Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode sixty six of What's Right with Nick Wright, the podcast Live from Harlem at our brand new studio. I hope you guys have been checking out the television show on its new time three pm Eastern, live from Midtown Manhattan and it's brand new studio. Apologies that this is our first show of the week. When I told you guys last week we'll be back on twoday, I forgot that Labor Day was on Monday. By the way, shout out to union members, past president and future forgiving us the you know, the weekend, the end of eighteen hour workdays, Labor day and the end of child labor laws or the beginnings of child labor law. Shout out, thank a union member, my friends, union household over here, son of a firefighter, a union leader. Forever there's your political it's not even political. Come on, they built the middle class. Time for the show. Here's what we're not discussing on today's show. Sue Bird arguably the goat. I'm not a WNBA historian the way I am NBA historian. But Diana Trozzi's got a case. Sue Byrd obviously is a case. Cynthia Cooper, I don't think she has a case, but she didn't win. Like the first four titles, Sue Bird retires from the WNBA. Luca Uh one of my two favorite sons, Luca dropping forty seven on France. Luca was asked the day before who do you think is going to score the most points in EuroBasket? He was like Jiannis and they're like why, He's like, because he's Yiannis. And then Luca dropped forty seven, which is most points anyone has scored in euro basket in sixty five years, second most points ever.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he's the greatest.
Speaker 2: Also, people you know what I'm not even gonna get into the Yiannis commentary from the week. And Albert Pooholtz, who looked cooked the last few years, is now the most devastating hitter in baseball. If he's facing a left handed pitcher, he might get to seven hundred home runs. It is a captivating story, an absolutely captivating story from Maple Woods Community College, right in the outskirts of Kansas City. That's where Woods. You know, maple Woods, Royal Woods is the apartment Royal Woods was the apartments you used to live in a long time ago. By the way, any of our Kansas City listeners, that's true story. And if you know Royal Woods in google Royal Woods. That's why when Demanse says he got it from the dirt, that's what he's talking about. But Albert Boolts not really a Kansaity legend, but I claim him because he went to Maplewood's community college. All right, what I know we're starting with because football starts.
Speaker 3: At day football is officially back. We're dropping the show before Rams Bills. Yeh, super Bowl champs are underdogs at home? Yes, do you feel strongly enough about this game to pick it in our first gambling show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tomorrow we debut the gambling Show. We're actually recording that in about an hour and spoiler alert for that. Yes, I do, and I'm picking the Rams. They are home underdogs. I want to use this so ramslus two and a half of my pick. I don't think the Rams went out right. It wouldn't be shocking if the Bills won. The Bills are really good. But I want to use this time to talk about what's happening with the Buffalo Bills right now, because it is baffling to me. I totally understand why some people would pick the Bills to win the Super Bowl. I understand why people would pick Josh Allen to win League MVP. If you know, if you say I think the Bills are the best team in the AFC, you have a very reasonable stance for that. They had a very good defense last year. I think it was a little They had the number one defensive football last year, but by numbers, not by eye tests. They had nine of their eleven wins were against some of the worst quarterbacks in the league, but still a good defense. Some people think Josh Allen's the best quarterback in football. Everyone, even I agree, he's one of the five best quarterbacks in football. They have Stefan Diggs, like they have Gabe Davis. They have really good players. My issue is they are being treated like the seven Patriots. They are the they are the overwhelming super Bowl favorite. One of the shows on NFL Network, five hosts they gave their Super Bowl picks. All five hosts had the Bulls, the Bulls, the Bills going to and winning the Super Bowl. They are. They are favorites in Los Angeles. So if you're not a big gambler, whatever the points spread is, you got to keep in mind the home team is getting an extra laying an extra three points. So what And so the Bills being two and a half point favorites in LA means if they were playing the Rams on a neutral site, they'd be around five and a half point favorites, right, And if they were playing LA in Buffalo, they'd be eight and a half point favorites. It's insanity and so disrespectful. It's well, it's not just it's not so much about disrespect for the Rams as much as it as it is Vegas. The general public and the media look at the Bills as some like it's the Bills and everyone else they're treating it like it's the Warriors. In twenty seventeen, it just came off a Super Bowl right as opposed. And I just want to give people the history here. Two years ago, the Bills were the two seed. They made the AFC Championship Game. They won twelve games, they lost to the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Last year, the Bills were the three reseed. They won eleven games, They made the Divisional round and lost to the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Now I understand it's devastating fashion the way they lost. Easily could have won that game. But for the it is the AFC is way too deep of a conference for anyone to be the overwhelming favorite. I'm not arguing the Chiefs should be the overwhelming favorite. I do think they're the favorite. But if you came at any time, you're on the side of the bracket in a conference where there could be a credible case made for not two, not three, at least four and maybe five teams to win the conference, because you could make a case for the Bills, the Chiefs obviously, the Bengals who did it last year, the Chargers, who might have the most talented roster in football. Or the Ravens, who were eight and three last year despite all the injuries then Lamar got hurt season went til lost all their secondary There's five teams that I believe could make the Super Bowl out of the AFC, and I'm not even including the Broncos, who a lot of people like. When the conference is that difficult. Nobody should be considered this much of a juggernaut unless they have proven it in years past. And here's my last issue for the Bills this year. Even if they go to Los Angeles tonight and by the time some of you watch or see this, you know they've beaten the Rams by fourteen. My concern for the Bills, in addition to losing Brian Dable, their offensive coordinator, is very simple. There has to be a psychological component. Two two years ago, they were this close to the Super Bowl. They were up two scores on the Chiefs in Arrowhead and then the Chiefs went on a thirty eight to six run like a dominant AAU basketball team and blew them out. Last year, going into the year, the GM, the coach, the players said, we are obsessed with Kansas City. We are building our team to beat Kansas City, they go into Arrowhead, they have a lead with thirteen seconds left, Yeah, and they lose the game. So it's not about me being a Chiefs fan. This is about psychology of sports. I don't think the Bills are going to be fourteen and three, but even if they are, there will still be a hurdle for them. Of man, we've never beaten Mahomes in a big spot, and so I just I think the Bills are really good. I give him way more respect to that game last year. I give Josh Allen tremendous respect. I think them being two and a half point favorites on the road against the defending Super Bowl champions is insane. All right, next, all right?
Speaker 3: Word up. Earlier this week you dropped twenty four ahead. This week, you dropped twenty fourth sweeks in twenty four hours. Previewing the new NFL season, touched on the Cardinals a bit. You said Cliff will.
Speaker 2: Get fired tweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, despite his five year extension, and Arizona only wins seven games, so by that logic, they're definitely getting blown out by your Chiefs this Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, let's let's let's pump the brakes on a blowout. Okay, and it's the NFL, it's not college football. I certainly think the Chiefs are gonna win. It's a road game. Now, the Cardinals don't have new compkins, so that hurts them. But they have been a team that's been excellent early and then fallen off. That's been Kyler's trajectory, that's been Cliff's trajectory. So I'm not I'm not now do I think the Chiefs. I'm very curious to see what type offense the Chiefs are running where If they are, they have maybe the best offensive line in football. They have a big, tall, strong receiving corps, but not as obviously lost the game breaker and Tyreek kill. So do they try to be more of a ball control kind of less explosive but more efficient offense. I think that's in play. So I'm I'm not guaranteeing any type of Chiefs blowout. But I do think the Cardinals are in a division with two awesome teams in the Rams and the Niners. I think they have the worst coach in the division by a mile. I think that I know he just that Cliff just got that extension. I am not as confident in the Cliff Kyler relationship as maybe some people in Arizona or I understand, I'm an outsider there, but they're obviously they're right there, and they're obviously married to Kyler. So if this season goes left on him and they feel like they've got to make a change, and there's a lot of us that have been saying Cliff Kingsbury just keeps failing up. I mean, this guy was had Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech and they couldn't win eight more than eight games. They were under five hundred one year, like there's never He was fired at his alma mater, Texas Tech, and then got an NFL not co ordinating job, head coaching job. So I don't think Cliff's very good and I don't think the Cardinals are gonna have a good season, and so despite the extension, I do think he could be fired or will I guess I said will be fired at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: All right, next, All right, you picked six new teams to make the playoffs this year. Yeah, a few of which were pretty surprising and would force out some favorites. Who is gonna be the biggest surprise this year in your opinion?
Speaker 2: All right, so the six teams I have, so leave this tweet up for a moment if you could. So this is one of the things the media screws up every year, every single year of my life, at least that I can, you know, my even the last call, thirty years, there have been at least four new playoff teams in the NFL. Okay, most years there are five or six. And now there's an expanded field. Sow, how's that gonna change things? So the tweets got a even though I fixed a previous twet, still got a miss Brendan. But that's all right. I call six teams of five teams. I have six teams from last year that made the playoffs out Titans out, Patriots, Raiders, Steelers out. So that's four in the AFC, Cowboys and Cardinals out. So who takes their spot? The Colts win the AFC South in place of the Titans. The Chargers get the second AFC or the first AFC wildcard spot, replacing the Raiders. The Ravens might win that division. They'll replace the Steelers. Even the Steelers doing the division the Vikings. I think in a weaker NFC can make it. And then there's the two surprising ones, the Jags and the Panthers. So those are two terrible teams last year. I think the Jags would be the biggest surprise to people. But I want to talk about Mike Case for both the Jags and the Panthers right now. For the Panthers, it's very simple. They had the worst quarterback situation in football last year. It was Sam Darnold, Cam Newton and PJ Washington. They now have Baker. Now. Is Baker a star? No? But is Baker a more than competent NFL quarterback? Yes? Have we seen that a team can not only make the playoffs but win a playoff game with Bakers it's quarterback? Yes, So that's a massive upgrade.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I am hoping Christian McCaffrey can stay healthy. If he does, he's inarguably one of the three most valuable running backs in football and arguably the best. I like their pieces on defense. I love the schedule. I also am not a buyer on the Saints the way some people are, thanks to Dennis Allen being the head coach and Jamis nice story mediocre player, and the Bucks. I have major questions about like we talked about in last week's gambling show. So the schedule and you get it. Land in that division schedule, not that tough, good defense, huge upgrade at quarterback, weaker conference. Could I see Carolina going nine to eight and getting into the playoffs. I could now to Jacksonville Jacks. I think Trevor Lawrence is going to be a superstar. Right if I'm right about that, this is the year he starts to show that. Now they overpaid at wide receiver. Okay, Christian Kirk, they way overpaid. They have Say Jones, They have Marvin Jones. With that said, he now has legitimate weapons. He also at running back, they spent They drafted Trevor Lawrence number one last year, then they drafted the second round Travis at TN his running back from Clemson at ten got hurt before the season started. They never got to play together last year, so they have that. On offense, they upgraded the offensive line somewhat by adding Shriff from Washington. They spent the number one pick of the draft on a pass rusher, Even if it was kind of a surprising number one pick. A lot of people thought they should have taken Aden Hutchinson fine, defense should be okay. And the biggest difference is urban Meyer was an abject disaster. The team hated him. He seemed to hate the team. He's kicking kickers, he's calling coaches losers even though he hired him. He's skipping team flights doing all this stuff. Uh and by the way, let's let's not the for the it's the that's my opinion. Let's that's a podcast exclusive for and for social folks. Let's not blast out my uh my, that take there. But but it is what it is. It's the truth. The no pun in. Don't want to kick a man when he's down. No pun intend, even though I think you kicked Doug Peterson's legitimate NFL coach. Doug Peterson went to a Super Bowl and won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles as quarterback and Carson Wentz throughout the year. Carson Wentz been been a disaster since then. So in the in the AFC South, where I think Tennessee is gonna take a huge step back, where Houston's obviously still rebuilding with a last play schedule, I think the Jaggs can be the team the Oh my god, where did this team come from team. So those are the two big surprises. And I'm just am I gonna get all these?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Of course not, but I'm so sick of looking at NFL predictions where it's like, hey, in the AFC, what are your picks? And it's like, oh, five of the same seven teams, with the difference being I have the Broncos in for the Raiders and the Ravens in for the Steelers, and then the In the NFC, I have the Cowboys, the Bucks, the Packers.
Speaker 3: The ram It's like casual behavior.
Speaker 2: It's just, but it's not just casual. It also goes against history. It also goes the history says it's not gonna be chalk all right, next, Oh, this one's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So I know, it's football season. We're supposed to dedicate the whole eight block to.
Speaker 2: Just this is worthwhile.
Speaker 3: But Patrick Beverly on Tuesday had a little interview and was questioned by reporters saying, you know, how's it gonna feel to be playing with Anthony Davis and Lebron James And he interrupted and goes, they'll be playing with me. I made the playoffs last year.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: It's a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then the next day he was seeing joking around with Russ around the press and all that good stuff. Is Patrick Beverley joining the Lakers turning into a disaster.
Speaker 2: I hate it so much to mon say, what was your take when you saw this video?
Speaker 3: I thought that, like if there had to be like a previous discussion and given what he said, like, I thought that, you know, he was like, hey, I'm gonna say this, But then I thought like the question was very specific. Yeah, for them to have talked about that, I think he really believes that. In his heart, he really believes he really believes it.
Speaker 2: He really believes it. But how about I got some fun. I understand Patrick Beverly's not a scorer. I understand that's not always there for but he's played six hundred career in NBA games. He has scored twenty points twenty eleven times. He has scored more than twenty five points once in his career, and the career I was twenty six. He says, Oh, you know, everywhere I go, we make the playoffs. Fun fact he was in Houston they never made it out a round two. He then got hurt. They made the conference finals. For the first time since a Keen was there. They then traded him after not making another conference finals for a couple of years, they immediately make the conference finals again. He goes to the Clippers and they're a tough, scrappy team, and then they lose Kawhi Leonard and they make the conference finals. Do you know what Tylo's big adjustment was. He benched Patrick Beverley. And here's the problem. Okay, the lack of self awareness, demanse, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think the lack of self awareness has landed him on the Lakers. I think that if Patrick Beverly didn't have like if he if he wasn't on his usual antics, I don't think any team is like really looking at him like that. I think he's just like another average NBA player.
Speaker 2: That's fair counterpoint. Rudy Gobert was traded. He was traded for nine picks and players. Rudy Gobert is what, at best, the twenty fifth best player in the league, at worst, the thirty fifth best player in the league. Right, we'll call him thirtieth. Patrick Beverly was the eighth most important asset included in a trade for Rudy Gobert. So the NBA, his own team, was like, all right, you have around six percent of the value of the league's thirtieth best player. That team that traded for him, the Jazz. Then the Lakers called him. They're like, hey, we have this kid, Taylor Horton Tucker, and the Jazz were like, oh, the guy who, according to the Nerdy Number player efficiency rating value or replacement player, was the second worst regular play like second worst player in the entire league to get regular minutes last year. They're like, yeah, we want to trade him to you. And that team was like, boy, straight up, one for one, will you do it?
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: And this guy is saying Lebron James arguably the greatest player ever, inarguably one of the three greatest players ever, and Anthony Davis, who's a top seventy five guy in a champion they get to play with me. Yeah, because I made the playoffs last year they didn't. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: You're right. He does seem to be repairing that relationship with Russell Westbrook, which is nice because he just named Palm. Did I am telling you right? So Patrick Beverly, also, I don't know if you remember this when the Clippers got Kawhi and Paul George, Patrick Beverly reportedly said about Steph Curry, he had his time. It's my time, my time, not the Warriors had their run. Now it's Clippers time, my time. When they got Kawi and Paul George. It was in summer League was going on Vegas. Saul lebron James refused to shake his hand, saying, you don't like consort with the enemy.
Speaker 4: This guy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't comprehend like this would. I'm not I'm gonna mix metaphors here a bit, but can you imagine if like there was like some Fox Company party and it's like there's Colin Skipp and Shannon and someone walks up to you and it's like, man, it's pretty cool that you're in this room with these guys, and you're like, you've seen the views on each of our last YouTube videos. Mine did sixty thousand, and theirs are in the twenties at the moment they're in a room with me. I can't believe it, and I'm sorry for that's the meanest thing I've ever said to you. I just compared to Patrick Beverly, and I mean it good. October twenty fifth is the day he's eligible to be traded. I'm so far out on the Beverly you gotta trade us. And then, because you know what's gonna happen, there's gonna be a moment that because Lebron. Listen, Lebron does tend to if there's a defensive laps, even if it's on Lebron, do the little like look around like and Beverly's gonna bark back and leb it might be the Lebron's first scandal of his he might strike this myths. I can't believe the team that I currently root for employees, Patrick Beverly. It's such a bummer.
Speaker 3: He's a crazy We'll be right back time.
Speaker 2: Great for a segment, buddy, awesome. That's fun. And I'm glad we know the Beverly thing got you, got you more involved, you know what. I'm also really excited for before you get to the show that and I know you said you might start working at the restaurant again, like on the weekends, a little extra money, you know, see something get out of the house, which I respect. But for the first time in forever, you're you and I are gonna be able to watch football together on Sundays in forever, like even they even if you pick up some shifts at the restaurant, like you and I have been able to sit and watch football together in years in Houston.
Speaker 3: Was probably like the last time it was.
Speaker 2: And you didn't really care about it. You were, you know, you were basketball where I'm going to the wreck. I was going to the wreck and then walking out the back door of the wreck and hanging out with his friends, and then I went and picked them up, like, oh boy, another seven hour baskets. I mean, I would imagine I don't know this to be true, but I mean, you were. You were a great basketball player, but not as great as seven hours at day at the wreck would imply. I was just like, ah, yeah, okay, sure, wreck and then burger king after Okay.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Kanavami. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Time Video demons.
Speaker 2: How are we starting the second segment?
Speaker 3: We are starting with Nick's tennis corner.
Speaker 2: You're damn straight.
Speaker 3: We are has a long time tennis historian, I can say this is really this is really a great US Open.
Speaker 2: It's been unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Francis tiafo Is in the semifinals for.
Speaker 2: How about this? Just real quick? First Black American to make the semifinals of the US Open in fifty years since Arthur Ash, for whom the stadium is named after at the US Open. Oh how about that? But go ahead?
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, that's that's great For a tennis historian such as myself, I don't know that. It was a great match last night that kept you up pretty late. Yep, and you and your boy Nick Kurios lost his mind after he lost. What's the best story of this tournament?
Speaker 2: Okay, so a few things. Then we'll get the last night's match. Because so we'll get the last night's match. In a moment, Serena is the story. And I was at her final match of course, uh that was Friday night. It was unbelievable, but at this point that's a week old. People know that, and the Serena is the story. Nadal getting bounced, Djokovic not getting vaccinated, Medvedev getting bounced opened it up for Curios, and then Kurios melted down. I mean, Curios has Medvedev's number. He's four and one now in his career against Medvedev beat him pretty convincingly a few days ago, and then yesterday melted down and blew it. Tiafo, who was this unbelievable prospect who couldn't quite put it together, but is so good when he's on and all of a sudden has one hundred and thirty mile an hour serve, one hundred and thirty mile an hour serve. He looks like he absolutely could win it. But then there's the winner from last night, who is the next face of tennis, Alcarez, nineteen year old Spanish kid. So the match last night that I stayed up for five is the second longest match in.
Speaker 3: The youth that you stayed up for.
Speaker 2: I watched check my tweets. I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I thought you were playing poker last night. So no, Mom went out and she did her thing, and my sisters were sleeping, and I was sitting there like watching them while playing Call of Duty. I thought you went to go play poker. Was the tennis match on at the place that you were playing poker at?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I was still watching.
Speaker 3: Because I mean you said stayed up late like you were. I stayed and you were able to go to sleep at the poker tournament.
Speaker 2: No, all right, Yes, the news schedule for the TV show has allowed me to have a bit more of a you know, vibrant night life.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, Yeah, so I was at a card game till three point thirty in the morning. But the card game, I was watching the tennis match. Okay, the second longest match in US Open history, and it was again. Alcarez wins. The first set, is up a tripull break and triple set point in the second set to go up two sets to nothing, blows it and they get to deuce. He then has another set point in the second set, blows it and Sinner wins, so now it's one set to one set. Third set. They get to a tiebreak again, so six game, six games, it's a race to seven. Loses the tie break, seven nothing, seven straight points for center, and it's like, oh my god, he's gonna lose. Fourth set. Cinner has a match point. Win this point, you win the match Alchaz saves it, wins the set, then wins the fifth set convincingly. Has did you see the behind the back shot? No, hold on, I have to show you this. I absolutely have to show you this, because it is he didn't even win this point, demonse, but this is this guy. Hold on, I look at this. You're not gonna be able to hear it, but just watch what he does. Shut it. Sorry for the audio there, and I, oh, yeah, it's unbelievable what this guy can do. This has been as good of a tournament as I can remember. No Nadal the last week, Djokovic doesn't show Serena's only plays three matches and it's still so compelling. So listen, my pick Coco lost the other day. My picks went down in flames. Yeah, it's hard to pick one hundred and twenty eight men and one hundred and twenty eight women. It's hard to pick the winners I had Coco and Nadal and either even made the semis. Okay, my bat, but I am so enthralled by it. Can I say one more tennis thing before remove on because we have to hit time today. I beg of you, Is it the USTA? Whoever puts on the US Open? I think it's USTA. Can you please move the US Open back one week? Because there is nothing more illogical than the US Open, which is the culmination of the season of tennis, having its men's final in the afternoon of the first NFL Sunday of the year. It's so dumb, it's so silly. Move it back one week, you A, then we'll get more people watching, or at the very least, if you don't want to do that, put it on Sunday night so you're only up against one NFL game and you can you know a lot of you will multi screen whatever. But if you do that, you're still what you're losing out on. Is any chance at any sports show on the Tennis channel or my guy Mad Dogs radio show talks about you on Monday, We're all gonna be talking NFL the whole time. College football's figured this out. They try to have some monster games the weekend before the NFL starts, and they're all not even playing on Sunday. They're playing on Saturday. So it has been unbelievable when I feel really happy that tennis is in good hand. Sinner's only twenty one. He played great yesterday, and Alkarez could end up being a legend if he wins the US Open at nineteen and he's the favorite. Well, I can't say he's the favorite right now, because the other thing is tomorrow. He's got to play Tiafo and a TFO pardon me, and you do worry that playing the second longest match in US Open history at night, that he is he gonna have any legs left, so TFO could win it. The whole thing's great. I hope the winner of TFO Akarez wins the whole thing. All right, now, let's go very fast here.
Speaker 3: It's time for two wrongs. Run right, let's get it. Lamar Jackson, the Ravens reportedly still far apart from contract commands, according to Ian Rappaport, how will this affect his play positively, negatively, or not at all?
Speaker 2: All right, I do wonder if this gets done, maybe even gets done before people see this. But probably not. I think the answer is going to be not at all. There is a chance it affects him negatively just in this regard. Part of what makes Lamar so devastating is he plays with such a reckless abandon and his style. Could it even subconsciously, could he play a little more cautiously right, throw the ball away instead of run?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And maybe the Ravens want him to play that way, but it's not what is their best chance of winning each individual game when he doesn't have the one hundred and fifty million locked right. So I don't think it's gonna be positive. It's probably gonna be not at all. But if it was gonna if you only gave me, it's either gonna help him or hurt him, I would say hurts more likely.
Speaker 3: Next three of the most historic franchises in the NFL are having questions at quarterback. Who benches their current starter first, Pittsburgh with Mitch Trubisky, San Francisco with Trey Lance, or the Giants with Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely not San Francisco with Trey Lance. It's definitely not. I don't really look at Mitch Trubisky as the Steelers starter. He is, but they he's a stopgap. They drafted a guy in the first round. That guy, Kenny Pickett, played well in the preseason. I think it's Mitch Trubisky is just holding onto that job for a month until I think that's inevitable. So the answer is Trubisky. But I do think Daniel Jones gets binched this year eventually as well. And that's real benching. That's a guy they spent a top ten pick on. It's supposed to be their guy, and they're gonna have to turn the page on next.
Speaker 3: Sometimes preseason storylines matter, Sometimes they don't. Which storyline will matter in a month. Roger has no Rogers has no receivers, Patriots offensive line in disarray, offense in disarray, Tom Bradley, and Tom Brady's personal life.
Speaker 2: All right, I think these could be three rights. Okay, I think they all could matter. But if I'm gonna power rank them, I'm gonna say the one that's gonna matter the least is whatever tom Brady is going through. I think he'll be able to compartmentalize. I think the one that will matter the next lease or second, I should say, is Rogers wide receivers. Listen, DeVante Adams is awesome and he had a very special on the field relationship with him, and I think he's gonna miss him. But he's also Aaron Rodgers. I think he'll make do. But it's going to matter. The Patriots offense is gonna be a show all year, and it's going to I think they're gonna win six.
Speaker 3: Games, seven games with Patriots. Sorry, all right, since our last Since our last part, Donovan Mitchell has traded not to the Knicks though, but to the Calves. Who won this trade? The Jazz? The Calves or the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Oh, listen, I think the Jazz came in last of these. Again, I'm gonna power rank them. Sorry, I know it's not the case the segment, uh I would I don't like what was reportedly the knicks best offer was a far better return than the one the Jazz got. And you're gonna have Knicks draft picks than Calves draft picks because the Caves have Darius Garland, Evan Mobley and in two years they might have bron and Browny set them aside. So I think the cat the Jazz lost it. I think the Knicks, though, came out okay, because I think it would have been crazy what that initial offer was reported of r J. Grimes three unprotected firsts. That's that's too much for Donovan mitchellhen you already have Jalen Bronson. But the real winners are the Calves. Donovan Mitchell provides exactly what they need. Mobley and Jared Allen will be able to cover up the defensive deficiencies. And now you have four legit ant, high level rote starters. Garland is an all star, Donovan Mitchell's approven score, Mobiley's gonna be a superstar, and Jared Allen's nice piece. They just the only spot they don't have a small forward. Only there was a small forward, then two years could be available. And if only they had a draft picked the year, the one draft pick they didn't trade is the year it'd be Brown. He's one and done year intriguing little part three for Lebron year twenty two, that would be Cleveland. It'd be unbelievable, all right.
Speaker 3: Last Katie was rated in ninety six in NBA two K twenty three and took to Twitter to call it Ronnie two K Katie is actually mad being sincere. Where is a Twitter genius.
Speaker 2: He's a Twitter genius, and he's actually mad at two K.
Speaker 3: I think he is.
Speaker 2: I think he's by the way, is not your screw up.
Speaker 3: I had no idea that that was up there.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, you did this right. Is not your screw up. I'm gonna ask our producers what's the difference between being sincere and actually mad. I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonna go ahead and say one of those actually mad being sincere should be being sarcastic, being sarcastic. But that's all right, you know what, we we read what's on the screen. We're just trained monkeys over here. Just read what's on the screen. But the so, I think he actually is mad, but there's I'm gonna tell KD why he's not ninety go ahead, he's actually mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no way he got swept in the freaking playoffs this here in the first round and is questioning his six.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, and I love two K. I'm in the game. But uh, they've got it, guys. They took They were a little cowardly with the rankings this year because they put Lebron, Katie Steph Embiid and one other person.
Speaker 3: Klay Thompson kind of dirty.
Speaker 2: But they put all five of those guys tied at ninety six and then Jannis at ninety seven. Y's best player in the league, yoah should be But why are they they all bunched uff like that? And the answer is because they have to protect the sacred cow that is Michael Jeffrey Jordan. He's on the cover, so he ninety nine and we can't even have anyone in ninety eight because got you and nobody's even close. So now the top is ninety seven and then it's all bunched. But listen, the Giannis has to be the highest ranked player in the game. Katie's tied for second. He should be happy.
Speaker 3: I bet Shaquille o'neils on ninety nine as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If Jordan's in ninety nine, then I bet Shack's in ninety eight. All right, we'll be right back, all right, welcome back in when we need to clock here very quick, final C block, because if I'm being totally honest, we got another show to record, and I have a TV show to do, and I have a meeting to go to. This a lot going on, gonna be very fast somebody. People have been tweeting to me, demanse what happened to my haircut? I got the haircut. I didn't get it as boldly as I said I was gonna get it. But as you can see, I'll turn my head a bit. The sides are shaved down a bit, not quite. I don't know if you can see from this angle, but let me turn this way see if people can see it. I did get the haircut. Now this is really terrible television or YouTube. You can see it a little bit right there. So I got the haircut. The new TV studio's dope, the new FS one lineup's great, and this football season it's all good. All happy. Hope you've enjoyed today's show. Coming up tomorrow on this feed, we're gonna make you money. We are going to be the best NFL gambling pod there is. There's a million of them. Here's what I hear. Here's how I ask you to judge them. Not what I have the most bells and whistles, not even what is the most entertaining. Listen. We try to be entertaining during the regular shows. During our special edition shows. We have a purpose and a goal. During the top fifty players last fifty years. That was a history book in audio and video.
Speaker 3: Your form.
Speaker 2: We're trying to you know, wow you We were trying to teach you things. You know what we're trying to do on the Friday pods. Make you some money. We're trying to just just get winners, winning weeks, just winning week after winning week. That's the goal. Talk to you that tomorrow and see you there.