Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: I saw this video that came out yesterday and it was from Love and Hip Hop and this lift a little scrappy in his mom and I wanted to share this because it was very powerful, but I also want to kind of break it down as well, so I play it now house.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a trap house, so all I knew was that, you know what I'm saying, And I love you because you held it down, like you did what you had to do.
Speaker 6: But imagine you.
Speaker 5: You never had You never had to sleep with your mama twenty four seven because you couldn't go in your room. Okay, you never had to walk in on U dope. Yeah, you never had to walk in on un Just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The way I was.
Speaker 5: Raised, I had to deal with that because everything that happened, I had to deal with that. And I'm still dealing with it because ain't nobody come and take me to give me no help.
Speaker 6: Ain't nobody got me no help.
Speaker 5: I got learned about that when I got older.
Speaker 3: So do you want it real good?
Speaker 5: Like this?
Speaker 3: What this in my head?
Speaker 5: In my head?
Speaker 6: My whole life in my head I go through.
Speaker 5: I can't even go to her hard, I can't go to you, you horror.
Speaker 6: So I'm on the concrete.
Speaker 4: But my grand Lord, So that's a very powerful clip. I mean, I get emotional washing.
Speaker 6: It's super powerful. So if you look at Scrappy and you look at his mom.
Speaker 4: The reason why I really want to show this is from the mother's end as well, because I see a lot of responses like Mama D doesn't care Mama D. Mama D is stuck in trauma response. Scrappy shared he experienced growing up with her, but there's another side to it. Her with Mama D experience growing up and trauma. Beguess trauma. So Scrappy is right in being able to one share that experience and be vulnerable with his mom.
Speaker 6: In that way.
Speaker 4: But there's again there's a there's a reason why Mama D is probably acting the way that she's acting. And I guarantee you if you go back into these maps here, we can start to see where she's probably at. Let's go back here. So if you ever watched Love and Hip Hop and you're seeing Scrappy Scrappy, you can tell he's been in a fight or flight pattern. You know, he's always fighting. Seems like he's always fighting. And again that behavior is not conscious. That is unconscious behavior. And this is why we say do the healing work, is so that you can break that pattern and start to exhibit new behaviors and This is what he's trying to do by trying to talk to his mother about what he experienced. He's trying to break a pattern. But one thing he said is he said, you know, I haven't. I'm still dealing with it. It's yet because it's in your body. You see the emotional response for him, it's in his body. So even after that event, he may walk away and that may feel good that he was able to share that, but you still got it. Empty the cup out. You still have to empty the cup of the body. And we're going to talk about that. So let me move go forward. So if anybody can ask questions too, this is open form at this point. So I grew up, move forward because I want to show this in terms of stimulus response. We live in a stimulus response feedback loop. So when you take a look at our culture, you look at again, let's talk about the imbalanced brain. If you look to the top left there that's the left side and the right side the right side, you see an over activation that has to do with being stuck in the sympathetic which is the fight flight response. So I say that this gentleman here that's called them Dante, I say that Dante grew up in an environment where there was stimulus, stimulus that that caused him to go into fight or flight. And what that stimulus may look like is it can look like being abused. It could look like being abandoned. It can look like being bullied. It can look like, you know, having absentee parents. It could look like having mental you know, parents with mental illness. It can look like having a parent who was in prison. It can look like many different things to activate that that response, that fight or flight response.
Speaker 6: And now that he's stuck, and then you start to look at what are the what are the.
Speaker 4: Physical reactions that take place, the physical reactions, and you can start to think about this for yourself too, and stain your body as I call.
Speaker 6: These things out. Elevated shoulders, where are your shoulders at right now? Tight neck? Where's your neck? Clint's jaw? Are you Clinton?
Speaker 4: Ernest?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and.
Speaker 2: Deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed.
Speaker 2: To return legally. Do what's right. Leave Now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Do you grind your teeth? Do you have back pain?
Speaker 4: That you can explain a lot of people stuff from back pain. They think I lifted something, but really back pain can also happen from as an emotional stress response, trauma response as well, joint aches, balling of your fist, that's very common overall, body stiffness, holding your breath, gas or intentional issues and shape.
Speaker 6: These are the physiological.
Speaker 4: Responses that take place in the body when we keep having stress, chronic stress, or stuck in a stress response. But then let's talk about the emotional side and how this shows up in your life. Difficulty managing money. I like how that's the first first one, specifically because we're on a platform that's all about financial literacy, right, A part of our issue is not just financial literacy just because you know, okay, I know how to make money, but do you know how to manage money? Do you know how to keep money? And that's been our biggest thing. We know how to we know how to get money, Like look at this spending though, and whatever we spending the money on. Well, if you look at the top, right, those physiological symptoms, you're going to try to self soothe yourself. And what's the best way to self soothe, well, to spend. You're going to spend your way out of pain, right, And spending your way out of pain might look like and I've talked about on the last class. It may look like retail therapy. It may look like overeating over consuming food. It may look like you have out of the top ten websites in the world, three of them are porn. And so if you start to look like we're self soothing in these ways, we're trying to alleviate the symptomology. We just have bad choices in terms of a bad we're using the wrong resources to do so. Can you still hear me being overly self reliant? Now, this was pushed in our community for independent women to be independent, and those are just trauma responses as well. And I'm not saying independent overly self reliant. Independence is fine, but interdependence is more resourceful.
Speaker 6: I need you, you need me.
Speaker 4: Struggling to achieve goals, things like procrastination are known as trauma responses. The whole idea of people are lazy. Those are just trauma responses body image issues. That's very big in our community now. Everybody's running to fix their bodies because that's the way that we can get attention. Attention has become a new currency. So what do you need that attention for? Well, what's the basic thing that you need attention for. It's another way of self soothing is to have the attention from others because it makes.
Speaker 6: You feel, can make.
Speaker 4: You feel whatever that may be confident or love. But again, all of these have diminishing returns. These these things that we do to try to really solve the issue has a diminished return and a long run is not helpful.
Speaker 6: It's helpful in the upfront, but.
Speaker 4: In a long run you may be spending more time getting getting more surgeries. This is what you see with plastic surgery specifically in like Hollywood.
Speaker 6: You see that is never enough.
Speaker 4: Once you go in try to fix one thing, and you next fixing ten other things, and now you look like you should join witness protection. Nobody can even nobody knows who you are. And we've seen that. Look, all the stuff that we see in our community is like right in front of our faces and it's all mental health related emotional decision making.
Speaker 6: We see a lot of that, making.
Speaker 4: Bad decisions based on an emotional state of being. That's not something you wanted to do. Inflexible dating standards. Oh, this is like really big right now within our community as well, where people feel like they have to have a list of all these attributes and that person looks perfect. Perfectionism itself is a trauma response. So imagine when you're looking for the perfect person. You know you're looking for the perfect person for you, but the person is not perfect, and that perfect person is not going to save you. And that perfect person is not going to change those physiological responses, nor are those middle emotional issues for you. This is the work that we have to do to begin to overcome that.
Speaker 6: Let's go next.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,