Speaker 1: You are listening to the Miami Dolphins podcast Network. This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield. Back to throw to a looking clips about a wide Dolphin touchdown?
Speaker 2: Tirecl uncolievable, just blue fire for.
Speaker 1: A second time. Don't know where he was going right away? Want to hit that man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 1: Someone with cup on the bandwagon. Wattle wattle to a shotgun, back to throw, looking at them up fires touchdown. It's Waddle his sixth touchdown. Parado.
Speaker 2: I'm this king. Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 1: Now do check your pulse if enough for what is up?
Speaker 2: Dolphins And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, the bye week is officially here. What do you do in the bye week? You look back at the season that has been, look forward to what we should expect the rest of the way, your self scout, you get ready for the stretch run. We're doing the offense today on the Draft Time Podcast, where you each position, look at some numbers and some trends.
Speaker 1: A whole lot more, plus my updated.
Speaker 2: Season predictions on this episode of the podcast from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is the Draft Time podcast May.
Speaker 2: Before we get going today, I want to address something very quickly that made the airwaves on Monday Night ahead of the Chargers and Jets thriller on Monday Night Football, when they had a four minute segment dissecting Miami's quarterback in the way that only this quarterback can be dissected because he didn't make two plays with the game on the line against the NFL or AFC's best team. I should say in a different country that he's scared, that he's scared to make a play in the pocket because he missed two throws really in the entire game. I mean, he had a couple more besides that, but you get the entire sense. And my good friend Kyle Krabs over at Lockdown Dolphins had a great segment on this, and I'm glad he did, but I'm just not going to really like dive into the details behind it on the show today because I just don't think it's worth giving validation to that type of rhetoric and that type of conversation because it's utterly ridiculous. So let's move on from that and go ahead and hear from or not hear from. Just update on Mike McDaniel's Tuesday press conference, he told some good news on the injury front. We talked about this before the game on Sunday, and I was talking about the potential of a scenario where you come out of that game seven and two, first place in the AFC, and if you don't have any major critical injuries, you could potentially have pretty much your entire roster back sans Isaiah Win and a couple of guys you know, practice squad and depth type of pieces. After your bye week and the injury stuff pretty much happened, except for we didn't win the game. But Rob Jones is going to be week to week. No surgery required for Rob Jones. That's great news on that front. We should be getting River Craycraft back after the bye week and running back to von A Chan, who I think is going to be a shot.
Speaker 1: In the arm.
Speaker 2: This defense, or rather this offense right now that has kind of hit a little bit, a tiny little bit of a loll the last couple of weeks, especially the running game in particular, I think a perfect shot in the arm here post bye week to see Devon get back out there. He looks really good, ready to go. Him and River Craycraft could be big boost to this offense. So that's pretty much it. Brandon Jones was back at practicing a red medical non contact jersey, So this Dolphins team heads into the bye week pretty healthy. And with that, speaking of the buye, I want to do a roster review here on the podcast and just kind of give you an update on where we are, where I think we're going, and what you can look forward to here in the second half of the season. We start first before any individuals, looking at some team stats and where they rank.
Speaker 1: Are you guys ready for this? Yards?
Speaker 2: Seven point one yards is not just first in the NFL, it would be the most all time if they finished at that mark. Total offense almost four thousand yards so far thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine to eighteen. That is first in the NFL.
Speaker 2: The twenty five one hundred and eighty seven passing yards is first in the NFL. The thirteen thirty one rushing yards is second. They average thirty one point seven points per game and that's most in the NFL EPA per play is point one four to seven. That's first in the NFL. Their fifty point one percent success rate is third. They're tops in red zone at seventy five percent. And then this is the one like off the wall stat here that's snowhere near the other ones. They're seventeenth and third down offense at thirty nine point six percent.
Speaker 1: Not bad, not bad at all.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and start here on the roster review at the quarterback position, where we always do on these roster reviews or film review editions of the podcast. Here, I think you start with this, and I tweeted it on Tuesday, much to the delight of Dolphins fans, maybe the misery a little bit of both. But we've had the same quarterbacks start every game this season and only exited the game for mop up duty in the blowout games we've had, and in fact, this is the first time the Dolphins have had the same starting quarterback for each of the first nine games since twenty sixteen. So that's a good thing, right, But where does he rank? Well, you probably know this as well. Passing yards for two two thousand and six ZHO nine, that's first nineteen touchdown passes is all alone in first place. His six point two percent touchdown rate is third. His two point three percent I rate is eighteenth. But I will say this in watching other games around the National Football League and a total aside here real quick, like I go on Twitter for you know, Jets discourse, because as I tell my friends here on the building and co workers, the only thing as sweet as Dolphins' success is Jets misery for me, And like there's a lot of Jets fans that think that Zach Wilson is there's something there, and that blows my mind. I would wagh way rather have a little bit higher of a pick percentage and actually threaten vertically down the football field than to play you know, scared you know, conservative football. No time and place for that in twenty twenty three. So what I'm saying is, I'll take Tua's two point three percent pick percentage, which is still a third of his touchdown percentage, to push the ball vertically and wind up averaging eight point five yards per ten which is second in the National Football League, and have the most touchdowns. To me, it's a very fair trade off. One hundred and thirty first downs is first the success rate fifty two point two percent is third. I mentioned the eight point five YPA is second. His net yards per dropback is also second, seven point eighty five. He gets sacked on three point four percent of his dropbacks, that's third lowest in the NFL. His passer rating is best one oh six point four, his QBR is sixth sixty five point three. EPA per play is fourth at point one nine to five, and his EPA plus completion percentage over expected composite is a stat at analytics. Folks love to use. His point one five to seven that's fourth in the NFL. So, anyway you splice it, this guy is a top three or four quarterback in the NFL. Throws twenty plus yards down the field, He's seventeen for thirty five. He's damn near fifty percent for six hundred and six yards, seven touchdowns, four picks. A lot of those picks are basically like third down punts, or quite frankly, two of them had passingerferences on the my thought, but I digress. A ninety four point eight passer rating on just the twenty plus yard air throws. That's very, very That's better than some quarterbacks total rating that includes their you know, their screen games, and they're built in completions throws of ten plus air yards, He's seventy.
Speaker 1: For one to eighteen. That's absurd.
Speaker 2: For fifteen hundred yards, ten touchdowns and five picks. That's a passer rating.
Speaker 1: Of one oh two point two.
Speaker 2: Take away all the throws under ten yards and he still would be the third highest.
Speaker 1: Rated quarterback in the NFL. This dude's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Against the blitz, He's seventy for one oh one with seven hundred and thirty two yards, eight touchdowns and no picks.
Speaker 1: We he blitzed Tua.
Speaker 2: He has a passer rating of one sixteen point four when you pressure him though, twenty one for fifty five two hundred and ninety yards, two touchdowns, two picks, a passer rating of fifty two point eight. But you already knew about all those stats, right, and we knew that he was doing that last year. But in terms of Tua's tape, I think there's been marked improvement in critical areas of any quarterbacks game. I think he's processing as fast as any QB in the NFL. He's expanded the offense into the third and fourth option when he has to. He's getting it too, is hot when he has to. That was always the area of Tua's game that was going to set him apart as a pro right, his ability to react before the defense, and I think that his development into the very best player in the NFL in that department has helped produce those stats. I just ran off to you in an offense that accentuates what he does well. And I'll argue this until I'm blue in the face. It's not the only thing that matters, but.
Speaker 1: It is the most important thing for a quarterback.
Speaker 2: That and accuracy, which when those two are really hardwired together, that's perfect. And I think that's where Tua is also the best in the NFL, which is why there are not five quarterbacks in the NFL. I'd rather take over this guy. So he has taken that trape and improved it, polished it. I won't say perfected it because he's twenty five years old. But I'm excited about what we have here for the long term, not just for this season, where I think the bye week and some extra study and some time off to rest and heal and mentally kind of refocus will help him perform even better down the second half of the schedule here, especially with how the schedule shakes out here in the second half of the season, but also beyond this season.
Speaker 1: Right, These are the types of skills that.
Speaker 2: Only improve and enhance when your quarterback gets older, has more reps and has just seen more football, especially when that quarterback is as dedicated to the craft.
Speaker 1: As to it has displayed.
Speaker 2: It's not like the you know, Russell Wilson, what was his entire game, right, it was movement and getting off the spot. It's the entire nature of his game kind of went backwards when he didn't have that in his back pocket anymore. And you know, like Lamar Jackson, one of the best quarterbacks in the world, he loses that running ability. Things change there a little bit, but not for Tua. I think he has the chance to be one of his guys that plays into his late thirties at a high, high level that's fifteen years down the road. I think he's shown a better propensity this year for creating off script. I don't think anybody would mistake to for one of the more fleet of foot quarterbacks in the NFL. And there are times where he gets a little bit stuck in quicksand under pressure when he has to like eat a sack.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I grew up watching Tom Brady and Peyton Manning swap MVP awards every other year, and they protected themselves against sacks and got down when the pressure was imminent every single time. That's how you play sixteen games a year for X number of years. The numbers against pressure have decreased this year. He was top five and passer rating last season against pressure. Not the case this year. I already told you by the stats there. But he's been under pressure far less frequently, and I think he's done a better job of just throwing the ball away. So you wind up with these games where he's like, you know, two for five with twelve yards versus pressure. And then he had like the pick six against the Giants, which just you know, de your numbers when you have a pick like that on a low sample size. So small sample size, but in an area he can improve upon. In the second half of the season, I think he's protected the football better this year. There's been almost no throws that were quote unquote dropped. I INT's In fact, his INT number is one fewer than his turnover worthy play number. I do think there could be better ball security in terms of fumbles, but he's also been tabbed with like six fumbles that aren't even his responsibility this year where it's a bad snapper, you know, raheem not putting the ball away in the belly.
Speaker 1: Where can he take his game to the next level.
Speaker 2: I think just continuing to sharpen up the operation, particularly in road environments.
Speaker 1: But that's really the whole team.
Speaker 2: I think you can tie the miss throws almost every time to the footwork, which is usually pristine and why there are so few bad throws here, but every quarterback has them. And with Tua, I think it's because he doesn't hitch up. He hits the top of that drop and kind of fades back into the throw and winds up having not enough club right, Like, you have one hundred and fifty yards into the pin, you get the nine to iron at least that's what I hit the ball far, big dog, but you can fat and only goes one hundred and twenty yards. But even still, like the Chargers game, for instance, you know, thirty five yard touchdown, the Tyreek Giants game sixty nine yard touchdown the Tyreek Panthers game forty one yard touchdown to Tyreek. Eagles game twenty seven yard touchdown to Tyreek. Patriots game forty two yard touchdown to Tyreek. Every single one of those throws is they perfectly placed deep ball to the perimeter On each one, It's that the top of the drop, clean footwork, hitch up, dime touchdown. As far as the critiques for me, their minimal. He's played the best quarterback in the league for long stretches this year. Even his air quote down games categorically ranked with the middle of the pack quarterbacks in the NFL from a production standpoint. But really the film as well, I think he's really raised his floor. His worst tape for me this year was the Giants game, and I think that tape clears his worst tapes from twenty twenty two. In fact, I think it clears four of his worst tapes last year Patriots. In the opener, I hated that tape. The Niners tape bunch of misthrows. Chargers game was an abject failure from the entire offense, the Packers game, the three picks in the second half.
Speaker 1: I think each of those games.
Speaker 2: Was worse than his worst game this year, so he's raised the ceiling and the floor. I say it all the time, we should consider ourselves fortunate that this guy is the guy we get to watch every single week for the foreseeable future. How many times has he appeared in Travis's top five tapes this year? Seven out of the nine games, three times the first tape four in second place. I tend to put the quarterback up high when he plays well, so that's kind of a little bit waited for the position. But he's had a great year. Only the Giants and KC game did not produce a top five tape from me. And then I want to finish up every single one of these positional categories with where Travis Scott at right, where Traviscott it wrong, and here where I got it right.
Speaker 1: I mean Michael Jordan, security guard Jiff where Travis got it wrong?
Speaker 2: And I hate starting this way because it almost puts me in a position where I have to defend myself. But damn it, damn it, I feel like I've been pretty aligned to the truth. On two, going back to his Alabama days, pointing out the superpowers that have become evident the most acknowledging some of the shortcomings and where he can get better. Better mechanics on short throws, better creativity, better operation, and I promise the next segment I will talk about things I got wrong, not just.
Speaker 1: All about how right I am.
Speaker 2: Here, Mike White's thrown two passes, a touchdown and a pick feast or famine. That's hilarious to me. Skyler hasn't played in a games. Let's go ahead and move on to running backs. But let's go ahead and take a break first. On the Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation, we are reviewing the Dolphins offense in the first half of the season here on this Wednesday edition of the Draft Time Podcast. Plenty more by week content coming your way, including JT. O. Sullivan and Channing Crowder here on the podcast. Cannot wait to talk to those guys. Let's go ahead and talk about some running backs here. I'm not sure how you can be anything but thrilled with how this room has performed this season. The only downside really has been the injuries they've had to overcome. Raheem has played through some Nixon bruises, Devon has missed some time, obviously, and that sucks. Jeff missed the first five games, Stavon missed some time, Chris Brooks currently on IR. But they've weathered the storm and helped contribute a top two rushing attack and score just as many touchdowns as the Ravens in the running game, but they have Lamar Jackson scoring some of those. So Dolphins running backs have the most total ted, especially when you include receiving touchdowns.
Speaker 1: And then don't forget.
Speaker 2: The best fullback in football, baby alec Ingold, has been so instrumental in all this Dolphins success this season. I think the vision and feel for each guy in the system is better in year two. Obviously, both the rookies are new to the room. But with Raheem, and I say it all the time, it clicked for him last year down the stretch, coming off that twenty twenty one knee injury, playing behind a new line, a new team, he was a monster in the final five games. I thought that carried over into success this year. I think the whole group just has a smoother feel for the tracks, the gaps, and their decision making. It's been one of the top running back rooms in the NFL for ah moster, fast, aggressive, gets north and south, strong as hell, tough to tackle. I'm not sure what else there is to say. He doesn't get squared up. He finds broken tackles all over the field. He has more rushing yards post thirtieth birthday than he did pre thirtieth birthday. Like a fine whine this guy twenty nine missed force tackles three point eighty six average after contact. What can you say about rookie Devon h chan Man. I think his speed, in addition to providing explosive plays with stunning regularity, I think some of the runs we've had the last few weeks would have been longer had he been in the game. I think it also opens up the passing game, though, I think you've just begun to scratch the surface with him in terms of ways to incorporate him in the offense. The kids played what Denver three games. He's got this impact already. I cannot wait to see what he does for the offense. He's the shot in the arms. Running game needs fifteen miss tackles forced seven point four to two yards after initial contact. Savon Akhmed provided some valuable depth early in the season, had some big plays in the charger game. Essentially every time that you needed to lean on him for some bang, he was able.
Speaker 1: To provide that.
Speaker 2: But I thought the last couple of weeks has slowed down a little bit, a little more indecisive. I think that his perfect role is that third down role with the kate with a focus on special teams, the best way forward. Four miss tackles forced three point one six yards after contact. For Jeff Wilson has not had a chance to get going. Looks a little bit slow out of the blocks in terms of coming back from the injury, but he's had some games down to get his conditioning to where it was pre rehab work. We all saw how explosive he was when he first got here last year. Haven't seen that same burst this year. But now with a week off in the bye week, hopefully he can get back to himself for the stretch run here just one mistackle force two point five seven yards after initial contact. Chris Brooks just loved the way he fulfilled that kind of h back role, but then the few carries showed some absolute physicality. He's got a future in this league, no doubt about that. To me.
Speaker 1: Eight miss tackles.
Speaker 2: Forced six point seven three yards after initial contact. Man, he's a good player. Alec Ingold is so selfless, so integral to the offense. Asked to fulfill a multitude of jobs on any given week, just an awesome player catches, passes, cleans out, defensive tackles on wam, solidifies the edge, attacks linebackers one on one.
Speaker 1: What more can you say?
Speaker 2: Top tape appearances here for this group, moster has two. I had him third in the Carolina game, fifth in the Patriots game that was in New England. HN has been all three games he's played.
Speaker 1: The Giants.
Speaker 2: He was third, Buffalo he was second, Denver he was first, and Aleck got one against the Patriots back on week number two. He was third in that game where Travis Scott right whereheem was plenty good and his speed to the edge was a fantastic compliment to the offense, as well as his physicality late in twenty twenty two would translate to this season and then h and a player I was very excited about, and that Dalvin Cook was washed and Miami would be foolish to give him any additional money.
Speaker 1: Where Travis got it wrong.
Speaker 2: I probably oversold the depth of the room a little bit in terms of Akmed's ability to be a like a spell for your starting running back again, I think third down back and special teams is the way forward there. At wide receivers, I mean, one of the best rooms in football. Once again, it's been tough for Jalen this year with the injuries and replacing River Craykraft. It's been a challenge, but it's nice to see Cedric step up. I think if there's one thing you could hope to see more, it's just general depth. Obviously, losing Azukamma and cray Craft plays into that. I think Miami does have a third receiver issue right now in terms of developing who that might be for you long term. But I think at times we've been a little bit too dependent on Tyreek. Could you stand to spread the.
Speaker 1: Ball out more?
Speaker 2: And that includes a lot more waddle for me than anything else. Speaking of the individual's, Tyreek has just been Tyreek. I mean over a thousand yards the first half of the season on pace to crush pffs yards per route ran Metric, all time, super efficient, very little wasted movement in his game. I think his release has been better, the timing of his routes has been better. He always angles back towards the quarterback on end breakers and outbreakers. His understanding of time and feel and route concept has always been good, but I feel like it's been great this year. Doesn't short change routes even as the clearout guy. He puts in full effort, electric with the ball in his hands. Seems to have helped our quarterback in terms of pre snap communication. Eyes follow him all over the field, which has helped our red zone offense even if he doesn't get the football, giving him his you know, helping Tua to understand coverage and kind of giving some feedback after the snap I think is critical if there's a couple of knocks, too many drop balls. But also the Case and Philly games I thought were his worst of the year. Those are the big games, big stages. Guys step up in those games. Sixty nine catches, one thousand and seventy five yards, eight touchdowns, eleven point four yards per target, three point nine to five yards per route ran.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I commend Waddell for gutting his way through some performances this year where he gets dinged up. The numbers have not been the same, but his effort. His competitiveness definitely is like Tyreek. The drops have been an issue at times, but this is one of the best weapons in the National Football League. I expect a monster second half from Waddell, though I've said that all year long. Forty catches, five hundred and twenty two yards, three touchdowns, eight point five yards per target, two point three to three yards per route Ran Barrios, you know, I thought there would be a little bit more separation inside in terms of the one on one slot receiver role, and he's made some critical third down catches. I just thought it would be a little bit more expansive than it has been so far. Twenty grabs, one ninety four in a touchdown.
Speaker 1: For Cedric Wilson.
Speaker 2: I'm really curious to see how his role evolves here as the offense, you know, matures from the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: He's been getting more and more involved.
Speaker 2: His size down the red zone has a lot of value, tough contested catches for touchdowns the last two weeks, and he knows the offense from every position, which is obviously supervalue. Valuable, I should say, in terms of the depth on this team. He has nine for one forty eight and two River Craykraft. I can't wait to get him back his blocking and he always is going to be where he's supposed to be. Sixty or six catches, eighty seven yards, one touchdown, top tape appearances for this group. Tyreek has four Patriots, Carolina, Giants, and Chargers. Waddle has two Patriots and Bills. Where Travis got it right, Tyreek is the best receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 1: That's kind of it here.
Speaker 2: I've been off on a lot of these where Travis got it wrong. Injuries didn't help, but I thought Azukama was going to be a the third receiver make a critical massive step this year. Barrios has not been the matchup winner I predicted either. And I've called for massive Waddle days pretty much every week and it's only happened one time. So a lot wrong there for you, boy tight ends. Not a lot to speak about here, but I think both Durham and Julian have been unsung heroes of the offense. Tons of dirty work that goes unnoticed. They have been tremendous helping the edge in pass pro, hitting correct angles on their blocks coming across and split flow and just awesome extensions of what's been a good offensive line. Durham has seventeen grabs for a buck sixty eight, Julian has one for four. Nobody here in the top tapes appearances, but it's tough to get in with that role.
Speaker 1: Just appreciate what those guys have done.
Speaker 2: Where Travis got it right here, Honestly, there's not any I suppose I didn't cry that the sky was falling when the position looked bad in camp where Travis got it wrong. I was a big Elijah Higgins fan. I said he'd be the best tight end on the roster by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Whoops. I also said Tanner Connor is gonna have a big role this year. Whoops.
Speaker 2: Also was out on durham smythe whoops over three across the board there, offensive line?
Speaker 1: What can you say here? Man?
Speaker 2: The connectivity in terms of knowing their roles, getting games and blitz is picked up, getting pushed in the running game, and to have done it through so much attrition a credit to everybody right. Personnel department, coaches, players just total buy in to reteach the way they do things and to be more and more emphatic about the way hands and feet and punch and all that stuff marries together. It's allowed this offense to flourish the way it has individually. To Ron Armstead changes the way you call a game man. He is superb and pass pro. He almost never gets beat, moves guys out in the running game. That his athletic ability off the edge. It's a different level than what Kendall Lamb gives you. As much as I love Kendall, t stads like Austin Jackson athletic obviously, the only thing here with him is availability. He's missed six of the nine games we need him the rest of the way. His pass block efficiency is ninety.
Speaker 1: Nine point four. He's elite. Isaiah Win was elite too. Hopefully he gets back this year.
Speaker 2: Been one of the best left guards in football with fantastic pass pro lots of one on one Wins super connected to Connor or Tehran or Liam or Kendall on his right and left post. He's been kind of a stabilizing force. And that pass block efficiency of ninety nine point one, it's top of the line man. Connor Williams has the exact same pbe ninety nine point one. The way he creates lanes in space, the way he hits those pivotal reach blocks like Tehran. He allows this offense to do things you just cannot do without him. Elite athletic ability, fantastic and solo pass pro tremendous at helping the guards in pass pro. Penalties and aborted snaps are the only downside, but has been a big downside this year so far. Robert Hunt, copy and Paste and the other three guys just enjoy watching him steamroll guys for pancakes every single week. I think he's a pro bowler. He's been beat like three times in pass Pro, and they're bad beats that result in sacks, but otherwise he's a perfect player. Ninety nine percent pass block efficiency. What a year for Austin Jackson. I mean, the elite athletic ability fits the profile of this line to a t. He's a critical part of our outside run game. He's also handled to his blindside as well as anybody could. I think, awesome, awesome season for Austin Jackson. How many guys can say they've gotten top performances out of six offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: I think Kendall Land gives you that.
Speaker 2: The patience that he displays in pass pro mean in the running game, just a total pro. We are so fortunate to have this guy ninety six point eight pass block efficiency, but I feel like that doesn't do.
Speaker 1: His game justice. Lester Cotton.
Speaker 2: I think he's done an admirable job in the role he's been asked to do. Gotten some good surge in the running game, but a couple of times in terms of, you know, connecting on stunts and games inside, I think the backups have strugged where the starters have been really good in that regard ninety five point seven PvE. For Liam I can Burn ninety seven point four. It's good that he's in the role he's in because I think your backup center should be just your backup center and not have to get plugged in a guard.
Speaker 1: Just focus on that position.
Speaker 2: Might even the stretch we'll see, but it's been a rough tape, but I think that there's a role developing there for Liam as the backup center. Rob Jones ninety eight point four pbe Gosh. I hate the injury because he such a good dude and works so hard, but he's played well when he's been out there. And then Keon Smith played five snaps, but I thought he was a guy that had no chance to make the roster, and he did so. He's been showing great improvement and growth over the course of camp. In the preseason top tape appearances. Here we have five guys that have appeared. Toront Armstead was fourth tape in Kansas City, his only appearance. Hunt had won in Philadelphia, he was fourth there. Isaiah Win has two appearances. He was fourth in both the Carolina and Denver games. Kendall Lamb appeared in the open against the Chargers of the fourth top tape. And how about this, Austin Jackson has four appearances in my top five tapes. I had him his number one against the Giants, three against the Bills, three against the Broncos, and three against the Chargers. T Stead was in there for the Denver game, but I took him out because he came out early and went with Connor or rather Austin to win instead. And then Connor has been like just outside the top five and pretty much every game he's played this year. Where Travis got it right that you guys freaked out way too prematurely about where this offensive line was going into the season and how the quarterback can mitigate some of the issues you thought you had. That Rob Hunt is an elite right guard, that Isaiah Winn was a great fit at left guard, that Connor's a top center, and that Lamb can flat out play.
Speaker 1: Where I got it wrong was the guy that's been probably the best.
Speaker 2: I thought, Austin Jackson, like you, probably didn't have it in his game, but he has clearly figured it out at this stage of his career.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's your first half of the season offensive review. We'll do a defense on I believe next Monday's podcast. Let's go ahead and take our last break right here, come back on the other side and update my twenty twenty three season predictions. We'll review where I stand, my original predictions, and where I'm going from here. That's next Draft Time podcast. Your host Travis Wingfield brought to you my autnation. So I've been tinkering with this for a while now because well forty eight hours because.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you guys, but Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night I couldn't sleep and was because my freaking brain kept on rattling through different scenarios and final records and what's see we might finish with I know that's premature, but you know, I was trying to find ways to cope because mentally and emotionally I was not in a good place after that defeat against the Chiefs. But I came to this conclusion, and I think Miami's gonna win the next five games. I've told you guys that for a long time now, especially after that Jets performance. Right, we know that they don't have a quarterbacks, so it's gonna be tough to win games. Even when your defense is elite like theirs is just score thirteen points, you should beat that team, and as long as you don't turn it over, you know, deep in your own territory. The Jets have only scored one touchdown since Week five that started on their own side of the field, and that was in Week five, a seventy two yard Breaste Hall rushing touchdown. They don't score points, but they don't have the ball on unless they're in your territory when they get the football. So at eleven and three, if you win the next five games, you would clinch the AFC East before the Dallas game, unless Buffalo goes three and two or better against this stretch of teams, Denver and the Jets. That's probably two wins at Philly at KC home for Dallas, and then if they don't do it there, they would have to beat the Chargers on set before the Christmas Eve game to keep alive in the AFC East Race. I think Miami clinches the division before that Dallas game. That's my prediction. Let's go ahead and view my first half of the season predictions, which were this going back to September eighth. Honestly, a lot of these are pretty much where I'm at right now. I had, Gosh, these are this is a pretty up. I had Buffalo at twelve and five. I think that's gonna be way off. I had Houston at four and thirteen. That's gonna be way off. Jacksonville nine and eight, it's gonna be a little bit short. I think I had the God, these are all close, man. Washington seven and ten, maybe a little bit off. Green Bay ten and seven, that one's way off. Detroit nine and eight I think will be short by a little bit. I don't Tampa Bay three and fourteen is gonna be off. I rams four and thirteen. I was pretty spot on here, man. My playoffs were this Detroit or in the NFC, my number one seed was Philly, two seed was Seattle, my three seed was green Bay, My four sea was Atlanta. My wild cards were Dallas, San Francisco and Detroit.
Speaker 1: That's pretty close. Man. In the A I had one through seven.
Speaker 2: Seed was Case, Miami, Baltimore, Jacksonville, ISS your division winners, and then Buffalo, Cincinnati and Los Angeles. That feels pretty good, and I had the Dolphins over the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Now my predictions now, I've changed them, not much, though, here's what I'm going with. In the NFC, I think Philly is the best team in football sixteen and one, Dallas ten and seven. I just think there's a tough games there for Dallas, even though I like him a lot. Washington's seven and ten, so I stayed there. The Giants I don't have winning a game the rest of the way two and fifteen, but I only had him with five wins in my other predictions, so not bad.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: In the North, I have Detroit eleven and six, Minnesota and green Bay both eight and nine. I was too high on Jordan Love Chicago three and fourteen. That's about where I was. In the South, I have the Saints at ten and seven and the Falcons nine in a only because they played the whole division like over again and that division's awful. Tampa six and eleven, Carolina three and fourteen. In the West, I have Frisco. I flipped it there. I had Seattle winning the division at the start of the year. Gave me San Francisco at twelve and five, Seattle eleven and six, Rams seven and ten, and Cardinals at three and fourteen now that they have Kyler back in the AFC, Miami twelve and five. I had them at thirteen and four, so one game less Buffalo actually, and you know what, I have Miami resting.
Speaker 1: Stars in Week eighteen losing the game to Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I would go thirteen and four, Buffalo ten and seven, Jets seven and ten, which is two games off where I had them in the preseason, and the Patriots five and twelve. I had them at six and eleven, Baltimore fourteen and three, Bengals twelve and five, Cleveland and Pittsburgh both eight and nine. In the South, Jacksonville wins eleven and six, Houston nine and eight, Indian Tennessee both seven and ten, and then the West case fourteen and three Chargers excuse me, ten and seven, Denver seven and ten, in Las Vegas five and twelve. So that gives you an AFC playoff picture of this number seven seed Buffalo at number two seed Baltimore, number six Chargers come to Miami for the three seeded Dolphins and the Cincinnati Bengals are the first wild card. They visit Jacksonville on wild Card weekend. I have Baltimore winning, I have the Dolphins winning. I have Cincinnati winning. But if Buffalo were to beat Baltimore, in that scenario, you would then host the AFC Divisional Round, and then after that, I have my beating Baltimore. I have KC beating Cincinnati, but in that scenario, if Cincinnati beats KC, you would host the AFC Championship game. In the NFC, there is not a seven seed that is deserving of it's it's gonna be six teams and then somebody else in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 2: It's like, go look at the NFC and tell me who you picked that seven seed. Like it's like Commanders Vikings, like there's not a good option for it. But I went Falcons against the Niners, Dallas number six at number three, Detroit number five, Seattle at the Saints in the NFC South Division winners. So in the division round, I have Seattle in San Francisco, Dallas at Philly, and then I have a repeat of last year's MC championship game at San Francisco. Who loses to Philly? And then I flipped my Super Bowl pick. It was Miami over Philly. I'm going Miami or Philly rather over over Miami. I think Philly is unstoppable. Man, They're just two good. So that's my updated predictions. I feel really good about this. And it's another feather in the cap of if you're process changes dramatically after one or two games, your process sucks. That's good to I guess another feather in the cap of the old tring field over here.
Speaker 1: All right, that's my time on the podcast. We'll come back.
Speaker 2: The next time I talk to you guys should be the JT. O. Solivan episode. Not one hundred percent sure on that, so no hold too that. In the meantime, you all please be sure subscribe, rate, review all that fun stuff. Follow me on social at Wingfold NFL and the team at Miami Dolphins. Fish Tank Podcast with Seth and Jews. Check out the team YouTube channel for media availabilities and Dolphins Today, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finn's up, Caroline and Cameron, Daddy
Speaker 1: He's coming home.