Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettidie and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: We have a number of interesting texts of the whole online dating conversation on how match dot Com owns all the big companies, now not all of them, but most of the ones you've heard of are owned by one company. And there's some belief that they've changed the algorithm to make sure you don't match with somebody because that'd be the end of you as a customer.
Speaker 2: I mean that kinda is logical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the the Facebook in reverse principle. And he is engaged as long and as frequently as possible.
Speaker 1: And I feel like they can count on desperation I hate to use that word, but you know, or desire desires a better word. They can count on desire for companionship or less to keep people around. But anyway, we've got some interesting texts on that. We'll get to it a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm so a old and married that you know all of this. It's it's just something I hear about. I have no personal experience whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I'm not married, but I have no personal experience with the with it. It sounds it just seems awful to me, But it might be because I grew up in a world where nobody did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had This is a weird experience.
Speaker 3: But I was on an airplane and the guy in front of me to my left, so I could see, like between the seats exactly what he was doing. And he was a young guy, good looking guy is twenties, flipping through one of the dating sites, swiping left, and it struck me how utterly bored and listless he was doing it. It was like he was a you know, the accounting supervisor, just flipping through the reports of his own nderlings to make sure there are no obvious mistakes.
Speaker 2: There was zero joy, yeah, or like not even lust.
Speaker 3: It was it was a weird juxtaposition of what he was doing in his obvious body language.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get that sense from some people I know who do the online dating a lot, that it's there's there's a certain amount of that. It's almost like out out of boredom, I need something to do, as opposed to you know, looking for the biggest connection and decision you're ever going to make in your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, anyway, more on that, if we have time to squeeze it in moron WHOOPI Goldberg's moronic statement that being black in America is worse than being a woman in Iran, or something to that effect. But first, it's Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: Squeezy feline way implying it. I just called it. I think a sleezy feline.
Speaker 5: The IC continues to monitor closely if Tehran decides to reauthorize its nuclear weapons program.
Speaker 2: Paso yo.
Speaker 4: Is our pilots will deal blows to the Aetoa regime that they cannot even imagine.
Speaker 1: You're going to see some surprises that will make the deeper almost seem simple.
Speaker 2: The Israel identified a window to kill Ayatola Ali Hamoni.
Speaker 6: The president says, we know exactly where the so called Supreme Leader is hiding.
Speaker 2: He is an easy target.
Speaker 7: Two very simple words, a very simple unconditional surrender. Iran Supreme Leader has said unconditional surrender is effectively out of.
Speaker 2: The question, and this isn't the generational moment. You and I may do it. I may not do it.
Speaker 5: I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. Based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future. I will make my decision whether or not to go within the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: But it's also going to end, I believe, Trump's presidency and effectively end it.
Speaker 2: Why are we so afraid of them? Why are they the biggest threat of throw a week country that's on its knees.
Speaker 1: Because they're trying trying to keep track, they're trying to develop that be a little less snarky.
Speaker 2: I know you're right, that is a problem that I have. I'm sorry, No, it's all you're doing your threat. Well you just said threat. Would you like to rewind the tape? And by the way, why are you being so defensive?
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, You've gotten very, very defensive, And I just wonder it must have been working. I must have hit a hot spot with you or something to be so defensive. Here in Washington, it was a celebration officially to mark the Army's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 7: Authority say a suspected gunman impersonating a police officer targeted to Democratic lawmakers.
Speaker 8: The Supreme Court's conservative majority upholding Tennessee's ban on some gender affirming medical care for the Panthers, we.
Speaker 4: Are back to back, stayed like top champions. Then I tried popperman Our prescription helps your body secrete a special pheromone that attracts puppies.
Speaker 9: I think it's very different in the United States in twenty twenty five than it is to live in.
Speaker 1: A lot of you for everybody, not if your black who watches those hags and it's both handcuffed.
Speaker 4: And march down a hallway repeatedly asking why am I being detained?
Speaker 2: Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Speaker 3: If you put that Alex Padilla a clip on a loop and just played it over and over again, I think it would take me a solid seven or eight minutes to get tired of it, right, I would still be giggling after five.
Speaker 1: Here's a headline that helped me get rid of my breakfast therapy. It's therapy bro Summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, for God's sake, can we stop naming our summers? Immediately?
Speaker 1: Stop naming summers and moons Hot Girl Summer brat summer.
Speaker 2: Whatever the hell in the moon's summer moon ro what is there are? Summer summer? All right? So with some texts. We got this from last hour.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what we're talking about it, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Jack next time, don't goose step as you walk to your car and you won't have that problem.
Speaker 2: It's a very good point. There's a good suggestion.
Speaker 3: It's how he keeps the sam strings loose. It's excellent for flexibility on the whole online dating thing. Online dating is fine, but it gets old.
Speaker 1: I had good experiences, but some of my friends were all men, had bad experiences. Because then I did read this in one article. I was reading about this because it's like ninety ninety to one women to men. You can be way juicier. Obviously it's just math, right Anyway, this is the way it out. Average women all want highly desirable men, whereas average men are perfectly happy with average women. That's his take. Hmm, I don't know. Somebody suggested a dating app, I'm not looking for one. After my divorce at age thirty eight, I turned to Tinder and tried dating for the first time in eighteen years. I had some fun lots of fake profiles and actual prostitutes, but you just have to filter through them. Every article I've read about this said never ending bots in fake profiles. So I think that is happens, like happens with anything in the modern world. If a site is good and successful and working for people, it will be taken over by bots and then no longer be good, right until a new one comes along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, that's really annoying. Yeah, what are the bots.
Speaker 1: Trying to accomplish and dating sites? And what do they look like?
Speaker 3: Maybe you know, I'm sure it's scammers to a large extent, but I actually have a handful of AI headlines that are kind of interesting as it's taking over the world in fits and starts. This person so hallucinating, as we learned personally earlier.
Speaker 1: Just to end this text, turned after my divorce age thirty eight, turned to tender blah blah blah, did a lot of dating, found a great gal and have had an amazing relationship for two years, going strong.
Speaker 2: Ps.
Speaker 1: I'm fat, have kids and crazy hobbies. See he found dates even being fat and having crazy hobbies. Whatever those crazy hobbies are.
Speaker 2: How crazy like killing neighborhood cats or human bird houses, human taxidermy. That's crazy and she was willing to overlook it apparently.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what, I've got a riff on that going through my head right now, but it's probably too disgustingly, so for once in my life, I'll restrain myself. So some AI news really good commentary on Tucker Carlson's conversation with Ted Cruz, which touches on his unfair style of arguing and selective facts, among other things. Was that a tease for later, let's tease for later? Oh, okay, gotcha, and we will get to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we probably ought to update you on where things are with potential war with Iran since that has been kind of put on the back burner, or maybe that's a faint as they say, m Yeah, Trump said I'll make a decision in two weeks because they're going to do it today.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And where's the whole Israel's claim that we've got something that will make the Beeper operation seem like nothing is that coming?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: As an operator someone who's been a combatant commander of the the United States. The first thing I think is could this possibly be a ruse of some kind to kind of blow the Iranians into a false sense of security. I, for one, noted the President didn't say I'll make a.
Speaker 10: Decision after two weeks. He said within two weeks. To me, that's keeping open the possibilities. So point one, could this be a way to sort of soothe the Iranians and make them feel not as jumpy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, former NATO commander there with that obvious point, I think, but what is amazed when people break down phrases like that, like it's a legal document. He said within two weeks, not after two weeks, And so if he bombed after two weeks, what are.
Speaker 2: You going to sue him?
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, And I just don't know enough about the jumpiness of Iran, as General Straveritez put it, and how that affects their preparedness, say to shoot down one of our P two stealth bombers or something.
Speaker 1: So well, but my point is Trump could come out today and say I've decided to never bomb Iran. It was a terrible idea, I'm never doing it, and then bomb a half hour later. He's allowed to do that. So parsing his words seems weird to me. There is a pull from you Gov that came out that's getting a fair amount of attention because it's one of your respected polling organizations. Where well, I'll hit you with the exact phrasing of the question, which is important always uh if I can find it. Should the US military get involved in the conflict between Israel and Iran? Should the US military get involved in the conflict between Israel and Iran? Only sixteen percent yes. Got to admit I thought it was a lot higher than that sixteen percent yes. Now they're twenty four percent unsure, but that's only brings you up to forty percent. It's a sixty forty no.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have quibbles, quibbles that the question seems design to suppress the yes vote because it is so open ended, which is not completely unfair. I will grant you that the US military becomes involved. I mean that covers an enormous range of levels of involvement.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's more fair than, though, than saying, should the United States help rand bomb the FORHDO nuclear site? Because there's just such a big chance when you unleash the dog's war of it becoming.
Speaker 2: More than that, right, Although.
Speaker 3: I think pointing that out in the question is prejudicial as opposed to polling people's attitudes about bombing the photo site, because that's what we're talking about, because a certain percentage of people would essentially think what you just said an answer Accordingly, if you hand them the excuse to say no in the question, that's prejudicial to me.
Speaker 2: You aren't surprised that even the.
Speaker 1: Way it's worded, it's only sixteen percent yes, no, No, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: It's pretty low. It's very low and.
Speaker 1: A long party. You break it down by party, it largely holds up across party line. Sixty five percent of Democrats are a no, sixty one percent of independence are a no, and even fifty three percent of Republicans are a no.
Speaker 2: So I don't know where that leaves you.
Speaker 1: I mean, the president shouldn't be making this decision based on polls, and you know, if it's successful, nobody will care what this poll was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at this Grayhouse polling poll. It's getting so much attention because it had very different numbers, and I don't believe I'd ever heard of this organization. I'm looking at the way the poll's constructed seems perfectly legitimate, but it is such an outlier. Do you support or oppose Israel's recent military strikes against Iron's nuclear facilities and military targets strongly support is sixty seven percent.
Speaker 2: I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 1: I think it's sixteen shocked me for being so low, but dang, near two thirds seems really high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a different question though. Yeah, you caught that right, Yeah, uh yeah, yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, it's a hell of a job sorting through information data journalism.
Speaker 2: Well these days I.
Speaker 1: Come back often, which I hate to even mention it on the air because it destroys like.
Speaker 2: Half of our show.
Speaker 1: But Sarah is ger of The Dispatch who has been involved in polling for presidential campaigns and all kinds of different stuff. Super smart person. She says, issue polling is very close to worthless because because of the way you can nudge people different directions, and because they're no or yes doesn't necessarily reflect where they are anyway. You have a tendency to say no on things you could be brought over to yes like that or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's what was usually, you know.
Speaker 1: One example might be uh, you hated every time I point out that during the election, two thirds of people said they wanted every undocumented person in the country booted out.
Speaker 3: Right, That was a directional statement, not a literal statement, right, yeah, yeah, look at them and talking about them, though, because this sort of thing is useful. I think the reverse of that would be if it becomes a bigger news story that the Trump administration is raiding farms and restaurants and whatever and booting out people that have no other crime other than being here here illegally.
Speaker 1: That's going to pull very poorly. But people at the end of the day are going to be happy that it happened. I think as a majority that we really stopped illegal immigration and finally did something about it.
Speaker 3: If indeed that last part comes true, and this is what I was trying to express poorly, I think this sort of discussion about issues. Polling is useful because in most other forms people just hear the number and say, oh, how interesting, And you know, that is a nugget of information, but it really needs to be interpreted.
Speaker 2: So my gripe.
Speaker 3: Against the point of view you just expressed this, I don't a I don't think that's right. I think more people than you think are soft hearted about the honest, hard working illegal immigrant in America once they see the reality the round up. I say, support continues to decline the more people are confronted with the reality of it.
Speaker 1: Man, I think you get to the next presidential election, the party that stopped illegal immigration and did something about it is going to be rewarded rather than.
Speaker 2: Penalized.
Speaker 3: Don't make me drop another sea bomb? Does Congress even know there it is? The sea bomb?
Speaker 2: Does Congress even know they're supposed to pass laws?
Speaker 1: At this point, I'd rather hear the actual sea bomb than the word you just used.
Speaker 2: That's how offensive I find it. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Driving to uh Dodgers game tonight, Me and my son gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: Just received a little communic key from my wife. I think we're caught up in a Kafka novel. I'm not sure how it happened, but we are, or a Gulag archipelago. It's some sort of bizarro bureaucratic nightmare. Well, maybe I'll describe it before the show is over.
Speaker 1: And what you got to give us a rough idea of what category we're talking.
Speaker 3: About well, my wife has been jailed for quadruple homicide and as it turns it, no, I'm kicking h no. So we're doing this remodel project that I've talked about several times and to ease cash flow situations because we have the money, but we're getting a home equity line of credit. So if the contractor says, hey, we need to X amount right now, and you know, we don't have that much cash leaning around, we'll say, okay, great, we'll just tap the line. So anyway, we've been we actually switched banks because of it's boring. But so the finances are completely fine. We're borrowing a tiny fraction of.
Speaker 2: The value of the house.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. The these have.
Speaker 3: To send an appraiser out and he has to delay a week because he's on vacation or something like that. So he comes out and he looks around and he says, oh, oh my, you've already taken down the railing on your back patio because it's elevated a little bit.
Speaker 2: And he says, that's okay. So that's uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, this house is not technically up to code now and because the work has begun blah, blah blah. And the bank lady just talked to my wife, I guess, and said, yeah, because the work it already begun, they're not sure if they can underwrite you.
Speaker 2: And and and I'm like, well, wait a second, wait a say, wait a second.
Speaker 3: So if the appraiser had shown up the previous day, everything would be fine. Yes, even though we're doing the same work in the same way, on the same schedule, and we need the money for the same reason, and it's the same house with the same value, it's just the day of the week your guy showed up to do the appraisal.
Speaker 2: Now everything's been queered. What are you talking about? You know, I learned one lesson one time.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this, but if an elect if an actual electrician lis this is a way it is in California. Have an actual electrician. Once they open something up, when they find stuf, it has to.
Speaker 2: Be brought up to code.
Speaker 1: So particularly on like rural properties like I'd been living on for the last twenty years, where people tend to do stuff themselves without permits and everything like that, which is one of the things I love about living in the country. But you get an actual electrician and they open up the wall. They have to bring everything up to code by law. And one time I had this, like I was just trying to get an outlet working and I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: All I want to do is get this outlet working, and it ended up costing like eight thousand dollars. Wow.
Speaker 2: They have to bring everything up to code. Wow. So they become like ad hoc code enforcers. Yes, if they see it's like a mandatory reporter of like childhood. Yes, yeah, good example. Yeah, I just dude, do you think we have plenty of money to pay you back?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? Do you think the value of the house morton covers the loan? I mean, like by multiples? Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, So why can't we have the line of credit? Well, we don't underwrite already begun projects buy a.
Speaker 2: Day through that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Bureaucracy stuff makes me insane, Like I could, I could. I could become violent over bureaucracy stuff anything.
Speaker 2: Since I was a little kid, I've always been this way.
Speaker 1: Well, because that's a rule, but it doesn't make any sense in this situation.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any difference. So why don't we ignore that rule? Well, it's the rule.
Speaker 3: You know, if I had enough money, I would buy the bank and walk in and fire all the employees and say, if i'd come here yesterday, you'd still have your jobs. But I'm coming today, so I'm going to fire you all because I don't employ you know, people I meet on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: So and that's a rule. So you know what the blank and blank I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: So my wife and I we have an electrical outletter too that's not working. Maybe I should just leave it alone then.
Speaker 1: Oh you yeah, yeah, or try to fix it yourself, because it might be something easy. You know, you take it out and the wire's hanging off, you put it back on, or something like this. Just a dead outlet. It happens all the time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, replace the outlet. They cost like five bucks. But yeah, you get an electrician open that up and they find out, oh no, the the wire they used back Maybe that was okay back when they put it in, but now current coded, it has to be this gauge wire. So we're gonna have to redo it all. Something like that. I'm going to rewire the house. Yeah, fabulous.
Speaker 3: Speaking of things that ought to be rewired, how about the idiot whoopee Goldberg. His brain doesn't work, if it ever did. She said this, I want to follow this transition here speaking.
Speaker 2: It was hard. You don't get hard. You're too You're a simple man.
Speaker 6: That need to be rewired. How about Whoopy Goldburg? Her brain? Yes, her brain does not work, right, She is a dope.
Speaker 3: Working there with the cast of chattering hens, the hags, as I referred to them earlier on the view.
Speaker 2: She said this the other day. I just remember you.
Speaker 9: The Iranians literally throw gay people off of buildings. They don't hear the basic humans.
Speaker 1: Here's the Let's not Let's not do that.
Speaker 8: Let's not do that, because if we start with that, we have we have been known in this country to tie gay folks to the car where.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm but where the.
Speaker 10: Iranian is just black people.
Speaker 9: So's it not even the same? I couldn't step No, that's not.
Speaker 2: What you mean to say. It is the same. No, it's not.
Speaker 9: The year twenty twenty five. The United States is nothing like if I step.
Speaker 2: Foot wearing this young inter this is the old firm.
Speaker 9: So I'm sorry, I mean, I think it's very different to live in the United States in twenty twenty five than it is to live in.
Speaker 2: A lot if you're black, for everybody, not if you're black. If you're black, Lord, it's worse to be black in America, or the same as being living being a woman in Iran.
Speaker 1: Moral relativism, and I won't go off on that screen again, but plenty of people written this moral relativism is one of the most dangerous things to Western society that exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's wokeism, is what it is. Will be damn.
Speaker 3: Near said that, and obviously this didn't happen. But Joe Getty, you can't criticize Hitler and his treatment of the Jews. You got in a fistfight with Jonah Goldberg once over the you know, his damn dog posts on social media, so you've been known to hurt Jews too. What a moronic argument, and then you know, come for that, stay for the professional victimhood. I mean, good lord, what an ignorant statement, series of statement.
Speaker 1: Ononder what Ted Danson thinks now google it.
Speaker 3: He just drops his needs and thanks God every night. Greg Guttfeldt took a shot at this. I I help it was sensitive and gentle. Speaking of the view would be Goldberg insisted that life in the US is just as.
Speaker 2: Brutal as living in Iran.
Speaker 1: Well, in that case, lady, from now on, please cover your face.
Speaker 2: That's just I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Too many of his punchlines are adolescent meanness. What they are, They're just a lot of the punchlines are you're ugly or you're fat?
Speaker 2: Are both?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: How about a little bonus mail bag in the mood for that. Yeah, it's email.
Speaker 1: It's not regular mail, all right. Electronic mail is what it stands for. Yes, we receive probably a dozen actual mailed correspondents per year. Frequently it's books folks have written and would love for us to take a look at it and maybe talk about it, that sort of thing, which is fine. Or frequently it's the writings of a maniac that too anonymous rights. Where's the nationwide injunction when we need it? I can't believe it took a Scotis.
Speaker 3: Decision to allow state to stop experimental mutilation of children. I know, on the rare occasion that I ever get into a big, long, serious discussion with somebody about irreversible chemical and or surgical procedures on miners, I try to ask the following questions. One, given that the majority of miners who believe they are of the other gender revert to believing in their original gender, that's absolutely indisputable. By the way, how can we ever justify performing experimental, irreversible procedures on non grown ups who may grow out of their temporary gender dysphoria. Well, that's why the pro gender bending folks lie about this stuff. They repeatedly say for the record that these are reversible treatments, they're not permanent at all, which is just a lie. And they deny that the vast majority of kids realize now I'm a girl. I was just afraid of puberty and I kind of like being a girl for instance. And his second point, using the same reasoning of the so called trans community, if a child quote unquote knows they don't want to have children, why not let them choose to new to themselves chemically or surgically as miners. Going further, there's a reason we don't let depressed children choose to end it all.
Speaker 2: They are just children.
Speaker 3: So I don't get why we even needed the Scotis to rule that a state can make laws governing this process. It makes it seem like a state that passes laws in the opposite direction can legalize child mutilation or child euthanasia. Right by that reasoning, the Scotis is treating this exactly like abortion, i e. Letting the states decide mutilation of children is not a state's rights issue. Where is the nationwide injunction when we need it? Well, I'm going to keep that around and reread it Monday. That is freaking brilliant. Well done, al, I know who you are. Got this from Eric Yahoo Karate in a beautiful Astoria, Oregon, guys. Well, Around's nuclear weapons are a huge threat. The other significant factor of Iranian ballistic missiles that could deliver a nuclear pay In early June, y'all reported the Wall Street Journal story that Iron had recently ordered thousands of tons of ammonium perclorate from China. Ammonium perklarate and a key oxidizer, has no other use than to build solid fuel rocket motors. We use ammonium perclarate in our Minuteman intercontinental ballistic missiles, for example. Already armed with medium range ballistic missiles, including one that is based on North Korean design, how long would it take for Iran to build its own ICBMs, perhaps the type North Korea already likes, likely fields. I am far less concerned with US military involvement in the Persian Gulf in the prospect of a wacky regime able to range US cities with thermonuclear warheads. In fact, I'm willing to saddle up and ride a nuke slim Pickens style to ensure this threat is eliminated. Cheers reference to the great Doctor Strangelove of these sixties.
Speaker 1: By the way, we haven't mentioned cringe today, which just learned about. There was a former CIA dude on MSNBC this morning talking about cringe.
Speaker 2: It's a common acronym. I guess they throw around.
Speaker 1: In the hallowed halls of intelligence agencies.
Speaker 2: Cringe stands out.
Speaker 3: Like a James Bond villain organization. Then he opposes the forces of cringe.
Speaker 1: I don't know who decided everything has to be an acronym, And sometimes I feel like they come up with acronyms and then have to jam things in them to get a word. But it's China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, then general extremists.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a stretch to get to cringe. They pulled a hammy to get the spelling. You're absolutely right. Yeah, yeah, is it worth playing the clip?
Speaker 2: No? Okay? Uh plunging on. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's kind of long. That's kind of long too. About June teenth, mentions that there were still other people enslaved for six months longer in Kentucky because that was a Union state that had slaves but hadn't gone over the Confederacy. They didn't get free to leaven longer. So let's be accurate about Juneteenth. You know, he's not quivering, he's just.
Speaker 2: Pointing it out. We aren't going to change the date. Probably no, probably not. And then.
Speaker 3: There's some dispute as to what the fabulous Tim Sanderfer said that juneteenths is our most libertarian holiday.
Speaker 2: Hmm more than July fourth. I don't see it.
Speaker 3: JT writes the Declaration of Independence set a new political standard that redefined the meaning of the basis for liberty, not only for our burgeoning nation, but for the world.
Speaker 2: July fourth, enough, law, your thumbs off for liberty. We will finish strong. Next, Trader Joe's.
Speaker 7: Just opened a new store in California that is directly across from an existing.
Speaker 2: Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: Customers love it, while Stone cashiers have never been more confused.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's probably not interesting, But why is a Trader Joe's opening up next to a Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: I suspect as soon as it's ready to go, they'll close the first one.
Speaker 2: You're probably right, yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Apparently the cashiers there are arijuana abusers, allegedly.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's a shocking allegation. It's a true one. It's a true allegation. Yes, but Joe's employee and that fits.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh okay, So it's a cultural thing at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: I worked there for like seven years and it was a huge deal, really, more so than like if you worked at a Ralph's. Why. Oh yeah, it's got like a hippie culture.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, Marl, Yeah, okay, all right, little trivia question for you everybody. You can play along at home. Shiny new dime to anybody who gets this correct.
Speaker 1: Our trade deficit, the US trade deficit with Ireland has skyrocketed. What are we impoort from Ireland that's so distorted? Are trade balanced with them?
Speaker 2: Ireland? Leprechauns potatoes? Good guesses? Close it's actually Leprecan kidneys because they're small and easier to implant. Make sense that eleprecn kidneys. Do you have a guess? I don't know, Guinness Basual, I have no idea. Shamrocks.
Speaker 1: All those weight loss drugs are manufactured in Ireland. Why because of their They've got favorable tax stuff going on. You remember the push for a universal fifteen percent tax on corporations around the world that various you know countries were.
Speaker 3: Trying to get that going, including US. I think at the time it's because Ireland has these incredibly lucrative tax incentives to set up your manufacturing there. It's like all of the US biggies do their manufacturing there.
Speaker 1: So it's like the how like every insurance company is in that one in Connecticut or something because of their favorable tax laws they have.
Speaker 2: They have a peel box there so they can claim they're there.
Speaker 3: All right, Wow, and a box car full of these drugs is worth tens of billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll be happy, gentlemen. This here's Final Poltz Manifest with all strong Then Getty, I see you know your judo.
Speaker 1: Well, hmmm, here's your host for Final thoughts, Joe Getty, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the week.
Speaker 2: Theory is Michaelangelow pressing the buttons.
Speaker 8: Michael, final thought, Jack, you talked about going to the Dodgers game. All I can say is try and avoid the emergency room. I'm just thinking of all that ballpark food that you're gonna eat.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna get I'm not gonna eat till I get there, so I can really let it go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 1: As a final thought, Katie, I just want to let you guys know I have a new hero, and it's my neighbor who just put up a full sized flagpole with a flag.
Speaker 2: That says defund the HOA. Oh wow. Wow. He's a final thought for us.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be traveling for six hours with my teenager. Can I get more than five words out of him in six hours?
Speaker 2: That's my goal? Yeah, wow, it's a good goal.
Speaker 3: My final thought is you can't give us the loan because the doors got removed. That's correct, but we told you we wanted the loan to remove the doors. Oh yes, that would have been fine, but they're already removed, so we can't help you.
Speaker 1: What. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling, four hour worthday. So many people to thank, so little time. Go to Armstrong Geeddy dot com. Many delightful clicks await you There the hot links Katie's corner. You can pick up some ag swag for your favorite a g fanned the lighthoodie very popular even in the summertime. Drop us a note we ought to be talking about mail bag at Armstrong e Getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: Will we be at war on Monday? Who knows? See then? God bless America. Armstrong and Getty dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt. And I was wondering, you know what you felt about that city? A squeezy feline way, implying it just called it. I think a sleezy feline.
Speaker 1: One final message, shop naming Summers and Moons, Hot Girl Summer, Brett Summer.
Speaker 2: Whatever the hell is a great Friday Mother, Armstrong and Gaddy