Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Messer, a long attemp static. Let's get though to some stocks on the move. Bloomberg News Credit reporter Emligrafeo is in the house joining us with stock movers, and we've got some that just reported earnings right after the closed yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not a lot of movement on the index level, but it was kind of hard to pick which individual movers I wanted to for this day because there were some like big double digit moves, So let's get into them. Sand Disc I picked this one because it's down today, but it is the best performing stock in the S and P five hundred you're to date, so it's still up like over four hundred percent on you know, a twenty twenty six basis, but it is down about five percent right now. It was down as much as fourteen percent earlier in the day. This is a memory company, computer or hardware. The revenue forecast missed the average analyst estimate, and uh yeah, I guess that was enough to cause shareholders to sell the stock. This has really been a trade that has been whipsaw over the last month. I would say, yeah, the memory stocks just kind of moving around a lot. But again still year to date the stock is up higher, but a softed expected a software than expected guidance as well.
Speaker 4: Only down five percent right now.
Speaker 1: I love it is higher year to date. It's upbout four hundred year to date, So it's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think that's why I'm saying five percent drop is like.
Speaker 1: Expectations are high.
Speaker 3: Expectations are high the bars you can't go up forever.
Speaker 4: And it was down. It was down at the open as much as fourteen percent. So it's it's bounced from those lows quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Your pe is only six right now. Yeah, i'd a seventeen. I don't know all right. From sand disk to data dog we go, I told you there would be dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so this is another.
Speaker 1: It's it's not a real dog.
Speaker 3: This is a big mover data dog ticker DDG, a software company. It's down about eighteen percent right now, erasing some eighteen million dollars in market cap if those losses hold again. They had earnings, but they trailed the average analyst estimate when it came to adjusted gross margin. I always liked to look at the software names because that's also like kind of along with memory. Software has been such a hot button trade.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say you like to look at it because of the private credit beat.
Speaker 3: I was about to get there too. Yeah, I mean private credit has done so much money into software because before AI came out, we thought that, you know, there were going to be really really sticky and reliable revenue streams from software. And the existence of AI and the competitiveness.
Speaker 1: Yspect numbers that were strong on them, better than estimates.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Again, I think it's traders getting really sensitive to software and maybe finally wanting to get out.
Speaker 4: I want to save some time for Honeywell Aerospace because this last check was among the worst performers in the S and P five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an incredible move. So Honeywell Aerospace, this was a spin off from the larger industrial conglomerate Honeywell, the company we all know this ticker ho NA. It's down twenty two percent right now, the biggest drop on record. It's the first time that they've reported earnings as they're this independent company. The street was not happy with this. There is a Jeffreys analyst, Sheila Kayalu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she comes on a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay. So her note was titled simply titled bra Do you guys know what that means? Brau?
Speaker 4: You kids say it a lot.
Speaker 3: And what she said was the first reaction for most investors is how is an arrow company growing only four percent? So they reported revenue growth. They see organic revenue growth four percent to five percent, and that was down from a previous guide of seven to nine percent. So just slashing the guidance, disappointing investors, causing some really colorful cell side reactions.
Speaker 1: That's a little rapman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.