Speaker 1: So the Wolves still stink.
Speaker 2: They do three and seven in their last ten. But the question is how bad have things gotten in Minnesota this year? Well, Austin fucking Rivers is now fielding questions about who's to blame for the dumpster fire of the season.
Speaker 1: Austin Rivers, that is what tells you it is a big old yikes.
Speaker 2: This is a man who you see a picture of when you google journeyman.
Speaker 1: This is the name.
Speaker 2: You see when you google what does it look like to not even be a fully guaranteed player?
Speaker 1: Who's a son of a coach. Now he's the go to guy to tell you what it's like.
Speaker 2: What like, please diagnose dysfunction for me, Austin Rivers, what like we're going to He's the only one that'll speak honestly.
Speaker 1: He's like, can I.
Speaker 2: Just get in the press because I know nobody cares about what I'm doing on the floor, Like.
Speaker 1: This is a guy that we want to see tell us what's wrong in Minnesota. This is what we want.
Speaker 2: Austin decided, Okay, I'm gonna go and go right into pr mode. I'm gonna channel my father, Doc Rivers when he says, well, everyone has had an opinion. When Rudy was out, it was Rudy's fault, and when then he came back, it was this other guy's fault. And now it's this guy's fault. You know what, It's nobody's fault. It's all of us. Pause, hold on, So let's break that down for a second. First of all is the admission that everyone has an opinion, which means that there are now camps emerging, opining, desserting, who is to blame. We've got think pieces coming out about who's fucking up this team the most, meaning that there is no one possibly responsible from a like A, there's not a consensus right now. There's so many problems we don't even know where to turn in terms of how to fix it. Rudy, Karl, Anthony Towns, Chris Finch, you get the D'Angelo Russell, you.
Speaker 1: Get the picture.
Speaker 2: Second, the stark and very honest admission is that everyone sucks on this team, everyone.
Speaker 1: All of us.
Speaker 2: Like that the waterboy sucks, the towel girl sucks, like the broadcast team sucks.
Speaker 1: We all suck, all of us.
Speaker 2: This is an organizational disaster. Everyone except for Aunt Edwards. Aunt Edwards deserves no blame. He literally is the only one you cannot blame it all. I have opinions on what's happened in Minnesota. We've talked about him before. I will not recover old ground, but things are gonna have to change in Minnesota. My guys, I don't know how they've lost six in a row. They lost to Detroit at home.
Speaker 1: Let me say that again.
Speaker 2: They lost to Detroit at home without Cade Cunningham. My god, they are two games back for the play in spot. They are a worse team this year than they were last year or the year before, and they've got a guy who won Defensive Player of the Year on it. There's a lot of people thinking this would be a top four team in the West. Myself included shame on me, Shame on me. And then the Rudy Gobert trade happened, and shit has been awful since they they gave up everyone. And the worst thing at all of all is all the pieces that they traded in Utah are bawling in Utah. Danny Ainge continues to fleece. Doesn't matter where he goes, there is always an idiot. It doesn't matter how small the room, there is always one idiot. You can fleece in the room and now we know who it is. Tim Conley. Tim Conley, Utah is still good right now, better than Minnesota. You traded Rudy Gobert, got a bunch of pieces back plus four draft four first round picks, by the way, and they're still better. Walker Kessler more blocks this year.
Speaker 1: Than Rudy Gobert is a rookie.
Speaker 2: Ah ah, no say it e'ate so say.
Speaker 1: It eate so Doc. That is what's called going from bad to worse. And get this, they might trade Garl Anthony Towns. The rumors are starting the surface.
Speaker 2: I love seeing Minnesota struggle now. They were a team I was rooting for and then they did this. Michael Penie at The Ringer wrote to the following, having just signed an extension, Towns can't be traded until the summer.
Speaker 1: But if the Wolves.
Speaker 2: Either fail to qualify for the play in or lose before the second round, pause lose before the second are you thinking this is a team that's going to the playoffs? Hold on like that is one hell of an assumption. So if that's the qualifier for trade Karl Anthony Towns, you might as well just trade him right the fuck now, now, sir, there is a expect a deafening chatter around Towns' future. There's always a chance Minnesota turns things around by tightening up its three point defense because that's easy to do, and finding a better way to space the floor because that's easy to do with Rudy Gobert. But I'm not counting on it. Chris Finch also recently said, yeah, I'm gonna start playing the guys. I actually just think should be out on the court no matter who they are. So that could be Wendell Moore, the rookie. That's what they say, Expect more Wendell more minutes. If you don't know who Wendell Moore is, I don't even blame you.
Speaker 1: Honestly. He's a sort of like a.
Speaker 2: Combo wing, undersized wing played for duke rookie Josh may not have you heard that name? Awesome guy who came off the bench and got about twelve minutes a game for Memphis. So like Memphis basketball, like the college team, Well, we're just gonna play.
Speaker 1: The young guys development minutes right now.
Speaker 2: And you think this is the team, Michael Pina that's going to the second round, sir, so Rudy's been hurt, He's been in an out of the lineup. Cat has been out as well. D'Angelo Russell, most overpaid best friend, probably not.
Speaker 1: Gonna make it. He's gonna take a pay cut.
Speaker 2: And Chris Finch, who not only signed off on the go Bear trade but actually endorsed the move, has now got the look of a guy with his neck firmly inside of the guillotine, waiting for it to drop, looking to the sky for it to drop at any time.
Speaker 1: So leave it to Austin.
Speaker 2: Rivers, the Wolve's newest spokesperson, to wrap us up in a nice little bow. He said, Yeah, we gotta go out and get wins them man ors, you will turn. I promise you we win three four in a row and the whole dynamic's gonna change.
Speaker 1: I promise you. Just gotta stay with us, man.
Speaker 2: Keep coming to games, Please support us, and we gotta stay with us more importantly than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Good old chip off the old block.
Speaker 2: Austin Rivers, just keep staying with us, keep watching us bang our heads into the wall. Please stick around, please support us no matter what. Austin Rivers could be a coach because he might as well have been channeling Doc Rivers.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that this has already.
Speaker 2: Happened, these little wind streaks, these little moments, and that did nothing to halt the slide. They beat Okay, see the Bulls, the MAVs before they are recent five game losing streak.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, no, no, no, Austin.
Speaker 2: I don't think three or four in a row is gonna change the dynamic, the spacing issues, the lack of the flow on the offense, or or more importantly, the lack of options that you have in order to fix it, the lack of I think you have two second round picks to trade. What are you about to do with that? What you're about to do with that? Poor old Chris Finch, He's gonna get fired for no reason other than the fact that, like this the only move left on the chessboard, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Literally the only thing you can do.
Speaker 2: It's a company that's dying and failing, and the only thing left is to make a board shake up, to fire the CEO.
Speaker 1: Because you are a bad business.
Speaker 2: You have no cash flow, You've got a bunch of things in debt, you've got assets that have no ability to move. This is the Minnesota Timberwolves, and the only move left is to change the leader.
Speaker 1: That is so sad, so so sad, so uh weird shit's happening in Boston.
Speaker 2: Not really sure what to make of it, Honestly, reports out of Boston last week was that the interim tag would not be removed from Joe Missula is not exactly sure why that is since up until you know, pretty recently, the Celtics were the number one team in the NBA.
Speaker 1: They had the number one defense.
Speaker 2: They were having an historically good offense, and I mean by historically, I mean the best statistically in the entire history of the NBA.
Speaker 1: So until they weren't.
Speaker 2: Right, like people starting to see some of the limitations of our man, our righteous man, our god fearing man, Joe Missoula. So what's going on in Boston? They are five and five in the last ten. They have lost ground so fast to the streaking, streaking nets Nets by the way, which we will talk about next episode, because I didn't have enough time.
Speaker 1: They have won ten in a row. These motherfuckers have won ten in a row.
Speaker 2: And you know who is not apparently not to be praised for that Jacquevon, who all of a sudden takes over for Steve Nash and they just start winning games.
Speaker 1: I digress.
Speaker 2: Even ever since they blow out the Suns on December seventh, who have their own problems, right, things have just been really odd blowout losses to the Warriors, which you could probably expect is the Warriors have their number, but then they get blown out into the Clippers. They get blown out. They lose to the Magic twice, no shade to the Magic. They lose to the Nuggets, sandwich between a couple of showings against the Bucks and the Rockets, just a very see saw, very bad, very good team. So last night kind of a perfect example of this, so I wanted to talk about it because the weirdness surrounding this team goes everywhere.
Speaker 1: So the Celtics are.
Speaker 2: Like currently trying to claw back at this point from a thirteen point hole against the Nuggets in Denver. They've got six forty three left in the fourth. They're trying to figure it out. Time Lord Dunks try to get some energy back into the team.
Speaker 1: He hangs on the rim. No, no, don't do that, Rob Williams, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he bends the rim to the point where they had to spend forty.
Speaker 1: Minutes to fix it. I'm like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Why are they interviewing Timothy Moskov right now I'm switching to the game. I'm like, why is a Why is Timothy Mosgov being interviewed? Why are there multiple ladders on the court.
Speaker 1: Why is there a random guy with a level?
Speaker 2: Why am I seeing zoomed in like level bubble like it's just moving back and forth.
Speaker 1: I'm like fascinated. I don't even know why the forty.
Speaker 2: Minutes of this and you know what, they still didn't even fix it. They had to bring a new rim out, they had to bring a hand wrench out.
Speaker 1: Eyes are not lies. This is really what happened. I watched it.
Speaker 2: They had to find random people in the crowd to interview. It's just like players trying to stand stay warm. They're doing jumping jacks on the side, They're running back and forth. Jokic was doing wind sprints. First time I've ever seen Yokic sprint for no reason. So then they finally get the game back started up, and it goes from bad to worse, like Tatum didn't score another bucket, didn't score another bucket what he had twenty five With six minutes and forty three seconds left, he finished with twenty five rough rough for me. That was the last leg of the parlay for me. I needed twenty six and a half points for Tatum.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Nuggets were up one ten ninety seven when that long break happened. They cruised the rest of the way one twenty three to one eleven. But it was actually worse than that because the Nuggets brought in their scrubs with like two minutes left.
Speaker 1: The Celtics brought in their scrubs.
Speaker 2: Tatum only took two shots in the final six minutes and thirty seconds, and one was a twenty seven foot like heave with guys draped around him, which was an air ball.
Speaker 1: It wasn't air ball.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brown after the game, as you might imagine, was pised. He and that was their rim. By the way, it was their rim that it was bent, not the Nuggets rim. They didn't get to switch through because it was only six minutes left to go in the quarter. This is why he had to say rim never got fixed.
Speaker 3: No, there was no communication.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Obviously the rim got I guess a little bit leveled to the left or whatever, and they spent all that time to trying to fix it, but when we came back, it still looked like it wasn't even level in my opinion, so it was like, you know, we just wasted all that time. Has an effect on the game, that's how injuries and stuff happened, and luckily that didn't. But you know, that was that wasn't good. The whole process was handled poorly, probably in my opinion, in that you know, had an effect on the game as well, but unluckily nobody got hurt.
Speaker 2: Handled poorly in my opinion, no communication, Tatum said, who's a nicer guy? The delay was just weird. I've never been through anything like that in my career. It wasn't like they could tell us how long we were gonna have to wait because they didn't know.
Speaker 1: What do you make of these strange things in Boston that are happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Like it could just be a little mid season hiccup.
Speaker 1: Who knows, could be something indicative of something bigger.
Speaker 2: When they lose, Boston loses big, like they did to the Magic. When they win, they tend to win big. They play good defense, they're unstoppable offensively. We're gonna know more, I think probably in the next two to three weeks. But remember Boston was five hundred at the All Star Break last year. So next two weeks they face the MAVs, the Nets, the Pelicans in a seven day stretch, So we'll have to keep it in our purview as so they say things can get ugly fast. Also, there's rumors coming out that the reason Missoula won't get the interim tag lifted is because Boston's flirting with the idea of bringing back email Udoka.
Speaker 1: You add that into the mix. Now the pressure cooker is on for our god fearing, god loving Joe Mazuma