Speaker 1: There's a fresh movie called Fresh that came on in twenty twenty two. I know there's a recent movie like, but this one has Sam Jackson and gian Carlos Posito. Oh that sounds ninety four. Yeah, John Carlos Esposito plays his drug drug lord. Yeah, you know, wow, that's kind of a new look for him.
Speaker 2: I don't really picture him as a as a drug lord.
Speaker 1: That's weird. He's been a drug lords, not even in the general's been. He's been in a dread lord.
Speaker 2: Someone like man just stutters a little bit and adds at the end of something happen He's okay, Mario. Oh do you think it was just the the Italian ness of his name infected the rest of.
Speaker 1: Show? Why You? Why Are You?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 3: No Call?
Speaker 1: Why You Cry?
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and Welcome to season three forty episode wor Daily th Guysay production of iHeart Radio. The season finale.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, will we get renewed? Tune in next week to find out.
Speaker 2: Thrue hundred Simpsons ain't got shit on us. We're on season three hundred and forty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: If everything goes according to plan.
Speaker 1: And like like the Simpsons, we fell off after season.
Speaker 2: Age haven't been good since eat.
Speaker 1: Somehow we're staying on.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep abud America share consciousness. And it is Friday, May thirty, first, twenty twenty four. Get it in all this what?
Speaker 1: It's also a National Utah Day, National Smile Day, National Speaking Complete Sentences Day, National Macaroon Day, National Autonomous Vehicle p Yeah, sure, yeah, I'll believe I see it, National Savior Hearing Day. It's like reminding a when those decibels go up, take care of those ear drums. And also necrotizing FASHI dis Day Awareness Day. I don't want to hear about it. Anything that's necrotizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't sound promising.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's about like, you know, how bacteria can begin to get infected with bacteria and look, just don't worry about it that. I don't need to be talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, not this show. Well, it's June Eve is the important thing. We're almost through May, and you know, for the past one hundred and twenty or so months, I've been like, guys, this this next one. The problem was the previous month. This next one, everything's gonna start coming up the world. Okay, things are gonna start getting better. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka the Viscount double check in reference to how I've been mispronouncing Viscount my whole life when I read it in my head. That one's courtesy of Scouty. Also in reference to Jason Statham Dog airline movies, also from Scouty. We have aka the transpot her oh aka lock Stock and two Missing Balls, again courtesy of Scouty Magoo. On the discord, I forget why we were talking about Jason Statham in the context.
Speaker 1: You're talking about dark air and how like transporting a dog, how some people were dog transporters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that we were going to start like it isn't enough that there's this expensive airline to transport your dog. You have to like go on a said or someone hire someone to be your trans pot.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 1: It's Miles Gray aka.
Speaker 4: I put my hand up on your lymph. When not limph you lymph, we lift you. Put your hand up on my limph. When not limp you lymph, we limp you pop yours and a pop man, and we can feel my just getting six. I guys, okay, Carl.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not sure if I want to be popping my lymph notes with extreme pressure, but they are popping out sometimes you out show them, as Kendrick is about my lymph nodes.
Speaker 1: I thank you, Carl Lobo. Sounds like you're a car wolf car lobe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, damn look at that translation.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, you know, yeah, you know this is radio bi lingue obviously what we're pushing here, so obviously a bit consistent.
Speaker 2: Hey Miles, first of all, how are the lymphs?
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, this may be they're I think they're going down. Yeah, I think they're going down down a little bit. Yeah yeah, yeah there, I mean bad.
Speaker 2: News for good news for you, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah yeah, you know, well good news for me too. Yeah. But yeah, I mean because now you will look at me in the ice and.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, now I can make my contact instead of just like kind of staring at your lymph nodes. I know, I'm kind of absolutely wetting my lips.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't for the weather, I would have pulled up Steve jobstyle full black turtleneck, you know what. I mean I've been like, I can't, I can't, I can't, just I can't be leading with these lymph nodes anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then like they might be like popping out the top a little bit. I like that too, just like you know. Anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by an actor, host writer who you know from Best Week Ever and his podcast, Go Fact Yourself on the Maximum Fun Network. Please welcome Jay Keith van Strive. Hello, j Keith, Jake.
Speaker 3: All, nice to have you here, and thank you so much for acknowledging necrotizing fresch itis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, on this day.
Speaker 2: That that is why you are here to bring awareness to necrotizing.
Speaker 3: Yes, and by awareness I mean I'm first becoming aware of it right now. So good job, good job awareness.
Speaker 1: Shout out to anyone who has a friend that's a like an er doctor, er nurse person who's like, I just saw a fucking worship. Yeah that's how I always.
Speaker 2: I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I don't recommend it. Oh, don't recommend it. It is the flesh eating disease. Okay, that's where I've heard of it before. Necretizing necritizing the.
Speaker 3: Necronomical it's an acritizing part.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Different than plantar fasci itis, son, Yes, okay, any different.
Speaker 1: Like my limps? Why that neck grow? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You got fascion itis because that This is a weird inside joke where I was talking about how I'm really have a have a kink where I'm into miles of swollen lymph notes because he's coming down.
Speaker 1: With the sickness. I fought it off.
Speaker 2: I have a sickness for the sickness thing, like you want to do things to these lymphs.
Speaker 1: They just they don't.
Speaker 3: I don't yuck on your young.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that harassment training just went right out the window.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, they didn't say anything about having a sickness for the sickness thickness, So let's.
Speaker 1: Just say I'm down with his sickness. Okay, Jake.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're always fair, pretty well traveled person. Have you been been traveling of late?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Actually, my fiance and I just got back from Tricky, first time visiting there because there just wasn't enough there wasn't enough fascism scares in this country. So go on a preview. Yeah, Oh that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: See how my boy Erdowan is doing it? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Are there a lot of cats there? That's the one thing I always see in images of like I think, at least Istanbul, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, And actually I know you're I think you're gonna ask me later what I something I find underrated and believe it or not, that is what I was going to say, is underrated are the cats of Istanbul? Because I was I was told that there were going to be a lot of cats.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I was not prepared for a how many cats there were, like at least fifty a day, but also how incredibly well taken care of and how loved they are. And I'm a huge cat guy, so for me, I do judge a country based on like how many cats I encounter and how.
Speaker 1: Nice they are.
Speaker 3: But it is a completely different culture there in terms of how they take care of the cats. Like you'll see cats around, but they all look super healthy. They're all very well fed. You'll see people have built and leave these little houses for them, tons of food everywhere. They're super socialized, and it's really part it's just part of the culture to take care of these cats, and I think there's actually laws not only against harming the cats, but also laws to proactively take care of the cats.
Speaker 1: So it was really special.
Speaker 3: They were there were you know, you go into a restaurant and there's you know, a cat come up to you and expects to be fed, and you know, you don't have the waiter or the host shoeing them away, like that's just part of the culture.
Speaker 1: They're like, excuse me, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Like if there's a cat on the chair, like you're not putting your bag on there, you're not moving, they.
Speaker 1: Exactly bring your chair over. We went to our LD store. Country we went to.
Speaker 3: A lamp store and there was a mom with like four kittens and they're like, oh, that's so nice, like that you know that that that's your cat and the kittens. Like no, the cat just came in here and had the kittens, and now the cat and the kittens live here. It's just it's just part of it. So that that was awesome for me. So even though you had already heard how how many cats there were, still underrated, how fantastic the cats.
Speaker 1: In easta bull are man. Yeah. See, if I would go to Turkey is to get on my hairline completely restored. That's the one guy. See, there is a lot of things.
Speaker 3: That's funny that you say that, because I didn't realize that was the thing there. Also and yeah, you look around in Resurrection Lazarusville. Yeah, you get when you get on when you get on or off the planes, you know going there, or two you see every guy with the bandages and ship or do you see the guys who maybe it's too soon for the bandage or I don't know, I'm unfortunately not for not to need that. So uh but yeah, you see you can definitely tell. I mean you see all of the dots and all that. Yeah, and then you also see a lot of women, especially with tape over their noes, so I think it's also a big place for for nose jobs. But yeah, I had no idea it was sort of the hair plug mecca that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is truly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody is Turkey Turkey, So I mean, maybe this fascism thing is gonna work out. Maybe we just find hair everyone's cool.
Speaker 1: Everyone's cool to cats.
Speaker 2: Whereas here, I mean, I've I've heard rumors there no that's in America at all. From a five documentary I saw once.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's wild, Like I don't I don't know that I've been to a country where like there's just a cultural difference in like how animals are treated to that.
Speaker 3: Degree that yeah, And I hope it's other animals because you know, I did. You did see some dogs that were you know, unhoused. I suppose as well, and they seem they seemed taken.
Speaker 1: Care of as well.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how they are just loose, Yeah, just just loose, but not in pacts, which is also kind of interesting, which I think also just goes to how you know, it's just mellow, like you're just.
Speaker 2: Smoking a cigarette, having a couple of coffee.
Speaker 3: They didn't have a public bong. They had a dog bong, right, Sope. I hope it's for other animals as well. But literally, like there was one there was one time where there was a cat sitting on a table for sale, like outside of a grocery store, and this big burley guy came up and I thought, Okay, here it comes. He's gonna you know, kick him or swat him or something like that, and he picked him up and start cuddling them. Even the tough guys, even the tough guys.
Speaker 1: Love cuddling the cat.
Speaker 2: What a great feature to have like about your country, that is right, Like, yeah, we just like live with cats, like on their shoulders and in our hair. We're all cat people all the time. Yeah, that's awesome. I'm not particularly a cat person, but I admire that.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 2: All right, Jake Keith, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. I feel like we've already started the process. Yeah, first, a couple of things that we're going to be talking about. There's a big Slate Slate article from one of the producers of The Apprentice given a little behind the scenes of what it was like to work on the first season of The Apprentice. The big headline is that Trump a thing that I think we knew in our bones. But also I think there had been that. Yeah, he used the N word freely on set.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donald Trump, Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 1: But woke can't wait to hear this smear job exactly like that.
Speaker 2: That is indeed what they how they are swinging yet. But it's just uninteresting. I read the article this morning. It's an interesting look behind the scenes of you know what he was like at that point, and I'm starting to think he's not a great guy, and I don't I'm not gonna go firm on that just yet.
Speaker 1: But okay, wow, yeah, he's about charity with you. I gotta I got a little bit more in the bank before I fully crossed the bridge here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just you know, I gotta be patient with people.
Speaker 3: Let's give him a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's also what I'm saying about Samuel Alito. Would everybody just chill out? What the fuck I mean? He's allowed to do some weird shit with flags and anyways, we're gonna talk about that story. The fact that he had like a insurrectionist flag flying outside of his house the day after January sixth's like a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks after January his cover story, Why that doesn't exactly line up with the facts.
Speaker 2: And why Congress isn't doing shit about it. We're gonna look at that. There's another cult documentary. We're just gonna look at cult documentaries and cults in general.
Speaker 1: What what's the OBSESSI.
Speaker 2: Guys hopes, my god, you guys are so obsessed with So we'll talk about cults all of that, plenty more But first, Jakeith, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 3: Well, as I mentioned, I was recently in Turkey and one of the things that I picked up at the Grand Bazaar were a couple of these huge cleavers that had the symbol of Turkey, the crescent, the start in the middle. I thought, these will make fantastic gifts, and so obviously I'm going to put them in my checked baggage because I'm not a maniac. And it turns out, though, when you go into the Istanbul airport to come home, you actually have to go through security just to get into the airport. And I didn't want these two huge cleavers showing from the.
Speaker 2: X ray and yeah specific cleaver check, yeah, clear check.
Speaker 3: And so I wanted to tell the security folks that this was going to happen. And so I didn't end up in the famous Turkish prison. And so I searched on Google for the translation so I could tell them in Turkish. And so I have a screenshot of my saying I have a two big knives there for gifts, not for murder.
Speaker 1: Oh good good declared.
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to be very clear about it. My fiance. I did not appreciate that. I think she thought she did not. She did not have as much faith in Google Translate that it wasn't going to actually say I am here to murder people here it worked, No, did not get a laugh, very very somber, which I think was also concerning to her because I did mean it, mean it a little bit tongue in cheek, like you know, was being so, but like that was the message I was trying to convey, like I'm not here to do the yeah, personally good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I guess it's good that they think they took it seriously, and I think it was.
Speaker 2: A testament to your winning energy that you got away with that, because I feel like like you have me on the wrong day being like I'm not going to murder anyone with these, and they'd be like, like.
Speaker 1: This guy should take them to get.
Speaker 2: Them in a holding cell as fast as possible.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I didn't include the word today because.
Speaker 1: You did the good thing. You did the good thing of using Turkish to try and convey your sense. I probably would have spoken English. I'm like, I'm actually t s a cleave check. So I think they're like, what are you fucking talking about I never mind? So yeah, check yeah, cleaf check very nice.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So I think the fact all said that I did it beforehand as opposed to as opposed to after it had gone through, because I was just imagining that, you know, they get so freaked out if there's you know, a bottle of water or something. So I was very pleased with that. But then yeah, they did. They did take a note. The other had to call someone over and there was like a notebook I guess of like known weapons carriers or something, just I guess make sure that it goes goes through to the flight and not.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're on track of the craziest ship anyone's ever said, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I am now. I am now in the book of Life in the Temple Airport. Did you did you hit any Turkish?
Speaker 2: Uh? My brain is completing bathhouse Turkish. Yes, yeah, did you hit any We did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did one. And it was it was a really interesting experience, you know, for those who don't know. You go in and you you lae naked on this marble slab while someone scrubs and bathes you. Hell yeah yeah, And so it was it was kind of relaxing, but also you're so vulnerable in ways that that you're not expecting, like just the idea that you don't know, like when the splashes of water are coming, you don't like, you don't know. Yeah, I mean it wasn't mean, I'm not I'm not. I'm not comparing it to waterboarding, but I'm not. It's not one hundred per different. Just you know, just that anticipation and not knowing it and really being yeah, that out of control of someone cleaning your body like something that you know normally most people I think do themselves. And you know, you're in this very vulnerable position and this stranger is uh is getting up in there and they're very thorough.
Speaker 1: What do you like, lift your leg and stuff to like get your crevice.
Speaker 3: They do, they do it for you, like they lift, they lift and position and then then you you know, then at some point they have you sit up, and then at some point you stand up and yeah, you're just in their naked while they while someone. You know, you have to resist every urge to be like no, no, I got it from here, or yeah, you know, I'll clean my asshole that's okay. Yeah, I'm familiar I'm familiar with your education.
Speaker 1: I don't wish this on anyone. Actually, I'm a little weird. I clean my own asshole, just weird.
Speaker 3: So in some ways it was very luxurious. In some ways it was it was kind of stressful because you know, just the idea of your having you know, fingers and hands and sponges and pieces that you're not used to.
Speaker 2: It's like a hand washed car wash for your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had planned on, like on doing it multiple times because you know, we had heard about it, and you know, we're going to do it. And then after the after the one time, we were like, I think we get it. I think we're Yeah, that's good, We're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, that I'm a level of clean I didn't need exactly. But did you feel cleaner than you feel after you've cleaned yourself.
Speaker 3: Except for the hair, Yeah, because I don't think they they put all this foam on you, but it's not like they don't really like sort of wash your hair and condition. But yeah, but the rest of the body, I don't know if I felt more because there there are certain ways, like I guess technically they cleaned between your toes, but like I know the exact spot where I need to get between.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, I know where it builds up.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, no, it it definitely felt. It's really funny because I you do feel a little dirty, because like there's a there's a sense of being like even though there's consent obviously, there is a sense of being violated in kind of a way also, So it's definitely not relaxing.
Speaker 2: Kind of clean on the outside, dirty on the ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, there you go, which is my usualmo, so maybe I did.
Speaker 1: There's just about just about usual there. Americans have a tough time getting naked, you know what I mean, Like I like, like in Japan, like growing like in a public bath, like you just always just got butt naked with everybody, and it's just it was normal. And I remember going to like with American friends with the first I'm like, wait, dude, like everybody is get it like naked in here. I'm like, yeah, it's a fucking bath, dude. Yeah, what are you, Tobias blue here? Take your shorts off? Oh yeah, they get pissed. We did.
Speaker 3: I forget what that what's the term for those Japanese baths?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: We did one of those when we were in Japan a couple of years ago. And yeah, they get pissed if you if you come in with the towel on or anything like that. Come on, now, just let it all energy and shirt. Yeah yeah, or for fashion reasons, Yeah, they don't like the the Canadian tuxedo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't let anyone touch me except if they're cutting my hair. And even then it's I just put a ball along and they cut around the ball in.
Speaker 1: That And how many kids do you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's well, we're not going to get into the physics of that, Okay.
Speaker 1: Sir, it's don't worry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, all right, so we know that you think the cat culture is underrated and timbol, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with fancy water bottles. Also on this trip, I meant to bring. My previous water bottle was silicone and kind of got too moldy. So I was shopping for new ones and getting recommendations from from friends and they're these like, you know, fifty sixty eighty dollars water bottle. Yoh, yeah, there's acause because some people want them like super insulated and it's tapered and it's got some sort of design element to it. But even some of the cheaper ones, you know, there's still you know, twenty or thirty bucks.
Speaker 1: And and I.
Speaker 3: Actually ended up forgetting to bring the ones that I had that I tested, and so at Lax they don't sell plastic water bottles anymore, which is great. So I just got a bottle of in metal and h and those and it was you know, five or six bucks, and I made it through the whole trip, and I get to use it again, no mold. Yeah, and if I decide I don't want to, if I lose it, no big deal. I lost five or six bucks. And and it's completely recyclable. Also, so I think overrated. I do not see the advantage of you know, even a twenty dollars fancy water bottle compared to just getting a disposable, refillable regular water bottle, bottled water at the airport or something in a metal.
Speaker 2: Container like that, like a smart water.
Speaker 1: What do we do? What are we working with? There's a company that has like that cells like those metal bottles, I know, like, yeah, I think they did.
Speaker 3: They did have some brands that I had heard before, like those like those ones, but this one, this one like a little more sturdy.
Speaker 1: And it was great. There go, yeah that's a I was just like just traveling, the bringing a water bottle is so important because oh my god. Yeah, I only in the last maybe two years took seriously like how dehydrated you actually get on a plane and how much that affects your ability to like adjust with time change and things like that. So yeah, and plus so many airports now are have like full on refilling style station, so whatever kind of cup, like if you have a Nalgene or whatever, you just pop that shit open and fill it up.
Speaker 3: And this works right for that. But I hate that is when when you go through security and if you haven't consumed all your water and they don't have like a sink or a drain to put it in, and then you pound like yeah I got a pounded or you got to pour it into this like flimsy plastic bag. Yeah yeah, but yeah yeah on the plane. Like and now, also I don't know if they're all cutting expenses or just we were in on the in the cheap skate section, but you don't even get like a full bottler can of water when you when you ask for one anymore tiny little cup.
Speaker 1: I do the thing. I'm like, hey, man, can you top off my bottle? And they're like yeah, yeah, here right here, and they just dump like the two liter into my ship and I'm like, whoa, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's again a testament to your energy that it doesn't go well. You're like, and it's not to murder? Could you dump that whole thing into my ship? Man?
Speaker 1: Keep your voice down, sir? Why you scream in my wedding so much? Hey? Fill this ship up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I've got cleavers in my carry on, but yeah, and if they were, they're not for murder.
Speaker 1: What the lips do? Yeah, sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Once I give them as gifts, all bets are off, I don't know what my friends are gonna do with them.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and yeah, So Slate published this article that's like, like, it doesn't really it really takes itself seriously. So Bill Pruett is the producer from the Apprentice, and he has like a long thing about like a magician friend of mine told me the secret to illusion is this, And in many ways we were constructing an illusion around Trump and it's like all right, man, like you know that's not what people came came for, but you're you're getting your shots in while you can. And some people seem shocked by this, Like I was definitely not shocked by the parts where Trump is a shitty person. There's like good information on I guess the original plan for The Apprentice was to have a new and different billionaire every season, like because he he was from New York and the executive producer was from New York and like at the interview for the show there he was like, hey, like really excited to work on this, but like why did you choose Trump? Like that guy's like a con man, And he was like he's the only one who said yes, Like we asked, We asked Jeffrey Katzenberg, we asked David Geffen. They all said no, he had.
Speaker 1: But you have to be a billionaire. Oh I can't do it. I mean yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, thank you. So he Trump harassed female crew members and casually made misogynistic comments compared the woman he thought was pretty to his daughter, like not nothing new here. That's the highest compliment. I think, yeah, the highest.
Speaker 2: There's a beautiful woman behind that camera kind of looks like my daughter. That's all I want to look at what he said. He yeah, yeah, so he said, uh, the N word at a meeting where it was they were determining who would win between Quame. I remember the first season of the Apprentice, and it was between Quame and like the guy who ended up winning, like Bill, I think, and.
Speaker 1: Name the guy who wrote the article. Either's some.
Speaker 2: Fucking some Bill or something. And like Trump literally he said, like, but I mean, would America buy a N word?
Speaker 1: Winning?
Speaker 2: And like in a meeting on tape because they have to tape his deliberation of who wins a game show because of like the ship from like Quiz Show you by Jerretol Yeah exactly, So like you can't be putting undue pressure based on like who you think is going to like be more popular, Like you have to get a record of everything so that it seems like this was based on merit, and of course Trump is like violating that on tape, but also like and then like visibly throughout the process was just like against Quame using the logic that we saw from the Sony email hack from like producer like I love I love Denzel people other people not me are racist and therefore but he yeah, like it was he said that and then just really pushed against Quame winning even though like the people who were advising him were like, no, he definitely.
Speaker 1: Deserves the most. He's clearly the winner.
Speaker 3: And just to be clear, for the game show element of it, that was what was supposed to happen. They were supposed to decide who wins. It's not it wasn't they were fixing it for who was gonna win. It like it wasn't like someone someone someone earned more points. But they are trying to go against it. They're trying to conspire against him or anything.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like.
Speaker 2: Trump was supposed to determine based on what he thought. But the thing that I'm saying is like counter to the FCC thing is that it seems like he was saying doing it based on how much America would appreciate who won.
Speaker 3: Which is not actually that he wanted to.
Speaker 2: The exact thing that quiz show. Yeah, exactly, the quiz show did, right. They were like, we like this handsome like professor more than we like John Turturo's character, So we're gonna like go with him and like feed him the answers.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was the I mean the last great Rob Morrow picture.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of, just like other I'm this happens though, Like I've worked on reality shows where they kind of tip the scales to picture someone. I guess it's different when it's supposed to be something like who has more knowledge in this very like straightforward question and answer thing than like who's you know who can handle working in a kitchen or some shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's yeah, I mean it's blatantly corrupt, but I guess nobody is trying to like push that angle very much, and the producer still is like, yeah, they were both really deserving, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I remember during the campaign there were there were all these rumors. Was it what I think Tom Arnold was threatening to release he was trying to find Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so this is news now because he said, because we've got a producer corroborating it.
Speaker 1: We have the producer corroborating lapsed.
Speaker 2: He yeah, he signed an NDA at the production of this and it was a twenty year NDA, and so it.
Speaker 1: Just brave, brave, brave, Yeah, so brave to come out with such groundbreaking information, which it's it like sucks though to hear that, like this guy is a misogynistic, racist, fucking monster, and it's just like yeah, I know, right, I know, but I don't need more anecdotal evidence about it, Like there's plenty just on the face of this person that indicates all of this. Do you think the.
Speaker 3: Tape would make a difference though, if people actually heard him saying the N word. Now it feels like, yeah, it feels like we already assumed that he does I mean life anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean we saw what the Hollywood the Access Hollywood tape did, like yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Just helped him he again could truly shoot someone in broad daylight, and it I mean, aside from maybe like the legal fallout, like there's nothing at this point that is gonna like reveal something about his character that people are gonna be like, well, now that's a bridge too far for me as a MAGA person, Like you know, even with the conviction like hit the people, who are you know, saying I'm going to vote for Trump. They said, if he gets convicted, I'll vote fucking harder for him. Yeah, basically, so it's nothing, nothing matters. Man, I vote so hard. When I do vote, I'm so fucking hard. Put a headband on. What do you do? Just take a bunch of uppers and start sweating and screaming at the polling place. This vote super fucking hard. I don't even know what that looks like.
Speaker 2: Let's go after every ballot cast. Oh yeah, rop three, let's go, let's go on that one, and let's go democracy. The producer also says the tapes will never be found, not as like, not as in a villain as in like.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't.
Speaker 2: He thinks they probably buried them in a capsule or which is stupid of NBC. This is not a company that is doing that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: You have the president like a great piece of compromat on who might probably will be the next president. Like I would have hung onto that ship and been like, you're the shoal network for communication.
Speaker 1: Enabling racists on television. That's us weird, but it sounds mysterious. He doesn't say they've been deleted like, he implies that they still exist. They'll just that they exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think they might someday maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean there's what I mean, what I know people that work in post I've seen like when weird shit happens, people take fucking cheeky videos off their monitors.
Speaker 7: And they're like, yo, look at this audition of this celebrity, or like yo, look at this fool pulled up so drunk to this shoot today, Like these are I have to work with this shit to try and make this person seem like they haven't completely you know, lost their shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I mean, it's again like it just doesn't That's that's what's just so frustrating. We're like, in terms of how it will influence the election, it's meaningless, you know, it's it's absolutely meaningless. And then someone being like, well, now the NBA has laughed. It's like, I don't know, make that maybe it would have helped in twenty fifteen, twenty.
Speaker 3: Sixty, right, right, what what was the penalty for the NBA that it was so worth keeping quiet to, you know, risk democracy.
Speaker 1: It's probably so fucked up that it's like I don't even want to fucking test this thing. But you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean just like not having money for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we needed some billionaire to be like, oh, will protect you from your NDAs, like go go forth, But no, it's nothing's gonna happen. And even if he's a convicted felon, it's nothing's gonna.
Speaker 2: Have it's Yeah, and hopefully this doesn't like cause the Democrats to go on another secret tapes that will solve all our problems on journey side quest. Yeah, has distracted them in the past. Well, I don't want to do any work on my side. What if we looked for a tape that would make him sad? Hard work, hard work, hard work. There is an allegation in this article that's pretty fucked up that he worked with an architect and didn't pay him as much.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he said he was going.
Speaker 2: To Donald now Donald Jay Trump.
Speaker 1: Why isn't that the fucking headline? Trump? Uh skips out on paying people Now.
Speaker 2: It is really sad though, like they got there's just so many people who he's like fucked over, just like this guy's like, yeah, I did like some of my best work in the history of my career on this building. Yeah, and then he like wouldn't pay me. So it's like hurts my heart every time I look at this great thing that I've created, because and then now the guy's the fucking first American dictator.
Speaker 1: I mean, why isn't there like a Danny McGrath to his Billy Madison, you know what I mean, the Steve Buscemi character who's like, fucking Trump fucked me over, and now I'm listening to Electric Light Orchestra every night in my basement, like putting on lipstick when the drop hits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is weird how many of them just accept it. I mean, I understand if you're just a carpenter or something, but like if you're an artist, like you got some you should be able to get a lawyer or have some juice or try to enforce that contract.
Speaker 2: He's exhausting, I think, is the answer. Like I was at ABC News at a time when they were trying to do a story on him and just be making the point back in like two thousand and four, I guess it was like thereabouts that he's not that rich, like he's not a billionairely he claims those I think around when The Apprentice was hitting and he was. He himself was personally calling ABC's legal department like twenty times a day, just like NonStop, like just he'll ruin your life, like that is the implicit threat in any.
Speaker 3: And of course that's what we've seen. Even if you get a judgment against him, good luck collecting right, right, And it's.
Speaker 1: Just one of those things like the wealthy do like when they know they're like, I'll just outlast you in court, like go ahead and assume, man, I'll do you have enough time to keep lawyers on. I do, and I don't give a fuck. Go ahead, And then people just lose the will to do it all right.
Speaker 2: Another bastion of the conservative world, Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito. Sammy, I would say he's in like some hot water. Not really, he's just like getting some attention and being like, what the fuck are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, no Supreme Court justice is truly ever in hot water unless they're in a hot tub with Harlan Crowe looking at Nazi nick knacks and when'd you get that? But yeah, I mean that's a slat bracelet that the fur had. The I don't know if you know the dude he invented fidget spinners because you know, he was tweaking. My man was tweaking, so he needed something to keep his hands. He couldn't keep taking apart transistor radios all night. But after many congressional leaders were calling for Alito to recuse himself from cases dealing with, you know, stop the steal January sixth Trump coup attempts, et cetera, he basically responding with, fuck off, because I don't know if we ever talked about it, because the Supreme Courts is such a fucking circus it just hurts my brain to mentioned. But yeah, he was flying fucking insurrectionist flags at his homes, like the upside American flag, upside down American flag. And then there's another one that's called appeal to Heaven. And I don't I'll spare everybody from the semiotics lecture here, but the appeal to heaven one is another one that Christian nationalists used to basically say, like, when you're back to the wall and the laws of man are no longer applied to you, you can take any means to you know, be righteous, even if that means violence. So you can only now just appeal to Heaven to do whatever the fuck you're gonna do. And that's like a big fucking mantra for for these fucking goons.
Speaker 2: So it's a banana appeal. By the way, the appeal to Heaven flag is apeal.
Speaker 1: It's actually a shitty Christmas It's just a.
Speaker 2: Christmas tree and the words unappealed to Heaven above it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so cool. But anyway, the essentially these are the kinds of things that you would see at someone's house that has completely lost their damn mind, thinking that the election was stolen and that people need to take it back.
Speaker 3: And Fox News is too liberal and.
Speaker 1: Will yeah, exactly because they're too chicken shit to fucking you know, their nerves, to to really to really get people all in on it. So he's basically saying that he can't be held responsible for the fact that his wife is such a flag loving goofball. He wrote this letter to his critics. She just loves flag, the flag loving goofball.
Speaker 2: Mainly, how she communicates to me.
Speaker 3: Is she puts the right side up, she puts them up.
Speaker 1: She's goofy with it, you know what I mean. Sometimes she puts a kkk one I don't know what that means, but he said, I quote, I had nothing whatsoever to do with the flag, the flying of that flag. I was not even aware of the upside down flag until it was called to my attention. As soon as I saw it, I asked my wife to take it down, but for several days she refused. See us that woman, he goes on. Yeah, she communicated that my wife and I own our Virginia home jointly. She therefore has the legal right to use the property as she sees, and there were no additional steps that I could have taken to have the flag taken down. More.
Speaker 2: This is here that I feel like, this is somebody who, like because he's Supreme Court justice, like has is just used to being able to be like I legally have the right, and everyone's like, well he must know what he's talking about, and just like backing down, She's like, she owns the house me, therefore, she legally has the rights. Like what am I supposed to do subvert the law? I mean, she has legal rights like the ones I fucking erase at my job every day.
Speaker 1: Come off. Isn't anything fucking sacred?
Speaker 3: Imagine someone coming before him in a case and giving this argument, yeah, being accused of a crime and saying, oh, no, my wife did it, Like, even though we jointly owned the home.
Speaker 1: It's my wife's legal right to be serving cocaine out of the house. My wife buried the body in the backyard. She owns that half of the backyard. What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: She refused?
Speaker 1: She fucking refused. She refused, you know, and she's like, what am I What do you want me to do? Interfere with a woman's right to choose? How she supports the subversion of democracy? Like, what the fuck is this? Then he goes on, well, my wife's reasons for flying the flag are not relevant for present purposes. But I note that she was greatly distressed at the time due to, in large part to a very nasty neighborhood dispute in which I had no involvement. A house on the street displayed aside attacking her personally, and the man who was living in the house at the time trailed her all the way down the street and berated her in my presence, using foul language, including what I regard as the vilest epithet that can be addressed to a woman.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love the precedent of the people versus he started it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is kind of where we need to kind of catch ourselves up on this flag scandal, because Alito claims that the reason this flag went up in the first place is because one of their neighbors called his wife a kunt, which is what he allects. This is what happened. A lot of reporting has been done on this bit, and pretty much everything Alito is claiming here is a lie. Like the flag went up after January sixth, the neighbor didn't call his wife seaworthy until February fifteenth, twenty twenty one. The idea that this was a response to that is absolute bullshit. Wow. He also in the thing said someone had like a thing that said bye bye Dawn on their on their front lawn, you know, to be like, you know, sorry Trump, you lost the election. The thing that actually happened was Alito and his wife they pulled up on this woman and started started shit, yes, and then the woman clapped back and said all right, cunt, And then he was like, ah, she like I think his wife hit the floor. It's like you hit me or something. Anyway. Yeah, so that's like what was happening, and then he even said earlier he was like, you know, I think it was offensive because there's there's some other you know, anti Trump sign that I think had like foul language on it. He's like, there's kids at the bus stop that can see that stuff. It was January of twenty twenty one. There there were still COVID lockdowns, and apparently in that area there were there were no one was getting on a fucking school bus anyway, So miss us with that shit too. And also, how do we even know that it was truly all his wife's fault, Like he's trying to say right now, you know what I mean, Like that's it's just all fucking wacky right now.
Speaker 2: It's so wild to claim like he was living there at the time, Like his claim is not like I didn't even know any of this stuff was going on. I was like, at my no, he was living there seeing the flag and what just like didn't ask about it. He was just like, oh yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we know who wears the flag in that relationship.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I know.
Speaker 2: Like he also that like the person used that word against his wife and he just like didn't do shit.
Speaker 1: Well and it's classic bullshit though too to be like to be this is like, you know, this is like privileged white people. Shit is like they pull up on people, get in their face. Someone claps back, and they're.
Speaker 6: Like, oh ah.
Speaker 1: I'm dead. I die from that. You know. It's like get the fuck out of here with this. So now r at a point where like, okay, so what the fuck are we doing? We have Supreme Court justices who are absolute political fucking creatures, their goons, and they're just using their position on the highest court to bring about the absolute fun like reversal of all progress in this country. So Senator Dick Durbin, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, he asked Chief Justice John Roberts. Roberts like, is there like anything you guys can do to like enforce rules like for yourselves, like can you be your own warden? Maybe basically like when the Colombian government asked Pablo Escobard like make his jail like his own house, and like does that work? Does that work for you? I guess? Is that? Okay? And so you know, Dick Durbin is so fucking brave for not doing anything, and you know, it reminds you like when we had Rhiann and Hammaman from the five to four podcasts, she said, one of the biggest obstacles to getting anything done in terms of reeling in these justices is the fact that Congress wants no smoke. Ever, No, they just don't have the will to come at the courts. So in this example, it seems like the Democrats are also a threat to our democracy because of their unwillingness to make shit bags like Alito and Thomas uncomfortable. Because that's really the story. Like I know we're talking about like the flag and like what that makes a leado look like. But the bigger issue that we've always been talking about the Supreme Court is that there are no fucking checks and balances on them right at all, and they are free to do whatever they want, flaunt ethics in our faces and play dumb when they're like, I don't know this wealthy guy like paid for my mom's house, Like and actually I don't know, man, Like what do you want me to do? My wife was involved in January sixth and I don't. I don't think I should recuse And what are you gonna fucking do if I don't?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so me to do make it illegal for my friends to do cool shit for me? Come on right, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this, I mean, I think this is just we have to really the pressure should be coming from these like the Senate Judiciary Committee and Democrats to be like, I don't know, fucking investigation, how about that, Oh you don't want to do Like again, there's just so much fear of like, oh, we're not trying to be partisan or whatever. That That's how this is exactly how you slip into this kind of fascist stick bullshit because the people who are supposed to do something are like I don't want to like look like like I'm against them and I'll just let the whole fucking thing collapse. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is that because they think they're going to have business before the court, or they don't want them to rule against anything of their interest, or they're just pussies in general?
Speaker 1: Just Jen it's all of that, you know, like they understand the power that the Supreme Court has there there's clearly times when you need a ruling just for the fate of the nation, and I think they just don't want to also be looked at as people who are because there's like this you know, supposed veneer of impartiality to the Supreme Court that they don't want to pierce that veil. But like it's we're fucking, the masks are availing, they're fucking on the ground and they're laughing at you. So I don't understand at this point, like it's absolutely the duty of these elected officials to do something about this, because this is again, it's only going to get worse. You already have all these like weird conflicts of interests that have not been fully you know, sought out, like how did like where did Brett Kavanaugh's debt? Like where did who paid his debts? There's just so many weird things that again just don't get looked at, don't get talked about.
Speaker 3: And of course, if it were reversed, if you know, Sonya Sotomayor or something had not that I'm comparing Black Lives Matter to you know, the heaven. But you know, if she had something even as innocuous as a Black Lives Matter flag, imagine the uproar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's where that that's why we're like, you know, like well we go high. Bullshit just ends up. They're like, I don't know, I think you're getting high on your own bullshit at this point because it's not fucking helping anybody, like when there's real things like filibuster reform, there's other things they can fucking do to like begin this process. But there's that they're too busy pretending, like you know, but Donald Trump said the end word, right.
Speaker 2: Like the approval the public approval of the Supreme Court is at it's I think all time low. So like that, I know that traditionally people like the Supreme Court has a fairly high approval rating compared to the other branches, and basically every number is high compared to Congress's approval rating. So I'm sure there's like something baked into the DNA of like Congress where they're just like, we don't fuck with the Supreme Court, like that's a fight, we don't want to pick or whatever.
Speaker 1: But they could, right, I mean with it.
Speaker 3: They could pass laws that give some sort of regulation or would you get struck down?
Speaker 2: And people want that, yeah, people, I mean we fucking need it right now. Yeah, But I feel like maybe they're just like coasting off the inertia of like, well, we don't want to fuck with them, now.
Speaker 1: Do we where would they get the idea that laws don't apply to them, or just like get testimony from them, like put them on fucking wax, you know what I mean. They have the power to do that, they just fucking won't. They just won't.
Speaker 2: Exactly, all right, Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about cults.
Speaker 1: And we're back and talking about the Colts.
Speaker 2: The Colts, Yeah, the Colts, the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and James Man, they just got like a pretty solid squad.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to be a mix for like maybe a low playoff spot this year the stadium.
Speaker 1: And Jonathan Taylor's looking great? Man, Yeah, is he still there? I don't know, just the same cults, but I guess I can come around to this.
Speaker 2: So there's a new cult documentary, Dancing for the Devil, the seven M TikTok Cult, which is about a talent management company called seven M Films that was run by a pastor. Oh boy, run by a pastor and I'm you.
Speaker 1: Know, and TikTok famous for adults over forty getting into the dance trends too. Right, it seems above board? What's what's the problem, And so people would sign with his agency and start like severing ties with their families and classic cult shit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, just classic cult shit.
Speaker 2: Like so it's like, you know, very standard cult tropes, where like you have families being like, we just want our daughter back, like she won't respond to us, and it seems like and then of course there's like really good video because the whole thing is taking place on TikTok, right, but I have not watched it, but it seems like it's going to be the next big cult documentary hit, like Wild Wild Country, the Nexium documentaries. There's yeah, a couple of QAnon ones. There's like there's a couple of naxianm ones.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, there's so many Nexian ones.
Speaker 2: It just raises the question of, like why are people obsessed with cult documentaries right now? You know, obviously they're just like juicy stories with like sex, murder, drama. A lot of the questionable fashion choices are kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's because I'm wearing all red, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's also like scam stuff, so it like brings together a lot of the things that we're obsessed with. I also think it ties to something we've talked about about, like the way that groups of like fans kind of organize themselves into like swifties and Star Wars fans and all these fan groups like create these devotional like identities for themselves, like in a way that feels like it almost feels like Trump's followers like have this characteristic about them. It feels like America can't stop watching things about colts like turning themselves into cults, you know, like joining things that resemble cults. Like it just it feels like it's cults all the way down because of you know, we've speculated the past, like the Taylor Swift fandom is next level, is rising this level at a time when America is losing its faith in like traditional religions, right, and so you're seeing this need for some sort of spiritual broad meaning and belonging and shared like deep, huge, like big picture values that you can share and communicate around. So I feel like that's probably mixed in there as well.
Speaker 3: I think also young, you know, we're so isolated right now, and you know, maybe more than ever, and the idea to belong to something and to see that someone has something in common with you, I think is very appealing. I think watching as far as watching the cult documentaries, I think what's interesting to me is just how fragile the human mind is. That you know, how little coercion it takes, or how you know, or how how these people are gradually groomed and you know can be controlled in a way that you can't help but wonder, you know, sort of like playing along with the game show, like what I could I've resisted that. And then it's also fascinating because they keep if there's so many of these documentaries they talk about how you know this this cult leader are so charismatic and so sexually appealing to these people, and like if you're not in the cult, you do not see Yeah, you're like wait, yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like when you look at this period in history, like at a distance, it's it'll feel a little bit like like when you look at the Great Awakening and you're like, wait, another group of like offshoots of Christianity that like had the same idea that like Jesus was coming back within the next fifteen years and that like everybody needs to renounce all their worldly belongings like that the same shit just like kept happening over and over.
Speaker 8: It can't say, you know, the first meeting is all about you know, love and community and you know, being your true self and you know, oh, by the way, now once you've cut off your family, now we're going to tell you the real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you don't find out about Zeno and scientology until like, you know, dozens of levels in Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, the the word cult is actually fairly recent, Like it didn't come into popular use until the sixties, and it didn't like really even get a negative connotation until like the sixties and seventies with like Manson and Jonestow. Before that, it was just more like, yeah, that band has a cult following of a meaning.
Speaker 3: I think another part of the appeal though, is the US versus them aspect, because a lot of what these cults do also is saying like, you know, we know the real truth and everyone else doesn't. And I think there's an appeal to that to people's ego that you know, I'm smarter than everybody else, or you know, I'm going to show them. And almost all the cults that from the documentaries that I seen have that element of you know, the like these other people are sleep and we're awake or or yeah, we know the real truth, which is super dangerous. And you know, a lot of religions are also kind of founded on that same thing of the one true way, the one true God right, and there's something you know, if there's something in people that want to be on the right side, and that that that gets those people in. I think that's also interesting to watch because it makes you question, you know, what sides have I taken that maybe I haven't realized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I also think it's a mentally psychologically difficult time to be like coming online, you know, for young.
Speaker 1: People in particular.
Speaker 2: Like one of the points in one of these articles that someone makes is like the idea of a cult can actually be seen as stabilizing for young people in a world that feels like it presents like so many options for like who to be, Oh my god, kindly almost always feel like you're choosing wrong or so.
Speaker 3: And also how nice is it to relinquish control of having to decide all of these things? Yeah, to know that every you know, so maybe given the structure here's here's here's when you here's when you go to sleep, here's when you here's when you wake up, Here's what you eat, Here's who your friends are, here's you know, here's who you have to have sex with. You know, there's a part of it that I can understand as being you know, very appealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you have those big questions of like meaning and spirituality that just aren't coming up in the rest of our lives as much as it used to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they offer people. It's like no one's talking about this man. Everyone's so into their bullshit that we're not talking about love, man, and the power of that. Did you see Mother Love? Did you see that documentary on Oh My God's another fucking wild one about this woman who's or Mother God, that's what it's called. That she believed she was God and like everyone was like yes, And then she was like doing so much colloidal silver for like her health, Like she's like kind of slow, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: That she ended up like actually silver yeah.
Speaker 1: Blue, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's and but then there's all these layers of like scams though in between, where like people were obviously able to take advantage of like this perception of her, and like there's like you know, x cons there's all kinds of stuff wrapped up in it, but like you, but all the initial appeal is for these people who had a deep sense of being like there's not a like like love was missing from their life. So this woman who's like one message is like we just need to get as much love out there as possible, like starts off being like, yes, great, I believe this, and it's easier for me to put all of my eggs in this basket belief seed them all to whatever you're saying, because at least the overarching message from you is love is the main thing. And then it turns out to be like I'm wheeling around a woman who's turned blue through an econdo lodge lobby, acting like everything's all good while people stare.
Speaker 2: And didn't she like die and her followers like kept her body like mama fide or something like that. Yeah for a while, Yeah I know that from a last podcast on the left.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think this is a crossover with with conspiracy theorists as well, though, because you know, it's hard to accept it that a lot of life is random and confusing, and you know it doesn't make sense and people don't do things for the right reasons all the time, and so there's something very comforting about this idea that like, oh no, there's an explanation for everything. Yeah, and it's this like it's a lot it's a lot more comforting to believe that people consciously made these choices together, they conspired to have this thing happen, because that's more comforting than the idea that that there that there's chaos out there. And I think that a lot of these cults kind of appeal to that kind of thinking as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also too, is that for you know, some people, we obviously desire like a certain amount of control over our lives. So like to your point, like conspiracy theories offer that because I'm not out of control. If I understand what the forces are that are working that were confounding me before or in occult, you have the ability to control your destiny based on this belief system. If I adhere to these then this is the outcome, and now I can engage with something that makes it easier for me to to exercise some kind of control. So yeah, it's they got a lot to offer people. They got a lot people they'll keep coming.
Speaker 2: And that's what the segment was about. We just wanted to let people know they're these cults out there. They will make you happier.
Speaker 1: So just check them out, check them out, check a local cult out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just come to our first meeting. It's free, it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's free.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get to hold these electric cans and we tell you that you'll be an actor.
Speaker 2: It is wild that we say, like, you know, fandoms that are small and loyal are cult followings, but then like Taylor Swift's followers are not called a cult following or you know like that or like yeah it.
Speaker 1: Is now for sure, but everything is like everything has that, you know, like it's it's sports, it's music, it's fucking move it's whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's yeah, people want to be in tribes. I think there's something that the natural about that. Just got to find one that doesn't make your tribe give you all your money.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah, yeah, I don't know that there's some cool stuff that you can actually learn from these people who they haven't asked me for that much money yet at the Scientology Center, so I think it'll like I'm just waiting to see like they because I haven't read everything yet. I get to like, once I save up enough to buy the next book then and I hate to find out.
Speaker 1: I hate to, you know, pull the curtain back on this show. But y'all, every Sunday night, I have to convince Jack that the show is worth doing rather than going off to fuck off to Scientology World. It's really it's kind of exhausting. I need something interesting answers out there, folks. I'm just saying I can.
Speaker 2: I can. If I am driving on the highway and I see someone broken down on the side of the highway and they're good, I know I have to stop because I can save them.
Speaker 3: Oh is that because of your medical training, because.
Speaker 2: Of the energy the positive energy that I have zeroed in on by not having to do any of the tasks.
Speaker 3: Stop jumping up and down on that couch. It's yeah, you're gonna hurt this one.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, there's an amazing amount of energy. You say, when there is a literal army of slaves at your disposal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like to call the volunteers. Yeah, yeah, volunteers.
Speaker 2: They're called the sea Org. Okay, they are an orgy, their organ How long is that contract? By the way, they sign that contract willingly. Okay, it's for how many time?
Speaker 3: A billion years, eight billion year contract?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, A millennia time.
Speaker 3: Alone, that's how long those NDAs on the apprentic should have been.
Speaker 1: But exactly they fucked up. Till the sun blows up. That's how I like to do.
Speaker 2: Can we do till the sun blows up?
Speaker 1: On this?
Speaker 2: Jay Keith, what a pleasure having you. Thanks so much, People find you, follow you, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Check out my podcast. It is called go fact Yourself. You can get information on it at go factorpod dot com or wherever you get podcasts if you're going to be in the LA area. We have a whole bunch of shows coming up with our friends at Last at the Crawford Family Form, including on Saturday June eighth with our guest Lisa Ann Walter and Trevelle Anderson, and a whole bunch of other great celebrities coming up throughout the summer.
Speaker 2: Amazing And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? I.
Speaker 3: For some reason have been presented by the YouTube algoruth, by the YouTube algorithm the SNL sketch from I think about ten years ago called Danielle a free European Woman. It is a parody of the Cinemax late night kind of Emmanuel Tite. It scratches an itch in my brain that I did not know I had had since I was a teenage boy. So check that out on YouTube, Danielle a Free European Woman. I watched it about twenty five times in the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Miles where people find you is their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me on Twitter, Instagram and the like at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 9: Look if you like basketball, check Jack and I out on Miles and jackot mad Boosti's the NBA podcast or we, I mean collectively sigh at the Celtics Henchel eighteenth Championship.
Speaker 1: But we try and make it work. We try and make it work. And then also find me talking nine Day Fiance and four Tony Day Fiance and also the latest episode of My Mama Told Me with Langston Kerman and David Borie talking about what was it? Yes, Rainbow Parties. Yes, a tweet that I like is from at noo to Obama was like blown up last week. It is so funny, it said, having a nine to five and being nearly thirty means the only things I do for fun on the weekend or give myself diarrhea or geests so high I pass out for fourteen hours, which is amazing. And someone replied, or you could, or you know, have kids, And then they replied, I don't have any room in my schedule for kids because I have to get high or get diarrhea all the time.
Speaker 2: Sorry, did you not read the first one?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did you. Yeah, That's that's all I have fucking time for.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore ol Brian uh tweet, I've been enjoying. Tyler at Balloon Flavor tweeted a screencap of the CNN homepage or a page on CNN that has status of Trump's first criminal trial. Jury deliberation is number ten and it says we are here eleven verdict, twelve sentencing if guilty, verdict and then underneath jury has been deliberating for two hours forty one minutes, and Tyler tweeted love that CNN has adopted the Domino's Pizza tracker format for trial updates, and then at Fart tweeted, white people love to watch Prestige TV. Then post I am shook it.
Speaker 1: It's true. We do it.
Speaker 2: We do if we do if we are shook itth You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily's Zeiitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeuys dot com where we post our episodes in our footnotes off the information we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think.
Speaker 1: You might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: This song? I think you'll enjoy. Look, it's just we're getting into the weekend. It's aptly titled nineteen sixty eight. No parallels here, but and it's by this artist who's our belief La based name Gyris Mosey j A I r U S m o z e E. And it's like this guy's just a multi instrumentalist and he's playing like really kind of solid R and B kind of instrumental here. It's just some nice bass, nice guitar, a little bit of vocal here and there, but not like a full blown song, just a nice track to open your weekend with. So this is nineteen sixty eight by j Ris Maybe or Gyris Mosey.
Speaker 2: Take it all right, We will link off to that in the footnote. Daily ZEI Guys is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts. That is going to do it for us for this week. We are back this weekend with a greatest hits the weeklies like Geist, some moments that you might have missed if you missed any of ours, and then you don't want to miss these moms. And then back on Monday morning to tell you what is trending on Monday morning, what trended over the weekend, and we will talk to you all.
Speaker 1: Then fight peace.