Speaker 1: Welcome to today's edition of the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show podcast. We were talking the last hour a bit about some of the big things Trump is discussing or was discussing in the Oval office. I want to bring you some of those highlights. We've got stuff about restricting foreign foreigners from going to US colleges and universities. We've got the foreign nationals from high risk countries that are banned travel band, if you will, Lisa're not calling them a Muslim band this time, because Cuba and Venezuela not necessarily thought of, as you know, the Islamic world have been some of the countries that are on there. Clearly, it's not that I remember the first Trump administration they're as saying it's a Muslim bands, and then they had to add like North Korea onto it. They said, look, these are just countries that are messed up. It wasn't Trump's fault. There are a lot of messed up countries that are Muslim majority. And then there's also some stuff on the call with she and and Trump's relationship with Elon. This is hitting a little bit of a speed bump. You could say, the the self driving of the Trump Elon relationship is having a couple.
Speaker 2: Of bugs in the system. We'll talk about this.
Speaker 1: It is not a surprise to.
Speaker 2: Me that this is where things are right now.
Speaker 1: But I I you know, wait, I'm just gonna say this. When Trump and Elon, when I see there's a little static with Trump and Elon, it's like watching my parents fight. I'm like, no, come on, you guys are the good guys. No fighting, It'll be it'll be fine, it'll be fine. But my parents like never fought, so that was very nice. But you know what I'm saying, let's see here we have I saw other.
Speaker 2: People's parents fights. I'd be like, oh, that's not fun.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's do, dude, do first. The Trump call with Elon, this is this is a big deal because all the tariff stuff with all these other countries, we all know that can get negotiated. I think we're quite clear that EU stuff, Canada stuff Canada.
Speaker 2: You know we love Canada.
Speaker 1: You know Trump gives you some Trump gives you a hard time a little bit, but you know we love you Canada. China is a problem.
Speaker 2: That's a different that's a different thing. Right.
Speaker 1: The China is an issue for the United States, and he's doing bad things, particularly on trade, and it's taking a lot of our trade secrets and exploiting I think the good faith of the American capitalist mindset and system, and so we got to take.
Speaker 2: A different approach with them.
Speaker 1: Here. This was Trump just now in the Oval Office. He had a chat with a president Shi Jinping of China, and here is what he had to say about it, Play twenty five.
Speaker 3: We did a very good talk and we've straightened out any complexity. This is very complex stuff and we straightened it out. The agreement was we're going to have Scott and Howard and Jamison will be going and meeting with their top people and continued forward. But no, I think we have everything. I think we're very good shape with China and the trade deal. We have a deal with China, as you know, but we were straightening out some of the points.
Speaker 1: Having to do mostly with rare earth magnets and some other things. So it's produced trade tarif rates. They remain in effect. We have the deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've had a deal, we announced the deal and will be I guess you could say I wouldn't even say finalizing an up Scott. I would say we have a deal, and we're going to just make sure that everybody understands what the deal is.
Speaker 1: We have a deal, and he wants to get more clarity on the deal. You know, what's one big difference between this Trump administration that you're already seeing and the Biden administration. Stuff actually happens with this Trump administration. There are things in motion that are to the benefit of the American people. Think about so much of what was going on with Biden. What was the Biden What was Biden's trade policy? What was Biden's China policy? Biden didn't know that much is clear. So if the guy who is named for the policy isn't even aware of the policy, and we all understand why, it's pretty clear that there would have been some gaps. You could say there would have been some shortcomings in Biden China trade relations and dealing with them in the economy. I mean, I'm sure think about this. If you were putin and well, you can't be putin and Chesion Ping, I mean, that would be interesting, right, But if you were Vladimir Putin. This is one of the problems I have now when I do radio, is that Ginger the baby Ginger's very good with the baby, so that's good news. But Ginger is more attention starved than she's ever been. So now she used to always leave me alone during radio. Now she run over to me, and because she has free reign of the house, of course, because she's spoiled, and she drops her fetch ball at my feet during radio. So if it ever sounds like I'm like, wait, what's going on, it's because the dog and she she holds me hostage because if I don't play fetch at least in the commercial breaks, then she starts to whine, and you'll hear all across the country they'll hear my little Australian labradoudal whining. But you know, such such as last and it's I'm telling you, because the little baby gets so much attention. She's more than ever now. She's she makes these little noises and stuff. Anyway, she loves the baby though. She's very sweet to the baby. So at least I'm very grateful for that. All right, So Trump and and Xi Jinping are squaring off against each other on this trade issue. And let's just take a moment to recognize if you were Ji in paying or you were Vladimir Putin or really any world leader, because we all operate. You and I operate in the real world, which is other countries, whether it's China or France, or the UK or Guatemala. Other countries want to get the best they can for their people when they interact with us, and you know what, that's fine. That's how we would expect it to be. This is why Trump's America first. The notion of a government representing the American people that privileges and prioritizes the interests of the American people over non Americans should be the basic approach of any administration. But actually Trump, it's revolutionary because we've gone through so many iterations of well, what do the Europeans think? Well, what the you know what is like the Human Rights Counsel or to the Hague or whatever, the u N what do they think about this? I don't care. I frankly don't care what the UN thinks about anything. So if you were though, picking who to sit across the table from you as an adversary, uh, which means and I mean that by any country that's trying to get more from us, could you have done better than Joe Biden or Anthony Blincoln. Anthony Blincoln, really to think about the people who were We're gonna talk more about Karina Jean Pierre later. I know she was just a spokesperson really, but think about those who were supposed to be making the key decisions around Biden. You wouldn't want any of these people to work for you at your company. You wouldn't want any of them as colleagues. They're not dependable, they're not wise, they're not impressive. Not stuff matters. It matters with world. You know, either either who the president is makes a difference in foreign policy or it doesn't. And if it does make a difference, clearly we were at a huge disadvantage with Biden as the President of the United States, and we are seeing something very different now with Trump. We're seeing something that we should have had all along, which is somebody who can actually process Nego Sheate, has a strategy, understands the interpersonal dynamics of power.
Speaker 2: Biden's just a graft machine. Biden's an imbecile. And I said it all along, You knew it. I knew it all right now.
Speaker 1: On the restricting foreign nationals from these high risk countries, Trump spoke about this as well in the oval with the Chancellor, not the Prime Minister, but the Chancellor of Germany twenty six Play it.
Speaker 2: Please on your.
Speaker 4: New travel band?
Speaker 5: Why now?
Speaker 4: And if the Boulder attack was part of your reasoning, why not include Egypt on that list where the suspect is front well?
Speaker 3: Because Egypt has been a country that we deal with very closely. They have things under control. The countries that we have but don't have things under control.
Speaker 1: And why now?
Speaker 3: I can say that it can't come soon enough. Frankly, we want to keep bad people out of our country. The Biden administration allowed some horrend this people and we're getting them out one by one and we're not stopping until we get them out. We have thousands of murderers. I even hate to say this in front of the Chancellor because you have a little problem too with some of the people that were allowed to country.
Speaker 2: It's not your fault, it's.
Speaker 3: Not your fault. It shouldn't have happened. I told her it shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: What she did, her meaning Angela Angler, was like Donald, but we have to take all of this Third World, from the warton, the war torn countries into America Achtung I'm sorry, into Germany, but into Germany Achtung deutz Land not good, not good, Angela not helping anybody out and well helping I guess the people that are now exploiting their access to German welfare and the German system. Isn't it also remarkable how many of these people come to countries, whether it's in Europe or it's in America, and they and they have complaints, they want to complain, and we're never allowed to look at them and say, why does your country suck so much? I'm just wondering, like you know, oh well, I'm not just talking about countries that have a war, but it's also worth noting why are these countries that having civil wars or having these problems. Usually it's sectarian hatreds, so they hate the people that live within their country, never mind how they're going to get along with all the rest of us. But yeah, we never get to ask that question. I just think that there should be Again, this is one of the reasons. And I say this, and it's not just because I love getting high fives from my South Florida Latinos and Latinas who listen to this show.
Speaker 2: But it's really true.
Speaker 1: My South Florida, Latinos and Latinas or a lot of them, Cuban Americans, Venezuelan Americans, they freaking love.
Speaker 2: This place and they appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And they're also a voting Republican as they have for a lot of humans have for a long time, and more and more Venezuelans are. They appreciate this place. They come here and they say, Wow, America is awesome. The communist hellhole I left is a warning to the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: This is why they're so great.
Speaker 1: When you get these people who show up from some other country, they come in illegally. They're being told by the NGO, you know, America did your people wrong, and you know you should get all of the welfare you want.
Speaker 2: And you should. That's not good. That's not good.
Speaker 1: Anybody who comes to this country should be thrilled to be in this country and should be working on their americanness from day one. And we see what happens in Europe and that's not the case. When I say working on their americanness, you know, becoming productive, law abiding English speaking members of their community, their society and all of that. And that's that should be the expectation in Europe. It was like self hatred on display. We'll never forget. I was talking to the equivalent of the Swedish kind of like the Swedish FBI.
Speaker 2: I forget what they Braduh.
Speaker 1: I was there years ago at the CIA, and we're helping them with some terrorism issues.
Speaker 2: Oh why did Sweden have terrorism issues?
Speaker 1: Anyone want to guess? Anyone want to take a stab at that one? You know, was spent all off all of a sudden, so upset about uh the state benefits for his free health care or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, He's like, no, No.
Speaker 1: They brought in a bunch of Middle Eastern Muslims from war charned countries who guess what, hate the West, that hate Europe and started doing really bad things. Started going back and forth also between the country that they say they had to flee for their lives and the country that had taken them in. They arrive in many cases in these countries and they think that we are suckers.
Speaker 2: They are taking us for a ride.
Speaker 1: And you see this with some of the e moms, for example, who have been very much on the radar of m I five in the UK, which is their domestic intelligence service and trying to expel some of the some of them are so bad. We're like, look, you got to go back to wherever you came from. That's actually happened in Europe in some cases, but in Sweden. I remember talking to him. I said, you guys have brought in a million Middle Eastern refugees. What do you think is going to happen with this? And they because these weren't politicians, these are people that were dealing with the counter terrorism.
Speaker 2: Side, we have a big problem. We have a big challenge. And he didn't just mean stopping terrorism attacks.
Speaker 1: He meant they move into neighborhoods outside of some of the major cities. They don't they don't want to learn the language, they don't want to adopt the culture, they want to set up Sharia courts.
Speaker 2: They want it their own.
Speaker 1: Way, and they want to be able to advocate for the slow but certain overthrow of the culture and the rule of law and the.
Speaker 2: Nation that they have come to imagine that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like it's like I said before, these when you're talking about people that are coming from these countries, and you know, we saw this with the Boulder attack. This guy's commas here. He says he wants asylum. He's got a he's got a wife and children. They're here now. And and he goes and he lights Jews on fire. He creates a flamethrower and malots off cocktails. He's trying to light Jewish people, Jewish Americans on fire, instead of thinking about how lucky and grateful he is to be in America.
Speaker 2: That's what he does.
Speaker 1: This is this is as I was saying, somebody running up to you says, I'm I'm there's there's a tornado coming. Please take me into your house or else I'm going to die, and you, out of the kindness of your heart, say yes, sure, here, come into my cellar with me and my family. And then as the tornado passes, they look at you and they go, it's my house. Now, that's happening. That has happened, and it is time we woke up to this and said enough, no more of that, Thank you very much. I'm glad to see the Trump administration recognizes that we don't have to take people in from countries or we cannot trust that they will be safe, that they will be contributing. This is important for us to know. Important for us to remember. We want our dads healthy, not just on Father's Day, but every day. One way to do that make sure Dad's hard is healthy with the help of a cardia Mobile six L device, the world's first FDA cleared personal EKG. It can detect aphib a leading cause of stroke. Small enough to hold in your hand and weighs less than an ounce, cardio Mobile is the perfect way for your dad to manage his heart health at home. Between doctor's visits, easy to use and records right to his phone. He gets six views of his heart that's six times the data of any smart watch at a fraction of the cost. Give the gift a peace of mind for the dads in your life, or even for yourself. For a limited time, Cardi is giving you ten percent off. Go to Cardia dot com that's ka r DA dot com or Amazon and use code ten six L Clay. That's our buddy Clay ten six L Clay. I know he's on vacation, but it's still his code number ten as in ten percent off and the Cardiomobile number six L Clay. I know it's not the easiest code. It's a great product though, and It's a great gift for Father's Day.
Speaker 2: So you really want to get this one.
Speaker 1: Down, go to ka rdia dot com use code ten six l clay and get ten percent off. We're talking to Ron Vitello, US Customs and Border Protections Senior Advisor. Ron.
Speaker 2: Thanks for making the time for us. Let's just start with this.
Speaker 1: How is it that Trump is able to secure the southern border almost at a one hundred percent level. I mean, it's in the ninety something percent drop so quickly.
Speaker 2: How do you do it?
Speaker 5: Leadership matters. He's got a good team in place, with the likes of Secretary Nome, and there are now consequences unlike anything I've ever seen on the Southwest border. So rhetoric that says we're going to do this, the American people gave him that mandate action by the front line, you know, directed by the leadership, and actual consequences to the event of crossing the border illegally are now in place in a way. Like I've said, Like you know, I've been in and out of this business for forty years and I've never seen anything like it. It was so rapid the change at the Southwest border. It even surprised me.
Speaker 1: But so I think this would be really interesting, Ron, if I could just ask you, because I had seen, unfortunately in the bad old days of the wide open border, what happens. People would would walk up to border patrol. I mean they would walk across where there wasn't a wall or there wasn't barrier, which there's a lot of places where that's still the case. They'd walk up and they would wave border patrol down. They would say here I am, and sometimes through a translator, or sometimes they would say it in English some version of I have a credible fear of violence in my country. And they would be processed and let into America, sometimes with a like a ticket to a peer, and show up somewhere in the system later on. I mean, the whole thing was just a joke. What happens now if you show up and you just want to come into America illegally.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a high likelihood that when you're arrested, even if you gave up or if you were trying to evade, there's a lot of that's still going on. You're taking into custody like before, you're put into the system like before, and then you referred for prosecution the acceptance right from the US Attorney's office all across the southwest border and the northern border in some places as well as over ninety percent. And so I'll just give you an example of what that means. When I was a second line supervisor in Nogallas, Arizona, we could not present a smuggling case, a criminal felony smuggling case to the US Attorney's office unless there were fifteen smuggled aliens in the vehicle that we were trying to prosecute the smuggler for driving. Right now, they're taking first time entrants who enter the border illegally as a case. It's dramatically different than it's ever been. And so the high likelihood is that after your process and put into the system, you're going to be referred and then accepted for prosecution and you'll have to see a judge for the crime committed crossing the border illegally when that process is over. And that was individuals sentenced, regardless of what country they're from, they're sent back very rapidly. The average time and custody for folks that are in iced attention is very very low, low, lower than it's been in a long time, and so people are being removed from the US all over the world and very short order.
Speaker 1: And also I'm seeing a lot of confusion ron from some parts of the media, maybe confusion, surprise, astonishment that there's such a drop in sentinel at the border that's crossing what's going on there, Because I think I think our audience, I think everybody right now, they listen, they go, oh, I think I know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course they know that this has been a problem for many, many years. The President engaged worldwide, specifically in Canada and Mexico, the threat of terraces tariffs, just to make sure that they weren't allowing precursors to come into the country from China, and that they had to do more on the border, on the physical border, to protect that border. And so both of those countries engaged again in ways I've never seen. Right, ten thousand troops from the Mexican National Guard deployed on their northern border, our southern border. Canada has done more to protect their physical border than I've ever seen. Helicopters, night vision equipment, dedicated patrols from state, local, provincial, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and so everybody is doing their part to help protect those borders the sovereignty of each of their countries, thereby giving us a better chance at the physical border to find this stuff, and then the cartels know that it's just not a walk in the park as it was for the four years of the Biden administration.
Speaker 1: That's that's remarkable. I just to make sure that everyone is is clear on this one. What you're telling me is that on tariffs alone, there has been a big victory for the border, so that the tool of tariff negotiations to get us border security that's already a win, is what I'm gathering from what you're saying. Especially with you know, or rather with Mexico and Canada, there.
Speaker 5: Is no question that Canada and Mexico are doing more than they have ever done in the history of the relationships of these three countries than they are doing right now today. And recognize, you know, Canada put together legislation to spend millions of dollars on their border to help us to help identify the threats that are there. They now have a fent are, which they didn't have before January twentieth, twenty twenty five, ten thousand troops on the Mexican border. And you'll remember the rhetoric when Trump got elected, Claudia Scheinbaum the president in Mexico, all due respect, she was saying terrible things about how she wasn't going to work, she wasn't going to do the bidding of the United States or this president. She deployed ten thousand troops. No one has ever done that before her or since, and so that has led to a huge reduction in illegal activity across the Southwest border, including fentanyl precursors into their country and then fentanyl across our border.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Ron Vitello, US Customs and Border Protection senior advisor for this administration. Bron, let's talk about big beautiful wall, major promise from Trump in the first term. He has returned to this issue now in his second term. I know that one of the ways that Steven Miller and others are really trying to get people focused in on the need to pass this big beautiful bill is saying that there's ample fund for border patrol, including for wall barrier actually securing it. What can you tell us about that and the status of the wall right now? How long would it take if we had the funding to get a lot more of it in place.
Speaker 2: Let's do a little wall.
Speaker 5: Deep dive well to get the requirement that's identified by the border patrols, supported by the president. Right, he built a lot of wall in the first term Trump won, and we expect to build a lot more in Trump two. And so what we're doing now, with the help of the Department of Defense, we have ten thousand of our own troops on the southwest border helping the border patrol side by side. Part of what they're doing is giving agents better access to the border, fortifying the wall, and increasing the infrastructure that prevents people from entering at the border. About one hundred new miles of barrier placed either by DoD or buy the border patrol itself with the existing contracting and the funding left over from Trump ion. So Biden comes in puts a moratorium on all border construction, and so it froze the activity for a while. And now we're in the we have the ability for the next year or so to spend the little money that's left from Trump one on wall, and that's equated so far to about one hundred miles, and then there'll be new wall constructed using the funds from Trump one, and then we're hopeful that when the reconciliation passes, there will be a huge investment in infrastructure, including wall and tech that supports the wall and the agents on the ground access to the border, to give us about another one hundred about another seven hundred miles. Some of that will be dual barrier. We'll have some stuff in the river and on land in places like Texas where the river is actually the border, and in other places will fortify what exists and increase wall to about seven hundred new miles under Trump two.
Speaker 1: Is there are s and I know from just law enforcements sources down along the border, border patrol sources and the various collection platforms that we have. Is there a sense from the the narco terrorist cartels on the other side of the border that, oh, there's definitely a new sheriff in town.
Speaker 5: One percent? You know, there's pressure from the Mexican government, which is as effective as it can be given the circumstances. The military to military relationship is producing results, including US helping target known cartel members both sides of the border, and it's just really hard now to cross the border versus the way it was before January twentieth, twenty twenty five, and so they are not being as successful. We're watching the reaction from the cartels. We had a really good intercept in Laredo yesterday of unmanned aerial systems small drones, if you will, one of those yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so they're using drones to try to drop off product drugs.
Speaker 5: We believe this one was counter surveillance. Ah okay, but it remains to be seen. We're going to try to exploit that the media that's in there to figure out exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: But but so they're using drones to watch you guys or your guys at border patrol.
Speaker 5: Correct, correct, that's that's they're using them mostly for that, But there it's not unheard of for them to bring small packages, I mean fentanyl. You know, the profit margin on fentanyl is huge in Mexico, and so they use it for those things as well. But again, giving agents time and ability, this was something that wouldn't have happened seven months ago because they were too distracted with the massive humanity that was coming into the border every twenty four hours. Now we have the ability when those sensors go off and when we can deploy against those active threats. They did, in fact Caesar drone in Laredo yesterday, and that's what the cartel is capable of, and so we'll see more of that. You know, there was a seizure in San Diego of about seven thousand pounds of meth aanthetamine in California, which you know, we haven't seen a seizure in that size in probably over a year, and it was because the agents on the ground, the front line, has the time and ability to do the work, you know, using the shoe leather, using their brains, using the intelligence holdings that exist in the United States to track that seven thousand pounds. We probably would not have gotten that pre Trump because we're just too busy with the legal activity that was coming across the border. So yeah, the cartels have reacted. We're seeing increases on the coast near San Diego. We expect that to be the case in near Brownsville as well. The subterranean threat has now been magnified in the sense that the land border is much harder to cross, and so all the alternative routes of entry are going to start to be used and exploited, and so we need to be vigilant. That's why we need to backstop what the frontline can do with policy and rhetoric and consequences. With more resources, as in wall, as in infrastructure, as in boots on the ground, that all has to be fortified and sustained if we want to keep the promise of making America safe again.
Speaker 1: Wondering if you could just speak to the morale of the men and women of Border Patrol now and what it feels like to have the mission and resources squared away like they have been so far in this administration.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, the morale is very high. Lots of smiles on the faces of the men and women who now have the tools and the support that they require to be successful. Agents are recruited because they are interested in a career that it's mostly outdoors that mostly protects the country, that mostly is involved in activity designed to protect us all. And they weren't able to do that for the last for the for the last administration, for the entirety of Biden administration. They are back in business. The nonsense is over. They have support all the way to the Oval office. You have the Secretary Noome out there visiting face to face with the front line, asking them what they need, ensuring they have those tools, and watching them be successful. And it's not just the incumbent agents, but it's also recruitment is off the charts, doubled since before Trump, and so yeah, it's all going in that right direction as it relates to them being successful, which is why most of them are there. That's why they take the oath because they want to protect us all and now they have an opportunity to succeed as well.
Speaker 1: Ron Vitzilo, advisor to CBP, Thanks for the good work. So appreciate you being.
Speaker 5: Here, Thanks for inviting me.
Speaker 1: You consider yourself pro life like I am. Here's a wake up call. Despite the overturning of Roe v. Wade a few years ago, the number of abortions increased this past year.
Speaker 2: It's a tragedy.
Speaker 1: The lives of more than a million babies were lost last year to abortion, and there's no way this is going to just stop on its own. We have to step up. We the pro life community have to give women the support, the love, and the clarity that they need for life. And that's where preborn comes in. Preborn's clinics are located in areas around the country with the highest abortion rates, and they do this on purpose. There are a frontline organization saving the lives of tiny babies in the womb, day in and day out.
Speaker 2: Just imagine.
Speaker 1: I was at a Preborn clinic here in Miami, and I got to meet a little three year old girl and she was there because her mom, who's now very involved with preborn and appreciates preborn, went to one of those clinics three years ago and had an ultrasound, and that mom saw the little heartbeats, saw the little baby in her womb, and realized, this is a beautiful, precious life, and I'm going to bring this life into the world. And now I got to see this beautiful little three year old girl running around or mom full of smiles and also helping more and more moms to be just like her make the decision for life. This is what Preborn does. They rely on your donations, They rely on you. They get no government money. Yes, we have to vote for pro life, we also have to take action to save lives with pro life organizations like Preborn. A gift of twenty eight dollars would be enough for an entire ultrasound process to be given to one of these moms to be and to donate. All you have to do is dial pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby. A couple of you out there had a great year so far.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: You've made a lot of money. Your business is doing really well. Trump economy's kicked in. You can afford tax deductible, by the way, but you could afford one thousand dollars donation right now to Preborn. I know there are a few of you who can. Right now you're listening to this one thousand dollars. I can't even do the math for how many babies that would save off the top of my head, about thirty. Yeah, about that, Dial pound two five zero, say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero. Say the keyword baby. Twenty eight dollars, one thousand dollars, whatever you can, whatever you can donate to this organization.
Speaker 2: Most of you. Twenty eight dollars. That's blessed. That's incredible. Few you you're fortunate.
Speaker 1: Enough right now you can step up. Dial pound two five zero, say the keyword baby. Sponsored by Preborn.
Speaker 4: Hey Buck, one of my kids called me an unk. The other day and unk yep slaying evidently for not being hip, being an old dude.
Speaker 1: So how do we ununk you?
Speaker 4: Get more people to subscribe to our YouTube channel. At least that's to what my kids tell me.
Speaker 1: That's simple enough. Just search the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show and hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 4: Takes less than five seconds to help ununk me.
Speaker 1: Do it for Clay, do it for freedom, and get great content while you're there the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show YouTube channel. Much to talk about more on the Big Beautiful Bill from back and forth on that one. I have a Supreme Court decision that I think is very interesting that I will break down for you.
Speaker 2: We just spoke to an advisor to a CBP.
Speaker 1: You know, Ice made the most immigrant arrests illegal immigrant arrests in a single day Tuesday of this week, twenty two hundred people in one day. They're ramping up. They are ramping up, and that is certainly good to see. On the bad side of things, a Colorado federal judge, a Biden appointee, of course, has issued an order blocking the Trump administration from deporting the wife and five children of the terrorist in Boulder Mohammed Suliman. So there's a judge who thinks that he's president. It seems this is really bad stuff for the country. You have these judges who really believe that they or act like they believe that they call the shots for the executive branch. They have power over foreign policy, they have.
Speaker 2: Power over everything.
Speaker 1: They can just tell the president you can't do that, no constitutional anything for Nope, you just can't do that.
Speaker 2: I say, you can't do that. So you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of lower court judges and any one of them can just bind the commander in chief's hands.
Speaker 2: On a whim.
Speaker 1: And also, as we see they keep a lot of them are overturned by the Supreme Court when they eventually make their way up there. So they're overturned and also very partisan from the get go. But we're supposed to think that this is okay. Why should we think that this, Well, it's not, as you know, and we'll continue to follow this very closely. Now, something else that I think is worth a bit of our time, and it is how this this moment is when all of the people who were part of the Biden lie are running for cover, are scrambling away from what they did to the country and trying to cash in on it. As you know, I saw through the whole Tapper thing all along. This is somebody who was a nasty defender of all things Biden cognition during the Biden administration. He's a Democrat activist. He is a very noxious combination of psychotically thin skinned Tapper as well as wildly narcissistic and thinks that he can fool all of us into believing that he did the crime but should not do the time when it comes to the Biden cover up, that he is the guy who should be speaking truth to power. It didn't work. I think people have seen through this. Yeah, he's selling a lot of books, but he's sold whatever was left of his credibility along with it.
Speaker 2: And that's that's so.
Speaker 1: That's one case of this, right, one case of a Democrat propagandist running for the exits, or rather trying to not switch teams, but just reposition himself for the next for the next go round with the next administration. And then you have this Correine Jean Pierre and I remember when she was the Biden Press secretary. You know, we would talk about some of the things that she said, but we really started to I think, lay off on this show because it felt like, you know, she just wasn't up for it. And it's different when you're the president versus being the press secretary. If the president's brain doesn't work, it's not mean.
Speaker 2: I have to say it.
Speaker 1: If the White House Press secretary is just not very bright and not very capable. I mean, I'm gonna say it, but you know, I really I don't. I'll tell you this two things to our credit, but maybe in this big sometimes a bit of a hindrance. I'm not a mean guy, and plays not a mean guy. We don't like being mean to anybody.
Speaker 2: We choose to be as.
Speaker 1: Kind as we can be. I think, both of us, in our own ways. Kindness is different than niceness. I agree with that. Niceness is I don't want to be offensive, and I mean, you know nice, eh, Kindness is no. I want to treat people. I want to treat people well and whenever possible, be respectful and good faith and positive in my interactions with my fellow human beings. And so basically I'm saying like we felt almost felt bad for Kreean Jean Pierre because she was so in over her head and it was so obvious, and I didn't feel like beating up on her on the show was really Yeah, we had some fun with the suntimes, but it's very different like Weekend at Bernie's. Biden, he's the commander in chief. Unacceptable, He's a fraudster, he's a liar. The whole thing was disgusting. Cree Jean Pierre is somebody who look, she was a DEI hire in the sense that she clearly was not up for this job, but she was. She is a lesbian and she is black, and that was very exciting. Those characteristics were very exciting for Democrats to have in a White.
Speaker 2: House Press secretary.
Speaker 1: Now, the conservative view on these things and you see this with you know, you've got different people who could be or rather are I guess diversity technically within the Trump administration, whether it's women or you know, Richard Grenell is gay. I mean, there's these people that are that have worked for Trump at senior level, and it's just about are they good at the job. And there's not this obsession with the either immutable characteristics or the sexual orientation or anything like this about these individuals. We just pick people or you know, Trump picks people that he thinks will be really good, and he puts a He's put a lot of women, as you've noticed, for example, in senior positions, and these are some tough ladies, and they're they're showing their competency day in and day out, I mean, ever on somebody like a caree. Caroline Levitt is doing a phenomenal job as White House Press Secretary. But Karine Jean Pierre just she didn't have it. She wasn't very good at this. She was not up to the task. And I actually think that it was clear to a lot of people that that was the case, and so she did not get very much heat from the media. Yes, because she was Home Team, I understand. And yes, she's a black lesbian and therefore is in the world of identity politics double protected. As the left views this right, if you're a conservative, if you're on the right, you just view people as people and you treat them as people and you expect, you know, you hold everyone to the same framework of are you good at this, are you bad at this? Are you doing your job or you're not doing your job. That's that is the right conservative point of view. The liberal point of view is, well, we're gonna pick people for different things, and this goes to a Supreme Court case.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talking about a second here, but the.
Speaker 1: Left wing point of view, the democrat point of view, we're gonna pick people and we're gonna tell you they're just as good as anybody else, and they're not picked for these reasons, but we're also going to praise them for being these different things. So there's a cognitive dissonance here, right Like this has always been the problem with the firmative action, always been the problem with the EI. You can't say we need to give an advantage to people because of skin color, sexual orientation, whatever. But you can't think that we're giving anybody an advantage because of those things. This is the fundamental and the fundamental disconnect. This is the cognitive dissonance. And then they do this thing of oh, but it's just a little bit, it's just a little bit of a help, because when you start to corner them on these issues, you find out that this doesn't it can't hold up, This doesn't make sense. You can't ask somebody, you can't say I'm picking this person because of a And then you're not allowed to say I'm picking this person because of a you can't. You can't do that. That does not compute. You're asking us to believe it up is down, and or you're rather demanding that we believe it up is down. So that's what we saw with greenhow Perre here and now she is putting out a book called Independent.
Speaker 2: Here she is announcing it.
Speaker 1: So she's leaving the Democrat Party. She's not just talking about the Biden administrate.
Speaker 2: She's leaving the Democrat Party. This is cut too.
Speaker 1: This is how she described the broken White House on Instagram.
Speaker 6: I think we need to stop thinking in boxes and think outside of our boxes and not be so partisan. And the way that I see moving forward in this space that we're in right now is if you are willing to stand side by side with me, regardless of your political how you identify politically, and as long as you respect the community that I belong to and vulnerable communities that I respect, I.
Speaker 1: Will be with you.
Speaker 6: I will be I will move forward with you. And that is I think so important.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm. What happened to the Democrat Party?
Speaker 2: Why is she leaving the Democrat Party?
Speaker 1: She was the chief spokeswoman for the Biden regime, and now she's an independent. Now she's talking about how she's It makes no sense. It makes no sense. Uh. But what's interesting to me now is this is completely predictable. Now there are Democrats sources that are trashing her all over the place. Oh, she wasn't up for it. She wouldn't let Kirby. Remember Kirby, you know, the white guy from the Pentagon. Uh, you know, he was gonna do briefings on national security. But she wouldn't let him because he's so much smarter than she is and it made her insecure, so he wasn't allowed to it. And now everyone's talking about this. I'm sorry when you propagate the lie because it is worth it for you to do so you don't get to turn around and pretend you're a hero when it doesn't matter anymore. And this is really the whole situation of what's going on now with some of these going with whether it's Tapper, Green, John Pierre, there's gonna be others too. Now all of a sudden, you know, they're trying to tell you that they've had this big change of heart. They see what's going on. Why won't they say, why won't they reach out to people like me, for example, and say you were right? I don't just mean me, but you know people on the right in general. Why don't they just say they were right? And I should really think about why they were right? And I should think about why I lied publicly, speaking from the Democrat perspective, why they lied about things when they just had to know everything they were saying was nonsense. And what does that say about their character? What does that say about their their integrity? I mean, it means they have no integrity, and they have no integrity at all. Here you go, who cares? Congressional Dems say good riddance to Karine Jean Pierre. This is from Axios. Democrat lawmakers say, who cares?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Her explanation for this move is as confusing and disjointed as her answers in the White House press briefing. Democrats are trashing her now and basically saying she's an idiot.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying. She never was up for it, never could do it.
Speaker 1: So they put a black lesbian in this role.
Speaker 2: Tell Us it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Tell Us they didn't do it though, because she's a black lesbian. They say they just did it because she's so good at the job. And we say, but she's not good at the job, and they say, how dare you she's good at the job. And now that the whole thing has fallen apart, the administration's done, they lost. It's Oh no, she was an idiot all along, and the only reason she had the job was because she's a black lesbian. And Democrats are obsessed with the EI. That is what democrats are saying now. So everything that we tell you on this show about what's going on, you'll notice true. The things that we say, we just keep getting more affirmation of. And we said it all along. The other side has to keep trying to find ways to explain to their audience, to their voters why they lie and why they're wrong about everything. You could say this is a trend, you could say this is an indicator of something. And now I'm gonna come back and speak about the Supreme Court decision that just came down. It turns out you can't discriminate. You can't say I'm firing you and hiring a lesbian because she's a lesbian. This is a real case. This just happened that this is wrong. Of course it's wrong. It's always been wrong. But it was also always wrong to hire somebody because they were a black lesbian or a lesbian or an eskimo or whatever. It's always been wrong to do that. It was never okay to do this thing that was done for a long time. And now the courts agree with me. Now you know, if any of you out there are fired, so they can hire a minority or a trans individual or whatever.
Speaker 2: You can sue because it's wrong. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Let's come back to this sanity shortly here restoration of sanity. Product innovation means so much in business, and rapid radios are a perfect example of this. They are next level, modern day walkie talkies that allow you to connect with anyone anywhere in the US via a nationwide LTE network. They're fun to use and the voice quality is fantastic, and rapid radios don't require any setup. You just pull them out of the box, press a button and talk. It's one touch connection, perfect for busy families nationwide LTE coverage. Rapid radios are one hundred percent private, no monthly fees or subscriptions. Rapid radios have helped my family stay in touch, including after that big hurricane in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: They can help yours too.
Speaker 1: Visit rapid Radios dot com save up to sixty percent, get free ups shipping from Michigan, and use code Radio for a nexis or five percent off. That's Code Radio ordered a Rapid Radios dot Com. Code Radio A little bit of trouble in paradise here in Maga world.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ignore this.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's like watching my family members picker or something. I'm like, guys, guys, come on, come on, you know, I don't like it. I don't like it. I don't like it. Trump and Elon there's a bit of a little bit of uh, you know, static, call it static. I think they'll smooth this thing over. But look, Elon's not working in the administration anymore, so it doesn't really matter. Him going back to well, it matters, but it's not a big deal. Him going back to running Tesla, which is a company that I very much believe in, thinks is incredible, and SpaceX and X the platform, and Elon has done a lot, a lot for the country, a lot for MAGA, and Doge has been I think eye opening in a way that we really needed to see. All of that said, it is a little bit frustrating here to see Trump and Elon having a bit of a spat over what's going on here with this spending bill. Trump is now saying that Elon, hold on a second, make sure I get this right. Elon has Trump derangement syndrome.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: President Trump appeared to oh wait, we actually have some sound, guys. Can you play the This is from the Oval office. Trump talked about the situation with Elon. I don't know what the number is on this one, but you can pull up the clip we had it before. Let's hear what Trump is saying about the Elon relationship.
Speaker 2: Play it.
Speaker 3: Elon and I had a great relationship. I don't know what will anymore. I was surprised because you were here. Everybody in this room practically was here. As we had a wonderful send off, he said, wonderful thing about me. You couldn't have nicer said that testinat he's worn the hat.
Speaker 1: Trump was right.
Speaker 3: About everything, and I am right about.
Speaker 1: The great big beautiful bill.
Speaker 3: We call it a great big beautiful bill because that's what it is and uh again, biggest tax cuts in history, biggest economic development moves anywhere, We've never done anything like it.
Speaker 1: Saying they may not have a great relationship going for well, look, one thing about Trump you have to remember, and you know this, and I know this, is that you know he's not an opponent you want to have.
Speaker 2: It's not going to go well for you.
Speaker 1: But he also always keeps the keeps the tent flap open for you to come back and you know, be back on the team. He has a real he has really a remarkable willingness to bring people back into the fold who want to want to be part of the agenda and want to move the country in this in the same direction a lot of Look, I want a great example of this.
Speaker 2: It's Mark Rubio. I mean Marco Rubio and Trump.
Speaker 1: Went at each other in that primary in twenty sixteen. You remember, you know, talking about like little hands and stuff, and you know, Marco decided he was gonna play a little rough with Trump, and Trump could play a lot rougher. And we all remember what happened. We all remember what happened. And now Mark Rubio is Trump's a plus Secretary of State. Total confidence in going both ways there, and he's doing great stuff for the administration, and you know, Mark Rubio is just getting it done, and Trump knows it, and he's and he is dialed in, he is locked in, and a lot of people are saying Rubio kind of gets the most Improved, most Improved award on the Republican side of things. And he's doing great stuff and the Secretary of State deserves a lot of credit for that. We'll have him on the show hopefully sometime soon. We'll talk to him about it. But yeah, I think it's exactly exactly the case that Trump will always allow people to come back in after there's been a public split, unless they like play really dirty and try to imprison his family or something, which some lunatics have tried to do. But I bring this up because this is what Elon put out on X.
Speaker 2: Elon has the richest guy on the planet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, are there two guys with bigger and both very deserved but bigger egos on Earth. I don't know it would be. I mean, there's delusionally, Cuth Oberman. I mean, there's people who have huge egos who are total losers for people who are actually winners with big egos. Trumpet Elon are high up on the list, right, And Elon put this out there on X just in the last about an hour.
Speaker 2: Hour and change ago. Without me, this is Elon.
Speaker 1: Without me, Trump would have lost the election, Dems would control the House, and the Republicans would be fifty one forty nine in the Senate. And then he added such ingratitude. Okay, just look, I'm just telling you what's happening here, just saying that there's a little bit of a thing, a little bit, a little bit of a.
Speaker 2: Speedbump.
Speaker 1: I think it's all gonna be fine. Elon's upset about this bill. He's a true believer in cutting the government spending. And I understand what his case is with this. The problem as I've laid out the problems, but for one, it's if you tried to do what Elon wants them to do, you would not have passage of it in Congress. So what's the what's the way forward?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't understand what the way forward is because you have to get Democrats to go on If you have to get Democrats to go on board, now now you got nothing.
Speaker 2: Now you're just letting the Democrats call the shots.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. So unless you want to knop the filibuster on this issue in this moment, and remember, the Democrats will be very happy to go completely insane the moment they have fifty one seats in the Senate if the filibuster is gone, and they may still do that in the future. And maybe that's the argument that should be made right now, but that's not the argument that's being made. But it's you have the bromance of Trump and Elon right now. They want a little space. They want a little space. Trump is out on the golf course, Elon's going for a walk on the beach. Some sad music playing in the background. I think they're both probably having some moments where they think back to, you know, hand in hand walking down the White House lawn and talking about how great Tesla is and the happy music going.
Speaker 2: We're in a different part of the.
Speaker 1: Story right now. It's a little sad, but it's gonna be okay. I'm sure that they will make amends. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is some big thing.
Speaker 1: Elon is red pilled, Elon knows that Maga is.
Speaker 2: It's it's just.
Speaker 1: A question of whether we want to have a sane country in a sane government. Democrats are complete lunatics, total lunatics. Honestly, they're Yeah, there are smart, nice Democrats. I'm friends with plenty of Democrats. That's not what I'm saying. The Democrat Party, though, is now run by an ideology that is just deranged. We see this, whether we're talking about the trans athlete stuff that they're still sticking to, or don't even really know what the Democrats stand for right now because they're still trying to regain some footing after supporting a dementia patient for four years that obviously had dementia and they pretend like he didn't. And now we all have to sit around saying, well, you knew the whole time. How can you lecture us on anything? How can Democrats lecture us on anything when it comes to government or decision making whatever, When they had Joe Biden as president for four years and we all knew and they knew, what grounds do they have to stand on here?
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to I wanted to note that there's a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of friction right now in MAGA world with Trump and Elon and I just I'll say this too, two alpha dogs like that. This was if I didn't say it on this show, it's because I didn't want to rain on the election parade of how great everything was going.
Speaker 2: But we've all known that.
Speaker 1: Eventually this is this was gonna there was gonna be a little bit of a And when I say a little bit of a break, I don't mean that they're gonna hate each other and Elon's gonna go left wing and Trump's gonna have to throw big haymakers at him publicly for a long time. But there was a there was a time limit to how long I think these two guys could really closely collaborate before it was gonna be best for all that Trump goes back to being president and Elon goes back to running his companies.
Speaker 2: And that is where we are.
Speaker 1: So it's not a big deal. But you know, the bromance movie here is. Like I said, this is a little bit of different space. I'm sure give it a few months, Elon will be at mar A Lago. They'll be laughing it up and having dinner and everything else. But Elon's are very intense. I don't know him, but just I haven't met him, actually, which is kind of a shame. I'd like to meet him at some point. Elon's are very intense, obviously, and believes very much in the mission that he was taking on a doge. And when you have that level of intensity, you can become a little I don't know, monomaniacal is the right word. You cant a little two laser focus on that one thing. Trump has got to focus on a lot of things, and he does have to deal with what is possible out there.
Speaker 2: And this is a difference.
Speaker 1: Right, Elon is used to being You can be much closer to a truly, you can be much closer to a dictator.
Speaker 2: In your day to day affairs, day to day affairs.
Speaker 1: As the CEO and primary shareholder of a company, you can be much closer to a dictator than you can as president, with a Congress and a Supreme Court and three hundred and fifty million people who all have opinions.
Speaker 2: Right, It's it's different. It's different. Now.
Speaker 1: I know Trump has been CEO of companies too, so he understands that. But Elon's never been president. And there's some some nuances here that are in the skill set. But I'm wondering what you think about this one. If you I am not surprised by this at all. I will just say I'm not surprised by this at all. I was also not surprised at all at the Elon Ramaswami split that occurred right away. I won't get into that now. Maybe we'll talk about another time. But I knew that Elon was like, that was not gonna work. And I'm just saying that that was and everyone who knows me and uh, that was my feelings on that where they know that I that wasn't going to be. I was on vacation when uh, and overseas, so I really wasn't online or or getting involved in it. But that whole h one B visa situation with with Elon and Ramaswami and and Trump and MAGA and yeah, so anyway, I want to get back to our agenda here, what's going on with h with the country and and all the good things that are happening. But I had to take note of a little bit of a disturbance in the force, if you will, with the Trump and it's gonna it's gonna be fine, though, I'm telling you those guys It's one of Trump's nicest qualities really just as a person, is that he's willing to he's willing to let people see the error of their ways and come back and bring them back into the fold. And it's fine. It's a really nice it's a really lovely quality to have. I will say many people don't have that at all. Many people hold grudges, and grudges are kind of grudges are not generally good. Grudges I think usually are toxic or you know, usually have a toxicity to them. I didn't get to get into the details of this Supreme Court decision, but essentially the notion of reverse discrimination has been flipped on its head here. The Supreme Court had to the basics of this are a woman was working for a hold on it's like a juvenile detention facility or something. She was an administrator. She applied for a more senior job. They didn't give her that job, and then they demoted her and she lost out to somebody who was lesbian, and that she was replaced by somebody who was gay, and she felt like there was some dei stuff going on here, and she sued and the lower courts, the District Court in the Circuit Court. This is aimes Ames via Ohio Department of Youth Services. And what the lower courts found was, well, you're a heterosexual female, so it's not really possible for you to be this was Yeah, like I said, this was in Ohio. It's not really possible for you to be discriminated against. And they said that she failed to clear the bar applied to members of a majority group in order to be considered discriminated against under Title seven of the Civil Rights Act. So there's a higher burden if you're straight than if you're LGBTQ IA plus because you're still supposed to be protected. These are protected characteristics.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You can't discriminate on the basis of sex, can't discriminate on the basis of skin color, ethnicity.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the law.
Speaker 1: But they're saying, well, but it's harder to prove discrimination if you're white, or it's harder to prove discrimination if you're straight. And by a unanimous decision written by written by Justice Jackson Catangie Brown Jackson that the standard is the standard, and discrimination is discrimination. And so you fire somebody, or you demote somebody or whatever, and it's provable that you did it. So you could hire someone who's gay, or you could hire somebody who's you know, an Eskimo or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's wrong. No more reverse discrimination. It's just discrimination.
Speaker 1: We're either protected and you can't hurt anyone based upon things they can't change, which is obviously what is ethical and what the law should be, or we got a problem. The Left hates this, of course, because this is a huge challenge to the DEI regime. This is a huge challenge to the racial spoils system and the gender identity spoils system that they set up. Spreme Court n I know on this one. There are many months of the year when Pure Talk, my wireless company, is focused on charitable actions for our military veterans. This month, they're gifting one thousand American flags to our veterans as a gesture of gratitude for their service. And this version of our flag is made right here in America by Allegiance Flag. The Pure Talk team believes every service member who has faithfully served deserves one of these high quality flags. And with plans from just twenty five dollars a month for a limited talk text and plenty of data, you can enjoy America's most dependable five G network from pure Talk while cutting your cell phone built in half. The average family saves over of thousand dollars a year. Pure Talk employs one hundred percent of a customer service team right here in the US. Just dial pound two fifty say the keywords Clay, end Buck. Puretok's US customer service team will get you switched to hassle free in as little as ten minutes. Again, dial pound two five zero say Clay and Buck to support veterans and switch to America's wireless company, Puretalk