Speaker 1: You are angel what I call her? Ye?
Speaker 2: Hey, Yes, it's way up with Angela yee on a Thursday. I feel good today. It is Thursday, right, Caim, I'm SORRYO is here with me guest hosting today.
Speaker 3: Hey, Angela, happy Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hey Kim, this is my friend in real life, so it's gonna be fun. But she also has no problem expressing how she feels no matter what, all the time, all the time. David Banner is going to be joining us today.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is on Fight Night. Have you seen that series? It's pretty good and I want to say Kevin Hart does a great job on there, as well as Samuel Jackson is in it. And you know, David Banner was in a Black Snake moment with Samuel Jackson that was like one of his first movies oh okay that he was in, so it was kind of a full circle moment for him.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's been heavy into this acting, but he's also got his own thing going on. He's got his own like branding agency, and he's an artist and producer. Let's not forget that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a scholar, Yes.
Speaker 2: He's a scholar. Well, let's start the show off with some love and some positivity. Let's shine a light because we're gonna keep on doing that. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up and let us know who you want to shine a light on. His way up, I'm shin a machine.
Speaker 4: Turn your lights on, y'all, lights spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 1: Hinna light on, shine the light on.
Speaker 4: It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, my girl, Kimel, Sorry, I is here.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: You ready to express some love and some positivity.
Speaker 3: All the time?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, here's what I do every single day. I park like ten blocks away from the job and walk right. That's how I get my steps in. But it's also so much traffic that I have to do that it makes me get here actually earlier than if I were to drive those ten blocks. Today, while I was walking, I ran into two men who were working for Ready, Willing and Able. So I want to shout out organization. It's underneath the dough Fund. And so what they do as trainees, they're the men in blue. They provide supplemental sanitation to city streets. Weekly and they also powerwash, graffiti removal, tree bedwatering, painting, street furniture, snow removal. All of this work. They keep the city clean. But it also helps them transform their lives because it's for people who have long histories of incarceration, homelessness, and unemployment, so it puts them on the path to being able to get housing, to being able to secure a job. And they also support you if you need help for life, so they say it's Doughfund for Life because of that. And since that program started in nineteen ninety, they have connected nearly fourteen thousand people to jobs, housing, or both. So shout out to ready, willing, and able and Tower the guys who stopped me while I was working today and I took a picture with them, so hopefully they tag me in it so I can repost it. But it benefits them, but it also benefits their families, communities and all of New York City because y'all know, we need all of this work to get done and then they'll be on the path to doing something even bigger and making some money. I love that, all right, Well, who do you guys want to spread some love to? Who do you want to shine a light on eight hundred two fifty one fifty rees. Who do you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to turn a light on my mom.
Speaker 5: Man, she a wonderful woman.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, really caring it hear me?
Speaker 2: Tell us about tell us some more about your mom. Where are you guys from Philadelphia? And what does your mom do?
Speaker 5: She ad nurse?
Speaker 2: Oh so she definitely was taking care of you. Hell yeah, I respect that man having a mom as a nurse. But you also couldn't pretend to be sick going to school. She'd be like, hold on, let me absolutely, I don't believe this. All right, Well, thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: All right, have a good day you too.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that would shine a light eight hundred two nine fifty one fifty if you couldn't get through. And when we come back, came, I sorry, and I are going to get into this yet. We'll talk about Halle Bailly and DDG allowing their child to appear on kais and not to stream your mom. So I want to see how you feel about it. Toxic Mom's way up.
Speaker 1: They says the rooms.
Speaker 4: From industry shade to all the gossip out. Angela's speeling that.
Speaker 1: Et it's way up.
Speaker 2: But Angela, yee, I'm here, My god, Camo Sario is here with me.
Speaker 3: I am here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ready for some yet? All right. Swiss Beats is teasing the return of verses. He posted a versus. It looks like a hoodie and it says twenty twenty five loading at versus TV. What was the last versus?
Speaker 7: I don't remember, because I don't remember anything after the Locks, I saw.
Speaker 2: The Locks person.
Speaker 7: I watched the Locks Versus every every time I'm feeling down and every time someone's against me, I watch that as motivation.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the lock Ah Man. They did so much. I think during the pandemic it was just a different. Uh, it was a different in time. I mean, that really kept people connected.
Speaker 7: I liked it when we were all home, right, you know what I'm saying. I felt like it was community.
Speaker 2: But being able to see it in person is a whole different thing.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: So I went to one. I went to the caras one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I think one of my favorite ones was I'm gonna have to say it was the Beanie Man.
Speaker 3: That one was great.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Yeah, that was perfect. All right, Well, we'll see what they're gonna come with next. All right, Hallie Belly says that she's extremely upset over DDG allowing their child to appear on stream with KYS and I Now, Kim, I got to ask you, do you feel like she has a point now? She said, as a woman experiencing severe postpartum, there are boundaries that I wish to be respected. Nobody knows what someone is going through until they snap. Hi, everyone, just so you know, I'm out of town and I don't approve of my baby being on a stream tonight. I wasn't told or notified, and I am extremely upset to have my baby in front of millions of people.
Speaker 7: That's a tough one As a mom, I can understand, But once you're in an estrange relationship, all bets are off.
Speaker 2: Well here's what it sounded like when DDG entered into the stream with their baby with Kay Sanet.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, it's Halo himself love in the He looked just.
Speaker 6: Like the old R.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's cute and everything, but I'm yeah, I think I mean, bets are off. Not even a notification like hey, just so you know we're doing the stream or.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's very hard to co parent with someone when things are still emo, like when you're so emotionally tied to a situation.
Speaker 3: So you know, I would love to say put things aside and you know, do what's best for the kids. But it sounds good, sounds good, but it don't always work like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you know, unfortunately for them, their relationship didn't work out. But maybe they can figure out a way forward in this because also being sensitive to the fact that postpartum is a real thing, and you know, maybe it just caught her off guarden. It might it might have got the heads up.
Speaker 3: But when you know, when you have your kid, you do what you want with your kids. Right when the.
Speaker 7: Dad has he does responding one. If there's no common ground there, it is.
Speaker 2: Say people in the common saying, well, Kodak was just on there popping and per and like all kinds of things happen, so they could understand why she would maybe not want the baby to be there in particular.
Speaker 7: Right because there is you know, high profile couple, so there's that There's a lot of different factors I think in that situation.
Speaker 2: But there's nothing to say about it.
Speaker 3: All bets are off. Yeah, I'm used to it. Listen, just try to do the best you can for your kids.
Speaker 2: Well that was your Yet, when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. Man, it was it felt a little gloomy outside. I was I was outside to have like a you know, one quick drink, and I was like, it's a beautiful day though.
Speaker 3: You know what I did. What I was I went to see the wool Tang.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about it when we come back. I can't wait to hear this this way up.
Speaker 4: So about last night, I went down.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here, my girl, Kimo Sario is here.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's that?
Speaker 2: Girl said? What'd you do? Last night?
Speaker 7: I went to that Woo Tang screening, a wool Tang Experience live at Red Rocks Amphitheater.
Speaker 2: Okay again that's the one that you know, you said, I was gonna go with you what I.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to drag you out? I forgot a friend. Look at that. I'm a horrible friend.
Speaker 2: Huh Right, you had a feeling that's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I replaced how was it? I love everything woul Tang, So did I do you?
Speaker 7: I wore my black and I wore my my ones, my black and yellow ones.
Speaker 3: But you know, I.
Speaker 7: Love the the experience of like watching artists on stage, especially from our time, and seeing how the music transcends time, you know.
Speaker 3: So it was really good. It was really good.
Speaker 2: Well last night, well if you would have hit me.
Speaker 3: O, sorry, I told you last week.
Speaker 2: Well what did I do yesterday? Well, first of all, Young Jack was in town, okay, and so Mane and I had a nice sit down with Young Jack, which was really good. Shout out to young Jack. He's quite entertaining bet and yeah, he's really doing his acting thing, his movie thing, and he has a movie coming out. November thirteenth is the premiere for it.
Speaker 3: So you hung out it's called The Lower. On the day that you were supposed to come out with me, you didn't, Well, hung out with me.
Speaker 2: This was This was again earlier in the day. Then I was back in Brooklyn. So my girl Ingrid, who has this wine company I best wines Ingrid Best. She was coming into town. So I was like, let me get back to Brooklyn, so I can, you know, let her in the house. She's staying with me, but I ended up going to Dumbo House just to kind of like decompress. It's been like a crazy, you know, weekend and past couple of days, and so I just went there, sat outside. It was like seventy something degrees in New York, which is a really weird thing on with the weather. Yeah it's November seventh and the weather is still like you know, but anyway, so I just did that and then I you know, went home and hung out with my friend and Grid shout out to her. So that was my day. I just wanted to kind of take it easy. I feel like I've been on go mode. Yeah, you know, nonsense, time you need to kind of take a break. But then I knew you were coming in today, so I'm excited about that. It's good to spend time with friends, especially when you're working. And I want to ask you this, all right, I saw this headline about Elon Muskh slamming j Lo for not warning people about her ex Diddy, right, but warning people about Trump. But I'm not not doing that, And I was thinking to myself, do we warn people about our exes? You can't because you can see people about it. And I know people who have dated my You know some of my exes, and I feel like if I try to warn you, you ain't gonna believe me. I'm gonna seem like I'm hating. But I want to see what you guys think about this. Have you ever warned somebody about your ex? Or would you like to? What was that experience? Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty Call us up. I can't wait to hear your opinion. Kill and I'm gonna tell you about mine. But eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty call us up? Have you warned anybody about your ex?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's you want to know? My name way up with Angela?
Speaker 2: Ye turn, yes, it's way up with Angela.
Speaker 8: Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm here, my girl, Camel, SORRYO is here?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: And we are talking about warning somebody about your ex. Have you ever had to do that or would you ever do that? I don't do that. I actually have an ex who stated a couple of people who I know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to know.
Speaker 2: And you know one thing is about First of all, I don't think nobody's ever come to me and asked me right, So I'm my my business. And I also don't know if you're going to treat somebody the same way you treated me, like maybe maybe you'll be way better to her. Maybe you're a changed person, maybe you'll actually, you know, step up to the plate, you learn your lessons in the past. I don't know, you know, we evolved, we change. I don't think that happened. So it didn't work out for them either, and all the same things he was doing when I dated him.
Speaker 7: It's the best thing when it doesn't work out, and then you can have the conversation.
Speaker 2: And we said, but I still don't have the conversation because I also think, no matter what, when you warn somebody about your ex, they just think you're a hater.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: And so if you're just trying to like put somebody up, like I'm gonna just tell you you know what he did, Da da da da da uh, it's not ever gonna come off like she's trying to help. It's going to come off like, oh, she still wants him, because that's what a guy will say. Oh she must still want him. She must.
Speaker 3: They absolutely will.
Speaker 2: So I just mind my business and sit back, and you know, let you enjoy the right and maybe it will work out. Who knows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, and maybe.
Speaker 2: People have different tolerance levels too, because certain things that I won't tolerate. Maybe somebody else will you know? Who's to say, but we want to know what you guys do. Have you ever had to warn somebody about your ex? Or would you ever do that? Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty Tanika? Have you ever had to warn somebody about your X?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: I have, so I won't for all about my ex my son's father.
Speaker 9: Oh, and just let her know how he was a dad, he dead, a cheat.
Speaker 11: All that bad time.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 11: And then she to mess with him, got knocked up here, three kids with him, and he just cheat on her and at her out the same way.
Speaker 2: Wow. And sometimes you like tell you but you know what friends now.
Speaker 6: No, we're not friends, but we're not enemies.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I look at her and to warn you. Yeah, girl, I told you you thought I was hating. All right, listen, if you see something warm me, please please yes, definitely, all right, Thank.
Speaker 6: You, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Have a good one you too.
Speaker 2: What's the website? Don't datemgirl dot com? Hey Drew, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: I'm gay? How are you have you ever had to warn somebody about your ex? Guys do it too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't me personally if.
Speaker 2: She dugged you out or let's just say, you know, did all kinds of crazy stuff stole from you? You wouldn't the next person.
Speaker 5: I would tell my experience. But you know how if everybody has different experiences with different people, you know, it could be that person may not just be meant for you, you know. So I don't know, and I feel like it'll also be like a biased opinion.
Speaker 3: But what if she's a psychopath?
Speaker 5: I mean, if she a psychopath and not there for right? You know, but if you just had a bad experience with somebody or things didn't work out, how you think that they would have like somebody else might not have that experience. You know what they say, one person tries, there's another person's shutter. So everybody has different experiences with people.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, Well, thank you for Colin. You're very mature.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was you guys weighing in on this topic today about whether or not you would warn somebody about your ex. Listen, go and test that for yourself.
Speaker 3: I warn my friends. Yeah, I'll warn my friends.
Speaker 2: But what's your friend date, your ex?
Speaker 3: I hope not. But but if I know a story from someone.
Speaker 7: Else, Okay, you're worrying them about a war. Yeah, but on my ex. Now you're on your own with that one.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll talk about Madonna, Rosie Perez, and Tupac. How are all three people related to each other? Will tell you why in this story that happened Andrew Barrymore show, it's way up, shure, she's about.
Speaker 1: To blow the lid above this pot. Let's get it.
Speaker 4: Oh, Angela's feeling that ye tea.
Speaker 1: Come and get the tea.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here. My girl, kiml Sario is here with me today.
Speaker 3: I'm here today.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. So Rosie Perez was sitting down with Drew Barrymore. This was on yesterday, and she talked about a lot of different things on here. So she talked about going to the Soul Train Awards with Tupac. Here's what she said.
Speaker 11: I was going to Soul Train Music Awards and my date calls me up at half an hour before I'm getting in the call and says I can't go with you because my girlfriend will see me. I hang up the phone and then it rings again and he goes, what's up this pop? And he said, you know what, I'm gonna go with you. We're going to act like we're on a date and he's going to die.
Speaker 3: Love that. That's how you show him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went with Tupac, all right. Well this also turned into something for Tupac, but not with Rosie Perez. Here's what she said happened next. Did you guys meet up with someone else? Yes, Madonna.
Speaker 11: She came up to me and she's like, Yo, what's up. Y'all look together? And I said no. She goes really, I go yeah, she goes hook me up?
Speaker 2: So you got it all right? And see, remember when Madonna dated Tupac and people thought that was weird. So it turns out Madonna pursued him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that. I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: Now Takashi six 's nine, they're saying he might have to go to jail for another month. The federal government is saying he should serve thirty days for violating the terms of his supervised release. He'll be in court next week. He'll admit to those violations and then after that they said they'll recommend he immediately head back to jail for thirty days. Then they want him to do another year of supervised release.
Speaker 7: Stop playing around, listening, going back to jail. A lot of people.
Speaker 2: He's been having a lot of not so great things, you know, since since all the drama. Let's just say it like that, right, all right? And in good news, Whoopy Goldberg is going to be launching the first global women's sports channel. She talked about this on Jimmy Fallon. Here's what you had to say.
Speaker 12: I'm launching the first global women's sports channel called AWSN. It'll be the home for live women's sports from around the world. Everything from soccer, basketball, tennis, cricket, curling, you name it. If a woman is playing it, we're showing it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it too.
Speaker 2: Yes, women's sports have been killing it.
Speaker 3: Remember us at the WNBA game.
Speaker 2: Yes, we went to go to we went to the New York Liberty game.
Speaker 3: I know that was the last time someone took me out on a date.
Speaker 2: I got you, go than you, no problem, I got you. We'll go watch some more women's sports, but now we can watch it on Whoopy Goldbird's Network and speaking of women's sports, Simone Biles went on social media and said, mister Biden, I need you to stand up straight in your back and make something shake before your departure, so exo the women in America.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hope he can spand come on.
Speaker 2: Now, Kim, I'm still sitting down and shake things out. But she's right about that. You know, now is the time to say, Okay, let's go out with a bang. Let's get some things done that they try to block from happening, because the future is listen, it's dark. Yeah, it's still bright for us, but there's people who are trying to dim our brightness. So it's a really important time. And I know we were saying this to each other behind the scenes, for us to support each other, to do what we need to do to make sure that we are are good.
Speaker 3: I gotta be more optimistic.
Speaker 2: Just remember they're not looking out for you. We got to look out for ourselves and for each other as we always should. Educate yourselves right and support each other, support our businesses. Yeah, that's that's all we can do. Let this be a wake up call. Yes, all right, Well that is your yeetee. When we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them anyway, and we're going to make sure we give the tea. Yesterday we talked about that guy who they were four over four hundred sex tapes that they found on his computer.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you see this? Oh my god, I did not see this.
Speaker 2: Let me run it down for you, because those sex tapes have been released. But today we have some more under the radar for you as way up, it's.
Speaker 4: In the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar, all right.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela yee. I'm here, my girl, Kim Olsario is here, happy to be here. Under the radar stories. Now, this is definitely not under the radar. Bar Kamala Harris did give her concessant speech yesterday, telling supporters at Howard University in DC do not despair. Here's what she said.
Speaker 13: The light of America's promise will always burn bright as long as we never give up, and as long as we keep fighting. It is okay to feel sad and disappointed, but please know what's gonna be okay. On the campaign, I would often say, when we fight, we win. Sometimes the fight takes a while.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean we won't win, all right. And in addition to that, right now, as we speak, breaking news, Joe Biden is addressing the nation from the White House. Now. He promised to keep up the fight that fueled this campaign. He had a lot of things to say about loving this country, but not only when you win, he said. Here's what else he said.
Speaker 10: You can't love your country only when you win. You can't love your neighbor only when you agree something I hope we can do.
Speaker 8: No matter who you.
Speaker 10: Voted for, you see each other not as adversaries, but as fellow Americans.
Speaker 2: Bring down the temperature, all right. In addition, he also praised Vice President Kamala Harris for her true character and her remarks following her election loss when she gave those remarks yesterday, and he said that the American people deserve a peaceful and orderly transition of power following what's happened. So he said, where the people vote and choose their own leaders, they do it peacefully, and we're in a democracy. The will of the people always prevails high road.
Speaker 7: That's power and words. So I get we need we need encouraging words during this time.
Speaker 2: All right. And then speaking of power and words, we were talking about this this text message that went out right to multiple people, and you said, you know, people that got this textans.
Speaker 3: So people that got this message.
Speaker 2: You have been selected to pick cotton at the nearest plantation. Be ready at twelve pm sharp with your belongings. Our executive slaves will come get you in a brown van. Be prepared to be searched down once you've entered the plantation. You are in plantation Group W. And so somebody.
Speaker 3: Who's playing like this and why it's my question?
Speaker 2: You know why the election? You know what it is? All right. One of the people who got that message is thirteen News Now photographer Sam Burwell, and he said he also knows other people who received this messa. And so the Virginia Attorney General's Office is condemning this racist text messages from an unknown source. And this all happened a day after election day. So they said they feel like it's a spam, but it's disappointing the message that they're sending a day after the election. They also called the phone number that sent the text message. But of course people will send a message like that but be scared to answer the phone.
Speaker 7: There's an actual address in one of these messages, like whose addresses.
Speaker 2: That I don't know but I but you know, they can find out some information. So let's find out who this is and put that person on blast. All right, Well that is you're under the radar. Now, don't forget. David Banner is going to be joining us. And you know him as a hip hop artist, as a producer, as an actor. You saw him in Fight Night. So we'll get it to learn a lot more about David Banner. This is like a very long interview, so we had to put a portion of it on the other The rest of it will be online on my YouTube channel. Way up with Ye And of course we have the way it mixed at the top of the hour. It's way up just like the like they Angela Jean, like they Angelie Jee.
Speaker 4: Man, she's spilling it all this is yet.
Speaker 2: Well, it's way yup with Angela Yee. I'm here, Kim Osorio is here.
Speaker 3: I'm outside you outside.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this yet. You know earlier we talked about Halle Billy and DDG and how she had an issue with him bringing their son Halo onto the stream of kasinat. Well, now she's saying, yesterday, maybe I did overreact and shouldn't have brought it here. I know that Halo is always safe with this dad. I just didn't like finding out with the rest of the world what my baby is doing. Thank you Kai for the gifts for Halo, because DDG also posted a bunch of gifts that he baved. Yeah. Yeah, so you know, she went through it for a moment, and then you make.
Speaker 7: It bigger than what it is when you come out and say.
Speaker 2: Something, and you know what, maybe now they have an understanding. Maybe now it's like, listen, all I want is that if you're gonna do something, I'd like to know an it baas that's gonna have millions of people watching, you know, just give me a little heads out. We're gonna go do this today. Yeah, all right, Now let's talk about Plies and Meghan the Stallion, Glorilla Cardi b Soljier Boy, a lot of people involved in this whole situation and this whole copyright infringement lawsuits. Now Plies is saying that this song that he has Me and My Goons was sampled by Meghan the Stallion, Gloilla and Cardi B and also from Soldier Boy. All right, here is what Me and My Goon sounds like.
Speaker 9: I can't around me when I'm.
Speaker 2: All right. Now Here is Soljier Boys, Pretty Boy Swag. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: This right here is my Sway the girls Omi Sway.
Speaker 2: All right. Now here is Glorilla and Meg the Stallion featuring Cardi B with Wannabe.
Speaker 1: He and Lousa Glo.
Speaker 3: You have a cockbook ca my nineteen killer work.
Speaker 1: I don't know who he q that hurt them?
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is those do sound alike?
Speaker 3: Right, it sounds like the same thing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The producer Little Je made the beat is saying that it was actually sample from another song called My Douggie that came out in two thousand and six. He said, Me and My Gooons came out in twenty two thousand and eight, and he said the producer of My Douggie is credited on Want to Be And here is my Douggie.
Speaker 1: My Douggie, My Douggie, My Douggie.
Speaker 9: She says, like Madugie, I'm fresh my Dougie.
Speaker 2: I'm fresh my Dougie, all right. So everybody is weighing in on this. I was looking on social media at people's different comments.
Speaker 3: What are they saying?
Speaker 2: So Little Joe made the baty saying for the record, pretty Boy Swag is a remake of My Douggie as well, Sojia Boy is on the My Douggie remix Me and My Goons literally not even the single for that Plies album. And then Ash once it all said, I need you to play these two beats back to back, want to be samples Me and My Goons. Pretty Boy Swag is a little will sampled, but the two beat are not the same. I don't know what's going to happen when this plays out legally, but I know that now, I guess because of this lawsuit, which is by the way, a few months old, and I guess it's come in too like now because he has to sue Megan THEE, Stallion, Gloell and Cardi B for that beat that now he also has to enter in sue Soul Duboy for the same thing because he never did that before. And also I know a lot of times it's not the actual artist that's suing anybody because it's not like they make the beat. So you know, we'll see how this plays out.
Speaker 3: But implicated copyright.
Speaker 2: Law, listen, I never know how it's going to turn out. Interpolations and this.
Speaker 7: Practicing copy law school. Never forget I got a pretty bad grade in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going to ask you, but forget it. Yeah, I was gonna say, what do you think?
Speaker 3: No, I'm like.
Speaker 2: That you feel copyright law.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't fail. I shaid, I get a pretty bad grade.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was Yet when we come back, we have asked Yee and Kim Osorio eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Don't ask nothing about copyright. She did not get a good grade in that. But anything else you can help, you can help with that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty is a number. Call us up any question. We're here to help. And here is Kaylanie. I know she likes this song, and she's not suing for anything because she's actually on the remix. It's way up.
Speaker 4: It's relationship for career advice. Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 1: You should you should know.
Speaker 2: This is aske what's up this way? Up with Angela? Yee, I'm here, my girl, Kim Osorio is here. We give each other advice all the time, so this is great because now we're here to give you advice. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Candra is on the line.
Speaker 6: Hey Candra, Hi Angela, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? What's your question for me? And Kim?
Speaker 14: So my question for you guys is I have been talking to this guy for like three years or so, and usually when I'm talking to some one, I'm like, Okay, are we gonna a date or are we not going to date? But over the past few years, I've been this, Okay, we're not going to be in a relationship, and I'm okay with that because I know we are not compared. But this past birthday of mind, he did not say anything because he did not remember that was my birthday. So I'm a very sentimental person, so even if we had on and off periods of talking and not talking, I would always remember his birthday. So I know he's kind of a forgetful facey guy anyway, but is this something that should be like a hard no, get him out of my life? Keep it moving and find something worthwhile or at least better, or just keep it as what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at remembering people's birthdays either. I'm gonna keep it real. And if you said, he's just kind of like that anyway, it's not really personal.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I guess so, But still I feel like that's something that to me, I think is important.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you what's important to you. If you're saying this is important to you and he didn't do it, then if in your heart you're like, at least if I'm sleeping with you, sometimes I need the respect of a happy birthday. Right for some flowers is.
Speaker 7: Something right, But it sounds like she knows that he's not that person, right shows that did him and her life bothers her.
Speaker 2: And if something does still bother you and you're like, why am I wasting my time with somebody who I feel like isn't even gonna wish me a happy birthday or remember that and that bothers you that much, then you know you gotta do what you gotta do because it feels like you do want to be in a relationship and you're just wasting time with somebody. And sometimes it's wasting time prevents you from finding what you really want.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's kind of where my head is at.
Speaker 2: You should be like, look, I'm gonna keep it right. I know we're not in a relationship, but at minimum, because we've been messing with each other for years, at least we're friends and you should at least have said happy birthday. If Mayna was here, I would thank you. Guys up, Oh maybe you can still do that. Okay, Oh wow, we'll let him know. No, I wouldn't get you from a bad situation to work the worst one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, thank you for the advice. Clearly we're not even friends if he doesn't value that's not true.
Speaker 7: It's not that it's not that you are and friends, it's that your expectations for what you want the relationship to be don't match his expectations.
Speaker 2: And maybe he's just an inconsiderate person.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Period, that's not what you want.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he good in bed or something?
Speaker 3: Why do you keep him around?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that guy balt on him.
Speaker 7: Wait, don't don't get rid of him if you don't have a replacement.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you now.
Speaker 2: Make sure you get before you quit the old one. I'm kidding. No, she's kidding, and I'm serious. Listen, I think you can't settle. You don't have to.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 7: That's the question, because when you get to my age, you start settling for something.
Speaker 2: Oh Kim, oh sorry, sorry, good luck Angela ye, yeah girl. All right, Well that was ask ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty if you couldn't get through. And when we come back, David Banner is in the building and he's not settling either. Okay, he have a wife, he doesn't have kids, but that was by choice. We'll talk about it. It's way up.
Speaker 10: You want to know my name?
Speaker 1: Way up with Angela ye?
Speaker 9: Turn me on.
Speaker 2: What's up? His way up with Angela yee? And my guy is here right now. David Banner.
Speaker 8: First of all, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 9: You look happy and you're glowing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're alive because you get You know, we watched Fight Night, and I guess it's safe to say because the series has watched I'm not giving those spoilers, but you know.
Speaker 9: Well, what I will say is I've been hearing whispers in the wind that they may do prequels.
Speaker 8: Fight Night has changed the whole course of my life.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, it's hard to find, you know, something that our people really resonate with. And Black people all over the world are resonated with my character on that TV show, like and people don't know. And I'm not fighting them and trying to prove it, but like a lot of people, they don't notice my thirty seven thirty eight film and television.
Speaker 2: I remember Black Snick Moon, you know what I'm saying, And that's.
Speaker 8: Where it started with Sam and with Craig Brewer.
Speaker 9: You know, you all are really going to be proud of what's on the horizon for me on the acting side. I never would have thought that music was just the beginning for me.
Speaker 2: It's the conduit for everything. It's amazing to see everything you have, man is to accomplish not just as an artist, but as a producer, then as somebody who studied their own company. You know, that's also doing production and music for campaigns and for advertising agencies and helping people id and come up with strategies, but then also acting, but then also being really vocal about politics at a time when it wasn't popular to do so.
Speaker 9: Excuse me for interrupting you but I want to thank you because it's been so hard and people don't know what I've had to go through, what I've had to sacrifice. When I was talking about, you know, even wanting to be.
Speaker 8: Married, that went viral. Yeah, it went viral in a big way.
Speaker 9: And the thing was is that people don't understand that they only see what you have, don't see what you sacrifice.
Speaker 8: You look up and you.
Speaker 9: Have cars and houses, but no friends, no wife, no family, no kids, none of the things that really matter. Because if you think about it, things that really matter, you only get one of. And something we can't get back is time.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm talking to David Banner, he's currently in Fight Night now for you. As far as making time, I feel like that could have win something that if you made because I also don't look at that such a bad thing, maybe it wouldn't have been the best situation.
Speaker 9: Lessen the only people that really talk all that, And it took one of my friends to show me this.
Speaker 8: It's women who wish that they had that opportunity.
Speaker 9: And it wasn't the fact that I was waiting to get married with people missed is the fact that I said I wanted children right, and a lot of those women can't have children, so it hurts them that physically they feel like they can't be with a man like me when they don't know.
Speaker 8: They didn't ask the.
Speaker 9: Question, okay, and this is how far our culture has fallen. A black man with no disease, who has accomplished his dreams, who does right by his people, waited to get married because he knew it would have been worse and people wouldn't have talked about me if I would have got a woman pregnant, set her up in the house, and then I would have went back to work and she would have just wasted her whole life and I wouldn't have known my children.
Speaker 2: That was a conscious decision.
Speaker 9: There was a conscious decision that I made, and it would be different if I didn't accomplish my dream. So the real truth is I either had to sacrifice my career or accomplish my dreams and then get it the right way. I'm doing it the right way. I didn't waste anybody's time, and now I'm a better man, I'm a better father, I'm a better human being in general. Anybody who criticizes that as a bum I did all of the right things.
Speaker 8: And that's what you're going to criticize a black man for. It's for waiting. Being honorable and accomplishing is gold.
Speaker 2: David Banner is here. We have more with him when we come back. It's way up at Angela ying.
Speaker 1: You, way up with Angela ye more.
Speaker 2: Now what's up way up in Angela yee? And David Banner is here. Now let me ask you this. So since you put that out there like that, because that did end up going so viral because everybody we don't see a lot of men saying I went to be married and I want to have a family and I would have children, and.
Speaker 8: The benefits for me not getting married is so good.
Speaker 9: I could just the rest of my life and found one person to have a baby with and we signed some contract.
Speaker 1: It'd be good.
Speaker 9: But like I really think I would be a better human being if my spirit wasn't so split, if I had somewhere to re up and renourish my.
Speaker 8: Soul, you know.
Speaker 9: And what I said I was gonna do with my career on this level because I am moving to another level. So I just want to be honest with our culture. And like I remember a young girl, this this sort of went viral too. She said, David Bann, you got it so together, And I told her, I know, I don't.
Speaker 8: I'm a wreck.
Speaker 9: She couldn't believe it. I could tell she looked up to me, but I wanted her to know that. So if you you know, it's okay, just keep going and I'll say this this, and y'all should make a come. We just make it look good. But I'm gonna say this and a lot of some black people are gonna get mad at me, concerned.
Speaker 8: This is what I mean.
Speaker 9: It's as much as we talk about right wing Republicans, extreme right wing Republicans, Black America is becoming more and more and more like them.
Speaker 8: Every day.
Speaker 9: We say that's not true that we have not researched. We talk about every thing that we don't know what the we talk Donald Trump talk about whatever, and he don't know what to keep talking about. Now we'll just be like like we're doing the same, like even this. If I say something about religion, if it's not what somebody else believes in, a person will get mad. Have you ever seen that problem? People will want to fight you because of what you believe in, and they ain't their research only that they believe in. Most of the stuff that black people believe in America was given to them by the an oppressor who don't like you on earth? Why would they give you the key to heaven if you didn't like a mother on the streets?
Speaker 8: Would you give them a kid of your house?
Speaker 2: Would you control them with religion?
Speaker 8: Let me do that, Let me protect you.
Speaker 9: I said that I got you, but that's what I mean, and so like for me. And the sad thing is is we let a lot of ignorant mother talk they and we should shut that down.
Speaker 2: It's detrimental to our culture. Right now, I'm talking to David Banner. He's currently in Fight Night.
Speaker 8: I'm very proud of you.
Speaker 9: The reason why I'm proud of you is I don't know what from a woman's standpoint, but I know how it feels for all the pressure to be on you. But the reason why we put all of the pressure on ourselves is we can't complain about nothing unless we take it all into our hands.
Speaker 8: And like, not that I need.
Speaker 9: Credit for it, but people don't see most of it that was successful for me. I produced the record, I wrote the record, I paid for the studio time, most of the opportunities. I had to get on my agent.
Speaker 2: About this, but I do want to say that a lot of times, if you're waiting for other people, not you, but in general, for other people to do stuff for you, nobody's gonna care about your stuff more than you're ever gonna care about your stuff.
Speaker 8: People treat you exactly like you treat yourself.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So like we're gonna have to start treating ourselves better first, and people will follow you.
Speaker 8: And I'm proud of you.
Speaker 9: You bet on yourself and whether I know it's gonna be good, but whether it's good or.
Speaker 8: Bad, I would rather fail. I tried with me.
Speaker 9: Than hoping that I'm gonna have success with mother. People have historically never gave.
Speaker 2: The absolutely and I look good, I'm right.
Speaker 8: And I'm gonna get married, and then.
Speaker 2: You don't come to my wed you know? Can I wait to meet this woman?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much to David Banner for joining us today. You can watch that full interview and I mean full interview because it is a lot, but it's amazing on my YouTube channel. Way up with ye And when we come back, of course, y'all have the last word.
Speaker 4: Take up the phone tapian to get your voice heard.
Speaker 1: What the word is? He is the last word on Way Up with Angela yee?
Speaker 2: What's up his Way Up with Angela ye? And I'm here with my girl, Kim Olsiio. Thank you, Kim, You're very welcome. Thank you forgetting me outside, for rocking with me all day today. I enjoy that. I love spending time with you.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 2: Oh girl power. And of course thank you to David Banner who joined us today as well. I feel like his dms are about to be lit because he is looking for a wife. Is he wants to have kids, he wants to do it that way? Okay, but yeah, So thank you. Watch that foot interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with Ye And of course thank you to everybody for calling in and always participating. Do you want to be warned if you date somebody and somebody else dated them before you?
Speaker 7: Please warn me you do want to be wound to me on Instagram at Kimosorio one. You could subscribe to my YouTube channel at Kimosorio Media and let me know about him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well. A lot of people called in to weigh in on that. I will say though, if you weren't camp, she's gonna call me and be like this, hating as she lies.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 2: All right, well again this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Angela. This is Shari calling. I'm calling about the comment. Have I ever tried to warn someone that gout might ex I have and it didn't turn out too well. They wanted to learn on their own and it didn't turn out good. But I ended up getting a call saying, Hey, you were right. I've seen all of the signs that.
Speaker 5: You told me to look out for.
Speaker 6: And now they're no longer together and he's met at me. But hey, sometimes it goes like that. Hey, my name Silver lewis from Chicago, and I just wanted to shine a.
Speaker 5: Light on everyone in the world.
Speaker 6: I know time to be hard, and I want everybody who's going.
Speaker 5: Through something to push through. We got this.
Speaker 6: We're stronger than we know, and sometimes we may then as long as we don't break, we'll be good. Been in love, love, love, love and Gray Bye.
Speaker 1: Way up with Angela.
Speaker 9: Ye