun we could do and nobody, nobody was in on it. And I remember me and Q were talking and I just looked at him and said, I'm gonna do it. It's gonna be funny, and he goes okay, and that was it. And we've said that sentence to each other a bunch of times, just like, trust me, it's going to be funny and well. And we always knew we'd be able to make and if somebody had some confidence in it, we did it. So that would be like the sentence that would be like, guys, you know, because it's everybody's show too, right, you can't be like you can't do this on your show like that. That was always weird, but we always most part agreed. We'd worked together for so long before that, we get you your own voice. It was kind of like a one voice kind of thing.
Speaker 10: Being friends for that long though, too, the hanging out because y'all are working together so much, then it's like, would you all ever be like, hey, you want to grab dinner.
Speaker 5: Fright in it?
Speaker 7: It would be so funny when we'd see each other out in the wild.
Speaker 11: We had to saying see you in twelve hours because we literally there's one time where I saw it. We saw each other for thirty two days in a row, like in a row, like you don't see your family that much. It was crazy, Like we had a tour, we had our cruise, then we went on a tour. We had the show back to filming, then we went on a tour and it was like insanity. And then I remember there was somebody's it was like a wedding or something, and we all had to go to somebody's wedding. Somebody was getting married from the show on the production team, and we all went to the wedding and we were like saw each other at a wedding. We're like, we were just talking about bits of what we could do with the wedding. I'm like, guys, could we did not think about like how we're gonna best we hear.
Speaker 4: At this wedding, Eddie luxbox anything for Joe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I could he mentioned a cruise real quick. So we've been trying to talk Bobby into doing a Bobby Bone Show crew.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 11: What's that like, going on vacation with your crazy fans at seas for six days?
Speaker 7: So so fun?
Speaker 4: I get motionsick though, don't go Yeah.
Speaker 5: I tried.
Speaker 4: I tried.
Speaker 5: That was easy, alright.
Speaker 4: Motion sickness is kind of like No, that's like the big that just sits in here, h and no thing you can do. Everybody charts with the.
Speaker 14: Stupid like ear patches or whatnot, wristbands, ear patches, butt plus.
Speaker 5: Watched the Horizon.
Speaker 4: I don't know you're talking about the buttplug.
Speaker 5: Consult your physician.
Speaker 4: Different different group, different group, Morgan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know if you guys ever ran into any legal problems when you guys were doing these jokes or punishment.
Speaker 3: Something had to happen because some of those go horribly wrong.
Speaker 4: I would imagine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Actually it played in our favor once because we had gotten a letter from the city. We did this bit where we were just doing a stupid thing down by the uh by the one of the official buildings downtown and out front. It had these huge statues and we made sal start playing a competition of got your nose, So you had this the nose always had to get bigger. So you start with a baby, which is weird to do to somebody's baby, and then you do it to an adult, which is even weirder.
Speaker 7: And then Sal was like there was a huge statue.
Speaker 11: When he climbed on his statue and he was like, got your nose whatever, and it was like a huge thing.
Speaker 7: We got a letter from the city.
Speaker 11: They had seen it, and they sent a production We're having a meeting and their production manager comes in. He's like, hey, we just got a letter. We have to you know, we got to find from the city about this trespassing. And they had seen a thing that you know, because it's a landmark building, and blah blah blah, and they left. The next day, Sal wasn't in and I was in with everybody. The showrunner comes in and he goes, hey, don't worry, we got that thing sorted. I was like, no, we didn't, No, we didn't, just we didn't. Sal's in trouble.
Speaker 7: Just leave it.
Speaker 11: So then we started this whole campaign up that Sal was facing a five hundred thousand dollar fine and needed to go to a dissertation, like to sit down with a judge, And we posed this whole thing downtown they have the where they film NYPD Blue and all that they have, like these fake courthouses. We rented one out, got extras, made somebody as an actress, and used all these hidden cameras that we had never used before. There was like a lipstick cam in a water bottle, like all this high end stuff, and made Sal sit through this thing. And then a couple months after that, we had our one of our sets rated by Homeland Security and rolled up like a movie like whoa Like And they go up to Sal and eventually he turns around and the woman who was the judge was like, gotcha and he just melted into It took about a year and a year or two months to play out, which is really really fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's why.
Speaker 7: And he could his mind just exploded. He's like, how did I not get this? You know it was his day off when he went for the dissertation.
Speaker 5: He's like, so I was working. I didn't get paid that day. Like how rich did you guys get basic cable? Not very I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no residuals noting like that.
Speaker 11: The movie helps you get paid the residuals on the written movie, which was cool, but basic cable.
Speaker 4: You don't get any The special is messing with people. You can search for it. It's on YouTube now and Joe is all over So how do you do?
Speaker 8: You say?
Speaker 4: Got it? Got my accent in your accent.
Speaker 7: Everybody says Gotto. Yeah it's Ghatto.
Speaker 4: So it is Gatto gat got gat Ghatto, Gotta Joe Gatto. See, okay, I get, I get Gatto.
Speaker 7: A to Gaddo. You know it gets it goes all over the place, but Gaddo, yes, Gatto.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 4: Bobby Boons, all right, you guys could go to Joe Gaddo official Gaddo yes now he got that feels weird, Yeah, Joe gaddowofficial dot com to see all of his dates in a lot of the cities that are shows. And you're all you're basically just following us wherever we are show is. You're all all over the country. Congratulations and thank you for coming and really appreciate the time. This is great And next time I'll not pee, I'll just hold it. I'll ply it to people really bad I'm like, I'm not gonna go to the bathroom, Joe the bathroom shoes. I came in and I'm just gonna talk to these fine folks. Joe get to see, Man get to see.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, a new segment got pitched.
Speaker 2: Lunch Box brought up Traffic Talk where he rolls up to another car who has his window down because the weather is finally nice, and they have a random conversation and we all actually really enjoyed it. So so it did get renewed for two more episodes, but past those two more episodes, we don't know. For now, enjoy this special edition of Traffic Talk.
Speaker 4: Number five, Huchbox wants to pitch us a new segment, but it's not just a pitch. He actually did it, and if we like it, we'll do it more. Okay, Okay, so what's the idea.
Speaker 5: It's called traffic Talk. Guys. The weather is getting good outside now. People are rolling with their windows down. And you know what is awkward is when you pull it up a stop light and you find a car with their window down, you just start talking car to card. Okay, I mean you want to talk about catching people off guard because they got nowhere to go because it's a red light and they are stuck.
Speaker 4: I guess they could roll the window up.
Speaker 5: They could, they could. Well, you want to see how people react.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's hear a little bit of traffic talk with lunchbox. H this is outside of a grocery store.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the red light right outside the grocery store. Dude's got his windows down. He you know, probably about my age. Look, you know, just kind of looks like he works in computers.
Speaker 4: Interesting, so you're saying it's like and nerdy gully glasses. Yeah, okay, there we go.
Speaker 5: Man, it's finally window down weather. That's awesome. Yeah, good day at the office office, Oh even better? Huh how about you? YEA was all right, not too bad, you know what I mean, got out a little early, got to enjoy some sunshine. Any big plans tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's on the menu?
Speaker 4: Probably flower taco That's what.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about. I think we're having salmon burger. So yeah, the wife's making it. So that's even better. All right, man, I have a good one. This is called traffic talk. I just figured, you know, talk to the person next to me, right, have a good one.
Speaker 4: You don't have telling the second man? Yeah, like you had to be like, hey, we call this traffic talk buddy bones.
Speaker 5: And I mean, I'm you know, there's feedback. I can figure out what where I need to take conversations. I don't know. I just kind of was there and I was like, let's do it. Or the next guy and this guy, yeah, I mean this guy like works for a company, like early twenties.
Speaker 4: The truck's like sitting higher than you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's kind of uh okay, here we go. How's going, Hey, happy happy day? What you got going today about?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 5: Any big news going on every day? All right, we'll have a great day. Man. Light turns, Yeah, that's gonna be a problem. You can't you can't talk when the light's green. You don't want to get honked at the light.
Speaker 4: Got you? I wonder what was gonna happen in this day? You gotta go chase him down. You guys like traffic talking. Love it so far?
Speaker 8: Love it?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: More traffic talk. Uh there's a dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was like a little dog with his head out the passenger window. So I make a comment on the dog first and the guy. He's gotta freaked out.
Speaker 4: Okay, sixty year old bald man, what's ritten on my sheet?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, great day for the pup to get some fresh air, I said. The puppy was getting some fresh air. It's great, great weather. How you doing, Ben, great good day at the office. What do you do all right?
Speaker 4: Oh? There you go.
Speaker 5: Purpose you just drive around all day so you've been ready for the window down weather. Any big news going out in your life now? Just hanging and banging, That's what I'm talking about. Yeah, green light, we gotta go. Traffic talk, that was weird.
Speaker 4: I just threw me a couple of times hanging and banging and then like when he else traffic talking to the end and went up with the edits too. That were the well he had, like turn him way up. Yeah, you can't hear him.
Speaker 5: You got to understanding, like it's hard to talk tough man. That is hard. Yeah, yeah, hard to listen to too. So so far I have three dudes, three man. I tried to talk to one lady.
Speaker 4: She is is this her?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No, she went to the next line over. Oh yeah, but this like, no, this late is cool?
Speaker 4: Okay here you.
Speaker 5: Hello, you're having a good day.
Speaker 4: I can't complain, you know, well you.
Speaker 5: Can, that's true.
Speaker 13: What do you do the rest of the day, the pay and field? Okay, all right, well I just want to say, have a great day. And we're not gonna write though when it turns green by.
Speaker 4: Hanging and banging that.
Speaker 5: Man, it's not bad.
Speaker 4: I love bad. I think I think it has been renewed for two more episodes. Okay, yeah, two more in you we'll renew it for two more and then we'll talk to the executives and see how they feel about it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 2: So my birthday happened recently and a stranger sent me something on Venmo and then followed up that Venmo was something he wanted to buy for me, and I needed the show's opinion.
Speaker 5: Do I do it? Do I not?
Speaker 3: What should happen here? So you can listen, decide, let me know.
Speaker 2: There's also a reeal on this, so you can comment your thoughts on there or hit me up in my DMS. What you would do if a stranger was wanting to buy you a very expensive gift.
Speaker 4: Number four, let's walk through this with Morgan. Number two. Uh so, Morgan, were you out at a bar when this guy like seeing the venmo that that type thing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, So there was some guy who I guess he saw it was my birthday on social media and he sent me twenty dollars on Vinmo and he's like, go grab some drinks on me. How do you know your I don't know my Venmo's private, so I'm not sure how he found my Vinmo.
Speaker 4: Okay, and that's okay, you spend the money, right, yeah?
Speaker 7: Right then we got you got the money, right?
Speaker 4: I think you don't send it back?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: You it's yours right forelget about that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean that's obvious.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I think so too. Okay, Morgan, go ahead.
Speaker 2: But then he followed up like later in the evening with a comment on the Venmo that he sent me and said, I remember you saying you wanted a dice in hair thing?
Speaker 3: Would you like that for your birthday?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Gosh, a dice in hair dry? Morgan? How much this things cost?
Speaker 3: Like six hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: That's when you say, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Why don't we advise Morgan here? Because we both we said it was okay, to take the twenty bucks because he already put in her Venmo, but I I wants to buy her a six seven hundred dollars Dyson hair dryer.
Speaker 5: I would accept it. Why would you not? If someone wants to give you a gift, take the gift.
Speaker 4: But do you have to see them to get the gift? Or does he send you the six hundred dollars Venmo?
Speaker 3: I feel like it would come through Venmo.
Speaker 5: There's no question in my mind what I'm doing. Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: But then do you owe him something like a date or do you even know what he looks like?
Speaker 7: Do you have?
Speaker 4: Obviously he's hitting on you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's just like a close up shot of his face that I see.
Speaker 10: Okay, wow, could then, though be the new dating app that's called prostitution?
Speaker 5: So great point?
Speaker 4: If he I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me just ask Morgan, what do you think? Morgan?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm tempted.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't doing anything. I was just existing in my life. He came out of nowhere and you're like, hey, let me do this for you. Three to that as a birthday gift.
Speaker 2: But then there's another part of me, that's like, oh, yeah, he definitely want something from that.
Speaker 4: No, for sure, he wants something from that. He wants you to even your acknowledgment. Have you looked him up on social media like deep dived him.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't gone that far into this.
Speaker 2: I was really curious what you guys would respond first before I made any moves.
Speaker 5: I'd take the hair dryer, of course you would.
Speaker 4: Of course you would.
Speaker 5: If they get in the block.
Speaker 4: Does he live here? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I really haven't like reresponded to anything yet.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I just feel like we have to look forward here a little bit and think they have anything inappropriate or creepy creepy word to be going on with this guy, like Morgan engaging with him in this way, like you know our security guy Tim. He had to walk me through something that I ignored for about a year. He was telling me to do something and I was like, Tim, you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I got this blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 10: And then one day he sat me down he said, look, we need to think about the future here.
Speaker 5: If you're ever in court or.
Speaker 10: Anything like that, and something comes up and they're gonna be like, well, you engaged with him, and like more, no, but what if this I'm just pulling a Tim here and gonna say what if Morgan? What if something ends up happening one day?
Speaker 3: They're like the judge is like.
Speaker 5: Well you did.
Speaker 10: You were receiving gifts from him. A six hundred didn't do anything wrong and you shouldn't do anything wrong even neither was I. But Tim created a hypothetical that made sense that I just wanted to distance myself from the situation, which I think is exactly what Morgan should do. Here and now, A drink is one thing. A six hundred dollars hair tool is very hair tool.
Speaker 5: It's just a hair tool.
Speaker 7: What's the are you thinking? What do you think?
Speaker 4: No, it's all I'm thinking about the guy that would also do that. That's kind of a losory thing. Did I thought it was a baller.
Speaker 5: Fine line. I don't think it's ball.
Speaker 4: Okay, if a dude's like a I'll buy you a hair dryer ball, I think it is a baller dude loser through Venmo.
Speaker 5: It's like, look, man, like I'm flexing much. I'm not worried about six hundred dollars. I'll treat you right, whine and dine and spoil you. Let's go.
Speaker 7: How is that not romantic?
Speaker 4: What is romantic? It is unasked for. She's never even met up, she doesn't know anything about it, which.
Speaker 5: Is even right?
Speaker 4: Aren't those unasked gifts?
Speaker 7: Aren't those the most romantic?
Speaker 5: You guys? But at least you know who the person is, and you like people that pay attention to what you say. She made a comment, she wanted this thing, and he paid attention. Don't you women want someone that pays attention to what you say?
Speaker 10: Nobody, he's not going to vendmower And he's like, Okay, hey, I've got the dice in here, I need your address to mail it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, of course not that's easily.
Speaker 5: Did you buy me to Square West?
Speaker 4: That's hard? But then he's out at the radio. I think there's more bad things that can happen than there are good things that can happen. It would be very tempting to say, sounds great on that reply, get six hundred bucks by a dice in Hart, because that is a lot of money for something that's really nice. But I think this guy will then because if he's crazy enough to do this, he's crazy enough to do other crazy things.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, no one said he's crazy. He's romantic.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. Have you checked your DMS?
Speaker 12: Is like hit?
Speaker 4: You have to ask you out in DMS or anything.
Speaker 2: Let me look.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he has, but we'll see because if also, how the guy find her?
Speaker 4: Venmo, because you really are forgetting like how even got to this?
Speaker 7: Is it her name? Because that's pretty easy?
Speaker 10: Maybe does he know like if he goes to lunchboxes? Or has anybody paid her? Because some some transactions even if you're you can see their friends private.
Speaker 3: You can see like you don't know what they paid, but they paid.
Speaker 9: But that's stalking, right, I'm looking at Amy's to get your No.
Speaker 4: That's how people find each other all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't he's like if he there is one that follows me, but he hasn't sent many messages before.
Speaker 4: What do you think? But what do you look like him?
Speaker 11: I am not.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I can lunchbox. What if a girl was doing this to you were single, but she was like you did not find her attractive at all, like there was no chance and you knew she was trying to say what up. I'll tell you, Morgan, I would just say no. I would say nothing.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, do I even respond?
Speaker 4: I would say nothing. Keeps a twenty bucks? You can act like you never I mean if you never responded. He doesn't know if you ever got twenty bucks. Although I probably heard the segment because he's in love with you and obsessed with you. I would run for I would not do it. It'd be she said, I take it.
Speaker 7: I would not do it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Kane Brown stopped by the studio and we learned something pretty shocking about him and his calendar why this is a thing for him. Also, he has a crazy TV setup when it comes to sports and watching things at home. And also we heard when new music is coming. So this Kane Brown interview is always really fun. Whenever he comes in studio, it's like he's down for whatever and down to talk about all the things.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what happened here. So here's Kane Brown in the studio.
Speaker 1: Number three on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now Kane Brown can't go to see a buddy. Hey, I was thinking about you know Marshmallow because that one thing, right was a jam right, and you guys do this miles on it together. Does he wear the helmet when you're with them?
Speaker 12: No, I mean unless we're in public, but.
Speaker 4: Like if you're just hanging out, he doesn't, like I want to wear the helmet.
Speaker 12: No, it was one incident that we went to. I probably won't say that. If you're thinking twice, it is probably better or not. We're very close, but I don't do that to him.
Speaker 4: So I always I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to be like a Lutra door like with a mask in public, but then in private, no one knows who you are. Yeah, that's got to be pretty cool for him to be able to like be Marshmallow in public.
Speaker 12: I will say I can tell this story. There was one time he was saying that he uh was with his ex girlfriend and they were walking and somebody came up and asked to take a picture with her, and they asked him to take the picture.
Speaker 4: That's like, if you only knew, that's funny. H Thomas Rutt told a story about like that once to us too. He was at a like during Christmas at Opry Mills and someone's like, hey, take a picture, and then they gave him the phone to take a picture.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 12: It happens with my wife all the time too. What do you mean I go asked me to take a picture of them, and she's like, they're like, I noticed you because your wife.
Speaker 4: I'm like, also they know who they have. They need to see your wife to know it's you. Otherwise you're just a normal dude. Normals like, hey, you take a picture of us, do you? I just feel weird asking people to take a picture of me, Like I feel like I'm bothering them, though, like I will never My wife has no problem with it. Would be just ask somebody to take a picture.
Speaker 12: Like if it's her and I somewhere, Oh yeah, I just use the you're selfish, yeah, I mean, or just do the TikTok thing now, just to get something in the background, find the angle.
Speaker 4: Or your shoes.
Speaker 8: Who yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's the whole album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess. But if you're outside, that's kind of tough.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I feel like people were pretty nice to take a picture.
Speaker 4: No, I feel like they will. I just hate asking anybody to do anything, so I don't want to go up with somebody be like, hey, man, I want on vacation. Once by myself wasn't really vacation. I went to finish a book, so I was like, if I go to Hawaii. I never been to Hawaii. I'm gonna go to Hawaii. The time zone is way different. I'm gonna go by myself. And I went hiking by myself and I was like, hey, we take a picture and they're like, yeah, you and who else were? I was like, no, just me, just me on me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's cool. Though not think in the moment it didn't feel very cool. Well, I would have asked you if you need a friend. But it's cool and it's also brave. Like the other day, I went to watch a movie by myself and I thought it was awesome. There's something about it.
Speaker 4: I've done that a lot. I've done it a decent amount of times, eating dinner or a movie. But it was because I didn't have any other choice.
Speaker 12: I don't know, I'm just a loner.
Speaker 4: But I feel like you have a lot of activity going on at home now and maybe you just needed some alone times, a good break.
Speaker 10: I saw Open Table the reservation app there was this whole article about how solo reservations are up this year, like percentage wise people are booking table for one.
Speaker 12: I think it's cool. I think a lot of people look at you like you're lonely. But then I look at it as like that dude or that girl's a boss, like she's not scared to go out to eat or going out hike in Hawaii. Like for you to go to Hawaii by yourself's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to get out of the time zone so I wouldn't be so focused on work because if everybody else was asleep, Yeah, then emails weren't flying in.
Speaker 12: That makes sense. Do you get a bunch of emails like about work. I don't chake emails at all. I don't have my schedule on my phone. I literally I've made it where just for a stress life environment or stress free environment, I just don't have my schedule. And then, like if we booked the tea time to go golf, I would probably tell you in an hour in advance. You know, I actually have to fly to somewhere. I just get told before, literally like a couple hours before.
Speaker 4: Well, that didn't seem safe. It seems like if youve been missing stuff like crazy.
Speaker 12: I'm always on time, but you bail on people technically no, no, don't.
Speaker 1: Technically fail because he said an hour before.
Speaker 5: The people that I'm always with they know me, so it's expected.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you get like a debrief or like the night before, like hey, don't forget tomorrow you have a B C.
Speaker 7: D, E F G.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but it goes in one ear and right out the other.
Speaker 4: But if you had to punch, I would just be so anxious.
Speaker 12: I'm a quick packer. So, h Kenny, that's about behind there. Oh, he's right here.
Speaker 5: So he goes with me.
Speaker 7: He takes six.
Speaker 12: Bags and they're all like, what sixty five plus pounds? Yes, he brings his whole closet. He's new to tour. Well, the first time we left. The first time we left, he told that we were deployed basically and gone for six months. He told his girl friend goodbye and everything.
Speaker 5: Wait, and then you left me like a weekend getting he came back.
Speaker 4: He was going for two So when you you just throw a suitcase to other quick and get out. Yeah, but do you do the thing where if you forget anything, you you know when you land, so you just have you just go get it when you land.
Speaker 12: The hardest thing for me is clothes from going from a show on a bus and flying somewhere and then being like, oh no, I don't have this or that, and then I hate trying to I hate wearing the same stuff on stage, which is weird. But it's like the same pictures for like content. So if already posted at me in that same outfit, I don't want to post it again because I feel like you're watching the same concert. So that's the hardest thing.
Speaker 4: What's that short do you wear? I'm trying to get the clothes down.
Speaker 12: And you can come rave my closet if you want. He's trying to get me to get rid of a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: You're probably too jacked though, Like what do you wear?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 12: Every guy's jacked. Where's two sizes is too small for them? So I'm a smoth, I'm a smeeedy.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you can put that perfect.
Speaker 4: But then he's saying I'm not Jack, right, yeah, Like did you catch all of them? It was like yeah, Like it was like a halfway, like I'm your friend, you can have whatever you want. But also, since you're not Jack, you don't understand what jack people how they live their life. Yeah, I felt that.
Speaker 12: No, I feel like everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: What's your exercise routine?
Speaker 12: Now, I would do this app. It's literally if you just I feel like I should be getting paid for this app because I'd recommend it so much and everybody uses it. But you just type in workout and it's the very first app on there, and it's like one hundred and fifteen dollars forever, and it gives you your own personal trainer basically, and they just you do your body type, your weight, your height, age, and then it brings everything in and as long as you are accurate till your weight and how many reps you actually did when you put it into the app, it'll calculate that for your next workout.
Speaker 4: To it like AI is like any way too?
Speaker 5: I mean is it like, uh, yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: It's so you get to personalize what you have at your house, so you can do like if you have dumbbells, that's all you have, so it'll do a lot of body weights and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 12: And how vigilant are you? You work out five days a week four days? I used to be seven days until I had three kids.
Speaker 4: What ab I golf?
Speaker 12: You'll play golf on the road mostly I might get one one day and home.
Speaker 4: Did the kids? Have you on cereals? Maybe you didn't eat until you had kids.
Speaker 12: Kate has me on different cereals. She's making me eat completely different.
Speaker 4: Oh so now you're talking about healthy cereals.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I went from cinnamon Toa's crunch to I mean, I'm at cinnamon Toa's crunch, but it's like organic. I don't even know how they make organic cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 4: I don't think they do. You do they may?
Speaker 10: Really, It just means all the ingredients used to make air organic cinnamon, organic flower.
Speaker 4: That's not Cinemto's crunch. Then if there's anything natural that ain't cinnema toast crunch, I would say.
Speaker 12: My taste buds are changing though she's there, from all the different foods she's.
Speaker 4: Making me try in what way? Like you like olives?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: Like like coconut? I hate coconut. I hate bananas. But I'm actually the other day I didn't even realize what it was. I started eating it.
Speaker 8: And I was like, this is good.
Speaker 7: You didn't you eating a banana, no coconut.
Speaker 4: Oh, talk about musically because I feel like you, you know, stretch yourself in a lot of different ways and mean it's not even stretching because it is who you are. But people would be like, hey, he's a country artist, but you know you do the rock stuff. Get a little heavy on the album, you know with Marshmallow, definitely more of a dance vibe to it. What are like your internal rules on what you want to do or is it just simply if you like it right then.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to get I've been trying to do these weird things like have you seen me with sunglasses on recently? I don't ever wear sunglasses.
Speaker 4: I saw you, but you also wore sunglasses I think in the picture with you and your wife, like at the Awards show. Do you have them one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: This recent one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I never do that. I always thinking. I always think like wearing sunglasses inside is you know?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So for me, I'm doing it because I'm trying to get over this thing of carrying what other people think, because it's one of my biggest pet peeves and when it comes to music, that's just kind of it's honestly helped me with my music that I'm making now.
Speaker 4: So that is an exercise and not caring what people think. Therefore it allows you to not caure what people think in grander things. Yeah, like the kind of music you're making.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's experiential.
Speaker 6: You're the one.
Speaker 3: You're the one that thinks.
Speaker 5: It's not cool. Yeah, I thought it like pretty cool. I mean, honest with you, I never thought, well, no, I was going to say.
Speaker 12: I mean I felt like I look kind of cool. But at the same time, though, at the same time that that is one thing because whenever they tried to put me in glasses a long time ago, I was like, no, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I don't know. What's your favorite song to perform live that has been a big hit for you? It still feels good after all these years, I know.
Speaker 12: I feel like every song changes at different venues. If you go to West Coast or the South or you know, wherever, Heaven is always a good one. But then if you go to like La and stuff, they love like be like that. See, I'll just say it changes your favorite song. Though my favorite song probably would be bearing Me and Georgia.
Speaker 4: Hey you got a new song, Backseat Driver. How you feel when you cut a song like that?
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 12: I love every bit about it. I'm really excited for everybody to hear this song. But I'm really excited for everybody just to hear this album. It's my favorite album. I feel like, lyric wise, it's different than what anybody else is doing right now.
Speaker 4: And what do you mean? It's different, just like making up words.
Speaker 12: Not making up words, but trying to stay away from words that people are using. Whiskey, trying to yeah, stars, yeah, the cliche, Yeah, Miles on it until Mello all the time. I think I told y'all when I first heard it, I was like immediately just said no. Then you play it three times over and it's just like, Okay, it's catchy, it's in your head.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 12: So we just knew it was going to be big for us. So but for the album, like we have one about my granddad for anybody who's went through Alzheimer's or dementia. It's called I'm writing you this so when you forget, you can remember, Like I have a lot of those songs on the album. I'm really excited for people.
Speaker 4: To hear and the records out next year. Ye all right, let's talk about the tour. You just announced the High Road Tour. What are these venues going to be? You've done every basketball it's like all cricket.
Speaker 12: Centers, and I think this will probably be more hockey.
Speaker 4: Like are you serious? I was making a joke.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it'll be more just hockey.
Speaker 4: You love doing sports, rain Is that's awesome.
Speaker 12: I mean I love sports.
Speaker 4: Do you ever play hoky? You were playing hockey?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: No, ye either, No, I don't understand people hit the fuck that hard.
Speaker 4: Go check out Kane. It's one of the best shows. We have listeners that called him it, like where should we go? What George Straight or Kane Brown? That's the question that was like, yea to go see Kane. No, she had a kid. She had a kid with her, and I was like, I would go see Kane. Kane show was like big and active and it's a bunch of hits and fun. And when the kid gets to be like eighteen, then you take him to see George Strait because he knows the song.
Speaker 12: I don't know, though, you know, I mean I hope George Strait's how old was the kid like five. Yeah, he got a long way to go, George all right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm a fan, all right, Kane Brown and yeah, look for the new record at Kane Brown and you guys the ticket squand sall next week. Can't go to see Buddy, go to see you man.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, y'all heard Lunchbox geek out last week over Snooky's store opening in Nashville. Well, he got to get out again because she called him into the show. And it's super funny because Lunchbox now maybe on TV, I don't know. He also me get cut out of TV. That's what you're about to hear, particularly though this is where Lunchbox yells, so maybe turned down.
Speaker 3: The volume just a smitch.
Speaker 4: Number two, we don't want to bring on our super secret celebrity interview and and I want everybody to just take a breath because on the phone we have Snooky.
Speaker 5: What hello, taking breath?
Speaker 4: He didn't know? He didn't know.
Speaker 6: I can't, I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Snooky, thank you. I'm Bobby. Hold on Lunchbox, hold on, hold on, breathe bath this is crazy, okay, Okay, we have Snooky on Snooky, thank you so much for taking a few minutes to talk with us. We have a guy here that went to your ribbon cutting at your at your store.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I mean I can't forget him.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you do remember him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we all did.
Speaker 6: He's going to be like a big part of the episode.
Speaker 4: Okay, let her talk, Let her talk, let her talk. Snuoky, first of all, tell me what the Snooky Shop is. So I'm actually curious about the store you opened up.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so I had the Snookie Shop. It's my clothing boutique. I love clothes, I love passion, and I feel like like I had my own little style. So I've had my ownline store for like ten years now, and then I just started opening stores twenty nineteen. So, I mean, I always come in Nashville freaking love it. It's my favorite place to go, and I was like, why not just open like a fun like destination store here.
Speaker 2: So that's what I did.
Speaker 4: So you're coming out of the store to cut the big ribbon, and there's a lot of your fans there. I mean there are literally means, it's rose deep. When do you notice that there's an adult man that's a lot louder than the rest of the people.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's screaming over everybody. I was like, oh my god, what is happening? And then he like kept screaming, and I'm like, sir, like are you okay?
Speaker 4: And did you ever we all threatened, no, not threatened.
Speaker 6: But then it was starting to get annoying. But I didn't want to be like brat, but I'm like, oh my god, sir, please lunchbuck.
Speaker 4: Now, I wouldn't want you to yell. If I have questions for our place, ask them, but don't yell at her.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what to ask, Like I am so in shock, like snooky, what is up?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 6: You are a good time and you're crazy and I love it.
Speaker 4: Do you have any questions?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: She's a human being, I know, I know, but what do I ask her doing? Like I mean, I'm a massive fan.
Speaker 5: I've been watching her since the jump, like from the start, and I never thought i'd actually see her in person, and I saw a person now she's on the phone. I don't would say to her, like.
Speaker 4: What's your question about like her her career.
Speaker 5: Like snooky, like what is life like that? Like do you still enjoy filming the show or is it sort of like, Okay, I'll just do it because it's a job and it's cool. No.
Speaker 6: I definitely still love doing it. But it's definitely different now because back then, you know, we were in our twenties, we didn't have kids, we weren't married. So now I have three kids. I hate leaving them for more than two days. But when I do leave them, it's kind of like all right, like a little mommy break. So we have fun, we have wine, we enjoy ourselves. But it's definitely different to shoot the show now.
Speaker 5: Snooky, how often do you I mean, this is snooky guys from the Jersey He well, just gains you're just tuning in, Like how often do you talk to them outside of the show? Like, because I want to believe you guys are all super close and super friends and you and Diana are really like meat balls? Do you guys talk often outside of the show?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, we have a group chat. We literally talk every single day.
Speaker 5: And get out of.
Speaker 6: Get She doesn't want to be a I don't know, we say crazy thing in the group chat.
Speaker 5: I'm down, I'll say crazy.
Speaker 4: Would you like to say anything to her about your actions while you were there. Oh, Snooky, she wouldn't have been.
Speaker 7: So so that was so fun.
Speaker 5: Like I had a blast and I was not a threat at all. Is just pure excitement. I saw you through the door and I was just like like, I couldn't help it.
Speaker 6: Well, I remember security coming up to me. They were like, do you want him to leave? I'm like, no, he's excited, but tell him to shut up.
Speaker 4: Lunchbucks. You had two more questions with Snooky, so well you asked her one and I'll think of something. Okay, give me a second, Snooky. So obviously your mom and you're taping. What else are you doing that to you? Is fulfilling? Is it something at work or do you have any new passions that you're working on?
Speaker 6: We Yeah, I would say my stores. I literally love owning stores. And then I also have a wine brand called Messy Mama, which like I love because you know, I love my wine, So I love being able to like chase new wines, to come out with new wines and bottles and designs. Yeah, I would say wine is definitely my passion.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And what's crazy is the store in Nationale. You can't buy the wine in the store you got to order it online.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's everywhere. It sucks, but yeah, it's only available online. Definitely trying to get into stores because my bottles are so cute. They're like metallic Leopard. It looks so cute on the stands. But yeah, only online for now, and then hopefully we'll get into all the stores.
Speaker 4: Lunch Bucks.
Speaker 5: Two questions go snooky, how rich are you?
Speaker 6: Everyone thinks time I make like two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 7: It's not that.
Speaker 6: But I'm definitely I'm grateful for what I have because I work, you know, so hard with like filming the shows and in my stores, and like, I feel like I'm always doing something and it's really for my kids. I want to give them the best frickin' life ever. So I mean, I'm grateful, but I'm not a billionaire.
Speaker 5: And do you, like, in your normal life, do you have like when you're at home with your kids, do you have security outside with you at all times?
Speaker 6: No, I'm looking Kardashians, listen, Jersey is so normal here. I can go to the store, no one cares, Like I live a very normal life. You know, obviously I'll get stopped for like a picture or whatever. But it's not like la crazy paparazzi like stuff like.
Speaker 4: That now snooky.
Speaker 6: Thank you grateful for that because I couldn't live like that.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate you calling in.
Speaker 5: You have one more, You have one more, you know, like back in the day, like when you're going through casting, you know, because I still have dreams and aspirations of reality TV game shows. Do you have any advice for me to.
Speaker 6: Be like a star?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean just how like were you just like give me some advice, like what are they looking for? Because I want to be on reality TV or I want to be on game shows and I haven't got picked.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm surprised because you're like a big ball of fun and you're loud, and I feel like if you have that loud personality and you're outgoing and you like stand out in the crowd, you should get picked.
Speaker 4: So they're idiots, I grease.
Speaker 5: Looking, That's what I'm saying. Hey, if you guys ever need someone to go on family vacation with you guys, let me know.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine him?
Speaker 5: I am screaming, My wife and three kids are okay with it. I've already I've already cleared it with them. I mean being poly d beating that beat.
Speaker 12: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Come on now, let's go.
Speaker 7: We got it.
Speaker 4: We got to say Snooky. Thank you so much for the time. Thank you for How did you guys get snooky? How did you do that? Check out the Snooky shop. We'll also put the one brand up in the notes of the podcast.
Speaker 10: I like the name messy Mama or is it messy mom or messy Mama Snooky.
Speaker 6: It's like mama, so m A w m A because I'm.
Speaker 4: A have a great day, Snookie.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you all right, Snookie, It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, super exciting news.
Speaker 2: We won a CMA award and brothers Osborne called in to share the news with us, and that was fun because we joked with them about why they were calling in. But not only that, Eddie, Lunchbox or Mundo all had CMA accepted speeches prepared on the off chance we won or didn't win, and they had to share them regardless.
Speaker 3: Thankfully we did win.
Speaker 2: Shout out Country Music community and all are awesome listeners. But these acceptance speeches might get a little interesting, No, they did.
Speaker 3: They for sure did so.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure these will actually be used come to the day that we all go except the award, but they're funny for now.
Speaker 1: Number one, we.
Speaker 4: Were given this window that maybe somebody was gonna call us and say if we won the CMA Award. They ask every year, Hey, here's the window we might call and tell you you won. And then sometimes you just look out the window and nothing ever comes. Hey, Dad never comes back from going to get that milk, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: That's not that's not funny what sometimes he does.
Speaker 4: So we've been waiting, talked about it now on the phone. We're not gonna go to him quite yet. It does say and I don't know that that's what this is about, but there's a pretty good uh indicator that it's John Osborne, a brother's Osbourne.
Speaker 5: He's on the phone.
Speaker 4: So either he has a bone to pick with us about something right, a new song he wants to promote, he wants to hop in and talk about a segment I don't know, or maybe he wants to.
Speaker 7: Tell us that what is he the beard guy or the other guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's the beard He's the dar player. Hey John, John, hear us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hear everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, could you hear could you hear us talking about you before we came on with you?
Speaker 8: Could you hear us song about you? About you to?
Speaker 4: Who's there too?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're this is kind of awkward, but we're in we're in jail right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, that's why I call bail them out?
Speaker 8: Okay, well yeah, Lucy's with the kids. Can you help me out, man? It's just right down town, I mean just a couple of miles from there. I only need seventy five thousand dollars to be bailed out.
Speaker 4: After ten am, I'll be right there, buddy. Who's on the phone with you? Is John n TJ? Here?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Both of them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, TJ's here as well. In reality, we just wanted to call you to tell you congratulations, Bobby Bone Show. You were the CMA Broadcast Award winner for Daily National Personality of the Year. Yeah, yeah, that is BIRTI.
Speaker 4: Of all, thank you. That's really great. Now I'd like to ask John and TJ? Why do you think we're so awesome? Would you please lead us into why you think why you think we Well, these were our friends. We didn't know they were going to I didn't know they.
Speaker 8: Were gonna call because well, you've got first of all, you have like eighteen personalities on one show, so it's a lot of personality. You should definitely win.
Speaker 4: Well, that kind of sucks on an answer. That just means we hired a bunch of people. It means we're not even good.
Speaker 8: No honesty, you guys, you kill it and crush it every year, every time we're in there, every morning, we sing your praises.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: But it's amazing to be able to call you with some good news. I know a lot of times you guys are always taking your time to promote us, so it's nice to take some time to do something for you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you guys calling? Is this what the thing is that you guys are like super famous? You get to call and break the news to people who wont.
Speaker 8: But yeah, usually we're calling like, hey, can you please please please play our music request line?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we felt that, or they're doing it as not themselves. Hi, I'm Mike. Will you play Brothers Osbourne? Hey? Question?
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly. This feels like way less death spread.
Speaker 4: Last thing I'll ask you guys, so on the award, I think can you read from our show. Who gets a trophy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, it's you, Bobby, Amy Brown, Lunchbox, Eddie Ramundo, Abby Anderson, Kickoff, Kevin Scuba, Steve more than everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody. We're gonna they're gonna go bankrupt because all the trophies I gotta get for our show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We love you guys, Thank you, Yeah, thank you for sharing exactly. Brothers very well, Hey, do you want us to play one of your songs? We can do we can trade here, it's perfect. Okay, so you just asked for too much, say we can't do anything. Now, which one do you want us to play? Give us one of your songs?
Speaker 8: Come on, it's something fun.
Speaker 4: You don't care, well, then I guess we'll do something fun. All right, Brothers Osborne, good to talk to you, guys. See you soon, see bell you out at ten. You guys can do your thing now. We asked Eddie, Ray and Lunchbox have a little speech ready in case we were told we won the CMA, which we're super grateful.
Speaker 8: We are.
Speaker 4: It's our fourth.
Speaker 7: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: So it feels weird if I say anything, because what do you mean?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like I feel weird. Wh people are like, you did it. I'm like, I know, but I probably will never do it again, and I get sad. So that's why I don't like doing this. But Ray Mundo, you go with your speech.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, okay, dear academy on behalf of Doctor Bobby Bones and his hangar ons.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Amy's probably gonna break the award, Lunchbox is going to take it in traffic on his bike, and Bones is going to get us to autographic since he's addicted to memorabilia. Now, I would say, see you again next year. Let's be really, you're probably gonna give sympathy one to what is wrong with Thanks guys and god bless.
Speaker 10: Also, it came next year because it's only every other year that you can, right, So that's what I say.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we're gonna have to bleep that part because I don't want to deal with the day. Yes, you can leave it up. I mean, just bleep it. Just bleep it right now. If you ever see us out, you can ask about Rachel said, but I believe that. Okay, Eddie, Well, I mean that was hilarious. Well we just had to bleep, but not worth it. Go ahead, Eddie, let me get my glasses out, and now I was reading glasses. If it's not of his note, I.
Speaker 9: Wrote a little little thing here for you guys. Wow, I just want to say thank you to all our listeners. You know, without you guys, we'd be talking to ourselves every morning. So we really appreciate you guys. Thank you to country Music, Thank you to the CMA. We really had thought you guys had forgotten about us.
Speaker 7: So glad.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you guys didn't forget about it. But you know, we all really appreciate this beautiful award, but especially Amy because the last one she broke, and this one's going to mean a lot to her.
Speaker 4: So Amy, this one goes.
Speaker 13: Everybody.
Speaker 4: Good night, everybody, okay, and let's buce. You get to conclude us here with our speech.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Look, who's back back again? The champs are back. Tell a friend, should I feel bad for these other shows who are a bunch of chumps. Let's be real, I am more entertaining than them when I take a dump.
Speaker 4: Rhyming. First of all, he's rhyming poetry. Oh yeah, I didn't know he was rhyming, So I was just like, that's weird, but then it was a rhyme. But it's still kind of weird. But I I'm gonna leave it. I'm gonna leave it. Okay, I think you should start over. Ye please? Because I interrupted you go ahead.
Speaker 5: Look who's back back again? The champs are back. Tell a friend. Should I feel bad for these other shows who are a bunch of chumps? Let's be real, I am more entertaining than them. When I take a dump, feels good to be back on top. Must suck for these others to realize their show is a flop. Okay, now let's play a game with the other shows. It's called duck duck, duck. You suck.
Speaker 4: These other shows are good.
Speaker 5: We want it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, let him finish.
Speaker 5: Haters like to hate, but the cmas say, we are great. Bye bye, Time for me to go. Maybe next year your show won't blow. Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Is that to every show period?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 5: Did you did you improv some of that? No, it's written right here.
Speaker 4: I don't stand by that, neither the record.
Speaker 5: I don't what I mean improve it.
Speaker 4: That I don't show the other shows suck. I think we're very fortunate, we're very grateful. I just wanted you guys, I knew you'd do it in a different way, like which one do you like?
Speaker 7: Which one can we use?
Speaker 12: Eddie?
Speaker 4: Yours is only acceptable. You can't do the other. Check a slam shot that we're gonna beep. And then the Lunchbox didn't call anybody out specifically, we didn't talk about didn't talk about bathroom habits, right right, So I don't stand by lunchboxes and other than the beep, I do stand by rays and Eddie. That's fine, okay, whatever, all right, go.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: All Right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. Thanks for joining the Best Bits. Go check out Part one, Part three with Lunchbox if you need a little extra content serotonin this weekend, or you can check out my new podcast Take This Personally. I had an anxiety specialist on. He's a physician turned specialist in anxiety. His name is doctor Russell Kennedy. And then I brought on one of my good friends in the industry, Anya Hammer, and we talked about mental health struggles. So if any of that relates to you, go check out the episode and come follow me at wab girl Morgan on All the Things. You can also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. We got a lot of content up at bobbybones dot com and plenty of reels and things for you to watch on YouTube or Instagram, TikTok, whatever you prefer.
Speaker 3: That's it for now, see you next weekend.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: Bobby Bomb Show and follow at webgirl
Speaker 1: Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.