Speaker 1: All right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton watch Bay to La, come on to California day from Owy the Valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 3: We gonna tell you how are we goals?
Speaker 1: If I lie my nose will girl like Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. Gangs the Chronic Goals. This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't, Big Change and big steels the streets.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles for my Apple users, hit the purple micae on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles. Leave a start rating the comment with shaking poor chops of bacon. It's another episode of the Gangst Chronicles, and you know what it is. I'm with my dude. I don't even know why we make these introductions every week. Man Like, people don't know it's us. Yeah shit, they just they like to hear the shit. I guess, like, well, I am big stealing im with my homeboy. He goes by Jed every week. But y'all know him as m C eight. You know what it is, you know, m C eight rap phenomenon, rap legend. He don't like seeing it. That's why I like fucking with him all the time because he don't like that. He likes to be a regular motherfucker. But he not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just we just regular, man. Oh no, you you you you far from regular. You far from regular. That really bother you when motherfucker's be calling you a legend and all that shit. Nah, I come with your territory. You know, you gotta expect it from fans. I just don't be uh, you know, a nigga.
Speaker 3: Don't be trying to.
Speaker 4: I guess, get clout with that shit or you know, special treatment, you know. I you know. But like I said, fans gonna be fans. So you know, you gotta have let people you know, you know, especially when they spending money on your product and they been doing it for years, so it can't debate with fans.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of stuff going on I guess this Tory Lane shit just won't go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I saw a little something about that shit. Yeah, it's a lot of shit been going on, man.
Speaker 1: Well apparently his drivers came out now and said that the girl actually had the gun. I'll bet you Tory sitting up the zeil like damn man, you just decided to say this shit that the fire has been locked up all this time.
Speaker 3: You gotta wonder why.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's a lot of that going around, you know, people that uh, the criteria of what motherfuckers claimed, you know, snitching and holding information or not holding information or telling or not telling. Well, the spectrum is very wide today.
Speaker 1: The spectrum is very very wide, man. You know, twenty twenty three don't been a trip though. Year. I just remember keethy D coming up to the mansion and it was one of those things to where I didn't want to interview him, man, because I kind of knew it was gonna be some shit down the line, and I didn't really want to have nothing to do with none of that stuff. I didn't want to have no footage Subpoanut or none of that other stuff. Was he was talking about some deep stuff. You remember, that, Brian, don't you. He came up there and we sat in the backyard and he kind of just broke down what happened with everything, And I was kind of telling him back then, I see a dude, do you think it's wise for you to be going around just kind of talking about this shit because it ain't no statue with limitations on murder dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what that.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, sometimes he's supposed to you know, secrets is supposed to die with you.
Speaker 3: But fortunately in this day and age of of where we are.
Speaker 4: As far as, like I said, wanting to become famous, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of a lot of niggas who.
Speaker 4: Who's supposed to follow that street code of you know, being real hood so to speak, you know, especially from uh the walks of life where we come from, camped in La whatever, those those neighborhood spots. You're supposed to follow a code. But yeah, today everybody want to be famous.
Speaker 1: You get me?
Speaker 3: Said that what a thousand times? A thousand times?
Speaker 4: Motherfardy's comfortable with being just regular today. Man, So you know, from the gangster of gangster motherfuckers today will be like shit, don't give me a podcast or interview or story going or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, motherfuckers want to be famous. Dog.
Speaker 4: Definitely, the elevation of clout chasing is you just see it every day with everything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You could just go on your you know, everybody got phones and lap laptops or tablets or whatever, and this shit is crazy because you can see shit every day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is just turn on your power up your phone or your laptop or your tablet or whatever. And if you go to those social media sites with motherfuckers, is you know, trying to be known? Oh you gonna see a motherfucker guaranteed you get me.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: Like I said that, the level of the regular motherfucker is elevated today.
Speaker 3: You can't be a regular motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't, motherfucker. You know what though, Man, I come from this right here. Even people trying to determine what snitch and nails is just Q right now, like you have people saying just certain things. You know, everything is snitching out right or definitely to me with snitching is this me and you decide to hop a gate and you get away, and I just come out and say, well, you know what, eight did it because I want you know, I don't want to take my punishment, so to speak. You know, to me that snitching dog. You know, the rules ain't never been so clear. I mean, if you want to really.
Speaker 4: Take it to a certain extent of the code from the neighborhood, you know what I'm saying. You know what that is? Shit, that's fucking nigga. If we gonna do some dirt, you get caught, you shut your fucking mouth.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 4: That That's how it's always been perceived with the snitching aspect as far as my day of banging and shit. Neighborhood shit, you get caught. You know about about serious shit, you get me. That's just whatever line it may come to. You know, who had the work, who pulled the trigger? You know, nigga, that just just anything. You get me. You don't tell. When you got a motherfucking co defended and y'all you know on some same shit, y'all did a drive bo together, y'all sold some work together. You know, you don't tell. You take your you know, if that nigga got away, whatever the case may be, you just don't rat.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Everything today is ratting.
Speaker 4: You feel me?
Speaker 1: You know what? Man, this is one of the things right here, right, This is the thing about it is. Man, You got a bunch of young cats. Now they used to call everything snickching, right right, you know everything snickching. Your mama call a police on somebody else. She rated his mama rap. First of all, we gotta get some stuff clear. If you are a civilian, you are incapable of being a rap. If you a mother, a regular dude to go to nine to five, you don't do no crime, You're supposed to call a police somebody breaking your house. You feel what I'm saying. That's just what it is you do. Now. If you're a criminal, if you belong to the underworld and you going out doing crime, you're supposed to keep your motherfucking mouthshit. When I was doing my thing, if I would have got caught doing what I was doing, I would have had to accept them consequences and go do my time. Definitely, and go do my time. It wasn't up to me to telling nobody else. You gotta kind of you gotta you know what I'm saying. You can't go in there decide to eat she'ese the last minute. Because everybody is accountable for what they do. Every man is accountable for what they do in the game.
Speaker 4: It's like I said, with social media being involved and everybody wants to be in front of the camera now, it's just takes in it to a different level of what motherfuckers claim snitching is. You know, shit, you got motherfucking so called hood niggas who want to be more you know, famous than being so called hood nigga today And I ain't gonna knock a nigga for won't it's changed his lifestyle. But it's just crazy how you know, we have this code in the streets of what you're supposed to and what you're not supposed to be when you claiming to be gangster.
Speaker 1: And everybody breaking it every day. I just saw some shit man, and I ain't gonna say this dude's name because I don't like getting the habit of saying people's names that they just need an excuse. It was this cat man. He was just going in on this well known blogger, like going in on them all the time. Anyway, he has a little incident to where he gets shut or whatever, he gets shut guess whose platform he pops up on. He pops up on this same platform, and he been talking mess about this dude the whole time. And I just sit back and look at it. Man. I think people we in the age of the era. We in the era right now, man, to where if somebody said, hey, man, if you suck your mama's titty on life, you go get a million views, You go get it, You'll go five hundred thousand likes, you'll go viral.
Speaker 4: I think people will do it, man. I'll be like I said, you see some crazy shit on on these social media sites.
Speaker 3: Man, where like I.
Speaker 4: Said, mama's and and mama's and daddies and cousins and brothers and nigg motherfucker, won't they shot at the limelight.
Speaker 1: The whole family is in on it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: It's like waking up and being a normal motherfucker. Then even to the nigga in the street, just being a regular nigga in the street ain't enoughing no more.
Speaker 1: It ain't, man, you know what It's become. Almost like I'm gonna give you a prime example. You know I've always had and I think I've let it be known this show that I've always had regular stuff that I've done outside the show, right. I got like a little company, man, to where we distribute little beverages and stuff like that. You know, we distribute beverages. I got some money in this other little trucking thing. I've always thought that like being in the world of entertainment. One thing that has shown me, man, that everything ain't guaranteed. Oh definitely. I like having another means of income, and that's how I've always been able to sustain what it is I got. I ain't never had no problem playing my house, noe. I ain't never had no cars getting told from in front of my yard. I've always had some kind of money. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't get rich per se off these other businesses, but they sustain theyself right.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So I was out one day, man, I was checking up on some stuff with one of my partners, man, and I saw a dude that enjoyed the show. And the first thing he said, Man, you are real dude. Uh you really be y'all here? I said, yeah, Man, I'm a real law I'm a man first and foremost form anything else. I don't look at myself as a dude that's too good to do stuff. I talk to you all the time, ate about a little different investment opportunities. Or definitely, I'm too scared to fuck with the crypto shit, you know what I'm saying. So I'd rather go out and buy a truck now, man, or invest in some other business. It's more a little bit more tangible. But first of all, I don't know enough about the crypto stuff. I wouldn't mind getting into it. I've been talking to the homeboy shout out Willie d WILLI d been telling me a little bit about it, But I think, man, you know, I ain't bother them like that. I can't go out and lose fifteen to twenty grand or some shit.
Speaker 4: We you know when I guess when you when you used to getting your money in the streets, changing over to the legal side, you get skeptical about what you because you already know what the work gonna do, or you ain't know what the prices is, how much you get for whatever, and how you can get your product off. But you know, when you start getting into the legal field and investing in trying to figure out your way to go, it's always skeptical, especially if You're a nigga who you know is tight with your bread. You know, you want to make sure your shit is sustainable for your family in the long run. And like you said, you ain't gonna be back to the block trying to do crazy shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep them bills paid.
Speaker 1: Because I've had opportunities even with that man, And it's just me being the age I am now. A It's way different man that when you're fifty two dog firstus you being nineteen twenty twenty one years old. Man, Oh, definitely know what I'm saying. And don't get me wrong, I've had thoughts just like it. I'm steal a man. I've had thoughts like, man, shoot, I can go do this now, but I think that game is I think that game is dead now though though it's some niggas still, you know, pushing, But you know, we come along with that man, more so with the money. Man, it's the time and just because when you jump back off into that shit like that, though, you are going to have to set the tone with a motherfucker dog. You go have niggas just go want to play with you. Definitely, you have people that go want to play with you in in that game right there. You can't play. You can't play no games. You gotta be no nonsense because if you play games with their shiit, you can lose your shirt, maybe even lose your life.
Speaker 4: I mean, because you gotta you know, it's it's still motherfuckers out there buying and still motherfucker's out there using. So you know it's some niggas still you know, heavy off into the game and lucrative.
Speaker 3: You know, some niggas that don't want to be.
Speaker 4: Celebrities and shit and whatever and in social media or whatever. Uh, but you gotta, you gotta wonder what's on the mind state of well nigga, you know, who still gotta get his bread? Like I said, I don't know because I, like I say, every day, I try to speak for niggas who's still in the struggle, is what I'll say. You know what I'm saying, because unfortunately they haven't found the way out of the underworld, so to spind And there's some niggas who like, fuck this shit it is. You know that ain't nothing better. I know me and you don't talk about opening up a dispensary. Yeah, you know, we've talked about opening up dispensaries and stuff like that. I just think, man, that there are a bunch of options right now the where you don't necessarily have to go out and take penitentiary chances. Man, I know, for a minute, the trucking industry was real good, but now it's not like it was. It's not like it was back let's say, maybe ten years ago.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. There's a lot of stuff involved with that, man. You know, it's a lot of price cutting going on with that right now, a lot of dudes doing stuff.
Speaker 4: For cheap or definitely definitely shit. You're gonna try to beat the next motherfucker. That's I guess that's what happens in business. You know what I'm saying. You try to stay afloat or on top of some shit for a while, but uh, let's face it, the next nigga gonna get into it.
Speaker 3: Then another nigga gonna get into.
Speaker 4: It next you like you, like you said, it was lucrative and used to be the shit. You know, everybody was copping trucks and shipping and all that shit. Next day, you know, shit, I know a few homies who then came about the neighborhood who you know, got into the truck and thing.
Speaker 3: Everything gets saturated at one time.
Speaker 1: Well, what happens is this bro especially with our people, if we see something that's lucrative, and I'm gonna tell you the funny thing about it, nobody ever has an ideal. All we see sometimes black people, we see everything as a get rich quick skin or I'm gonna come up off of that if it's podcast and I'm gonna go do that because I heard such sex made a bag up off of this. It don't work like that, man. It's a lot of work to go into this shit. Man, I don't think people understand it. It's a lot of work and it's not the stuff that pays is not actually the stuff that think people pay. A lot of people think that the it's all about the video, right because they hear about people making millions of dollars on YouTube. That ain't necessarily true. Audio pays the most money, right. Audio pays the most money by far, because with video, unless you're controlling your own destiny kind of so to speak, YouTube can cut your water off anytime they want to. If they decide that you you know, oh, they're doing too much curse. They could to monetize that video. Oh it looked like he's smoking a joint. Oh, we go to monetize that motherfucker. But with that audio room, they pay some pretty good money. Bro, they pay some really, you know, it's really good money. Man. And everything that make money ain't necessarily easy to attain. And then we don't do it. A lot of we don't do enough researching this stuff. We got to do your homework when you jump into something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sh it's just like you know, we we will, we will copy a lot of shit that we see U. Unfortunately, you grow up in the hood. You see the big time drug dealer. Everybody think that they can sell a sack. You got ten niggas on the corner trying to serve the one car. The first nigga saw the rap game, as you know, nigga, fuck that shit.
Speaker 3: Nigga rapping the nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm a hustle.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Look how many hustler niggas so to speak, and hood niggas.
Speaker 3: Are rapping now?
Speaker 4: You give me because oh shit, nigga, that's the shit you know, or or or they figure out I ain't gotta stand on the corner, nigga. I'm gonna go stand in the booth and talk some shit. Everybody else doing it.
Speaker 1: I hate to tell them, man, they about probably thirty years too late for that shit. Tho.
Speaker 3: Same thing with the podcast game.
Speaker 4: This is about niggas see a few niggas doing this shit, and then niggas go, okay, well them niggas doing it, and then show and so got it. And then next thing, you know, you just start seeing all kinds of niggas popping up with little shows. Fuck it, nigga, let me give me a microphone in the video camera. Now you see, you know, the average ass nigga. Now like, fuck it, everybody, nigga, i'ma doing me a podcast in my kitchen.
Speaker 1: And Ship, let me ask you this. And I keep trying to remember, Brian, we first started this twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen. It's almost twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Only only only Ship.
Speaker 4: That's you know, it's like everybody can try some shit, you know, that's what.
Speaker 1: You got, that's the worthy of it. Yeah, you gotta put the work.
Speaker 4: Uh, everybody can try to set you know, everybody can try to slang dope. Don't mean you're gonna be a successful don't mean you're gonna be Tony Montana. You give me, it might be a motherfucker stuck on the block selling dimes and doves and ship the rest of your day.
Speaker 1: That's really a question relates to that.
Speaker 5: Like I recently saw a clip of Kanye West.
Speaker 1: On stage with.
Speaker 5: His daughter daughter got Something.
Speaker 1: I was good.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm looking forward to hear the song. Well, we know there's rappers out there that have kids that are rapping, and we know do you decide they have no business rapping? Are we scared to say that the music is not good out of respect to the parent?
Speaker 1: H Hey to answer that one, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 4: Rather I and I don't speak on people's kids.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: But just in that sense, you got a lot of niggas who are nutswingers, you give me. I'm just keeping real. You got a lot of niggas who are untourage affiliated or wanna bees or whatever, And a lot of niggas don't have the courage or the nuts to say, man, that shits. Really, don't you know? I don't think niggas are scared to voutvoice their opinions. For what they might, you know, or a nigga might not let me backstage no more, or a nigga might not, you know, take me on tour no more, or a nigga might not be my friend and cut me off on Twitter or not follow me anymore or do anything. That's the nature of what's become and what niggas feel like like they can't voice their opinion. Like niggas just it's just it's just my opinion from what I'm thinking. And no disrespect to your your your kid, your homeboy, your even you in the sense you get me. It was a nigga who will sit right there with you and knowing God damn well.
Speaker 3: That ship is garbage is.
Speaker 4: Hell and sit up there and I'm gonna pump that ship a nigga when the nigga go out. What you think, my nigga, that's your heart as motherfucker nigga. That's it right there. And then you know where throw at home as a parent. If my son, you know what's funny is my son he had some rap songs. You know, he hang out with some little young reference. It's kind of popping right right and he's doing you know, his football is his thing for sure, you know what I mean, that's his thing. But he's always rapped on the side and did his little thing. So he was telling me he had a song, right, but it was scared to let me hear because he knows I'm gonna keep it all the way one hundred. I'm gonna tell him, man, that shit is garbage. You gotta be if you love somebody, you have to be trueful.
Speaker 1: Right. Of course he's not a little kid, no more to worry you know. You look, he had draw some shit to look like scribble scrabble, and you tell him, oh, that's cute, and you hanging up on the refrigerator, right, I would tell my kids if something was garbage. Not The song he played for me actually happened to be decent. But I told him. I was just like, man, you know what, that's tight man and everything, but it ain't no money in this shit. You're making more money doing.
Speaker 4: What you're doing now, you having a kid and having sons.
Speaker 3: This is something mob.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I've been asked a few times as far as your kids or whatever is concerned, or your people whatever. You growing up took a different walk of life, so you coming up having kids, is it your duty to not subject your kids to what you went through? If it's possible, Oh, if it's possible. I think we both have tried to make our children's life easier. But now I'm gonna tell you this now, Okay, did Chris ever or any of your sons, did they ever go through a stage to where they felt like they wanted to go backwards than where you were as far as established as you know, I'm a decent man. Now, I'm not selling dope. I'm not on the block. Did they go through that situation of feeling like I want to be that?
Speaker 1: Though? You know what, now, my sons never went through the extreme, especially my oldest son. My oldest son has always been squeaky, squeaky clean. Okay, my daughter, she's all of my kids have been squeaky clean. But my middle son and my daughter they had a tendency to want to hang around more of the hood people. And I think that's because, you know, when Chrisphers started playing ball, I didn't want him playing ball where we live at I didn't want him playing If I had to do all over again, I'll have take his ass the Orange County to play somewhere he wouldn't be hanging out with none of them dudes. Not that I don't love them kids. I love them kids, right, but they kind of leaned a little bit toward the you know, the dudes that was banging and doing their thing whatever. Right, you know what I'm saying. That's just that's just who they hung out with.
Speaker 4: Of a kid playing in Orange County after he's playing in Compton or Paramount exactly.
Speaker 1: And I wanted him and I wanted him around those kids because they had an egg to him. I didn't want him playing with no wenies. You feel what I mean? Because the first year we played, we played in Downey Man and when I tell you, man, them kids was softest medicated Cotton Man, softest medicated cotton And I said this the last year we do this. But me, knowing what I know now, I don't think it would have made a difference who he would have played. What he was probably still turned out to be who he was because he was pretty dominant then. He probably would have been dominant over there. And you know, come to find out, Orange County had some pretty good players. You know, they have some really good players, man, And I think you have to. I don't think you can hide your kids from what's going on out in the streets though, right. I think you gotta be very realistic about it. The one thing I am glad about, though, is that all my kids are prepared and they know how to handle theyself in any situation. You feel what I'm saying. It's not like, oh my god, they go to the hood or whatever, they get scared. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But why do you think privileged kids want to go backwards and be.
Speaker 1: They want excitement? Man, they think they're missing something. What I've discovered as a parent, the more you hire something from your kids, the more they go want to do it. Think about it like that. That's way more. It looks exciting because you know, you listen to these bullshit ass rap songs, and you listen to all this It sounds fun, It sounds glamorous until your ass is actually in the mix of that shit. Then you be wishing you was back in them suburbs.
Speaker 4: It puzzles me the do you think your son ever want to fuck around on that wild side?
Speaker 3: I mean I did the same shit. You know.
Speaker 4: I've seen homies whose sons or kids had to basically following their footsteps because of the neighborhood cold. You know, some kids just do that from day one. Oh my dad was from so and so, so I'm automatically just started claiming I'm from so and So. I think because Karan grew up in a different area, he never was subject to going to you know, he didn't have to go to those you know, those elementaries and junior highs and you know, and like I said, I came from that. So it wasn't that it was fine to me because that's what I grew up in. But knowing what I went through as a kid or a teenager, I don't think I wanted to subject a young man to that. You get me, knowing the walks of shit that you gotta go through growing up in the hood.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: Karen didn't have to see none of that shit, but he knew I participated in the shit. He saw the movies and he was a kid who parents who grew up in Compton, So he took trips to Compton every weekend and he was able to see, Oh, it's nigga's gang banging and niggas be shooting and drive buying, and you know, he saw the cars passing buying the niggas with the crazy looks and the hands signals and shit. So I think that made him go, I don't want to do that. But you know, as they start growing up and they hit they thirteens and fourteens, you know, they start growing a little hair on their nuts. So I don't think he necessarily starts did claiming like, oh, I'm from here, I'm from there, but they start feeling like they a little edgy. Or my pops was from Compton, and they used to say cuz or you know, so you might catch them, you know, in conversations slaying cuz every now and then, or blood every now and then because they hearing and they thinking that shit is hip, but they don't know nothing about it. I remember one time I'm driving, I don't know where the fuck I was. I was in I was in Corona actually coming from somewhere. Finn go to the homie spot, and I see three kids walking down the street. Right, so they walking, they see him. I'm driving by, so when I passed by, they decide they want to hit me up right.
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of funny.
Speaker 4: So I go to the corner and busterter you on him, turn back on him, and pull up in somebody driveway and cut him off. And I jump out the car and I say where y'all from? And you see one of them was finna take off running, but they just stood there and they big eye they looking.
Speaker 3: At me, and I'm like, y'all gang bang.
Speaker 4: And one of them was like, oh this and that, and I'm saying, what you do play sports? He was like, yeah, I play basketball, and I go to this high school and won't he won't. I said, let me tell y'all something. Y'all three black kids, you know whatever. Whatever I said, let me tell you something. Don't be doing that shit. You fuck w lose your mind, say you fuck around and hit up the wrong car, I said, because I'm finna tell you in the wrong spot to be thinking that you're in a privileged area to where you thinking what I'm somebody dad or something that you gonna hit me up. I buster you turn on a nigga so quick, because you don't want to get into that lifestyle, Like I said, some dudes, you know, living in those privileged areas, not ever running into those kind of confrontations.
Speaker 1: You probably say them little nigga's life.
Speaker 4: You'd have been anywhere anyway. It would have been anywhere inner city. You probably would have got shot at, jumped, beat up, anything.
Speaker 3: And this took a car from you exactly.
Speaker 4: So I felt it was my I felt it was my duty to, uh, let me try to stray you away from that lifestyle you thinking you want to get into, because let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Think because it ain't know all of this cracked up to.
Speaker 4: Be, because we done pulled up on niggas in certain situations and it ain't been no get out and conversate with a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you could lose your life. You could lose your life. You know what, man, I've always taught my kids this, Like I've told my son, you give more opportunities being a nice, square, straight laced motherfucker than you ever would be in the hood. Ass nigga like lead as the lone. That shit is for the birds. Fuck would a motherfucker think. I've learned as I've got older, man to really become nice and even tempered to where even if somebody says something to me, man, as long as they not putting their hands on me because with a lot of these situations, people this all this online shit is an ect. Don't nobody really want no smoke.
Speaker 4: As far as the online shit go, right, I mean, you see, you see a lot of it, and then you see, like you said, a lot of motherfuckers online picking shoes. So I think a lot of the shit got to do with just this new era of being a celebrity or a star or whatever. It's just a different walk of life from what I'm used to. That's why I guess, you know, the podcasting game and all that was kind of slow to me in the beginning, because.
Speaker 3: I'm a type of nigga who would.
Speaker 4: Walk into the club and put my back against the wall and not say shit to niggas and just stand there all night and just watch and how motherfuckers be all just I've always been like that, from the from the backyard neighborhood party days to just it was a certain cold niggas didn't do when niggas used to ask me, you know why you never got into other movies and why you didn't do this, because I used to tell niggas because I ain't no joke. I don't I'm not like I grew up like real life shit, niggas shooting at you and you know, niggas trying to sell dope to survive, and you know, so.
Speaker 3: I really didn't get into.
Speaker 4: That's why when I tell niggas I don't want to be recognized as some motherfucking rap legend nigga or some shit like that, is because I hard life really existed, you feel me, and just to be able to not you know, some of the homies died, some of my niggas in prison, you know, twenty thirty years. It's a hard life to come through and to see how this shit has flipped. Like I said, everybody is celebrities and stars, and you know, gangster niggas want to be you know, you know, so talkative and you know, interviews and all this other shit. It's just crazy, but it's good when you're in a place to where you just want motherfuckers to understand, you know, the streets, and like I said, I did come from the music side, so I do know a little bit about.
Speaker 3: Hip hop and music and all that shit.
Speaker 4: But it's crazy how just you know, regular mother fuck us today want to be something else than just being a normal motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You know what I don't understand, man, the people who have made it alreal. Like I saw Chris Brown the other day say it, I'm a piru.
Speaker 3: Yeah I saw that too, and I was.
Speaker 1: Just really thinking. I said, no, he go, a young man who's had the opportunity to make millions of dollars is fascinating, seen the whole world, and you want to go backwards into that shit. And I'm gonna tell you now, don't None of the motherfuckers give a fuck about you. They there for what they can receive from you. It's crazy to me, though, dog, I don't understand that shit. And to each his own shout out to Chris Brown. He had grown ass, man, he could do what everything? Yeah, you know it's but and this ain't me dissing them, but it's just like, man, somebody should have kept it real with him and told him, like, man, what are you doing? You go fuck up your money? Like look at Diddy. All this shit that he's went through is costing miss to deal with Hulu. He had a situation with Hulu. He was doing, fucked it up. That's height with all the shit we got going on. Dog, I am too. We are both too valuable to get caught up in any shit. We got movies and shit that were doing this year. Dog Man, we got different opportunities we have that's gonna really elevate us and put us over for the next fifteen to twenty thirty years, whatever much time we got left on this planet. That's gonna pretty much set us up for that time. Right. I'm not going out fucking my shit up for nobody. Dog. I don't give a fuck hot how any of these niggas out here perceived me to be run up. If you want to find out the hard way, But I don't want to get involved none of that shit.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: I want the easy life.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: I got plans on when I started having grandkids, Dog, to raise my grandchildren and live a simple life. Dog. I don't want to be involved none of that bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm like, for what a motherfucker and been through and last year, I'm not the only person a lot of motherfuckers who done walk the life I've walked. You know, single moms or you know whatever, growing up in the hood and you know, struggling to make ends meet, and you know, trying to figure out, you know, what your life is gonna be. Like I said, I was at a point like I don't know shit slang dope and claiming the hood was was.
Speaker 3: Was was everything.
Speaker 4: But then, as you, like you said, as you start building and separating yourself from certain situations, you don't forget where you come from.
Speaker 3: But you don't ever want.
Speaker 4: Anybody in your position or your family or people you know, to have to go through bullshit.
Speaker 3: I'm at a.
Speaker 4: Point to where I don't seen enhing went through enough. I don't need a nigga running up on me for no bullshit.
Speaker 1: And that's yeah, for real.
Speaker 4: Because of of some business bullshit at that because I try my best not to get in the street scenarios with with with any nigga, especially at this age.
Speaker 1: You know, at this juncture, man, I'm just not interested.
Speaker 4: There's gonna there's gonna be niggas that don't like you. I get it. There's gonna be motherfucking critics. I get it. Certain people ain't gonna like what I've done. Uh, from from the first record to listening to a nigga on the podcast, you feel me, And just like I tell, like I say, you got that right, you'll get me. But like long as long as your opinion is your opinion, and it don't go no further than that.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with it. You could be a nigga.
Speaker 4: Standing right across from me and go, Nigga, I don't like your ship, and I'll be like, that's cool as long as we don't have an issue, you know. So you try to uh, I think be because of the situation, like I said, growing up in at this day and age, you don't want to be in a position where you got beef with niggas or you're trying to live life backwards. I don't know if niggas who want to you know, claim or or affiliate themselves because I can't talk because I'm from a neighborhood and claimed and I still talk to niggas from my neighborhood and you know, conversate and you know, the homies just had a little gathering, you know, not a week or two ago, trying to change the aspect of what it used to be for niggas in the neighborhood now that you have grown up and see a different light. So niggas do you know, come out of certain situations for positive But there's some niggas who just don't see the light.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Yeah, you know what, bro, I'm gonna tell you like this.
Speaker 1: To me, you don't hit the lottery twice, I think me and you have hit the lottery twice in two businesses to where the average motherfucker just don't make no money in it. And that's you know, hip hop and it's podcasting shit.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I didn't make millions of dollars from the music industry, but I provided a good life for my family. I was able to send my oldest son to college. I was able to buy a home. I was able to do some pretty cool stuff. Right. I look at it now, man, and you know, pretty much we're making a lot of money just to sit up here and talk every week, right, right, you know you think about that. That's a blessing. Why we go out there and fuck that off for anybody? Dog that would be like that would be dumb. It would just be dumb. Right. It's like I tell my son now, right, I say, Man, you know you're getting played money to play football. Man, don't ever fuck that off for nobody. Man, It's just it's not worth it. Right. And I think as black men, people expect us always to come with ignorant angle man, Ain't nothing wrong with maturing, Dog, Ain't nothing wrong with maturing. Ain't nothing wrong with getting old and just being a regular dude. Because if you look at any other race of people, right, if you look at the if you look at everybody from Asians to Mexican dudes, when they getting their fifties, dog, and they even their thirties, you don't see them doing the stuff that we do. No, not as a people, you just don't see them doing that. They carry themselves as adults. Right. When I talk to some of my friends about this podcast, shit Dog, that's just regular people. They be looking at me like are you serious? And I say, yeah, very serious. And I think it's a thing man, where people want to I think we still living man. We be kind of almost stuck in the PA. Yes, I think sometimes man hip hop culture doesn't allow people to grow up. Yeah, that's true. You feel what I'm saying. Like, if you look at like where other people have evolved into. Man, they start taking trips with their families. They're not out there looking for no smoke. They'll laugh if somebody somebody try to get in a fight with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just a new era of It's the new era of the of the hip hop beefing, if you want to say, so to speak, I think a lot of our beef stemmed from, you know, back in my days, a lot of beef stemmed from gang affiliation, being from different neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: You know. You know.
Speaker 3: I never beef with niggas across coast or.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I didn't, I was.
Speaker 4: I never like dropped a record, didn't had a nigga in Florida dissing me because I dropped the record, you know, or it seems like we got a lot of that, you know what I'm saying. So I just I just just dealt with it differently than than what you see nowadays. And I think because of that, it gives you an instant uh instant popularity, you know, when when you choose that narrative, Like I said, a lot of a lot of our beef stemmed from, oh, you you a crip or you a blood, or you from this hood or you from that hood. Weeding beef because of Oh it's gonna make the record more popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's how it is, though, But look at this, think about the dude, we had our show Crip Mac. Right, Crip Mac could have made a lot of money. Dude. He had a very polar He's a very polarizing young man. You know, no, regardless of what you want to say about him. You know a lot of people say why you have him on the show, But then when they actually watched the show, they thought it was really entertaining, right, Oh definitely. You know, even mac ten hit me up and said, man, what's up? Would that krypt macdu.
Speaker 4: I've had a lot Yeah, a few of my homies was like, why did y'all have that nigga on the show? And then they watched the episode and you know, watched him further beyond, and I've had the same niggas like, Man, that motherfucking nigga right there. Man, that nigga is like like the content he has.
Speaker 1: He could have made a lot of money for himself. Man, he could have really took that and elevated.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: But now you see evidently the Fast took his shorty. The Fast came and picked him up. He had a switcher. He had a gun with a switcher on it. Man. You know he's doing every when you talking about fed time, man, that's not like getting five years on some other shit though you doing every bit of that time, and the way media is right now, wish him nothing but the best, but those same opportunities may not be there for him.
Speaker 4: Like I said, Unfortunately, like you said, you never know who is trying to contribute to the downfall.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: I heard it was some old ship that somebody said that, oh yeah, this nigga's riding or whatever, whatever the case may be. You gotta watch who you around, and who your business is around, and who you associate with, because it'll be a person right next to you who's looking for your downfall, and it may be might they be jealous or whatever. You know, whatever the case may be, you gotta you gotta watch your surroundings when you naive to this game right here, because you know you can become you can become just as fast and popular with this new media content shit.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: Any character can blow up at any given time.
Speaker 1: And this is what they said defending Trevor Hurd. Knowing this c MAC knowingly possessed ammunition, namely ten rounds of normal precision AB nine millimeters lugar ammunition contained in his semi automatic handgun bearing no serial number commonly referred to as a ghost gun each shen and affecting interstate commerce. You know, the thing is California has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. We then this dude can do fifteen years, man, and you know he got a baby on the way.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody asked me. You know, the first thing people want to say is oh, stupid ass nigga to me, the people around him kind of let him down. All of these people that he heaven Hall Hall, and you know kind of like took advantage of him in a sense, right, took advantage of this young man in the sense. That's why if you notice when we had him on the show, we didn't do no clown with him. We wanted to really talk to that young brother and see what was going on with him. Right, all of these people, man, that had them on their platforms every week, I wonder who actually set him down? Why would they let him leave? Because see, if him be in the position he was in, he shouldn't have been riding around with no pistol.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it because even though like I said today, it's about content and social media and followers and numbers, he's still putting himself in a position of the streets. You're getting me, you cripping, and you claim in a set, and let's just face it.
Speaker 3: You know, today.
Speaker 4: Some people record nice the aspect of what you're doing, but then there's some motherfuckers who don't give a fuck. And you know, so when you're playing that both sides of the fence, he's probably feeling like, I gotta carry your heat. I'd be dumb not to carry your heat because even though you know, I'm not trying to be.
Speaker 3: As as fucking.
Speaker 4: Explicit to motherfuckers and I'm not trying to be just fuck you nigga all day, it's some niggas who will take that you give me. Like one of the homies was telling me or somebody gonna smoke cuz you feel me because of where they still living and they feeling like, yeah, but he's still cripping and wearing blue rind And.
Speaker 1: There's the thing about it, though, let's keep it real. He was a cool dude, but now he runs is the risk of getting folded into even a bigger conspiracy, right because you got the gang enhancements, yeah, and you have all this man, I'm gonna be real with you. I feel like in a lot of aspects, yeah, Crip Mac is very much a grown man and accountable for his own actions. But I felt like a lot of people failed this kid man, really failed him. Because if you really got love for somebody, how many times have you talked me out of doing dumb shit? And I'm gonna do what it's even killed? Yeah, And and like you said, unfortunately that somebody didn't you know, I don't know what they did. You know, who was ever supposed to be the manager or whoever felt like let's run with this shit. You still first of all, you a nigga, still under fucking charges and shit like he was on probation. Okay, you know, let me get his disclaimer real quick. I don't know China Mac, that was his manager. For all I know, Synag probably talked to him to he was blue in the face about what he was, you know, what he should be doing and what he shouldn't be doing. But this kid man, because I know he wanted to make money right right, he fucked the bag up though, Dude. I had you know how many people I had hit me up that wanted to put him in movies? And everything like that.
Speaker 4: Do I think, like I said, when you when you put yourself in this position, it's only it's only gonna take you so far as as doing that, right. I can't be walking around, you know, crip rags around my head every day, doing my videos, doing my rap songs, going to shows and shit, you know, super banged out, not thinking that something's gonna get tested one once or twice. Now, if I'm still living that way, because that's the angle I want to take with my shit and my celebrity, right, I gotta be a fool to not think I'm gonna not get into it with motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Everybody's not a podcast or a celebrity or entertainer type of motherfucker. It's some real cripping blood niggas who still walk Now. Do I think because of the angle I'm coming as a fucking content creator celebrity, that every blood or crip is gonna give me a pass. It's not gonna happen like that. Somebody gonna probably try to test me. So I'm gonna carry some heat.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they said. They said the rappists. Worth has estimated to be around a million dollars now me and you both knowing, this ain't coming from a place that Hey, this is more of me coming from a place of somebody that knows he could have potentially made a million dollars but he didn't get none of that money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna count a niggas motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not counting it. But but yeah, he was on a lot of other people's platforms where they probably make you know him, you know, And I don't know that, Like you said, I don't know the logistics. I'm just speaking from a you know, how my nigga come down here, I'll slide you a thousand or two, give me an interview, and then they go running with it. I'm pretty sure because it wasn't like my nigga had the crypt Mac show.
Speaker 3: You feel me, And that's.
Speaker 1: What I told him he needed to do. I said, dude, you need to make your own shit, dude.
Speaker 4: And that he could have been set up somewhere like you know, my own show, and gang of motherfuckers would have went through us to be a presence on that ship.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of big people that hit me up. I'm talking about people that got not the riot that you think wouldn't fuck with him. There was like, Man, I want to meet.
Speaker 4: This dude because he was He's a He was a person that you looked at even though you know nigga, some of these nigga nigga like me who you know was was was claiming you know, gang banging and cripping and all that to to the people in this world, the cameras and wuti wo oh. That motherfucker was a gold mine. He was a gold mine. And I'm I can put this nigga in a movie. I could put this nigga in a comedy skit. I could put this nigga playing like the crazy crip nigga or the gang bang Uh. You could see the potential of what motherfuckers on the other side had. But like you said, somebody didn't like, Hey, my nigga, why you care?
Speaker 3: Ain't you on probation? Why you care?
Speaker 1: The man, this dude got people imitating him and everything else, dude, And it's like, man, you know what though, Man, this is the thing man where people have to realize anything that you do in this space, man, you are eventually going to have to deal with it in the real world, because guess what, ain't none of this shit online real. I don't live online. I live in the real world, right, So I've always lived from the space that anything I do on here, I'm going to be held accounted before it in the real world. Right. Like you see, Charleston White just had a comedy show. Right, it's some cats. You know, some cats jumped on him. I don't think they did too much damage, but I think that was probably the them dudes gave everybody else the blueprint. Because I'm gonna tell you, dudes out here is notorious for booking people for shows. You feel what I'm saying. New dudes that go out and spend thirty forty thousand dollars just to get a motherfucker out there. I'm pretty sure you don't heard about some of that shit happening. Yeah, you know, motherfucker's getting booked for shows and getting just you know, shit happened, dog gone. You know you've had that. Man, It's getting real. It's gonna start getting real, real dangerous out there for a lot of people. Man, because see he didn't get hurt, thank god. You know this one just go around.
Speaker 4: But I think that niggas should you know, whatever your angle want to be, because let's just face it, it's all about you know, content, social media, popularity, numbers, analytics, whatever you want to call it. A motherfucker found out, like shit, I could do this shit and I'm gonna be just you get me. I could be the world's most hated motherfucker and it's gonna it don't matter. Man, Niggas got to learn this motherfucking entertainment game and how this shit worked today.
Speaker 3: You get me. It's always been like that. You get me.
Speaker 4: You've always had a hero and you've always had a villain in a movie.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of motherfuckers like the villain.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of motherfucker like the villain in movies. What a hero always got the fucking win. You give me, that's unrealistic. So it's some niggas who cheer for the villain and some niggas who play that role out. Like I said, what it's gonna cost you, who knows, But if it's gonna if it's gonna get you another check or another million followers, or people just curious to see what the fuck that's what it's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and then you got the shit. Man, it's a whole bunch of wild shit going on. Man. You got Joe Butten and Cameron they beefing right now, man over some shit because you know, Melissa Forred said the Cameron has an underage prostitute the wrong the time of his omitted group six sessions with Mace. You know, cam denies it. It's just a whole bunch of shit going on. And he talked about hitting no girl with a defamation loss them losses is very real. Man. You just can't go around saying what you want to about a motherfucker dog, especially if this shit ain't true or you don't know what to be fat.
Speaker 4: I mean when it's serious shit like that. Basically you saying I raped somebody. You know, so I can understand, you know, let you because some motherfuckers just gonna say what they want to say, right, But when you are fucking with somebody's livelihood and and somebody's I guess you know, credibility as far as who they are. You can call a nigga a punk, or a nigga can call a female bitch or whatever, or but when niggas get to the point to where they start trying to just really like, you know, you're trying to undermine who the fuck I am and and and think of I would be a low class motherfucker. But hey, y'all watch out because it's some motherfucking crazy motherfuckers out there and sometimes a check booking popularity and make you do motherfucking shit that you know you might think is you have privilege too.
Speaker 1: M You know, I'm not gonna getting it with him and Joe got going on, man, because all of this shit is crazy. Man. At the end of the day, motherfuckers need to just mind their own motherfucking business.
Speaker 3: Though, Man, I.
Speaker 1: See your boy the Warriors, don't. Finally suspect suspended your boy Draymond green Man And definitely yeah, I saw that. I saw the little my nigga. My nigga right there is on some real a dog. I don't know, I said, who, I don't know what niggas be thinking. You get me, I don't know what my nigga was thinking. He tried to he tried to fake swing on the nigga and connect it. I don't know what the fuck you get me us it.
Speaker 4: Was basketball you know, niggas be tugging and niggas be but that nigga turned around and straight fired on the nigga.
Speaker 3: I don't get he tried to pull it like he tried to pull it.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm not gonna just just ball my fist up and sock you square off in the jaw. But I'm finna connect to where the butter my wrist or whatever. Nigga, I'm fit to fire on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tramia Green, Man is hood and the motherfucker those dog And I just don't understand, man, my man is making all this paper dog? Why is he so angry? Man? I don't know. Man. If I was making the money you brother be making, man, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: An said like, why are you so angry? You playing the sport you love. Not a poor ass, you know, growing up in the projects, underprivilege, you know, going through financial stresses. You know you out here doing something like probably a billion motherfuckers wish they could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dremond Green probably Man, how much you think he's making the game? Now, why.
Speaker 4: What do you want to show a nigga that you can fire on the motherfucker Like, oh, nigga, I'm what I'm I'm I'm tough. I can you know he's been suspended a gag of times, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, they kind of getting tired of him. Man, It's just like, man, you know.
Speaker 4: What, what do you be thinking in that situation?
Speaker 1: If I just think, man, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like, I'm trying to show niggas that I'm not no punk and I'm out with the bullshit.
Speaker 1: You know what? Man? Yeah, he said he's trying to sell a file.
Speaker 3: Hum.
Speaker 1: You know what the thing is, though, what these niggas would never get though. I'm gonna tell all you all, young football players, y'all, young basketball players, professional athletes, whoever, you would never be bigger than the game. They would have ice Cube, said the realist shit. Ever, in the rap song, he said they would have a new nigga next year. You would never be bigger than the game. I don't care how good of a basketball player you is. I don't care how good of a football player you are. If you go on these people's sports fucking up and fucking up the image of the game and the purity of the game, they gonna get rid of your ass. Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta you gotta watch out nowadays, man. Like I said, people ain't gonna tolerate a lot of shit, especially when you're getting paid so much money and in a position of uh, you know this. Motherfuckers who look up to you supposed to represent yourself in a different light because you're not in that position.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you what. The NFL and NBA, they biggest thing is them shields. You are representing the league. If you out there doing crazy a not your ship, boy, they are going to get rid of your ass. I don't know if people think they bigger than the game now, man, I don't know what it is, man, but they would have knocked the fuck off. They would have knocked the fuck off. Man. You know what, I don't think they did stuff just I don't man, y'all get Lebron. Just everybody be on my boy lebron'say. They think they did that just for him to award him some I don't think so. I don't think Lebron need that, man. Lebron is one of the greatest players to ever touch a basketball court. I don't think he need no type of little pubic victories. Man, to make yourself feel good. I don't even know what this ship is about. Honestly, don't what is the ND season tournament? What the fuck is that? Some shit they just came up with, they just made up with. I don't know what they're trying to. What they're saying, what basketball's losing its popularity, So what we gotta come up with some shit to where people will, you know, oh, let's have an ND season tournament, like okay, whatever, you get me, what like the colleges do, We're gonna have n season tournaments and that to keep people focused on, you know, in the basketball and whatever. Because a lot of niggas suck right now, and when it comes to I guess who's looked upon as the champion. You know, nobody was really wanting Denver to win the NBA championship, but they did. They smoked niggas. But that's probably not in the popularity aspect. I wonder sometimes, man, because Denver is not exactly the most populist market in the world.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying. If you're the NBA, letsrespect the Denver.
Speaker 4: If you're the NBA with with the bottom line and fans and TV ship and all that, Denver's probably not your hottest market as far as especially if as far as La or New.
Speaker 3: York or New York or whatever, or Miami.
Speaker 1: You know, cause you think about it, when Cleveland wanted that one year. Cleveland ain't exactly the most populan market in the world, but they had Lebron James exactly. They had Lebron.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: You know, Lebron was a worldwide phenomena.
Speaker 4: So you know, let's create this nd season tournament to uh, you know, have somebody else be a champion in the end season and that'll focus on and look, you know it was the Lakers, so you know that that gets your that gets your bottom line and your numbers up.
Speaker 1: As far as that makes sense. Now, they may have done that for the ratings because you know, so in California, the number two market in the world. You know what I'm saying, It just makes sense if you want to increase your bottom line, h for sure, if you want to increase your bottom line something. Man, I don't know though. Man, we got a new year coming up, Man, twenty twenty four is almost here. Man, Yeah, we're at the end of it.
Speaker 4: So you know, shout out to all the people you know who's been rolling with us since the you know, since the changes and seems that we you know, we are meeting people's expectations.
Speaker 3: Of what of what the show was and what it.
Speaker 4: Is now and crazy, right, man, We do want to not you know, we never consider ourselves Hollywood.
Speaker 3: We feel like we are.
Speaker 4: Some regular niggas who are in tune with you know, having come from the streets and took that walk of life and being able to change our aspects of who we were is why we can able to bring you the Gangster Chronicles and speak from both sides of the perspective because we didn't, Like I said, we've done both being affiliated with the streets, knowing a lot of shit. Our gang banged a neighborhood, all.
Speaker 1: Of that shit.
Speaker 4: So music influenced by gangster shit and being in the streets and just being around the aspect of hip hop and the streets and dope and and just being a black motherfucker growing up in the hood. You know what I'm saying. So just keep riding with us, man. We're gonna try to bring y'all what we bring and keep the show going for as long as we can go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to do something. I want to do something, man, for the end of the year, I'm almost thinking about like just going back over the history of the show with some of this ship. I just don't want to revisit no more.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. You feel what I'm saying. It's like that ship was what it was, then.
Speaker 4: Recaps and and go from where we was then to where we was to where we are now. But you know, a lot of that comes with a lot of bumps in the road and.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, a lot of trauma. Man.
Speaker 4: You know, might feel uh mentioning, you know, speaking or showing aspects of what it was might cause conflict, and you might get a couple of lawsuits and a couple of a couple of lawsuits and a couple of defamation of character fucking lawsuits, and ship.
Speaker 1: You don't get no more.
Speaker 4: Try to stay quiet, and you don't try to disrespect you know, you know, try to keep it cool and and and on the aspect of the show you feel so, uh, we'll try to uh, we will try to keep our shit solid is straight. We will not be doing that, you know, we all keep our shit solid is straight. Y'all keep rolling with us, and you know, let's get cracking with twenty four hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he before you before we go, Man, you know what I want to ask you something. Man, We're talking about doing this documentary next year me, Glasses, we have you involved. It's like the history of West Coast rap, right mm hm. And you know, And I was telling g I said, we can't do it without mentioning the Bay area, right, And so I hit too Short up, I text Short and I said Short. Because I was telling Glasses, I said, man, Short might be one of the first popping rappers from out this motherfucker period, you know, as a dude that's originally from la but came up in the Bay, you know, moved it to the Bay during his teenage years. Short been selling records for a long motherfucking time. Dog, Him and Nice Teeth might be the two OG's out here. Oh definitely him and Nice Tea because they both start. Short started around nineteen eighty and he said by nineteen eighty two he was had a lot of notoriety around the Bay. And I thought about it, I said, Man, for motherfucking to be rapping from nineteen eighty and you gotta still say Shortest still relevant?
Speaker 4: Oh definitely, I mean too Shortest. You know there are artists out here who's been around from the inception and still are relevant, Still can go on tour. You still banging, they shit in your car, They're still you know, cranking on the radio. So it's fortunate that you can be one of those pioneers, man, and still get respect and appreciated.
Speaker 3: Some of us can still do that.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, you know, it's just a whole cold thing, cold game. Man, shut out to too short man, have too Short on again. Man, I think right, have a conversation with him about that, man, because the motherfucker you gotta think about a dog. He been a rapper since nineteen eighty and this twenty twenty four come up, and he's still he's still one of them type of brothers that can fuck around and drop a record and have a cracking Oh definitely think about a dog that nigga don't have to blow the whistles and all that other type of shit. Oh short of bad motherfucker, Oh for sure, definitely. You know what I'm saying. So we about to let y'all go, man, make sure man, y'all check in man, y'all tap in man with eight Man. He got some cold merchandise, man, And we got some cold merchandise about the drop man for the Gangster Chronicles. Man, make sure y'all check us out. Man. We launching this new website next week. Man, Gangster Chronicles dot com. I haven't been working hard than that motherfucker dog man were out there.
Speaker 4: You know, we got some We got some gear for you, man, So check us out www dot Official eight Clothing dot Bigcarteil dot com and uh, you know, get you some Christmas minus gear, some jail gear.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Support that real, you know what I'm saying. That's how we do.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we about to get another new were about to get our what's the name of that shit and our tiktoks and our what's the name of the other site? Brian the snapchats and all that shit cracking. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I've been told we about to get all that cracking. So twenty twenty four we abotther, tighten up on a whole bunch of shit and we out of here.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Well, that concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangster Chronicles podcast for Apple users. Find a purple mica on the front of your screen, Subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcasts Norman Steell, Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Watt, and audio editors Telling Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts. Wherever you listening, your podcast