Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Stadebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News process at reporter Denizza Sokova, Denitza Watts.
Speaker 3: Are you watching If you think it's a rough day for stocks, look at Funny and Freddy. They were down as much as twenty two and sixteen percent. The tickers, of course are FNMA, FMCC. It's been a really tough stretch for those companies. They're down about seventy percent in the last six months. There was so much support from the White House and stock investors mentioned met this with a lot of enthusiasm. Of course, people were expecting after the election that the White House would take steps to release the company from government control. Trump of course tweeted that they want take the company public. But we haven't heard anything for a very long time, and investors are not reacting quite well to this. Everyone's worried about housing affordability. Mid terms are coming. You probably don't want to take those companies public in a time where people are so conscious about mortgage prices, and perhaps that's one of the reasons we're seeing this. And of course we have a war in Iran, so the administration has a lot of other things to deal with.
Speaker 4: I also keep wondering this gets to this argument should these They've always been quasi public and they've gone back and forth here, but you know, if this is something like should they be public entities? And I think we've talked with Chris Whalen about this that says probably not, I think is what has been his argument. But yeah, really getting bumped up and banged around.
Speaker 1: A couple way here on my list.
Speaker 4: Don't ticker fn M A and fre Yes, Okay, just got to remember. Okay, let's go to Micron. This is something we talked about certainly after the close a lot yesterday, but we continue in today's session. Two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have one more decliner and that is in the Micron actually a pretty strong earnings report. Nevertheless, everyone cares about the costs. They're spending heavy on production, a lot heavier than investors were expecting. Capital spending will exceed twenty five billion this fiscal year. Analysts, we're expecting about twenty two billion, so pretty big gap. And clearly this is a company that has been sowing for a very long time. The ticker is m you it has risen sixty two percent going into this report, so incredible, incredible rally. But Micron sales are very strong. They expected to keep sowing, but memory prices have also been sowing, and clearly that's putting a lot of tension even at a company that's like one of investor's favorites.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's great for margins, right, but you've got to meet that demand. So that's why they're increasing probably their cap X. But it's like, Okay, great job, I love the numbers, but why do you have to spend so much? But like it's it's chicken or the egg, Like you got a bill to be able to meet supply. But there's always that concern of overbuilding, right, and then as we.
Speaker 1: Know these exactly where are we in the cycle comes to when the stuff gets online and how much will people be willing to pay? And you know, given that there's only like three providers including Micron, that do this, they're in a pretty good position when it comes to Yeah, supplying that demand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the balance is hard. The innovation were suspending. It's always hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, investors are not always happy. I felt like for a while we were fined on the spend, and then it was like, no so much. Let's got a darden restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to talk about food and Olive Gardens. They're having some promotion buy one, get one, and it's working out pretty well. The company is now having a small game, but in earlier trading it jumped as much as three percent. The Darten now expects Fisco twenty twenty six same store sales to grow about four and a half percent. This is much higher than what they previously saw. The positive outlook is for Olive Garden. That's where a lot of the support is coming. Some interesting things. They introduced those lighter portion menules that offer smaller, cheapen meals. That's not working so well for their margins, so some pressure there. Perhaps we'll leave ones right Yeah really, yeah, I are so, but it didn't work. I didn't know it's not working well Italy.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.