Speaker 1: You don't know, should about shout this? Dude? Did you watch the fight? The coke T shirt?
Speaker 2: I know, but look at this guy like you saidden the voice of an angel?
Speaker 1: What Yeah? Chills, dude, chills.
Speaker 2: That guy's got a bad guys got a pocket full of g h B probably to stay the fuck away from him.
Speaker 1: T shirt and cargo shorts. Yeah, with the Oakley's I think in his cargo pocket. Oh so the dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I didn't watch the fight because I it's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I knew, we knew what it was.
Speaker 3: I had my own evolution because also, again, I don't know how many times I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Fall for this dude's about to beat Logan Paul's ass gonna happen that that trick. It's happened to me fucking seven.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't have watched, though, because the fight before the Paulityson fight was incredible.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the ladies' names, but they were. Was that the one that ended controversially?
Speaker 4: It ended controversially, but I swear to god, they threw like a thousand punches each.
Speaker 1: It was so fucking wild. It was so crazy, just trading blows. It was very it was very entertaining.
Speaker 3: So to escape it, I went to go see Red One, and it was so funny. When we were walking through the mall to the movie theater, so many dudes like would have phones out and people were like, how we doing?
Speaker 1: How we doing? Like it was the fucking World Series or so.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw people in LA looking at other men with their phones, I'd be like, how we doing?
Speaker 1: How we do? It was the World Series?
Speaker 3: And I caught it happened like twice, but that was still odd to see that happen twice.
Speaker 2: In all were like one dude to another was like, hey, you watch it, well, how we doing?
Speaker 1: What we doing? How we doing? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: And what was the the assumption that they were cheering for Mike Tyson when you.
Speaker 1: Watch the fight.
Speaker 4: The audience in the arena, which was like I think seventy thousand people, like when they announced Paul dead. Ass quiet, yeah, people, The excitement was purely for Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: People were really like, Yo, he's back.
Speaker 3: It's honestly genius to be to bait people with the promise of being like, and you will see they're dead, It's gonna come back, sir, Right, they're gonna get their come up. It's know the fuck they're not who fools, But thank you for your money and we'll keep it moving.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this weak trend edition of Guys. Yeah we're not going to my heart radio streaming. Man, I don't even is Jack O'Brien that over there is Miles Gray. You might know us from Blue Ski where we're going. Shut up Blue, shout up everybody on Blue Sky. I'm it really feels like Twitter. I'm just being like, does anybody have the new FIFA?
Speaker 3: Like I'm just I'm using it like a fucking dorm hall message board, just throwing shit up, just or whatever.
Speaker 1: Great talking everybody. Oh yeah, keep hitting me up for those discord invites.
Speaker 3: I'll get through them, like I have to do it in batches, but I'll make sure everybody gets a discord invite if you want to find me, Miles of Gray, Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're there, everybody, and I'm Jacob one or jack Ob one, but.
Speaker 3: It's spelled like the fancy European spelling of j Yeah, like Jakob, Like oh yeah ob jack Oh that's yakub.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Uh, this is the episode where we tell you what's trending on this Monday morning, also tell you what's going on with us by giving you a.
Speaker 1: Little overrated underrated. Uh.
Speaker 2: For us, we get to we get to do the overrated underrated this time.
Speaker 1: You get a glimpse in our screwy guests. Now that's uh, give us a taste of our own medicine. Uh.
Speaker 2: And Miles, let's kick it off with a little underrated what's something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Wait, Terry, right, he's the kicker, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, let's kick things off like Adam vinit. Terry, I got it. Look, I got my NFL references are dated. If you haven't got any of that.
Speaker 1: Let's kick things off like Justin Tucker the Greatest Quon Barkley Charles is Kid anyway, what are you underrated? Underrated? Oh dude? Watching cheesy movies in the theater? So I saw Red One with her Madge.
Speaker 3: We went because we were like looking at what's out. I'm like, look, I'm I'm about this holiday movie life.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, let's go. H. She wilfully accepted.
Speaker 3: We went this was this was be because I didn't want to watch the Mike Tyson Fight.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, let's go to a movie. I would rather watch Chess.
Speaker 3: And it was just it's quite an experience because in the beginning, most of the movies I'll see are like our ra like adult movies or whatever, and it's usually not on opening night.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting to go to like a movie that's.
Speaker 2: Somewhat kid focused, even though it's like not like a PGPG kind of movie.
Speaker 1: I think it's PG thirteen.
Speaker 3: And there's this moment during the trailers they played some violent ass fucking trailer for this new Marvel movie like Craven or The Killer or some shit.
Speaker 1: Crave on the Hunter. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this dud's like stabbing a guy in the throat a bunch in the trailer and it's like, my wild ass Marvel trailer. Then as soon as it ended, this little boy behind us was sobbing and was like, why.
Speaker 1: Does everything have to be so scary? Yeah?
Speaker 3: At first, my heartless inner teenager laughed at his ass because like, motherfucker, we in the movies. Bro Okay, that wasn't even a Red Band trailer. Then I snap back to reality. I remembered I was also the parent of a young child, and I was like, yeah, why the fuck is this shit all scary?
Speaker 1: Man? They got kids in here, Yeah, they don't need to see all this.
Speaker 2: Even'm at that age two where I'm like, why'd y'all do this?
Speaker 1: What'd you buy there?
Speaker 2: We just watched Apollo thirteen last night. Was not It's way older than I remember it being, I guess because I only watched it when it had first come.
Speaker 1: Out, but it, uh that shit is old. Tom Hanks is a young man.
Speaker 2: And it opens with Kevin Bacon, who's a real his character type I would describe as poonhound.
Speaker 1: And it opens with him doing.
Speaker 2: Talking to a woman and like being like, here's a bottle and like, pretend this ball he's going into your cavity, right, And it goes in and glides in there so nice and smooth, and it feels so good.
Speaker 1: It's like, ohife was like what the fuck? Man?
Speaker 2: It was just you know, it's like I don't like have a have a little double entendre up top, but like that's that's not even.
Speaker 1: Double when you're putting a bottle into a Yeah, we know. Uh.
Speaker 3: Then the best part though, there was this woman sitting in the front row and mind you. The theater wasn't like fully packed, so like you, there was no need to sit in the front row at all, Like this was a conscious decision by this person to sit there.
Speaker 1: She laughed at damn near everything that was audience bullseye. There was just one where like Crampis came out and she's like.
Speaker 2: And then there was another part where like these snow men came out like to fight body and it was like a full body turned sideways in your seat, full body laughters.
Speaker 3: It was and so and it was wild too because like in the beginning, I was like, this shit is annoying, like you are you high? Like that that wasn't even a joke, Like there were things that weren't even there were like transitional sentences and she'd be.
Speaker 1: Like and I was like, this is fucking weird.
Speaker 3: Then it was funny because I was like I was starting to predict when she would laugh, and I would like nudge her majesty next one like here comes here, cos gonna laugh at this, And it became a game then endearing because it was clear this person was just getting the biggest kick out of the movie. And in a way, it like being around. Whether it was the child who thought the trailer was too scary, or the woman loving every line in the front row. It like brought me kind of back to earth in this way that was very underrated that I did not expect. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but in that context where like you're forced to be around people being themselves in like a very honest way and just kind of be.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, cool, all right, all right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some people said that during the election results they just like went to a movie and uh that, like I wish.
Speaker 1: I had done something like that.
Speaker 2: Beca's a lot of pain, slow downing, ice cold realizations that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just made it made.
Speaker 2: I made a doll of cells a out of a bunch of hair I found in the bathtub. Yeah, great advice. All right, my underrated Mexico uh pronounced by some as Mexico. Okay, So, first of all, just for my whole life ever since the George W. Bush presidency, when people talk about moving out of the US because the incoming administration is a nightmare and no shade that people are perfectly especially right now, within their rights to be like that.
Speaker 1: I I want to get the fuck out of here. The move has always been Canada.
Speaker 2: We should we should look at Canada's because it's white, uh huh in Mexico English yet. Yeah, but Mexico seems like, first of all, just seems better based on everything that I've heard. We we have somebody who works on this show who has moved to Mexico, Brian the editor, and it's me everybody telling us this for a long time, that it's a lovely place, but not that you should move there.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't move there.
Speaker 4: Only some people should move to Mexico because it is an adjustment. It is a different place culturally, and you have to you have to come correct or you're gonna have you're gonna have problems.
Speaker 1: Check with Brian first, Yeah, ask Brian before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check out my my word press and my other the thing that people blog with and all the other stuff.
Speaker 3: But you're but your's it's not merely the living there part just kind of in the in its totality because I know that.
Speaker 1: Guess who has a woman as president right now?
Speaker 2: Guess who just brands basically, So yeah, like the post election conversations about neoliberalism being at a dead end, and also the argument that like actually Kamala did pretty well, like compared to how incumbent parties everywhere else in Western countries like got cleaned out after There is a one word answer to both of those, and it is Mexico. The incumbent party just won a landslide in June by running on a camp running a campaign that was like basically just defined neoliberalism as an upward wealth redistribution method.
Speaker 1: Oh right, basically this is our system right at present. This your system is neoliberalism, and it just makes rich people richer at the expense of you. They they get your money, is essentially what it is. And they were just very clear in their messaging. They've been in power since twenty eighteen, this party, and then this was the successor coming through and win Amelo and then he picked Claudia to succeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know it just it feels like this in a world where people where the mainstream media didn't have this massive pro neoliberalism bias, this would be a massive fucking story that everybody would be talking about right now. And instead it's just like when you google the Marina landslide victory, like the first story is the economist being like why they're on it, why this sends Mexico down a dangerous path because yeah, and like one of the details, so Chappo had like an episode about the history of this party, i think last week, and one of the details that stuck out to me was just they had to do a thing that seems like super extreme. But the president basically every single morning would have these hour long press conferences every day and they would just be like live streamed to like answer people's questions, answer the media's questions and just redefine like the mainstream media as corrupt, neoliberalism is corrupt, and just like give answers directly to the people.
Speaker 1: And I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: The media was like this is like authoritarianism, but it worked.
Speaker 1: It like allowed them.
Speaker 2: Like I said, that is the big thing that you run into in the US over and over again, is like any sort of economically populist messaging is going to get redefined as like unrealistic, childish, too extreme. And the way they did it was just like every day, first thing in the morning, they just talk directly to the people for like hours, which is seems crazy, but.
Speaker 1: Just talking to Oprah count Oprah's of people.
Speaker 2: And they these videos have like millions of views and it's like a fucking president talking about policy.
Speaker 1: They have like millions of views.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, Jack, that shit was very very foreign and unnerving seeing that happen. It's very weird as an American to hear hits of state talk about policy and not just sling.
Speaker 1: Mud and do like weirdo shit and memes. Yeah, right right. They're definitely like not perfect.
Speaker 2: They used a lot of like populist rhetoric to take power, and the policy hasn't been as strongly environmental or feminist as a lot of people had hoped. But again, like that's it's a massive deal that they were able to do this, that they're one of the few places that succeeded in having the incumbent party re elected at her you know, the post pandemic like period of economic turmoil, and it's just getting actively ignored by the mainstream media because it's like such a.
Speaker 3: Fucking you know, yeah, you're not going to see like a New York Times op at I'm like what we can learn from Mexico exactly.
Speaker 4: It's funny because like during that election, the New York Times did have an op ed and they chose to focus on how Jewish cloudy ash Einbaum is, which is the most New York Times thing I've ever heard, like as a negative or no, just that was their pure focus is that she's a woman and that she she's Jewish, and that was the only thing they were interested in.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: And it's just like, let's not focus on the policy, let's just get so drilled down on this part of the identity that like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was all identity politics and it's very frustrating.
Speaker 1: And they didn't talk about anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, huh, but I mean they like all the things we've been talking about, like that the Democratic Party or you know, a challenger party that doesn't currently exist needs to do like villainize the people like the wealthy and the people who the establishment parties and the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Like they did all that.
Speaker 2: They like just had very clear, concise messaging that focused on like the aspects of the existing order of things that are causing people's lives to be difficult and just kept drilling that message over and over again. I don't think it's easy, but it does seem like it could be fairly simple. You know, like by definition you need to keep it simple a little bit. But anyways, it's uh, I don't know, makes me somewhat hopeful that it exists, not necessarily hopeful that it can exist in this country.
Speaker 1: But again, there is a rich history of of distrusting the government and you know, those sorts of struggles, So it's it's just sort of in built, yeah, to be more receptive to that sort of rhetoric. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: At the same time, they had like one party that was in power for like, you know, decades and decades. So like if it does feel like if you told people twenty years ago that this is where Mexico would be, they would probably be pretty skeptical that it could work, you know, at that time. So yeah, well I think that's also the way things are talked about in the US. The second you talk about helping people, white people go okay, well who's paying for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, there's no like, oh, that's that sounds like a net benefit for society. The first fucking thing people talk about is like, well, what do I get or who's paying for it? And if not, then fuck all that, which which tends to slow the momentum down. But yeah, anyway, So but Brian black Man, who grew up in La like in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah, it's it is. I I when I walk around my neighborhood, I am constantly like, holy shit, I can't believe I'm living in a place that makes sense. Like I'm literally just stunned.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, people are people are nice, and there's stuff to do and uh like yeah, It's just it blows my mind that I don't have to feel miserable most of the time just living life.
Speaker 1: Well take that, because I was really.
Speaker 4: I was really struggling in America and it you know, and I knew it was I knew I was just having America problems.
Speaker 1: That was the thing. So as soon as I as soon as I got an opportunity to uh leave, which how I was kind of funny, but I did leave, and yeah, pre smoke bombed down and just here said he said, I'm off this ship. Yeah, but yeah, I'm glad I took I'm glad I took the.
Speaker 4: Chance and uh and and got out on not onlike some weird like oh well that's it, Like, oh this guy didn't win, then I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: I was like it was just sort of slowly you became allergic to me in the US. You're like, I just can't do this anymore. He is rejecting this country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was literally killing me.
Speaker 1: I was not doing well well the fortunate position that we're all in.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hey, underrated, under under Mexico truly is underrated. Yeah, Miles Gray, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Look, this was the weekend of watching Holiday Ship, So you know, I fucking watched Hot Frosty baby, you know, and the thing that's a.
Speaker 2: Little overrated, just the wanting to be in a relationship with someone with the mental capacity of a child trope just.
Speaker 3: Begins to I forget who was on Twitter. Someone said it was kind of a perfect description. They said, Hot Frosty is Encino man meets elf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which again totally fish out of water where people fall in love with one two fuck yeah, like whether they're a cave person or someone who has the innocence of a child.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, it was hot Frosty first of all. Fine, it was funny, like they it had its like moments. So like in terms of like holiday movies, it does its thing. I think the like, if this thing is great, I think those reviews are a little overblown, but I think comparatively, when you look at like a Hallmark movie, like yeah, this shit is better than like what we see on the Hallmark channel. But there's just there's just like these times where this character like has no concept of things like even clothes, and then you're like, hold on, dude, this dude don't even know what clothes are. And we're like we're starting to look at this dude like maybe he's a partner, Like potentially maybe.
Speaker 1: I was like, maybe they'll do the thing.
Speaker 3: I was like, maybe they'll do the thing for him, right, maybe he's merely a lesson for Lacy shay Bear and then she'll be able to move on with her life from the lessons gained from her like interactions with us now yeah yeah yeah, but not the case. So it's just interesting, Like as we watched it, her Vassy and I'm both like she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna end up with the with the snow.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we thought that wouldn't be the obviously that's what's gonna happen, But during it, we're like he was like looking at like there's like a scene where he's like looking at medical records, and we're like, how the fuck this guy doesn't even know, Like he didn't even know how basic things operated. Now he's looking at medical records trying to make sense of stuff. It's there's just like these little details. When you add him up, you're like, it's kind of hard to have this. I think it's also it's hard to pull off as a script to have a character who knows nothing about anything and then has to build on because suddenly they say things that clearly are based on like experience, that don't make sense. We're like whatever, at the end of the day, that's where I have to suspend my disbelief.
Speaker 1: It was just a little bit. I think that Trope's a little bit overrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think in the original Frosty song, he's alive as he could be. The children say, he could laugh and play just the same as you and me. But he's also clumsy as fuck. Yeah, we see him lopping along.
Speaker 1: Right, and he doesn't have like the abs of like a spartan. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about this, I think on Friday, but it is always weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Fucking Emma Stone movie Poor Things is basically a satire of this, but yeah, it's like I was raised on this shit with Big and you know, man like and Big is like so wild. First of all, he like is trying to get older to like hook up with a girl, and and then he like gets older and stills the brain of a child and like starts hooking up with a middle aged woman, and like when they are about to hook up, like he is like touches her like like a childhood in a way that would be so intensely off putting, and they're like, yeah, she's into it.
Speaker 1: That's just because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much of those films are just like wish fulfillment for manchild writers, you know what I mean. Yeah, Like we don't write, we don't realize that like then we see it as a movie.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is telling us something about our world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Splash is one of these movies. Mannequin on an Apollo thirteen the pea thing. I've written before about his obsession with peeing and Apollo thirteen is a great example where they just like cut to a scene in the middle that like has nothing to do with anything, where he peas, and then they eject it out of the spaceship into space and like show his pee in like little beaded droplets floating through space. Clearly the work of somebody with a weird fetish about making us all experiences. But then there's like a part later where like there's a pea bag floating around aimlessly. They just like focus on that guy's a real pee freak.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: There's like a catheter joke where like one of the characters thinks he got sick because he used the catheter of the poonhound guy and like caught the clap from him.
Speaker 1: It's all the things you miss.
Speaker 2: The Little Mermaid Brian the editor just pointed out also a great example of this of the mind of a child, body of a goddess, mind of a child. Yeah, it's very very strange that we've all just agreed with us, all right, my overrated big fancy aquariums, just like my assumption of like what a good aqua is, what a good I don't know. I went to a small aquarium and Sam Pedro, I took my kids camping in San Pedro this weekend and we went to this small aquarium that was in the midst of a renovation. But rather than like shutting down, they just like let us walk through the guts of like the back area where the scientists are working, Like they just like opened that up and it was wild.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They're just like back there like with green bubbling cauldrons trying to like get the algae right.
Speaker 1: And all this shit.
Speaker 3: They were like doing legit work because the way you say that would just wear up that bunsen burner in that or like you know, yeah wild if they're like just one dude, just poor stuff back and forth and test tubes are like, hey, we're at work here at the aquarium.
Speaker 2: We watched them doing an experiment where they were taking water from one aquarium, uh with like an animal that was a predator, and pouring it into the other to see how like the animals in that would respond to the like signoles or you know, like whatever pheromone signals that the predator animals give off. And then it was next to just like a giant tide pool. I don't know, just generally, like judging a book by its cover, like if you just like push through the like something that seems messy, you might have a you might have a good time. We camped in this campground where we were under attack by thirteen raccoons the whole weekend. They were like trying to get your shit get yeah, trying to get food. Like a couple of people left food in their tents and the raccoons were unafraid. Oh yeah, that terrifying feeling of an animal that you're used to. When you show up, they scamper away, Yeah, just coming towards you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, what's up, what's up? What's up? And you can feel their little hands on your tent probably, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: The only way I was able to get to sleep was by convincing myself they couldn't operate zippers, which.
Speaker 1: I hope they could. Yeah, but yeah, my kids were freaked out. We pushed through it.
Speaker 2: We slept next to the raccoon nest, and you know, it turned out great. Now I feel like they're less afraid of raccoons than they would have been. I woke up those little bites all over my body, and now I'm terrified of.
Speaker 1: Water for some reason. Yeah, it was worth it. I just get that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I get those like little white specks, and sometimes it's all a.
Speaker 1: Perfect circle of them all the way around my mouth.
Speaker 2: Anyways, shout out to doing things that are uncomfortable and look weird at first. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news, and we're back and yeah, So the Tyson Paul about happened. A lot of people watched it. Cryptos gammer fighting a convicted rapist, enjoy it, you pieces of shit? Seemed to be the thesis statement of the Netflix production.
Speaker 3: Oh this is giving you hope. Look in the mirror, but also tune in. He might win, he might win.
Speaker 1: There's some everybody, so many people. I had to talk so many people down from different threads, like I can't believe I'm watching this. I just need to see this happen.
Speaker 2: And I was just amazed how much people were really putting into this fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, falling for it, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people came in hoping this would like give us some solace in the aftermath of the election, like uh, like the Onion buys info wars, like whereas Tyson beats up this like mega influencer. But I feel like what we got instead was like a surprisingly close approximation of the first debate between Biden and Trump, Like we just got the message, we got the moral of the election. Underlined three hundreds more times. We're like, we knew our guy was way too old. There had never been someone this old doing this sort of thing for a reason, And the second it started, we were immediately like, oh, oh, he's old old like he yeah, he's wearing a knee brace.
Speaker 1: That that fucking kills me.
Speaker 3: He wore a knee brace in the ring, is just yeah, that's really you don't I don't like Mike's legs.
Speaker 1: I don't like Mike's legs.
Speaker 2: That for some reason, Richeld's saying that over and over is just jammed in my brain.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is a specific like analysis too.
Speaker 2: It's like you're not even talking about the punch, Like I don't like his legs right now? Yeah, yeah, I kept checking him because I was on enough text threads with people who are watching it and I couldn't not.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like it did give us two great media moments. Did you see the pre fight interview with his son with Mike Tyson's Sun. So Mike tyson Son is interviewing him U in his locker room before the fight, and he has like a pretty straightforward like I'm I'm gonna hurt him like it'll be glorious, saying gives a son a kiss and then slowly walks away and doesn't have his shorts on. He just has like the fight belt jockstrap thing and so you can see his whole ass. It was straight up like a comedy bit, like it couldn't have been more well timed, like to cut the there's so much.
Speaker 1: Tension before a fight like that. And then it was pretty wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeats all the way, old ass. And then obviously there was the great interview with uh I guess the Jazzy Gara, the of Jazzy's World, a popular social media brand, where they entered you famous people and they asked Mike Tyson what does legacy? What does this mean for your legacy? And he just got he got like bleak, like the first season of True Detective. It was just like, we're all here dead.
Speaker 6: I mean absolutely nothing to me. I'm just passing through. I'm gonna die and it's gonna be over. Who cares about legacy after that? No win nothing, Well, you're dead with dust, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: I Like he's looking at a child who's like just the eye line.
Speaker 2: It's just so funny that he's addressing a child like we're dead with dust, and then the little girl's like mm hmmm, happening to be polite.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, thank you, thank you. Our legacy is nothing. Well, thank you so much for sharing that.
Speaker 2: That is something that I have not heard before someone say that as an answer.
Speaker 1: Very polite, very polite. Really I'm twelve full, But thank you for that. I appreciate that. Yeah, so that was that was the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah that this and then yeah, but like Netflix really doesn't have live sports down.
Speaker 1: They really every.
Speaker 2: Time one of these and like it also happens with like Amazon Prime Football games. Like I think they've gotten it down a little bit better. But every time you see a streaming a streamer trying to a live event, you're like, oh, like all those people who like worked for cable companies all those years were like good at what they did, right, Like the Yeah, like I feel like the one deal I didn't know I was appreciating throughout my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix has a bad track record because like even when they did like tel All's for some of their reality shows, I think that's when they first started doing live ones, it was like a disaster.
Speaker 1: The Malaney Shows actually ended up.
Speaker 2: Being the least mess like in terms of like streaming infrastructure, like wasn't.
Speaker 1: Falling up everybody's in la. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: One felt like it wasn't doing the thing where subtly it's like it stopped playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they like leaned into the mess of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. All right, let's talk about some Trump appointees. Baby, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So we got RFK Junior, which I don't know had that happened, but when we yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that that's when we pushed through right before. Let's just get through this, y'all. We know what this means. It's happened RFK at HHS.
Speaker 2: Yeah so uh noted paragon of health and just like how to be a human being. RFK Junior will be Trump's nominade ahead the Department of Health and Human Services. Obviously the brain worm will be implicitly the Deputy head of Health and Human Services, Tiles may what dough In terms of his plan to do away with vaccines, I don't know people are there's like a lot of stories about like it's gonna actually be harder than you think, because like undoing approved vaccines would require submitting evidence of harm that meets the FDA's standards to prove harm.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: First of all, like the FDA is wildly underfunded and easily captured in our in our experience having paid attention, they're just like too small to do their job. And even if they people are pointing out that even if they were like on board with his fuckery, they'd get tied up in lawsuits.
Speaker 1: But I mean, the big thing is you're you're, you're, they're screwing up for a fight against the pharmaceutical industry.
Speaker 3: So I'm curious how that that's the fight really, you know, regardless of what they do, it's a pharmaceutical industry that has the like it's in their interest to keep pumping out different medicines and things like that to be sold. So that's the fight that I'm curious, Like, well, they just bow to the administration. Are they going to fight for their lives to make the line go up or are they gonna who will they represent?
Speaker 1: Their sharehold? Bad guys gonna win hopefully the one that doesn't kill us all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, well, at least they make medicine. Yeah, we're again we're gonna I don't know, we're gonna be rooting for you know, whoever against RFK and the FDA or yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like does he completely I don't know. It's yeah.
Speaker 2: People are pointing out, like as with reproductive healthcare, like they could just make access to vaccines more onerous and costly, which you know, getting the CDC to scale back their efforts to promote vaccines, including Vaccines for Children, which is a program that provides free vaccines for children low income families. I could see stuff like that getting you know, falling by the wayside, which would be very significant because vaccine adoption needs to be pretty uniform, right, Yeah, and measles cases are not going down. Yeah, his plan for no longer adding fluoride to drinking water. People have pointed out that actually happens in the state and local level, so water utility companies do that. I'm sure there's some pressure he could put on that.
Speaker 3: But this is a thing that always happens that they get these freaks in who are like I'm gonna do all this shit, and.
Speaker 1: It's like you read the fine print.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, you can't actually do that, Like you can advise that, but like with something specific like the fluoridation and water, that's like you're saying that's not you don't have control over that. I'm sure you can get the Red States to go along with you, but aside from that, that's not something you can do across the board. And all these people who enter office, like even in the first administration, like, oh, we're doing away with that, and they're like, wait, how do.
Speaker 1: I I can't huh, but.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing that's why there's the Project twenty twenty five version of what they want to do with the FDA, which is more specific and probably has more of like a tactical.
Speaker 1: Policy sort of strategy.
Speaker 3: And then you get these like rhetorical monsters who come in and they're like we're getting rid of oxygen fuck out of here. Yeah, and you're like, Okay, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: The one place that he does seem to make good points is his stance against ultra processed foods, like that that is in alignment with science that like the government is way too permissive when it comes to ultra processed food and like there there is a connection between nutrition and a lot of the chronic diseases that affect Americans on a daily basis. He also completely and immediately abandoned his uh you know, processed food stance on like a photo op level, because coming in he was like, yeah, Donald Trump is like, you know what he eats I would mostly qualify as poison and inedible. And because that was making the rounds, there was a shot of him eating McDonald's with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: He's this is.
Speaker 3: This is totally a mob boss move that Trump did on our FK. Yeah, he's like, oh yeah, I mean poison, Sit the fuck down and eat some. He's like, it's like having to do just like, oh I don't do drugs. It's like, no, you gonna do this cocaine right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you want to want to down right.
Speaker 3: Like And because you can see his face in it, he's like, uh shit, here I am with does everybody have it?
Speaker 1: Looks like everyone's order is chicken nuggets and a sandwich.
Speaker 2: I guess I just want to point out Elon Musk's eating habits in this picture where they're all on the plane eating McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Look at his how he eats French fries.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got the fry carton out, but he just dumps a bunch of ketchup on the top, Like so he has to touch a bunch of ketchup fries rather than putting your ketchup on a thing, and then you dip your fries in the ketchup?
Speaker 1: Am I fucking am? I am I missing something here? His fries. Yeah, he's like treating it like it's pasta marinera Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just dumping it onto anyway, what a mess? Again, Like if there are more reasons to be upset about this man's existence, I found I found even more pedantic.
Speaker 1: I think that's number one. I think that's my number one. Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot going on, but like look at the ways dude eats fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, like I don't know that this is as convincing.
Speaker 2: A you know, video photo op of like McDonald's eating as the rocks cheat days. You know, like, m really, I'm totally eating all of this. Why's that bucket next to you?
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up and shut the fuck up, Shut the fuck up. Yeah, Trump's eating his day.
Speaker 3: He's he has his order though he that man eats filet of fishes, and that is I know that blue box from a mile away.
Speaker 2: But it's a it's a good point that it does seem like the place that we can probably assume this administration is not going to stick by their campaign promises, is anything that is going to hurt massive corporations. His massive corporations are just gonna, you know, go ahead and kiss their ass and do whatever it takes to.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, big pharma.
Speaker 2: They they gave more money to Republicans than Democrats this cycle.
Speaker 1: They probably knew.
Speaker 2: So we also there are a couple more Apollo yes, yeah, over the weekend. So okay, remember we were talking about that guy Brendan Carr who was on the FCC is like a commissioner at the FCC during when.
Speaker 1: Kamalo was on sn OS like this is all illegal and it's like it isn't.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, surprise, he's tapped to be the head of the FCC. That's what I thought he was, because that's how the mainstream media like covered it. They were like, uh, he's the what was he a commissioner commissioner, which I assumed was like David Stern is the commissioner of the NBA.
Speaker 1: This guy is the commissioner of the FCC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, he would be the chairman, because right now the chairwoman is Jessica Rose and Morsel and so just you know, just so you know a little background of this guy. He penned a chapter in Project twenty twenty five about how to tackle content moderation and stuff online.
Speaker 1: So prepare for that.
Speaker 3: And I think you can also expect him to go after things like net neutrality like uh agit pie did in.
Speaker 1: Trump's first administration.
Speaker 3: So those are the kinds of things you can expect from him. The other thing, Pete Hegseth, the Secretary of Defense nominee who everyone's like, this guy is so unqualified. Also, he's like an extremist and has been like identified as like a potential like it threat to like the military because of his extremist views and tattoos.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have been talking about.
Speaker 3: His like crusader tats that he has with like the motto that says like it's like Latin, that says God wills it that is used by every kind of unsavory, extremist, violent fuck you can think of.
Speaker 1: So people are like, uh, a lot of mass shooters use this term. We heard this certain term at Charlottesville too.
Speaker 3: And he's just like No, it's like it's like a it's like a thing. I just I just like, it's just like a Christian thing.
Speaker 2: And also we found out he's settled a lawsuit when he was accused of sexual assault back in twenty seventeen. Again, in a normal world, these are all disqualifying things. But right now we have the guy who hates science running the FDA at AHHS and you know, you know, just just go down the list. Everything is the antithesis of what it should be. Yeah, that's what we thought it was going to be, right, Yeah, yeah, I told us it was going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's like I think there's even reporting where they're like, you know, Trump knew about all this stuff too, was like, I don't care to. He's like, yeah, they I'm a convicted felon and adjudicated rapist as well, So that's not it's not disqualifying in this administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: And checking in with Joe Biden on his way out, he went viral. Over the weekend, he became the first sitting US president to visit the Amazon rainforest, where he stressed the importance of combating climate change, saying today I'm proud to be here first sitting US president visits Amazon rainforest.
Speaker 5: Recmmitch, protecting the rainforest like this one, folks, we don't have to between the environment and the ecounmy, oh really so yeah, it's just like he's for protecting the environment as long as it's profitable.
Speaker 3: Right, right, is as profitable, then it's fine if it But if look, come on, look and you know where I'm.
Speaker 1: Going with this. I liked I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked the environment, but I had money, and money's better. Money's better. He then turned away from the podium, which was in front of the rainforest and appeared to just like wander into the rainforest and like there's a path going back behind him, and then he like looks like he wanders off the path.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our writer Jamput said he looked like Bigfoot returning to the woods at the end of Harry and the Henderson's.
Speaker 1: Timely reference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people were saying that a lot of other people left in that same direction after the thing, that there was a path to the right that was I mean, although I love the version where he earnestly was just.
Speaker 1: Like fuck ith, he's lost. I'm going back into nature where I belong It did make.
Speaker 2: Me wonder would an animal, if given the chance, eat Joe Biden. Like, you know, I think the amount of ben gay that is emanating from his body is probably a deterrent of some kind. Yeah, and like I think he's probably meant delated, Yes exactly, you know so much like so medicinal. I feel like he probably smells like an embalmed corpse, like mixed with bengay. Yeah, and yeah, I feel I feel like he would just walk straight through the rainforest, untouched by even mosquitoes.
Speaker 1: Just come out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the mosquitos will probably die eating.
Speaker 1: Hey, come on, Jack, and like the mosquitoes all just die immediate around him. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, hey that's cool, Joe, just do it. Just do a quick Brazil trip, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you've probably got no discernible blood type at this point, right, Oh no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's probably like a sound rather than like a A or B.
Speaker 2: Like his blood type is the sound of an inhale. Yeah, exhale being played backwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, We're.
Speaker 2: It's the big weekend Gladiator two and Wicked coming out together or the same.
Speaker 1: At the same time. I didn't realize that. Why do you think everyone's calling this weekend Cardiator? What?
Speaker 2: No, I guess it glicked?
Speaker 1: Glicked.
Speaker 2: That looks like it looks Yeah, the way they're spelling it looks like glicked. And because it is just a creation of the media, that's how.
Speaker 1: Most people are encountering it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're trying to recapture the magic of Barbenheimer with glicked, which, yeah, it just sounds like clicked, reminds people of Martin Short. I personally am writing for Wick Cardiator, Wick Cardiator. I think like that's the fun part of the word gladiator is the adiator gadiator and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, either one not as good as Barbenheimer.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, or Boppenheimer trying to make yeah, stop trying to God. The whole of Barbenheimer was that it was just a big, stupid, fun to say, made up word, and they've taken that away and done glicked, Yeah, which yeah, sounds like Jimmy Glick reference or like spitting from under your tongue or something like that. Yeah, I do that a lot of At least they have the sixties right now on Metacritic. By the way, Metacritic the so you're pointing out like hot Frosty soft Frosty was a hot Frosty, right, hard Frosty.
Speaker 1: I guess would be what it's so fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Like we were talking about how all of the reviews are fresh on the Tomato Tamatometer. Yeah, but when you go on Metacritic, it's actually like in the fifties. So I think the really strong review score or is probably due to the shortcomings of the Tomato meetings. It's hard to Yeah, it's hard to reconcile all of those things, especially with a genre like the Christmas movie too. Yeah, Gladiator two is in the sixties, which is right where I want Gladiator too. I want it to be like dumb enough that it offends like most film critics. But like, right, some of the film critics are like, this was so fun, you know, just like can't get over it.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are yeah, it's either you hear people like this shit is.
Speaker 3: Dumb as hell and not even historically accurate, and other people are like, dude, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Just go see it because like you don't even know what's going on, but you've never seen a bunch of shit like this before. Yeah, I don't know. Are you gonna see it? Do you have any urge to see it in the theater? In the theater, you're going to see theater?
Speaker 2: Well, wife also interested in seeing this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, I already got my movie pick this last week with Red One.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard. It's her majesty to go see Gladiator too? Is one good? Like where I don't think we ever got your full take on Red One?
Speaker 3: Red One is fine, you know, yeah, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, like a red wine, fine red like no.
Speaker 1: Not as fine as a red wine, a boxed wine.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yes, yes, yes, I mean it is what it is like, it's you know what you're getting into. So it's not like it's gonna subvert those expectations in any way. You're like, oh, yeah, it's exactly what the trailer is. And you get quippy stuff from the rock and then you get Captain America as kind of like a scumbaggie kind of dude.
Speaker 1: And that's and it's it's fine. He does it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Scumbag actually, yeah, him as a scumbag and knives out. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's got, he's got he definitely has scumbag range for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: We know no Wicked Metacritic reviews as of yet, so we we don't know. I'm really curious about how that one is because, like, I feel like it could go either way.
Speaker 1: But they all are. They got all the chips pushed in on this motherfucker like.
Speaker 2: They've got We've got target ad campaigns coming out like months before the movie came out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 2: Is this for Wicked or for gladiat yes, said Wicked, like they have no reviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I hope it's good.
Speaker 7: I hope the fans enjoyed a lot of people who are waiting very enthusiastically for this. Yeah, Gladiator, I feel like I have a sense of what it's going to be looking forward to experience that.
Speaker 1: They are doing some weird tie ins.
Speaker 2: Airbnb has officially uh, all right, so I'm just gonna read their press release on this one. Airbnb has officially reached epic heights with the newest addition to their icons lineup, in partnership with Paramount Pictures. I had of Ridley Scott's Gladiator too, Airbnb is opening the doors of the famous coliseum in Rome to up to sixteen guests for an unforgettable after dark gladiator experiences, where people will have the choice to book one or two or three hour experiences for up to sixteen guests. It promises the spectacle of a thrilling showdown by seasoned gladiators, a meal of victuals like grapes, pomegranates, almonds and walnuts, and a face off with fellow warriors. Okay, so you're gonna stick fight and then eat a bunch of trail mix. Yeah, and the colisseu okay, sure, sure, sure people.
Speaker 1: Must love that. Yeah, now they're big fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come jackass around in the fucking slave death match castle. Yeah, they're they're big fans. They already love Airbnb in the.
Speaker 1: Way that it what's the word that they're using here all over the place, disney over touristing.
Speaker 2: They can playing the higher ABNB over tourists, the uh, the city of Rome.
Speaker 1: And yeah they say that it is.
Speaker 2: Treating a historical artifact like Disneyland, which right does accurate?
Speaker 3: Wow this, I mean the other thing, just to kind of put a damper on the whole thing, are there are a couple of things I read about the movie that I'm like, hmm, First, did you see that Denzel Washington said that there was like a kiss that he had with another man in the film.
Speaker 1: They cut that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then there's a Palestinian Egyptian actress may Kalamawi who her entire shit is cut from the film. She does not exist in the movie anymore, Like she's been erased from the movie.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people are like, what is going on here? Is it because she's a vocal supporter of Palestinian rights or is it the studio version or people who are trying to take a more I don't know, optimistic view is like it just got cut for time. We completely erased the existence of this woman of color in the movie, who we sort of said was going to be sent like a pivotal role in the film to save time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That is a good a little bit of a bitter taste with that films.
Speaker 1: That's that's the thing I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, something I read something over the weekend, and I was like, man, I have to fucking hate this movie now, right, Well, so many reasons to hate it. I'll still probably see it and uh, you know, kind of enjoy myself.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see. I could see both.
Speaker 2: Of these movies doing really well and it being like a soft Barbenheimer because it does it like all the other examples that we've had where people try to recapture it, like, hasn't been the same sort of mix of two completely different kind of fan bases.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, though, Yeah, yeah, I'm not. I don't think i'll see Wicked. I don't know what I'm going to see. I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean, you already saw a Red one. I saw Red one of Hot Frosty Dude. Now I'm gonna wait for the strip the Stripper one that's coming on on Netflix next. What's the Stripper one?
Speaker 2: Their next one out is like a holiday rom com about like some dude. It's like enough whole anti full Monty kind of thing where it's like a bunch of misfit strippers. Christmas Magic, Golden Mic Magic, Oh, Magical Mike.
Speaker 1: That is some shit that my dad would call Magic Mike the Merry Gentleman to save her parents.
Speaker 3: Small Town Nightclub a Broadway Dancer Stage, is an all male Christmas themed review and with all the right moves say less.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccine shots you can. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,