Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Buys, start up dot Up, They Making Noise, DTaP, start up, Dodda dot up.
Speaker 2: Episode three forty five. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. What's going on? David Brody Scary? It's episode three four five, three four five. Pretty soon.
Speaker 3: We won't get to do this again until episode four five six. Yeah, I guess I unwilling we'll make it that long.
Speaker 2: I think we will. I think we will. In fact, on the Big Show today, Elvis asked me live on the air, Hey, the Brooklyn Boys podcast, how many episodes you guys have? And I said, we're dropping three forty five today and he was like, that's impressive, three hundred and forty five episodes.
Speaker 3: So well, that's a nice segue for something I was gonna mention later. Okay, So Skeary and I paid an editor to edit a couple of clips of our podcast, yeah, that we've posted on social media. Now, we don't have the capability of doing the entire episode at the moment, but we put up you know, ten second, twenty second clip whatever, it's like a minute and ten whatever it is. And I put up the videos on the Brooklyn Boys TikTok page, which is the Brooklyn Boys on TikTok, and it's all over Facebook, right, We're putting up on Facebook, so if you you might see it in your feed or in the Brooklyn Boys fan page.
Speaker 2: It's that new fangled social media that all the kids are on. Yeah. Well, I put it on the Brooklyn Boys story, you know, Instagram story.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, and I probably got like in the first couple hours, like seven hundred and fifty people saw it. And when you look to see who saw it, you can see all the people that follow you, of course, and who gave you a heart and who commented whatever. Yeah, and I noticed that it said at Elvis Durant saw the video, but he didn't hit the like button. So I'm I'm wondering if that sparked the conversation. In other words, how many episodes have you idiots done putting out that crap that you put out?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like, he didn't, he didn't give it the heart emoji. He just kind of saw it.
Speaker 2: That was That was That was the Merse conversation, right with me wearing Immerse to the beach because I and Saquon Barkley from the Eagles where which.
Speaker 3: Has no problem with wearing immerse And he must have seen that and was like, oh, Brody's being a dick again and needn't hit the light button button?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, now way to say. I think he asked.
Speaker 3: I think he asked about how many episodes because he's like, oh god, how many episodes did I said, have you guys been doing?
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me let me say something here, all right. I post very often on my Instagram story, and I sometimes go back and take a look, see who's well one of my trying a kid. I always do it all the time. A few hours later, I want to see how it's performing, so I say, how many views did it get? Who clicked off of this? And is this good material? Because you always want to write, you know, it's a it's a basically going out into a comedy club and testing out new material, like you want to see.
Speaker 3: Weeks ago when I caught the fact that you you watched the first.
Speaker 2: Boat post I put up. But now the skift the second, the second one? Yeah, so I will say most people watch and don't give it a heart or a laugh or a thumbs up or a you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, but this is Elvis. Like, I know Elvis loves us, but I'm not sure he likes our podcast that much.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no, that's not how stories work. Come on, Brody, I'm reading into it. You're reading it, okay, you are writing it into you.
Speaker 3: I feel like like Elvis didn't say to you, Hey, scary, I saw you guys.
Speaker 2: You guys did a video. That's great. You guys don't normally do video. It was really funny.
Speaker 3: How many episodes of that quality content and humor have you got has been doing? But I feel like he was saying, like to you, how did he say it's scary? A reenacted reenacted you walk in an.
Speaker 2: Ansense to you? How's how's the Brooklyn Boys going? Oh great, Elvis? How many episodes you guys up to now? Yeah, we'll got episode three forty five drops today? Yeah, something like that. That's what he say? Did he? Okay? Did he say, oh, that's great, I saw the video you guys posted. He didn't make a reference to it. But wait a second. But in in in his defense and in most people's defense, you scroll through and you watch videos all day long. You can't stop and give.
Speaker 3: Any video we've ever done ever three forty five. This is the first video we posted.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't like expect somebody to put a ha ha or a like or a or a love the heart. But he didn't give a hah to you in person either. No, why should he because he'd be like to support the boys. Yeah we are well, you know, hey, scary, I saw your video. It was occasional, he'll throw in he'll throw in some you know, one of your parodies. Like today we play a little We played the hook of somebody Farted in here? Really, yeah, we did. We played that on the air today because I because there was an accusation being thrown around the room where uh Diamond who answers the phones and sits in a very small cubicle somebody hot boxer with a fart and we didn't know if it was Andrew or producer Trevor from Jim Kurr's Rock and Roll Morning Show, where he walked through and crop dusted them. So it became a big thing on the air, and you know, listen it happens. So but yeah, so we played so we played your played a little bit of somebody Farted in Here? Do you remember when we played that for the for the Black Eyed Peas. He played it for Fergie and we played it for We played it for them and they were like, oh they got you know, so I don't believe you guys got the rights to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, people can. Well, I am said, you know, people can get sued for stuff like that. They did not enjoy it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: In fact, Elas was all excited. He's like, you gotta hear this straight version of your song? When did you record this? Elvis played it like they did it, which was funny, and they and he was all like pumped.
Speaker 2: They would laugh and they got They got all serious. They're like, you don't have permission for that? You didn't I don't remember. Yes, people are protective of their material, but I gotta say, I think that was so long ago. I don't think people really care as much these days, because if I look look at Ai, look at what that's done, you think everyone's gonna go after every deep fake or every.
Speaker 3: Two Two artists got upset when they heard the parodies I had done. You remember the first one, the infamous Natalie and Brulia. She got said, when we played the played I did a parody called porn for her song torn, and Elvis was like, oh, we got this remix version you did and she said, that's not me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that. That's terrible, that's not I wouldn't do that. She got real serious. Yeah, and then she had never had another hit, never had another hit again. She was a one hit wonder Well, I'm like a bird. Maybe was that yeah?
Speaker 4: She had?
Speaker 2: I'm like no, that was that was Nelly for Toade, Natalie for Nelly for Toado. That's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Natalie and Brilli never had another hit. Natalie, no hit, Nellie chevl hits. She also went on to hang out with Uh Timberland and Justin Timberlake in two thousand and seven, Remember there were two artists.
Speaker 3: I used to have the artists do parodies of their own songs about the Morning Show, like I had Alicia Keys do I Keep.
Speaker 2: On Falling in Love with the Zoo.
Speaker 3: Back when we were the z Morning Zoo. I had the Backstreet Boys do a Everybody Everybody. Yeah, yeah, you're like people.
Speaker 2: Two people said no, you're like DJ Khaled, you have everybody, you know, I got everybody working on every one. I had, uh, what was the other boy band. That wasn't one direction.
Speaker 3: What oh no, it was the wanted the wanted to do a song. Everybody what everybody did a song for me? You also too artists that said no boy boys like girls, no, no, not them.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Daniel Powder, you have had another hit, Vanessa Carlton never had another hit.
Speaker 2: So there. They didn't say no to David Brody when he asked you to do there's serious musicians. They don't need you, they don't Wantiel Powder. At the time, you had a bad day career. Never again the next time, Hey give us a like next time. So, speaking of Justin Timberlake, man, he just came out, hold on, hold on, what is the what are you talking about? Because I have a story that has to come before your story. Oh okay, why don't you quickly tell this story? Yeah, it was all.
Speaker 3: Excited because last week, right after our last episode of the podcast, a story broke, people were posting video of Justin Timberlake not singing at his concerts. You know, like he would do crime and have de Wi good River and then sing. He would do like two words and then put the mic out and have the audience sing. Now that's something you do for an encore, right, like when Kiss does I want to rock and roll all night?
Speaker 2: You know, rock all night? They just do ah want to rock and roll and the audience goes Epartyeah every day that's like you know, but they sing the rest of the song. Sure, right, every band does it, everybody, how old modern, whatever. But he was doing like every song basically not singing and having the audience do all the work. So I was prepared to come in today and make that a big topic about justin Timberlake's ripping off his audience and whatever. And then Scary says, well, he just announced his he's sick. I go, what, Yeah, it just came out today that he says that he's been diagnosed with lime disease. He shared it, Uh not limes, you said, correct, lime disease, l y m E disease. And he says it's been a debilitating experience, both mentally and physically, and he doesn't he didn't want to share that info for sympathy, but to be more transparent about his struggles and so, and he wanted to see who else dealing with that same illness. Yeah. So, so maybe that has been the reason why he hasn't been full on singing, because listen, that's a guy who never took shortcuts. He was always and he's always been an amazing vocalist. But maybe right now he can't sing. Maybe he doesn't have the power behind him, the breadth, you know, all.
Speaker 3: Possible, And listen, I think justin Timberlake is incredibly, incredibly talented. But I want to play devil's advocate for a second. First of all, if you have lime disease, which is a terribly debilitating disease, maybe don't don't tour when people are paying full price for the tickets. People people sometimes spend like a lot of their extra money on a ticket, right they want the full performance.
Speaker 2: Second, and I'm not saying Timberlake is not being truthful. I hope he'll be. I hope he gets better.
Speaker 3: But you remember Ashley Simpson right for those of us are an audience who don't remember.
Speaker 2: She's Jessica Simpson's younger sister who sang and right right, for those of you who don't remember Jessica Simpson, she was married to Nick Lachey from ninety eight degrees. For those of you that don't remember ninety eight degrees, they were a boy band when in Sync and Backstreet Boys were big.
Speaker 3: They were the third band, and nickolaschet had Like He Was Like. He was a host of a bunch of reality music shows, and then Nick and Jessica had a reality show and for those of you who don't remember what a reality show is, I can tell anyway. So Ashley Simpson had a really big hit in two thousand and four, maybe somewhere around.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: She went on Saturday Night Live to do two songs, as most artists do, and she sang Pieces of Me, or at least it appeared she sang Pieces of Me in the first song, and then later in the show she was supposed to come on and sing her second single, whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: Well, the drummer who later got blamed and thrown under the bus, he hit the thing on the stage that started the vocals for Pieces of Me, the first song. So Ashley Simpson started to lip sync to the second song, but the lyrics to the first song were playing because the drummer set up for the wrong lyrics, And then she got caught lip syncing on live television, and then she started like dancing a jig.
Speaker 2: She did a little hoe down and then she's like okay, and then she she bailed right, and then they cut to commercial start singing live.
Speaker 3: She she didn't know what to do, so they she did that was it? And I called our program director from Z one hundred at the time, and I said, did you see that? She goes yep. I said, her career is over, isn't it? And she said pretty much. I mean, it was the most unbelievable thing, right, And then they came out with every different story to explain why that happened. First, they said the drama they were supposed to play just backing vocals and he played lead vocals. Then they said, oh, you know, she wanted to be perfect and she was going to sing along to her own voice. They said, they came up with she had acid reflux.
Speaker 2: Now full transparency, yeah, hold on that the acid reflux came up and burned her throat right, and that she couldn't sing, but she didn't want to let down the Saturday night live audience, so she was gonna go and do her best. But she couldn't. She tried. She was sold the public relation machine at work trying to come up and concoct anything. And this was in a time when you can get away with all that because no one was fact checking anybody, and it was a time before social media was really big now and the acid reflux story was made up. Yeah, of course it was. Yeah. No, that's a foregone conclusion. But I'll say this a full transparency and to these artists credit a lot of times. Most times they have a guide vocal. That vocal that's laid down is a guy as a guide. So if you come off of a note or you lose your tempo, it's there in the background to kind of pick you up. That's the purpose of having that, for whatever reason, you know whatever. So that being said, other people in history, you know who've kind of lost it. I guess, dare I say John bon Jovi? John bon Jovi when he does Living on a Prayer, he never goes there with those because that song was written in such a high I guess a high pitch or a high yeah in nineteen eight a high register when they were in their twenties, right, So he can't hit it now. He just sings, yeah, we're halfway there. He doesn't acoustically you.
Speaker 6: Know you are, or he has background half way there, and when he has to go whoa, because you have to go whoa, he does points the microphone at the audience or right, yeah, Now, I have a friend I've told this story.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna mention his name, but he gets hired to be off stage and hit those high notes for the famous singer on stage, so it looks like the singer is hitting the notes, but he's doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: So anyway, my point is, does Timberlake have lime disease or does he have acid reflux?
Speaker 2: Quote unquote No, He's like, is this a pr thing? Is it the backlash? I don't think scary? No, wait a minute, the backlash has been going on for over a week. Why would you wait a week? Why wouldn't you imiately, come on, go whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 4: Woa.
Speaker 3: I's want to let you know or tell the audience and go, hey, guys, listen, I'm fighting lime disease right now. Thanks for being with me, Thanks for supporting me.
Speaker 2: Because some people want some people want their privacy and it's a it's a last resort. Papa roach if.
Speaker 3: You know that, uh uh, thanks Olympus kit No, Papa Roach, Papa Roach, I'm be in, Papa Roach. I always confused to If you know that you are not being able to sing, you owe it to your audience to tell them, hey, listen and then and then and they'll forgive you.
Speaker 2: They'll appreciate the honesty. They'll be like, yeah, justin, we love you, will sing for you, no problem. Yeah, But to to not mention it, and then, what are you gonna say, I didn't know. I didn't get diagnosed. I just knew something was wrong. Then just tell the audience I'm under the weather. But I didn't want I didn't want to cancel on you guys, because I love you guys. Do you think that's the right thing to do. I think it is. And I think in hindsight, he might have. He might have gone that route had he thought it over, but he didn't. He chose a different path. All Right, we've done we we we've droned on enough of crime. Prime Rever is not going the Boys podcast.
Speaker 7: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If if we have any people here that listen to this podcast that also listen to the Big Show on podcast format, The Big Show meaning Elvis de rand in the Morning Show, come on now we have new listeners. Well, anyway, you're the title is very misleading. The title of the podcast of the elvistand Morning Show Today is the day Scary got fired. This is a big, big catastrophe on the Morning Show today. You know it was you know, obviously would do it a bit. You know, it was kind of it was very funny. Actually, but you got fired in some other job and they're talking about no the fifteen Well, first of all, I don't know if people took it literally like Scary got fired, but I thought it's called the after party. No, this was on the This was on the big show, Elvis Durand Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: But we make a podcast version of the show, like a condensed version without the music and the commercials. So and the podcast version of today's show. That's the title because it took up a good fifteen twenty minutes of the show today. And basically, I'm going to give you the scenario. And you know, obviously they basically said that I was at fault for something. Now, okay, you probably were. I already take this side, but oh of course, Well I'll just give you the punchline. First. The phone tap practical joke phone call that we air in the morning that played on Monday and Today's Thursday played twice, played on Thursday, today today too. So yeah, so listeners came, yeah, great, So listeners caught that and they're like, what are you guys doing? We heard it somebody funny. It was yours that played twice and not somebody else. No, it's not mine. It was Danielle's. Okay, but the subject matter anyway, What we found out was that producer Sam mislabeled it. She mislabeled what I thought, well, I was pulling for today, which had to do with a Vegas Time Share, said it on the label Vegas time Share. But the audio that played that she loaded into that, that NP three was this duplicate audio from the phone prank we played on Monday. It was about it was about a dog, a woman's dog. Well, so basically you didn't preview it. The titles were right Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, because we have the schedule that we prinned down out of what we're going to air for the week, and the audio the audio was wrong. Today's audio was wrong. Now now it is Sam's job to load the audio in to double check her work, and you know, serve it up and it's my job to find it in the library, place it in the computer and let it and get it ready for air. And that's what you know, That's what I did. But somehow it came back to me. All the listeners were blaming me the whole morning show, and Elvis quote fired me on the air saying it was my fault that David Brody, Yes, sir, how is it my fault? I'd like to know how is this my fault? It's Sam has a job, and she did her job, but she erroneously loaded the cut in the wrong cut and one of the jobs that she has to do is to follow through and listen back to her work. Now, did by any chance did you pull a muscle throwing her under the bus?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: You too? At two? Brutus at two? That's not what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not taking his side, but you clearly are throwing her under the bus.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying she's not guilty. Now you by listening to the Morning show today, Hold on.
Speaker 3: When I worked on the Morning Show and I presented audio to Elvis and I said, oh, you know, the Interurns loaded on top of the charts. If there was a mistake, it was my fault for not checking the audio.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: As executive producers, you are ultimately responsible what goes out on the radio. That you are the audio executive producer, meaning all of the sound that goes out is under your sam technically sort of reports to you.
Speaker 2: You give her assignment. She acknowledged that on the air today. Yeah, because you're my supervisor. It's your fault. I'm like, what, well, wait a second, it's it's her fault for making the mistake and not checking it. Yeah, But ultimately, you, Scary Jones and Elvis's eyes are responsible for best of audio and phone tap audio and segment audio. Like when he says, oh I need an Italian bed, if you give him an Italian bed, but it's Irish music, right, that's your fault because you didn't check it. Now, if it's something that you need to spur the moment, like Scary, give it the audio and you load it, that's not your fault.
Speaker 3: But if it's something like the phone tap that should get loaded at least a day in advance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you didn't preview it. I give you. I give you at least twenty five percent of the blame there twenty five I was assuming ninety five percent of the blame on the radio today. I took all the I took all the heat. Oh that's pretty much. Well, he likes Sam more than you, so that's sure. Well. I compareared it to. I compared it to if I was to and it might have been a week. Example. But if I if I go and I was, and I go out and buy ice cream, chocolate ice cream and the label says chocolate, and I open it up and it's vanilla ice cream in there. It's not my fault that it's vanilla. Let me tell you what the problem is that your analogy if if you but somebody, the person who voted that ice cream, it's their fault. It's the mister, you know, it's it's the company's fault.
Speaker 3: If you bought ice cream, Okay, right, let's say, uh, vanilla ice cream, right, but your blind grandmother who is allergic to chocolate, and you handed the ice cream without checking to make sure that it's chocolate, even though it says vanilla on the label. You hand your blind grandmother ice cream and you're like, by grandma, I love you, enjoy your ice cream, and you leave and it's chocolate and she opens it and eats it and dies. I would give you, I would give you blame for that, but not double checking.
Speaker 2: And what is this double checking? If I order food from McDonald's, they don't taste it for me? First?
Speaker 3: Man from McDonald's, sham's title producer producer right, right?
Speaker 2: And what's your title on the show? Executive producer? Right?
Speaker 3: So you need to executive that ship and make sure it goes out on the air that you checked it first. Now I'm giving you forty percent gratitude.
Speaker 2: Does McDonald's taste my food before they give it to me? No? So then why no they don't?
Speaker 3: Then why shouldn't the kid cooking the If the guy cooking the burgers is consistently cooking them raw, does the manager get in trouble?
Speaker 2: Is it his fault? Yes? Or her fault? Yes?
Speaker 3: The manager is ultimately responsible for the people that work there. You are an executive producer?
Speaker 2: Well now, well, now this just shows that I can't trust anyone. I can't just trust because we as Elvis can't trust you as the executive to do so because you did in Jack I've perfected. We've perfected this assembly line and the system that we have in place. There are no errors. There's been an error. That's your question.
Speaker 3: If if Andrew is in charge of writing the guest BYO, and he hands it to Nate, and Nate hands it to Elvis without looking at it, and there's something factually incorrect, And when Elvis interviews the guest, he says, oh, I see you're born in Saint Louis. And the guest says, no, I was born in Alaska. And Elvis looks stupid.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get mad at whom Nate, because that's how it works. Shit rolls down hill. It sounds like it's rolling up hill. It sounds like it rolls uphill.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, it started with you to shit hit you. Now you want to yell at Sam, that's your business. But Elvis is gonna yell at you, just like Elvis is gonna yell at Nate but not checking the bio. Elvis, Yeah, you know, I don't mean. I just it just sucks because now I'm listen. I'm not trying to I'm trying. I'm not trying to weasel my way out of this.
Speaker 2: I just I didn't see that I had I had fault in this, but I I you know.
Speaker 3: I can answer your question. When Garrett loads audio. Garrett's an audio producer as well. Yes, when Garrett loads audio into the system before you guys do sound on the air with Garrett, don't you preview the audio?
Speaker 2: No, we don't. That's when I was there. You did. You should come in. I should just make sure that I should make sure that there's audio there.
Speaker 3: You should make sure that it's the correct audio. I mean, if you want the billion dollar morning show to be successful. Yes, now I think forty five percent blanks. I don't like your attitude that's going on. Oh really yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow? How how quickly you you cave? I can't believe you're taking so can I can take any side I want? You're my boy. You're supposed to be taking my side the boys. I also know scary when you when when my interns loaded audio and mono instead of stereo and you would play it, you go brody in turns and you yell at me. Then ship for it's not a prod. You let this get by you. I did. It's all right, you're so right? Yeah, yeah, okay, it's come back around. I did, Yeah, you did yeah.
Speaker 9: With Scary and Brodie.
Speaker 2: Wow. Can we can we talk about something positive and uplifting because my, my, my spirits are in the dumps right now. Well I'm going to talk to you that that is.
Speaker 3: Positive involves spirits, but not necessarily uplifting spirits like liquor spirits and the.
Speaker 2: Mater real world. No, not spirits like that.
Speaker 3: I had a family friend, a friend of my father's, so he has been a family friend for many, many many years, passed away this past weekend. Condulces or not in order, It's fine. He was ill for a long time.
Speaker 2: Great guy. But the funeral was Sunday, and he was he is. It was when he was alive, a veteran of the army, and when the funeral was taking place at the at the gravesite, there were two soldiers there in uniform, in their dress uniforms.
Speaker 3: And to honor him because that's a service that's provided for veterans, and one gentleman had an Air Force uniform on dressed blues beautiful played taps, which is unbelievable. Taps live is unbelievable. And another gentleman soldier was wearing dress Army uniform from the Korean War era. He got he he was given as part of this organization that does this for veterans. So he was dressed in a typical nineteen fifties army uniform. Right now, I did not serve. My father served.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: But there's something about the military. And that's just the way they walked, the way they they looked forward and marched. There was a His casket was draped with an American flag. And I don't know how long these two men knew each other, if they if they if they never met before, and they were just assigned to this funeral. But it doesn't matter, because when you're in the military, you all get the training. They approached the casket in a machine like synchronicity, grabbed each end of the flag, took the flag off based each other, and folded the flag into a triangle and then tucked one end into the other end, and they turn and rotate and they present it to the to the his wife, and it's it's just I can't put it into words. I'm trying. I don't want to use the word spectacular. Maybe just one inspiring, but you know, it was worthy of the service that my friend you know, gave to this country. But the way they carry themselves, the way they the way they go through a ceremony, the way they move and look, and that professionalism is just beyond anything to idiots like us could ever do. I mean, you and I could never do that. You and I couldn't be in the military. That we don't have the charter, we don't have the series.
Speaker 2: Discipline, we don't And I know I'm visualizing it because I've seen I've seen this before, and how they they're so sharp in there and and so I mean the they precise in there and in the way that they move, and they move with conviction, and it's just very Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. And then the way they fold the flag. I've seen that ceremony before. Yeah, that's it was.
Speaker 3: Done for my father as well. It's just you know, it was it was listen. It was not a happy moment, it was said. But I just couldn't help. But just like I get moved by these people. So those to the to the people that have given their time and lives to the service and have that kind of dedication and that kind of Gump show and U and seriousness in life. Oh, absolutely, because you know that's that's all. I just want to just mention that again. I don't I don't any condolences. You don't have to message me. It's it is what it is. You know, he was not well for a long time, lived very long, happy life, but he served his country and he was honored for it.
Speaker 2: And that's really what I wanted to say. Just, you know, thank you military in general. That's so sweet. That really is nice. That was a nice touch.
Speaker 3: Now do you want to hear about the T shirt I wore and the stupid comments?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to. I want to hear some of that sound that we have. I know we have some sound. We have sound lingering, I have sound from a Yes, it's been a while. Yeah, you're gonna play all right, it's been a while. You missed it anyway, I didn't, I got it. I don't know what I've played here that, yes, I did. Okay, wait when we last left off, it's been a few episodes since we played any sound here.
Speaker 3: Here is a DJ from a couple of weeks ago. I guess she's not really a sports fan and definitely not a hockey fan, but she was talking about the hockey playoffs and try a filled time because the hockey playoffs were on Sirius XM and so she was probably obligated to talk about it. So I just I found this to be incredibly uncomfortable.
Speaker 10: So tonight is big for hockey. Game four, the Stanley Cup Finals. Tonight Edmund has taken on Florida Edmonton, hoping to take the win to tie up the series and make it make it a new series.
Speaker 9: Right, if they tie it up, it'll.
Speaker 10: It'll be like they're all matched up in the last three games.
Speaker 9: The decision makers don't see what happens. Well, I guess it could.
Speaker 10: Possibly only be two games if one of the team's won two.
Speaker 9: Anyway, let's get through tonight.
Speaker 2: Wow, word salad, What the hell? Well, first of all, she lost me at it becomes a new match. Now, I understand when you tie things up, it's even it's not it up, and people say it's a new game, but it's really not right. That's where she and then then she went just completely off a cliff after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, over cliff, here's a radio station on satellite radio. Have you We've talked about them being called the Aths, but have you ever heard the decades referred to like this, We're.
Speaker 10: Not stuck in the two thousands.
Speaker 9: We're here by choice.
Speaker 10: The alternative sound of the zeros and tens.
Speaker 3: The zero's intents, the zeros. Have you ever heard of the decade called the zeros?
Speaker 2: Never? Never, never? And I barely have heard the tens, even though because there's only one zero that makes the zero thousands the zeros, oh one is not a zero year zero one, the zeros, the zeros with a zero one, zero two, zero three, zero four, But they weren't called the zeros. Well, if you're yeah, but if you if you, if you're doing it in two digits, then you need then you could say the zeros. Yeah, But I don't know about that, the zeros. She gets to pass on that one, all right.
Speaker 3: I think this was Keith and Endez talking about difficult jobs you do working with your hands.
Speaker 2: Yep, it didn't didn't come out right.
Speaker 8: I think, particularly when it comes to our vegetable growers.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is the new newscaster talking about farmers who work with their hands.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 8: I think, particularly when it comes to our vegetable growers, they absolutely have to have those workers. Those are hard, hard hand jobs.
Speaker 3: It's hard hand jobs. It's a hard hand job, hard hand jobs. Billy Bob Thornton does a commercial for t Mobile. He says, he says something and then follows it up with a non sequitor. It doesn't make sense. I don't think I'll explain why I have to hear it.
Speaker 4: Mobiles Network has the most advanced five G, with more towers and their signal racist further than ever, so you could say you won't believe where I am seriously or am I?
Speaker 2: He says, you won't believe where I am? Seriously? Where am I? In order to say you won't believe where I am?
Speaker 3: Don't you have to know where You have to know where you are, right, So you can't follow it up with seriously, where am I?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's tongue in cheek. He's joking. No, it's it's incorrect. Say play that again, Play that one again? All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Mobiles Network has the most advanced five G, with more talers, and their signal rach is further than ever, so you could say you won't believe where I am seriously or am I?
Speaker 2: No, But he's talking to the third person of the first part of that. He's saying you could say you won't believe where I am? Meaning you? Yeah, is that what you're going with? All right? Yes, this sounded weird that just I think. And then it's okay then for him to say where am I? Because okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's a DJ lying to the audience. Scary, tell me what they're lying about?
Speaker 2: And unfortunately I've gotta leave you guys, And I'm just as sad as you are. Trust me, I'm mad about it. But they're telling me I gotta leave. So I'm gonna hit it the right way right now, me and you right now, we're gonna end this the right way with hardy. Okay. First of all, he's not said he's so happy to be ending his shift. Second, correct, the second of all, they told him, Yeah, they told him, telling me I have to get out of here, nother nother not they're not intact. If it was up to them, you'd work twenty four hours a day and for no pay. So fine, And he probably recorded this like three days earlier, and he's home. That's another thing. Yeah, that's the voice tracked. So yeah, that's the third point he was And I'm upset about it. You're fuck out here, Uh, this, I don't know what I wrote here, says sneak peak. Let me see if I can remember what it was. Where's keep it?
Speaker 10: But your celebration already is oh yeah yeah social media.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. So uh local sports station.
Speaker 3: Uh, female sportscaster is interviewing a football player on the New York Giants, and he's been talking about how when he gets an interception or scores a touchdown, he's a defensive player, he's got a big celebration. He's going to unveil a new celebration for this year. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: So she keeps.
Speaker 3: Asking him to see it, and he keeps saying, you'll see it when it happens, and she doesn't seem to take no for an answer.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 9: I mean an NFL sack yet, But your celebration already is blowing up on social media.
Speaker 1: Can we get a sneak peek of what fans will hopefully see a lot.
Speaker 11: Of the season during the season Week one, no, whatever plays o Magad makes far, you know, get the fans celebrations. I like to have fun out there, So I'm out there playing football. I'm in my own world. I's like to have fun. What is the celebration it' see week one?
Speaker 3: Than he keeps saying, you'll see it week one, Well, what is it? You'll see it week one? Yes, sneak peak.
Speaker 2: In other words, I'm not doing it for you right here, bitch, right stop asking me. And she's asking the question. I understand she has to ask, but I understand his point that he doesn't want to be bothered. It's like he's not in that frame of mind. He didn't just score a touchdown, so all of a sudden, he's just gonna dance from me, clown. I'm gonna give you is I'll do it. It's a game when when the emotion is there a circus, I can unveil it in a in a in a in a practice session. Yeah that's that's wrong. But but the worst she didn't take no for the answer, though she should have. She should have just quit while she was ahead. Sneak peak, No, sneak peak. No, this is a minor thing.
Speaker 3: But this woman works in sports and she's talking about a sports publication called The Athletic.
Speaker 9: Her first base Enrique men So that deal looks to be complete.
Speaker 10: As first reporter by Hen Rosenthal of the athletics and Dan Hayes also of the athletics.
Speaker 7: It signals to do she.
Speaker 3: Said athletics twice. She added, an ass to a famous publication, The Athletic Okay, all right, I got two more things. This What is this person saying? I'll tell you what he said. But what are they What do you think they're saying?
Speaker 9: Actually there was some questions. Did this person or cologne with the others?
Speaker 2: Did this person do what where cologne?
Speaker 9: There was some questions did this person work cologne with their others?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, this person work alone? Yeah, I thought, he said. Did this person wear coloone?
Speaker 3: We're Colone talking about the New York shooter, the guy who shot up the office.
Speaker 2: This person, why would you care if you walk cologne?
Speaker 9: Actually there was some questions. Did this person work cologne with anywhere?
Speaker 2: Cologne? Cologne Colone? He made, yeah, he yeah, jumbled his words together.
Speaker 3: Now this one I have to cut off in case anything comes through here. But I called my health benefits company. And usually when you call your health benefits company, you get thank you for calling, press one for this, press two for that. Well, here's exactly what I heard when I called, and I started recording after a couple of seconds. But this is what I heard, and I'm gonna lower it when I start mentioning names, and okay we go here we go, all right, Missouri?
Speaker 4: Yeah, six five six.
Speaker 7: His phone number still four one seven, okay, five four five A two email is still Kevin at a fun right, thank you? Is there any other prescription your husband is taking that he's not getting through the mail order that he'd like to have mil order delivered? Okay, your decision has no impact on his pot.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I called my benefits company and it went right to this phone call, and I was listening in to a phone call. The woman confirmed her social Security number, medications.
Speaker 2: You were patching on this. You were patched in listening to this. Yeah. Yeah, I just called the company and like, and I'm listen.
Speaker 7: Hey, hold on ship, I'm seeing where he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 3: I can't go any further. Wow, She says, all of his personal information and the drugs he's on. She the woman's calling about her husband.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if slices as it have happened to you where you called and you got patched in it like another call did you did you announce yourself? No, I said hello, but they couldn't hear me. I could hear them, so eventually I hung up. I'm like, I can't do this is wrong. Oh man, all right, technology baby, Oh, I got one less piece of sound and then we'll take a break. You know how they give you the side effects of drugs always, you know. Side effects may include diarrhea, upset stomach. This is a commercial for Jardians and it's bad. Yeah, but there's some things in here that are so bad I've never heard them before. Yeah, take a listen and see if you can figure out what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: Pretty its can lower the risk of cardiovascular deaths.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Serious side effects include increased key tones and blood or urine, which can be fatal. Stop Guardians and call your.
Speaker 9: Doctor right away.
Speaker 5: If you have nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, trouble breathing, or increased key tones. Gardians may cause dehydration that can suddenly worsen kidney function and make you feel dizzy, light headed, or weak upon standing.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 5: Generally use infections and minimal urinary tract infections. Low blood sugar or a rare life threading. Bacterial infection between it around the anus and genitals can occur on your doctor.
Speaker 2: Rid on a rare bacterial infection around the anus and genitals. But that's not the bad part.
Speaker 5: Here we go the fever or feel weak or tired, and pain, tenderness, swelling or redness in the genital area.
Speaker 2: Okay, pain and redness in the general area. Nope, that's not it. Oh, use the allergic to jargeus.
Speaker 10: Stop use.
Speaker 5: If you have a serious allergic reaction, call your doctor. If you have rash, swelling, difficulty breathing or swallowing, you may have increased risk for lower limb loss.
Speaker 4: Call your doctor right away.
Speaker 2: If you have you may have lost risk of limb loss. What Why would I even resk risk that? Why am I even taking jargons? You know, listen, it's probably like one in a million, but they have to give you that warning. No, thank you. In addition to rashes and burning in your anus and genital area, your legs may fall off terrible. Well, let's go back again. So I hate it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 5: All in the may cause dehigration that can suddenly worsen kidney function and make you feel dizzy.
Speaker 2: Lightheaded or weaker, dizzey and light headed.
Speaker 5: General use infections in men and women, Urinary tract infections, low blood sugar or a rare life rereading bacterial infection between it around the anus and genitals can occur. Oh, call your doctor right away. If you have fever or feel weak or tired, and pain, tenderness, swelling, your redness in the genital layer. Okay, using allergic to Jersey, stop you you have a serious allergic reaction.
Speaker 4: On your doctor.
Speaker 5: If you have rash, swelling difficult or you may have risk for lower limb.
Speaker 2: Laws, increased risk of limb loss, lower lower limb loss, so you become a leper. I mean, yeah, it happened to someone. I mean it must have in order for them to include that in there. Uh yeah, I'm staying away from that. You wonder why I hate medication, By the way, this is it's reasons like this. But you take so many things. I don't take drugs, take you take your mushroom pills, and you're take natural things. No natural stuff. I'm on the next one is gonna be ganda wait till you get to that. But anyway, yeah, no, really things like like like supplements. You go there on the next vacation, probably this time. These are items and the you know, the compounds that are that are occurring regularly in nature. I'm okay with that. You've never seen an audience plant. No, all right, it's the podcast. Ah my god? So what are what are your plans for this weekend?
Speaker 4: Brody?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know what I've got pick a ball this weekend. No, you don't say you're playing pickleball? Yeah, I pick a ball. Yeah. I may go see Naked Gun, the the newest naked gun movie in the franchise. That's on my list, very high on my list.
Speaker 3: I am a big, big fan of that genre of comedy. Yeah, so that's on my list to do this weekend. I'll tell you, what do you have this weekend? You plant besides the rooftop lunches and dinners and to be hanging out And I'm going down the to the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be hanging out with my girlfriend Robin and also our friend Iez from Channel five The Good Day New York. It's her birthday, so she'll be then down there with Mike Woods. Mike Woods is the weather guy. She does the trafic woods very much. Yeah. Yeah, these are our local newscasters. If you're not in the New York City area, let me.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question because I wanted to ask you this last week. Yeah, your girlfriend Robin's going yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I know that you guys are happy with this level of relationship. Yeah, I might not looking to change anything. Everything's good, everything solid. It is how you'd like it to be sure?
Speaker 2: At what point will you be too old to refer to her as your girlfriend? Robin?
Speaker 3: When you're seventy eight years old, you were indenture like, this is my girlfriend, Robin.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We've been together fifty something years.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never thought. I never gave it much thought, like is she gonna be a life partner? This is my partner? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to put a label on things? My problem in the place, But you have a label you call your girlfriend Robin. Everybody knows who Robin is. If you just say I'm going down with Robin, people would like, oh, it's his girlfriend. But you always refard us by girffad rubb, I go rubbing. So I'm wondering twenty five years from now, thirty years from now, God willing just still be together and healthy and alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you gonna be like, Hey, I'm bringing my girlfriend and I going to play bingo. The reason I ask is at the funeral, why do you Why are we skipping ahead forty fifty years your funeral? Now you're a funeral. I'm hoping forty fo years at the funeral.
Speaker 3: One of my mom's friends, who she knew since grammar school, was there again. These are family friends for a long time. She is, I want to say, mid to late eighties. Looks great, great health.
Speaker 2: God bless her. Her sister. Her oldest sister is ninety eight years old, and she's still sister. God blessed well. I said, she is ninety eight years old. That's great.
Speaker 3: Her oldest sister is ninety years old and is in a retirement home, an old age home. She can't take care of herself now, but she's sharp as attack, and she's still funny and talkative and great. God bless her. Women live longer usually, God bless them. So she's telling me this story about the last time she went to visit her a couple of weeks ago. She has a new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh, how nice.
Speaker 3: He's eighty two, a younger man. So I said, Oh, your sister's a cougar. Said, yep, but at eighty two he can still do what he's got to do. And so she's getting some at eight ninety eight from an eighty two year old.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. Yep, No, she told me she's My sister has a very active set. And how old is is this the again? Ninety ninety eight, ninety eight, ninety eight, ninety seven and a half, gonna be ninety eight soon, I think, is what she said. I'm just rounding it up to ninety eight. Do they eighty nine with each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hold one of.
Speaker 2: Them, remember sixty ninety eight for the positions? Oh my god, so slices. Do you have someone in your family around that age who's still getting it on, still doing it, on doing it at ninety eight?
Speaker 3: So she met him, She said, she met this guy like maybe a month ago, and they're already steady. They're going steady because you.
Speaker 2: Know, you can't you can't wait, I would say, they're unsteady at this age. Well to walk, yes, but you can't like you can't like you go like, oh, let's date for a while and see where it goes. They got to see where it goes right away. She's ninety eight. Oh yeah, she ain't hold it out. This is like, yeah, you can't be like, Oh, let's see how this goes, and maybe in a few months a woman like me, I don't sleep around. No, you've gotta do what you gotta do it. Ninety eight, first date, go for it, actually looking date. Yeah, oh you know that. No, of course, it's like love at first sight at that point. Yeah, it's apple sauce night in the cafeteria. Let's do it. I can't. I can't. I'm like.
Speaker 3: I got questions at ninety years after if she still had her teeth, But I didn't, thought that was rude.
Speaker 2: Oh does she still walk and get out of bed in the morning or yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man gets around, Yes, I can see she gets around. Y, she gets around. Ninety eight. She's still doing it, though, you imagine. I don't think I'll be doing it at ninety eight. Did I'll be lucky if I'm doing I'm lucky. I'm doing it at freaking fifty eight. Well didn't you forty next? Once in your forties or thirties now, Yeah, nowadays, I do. Now I can't. I can't stay awake. Yeah it's hard or not, it's not. It's just there. I mean it's like, yeah, it's oh my god. I'm just I'm I have all these questions. But I don't know. Eighty two year old. You think you gotta wonder was he looking for an older woman a little more experience he's looking for eighty the average eighty two year old woman. I mean, I mean ninety six stuff from stuff from around here is now down there. I mean gravity's had its effect. Yeah, but I guess you could thank you could thank si Alis and viagra. No I met a woman.
Speaker 3: I guess if a woman, if you go down on a ninety eight year old woman, everything's now in the same place.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well, we got to stop this. I can't even think about this anymore because this is just wrong on so many levels. I'm really worried to tackle this.
Speaker 3: Boy, You're afraid the ninety eight year old women listening to this podcast are gonna be offended, you know, I just I don't.
Speaker 2: I think we should just mind our own business on this scary I'd like you to later when we're ninety five ninety seven, ninety eight years old. Are we still going to be doing it? And let us let us know next episode? What I do think? I I will say this though, we are overall increasing our life expectancy, right, So at some point it's going to be pretty common for people in their eighties and nineties to still be regularly doing it just right, Whereas we take it back a century or so, oh people were dining in the thirties, they haven't had that process.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I don't know, it's food for thought. I appreciate you. Hey, thanks for bringing that up, very Robin. I think I don't know. I don't recognize her anymore, is that you, Robin? Now, thanks for the diversion. I was talking about going to the shore for's birthday AND's birthday, So what else you got? Well, you know, Saturday night, we're gonna we're gonna go out to dinner, and I think we're gonna have like, uh, that's what people eight of us, and we want to go to this specific restaurant and they basically they I said, can I get around? Can I get a round table? And they're like, well, sorry, but they're all booked out. We can only give you, like, like a long one long table. And I said, oh, maybe I don't want to make the reservation here, And everyone's thinking of being a little too particular about that, and I said no, I said, it's your birthday. It's like's birthday. We should all be together and we should we want to be an a round table, because let's face it, you have better times with your friends in a round table. Do you agree this disagree? Ang author would tell you that right nights of the round table. But oh, thanks for pointing that out. Yeah, but in the round in a round table situation, everyone looks at each other, just eye contact. Everyone feels got to share the food. It's all in the middle. Yeah, and it's everyone feels equal because they're everyone's in our there's no one person that's dominating. There's not one person sitting at the head of the table. But especially for like, having conversation is the fucking worst when it's as salt a long table, because it's a rectangular table, because the people you know all all of a sudden you're breaking down to two three different conversations because and there's no cohesiveness to the table because the people at one end can't hear the other people. Some of them don't even see them because they stand them on the same side of the tables the other of the people down the row. So it's just fucked. So, but everyone thinks I'm being too bougie or particular.
Speaker 3: Like a round table, if you are the only one that cares and everyone else is fine with it, then you're being a dick about it. If everyone agreed with you, then it's like, yeah, scary's rightwards. If four people out of eight were like a round table is better, I'd go somewhere else, So I would go to only one making a stink about it.
Speaker 2: Then it's on you. But I would rather go to a lesser restaurant and sit at around table than to go to this place, which is a better restaurant in my opinion, and sit at a rectangle, a long rectangular table.
Speaker 3: Okay, how many on a scale of one to ten, how many numbers down did you want to go to get a round table? In other words, if you were at an eight and a half restaurant, would you go to a seven point seventy five or would you go to a six?
Speaker 2: That's tough. I don't know. My friend's saying they're all saying them being a little too particular. What do you want? You're the restaurant Maven, you want to but I want I also want. I want the eight of us to be able to look at each other in a round table situation.
Speaker 3: I want Maybe they don't want to look at you, Maybe they don't want to look at each other. How they want to break off into threes and conversation.
Speaker 2: You can't deny there's there's more laughs at a round table than there is at a rectangular table. If I'm at a table, it doesn't matter what shape it is, there's always more laughs. I don't have to.
Speaker 3: Around, doesn't need a round table to get people to laugh. But I understand what you're saying. I would, I look, I would rather have a round table. Given the options. Uh, when I went out in my family there was five of us, we would tend to get a round table. Yeah, usually a table for six, and the empty seat would be next to me because you know it was me. But uh, a round table is always better. You could see everybody, but exactly, but if the table's too big, Like when I went out in my Brooklyn friends, but there was like fourteen of us at a round table twelve it's too big, then send people on the other side so far away.
Speaker 2: They can't hear you. What a table of twelve? That's round. It was a big ass table. Yeah, there's maybe maybe he has twelve of us. I think, all right, well, I see it can get a little but I think I think eight is okay. I mean it's a table for six or eight maybe. Yeah. I also think that when you go to a bar with a round bar with little curves, I think that breeds more conversation and more interaction. People love a good round bar.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I understand you're not going to talk to the people the other side of the bar, but round bar is good.
Speaker 3: But everybody in the bar is also good because then you can talk to the people on the short side if you're on the long side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if you're just sitting in the in the middle of the bar, no, you get nothing. You nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but if you get the corner, the corner is good. Yeah, corner normal spot. You get the norm spot norm from cheers, the norm spot.
Speaker 2: Oh he had the corner one right, yeah, all right, I know, I know it was being a little bit a bit much, but nobody quite understand get that. Being bougie, I'm just trying to I want maximum maximum fun being a finicky fuck for the finicky fuck. Who's that fuck? That's the name of the episode, finicky fuck. No, that will not be the name of this episode. Oh my god. So what do you got? What do you got, Brodie? You have some you have some fun for us? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to do a job reference for a former intern of hours. So the intern, the interurn got in touch at me and said, hey, I'm applying for this job. I'm putting you down as a reference. Can you you know, are you okay with that? I should have asked you first. I said, please, you're one of the best interns, you know, fantastic you know, of course I would give you a great reference, of course, yeah? Sor right, well, you know, I just I just did. I just applied this morning, and I put you down as a reference. And you know, with those things, it could be like a week before they get in touch with you. An hour later, I get a phone call and they said, oh, uh, we're calling about blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Uh did you know her? Yeah? What was your relationship? I said, she was my intern. Next question, did she report to you? Yeah, she was my intern. She was my intern. That should have been in the previous sentence.
Speaker 3: This is why I said that my interna now, uh for technical reason. Now to be clear, she was an intern for the morning show. But the interns reported to me because I hired them and interviewed them and trained them and gave them her assignments. But they were morning show interns. Okay, okay, all right, okay. Can we ask you a bunch of questions? Now formally when I do references, they're like, can you tell us how you know what you thought of her as an employee? Can you tell us what you thought of them? You know, what was their work ethic? You know, like actual sentences. Here, here's here's the questions. How uh would you say her attendance was excellent, good, average or poor?
Speaker 2: Said excellent? Uh? Did she work well with others? Would you say?
Speaker 3: The answer would be she worked well, she worked excellently, well, well, good or not well?
Speaker 2: I said excellent? Great? Okay?
Speaker 3: How would you describe her attendance? Did she have great attendance, good attendance, fair attendance or poor attendants? So I'm like so I go, are you gonna ask me any questions where I can answer? I give you answers.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know, it's just what I we'll get to that I have to answer. Okay, did she take initiative? Always? Sometimes? Or not at all? I said always? This sounds robotic. It was robotic. I don't even think the woman was like it. Like, I don't think she spoke English fluently. I think she was reading over a sheet. How well did she communicate on a scale of one to five? I felt like saying better than you?
Speaker 10: So far you?
Speaker 3: I said five? Anyway, So she asked me like a whole bunch of questions like that, Uh, all the time? Sometime occasionally?
Speaker 2: No, never.
Speaker 3: I'm like, did she respect the our coworkers all the time? Sometimes? I go, who respects their co workers?
Speaker 2: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Like I I was like, I don't understand, I said, I said, listen, are there any more question? So I answered all the questions, and I said, listen, here's what I want to tell you. I don't know if you have room on that paper to write anything. I don't know if you're the person doing the hiring, I don't know if you're just like a headhunter.
Speaker 2: I don't know what your role is. But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: She was a fantastic intern. I would gladly hire her again. If I had a new job, I would hire her for that job if she was qualified. She has an immense work ethic, a tremendous personality. She'd be an asset to any company that hires her.
Speaker 2: How's that? See that right there? Spoke a whole lot more about her as you painted the picture than a bunch of these stupid questions that were yeah, but kind of after all that, she says to me, that sounds so like calculated and just black and white.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, things aren't, says to me. I appreciate very much you giving that feedback, but I have no where to write that on this phone.
Speaker 2: Ah okay great. I said, well, can you please pass along with this sheet that you filled out whoever's doing the hiring that I gave a glowing review. Would you please? Nope? Sorry, Oh, she can't have my mind. O't have room in my brain for that. So this is what it's come to. My former intern. Her job, her future, her career rests on me answering multiple choice robot questions. That's disgusting. Yeah. Yeah, so there you go. Were almost done. We another break. We have another break coming up, my friend, Oh, I got more to talk about. Okay, then you hold your horses and we'll do that. Right, I got more? Yeah, Now you had to look on your face scared they had something you wanted to run by me. No, No, I don't. I'm good. What do you think you want to earn? Buy? I mean, I mean I could ask I you can ask a million things right now, but I don't think I want to hear the answers to half of them. Okay, I'm gonna give you two pickle ball stories and then we're gonna go pick a ball. Story Number one is that?
Speaker 3: Remember on Slice Time a couple of days ago, I told you about a woman at pickleball who saw me wearing my Brooklyn Boys shirt to pickle ball.
Speaker 2: Yes, she says, oh, you do a podcast whatever, its just and she did to me, when does it air?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: We talked about that. We joked that podcasts don't air, they're always you know, they're just there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So she came in.
Speaker 3: Yesterday and she says, I listened to your podcast. I said, oh yeah, I liked it very much. I said, oh, oh, great, terrific. Just I should have said, when does the episode drop?
Speaker 2: Haha?
Speaker 3: I said, air, I get it my you know, She's like, but it was very funny? Is she very funny? I listened to all the callers. I said, did you listen to the episode of the calls we're talking about? No, I said, I told you you have to listen to the episode and then the episode about the episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have to go back and listen.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 2: Fine, that being said on I wore my shirt on Monday, my Brooklyn Boys shirt Monday night, and there were two women talking to me about the Brooklyn Boys shirt. This woman who said she wanted to know when the episode aired. Yeah, and she said, and this other woman who was like, oh, what's your show about? So I explained it as best I can.
Speaker 3: And I want to say, I want to say this woman's name is Patricia for the sake of this conversy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Patricia. And the first woman says, oh, what episode should I start with?
Speaker 4: Like you know?
Speaker 3: So I said, well, we recommend you start from episode zero. This three hundred and forty five episodes at A three hundred and forty four. At the time of this, I was talking to her, and I said, you know, look, you can start wherever you want, but we recommend you start from episode zero so you learn who we are and that thing and who Yeah, yeah, you learn about the morning show I worked on, which is part of the fabric of our show. And the other woman says, I have a better idea.
Speaker 2: Because oh.
Speaker 3: So, the first woman says, well, three hundred and forty four episodes, that's overwhelming.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of episodes to listen to. So I said, well, after you listen to like five or ten, you can jump ahead if you want, but you'll get a feel for who we are. Yeah. So the other woman, who I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, I've never played with her before, Patricia, She says, I have a better idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you a better idea than me? Who's on the podcast? Okay?
Speaker 3: She says, you should start from the newest episode and work your way back with oh, because that makes sense. Yeah, she just this way, you won't feel overwhelmed. And I said, Patricia. Patricia just told her to start from episode zero. I know the podcast. I've heard all the episodes.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm on all the episodes, okay, And I'm telling her as an expert on the Brooklyn Boys podcast zero, and you're telling her the exact opposite of what we tell people based on what knowledge I don't understand. Well, I thought it would be easier, easier, or better. How is that easier? Going in reverse order? I said, do you watch television shows like that? If you were going to watch Breaking Bad?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: I said, if someone was gonna like said, if you watched Breaking Bad? No, Well, if you were going to watch Breaking Bad, would you start with the last episode and work your way backwards?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Then why would you suggest that with my podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was trying to be helpful. How is that helpful? Helpful?
Speaker 3: Seriously, Patricia, I'm curious? How's that helpful? And I had a smile on my face. I wasn't as as agitated as I am now.
Speaker 7: Oh, and.
Speaker 2: You don't know me, you don't know my podcast. And also, no one has your opinion? Shut up, Patricia? Am I wrong? Yeah? You're not, You're not wrong. I have an idea. Yeah, why don't you listen to all the even episode numbers first and then listen to the odd numbered episodes first? But if it ends in a five, wait till the end of do it and then count by fives. Yeah, how's that? Does that make more sense? Patricia? How's that for an idea? But better yet, why don't you get listen to the episodes in alphabetical order. Yeah, write them all down and listen to Hey, I've got an Apple episode or whatever, and that'll be your first episode. Shut up, Patria, Patricia. Yeah, Hey, I have a question for you. This is just happened today at the journal in the men's room at work. Were you thirsty when I was? Yeah, of course, you know me, and I was hungry for some ural cakes. No, I love the cakes. Isn't that what you eat when you're on your your fat loss diet. So if you're if you're at the urinal and someone's at the urinal, you know, two away from you, whatever, what's a what is appropriate conversation? And what is is there anything that's off limits to talk about while you're both peeing, because well, because normally I make small.
Speaker 3: Okay to talk about the weather, right, It's okay to talk about sports if you know the person, right, It's not okay to talk about what Jardians did to you and how you have red and burning gennle and anus areas.
Speaker 2: Well, I caught myself talking to Scotty Be today. Yeah, my zipper.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, yeah, franksinbian Scotti. What do you talk to Scotty Bee about? You can't talk about sports?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem. And I didn't realize it until afterwards. And I still and I don't think he thought anything of it. And he walked out of the bathroom, and I'm sitting there like, what did I just do? But are you sitting at the urinal? No, I'm sitting there. I'm in disbelief that I even brought this up. I wasn't standing standing the urn. So I'm I'm in one urinal. He's in the one two doors away. Why are you in the urinal? No, I'm standing over one urinal and he's standing over the one two away from me. Wait a minute, you're standing over the urnl in front of the urinal. You have floor urinals in the new place, and no we don't. I'm standing in front of it. Okay, I'm still over it. I'm over the store. No no, no, my junk is over my junk is My junk is over the urinal is over the urinal. So I'm speaking on behalf of my junk. Okay, the peninsula is over the lene. I guess if you're if it's me, I'm standing early, I'm standing. No, I'm standing in front of the urinal. No, wait a second, yeah, I'm standing in front of it. Right, But I can say i'm standing over the urinal. Is you're junk like at a distance and you're shooting into it, or you generally like leaning in. I think it's over it. Part of my body is over the urinal. Okay, are you close to it so that Scotty can't see you're junk?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But now he's two doors down. He's down to two urinals away. We have a weave of middle. Here's a middle one this three Okay, right, he's the left. I'm at the right. All right, so I'm standing.
Speaker 10: Say to him.
Speaker 2: Did you say to him, Scotty house and hanging standing at the urinal? Did you say how's it hanging?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't, So I said, hey, man, what are you doing on your What are you doing on your vacation? You know, because we have you know, Brody, we have a vacation coming up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Scotty doesn't normally go and Vica. No, he does. Now now things have changed since you've been gone, Kelly, Kelly Clarkson. Okay, Kelly Clarkson, Kelly Clarkson. So, so he goes, ah, man, nothing, I don't know, and I said, oh, well, you know, aren't aren't you gonna aren't you gonna see your daughter? And then he's like, yeah, well I don't know. Maybe and I'm like yeah, I like he is, I'm you gonna be drive into school in a week or so. And I said yeah, I said, you know, maybe spend that quality time with you with your girl. You know, it's your daughter, you know it's And then all it curts to me. I'm like, why am I? Why am I bringing up Scotty's daughter As I'm touching my penis. This is weird, Like he's touching his yeah, and then whatever, and then he's like flushes, washes his hands and he walks out, and I'm like, because I was my I was mid stream again, sitting again. No, I was standing there midstream and I was still I was still, I was still going. Anyway, he leaves and I'm left to my own devices, and I'm left to my own I'm thinking about penis. I'm sitting I'm like, oh my god, that was bad. Why why did I.
Speaker 3: And holding yourself over the urinal? Did you picture heart? Did you pitch his daughter daughter in your No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, My point being your After I heard that, after I zipped up and washed my hands, yes, I washed my hands, I started to think and ponder, and I'm like, I guess when you're peeing, you really shouldn't talk about certain things. I think there are some off limits conversations, and I think I accidentally stepped into one of them.
Speaker 3: M well, let me ask you this. When your private parts are over the urinal, you're still holding them?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I ah, it doesn't. Forget about all that. This is manuia. This is details by point. Why does it matter? Well, if you weren't holding it, then you can ask him about his daughter.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, the larger the larger point here is I don't think anything was larger, But go on, I don't think. I think, I don't. I think there's certain conversations that shouldn't be had, that are offul that should be off limits. Whence when two men are standing over the urinal, or in front of the urinal, or at the urinal, or whatever you want to say, however you want to phrase it, well, the like the way you do with Greg T's daughters. Do you follow his daughters on Instagram? No? Oh wait I do? You should not be talking to the Jurnal then no, why do you follow his daughters on instagration? Enough of that, that has nothing to do with this this license want to know why you follow his daughters? Are like, what is his daughter's like? Twenty and eighteen? I don't even know, No, eighteen and sixteen? Yeah, yeah, anyway, But that's that's besides the point. That's besides the point that I just want to know if there are some if there are conversations that are off limits, and ye, okay, so I will be more cognizant next time, cognizant of what I'm talking what I'm talking to, who about, or who I'm talking to, and what the topic is, because you're right, sports, the weather, grilling things like that, politics if you know the person is safe to talk to you about politics.
Speaker 3: But Scotty's not really Scotty likes the weather. Talk to Scotty about the weather. But I guess gott about any get any good coupons? We imagine imagine me, and you imagine me and you.
Speaker 2: And you and me standing over these two urinals all right, and I'm and I'm had and I'm talking about your wife. That wouldn't sit well with you. It wouldn't matter where we were. I don't want you talking about my Moe. We'll see what I'm saying, Okay, but you know what I mean, Like it would be like me, Yeah, you don't. Like you don't talk about those things when you're exposed.
Speaker 3: Like if we were at the Urinals and you were like, bro, just want to say your wife is beautiful. She is, But I don't want you saying that while youre junk is.
Speaker 2: Out My point. This is a full circle moment here. Now you see where I'm coming from. It's the full circle jerk. All right, I give up on you. Is that why you want a round table? Yeah? I don't get it. I know I'm not crazy. There are off limits topics of the Urine
Speaker 4: Boys choice